Windows Phone

Whether you want premium features and performance at a good price or a powerhouse of productivity that fits in your pocket, there's a Windows phone thatÍs perfect for you.

Work for Windows Phone?

Learning about Windows Phone?

Windows Phone Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 15 Windows Phone reviews
Windows Phone review by Ivan P.
Ivan P.

"I was pleasantly surprised"

What do you like best?

This is phone with no lags and everything works as it should. Phone has nice interface and Microsoft promised free upgrade to Windows 10 which I find as very nice move towards customers. It has equalizer built in as well as some other basic settings which I couldn't find on Android. Ease of use is awesome - I really adjusted fast to it.

What do you dislike?

I am heavy Android user, so what I find difficult to understand is lack of applications in windows store. I was very disappointed when I saw that there is no good enough browser to download, so I ended using Internet Explorer which made me feel like regular user (I consider myself power user).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have optimistic view in future of Microsoft about general software they make. Windows 7 was huge step forward and Windows 10 is so easy to use in comparison to any other Windows OS. I'm glad that Microsoft also followed the same formula when it comes to the smartphones. Even better is that I didn't have frozen OS or experienced lags yet and I'm using it for almost a year. I would recommend Windows Phone to all those who need to use smartphone with ease. This phone has no need to be unlocked as it don't have any bloatware or unnecessary software installed, it works perfectly out of the box and is very reliable.

I am working in IT and I'm solving mainly UI and UX problems. I use my Windows Phone as my business phone and I use it (beside calls and texting) for social networking from IT events that I'm often going on. Since Windows Phone has no lags, it works perfectly in this situations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Windows Phone
Windows Phone review by Yogesh S.
Yogesh S.

"It's the future but not present"

What do you like best?

Light-weight, super-fast and it's the future! As compared to Android & iOS, this OS is easiest to use for first time user, light-weight (where Android & iOS are very heavy in size, WP comes in comparably small size for updates) which makes fast updates of software and super fast, well, actually, fastest of all! With effective memory management and process handling, WP reaches on top in speed and battery life as the optimizations done by Microsoft allows phones to deliver great battery life.

What do you dislike?

Very few apps are present on the store of what Android & iOS have and not made for those who tend to modify the original software package (ROM devs as in Android) as the software package is too difficult to modify for average developer. Also, when it comes to development of apps for this platform, it's too difficult for a developer developing apps for Android & iOS to develop for WP due to Microsoft using it's own platform tools and language framework like .Net.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes you should definitely buy Windows Phones but not right now because this platform has now gone back to evolution phase where it'd be changing too many things that many basic users won't understand.

Microsoft provides the best encryption services for data, so I use WP to store my precious data out of reach of hackers. And it provides best on the go document, presentation and sheets editing and creation with it's own Office Suite, it's only go for me as compared to Android & iOS.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Windows Phone review by Drikus T.
Drikus T.

"Not everything you want, but everything you need"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and not cluttered at all. The phone integrates seamlessly with my office applications and as a business phone I highly recommend using it. The battery usage compares well with other smart phones and the phone is virtually indestructible.

What do you dislike?

There are a few issues with available applications. Most applications are currently only being developed for iOS and Android and as a Windows 8.1 user you have to wait for apps to become available if at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a low cost, no nonsense phone, Windows Phone is for you.

I generally use the phone to quickly and easily create and respond to work e-mails. I do word and spreadsheet processing on the phone. The biggest benefit of the phone is that I can take my office on the road using my phone.

Windows Phone review by Avinash P.
Avinash P.

"Good performance phone with attractive interface"

What do you like best?

Best thing about windows phone is it's Fast and intuitive UI with "live tile" interface and home screen personilization. The touch sensitivity is amazing and camera(Nokia) with excellent image quality, the OS is more stable than Apple's IOS and Android. All Microsoft services are great with Microsoft Office pre installed and also providing frequent updates for both OS and apps. Cortana is great with its updated voice-recognition software. The cloud services are good.

What do you dislike?

No Google, as google is dominant in online services with Gmail, youtube, hangouts and google maps, lack of this apps frustrates many. Not many apps on store, also pricing on the apps is high compared to Android's google store and some best games on store require up to 1GB RAM and phone heats up playing those games. No email attachment capability for documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a phone with high performance, a good hardware support, great touch experience and the best cameras, you better go for Windows products.

I'm an app developer and check them on different platforms. Windows phone has the best hardware, best performance and attractive display feature. Windows phone got best audio and camera.

Windows Phone review by Vytautas T.
Vytautas T.

"Windows Phone - what are the pro and cons"

What do you like best?

The system is well centered around swipe gestures and touch points - positioning of the buttons, vertical scrolling, etc. The home page is very user friendly and very customizable for each users taste. Battery management. Windows Phone price. In addition, Lumia phones can offer a very good image quality of the pictures that have been made with the camera.

What do you dislike?

Lack of applications in Windows store. Internet Explorer and bing search engine is a default browser on Windows Phone. I think it is clear that Google search, Gmail, Youtube, Google Maps, Chrome, etc. are the dominant online services and even if this is a Windows Phone I think it should use the most popular online services as default Windows Phone online services. Navigation could be more precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The classic Lumia design is present with its gorgeous polycarbonate shell and gentle curves, but you also get extras you won't find in other phones, like microSD compatibility. Sure, it might be a "deal breaker" for some, but if you're a fan of big screens, you can't go wrong by choosing windows phone.

I use my phone as both business and personal phone. It works fine when making calls, sending texts, checking emails, social networking, listening music, reading news, checking weather forecasts, making a high quality images.

Windows Phone review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Love the layout and user friendly. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy and well designed the layout of the phone is. Everything is well organized and easy to navigate. They are also not very expensive for a smart phone. It's very customizable according to your needs. It holds a pretty good charge as long as you treat it right and is also pretty durable. (Nokia Lumia) I've never had any big problems with this phone.

What do you dislike?

At least on the Lumia, my phone doesn't have a front camera, which can be inconvenient at times when you don't have someone else who can take the picture. I'm not much of a selfie person, but I feel that is something a smartphone should have by now. Also there are many apps windows phones are not capable of getting. The most trending and current apps are not compatible for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your big into current apps and are a constant selfie taker, then this phone may not be for you. If your looking for a quality phone that is easy to use, nice to look at, and doesn't give you any functional problems, this is definitely your phone!

As an illustrator and designer, having a phone that has social media access is very important, particularly Instagram. In my busy life, it's nice to have a phone that never gives me any problems and is easy to use.

Windows Phone review by David K.
David K.

"Simple and fast mobile OS"

What do you like best?

Windows Phone is fast mobile OS with great design offering many possibilites. The best thing is "Metro UI" which offers the same experience in every application you use which is awesome!

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantages of WP are low number of available apps and a bit limited settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for interesting mobile OS and do not need tons of apps but prefer speed and consistent interface, Windows Phone is probably great choice.

I am using smartphone with WP as main phone and I must appreciate that it's able to work well and enough fast even after two years of usage. Before WP8 phone I have had WP7 device and it was also able to work well.

Windows Phone review by Randy B.
Randy B.

"Windows Phone is an excellent platform"

What do you like best?

I like the large icon sets and great apps. I have used mostly the Nokia product line which are fast, reliable, and easy for users to learn.

I also am please that there are many unlocked devices. I have heavily leaned clients to use unlocked devices and skip contracts with Canadian Wireless Providers.

The contact management and calendar management is superior to both Android and IOS. I have had to use other platforms for a couple of apps, but find Android and IOS poor at daily business work.

What do you dislike?

lack of app development for some products. This has more to do with 3rd party developers than Microsoft.

The ability to log directly into an Office365/Azure account is an annoyance. Although this is a problem for all the mobile phone platforms, I expect Microsoft to resolve, which I think will happen with Windows Mobile 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have custom or odd apps, this is great platform.

phone, internet tethering, security device management, office365 connectivity

Windows Phone review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Very handy for on the go projects"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, as long as you are used to the Windows OS. It's almost like using a home computer.

What do you dislike?

There are not a lot of apps that were backwards compatible with the Android OS.The free versions of the Office Suite is not free, too my knowledge.

Made flyers for special events.

Benefits, on the go ease (with limited usability). Ability to transfer info to a desktop.

Windows Phone review by Alex N.
Alex N.

"Handy Microsoft Office and Outlook connected OS"

What do you like best?

The integration with Microsoft Office and Outlook.

What do you dislike?

I didn't dislike anything, it was easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good OS to use if you are a Microsoft shop. You might want to create some training documents for your internal Users to set some parameters around how to use it for business use.

We were trying to make sure that everybody was connected to a phone that could easily use MS office features.

Windows Phone review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Best phone OS for both business and personal use!"

What do you like best?

On a phone with sufficient processing capacity, the interface is smooth, efficient, and attractive. The OS also integrates well with Microsoft Exchange and other features of Windows.

What do you dislike?

The selection of apps is much smaller than for iOS and Android. This does not present a major problem to me, but it does prevent WP from gaining market share to instill sustainability.

Dedicated MS Exchange capability on the WP platform makes me more confident that calendars, contacts, etc. are well integrated with my office environment.

Windows Phone review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Windows Phone User"

What do you like best?

I like that the phone functions exactly as my microsoft surface and my xbox one

What do you dislike?

It connects and it seamless with my windows products, but connectivity to iphone and features is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any other windows products using a windows phone is the same OS

Transferring files from my windows phone to my surface for client meetings

Windows Phone review by Virginia S.
Virginia S.

"Miss it"

What do you like best?

Easily accessiblity and compatablity with my work computer. Was super easy to transfer files from one device to another one

What do you dislike?

Difficult to sync with my mac computer. The app worked but only so well.

n/a

Windows Phone review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"It did what I needed it to do at the time."

What do you like best?

It had a great screen and it synced easily to my computer.

What do you dislike?

It started freezing and would not allow me to use it or make phone calls.

I liked the ability to use it much like a computer.

Windows Phone review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great OS for users not crazy about apps"

What do you like best?

Windows Phone is extremely fast and intuitive. I really like the Tiles on the home screen and especially like how they are "live". A simple way to describe the interface is a mix of Android Widgets with iOS's basic app layout. Windows Phone is incredibly smooth and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of app development. Pricing on apps can be too high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not for the users that require a lot of apps. If you use primarily for web, go for it!

Learning about Windows Phone?

* We monitor all Windows Phone reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.