Wild Apricot

3.6

Wild Apricot is online membership software for small associations, non-profits, clubs, and subscription websites, with features including Membership Management, Website Software, Event Registration, and Online Fundraising.

Work for Wild Apricot?

Learning about Wild Apricot?

Wild Apricot Reviews

Ask Wild Apricot a Question
Showing 11 Wild Apricot reviews
Wild Apricot review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Great Tool for Beginners"

What do you like best?

I like the Wild Apricot Member Tribe FB Page for support.

The "help" section is extensive and they send out helpful emails with tips and tricks every week.

What do you dislike?

Event Management is poor and the forms have limited customizable options.

Reporting is inconsistent...the same fields are not always displayed in the same order which makes comparing sheets difficult.

Many workarounds are needed to complete our tasks.

Customer service is friendly but, the company is pushing self-service for "help." It's understandable to keep pricing down, but it is cumbersome to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wild Apricot is always updating and expanding offerings. A new event RSVP tool was added recently that I am excited to look into. A new member app has been launched too.

Wild Apricot is an excellent database tool to house our membership. There are many pieces that are automated that eliminate hours of manual administrative office work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wild Apricot
Wild Apricot review by Becca D.
Becca D.

"It's okay but there are better options that have more functions and are still affordable"

What do you like best?

I like the price - it's the most affordable association management system we've found. It works pretty well for event registration, too. It has saved me time, and made it easier to track and manage our members. I like to use it for our monthly webinar registration. Much easier than Eventbrite, which we had previously used.

What do you dislike?

It isn't very user friendly. I haven't been able to get it to work for automating our membership renewals. It also doesn't have all of the functions that I'd like. I don't always get customer service responses in a reasonable time, and not all of my issues have been resolved. I don't believe they offer the least expensive option that we use anymore, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might look into other options such as Member365 instead.

I'm managing my association with more ease - it saves me time and reduces the number of apps that I use to track our members. It works a lot better than Eventbrite for one person who is registering multiple people for an event like our annual conference. We were also able to use it to register for event add-ons like workshops, meals, etc. It easily generates lists of event attendees, which I can export and easily use for creating conference name badges. Overall, it has reduced my workload, which is what we we looking for when we decided to start using it.

What Association Management solution do you use?

Wild Apricot review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Great all-in-one solution for the market they aim for - does everything well, but nothing amazing"

What do you like best?

It's easy and all-in-one. I use this with a completely volunteer run organization that I'm a part of outside of my day job, and by using something like Wild Apricot we can mitigate the need for a half dozen separate systems that probably don't talk to each other easily, and do it all under one umbrella. We're a very small group and we don't need our IT needs occupying our time that's better spent elsewhere. Wild Apricot simply takes care of everything we need for our website, membership, events, online store, and much more. It's all in one place, it's relatively affordable, and it just eliminates the hassle for us.

What do you dislike?

Although it does a lot, it does it all "well" but not "amazing". It's UI and features are miles behind other cheap or even free/open source alternatives. It's a bit of a clunky and dated interface, and even things like the blog capabilities of it don't come anywhere near what other blogging platforms, even simple ones, have to offer. They recently raised the price on the platform, but in my opinion they need to look at what competitors in each space are doing and make those areas of their platform better represent what the market is doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform for time and/or resource strapped organizations, but with a little patience or willingness to have separate platforms, you can get stronger individual platforms in each area (at the expense of more time needed to manage each, and/or more cash needed for separate subscriptions). Hopefully they strengthen up in the weak areas sooner rather than later.

We are solving the need to have our website, membership database, mailing list, online store, event registration, and blog EASILY taken care of in a very small not for profit that simply doesn't have the time or resources for managing many different IT systems if we tried to do each of those with separate systems.

Wild Apricot review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Effective in managing membership information databases, dues collection, and event fee collection."

What do you like best?

I really liked the ability manage our multi-tier membership model with auto-renew features such as email reminders and reoccurring payment set-ups, and event registration / attendance tracking. It was easy to set-up events and programs for members to sign-up for and pre-pay online by connection our PayPal account to Wild Apricot.

What do you dislike?

The design side of the events pages was not as refined as some of the other event scheduling specific web offerings. This was not a big issue for us as we were able to link our events scheduled on Wild Apricot to the event platform of our choice on the back-end for registration and payment.

We no longer use the platform as our business model has changed, but while using Wild Apricot, we used the platform to bring a community of entrepreneurs and supporting cast together for pitch competitions, classes, and advisor connections. With a small team, this made managing hundreds of member participants easy.

Wild Apricot review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Wild Apricot as site builder, hosting, and emailing support"

What do you like best?

The emails look beautiful and professional and are easy to create and send.

What do you dislike?

They issue a domain name and format that may not match your already established website. So you either redo your site's format, embrace the awkward change from one site to the other, or simply build your site through them in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the trial plan and expand from there.

It is a great platform to build and maintain a large email list with lots of options. You can organize your contacts in multiple ways. They also offer hosting, meaning Wild Apricot can replace several different services all at once. I would recommend testing them out early on in your site building process, rather than switching to them once you are established elsewhere.

Wild Apricot review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy platform to manage non-profits"

What do you like best?

This website provides an all-one page to effectively manage non-profits. I use it to register people for events; it keeps track of current and past events, along with donations and whether or not a person has paid. It's easy to export information from as well.

What do you dislike?

This can be hard to use in that sometimes you have to click back a few times just to get to the page you were on. Going into someone's membership page creates a strange loop that makes it hard to navigate back to an event page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend!

We were searching for a way to track event particiation and donations, and Wild Apricot provided that. Each person has a "membership" where I can see their past registration and payment history.

Wild Apricot review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple Platform - Easy to use! "

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is simple - it is easy to understand and not overcomplicated. The average Joe could come into this platform and get set up fairly quickly and easily. Customer service within Wild Apricot rocks too! 🙂

What do you dislike?

I know that us marketing folks use pre-recorded webinars over and over to save us time, effort, and energy... But a live person that comes on at the end should be able to cut off the webinar recording so that they can be heard and questions can be easily answered without background distraction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

QuickBooks online doesn't integrate with this platform (though in not sure it integrates with any, really) so be prepared for that.... May be worth it to switch to QuickBooks desktop. 🙂

Membership database simplification!

Wild Apricot review by Zelma W.
Zelma W.

"Wild Apricot"

What do you like best?

Wild Apricot is great for small businesses and creating and managing a small CRM/CMS. The ability to build a community atmosphere, register for events and also manage back-end operational tasks like accounts receivable and billing at a economical price is a plus. The ability to automate tasks such as emails is very simple compared to more robust CRMs.

What do you dislike?

Wild Apricot is not user friendly, it is hard to see the UI from the administrator login. The ability to toggle between user and admin view would be helpful. The name itself seems to put clients off when automated emails are sent out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking advantage of the free trial prior to purchasing to ensure it suits your business needs. It is a very basic CRM and may not have the analytics of other products. If you are looking for a system that will scale with you, this may be the one for you.

My organization needed a customer management system that could handle reoccurring billing for annual, quarterly memberships at different price points. Wild Apricot makes it easy to see at a glance how many members you have in various stages at just a glance. You can set-up newsletters, events, campaigns at various intervals with just a few clicks.

Wild Apricot review by Rebekah L.
Rebekah L.

"Non-profit user management and website"

What do you like best?

Liked the membership management feature, especially the ability to bill. It is helpful that the ability to create a website comes with the user management capabilities.

What do you dislike?

It's not very user friendly, there are features that require html knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is helpful for managing users. The web interface is kind of behind, but they are continually adding features. Those features just are behind the industry speed. They do listen to their customers.

Having the user management and website all in one place.

Wild Apricot review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Okay for starter sites - no able to grow too much"

What do you like best?

Good to keep up with memberships and post events

What do you dislike?

How long it takes for support and customer support to get back to you. Unable to make the site secure (https). Unable to replicate pages with ease - must create a template which is clunky and hard to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to take care of memberships and events within the membership, very good platform.

Good to keep up with memberships and post events

Wild Apricot review by Vijay S.
Vijay S.

" Best "

What do you like best?

Membership management makes easy.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be improved and made more flexible

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try atleast

Database management and exporting is easy and fast

Learning about Wild Apricot?

* We monitor all Wild Apricot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.