Windows 7

Windows 7 is your PC simplified. Enjoy your media wherever you want, stay productive with the smart new desktop, get creative with Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Work for Windows 7?

Learning about Windows 7?

Windows 7 Reviews

Showing 227 Windows 7 reviews
Windows 7 review by <span>Cesar G.</span>
Cesar G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Among the advantages that will be considered Windows 7's own over other systems are:

Greater synchronization between the user and the computer, thanks to the support of multitouch screens and the voice recognition tool.

It will occupy less memory, both its new kernel and the Operating System itself.

It will support several platforms of prcesadores: 32 and 64 bits.

It is an open Operating System; will be available to any market or use depending on the user's need (Home, education, trade).

You will save energy because it does not require so much hardware support or integration of so many components.

Hardware development companies can boost the trade of their products, a vivid example is the Dell company that will launch the Windows 7 with its touch screen as there will be an operating system that supports it.

What do you dislike?

It will not bring support or compatibility with obsolete technology drivers and devices

It would not be a total innovation, due to having features of other operating systems, such as the micro-kernel that is already part of the Mac OS Tiger and also took part of the graphic interface of it.

It would bring economic disadvantages in case there are no updates of Windows XP or Vista as it would involve the renewal of the operating system installed on most of the computers of the companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compatibility: According to some data Windows 7 supports up to 80,000 compatible connectivity devices which means that you have a 90% chance of finding a device that can connect to it, in Windows Vista this issue of compatibility was a pain of head for the Pcs sellers.

Some of the features of Windows 7 can be improvements in handwriting recognition, support for virtual hard drives, improved performance in multi-core processors, better boot performance and some advantages and disadvantages are that there are users who decide to continue with the old one Xp version, others take advantage of the news of the stormy Vista.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows 7
Windows 7 review by <span>Joyce O.</span>
Joyce O.

Great!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The security and reliability has improved immensely. It is much more stable that Windows XP. The Internet Explorer- IE8 is so much better than IE7. There are fewer problems on Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Not many might know this, but the interface on Windows 7 is much better- Aero glass/aero peek and aero shake. All in all, it is quite the upgrade from Windows XP. I am a very happy user!

What do you dislike?

Compatibility- if you were a user of Windows Vista, the drivers are going to take a bit to come out and be able to update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Windows 7 to anyone seeking an operating system that is easy, user-friendly. You will definitely not be disappointed.

Performance wise- it is much faster and reliable than the past editions- XP and Vista. I am able to work on all my software and programs without any problems. I have realized that Windows 7 is the way to go.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Windows 7 review by <span>Jan Marie A.</span>
Jan Marie A.

Windows 7 is a 7

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Windows 7 is an improvement on its predecessors. They seem to have cleaned it up a bit and made it easier to use, which I appreciate. It's not perfect, but coming from someone who used to "hate Windows", it's surprisingly decent.

What do you dislike?

I prefer to use a Mac or Linux machine as I feel like I have more control over the system than I do with windows. I sometimes feel like the things I want to do are buried so far under the UI in Windows that I can't get to them. (Using a Command Window helps sometimes.) When I'm using a Mac or Linux I feel like I can sudo my way anywhere I want. I also worry about security vulnerabilities when viruses and things are going around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use Windows, Windows 7 is a great choice. It's much less clunky than older versions and it's not trying too hard the way Vista was. I have no complaints about the OS. Microsoft has a lot of support available which is helpful.

Windows is the OS used by about half our team members (with the other half using Macs). Since it's an operating system I don't feel like it's targeting a specific "business problem" as much as it's a framework in which we can approach all the problems.

Windows 7 review by <span>Nicoli T.</span>
Nicoli T.

Easy to use

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

If you liked XP, then 7 is for you. This is an updated version of XP and is very stable and easy to use. Several features are similar to XP, so there is little down time for learning. You will want to make sure all your hardware can handle this program before installation, further check current add-on software to ensure compatibility.

What do you dislike?

I have tried both Win 7 and 8 and can tell you 7 is a far better system to use. It is very compatible with software installations and older hardware. I am sad to see this system become obsolete. I tried the upgrade to Win 10, but many of the software programs i use are not compatible with Win 10, so i came back to Win 7 very easily. Windows does a great job of making any transition simple and easy. Make sure you check out if your hardware can handle this software before installation. Some printers are not compatible with Win 10, so individuals using Win 10 may want to consider either upgrading their printers or not upgrading the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an upgraded version of XP. It should be compatible with most current software and several older software programs or hardwares.

I tried the free update to Win 10 and found many of the programs i needed to run would not run properly on Win 10. I reverted to Win 7 for the reliability of the software.

Windows 7 review by <span>Keene M.</span>
Keene M.

Fairly good.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Its really hard to review an operating system, In the mainstream, there are not many alternatives - various low usage unix and linux variants, iOS, and Windows. What do I like best about Windows? Well, I'm familiar with it, I know how to use it, it has lots of great features that I use a whole lot. The interface is good, its all manageable, and its popular!

What do you dislike?

On a technical level, I really dislike the way that the hardware is so tightly integrated with the OS - this causes challenges that are hard to overcome. I also really dislike that the settings held within the control panel don't integrate with 3rd party tools as well as they might. An example might be changing default browsers, editors etc. Sometimes you have to browse to the executable to find the thing you are looking for. I know its a little nit picky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to Windows 10 instead - but only because its a natural progression. It is easy to use though.

Enterprise OS platform. People are familiar with it, they know how to get around and use the features, and they are used to to too. We don't have an Apple architecture in place, or a unix one, so this, by default is the go-to.

Windows 7 review by User in Internet
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Everything. I think it is an excellent Operating System from Windows. The most important thing I like about it is the ease of use. Even my mother can use it who has very limited knowledge about computers. She cannot use a Mac but Windows 7 is the thing for her. Any later versions of Windows is difficult to use or move to. Usability and most features from an OS is there in this version of Windows.

What do you dislike?

Command line functionality could be improved something similar to Mac. There are some security concerns that come with this too. Viruses can easily infect this version compared to my mac OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is by far the best OS from WIndows. People who are using Mac can still try to use this instead of using the latest versions of Windows.

Using Windows 7 for software development at work.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Windows 7?

* We monitor all Windows 7 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.