Windows Live Writer

Create stunning blog posts in minutes, with photos, videos, maps, and more. Then publish them to any of your favorite blog service providers.

Work for Windows Live Writer?
Docsmore csm  2x

Learning about Windows Live Writer?

Windows Live Writer Reviews

Showing 26 Windows Live Writer reviews
Windows Live Writer review by <span>Sarneet C.</span>
Sarneet C.

Its like using MS Word for Blogging

What do you like best?

The selling point of WLW is definitely the ease of use. Setting up of your blog in WLW is a breeze. For non tech oriented guys, with a passion to write but lack the skills to make their own jekyll blog, this thing is a boon. At the time i used it, i immediately fell in love with it. just type the content as you want it to appear on your blog with all the word formatting options at your hand, save and publish. Being able to spell check is a great advantage.

What do you dislike?

It is too simple for my taste. It must also be able to edit blog settings from within the app instead of opening a web page to the provider's dashboard. This can be done for popular services like wordpress. Also, there should be some sort of metrics for content quality management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to code your way to a blog, just create a wordpress blog and use livewriter for creating posts without worrying about technicalities.

I use it generally when i have to embed pictures and other multimedia content and dont wanna spend time formatting. In case of no internet connection, i could still write my ideas and then publish later.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows Live Writer
Windows Live Writer review by <span>Giridhur S.</span>
Giridhur S.

Old but Gold

What do you like best?

Offline Editing. Image fixing ( Crop, change brightness, contrast etc.) Easy to insert map snippets.

This is the WYSIWYG blog writer application I have come across in a while. This is very lay-user friendly, and easy to use

What do you dislike?

The program cannot be installed on Windows 10 and Microsoft has discontinued its support. I prefer using Wordpress editor to write blog posts than use this tool.

There are a lot of things I don't like about this tool. I hate the fact that this tool is over 5 years old, and does not have support for things that are common place now, GIFs and such. I would prefer Markdown Editors over this when it comes to blogging, and there is no scope to attach

Recommendations to others considering the product

This doesn't work in Windows 10 anymore. Being honest, I should tell you to switch to other software, that have the same features.

All that said, if you want a truly windows experience while typing and if you enjoyed typing in Wordpad, then this is the product for you.

I was writing a blog for my old hobby club, in the times of Google Blogspot, I used Windows Live Writer to publish to the website. We recently shifted to Wordpress, since that has a good user community and easy to get support.

Windows Live Writer was helping me publish a blog with intermittent internet. And it worked on Windows XP. So, that accessibility helped me stick with it for a long long time, until we finally decided to switch over to Wordpress

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

Windows Live Writer review by <span>OLIVIA P.</span>
OLIVIA P.

Great for bloggers!

What do you like best?

This product is great for help with blog formatting. I had trouble on Blogger with formatting and my post getting lost and not posted. I started looking for a solution and came across Window Live Writer. I started using Windows Live Writer each step of the way; composing, formatting, even publishing.

What do you dislike?

I do not have dislikes. This program has changed my whole process of blogging, in a great way!

There is some incapability with Mac computers, but it does not matter to me since I have an HP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this program to bloggers who want to enhance their blogging process.

I run a blog and need to be confident and reassured that my content and post will be posted just as I intended. This product allows me to do just that. You can also use Windows Live Writer offline, which can come in handy at times.

Windows Live Writer review by <span>Thejdeep G.</span>
Thejdeep G.

Windows Live Writer : A Review

What do you like best?

- Support for multiple blogs. Also support multiple platforms

- Have an exact preview of the blog post before publishing

- WYSIWYG

- Features that allow to edit images

- Work offline by writing and saving local drafts of publishable material

- Lot of keyboard shortcuts allow you to work with ease and without leaving the keyboard

What do you dislike?

- Development has stopped. No support is issued now

- Formatting issues when text is copied and pasted from other word processing applications

- Prone to crashing, although there has been a slight improvement over the years

- Support for only Windows PC's and not Linux or OSX.

- Missing features such as bad spell check and absence of Find and Replace

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best blogging softwares on the Windows platform. This is such an amazing tool that Microsoft decided to revive after making it open-source.

There are a lot of advantages that make this an easy-pick against all the other blogging solutions :

- Blog post scheduling works fine

- Automatic linking of posts to begin with

A lot more features make this the ideal platform for blogging. And its free.

Blogging technology posts right from the desktop has been such a relief. Great integration. I've been using Windows Live Writer for the past few years. The reason I started using WLW was because I was having a lot of issues with Blogger such as formatting issues amongst the many. Also Blogger is known for not publishing scheduled posts on time and losing posts altogether.

Windows Live Writer review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

It makes blogging easier!

What do you like best?

I am able to blog anywhere, even on my phone. It makes my ability to put that thought down as it happens. Laptops and Desktops don't always allow for that...I love this on my phone. I use it anywhere I can, now.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is bad about this product as I can tell, it makes writing simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it simply by the accessibility on the phone, laptop, and destop. This makes writing in the moment happen easily. It's simple to use and share. It sets your page up for many options too!

Working more outdoors allows me to be more creative than sitting in front of a computer or laptop all day. I am able to fix things inside, if necessary, on my destop or laptop when I am able. But, while I am in the moment, it is nice to be able to write it down immediately...and share! I love to blog and read blogs.

Windows Live Writer review by <span>Vincent S.</span>
Vincent S.

Great product love it

What do you like best?

how easy it is to use. how i can keep in contact with my direct reports and do my work on the go. I also have used this at my home as well because of how much i use it at the office

What do you dislike?

that i cant do more with this product. other wise there is nothing that i dont like

Recommendations to others considering the product

get this product, it will make work easier and better. I relly like using this product. I even use windows live at home. I wish i used this in the past.. I have told a lot of people about this product.

my day has gotten much easier. I am able to do more with less time . i can stay in contact with my dieect reports.

Learning about Windows Live Writer?

* We monitor all Windows Live Writer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.