Windows 10

Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use, with lots of similarities to Windows 7 including the Start menu. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have.

Work for Windows 10?

Learning about Windows 10?

Windows 10 Reviews

Showing 314 Windows 10 reviews
Windows 10 review by <span>Juan Camilo R.</span>
Juan Camilo R.

"The absolute best OS at the moment and Microsoft's finest."

What do you like best?

I understand the reticence. Microsft tends to release a very good OS followed by an atrocious one, but if you follow the pattern we were due for a very good and MIcrosoft delivered.

Following the spectacular failure that was Windows 8, Windows 10 is fantastic and easily the best OS I've ever used.

Improving over the already great Windows 7, Windows 10 is beautiful, has a gret ui, brings back the start menu and the classic windows functionality, but with a more modern look.

It's stable, has been crash free in my experience for years (and that's for a power user), it's very intuitive, has the absolute best driver and device support out of any OS I've ever tried, with mostly every product just working plug and play.

The security suit is the best it's ever been, completely eliminating my need for an external resource heavy AV software, resource management is spectacular for a product of his features (I'm currently using a 10 year old PC with DDR2 and it runs superb).

It's very efficient, safe, intuitive, vastly available, compatible with mostly every software available, and looks better than any of its predecessors.

It comes with a robust set of basic programs but it allows you to replace them by alternatives of your choice (and integrate those fully)

What do you dislike?

Price could be lower, the included web browser is a very inferior option.

It's not easy to disable unneeded features.

The "Windows store" even years later is still a failure, and inferior to just downloading standalone versions of those programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just upgrade, no questions asked, absolute best OS available today.

Everything I do on a PC is done running a Windows 10 OS, it is essential for my every day computer and any and all tasks that I do on a PC.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows 10
Windows 10 review by <span>Hakan Y.</span>
Hakan Y.

"It is not the best but better then other windows "

What do you like best?

Windows 10 takes a lot of sharp criticism in the past, but after some updates it is going better and better. It has Directx 12 support for games, and it is more stable window for gaming experience. You can create desktop1 desktop2 for different purposes. Also, file transfer is good, you can pause and an-pause it. It is the best alternative if you playing video games and i recommend it but, make sure you are up to date you windows.

What do you dislike?

Windows 10 gives blue screen sometimes and it may give weird errors and restart your computer, that is so annoying. It has some bugs that never solved. In my opinion it is the most unstable windows ever created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 released with a lot bugs. They should fix them before release product.

I am using it everyday in my work and also in my home, it has good and easy interface when it works with no error. It has detailed control manager to manage your needs.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Windows 10 review by <span>Cesar G.</span>
Cesar G.

"Operating system with very friendly interfaces and good design"

What do you like best?

In my Windows 10 it consumes less resources than its predecessors, which makes working with it more fluid than in previous occasions and significantly improves its performance. They say that it works especially well on old laptops and notebooks and low-tech hardware specifications.

Operating system with very friendly interfaces and bun design.

You have a new notification center you can see past notifications that you did not see on time.

Another advantage of Windows 10 is that you now have the possibility to create virtual desktops and use them at your convenience. that is, you can create / configure 2 desktops, and change from one to another to taste. For example, you can create a desk for work things, and another for leisure themes.

What do you dislike?

Presents mandatory updates Have you ever wanted to update something because you like the application as it is ?. This is because in this new version the automatic updates will be obligatory..

Compatible applications: As usual, not all applications will be compatible with the new Microsoft operating system, so you should wait a little longer for them to be compatible with windows 10

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 we can recommend it for your company for greater security and existing vulnerabilities in the previous windows

This version of Windows is implemented with new security measures. It helped us cover a gap of security and vulnerability that we had with the machines of the company.

Windows 10 review by <span>Parker G.</span>
Parker G.

"Better Than the Old Windows "

What do you like best?

It's a definite improvement off of the old Windows operating systems. It's much more user friendly and easy to use than the older Windows, which felt like they were stuck in the 20th century. I definitely feel like they've taken a cue from Apple OS, you can very clearly see the influence on it from them. It has a very minimalist and contemporary design, with clean, easy to read and notice buttons and icons for everything.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how bland it can be at times. It's difficult to find the system controls on it, and it can some times be hard to read because the fonts are so small. Apple OS always makes everything easily reachable, viewable, and understandable. Windows has always been kind of the ugly cousin that can't get their act together, and never knows quite how to organize anything so that you can actually find it. The only way to find things sometimes is through the search bar, which ends up coming very in handy as a result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Windows 10 is a great tool to use in a work environment. It's practically ubiquitous, and easy to get just about anything you need to do done on it.

I use windows 10 at work for pretty much everything, since it is the operating system that the computers we utilize have. It's been helpful for the most part, and it's pretty easy to get the tasks needed to be completed, done. It's usually relatively easy to find the icons and buttons for all the different applications and services.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jenny J.</span>
Jenny J.

"Windows 10--More like the pins we're use to"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 reminds you of your iphone, pinterest and any other box like format to display and format information. The new design is cleaner, simpler and easier to navigate. The look and feel are great for a novice computer user or experienced one as well. The welcome/start menu is easy to design for yourself, cortana with its voice activation is super and I love the task view--you can pull two documents side by side and work away even on a small laptop screen.

What do you dislike?

While I like the desktop prompts that are available they can be annoying and for some the menu and square box style may not resonate as well. Fortunately, you can go back to the old style layout as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this on a traditional laptop and a touch screen laptop and LOVE it on both it. It's a great product to meet your needs

Windows 10 makes managing all my software needs easier and more efficiently.

Windows 10 review by <span>Wadie A.</span>
Wadie A.

"I don't like it even it's better on design"

What do you like best?

Yes it gives better user experience. Design is awesome . Cortana is very usefull.

What do you dislike?

First of all windows 10 is not stable. i get blue stop screen very offen . when i start my PC , sometimes, it can't read sound cards ( erreur reading memory?!!). Too many software are enable to reach it high resolution and stop doing there their job ! Even some of them can't be installed . Skype, one of the most software i need on my work, become unusable! when i was on windows 7 for 3 years it was perfect!

There is a tons of updates every day and even if you turn it off it still download things !

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have finish a stable version before you begin selling

I am a wedb developer so i use it every day on my work. When i will be more efficient i will buy a mac and all this pain will go! Benifits are a lot , i am paid for coding and without windows i can't !

Windows 10 review by <span>Allison T.</span>
Allison T.

"I really miss Windows 7"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of new features with Windows 10, if you are someone who likes new features. A lot of the core functionality of all of the past versions of windows are still there, they just added more visual twists to it to make it more appealing to a younger crowd.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the main menu and how they tried to make it look like a tablet interface. I It's hard to find some of the programs I have installed, but at least there is a search. It tries to hard to integrate new things that no one even uses, like using the microphone to search in the search bar and other things like that. It's hard to find settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FInd a way to switch from tablet view to normal.

Our whole company uses WIndows so we needed to update eventually. We have a lot of web based products so we have to make sure that WIndows in this version works with all of the products that we offer to our customers.

Windows 10 review by <span>Сергей .</span>
Сергей .

"Most well known platform."

What do you like best?

What can be noted in this version of the Windows system is simplification and acceleration. If we talk about acceleration, it's great that now the system contains a lot for work and after installation it practically does not require tuning. It contains most of the drivers, which reduces the funds for starting the workplace, as well as various utilities which by tradition I have always added in previous versions. These include the archiver Zip and the tool for Mount virtual disks. A better security system, in particular an anti-virus system and a garter to the account. Another significant plus in the speed of the program. It's hard to judge but in my opinion on my old laptop Win 10 works much faster than XP or Vista. For me as designer much more like the simplified design of the shell. It is more compact and looks more stylish. In general, Windows 10 makes work much easier and makes you happy with innovations and improvements.

What do you dislike?

I would add or remove a lot of things. For me, always very important function in Windows was its customization, which allocated it from other products very much. Unfortunately in this version, you can configure the program on a smaller scale. For example, Interface design can be customized but within certain limits. I would be glad to see the taskbar not black. If I say that I would remove it, I can remember the start menu. I have to delete win pins with products that do not interest me. Another inconvenience is this rather confusing settings menu and the same it is not always logical. For example, in the device section a speaker is drawn, but there are no sound settings, as it turned out in the taskbar. I would have made a small map of the settings menu where you can immediately see all the sections, main and secondary. The same problem with the menu "all apps", when installing a new program it can be difficult to find it in the menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Windows 10. You will keep going up-to-date.

Windows 10 helped me in the design. This platform has simplified my work and made it more comfortable and stylish.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jason L.</span>
Jason L.

"Windows 10 is a familiar operating system that most people can be comfortable using"

What do you like best?

One of the main reasons I like Windows 10 is that I can have access to more software titles than other operating systems like macOS or Linux. It has a very familiar layout that most people are used to, so if you have people that need to come in and use a Windows 10 computer, there is less likely to be much training needed for that. I like that Windows 10 has a built-in store where I can do a quick search and find software that can be installed immediately.

What do you dislike?

There are some lag issues that pop up from time to time. For the search field in Windows Explorer, I'll sometimes type something I know is in a certain folder, but no search results will pop up. Sometimes I'll click on the search bar near the start button and it will take way too long to load. I feel like Microsoft probably felt the need to design certain things differently just for the sake of being different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Windows 10 to anyone what wants access to the most software. If you want to save some money, you can maybe give Ubuntu a try and see how that works. It can generally do most of what Windows 10 can do, in terms of managing files on your computer, but having access to more software might be an issue.

I'm able to have an operating system that can load a wide variety of software. Windows 10 is a very familiar environment, so it doesn't take a lot of getting used to for most people. Almost everyone that works with Windows 10 is familiar enough with it to be able to manage on their own right away. Even though it's such a simple application, the Windows Notepad is something I use often to take notes.

Windows 10 review by <span>Deborah V.</span>
Deborah V.

"Windows has the market share, so sometimes it's the only choice"

What do you like best?

Software applications that won't run on Linux, run on Windows.

To be fair, I'm a huge fan of Linux. (Try Ubuntu). I only use Windows when I have to.

That being said, Linux is a little hard to learn, and it's not for everyone.

What do you dislike?

Updates have a very poor UX. They always seem to happen at inconvenient times. I have even scheduled them at 3am, only to sit down to work in the morning to a button that says "Click here to start your update".

Security. Windows is not very secure. Don't store any sensitive information on a Windows box.

Anti-Virus software, that I can never quite figure out how to uninstall or disable, and it sometimes prevents me from doing things I need to do.

Bloatware. I can run Linux on really old computers, and not notice performance problems. If you tried to run Windows on an 8 year old laptop, if it's even possible, it would be super slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn Linux, lol. Just kidding. Linux is not for everyone.

It's a fine OS for most people.

Just be careful, and don't store any passwords or other sensitive information on it, and don't open any attachments on emails from unknown sources.

And find someone who understands the way they do the updates, and get your update settings set right, to make them run at convenient times.

Most software applications run on Windows. Linux is my OS of choice, but I have to keep a Windows box to run the software that won't run on Linux.

Windows 10 review by <span>Daniel W.</span>
Daniel W.

"Windows 10 - Better than 8, but far from 7."

What do you like best?

I like that Microsoft decided to bring back the "start menu" even if it looks alot different. Windows 10 is fairly stable at this point. I like the Quick Assist function that they added - this is a great remote support tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Microsoft has chosen to MOVE every known setting to an inconspicuous place. I do NOT like the "panels" for settings. I don't like having to open those metro windows just to see printer properties...I do NOT like having to choose a default browser over Edge CONSTANTLY. - They even put in an extra popup window to prevent you from changing default browsers easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like 7, stick with 7. If you have 8 or 8.1 - do yourself a favor and upgrade.

General workstation usage. The OS runs Microsoft Office which powers businesses everywhere. I use SMB shares off of a Windows Server 2016 box. I wish collaboration was a little better with the desktop apps.

Windows 10 review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"The benefits of using Windows 10"

What do you like best?

This software is easy to use and can easily adjust for the new features since I am upgrading from windows 7. The features are nicer than the previous types of windows and the new features are relevant and the interface is simple but good.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about this software is the updates are forced that means when you need to do something in your PC you need to stop it and do the updates first or when you're about to shut down your PC or laptop and the update word was replacing the shutdown the button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone especially on users whose using windows as their operating system to upgrade to win 10, its not that hard to adjust in using the features.

It meets my needs which have the voice activated assistant software cortana which can respond to any of my commands in web searches or other reminders.

Windows 10 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"use at work and in my house I also install it and help people"

What do you like best?

It starts fast, has free applications of the store easy to install and do not take up much space. I like his graphic style. with everything and its details of some faults I like it.

What do you dislike?

that is still not compatible with many applications, the net framework 3.5 is not installed and there are several applications that use it and nothing, I will damage the Edge with the last update that installs it to windows 10 and now it does not work, and I have not I could fix it even with the indications of Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before installing it, they should check compatibility with the applications and devices they use, as well as the capacity and processor of the equipment. But really installing is very good to see that it fails, but it fixes itself.

that the boot is really fast, turn it on and on. twitter, instagram, mail, once logged in, instantly informs you when information arrives or they send you a message. It keeps you informed without having to open the application every time to review it.

Windows 10 review by <span>Md Azmain A.</span>
Md Azmain A.

"A huge improvement over Windows 8"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility Windows gives me. I can tinker with almost all of the settings to my own liking and make my laptop my own. I don't get annoying security pop ups every now and then saying that I cannot change this or that. Moreover, Windows have done a great job of improving performance compared to Windows 8. I like the multiple desktop feature.

What do you dislike?

The initial performance starts to deteoriate after heavy use. I feel my laptop becomes clunky after a year or so and I need to refresh/reinstall Windows to clean up the system. The security is also lacking and needs to be improved.

I use Win 10 for my personal computer and also in office because we develope ASP.NET products.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jonathan G.</span>
Jonathan G.

"Windows 10 Works"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It hasn't had any issues with crashing and it's easy to find what I'm looking for with the search tool.

What do you dislike?

It took time to adjust and learn my way around. Some of the updates to the OS made things a little difficult at first. I've been a Windows/PC user most of my life and it was still a little tricky at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to play around with the UI. Figure out where things are now located and use the search tool to find what you're looking for.

There aren't a lot of issues with the previous versions of 10. The updates are nice and the UI is decent but, I'm not sure I've noticed any additional benefits in my day to day business.

Windows 10 review by <span>Simone M.</span>
Simone M.

"Your best friend interface"

What do you like best?

Simplified OS, but do not lose features, and accelerated, use less resources and is more performing. After installation, it practically does not require customization and included commonly used products such as the ZIP archiver.

Very friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

It is not very stable, often some software freezes, files remain in use even when they are not, etc.

The updates are too frequent and too large.

The view for applications is intrusive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 is the must OS in a work environment. Simple to fix even in case of anomalies.

It remains the easiest OS to use and easily supports most products. There is no competition for daily work activities.

Windows 10 review by <span>Krissy G.</span>
Krissy G.

"Great OS!"

What do you like best?

I like the search feature and ability to search anything like documents, programs, folders, etc. easily from one place. I also like the ability to update background images for dual monitors. I think it is easy to use and very pretty. I like the auto updating of images on the log in screen and over all it is just a solid OS.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it decides when to update you and that there is not much you can do about it. If it is ready for an update it just starts shutting down regardless what you are in the middle of. It would be nice if it gave you an option and unless you responded it did not shut down

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot think of many off the top of my head. Mostly maybe the update feature where it auto shuts down/restarts without giving much warning

We run most of our machines on Windows 10 and we are a software company so it is really just for everyday use on the computer

Windows 10 review by <span>Matthew Z.</span>
Matthew Z.

"Likely the cleanest OS windows has had yet. If you don't need legacy windows - go ahead and upgrade."

What do you like best?

Its is very clean and runs well. I have it on multiple computers professional and personally. And it runs well on everything. Of course my power house machine runs it best, but that's to be expected. Microsoft is doing a good job of keeping it updated ahead of the curve. It's nice to have the "start" button back and the info window in the bottom right works well.

What do you dislike?

Not the biggest fan of DropBox - it's not bad, but doesn't integrate into everything (like say, Google Drive). It can be hard to disable and impossible to uninstall. There are a couple of things like this that I wish I could remove because they aren't for that computer's need. Still seems to be windows in how much bloat happens over time in the registry etc. A good cleaner (like CCleaner) does well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're running a windows machine and don't need legacy (like some production still needs XP!) just bite the bullet and step up. it's really the best current OS.

In updating old OS on computer in order to stay current helps with existing problems / patches. A lot can change since windows 7 (like the church was using) and need newer / better security options and patches. Windows 7 is now at the end of it's life so it will not be patched like it has been and support will start to be unavailable.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jan T.</span>
Jan T.

"Windows 10 - Challenging new concept of patching"

What do you like best?

When Microsoft is announcing new OS release, we always hear how great is just that latest version - and I trust to believe that this time that's true.

Besides all other aspects mentioned so far - for me stability, support ability and robust system are most important things I am asking for.

Microsoft introduces some brand new concepts, like CB, CBB and LTSB, but I am afraid it is too early for conclusion, time will show :-)

New way of patching is giving good sense, but problem can be for users having slow connection - patch downloads are now really huge.

So far I did not see any instability, no BSOD yet - and very few situations when system stopped responding.

New instrumentation to simplify support (PowerShell and other improved tools) has been mentioned by other reviewers - and that's true for sure.

I like that Windows is now very similar on different devices (including handhelds) and tools (like OneDrive) make user flexible "on the road".

What do you dislike?

Although new Windows 10 (an all new and cool features coming along) are definitely beneficial for business users, I am not quite confident that home users, especially our parents and grandparents, as well as users with limited IT skills, would always welcome upgrading to latest versions.

Windows is just Operating System - engine to enable additional applications and tools that user may use and like.

Upgrading to new OS is always big step forward and opens questions in two levels:

(1) Would my existing HW be able to run Windows 10 smoothly? How about CPU, RAM and Disk Capacity? How about drivers for my devices?

(2) What about my lovely applications? Do I need to purchase new versions? And how about my data and possible format changes?

Some home users may not see advantages with that new OS adequate to their final expenses - and additional learning required.

Nevertheless, for enterprise users that looks like the right way ahead, especially when talking about LTSB edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IT teams planning for upgrade to Windows should ask three basic questions:

How about our current hardware?

How about all our applications?

How about our scripting skills?

And as always - test, test and test :-)

Main reason is that older operating systems would reach their EoL - and upgrade is simply a must. Also regular HW replacement is a factor.

For enterprise users it is beneficial that support can be better centralized and done by IT Services, leaving less maintenance tasks on user.

There is also slow, but constant move from desktop computers to mobile users (laptops, tablets) and that is where Windows 10 better supports mobility of the user.

Windows 10 review by <span>Richard G.</span>
Richard G.

"Windows 10 is a fairly solid desktop operating system (but have some privacy/security concerns)"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 has a number of improvements over previous versions of MS Windows. The return of the Start menu is a big improvement over Windows 8.0 The ability when the start menu is displayed to start typing the name of what you want to load and Windows automatically displays the items that match what you have typed. Windows 10 also allows the user significant opportunities to customize their desktop environment to meet their needs and aesthetic preferences.

I also like the ability to dock an application on either side of the screen which makes it easy to have two applications running side-by-side.

Windows 10 is a fairly stable operating system. It is not prone to crashes.

I like that Microsoft is planning to add significant, additional features to Windows 10 as part of its normal upgrade/patching processes.

What do you dislike?

With Windows 10, it is much harder to control the installation of patches. As a result, I find that it forces system reboots at times that are inconvenient (such as when I have not saved open files).

As a network technology professional, I have had to look at behind the scenes when a user was complaining about performance. Though unrelated to the issues the user was experiencing, we found that Windows 10 was often communicating with Microsoft servers over the Internet. This would happen when there was no legitimate reason for communications. It caused us to have some privacy/security concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time testing out an evaluation copy of the software. Also read reviews from other users to see what challenges and workarounds they have found.

For our end users, Windows 10 has been a fairly solid operating system. It is mostly intuitive for end users making it easy to use. There are plenty of solid business applications that run well on Windows 10.

Windows 10 review by <span>Shannon B.</span>
Shannon B.

"As far as productivity and collaboration go, I wish we had chromebooks"

What do you like best?

I don't like too much about it, honestly. It doesn't feel like much of a step up from Windows 8, at least not in terms of making personal or work use more productive or intuitive. The aesthetic is better than pre-8 versions of windows, and I like how it is built to be used with a touch interface.

What do you dislike?

It comes preloaded with a ton of unnecessary apps that slow down the computer, which I had to go through and delete at work. I also do not like the way apps are organized in the Start menu. I wish I didn't have to search everytime I wanted to use a program and pin it to my taskbar or cram it onto my desktop to have access to it.

ALSO I updated my ASUS laptop with WIndows 10, and it destroyed it. It won't go past the initial screen with the ASUS logo on it. Apparently, even though I was prompted to update my version of Windows, it wasn't compatible with my hardware. Thanks Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said, I feel Google offers a better integrated platform for collaboration and file sharing. If I worked in a company that was related to arts and media, I'd recommend Macbooks instead of Windows 10 as well.

Some of the apps for Windows10 are helpful for organizing my tasks, like Wunderlist. But, honestly, I wish we all used chromebooks because I find they are faster, better for file sharing and collaboration with the suite of Google Apps made for the chromebook.

Windows 10 review by <span>Gretchen R.</span>
Gretchen R.

"Windows 10 in an Elementary Classroom"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Windows 10. I can easily sync accounts, calendars, and web applications, and locate documents. Guidance is easy to use, and the start menu/dock allows me to pin programs I use often without cluttering up the desktop with shortcuts. Multitasking is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Cortana (voice recognition assistant) has a hard time recognizing what I'm saying if there is any background noise. Also sometimes I have to go into task manager to close out background processes that are sometimes slow down processing speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 is the best Windows product I have used in years and I would highly recommend it. Make sure to look at the individual computers' RAM to ensure you have enough active memory to multitask and run multiple programs at once.

I no longer keep a physical plan book, as everything is at my fingertips. There are way more educational programs that are compatible with Windows 10 than the Apple OS that we also use.

Windows 10 review by <span>Filip G.</span>
Filip G.

"Major improvement over Windows 8.1"

What do you like best?

Microsoft finally accepted the criticism from the user community and designed Windows 10 having the desktop experience in mind as well unlike its predecessor. The UI has undergone several enhancements, the computer settings are a lot more user friendly and simple to enable regular users to perform basic configuration on the OS. Advanced users and system administrators can still access the more complete settings, but more importantly they have PowerShell 5.0 enabled OS which among the many new features allows the sys admin to script using classes similar to OOP languagues. The new task manager is a welcome addition as well. Most importantly, if Microsoft is to be trusted it should be the last version of Microsoft that will offer free feature upgrades to its users each year free of char, without the need to buy new OS ever 2-3 years.

What do you dislike?

Using Windows 10 in an enterprise can be more challenging now that Microsoft is pushing the CBB and LTSB in parallel as business oriented solution. Having the experience of working in a huge enterprise, delivering CBB upgrades all around the globe is not a simple task. Moreover, the switch to cumulative updates is one of the downsides when it comes to adopting Windows 10 if the organization does not use SCCM. The other client management solutions are not able to deliver the updates in the MS intended way which leads to huge package downloads each month in order to ensure clients are compliant with latest security updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start planning the upgrade immediately as there are going to be a lot of challenges to overcome as with any OS upgrade. The sooner the better.

The main business problem when it comes to the OS is the old ones (Windows 7 and 8.1) going out of support. This means that one is piratically forced to upgrade to the next version even though there is no dependency on business applications being incompatible with the currently used OS. Hopefully, MS will stay true to its promise and deliver only feature upgrades to Windows 10.

Windows 10 review by <span>Ray B.</span>
Ray B.

"Works great as long as you defer upgrades"

What do you like best?

New, modern. Best of Windows 7 and 8.1, basically. It stays familiar but keeps you with the times as far as the Windows OS goes.

Gives you a taste of the Metro interface without forcing it like W8 did, and keeps the desktop feel of W7. Feels modern and clean. It was very easy to dive in and figure things out (as an IT guy). Same/similar foundation as W7, so system administration is easy. The new Task Manager is great too.

If you are familiar with W7 and like what it offers, W10 will give you what you want and more.

What do you dislike?

Third-party is still catching up, so I would not recommend for business-critical stability.

Updates have broken functionality, especially the Anniversary Update which crippled some users.

Separation of "apps" and "normal" system features, like Control Panel... seems redundant, although I do like that you have the option.

Cortana feels like it is redundant, as you can search everything via the Start Menu. Voice activation and control have been spotty for me. Integration with other non-Microsoft apps have been spotty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't upgrade if you have business-critical stuff. Most of our tools are web-based with simple client apps, so I did not see any issues with upgrading.

Do upgrade if you want to experience where the Windows OS is going. In traditional Microsoft fashion, it usually takes a few revisions of something before it becomes solid (e.g. W7 was Vista, W10 is a merge of W7 and W8, any service packs solidify stability with SP2, etc.)

Plenty of solving... we're constantly reacting.

Peer-to-peer updates were a disaster in corporate environments. Local networks would get slammed with the extra traffic and bring EVERYONE in an office to a crawl... not good.

"Forced" upgrades from W7 were not good at all either, especially for users who weren't ready or aren't tech-savvy enough.

And again, third-party software compatibility. Constantly researching things like how to get Cisco VPN to work with W10. I'm very hesitation to recommend upgrading if you want to make sure your stuff will still work.

Windows 10 review by <span>Tomas L.</span>
Tomas L.

"Great user experience"

What do you like best?

Every piece of software I've been previously using is compatible with Win10. Boot time is amazing. Tiles desktop is useful, and overall it's just same familiar windows experience which may have changed since the days of windows xp, but the core is the same. I love the ability to speed up login via PIN, or picture.

What do you dislike?

It's really a shame that I have to fill this field with words, because I don't really see any issues with this operating system whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest using Clover as an explorer extension to make windows explorer run with tabs like Google Chrome.

I'm using it for software development along with node.js, github, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, various other software for software development. In addition to that I am using it for graphical design with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Lightroom. Also I'm using windows 10 for daily browsing with Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Edge, Vivaldi and other browsers. Using it as well for gaming and file managing and storing.

Windows 10 review by <span>Eddie S.</span>
Eddie S.

"More Stable Version of Windows on and off touch screen"

What do you like best?

This is definitely an improvement over previous versions. Navigation and the file browser are fast and work really well. I have also run into far less down time from freezing programs or anything else.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't come with Windows Media Player and when I try to install some things the require the "Media Pack," even after downloading from the Windows Support site, I can't install the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well and is compatible with most systems. I would definitely recommend making sure you can get any media packages you need when setting up the computer, as I've had issues with it since set up has been completed.

I don't know that there was a problem we are solving, outside of "We need computers." Again, the benefit is that we are suing the most up-to-date Windows and it has worked very well.

Windows 10 review by <span>Viacheslav S.</span>
Viacheslav S.

"Worst Windows ever"

What do you like best?

There's hardly a single reason any normal person would like this operation system.

But if I had to name few good points of Windows 10 it would be:

* Free update from Windows 7 and Windows 8

* Free Professional version

* All editions in one disk image (actually in 2: x86 and x64, one for each platform)

* Windows installation have not visually changed since Windows 7 so it's not hard to install this OS

What do you dislike?

The worst thing about Windows 10 is that even most experienced users have to learn most of the features from the very beginning.

* Control panel changed

* Explorer introduced few annoying features

* 3 browsers: IE x86, IE x64, and Edge

* Notification center is good for mobile devices but mostly useless for desktop version

* VPN support is awful - 3 different windows should be used to connect to VPN on Windows 10

* Brightness control doesn't work

* Performance is very low on regular HDD, you need SDD to somehow run this thing

* Windows 7 support ended in 2015 so currently there's no good version for end users

* Relatively new devices lack important drivers, e.g. music doesn't play on 2012 device because audio driver doesn't exist for Windows 10

* And many many more...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do not install Windows 10 if you can chose. Stay on Windows 8 or look for an alternative, e.g. Linux of MacOS

Software development and support, web surfing, business documents preparation.

Windows 10 review by <span>Dana R.</span>
Dana R.

"You're still not Mac, PC. "

What do you like best?

I think now that the initial shock has had more than a year to wear off, it's relatively easy to use. It's definitely intimidating to people who don't use computers very frequently. I'm also still not really sure what the point of apps on a laptop is, but I did like it a lot more when I was using a tablet with this OS, so maybe that's what it is better designed for.

What do you dislike?

I miss Windows 7. They keep trying to get fancier-looking without actually having the quality to back it up. I deal with something glitch-y every day. Recently it has been that whenever I try to log into a new wifi network my mouse pointer disappears, and I have to blindly restart it to fix the problem. It's also weird how adds can sneak their way onto my homescreen now. Leave me alone, Cortana!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It feels weird to recommend for or against it because with most modern PCs, you don't really have a choice unless you're technologically skilled enough to uninstall and reinstall a different OS.

You can't really have a computer without having an operating system. This one is automatically installed on newer computers and will incessantly bug you to update to it if it's not.

Windows 10 review by <span>Donald S.</span>
Donald S.

"Love Windows 10 and the direction"

What do you like best?

What i love the best about t\Windows 10 is the fact that they have decided to stray from releasing a next version time after time and have been making 10 better with updates. The customization over other OS's really put Windows 10 aside from the others.

What do you dislike?

Windows 10 can be buggy at times with older software ever when using compatibility modes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate all aspects before launching with you users and be sure of all potential faults or glitches that could arise.

Windows 10 give the ability of great work station sharing. When everyone is using the same platform it also makes sharing of documents and files much easier. On a IT Admin side it gives great ability of updates and regular maintenance.

Windows 10 review by <span>Sri Divya N.</span>
Sri Divya N.

"some issues"

What do you like best?

The return of the windows button and accessing and searching apps easily using the search is very useful.

The performance is great too.

The Cortana is also very useful at times.

It is very easy to connect my laptop to a TV screen or mirror the screen wirelessly.

What do you dislike?

I upgraded my new laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 and since then my screen flashes sometimes when the laptop is not charging. This did not happen to any of my friends. even after I reinstalled and upgraded it again, it still happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is better to buy a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled than upgrading a windows 8 laptop to windows 10

I needed to install a lot of applications for multiple classes and I needed speed and performance. I could not use my Mac OS to install any of the apps I needed.

Windows 10 is better because all the professional applications available on the market are compatible with windows.

Windows 10 review by User in Gambling & Casinos
User in Gambling & Casinos

"Way Better Than Windows 8"

What do you like best?

I personally like the scalability -it can be used on desktop, laptop and tablets.The amount of built in applications is pretty cool and honestly if there wasn't any additional third party software available it's pretty darn robust enough on its own,

What do you dislike?

I don't like the Settings panel - I'm old school and love the old Control Panel - some of the things that were old hat and burned into your brain have been replaced with different entry points and some of the old stuff is hidden and hard to access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finally time to upgrade from XP and 7

It's the best OS since XP, Windows 7 was a great starting point and 8 Was horrible and this platform has taken the best of their earlier OS's and made a really good one

Windows 10 review by <span>Andy C.</span>
Andy C.

"An easier, intuitive version!"

What do you like best?

I like that the search bar has finally been tweaked and it is incredibly easy to navigate. Also, being able to run multiple application at once increases the efficiency of the operating system. All of our work computers have been upgraded to Windows 10 and we are very happy with the continued updates and support.

What do you dislike?

Although I have very few complaints about windows 10, it still has a long way to go. I have experienced the new MAC IOS platform and find it has many features that are easier to reach, compared with windows 10. The search bar also seems a little too sensitive at times when scrolling the mouse over to the far right portion of the screen.

We are increasing office efficiency and able to all operate on the same, easy system. I prefer the Windows operating system and am very satisfied with the capabilities. A big benefit is being able to have an entire office using one version of Windows Operating system. This makes file sharing and training much easier.

Windows 10 review by <span>Patrick D.</span>
Patrick D.

"I have rolled out Windows 10 when it came out and glad I did it."

What do you like best?

Much more user friendly software. I also find it much more stable as well. I think that Microsoft finally release a real operating software. The only other one before was Windows 7 in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

Still in the early stage. Lots of updates to the software and major ones. On the "Windows 10 Anniversary Update" it did crash a few machines. As well, it made my rolled out Trend Micro unusable which I then needed to re-install.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not wait to upgrade if not already done. This is supposed to be Microsoft last operating system, there will not be a Windows 11, they will only get this one better, which I think is a good idea.

Group Policy in an Active Directory Windows 2012R2 server work much better than it's predecessor with policies applying more easily.

Windows 10 review by <span>Carollei M.</span>
Carollei M.

"Using Windows 10 for work and home"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Windows 10 is that it brings together the style of Windows 8 with the functionality and access of older versions of Windows. The ability to use the mobile-launcher style interface, as well as the classic desktop style of use has been well-done in Windows 10.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most about Windows 10 is the bloatware that comes pre-installed. There's so much junk there that's not necessary, especially for business users. Some of the important file and performance management options are a bit hidden still, making it hard to make granular optimizations or to find things that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization uses Windows computers, I absolutely recommend upgrading to Windows 10. Your work flow will improve, your system will be secure, and you'll be in line for future updates. Windows 10 works similarly to other subscription based applications in that you're constantly getting updates and improvements.

The main problem we've solved with using Windows 10 is security. Before the last year, all of the PCs in our office were running different versions of Windows. Some were extremely old, and had been altered or modified by users or by malware to no longer update automatically. Additionally, we had version control issues because users were using multiple versions of MS Office.

Windows 10 review by <span>Yogesh S.</span>
Yogesh S.

"The better Windows and the best version is yet to arrive"

What do you like best?

Lots of improvements and UI overhaul made this version of Windows more sophisticated and better than previous version. Major changes such as Store, Universal Windows Platform Apps, better Security for both end user and enterprise via a surprising feature of Windows Hello made it the leading OS in the market where it was lacking before.

What do you dislike?

Still, after more than a year of launch, Windows 10 has a lot of rough edges and some of them I faced too, like sometimes the Taskbar stops working and sometimes the Metro Apps give me error and fail to start. Such problems are very annoying when you use such features on daily basis. And, for a gamer, some very old games released before 2005 fail to start which is a disappointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd surely recommend Windows 10 to every new user and existing user of previous version of Windows because it is, first of all, easy to use and anyone can quickly learn it, then it is very adaptable according to use because it has added personal voice assistant which understands and learns what to do and what not. Moreover, it has lot of new things to try-out for users of previous version of Windows such as improved Settings, the Store and UWP Apps.

I'm using Windows 10 solely to speedup my Design process because Windows 10 is very light-weight and blazing-fast. I occasionally play games on it but the main purpose remains the same, to Design at super-speed. This task can also be done with previous version of Windows but Windows 10 give me more free RAM because it has properly optimized RAM. Along-side it has better comparability with latest software which is a plus point.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jack H.</span>
Jack H.

"Waaaaaaay Better Than Win8"

What do you like best?

They got rid of that goofy start routine. I understand what they were trying to do, (have a tablet experience recreated on the desktop), but it was just too stupid for words. The Start Button came in with Win95, and its use was so instinctual that to get rid of it was just a massive mistake. Glad they brought it back.

What do you dislike?

I hate the auto-load stuff. Skype in particular. I REALLY hate the Windows 8/10-specific apps. The flat UI is ugly as sin, the apps are so simplistic that they are annoying. There is literally ZERO way to find out more about how the apps work inside the apps themselves. I'm thinking specifically of the Control Panel replacement, the Camera, the Video player, and the Music player. Absolutely horrible experiences and I hate them. Fortunately, I am not FORCED to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're using a tablet, don't get too excited about using the native apps. They are horrible. FOrtunately, there are a jillion alternative choices to the native apps.

Well, I've been a windows user since Win95, so they fixed most of the really irritating things about Win8. I use my computer for 10-12 hours a day for my business - coaching and writing. I still like Windows apps better than Mac apps. So I guess the benefit is that I can do my work effectively without having to pay the inflated prices for an Apple product.

Windows 10 review by <span>Mike B.</span>
Mike B.

"Windows 10 is the next Windows 7"

What do you like best?

Upgrading from Win 7 didn't cause a lot of problems and was simple and strait forward.

What do you dislike?

Too many version updates too fast. They take a while to install and in a corporate world thats all adds up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like it said its the new Win 7. Windows 8 and 8.1 were not that good but using Windows 10 has a new look and feel with all the tool and access I had form Windows 7.

Free upgrade to the newest OS with better security.

Windows 10 review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"I'm an Apple Gal but I can get behind Windows 10"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 is somewhat more streamlined than previous roll outs of the software. It is feels ALMOST as intuitive as iOs options.

What do you dislike?

It is still a touch convoluted. There are a lot of moving pieces (like literally... the tiles move around!) and it can be a little tricky to keep track of where everything falls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're use to Apple products, this is not too far off in feels and ease of use. It isn't Apple for sure, but it could be way worse! I mean, 7 and XP look like a big ol messes compared to the upgrade 10 offers!

It is easy to use on a large scale. It is easy to connect with others because so many people are on Windows and PCs over macs.

Windows 10 review by <span>Rachel C.</span>
Rachel C.

"Windows 10 way better than 8"

What do you like best?

I like the tile look, and the use of Cortana on the desktop and laptop. It is easier to maneuver and offers better coordination between programs. I like that Cortana will search both the system and the internet for the item you request.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes to load and updating to 10 from a previous version takes FOREVER!!!! (Like and hour and a half, ridiculously long!) It moves slower on closing programs and finding somethings like control panel requires you to search via Cortana in the computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide if the system you have can handle the upgrade and if you have enough available room for it. Also, plan for it to take a little longer for it to upload each time you turn it on. And realize that everything is going to be better than 8!

We have all upgraded on our work computers, and I have 10 on one of my laptops. I could not upgrade one of my laptops (2 in 1 transformer by Asus) because the new program takes up too much room.

Windows 10 review by <span>Keene M.</span>
Keene M.

"Excellent progression - very solid"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 is such an upgrade to 8.1, and indeed 7 that its hard to quantify the best features. For me, I'm a huge fan of the improved interface (I know its almost identical to 8.1, but we are migrating from Win 7 to 10). The notification bar, I like a lot (same, I know). Virtual desktops are really nice too.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any that I can think of. There's a host of things I am sure - but I tend to only use the features that benefit me, so I am perhaps not finding things I dislike here. The Snipping Tool is still too basic. Some of the Control Panel items are grouped into non-intuitive groups. Also, for some reason, I cannot seem to re-arrange my desktop icons. Thats probably me though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on how large your customer base is, you may need to assemble quite a team to perform a migration / rollout. There are hundreds of new GPO's that need to be addressed, as well as features to take advantage of. You will need appropriate infrastructure in advance for those. Plan carefully.

Enterprise OS, collaboration, technical environment - so many business challenges are addressed by this. We are still in the rollout process, so I cannot specify exactly what benefits our customers are specifically calling out just yet.

Windows 10 review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"windows 10 is a good option"

What do you like best?

I like of Windows 10 the simplicity of the interface, how fast is now when it starts, the Windows store has too many apps can be use as well in pc, tablet, smartphone. I like a lot the new apps or software, like the pdf reader, the scanner, camera, groove music, the weather app, the calendar. I like that in the weather app can have more than a city and can see easily the weather of the day. And like a lot the compatibility with games.

What do you dislike?

I am not completely happy with the issues with Nvidia graphic card. Some problems with the sounds, doesn't recognize automatic change between headphones and speakers. Firts issues with Microsoft Edge, the browser had problem loading pictures and full pages. I don't like either that can't avoid advertising in ME. I do not like that Cortana is not avalaible in my country Colombia. Do not like either that groove music not let me sign either because of my ubication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For some reason people is afraid of the new Windows interface. Just give a try. It is very easy to use and even fun when learn more about it.

The mail app is really useful, I can see if have mails in the Start, not needing open the browser and search for hotmail page.

Windows 10 review by <span>Derick O.</span>
Derick O.

"Windows 10 Review"

What do you like best?

The windows 10 is stable an user friendly. It is a great improvement from Windows 8.

What do you dislike?

Creating a usb bootdisk in case of forgotten administrator password is not as straightforward as Microsoft says

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows is a good and reliable operating system. But one needs to make sure that the system is updated. It is advisable to set updates to be automatic. Windows defender is a good antivirus, but one should invest in antivirus software that gives full protection incuding inernet protection particularly if they use the internet. There are many antivirus products, but my preference is AVG.

I am using it as the desktop operating system. All the other application software I use are installed on it

Windows 10 review by <span>Nora A.</span>
Nora A.

"Windows 10 Review"

What do you like best?

I love the optimization configured into Windows 10. After using Windows 7 and Windows 8, I was very weary of giving Windows 10 a chance. However, Microsoft took feedback from Windows 7 and 8 and drastically improved everything about Windows 10 - from the User Interface to the seamlessness of opening up One Drive.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there is little that I dislike in regards to Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those considering using Windows 10, please understand that this software is much improved from its predecessors. Windows 10 has improved nearly everything - from the User Interface to the load times associated with opening applications. I am very pleased with just how easy the User Interface is to use for beginners, but how much experienced users can do with Windows 10. My mother, who is not well versed with technology, is able to successfully use Windows 10 without many issues. At the same time, I have been using technology for 15-16 years and I am able to do more advanced commands with Windows 10. There isn't much that I would say can be improved upon in regards to Windows 10! I highly recommend it!

While using Windows 10, I am able to do things such as play a small game, browse the internet, configure a cloud application and so much more! Windows 10 has the foundation of a powerful system, but isn't overbearing for a beginning user.

"windows"

What do you like best?

The ease of installation and how user friendly it is. the latest change in dispplay making it mobile like could be headed inthe right direction.

What do you dislike?

The OS is heavy and is cumbersome on my CPU. it deters the possibility of having additional OS on my system. Since I do not have a high power CPU to share resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a light to use product even though the core is heavy and installation is time consuming. it comes with additional security features.

Every layman joining my office is aware of Windows, so I do no additional training to get them on board. This is one of the biggest benefits of windows 10.

Windows 10 review by <span>Juliano F.</span>
Juliano F.

"The best Windows version until now"

What do you like best?

+ If you use the computer to develop applications/games (or general jobs) this is the best version of the system so far;

+ Joins what is best in all previous versions of the system (stability, compatibility and usability);

+ Very stable and regular updates;

+ According to Microsoft, this will be the definitive Windows version, with longest life and support;

+ In case you work with your computer, the interface is nice and you won't get bored so easy;

+ If you were fast enough, you should have won the free upgrade to this new system, if you're using Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

What do you dislike?

- With the latest updates the system boot time is already not as fast as it was before;

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great system. An natural evolution of the system. You don't need a very powerful computer to use it. I use it for develop Android and PC games, and i'm very satisfied with it. It's a pity that i can't develop for Apple IOS with the same system, but i understand that this issue goes beyond the software and hardware limitations.

I develop my games at all times with a computer running Windows 10. There were rare times that the system crashed or restarted for some problem. I just had a little problem that occurred with the "host system" and that was solved with the latest update of the system. Updates are also not as time-consuming to install as it was in the past with previous versions of the system. Moreover, as I had already bought Windows 8 when it was out, i got the upgrade to this new system entirely for free.

Windows 10 review by <span>Brian R.</span>
Brian R.

"Good upgrade from Win7"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 functions the same as Windows 7, but has a myriad of UI improvements, and others small things that make it familiar but more convenient to use for those upgrading from Windows 7. Built in multi-monitor support (each monitor gets a taskbar now), Windows explorer menu bars, and a very easy to use search feature are just a few of the many additions to windows 10.

What do you dislike?

Many of the more advanced features dealing with updates, and data usage are hidden under multiple menus. They are still there, but it may take some looking to find exactly where. I've heard of issues with crashing, but I personally have yet to have an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are used to 7 or XP, it's worth upgrading to 10. They've done away with the awful metro UI from 8 and have brought back the start menu from 7. If functions and feels almost exactly like 7, with numerous small improvements.

As with any software or OS, be sure that your system meets the requirements before upgrading.

Windows 10 runs faster than windows 7/8 (provided your hardware is up to date), and most programs are compatible.

Windows 10 review by <span>Steve Y.</span>
Steve Y.

"Best Windows so far"

What do you like best?

I think Windows 10 offers the best usability and features of any version. I like the new start screen and Cortana search functionality built in so seamlessly. Overall, a great operating system.

What do you dislike?

I still don't like the native apps for Windows, such as photo viewer, mail, etc. which are lightweight applications that seem to take a long time to load. Others such as Skype or Facebook are even worse, which makes me wonder why anyone would prefer to use these Windows Apps vs. the installed software versions or web-based versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are comparing Windows to Mac, I would think long and hard about what you plan to use it for the majority of the time. Mac has an edge with video and photo editing and is a very stable operating system, but Windows integrates the touch screen capabilities very well and has much greater compatibility.

I use this for my day-to-day work and personal needs. I spend more time with Windows than I do with my kids. I need Windows to work fast, be stable and secure, while also being enjoyable to use. So far, I am pretty impressed and find the platform to be very stable and easy to use.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jayson F.</span>
Jayson F.

"More Productive with Windows 10"

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of windows ever since I started working as a developer. I became more productive as the Windows OS evolved. When this Windows 10 comes, I really like the Cortana Search and the flawless User Interace of it, windows, applications, desktop are all sharp! It feels like I'm using a machine from the future! I also like the new Action Center, it's really cool. Also the New Snipping Tool with DELAY function, really helpful!

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the photo viewer, it's really slow, when I try to open a picture for the first time, it opens up in 8-10 seconds which is kinda slow compare to the old photo viewer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a windows fan and still using the old version, I recommend you to upgrade to windows 10, it'll make you more productive. But yeah still do some research before upgrading.

I'm trying to find an operating system that'll give me ease on doing my job and make me more productive. Well yeah Windows gives me that, the logic of how it's working is perfect for a human being!

Windows 10 review by <span>Daniel A.</span>
Daniel A.

"Windows 10, Love it or suffer?"

What do you like best?

Microsoft has almost closed the gap on device detection and ease of use with Win 10 versus Apple. It does make older systems a bit quicker and allows them to utilize newer technology, as advertised. They continue to improve on the UI, boot times, and features. Many applications and components are now seamless. Networking has become more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

To truly enjoy Windows 10, you should have at least an i3 class processor or greater and preferrably 8GB of RAM. That's sad, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Coming from a Windows 3.1 world, I prefer to do things manually. Some of the automated tasks do more harm than good in my opinion.

Upgrading older operating systems with Windows 10 at no cost during the free upgrade window. Newer versions of Windows provider newer, more intuitive components.

Windows 10 review by <span>Matt C.</span>
Matt C.

"One of the better operating systems to ever be made."

What do you like best?

Windows 10 has massive advantages over every other Windows OS to have ever come out.

One is that it's incredibly fast and slick in terms of optimization and speed. All of the system animations are fluid and responsive, and fast, and navigating structures of directories, finding the programs you have and getting into them is faster than ever before, especially with the new start menu adapting ideas from mobile devices, allowing you to place any Modern Apps or Standard Windows Applications in whatever order you want, taking up as much space on screen as you want, making everything you need basically a click away.

One of the other big advantages is that it the new Modern Windows Apps and Windows Store. Many people would have you believe that having a more restricted environment for developing applications and more streamlined interfaces is a bad thing because it restricts the freedom with which you have in terms of application interface and design, but realistically- there's nothing a Windows Store application does that Desktop Applications can't, which makes Windows Apps and Store only a net positive in the end. Restrictions on the development freedom and curation means that applications that get posted are designed what they are supposed to do, it means they all have interfaces that are easy to learn without much slack, and the value of that, especially in the workplace, on paper at least, is relatively high.

What do you dislike?

Most of the issues I have with Windows 10 are actually not even direct issues with Windows 10 itself.

Many people have major issues with the whole Free Upgrade system that causes failed upgrades, or even worse, broken upgrades where people managed to get on the new OS but some parts of it don't work properly or have major- something OS breaking issues. Luckily most upgrades as of November 2015 are much much smoother and issues as time goes on are becoming fewer and farther between because of the team over at microsoft squashing bugs in the upgrade process, and hardware makers are getting to work creating much much better Drivers for their specific hardware to be used in Windows 10.

Most modern PC's are built with Windows 10 in mind will never experience these sorts of problems because installing the operating system fresh is clearly a lot more stable no matter the case, and eventually almost all PCs capable of running Windows 7 will be able to run Windows 10 perfectly.

The only other issue I find is that the Windows Store is just not very well supported by developers. I have a distinct feeling this is because Windows 10 is the first OS to make good use of the whole "App Store" concept, and maybe as time goes on we'll see more developers making simple to use, easy to find and install programs for the Modern Windows App Platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a slick OS with modern design principles applied in ways that make sense for the Desktop user, making everything you do feel like you're doing it and not waiting for your computer to do it for you. Windows has always been more a tool for getting work done, and it's about time the OS is being built in a way that makes sense on that front.

Like I said above, the slick interface with the inspiration based on mobile for the start menu means I can organize the applications there I need to get work done and get in and out of them very very quickly. For once the start menu doesn't feel like a nesting tree of folders or a massive list of stuff anymore. It's been streamlined and it works worlds better now that it's back to it's simple corner of the screen form factor.

The UI is simple and not distracting, it's easier to navigate, and it uses modern ideas and design principles and applies the incredibly well to the desktop environment in ways that make sense for the end user, unlike the previous iteration, Windows 8.

Windows 10 review by <span>Ian C.</span>
Ian C.

"An awesome Upgrade"

What do you like best?

Finally, Microsoft make a real update on the system.

I loved the came back of the Windows Button, the possibility to create new desktops (like Unix systems).

A better manage of the memory and resources.

Added Cortana and the search bar to easily find our files, programs and web searchs.

And last, but not least, a great interface, with new buttons and a new Program Display.

Virtual Desktops are really awesome.

What do you dislike?

Windows still missing an search inside the programs, like Mac do (inside the help, you can search features).

But, for the first time, this is the only dislike that I will give to Windows.

Cortana are not in my local language yet.

Unfortunately I can't choose which Updates I'll made, so my computer forces me to update and sometimes this isn't that good.

This forced updates sometimes crash my Operation System and this ins't a good feature to have, when you work you the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you still using Windows 7 or Windows 8, please change without fear. Windows 10 have an better User Experience than the others Windows.

With Windows 10, I can interate faster with my computer, better organize my desktop (using common interest, like browsing, work and management).

I'm a developer, so use Visual Studio 2015 with Windows 10, it's a masterpiece.

Windows 10 review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Windows 10 a great upgrade"

What do you like best?

This is such a great upgrade from the supposedly user friendly windows 8. I love the original set up for desktop, with the added option to use with tablet pc's. this operating system is highly user friendly and truly customizable. The action center upgrade is great! The shortcuts, messages, and upgrades all in one place that is easily accessible is convenient.

What do you dislike?

There are only a couple of things I dislike about windows 10. One of them is that multiple desktops may be helpful when trying to be productive. However, you can't have multiple icons on each desktop is unhelpful. The other aspect I dislike is the wasted space not he start menu. Although I understand that windows 10 cannot be windows 7, the tablet like windows 8 was wasteful with desktop space. The start menu in windows 10 is still space wasting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This upgraded Windows is a much needed change from windows 8. If you are looking for a fairly easy system to work with, this is it.

I use bother windows 10 and macOS Sierra and both have their benefits. However Microsoft Office does not make a Publisher program for Mac. in my business it is important to use Publisher for graphics and hand outs.

Windows 10 review by <span>Beth B.</span>
Beth B.

"Windows 10"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of toggling between windows, desktops, and the simplified format of the OS

What do you dislike?

Having trained in IT on older Microsoft Operating Systems, I find myself getting lost finding basic computer information that was readily accessible on older systems.

With the built-in options, we are able to better communicate across our team. Windows 10 often runs our programs and other software with much fewer issues than older operating systems.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jessica S.</span>
Jessica S.

"Windows 10 Has Been Great Overall"

What do you like best?

The upgrade to Windows 10 was fairly smooth. I have not had too many problems since then. I had one bug but that got resolved, and I don't know what caused it. Windows 10 runs fast on my desktop and allows me to do everything I need to do.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to learn about all the new features. I didn't love the signup process to qualify to get the Windows 10 upgrade installed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hope everyone took advantage of the upgrade to Windows 10 when it was offered by Microsoft.

My computer runs faster and works better overall on Windows 10 than before the upgrade. I have noticed increases in speed and decreases in crashes.

Windows 10 review by <span>Michael R.</span>
Michael R.

"Surprisingly good"

What do you like best?

Offers a very refined experience compared to previous editions.

Boots extremely fast and provides a quick and responsive interface for necessary tasks.

Biggest software library, only choice for a serious gamer.

Plug & play compatibility with all devices I've tried (Nintendo Switch controller, wireless mouse, monitors - it runs with anything I've thrown at it).

What do you dislike?

Very difficult to get Windows Bash working - have to subscribe to beta versions.

Difficult to make the system recognize EXT4 devices, requires third party software at additional cost.

These points make it hard to recommend for modern web development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A Windows OS that competes competently with macOS and Ubuntu.

Feels like a fresh approach to operating systems from Microsoft.

Excellent backwards compatibility.

Testing website compatibility with Microsoft browsers.

Windows 10 review by User

"Not the best!"

What do you like best?

Smoother features and great for use with the latest updates. Like the touch and the features that come with the touch screen laptops.

It is a good improvement over the last versions, but needs a lot more work when it comes to making it perfect

What do you dislike?

Hangs! Crashes and gets super slow at times. Windows has always had trouble with the applications crashing and even the keys being reversed etc. but they seem to be more present in this windows 10.

Not the best for servers and other uses either.

I would say its the best for personal / home use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See what you are using it for! If its for personal use, its great. But if its for company use, then see if it is for something like servers or a general desktop user.

Also do some market research on what your needs are and how Microsoft products can help you with them. You may find ealrier versions of Microsoft Windows much more helpful for your needs maybe!

Simply using the product for the dekstop and laptops for everyday work. Company used this for servers as well and did not see the best experience, and so shifted back to Linux and RedHat.

Windows 10 review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Windows 10 Review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the added function of using apps on my pc. I also think it runs smoother and is more user-friendly than previous versions.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really too much to dislike. I figured out how to use the new functions fairly quickly and have made the necessary adjustments to carry out my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a previous Windows 8 user, Windows 10 should give you a night and day difference. The interface is much easier to use and is much more compatible with the Windows 7 version. I don't know why they took a wrong, adventurous turn with Windows 8, but regardless I feel like Windows is back on track now as they provide you with newer and more useful functions (especially the apps) and it keeps more in line with the traditional operating of a Windows computer. Much better job Windows 10! It's a win for me!

Efficiency and time management. Using Windows 10 it allows the best and creative functions to be found all at one place and the work is easily co-managed.

Windows 10 review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Quick to load"

What do you like best?

My favorite part is the log in screen. The constantly changing pictures are nice and relaxing.

It is also easy to use, you just have to search for the program that you are looking for.

The other good thing about Windows 10 is that it is quick to reboot and power on.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are a lot of issues with the current version of Windows 10. The anniversary update broke a lot of drivers and not all programs work well with Windows 10.

One of the other fall backs from this OS is that in order to find a program, you have to know what it is called an search for it, there is no longer a drop down menu for you to browse through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend Windows 10. I would stick with Windows 7. I would not pay for Windows 10, only upgrade if you must and if it is free.

It saves time when users have to restart. It takes less than a minute most times to perform a restart.

Windows 10 review by <span>Kammy O.</span>
Kammy O.

"Windows finally got it right!"

What do you like best?

Easy. My mom is in her 70's and since upgrading her to Windows 10 she hasn't called me once for help. Windows 10 has been the most compatible with older SQL and reports less errors with .net when installing old software.

What do you dislike?

THe start menu, or lack thereof. I recommend everyone install ClassicShell and then its perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its better and you will not be sorry. Its easier than the last couple upgrades MS has had.

7 and 8.1 were both a bit troubled. It made it difficult to install drivers at times - and multi monitor issues were rampant. 10 solved all those issues.

Windows 10 review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Windows is back!"

What do you like best?

Windows is back with all the classic things you used to love about the platform with modern touches. The start menu is back! Oh how we all missed it. It certainly makes finding your way on the platform a lot easier. It does great at multi-tasking without crashing.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any features that I do not like about Windows 10 yet. It runs smoothly and gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 is a huge upgrade from Windows 8. While I understand they were trying to do something different and 'cutting-edge', it missed the mark and made the whole experience a little more difficult. I think I'm with everyone when I say Windows 10 is breathing again after turning blue.

We solve various sales, public, background issues on a daily basis. I know I can count on Windows 10 to hold the apps that I use without crashing.

Windows 10 review by <span>Justin G.</span>
Justin G.

"Windows 10 is the best version of Windows yet!"

What do you like best?

As an Apple user, I like the direction the most recent Windows updates have been going. My work system is a PC, so it runs Windows 10. I like the dock interface as well as being able to quickly search for programs and applications.

What do you dislike?

The tile interface is somewhat confusing.

The Microsoft Office suite works seamlessly with Windows 10, so I am able to produce quality products for conference presentations, etc.

"It's Not So Bad!"

What do you like best?

No body likes change! Anytime Windows does an update, you hear a big sigh throughout the world. Out of all the updates, I think this one was the best. It is easy to use and wasn't hard or confusing after the switch. Kudos to Windows for making this update.

What do you dislike?

I am happy with the update. The only complaint would be that it takes up too much memory. One of my laptops crashed with the update, so I had to go back to the older version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the search functions and setup and configurations.

Windows 10 review by Administrator

"Windows 10 Review"

What do you like best?

The interface is quite clean. It has a minimal vibe to it like Windows 7 but with the more modern tile theme. It seems to have a lot less bloatware compared to Windows 8.

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning to utilize its full capability, but I don't like that the recent update replaced my super convenient Sticky Notes app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything about it is great. I just wish they wouldn't try to push Cortana on me. I don't even use Siri on my phone. I don't have any issues with these voice activated services, but I am not fond of talking to my computer. I'm sure I will eventually start doing it.

I am using it for personal use and am having an excellent experience. It has ultimately replaced the previously thought to be irreplaceable Windows 7. I would love to start implementing it in the workplace. At my previous job, we were unable to as some DLL's associated with our web API services were not compatible with it.

Windows 10 review by <span>Ashleigh B.</span>
Ashleigh B.

"Awful! Two years in and struggling "

What do you like best?

I don't like much about windows 10 whatsoever.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that this came pre-installed on a non-touchscreen device. it isn't designed for non-touchscreen laptops, it's very clunky to use on them confusing impractical and time-consuming having to drag the mouse to the corners and click or double click instead of swiping with the finger is a pain in the tablet oriented start menu replacement is not conducive to a traditional laptop. Any site with flash or video does not work either despite numerous calls to support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not upgrade unless you are using a tablet

I don't feel as though much has been solved at all beyond simply having an OS

Windows 10 review by <span>Erin M.</span>
Erin M.

"Windows 10 "

What do you like best?

I feel that Windows 10 is incredibly easy to teach to older people who are newer to the software.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if its my computer or the software, but my computer glitches from time to time

I work at a company where everyone is 55+ and when we upgraded our computers, a few of my coworkers were going to be getting some Microsoft applications for the first time. I was the lucky one to get the job to help some of the older employees to navigate through their "new computer." Being able to move frequent apps to the bottom access point and having the large icon displayed

Windows 10 review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Windows 10 the Perfect OS for Official / Home purpose"

What do you like best?

easy to use, most google app available which we can use like using on mobile and user friendly, WiFi hotspot, integration accounts

What do you dislike?

few applications from different product like SAP web ui need to updated IE, connection of VPN gets closed without any reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best and suitable for professional employees as well as for home use with maximum outcome to meet your expectations, so far my OS never crashed is the best part due to which I recommend others to use it.

in our company we use windows 10 on all our consultants laptops as well as on desktops, many more benefits with improved performance were noticed while using Windows 10

Windows 10 review by <span>Shahbaz T.</span>
Shahbaz T.

"Daily user of Windows 10"

What do you like best?

I currently use Windows 10 on both my laptop and my Surface Pro 3 and it runs flawlessly. I particularly like how it has been optimised for both a desktop experience and a tablet experience with great touch support.

Running on the Surface Pro 3 its fluid and responsive and being that it is a full operating system it allows me to run a vast array of existing applications that I am used to and knowing I can install anything just like before is satisfying too.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have a command line/shell that is similar to unix/linux with all the standard command line tools. I know that it is possible to obtain these separately however the experience natively would be a lot better. The lack of this is off putting.

Native, intuitive multiple desktops should also be implemented as they increase productivity and easier management of workspaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Windows 10 especially in conjunction with Surface Pro 3/4 or a hybrid device as it allows you to fully realise the benefits of the system.

I use Windows 10 to communicate with my work colleagues. I use Skype a lot and its a breeze on Windows.

I also use OneNote on Windows utilising the Surface Pen and its like pen on paper with the ability to digitally store my notes and share them.

Windows also allows me to run legacy software which my company requires which is something that is always a benefit.

Windows 10 review by <span>Mihai V.</span>
Mihai V.

"Better performance, less secure."

What do you like best?

Performance is one of the very best features of windows 10 compared to previous version of windows 8. Also, the start menu seems to be more user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The only things that personally don't like about Windows 10 is that the operating system uses your internet band with to send other users updates. This can be turned off on if you look for the settings but it's an inconvenience when your Internet service provider has a data cap on your plan. Also i can't customize my own tiles for example if i pin a new program to the start menu it uses the small icon that the program uses and i can't change it and make it my own. Moreover, it is claimed that Microsoft spies on users using windows 10, which might be a strong reason why it is free. Moreover, there are lots of buggy updates at the moment which break down a significant number of key features such as internet connection (I had this issue two weeks ago).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend others to update to windows 10 if they are seeking for performance improvements and don't mind the negative ads about Microsoft tracking everyone's data.

I have used it just a couple of times on my PC to play some regular windows games.

Windows 10 review by <span>Kenneth R.</span>
Kenneth R.

"How Windows 10 is the best Windows version yet."

What do you like best?

What i like best about Windows 10 is how much new functionalities they integrated into the operating system itself. For starters the Start menu is back which is a necessity because Windows 8 was so hard to navigate and frustrating at the same time.

The start menu is very customizable as you can pin your favorite apps to your start menu for faster access and is no longer on a separate window like in Windows 8 or 8.1 you can move tiles around to suit them to your liking you can also re-size the whole start menu to give some space to your tiles or you can keep it more compact if you don't want the menu taking a lot of space. The most used apps section on the left side is really helpful to quickly go back to any app you used before while at the bottom left you can pin most used folder and shortcuts and its kept simple and intuitive.

Cortana is the new search functionality from Windows 10 that you can just ask with your voice to search something and it works great or you can just type and search its very reliable and works for me when i,m really busy and just need to do so with just my voice it also syncs across devices like your Windows phone or other devices it syncs your calendar, reminders and the more you use it the more personalized it becomes.

Edge Browser is faster and simpler than the previous Internet Explorer and modern and full of useful functionalities like integration with voice search with Cortana and the highlights and annotations functionality is very helpful to quickly jot down notes on a webpage to be accessed later or send to someone else or just upload to One Drive for safe keeping and sharing with coworkers.

Multiple Desktops is another functionality that is very helpful when you need to do different things on the same computer but keep them separated you can have your email open and browsing on one desktop and Photoshop or Music if you work with those programs on another desktop and you can switch easily with keyboard shortcuts.

And best of all is completely free to upgrade if you're using Windows 7 or 8 and 8.1

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade if you want a better experience if not keep using Windows 7 but if you want a better browsing experience and more apps and a familiar layout then Windows 10 is better plus Cortana is very useful.

Faster navigation, simpler start menu that gets more done. Cortana is very useful to use between devices and to send work reminders it's like having your best personal assistant helping you out throughout the whole day so that's a plus. The edge browser is better for collaborating with other people and all in all it's a better experience to use for work than previous versions because it's more modern and more connected than before.

Windows 10 review by <span>William Q.</span>
William Q.

"The good parts of Windows 8 combined with Windows 7 to make a very modern operating system"

What do you like best?

Windows 8 introduced a new driver recognition and installation system, meaning that most of the time you can install Windows 8 onto a system and have all of the drivers installed automatically. This feature is also in Windows 10 which makes installing the operating system really easy. I also really liked the Windows Insider program as a way for Microsoft to get feedback on Windows features before they are added to the operating system.

What do you dislike?

All of the privacy issues with Windows 10 aren't the best. Things like automatically connecting to WiFi networks shared by contacts, uploading Windows updates to everyone over the internet using P2P, and sharing all sorts of information with Microsoft is something I'm not a fan of. In general I think that this is something that we'll have to get used to though with newer versions of Windows, Mac OS X, tablets, and phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth at least trying. Right now you can upgrade for free, and you can even downgrade within a month of upgrading if you don't like how things are with Windows 10.

Windows 7 was a great operating system, but many years later it isn't all that modern, it feels outdated. Windows 8 and 8.1 are great, but you really need a start menu replacement to use the operating system easily. Windows 10 lets me get the modern features that came with Windows 8 along with many more, while also having the start menu.

Windows 10 review by <span>Joe C.</span>
Joe C.

"Confusing and Troubleshooting"

What do you like best?

Graphics, gaming apps and software is great when running windows 10. I do like how they have the apps all displayed on the homepage.

What do you dislike?

Needs improving with software compatibility on programs and hardware.

They need to have more stable graphics that are compatible with software. Also make it compatible friendly with printers. Needs improvements with IE.

Needs more security in network and with logins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

needs major improvements. but stable in its own category. has lots of graphics and easy to navigate. some areas do need improving but shortcuts are easy to make, to navigate throughout the OS.

If IE is not working, i suggest to use firefox or chrome.

Be prepared if printers or graphics don't work with win10. It lacks compatibility and needs drivers.

Software updates are a major improvement. We find software updates with servers are great and don't need much monitoring.

Security is not a strong point but can be accommodating to the public. I would recommend to have a additional software encryption and a firewall dedicated to the server, rather than relying on the OS Windows 10 for its network and security.

need to roll back to other software because its not working or need updates.

issues with interface and compatibility with browsers. have the option to work with older or pervious

internet explorer. Software that is requiring or only working with IE 9 and now we have to downgrade OS.

Windows 10 review by <span>Helen V.</span>
Helen V.

"A Window into Windows10"

What do you like best?

I love that you can download apps of all sorts from the App Store. There are hundreds of work solutions that are either free or at a low cost that make it worthwhile to try.

What do you dislike?

In some cases the apps are limited, such as a full DVD player app. Windows 10 did away with their Media pack and they have nothing to offer in the way of replacement. We still have some DVDs that we need to be able to play without the use of an external DVD player.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure what the price is by itself. My Windows 10 came with my Microsoft Surface tablet.

My apps are easily accessible on my desktop, but hidden away when I'm not looking for one. The fact that I have access to news, business reports, email, etc. is a time-saving extra.

Windows 10 review by <span>Jezrel Jane H.</span>
Jezrel Jane H.

"Most Awesome Windows OS by far!"

What do you like best?

First, what I like about Windows 10 is that it's freely available especially for those with pre-installed Windows OS. Second, the Start menu that I've been missing a lot since Windows 8 version is now back! It also has some added features and unique improvement from Windows 8's modern UI tile menu. It's also resizable and customizable. I like the super cool new features such as the task views, virtual desktops (like those in Ubuntu/Mac), upgraded user interface, improved user experience, windows side-by-side resizing/snapping, pop-up notifications, faster searching, and new productivity/entertainment apps like Sway, Groove Music, Movies & TV, Alarm Clock together with World Clocks, Maps, and many more! Plus, there's a tablet mode for those with touchscreen displays. The action center improved as well. I love the added "pin code" for the log in screen that makes is easier to type than the long password associated with my Microsoft account.... So many features to explore!

What do you dislike?

One of the most common issues I encountered since upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is the touch screen display being unresponsive after the initial upgrade process. Also, I still noticed another problem since Windows 7 version when it comes to changing the font style in MS Paint. The MS Paint application still gives a "Not Responding" error just for a few seconds. Another one I dislike is the unavailability of Cortana, the new intelligent assistant like Siri, in the Philippines. :( I also dislike the one plain color of the start menu tiles (they can't be modifed one by one). I dislike some of the pre-installed Xbox game apps that only consumes space in my storage. FYI Not all Windows users are gamers...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously, you should upgrade to Windows 10 if you want to experience the all-new Windows OS! The upgrade process is surprisingly painless... Don't be "left behind." ;)

Multi-tasking is one of the things I do each day. I must say, Windows 10 got better functionalities than the previous OS versions. It's nice to have the Task View options and Virtual desktops, which I've been longing to have since Windows 7. Thankfully, it's now available in Windows 10!

Windows 10 review by <span>Christopher M.</span>
Christopher M.

"Windows 10 is what Windows 8 was supposed to be"

What do you like best?

I like how they combined the flexibility of the start menu from windows 8 with the traditional Windows 7 and before start menu. It offers the customization we want without the complete UI refactor that causes confusion. I never used the start button in Windows 8, in 10 I use it all the time again.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would give me the option to login with my MS account without syncing my hotmail email since I don't really use that email account anyways. It prompts me with notifications that I don't really care about. I can probably disable this, just haven't looked into how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free upgrade by using Windows update from a Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC.

Windows systems are generally less expensive than Apple yet offer the power and flexibility I need to do anything I need to.

Windows 10 review by <span>Grace K.</span>
Grace K.

"Simple to use and better for beginners. "

What do you like best?

For starters, I prefer the simple appearance of Windows 10 vs. previous systems, particularly 8, because everything is condensed into a more appealing and user friendly space. Windows 8 was less accessible to new users and there was a longer period of adjustment. After downloading Windows 10, the transition period was much shorter and more smooth. In addition to the appearance, the process of downloading and installing software/applications has become a much more efficient process. The required permissions are a nice step in keeping my computer safe, and the download locations are more clear than in previous versions of Windows.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be a few quirks with the downloading process. On several occasions the system is "downloading" a program when none have actually been queued. This prevents me from downloading other programs until it stops trying to download the phantom program. When I try to locate the downloading program, it is difficult to reveal. I have been able to manually interrupt this, but it is a lengthy process that sometimes requires a fair amount of research, which could be difficult for novices. Additionally, the system sometimes seems too condensed, making it hard to locate a particular program or file when searching. It would be nice for the desktop to have a few more default icons for things that you regularly need to access, such as the printer or "My Computer". I'm aware that they can be added, however it seems like something that would be smart to default to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! If you weren't thrilled with Windows 8, then Windows 10 is for you.

The compatibility with my University is nice; we use Outlook and Box, and Windows 10 matches up nicely with these programs making the sharing of documents much more convenient.

Windows 10 review by <span>Mihai G.</span>
Mihai G.

"This is the future, we all expected for some time now"

What do you like best?

Start from beginning i was delighted when Windows offered to upgrade for free. Then I have to say that the new look and the new interface is making me to come back from other interfaces towards windows again. Now users have total control over how they want their systems to update. Either have your system scan for updates automatically and install them right away or you can manually look for updates. You will be able to see an improved security and an improved management (i would say of everything). Another cool feature is that Windows store apps can now be run in windows. It also let you open multiple desktops, and this is another cool feature. I also like that i didn't have to reinstall all of my softwares or in some cases drivers after upgrade. One clean job i would say. Although a new patch is waiting for upgrade I will wait a little bit longer before performing that.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the fact that after upgrade you will have to re-make some setups to your upgrade, or maybe reconfigure firewall setups that are not remember from previous system setup. This is a little bit disturbing and before i figure it out it took me some time in which I was not able to understand when and why I was able to find my computer being restarted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have't upgraded and you are still looking for reasons not to upgrade stop and think twice. Newer is better and it will always be like that, even if there will be some hiccups, there will always be fixes, and this is not even the case in here.

Every day home and work use, my family also use it and everyone has already made the upgrade to windows 10. I can say it the operating system that i use most of the times.

Windows 10 review by <span>Lauren R.</span>
Lauren R.

"It works for the most part, but has some bugs "

What do you like best?

The start menu is way better than before. I also really like the virtual desktop and task view. I have a lot of windows up at once so this helps keep things sorted. Cortona is also a really helpful thing to use to stay organized. I enjoy the snap feature as well.

What do you dislike?

It seems like theres a lot of bugs. My start menu has disappeared a few times. Chrome also sometimes wont start. While Cortana is helpful, it also sometimes can be frustrating. It doesn't always work properly and you cant ask follow up questions when searching for something. When using the search in the bottom it loads news first and takes a minute.

I use it on my business computer. I am still learning new tricks and will continue to try to use Cortana. I think that itll eventually improve and theyll get the bugs out. I am an IT Recruiting consultant so I'm doing a lot of scheduling and need something to stay organized.

Windows 10 review by <span>亚东 .</span>
亚东 .

"No reason not to upgrade"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 improved idea is very clear, it can be a good experience to touch and desktop integration of the current situation.

The biggest improvement is the Start menu, saying that Windows 8 Start screen to now, I have not adapted, while 10 of the Windows Start menu but can not say comfortable, although the change is actually very small, but in short, makes me very comfortable.

More user-friendly task-bar and desktop. New functions and tasks view are somewhat similar with Mac OS X, but differ in layout, use the Task View feature allows different types of programs on different desktops, simply switch desktops without having to re-arrange the program's window, greatly improve work efficiency. Operation is very simple, Windows and hold the key on the keyboard, click on the "Tab", you can see all the current preview window is already open, and at the bottom of the desktop display different ways. Tasks view is a very useful new features, greatly improves the user experience for entertainment and office.

In Windows 10, Microsoft bold let veteran IE browser back seat in favor of the new Edge-enabled browser, once the initial development is named Spartan browser, a launch would attract the attention of many users. Edge browser uses a minimalist design elements, the overall style and Win10 close.

Providing more support for tablet is another major change brought Win10. In tablet mode, the new system settings interface icons becomes clearer.

What do you dislike?

A new version of Windows Store store glamorous, which applications are also undeniably a few more, but compared with Apple's iTunes App Store and Google Play Store Google it is still like a "ghost town." This is not so much substantive flaws, as it is the progress of the problem - although everyone thinks Microsoft will introduce now more big applications. We are very fortunate to be able to see the "candy crush Legend", but for some people - especially those who only ever use the desktop mode, this is not a problem, because the conventional win32 software can always be used. But as a "trusted (Trusted)" Windows application repository, it needs to become more credible. Microsoft's "universal application" impossible utopia built overnight, now, for the time being we can only accept Microsoft comes with these applications, but is regrettable that they are not good to use.

Wi-Fi Sense is one of Microsoft for the sake of convenience and those enabled by default privacy options even more worrisome. We will not go into details of the contents of said before - anyway, this feature is enabled by default is a strange thing. Given its officially released before Windows 10 has already been criticized, Microsoft refused to change a no good features inevitably disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Could have a try to upgrade to Win10 even if there are some little flaws. Strongly recommend upgrade on Notebooks with touch function.

Tried Win10 for interesting.

Windows 10 review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"I use it every day."

What do you like best?

I don't find it particularly hard to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the dual systems for things like settings and control panel. I also don't think the apps are very useful or practical compared to the regular software. I initially loved compatibility with my Windows phone, but the app market dried up for Windows phone and it became obsolete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have a touchscreen laptop, but I almost never use the tablet feature of my computer. I find the menu for it confusing. However, for regular use (otherwise with the touchscreen), I enjoy compatibility with all the programs I need (Word, Adobe, Photoshop/Lightroom, Skype, Dropbox), and the system is very stable.

I use it for day to day computer work. I would be able to do the same with pretty much any other operating system, but I grew up on PCs and feel comfortable with Windows, and don't have the time to figure out Ubuntu.

Windows 10 review by <span>James K.</span>
James K.

"Windows 10 the actual improvement from XP"

What do you like best?

It took forever but they finally created a system that will replace XP. The last ones were not improvements but 10 is wonderful. I wish they came up with this before Millennium and Vista and 7 and 8, although 8 wasn't bad it wasn't better than XP and 10 finally fixes that issue

What do you dislike?

I still wish they'd create an OS that starts up quicker. 10 is so much faster than predecessors but still not as quick as Apple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't done it yet, do it. You can even add it onto older laptops & desktops and they work much better than on 7 or 8 to say nothing of disasters like Vista

The benefits are ease of use and finding what you need and want, plus having cortana is a nice addition. Bascially they took XP and improved it.

Windows 10 review by <span>Rajat S.</span>
Rajat S.

"Better Interface"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 is faster in terms of booting as compared to other Windows operating system.

UI is better and more clean.

It does not hangs when i open multiple application on it.

Better security feature.

It also provide better interface when doing a multi screen, earlier i was not able to see tool bar in my secondary screen but in Windows 10 I can see tool bar in secondary screen as well.

What do you dislike?

I have been a user to windows 10 only for a month and so far I have not figured out any problem about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Windows 10 as it has enhanced user interface and much faster, stable and efficient as compared to previous versions of windows operating system.

I develop and maintain software for my organization and this operation system is compatible with all the tools I use for my development.

It provides more security for enterprise usage.

It provides more stability to individual machine, hence higher productivity at enterprise level.

Windows 10 review by <span>Nick T.</span>
Nick T.

"A Step Up from Win 8. Connectivity issues are really annoyign"

What do you like best?

The UX is just dramatically improved. The weird Metroness of Windows 8, 8.1, etc is gone, desktop search with Cortana support along with the return of familiar tropes like the Start Bar...and you have a very nicely upgraded experience.

Of course the fact that, now, and for a good bit longer, upgrading to Windows 10 is free is awesome. I used Windows 8 for years, and being able to upgrade my experience costlessly and with a minimum of fuss (the process of moving to Win 10 was almost totally painless), is a great thing.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely still bugs. The biggest, most annoying one I've encountered is issues with internet connectivity via WiFi.

It's very odd, but every so often won't load and the internet seems like hiccups. It took a couple of times before I realized that if I clicked on the wifi signal and then selected me router, instantly the webpage having an issue

This happens maybe a dozen times a day, and is most annoying if Chrome is your preferred browser. I deal with it, but 5 second micropauses to your connectivity all the time are really annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have important WebEx presentations, a Webinar, or anything of that sort....wire your connection. Wifi Connectivity is a bit buggy, and intermittently so...so you never know when it might get a little wonky.

Better UX and streamlined UI (aka scrapping that Metro nonsense, for the most part) make me work just a little bit quicker, with a touch less headache than Win 8,

Windows 10 review by <span>Paul T.</span>
Paul T.

"The modern operating system"

What do you like best?

When Microsoft offered to download the new Windows operating system, it was easy to get my attention after the trailer for a new, improved, and more modern Windows version. The new Start menu is more appealing, the Edge browser - which has an astonishing difference in speed from the dead IE, the apps and Cortana possibly make Windows 10 the best Windows yet.

What do you dislike?

Downloading the new Windows operating system on an older laptop might be the most nerve-racking experience I have had with Windows 10. The fact that not all older computers are capable of supporting the system is risky; however, I'm sure that Windows 10 works fluently on brand new computers.

The current Windows operating system allows for easy and fast-paced work in a business environment. Microsoft Office work just as well as the previous version and the brand new browser can access all websites.

Windows 10 review by <span>Stefan B.</span>
Stefan B.

"Windows 10 is finally a Windows release I like working with"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, more homogeneous user experience. They got rid of many of the annoyances of Windows 8 and still were able to have an OS that looks modern, boots fast and is overall quite compatible with my software.

Having it as a free upgrade was a fine gesture... but (see dislike) your system needs to support it.

What do you dislike?

It was launched as a free upgrade, but on all systems I tried, I had problems: My Bootcamp partition was used through Parallels and had an incompatible virtual display adapter. After upgrading to Parallels 11, the GetX application refused to re-test the system and kept complaining. On the PC of my wife, the nVidia Quadro 1400 (older card) was deemed unusable so the system refused. On the Bootcamp partition of my iMac, the Radeon GPU was deemed not-compatible.

So on every system I tried, the GPU gave problems and I could not launch the upgrade.

Some bits are still the old and unfriendly, small, unstretchable dialogs (Environment Variables).

hiDPI support is still hit-and-miss: I use it on a Retina Macbook Pro and the combination of resolution, display scaling, font sizes and a mixture of applications makes it really sad: either on native high resolution with very, very small toolbars in many applications or using a more usable FullHD resolution, but seriously pixelated. The settings are controlled in different places, some things are active immediately, for other aspects you need to log out...

The whole systems freezes for half a minute from time to time, for (to me) no particular reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is compatible with your hardware, I'd recommend it. It feels overall more smooth and faster than previous versions, which is a huge accomplishment from Microsoft.

As an OSX user, I need Windows for a few programs (AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino + Grasshopper) and overall compatibility with other Windows users. Windows 10 is a decent version with overall very good performance.

Windows 10 review by <span>Alec B.</span>
Alec B.

"The best of Windows 7 and 8 together "

What do you like best?

Windows 10 offers a wide selection of features. It brings back the elegant and long missed Start menu from windows 7 and earlier while mixing in the tiles from windows 8. If you liked the start screen, you can switch some settings and get that back as well.

It loads faster than ever and allows for easy system management and for someone that types in Chinese for several classes, an easier way to switch languages. Simply presenting the Windows key and space and I can seamlessly switch between English and Simplified Mandarin Chinese.

Cortrana is another nice feature, though more gimmicky than useful, I have found the voice commands to be fun. However, it does allow for me to track my packages I have ordered and set reminders. Among other features, it brings some nice useful features for day to day use.

Personally, I love the design Windows 10 took. The black and simplistic design is elegant yet bold.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft has put a bunch of spyware among other things to track user movement, likes, and overall your identity. I am not huge fan of it and as such got a script to shut down these functions of windows 10. The only way to turn it off through windows itself is to have the professional version, which most do not as they got the free upgrade. The fact I can do this is why I did not rate windows 10 lower.

Along with windows 10 sadly is a great deal of compatibility issues. Some programs just won't run right on Microsoft's new OS. Windows 10 sometimes even uninstalls or disables ones it deems to be incompatible which is another flaw I see in this new OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the script to turn off all parts of windows 10 that tries to take information off your system.

It's efficiency and ease allows me to work quickly and use more of my storage space, RAM and CPU power to running my code and/or rendering whatever I may be working on.

Windows 10 review by <span>Ben B.</span>
Ben B.

"One of Microsoft's better Operating Systems"

What do you like best?

I use both Macs and PCs. For my smartphones I've run both iOS and Android. Of all these operating systems, I still prefer Windows. Don't get me wrong, Apple does some excellent things with it's hardware and does a good job keeping their operating systems simple, but the simplicity leaves a lot to be desired for myself. A lot of the features now on iOS are ones I've enjoyed on my Android phones for a long time. Likewise, Microsoft has bundled a lot of features in Windows that Apple then bundles later in their operating systems. Hence, I prefer Windows over OSX.

For this specific version of Windows (Windows 10), it is one of their better iterations. I've been using Windows since the first point and click interface - back when it was called Windows 3.1. Microsoft has a history of making their software more bloated and more difficult to use with many new releases. Windows 10 is not like that. It's light, simple, and takes a much needed step back from the Metro interface that was hard to use on a traditional PC. I'm glad I did the free upgrade!

What do you dislike?

I'm on a PC that I home built with my own components. When I upgraded it didn't successfully set up my sound card on my computer so I didn't have sound until I re-installed the sound card driver. That was annoying. It also messed with my Google Drive sync so I had to set that up again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It's free, and I believe it's setup so you can always step back to Windows 7 or 8 if you'd like to.

The installation was painless, and it's been nice to have the split screen feature and the multiple workspaces features. Those have both increased my productivity.

Windows 10 review by <span>Mohit S.</span>
Mohit S.

"Slower than Windows 7, but with more features and sleeker UI"

What do you like best?

The box UI is the best one's among the OSes out there. The apps that can be installed on this OS is great. It also works great as Windows Phone OS.

What do you dislike?

The speed can get a bit slower, if many applications are running.

Better OS, able to install newer software like SQL Server 2016 that are dependent on this OS.

Windows 10 review by <span>Ana V.</span>
Ana V.

"New look - innovative experiences"

What do you like best?

- the START Button is back

- Cortana is useful to me

- Universal apps are much higher in quality

- free upgrade from windows 8.1 and windows 7

- The right half of the Start menu is a group of tiles, which you can customize

- it's familiar

- after upgrade, my data was there

What do you dislike?

- as a developer I don't know if a can use all Universal apps.

- there are apps installed on widows 8.1 that are not compatible with windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows is not a simple Operating System, is as a platform for all. I have a nice experience with it. I recomend to check the compatibility of the device before the upgrade.

Cortana help me to get things done. It's very useful for me. With the power of Continuum for phones I use it like a PC for read reports.

Windows 10 review by <span>Vincent R.</span>
Vincent R.

"Windows is continuously evolving in a great way "

What do you like best?

I like that they went back to the windows 7 layout and style. As someone who absolutely hated Windows 8, I'm glad they decided to go back to their former layout. With new features, easy customization, and improved speed and functionality with familiar settings Windows 10 is an excellent overall product.

What do you dislike?

They tried to optimize the search features using Cortana and better keyword recognition and they also did a great job organizing settings in a visual, easy to follow way. However, some things still get lost or require more digging to actually find. I understand that not everyone needs easy access to advanced control panel options or other functions but it would be nice if those features were as easy to access as others, for those who are interested or frequent these places more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm a PC guy, and I can say that Windows 10 is definitely their best installment yet. Give it a try! Especially if you hate Windows 8 ;)

With one of the only Windows machines in the office, I am able to use Windows 10 for things that others cannot do. Some Windows-only programs for example must be installed and used on my computer. Since Windows 10 is very customization and easy to navigate, I can have the functionality I need for the business with the personal touch I need for myself.

Windows 10 review by User

"IT Project Managet"

What do you like best?

The start panel

The search capability

The settings feature

Action center and the desktop notifications

What do you dislike?

It's taking little more time to load than previous versions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Multiple desktops feature is awesome

Comes with the integrated MS Office Software