Windows 10

Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use, with lots of similarities to Windows 7 including the Start menu. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have.

Work for Windows 10?

Learning about Windows 10?

Windows 10 Reviews

Showing 331 Windows 10 reviews
Windows 10 review by Sapan A.
Sapan A.

"Windows 10 Review"

What do you like best?

1) Amazing Graphical User Interface

2) New Windows 10 has been the best os among the windows series with so fast interfacing.

3) The Cortana is just very responsive and good.

4) All software support.

5) Upgraded Security features.

6) Amazing and cool Xbox apps.

7) Easy to use.

8) Windows 10 can be used on desktops, hybrid pcs and tablets and even mobile phones.

What do you dislike?

1) Ros support for developers. Though launched recently it will still have many issues to resolve.

2) Quite heavy for development purpose. OS like Raspbian and Ubuntu are preferable.

3) Linux is free of cost.

4) Mac OS has great free softwares.

5) Apps support isnt so well compared to iOS or Android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommended.

I use windows for professional reasons. Mostly for making presentations, editing photos, videos, watching movies and even reading academic papers. I also use it for CAD modelling in Solidworks. I also use it for software development purpose. The ROS support now makes Windows even more powerful than ever before. Various apps interface makes work so easy to go .

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows 10
Windows 10 review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Windows 10 - Better than 8, but far from 7."

What do you like best?

I like that Microsoft decided to bring back the "start menu" even if it looks alot different. Windows 10 is fairly stable at this point. I like the Quick Assist function that they added - this is a great remote support tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Microsoft has chosen to MOVE every known setting to an inconspicuous place. I do NOT like the "panels" for settings. I don't like having to open those metro windows just to see printer properties...I do NOT like having to choose a default browser over Edge CONSTANTLY. - They even put in an extra popup window to prevent you from changing default browsers easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like 7, stick with 7. If you have 8 or 8.1 - do yourself a favor and upgrade.

General workstation usage. The OS runs Microsoft Office which powers businesses everywhere. I use SMB shares off of a Windows Server 2016 box. I wish collaboration was a little better with the desktop apps.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Windows 10 review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"The absolute best OS at the moment and Microsoft's finest."

What do you like best?

I understand the reticence. Microsft tends to release a very good OS followed by an atrocious one, but if you follow the pattern we were due for a very good and MIcrosoft delivered.

Following the spectacular failure that was Windows 8, Windows 10 is fantastic and easily the best OS I've ever used.

Improving over the already great Windows 7, Windows 10 is beautiful, has a gret ui, brings back the start menu and the classic windows functionality, but with a more modern look.

It's stable, has been crash free in my experience for years (and that's for a power user), it's very intuitive, has the absolute best driver and device support out of any OS I've ever tried, with mostly every product just working plug and play.

The security suit is the best it's ever been, completely eliminating my need for an external resource heavy AV software, resource management is spectacular for a product of his features (I'm currently using a 10 year old PC with DDR2 and it runs superb).

It's very efficient, safe, intuitive, vastly available, compatible with mostly every software available, and looks better than any of its predecessors.

It comes with a robust set of basic programs but it allows you to replace them by alternatives of your choice (and integrate those fully)

What do you dislike?

Price could be lower, the included web browser is a very inferior option.

It's not easy to disable unneeded features.

The "Windows store" even years later is still a failure, and inferior to just downloading standalone versions of those programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just upgrade, no questions asked, absolute best OS available today.

Everything I do on a PC is done running a Windows 10 OS, it is essential for my every day computer and any and all tasks that I do on a PC.

Windows 10 review by Hakan Y.
Hakan Y.

"It is not the best but better then other windows "

What do you like best?

Windows 10 takes a lot of sharp criticism in the past, but after some updates it is going better and better. It has Directx 12 support for games, and it is more stable window for gaming experience. You can create desktop1 desktop2 for different purposes. Also, file transfer is good, you can pause and an-pause it. It is the best alternative if you playing video games and i recommend it but, make sure you are up to date you windows.

What do you dislike?

Windows 10 gives blue screen sometimes and it may give weird errors and restart your computer, that is so annoying. It has some bugs that never solved. In my opinion it is the most unstable windows ever created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 released with a lot bugs. They should fix them before release product.

I am using it everyday in my work and also in my home, it has good and easy interface when it works with no error. It has detailed control manager to manage your needs.

Windows 10 review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"Operating system with very friendly interfaces and good design"

What do you like best?

In my Windows 10 it consumes less resources than its predecessors, which makes working with it more fluid than in previous occasions and significantly improves its performance. They say that it works especially well on old laptops and notebooks and low-tech hardware specifications.

Operating system with very friendly interfaces and bun design.

You have a new notification center you can see past notifications that you did not see on time.

Another advantage of Windows 10 is that you now have the possibility to create virtual desktops and use them at your convenience. that is, you can create / configure 2 desktops, and change from one to another to taste. For example, you can create a desk for work things, and another for leisure themes.

What do you dislike?

Presents mandatory updates Have you ever wanted to update something because you like the application as it is ?. This is because in this new version the automatic updates will be obligatory..

Compatible applications: As usual, not all applications will be compatible with the new Microsoft operating system, so you should wait a little longer for them to be compatible with windows 10

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 we can recommend it for your company for greater security and existing vulnerabilities in the previous windows

This version of Windows is implemented with new security measures. It helped us cover a gap of security and vulnerability that we had with the machines of the company.

Windows 10 review by Parker G.
Parker G.

"Better Than the Old Windows "

What do you like best?

It's a definite improvement off of the old Windows operating systems. It's much more user friendly and easy to use than the older Windows, which felt like they were stuck in the 20th century. I definitely feel like they've taken a cue from Apple OS, you can very clearly see the influence on it from them. It has a very minimalist and contemporary design, with clean, easy to read and notice buttons and icons for everything.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how bland it can be at times. It's difficult to find the system controls on it, and it can some times be hard to read because the fonts are so small. Apple OS always makes everything easily reachable, viewable, and understandable. Windows has always been kind of the ugly cousin that can't get their act together, and never knows quite how to organize anything so that you can actually find it. The only way to find things sometimes is through the search bar, which ends up coming very in handy as a result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Windows 10 is a great tool to use in a work environment. It's practically ubiquitous, and easy to get just about anything you need to do done on it.

I use windows 10 at work for pretty much everything, since it is the operating system that the computers we utilize have. It's been helpful for the most part, and it's pretty easy to get the tasks needed to be completed, done. It's usually relatively easy to find the icons and buttons for all the different applications and services.

Windows 10 review by Jenny J.
Jenny J.

"Windows 10--More like the pins we're use to"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 reminds you of your iphone, pinterest and any other box like format to display and format information. The new design is cleaner, simpler and easier to navigate. The look and feel are great for a novice computer user or experienced one as well. The welcome/start menu is easy to design for yourself, cortana with its voice activation is super and I love the task view--you can pull two documents side by side and work away even on a small laptop screen.

What do you dislike?

While I like the desktop prompts that are available they can be annoying and for some the menu and square box style may not resonate as well. Fortunately, you can go back to the old style layout as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this on a traditional laptop and a touch screen laptop and LOVE it on both it. It's a great product to meet your needs

Windows 10 makes managing all my software needs easier and more efficiently.

Windows 10 review by Wadie A.
Wadie A.

"I don't like it even it's better on design"

What do you like best?

Yes it gives better user experience. Design is awesome . Cortana is very usefull.

What do you dislike?

First of all windows 10 is not stable. i get blue stop screen very offen . when i start my PC , sometimes, it can't read sound cards ( erreur reading memory?!!). Too many software are enable to reach it high resolution and stop doing there their job ! Even some of them can't be installed . Skype, one of the most software i need on my work, become unusable! when i was on windows 7 for 3 years it was perfect!

There is a tons of updates every day and even if you turn it off it still download things !

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have finish a stable version before you begin selling

I am a wedb developer so i use it every day on my work. When i will be more efficient i will buy a mac and all this pain will go! Benifits are a lot , i am paid for coding and without windows i can't !

Windows 10 review by Allison T.
Allison T.

"I really miss Windows 7"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of new features with Windows 10, if you are someone who likes new features. A lot of the core functionality of all of the past versions of windows are still there, they just added more visual twists to it to make it more appealing to a younger crowd.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the main menu and how they tried to make it look like a tablet interface. I It's hard to find some of the programs I have installed, but at least there is a search. It tries to hard to integrate new things that no one even uses, like using the microphone to search in the search bar and other things like that. It's hard to find settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FInd a way to switch from tablet view to normal.

Our whole company uses WIndows so we needed to update eventually. We have a lot of web based products so we have to make sure that WIndows in this version works with all of the products that we offer to our customers.

Windows 10 review by Vamsee R.
Vamsee R.

"Simple and Fast"

What do you like best?

Coming from Windows 7, I can say that this is a very good improvement over previous versions. Does not interfere too much with your actions with too many popups. Microsoft has upped its bar this time.

What do you dislike?

Though there is not much to complain, some of the settings are not easy to find. They have grouped together all the settings and I have to google everytime when I have to find how to change a particular setting. Takes some time to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. Very short learning curve. Non intrusive. The new internet explorer provided with the operating system is very good. Very sleek and fast. Things to note are, a person coming from Windows xp, 7, might find it different as some of the settings are completely in a different location.

Since we started using Windows 10, our turnaround time is faster as the OS itself is sleek and fast. As a result, more work can be done in the same time.

Windows 10 review by Robinson Alejandro S.
Robinson Alejandro S.

"Integrated operating system, safe and easy to use."

What do you like best?

I confess that I had some fear of installing Windows 10, however it was recommended to improve some tools and applications of a Linux operating system computers that installed Windows 7 did not work as expected. When we install it, we fulfill the objective but we also have a very nice and friendly interface, good security options and a unified, light and integrated operating system. Good program

What do you dislike?

The operating system seems excellent and has various functions that simplify our lives, however, after the time of free use, a high amount must be paid. In any case, you have to analyze the cost-effectiveness ratio and I think it's worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Windows 10 you will have an easy-to-use operating system, with a good interface, as well as many security-level options. It is a unified operating system with data integration in the cloud.

For a company this operating system is fundamental for several reasons: Good security and encryption options, biometric passwords, the possibility of customizing different desktops, unified system and integrated data service.

Windows 10 review by Donald S.
Donald S.

"Love Windows 10 and the direction"

What do you like best?

What i love the best about t\Windows 10 is the fact that they have decided to stray from releasing a next version time after time and have been making 10 better with updates. The customization over other OS's really put Windows 10 aside from the others.

What do you dislike?

Windows 10 can be buggy at times with older software ever when using compatibility modes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate all aspects before launching with you users and be sure of all potential faults or glitches that could arise.

Windows 10 give the ability of great work station sharing. When everyone is using the same platform it also makes sharing of documents and files much easier. On a IT Admin side it gives great ability of updates and regular maintenance.

Windows 10 review by Сергей .
Сергей .

"Most well known platform."

What do you like best?

What can be noted in this version of the Windows system is simplification and acceleration. If we talk about acceleration, it's great that now the system contains a lot for work and after installation it practically does not require tuning. It contains most of the drivers, which reduces the funds for starting the workplace, as well as various utilities which by tradition I have always added in previous versions. These include the archiver Zip and the tool for Mount virtual disks. A better security system, in particular an anti-virus system and a garter to the account. Another significant plus in the speed of the program. It's hard to judge but in my opinion on my old laptop Win 10 works much faster than XP or Vista. For me as designer much more like the simplified design of the shell. It is more compact and looks more stylish. In general, Windows 10 makes work much easier and makes you happy with innovations and improvements.

What do you dislike?

I would add or remove a lot of things. For me, always very important function in Windows was its customization, which allocated it from other products very much. Unfortunately in this version, you can configure the program on a smaller scale. For example, Interface design can be customized but within certain limits. I would be glad to see the taskbar not black. If I say that I would remove it, I can remember the start menu. I have to delete win pins with products that do not interest me. Another inconvenience is this rather confusing settings menu and the same it is not always logical. For example, in the device section a speaker is drawn, but there are no sound settings, as it turned out in the taskbar. I would have made a small map of the settings menu where you can immediately see all the sections, main and secondary. The same problem with the menu "all apps", when installing a new program it can be difficult to find it in the menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Windows 10. You will keep going up-to-date.

Windows 10 helped me in the design. This platform has simplified my work and made it more comfortable and stylish.

Windows 10 review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Windows 10 is a familiar operating system that most people can be comfortable using"

What do you like best?

One of the main reasons I like Windows 10 is that I can have access to more software titles than other operating systems like macOS or Linux. It has a very familiar layout that most people are used to, so if you have people that need to come in and use a Windows 10 computer, there is less likely to be much training needed for that. I like that Windows 10 has a built-in store where I can do a quick search and find software that can be installed immediately.

What do you dislike?

There are some lag issues that pop up from time to time. For the search field in Windows Explorer, I'll sometimes type something I know is in a certain folder, but no search results will pop up. Sometimes I'll click on the search bar near the start button and it will take way too long to load. I feel like Microsoft probably felt the need to design certain things differently just for the sake of being different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Windows 10 to anyone what wants access to the most software. If you want to save some money, you can maybe give Ubuntu a try and see how that works. It can generally do most of what Windows 10 can do, in terms of managing files on your computer, but having access to more software might be an issue.

I'm able to have an operating system that can load a wide variety of software. Windows 10 is a very familiar environment, so it doesn't take a lot of getting used to for most people. Almost everyone that works with Windows 10 is familiar enough with it to be able to manage on their own right away. Even though it's such a simple application, the Windows Notepad is something I use often to take notes.

Windows 10 review by Deborah V.
Deborah V.

"Windows has the market share, so sometimes it's the only choice"

What do you like best?

Software applications that won't run on Linux, run on Windows.

To be fair, I'm a huge fan of Linux. (Try Ubuntu). I only use Windows when I have to.

That being said, Linux is a little hard to learn, and it's not for everyone.

What do you dislike?

Updates have a very poor UX. They always seem to happen at inconvenient times. I have even scheduled them at 3am, only to sit down to work in the morning to a button that says "Click here to start your update".

Security. Windows is not very secure. Don't store any sensitive information on a Windows box.

Anti-Virus software, that I can never quite figure out how to uninstall or disable, and it sometimes prevents me from doing things I need to do.

Bloatware. I can run Linux on really old computers, and not notice performance problems. If you tried to run Windows on an 8 year old laptop, if it's even possible, it would be super slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn Linux, lol. Just kidding. Linux is not for everyone.

It's a fine OS for most people.

Just be careful, and don't store any passwords or other sensitive information on it, and don't open any attachments on emails from unknown sources.

And find someone who understands the way they do the updates, and get your update settings set right, to make them run at convenient times.

Most software applications run on Windows. Linux is my OS of choice, but I have to keep a Windows box to run the software that won't run on Linux.

Windows 10 review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"The benefits of using Windows 10"

What do you like best?

This software is easy to use and can easily adjust for the new features since I am upgrading from windows 7. The features are nicer than the previous types of windows and the new features are relevant and the interface is simple but good.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about this software is the updates are forced that means when you need to do something in your PC you need to stop it and do the updates first or when you're about to shut down your PC or laptop and the update word was replacing the shutdown the button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone especially on users whose using windows as their operating system to upgrade to win 10, its not that hard to adjust in using the features.

It meets my needs which have the voice activated assistant software cortana which can respond to any of my commands in web searches or other reminders.

Windows 10 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"use at work and in my house I also install it and help people"

What do you like best?

It starts fast, has free applications of the store easy to install and do not take up much space. I like his graphic style. with everything and its details of some faults I like it.

What do you dislike?

that is still not compatible with many applications, the net framework 3.5 is not installed and there are several applications that use it and nothing, I will damage the Edge with the last update that installs it to windows 10 and now it does not work, and I have not I could fix it even with the indications of Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before installing it, they should check compatibility with the applications and devices they use, as well as the capacity and processor of the equipment. But really installing is very good to see that it fails, but it fixes itself.

that the boot is really fast, turn it on and on. twitter, instagram, mail, once logged in, instantly informs you when information arrives or they send you a message. It keeps you informed without having to open the application every time to review it.

Windows 10 review by Md Azmain A.
Md Azmain A.

"A huge improvement over Windows 8"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility Windows gives me. I can tinker with almost all of the settings to my own liking and make my laptop my own. I don't get annoying security pop ups every now and then saying that I cannot change this or that. Moreover, Windows have done a great job of improving performance compared to Windows 8. I like the multiple desktop feature.

What do you dislike?

The initial performance starts to deteoriate after heavy use. I feel my laptop becomes clunky after a year or so and I need to refresh/reinstall Windows to clean up the system. The security is also lacking and needs to be improved.

I use Win 10 for my personal computer and also in office because we develope ASP.NET products.

Windows 10 review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Windows 10 Works"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It hasn't had any issues with crashing and it's easy to find what I'm looking for with the search tool.

What do you dislike?

It took time to adjust and learn my way around. Some of the updates to the OS made things a little difficult at first. I've been a Windows/PC user most of my life and it was still a little tricky at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to play around with the UI. Figure out where things are now located and use the search tool to find what you're looking for.

There aren't a lot of issues with the previous versions of 10. The updates are nice and the UI is decent but, I'm not sure I've noticed any additional benefits in my day to day business.

Windows 10 review by Simone M.
Simone M.

"Your best friend interface"

What do you like best?

Simplified OS, but do not lose features, and accelerated, use less resources and is more performing. After installation, it practically does not require customization and included commonly used products such as the ZIP archiver.

Very friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

It is not very stable, often some software freezes, files remain in use even when they are not, etc.

The updates are too frequent and too large.

The view for applications is intrusive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 is the must OS in a work environment. Simple to fix even in case of anomalies.

It remains the easiest OS to use and easily supports most products. There is no competition for daily work activities.

Windows 10 review by Krissy G.
Krissy G.

"Great OS!"

What do you like best?

I like the search feature and ability to search anything like documents, programs, folders, etc. easily from one place. I also like the ability to update background images for dual monitors. I think it is easy to use and very pretty. I like the auto updating of images on the log in screen and over all it is just a solid OS.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it decides when to update you and that there is not much you can do about it. If it is ready for an update it just starts shutting down regardless what you are in the middle of. It would be nice if it gave you an option and unless you responded it did not shut down

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot think of many off the top of my head. Mostly maybe the update feature where it auto shuts down/restarts without giving much warning

We run most of our machines on Windows 10 and we are a software company so it is really just for everyday use on the computer

Windows 10 review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"Likely the cleanest OS windows has had yet. If you don't need legacy windows - go ahead and upgrade."

What do you like best?

Its is very clean and runs well. I have it on multiple computers professional and personally. And it runs well on everything. Of course my power house machine runs it best, but that's to be expected. Microsoft is doing a good job of keeping it updated ahead of the curve. It's nice to have the "start" button back and the info window in the bottom right works well.

What do you dislike?

Not the biggest fan of DropBox - it's not bad, but doesn't integrate into everything (like say, Google Drive). It can be hard to disable and impossible to uninstall. There are a couple of things like this that I wish I could remove because they aren't for that computer's need. Still seems to be windows in how much bloat happens over time in the registry etc. A good cleaner (like CCleaner) does well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're running a windows machine and don't need legacy (like some production still needs XP!) just bite the bullet and step up. it's really the best current OS.

In updating old OS on computer in order to stay current helps with existing problems / patches. A lot can change since windows 7 (like the church was using) and need newer / better security options and patches. Windows 7 is now at the end of it's life so it will not be patched like it has been and support will start to be unavailable.

Windows 10 review by Jan T.
Jan T.

"Windows 10 - Challenging new concept of patching"

What do you like best?

When Microsoft is announcing new OS release, we always hear how great is just that latest version - and I trust to believe that this time that's true.

Besides all other aspects mentioned so far - for me stability, support ability and robust system are most important things I am asking for.

Microsoft introduces some brand new concepts, like CB, CBB and LTSB, but I am afraid it is too early for conclusion, time will show :-)

New way of patching is giving good sense, but problem can be for users having slow connection - patch downloads are now really huge.

So far I did not see any instability, no BSOD yet - and very few situations when system stopped responding.

New instrumentation to simplify support (PowerShell and other improved tools) has been mentioned by other reviewers - and that's true for sure.

I like that Windows is now very similar on different devices (including handhelds) and tools (like OneDrive) make user flexible "on the road".

What do you dislike?

Although new Windows 10 (an all new and cool features coming along) are definitely beneficial for business users, I am not quite confident that home users, especially our parents and grandparents, as well as users with limited IT skills, would always welcome upgrading to latest versions.

Windows is just Operating System - engine to enable additional applications and tools that user may use and like.

Upgrading to new OS is always big step forward and opens questions in two levels:

(1) Would my existing HW be able to run Windows 10 smoothly? How about CPU, RAM and Disk Capacity? How about drivers for my devices?

(2) What about my lovely applications? Do I need to purchase new versions? And how about my data and possible format changes?

Some home users may not see advantages with that new OS adequate to their final expenses - and additional learning required.

Nevertheless, for enterprise users that looks like the right way ahead, especially when talking about LTSB edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IT teams planning for upgrade to Windows should ask three basic questions:

How about our current hardware?

How about all our applications?

How about our scripting skills?

And as always - test, test and test :-)

Main reason is that older operating systems would reach their EoL - and upgrade is simply a must. Also regular HW replacement is a factor.

For enterprise users it is beneficial that support can be better centralized and done by IT Services, leaving less maintenance tasks on user.

There is also slow, but constant move from desktop computers to mobile users (laptops, tablets) and that is where Windows 10 better supports mobility of the user.

Windows 10 review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Windows 10 is a fairly solid desktop operating system (but have some privacy/security concerns)"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 has a number of improvements over previous versions of MS Windows. The return of the Start menu is a big improvement over Windows 8.0 The ability when the start menu is displayed to start typing the name of what you want to load and Windows automatically displays the items that match what you have typed. Windows 10 also allows the user significant opportunities to customize their desktop environment to meet their needs and aesthetic preferences.

I also like the ability to dock an application on either side of the screen which makes it easy to have two applications running side-by-side.

Windows 10 is a fairly stable operating system. It is not prone to crashes.

I like that Microsoft is planning to add significant, additional features to Windows 10 as part of its normal upgrade/patching processes.

What do you dislike?

With Windows 10, it is much harder to control the installation of patches. As a result, I find that it forces system reboots at times that are inconvenient (such as when I have not saved open files).

As a network technology professional, I have had to look at behind the scenes when a user was complaining about performance. Though unrelated to the issues the user was experiencing, we found that Windows 10 was often communicating with Microsoft servers over the Internet. This would happen when there was no legitimate reason for communications. It caused us to have some privacy/security concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time testing out an evaluation copy of the software. Also read reviews from other users to see what challenges and workarounds they have found.

For our end users, Windows 10 has been a fairly solid operating system. It is mostly intuitive for end users making it easy to use. There are plenty of solid business applications that run well on Windows 10.

Windows 10 review by Shannon B.
Shannon B.

"As far as productivity and collaboration go, I wish we had chromebooks"

What do you like best?

I don't like too much about it, honestly. It doesn't feel like much of a step up from Windows 8, at least not in terms of making personal or work use more productive or intuitive. The aesthetic is better than pre-8 versions of windows, and I like how it is built to be used with a touch interface.

What do you dislike?

It comes preloaded with a ton of unnecessary apps that slow down the computer, which I had to go through and delete at work. I also do not like the way apps are organized in the Start menu. I wish I didn't have to search everytime I wanted to use a program and pin it to my taskbar or cram it onto my desktop to have access to it.

ALSO I updated my ASUS laptop with WIndows 10, and it destroyed it. It won't go past the initial screen with the ASUS logo on it. Apparently, even though I was prompted to update my version of Windows, it wasn't compatible with my hardware. Thanks Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I said, I feel Google offers a better integrated platform for collaboration and file sharing. If I worked in a company that was related to arts and media, I'd recommend Macbooks instead of Windows 10 as well.

Some of the apps for Windows10 are helpful for organizing my tasks, like Wunderlist. But, honestly, I wish we all used chromebooks because I find they are faster, better for file sharing and collaboration with the suite of Google Apps made for the chromebook.

Windows 10 review by Gretchen R.
Gretchen R.

"Windows 10 in an Elementary Classroom"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of Windows 10. I can easily sync accounts, calendars, and web applications, and locate documents. Guidance is easy to use, and the start menu/dock allows me to pin programs I use often without cluttering up the desktop with shortcuts. Multitasking is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Cortana (voice recognition assistant) has a hard time recognizing what I'm saying if there is any background noise. Also sometimes I have to go into task manager to close out background processes that are sometimes slow down processing speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 10 is the best Windows product I have used in years and I would highly recommend it. Make sure to look at the individual computers' RAM to ensure you have enough active memory to multitask and run multiple programs at once.

I no longer keep a physical plan book, as everything is at my fingertips. There are way more educational programs that are compatible with Windows 10 than the Apple OS that we also use.

Windows 10 review by Filip G.
Filip G.

"Major improvement over Windows 8.1"

What do you like best?

Microsoft finally accepted the criticism from the user community and designed Windows 10 having the desktop experience in mind as well unlike its predecessor. The UI has undergone several enhancements, the computer settings are a lot more user friendly and simple to enable regular users to perform basic configuration on the OS. Advanced users and system administrators can still access the more complete settings, but more importantly they have PowerShell 5.0 enabled OS which among the many new features allows the sys admin to script using classes similar to OOP languagues. The new task manager is a welcome addition as well. Most importantly, if Microsoft is to be trusted it should be the last version of Microsoft that will offer free feature upgrades to its users each year free of char, without the need to buy new OS ever 2-3 years.

What do you dislike?

Using Windows 10 in an enterprise can be more challenging now that Microsoft is pushing the CBB and LTSB in parallel as business oriented solution. Having the experience of working in a huge enterprise, delivering CBB upgrades all around the globe is not a simple task. Moreover, the switch to cumulative updates is one of the downsides when it comes to adopting Windows 10 if the organization does not use SCCM. The other client management solutions are not able to deliver the updates in the MS intended way which leads to huge package downloads each month in order to ensure clients are compliant with latest security updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start planning the upgrade immediately as there are going to be a lot of challenges to overcome as with any OS upgrade. The sooner the better.

The main business problem when it comes to the OS is the old ones (Windows 7 and 8.1) going out of support. This means that one is piratically forced to upgrade to the next version even though there is no dependency on business applications being incompatible with the currently used OS. Hopefully, MS will stay true to its promise and deliver only feature upgrades to Windows 10.

Windows 10 review by Ray B.
Ray B.

"Works great as long as you defer upgrades"

What do you like best?

New, modern. Best of Windows 7 and 8.1, basically. It stays familiar but keeps you with the times as far as the Windows OS goes.

Gives you a taste of the Metro interface without forcing it like W8 did, and keeps the desktop feel of W7. Feels modern and clean. It was very easy to dive in and figure things out (as an IT guy). Same/similar foundation as W7, so system administration is easy. The new Task Manager is great too.

If you are familiar with W7 and like what it offers, W10 will give you what you want and more.

What do you dislike?

Third-party is still catching up, so I would not recommend for business-critical stability.

Updates have broken functionality, especially the Anniversary Update which crippled some users.

Separation of "apps" and "normal" system features, like Control Panel... seems redundant, although I do like that you have the option.

Cortana feels like it is redundant, as you can search everything via the Start Menu. Voice activation and control have been spotty for me. Integration with other non-Microsoft apps have been spotty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't upgrade if you have business-critical stuff. Most of our tools are web-based with simple client apps, so I did not see any issues with upgrading.

Do upgrade if you want to experience where the Windows OS is going. In traditional Microsoft fashion, it usually takes a few revisions of something before it becomes solid (e.g. W7 was Vista, W10 is a merge of W7 and W8, any service packs solidify stability with SP2, etc.)

Plenty of solving... we're constantly reacting.

Peer-to-peer updates were a disaster in corporate environments. Local networks would get slammed with the extra traffic and bring EVERYONE in an office to a crawl... not good.

"Forced" upgrades from W7 were not good at all either, especially for users who weren't ready or aren't tech-savvy enough.

And again, third-party software compatibility. Constantly researching things like how to get Cisco VPN to work with W10. I'm very hesitation to recommend upgrading if you want to make sure your stuff will still work.

Windows 10 review by Tomas L.
Tomas L.

"Great user experience"

What do you like best?

Every piece of software I've been previously using is compatible with Win10. Boot time is amazing. Tiles desktop is useful, and overall it's just same familiar windows experience which may have changed since the days of windows xp, but the core is the same. I love the ability to speed up login via PIN, or picture.

What do you dislike?

It's really a shame that I have to fill this field with words, because I don't really see any issues with this operating system whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest using Clover as an explorer extension to make windows explorer run with tabs like Google Chrome.

I'm using it for software development along with node.js, github, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, various other software for software development. In addition to that I am using it for graphical design with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Lightroom. Also I'm using windows 10 for daily browsing with Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Edge, Vivaldi and other browsers. Using it as well for gaming and file managing and storing.

Windows 10 review by Eddie S.
Eddie S.

"More Stable Version of Windows on and off touch screen"

What do you like best?

This is definitely an improvement over previous versions. Navigation and the file browser are fast and work really well. I have also run into far less down time from freezing programs or anything else.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't come with Windows Media Player and when I try to install some things the require the "Media Pack," even after downloading from the Windows Support site, I can't install the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well and is compatible with most systems. I would definitely recommend making sure you can get any media packages you need when setting up the computer, as I've had issues with it since set up has been completed.

I don't know that there was a problem we are solving, outside of "We need computers." Again, the benefit is that we are suing the most up-to-date Windows and it has worked very well.

Windows 10 review by Viacheslav S.
Viacheslav S.

"Worst Windows ever"

What do you like best?

There's hardly a single reason any normal person would like this operation system.

But if I had to name few good points of Windows 10 it would be:

* Free update from Windows 7 and Windows 8

* Free Professional version

* All editions in one disk image (actually in 2: x86 and x64, one for each platform)

* Windows installation have not visually changed since Windows 7 so it's not hard to install this OS

What do you dislike?

The worst thing about Windows 10 is that even most experienced users have to learn most of the features from the very beginning.

* Control panel changed

* Explorer introduced few annoying features

* 3 browsers: IE x86, IE x64, and Edge

* Notification center is good for mobile devices but mostly useless for desktop version

* VPN support is awful - 3 different windows should be used to connect to VPN on Windows 10

* Brightness control doesn't work

* Performance is very low on regular HDD, you need SDD to somehow run this thing

* Windows 7 support ended in 2015 so currently there's no good version for end users

* Relatively new devices lack important drivers, e.g. music doesn't play on 2012 device because audio driver doesn't exist for Windows 10

* And many many more...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do not install Windows 10 if you can chose. Stay on Windows 8 or look for an alternative, e.g. Linux of MacOS

Software development and support, web surfing, business documents preparation.

Windows 10 review by Dana R.
Dana R.

"You're still not Mac, PC. "

What do you like best?

I think now that the initial shock has had more than a year to wear off, it's relatively easy to use. It's definitely intimidating to people who don't use computers very frequently. I'm also still not really sure what the point of apps on a laptop is, but I did like it a lot more when I was using a tablet with this OS, so maybe that's what it is better designed for.

What do you dislike?

I miss Windows 7. They keep trying to get fancier-looking without actually having the quality to back it up. I deal with something glitch-y every day. Recently it has been that whenever I try to log into a new wifi network my mouse pointer disappears, and I have to blindly restart it to fix the problem. It's also weird how adds can sneak their way onto my homescreen now. Leave me alone, Cortana!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It feels weird to recommend for or against it because with most modern PCs, you don't really have a choice unless you're technologically skilled enough to uninstall and reinstall a different OS.

You can't really have a computer without having an operating system. This one is automatically installed on newer computers and will incessantly bug you to update to it if it's not.

Windows 10 review by Sri Divya N.
Sri Divya N.

"some issues"

What do you like best?

The return of the windows button and accessing and searching apps easily using the search is very useful.

The performance is great too.

The Cortana is also very useful at times.

It is very easy to connect my laptop to a TV screen or mirror the screen wirelessly.

What do you dislike?

I upgraded my new laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 and since then my screen flashes sometimes when the laptop is not charging. This did not happen to any of my friends. even after I reinstalled and upgraded it again, it still happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is better to buy a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled than upgrading a windows 8 laptop to windows 10

I needed to install a lot of applications for multiple classes and I needed speed and performance. I could not use my Mac OS to install any of the apps I needed.

Windows 10 is better because all the professional applications available on the market are compatible with windows.

Windows 10 review by User in Gambling & Casinos
User in Gambling & Casinos

"Way Better Than Windows 8"

What do you like best?

I personally like the scalability -it can be used on desktop, laptop and tablets.The amount of built in applications is pretty cool and honestly if there wasn't any additional third party software available it's pretty darn robust enough on its own,

What do you dislike?

I don't like the Settings panel - I'm old school and love the old Control Panel - some of the things that were old hat and burned into your brain have been replaced with different entry points and some of the old stuff is hidden and hard to access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finally time to upgrade from XP and 7

It's the best OS since XP, Windows 7 was a great starting point and 8 Was horrible and this platform has taken the best of their earlier OS's and made a really good one

Windows 10 review by Andy C.
Andy C.

"An easier, intuitive version!"

What do you like best?

I like that the search bar has finally been tweaked and it is incredibly easy to navigate. Also, being able to run multiple application at once increases the efficiency of the operating system. All of our work computers have been upgraded to Windows 10 and we are very happy with the continued updates and support.

What do you dislike?

Although I have very few complaints about windows 10, it still has a long way to go. I have experienced the new MAC IOS platform and find it has many features that are easier to reach, compared with windows 10. The search bar also seems a little too sensitive at times when scrolling the mouse over to the far right portion of the screen.

We are increasing office efficiency and able to all operate on the same, easy system. I prefer the Windows operating system and am very satisfied with the capabilities. A big benefit is being able to have an entire office using one version of Windows Operating system. This makes file sharing and training much easier.

Windows 10 review by Patrick D.
Patrick D.

"I have rolled out Windows 10 when it came out and glad I did it."

What do you like best?

Much more user friendly software. I also find it much more stable as well. I think that Microsoft finally release a real operating software. The only other one before was Windows 7 in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

Still in the early stage. Lots of updates to the software and major ones. On the "Windows 10 Anniversary Update" it did crash a few machines. As well, it made my rolled out Trend Micro unusable which I then needed to re-install.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not wait to upgrade if not already done. This is supposed to be Microsoft last operating system, there will not be a Windows 11, they will only get this one better, which I think is a good idea.

Group Policy in an Active Directory Windows 2012R2 server work much better than it's predecessor with policies applying more easily.

Windows 10 review by Carollei M.
Carollei M.

"Using Windows 10 for work and home"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Windows 10 is that it brings together the style of Windows 8 with the functionality and access of older versions of Windows. The ability to use the mobile-launcher style interface, as well as the classic desktop style of use has been well-done in Windows 10.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most about Windows 10 is the bloatware that comes pre-installed. There's so much junk there that's not necessary, especially for business users. Some of the important file and performance management options are a bit hidden still, making it hard to make granular optimizations or to find things that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization uses Windows computers, I absolutely recommend upgrading to Windows 10. Your work flow will improve, your system will be secure, and you'll be in line for future updates. Windows 10 works similarly to other subscription based applications in that you're constantly getting updates and improvements.

The main problem we've solved with using Windows 10 is security. Before the last year, all of the PCs in our office were running different versions of Windows. Some were extremely old, and had been altered or modified by users or by malware to no longer update automatically. Additionally, we had version control issues because users were using multiple versions of MS Office.

Windows 10 review by Yogesh S.
Yogesh S.

"The better Windows and the best version is yet to arrive"

What do you like best?

Lots of improvements and UI overhaul made this version of Windows more sophisticated and better than previous version. Major changes such as Store, Universal Windows Platform Apps, better Security for both end user and enterprise via a surprising feature of Windows Hello made it the leading OS in the market where it was lacking before.

What do you dislike?

Still, after more than a year of launch, Windows 10 has a lot of rough edges and some of them I faced too, like sometimes the Taskbar stops working and sometimes the Metro Apps give me error and fail to start. Such problems are very annoying when you use such features on daily basis. And, for a gamer, some very old games released before 2005 fail to start which is a disappointment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd surely recommend Windows 10 to every new user and existing user of previous version of Windows because it is, first of all, easy to use and anyone can quickly learn it, then it is very adaptable according to use because it has added personal voice assistant which understands and learns what to do and what not. Moreover, it has lot of new things to try-out for users of previous version of Windows such as improved Settings, the Store and UWP Apps.

I'm using Windows 10 solely to speedup my Design process because Windows 10 is very light-weight and blazing-fast. I occasionally play games on it but the main purpose remains the same, to Design at super-speed. This task can also be done with previous version of Windows but Windows 10 give me more free RAM because it has properly optimized RAM. Along-side it has better comparability with latest software which is a plus point.

Windows 10 review by Jack H.
Jack H.

"Waaaaaaay Better Than Win8"

What do you like best?

They got rid of that goofy start routine. I understand what they were trying to do, (have a tablet experience recreated on the desktop), but it was just too stupid for words. The Start Button came in with Win95, and its use was so instinctual that to get rid of it was just a massive mistake. Glad they brought it back.

What do you dislike?

I hate the auto-load stuff. Skype in particular. I REALLY hate the Windows 8/10-specific apps. The flat UI is ugly as sin, the apps are so simplistic that they are annoying. There is literally ZERO way to find out more about how the apps work inside the apps themselves. I'm thinking specifically of the Control Panel replacement, the Camera, the Video player, and the Music player. Absolutely horrible experiences and I hate them. Fortunately, I am not FORCED to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're using a tablet, don't get too excited about using the native apps. They are horrible. FOrtunately, there are a jillion alternative choices to the native apps.

Well, I've been a windows user since Win95, so they fixed most of the really irritating things about Win8. I use my computer for 10-12 hours a day for my business - coaching and writing. I still like Windows apps better than Mac apps. So I guess the benefit is that I can do my work effectively without having to pay the inflated prices for an Apple product.

Windows 10 review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Windows 10 is the next Windows 7"

What do you like best?

Upgrading from Win 7 didn't cause a lot of problems and was simple and strait forward.

What do you dislike?

Too many version updates too fast. They take a while to install and in a corporate world thats all adds up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like it said its the new Win 7. Windows 8 and 8.1 were not that good but using Windows 10 has a new look and feel with all the tool and access I had form Windows 7.

Free upgrade to the newest OS with better security.

Windows 10 review by Gil B.
Gil B.

"Best Windows yet!"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 is very stable. I rarely have to restart my machine. the user interface is easy to use and full of cool short cuts and tricks.

What do you dislike?

The installation does take up a lot of disc space. This is not a problem on a regular laptop, but can be a problem on a tablet.

I use Windows 10 for everything. Microsoft office is at the core of everything the business does. Windows 10 helps keep this secure.

Windows 10 review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"I'm an Apple Gal but I can get behind Windows 10"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 is somewhat more streamlined than previous roll outs of the software. It is feels ALMOST as intuitive as iOs options.

What do you dislike?

It is still a touch convoluted. There are a lot of moving pieces (like literally... the tiles move around!) and it can be a little tricky to keep track of where everything falls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're use to Apple products, this is not too far off in feels and ease of use. It isn't Apple for sure, but it could be way worse! I mean, 7 and XP look like a big ol messes compared to the upgrade 10 offers!

It is easy to use on a large scale. It is easy to connect with others because so many people are on Windows and PCs over macs.

Windows 10 review by Rachel C.
Rachel C.

"Windows 10 way better than 8"

What do you like best?

I like the tile look, and the use of Cortana on the desktop and laptop. It is easier to maneuver and offers better coordination between programs. I like that Cortana will search both the system and the internet for the item you request.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes to load and updating to 10 from a previous version takes FOREVER!!!! (Like and hour and a half, ridiculously long!) It moves slower on closing programs and finding somethings like control panel requires you to search via Cortana in the computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide if the system you have can handle the upgrade and if you have enough available room for it. Also, plan for it to take a little longer for it to upload each time you turn it on. And realize that everything is going to be better than 8!

We have all upgraded on our work computers, and I have 10 on one of my laptops. I could not upgrade one of my laptops (2 in 1 transformer by Asus) because the new program takes up too much room.

Windows 10 review by Keene M.
Keene M.

"Excellent progression - very solid"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 is such an upgrade to 8.1, and indeed 7 that its hard to quantify the best features. For me, I'm a huge fan of the improved interface (I know its almost identical to 8.1, but we are migrating from Win 7 to 10). The notification bar, I like a lot (same, I know). Virtual desktops are really nice too.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any that I can think of. There's a host of things I am sure - but I tend to only use the features that benefit me, so I am perhaps not finding things I dislike here. The Snipping Tool is still too basic. Some of the Control Panel items are grouped into non-intuitive groups. Also, for some reason, I cannot seem to re-arrange my desktop icons. Thats probably me though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on how large your customer base is, you may need to assemble quite a team to perform a migration / rollout. There are hundreds of new GPO's that need to be addressed, as well as features to take advantage of. You will need appropriate infrastructure in advance for those. Plan carefully.

Enterprise OS, collaboration, technical environment - so many business challenges are addressed by this. We are still in the rollout process, so I cannot specify exactly what benefits our customers are specifically calling out just yet.

Windows 10 review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"windows 10 is a good option"

What do you like best?

I like of Windows 10 the simplicity of the interface, how fast is now when it starts, the Windows store has too many apps can be use as well in pc, tablet, smartphone. I like a lot the new apps or software, like the pdf reader, the scanner, camera, groove music, the weather app, the calendar. I like that in the weather app can have more than a city and can see easily the weather of the day. And like a lot the compatibility with games.

What do you dislike?

I am not completely happy with the issues with Nvidia graphic card. Some problems with the sounds, doesn't recognize automatic change between headphones and speakers. Firts issues with Microsoft Edge, the browser had problem loading pictures and full pages. I don't like either that can't avoid advertising in ME. I do not like that Cortana is not avalaible in my country Colombia. Do not like either that groove music not let me sign either because of my ubication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For some reason people is afraid of the new Windows interface. Just give a try. It is very easy to use and even fun when learn more about it.

The mail app is really useful, I can see if have mails in the Start, not needing open the browser and search for hotmail page.

Windows 10 review by Derick O.
Derick O.

"Windows 10 Review"

What do you like best?

The windows 10 is stable an user friendly. It is a great improvement from Windows 8.

What do you dislike?

Creating a usb bootdisk in case of forgotten administrator password is not as straightforward as Microsoft says

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows is a good and reliable operating system. But one needs to make sure that the system is updated. It is advisable to set updates to be automatic. Windows defender is a good antivirus, but one should invest in antivirus software that gives full protection incuding inernet protection particularly if they use the internet. There are many antivirus products, but my preference is AVG.

I am using it as the desktop operating system. All the other application software I use are installed on it

Windows 10 review by Nora A.
Nora A.

"Windows 10 Review"

What do you like best?

I love the optimization configured into Windows 10. After using Windows 7 and Windows 8, I was very weary of giving Windows 10 a chance. However, Microsoft took feedback from Windows 7 and 8 and drastically improved everything about Windows 10 - from the User Interface to the seamlessness of opening up One Drive.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there is little that I dislike in regards to Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those considering using Windows 10, please understand that this software is much improved from its predecessors. Windows 10 has improved nearly everything - from the User Interface to the load times associated with opening applications. I am very pleased with just how easy the User Interface is to use for beginners, but how much experienced users can do with Windows 10. My mother, who is not well versed with technology, is able to successfully use Windows 10 without many issues. At the same time, I have been using technology for 15-16 years and I am able to do more advanced commands with Windows 10. There isn't much that I would say can be improved upon in regards to Windows 10! I highly recommend it!

While using Windows 10, I am able to do things such as play a small game, browse the internet, configure a cloud application and so much more! Windows 10 has the foundation of a powerful system, but isn't overbearing for a beginning user.

Windows 10 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"windows"

What do you like best?

The ease of installation and how user friendly it is. the latest change in dispplay making it mobile like could be headed inthe right direction.

What do you dislike?

The OS is heavy and is cumbersome on my CPU. it deters the possibility of having additional OS on my system. Since I do not have a high power CPU to share resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a light to use product even though the core is heavy and installation is time consuming. it comes with additional security features.

Every layman joining my office is aware of Windows, so I do no additional training to get them on board. This is one of the biggest benefits of windows 10.

Windows 10 review by Juliano F.
Juliano F.

"The best Windows version until now"

What do you like best?

+ If you use the computer to develop applications/games (or general jobs) this is the best version of the system so far;

+ Joins what is best in all previous versions of the system (stability, compatibility and usability);

+ Very stable and regular updates;

+ According to Microsoft, this will be the definitive Windows version, with longest life and support;

+ In case you work with your computer, the interface is nice and you won't get bored so easy;

+ If you were fast enough, you should have won the free upgrade to this new system, if you're using Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

What do you dislike?

- With the latest updates the system boot time is already not as fast as it was before;

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great system. An natural evolution of the system. You don't need a very powerful computer to use it. I use it for develop Android and PC games, and i'm very satisfied with it. It's a pity that i can't develop for Apple IOS with the same system, but i understand that this issue goes beyond the software and hardware limitations.

I develop my games at all times with a computer running Windows 10. There were rare times that the system crashed or restarted for some problem. I just had a little problem that occurred with the "host system" and that was solved with the latest update of the system. Updates are also not as time-consuming to install as it was in the past with previous versions of the system. Moreover, as I had already bought Windows 8 when it was out, i got the upgrade to this new system entirely for free.

Windows 10 review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Good upgrade from Win7"

What do you like best?

Windows 10 functions the same as Windows 7, but has a myriad of UI improvements, and others small things that make it familiar but more convenient to use for those upgrading from Windows 7. Built in multi-monitor support (each monitor gets a taskbar now), Windows explorer menu bars, and a very easy to use search feature are just a few of the many additions to windows 10.

What do you dislike?

Many of the more advanced features dealing with updates, and data usage are hidden under multiple menus. They are still there, but it may take some looking to find exactly where. I've heard of issues with crashing, but I personally have yet to have an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are used to 7 or XP, it's worth upgrading to 10. They've done away with the awful metro UI from 8 and have brought back the start menu from 7. If functions and feels almost exactly like 7, with numerous small improvements.

As with any software or OS, be sure that your system meets the requirements before upgrading.

Windows 10 runs faster than windows 7/8 (provided your hardware is up to date), and most programs are compatible.

Learning about Windows 10?

* We monitor all Windows 10 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.