Windows 7

Windows 7 is your PC simplified. Enjoy your media wherever you want, stay productive with the smart new desktop, get creative with Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Work for Windows 7?

Learning about Windows 7?

Windows 7 Reviews

Ask Windows 7 a Question
Showing 242 Windows 7 reviews
Windows 7 review by Karina F.
Karina F.

"Easy to use operating system"

What do you like best?

It will support several platforms of prcesadores: 32 and 64 bits.

is one of the most user-friendly and easy-to-use operating system for anyone in the world.

You will save energy because it does not require so much hardware support or integration of so many components. It is very graphic and easy to use there is also a theme and skin manager to customize the appearance of your operating system.

Its application of search of files or document is a great tool since it has a very effective and high-precision search engine. You will not lose any files on your hard drive.

I am a very happy user, I feel comfortable using this operating system!!!.

This operating system allows me to block my sessions by placing passwords and thus prevent intruders from seeing my documents.

the good thing about this system that you can place personal photos like wallpaper is cool

What do you dislike?

It would bring economic disadvantages in case there are no updates of Windows XP or Vista as it would involve the renewal of the operating system installed on most of the computers of the companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the most common or most used operating system in the world, with an advantage of compatibility of documents and applications worldwide.

Some of the features of Windows 7 can be improvements in handwriting recognition.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows 7
Windows 7 review by Jasmine K.
Jasmine K.

"I love Windows 7"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is probably my favorite, and the best, version of Windows. It has everything I need, and it's so easy to use. The interface is simple, and I hardly ever, if it all, have any issues with Windows 7.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there's anything I particularly dislike. Occasionally Microsoft Word takes forever to open, although I don't think that has anything to do, specifically, with Windows 7.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it. It's so much better than Windows Vista or Windows 10. Windows 7 will have everything you need without all the added random filler, and it's so much easier to use.

My laptop's OS is Windows 7 Professional, and I use my laptop for everything related to my business. I use Word and Excel for my editing and proofreading, I use Word for my writing, I used Adobe Reader for pdfs, and I use GIMP for all my graphic design needs.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Windows 7 review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"Easy to use operating system and the most common compatibility"

What do you like best?

Among the advantages that will be considered Windows 7's own over other systems are:

Greater synchronization between the user and the computer, thanks to the support of multitouch screens and the voice recognition tool.

It will occupy less memory, both its new kernel and the Operating System itself.

It will support several platforms of prcesadores: 32 and 64 bits.

It is an open Operating System; will be available to any market or use depending on the user's need (Home, education, trade).

Hardware development companies can boost the trade of their products, a vivid example is the Dell company that will launch the Windows 7 with its touch screen as there will be an operating system that supports it.

What do you dislike?

It will not bring support or compatibility with obsolete technology drivers and devices

It would not be a total innovation, due to having features of other operating systems, such as the micro-kernel that is already part of the Mac OS Tiger and also took part of the graphic interface of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compatibility: According to some data Windows 7 supports up to 80,000 compatible connectivity devices which means that you have a 90% chance of finding a device that can connect to it, in Windows Vista this issue of compatibility was a pain of head for the Pcs sellers.

Some of the features of Windows 7 can be improvements in handwriting recognition, support for virtual hard drives, improved performance in multi-core processors, better boot performance and some advantages and disadvantages are that there are users who decide to continue with the old one Xp version, others take advantage of the news of the stormy Vista.

Windows 7 review by Joyce O.
Joyce O.

"Great! "

What do you like best?

The security and reliability has improved immensely. It is much more stable that Windows XP. The Internet Explorer- IE8 is so much better than IE7. There are fewer problems on Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Not many might know this, but the interface on Windows 7 is much better- Aero glass/aero peek and aero shake. All in all, it is quite the upgrade from Windows XP. I am a very happy user!

What do you dislike?

Compatibility- if you were a user of Windows Vista, the drivers are going to take a bit to come out and be able to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Windows 7 to anyone seeking an operating system that is easy, user-friendly. You will definitely not be disappointed.

Performance wise- it is much faster and reliable than the past editions- XP and Vista. I am able to work on all my software and programs without any problems. I have realized that Windows 7 is the way to go.

Windows 7 review by Daniel O.
Daniel O.

"A powerful software available to everyone"

What do you like best?

I like Windows 7 since it is a wonderful software with a great capacity for compatibility with corporate programs and software, the big developers are based on the launch of their products based on the kernel of this, among its features I can mention that it has a striking and user-friendly graphic design for the common user, also allows me to customize the computer through widely configurable themes presents improvements in the overall performance of the operating system; Windows allows applications that are only allowed by the system administrator which gives me more control, for example in a corporate environment this can be done at home depending on user credentials.

What do you dislike?

I like this sowftware a lot, I do not have any negative opinion about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

if I recommend windows7 since it is an easy to use software with a wide variety of products on the market.

In my work thanks to Windows 7 allows me to install programs that are necessary for the good performance of my activities, since sometimes it is necessary to download additional software to visualize graphics and / or develop software for decision making and research, in addition to the a large amount of files that I manage this software allows me to manage my information more quickly and safely, also thanks to the wide variety of security software I can keep my PC free of malware and worms that may affect the performance of my system.

Windows 7 review by Jan Marie A.
Jan Marie A.

"Windows 7 is a 7"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is an improvement on its predecessors. They seem to have cleaned it up a bit and made it easier to use, which I appreciate. It's not perfect, but coming from someone who used to "hate Windows", it's surprisingly decent.

What do you dislike?

I prefer to use a Mac or Linux machine as I feel like I have more control over the system than I do with windows. I sometimes feel like the things I want to do are buried so far under the UI in Windows that I can't get to them. (Using a Command Window helps sometimes.) When I'm using a Mac or Linux I feel like I can sudo my way anywhere I want. I also worry about security vulnerabilities when viruses and things are going around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use Windows, Windows 7 is a great choice. It's much less clunky than older versions and it's not trying too hard the way Vista was. I have no complaints about the OS. Microsoft has a lot of support available which is helpful.

Windows is the OS used by about half our team members (with the other half using Macs). Since it's an operating system I don't feel like it's targeting a specific "business problem" as much as it's a framework in which we can approach all the problems.

Windows 7 review by Nicoli T.
Nicoli T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

If you liked XP, then 7 is for you. This is an updated version of XP and is very stable and easy to use. Several features are similar to XP, so there is little down time for learning. You will want to make sure all your hardware can handle this program before installation, further check current add-on software to ensure compatibility.

What do you dislike?

I have tried both Win 7 and 8 and can tell you 7 is a far better system to use. It is very compatible with software installations and older hardware. I am sad to see this system become obsolete. I tried the upgrade to Win 10, but many of the software programs i use are not compatible with Win 10, so i came back to Win 7 very easily. Windows does a great job of making any transition simple and easy. Make sure you check out if your hardware can handle this software before installation. Some printers are not compatible with Win 10, so individuals using Win 10 may want to consider either upgrading their printers or not upgrading the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an upgraded version of XP. It should be compatible with most current software and several older software programs or hardwares.

I tried the free update to Win 10 and found many of the programs i needed to run would not run properly on Win 10. I reverted to Win 7 for the reliability of the software.

Windows 7 review by Keene M.
Keene M.

"Fairly good."

What do you like best?

Its really hard to review an operating system, In the mainstream, there are not many alternatives - various low usage unix and linux variants, iOS, and Windows. What do I like best about Windows? Well, I'm familiar with it, I know how to use it, it has lots of great features that I use a whole lot. The interface is good, its all manageable, and its popular!

What do you dislike?

On a technical level, I really dislike the way that the hardware is so tightly integrated with the OS - this causes challenges that are hard to overcome. I also really dislike that the settings held within the control panel don't integrate with 3rd party tools as well as they might. An example might be changing default browsers, editors etc. Sometimes you have to browse to the executable to find the thing you are looking for. I know its a little nit picky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to Windows 10 instead - but only because its a natural progression. It is easy to use though.

Enterprise OS platform. People are familiar with it, they know how to get around and use the features, and they are used to to too. We don't have an Apple architecture in place, or a unix one, so this, by default is the go-to.

Windows 7 review by User in Internet

"Excellent product and cannot move to newer ones because I love this"

What do you like best?

Everything. I think it is an excellent Operating System from Windows. The most important thing I like about it is the ease of use. Even my mother can use it who has very limited knowledge about computers. She cannot use a Mac but Windows 7 is the thing for her. Any later versions of Windows is difficult to use or move to. Usability and most features from an OS is there in this version of Windows.

What do you dislike?

Command line functionality could be improved something similar to Mac. There are some security concerns that come with this too. Viruses can easily infect this version compared to my mac OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is by far the best OS from WIndows. People who are using Mac can still try to use this instead of using the latest versions of Windows.

Using Windows 7 for software development at work.

Windows 7 review by Angela P.
Angela P.

"Windows 7 Review"

What do you like best?

For work, it is quick and user-friendly. I've tried both Windows 8 and 10, which have had some slowness or were harder to use. Icon placement and other items I would use regularly were not intuitively placed or found. Overall, my favorite is the simplicity and speed.

What do you dislike?

I'm not the best to describe this as I use Windows 7 for very basic functions, so it technically helps with 100% of my needs for work, the duties being: don't crash, don't be slow, make it so that I can find the things.

I do not use it in other capacities to know if it is unable to perform as well as others.

I cannot answer this because I am merely a user of this product which helps me serve my clients. I run additional programs on my computer, of which the operating system is Windows 7. The programs I use, separate from Windows 7, is what I use to help my clients.

Windows 7 review by Holly M.
Holly M.

"Windows 7"

What do you like best?

I like the integration between Outlook and Skype. I like that the calendar integrates into Skype so other users can see when you are in a meeting. I like that you can pull up and email and send an IM through Skype regarding the email so the other person knows exactly what you are referencing. I also really like the apps for iPhone so I can access email and Skype from my mobile device when I am away from my computer.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have issues where emails show up as "unread" on the Inbox tab, but aren't available in my inbox. They will show up several hours later.

Communication and scheduling. It's easy to see what another colleague's availability is by pulling up their calendar and seeing when a meeting can be scheduled. It's also easy to get in touch quickly with others over Skype.

Windows 7 review by Filip G.
Filip G.

"Huge improvement over Windows Vista"

What do you like best?

At the time it came out it offered a nice and modern interface with the new Aero look but still it remained similar to XP so it didn't require that much effort to get readjusted. Stability was greatly improved over XP and without going into too many technical details I can say that with the new architecture in all the years I've been using it I've hardly seen a blue screen. The start menu is the best one in the history of the product, it's better even than Windows 10. The network configuration was another great improvement as it made easy to configure home groups and connect with other devices that share the home router.

What do you dislike?

I can't find many things to mention that I dislike in Windows 7. The obvious ones would be the need for a clean reinstall over Windows XP, a process much improved now with the coming out of Windows 10. The other dislike would be about XP going out of support which basically forces the business environment to upgrade to Windows 7.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no point in recommending since the era of Windows 7 is coming slowly to an end.

As mentioned in the dislike section one of the reasons was end of support to Windows XP which warrants for an upgrade. However, Windows 7 offered many improvements when it came out which made it easier to convince the business to on-board quicker. Some of the features that are worth mentioning from business environment aspect are: easy to recover files, bit-locker, troubleshooting with the new task manager etc.

Windows 7 review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"The best of Windows is sadly about to be "obsolete""

What do you like best?

It's intuitive; windows *(PC) at its core. The simple, easy to understand and robust solution that is Windows 7 is perhaps the best they have ever produced. I am typing this on a retired workstation running this operating system and despite it's loud, hot operation, it continues to be my go to machine when I want to run 24/7. Windows 7 is legit.

What do you dislike?

it's not going to be serviced anymore in a very short timeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get it while you can. buy it in refurbished machines and use it until the hardware stops working, this OS is hands down the best, most intuitive thing windows has ever devised. It doesn't need an update every 3 minutes like Win10 and it doesn't have the nuances of windows 8 that makes you want to bang your head against a wall. it's still applicable for most general duty computing.

general daily operation. This is the granddaddy of all individual PC/workstation setups.

Windows 7 review by Tommy S.
Tommy S.

"Just what you'd expect from Windows - reliability."

What do you like best?

This version of Windows has pretty much everything you'd expect from classic Microsoft Windows. XP was great and Windows 7 isn't that much different. Its appearance is the main thing that has changed, along with further added capability for software and platform integration among businesses and government entities. It gives extra "oomph" with its great 64 bit option and cleaner menus and ribbons in the Office products.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, just like with any other OS, things bog down and the system freezes up for a few seconds. Other than that, there are really no issues I have found with the OS. The only snag I ran into was coming from XP and having to learn all the new features and how to navigate to where/what I wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any OS, just ensure it meets your needs and is compatible with the systems and programs you need to use. All-in-all, Windows 7 is an extremely useful and stable OS.

As mentioned above, it gives the option for a great 64 bit OS. This is great because it allowed us to integrate updated programs onto machines, which would only run in a 64 bit environment.

Windows 7 review by Narayan S.
Narayan S.

"Best OS"

What do you like best?

Nice Screen layers when you want to switch between the opened applications and which comes when you press Window and Tab key. Sharing documents over network is really easy. Windows 7 UI is really good compare to previous OS. And good thing is we are not seeing the Blue Screen. It is very easy to use. I love it and hate the direction 10 is going. It's fast, it does what it is supposed to do without complaining too much.

What do you dislike?

Can't stop the windows Shut down, when we click it accidentally (As it is next to Hibernate). Also the forcefully shut down pop up screen, when we are in middle of some work and must restart. Confusion between 32 and 64 bit. Based on this some old Softwares do not work and also some drivers are difficult to find for 64 bit. Also the Installed Softwares lakes lot of time in loading (Specially first time) and when you refresh the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good and awesome OS to work with. Used by most of the Private and Government Organizations, so I don't have any doubt on using it. Just go go it. Best OS compare to previous OS.

It is used by most of the users in the works.. so easy to communicate between the systems. And it has got awesome compatibility with most of the tools and softwares. Multitasking is easy, switching between monitors is easy.

Windows 7 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very good operating system "

What do you like best?

- handing multiple windows/ screens a time is good

- ability to manage users and manage passwords

- sharing documents over the network

- ease of connecting with many hardware as plug-n-play devices. Makes easy not to install software for each hardware we want to connect to laptop

- ability to manage installed software easily

- de-fragment harddisk and check for status for any issues.

What do you dislike?

- Memory management needs more work, easily gets clogged with unwanted processes running in background

- Access controls should be more better than just Guest, Admin and non-admin user - need to be able to provide additional privileges and access

- Updates can be bulky when so many updates are installed over time. Need a way to uninstall old individual updates and instead do a big single update which is easier to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Ease of installing software, , ease of plug-n-play of devices and compatibility

- Easy to manage users and provide security

- ease of creating network, connect with network and share files/folders over the network ,

- great themes and GUI in this product

- handy process manager which can be used to track memory usage and different processes which are running on the machine.

easy to do day to day work, compatible with most software (install them) available.

- no need to install separate software for most devices as they usually have inbuilt software hence plug-n-play becomes easy.

Windows 7 review by Christin W.
Christin W.

"The Windows I'm most familiar with."

What do you like best?

As this is the Windows program I am most familiar with, I am most comfortable with it. I know where all my icons, menus, and actions are located. I know where all my functions are and how to personalize or change settings easily as needed. There are many options to choose from, and more are easily added online at ht e click of a mouse, and in fact, will usually connect you right where you want to go for said options. There is also an online help function where you can chat or contact someone at the help desk at any time. Very useful.

What do you dislike?

Because Microsoft has decided the world MUST make the jump to Windows 10 (whether your system can handle it or not!), I find that on my laptop I am getting constant updates and sluggish performance. On my PC, I have begun to run a little slow. Ever since the forced upgrade to Windows 10, Windows 7 is a little sticky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very aware of the massive push from Microsoft to upgrade every device in the world to Windows 10. That being said, if you do not care for the way Windows 10 behaves or looks, or your system is to old to properly run Windows 10, Windows 7 is wonderful. Easy to learn (especially if you are already familiar with Windows in general) and simply to use.

Windows 7 holds my computer together. Without it, I'm not sure it would work properly. Windows makes it possible to coordinate all the separate programs I use in any given day.

Windows 7 review by Timothy R.
Timothy R.

"The Best Windows since 98"

What do you like best?

Back in the 1990's, Windows 95 ushered in a dramatic revision to the platform and, less than three years later, Windows 98 polished it into something really solid for most purposes. Nevertheless, the platform was in need of a true, modern revision free from DOS -- the sort that Windows NT promised and finally came to fruition in Windows XP. However, Windows XP always felt less than polished and had plenty of issues with security; Vista looked to be Windows XP's equivalent to 98 but failed miserably, creating an unstable, incompatible mess. Windows 7, however, is perhaps the best Windows ever: more secure, more stable and flexible. While I still prefer macOS, Windows 7 is a fine operating system and still feels current 7 years after its release.

What do you dislike?

The system still feels a bit polished compared to macOS, still lags at startup as the various helper apps start and feels a bit orphaned -- a very fine release left behind by the dramatically different Windows 8 and 10. Its management of photos and other multimedia still leaves a lot to be desired and it doesn't integrate particularly well with either iOS or Android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 still seems like it is preferable to Windows 10: it is familiar, compatible and likely to be supported for the foreseeable future by most software businesses need.

It is much more stable and easy to manage than previous Windows releases and runs fine on our old Windows-compatible equipment.

Windows 7 review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Continuing to be a reliable OS"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Design is like previous Windows operating systems. Since I had experience in other Windows software it made this easy to use. Have always like the search bar being first thing offered when you hit the windows start button. Also like the shut down side button that allows you to choose other ways to close your computer (log off, snooze, etc).

What do you dislike?

Seems to take a lot of time when frozen in an application as to what my options are. Seems that the "keep running or close" prompt is slow to come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Comparable to the older OS versions. So if you liked those go with this option

Ability to have a software that runs all necessary programs needed to complete my job.

Windows 7 review by Jorge P.
Jorge P.

"The most stable Windows OS after XP"

What do you like best?

One of the features I like best is the fact that it has improvements on the GUI. It's similar to Vista, but engineers optimized it a lot, and it probably runs smoother because of that.

Everything I disliked from Vista was improved or simply removed. It runs smooth, it's been very uncommon for me to have a blue screen and it still works with most of the latest software out there. In fact, it's the best choice for gamers.

What do you dislike?

It's common to have any kind of virus in your system, and not being aware of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For game developers, and gamers, is the de-facto operating system to use.

It's advised to have an anti-virus software installed and updated. Don't trust any flash drive that's not your own, or you have kept unused for a long time.

I'm a game developer and Windows is the de-facto operating system for developing games; specially in AAA studios. It's easier to use than most of Linux distributions out there, even now that they've developed better Wizards and stuff.

Windows 7 review by Joshua K.
Joshua K.

"Base software program for our hospital computers"

What do you like best?

The system continues to improve year after year. The base programs I.e. Microsoft excel are pretty smooth. Using vpn software has been easy to use with Microsoft. The support provided has been helpful to correct any errors we may receive with our clinical charting software.

What do you dislike?

I am more of an apple man, so the operating system is a lot different. I feel like drag and drop works sometimes and other times it isn't functioning. I am waiting for the newest version to get a remodel. The system isn't as intuitive as I would like.

We utilize email software and communication systems. Support for our electronic charting is the biggest business problem we have.

Windows 7 review by Ashley C.
Ashley C.

"Windows 7 Review"

What do you like best?

It is very easy and straight forward to use. The set up is great, and does not complicate things if they are used to a different type of operating system.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, but as a personal preference I prefer the updated Windows version because that is what I use on my personal computer but I have no real dislike for this version of the software it works well and does what I need it to do so that I can get my work done effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As of now being that there are updates of the Windows software I do not have any recommendations because the newer versions work excellently

I'm solving classroom enrollment and duration issues.

Windows 7 review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Windows7 Is awesome!!!"

What do you like best?

The smoothness that the program adds to the actions I perform daily on my computer. I find that Windows7 adds a lot to the performance of the computer and truly enables me to get my work done daily. I know that when I open my computer I can be sure that my task list will not have any problems getting done, as Windows7 handles any work I have coming my way.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a large amount that I dislike. I think that there are times the program can seem outdated after using different ones, but that doesn't diminish the happiness and joy I have from using it. I believe that in this technological age that we live in, programmers have to ensure that they are moving fast enough in order to ensure that they stay up to date within the cyber world. People call this generation the minute generation, therefore everyone expects that change happens instantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sometime it is worth waiting for something/someone, and in this case while Windows7 isn't always instantaneous, I believe the quality is so great that it is worth waiting for if there is any trouble /problems that have to be fixed up.

I am solving a host of problems, from administrative related to payroll, from marketing to sales....you name it, and I am fixing it. Being in an admin position, I am constantly only the computer and using it in order to solve any problems that come up.

Windows 7 review by Agency in Law Practice
Agency in Law Practice

"It's easy to use and adapt to new upgrades."

What do you like best?

I love that it is user friendly and easy to manage, learn, and teach. It is easy to navigate and self teach. I like the fonts and colors. I think they made the Word program better. It being easier to review the options needed for formatting such as the heading, footing, merging, mailings, templates, and writing styles.

What do you dislike?

I do not like some of the tab options and set up. Specifically, the appearance. I do not like the color of the background or borders of the header. I think it looks kind of bland and boring. It seems like the color is to accommodate an office professional setting which I like but I think it could be a shade darker to bring life to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not hard to learn if you just give it a chance.

I don't really have any business problems. I like the styles for creating memos and even the powerpoint templates. The only issue is sometimes with outlook it will crash out. I like outlook color coordinating appoints feature, and color tabs to help alert. remind and prioritize important dates. I like the ability to make view coworkers schedule so that an appointment can be made to accommodate all.

Windows 7 review by Jan T.
Jan T.

"Windows 7 - still most broadly used OS from Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Although Windows 10 is available for a while, Windows 7 is still used by almost 50% of users.

That is clear evidence that Windows 7 was not bad OS, replacing long-time-used Windows XP.

It raised a bar in stability in comparison to previous systems.

When Windows 8 was released, users did not see many benefits - and decided to wait for upcoming and more stable release.

What do you dislike?

Look and feel was very different from previous Windows XP and some users had problems to get used to it.

New "metro" style was enjoyed by mobile users, but I remember that ordinary user had problem to get used to it.

We simply had to upgrade to Windows 7 since Windows XP reached end of support.

But I am sure that Windows 7 would stay in our production for some more time - until we completely upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 7 review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Solid Operating System - Reliable"

What do you like best?

I like that the operating system is very reliable. You don't have to worry about many system issues or things not working right. It's fast and easy to use. It's great that it's user-friendly because I can always figure out how to do what i need to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the system has an issue with PDF printing. We use a PDF printer and I have frequent issues with naming the file and printing successfully. I also don't like the lack of options to customize what you see. It's very basic with just being able to choose a theme and colors. I miss having more options like you do with Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's reliable and fast. Most software is compatible so it's definitely a good choice if you need something affordable.

My job solves customer services issues and also maintaining standards with federal law. Because we use a reliable operating system, I am able to keep up with my workload.

Windows 7 review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Windows 7 Window to Future "

What do you like best?

The stability, the overall features, the control of the resources, ease of integration of devices, robustness, style, theme and the security containment make windows 7 a preferred choice in the consumer market for operating system. I work in a Telco and the kind of software that we use are not only resource hungry but also require great compatibility and integration. Windows 7 provide them all.

What do you dislike?

Windows 7 is already offering pretty much all the modern features. however, one feels that with the increase in the robustness of the upcoming OS the space it requires to operate is also increasing day by day. Also to get the best out of this awesome and amazing OS you need to have pretty good specs on your machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The resource requirement can be looked into for a little optimization. Its always eating too much of memory space and CPU utilization.

Our field teams carry PCs with them for drive testing and other network QoS testing and bench marking purposes and are pretty happy wit the overall performance of the OS. We are using Windows 7 on PCs, temporary servers, mediation devices.

Windows 7 review by David W.
David W.

"Still a decent and reliable PC/laptop operating system"

What do you like best?

Familiar and mostly stable to use. In many ways, superior to later versions. Still runs most commonly used business software.

What do you dislike?

Could use better memory (RAM) management. Also is a bit dated and sometimes struggles when trying to run newer software. Default browser (Internet Explorer) is often slow and doesn't handle page loads as well as other browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent, stable, mature. Most will be more comfortable using this OS over later versions (such as Windows 8.x and 10).

provides a (mostly) universal platform for all corporate users, enabling use of standard builds for company PCs and laptops. allows use of most common software packages.

Windows 7 review by Sona P.
Sona P.

"Windows 7 is easy to use and has everything you need to solve basic problems."

What do you like best?

Windows 7 does not have the flashiness of newer systems, but rather it has everything you need to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

The "most used" start menu is usually not accurate. Moreover, you do not get a recap of all things happening on different sites, such as email and pictures, but rather you have to individually open everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting a more advanced version of Windows 7 because it has more useful features and it is not as outdated in terms of layout and time to find items that you may need.,

Security from outsider and inside hackers is easily solvable using Windows 7 without deterring from the employees needs.

"Best windows so far"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the layouts of windows 7 are much better than either 8 or 10, they made those more for tablet usage which makes them less appealing on computers

What do you dislike?

really nothing, i love windows 7 and really wish that it was still the most recent version to avoid using the newer ones

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 is so much easier to use than other OS, windows 10 isnt terrible, but windows 8 is not good, 7 is amazing

This product allows us to run any program that we need to use, we dont run into runtime issues and can run tons of programs simultaneously without bogging down the system

Windows 7 review by Caron W.
Caron W.

"Even the novice can appreciate Windows 7 platform"

What do you like best?

It could take a while to get used to the new taskbar and Aero Peek, but they're wonderful to use. Overall there is better taskbar management and I love the new GADGET feature for different things like weather. It feels a lot more user friendly even for the novice Windows user.

What do you dislike?

Performance is still hit-or-miss in Windows 7 which is sad considering how many versions of this platform we are into by now. Also, some older programs might not work and some drivers might not be available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it - even the most novice employee will have a minimal learning curve and should quickly see the benefits from making the switch to Win 7.

With a transition from XP to Windows 7 there were several issues of questionable compatibility with existing software packages being run. Happily we found that the transition went smoothly and the process was very intuitive for any upgrades needed to maintain performance.

Windows 7 review by Daniela B.
Daniela B.

"Excellent operating system"

What do you like best?

Practically has no problems, fast, easy agile, really has no complications to use it, has a modern and sophisticated design with a wide variety to choose different wallpapers, variety of colors, you can decorate your desktop with the design that best suits you, it takes up less memory space

What do you dislike?

Does not bring support or compatibility with obsolete technology devices and drivers

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best software, it's worth having it

It occupies less space in the memory of your operating system which helps faster and better performance, saves energy since it does not require so much hardware support

Windows 7 review by David M.
David M.

"Hands-down, the best version of Windows ever created."

What do you like best?

The best features of Windows, including support for NTFS, DVD, home theater PC management, Wi-Fi, 64-Bit architecture, gaming, and home networking management, in a stable environment that has minimal crashes, and available in various flavors/versions. The range goes from Home, Professional, Business, and Ultimate.

What do you dislike?

No native playback support for Blu-ray, not a media pack from Microsoft, and requires a secondary program for this playback. This feature should have been baked into the OS (and in Windows 7 defense, this is still not part of the OS, even in Windows 10).You also lose the Media playback features from this OS, if you upgrade to Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If need need stability and long-term support, I would stick to this OS version, over Windows 10, for the time being.

I used to use this for my main OS for business and home usage on my PC's.

Windows 7 review by Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.

"Animators review of Windows 7 - Professional"

What do you like best?

It works well with the art based software we use daily. Easy to manipulate and create your own business IT and system for security and easy use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dont dislike at all. Its easy to use! Ive actually grown to be more of a PC fan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a solid system to work from!

Being able to access files and configure settings to meet work needs. Other computers tend to keep you from allowing rationalization without the necessary apps. I absolutely love the snipping tool and its copy paste button so no clutter of images on your desktop or some hidden file!

Windows 7 review by User in Research
User in Research

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Lightweight operating system that (with a little work) runs all of our diagnostic machines. User friendly and simplistic.

What do you dislike?

compatibility issues with new hardware make it so we have to upgrade our systems. Some of our 30 year old machines work with windows 7 but not windows 8 or windows 10, this is causing a lot of work stoppages while we try to figure out the software issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support will be ending in the near future for windows 7. Personally, I'd skip 7 and go right for 10 to maximize the length of time that the systems can be used without upgrading the operating system. It's such a hassle to change the operating system especially for larger companies so know that if you do choose 7, you will have to go through that process eventually.

Windows 7 connects all our computers to their diagnostic machines. We also use it on all of our office computers. It accomplishes what we need to accomplish without too much extra frills to distract employees. It's easy to learn and allows everyone to access what they need to access due to it's support for all the other software that we use (specifically office and access)

Windows 7 review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"I love Windows 7 so much that I refuse to upgrade to Windows 10"

What do you like best?

I've had windows ever since I've had a computer (95, 95, ME, XP, and Vista). It feels like Windows 7 is the best version of all of those prior versions. Graphics are clean and involved, I like the attention to detail, it makes boring computer tasks a degree or two more interesting. Navigating through files and drives feels familiar and I can always find what I am looking for. I like that I can customize the tool bar and have my screen as busy or clean as I'd like it. I am so happy with the version of Windows that I am dreading the inevitable forced move to Windows 10.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the non-stop Windows pop-up for updating to Windows 10 and the haunting feeling my computer is just one day going to update to Windows 10 like so many other Windows users I've heard about that happening to. There isn't too much that I dislike about Windows 7 and I really don't like the interface and look of Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best version of Windows yet! Like prior versions with all the kinks worked out, fun graphics, and customizable for your preferred look and layout.

I have many folders and have a lot of organizing I need to do with files and I enjoy the options on how files look at and how I can access them. By moving folders and using toolbars I have been able to speed up my time spent looking for documents and I feel more organized.

"Old Faithful!"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is the workhorse of Microsoft. The company has had quite a lot of bugs with other operating systems, even with Windows 8 and 8 Pro. Windows 7 is stable, highly functional and would still be the OS of choice for PC users if not for Microsoft's effort of coming up with an OS that would serve both tablets and PCs.

What do you dislike?

Windows 7 is a resource hog. If your system does not enough memory or expansion slots to do so, you will find it very unresponsive and your ability to multitask highly degraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 is still a highly functional OS. As long as Microsoft continues to support it with updates and patches, there is no reason to upgrade to Windows 8, 8 Pro, or 10 unless you have a tablet.

We still run Windows 7 on all of our machines. It is our OS of choice to run all our PCs.

Windows 7 review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"un software eficiente"

What do you like best?

lo que mas me gusta de windows 7 es que tienes todo al alcance de un click es facil de usar y cuanta con todas las herramientas necesarias para trabajar, es compatible con muchos softwares de diseno que utilizo en mi trabajo y cuenta con muchas aplicaciones utiles para la vida diaria

What do you dislike?

lo que menos me gusta de windows 7 es el aspacto, creo que se puede mejorar

Recommendations to others considering the product

no tengo mucha experiencia con otros software de este tipo pero si creo que es mejor a sus versiones anteriores

cuando compre una computadora portatil la cual uso diariamente ya venia instalado y realmente a diferecia de sus versiones anteriores es mas facil de usar

Windows 7 review by Canedy R.
Canedy R.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

It does what is required to get the job done. User friendly and easy to operate. I like the interface better than Windows 8 which I have tried.

What do you dislike?

Windows 7 is a little out dated but it's easy to use. It can run slow and the automatic updates seem to be slow. There are automatic updates often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 works great for companies everyday use.

Benefits definitely include the ease of use. It is easy to navigate Windows 7. I am an office assistant so I use Windows 7 for my everyday work.

Windows 7 review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Windows 7 - Nice and Clean"

What do you like best?

I really like the clean, traditional feel of the Windows 7 interface. Windows 8 took a sharp turn from what I feel is useful in the business world with their use of "Live tiles". If I wanted to have a tablet style interface I would have used a tablet. Give me Windows 7's clean interface any day.

What do you dislike?

At first, I really did not understand the need to rename many of the commonly used control panels, such as changing "Add/Remove Programs" to "Programs and Features" but now that I am used to it I really find it to be easy to follow. One other item that bothers me is the idea to have pared down menu views for control panel items and similar style menus. I would prefer that all options be presented instead of only a few that Microsoft feels are important.

Truthfully the biggest thing is that Windows 7 does for us is that our users are used to it. It is what they have used at home.

Windows 7 review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Windows 7 is a great solution for business"

What do you like best?

The intuitiveness of the platform. Especially windows explorer. I think in terms of location and app. Use an app, store the output in a location. I do not like keeping everything on my desktop. Win7 lends itself well for this.

What do you dislike?

Some of the non-configurability of some of the apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 is great for business purposes. With the release of Windows 8 and 10, I'm not sure that Microsoft realizes that those of us using Windows for business do NOT want something made for personal and social usage, which is exactly what Win8 and 10 are for. If my company ever switched to Windows 8 or 10, I would have a very difficult time.

Our entire org uses it, so we're solving storage and every day work with it.

Windows 7 review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Better than the older versions but at the end of the day, you're still using a PC"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is easier to use and more aesthetically pleasing to use than the older, clunkier versions of windows. The core office programs function the same as they always have so there isn't much change there. It's an easy and pretty seamless transition to 7 from older versions so there is no difficulty there for people making the upgrade. It's convenient to have a program that most people still use so there are few compatibility issues there.

What do you dislike?

At the end of the day, if you're using Windows 7, you're using a PC. It's not as intuitive as an Apple operating system, nor is it as aesthetically pleasing. Windows is also harder to customize. It seems there is always another patch or update/fix that needs to come out though I haven't experienced it being as buggy as previous versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone can use it and everyone has it. But if you're using it, you're still using a PC and not a Mac.

Most people have had experience with Windows so it isn't difficult to use or introduce to new employees since its rare to find someone how hasn't used it at some point. Since most business still use it, you also don't have many compatibility issues.

Windows 7 review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Windows 7 is user friendly and rarely crashes"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is easy to navigate and compatible with the software I use.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have trouble running applications on windows 7 and have to open the task manager, but I don't know if this has to do with the operating system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using windows 7 in a business setting because it's compatible with outlook and excel which have been the main tools I've used in my pat 2 roles. It is easiest to use with multiple monitors so several applications or or browsers can be used simultanouesly

I like that I can easily use outlook, word, excel, powerpoint etc with this platform

Windows 7 review by User in Higher Education

"Simple and intuitive to use for everyday tasks"

What do you like best?

After being a Windows 7 user for many years now, I understand that I am at a certain comfort and familiarity level, but I actually think the Windows 7 platform works well and is fairly intuitive. I embrace new technology, but sometimes you just need something simple that works, and that's how I feel about Windows 7. It's not without issues, obviously, but when it's not bugged out, I am highly productive.

What do you dislike?

I'm not thrilled with the occasional updates that I don't necessary think I need, and there are many times when I have to get tech support to help with some random issue. But all in all, it's fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fairly stable, well-supported platform that gets the job done.

Windows 7 is the system that I use every day for work to accomplish every task.

Windows 7 review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Not Quite an Upgrade to the Windows Family"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 was an upgrade from Windows Vista but it didn't improve on it very much. It was mostly security updates and some other minor fixes. Stability seemed to have been increased over Vista as well. It worked with more hardware and crashed a lot less often.

What do you dislike?

Windows 7 was still a very buggy operating system. It wouldn't run certain programs very well and would often quit working until a system restart was performed. Hardware would not function correctly some of the time as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to use an older Windows operating system, I would skip 7 and go to 8. Windows 8 is a huge improvement over Windows 7.

It was definitely more stable than Vista in running programs and being more hardware compatible.

Windows 7 review by Allison K. B.
Allison K. B.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

I have been a Windows user all my life. I find that it is easy to navigate and always has a clean look to it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I go to lock my computer, I sometimes accidentally click the Shutdown button and there is no way to stop it! I wish there was a lag time - or maybe there is a setting I can change to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that Windows 7 is really nice because it's an improved version of the Windows we all know and love.

I am a research so it's nice to have an efficient working desktop and system.

"Sticking with 7"

What do you like best?

I like the familiarity and ease of use. I have been using Windows 7 for several years and it meets all my needs. I have attempted to switch to another OS (8 or 10) but they are never as easy to use. I really the faster booting. It is considerably quicker than the old OS we used.

What do you dislike?

As the OS gets older, it becomes less relevant. I can get most of the software I need but I have noticed certain newer platforms are not compatible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good OS for just about everything you need.

As the OS for all our desktops, it is good to have consistency across the office. I appreciate being to network and share drives and folders.

Windows 7 review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Windows 7 -proven reliability"

What do you like best?

The familiarity of the platform and the peace of mind knowing that it is a vetted and dependable OS for data driven/oriented enterprises.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that Windows Update requires me to shut down and sometimes will require an extended amount of time to reboot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 is the best so far. Windows 8 works great for touchscreen applications but is terrible for traditional PC use. The jury is still out on Windows 10.

The reliability and versatility of the OS are necessary for enterprises that require and depend upon data. I depend on the platform to provide a stable work space for analysis and collection of data. I am able to consistently meet deadlines as a result.

Windows 7 review by Ankit Kumar S.
Ankit Kumar S.

"Windows 7 - Must have OS, so far the best OS from MS"

What do you like best?

Very fast and easy to use. Unlike Windows XP that had features all over the place, Windows 7 groups everything you are looking for in the Action Center.

What do you dislike?

Confusion between 32 and 64 bit. Based on this some old softwares do not work and also some drivers are difficult to find for 64 bit.

Staying on the top with latest products from Microsoft. Windows 7 is the main OS being used across the organization for client machines.

Windows 7 review by Pradeep  G.
Pradeep G.

"Most dependent software "

What do you like best?

It compatibility is the best i like. I install different software products for my network monitoring. all the softwares just works fine

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific. I don't like this software getting into end of life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a smooth going with any software you want to install, i recommend Windows 7

We use a lots of software products from cisco and and other network tools. Windows 7 is the only OS works without flaw.

Windows 7 review by Giuseppe A.
Giuseppe A.

"One of the best OS microsoft has ever made"

What do you like best?

The OS is really stable, complete, compatibile with all you need and has frequent update. I use it at work and at home and i like very much the easy of management of my pc. Years pass, but it remain a great choise.

What do you dislike?

Sometimets the confirmation question when you want to do something are boring, but i think is a security need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the only disavantage is that windows 10 is even better.

We finally have an OS stable and modern

Windows 7 review by Shawn H.
Shawn H.

"Windows 7 Isn't Needed Now"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 was a return to form for the OS and it was clearly aimed at those displeased with Windows Vista.

What do you dislike?

On the other hand, the OS didn't innovate to push itself into a more stable, secure space among the likes of Mac OSX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in business, and considering Windows for your office PCs, I would instead consider the more recent Windows 10. It's slightly different, but in a good way, and is a stable OS that is familiar, but fresh.

None

Windows 7 review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Windows 7 is a Pleasant Surprise After Windows Vista"

What do you like best?

In Windows 7, I like how much of the layout has reverted to "more XP-like" interface. If you used a computer from 2000-2006, chances are you became well acquainted with XP. If you were disappointed by Vista, Windows 7 is a welcome change if you experienced hardware and software issues.

What do you dislike?

Every time you make changes to your computer, the warning/approval windows will still pop up. They can be disabled so there will not be constant distractions in the middle of what you are trying to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like Windows XP, you will probably like Windows 7. If you didn't like Windows Vista, you will probably like Windows 7 better.

Windows 7 greatly alleviated the software and hardware compatibility problems and Bluetooth issues that were rampant in Vista. I was an early adopter of Vista, and I had to uninstall it and go back to XP because there were so many compatibility, software, and hardware problems with hardware and software that I needed to use on a daily basis. Installing certain wireless printers on Vista was possible, but a nightmare with the workarounds that were required. These problems were smoothed out in Windows 7, which really made me happy. If an operating system makes common tasks more difficult I won't use. Windows 7 has given me time back that used to be spent on troubleshooting issues so I can get more done.

Windows 7 review by Shiva S.
Shiva S.

"Windows 7 Forever "

What do you like best?

- Comfortable User Interface.

- Operating System designed to work for upgrading Hardware with multiple core processor support.

- The Security issues is much better than Windows XP where Windows 7 action center offers the immediate access regarding the information of the security and maintenance of the system.

- The Communication has been improved with division of public and private networks.

- The Battery Back up is acceptable compared to other OS (LINUX , Debian OS and CentOS).

- If you are beginner then Windows 7 is really a good start.

What do you dislike?

- Command line is not user friendly interface.

- Auto install of updates will happen almost daily and its a compulsory activity. There is no option for Postpone.

- There is no multiple access of applications.

- Ease of access for virus and malware

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Windows 7 is a Beginners Guide.

- Ease to Virtual Box Setup. Switch between the Virtual OS is Easy.

- More you Use, More you Explore.

- I am Using Windows 7 from 7 years now for all my projects and my internship work.

- Since 7 years I am using Windows 7 and its very easy to handle and its handy in case of a dual boot.

- Benefits: Easy for Development, Comfortable UI, immune to detection of malware.

Windows 7 review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"Still a Win"

What do you like best?

I like that Windows 7 doesn't feel pretentious. It knows what work it needs to do and does it. I don't use a touch screen so those features of later versions don't carry any appeal with me. I was hesitant to move to Win 7 after using Vista successfully for so many years - but the move was worth it. Win 7 feels natural and has compatibility built in to run many programs that may not have been released to run on Win 7 - including some of the business software we've been reluctant to upgrade from.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Windows 7, now that I've got the settings all how I like them, is that I probably do get the "blue screen of death" maybe a little more often than I did with Vista - but that may also be due to a) it has been a long time since I last used Vista and maybe I got them just as often, and b) I think it may be caused by some software that I have not spent the time yet to track down (as it doesn't really happen all that often - and usually when it is waking up from "sleep").

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the newer versions (mostly Windows 10 now) don't appeal to you, then Win 7 might just be the thing.

I am helping my company archive important documents and artifacts. Windows 7 has been able to run all the software I need to help solve some of the problems involved in that.

Windows 7 review by Jaime L. R.
Jaime L. R.

"Slight upgrade from XP"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is nice and it has smoother graphics.

What do you dislike?

Some bugginess, needs to be updated too often

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use as a getting up to date update for XP, it has a number of advantages over windows 8 however which loses the start menu and has a strange app store which seems to only have OK options. Windows 8 seems to be more for people who are doing personal things with their device. On the other hand Windows 7 seems to have been designed with the professional user in mind and is designed to make the professional user's life easier.

it does split screen with windows + left or right nicely

Windows 7 review by User in Financial Services

"For business - GOLDEN"

What do you like best?

I love how straightforward the software. It really doesn't have very many bells and whistles like a Mac OS does, which makes it easy for users of all skill sets to maneuver.

What do you dislike?

I do not at all like how easily a system can freeze or lag or just shut down on me. I think there are other OSs out there that do a better job at this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For personal uses, there may be more appealing options for an OS, but for business, I would advise to stick to this OS, for business software support and ease of use purposes.

Exciting basic business functions and supporting most business software.

Windows 7 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"I install it, I use it daily and give support in its handling"

What do you like best?

It is compatible with all applications and drivers, it is stable, easy to install and repair.

What do you dislike?

it is slow to load, and when you install it, many windows updates are synchronized, and it takes a long time, which slows down the start-up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

excelente sistema operativo y compatible con la mayoria de las aplicaciones y controladores de dispositivos, celulares, impresoras, etc.

update of machines for compatibility with new versions of applications and devices. And the users can work.

Windows 7 review by Bethanne S.
Bethanne S.

"Windows 7 = great "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and navigate through, great support if needed. Has everything we need for our daily needs as a business

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Great program and has everything needed for operations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all of the features and you will get the most out of the program. Contact support if needed, they are great with helping their cusotmers

None. Using it as daily operations but seems like a great program and would reccommend it

Windows 7 review by Caitlin N.
Caitlin N.

"Friendly interface"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is very intuitive and easy to ise

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don’t like about windows 7

Windows 7 provides an easy to use business platform for everything from surfing the web to word processing

Windows 7 review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Windows 7 Professional"

What do you like best?

Everything - very stable operating system. From its ease of us and ease of navigation, it is a very dependable system.

What do you dislike?

I have no real complaints about Windows 7 except for the need to use Windows Update to find some printer drivers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stil highly recommend it - especially for home use.

Still quite capable to run most if not all of our applications. Older computers have been updated to make further use of with the installation of Windows 7.

Windows 7 review by Tran P.
Tran P.

"A stable Windows platform despite the end of support lifecycle"

What do you like best?

Its stability. I used to support multiple windows 7 environments and likely didn't have big issues

What do you dislike?

Its support lifecycle is going to the end so the users of the platform have to support the issues by themselves

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have much concern about vendor support, as well as wide range of compatibility, then Windows 7 is such a lightweight, simple-to-use and stable platform for consumer users

a stable, easy to deploy and manage platform for enterprise users. Windows 7 platform helps system administrators being more productive by reducing helpdesk overhead

Windows 7 review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Windows 7 is great for me"

What do you like best?

I don't mind change but when it comes to my desktop I like to stick to the basics and things to be as user friendly as possible. I love that Windows 7 is easy to use and still similar to previous versions.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the dark coloring (might be able to change it) but other than that I like all other features. I basically refuse to upgrade because I enjoy it so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say yes use it. I know there are upgrades but if you feel like you aren't that comfortable with change then stick to Windows 7!! Last of the best!

I have realized the benefits of windows 7 for me are ease of access. I can easily access things and don't have to go searching far into folders and files when trying to figure out how to use features.

Windows 7 review by Billy L.
Billy L.

"Windows 7 is tough to beat"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 was a modern day Windows XP - It just worked. Easy to use, nice flow and the menus made sense. Very stable imo.

What do you dislike?

Very little dislikes here. From a business and personal view it was a great OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an odd question since Windows 7 is end-of-life and Windows 10 is here.

Buying a computer and not being able to re-use licenses due to OEM restrictions is frustrating. After all, I did pay for it.

Windows 7 review by Gilles S.
Gilles S.

"Duel Boot a Mac, Perfect & simple Duel Boot OS"

What do you like best?

It has all of the good ol' elements of the Windows I've become accustomed too, but has the sleek UI and functionality of a contemporary OS.

What do you dislike?

It still is very boxy. As a sucker for aesthetics, I do really appreciate having a default OS that is a bit more floaty, that allows for intuitive switching between programs, windows tends to make you have a clunky way of going between programs. Especially with dragging and dropping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really do your pros and cons with it's surrounding Windows relatives, Windows seven absolutely does the trick way more than it's brothers and sisters.

Being a freelance illustrator, a lot of simple and perfect programs come in .exe, or are not compatible with MAC OS'.

Also, during my freetime, I do enjoy playing games, and A windows or Linux OS are way more functional for that.

Windows 7 review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"Windows 7 for government work"

What do you like best?

I really like not having the interface of the newer Windows 8 which isn't as user friendly, especially if you don't have a touchscreen computer. Windows 7 is traditional and easy to use everyday.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about Windows 7. The updates aren't very frequent but when there are some. They do tend to take awhile.

Utilizing many expansive softwares for design and analyzing tasks.

Windows 7 review by Administrator

"It's fair for home use."

What do you like best?

The smooth interface is aesthetically pleasing, and entirely enjoyable. The management is fairly easy, though not as open as XP. As well, the interface has open customization as it is on most Windows OS'.

What do you dislike?

How it's designed more for safety. I am a tech geek, so I like everything to be open and available to work on. This OS was created as if to feign the appearance of being open for Dev work, but there are plenty of hoops to jump through to get where I need to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go and get it! If it's for typical use, it's smooth, pretty, and runs well under average processor speeds.

I've realized, everything that has a CPU is perfect for me. There's nothing I can't work on, even just in the spare time between classes and doing surveys for extra money.

Windows 7 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The Best OS of all Time"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is the undisputed champ of the workplace. Even as a home macOS user, I cringe when I see an MAC inside an office. Until Microsoft stops supporting it with security updates, this OS isn't going anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I'm pretty sad Microsoft will be retiring Windows 7 soon. It might go down as the best in history.

We use it for all our desktops in our office and will continue to use it until support expires.

Windows 7 review by Joseph R. S.
Joseph R. S.

"Great OS and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 was a huge improvement over Vista in that it decreased the number of notifications and is much faster.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I am a fan of Windows 10 and all of it's features, but Windows 7 is a great platform with very few flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn to use the program and understand what you want out of it. It is very useful in the sense of organization and it is very user friendly.

The problems I am solving involve organization of documents and images which has been a huge benefit of using Windows 7

Windows 7 review by Kyle Q.
Kyle Q.

"ONE OF THE BETTER OPERATING SYSTEMS SINCE WINDOWS XP!"

What do you like best?

- Very simple to use and is very responsive.

- GUI is one of the easiest and elegant on any Windows Operating System to date.

- The support for applications are amazing.

- Drivers for Nvidia and AMD are spot on.

- Easy to modify your system with RAM or GPU/CPU upgrades.

- Windows just works out of the box, pop in a movie and your set.

- Able to customize the entire experience and can easily setup across three monitors for a great work space experience.

What do you dislike?

- Some graphical issues on my AMD R7 260X GPU, but my older Nvidia GT Card was great when it came to some games.

- There is more of a threat to average users to be affected by viruses or spyware due to the large amount of Windows users, however, if you use even Windows Defender, it will protect your machine.

- Default browser is set with Internet Explorer, but I use Chrome and Firefox with no worries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use Operating System, with the great support and 'Plug and Play' idea of customizing your personal computer. Even though I am primarily a Ubuntu user, I use Windows just the same for a lot of my graphic intensive applications.

Finding a business alternative for Ubuntu to help provide tests for more of our client base for our software releases. Also helps minimize upkeep on

Windows 7 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very stable Windows operating system"

What do you like best?

It has a high level of ease of use for all level of users. It has very stable functionality where it basically never breaks without an associated hardware failure.

What do you dislike?

It has become out of date and is near end of life. It has been superseded by better operating systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have a very old device, please use Windows 10. It is the next generation of stable operating systems and provides far more advanced features. It is also easy to use.

Enterprise level usage and administration. Several thousand of our client's workstations and laptops use this operating system. It's stable and very easy to manage en mass.

Windows 7 review by Stefany M.
Stefany M.

"Classic OS"

What do you like best?

Simple but it works - later versions of Windows add complexity for complexity's sake.

What do you dislike?

Not the newest - not as many bells and whistles as Windows 8 and 10- possibly compatibility issues with newer software.

This is the standard for the US Army, so I don't really have a choice as to which OS I choose, but it works with my needs.

Windows 7 review by Seetal M.
Seetal M.

"Windows 7"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user interface, feel that it really is simple to use. I did recently upgrade to 10 and sometimes miss 7.

What do you dislike?

nothing, although I do feel that graphics can be improved.

Not necessarily solving business problem by using Windows 7 OP, but without a reliable OP, would not be able to have functionality needed to support the various programs required to conduct work on a daily basis. I appreciate that Windows functions seamlessly with many other software, does not pose the same interface issues that many iOS users have.

Windows 7 review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Stable O/S for Business environment"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 stands as the most stable O/S we have found. It provides us with alot more plug and play then prior O/S by Microsoft.

What do you dislike?

The O/S only dislike is the disk storage requirement for the new Windows updates as they are installed on the workstations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a business stable O/S Windows 7 can't be beat. We don't use any touch screen technology so Windows 7 is sufficient for our business needs.

We are solving our old XP environment which had alot more software gliches and failures. Windows 7 runs very smoothly for us.

Windows 7 review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Windows 7 just works, and I don't have to think about it."

What do you like best?

It has a number of foolproof applications built in and integrates easily with most anything on the market. It seldom crashes, and it seems secure.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the system forces updates before it will shut down completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Windows 7 has been replaced by newer operating systems in the PC market, it is accepted as the standard for business use and remains perhaps the best choice for reliability and universal compatibility.

The system works reliably almost every day and maintains employee productivity. Staff are all able to use the same applications, and the integrated Microsoft Outlook/Exchange makes it easy for us to communicate and share calendars and contacts.

Windows 7 review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"The last likable operating system produced by Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 combines the ease of use of XP with an aesthetic that is much more appealing that its predecessors.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the operating system can get glitchy when there are pending updates. I feel as though it is a ploy to make you do the updates. I also don't like how Microsoft keeps using the notifications built into the operating system to harass the user into updating to Windows 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 is the last good operating system that Microsoft may ever produce.

I teach in a computer lab and the system has been extremely stable since we've updated the hardware and installed Windows 7.

Windows 7 review by Alec B.
Alec B.

"A Solid Operating System "

What do you like best?

It is fast, looks nice and has the start menu. Overall, windows 7 is a fine Operating system. Still being updated even though Windows 10 is on the horizon so security updates are still constant. It has great firewall naturally, so unless you spend time on shady sites, anti-virus is more of a insurance policy.

What do you dislike?

While fast, it does use more resources than Windows 8. Because of that, it uses more hard disk space and can make a system run slower. If you are going for speed, it would be better to get Windows 8.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to others. Maybe not as much as Windows 8, but still a very good Operating System.

I do not use it anymore, but when I did, it was helpful in doing everyday tasks as it is an Operating System. It was on my old laptop and I used that for everything until I finally had access to a desktop.

Windows 7 review by Mary B.
Mary B.

"Easy to naviagte"

What do you like best?

My company just updated to Windows 10 and I long to go back. Windows 7 is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything I disliked about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're debating whether or not to stay with 7 or upgrade to 10, I'd suggest staying at 10. 7 is intuitive, nothing is difficult to access. It's a solid program.

This program provided an easy platform for daily work.

Windows 7 review by Gustavo M.
Gustavo M.

"It's a good OS"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user interface because it's easy to use such as every Windows OS for PC is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some errors and I really dislike when the programs stop working and I have to finish the task from the task manager. Those bugs definitely make me angry.

People has an interactive OS that let them work easily.

Windows 7 review by Siva S. P.
Siva S. P.

"More stable and excellent operting system"

What do you like best?

This operating system supports lots of application. This is the most stable operating system of Microsoft I ever use.

This is very user friendly and the window defender works great.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the updates are fails to install.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. This is the best operating system and user friendly

This operating system helps to operate lots of applications and east to complete the task.

Windows 7 review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Windows 7 - A great OS for any skill level"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of navigation. This operating system is familiar enough for anyone with prior Windows experience, but the updated taskbar and the fact that it supports touch screen software are really great updates that keep the OS fresh.

What do you dislike?

Upgrading from an older version of Windows used to be really simple. Upgrading to Windows 7 isn't hard, but it's definitely more cumbersome than previous versions of Windows were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows 7 is a solid operating system. Easy to navigate, easy to use, and quick startup and navigation.

Once XP was no longer supported, our office upgraded to Windows 7. The quick start up, quick and simple navigation, and better compatibility with newer software made things much smoother and efficient.

Windows 7 review by Hailey T.
Hailey T.

"Fast and efficient "

What do you like best?

It's really user friendly and intuitive. All the programs are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much - Iv'e been using Windows for years and it's what I am used to, so any new update that comes through seems to make all the functions better and better.

Staying organized as a team across many different offices and time zones, Windows 7 allows us to stay connected and organized.

Windows 7 review by Grant L.
Grant L.

"Best OS ever"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is the best of the best of OS', I used Microsoft Windows from the original 3.1 to windows 10. I recommend this is the most stable OS

What do you dislike?

Worst thing sometimes it does take a big portion of your HDD so make sure your HDD has enough hard drive space

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything from office suite to email to simply web surfing

Windows 7 review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"Old Faithful"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is easy to use, offers everything we need to support our clients and is easy to update.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it works really well for us. I have never had an issue with using Windows 7 at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Base future OS integrations off of this

None

Windows 7 review by Denis G.
Denis G.

"Windows is the best operating system out there"

What do you like best?

The easy of use and the variety of programs you can use with wkndows

What do you dislike?

So far I've enjoyed everything Windows has offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed when using Windows 7

We are implementing all of our computers with Windows 7 and it seems like most of our employees like using it because is user friendly

Windows 7 review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Used daily"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Pinning programs to the program bar is great.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It is a simply, straightforward, and reliable system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely worth the money. Always reliable and easy to use.

Notes is an excellent program to utilize. Helps keep me organized.

Windows 7 review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Great operating system"

What do you like best?

Windows is a great system. I like how it can be used across the board on most hardware.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little more security built in.

We use it for day to day functions of the district.

Windows 7 review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Reason it;s standard"

What do you like best?

It has been pretty robust and the longevity of this product should be praised

What do you dislike?

The updates at times can screw with many things within your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although I indicated that Windows 7 is headed in the right direction, it is only because Windows 10 is already out. Although Windows 7 is a solid OS, eventually, Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 and might as well get a jump start on Windows 10 and start adapting to the new OS

Being able to be flexible and attack issues from many different angles

Windows 7 review by Jillian J.
Jillian J.

"I loved Windows 7. It was much better than Windows 10."

What do you like best?

I never had any issues with Windows 7, unlike I do with Windows 10. Everything ran very smoothly and was easy to figure out and make changes to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I was forced to switch to Windows 10. I miss Windows 7.

It's the easiest and best of the Windows OS.

Windows 7 review by Executive Sponsor in Higher Education
Executive Sponsor in Higher Education

"Good for every day use"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is easy to navigate and I'm able to customize the tool bars to my liking.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are not useful to my position and tend to crowd the workspace.

I use Windows 7 in my daily work flow and could not operate my computer software without it.

Windows 7 review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Windows 7 is solid!"

What do you like best?

Proven, solid, and works well for professional software development.

What do you dislike?

At times, the memory management isn't the best and rogue apps can crash the system.

Windows is obviously the most widely-used OS and is a must for a professional software shop.

Windows 7 review by Teresa G.
Teresa G.

"This is my favorite Windows Version"

What do you like best?

It is simple and streamlined. I love it and hate the direction 10 is going.

What do you dislike?

Nothing...the only thing I dislike is that one day we will have to replace it with windows 10 or other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

It is on all our computers at my organization and works well

Windows 7 review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Working with Windows 7"

What do you like best?

The intuitive functionality helps with users who are unfamiliar with the product.

What do you dislike?

There was not a huge difference from XP to Windows 7, so I would have liked to see a more well developed design structure for those who are more advanced in usage.

There are much less issues with Windows 7 than with previous versions, and that has helped me to explain the system to those who have not grown up since birth on a Windows platform. Most older generational users can figure things out themselves.

Windows 7 review by David K. L.
David K. L.

"Would not have purchased this unless I had to."

What do you like best?

The ONLY reason why I use Windows 7 is because all the major video games are on Windows and are not supported on Macs. Even the games that are supported on Macs often are released much later than the Windows counterpart.

Okay, one thing that is good about Windows 7 is the flat UI. In an age when most were making 3D interfaces, Windows went ahead and made everything flat. It turned out to be a good move because Apple later copied this and made things flat as well.

What do you dislike?

I wanted to like Windows 7, I swear. I even paid full price for it when it was released. AND I run it on my MacBook Pro. But after two years of using it, I'm still confused on how to find basic settings.

It's extremely confusing why there are two different views for every app you have - full screen and full screen desktop. I understand why Microsoft did this, to make it work seamlessly between mobile, tablets, and desktop, but in reality, it just doesn't work. Who uses a Surface anyway?

The only benefits are compatibility with most major software. But that gap is shrinking every day.

Windows 7 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Windows 7 - 5 + year business user"

What do you like best?

Windows 7 is the best iteration of Windows. Smooth, intuitive and stable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. If you use Windows for business, it is the OS to use. I have had some issues, but I honestly think it is hardware related, not the OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, stable. Very rarely crashes.

All my business problems. I use my PC for everything.

"Windows 7"

What do you like best?

I've always been an Apple IOS user throughout college and my 9 years as a librarian, so I've only recently been getting more familiar with Windows. So far the experience is positive.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it's difficult to figure out where certain downloaded files ended up. This is most likely user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a PC user, I think Windows is a good choice for business.

We use Windows at my current employer. It seems to work well with Salesforce, google products, and out internal systems pretty well.

Windows 7 review by Glenn G.
Glenn G.

"Use is simple"

What do you like best?

Easy user face that makes tracking documents easy and simple.

What do you dislike?

Crashes at times when linked with office network

Fighting crime in a prosecutors' office. Windows 7 makes it easier to track and prepare cases.

Windows 7 review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Very good in comparison to previous versions"

What do you like best?

it is easy to use, and it's the best windows after XP launched, which is a lot

What do you dislike?

when I have to compare it with other Windows platforms, there's nothing to dislike on this one

Recommendations to others considering the product

just go ahead, and wait for W10 to be more stable or a future better version

it allows you to do whatever you need, as long as you have the proper version

Windows 7 review by Mario N.
Mario N.

"My current OS, would not want to change it"

What do you like best?

User friendly and simple, allows me to do my work without any fuss

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of the blue screen of death, still happens sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you already know from other versions, works similarly

allows me to use the internet and Microsoft software for work