Wiredrive

Wiredrive is a secure video sharing and collaboration tool designed for creative professionals. More than 1,500 agencies, brands, production houses, and entertainment companies rely on Wiredrive to effectively collaborate with teams and privately share video.

Work for Wiredrive?

Learning about Wiredrive?

Wiredrive Reviews

Ask Wiredrive a Question
Showing 242 Wiredrive reviews
Wiredrive review by Belkis J.
Belkis J.

" media managemen"

What do you like best?

the interface is the best that this program offers, clean and clear. It is an excellent option that the working group can see the update of the last video posted so everyone will be informed of what happens

What do you dislike?

the fact that they do not alert me every time the video is seen I do not like it since it is necessary to know the follow-up given to the published. and not being able to edit in batches but by unit is not a good option

Recommendations to others considering the product

this service will be of great help for your company, the whole team will be informed of the new video update and each one will be able to fulfill the activity that corresponds to him

Having all the information of your company in the media library allows you to take advantage of any moment to make instant presentations about the product that you offer and you will be able to attract potential clients at any moment

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wiredrive
Wiredrive review by Bettina A.
Bettina A.

"I (heart) Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

I like that I can be shuffling around the reel while watching a spot. I love that I don't have to save the reel in order to not loose what I am working on.

What do you dislike?

The tracking mails don't tell me where the person is viewing from like Simian does (it tells you a general area like a city). They don't alert me each time it was watched. I can't batch move items that are already categorized. For example, I need to move 400 .jpgs that were uploaded under a certain director to another "director" I created to house that project and I have to do it one by one. There isn't a Batch Edit. Just batch upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What I don't love is that I haven't seen many changes over the years. It seems to be the same and I feel by now they should improved certain things to compete with Simian's great tracking system. But in general, it was always a great system. Pricing is also an issue. I use my own personal work on Simian because they offered pricing that was ok for me as a once every couple of month user because I use my client's system's much more than my own.

I sell my directors using reels I build on Wiredrive. It's an essential sales tool.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Wiredrive review by James V.
James V.

"Fantastic Media Management and Sharing System"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive makes it so easy to build and maintain a media library with many ways to customize user experience for all members of the team regardless of their department or level of technological know-how. The reel statistics and analytics data is really the unsung hero of the system, but they have become important metrics in our day to day analysis of our sales and business in general.

What do you dislike?

I've used several similar media management systems and I struggle to think of anything I dislike, especially by comparison. Even when there is something unique to our business that Wiredrive may not do, their team has worked with us to find workarounds, and/or considered our input for new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have lots of media from various sources that needs to be available online, easy to sort through, and effortless to send in a trackable way, ,Wiredrive is the best around.

Showing media and reels is the backbone of our business and Wiredrive has made it easy to manage our media, but also seamlessly sharing that media with potential clients to win business. The biggest benefit is having our entire media library 10,000(and growing) spots/clips/videos at our finger tips wherever we are and that it's so easy to build custom presentations and get easily watchable links to our clients in an instant.

Wiredrive review by John M.
John M.

"Great online file organizer, slow streaming speeds and bad for mobile. "

What do you like best?

I like that I have a folder structure online that I can use to store and organize my files. I use video a ton and work in the film industry so I use lots of video.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many times when I send I get complaints that it is very slow on mobile phones. I have also tried myself, and notice that it's not as nice as say a vimeo when it comes to online streaming via mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for online storage, but make sure you are doing your own file conversions at small bit rates so that you can easily access it with different internet speeds.

Work in post production so am using it for reviews. But now seeing that the company 'frame i/o' is doing a better job for video reviews, because it is integrated with premier pro and has areas where you can add comments//markers and so on. It blows wiredrive out of the water for what I mainly need it for which is client feedback.

Wiredrive review by Gerard C.
Gerard C.

"Wiredrive is the best company for creating custom reels. "

What do you like best?

Having tried Simian and Interdubs, Wiredrive is the cleanest product out there for creating custom reels, even though the others offer other advantages.

What do you dislike?

1. When I'm in a director's library, and I'm making a reel, if I scroll down quite a way and then click on a spot, once I click out of it, I am brought to the top of the library, instead of leaving me where I had been. This is very irritating.

2. Tracking the analytics is EXTREMELY important and arguably, this should be the most important thing for any production company (Simian is better at this). If I make a link for a reel that someone views, they might forward that link, allowing other people to see that same reel. It would be great to know which views are from separate IP addresses (i.e. other people). So, if I made the reel for "Jane" and I look at the analytics, it might seem like Jane has seen the reel 4 times, with some individual spots seen once, others 3 times, etc. But if Jane saw all the spots 100% and she then forwards the reel to two other people (let's call them Bill and John) and bill saw some spots only 20% and only one spot 100% while John saw some spots 50% and no spots 100%, it would be helpful to know that different IP addresses saw the spots that way instead of being given 3 views at 100% (since the 100% was generated by Jane while Bill and John only saw the spots partially). This is far and away the most important piece of data that I can get-- and if any other production company does not see the value of that, then they have no idea which way is up or down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wiredrive is still the best/cleanest service to make and distribute custom reels.

I am able to send/share work/reels at ease. I can easily make changes to reels, even after I sent them. The analytics allows me to see what works and what does not work.

Wiredrive review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Good at what it does but leaves lots of room for improvment"

What do you like best?

It's very secure. I don't feel like anyone will easily be able to hack in to our assets. Also, the support team is very helpful and quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

The interface is clunky and unintuitive. I think the clients find it intimidating and don't really utilize it the way we'd like them to. I ended up making some tutorial videos to try and help which I shouldn't have to do with a product like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on my research, this is the best option on the market, but it's still a wide-open market so hopefully they continue to improve, otherwise I would bet that some other company will come along that truly excels at this particular service.

We needed a way to house all of our client's deliverables and stock media assets so that the client could easily organize and find files, and then share them with us for use in current projects.

Wiredrive review by Jordan L.
Jordan L.

"Would never manage without Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is our go to way to share files with our many clients. It's very easy to manage projects, files, and their security. I like all the options that wiredrive has in terms of notifications and reports.

It's super easy for our less than tech proficient clients and layout is customizable and professional looking.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the reports on usage are off. There is not much else. Wiredrive is so easy to use for us and our clients.

The biggest problem it solves is helping us gain future work. Thanks to the Library function we can store a lot of past projects and then when we get a call about our capabilities I can easily create a custom presentation for the new client. That single task used to be a huge chore and take a great deal of time.

The other wonderful feature is that it is incredible easy for our clients to view the work on any device any where and any time.

Wiredrive review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Quick and easy way to get client feedback."

What do you like best?

What I like best about wiredrive is it's commenting system. Upload a video and add comments with direct links to time stamps of where specifically the comment is referring to saves me time. I don't have to scrub the timeline to find what my clients are referring to.

What do you dislike?

Updates and uploads. I dislike the dedicated popup window for uploads. I would rather have it where I am uploading directly to the folder I am in already. Also for any kind of update you need to refresh the page in order to see the change. Occasionally the comments entered break html coding and you can see the source code in the comment itself; minor glitch I'm sure just more difficult to read the comments when it happens. Would also like to be able to easliy drag and move files in and out of folders with the mouse instead of select and choosing where to move through dropdowns as it is now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this product for video comments alone. Excellent way to obtain client feedback as quickly as possible without confusion of email strings and lost comments.

The business problems I am solving by using wireframe is break down of communications. For instance lost requests and comments through email are no more with direct feedback from on specific projects right in the wireframe environment.

Wiredrive review by Sarah T.
Sarah T.

"Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

I like the uncomplicated view of wiredrive. It has nice clean lines and is easily organized.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that while in wiredrive I can not pick a still frame of the video. I have to export a frame and then save it to wiredrive. It is 1 extra step that it would be nice to not have to do. Especially when you have to do it 42 times for 1 post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend them. There are changes coming in the pipeline that sound very promising to help achieve our goals. Again, it would be really nice if there were a few features that as a post house we use daily were implemented but hopefully that will be soon. I would tell who is looking at them that customer service is awesome. They answered all of my questions and are extremely helpful when first starting out. We have not had any issues since then.

This is super helpful when creating specific reels. It solves the problem of posting our clients videos.

Wiredrive review by Jeffrey K.
Jeffrey K.

"Wiredrive is a decent tool for viewing videos with your team"

What do you like best?

I like that wiredrive can act as a central hub for all of my teams video projects. It is great that it automatically lets everyone appropriate know when a new video is uploaded, so everyone can stay up to date and know they have the most recent video cut.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get too many notifications and don't know why. When someone watches a video posted, I'll get a random email that I dont want. Not sure if i can turn this off. Also, sometimes the videos don't play randomly and that gets annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure everything is labeled well- it can be hard to find the project you are looking for sometimes. I often go folder to folder until i find the correct file- their search feature could be improved a bit.

We make sure the people who need to see our videos get to see them. They are notified when a new video is up and we can all see that they have been notified. Makes people more accountable for their action.

Wiredrive review by Christina P.
Christina P.

"Great Experience "

What do you like best?

Working with Wiredrive after working for a ton of horrible services has shown me how good Wiredrive really is. Wiredrive is always trying to have the most positive and respectful outlook on developing a strong and competitive brand.

What do you dislike?

There are growing problems as with any service, but that will just be something that fixes itself over time. There is growing room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wiredrive will help with collaborating with business partners and team members. You should give Wiredrive a chance to make your life easier. This service is help your company tremendously. I wish I would have used Wiredrive a long time ago.

Wiredrive is a web-based media manager and collaboration service that enables different teams to work together seamlessly. This has helped me to collaborate with other members of my team and make working with others more convenient and smooth sailing.

Wiredrive review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Minimal and user friendly"

What do you like best?

The interface is my favorite thing about wiredrive. It's crisp, white, and doesn't paralyze the user with too many options.

What do you dislike?

Renaming folders is difficult. I wish you could rename them from the sidebar. The only way to rename them is to click on the root folder and navigate to the one you want to rename. I also wish there was a progress bar for copying or moving items within folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations - the site is very easy to use. Make and keep subfolders to help keep yourself extra organized.

At our office we use Wiredrive as a way to present commercial edits to clients. The simple interface, combined with easy download options, and short URLs make this very simple. I've never had a client come back to us with any confusion re: the links we send them.

Wiredrive review by Russell August A.
Russell August A.

"Great for clients and rarely down, but needs a more versatile organizing interface and and API."

What do you like best?

The client-facing presentation side is great. Easy for them to use and navigate. Shortened URLs are helpful. Upload speeds are fast, and the service rarely seems to get interrupted. While I don't personally use it, the system for creating reels and archiving finished work seems to work well.

What do you dislike?

The backend system for projects is often very tedious to navigate.

Creating folders within folders, moving folders, etc. ends up being very difficult having to click each individual file, navigate the (often times extremely long) dropdown menu. The dropdown menu grows exponentially in length when using subfolders and becomes extremely difficult to navigate. What would be a 10 second task in Finder becomes a time-consuming task on Wiredrive.

Not being able to manually sort the files on a link is often a problem (we have to rename the files to have 1, 2, 3...).

An API would be indispensable for us to create custom workflows. While it's nice that we are given the option to name folders however we'd like, 99% of the time we do the exact same thing. So automating that process as much as possible would save us time and cut down on mistakes with postings. We almost always create a folder with the date, a short description, copy the link, and write an email in our email client. An API would cut down on the repetition dramatically. API would need to be able to upload, create folders, and retrieve a URL for sharing. Maybe adding a password as well.

We've been using it the same way for almost 10 years. Postings to client and reels.

Wiredrive review by Korey C.
Korey C.

"Nothing but net"

What do you like best?

So far wiredrive has been a fantastic filesharing service for me. You can send links and even share it in a manner that keeps track of who views it, you can even set links to expire at a specific time.

My company uses Wiredrive almost exclusively due to it's reliability. Recently, we started sharing the files in a specific way that allows us to keep track of who is viewing the content shared. Due to recent security issues, this helps us keep tabs on where the content is going, and therefore helps keep things under wraps.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a bit more streamlined, but I'm not an expert so I don't really have a good constructive criticism to offer. I believe one small complaint I have is that when I select an uploaded file to view it, I can't hit the "Back" button in my browser to return to the previous page. I have to press the "Back" button presented in the web page to actually return to the previous page without losing my spot. It's a small complaint, but something I always have to keep in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have nothing negative to say about Wiredrive. Try it for yourself and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I work for a television company that mainly uses Wiredrive to share content and episode edits. I'ts been extremely reliable and we've never had a reason to use another service.

Wiredrive review by Maggie H.
Maggie H.

"Depends on how you use it"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive allows for multiple forms of organization and file sharing. I like that it's easy to upload a video, maintain folders, and share links to clients.

What do you dislike?

I primarily use Wiredrive to send videos to clients for review, as well as some occasional file sharing. Wiredrive is not the best platform for either of these tasks. Given the current market, there are much better platforms for review (such as Frame.io which allows live comments and versioning) and file sharing, such as multiple FTP sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use wiredrive for simple creative file sharing. T

The biggest problem solve with wiredrive is its ease of use. Sometimes clients and end users can get bogged down by other sites with more features. Wiredrive's simple links make the process very straightforward.

Wiredrive review by Nicholas K.
Nicholas K.

"An Excellent Tool for Professionals"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed how easy Wiredrive is to use. The process of uploading files, managing content and creating links feels smooth and efficient. I also really like the Library feature and its presentation style links.

What do you dislike?

The only issue that I've had using Wiredrive has been the inability to alter links that have already been created. If an expiration date has been set, that date and time cannot be changed. I'll have to create a brand new link and manually expire the old one.

I think the major benefit of Wiredrive for my team and I is how quick we are able to distribute content to the rest of the company (or externally). Instead of having to create dvds/blurays or transfer files to hard drives, we can simply email a link and everyone is happy!

"Wiredrive Review "

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is a life saver and integral to my line of work. It allows me to assemble viewing links to send out to parties for review/approval. I can easy edit - add and remove items in seconds. It is a game changer in the Entertaiment Industry when in the "olden days" you had to send out physical DVDs.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I dislike nothing. I do not have one single issue with Wiredrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software. It is worth every penny.

Wiredrive is a cost effect way to keep a repository of folders with various versions of assets in one place for historical reference.

Wiredrive review by Jamie T.
Jamie T.

"Pretty great!"

What do you like best?

Sharing links easily and how easy it is to set up projects/user logins. I use it on a constant basis so it's really great and easy to use! It's great for company wide productivity

What do you dislike?

That there is not an easy way to use it on Mobile (that I know of), sometimes if I'm not by a computer and I need to grant someone access to it, it would be much easier if there was an app or an easier way to use it through mobile internet and be able to do all the things I do on a regular basis.

We've used WD for a long time so we already know the benefits!

Administrator in Motion Pictures and Film

"Industry-leading Tool is Powerful but Marred by Unintuitive Interface"

What do you like best?

Endless professional features built-in... links w/ built-in tracking (though imperfect), ability to share folders and complicated organizations of media, ability to have clients approve links or comment.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the media management interface on the admin side... where you're uploading files to, how one moves folders, renames files or folders, navigates, etc, etc, could be much more intuitive.

I wish system would automatically compress and serve media dynamically based on users device or connection -- lots of clients/agency watching on mobile devices these days, and would prefer not to have to instruct editors to always compress for smthg in-between.

In a perfect world, the actual URLS of links generated would be a little more clean... /project-name/version-name/etc

I'm not crazy about sending links via Share function, prefer to 'Get Link', but that doesn't allow clients to approve, flag, make notes, etc... Imagine there are some technical limitations there, but a guy can dream...

I'd love either a mobile admin app or a a mobile version of site. Often need to generate new links when on my phone, but it's not very easy... seems like current app is designed only for agency/client and directors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a best practices document for all editors that will be uploading to your account.

I mean, I would imagine WireDrive knows the needs of their customers relatively well... We use it for that. We've tried to use Vimeo, Frame.io, Dropbox, our own custom system, I'm probably forgetting something else... Wiredrive is the most comprehensive and the most professions.

We DO NOT use it for sharing photos though... I don't like the aesthetics/animations/client presentation enough. I deal w/ the nightmare Flash-based backend of DPHOTO because I love the way their galleries look and work!

Administrator in Motion Pictures and Film

"Simple to use and great customer service."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and organizational tools. The software is simple to use on a user level and easy to teach to incoming team members. Videos play effortlessly regardless of device, whether desktops, laptops, tablets, or mobile, and our teams and reps use all. Making changes is nearly instant and the array of metadata options make it easy to create simple and effective search fields.

What do you dislike?

Amount of space vs. price. With the growing quality and quantity of content being shot the price per month seems steep, especially when compared to some other services. Wiredrive has adjusted in the past to meet new requirements but that hasn't happened this year, but I'm confident it will. It would be nice to have the option to make adjusts to the site layout without having to contact support, but they are very fast when the need arises. Customizable user categories would also be nice, as the pre-set options do not always fit what a user needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The industry standard, easy to use, plenty of options, but the need for someone skilled in compression in necessary. Amount of space per price is high but I imagine this will shift with coming competitors and the falling cost of memory.

We quickly build and send reels and projects, whether individual users or in teams, and the simple system offered makes this a painless process, especially with new members.

Wiredrive review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Highly Recommended for Providing Streaming Content to Clients! "

What do you like best?

I highly recommend WireDrive for its ease of use! I'm an Assistant Editor on "America's Got Talent," and we've been using WireDrive for years.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about WireDrive is that it no longer supports many of the popular internet browsers. When subbing out a portion of a longer QuickTime clip, or when stitching together individual acts to form a full episode, WireDrive has sync issues with certain browsers, where the audio is many seconds out of sync with the picture. For this reason, we are no longer able to stitch together pieces of quicktimes, or sub out small portions of longer quicktimes, and upload to WireDrive. This is a huge inconvenience in the work place. It also adds more risk when sending a rough cut of an episode to the Network, which looks fine for us, but may not play correctly for the Network (NBC).

If an hour and a half-long output finishes, only for us to realize there was a mistake on the slate, we now have to re-export the entire hour and a half-output, rather than just re-exporting the slate and stitching it together like we used to do. What a huge inconvenience!

It gets cuts to clients very fast!

Wiredrive review by Damon V.
Damon V.

"Saves me daily when I need to get videos out in a hurry!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that when I need to get something in front of someone in a hurry and I don't have time to wait for the back and forth with a post company or such that I can knock it out myself and get it in front of the team instantly.

What do you dislike?

I liked the way you used to copy and paste, was a bit quicker and more efficient in my opinion. Now I have to highlight it and when I paste it is in a larger type with a gray backdrop and my email doesn't look as nice as it could. So I usually go back and change the font and size and remove the gray backdrop it now brings.

The ability to send something or a batch of things to someone quickly and being able to bypass having to reach out to someone else to do it for me.

I have realized some shortcuts that are nice and have made the use even easier.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Can't imagine life without Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Wiredrive is the ease of use and practicality of it. I don't know of another service like it that allows such a seamless service between companies to display a variety of presentations. It seems like the gold standard in the advertising industry.

What do you dislike?

There is only one negative comment I have. I wish there was a different way to label files. The files are listed in alphabetical order and we have to come up with file names that we'd rather not use to get them in the order we need them to be. I also wish that you could choose if you want the "Wiredrive numbers" to show up since some clients get confused between those numbers and the version numbers we give the files.

We are solving the problem of getting our clients the quickest and most efficient presentation of materials. This allows decisions to be made quickly as Advertising is a very fast paced business. We are able to meet deadlines easier than we ever could before Wiredrive. Communication can even be done within Wiredrive so that outside emails or phone calls aren't particularly necessary. It's also super useful to have the app.

Administrator in Entertainment

"Easy to Send, Easy To Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to create such a professional presentation is the best! The main aspect I love is the user front, where you are able to select users and send them a single email for them to work off of. This makes it easy to track file reception (based on who watches it) and makes it easy to deliver to clients.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way in folder view to see file/folder sizes. Often when cleaning up extra space, I notice a single project contains a high GB of files, but when going through, it's hard to assess from a glance which folders contain larger files.

The quick delivery to clients has been the biggest problem solver, and the ease of one platform to access all files. Rather than have to keep all files on separate company websites, we have one site (WireDrive) where all of our files are together, and the delivery platform is one many can agree on.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Egg digs Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

In the last five years we’ve gotten to know several people at Wiredrive, and about a year ago I called Rob simply to tell him how amazed I was that we’ve never experienced an issue that prevented us from making a delivery on time. That’s pretty amazing to me. None of the elegant functionality of Wiredrive would matter if it didn’t work consistently. But it works uber-consistently, and that means everything in the industries we play in.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like. This is minor, but it's an annoyance. I don't like that when I upload content that I have to manually refresh the page in order to see the content and create a link. It would be elegant if the page automatically refreshed.

When we started working with Wiredrive four years ago we needed a way to deliver the music we make to clients. But it’s not like we just need to deliver a single track. We’re often delivering lots of tracks, many of which will undergo several rounds of revisions over the course of days or weeks. And most of the time we’re also sending our music attached to bulky video files.

The industries we work in (film, tv, and advertising) are (as everyone reading this knows) super fast paced. Producers don’t have time to be wondering if they’re looking at or downloading the correct file. So we needed a way to deliver media that was elegant, that allowed us to keep everything well organized, and also one with fast upload and download speeds. Wiredrive checked all of these boxes, and still does.

We also needed a way to organize our existing work, a tool that allowed us to construct reels to send to client. Wiredrive’s library feature has worked perfectly for this purpose.

Finally we needed a way for people to view our work without having to download, especially as more and more clients are reviewing work on their smartphones. Wiredrive’s browser view feature has been an awesome way to provide this option for our clients.

"Video Editor"

What do you like best?

Quick upload, great queueing. Very easy to use and feels very safe. Many people in the agency even those who may not be too tech savvy are very quick to learning the user interface.

What do you dislike?

I don't run the account but I'm constantly being pestered to keep files off of the site as we are billed for the space we use. I see the benefit of only having files uploaded that you need but often times we run into situations where clients refer to old links that have been deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To know the difference between long term cloud storage and a solution for sending large files rather quickly. To make sure people know its a solution for file transferring and not basic cloud storage.

It's a great way to share video files within the office. Like I said most people here pick up the UI very quickly so it makes it easy to speak the Wiredrive language between colleagues.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"A Great service with plenty of room for improvement"

What do you like best?

I like how the project section is structured, its mostly easy to use and makes it easy to keep information secure through its team member management system. We often work on projects that require NDA's and a high level of sensitivity when it comes to who see's the information, Wiredrive has the features to allow us to keep this information secure while being able to easily share it.

What do you dislike?

1. I don't like that you can't "lock" a shared presentation. E.g. We have Base Reels for each director that our reps use as a starting point for constructing a reel on each job. However sometimes they forget to copy the reel and work off of that before making changes, which messes up the base reel for anyone who comes after, if an admin was able to lock a reel it would prevent this kind of thing from happening.

2. The separation between Admin and Library is sometimes frustrating and unintuitive, I should be able to make fast basic changes to videos in my library without having to go to the menu, hit admin, then re-search for my video all over again in order to make minor changes. can you build an edit button into the library so when you notice something while playing a video you can just hit that button and it makes the title/client etc sections editable instantly.

3. I don't like that I can't create a unique link for an individual video without having to build a presentation. If I just want to quickly send one video, I should be able to generate a link from library to share it quickly, rather than spending the time to build a presentation, which then clogs up the presentation list unnecessarily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool if you are organized on your end, there is plenty of flexibility to customize the Wiredrive platform to fit your needs

We are able to maintain accountability within our own company and create solid timelines of when we receive cuts from various post companies. The projects section has turned out to be a great resource for that. as Soona s we receive content, we download it, add it to a dated folder inside of a project for that job so we have a complete history of ewverything we have received for that commercial, we can go back and reference any earlier materials we have received. I love that.

"Wiredrive Review"

What do you like best?

The features are great. The platform does exactly what it says it does. A lot of bells and whistles, but you don't have to use them if you don't want. And they're very quick to fix any issues you may have. I had an issue with their newest roleout of features. The email formatting came in wrong, and double spaced lines. I began a support ticket with them, and it was resolved within the week.

What do you dislike?

Because of clients running different platforms, it is hard for them to cater to all of them, but if there is an issue, they fix it promptly.

I send out assets to clients daily, and Wiredrive is a charm to use this for. The formatting of the emails is nice and the team work with me to make sure that it looks exactly how I want it to look. They have a great support staff. Any issue I've had has been remedied quickly.

Wiredrive review by Alexis R.
Alexis R.

"Wiredrive: The Way We Share"

What do you like best?

The "Get Link" feature that allows me to just send a hyperlink in an email (without requiring anyone on the receiving end to need an app of any sort). Makes for such easy sharing.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in terms of creating and organizing folders that are less instinctive than they could be. There are also some limitations in terms of sending individual pieces of media vs. folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you properly train your Wiredrive users, and implement a consistent system for using it, Wiredrive can be a completely effective and very very useful business tool. But the training is extremely important...make sure people use it properly and it will work wonders for you!

Wiredrive solves the problem of sharing media with people in various places, many of whom are watching cuts on their phones or laptops, and can't deal with being sent something that requires them to download an app or a piece of software. We've been able to get answers more quickly by sharing cuts via Wiredrive.

Wiredrive review by Emily P.
Emily P.

"Wiredive review"

What do you like best?

It has a user-friendly set up. Easy to create links and generally navigate. Not confusing.

What do you dislike?

The upload can be a bit slow for bigger files. Even something as little as 1-2gbs can take 30-40 minutes. It would also be nice to be able to upload whole folder without having to compress them.

The "copy link" button was removed. As someone who creates and sends links to a lot of clients, that button honestly saved a lot of time. It's a bit inconvenient to have to highlight and copy the link. That button was just a great, easy to use feature.

We're a creative company, so we have to send our content out to our clients often for them to review and give us back notes. We also have to deliver graphics to clients, which we use Wiredrive for as well. It's easy to create downloadable links for those clients.

Wiredrive review by Agency
Agency

"One of the best Media Sharing"

What do you like best?

With Wiredrive, you can Share your workspaces for projects and all your teams, you can control the access and the user permissions and do the best organizationof your work to match your workflow exactly. Its easy to share work instantly and complet securely

What do you dislike?

II have not found anything that could be worth mentioning that I did not like since I consider it a very complete program, maybe just as a note that I would add more designs to customize since I find very few designs included

It has made it easier for me to show the presentations in all my meetings and the possibility of showing my work where I had to work, with great ease and security when working and using wiredrive daily and the possibility of using passwords and expiration dates for some jobs.

Wiredrive review by Nick P.
Nick P.

"Wiredrive continues to be immensely useful in my daily workflow. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Wiredrive is easy to upload, organize and send media to clients for review and delivery.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Wiredrive daily for a few years and because of it's simplicity and ease of use, I haven't found myself disliking anything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It was easy for our teams to get on board and start using it right away. A must for video production services.

As a production company, we use Wiredrive to ship video deliverables but also send files for review. We work on multiple projects at once, not just my team but a whole department of several hundred. Wiredrive makes it easy to organize for each team to work with it without confusing what and who's where?

Wiredrive review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall better than other services we have used. Lacking a few features we miss."

What do you like best?

The stability.

Not having to wait for a zip file to be created when downloading multiple files or full presentations. (Simian took ages)

Audio waveform image. (Not available in Simian)

Upload/Download speeds. (Much better than Simian)

Wiredrive's reputation.

Ability to play back video files with WAV/AIF audio streams (Simian was not able to do so)

What do you dislike?

Not being able to re-order files/folders in projects. (Was able to on Simian and Ci Could)

The presentation bundle layout. (prefer the format on Simian)

Cost vs other services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not really sure how to answer this. I could help them with workflow tips I use or how it works, but in terms of "recommendations", I'm not really sure.

Sorry, don't know what to add here other than just the general file sharing for review / approval. The importance of a good service is reenforced everyday.

Wiredrive review by Derek T.
Derek T.

"Wiredrive is pretty good!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to upload and organize folders. We chew through TONS of footage and tests. I especially like the way it creates shortened URLS and copies with two clicks!

What do you dislike?

After uploading, it'd be nice to have the page auto-refresh. I have to manually refresh when video uploads are done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system for viewing off-site dailies and rough cut exports!

We are solving problems of people being on set that would not ordinarily be able to view clips/dailies without Wiredrive

Wiredrive review by Vincent T.
Vincent T.

"Wiredrive is great!"

What do you like best?

I use wiredrive every day at work to package and deliver large files. It's quick, simple and effective. Many file sharing services are cumbersome or expensive, while Wiredrive has a simple interface and is extremely reliable.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while, when I'm simultaneously uploading multiple large files, the site may crash and shut down my browser. Additionally, it is a little hard to remove files from the wiredrive...it takes too many steps and clicks to get to that point.

Wiredrive allows me to deliver files to clients in a timely and efficient manner. It has benefitted our speed of work and efficiency.

User in Entertainment

"This is my go-to. I use it daily for virtually everything. "

What do you like best?

Wiredrive upload is super fast, reliable and flexible. Love the ability to create my own file name architecture. Love that it can be password protected and appreciate the ability to expire the links. I also really appreciate there are almost no size limitations. I have sent files from 3 mgs to 7 gigs. Fast upload and never an issue.

What do you dislike?

Although it's a very minor point - having to refresh to populate the uploads. Also, very limited ability to change project names. Going through the projects to delete old files is cumbersome. Doesn't playback overseas (we're in the US and frequently go to the UK for meetings where we have to send files via Dropbox)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a really fast, easy, dependable file delivery method, go with Wiredrive. I have ftp partitions, dropbox, wetransfer and an Aspera account and Wiredrive beats them all for speed and ease of use. What's great is the recipient doesn't need a P2P connection, be in your 'community' or have a business account. You send them the link and they can see it. Only drawback is Wiredrive doesn't playback overseas.

I use Wiredrive for everything - VFX shot approvals, sending spot links to executives, viewing only (no download) of confidential content to outside contractors, sending music cues to editors, sending large documents to Legal, etc. I truly mean I use it for EVERYTHING.

"Could Be Better"

What do you like best?

The website UI's dark theme of greys and blacks that match the rest of my dark themed apps.

What do you dislike?

Upload and download speed is not consistent . I live in Europe and notice a huge decline in speed, from about 2 MB/s on my 150mbit connection, down to 300KB/s once America wakes up and is in peak hours.

Interface feels a bit old. I'd like to see it work more like a web app where you can drag and drop files, rearrange the order on the fly, rather than the clicking and updating you have to currently do. Overall it doesn't feel as fast and responsive as Google Drive or Mega, which I prefer to use.

Price... well actually I don't know how much it costs, but I remember it being overpriced when I used to work at an ad agency, and spending too much time constantly clearing out files because we couldn't afford to upgrade to more space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Mega.nz is a lot cheaper, not to mention Google Drive which both have much better transfer speeds. Wiredrive is just luckily to be the first and get name recognition as the standard secure-video-review service in the video/advertising industry.

No problems that couldn't also be solved with Google Drive which I prefer more.

Wiredrive review by Aiden J.
Aiden J.

"Functional and reliable"

What do you like best?

I like the range of features wiredrive has to offer as it covers a lot of our companys aspects. It is laid out in a simple and easy to use manner.

What do you dislike?

Whilst simple and easy, the interface at times can feel clunky. Speed in searching through archive can sometimes take a little longer as it constantly resets itself to the first page and can lag, however this may be due to our content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Full total solution.

The flexibility of not only presenting work but sending it to be downloaded for clients with options for backing up work.

Wiredrive review by Madeleine B.
Madeleine B.

"We'd be lost without wiredrive"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the interface makes it so anyone can use it.

What do you dislike?

I'd like there to be a feature where you can see the emails you've sent in each project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with Wiredrive. It's extremely simple and foolproof. They customize the page to your business and saves tons of data for you. We love it!

We're able to share information with composers extremely easily. We use it to upload video, audio and other files for composers to work with. They can also upload their original tracks in the same place, which makes it very simple.

Wiredrive review by Dalan M.
Dalan M.

"Video Editor's use of Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

The interface and it's ease of use. It's easy for me to upload and share files and I get a notification when the link has been viewed. I know when and when not to bother the producers!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more analytical tools. So I can see how many views my videos are getting and which users are watching them and downloading the files.

Making files easily sharable with producers, project managers and account people is super helpful. Them being able to quickly and easily share work with clients is super helpful as well.

Wiredrive review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Wiredrive: great for tv cut reviews"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is a great and secure alternative to the likes of YouTube and other similar services. Uploading media is also incredibly easy and fast.

What do you dislike?

Storage space limits can be annoying. When upload anywhere from a few megabytes to gigs in a month keeping track of space is the last thing I want to do with multiple shows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very full featured at the right price.

Wiredrive helped us to send out cuts in a timely manner without a loss in quality. The benefits are improved when using admin tools to track who's watching what.

Wiredrive review by C. M.
C. M.

"Quick, Easy, and Comprehensive Data Sharing"

What do you like best?

We can share all kind of files including large data file such as psd.

What do you dislike?

- It would be better if we can put memo on the file.

- It would be better if we can set a flag as a to-do

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Quick Data Uploading/Downloading

- Easy Data Sharing

- Easy Data Organizing

- Useful for every kind of data files including large data such as psd

I'm managing sales promotion and handling some creatives. WireDrive helps me to share those creative data with team members working in New York and Tokyo.

Wiredrive review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Wiredrive - An Odyssey"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is incredibly easy to use. Not only are our clients able to pick up the gist of it quickly, but training others takes very little time.

What do you dislike?

I really wish there would be an option to have files remove themselves from the server after a designated amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Wiredrive as it can serve many needs including both media management and media delivery.

Using it to send video cuts to clients. It's fast and simple and most clients are able to view cuts quickly and easily.

"Functional and Practical"

What do you like best?

- easy to organize by projects

- multiple ways to send files either via email or through wiredrive internal

- accepts multiple format types

- Multiple team members can be logged in at the same time

- I can see how many files are in each folder

- The best feature by far is that I can make changes to folders and projects even after sending them to clients.

What do you dislike?

- For large projects, folder structure becomes annoying and hard to manage

- Wish you could send through media through wiredrive that are password protected instead of just using a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- easy to use and send all types of files and manage projects

- sending files to clients for download and review

- requesting files from clients

Wiredrive review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Expensive, mostly reliable, with a few things on my wish-list"

What do you like best?

I rarely have trouble with reliability on wiredrive, Clients can view and download presentations without issue. It offers a clean interface and easy to use uploader.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to choose the order of items in a presentation without having to prepend them with a number. It would also be great to be able to select the thumbnail for the video without having to upload one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple, reliable, and if you can afford it I'm sure it's worth it.

We use wiredrive daily to present our work to clients

Wiredrive review by Daniel K.
Daniel K.

"Intuitive tool, love it"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to share, share, share. And, I like the ability to share easily, on the go or at my desk. The ability to view on my mobile device was a GREAT feature. All in all I have used wiredrive for over 5 years and love where its at.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a drag and drop order feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

I am able to share internally and externally very easily. We make A LOT of content that requires A LOT of approvals, internal and external.

"Wiredrive review"

What do you like best?

Interface is intuitive and easy to use. Client facing presentation is clean and works well on all platforms, including mobile. Customizable attributes such as expiration and downloading files are convenient and appreciated.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to assign other accounts to projects- seems counter intuitive to have to go to users page and then check a box from there. Should be able to via the project page.

I would also like the page to auto-refresh after the uploads are complete, in case I lose the upload window behind other windows. Then I can easily tell if the files were uploaded successfully or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If sharing video and images is a major part of your business, wiredrive excels greatly at it.

Aside from the main uses such as client postings and sharing portfolios/reels, I've also been using wiredrive as a faux FTP/file transfer client of sorts. Lots of clients can't figure out FTP, but giving them a link to download larger files seems to go over great.

Wiredrive review by Ryan K.
Ryan K.

"Working with Wiredrive is a smoothe process"

What do you like best?

The application is very user friendly and easy to use. You can add as many folders and sub folders as you like.

What do you dislike?

Some parts are hard to navigate. Its not immediatatley apparant, how to make seperate projects, or how to add people to you mailing list. This could be made simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would.

It's smooth and easy to send work using wiredrive. The benefits are being abale to control how the recipients recieve the work. What acess they have, giving it password protection etc...

Wiredrive review by Gary Leon B.
Gary Leon B.

"I use on a daily basis. It's the best for client reviews in my opinion. "

What do you like best?

How smooth the upload process is, and the folder structures save my life on a daily basis. Keeping track of presentations is important, and Wire-drive allows me to do that.

What do you dislike?

We are told that we can't upload certain things as it's too expensive. For example I love keeping EDLs and AAFs on wire-drive so I can track what I've done. But I've heard that we're only aloud to upload QTs as the space is pricy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best for presentations. It keeps clients and directors happy.

We can get a cut to a client in no time at all, and that they can view it on their phones with ease.

Wiredrive review by Donald E.
Donald E.

"It's an easy user interface but could use better functionality. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use by creating projects and folder structures. Playback is great too.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to add feedback in the links we send. It would be nice for the client or contractor to be able to pause in specific areas and create notes. Basically like Frame.io.

Also, being able to transfer videos from the Projects side to the Library. Having to download a video and re upload to the library is annoying.

Much easier for our clients to review, faster turnaround.

Wiredrive review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Wiredrive Review "

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is a great platform for showcasing your work. I like the Presentation feature, which allows you to fully customize your viewers experience. I also like that you have the ability to replace a video. Another great feature is that you can input metadata in the Library that allows you to later search by tags and team members.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is how long it takes Wiredrive to load pages when compared to other sites such as Box or Dropbox.

At our video production company, we're solving the problem of displaying our work in a streamlined way. Wiredrive helps us do this from the onset of a project all the way to the exhibition of our final product.

Wiredrive review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"WireDrive Rewview"

What do you like best?

I work in video production, and WireDrive was a great resource to share cuts of videos within my agency and to clients. The website was branded with our agency and had a very professional look.

What do you dislike?

There were times that we were looking for old content/links and it was difficult to access things that had been moved or deleted. I wish there was a better archive process

WireDrive was a great resource in getting projects or pieces of projects approved. Our projects have many stages of approval they need to go through, and with just a quick upload and a few clicks later, we had a link to share with anyone we needed.

User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Great experience for high quality video streaming"

What do you like best?

I love the 720p, high quality videos that stream easily.

The layout and categories/tags are easily discernible.

Sending reels/spots is simple and easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that in gallery view there are only two categories available to see. When many people want to make reels, they enjoy the gallery view, but wish there were more content instead of having to switch to LIST mode which takes up way more of the page.

Adding one more category to this would help immensely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into it, but the small amount of category options in GALLERY mode is a bummer.

Overall, it was exactly as we expected. We wanted a higher quality service for streaming and we received.

Wiredrive review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Wiredrive is am efficient, reliable way for our video editors to share cuts for review."

What do you like best?

Video uploads are fast, and being able to upload a batch saves time. It's easy to generate and share links for stakeholder feedback. Being able to replace files and keep the same shared link is valuable.

What do you dislike?

There's room for improvement with folder management. It would be great if the interface was more drag-and-drop, and if you could right-click to create new folders.

Our team needed an efficient, clean solution for sharing video files with producers, content managers, course authors, and documentary subjects. Wiredrive allows us to easily collaborate and review files from anywhere.

Wiredrive review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"very easy to work witj"

What do you like best?

Easy way to organize files within projects, and the ability to rename files and reorganize after upload

What do you dislike?

Occasionally a compressed/archived file will be corrupted after it's downloaded on the other end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system that you should consider as a way to send small-to-medium sized files.

Faster/easier way to send out assets or reference files allows us to get info to the people we need more efficiently. it works better than our older system and we've had less hiccups.

"Dependable-User Friendly "

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to use. If you need to upload a file quickly and be reliable, this is a great software to consider.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will not work properly when there are server issues (i.e. can't upload/make quick links). BUT their helpdesk service is quick to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a great software t use when you have many different projects going on at the same time and need it to be organized where anyone can login and navigate through easily.

I have realized that when it comes to organize projects using Wiredrive, it's super easy and quick. Our department always needs speed and this is what I would recommend to people that are looking to send files quickly.

Wiredrive review by Edgar M.
Edgar M.

"wiredrive is okay but i wish the UI could be more intuitive "

What do you like best?

the pixel accurate preview for sharing digital content is great. and the quick share links are a better way for sharing content with multiple parties without having to zip or upload content to services such as hightail or wesent it.

What do you dislike?

probably their project management / folder structure it feels a little dated and the UI for deleting, moving, and editing folders and content feels a little dated. it could be more intuitive

Our design studio is looking for a platform for sharing, and reviewing digital content such as online media internally and externally with clients. the challenge is probably that all parties do not necessarily utilize any of the in-depth features, such as approving or commenting tools.

Wiredrive review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall good experience with Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

Super convenient & great to be able to control access by adding a password protected link. For the most part, ease of use. Anyone can access via shareable link. I like that you can share large video files. I also enjoy that recipients can preview material.

What do you dislike?

I think the way to create and move items around in folders is clunky and could be improved from a UX perspective. It was not intuitive until a co-worker showed me how to move items into other folders once I had created new folders. Also not intuitive on how to rename folders. If this were easier, I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Ease of use for client review

Wiredrive review by Ali G.
Ali G.

"Wiredrive Review"

What do you like best?

It is simple to set up. Creating reels and sending them is a perfect way to show your material to clients and I believe this company does it very well. I also like how you can see how many times clips or reels have been viewed.

What do you dislike?

The cost. Starting out as a business, this is a pricey expense. It is worth it, but the funds have to be there in order to invest in this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the funds, it is a great tool.

Putting together reels for clients and sending them to different corporations and vendors.

"Production Manager"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is a great place to store all of our videos and create reels to share. The project section is also great to send out and transfer files while working on projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an option to send a link for a single video in the library as apposed to having to create a new presentation to put the 1 video in then get link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great "cloud-like" website that allows you to archive and share data throughout your group and with clients as you choose.

Again, this is a great way to constantly create custom reels to send out to clients and transfer data while working on projects.

Wiredrive review by Briana P.
Briana P.

"Great Software!"

What do you like best?

Great software for sharing large projects - large videos or massive Adobe files! Really love that there is not a limit to the amount of contributors to any given project.

What do you dislike?

Dislike the process it takes to change the branding of your homepage - our team logo looks a little pixelate.

Great benefit of having a lot of contributors!

Wiredrive review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Wiredrive allows us to share edits quickly and safely"

What do you like best?

The ability to create custom links and password protected links that can expire. We can decide who have access to which folders and who can be an administrator.

What do you dislike?

Newest folders don't always default to the top position. Sometimes the uploads will stop even with a good internet connection, which means someone has to stay at the office until the upload is complete, just incase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to have everything organized on a online. Managing what people can see what which folders they have access too. Adding and removing users from folders is easy as well.

Sharing time sensitive material and receiving an email when viewed. Sharing files with clients that should only be seen by them, the link can then expire the next day.

"Decent File Server"

What do you like best?

The ability to store large files on an external source. Upload tool is quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

We have run into problems - primarily an older file showing up when it has been replaced with a newer file. I also feel that the user interface could be a lot more intuitive with managing and organizing. Once a folder is created, it is very difficult to reorganize the system at a later point in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is definitely more geared for client review as opposed to being a true asset to inter department work thanks in part to it's difficulty in navigation at times. It is also difficult to trust the file replace when there is a chance that it would not actually be updated on the client's end.

We're solving how to get large files viewable to our clients easily while also being able to track whether they have viewed it or not.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"The RIght Idea, The Wrong Execution."

What do you like best?

I like that we use it as both a Works in Progress Review System, as well as a Spots Library for building reels.

The UI is pretty straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I HATE how the two are so disjointed - we should be able to move in and out of the library and projects with ease, not having to download and re-upload the spots when going from WIP to Finished.

There's a HUGE lack of admin tools, in terms of spot management and batch changes.

We're solving a works in progress presentation and reel creation, outward facing spots library.

Wiredrive review by User in Music
User in Music

"Wiredrive Assessment Survey"

What do you like best?

I work in music production and we yse Wiredrive as a project management platform. As a producer, I like that I can add selected users to have access to a specific project and use it as our management hub. We also use it to send presentations to client.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more in-depth data analysis for presentations. When a presentation is viewed, I get pinged. I would like to see a "download" alert added in the future, as a lot of presentations are downloaded by clients.

Wiredrive is my project-management hub - I use it every day and it plays a large role in the day-to-day productivity of my job.

Wiredrive review by Greg M.
Greg M.

"Easy and Trusted"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Drag and drop and you're all set. Very easy and quick to use, and the links stay live long enough that I can return to them and re-send when the original recipient loses the file.

What do you dislike?

Inability to generate URL until file is completely uploaded. I Usually try to send the email with a link while the large file is still uploading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple file sharing if you don't need ultra security

Fast file share out with multiple people, with a reliable link.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Wiredrive is a crucial, well-designed tool that we rely on heavily."

What do you like best?

The user interface is clean, simple, and customizable, which are all great attributes. The simplicity of posting or sharing a link is very helpful, and the ability to stay organized is great.

What do you dislike?

The ability to edit folders isn't always clear- Ability to rename files should also be simpler.

I'd love if there was an easier way to assign people to certain projects and consolidate one project into another.

We are an advertising agency that does everything from broadcast ot digital, so we use Wiredrive to share roughcuts, deliverables, stills, etc. We share internally and with clients. It's so simple to help everyone review, much faster than attaching/downloading a file.

Wiredrive review by Gabriela L.
Gabriela L.

"Using wiredrive has changed the way we manage communications with clients"

What do you like best?

I like the very simple user interface and the possibility to have different projects saved and shared so seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it may take a long time to upload content.

My clients are not able to open things like google drives / google docs or wetransfer so being able to give them access to the files they need via wiredrive has really change the way we handle communication and file sharing.

Wiredrive review by Christian S.
Christian S.

"Wiredrive is a great program for sharing AV materials "

What do you like best?

Fast upload speeds, drag and drop, 1000x faster than regular services

What do you dislike?

For some reason my browser has the wrong password saved no matter how many times I change it

Not so much a dislike but I don't really use the library function at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

recommend it wholeheartedly, several smaller boutique agencies have switched because of our recommendation

wiredrive took us from DVD's and flash drives to a full online system

Administrator in Entertainment

"Very Helpful for business"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is like any other "share your files" website, but it offers tracking that no one else does. At any point you will know if someone looked at your link or if they didn't. Lots more data is available to you and helps with accountability.

Also the customer service has always been very quick and helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is some information in the "reports" page that isn't available in just plain "Projects" and vice versa. Sometimes if you want to know one thing, you have to switch back and forth between the pages and it's cumbersome

As I said before, Wiredrive keeps track of accountability. If frivolous files are being uploaded and copied without any foresight or checking. Wiredrive offers a quick way to solve the problem so that files don't get lost.

Wiredrive review by Casey C.
Casey C.

"A great app for media sharing"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive allows a place for editors, producers, and project managers to quickly post and view videos with great frame rate and fast loading. It also makes it easy to review and collaborate on media.

What do you dislike?

Some of the controls aren't entirely intuitive - clicking on a video's file name doesn't take you to the video, it takes you to a pop-up box to change the file name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We pay by the GB, so make sure to keep your room clean! We have separate spaces for reviews and archives, so keep aware of how much space you're using.

Quick access across departments and employees (and across coasts!) to video.

"Reliable Business Tool"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive links work consistently across all desktop OS, on phones, tablets. I never hear that a client could not access material that I've sent them through Wiredrive.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky. This is a relatively expensive subscription service, but it doesn't always feel like a high-end service when I'm using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've used BaseCamp or Dropbox, but had issues sharing video content, then Wiredrive is definitely worth a trial run.

I have many clients all over the country and I have a constant need for a reliable way to share and track the sharing of video content. Wiredrive has never let me down.

User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Wiredrive - Better than Most"

What do you like best?

Good interface, feels like most file management systems. Easy to generate links and plays video back very well.

What do you dislike?

Iffy interface when it comes to moving things and doing anything in bulk. It is definitely not meant for quick work or for complex work. Best when making one folder at the root level. Also, bulk could be handled better. As it gets more crowded in your folders, very hard to clean up neatly.

We use it for posting links of videos to clients and for that its one of the better systems I've used. I appreciate the customization, the smooth playback and the focus on what matters.

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

I like batch assigning metadata to library clips. I like the ability to very specifically assign permissions for users.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had the ability to track reel viewing more closely. I wish there was a utility to compress and upload at the same time. Basically I wish it was Simian. Pending / batch could be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Closely weigh this product and its price and features with other vendors. It blows products like frame.io out of the water, but it falls short in features and price when compared to Simian.

Wiredrive is industry standard and basically a shorthand. Everyone knows how to use it.

"WireDrive Is a Savior"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Wiredrive is that it's dependable. I never have to worry if someone received my Wiredrive link or not. It's very efficient.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky to navigate within Wiredrive. When I accidentally put a file in the wrong folder, it's annoying that I cannot simple move that file to the appropriate folder. Also, I wish I could upload folders. It becomes an extra step when I have to create a folder within Wiredrive just to upload another folder on my computer. My workaround is creating zip files, but I'd prefer to just upload folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Wiredrive. It's fast, reliable, and super easy to use!

It's great for sharing large files in a matter of minutes. I also really like the expiration setting where a link will automatically shut down. That feature has come in handy.

Wiredrive review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"Wiredrive Review"

What do you like best?

As someone who users Wiredrive daily in the post production world, it is extremely well set up and allows for easy transfer of important files. Rarely is there a "down" moment.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I would add would be the ability to change the link name to something custom, rather than the generated one.

We are solving how to swiftly transfer files in a friendly, client facing manner.

Wiredrive review by Anthony C.
Anthony C.

"Wiredrive is a great experience all around."

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is very intuitive with a clean interface. It is easy to create new projects, upload files and share links with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Wiredrive is a extremely useful tool all around, I would love to see a service option for an average consumer. I would love to use Wiredrive for my personal use outside of my employer with appropriate costs for that environment.

I have been able to share very important projects and files very quickly through Wiredrive.

Wiredrive review by Raul L.
Raul L.

"Wiredrive...just okay."

What do you like best?

The ability to share projects with various users across the country. Having the ability to create user logins and share on specific projects is a benefit.

What do you dislike?

It's not very user friendly. Wish it had more of a drag and drop functionality. You have to constantly refresh a page to see any edits. Also you cannot undue any likes or actions to photos. There should be some way to also move photos in libraries to projects; you have to individually download each one which is such a pain.

Being able to provide a way to share photos and projects with various users.

"Wiredrive is amazing "

What do you like best?

I like being able to make new folders anywhere and easily move or delete items from anywhere in the project directory to anywhere else super fast

What do you dislike?

I wish the directory was integrated with the apple finder window structure a little more. It's easy to use but a bit closer to the apple desktop of my mac would be handy...

It would also be good if I could drag whole folder structures into the drag and drop menu, rather than having to make new folders for each thing I already have folders and sub folders for on my desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It never let's us down and is a joy to use

Being able to create, edit and customize showreels of commercials to share with agencies and also being able to share video and still reference files with cinematographers in pre-production...

Wiredrive review by Vincent G.
Vincent G.

"Essential for Post Production"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Professional looking. Very reliable.

What do you dislike?

Can't stay logged in for security reasons, but when you post someone every day its a little annoying but understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch out for their auto transcoding. Ensure your are following their guidelines for compression otherwise they will transcode on the fly and the colors will be off.

Before WireDrive we used to post to a raw directory on our ftp server. This is FAR more professional.

Wiredrive review by Pamala B.
Pamala B.

"Reps for Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

The UX is pretty good. And the search is quite fast.

What do you dislike?

Mobile access / layout.

Not able to star spots that I always use or favorite.

Titling hidden when there are more characters. Wish the preview text was something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

pls take out sourcecreative. they are awful.

I work with 7 companies with all their own wiredrives. Wish I could toggle easier.

Wiredrive review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"I use Wiredrive to upload video postings for clients, final delivery of projects, and video storage."

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is easy to navigate, it has a user friendly interface. Upload times are fast, never have to wait too long when specs are correct for upload. I've really had no hassle with the website and felt comfortable using it from the very first day.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, as a FTP it does its job as well as I could imagine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No complaints, it works as great as advertised.

I need to get clients current postings of projects as fast as possible, Wiredrive has delivered on all fronts and makes my job easier. When the day has ended and I want to get home, Wiredrive provides a reliable service. I can count on this product to upload videos I need to send out.

Wiredrive review by David S.
David S.

"Wiredrive"

What do you like best?

Links that can be sent to download/ review content directly on mobile, tablet, laptop, or desktop

What do you dislike?

The password feature does not allow for secure enough passwords. The upload and download time is significantly slower than most other FTP solutions.

Client communications across OS and PC and within difference browsers/ firewalls. This has been the most consistent way to share content.

Administrator in Entertainment

"Wiredrive Review for a EPK and BTS Marketing/Production Company"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is a great platform for displaying and sharing media to clients around the world. From a company's point of view where pieces from a multitude of editors and departments needs to post content for client's review, there are so many positives about Wiredrive. What I like best is how easy and straightforward the UI is - and the ability to structure folders and media in a way that mirrors our own infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Wiredrive. There are times when it goes down and I have to use an alternative method to deliver media to clients, but that's usually rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Typically this product saves time and money as compared to using other alternatives of delivering content to clients. It's easy, straightforward and intuitive. Sign up!!! You'll love it!

Wiredrive review by User in Internet

"I use wiredrive to review in progress courses"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the user interface.

What do you dislike?

You can't bookmark certain pages. For example, I would love to go to a certain folder and have it sorted by latest edits which I can't do. I would also like an easier to use mobile app. Currently you have to send a download to it, but I would prefer to simple experience to review videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As just an end user, it works for me but I can't speak for the people who need to upload files to it.

distributed team that needs to review videos.

Wiredrive review by Shawn K.
Shawn K.

"Wiredrive Project Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access that wire drive allows for project based work. Showing the members, titles, file versions and allowing for discussions, ratings, comments and last access feature allows for an incredible ease of access to manage work groups and projects.

What do you dislike?

The format the files are displayed in are slightly in convenient. It would help to show the latest view, comment or remark on each project to get the overview on each file within a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent software for protected and systematic file sharing.

No problems. Just daily work. Wiredrive works fantastic.

Wiredrive review by Administrator

"In general I find that Wiredrive is straight forward and user friendly."

What do you like best?

The options for sending links to people is convenient and straightforward. I like that there are several options.

What do you dislike?

In the past when we have had issues it has been hard to get an quick response, there is no one to email and contact via the contact form is not my favourite method of contact in situations when the issue needs to be resolved in a timely manner.

Being able to generate links and send via email to anyone has been a great benefit, as it keeps all the replies on the same chain.

Wiredrive review by André R.
André R.

"Clear and fast"

What do you like best?

Creating project and then folders and choosing what to share within them. Getting links specific to an email address. Expiring a link. Thumbnail of the files in the email.

What do you dislike?

Browsing can be a bit difficult, especially if you want to rename folders or files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use,

Quick delivery of viewable files and packages

Wiredrive review by Jayne N.
Jayne N.

"Wiredrive Review"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive is super convenient to share projects! It has many features that are useful and helps to keep our team organized and working efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it crashes or is slow when there are lot of users signed on.

We are able to share projects and make comments/notes to make our work flow more efficient.

Administrator in Entertainment

"Wiredrive as an Option for Cllient Review of Work"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive interface and forensics. Clients seem to appreciate the simplicity, as well.

What do you dislike?

I think there needs to be a price point between the lowest 10GB package and the 110GB one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that users carefully manage the amount of data stored, as making sure active project only are housed will end up saving money. Again, sloppy asset management always costs more.

We just need clients to have easy access to links to review work. Creating review links is quick and easy, which lends itself to high-volume workflows.

"Wiredrive ease of use"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive allows me to package videos, documents, photos, etc. onto a downloadable link for easy sharing on the team. I have multiple projects at one time so it's a good way for me to stay organized.

What do you dislike?

I get a lot of email notifications whenever the project is created and viewed. I haven't figured out a way to turn this feature off.

I am trying to create ads for TV. I have to manage multiple projects at once and I can stay organized by finding assets in individual projects that I've created.

Wiredrive review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Wiredrive makes file sharing seamless. "

What do you like best?

I like wiredrive because it is a one stop place for file sharing, it has everything i need and provides me with a perfect link to send in emails.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you have to go to a new screen to download. Sometimes it gets lost on the mess that is my open windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wiredrive is the best platform for file sharing. The links don't disappear in 24 hours, and the experience is seamless.

It makes it possible for me to send video, large presentations etcetera to clients and my colleagues.

"Indispensable"

What do you like best?

Cross platform functionality... no matter who I send my media links to, whether they are on Windows, Mac, iPad or iPhone, I know they will be able to receive / view the content.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish the interface was a bit more intuitive / easy to understand and drag and drop, but really I'm quibbling. Wiredrive sets the standard for these kinds of apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Industry standard, can't beat it.

Sending video review links and assets to producer ./ clients. Ease of use, flexibility, speed and reliability are top notch.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"The experience has been"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can consolidate all of my director's work into one place. I really like the ease of use

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it slows down in the Administration after I change numerous videos information. Sometimes it doesn't even refresh, then when I click on the next Director's batch of videos nothing shows up. It forces me to refresh the page then begin the prompts all over to get to the same sections.

It helps me apply to commercial benefits a lot easier and quicker.

Wiredrive review by Erik S.
Erik S.

"Wire drive is great"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly and securely share documents with our clients is amazing. The likes are easy to make and easy to disable. WireDrive has made our lives much easier.

What do you dislike?

The system is sometimes a bit slow or unresponsive. Link creation is a bit clunky and the web page will often take a minute to load. The file structure could be a it better as well.

Quickly sharing secure assets with our client have always been a probable for us. But with WireDrive this issue is long gone.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Wiredrive is very helpful when sending clients footage that they have requested. "

What do you like best?

It's very easy to create a link and set a password. I like how I'm able to organize everything into folders and subfolders. It makes organizing a lot easier and manageable.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how when you click the text it immediately takes you to edit the text and not to the link. I do not like how I have to click the icon to view the file. Not a hug deal but annoying when I'm in a rush.

I am not currently solving any business problems.

Wiredrive review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Generally very quick and efficient"

What do you like best?

Real-time updates. It is very useful to be able to change the contents of a folder that has already been send to people. Everything is extremely quick and your projects can be copied, moved and deleted very easily.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that sometimes there is down-time where, despite having a fast internet connection, things won't upload or I can't log in. There are also times when I am trying to upload and it does not send to clients for a few minutes, meaning I usually panic and re-send.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No complaints, try it!

We are sending quick, high-quality video material to our clients in a stylish, efficient format

Wiredrive review by Stefan D.
Stefan D.

"Wiredrive Review"

What do you like best?

Wiredrive makes uploading and transferring files, easy and fast with hi-quality resolution.

What do you dislike?

Organization can be a tad difficult, with redundant categories and administrative drop down menus.

Commercial reels for directors and film talent are made on our wiredrive and it has made sharing with other companies very efficient.

Wiredrive review by Agency in Media Production
Agency in Media Production

"Group Creative Director "

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to create playlists from the library. We use this all the time to pitch ideas or show similar work to help define a project early on. I also like how clear and simple it is to send reviews, alts, and other related content in one link.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could send the final file from an active project directly to the library in an easier way. It also seems like there's too many steps to get a link to send.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it!

We're solving our client communication and review process. It's also a key part of our media management. We're using it for all kind of things in addition to video. Like casting and pitch decks.