Windows Phone

Whether you want premium features and performance at a good price or a powerhouse of productivity that fits in your pocket, there's a Windows phone thatÍs perfect for you.

Work for Windows Phone?

Learning about Windows Phone?

Windows Phone Reviews

Showing 14 Windows Phone reviews
Windows Phone review by <span>Ivan P.</span>
Ivan P.

I was pleasantly surprised

Validated Review
What do you like best?

This is phone with no lags and everything works as it should. Phone has nice interface and Microsoft promised free upgrade to Windows 10 which I find as very nice move towards customers. It has equalizer built in as well as some other basic settings which I couldn't find on Android. Ease of use is awesome - I really adjusted fast to it.

What do you dislike?

I am heavy Android user, so what I find difficult to understand is lack of applications in windows store. I was very disappointed when I saw that there is no good enough browser to download, so I ended using Internet Explorer which made me feel like regular user (I consider myself power user).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have optimistic view in future of Microsoft about general software they make. Windows 7 was huge step forward and Windows 10 is so easy to use in comparison to any other Windows OS. I'm glad that Microsoft also followed the same formula when it comes to the smartphones. Even better is that I didn't have frozen OS or experienced lags yet and I'm using it for almost a year. I would recommend Windows Phone to all those who need to use smartphone with ease. This phone has no need to be unlocked as it don't have any bloatware or unnecessary software installed, it works perfectly out of the box and is very reliable.

I am working in IT and I'm solving mainly UI and UX problems. I use my Windows Phone as my business phone and I use it (beside calls and texting) for social networking from IT events that I'm often going on. Since Windows Phone has no lags, it works perfectly in this situations.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows Phone
Windows Phone review by <span>Yogesh S.</span>
Yogesh S.
Validated Review

It's the future but not present

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Light-weight, super-fast and it's the future! As compared to Android & iOS, this OS is easiest to use for first time user, light-weight (where Android & iOS are very heavy in size, WP comes in comparably small size for updates) which makes fast updates of software and super fast, well, actually, fastest of all! With effective memory management and process handling, WP reaches on top in speed and battery life as the optimizations done by Microsoft allows phones to deliver great battery life.

What do you dislike?

Very few apps are present on the store of what Android & iOS have and not made for those who tend to modify the original software package (ROM devs as in Android) as the software package is too difficult to modify for average developer. Also, when it comes to development of apps for this platform, it's too difficult for a developer developing apps for Android & iOS to develop for WP due to Microsoft using it's own platform tools and language framework like .Net.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes you should definitely buy Windows Phones but not right now because this platform has now gone back to evolution phase where it'd be changing too many things that many basic users won't understand.

Microsoft provides the best encryption services for data, so I use WP to store my precious data out of reach of hackers. And it provides best on the go document, presentation and sheets editing and creation with it's own Office Suite, it's only go for me as compared to Android & iOS.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Windows Phone review by <span>Drikus T.</span>
Drikus T.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and not cluttered at all. The phone integrates seamlessly with my office applications and as a business phone I highly recommend using it. The battery usage compares well with other smart phones and the phone is virtually indestructible.

What do you dislike?

There are a few issues with available applications. Most applications are currently only being developed for iOS and Android and as a Windows 8.1 user you have to wait for apps to become available if at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a low cost, no nonsense phone, Windows Phone is for you.

I generally use the phone to quickly and easily create and respond to work e-mails. I do word and spreadsheet processing on the phone. The biggest benefit of the phone is that I can take my office on the road using my phone.

Windows Phone review by <span>Avinash P.</span>
Avinash P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Best thing about windows phone is it's Fast and intuitive UI with "live tile" interface and home screen personilization. The touch sensitivity is amazing and camera(Nokia) with excellent image quality, the OS is more stable than Apple's IOS and Android. All Microsoft services are great with Microsoft Office pre installed and also providing frequent updates for both OS and apps. Cortana is great with its updated voice-recognition software. The cloud services are good.

What do you dislike?

No Google, as google is dominant in online services with Gmail, youtube, hangouts and google maps, lack of this apps frustrates many. Not many apps on store, also pricing on the apps is high compared to Android's google store and some best games on store require up to 1GB RAM and phone heats up playing those games. No email attachment capability for documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a phone with high performance, a good hardware support, great touch experience and the best cameras, you better go for Windows products.

I'm an app developer and check them on different platforms. Windows phone has the best hardware, best performance and attractive display feature. Windows phone got best audio and camera.

Windows Phone review by <span>Vytautas T.</span>
Vytautas T.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The system is well centered around swipe gestures and touch points - positioning of the buttons, vertical scrolling, etc. The home page is very user friendly and very customizable for each users taste. Battery management. Windows Phone price. In addition, Lumia phones can offer a very good image quality of the pictures that have been made with the camera.

What do you dislike?

Lack of applications in Windows store. Internet Explorer and bing search engine is a default browser on Windows Phone. I think it is clear that Google search, Gmail, Youtube, Google Maps, Chrome, etc. are the dominant online services and even if this is a Windows Phone I think it should use the most popular online services as default Windows Phone online services. Navigation could be more precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The classic Lumia design is present with its gorgeous polycarbonate shell and gentle curves, but you also get extras you won't find in other phones, like microSD compatibility. Sure, it might be a "deal breaker" for some, but if you're a fan of big screens, you can't go wrong by choosing windows phone.

I use my phone as both business and personal phone. It works fine when making calls, sending texts, checking emails, social networking, listening music, reading news, checking weather forecasts, making a high quality images.

Windows Phone review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Love the layout and user friendly.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love how easy and well designed the layout of the phone is. Everything is well organized and easy to navigate. They are also not very expensive for a smart phone. It's very customizable according to your needs. It holds a pretty good charge as long as you treat it right and is also pretty durable. (Nokia Lumia) I've never had any big problems with this phone.

What do you dislike?

At least on the Lumia, my phone doesn't have a front camera, which can be inconvenient at times when you don't have someone else who can take the picture. I'm not much of a selfie person, but I feel that is something a smartphone should have by now. Also there are many apps windows phones are not capable of getting. The most trending and current apps are not compatible for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your big into current apps and are a constant selfie taker, then this phone may not be for you. If your looking for a quality phone that is easy to use, nice to look at, and doesn't give you any functional problems, this is definitely your phone!

As an illustrator and designer, having a phone that has social media access is very important, particularly Instagram. In my busy life, it's nice to have a phone that never gives me any problems and is easy to use.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Windows Phone?

* We monitor all Windows Phone reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.