Wistia

Wistia provides video hosting for business.

Work for Wistia?

Learning about Wistia?

Wistia Reviews

Ask Wistia a Question
Showing 124 Wistia reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wistia
Wistia review by Brice P.
Brice P.

"Simple, reliable, and faster than ever."

What do you like best?

It has everything you need to make a feel branded without making it overwhelming. Customize the player to match your brand guidelines, use your logo on the page and more. What's even better is that the player is extremely lightweight and embeds like a dream in web pages. With their latest update, the videos load shockingly fast as well. I never thought I'd be this excited about a video platform, but wow.

What do you dislike?

Honestly. I can't think of much. There was one time when I tried to replace a video and it never loaded a preview image, in the folder view, but that's about as minimal as a frustration can get (and that was before the latest update).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a business with video needs, especially in need of keeping them secure, Wistia is a great option. It's quick, powerful and simple. Honestly, it makes YouTube seem complex.

We can share video securely. We sometimes host trade shows or interviews with clients and partners. Some are fine with the video being available to the public, others are not. Either way, they generally want to review the video before they make a decision. Wistia makes it easy for us to drag and drop the videos from the conference into a single folder (project) and then send each to the respective party - and it's easy to ensure only those that are intended to view it are able to.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Wistia review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"Easy to Use Platform for Video Hosting"

What do you like best?

The website is very clean and easy to use. We've never had much trouble with it, and I like that I'm able to replace a video when we have a new version and it will replace it wherever that video is embedded.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I have anything I dislike specifically that's the fault of the platform. Occasionally it will give me trouble as I try to upload a thumbnail for the video (either by not saving my changes, or sometimes rejecting my file size/type) but other than that I don't have any frustrations with Wistia as a video hosting platform.

We host all marketing videos on Wistia and use the provided code to embed them on our landing pages. It's a cleaner look than using YouTube embeds, and provides better stats.

Wistia review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Customer Service Excellence and a High Quality Product"

What do you like best?

I've always been a huge fan of the heatmaps and statistics. Being able to visually see the engagement is really useful. It allows us to make decisions about video content, video length, and composition.

Update for Nov 2017 -- Still very happy with the service! Keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the watcher tracking feature since we don't gate content and it becomes a long list of anonymous viewers. The admin section could use some work on making it easier to quickly take actions or see stats on specific videos with less clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should be communicating via video and this is a great place to host!

When we initially signed up, this solved a business problem where we helped someone monetize video content without letting a viewer share it to people who haven't paid for the content. More recently, we spent a lot of time moving videos off of YouTube and onto Wistia to control the content and keep our customers on our website.

Wistia review by Drew F.
Drew F.

"Video Hosting & Custom Player with all kinds of Fun Integrations"

What do you like best?

I love that Wistia allows you to choose a custom color on the video player that matches your brand! Plus I am able to integrate Wistia with all my other marketing tools. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content. I would highly recommend every user to follow Wistia's blog and learning library for solid content. I have learned how to "up" my game as a marketer using video while following their blog.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to make mention of anything that I dislike about Wistia. They provide outstanding content for all video marketers along with an superb product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their free option plan and work to develop a solid video strategy. Then, I would recommend using the heat maps to analyze the videos and maybe go back and tweak your videos for better engagement.

Everything when it comes to sending a message to our target audience during a lead nurturing campaign. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content.

Wistia review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Awesome easy to use product"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy for my team to upload and share videos, and I love how easy it is to view stats and detailed info for each video we upload.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I've never had any issues that Support couldn't solve, and the platform is really straightforward with a lot under the hood when you need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to use and the culture and support are fantastic.

We have both the Marketing and Customer Success teams using it. So for our marketing, we add product and info videos we host on the site. For CS, we upload individual training videos for customers, and also help center videos. We can also include links to the videos through support tickets using the Zendesk integration, which is awesome.

Wistia review by Susan N.
Susan N.

"Great product, great customer service, amazing results"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Wistia is how easy it is to integrate, both into your website and with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot. I also LOVE the resources they're always sharing that allow those inexperienced with using video to share great content on a low budget. Their customer service has always been super-responsive and friendly, and their company culture and internal videos make me happy and give me hope that if they sometimes struggle to get it right (given their outtakes), it's ok that the rest of us struggle sometimes too.

What do you dislike?

I know they're continuing to work on it, but I wish there was even more integration with Pardot so that we could automate and segment more directly based on interactions with video. However, the reporting that allows us to see how people are interacting is still really valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, especially with regard to how Wistia and/or competitors compare to YouTube and which content works better on one platform (Wistia) vs YouTube vs both. Moz has some good content on this topic. Also, review Wistia's own resources to see if they deliver the kind of support you need. Finally, be sure to get a demo and have them show you what's possible if you're trying to link Wistia to a marketing automation platform and/or CRM. If you're comparing Wistia with other vendors, make sure you make them walk you through the connection and show you exactly what you'll be able to see and do both in the CRM and/or directly in the marketing automation platform.

We wanted an easy way to display video, from the costly professionally produced content to our internal videos such as client testimonials, and we wanted evidence about whether video was working: bringing us more traffic, promoting engagement, and nudging prospects closer to that sales conversation. Not only have we been able to track the performance of our videos (and which parts of our videos are most effective), hosting the videos on website landing pages and including transcripts (which Wistia can generate at a very reasonable cost), as well as taking advantage of Wistia's SEO site map, we've seen our Google ranking rise. I don't know if that will be true for everyone, but shifting our focus away from YouTube to hosting videos on our own site increased our backlinks and for some of our keywords, moved us to page one.

Wistia review by Candice D. C.
Candice D. C.

"Wistia Rocks #nodoubt"

What do you like best?

Functionality is sleek, high tech, easy to use + way ahead of YouTube + Viimeo. Analytics are clear + easy. Plus their blog is killer. Helped us in early stages of creating video. We are #fans

What do you dislike?

Would love to be able to host even more videos on the freemium version for my personal vlog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendation other than to simply do it.

Wistia helped us solve a company culture + communication problem - their blogs were our go to when we had no idea what we were doing. We have now created a culture of video communications and it accounts for 90% of all communications and has been a reason for skyrocketing employee engagement. #winwin

The ease of use + speed at which we can upload + distribute helps us get communications out fast + is especially helpful for crisis communications. Their google chrome extension helps us create slick looking emails in a hurry - analytics help us track effectiveness easily. Want to create + distribute awesome video easily?? This is it. #wistiafan

Wistia review by Luque W.
Luque W.

"Simple but Powerful Video Solution"

What do you like best?

Simple to use with native integration with HubSpot. Real-time analytics provided great insight into our marketing campaigns. Once it's setup there almost no maintenance required that's why I couldn't comment on its support. The user management feature was also very useful, which made this tool easily scaled and be used by different departments in the company.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a "dislike", rather a wish list. The lead gen feature could be further improved. During the time when we were using Wistia, the in-video form didn't allow users to create custom fields. I agree that in-video forms need to be simple and short for conversion or even UI purpose, but it will be great to leave this decision to users for their specific marketing goals and tactics.

Wistia was used not only as our video hosting tool but also as an integrated video marketing solution, which provided great value to our inbound marketing strategy.

Wistia review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Wistia was very easy to use right away, lots of great training videos on their site and overall pretty straightforward. I like the options to add links and especially the carousel which lets us have basically a suite of videos that customers can select from. Other cool features are being able to tag sections in a video so viewers can jump to certain topics.

What do you dislike?

Their website states that the Pro package includes integration with marketing automation systems like HubSpot, however when you try to do that they tell you it's actually half again more expensive, so kind of false advertising and also the value for being able to collect leads and pass them to the marketing system is not as high as they're charging for it, so not worth it and very disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has it's limitations but is easy to use and worth the price. Just be wary of the marketing automations, it is a lot more expensive and unless you're going to use every feature consistently it isn't worth it IMO

We needed a sort of "make your own demo" solution where prospects could choose the topics they are interested in without having to watch a full 5 minute demo. This made it easy and affordable to do so. We tried several options but all had something that didn't work quite as we needed.

Wistia review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Perfect For Online Video Hosting & Storage"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a tremendous professional platform for uploading videos to share or host on your blog or website. The customer service is excellent and the platform is very user friendly. , Wistia is a highly affordable system: It offers a free version tailored for starters and small companies, and a painless transition to higher paid plans to support the growth of your activities.

What do you dislike?

The Free version has a limit on the maximum amount of storage you can use, but it's sufficient for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Wistia to anymore needing a simple solution to host videos. The customer service is incredibly helpful. Wistia’s user interface / user experience is really fantastic. It is so simple to use and the training videos explain everything… You can tell that a lot of love has gone into the product. Kudos to the creators!

I am able to host my digital product videos on Wistia, then embed them withing my digital products I create. You-Tube could very well shut your account down at any time...Wistia will never shut you down.

Wistia review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"Nearly perfect video hosting solution"

What do you like best?

Wistia is the undisputed video hosting provider. While I only use a fraction of the product features, there are a lot of useful features included with your Wistia subscription that go beyond video hosting. Features include the ability to add calls to action to your videos, collect email address in order to view, video heatmaps and video trends, ability to customize the player, viewer history, and team collaboration among others. Wistia is a reliable platform that just works.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps it is due to the enormous number of videos in my account, but sometimes, I have to upload custom thumbnails a few times before they appear. I do wish there was a way to add folders inside projects as opposed to just sections. Could be better when it comes to organizing videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test out all the features available. You may find yourself using (and loving) some features you didn't know exist.

Wistia is a reliable and secure video hosting platform that is drag and drop simple. No need to monkey around with video size to optimize playback as Wistia takes care of all that automatically to ensure smooth playback no matter what device your audience is using to consume your content.

Wistia review by David S.
David S.

"Great professional video platform... but not for everyone"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a great, clean, and professional looking way to embed videos on your website. The ability to add calls-to-action and require users to fill in a lead gen form that integrates with your CRM has powerful implications for content marketing.

What do you dislike?

The price point is waaay steep. Thankfully we were grandfathered in at a more reasonable rate (and with unlimited videos!). The new pricing shuts out a lot of smaller organizations without big budgets dedicated to video marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wistia is a great tool, but it might not be necessary for everyone. If you're just dipping your toes in the video marking pond, all you need is to embed a video on your website, and you don't mind have a little bit of visible YouTube or Vimeo branding, then save your money. But if you think you can get your money's worth out of the extra features that Wistia offers, I don't know of anyone else that is doing what they're doing. Definitely give them a try.

Wistia is a much more professional looking solution than, say, embedding YouTube videos on your site. It also adds some extra customization, powerful analytics, and other snappy tools like CTAs and integrations with other software we use.

Wistia review by Aaron T.
Aaron T.

"Wistia one of my absolute favorite companies!"

What do you like best?

Where to even start!?! I feel that I have to mention right off the bat that the company culture of Wistia is outstanding. They are friendly, forward thinking and best of all, they let their quirky attitudes shine through in everything that they do.

The product itself mirrors these same traits! It is simple and user friendly, has power analytics features that let you see how people are interacting with your site and best of all comes at a very reasonable price!

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike about the product. I've never personally had any issues with it and have always been surprised by its versatility and news features added that address any minor complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple and easy to use video hosting solution. This is the company to go with!

This is simple--we have video content and want to control that video content on our own website. While using advanced analytics to determine how to create future content!

Wistia review by Alissa G.
Alissa G.

"Great video interface when you want to avoid youtube"

What do you like best?

We started using Wistia for two reasons: we needed a tool that companies wouldn't block (many companies block youtube access for employees in our industry) and it integrated with our marketing automation system, HubSpot.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have the level of SEO impact that youtube does. It's reporting is ok but limited. It was fine for what we needed though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great alternative to YouTube for video hosting and management but I recommended using it to supplement YouTube, not as a full replacement if deploying a long-term digital marketing strategy. It is helpful to add your team as users with one administrator for easy management of projects and videos. It allowed for better collaboration. I found it worked well with hubspot and Prezi software without a lot of legwork to integrate.

We needed a tool that companies wouldn't block (many companies block youtube access for employees in our industry). It allowed us to create videos that we should send to our clients that were accessible in the workplace without having to get their IT teams involved.

Wistia review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great program for video hosting"

What do you like best?

We've used a few video hosting tools, but Wista allows us to gain the most insight into HOW our leads, customers, etc are viewing our videos. We use the HubSpot integration with Wistia to capture valuable information about how much of our videos our leads and customers are watching. It's very powerful!

What do you dislike?

I truly wish that Wista would make a "portfolio" feature, like Vimeo has. We have a lot of videos that we want to point people to, and it would be great for Wistia to have a way for us to host them directly on a portfolio page in their program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program, especially with the integrations that are available. Definitely recommend doing the trial first to see if it works for your company!

We use the HubSpot integration with Wistia to capture valuable information about how much of our videos our leads and customers are watching. It allows us to see who is spending the most time watching our videos and gives us a great talking point when we touch base with the lead or customer!

Wistia review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Great platform for video marketing."

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to upload a video and get a mobile responsive, HTML5 ready embed code. The videos just work. Additionally, Wistia provides integration with multiple marketing automation platforms to help track video vies and engagement. Additionally, you can gate videos wand ask for information (Emai, etc) to proceed. This pushes right back to your automation platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an ability to more customize videos that have a Turnstile (gated). For example, in some situations i would like to bypass it. The workaround is to make a copy of the video and remove the turnstile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If video marketing is part of your plans, Wistia is a great platform to not only host but also gain insight into how visitors are interacting with video. If you are want to carry out more automation against different video activities you may want to consider a product such as Vidyard.

We are able to track engagement of our video content and provide a seamless desktop to mobile experience. We can also see how video is helping to drive the sales process.

Wistia review by David Michaelangelo S.
David Michaelangelo S.

"Love 'em!"

What do you like best?

- their platform is very user-friendly and not complicated

- their video player is reliable and fast

- their support is amazing and gets back to me very quickly with detailed responses

- they are fun as a company

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything but I have to write something so blah blah blah blah blah

We host all of our video content on Wistia. We use this to present our products, our testimonials, etc. We have found that video overviews are engaging for customers, prospect, and internally (like at Town Halls).

Wistia review by Jolynn M.
Jolynn M.

"User Friendly - Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Wistia is super easy to use and manage. Love their training videos and regular email suggestions on how to improve and make engaging videos. I also love their gmail extension that allows you to insert a video thumbnail to any email, making it quick and easy to email specific videos to clients as needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had an integration into salesforce available so that we could get the views watched written directly back into our salesforce accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. A solid video hosting site.

We use Wistia to train our customers. We track if they have watched the training videos to know who has completed their training.

Wistia review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Awesome product, easy to use and great support"

What do you like best?

Always easy to use. Simple to upload and manage videos in projects, along with analytics.

What do you dislike?

No problems or issues that I've seen so far! I've been using Wisita for 5 years over two companies and just love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really great tool that is worth the cost. Super easy to start using and embedding video is simple. Love the detailed reporting also.

It allows us to manage our help center video content, turnstile some videos behind a form, track out help center video views, handle ad hoc training videos and manage our marketing content all at once.

Wistia review by Sara O.
Sara O.

"Might just be thebomb.com"

What do you like best?

Wistia is, firstly, very easy to use. I have a colleague that still has a flip phone and he was able to navigate it without issue. The UI is clean and the features are plentiful without bogging down the works with pointless ones. I have never had a problem uploading or replacing a video, even when my own internet connection is questionable. The customer outreach is impeccable - you don't receive emails just for the sake of reminding you they exist. They always have something practical and helpful to say, especially if you're an online business who relies heavily on video for your CSupport department. I've never been in touch with their customer service. I'm sure they're pretty cool too.

What do you dislike?

There's not a whole lot I don't like about them.

I use wistia to host rolling demonstrations for conferences, FAQ videos, tutorials, internal training videos. When your support team is small and you don't have two heads, sharing helpful videos can save you time and bodies in chairs.

Wistia review by Lindsey G.
Lindsey G.

"Good for Web Developers, Good for Marketing"

What do you like best?

Clean navigation and easy functionality. As a web developer, it is extremely easy to make basic modifications to the video (thumbnail and play button colors) and embed them to any page. And the responsive sizing is such a relief - we can throw it into the page and not have to fuss with it to make it look good! The user experience of the Wistia dashboard also pleases me.

What do you dislike?

Wistia is new to us (we have been using it for at least three months), and I am not the primary user (although I use it, the people who interact with Wistia the most are the video team), but I have not run into any problems. It fits our current needs.

We have a lot of video content that goes on our website, goes on YouTube, and goes to our online courses. The marketing team loves how much data Wistia gathers and presents on the videos, allowing us to make quick data-driven adjustments to our content. Much better than our previous vendor.

Wistia review by Chad G.
Chad G.

"Wistia Rocks!"

What do you like best?

We started using Wistia to replace youtube and other video services. What we found out is that we received way more than the free services provided. Everything just works, they are on top of 360 videos and 4K content. As simple as it is, one of the coolest things that they do is offer a video update of whats new every month at the login screen. I wish everyone did this. I never miss updates or cool new features with them. If you use video in your business marketing you owe it to yourself to check them out.

What do you dislike?

After using Wistia for 2 years I can't think of a single thing that I dislike about them. They really do video hosting right!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try, if you have a hosting need for marketing videos you're going to love them.

My original concern was ads from the free video services. I still laugh when I see a competitor using youtube videos and at the end you see suggestion videos that are inappropriate or for another competitor. I'm really glad they are not smart enough to move their video platform to Wisitia. Since we started using Wistia the biggest problem I've been able to resolve is the ability to replace videos anytime and not have to use an new URL. With the advanced analytics you can start over with the new video or for a minor change you can keep the analytics going. If they still have the free trial, give it a shot and see what you have been missing.

Wistia review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"Great business video hosting service that rivals YouTube with tons of extras"

What do you like best?

Love how easy and fun this user interface is to use. I have been able to get multiple co-workers to use this with little to no hand-holding unlike other platforms we have used in the past. The videos look great in the players (branded or not) and the feature rich customization just adds to the list of reasons we have been using this platform over any other.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I don't like about this service. Honestly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Just sign up for the free trial and test it for yourself like I did and you will see that they are amazing.

We used Youtube for a majority of our video hosting and sharing but found that the excessive commercials and ads just took away from the experience we wanted on our website. So I did some research and took a shot with Wistia after reading a bunch of reviews. I am extremely glad I did. I have moved almost all of our library over and plan to move the rest in the coming months.

Another benefit is the free guidance and classes/education Wistia gives away on video production and marketing. They deliver their monthly newsletter and at times daily emailed classes that really give you a lot of inside information on making your videos look better and how to market them to get a better outreach and view count. Really can't say enough about this company and their product.

Wistia review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Wistea, fresh, cool, easy and always going the extra mile!"

What do you like best?

The look and feel of the players, the continual tutorials and helps and the analytics all make Wistea our go to Video Hosting service.

What do you dislike?

I wish we had more ability to create responsive feedback from viewers, like testing, rating, fill in blanks etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Wistea. We first engaged them watching many tutorials and using their free trial account to confirm our initial desire to purchase. Their pricing is very attractive and customer service is unbeatable. That to me is probably one of the most important features to my company.

We are a leading tech based law office, serving Workers Comp Defense throughout the entire state of California. With nearly 100 employees and 10 offices scattered throughout the State, dozens of remote workers and 2 international offices we rely heavily on Video to continually train and update our attorneys and staff. Now with both expansion of our legal practices and promotion of our proprietary software, we are developing web video for viral marketing which Wistea is our go to resource for not only hosting, but fresh ideas and techniques in shooting and producing video. Wistea rocks!

Wistia review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"One of the very best vendors/partners we have ever dealt with"

What do you like best?

We have used Wistia for our video hosting since 2011 (one of the early adopters, I think). We were looking for a serious business-focused alternative to Brightcove, for which we were paying about $1800/month. I stumbled across Wistia, loved their clean, no-nonsense interface, signed up and our cost dropped to about $1200/YEAR (vs $1800/month) and has barely risen since... even though we have a ton more videos on their servers.

Very reliable, super-fast hosting. Way faster than Vimeo, which is almost painful to watch at times when not on a super-high speed connection.

Problems, issues? Wistia is just an email or phone call away. And you get to talk with a nice person in Boston, not a robot or someone in a third world country.

One of my favorite things is their "Wistiapedia" (my term) knowledge base of blog posts and tutorial videos explaining methods, gear, lighting setups... all geared toward helping real people with real needs and real budget constraints grow their businesses.

What do you dislike?

I've been waiting for a long time for the ability to deep-link to specific videos in a playlist, player or embed. Now I hope I'm going to get an email or a call from Wistia telling me they have it and I missed it. (fingers crossed)

Other than that, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think twice. Sign up and start loading videos. Then check the blog and start learning.

Video has become a key component of our business strategy (media serving the golf course maintenance industry). We have created legions of loyal fans with our humor videos that occasionally poke fun at a very conservative industry; archived webinar recordings; tips & tricks videos and a bunch more stuff. Over 500 video segments total.

Wistia review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"Is Wistia Really THAT good? You Should Probably Read This. "

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Wistia is the product of course, but more so the culture the company fosters. The team at Wistia is amazing and responsive and most clients/customers don't have to experience that until something goes wrong. In relation to the product, the fact that they are at the cutting edge of web technology is kind of a gimmie so I'll go a tad deeper. Their ability to work as a sales funnel is amazing and something that very few out there in video are doing. Granted you aren't able to do this on the free program, but rightfully so.

I also really enjoy how much instructional material they have on their blog. Not only do they provide a video player, but they also teach you HOW to make the videos. If you're new, this is fantastic and can really save you a huge amount of time.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I disliked was dealing with the customization on the back-end of the product. It's kind of clunky and not overly instinctive. The other thing is more of a quibble than it is anything else, but the button options under videos looks really dated. For example, you can place social buttons, download buttons, and things of those natures, but they look dated in comparison to the rest of the player.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wistia is a great solution for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and even mid-level size companies. It does fantastic in the marketing space and the ability to act as a lead magnet magnifies that strength. Larger size companies may not see as much value in Wistia as they may already have a majority of those channels nailed down.

My primary problem that was being solved was to have a video player that had the ability to capture emails and having that ability more than pays for itself. You can upload videos to a variety of place (YouTube, Vimeo, etc) and you can appeal to the masses, however, having a video that can also act as a lead magnet is fantastic.

Wistia review by Laurence M.
Laurence M.

"Wistia: A Platform to Grow With"

What do you like best?

For a company like ours that's just starting out in video marketing, Wistia has proven to be highly intuitive and delivers the analytics that drives future video productions without a lot of fluff that we don't need. It's very easy for me to explain to a non-tech group of sales people that need to access our videos. The Wistia blog is a tremendous resource for us as well, loaded with tons of "how to" and inspirational information. Overall, Wistia has made it much easier for us to get started using video in our marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

If there's anything I would like to add, it would be a branded video page... something that allows the addition of text and some optional layouts. Companies could then choose which videos to share on their page without the need to build something external to Wistia. It's a better user experience from what's currently offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've recommended Wistia to several colleagues already, several of whom were stuck in the YouTube spin cycle. They all love it.

We're scratching the surface of where we want to go. Our videos are primarily used for social media marketing and education. Wistia has allowed us to grow in this space at an affordable price.

Wistia review by Brent C.
Brent C.

"The best and only video hosting, analytics, sharing platform you should ever need."

What do you like best?

- Lead generation/conversion rates of CTA's, Forms, etc

- Marketing automation integration with Hubspot

- Playback speed

- Embedding, sharing, compatibility, fluidity

- Ease of use for both end-users and admins

- Analytics

What do you dislike?

One minor little bug in the system when cloning video settings from an existing video to a new one. But we've figured an easy way to deal with it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started, give it a go with your 2-3 most viewed videos. Get them set up correctly and embed on the same page and watch the performance over 2-4 weeks. You'll love it and the metrics. But watch out, you will be tweaking your videos to make them more effective :)!

For us it makes displaying any video on any device very quick, reliable and very easy. The benefits we've reaped have been an increase in leads generated, and the sales closing rate has increased as a result

Wistia review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Wistia is an incredible tool for hosting and leveraging buisness video."

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility I have with Wistia to quickly upload video, then share it quickly and easily. There are incredible data metrics available that tell you exactly what you need to know about your videos. Plus, Wistia constantly offers invaluable instruction by way of emails, blogs, and tutorial videos on how to do anything related to business video. This company has single-handedly taught me how to create and share corporate videos.

What do you dislike?

The only possible issue I could have is their billing plans. There is a free option, and also a lite option - which would be awesome, but we host too many videos for those. Then the next plan is super expensive for a small business. We've actually been grandfathered in on an old plan which is cheaper, but for a small business like us with less than 50 videos, it's a lot to spend monthly. That said, there is no other comparable platform like Wistia to host your business video. There's nobody in the same league.

I have created, hosted and shared over 30 videos in the past 3 years that would never have happened if I did not use Wistia. Not only did I not have anywhere to host the video, I didn't even know how video worked before I met Wistia.

Wistia review by Jamie G.
Jamie G.

"Much more than just an awesome video hosting platform!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to upload, customize, and embed videos with Wistia! When we embed one of our Wistia-hosted videos into our blog or website they seamlessly match our branding. We've enjoyed being able to add a customized call-to-action to our videos. Wistia also has great video statistics which we've been able to use to gauge the effectiveness of our videos and determine if a given video should be revised or replaced.

As a company, Wistia also provides excellent content about video marketing through their blog, their community, webinars, etc. They have an amazing team of talented people who are dedicated to building relationships with their customers and ensuring that their customers succeed.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I don't like, it's a great platform!

Video hosting and analytics for videos embedded on landing pages, our blog, and our website. We've also gained great insight about marketing and running a SaaS business from the content they provide.

Wistia review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"Nothing short of amazing...and gets better every year."

What do you like best?

WISITA let's me stay ahead of the curve when it comes to video marketing. I have been a WISTIA customer since 2013. I was first introduced to WISITA through some very entertaining tutorial videos they had produced. Their customer service is first class and I encourage all my clients to use WISTIA too. I teach video production courses for business owners and marketing professionals and in the marketing section I always encourage my students to check out WISTIA.

As far as I know they have no formal referral program (like some web hosting companies) so when I refer it's not for financial gain...it's because I truly believe WISTIA offers a unique business product that allows organizations to use an amazing platform to use video for marketing.

What do you dislike?

Not a single thing. Their customer service has been top notch. If I have a question, it's answered in the most responsive and friendly manner. Love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have a Vimeo account as well as YouTube. But WiSTIA is the one I use for business promotion. Without a doubt, one of the best decisions I've ever made when it comes to marketing my services.

Marketing with video can be powerful if one has the right tools. WISTIA gives me the tools and better, teaches me how to use them. This saves me time and gives me confidence. They make every video look better. The captioning service is excellent too. Seems like they are always making things better and better by adding in little extras. WISTIA helps me save time and deliver beautiful looking and functioning video to my clients and my client's clients.

Wistia review by Shane S.
Shane S.

"Vimeo Quality Video Playback with Full Player Embed Control, Conversion, and Integration"

What do you like best?

Mobile video playback. The ability to customize the player and style it to match a particular website. Gating video content with a conversion form, or placing it at the end. Analytics and integration with CRM / Marketing Automation systems.

What do you dislike?

I had some issues getting the player to behave consistently on certain responsively designed pages, but with some tweaking it was doable. Not using youtube as a player could conceivably hurt your SEO with Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are building a professional website with a focused digital marketing presence, you should consider Wistia as an upgrade to a youtube or vimeo player. Wistia gives you much easier to review analytics, much better embed controls, CTA / form placement in video content, and a better overall experience of managing premium video assets. It is not a replacement for youtube for search considerations, but rather can be used in concert with an overall video marketing strategy. This is the tool that you want to use to show off your showcase videos.

Leveraging video content for digital marketing. Adding a polished video player to website.

Wistia review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"My Wistia expirence "

What do you like best?

I'd like to share a little story. A kid fresh out of university, with big dreams finds himself in the deep waters of the business world. With no expirence, no contacts, no backing and no shield to defend himself againts the sharks, until he came across Wistia.

That kid, no suprise, is me. I had an idea in the optic field which I started with a friend and we were quite scared of being ripped off by big players in the market, while our patent was pending.

Wistia was anebled us to create a secure page and control the people we wanted to share our idea with. Our marketing needs were growing and Wistia anebled us to devide our page to several links to match the needs and the people we were aiming at. For examples we had a presentation page for investors, press and media, and parners page.

All these pages held the information for each of groups, and each information was different. So not only it was easy to control the information but also very eaay to monitor the different groups of people.

Wistia is a great solution for that!

The website is a very user friendly and they have videos to explain each step or need you might take!

I really recomnand Wistia! It seems the match every need I might have and they thought of everything!

Goodluck to you all!

Jonathan

What do you dislike?

Well there was a time that the service was costly. But that changed back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you read my review, I'd say go for it!

Monitoring crowds to your info and devide the information to the relevant users

Wistia review by Thue Lægdsgaard M.
Thue Lægdsgaard M.

"Simple video hosting with a couple of things to desire"

What do you like best?

Wistia is easy to use and very reliable. Is is easy to upload share and embed video and the player works very well.

Very easy to use, inexpensive, great team and awesome content.

What do you dislike?

Its lack of a strong integration with Pardot. An integration is available but does not offer much data that is useful in Pardot. On the individual prospect, you can see useful data such as how much a video has been viewed but there is not way to get that data in aggregate and it is impossible to build scoring or trigger on top of it.

The same goes for the native Wistia reporting. It is not easy to get a view into which videos actually contribute the most to your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to evaluate your needs. Wistia is a great platform but it is somewhat simple in its feature set.

Video hosting for embedding on landing pages and marketing site.

"Robust Video Platform"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a great solution for marketers who understand the power of video in modern omni-channel marketing campaigns. Wistia allows you to host videos on the platform, drive traffic to hosted videos, embed Wistia videos on websites or landing pages, and gather robust analytics. With the integration with Google Analytics and deep video analytics within Wistia, we can view detailed information on our videos, including how many people are viewing, where are they coming from, at what point in the video do they drop-off, etc. This allows us to optimize our video content, add calls-to-action directly into the video & improve lead generation.

What do you dislike?

The challenge we have is balancing between YouTube and Wistia. We want all of our video analytics in one location, but would like to leverage YouTube's broad network to drive traffic. We're having to balance strategies between the two.

Awareness and lead generation. We're early in our campaigns at this point, so we've seen significant video views, a fair amount of qualified leads and legitimate opportunities that are near to closing.

Wistia review by Kristina F.
Kristina F.

"Great Video Content Management System"

What do you like best?

Wistia makes it easy to embed and track corporate videos - making them easy to display on our corporate site, promote via social media, and makes tracking and analytics easy and applicable.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this platform that I don't like. For organizations that maintain many videos it is great from project management and video promotion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wistia works well with Sitecore CMS. Their dashboards give you a great high level view of what videos are most effective for your organization across the board but also give you a more in-depth view when needed.

In our industry, video is a powerful medium to connect with prospects and customers constantly bombarded with dryer materials such as long white papers and technical documents. Wistia allows us to professionally share our videos with the world while allowing us to intelligently track their performance giving us the opportunity to hone our marketing, messaging and understand what our audience responds to.

Wistia review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"Easy to use, constantly improving "

What do you like best?

Turnstiles, color matching on play buttons, lead capture, analytics,

What do you dislike?

Limited integrations

Their "Soapbox" product is missing some key features (the ability to pause).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more cost effective than other "enterprise" software offerings, but could be a little expensive for small businesses.

I haven't evaluated the more recent entries into this space, but Wistia is always improving their offerings. I'd highly recommend them to others.

Fun company culture too !.

My entire business is based on Wistia hosting. I have a "video content as a service" biz model.

Wistia review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Wistia is a amazing tool for video marketing"

What do you like best?

I love that our team can record and publish videos quickly. I really love that we can track how much and which parts of the video people use.

We recently created a chapterized video demo of our product which saves us hours of doing 1:1 demos and has helped us educate a larger number of our new users each month.

We also do quick videos using Soapbox to answer support questions. Based on the questions we get, we create marketing videos that answer those questions.

Because our product's visuals are so key (we provide data visualization software) and our tool is easy to use, video is a great way to show that off.

What do you dislike?

Like every software I use, I wish it were a bit less expensive. But, given the tracking they provide, I believe it is the best deal around. We could host videos cheaper, but we wouldn't get the tracking. The tracking helps us improve the effectiveness of the video, which gives us an ROI and affirmation that the effort required to produce and refine the video is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

Helping our customers learn our product faster and more effectively.

Wistia review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Awesome Video Hosting AND Solid Community"

What do you like best?

Our company LOVES Wistia! Though it might sound odd to some, as a fellow marketer, I really appreciate Wistia's marketing emails and general approach to customer success. Beyond an incredibly intuitive product interface, Wistia has an awesome community and educational materials that help customers actually make the most of the platform, whether it's instructional videos, quirky blog posts, or quick roundups.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I actively dislike about Wistia. I might prefer a different organizational structure to projects (perhaps a grid view, rather than list).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend Wistia! I've used other video hosting and analytics in the past and non are quite as intuitive or user-friendly. Plus, the brand is just plain fun.

We use Wistia to host our videos, provide analytics, and integrate with our marketing software, HubSpot. We love how simple it is to embed videos in multiple formats (especially popover embed) and customize CTAs to match our brand.

Wistia review by User in Computer Software

"Simple, easy video hosting"

What do you like best?

Wistia's interface is clean and simple. Not buggy. Videos play in a nice player and the API is easy to code for. It's got some nice built-in features to jazz up the videos and add calls to action.

What do you dislike?

Videos take FOREVER to encode. But this is common with any video hosting.

The Hubspot integration is STUPID expensive and doesn't make sense for a smaller company. You would have to be a full time media provider/producer for those numbers to make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't recommend them enough.

Wistia has been crucial to our marketing business. We rely on video a lot to release our content and Wistia has had almost zero problems over the course of using it.

Wistia review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Solid Analytics, Great quality"

What do you like best?

Analytics give good insights into the engagement with each video. Player can be customized quickly with enough options for us to provide good value to our customers.

What do you dislike?

Would be good to be a able to exclude certain IP's or users from reports to get rid of our test users.

AB testing content to help drive user adoption and engagement. We have been able to measure the performance of content and improve upon it over time.

Wistia review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"love, Love, LOVE Wistia! "

What do you like best?

Wistia is a simple to use video platform that allows our entire (remote) team to work collaboratively and complete projects.

Processing times are lightning quick. We've personally never experienced any major technical glitches or outages. It's a solid, reliable platform.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it's a solid platform. Noting comes to mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind ease of use and team access. They were two big selling points that ultimately lead us to choose Wistia.

Wistia also integrates directly with our marketing automation platform, which was a MAJOR added benefit.

Biggest business benefit is access to robust analytics. Wistia provides amazing insight into the minds of our customers / video viewers.

Wistia also integrates directly with our marketing automation platform, which was a major added benefit. It's a beautiful thing when everything works together!

Wistia review by Kristin H.
Kristin H.

"Simple way to host and share video"

What do you like best?

By far my favorite feature is the integration with hubspot - the ability to insert thumbnails straight into emails from the Wistia links makes emailing videos out for sales prospecting easier than ever. The analytics are also extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

If the analytics were pulling into Hubspot (for example, how long someone watched a particular video would be pulled into their contact record) it would be extremely helpful.

Easily sharing video files with prospects - while securing and monitoring usage.

Wistia review by Suzanne R.
Suzanne R.

"Will not find an easier video host"

What do you like best?

I can upload a video on Wistia and within minutes, I can get the link to host the video on a webpage, send in an email and all sorts. It's super simple!

What do you dislike?

It's lacking in terms of SEO and how we can find ways to improve the amount of people coming to watch the videos. Also, there isn't anywhere to put a playlist together so viewers can watch the videos and then see some other projects we've done.

Wistia has solved our problem of finding somewhere to host videos, without it being overrun by adverts. We have benefited from the excellent customer service as they helped us set up, making the whole process so easy!

Wistia review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"An Up & Coming Video Hosting Service"

What do you like best?

Wistia has a clean and functional design. Lots of ways to customize and embed your videos in many formats. Allows for custom thumbnails that can be selected on videos as well as a statistics and analytics on all the of your videos.

What do you dislike?

Not much for organization when you have a lot of videos. It still seems to be developing but Wistia rolls out an update every month or two with a bunch of new features. I'm not the main administrator but I believe their pricing is quite expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on all the video hosting sites. If you can use other platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo Pro, do so.

We were looking for a video hosting service that could be white-listed by our IT department due to a strict internet proxy.

Wistia review by Katie M.
Katie M.

"New user, impressed so far!"

What do you like best?

I like that the upload, download, sharing, etc. of videos is clear and easy. It's a very user-friendly platform. The analytics are also great.

What do you dislike?

We use Wistia for the hosting of our webinars, and although I know this is not their wheelhouse, it would be convenient for us to be able to actually host a webinar on Wistia so there's no back-and-forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for exactly what it offers!

The data/analytics they provide is nice. We're able to use Wistia to host any and all videos, not just client-facing, but in-platform adjustments and enhancements for the team to see, screenshare videos for inside of presentations, and more.

Wistia review by Cory P.
Cory P.

"A simple, feature-rich tool for video marketing!"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a great tool that is simple to use, easy to configure and a perfect solution for video marketing. Easily embed video into your website or blog and configure it using many options that Wistia provides. It's easily customizable to fit your look and needs, and it's dead simple to embed videos for both desktop and mobile viewers.

Wistia integrates into many other tools, and we use it directly integrated into HubSpot. This allows us to see exactly what our customers viewed, how many times, what sections they replayed, etc. It's nicely designed and easily configurable, which makes it fast to get video online and in front of our customers.

Wistia provides awesome marketing tools along with analytics to help drive success with video marketing. Being able to see analytics on what was played, where a viewer started/stopped/replayed, etc. is awesomely helpful. We've been able to fine tune our videos based on the analytics to help drive more engagement!

They also have a great blog that covers helpful video marketing tips and topics.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of a single thing that I dislike about Wistia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, use it and you'll love it!! Wistia is a great platform for content marketers.

We wanted a way to track video views, while also knowing exactly what parts of our videos were performing well. Wistia provides exactly that, while also integrating directly into our marketing platform.

Wistia review by Will G.
Will G.

"Video Hosting and Analytics made easy!"

What do you like best?

The Chrome plugins make loading videos very simple. The whole process of loading, embedding, setting permissions is extremely easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome plugin sometimes doesn't show all videos...appears to be a bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have need for a private video host for learning and/or marketing materials, I highly recommend Wistia. They are constantly improving.

HOsting of training library materials, easy way to share screencapture videos with clients.

Wistia review by Jacco d.
Jacco d.

"Wistia has a great product and great educational content"

What do you like best?

Wistia seems to know what their core is and focus on it. Video works great and has good customization options, but it's really the analytics and ability to incorporate into marketing campaigns that makes it valuable.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything as we're just using it for hosting video. While we could also benefit from other video functionality for production and storage, that is not Wistia's focus and covered by other vendors.

Analyzing video marketing efforts, ranging from the simple # of views to how engaged viewers are based on how far they get into the video.

Wistia review by Valerie W.
Valerie W.

"Simple but useful"

What do you like best?

I like how simple Wistia is to use. Easy to navigate and understand their UI.

What do you dislike?

The Marketo integration is minimal and I wish it was a lot more robust, allowing us to have more complex forms on the video. Or even to gather more data from the user that watched a video, even if it is just inferred data would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build out more robust integrations allowing for more advanced lead generation.

Video tracking and hosting

Wistia review by Derek J.
Derek J.

"a must have for b2b marketers"

What do you like best?

The integration with hubspot is amazing -- we can send an email to a customer/prospect and trigger an email workflow if the user watched 75% or more of the video. We can also lead score based on which videos a person has viewed. Wistia would be great without the integration but because it's integrated with Hubspot it makes for a dangerous B2B marketing weapon.

Love the oembed feature for wordpress so we just add a line of code that makes the video response per the device size and type. Replacing a video in wistia automatically updates other instances of the video.

For your SEO program, you can provide a link to a recorded webinar or video asset and if a 3rd party uses that video code your website will receive a backlink -- brilliant! We've used this tactic to receive hundreds of high quality backlinks.

What do you dislike?

We pay per video. We have a lot of archived videos that we don't want to keep in another file storage so we end up paying for them and had to go up to the next pricing tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using a marketing automation platform that integrates with Wistia then you need not look further.

When we send emails with videos to prospects we want to know if they viewed them -- we can see what parts of the video each user watched, what parts they were not engaged in, and automate emails / workflows based on that activity. The benefit is a better equipped sales team.

Wistia review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Great video hosting with embeddable features "

What do you like best?

I like the simple and clean design of the site and the ease of uploading video files for hosting. The ability to choose frame grab and customize titles is great so we get exactly what we want when it comes to presentation on our site. Visitor tracking was also something we needed and this provides play counts for the videos hosted on the site. The ability to create folders for different teams was also a nice bonus for us and we are able to upload various videos to each one. The embedding options are pretty robust for different types of websites and covers things like iframes as an option so it works with our own system. There are lots of other options that we didn't need, but they are there so it should satisfy most users.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike about this site. It offers a robust solution for us and checks all the boxes for our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a hosting solution that allows for visitor tracking and thumbnail customizations, then this is the right solution.

Video hosting and the ability to track visitor usage was important and we wanted something that we could easily embed on our website. This site provided hosting and tracking ability so it was a win win. The benefits have been simple uploading, customizing, and tracking. Clean design interface make this a winner for our team.

Wistia review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"Great video software for tracking views!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can look at analytics to see how long people are staying interested our videos. We then know to create more like that or tank them! We know how long we keep the attention of the viewer.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to say, it integrates w/HubSpot so I have the ability to do just about anything. W/out the integration, you would not be able to see who is actually watching, just a location.

My favorite is, It helps me solve my workflow problems so that I have the benefit of adjusting them by adding a video that works elsewhere or taking one out if it is not producing interactions.

Wistia review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Wistia is the best!"

What do you like best?

There are three amazing features about Wistia that I love. First, I love the ability to replace videos after small edits without any changes to the link or embed codes. It saves so much time. Second, I love the ability to no show related videos at the end of the video like Youtube. I hate that feature of Youtube. Finally, I love the ability to add a call to action to the videos. We do it to add clickable links back to the website.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that fact that when you upload a custom thumbnail that it does not automatically transform to 1920x1080. It adds black bars and lines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be a little expensive but it looks great on a website and you have a lot of control.

We use this to send out videos that we don't want people to see view counts and it give us the ability to change the videos to branding standards.

Wistia review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best video hosting tool. Great data. "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and intuitive interface.

Customizing video buttons and colors to your brand is also great.

The tracking and data for each video is also really insightful and helpful.

Embedding is super easy and they give options for a variety of ways you might need to embed on your site.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a better way to organize or tag videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easiest to use video hosting software. They have great CS support and ongoing resources for making your videos the best.

Video hosting for our website and other ways we share videos.

Benefits are easy to embed videos and great analytics.

Wistia review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Watch Out for Big Price Hikes"

What do you like best?

Don't get me wrong, the features are ok and no less than other video hosting providers.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is significantly higher than other solutions. The standard pricing used to include a Hubspot integration, but that has now been removed which makes the cost f a problem. Now to get the integration you have to pay an additional $299 USD (used to be all in for $100. That means you're up to $399 per month for their solution with HS. Features with HS are ok but not worth paying that much for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're after video hosting you're looking in the wrong place based on their price point. This is best suited to video hosting for high volume marketing automation to justify the cost, which is a shame because their video hosting solution is pretty cool.

A video hosting solution to support our website and user help centre videos.

Wistia review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Simple but powerful video hosting for businesses"

What do you like best?

Features are quick and easy to learn and use. Very handy popover embeds, social sharing, and customization options and drilled down analytics. New player Vulcan seems to be a positive upgrade as well.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have it's own community of searchable videos like Vimeo or Youtube would have. So all your views have to come through a shareable method that you, the marketer initiates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the audience you want to view the videos you have and where your customers are visiting online. If they are a general audience and you don't need specific customer by customer analytics, YouTube or Vimeo may be sufficient.

It's an easy way to store and share product videos for us, as well as organize and share webinar recordings of continuing education courses we offer. Easy integration with HubSpot and deep analytics are two benefits we see so far.

Wistia review by Cory A.
Cory A.

"Elite Video Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

The UX and UI of Wistia is as clean as it comes. Remarkable video platform that even the greenest of users can figure out and effectively utilize.

What do you dislike?

Their most recent pricing model/spike isn't very budget friendly. Essentially a numerical cap on videos then each extra is more $$

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to get in on the huge demand for video content and start doing things internally, this is possibly the easiest software you could get started on.

Tracking video content engagement on a very easy, yet granular level. So valuable to see the heat mapping and drop offs or conversions.

Wistia review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Best Alternative to Using Vimeo For Media Professionals"

What do you like best?

I personally choose to use Wistia over Vimeo because it has better privacy control settings. In Wistia, when you click through to the video it doesn't take you to the owner's full album of videos like Vimeo does. This is great if you upload all of your content to one website and you want to the viewer to only see that one clip. It also allows you to place videos up on a password protected site without worrying that anyone will see the content on your personal Wistia page (no one can view that content unless you send then a personal link to it). It also has great customization in case you want the Wistia watermark removed, the play button/frame color customized and if best of all you can set the preview image to whatever you like - you can even set it to an image that isn't in the video. Wistia also has more accurate analytics - you can see the exact area and company that your viewers come from.

What do you dislike?

If you're someone that wants all of your media readily available and viewable from your media upload page like it is with Vimeo, then Wistia probably isn't for you. Another possible drawback is that Wistia has a video size upload limit. Vimeo also has this limit, but it's a weekly 5GB limit, whereas Wistia's limit is an overall size of all your videos. This means even if you wait a week, you won't be able to upload more videos if you're at max upload capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wistia is great if you're looking for a software to showcase your media work (for example if you're looking to send it to clients as an example of your work or to put on a website. I wouldn't recommend it for large companies that are looking to send preview links (there are much cheaper options such as Wiredrive, MediaSilo, and Frame). If you're a small team or even one person and you're looking for an alternative to Vimeo, then look no further.

Wistia is a great way to showcase your work. It's a little expensive to use as a backup for all of your video media, but you could use it for that as well. It also has built in video analytics, so that you can track who watches your videos and from where they're from.

Wistia review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Amazing service, couldn't ask for clarification anything better video marketing related"

What do you like best?

- amazing analytics

-friendly staff

-thought leaders in video marketing

-can be used to directly influence sales and marketing

What do you dislike?

Nothing! This is one of the greatest platforms out there for business video.

Using Wistia, I have been able to identify key digital behavior metrics that reflect a sales leads's intent and engagement with using our service. The benefits of video marketing analytics is that instead of throwing a video on YouTube and hoping for results, I can post a video on Wistia and track who watched, when they watched and how much they watched. This in combination with email marketing software has made the marketing behavior assessment of a lead incredibly revealing.

Wistia review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"Good starting solution for video hosting"

What do you like best?

1) Clean and simple interface

2) Little setup required, generally works right of the box.

3) No downtime on delivering video content

What do you dislike?

1) Limited analytics set right now natively. Requires integrations with other providers to get deeper insight.

2) Sorting, filtering and maintenance of existing media uploaded can be a chore when your catalog gets quite big.

3) Needs better user management tools

We use Wistia to host on-demand webinars and many internal videos. Currently we're evaluating how we can better use the platform to enable our sales team to leverage our sales content to send to clients in an easier way, while helping to report back to marketing on their lead quality.

Wistia review by Justin U.
Justin U.

"Professional Video Hosting with a Marketing Twist"

What do you like best?

The straight-forward, user friendly user interface is great. The available tools are robust with enhancements made regularly. The reporting features are well presented and easy to understand, which gives us great visibility into how our video content is being consumed. The Wistia community is awesome as well. It is a very enthusiastic and supportive community.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, it's difficult to find something not to like. Recently we've had a minor issue with videos defaulting to HTML5 in Chrome, but resolution is already underway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at your needs against Wistia's feature set - if their marketing tools will provide the metrics that you are interested in, you won't be let down.

We are distributing better videos since moving to Wistia. Their heat maps and other reporting tools help us see our viewers behavior, allowing us to tweak our production techniques and delivery to improve the overall experience. Being part of their online community has also allowed us to share the experiences of others to enhance our craft, learn new things - all of which leads to a better video product for our viewers.

Wistia review by Danai G.
Danai G.

"The Best B2B Video Software in the Market!"

What do you like best?

Wistia is extremely user-friendly, powerful, and intuitive. I am able to upload, edit, and share videos without any problems. I also love the ability to insert custom call-to-actions in my videos in order to drive lead generation. Integrates well with my marketing automation tool (Pardot), and has good reporting tools.

What do you dislike?

The only major drawback is the price, especially compared with competitors. Wistia does have an amazing set of features, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use the call-to-action feature, and make sure to leverage the great statistics that are available. In short, be proactive!

Wistia has allowed us to leverage our video content in order to drive lead generation. It's integration with Pardot means that we can understand our prospects and leads better than ever before.

Wistia review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Wistia has provided a video hosting solution that integrates very well with my website."

What do you like best?

The straight-forward design of the Wistia website provides a clearly defined user experience.

What do you dislike?

I know that I am supposed to provide an explanation of negative experiences, but I have none. In the past, if I had an issue to resolve, the support given offered appropriate resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an account set-up. Upload a few videos. Integrate with your website. Once you have done that, you will know you created a solution that allows you to finely control your message.

With the recent YouTube changes, I wanted to create a video hosting solution that:

1. Offered better quality.

2. No bothersome advertisement before playing video.

3. No clutter - namely filling the browser with next-up suggestions.

Wistia review by Mitchell Y.
Mitchell Y.

"Very clean, easy-to-use video hosting platform!"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a very straight forward and intuitive video hosting platform. Allows for easy embedding and sharing. Displays detailed stats of your videos i.e. engagement, heatmaps, play rate, etc.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more customization options for the look/design of the videos.

Allows us to host and share internal and external-facing videos without the noise and clutter of YouTube.

Wistia review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"GREAT!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy uploads, movability and functions. I love their videos they post as well. I have used their tips for our own production videos. I love that i can reorder and rework the videos while they are wistia. I love their silly videos and their serious videos. They have seriously helped us when shooting our videos.

What do you dislike?

Since they are a video hosting site sometimes when uploading it takes forever. That's about it. We love Wistia and are totally blessed to have this resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!!

We are solving the fact we don't have to host our videos for our platform elsewhere.

Wistia review by Lois J.
Lois J.

"Versatile tool to help make the most of video in marketing"

What do you like best?

It's been easy to use and reliable for my needs so far. Even on the free plans there is good functionality and the basic analytics on performance you need to guide marketing efforts. I particularly like how Wistia use video themselves and the resources they make available to help educate the rest of us.

What do you dislike?

I am mainly using the entry level products for a couple of different sites and nothing has given me any trouble so far.

Video hosting for websites - I particularly wanted an option that didn't display other parties 'related videos' on my site and gave me good analytics and sharing options on my videos.

Wistia review by Devan D.
Devan D.

"Outstanding"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that wistia can link up to salesforce and allow me to look at who's viewed demos and other applications. Its a great product that can not only show what has been viewed, but also tracks which percentages. Since our demos are done in chapter, its very easy to see what chapters they have seen.

I do like the way that the application is seen as well. The displays are colorful and everything is very easy to see in terms of usage and whether or not a prospect is using other video as well.

What do you dislike?

They only thing I really dislike about wistia is that sometimes there is a delay on salesforce's end to see if someone has watched a demo.

With that being said, I'm not sure if that is really wistia's fault or salesforces'.

Besides that, the only thing that I dislike is that we didn't know about wistia sooner. I think having this solution in place sooner, would have allowed us to monitor these leads much more effectively from the get go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a company worth using as they would satisfy many of your needs in terms of videos and demos and usage of those by certain clients.

We are solving who is viewing our products and and how much of the product they are actually viewing. This helps us keep tabs on who is a good lead and who is not. i think that this is something that will really help us in the long run with being able to label someone a good lead or not.

Wistia review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Low-cost alternative to those expensive hosting providers"

What do you like best?

Wistia is great for hosting video on our website to offload bandwidth from our server. The integration with HubSpot is great, as many others don't do this. Their videos stream fast, have a HTML 5 player which fails over to flash if the player isn't compatible, and the player is unbranded.

What do you dislike?

Although we pay for the unbranded player, if the user right clicks on the video, they are still prompted with a menu that mentions Wistia and has a link to their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their plans are limited by the amount of uploaded videos. If you have 100 videos at 3 hours each, or 100 videos at 3 seconds each, it doesn't matter. Make sure the videos you upload are worth-while so that you don't have to pay extra for the next tier up.

Wistia allows us to stream video fast, without having to encode multiple versions of the same video. The ability to auto-detect the browser type, as well as bandwidth makes it very simple for us to upload a single video and have it automatically converted.

Wistia review by Todd H.
Todd H.

"They give far more than they receive"

What do you like best?

One of, if not, THE best service provider of any resource I've ever used. Simply, they make my life easier at a minimum and provide extra benefits I didn't know I need nor would use. Everything they do is top notch.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I cannot think of a single thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save your time searching.

Video production is time consuming, even if you're doing it poorly. Wistia provides everything you need and supports as well. They're practically dummy-proof, you could be a raw beginner and simply follow what they advise and you'll produce solid material.

Wistia is an absolute must if you're a small business owner or one-man-band "video department". You simply won't spend less time or money for the quality if you're going to do video.

Wistia review by Barry F.
Barry F.

"amazing "

What do you like best?

wistia streams from my iPhone to my television without fail.... in fact it works better than my Apple TV 4

more reliable than net flicks, shomi or crave.... fast easy and flawless.

add in the option to download multiple resolutions and you have an amazing product. wistia is out only source for screening "Survivorman edits for all our broadcast partners around the globe.....nothing better, we have tried them all.

What do you dislike?

I want clients to be able to download by clicking the link,... and not have to log into wistia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it now....

watching HD edits of our television show Survivorman anywhere in the world wher a signal is present ... even a bad one will work.

no glitching, stopping or stuttering.

Wistia review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"Wisitia is great for webinars"

What do you like best?

I like that you can see the areas of recordings that people watched and skipped, helps see the areas that may have been boring or ineffective to improve for future webinars

What do you dislike?

I dislike that unlike youtube, new employees aren't familiar with it and it takes additional training on how to use it

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a normal video hosting tool, it provides information in the form of analytics you will find useful to your business if you host webinars or post training

Previously, video analytics weren't available with other platform, we've realized a lot of value from the analytics we get from Wistia to help improve and retain attention.

Wistia review by Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.

"More professional video hosting than YouTube"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the appearance settings of the video. Also it connects to our CRM (Marketo) so when leads submit their email address to watch the video they're automatically added to our database.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a few tries to have your changes saved which can get annoying after a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for if you do a lot of training/onboarding videos or webinars.

Hosting our webinar recordings. We embed them in our resources library and also share them on social. Being able to capture email address allows us to advertise them and track our ROI.

Wistia review by User in Internet

"Great tool for simple or complex video needs"

What do you like best?

WYSIWYG customization of player

Easy to upload and categorize videos

Affordable plans

Responsive sizing of video player

What do you dislike?

Video analytics moved to a more expensive tier than when we started, so we lost that functionality on our plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wistia has become pretty ubiquitous after YouTube in terms of hosting marketing and business video content. That's a good sign that they're doing things right. Take advantage of their rich educational resources to beat the video learning curve -- they've done an awesome job helping marketers learn to do video.

We needed a user-friendly video platform to host our support and marketing videos. Wistia was a great way to have a good looking, non-YouTube video player that was still easy to work with.

Wistia review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Better than YouTube for marketing teams "

What do you like best?

What is let's you upload, add subtitles, track people who watch, along with all the other features of YouTube.

What do you dislike?

It seems to take a little longer to upload, and my team never really remembers the password, once we log in and wait for the upload though, we can add a lot of details and metadata to our videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get he whole team shown all the features and then launch. That way you optimize every video no matter who uploads it.

We use his for marketing videos, to put them in our site and also partner sites.

Wistia review by Heather S.
Heather S.

"Professional Video Training for Beginners"

What do you like best?

I hadn't done video before and needed to quickly get trained for my new job. Wistia's vast training library walked me through each part of the process. They made it so easy!!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Wistia!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate - just do it! In addition to an awesome hosting site, Wistia has everything you need to know about scripting, shooting, and editing videos. I couldn't have created the 100+ videos in our online course if it weren't for Wistia.

We needed to create an online training program and having the ability to store our 100+ videos on Wistia, and then easily embed them onto our site has been great.

Wistia review by Shalene W.
Shalene W.

"Easy to Use - No brainer for Communication Teams"

What do you like best?

Quick simple to upload, share directly, and track. It allows our global team to collaborate and edit our projects, seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about Wistia

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a video hosting tool for your team, look no further than Wistia!

An easy way to share video content, add commenting internally, amplify on social channels. Simple User Interface, cannot get any more intuitive.

Wistia review by Simon H.
Simon H.

"Premium portable video service. Super powered video utility."

What do you like best?

The focus on user simplicity for what can be a complex product.

All the complicated features are available but they have been simplified so that you don't need a developer to implement them.

What do you dislike?

When the video playlist feature is robust and powerful as the new player release, this product will be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its not free but it shouldn't be for a product that packs so much punch.

B2B video presentation. Pure and simple.

Wistia review by User in Internet

"Wistia - A standard in corporate video hosting"

What do you like best?

Intuitive, light, and functional video platform

What do you dislike?

Pricing is somewhat ridiculous. I personally wouldn't pay this much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you uploads tons of videos and are personally paying for your subscription (not an employer), I'd look elsewhere. No reason to pay this much instead of using Youtube or another alternative.

We use Wistia to post all of our videos, which are quite a few (maybe 20-30+ per year). We embed these from Wistia onto our website.

Wistia review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Great way to manage B2B video and track metrics"

What do you like best?

Wistia is simple to use, but gives a lot more flexibility to manage and track videos than other free services. I love that I can look at comprehensive metrics and control user access. I also love that you can update the video in the future without sacrificing your precious view data.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to find the daily trends stats which I like to measure.

Wistia has helped us manage our video, internally and externally, and made it easy for everyone in the company to contribute.

Wistia review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"Fantastic!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use vs price ratio is fantastic. After using a competing product, we found switching to Wistia easy (for literally a thousand videos). Embedding on our portal is a snap and being charged for bandwidth vs video count was big for us.

What do you dislike?

Really, not much. If there's anything, its hard to measure bandwidth vs video count. All I need to know however is that I'm paying less than half each month to the previous system :).

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!

Hosted video, gated email collection, stats on viewership, training non-pirated video hosting. Each of them is a benefit but the biggest are: Integration with Hubspot, ease of use, price ratio.

Wistia review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Wistia is great for marketers managing and embedding multiple video assets. "

What do you like best?

Flexibility to gate/add custom CTA's. I also love their blog and emails. They have great tips for not just video, but marketing in general.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are not as robust as I would like, and it is difficult to strip out IP's of our full team (we have people that work remotely and their IP address sometimes changes or is not stripped out from analytics.)

We want insights about who is viewing our product videos and videos from our sales team. Wistia easily helps us organize all of our videos by project, make updates, and get analytics. They are easy to embed on landing pages and in emails and look great.

Wistia review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Sweet baby Jesus, Wistia is deliciously good. "

What do you like best?

We love the analytics. We love the interface. We love Wistia's rad style. We LOVE how much content they create to help us AND our clients out.

What do you dislike?

Is there really anything to dislike? They're killing it y'all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drink the kool-aid people, it's as good as it sounds. Plus, Lenny. I mean really.

We help small businesses succeed and grow. Wistia helps us do that through cost-effective video hosting and analytics.

Wistia review by User in Internet

"Wistia is so user-friendly!"

What do you like best?

For someone who is new to video, Wistia makes it easy to upload videos, organize your portfolio, and use the videos on your website or other landing pages.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive to integrate Wistia with Hubspot, and it would require extra manual set up if we chose to integrate the two systems.

We are reaching more clients and providing better training and learning opportunities through video!

Wistia review by Manda B.
Manda B.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and helpful they are. Not only do they give you a great product, but they give you helpful videos to make sure that you know what you are doing. Love the product!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I haven't had a problem with them yet. They're great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to do it! Switch to Wistia.

It helps us with tracking and implementation of our software.

Wistia review by Daniel J. M.
Daniel J. M.

"Easy to use product, excellent support"

What do you like best?

Wistia is easy to use, easy to understand conceptually, and easy to fix when you run into trouble because of their top tier support team. It integrations with our systems like HubSpot and Salesforce. Video is HUGE now a days so it's really important for digital marketers to use a platform that works with other platforms and easy to share/embed. That's Wistia.

What do you dislike?

I do think they could have more reporting tools.

Video marketing is huge for our target market. We've made over 250 videos and they are highly consumed by our audience. it's perfect for lead generation, education, onboarding and sales enablement.

Wistia review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best Video Hosting Platform"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to upload video content onto the platform and then get embed codes to display the videos on our other sites.

What do you dislike?

The organization of the files could be cleaned up a bit. It would also be nice to have a "tile" display of the videos in each folder.

We host all kinds of videos that are used with our customers, as well as other videos used internally for training. Storing the videos in one place makes it easy to have a source of truth when videos are updated or changed.

Wistia review by Administrator

"Good video platform"

What do you like best?

Wistia is a tool easy to use that allow me uploading videos, creating files, track video webinars and so on. I highly recommend this tool because it's just simple and useful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say, Wistia offer all I need at the moment!

I record webinars, brand videos, and so on. I can track the views, the % watched, and so on.

Wistia review by SeeWhy L.
SeeWhy L.

"Awesome video hosting service!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. Fast, easy to use, and simple to embed. As an online business, we wanted a video hosting service that is quick and easy to upload videos to and have reliable hosting. Wistia fulfills our needs perfectly!

What do you dislike?

We don't dislike any of the current service or features but do look forward to any new features that may come out in the future.

Solved our requirement for an easy to use, and fast, video hosting and delivery. The biggest benefit being reliability and some nice stats.

Wistia review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A great way to gate content behind user information"

What do you like best?

I love that we can see WHO watches our videos. Super useful for lead generation.

What do you dislike?

The free trial tier is basically useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the email collection to watch videos. It's so easy to generate leads this way.

Mostly how to make our content useful. We'd make video content and wouldn't be able to really leverage it propery, but now we can!

Wistia review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Best Business Video Hosting Solution on the Market"

What do you like best?

Wistia has amazing features on top of their video hosting and video player. Their embedding tools for your website have been a big plus for us, and we are really looking forward to kicking off using the segmented video tool that allows our viewers to skip to specific "chapters" of our video.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Can be a bit expensive, but we got our license at a promo rate.

- Embedded video player on our website

- Video storage and management

Wistia review by Garrett S.
Garrett S.

"Excellent video hosting product and service"

What do you like best?

The ease at which we are able to get videos up and out to the world is great. With all the customizing options as well as the lead generation capabilities we are able to make video more a part of our marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a slightly more robust integration with Marketo and Salesforce, however it works well for our needs now.

We have a very visual product, and having a great video hosting provider is invaluable. We often put a lead gate right into the video for recorded webinars and the like.

Wistia review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great video platform for a small marketing team"

What do you like best?

Wistia is easy to use for those without extensive video marketing experience. It's easy to embed videos on your site, customize the look and feel of the player, and add CTAs.

What do you dislike?

Have had some small issues with video formatting for webinar recordings and web platform runs slowly at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to post marketing videos on your site and have less than 100 videos, Wistia is the best platform. Much better than trying embedding YouTube videos on your site. Also easier to use and less expensive than other video marketing platforms.

Wistia allows us to post videos on our site and track engagement and event specific viewers through the HubSpot integration.

Wistia review by User

"Professional video hosting"

What do you like best?

Reasonably priced, good customer support and upgrade from hosting on Youtube or Vimeo. Also like the reporting on views.

What do you dislike?

Pretty satisfied, so not much comes to mind that I dislike.

We need a professional way to host video content (ie not YouTube) and we want to track views (lenth, location, etc.)

Wistia review by User