Wistia

Wistia provides video hosting for business.

Work for Wistia?

Showing 114 Wistia reviews
Wistia review by <span>Eric H.</span>
Eric H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I've always been a huge fan of the heatmaps and statistics. Being able to visually see the engagement is really useful. It allows us to make decisions about video content, video length, and composition.

Update for Nov 2017 -- Still very happy with the service! Keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the watcher tracking feature since we don't gate content and it becomes a long list of anonymous viewers. The admin section could use some work on making it easier to quickly take actions or see stats on specific videos with less clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should be communicating via video and this is a great place to host!

When we initially signed up, this solved a business problem where we helped someone monetize video content without letting a viewer share it to people who haven't paid for the content. More recently, we spent a lot of time moving videos off of YouTube and onto Wistia to control the content and keep our customers on our website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wistia
Wistia review by <span>Drew F.</span>
Drew F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that Wistia allows you to choose a custom color on the video player that matches your brand! Plus I am able to integrate Wistia with all my other marketing tools. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content. I would highly recommend every user to follow Wistia's blog and learning library for solid content. I have learned how to "up" my game as a marketer using video while following their blog.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to make mention of anything that I dislike about Wistia. They provide outstanding content for all video marketers along with an superb product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their free option plan and work to develop a solid video strategy. Then, I would recommend using the heat maps to analyze the videos and maybe go back and tweak your videos for better engagement.

Everything when it comes to sending a message to our target audience during a lead nurturing campaign. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Wistia review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.
Validated Review

Awesome easy to use product

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that it is easy for my team to upload and share videos, and I love how easy it is to view stats and detailed info for each video we upload.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I've never had any issues that Support couldn't solve, and the platform is really straightforward with a lot under the hood when you need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to use and the culture and support are fantastic.

We have both the Marketing and Customer Success teams using it. So for our marketing, we add product and info videos we host on the site. For CS, we upload individual training videos for customers, and also help center videos. We can also include links to the videos through support tickets using the Zendesk integration, which is awesome.

Wistia review by <span>Luque W.</span>
Luque W.

Simple but Powerful Video Solution

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Simple to use with native integration with HubSpot. Real-time analytics provided great insight into our marketing campaigns. Once it's setup there almost no maintenance required that's why I couldn't comment on its support. The user management feature was also very useful, which made this tool easily scaled and be used by different departments in the company.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a "dislike", rather a wish list. The lead gen feature could be further improved. During the time when we were using Wistia, the in-video form didn't allow users to create custom fields. I agree that in-video forms need to be simple and short for conversion or even UI purpose, but it will be great to leave this decision to users for their specific marketing goals and tactics.

Wistia was used not only as our video hosting tool but also as an integrated video marketing solution, which provided great value to our inbound marketing strategy.

Wistia review by <span>Laura B.</span>
Laura B.

Very easy to use

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Wistia was very easy to use right away, lots of great training videos on their site and overall pretty straightforward. I like the options to add links and especially the carousel which lets us have basically a suite of videos that customers can select from. Other cool features are being able to tag sections in a video so viewers can jump to certain topics.

What do you dislike?

Their website states that the Pro package includes integration with marketing automation systems like HubSpot, however when you try to do that they tell you it's actually half again more expensive, so kind of false advertising and also the value for being able to collect leads and pass them to the marketing system is not as high as they're charging for it, so not worth it and very disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has it's limitations but is easy to use and worth the price. Just be wary of the marketing automations, it is a lot more expensive and unless you're going to use every feature consistently it isn't worth it IMO

We needed a sort of "make your own demo" solution where prospects could choose the topics they are interested in without having to watch a full 5 minute demo. This made it easy and affordable to do so. We tried several options but all had something that didn't work quite as we needed.

Wistia review by <span>Anne T.</span>
Anne T.

Perfect For Online Video Hosting & Storage

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Wistia is a tremendous professional platform for uploading videos to share or host on your blog or website. The customer service is excellent and the platform is very user friendly. , Wistia is a highly affordable system: It offers a free version tailored for starters and small companies, and a painless transition to higher paid plans to support the growth of your activities.

What do you dislike?

The Free version has a limit on the maximum amount of storage you can use, but it's sufficient for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Wistia to anymore needing a simple solution to host videos. The customer service is incredibly helpful. Wistia’s user interface / user experience is really fantastic. It is so simple to use and the training videos explain everything… You can tell that a lot of love has gone into the product. Kudos to the creators!

I am able to host my digital product videos on Wistia, then embed them withing my digital products I create. You-Tube could very well shut your account down at any time...Wistia will never shut you down.

Learning about Wistia?

* We monitor all Wistia reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.