Windows 7

Windows 7 is your PC simplified. Enjoy your media wherever you want, stay productive with the smart new desktop, get creative with Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Work for Windows 7?

Learning about Windows 7?

Windows 7 Reviews

Showing 238 Windows 7 reviews
Windows 7 review by <span>Karina F.</span>
Karina F.

Easy to use operating system

What do you like best?

It will support several platforms of prcesadores: 32 and 64 bits.

is one of the most user-friendly and easy-to-use operating system for anyone in the world.

You will save energy because it does not require so much hardware support or integration of so many components. It is very graphic and easy to use there is also a theme and skin manager to customize the appearance of your operating system.

Its application of search of files or document is a great tool since it has a very effective and high-precision search engine. You will not lose any files on your hard drive.

I am a very happy user, I feel comfortable using this operating system!!!.

This operating system allows me to block my sessions by placing passwords and thus prevent intruders from seeing my documents.

the good thing about this system that you can place personal photos like wallpaper is cool

What do you dislike?

It would bring economic disadvantages in case there are no updates of Windows XP or Vista as it would involve the renewal of the operating system installed on most of the computers of the companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the most common or most used operating system in the world, with an advantage of compatibility of documents and applications worldwide.

Some of the features of Windows 7 can be improvements in handwriting recognition.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows 7
Windows 7 review by <span>Jasmine K.</span>
Jasmine K.

I love Windows 7

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is probably my favorite, and the best, version of Windows. It has everything I need, and it's so easy to use. The interface is simple, and I hardly ever, if it all, have any issues with Windows 7.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there's anything I particularly dislike. Occasionally Microsoft Word takes forever to open, although I don't think that has anything to do, specifically, with Windows 7.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it. It's so much better than Windows Vista or Windows 10. Windows 7 will have everything you need without all the added random filler, and it's so much easier to use.

My laptop's OS is Windows 7 Professional, and I use my laptop for everything related to my business. I use Word and Excel for my editing and proofreading, I use Word for my writing, I used Adobe Reader for pdfs, and I use GIMP for all my graphic design needs.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Windows 7 review by <span>Cesar G.</span>
Cesar G.

Easy to use operating system and the most common compatibility

What do you like best?

Among the advantages that will be considered Windows 7's own over other systems are:

Greater synchronization between the user and the computer, thanks to the support of multitouch screens and the voice recognition tool.

It will occupy less memory, both its new kernel and the Operating System itself.

It will support several platforms of prcesadores: 32 and 64 bits.

It is an open Operating System; will be available to any market or use depending on the user's need (Home, education, trade).

Hardware development companies can boost the trade of their products, a vivid example is the Dell company that will launch the Windows 7 with its touch screen as there will be an operating system that supports it.

What do you dislike?

It will not bring support or compatibility with obsolete technology drivers and devices

It would not be a total innovation, due to having features of other operating systems, such as the micro-kernel that is already part of the Mac OS Tiger and also took part of the graphic interface of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compatibility: According to some data Windows 7 supports up to 80,000 compatible connectivity devices which means that you have a 90% chance of finding a device that can connect to it, in Windows Vista this issue of compatibility was a pain of head for the Pcs sellers.

Some of the features of Windows 7 can be improvements in handwriting recognition, support for virtual hard drives, improved performance in multi-core processors, better boot performance and some advantages and disadvantages are that there are users who decide to continue with the old one Xp version, others take advantage of the news of the stormy Vista.

Windows 7 review by <span>Joyce O.</span>
Joyce O.

Great!

What do you like best?

The security and reliability has improved immensely. It is much more stable that Windows XP. The Internet Explorer- IE8 is so much better than IE7. There are fewer problems on Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Not many might know this, but the interface on Windows 7 is much better- Aero glass/aero peek and aero shake. All in all, it is quite the upgrade from Windows XP. I am a very happy user!

What do you dislike?

Compatibility- if you were a user of Windows Vista, the drivers are going to take a bit to come out and be able to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Windows 7 to anyone seeking an operating system that is easy, user-friendly. You will definitely not be disappointed.

Performance wise- it is much faster and reliable than the past editions- XP and Vista. I am able to work on all my software and programs without any problems. I have realized that Windows 7 is the way to go.

Windows 7 review by <span>Jan Marie A.</span>
Jan Marie A.

Windows 7 is a 7

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is an improvement on its predecessors. They seem to have cleaned it up a bit and made it easier to use, which I appreciate. It's not perfect, but coming from someone who used to "hate Windows", it's surprisingly decent.

What do you dislike?

I prefer to use a Mac or Linux machine as I feel like I have more control over the system than I do with windows. I sometimes feel like the things I want to do are buried so far under the UI in Windows that I can't get to them. (Using a Command Window helps sometimes.) When I'm using a Mac or Linux I feel like I can sudo my way anywhere I want. I also worry about security vulnerabilities when viruses and things are going around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use Windows, Windows 7 is a great choice. It's much less clunky than older versions and it's not trying too hard the way Vista was. I have no complaints about the OS. Microsoft has a lot of support available which is helpful.

Windows is the OS used by about half our team members (with the other half using Macs). Since it's an operating system I don't feel like it's targeting a specific "business problem" as much as it's a framework in which we can approach all the problems.

Windows 7 review by <span>Nicoli T.</span>
Nicoli T.

Easy to use

What do you like best?

If you liked XP, then 7 is for you. This is an updated version of XP and is very stable and easy to use. Several features are similar to XP, so there is little down time for learning. You will want to make sure all your hardware can handle this program before installation, further check current add-on software to ensure compatibility.

What do you dislike?

I have tried both Win 7 and 8 and can tell you 7 is a far better system to use. It is very compatible with software installations and older hardware. I am sad to see this system become obsolete. I tried the upgrade to Win 10, but many of the software programs i use are not compatible with Win 10, so i came back to Win 7 very easily. Windows does a great job of making any transition simple and easy. Make sure you check out if your hardware can handle this software before installation. Some printers are not compatible with Win 10, so individuals using Win 10 may want to consider either upgrading their printers or not upgrading the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an upgraded version of XP. It should be compatible with most current software and several older software programs or hardwares.

I tried the free update to Win 10 and found many of the programs i needed to run would not run properly on Win 10. I reverted to Win 7 for the reliability of the software.

Learning about Windows 7?

* We monitor all Windows 7 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.