Windows Movie Maker

With Windows Movie Maker, you can quickly turn your photos and videos into polished movies.

Work for Windows Movie Maker?

Learning about Movie Maker?

Windows Movie Maker Reviews

Showing 72 Movie Maker reviews
Movie Maker review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Okay, but not great!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use that goes along with this user interface! It is very easy to learn and allows almost anyone the ability to jump right in and go! This program offers some good motion effects for a slideshow, and allows you to do some good timing cuts for video and audio transitions. There are great video transitions to add some professionalism or even just some fun to your project.

What do you dislike?

Not enough effect control! There are basically NO real video effects in this program... They have some overlays, and filters that you can use, but it does not allow you to do anything really quality as far as video editing goes. This is the program for simple presentation and slideshows, not for video/movie making.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember, if you are looking for a video editing software, this is not it. This is simple cut, drag, paste, add transitions kind of work. It will do great for a presentation or slideshows you would like to create, but it will not be the one you want to make an actual film or quality videos. If you like the user interface of it, try teaming it up with other video editors to give you a better chance at reaching your vision with your project! I have connected it with all of the Microsoft office programs, VSDC, Pinnacle Pro, and iMovie to create better looking projects with the same easy interface!

Running event slides, interview videos with music tracks, Picture slideshows with transitions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows Movie Maker
Movie Maker review by Hugo L.
Hugo L.

"Become a professional of video editing"

What do you like best?

I have been using this software for quite a long time and the thing I like the most is how simple it is to use. The coolest thing is that I can get titles, subtitles and even give credits to my video work with just one click, YES! ONE CLICK! One more thing is that making your videos more exciting is as easy as adding songs to any of the frames you have so that you can give different types of moods to different parts of your video. This software is very complete.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that can be a pain in the neck is that if you're working with a long video, and you want to give different types of effects to different parts of this video, then you have to cut out the parts of that same video you need to change, and later, you need to apply the type of effect you want to each of these pieces of videos separately, and then save them like different files. After all that, you need to join them together. It would be lovely that there was an option to achieve this without so much work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, Movie Maker is one of the best and free editing resources you´ll find for your videos, as you can apply a wide variety of effects and sound with ease.

I can make most of the video editing process for my business with Movie Maker. This means that if a client wants his or her video to be edited and improved with an HQ quality, or make the video as if it was a black-and-white movie, then I can easily achieve all of this with Windows Movie Maker, and in a few minutes.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Movie Maker review by Karla Adriana R.
Karla Adriana R.

"This is a software that lets you perform basic but professional editing on your videos"

What do you like best?

I make videos and brochures for a living, and one of the tolos I frequently use is Windows Movie Maker. There are two things I like about this software: first and foremost, is really easy to use: you can find all of the features easily on the user panel and add them with only one click, which is a pretty cool feature. The other thing I like is that adding music, credits, black and white effects, and many more additions to make your video creation more beautiful is also a piece of cake.

What do you dislike?

Although this software makes a decent job, it has its cons. For example, I don´t like that there aren´t any options to directly add text to a piece of video, and it´s even worse that you cannot export your own custom font styles into the software. It would be a great and awesome addition if there was on option inside Movie Maker that allowed users to drag and drop text, images and any other objects that made video creation and editing more sophisticated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Movie Maker will give you the ability to make your videos more sophisticated and will make them look more professiona.

When a customer asks me if I can finish editing any of the videos they´ll use for parties, proms, speeches, etc., I agree because I know I can get the job done with Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker gives me the ability to give more life to videos by adding musical pieces; it also gives me the ability to make them more sophisticated by adding the director´s name and credits. These are some of the business benefits I get from Movie Maker: I make my clients happy.

Movie Maker review by Jacinto V.
Jacinto V.

"I create subliminal videos with Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

I like that Windows Movie Maker makes my life easier and helps me earn a few extra dollars. And how? Well, as it´s super easy to use, I only have to drag and drop a video (with no audio) inside the panel of Movie Maker. After this, I just add a few special effects from the upper menu, and finally, I add audio (that contains subliminal affirmations) in an easy way by using again the drag-and-drop function that this software allows. Everything I´ve just said is what I like about Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

It gets to be somewhat annoying that after I use the software many times in a row, it becomes really slow. Let me give you an example: if I´ve edited around 10 videos in a row, then when I want to edit video 11, the software starts freezing, and when it finally starts working, it takes centuries for the video to be saved and downloaded successfully. I don´t know why this happens, but it would be great if Microsoft could check this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Movie Maker allows you to edit and mix videos in an easy way. Be aware that this software is easy to use, but it also has simple and awesome functions, so don´t expect anything super sophisticated.

This is an excellent question, and it has a simple and short answer: I make and edit videos with it, so that I can sell them and earn money. My industry is the freelance world for music and video, thus, if there´s software that allows me to make and edit videos quickly, then this software will be one of the main tools for my business, and this is the reason why Movie Maker is a vital piece for my business that allows me to handle most of my video needs.

Movie Maker review by Marcia R.
Marcia R.

"EDIT VIDEOS FOR FREE WITH WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER"

What do you like best?

It´s a pleasure that Windows Movie Maker is really easy to use. What I mostly love about this free software is that it allows me to drag and drop pieces of videos that I have inside it, and then it lets me edit them and join them easily. I also love the upper menu that allows me to add text, music, and even effects (such as HQ video image and Black and White "textures"), by only clicking once on the desired option. I really think that editing videos is super easy when I use Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

I´m sorry to say that there are a couple things I don´t like that much: the first thing is that some short videos (less than a couple mega bytes) can delay the software, and it´ll take you a long time to finish uploading them to Windows Movie Maker. For example, sometimes, I upload a short video to edit, and it´s ready in a few seconds. But then, I upload another shorter video to edit, but this takes years to be ready. The last thing I don´t like is that the software stops working out of the blue some times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows Movie Maker is an amazing software for editing videos and create new material from existing one. However, this isn´t Photoshop or something like that, so if you need more than just basic editing, this software won´t help you much. But if you´re looking for something that´s not super sophisticated, then this might be the software for you.

I create videos for customers that contact me as a freelancer, and Windows Movie Maker does most of the job for me. What I do is that I get hundreds of free royalty videos, and then I edit them and combine them in my own unique ways, and customers that need those videos for personal or business purposes, contact me and buy them.

Movie Maker review by Carlota V.
Carlota V.

"Editing, merging and creating new films was never so easy."

What do you like best?

This software gives me the ability to combine existing mini films, and merge them in unique and pleasant way so that I can create new engaging video material, and it´s really easy: all I have to do is open the software, then drag all of the videos I want to merge into Windows Movie Maker right box, then choose a couple of effects from the upper panel, then use the cropping tool to refine my new material, and that is all, I have a new video ready to be shared: I think that Windows Movie Maker is the easiest video editing tool you´ll ever find.

What do you dislike?

I don´t know why but, sometimes, the software hinders your project as it becomes really slowly after you use it many times in a row. I´ve had this problem with different desktop computers and laptops. But to be really fair. I´ve encountered this problem with some other software, so it might not be Movie Maker´s fault. Also, the good thing is that this doesn´t happen very often. All in all, Windows Movie Maker is a great versatile tool to edit and create videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best free video – editing tool you´ll ever find, period! It has many useful features such as: merging with style and effects, special black and white effects, ability to convert your videos to a higher resolution. I´m sure that most people who edit videos will find Windows Movie Maker a very helpful tool.

Creating a new video from existing ones becomes really easy by using Windows Movie Maker. It gives me the ability to prepare, edit, and deliver videos to my audience and clients, and they really love the material I deliver. I simply thin that the best thing freelancers can do is to communicate what their service is about with an awesome and engaging video.

Movie Maker review by Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.

"Great for making slideshows"

What do you like best?

I like that it is free and comes with windows 10, and I love that I can make free slideshows for my photography business pretty easily. I can add my own music, and customize the transitions. It's pretty easy to figure out, also!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's hard to customize the title the way you want it, especially if you want to add multiple lines of texts. I have to use photoshop to make my title page instead, but it would be so much faster if I could make it in the program. I also don't like that there isn't music already loaded in, you have to go online to find your own music. I would like a small list of pre-loaded songs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great free option if you need to make a slideshow or edit a video quickly and easily. Keep in mind that you will need to provide your own music, so don't expect pre-loaded options because there isnt. But they do give you a few website options to go and find music, so that's nice.

When I need to make a slideshow of my photos for either a customer or just for me to post online, I love to use windows movie maker. It's easy to use, and it looks great and professional. There are lots of transitions to choose from so it looks really awesome. I can add my own music if I want, as well.

Movie Maker review by Karla Patricia M.
Karla Patricia M.

"Movie Maker will help you to edit your videos in a professional way."

What do you like best?

The fact that I can make any video or animation look professional in a matter of minutes is the best quality of Windows Movie Maker: its drag and drop tool enables me to drag the portions of video and image that I want to use. Moreover, Movie Maker´s crop tool allows me to cut any unwanted scene of my videos. Another exciting feature is its merging tool, as you can create a film quality intro by merging a high-quality title image with the beginning of your video. This way, your videos will always look professional.

What do you dislike?

There´s a slight issue with my Windows Movie Maker. Every time that I place an image at the end of the video, and merge it with the end of a video, the image breaks in half at the end. This happens all the time, with all the versions I´ve tried. But if you avoid merging an image with a video at the end of your scene, then you won´t have to worry about this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best advice I can gie you is that you need to solve the issue that appears when you merge images with videos. Let me be clearer with this: if you use the merging effect (for intros and outros) and you use this option when you marge the last part of the video with a new image placed at the end of the same video, the moment when the video is blurring and the image appears, you can see half of the image on the top of the screen, and half of the video on the bottom of the screen. This only happens when you use this option at the end of your work,

I solve two business problems with Windows Movie Maker: I increase my productivity and save time. I can create videos in a few minutes, due to Movie Maker´s tools, which are really easy to use. This allows me to produce more videos, in a shorter amount of time.

Movie Maker review by Dr Kelemenné Kovács C.
Dr Kelemenné Kovács C.

"Simple and free video editing!"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use, doesn't have too many features. It is okay for small tasks but don't expect too much from it.

What do you dislike?

First of all, it keeps crashing. I really need to pay attention of saving my projects in each stage, otherwise if it is crashed my project is lost. Furthermore, it doesn't have too many features, doesn't support many formats and importing can be tricky somethimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free and simple. Perfect for small tasks but for actual professional video editing choose another program.

I wanted to create a short video of all the group photos from my different courses as another marketing advert I can upload to Facebook and to the website. I managed to put photos and with effects combine them as a video, it does look okay. So for this small task it worked, but for actual video editing I would use a more professional program.

Movie Maker review by Jazzman W.
Jazzman W.

"Edita Videos gratis con Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

Windows Movie Maker es realmente fácil de usar. Lo que más me gusta de este software gratuito es que me permite arrastrar y soltar los videos que tengo dentro, y luego me permite editarlos y unirlos fácilmente. También me encanta el menú superior que me permite agregar texto, música e incluso efectos (como la imagen de video HQ y las "texturas" en blanco y negro), solo haciendo clic una vez en la opción deseada. Realmente creo que editar videos es muy fácil cuando uso Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

Hay un par de cosas que no me gustan tanto: lo primero es que algunos videos cortos (menos de un par de mega bytes) pueden retrasar el software, y te llevará mucho tiempo. para terminar de subirlos a Windows Movie Maker. Por ejemplo, a veces, cargo un video corto para editar, y está listo en unos segundos. Pero luego, cargo otro video más corto para editar, pero esto lleva mucho tiempo para estar listo. Lo último que no me gusta es que el software deja de funcionar algunas veces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows Movie Maker es un software increíble para editar videos y crear material nuevo a partir del existente. Sin embargo, esto no es Photoshop o algo así, así que si necesita algo más que una edición básica, este software no le ayudará mucho. Pero si estás buscando algo que no sea súper sofisticado, entonces este podría ser el software para ti.

Creo videos para clientes que me contactan como profesional independiente, y Windows Movie Maker hace la mayor parte del trabajo por mí. Lo que hago es que recibo cientos de videos de derechos gratuitos, y luego los edito y los combino de maneras únicas, y los clientes que los necesitan para fines personales o comerciales, me contactan y los compran.

Movie Maker review by Jayce M.
Jayce M.

"Not bad for basic video editing"

What do you like best?

I like how simple Windows Movie Maker is to use. It don't come with pre-installed with Windows 10, but I was able to quickly download and install it. The controls are pretty straightforward and remind me of the controls on other Windows software, like Microsoft Word and Excel. I like being able to add basic effects and transitions without needing to set a ton of parameters.

What do you dislike?

The software overall seems pretty dated and doesn't allow for very advance video editing. Though the controls are easy to use, I feel like there are too many features intended for novices that just want to make quick one-click type video edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to have more control over your videos, you should check out video editors from DaVinci or Adobe.

I'm able to quickly cut and piece video clips together for use online, mainly for social media. When we want to promote something on social media, posting a video usually helps to attract more viewers and conversions.

Movie Maker review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Gratifying way of making videos"

What do you like best?

Among the basic video programmers, Movie Maker has a fairly large field because it is one of the easiest to obtain and use. One of its main advantages is that if you have Microsoft XP software on your computer, the Movie Maker service is integrated and makes it much easier to obtain it, therefore, you do not need to buy the license to use it. As I have already mentioned, the most valuable benefit of this program is that you can edit and create simple videos, without being an expert in the chair, thus giving you a large number of possibilities and tools with which you can create excellent jobs that match your demands and needs, or those of the people you work with. Another important aspect is that this platform allows us to convert the original format of the video, and also, try to save as much space as possible so that it is not so heavy when it is saved, downloaded or even exported. That is why, this platform also gives you the option to split the edition of the videos so that it is more fluid, and the support of the platform provides more speed and does not present so many problems.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned before, one of the advantages of the platform over the fractioning of the files to edit is precisely because it is linked to its main disadvantage, and that is that Movie Maker support does not support very heavy files, or large files , because the platform loses fluency and quality, which is essential when editing. Another aspect, important is that it has many limitations of format, in addition to working with designs that are not as templates in the programmer, limited in turn to work with only a few other programs, and increasing the incompatibility of the program with other platforms. edition or reproduction of files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like Movie Maker to allow more freedom when designing, to add more typographies and to definitely improve the platform's support so that it can process and edit larger files without losing its fluidity.

One of the most beneficial factors of Movie Maker in the workplace is the possibility of making video presentations in record time, easy and with predesigned styles that make my work much easier and save me time. It helps my clients to better understand their completed projects and to process in a lighter and more dynamic way terms and modules that they do not handle.

Movie Maker review by Gladys Z.
Gladys Z.

"Creador de Vídeos 100% confiable"

What do you like best?

La facilidad de uso para la edición de vídeos. Estabilización. Elección de transiciones Vista previa automática de los efectos. Voiceovers y otras funciones de audio. Buenas opciones para compartir.

What do you dislike?

Sin contraste o ajustes de saturación. Los efectos no son ajustables. No hay suficiente control de efectos! Básicamente NO hay efectos de vídeo reales en este programa

Recommendations to others considering the product

El software de edición de vídeo incluido de Windows tiene que ver con la simplicidad: realmente no hay una manera más simple de combinar tus clips en películas digitales con títulos, transiciones, música de fondo y efectos.

Realizar diapositivas de eventos, vídeos de entrevistas con pistas de música, presentaciones de diapositivas con transiciones, para mostrar diseños de proyectos.

Movie Maker review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Very efficient and simple to use."

What do you like best?

I like how easy this software is and the quality of the videos created by it. Adding music and effects to videos is overall easy to implement. You can also add text to videos which can help clarify what the viewer is seeing.

What do you dislike?

There are not an excessive amount of features associated with this software. What I mean when I say this is that it is very simple. If you are looking for a more sophisticated type of software to use, or if your movie making demands are intricate, this is not the software for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely trial and error is the way to get better at using this platform. It can actually be quite fun to use.

When using this software, I was able to create videos that helped me teach and motivate students. I was also able to make videos that clarified concepts that we were working on in the classroom. I was able to teach students how to use the software which they did wonderfully. It brought joy to the classroom and the kids were doing something that they clearly enjoyed.

Movie Maker review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Windows Movie Maker - MIA and That's Too Bad!"

What do you like best?

For me Windows Movie Maker was a nice little application that I could use for some quick media file creation. I've created a number of great photo slideshows set to music for personal projects for family and friends. For some simple video edit projects, the ability to get in and out quick with an acceptable final file was very handy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's no longer available for people to use. Sadly the 8 recommendation above is useless because you can no longer get the software for installation on the latest versions of Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider something else, it's no longer available for download. I would recommend some of the online video editing tools instead.

With the popularity of video content today, you'd think Microsoft would make a simple video editing tool even more prolific and available than they even had with Windows Movie Maker. Many times small business and particularly individuals, don't have the funds available for the more involved editing programs, or the time to learn those with huge learning curves to create even the simplest results.

Movie Maker review by User in Motion Pictures and Film
User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Easy and Preferred"

What do you like best?

What I like best abut Windows Movie Maker is that it is so simple to use! It's been the standard movie editing program for me for a while now, for basic movie editing needs. There is no need for countless controls and buttons. The interface is so simple and easy to use. Easily import footage such as photos and videos, and easily edit/cut and combine them all together. Even very easy to add pre-made transitions without having to manually animate them.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose something I dislike about Windows Movie Maker, it would have to be the limit it has in output files. Unlike Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premiere, it seems as though Windows Movie Maker is more limited in the type of files you can export. Also, there isn't much more advanced filters and effects you can customize from. If you're looking to customize your own effects, then maybe Windows Movie Maker isn't right for your project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a quick and easy way to create and edit videos, I recommend Windows Movie Maker. If you need something quick and easy, this would help you save time. It's very intuitive and no need to learn or buy a new software. If you have a PC, most likely this would already be pre-installed in your computer. So not only does it save you time, but it also saves you money.

With Windows Movie Maker, I can easily create simple videos and presentations. No need to buy or download software. It is already pre-installed in my PC. And since it is so easy to use, it saves me time which is crucial in a business and helps move along the pipeline. Not only do you save time with its simplicity, but you also save money.

Movie Maker review by Hubert W.
Hubert W.

"Windows Movie Maker used to create training videos"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, ease-of-use and essentially zero-cost are the features I most enjoy. As most of the computers in the company run Windows, it makes sharing much easier than having to make different videos to suit different platforms, This saves me time as well as I only have to create one video.

What do you dislike?

As a free tool, there are many options professional editors may feel are missing or incomplete. While I did not feel as if I was missing anything, some advanced menu creation tools were not there. Additionally, the software does not include many codecs to improve compatibility out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the issue is cost, this software will satisfy that issue as there is no cost. Granted, one may need to install it and for those not tech savvy, installing Windows Essentials 2012 may be confusing. Also, if there is a need for the software, it is best to get it now as the EOL is Q1-2017.

The main problem we have in regards to training is knowledge transfer and simplifying training of processes when on-boarding new staff. We do have some videos created from other platforms but no way to share. As we are primarily a Windows shop, using Movie Maker allowed me to create training videos using Microsoft approved codecs and made it much easier to share videos with other team members. The main benefit of course is they can now get some training from the videos we've created and cost savings by not having them go to another facility or rely on other training tools.

Movie Maker review by Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.

"Windows Moviemaker Review"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Windows Moviemaker. I like that the application can be used by a beginner in video editing. This application is perfect for splicing together slideshows and putting together home movies. It's pretty cool that you can also easily share your video. Furthermore, Moviemaker is versatile in that it allows the importation and exportation of a wide variety of file types.

What do you dislike?

Even though Windows Movie Maker has a wide variety of special effects, some of them look a little tacky when implemented. Especially if you use a lot of them within a short span of one video. Also, a great feature of Windows Movie Maker is that you can add subtitles to your video. The problem is that this can become a little tedious when you have to manually put them in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend practicing with this application so that you get better at it.

I use Windows Movie Maker when I need to splice together a video on the fly and I only have a PC to work with. I also use this when I want to add subtitles to a video that is without them. Furthermore, this is a great application for separating audio from video so that you can add your own track or if the audio is off, adjust it.

Movie Maker review by Suraj S.
Suraj S.

"Best and easy software to make short movies "

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Awesome user interface.

Easy to add music, videos etc with drag and drop.

Lots of cool features like edit videos, trim videos and music, effects .

What do you dislike?

The output video formats for the video file are not many.

It cannot find the file source if you rename the folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best video editor for beginners

I use it to make and edit short videos for products and prototypes.

I use almost all the features it has to offer. And it has been a really good product.

Movie Maker review by Jenna M.
Jenna M.

"Easy for Simple Projects"

What do you like best?

Its very intuitive and pretty easy to use for someone that doesnt edit videos for a living and just wants to use it every once in a while to put together a simple slideshow or video.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features. I wish I could have multiple audio files playing on top of each other. This means I can't have background music and a voice over in the same file. Instead. I have to save the file with the audio and then re-save it again with the added voice over clip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great free product. I wish the videos could look a little more professional at times. That is my only critique.

Video is so important for digital communications these days. Video drives the most clicks and views. Now, it doesnt have to be so expensive to hire an expert to make videos for our organization. I can take a little time to do it myself.

Movie Maker review by Vytautas T.
Vytautas T.

"Movie Maker - a great tool for a quick and easy video"

What do you like best?

User friendly and intuitive. Stable. Time saving - it does not take long time to edit the video. Great software for those who would like to make a quick and easy video. It does not cost anything if the user's OS is Windows. Brilliant title of the software.

What do you dislike?

Exporting options - only a few video formats can be used when exporting. Missing a lot of video editing functionality comparing with the other video editing tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More options when exporting. Possibility to change the Movie Maker mode from "Beginner" that includes todays Movie Maker functionality to "Expert" that will offer the video editing functionality for the experienced users. Like this this tool can be used by both beginners and experienced users. Because today the experienced users try to avoid Movie Maker. "Beginner" and "Expert" Movie Maker modes could increase the target group of the Movie Maker users.

Creating the e-Learning videos for the users to know how to use the system correctly.

Movie Maker review by John H.
John H.

"Fantastic for easy video editing"

What do you like best?

I really do like the ease of the interface and the simplicity of the actions which you can implement into video editing.

It is quite basic but if all you really need to do is trim and edit together clips then it works great.

What do you dislike?

Possibly would benefit from more audio options and video editing features. However for a free windows software it ticks all the boxes for basic video editing and publishing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using windows and are requiring a simple video editing software, then this is a perfect choice. If you find that you need to do more, then obviously move up to a paid option but for the basics this fits the bill.

Where we need to edit videos or simply extract a small sections, it comes in very handy. Due to it being very clearly laid out and labeled, it does not require alot of training to get the hang of it.

Movie Maker review by Danny G.
Danny G.

"Editing movies on the cheap"

What do you like best?

The ease of use; transitions are nice; pan and zoom is fun.

What do you dislike?

Not able to throw graphics over the videos, or do a picture-in-picture

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other free options and compare the features.

I use this software a lot of cranking out videos for the Youtube channel and my friends and I started. Sure, I use other editing software too, for when I need more robust features, but WMM already does a lot of what I need a majority of the time.

Movie Maker review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Ridiculously Easy"

What do you like best?

I love movie maker. I have zero background editing videos. I can use files from my phone or my camera and upload them. I can lay over a recorded audio or song recorded with the regular voice recorder on my phone. And can add transitions just as easy as a PowerPoint. Exports into several different file types, all labeled by program. For example- YouTube channel video, face book video, emailing, etc

What do you dislike?

So far I haven’t found a lot I don’t like about the program! I wish I could edit the text a bit more (more options) but that’s about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s free and simple. Great for start up businesses. And I just downloaded some free tutorials on basic “where should a person stand, lighting, etc”

Videos sell in social media. I hate talking into a camera. So I am able to make videos without me in them (that I record myself) and then just record the audio directly over them!!

Movie Maker review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple Video Editing - But Free at a Price"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use! As it's been a mainstay of Windows for a long time now, I've come to use it for the quick and easy jobs - one which need a soundtrack replaced or needs to be a few seconds shorter. It's so quick to come up and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because it's a free tool, there are going to be limitations such as not having an extensive editing set to play with and the fact that it crashes every so often. It's not the tool designed for major video editing and I don't think it ever will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For easy and quick jobs, go to Windows Movie Maker. No cost and you don't need any prior knowledge. However, if you want something more extensive, this isn't it.

When we need something very quickly done, I usually go to Windows Movie Maker as it's something I've used many times before and no matter how many updates there are, the layout remains the same. It's very easy to use so I can do jobs in minutes.

Movie Maker review by Elysia D.
Elysia D.

"Easy use, quick graphics."

What do you like best?

It is very simple and quick to use. I can change out our video presentation monthly cause it takes no time at all.

What do you dislike?

I can be glitchy, so I can only use it on one of my three computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although we use this for retail applications it could be used to make photo memorials, recap a team's sport season or show before and after progress of a project.

It works well to showcase products that are new or on special on our tv so customers have a moving visual to look at while waiting for a repair.

Movie Maker review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Small Program That Can Do Big Things"

What do you like best?

I like how Movie Maker gives me the ability to rotate a movie and save it to a new orientation.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features provided by this free little Movie Maker program and will take time to try out the various functions before you can be familiarized with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Movie Maker. It is so good that I think it should really be part of the Windows OS installation instead of a separate download. You can, however, download and install from the Microsoft website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-movie-maker-download

My boss had recording a video that needed to be rotated and this little Movie Maker program did the trick. I can also make use of the ability Movie Maker provides to join several presentations together as one.

Movie Maker review by Nadia M.
Nadia M.

"Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, appealing to the eye. You can upload videos, music and photos as well as add text, titles and credits.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time finding it on my new laptop. I didn't know I had to download it from the Microsoft Store. Also, with the free version, there are advertisements on the side of the screen which can be disruptive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We use Windows Movie Maker to create videos to stream in our viewing rooms during classes. Our videos include photos, videos, general information and background music.

Movie Maker review by User in Internet

"Long Time Champion"

What do you like best?

Windows movie maker is a standout and the very best with simple format, layout and timeline I prefer to use windows movie maker above them all, however I do like a older version to use.

What do you dislike?

the constant updates and upgrades completely revamping and changing its style, time and time again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider finding the 6.0 version as in my opinion it is the very best version of them all.

I have released many music videos on youtube through windows movie maker giving me some mainstream attention.

Movie Maker review by Isabel M.
Isabel M.

"Easy to use for basic projects"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to combine pictures, music, and video. If you have never used movie making software before, this is a good place to start. Not a lot of bells and whistles and it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I can't help but to compare it to imovie which is what i use at home. I like imovie better than movie maker because of the quantity of functions i can use. Movie maker doesn't have a lot of the effects and tools that i have become accustomed to using on imovie.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer imovie but not everyone has a mac available to them. This is a great alternative and it is very easy to use.

I like that as a teacher i have been able to make simple movies for my kindergarten class to summarize our field trips, experiments, and end of the year celebration. I don't have to reach out to the media specialist to help me, as this program is quite easy to use.

Movie Maker review by Abhinav R.
Abhinav R.

"Simple tool for making quality home movies"

What do you like best?

Simple easy to use interface

- drag and drop - WYSIWYG style interface

- animations and transitions are simple to implement

- balancing and managing sound transitions is a breeze

- visual interface allows for easy understanding of changes

- ability to add text and other images

- easy to mix and match/blend videos

What do you dislike?

- it is not an advanced tool, so it does most of the basic editing quite well

- the interface can get a bit laggy if you are working with large video files

- not many options when mixing and transitioning sound

- lots of filters for video transitions are cheesy and tacky, but great for home movies

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Movie Maker mostly for small projects, prototypes and home movies. It is a great and simple tool that meets 75% of most users needs. It is not advanced, so not many professional movie maker options are available (like color correction, white balancing, etc.) However, for basic video that you'll probably want to upload to you tube, this is a pretty good tool. Love the simple and easy to use interface.

Movie Maker review by Alison M.
Alison M.

"I use Movie Maker to create and edit recordings of professional development events our team hosts."

What do you like best?

It's pretty intuitive. It allows me to snip sections of videos that are unneeded and create an overall polished product to post on YouTube and email out to faculty learners.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features and functions are not 100% intuitive. It's frustrating to have to leave the software and Google how to do something because I can't figure it out within the software itself. Whatever my task is, it's usually doable within Movie Maker, but I wish it was easier to stumble through and figure it out all within the software.

We host professional development events for faculty members at our university and not everyone who is interested in each event is able to attend. With Movie Maker, we are taking our recordings of the live event, editing out the pre- and post-workshop conversations and any dead time during the event (i.e., individual activities), and making the recordings available to all faculty members (and graduate students). These events (both live and archived) are playing a role in increasing faculty members' activity and development.

Movie Maker review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Windows Movie Maker for Employee Engagement"

What do you like best?

I love using Movie Maker to make video compilations for employee engagements. Pictures, video, music, it all fits together seamlessly and it's easy to use!

What do you dislike?

I'm not very tech savvy, so sometimes I get confused about which file type option to save as. I wish Movie Maker provided more guidance on this.

We try to increase employee engagement in fresh ways, and visual media is a huge part of that. I love that Movie Maker is fast and easy to use for my projects and the results make everyone smile.

Movie Maker review by ruxanda v.
ruxanda v.

"So easy to use !!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use it, did not have to spend a day to figure it out :) good results

What do you dislike?

Will like some more effects, sime fresh ones , its kind of old

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best software for the beginings and not just, its easy and fast to get right things done

Im doing some short videos using my digital images what I shut for my Real Estate bussiness , the results are great , its kind of a mini virtual tour, customers like it

Movie Maker review by Amanda L.
Amanda L.

"User friendly video editing"

What do you like best?

Windows Movie Maker is incredibly user friendly. There are various effects as well as ability to add transitions, cut and paste video and more.

What do you dislike?

Windows Movie Maker is no longer included in Windows 10. Because of this, there are a lot of compatibility issues and a lack of support. There are also many common video formats that this software will not work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As stated, Movie Maker is no longer supported with Windows 10 and you may have video format compatibility issues.

As a paid YouTube user, Movie Maker is incredible for cutting and splicing videos. It can also add relatively high quality transitions and credits.

Movie Maker review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Been usin' it since middle school"

What do you like best?

Simple, useful, and effective for the basics. It'll open most file formats as well. I like how practically anyone can get started on it immediately without training.

What do you dislike?

REALLY simplistic. Not useful for advanced editing or for adding effects. Don't bother if you're trying to make something YouTube-ready or if you're trying to make it look super cool/nice. Movie-Maker's too simple for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need something free that'll solve the most immediate video problems? Movie Maker's for you. Need advanced editing software that can add flair to your video? Avoid Movie Maker.

Simple video solutions; movie-maker is ideal for opening most video-file formats. Furthermore, it's free and useful for simple video editing. I use it personally for trimming and adding simple effects to surveillance video for ease-of-use by attorneys.

Movie Maker review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Great for variety of projects"

What do you like best?

Ease of making videos for personal or work projects using pictures or videos and audio.

What do you dislike?

It's hard in the program to figure out where to start & end the music.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love it and would recommend it, especially for anyone who doesn't have professional-level movie making skills, as it is easy to use.

I have used this to compile videos or pictures into a movie to share with people while on fundraising appointments or as a recap of an event we have done.

Movie Maker review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"A Windows User Dream - A Novice's Nightmare"

What do you like best?

If you are familiar with Windows software, Movie Maker has a lot of functionality - and if you know where to look. The product has a small learning curve if you want to do simple tasks like edit video length or add audio. You can simply drop in video and the interface can easily be navigated. You can save video into different formats or extract audio with ease.

What do you dislike?

Movie Maker has a lot of surface level functionality, but once you start looking to add more detail to video like titles, graphics, etc, the program becomes old fashioned fast. There are better products out there for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need easy video editing tasks, Movie Maker is perfect. If you are looking for robust software for in-depth editing - look elsewhere.

We use Movie Maker to edit videos for simple postings to YouTube

Movie Maker review by Marin J.
Marin J.

"A Bare Bones Video Editor with Not Enough Bones"

What do you like best?

In a pinch, it can create a watchable video. It just won't be what you imagined.

What do you dislike?

Every option is hidden where you'd least suspect it. The add-ons and animations are goofy and far too eye-catching for most purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If at all possible, borrow a Mac or look into some free software. Movie Maker will bring you nothing but frustration.

In a crunch, I created a tutorial video in Movie Maker. It was clunky and unpolished but no one was fired that day.

Movie Maker review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Simple, easy video creation software"

What do you like best?

Very simple, easy-to-use video creation software that is highly accessible to PC users. Interface is consistent with other Microsoft products (ribbon interface) which ensures some familiarity for those with experience with any of Microsoft's other products (especially recent versions of Office). It has all the basic video editing tools available, as well as a good selection of transition and visual effects.

What do you dislike?

While it is simple, it lacks many of the more advanced features found in commercial video editing software, which shouldn't matter to the majority of users of this product. Another issue is that Microsoft has virtually dropped support for this, and is potentially looking to release a newer version at some point. Competitors on the market such as iMovie have continued to be supported with newer features such as 4K support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for organizations with low or constrained budgets, or are looking to produce videos in-house rather than outsourcing production to external companies. It contains many of the basic features required for video editing, and is sufficient for simpler video projects.

It should be advised that Movie Maker is not supported by Microsoft anymore, and may have compatibility issues depending on your computer's operating system. Alternatives to Movie Marker include iMovie for Mac, Adobe After Effects, Sony Vegas Pro and other movie editing software available on the market.

Addresses content marketing and media creation without having to outsource or procure an external vendor to produce video content for our organization.

Movie Maker review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Average Movie Making Program"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Windows Movie Maker or really any Windows product is its simplicity. That holds true for Movie Maker. You can easily drop in clips or audio into your project.

What do you dislike?

Simplicity is a double edged sword. While Movie Maker makes it easy for the average user to operate it lacks in real production abilities. If you are looking at splitting audio and splicing with real ease, movie maker is not the right option.

The biggest problem being solved is simple video editing. This program can be used by almost anyone with little training. If you are familiar with Windows or Office Suite then you can operate Windows Movie Maker.

Movie Maker review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Acceptable for a free video editor but not awesome"

What do you like best?

Movie Maker came free on my computer and is easy to do simple editing.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to edit videos to exact frames.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works when you need quick and dirty editing, but consider purchasing more advanced software if you will use video editing software regularly.

We used Movie Maker to edit out highlights of underwater video filmed in a river. It worked ok at the time, but we have needed more advanced software since we started using it.

Movie Maker review by Tiffany Hammond C.
Tiffany Hammond C.

"Easy, fun and rewarding"

What do you like best?

The program interfaces like PowerPoint so it familiar and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Exporting takes a couple of steps- they are simple but it can be tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It take some time getting used to but really worth it.

Providing information for people who have missed the face-to-face training. It is an engaging and fun way to make sure EVERY employee gets the needed information.

Movie Maker review by User in Higher Education

"Windows Movie Maker Review"

What do you like best?

It is a simply way to combine clips to make a movie. You can add titles, background music, effects and more.

What do you dislike?

It has limited capabilities, like editing tools and needs more effects.

It is a good free version of a movie maker that allows us to take clips of activities on campus and combine those clips to make movies to share with staff and faculty. We also use it to combine clips for meetings and other events.

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Simple and fast"

What do you like best?

For basic editing jobs, fast video stabilization and rendering in HD quality, I use the windows movie maker. Its great for anyone that is interested in making videos and dont want to spend a fortune on video editing softwares. Its easy to use, all the functions are straight forward, you can understand in few minutes as a new user.

What do you dislike?

I expect there to be new and more advanced effects , it just seem thesame over the years, no changes or upgrades at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend this, get your videos edited and movie ready in no time.

Video editing for youtube videos

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications
G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications

"Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

Windows movie maker is simple and intuitive to the point that I'm not aware anyone who uses it (and is familiar with PCs) would require any special training. The outputs (file creation) are also pretty standard and don't require the user to have any expertise.

What do you dislike?

I come from a broadcast and production background; so, Movie Maker just fails to compare (for me at least) with similar product offerings that feature plug-and-play templates and a few more bells and whistles that mirror professional-style editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the production industry, when most people think about editing software, their minds don't go to Windows Movie Maker on a PC. I'm not an expert on how to achieve that, but I gather a revamped look (which seems more like a professional editing suite) that retains the intuitive, user-friendly feel would be a start. The issue may not be with Movie Maker, but more so a computer's ability to handle the rich files (raw video) and storage required to edit.

Windows Movie Maker allows my department to avoid the high cost of editing a post production house might charge for the simple videos we produce. Also, I use it to train people new to editing. They generally pick it up quickly on Movie Maker and move on to other systems.

Movie Maker review by Jill O.
Jill O.

"Simple and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like that this program is easy to use. I am able to create videos with a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Limited features. Would be nice to have more editing features to make the videos my cleaner.

I am able to make photo videos and action videos. It has helped with our marketing plans.

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Not very intuitive very basic needs more creative spark"

What do you like best?

I like that it is part of the microsoft suite and I can work on it on my work laptop unlike some other movie making softwares I prefer using. Sometimes to make a quick video to showcase basic attributes of products I work on this gets the job done

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it is not very intuitive you need to go look for tutorials to make complex layering videos and do a lot of work yourself instead of the software helping you with pre made easy to use templates that are not plain vanilla

As a product manager I try to make creative videos to showcase to the customer complex functionality of the products i am managing, sometimes these are needed for internal audiences as well.

Movie Maker review by User in Military
User in Military

"Great free option for windows"

What do you like best?

For the price tag (included with windows installations), it does a fine job for simple video creation for things such as home videos, and possibly more professional use. Ease of use and a handful of editing tools are the most redeeming factors.

What do you dislike?

Lack of fine tune adjustments and advanced features in editing, such as overlays, path movements, advanced video quality enhancements and filters, and sound editing options, are missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Proshow Producer has more advanced sound and image editing options if you need that and are willing to spend money.

Uses have been for creating informal outreach presentations for colleagues internal to the organization. A good way to combine video and photos and use as a short demonstration as part of a power point presentation.

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Easy enough for an amateur, varied enough for a pro."

What do you like best?

I like how much creative freedom I can exercise over the videos I edit. Movie Maker makes it easy to put together a collaborative video, polished presentation, or personal project.

What do you dislike?

Captions could be better. Currently using Camtasia to add closed captioning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Movie Maker is great for people who enjoy creating and editing videos, but don't have extensive skills in advanced software packages.

This product helps us create video marketing which is displayed to the public. Using Movie Maker we are able to combine photo and video to create a cohesive and dynamic display that engages our students.

Movie Maker review by Erika H.
Erika H.

"Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

It's fairly user friendly and easy for people who aren't tech savvy.

What do you dislike?

There aren't a lot of options for people who are tech savvy.

I don;t use it for business. I have used it in my classroom as an editing tool for my students' work.

Movie Maker review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use for first timers"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use program that allowed me, a first time movie maker, to make a video with a variety of clips I had saved

What do you dislike?

I liked every part of the program- I am able to use this professionally and in my personal life with and for my family

Making videos to add my presentations for work in the healthcare field. I am able to use real clips and issues we are having and including them in reports and presentations for my department

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages
G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages

"so much easy to make a video"

What do you like best?

For me it´s the easiest way to make videos or movies software, no complications, has an intuitive interface, for someone who does not know of effects and animations you can easily get to take advantage of this program. Excellent for presentations that include videos and pictures

What do you dislike?

If you are looking for serious professional and better effects, try another program

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get very good and professional results using choosing good the effects, joining videos each other and mixing audio. All files that you use in a movie, they should be saved in the same folder.

Videos of explanations, videos and motivational messages, I could perform them quickly in Movie Maker, export and send and are compatible with any PC

Movie Maker review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Streamlined the process of putting a slideshow in a format that was compatible for multiple viewing "

What do you like best?

It was very easy to use and it did all the formatting needed to be able to view in multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time trying to figure out how to make my presentation without a watermark showing in the background

I have been able to get rid of the outdated material while at the same time adding in relevant updated material

Movie Maker review by Kevo V.
Kevo V.

"WMM Review"

What do you like best?

Easy, simple to use. It is also free and easily available.

What do you dislike?

Not sophisticated enough. Very few features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the extra money for something better.

Basic videos for marketing. Helpful to build more customers.

Movie Maker review by User

"Promotional movies for the WIN"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the fact that you can customize and develop short movies without too much effort, and the possibilities are limitless.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot say there is much that I dislike about the program. More features might be useful.

I would not say I am resolving business problems, but what I am realizing that if you have a good imagination, Windows Movie Maker really helps you take things a step further with promotional items.

Movie Maker review by Keiren G.
Keiren G.

"Ok experience"

What do you like best?

Movie maker is good for a beginner to quickly combine a few videos

What do you dislike?

Compaired to other movie and video editing software, Movie Maker lacks a lot of customization and flexibility.

Only used briefly because of the lack of options

Movie Maker review by Michel H.
Michel H.

"Great, super easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use, and how it comes with every system

What do you dislike?

Can be slow, and lacking in customizability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it if you want to do something incredible, this is super super basic

Easy and quick video making

Movie Maker review by Gail G.
Gail G.

"Excellent software to use for simple presentations"

What do you like best?

This software is very easy and simple to use for maximum effect

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have a problem getting the timing on videos and audio synced but that could be me

I have used it to put together a public service announcement

Movie Maker review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Quick Movies for the Newbie"

What do you like best?

I was able to figure out how to make movie trailers without taking a course. The software was part of Microsoft and I didn't have to purchase an additional software for what I needed to do.

What do you dislike?

It takes several tries to get the music and pictures synched perfectly.

I used Windows Movie Maker to make trailers for my books written by D. McEntire. I was able to easily upload them to You Tube.

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Education Management
G2 Crowd User in Education Management

"Made a highlight video for basketball team"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, especially if you like to test products/software out yourself. Easy to get the hang of all the editing options! This would be very easy to use to break down film to show the team before a practice.

What do you dislike?

There was not much that I disliked about Movie Maker. This was the first editing software I tried, so I did not have any other bias going into it.

I used this for a highlight video and realized that this benefits the team in seeing what they accomplishes; I can see myself editing film for clips to show the team as well

Movie Maker review by Roxie K.
Roxie K.

"Great for creating movies"

What do you like best?

I love how simple this program is to create videos and or slideshows

What do you dislike?

I think that it could have more features or incorporate some features like Animoto has

Able to create slideshows after events quickly

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Education Management
G2 Crowd User in Education Management

"Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

I like being able to create movies easily.

What do you dislike?

I think that you have to have Windows software to be able to play the movies once they are made in Windows Movie Maker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does take a lot of time to create just the right video using this software.

I teach junior high school???

Movie Maker review by pram o.
pram o.

"Great for video editing"

What do you like best?

Good to merge 2 videos. Also lets you rotate portions of the video which is very useful.

What do you dislike?

UI was not very intuitive. It takes some time to figure out the menu. Some of the options are not seen from the main menu.

Phone videos needed to be merged and edited by blurring out the edges.

Movie Maker review by User

"Good tool to create videos "

What do you like best?

Great and native way to create awesome videos.

What do you dislike?

There’s a learning curve with the software, after that, you can go and do whatever you want. It’s difficult to add songs to the videos, but you always can find a way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something free and simple, this is what you need.

Create videos, merge videos and photos, etc.

Movie Maker review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"I love this system. "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using this to create slideshows for friends and family.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's not incorporated with Apple. I know this is obvious, but I will still call it out as a design flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product - wish I could use it on my Mac.

Stringing together music and photos together is really challenging without a software like this.

Movie Maker review by Anna R.
Anna R.

"Review on Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

Great when editing clips for work projects.

What do you dislike?

The constant updates are nerving and confusing.

Legal

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Excellent program for creating quick movies"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use. Excellent options for transitions. Great in ease-of use for video editing.

What do you dislike?

With being so easy to use, it does have limitations on the amount of additional options for editing as some effects aren't changeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those looking for an easy to use movie editor/creator, this will suit your needs!

Creating quick clips for powerpoint presentations. Excellent way to create custom videos quick and easily

Movie Maker review by User

"Good video editing software!"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to split videos at certain points and mix different clips together from your computer.

What do you dislike?

Exporting a video can take a while when you choose a higher resolution.

It helped me in making a promotional video for my company. It’s used to interest customers in our products.

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Photography
G2 Crowd User in Photography

"Easy and simple"

What do you like best?

how easy it is to use, Create videos from images or join videos and make a small movie. Transitions and effects simple and easy to apply

What do you dislike?

if you want something more advanced maybe this is not the right software

Recommendations to others considering the product

not abuse transitions , some seem gimmicky and not give them good effect to your video

videograms with photographs for my clients, some for display at an event like weddings

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Research
G2 Crowd User in Research

"Simple, cheap but cannot be used for advanced purpose"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this is that the interface is simple and free to use

What do you dislike?

Does not alloe many basic movie editing options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be used for very basic movie making purpose like stitching different clips but cannot be used for advanced editing options

I develop project documentaries. This software is used for very basic purposes and the best thing is you do not have to buy it.

Movie Maker review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Movie Maker ok, not great"

What do you like best?

relatively straightforward to begin using right away

What do you dislike?

it gets the job done for some basic things, but could allow for more advanced enhancements and productions. also sometimes difficult to share/ export

improving social media engagement through using movie maker to create original content

Learning about Windows Movie Maker?

* We monitor all Windows Movie Maker reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.