Wirify

Wirify is a bookmarklet that lets you turn any web page into a wireframe in one click. It's free, easy and fun to use.

Work for Wirify?

Learning about Wirify?

Wirify Reviews

Showing 11 Wirify reviews
Wirify review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Interesting Concept, Poor Execution"

What do you like best?

The idea of a one button click to turn a site into it's wireframe components is really interesting, but it takes away the context of the site itself. I've only used it on Chrome, and it seems to work well with that browser, but I can't speak to its efficacy in other browsers.

What do you dislike?

If you have an adblocker on, it can turn really weird. I have also been to some sites that weren't properly "wired" on execution. Actually, most sites weren't properly wired, maybe that's due to the sites I visit or other extensions I have running, I'm not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you really need it?

I mostly downloaded it to see it could do something different than what I can quickly do in an Illustrator or Sketch scenario. I don't really see a need for it besides some loose inspiration.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wirify
Wirify review by Agency in Retail
Agency in Retail

"Not Pleasing to the Eye"

What do you like best?

Product is easy to use and on the more basic side. Everyone will find it easy to use - only some will find it annoying to look at. Very bare-bones and to the point, no extra frills and unnecessary commands.

What do you dislike?

The design is very dated and not up to par with other programs. As a designer it's kind of an eye sore to look at it for a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all options! This is easy to use but you might find a better one thats easier to look at. For something quick and adaptable for non-designers this will do the trick. Any designers will find this annoying to look at.

The business problems we are solving using Wirify is organization and wire framing. With ease of use we are getting people who are unfamiliar with designer programs to contribute.

What Wireframing solution do you use?

Wirify review by <span>Jasper K.</span>
Jasper K.

"Wirify is a neat little tool"

What do you like best?

I like that Wirify is really simple ,easy to use and that it works as advertised - Turn any web page into a wireframe in one click. The best thing is the Chrome extension that lets me look at a website from a stripped down perspective of it's building blocks, layout and arrangement.This is important in doing research and replicating popular and standard layouts from other websites.

What do you dislike?

Currently, there isn't a trial option to test the Pro version. I alsoI wish Wirify had some more extensive features for creating and editing wires sort of like Balsamiq or UXPin. Even better , a cool feature would be the ability to export a website's wireframe into a boilerplate to use in a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wirify is a great tool for analyzing websites particularly their structure and layout. I have used it countless times to create a lot of visual boards and replicate the designs of popular patterns available on the web. It's an excellent experimental resource.

Wirify allows me to quickly replicate wireframes and layouts of standard popular designs quickly and effortlessly. Even much more important , it lets me see the bigger picture of a websites structure in the context of analyzing user flows and patterns.

Wirify review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Wirify Use in a Large Agency"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use was the best part of this program. When I had to redesign sites, it helped to reduce bumps in my workflow by quickly converting pages into wireframes. I could then create designs more quickly and further understand the functionality of the site. It was only part of the puzzle, but a big time-saver.

What do you dislike?

Back when I used it, there were times when the page would appear jumbled, but I think that this could be more of an issue with our computers and not the program itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Wirify to other graphic and UX/UI designers who need to quickly comp up work and share easily with clients and other team members. This helps to make my life a little easier and more efficient. Two thumbs up!

We had clients who wanted to optimize their sites and it helped for the designers to understand the "bones" or structure of the site to see how we could solve issues with usability.

Wirify review by <span>Kevin T.</span>
Kevin T.

"Cut through the noise and see the skeleton of the web"

What do you like best?

When I was first learning UX, this little tool was extremely useful. Despite how well-trained your eyes may be, there is still something about reducing a website down to its very basic layout and shape that is very helpful. When you discover a website you intuitively like, you can quickly see what comprises it -- and vice versa. This tool isn't going to magically feed you answers to web design problems, but what it did for me is it helped me to start understanding what makes a truly "simple" or "clean" design at a base level.

The tool is so insanely easy to install and use that I can see absolutely no reason why all UX Designers should not just have it in their bookmarks bar. It can be a bit buggy or haphazard in its rendering, but I'd say 85% of the time it works the way it should.

This is a great tool to help VERY quickly teach other people what a wireframe is -- whether they be budding UX designers or VPs or your grandparents.

Unlike many apps, Wirify's utility to UX Designers is quick and obvious and it's really the only tool that does what it does. Click a button and see what it does (and how its useful) nearly instantaneously. That's a semi-rare thing when it comes to professional tools like this!

What do you dislike?

The components Wirify breaks webpages down into are, at times, too simple. It would be nice if it somehow knew what kind of controls were on the page and displayed more "stencil-like" wireframe graphics, rather than purely grey squares and rectangles.

Totally a pipe dream, but I wish it could be applied to more than just websites. It's such a useful tool I would love to use it on UIs across mediums and devices.

I've definitely seen multiple webpages that Wirify was unable to render properly or fully. Because of the way the tool can really be applied to any webpage (its greatest asset) I suppose this is to be expected, but it can sometimes be a bummer.

Truthfully, I don't see any reason you should sign up for the "Pro Version" except that it helps to support a good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

> Get it and use it because there is virtually no reason why you shouldn't.

> Realize that a wireframe should probably NOT just consist of grey squares and rectangles, and that this tool should be used merely to approximate the structure of a page.

> Use common sense if/when it glitches out. If there's a random grey square floating on the left border of the page that isn't there when you turn Wirify off, it's a bug.

Figuring out the basic skeletal structure of a page -- whether it be someone else's or your own -- in order to understand why it feels cluttered, or why it feels clean.

Wirify review by <span>Kevin L.</span>
Kevin L.

"A very cool tool"

What do you like best?

Being able to recognize a consistent grid on other designs helps me to look at my own in a unique and powerful way

What do you dislike?

I wish the people who designed wirify had a better website themselves, it would help me take them more seriously. The design is pretty poor, but the tool is powerful.

I generally use it for freelance, but it's basically helped me to identify where my design has gone wrong, and where I can improve by locking in my grid better. Also just to get an overall view of my design without too much detail is awesome!

Learning about Wirify?

* We monitor all Wirify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.