Wing Python IDE

Wing is a Python IDE with powerful debugger and intelligent editor that make interactive Python development fast, accurate, and fun.

Work for Wing Python IDE?

Learning about Wing Python IDE?

Wing Python IDE Reviews

Ask Wing Python IDE a Question
Showing 5 Wing Python IDE reviews
Wing Python IDE review by Akshay S.
Akshay S.

"Awesome IDE for Python"

What do you like best?

Wingware IDE 6.0 provides many features which makes it a popular one like, it displays errors in a very feasible manner with auto complete feature which saves much of the developer's time and efforts.

Wing as also one of the most attractive feature that if your trial expires then also it gives a 10 min emergency session which helps the developer to migrate the complete project.

Adding to that it also has source browser which displays all the variables used in the code.

It is also packed with top line editing features like swapping and duplication of lines.

It is also equipped with an additional Exception handling tab which makes it easier for developers to debug the code.

What do you dislike?

The wing UI does not have Dark Theme feature and after 30 day trial its too expensive!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wing IDE is best, Just go for it!!

Project dealing with Django and diff and merge integration and some stuff dealing with integration of different API's are solved by me with WING IDE.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wing Python IDE
Wing Python IDE review by Prakash P.
Prakash P.

"Best IDE for Python"

What do you like best?

Wing IDE 6.0 Pro provides many attractive features like:

1.) Auto Complete feature to complete the para phrases

2) Displays the errors in a feasible manner

3.)It also has Line Editing Features like swap lines and duplicate lines

4.)The best part is under the Refactor panel that is Extract function/method which is the best of all

5.)Enclose with feature also included!!

What do you dislike?

It charges $39 after 30-day trial and the UI does not support Dark theme as in other editors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some concepts like PEP8 are a bit complex so my suggestion to the beginners is that they should first have a good hands on with at least two or more other python IDE's

Complex scripts like image processing and scripts that have to connect to cloud are easily executable in WING IDE. Also while testing any code WING provides the best experience.

What Python Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

Wing Python IDE review by Luan A.
Luan A.

"Wing Python IDE Review"

What do you like best?

- Wing Python IDE shows where the error occurred in a very visible way.

- It's easy to create breakpoints and to step into, over and out.

- Source Assistant pane shows information about the module, variable, type of the object. Also shows in which parameter you are.

- Easy to navigate classes and functions.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a native way to check PEP8, interface can be intimidating at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wing Python IDE Pro is a very powerful tool to have if you work with Python. They offer 30 days trial for the PRO version, so this is a good way to see if the tool has everything you need.

I use Wing when I need to create a more complex script and need a more robust debugger that let me cycle through the code step by step.

Wing Python IDE review by Ram R.
Ram R.

"Great all-around Python debugger and edtior"

What do you like best?

- First-class debugger

- Great, extensible editor

- Cross-compatible with Windows / Linux / Mac

- Responsive email support

- Extensive set of tools

What do you dislike?

- UI looks a bit old-school.

- I can't get it to fill out my taxes :)

I've been using Wing IDE as my main development environment for 10 years now.

I'm a big fan of Wing. I've used it for my open-source projects, my client projects when I was working as a freelancer, and now I use it at my work in a corporate environment. I do Python programming almost exclusively, so its Python-centric approach is a good fit for me.

The debugger is first-class. It works on multi-process, multi-thread programs. You have your breakpoints, watches, step commands and everything you can expect from a modern debugger. Remote debugging is supported, which is especially crucial in a corporate environment, where you're debugging code that runs on different machines. They've recently added advanced features like recursive debugging, which helped me do some deep troubleshooting at my job.

The editor is great. It's got VI and eMacs mode and it's extensible with scripts. It has lots of useful tools (like showing documentation, refactoring, diffing, Python shell, etc.) which I spread across 2 big monitors.

The support staff is great. I've made many suggestions and requests for improvement to them over the years and they've implemented many of them. Bugs are fixed quickly.

Overall, I highly recommend Wing IDE!

Wing Python IDE review by Raj T.
Raj T.

"Best IDE for python"

What do you like best?

Wing Python IDE is fast , full-featured with auto completion and auto indentation feature which is very helpful for python programmers . Integrated testing and debugging is also very useful . It can also do django projects very well and merge the queries very well . There are also code templates for beginners .It is also cross platform IDE .It has exceptionally responsive support .

What do you dislike?

Price is starting from $39 for very basic user .

Recommendations to others considering the product

First understand the working of basic python IDE

We basically build django projects using Wing IDE beacuse it creates virtual env for you and also automatically runs the server .

Learning about Wing Python IDE?

* We monitor all Wing Python IDE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.