Wistia

Wistia provides video hosting for business.

Work for Wistia?

Showing 120 Wistia reviews
Wistia review by <span>Eric H.</span>
Eric H.

Customer Service Excellence and a High Quality Product

What do you like best?

I've always been a huge fan of the heatmaps and statistics. Being able to visually see the engagement is really useful. It allows us to make decisions about video content, video length, and composition.

Update for Nov 2017 -- Still very happy with the service! Keep up the good work!

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the watcher tracking feature since we don't gate content and it becomes a long list of anonymous viewers. The admin section could use some work on making it easier to quickly take actions or see stats on specific videos with less clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should be communicating via video and this is a great place to host!

When we initially signed up, this solved a business problem where we helped someone monetize video content without letting a viewer share it to people who haven't paid for the content. More recently, we spent a lot of time moving videos off of YouTube and onto Wistia to control the content and keep our customers on our website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wistia
Wistia review by <span>Drew F.</span>
Drew F.

Video Hosting & Custom Player with all kinds of Fun Integrations

What do you like best?

I love that Wistia allows you to choose a custom color on the video player that matches your brand! Plus I am able to integrate Wistia with all my other marketing tools. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content. I would highly recommend every user to follow Wistia's blog and learning library for solid content. I have learned how to "up" my game as a marketer using video while following their blog.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to make mention of anything that I dislike about Wistia. They provide outstanding content for all video marketers along with an superb product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their free option plan and work to develop a solid video strategy. Then, I would recommend using the heat maps to analyze the videos and maybe go back and tweak your videos for better engagement.

Everything when it comes to sending a message to our target audience during a lead nurturing campaign. One of the features that I have seen a significant advantage would be the heatmap and video analytics broken down by viewer. We have used the heatmaps and video analytics to update videos to keep viewers engaged with our content.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Wistia review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

Awesome easy to use product

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy for my team to upload and share videos, and I love how easy it is to view stats and detailed info for each video we upload.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I've never had any issues that Support couldn't solve, and the platform is really straightforward with a lot under the hood when you need it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to use and the culture and support are fantastic.

We have both the Marketing and Customer Success teams using it. So for our marketing, we add product and info videos we host on the site. For CS, we upload individual training videos for customers, and also help center videos. We can also include links to the videos through support tickets using the Zendesk integration, which is awesome.

Wistia review by <span>Susan N.</span>
Susan N.

Great product, great customer service, amazing results

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Wistia is how easy it is to integrate, both into your website and with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot. I also LOVE the resources they're always sharing that allow those inexperienced with using video to share great content on a low budget. Their customer service has always been super-responsive and friendly, and their company culture and internal videos make me happy and give me hope that if they sometimes struggle to get it right (given their outtakes), it's ok that the rest of us struggle sometimes too.

What do you dislike?

I know they're continuing to work on it, but I wish there was even more integration with Pardot so that we could automate and segment more directly based on interactions with video. However, the reporting that allows us to see how people are interacting is still really valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, especially with regard to how Wistia and/or competitors compare to YouTube and which content works better on one platform (Wistia) vs YouTube vs both. Moz has some good content on this topic. Also, review Wistia's own resources to see if they deliver the kind of support you need. Finally, be sure to get a demo and have them show you what's possible if you're trying to link Wistia to a marketing automation platform and/or CRM. If you're comparing Wistia with other vendors, make sure you make them walk you through the connection and show you exactly what you'll be able to see and do both in the CRM and/or directly in the marketing automation platform.

We wanted an easy way to display video, from the costly professionally produced content to our internal videos such as client testimonials, and we wanted evidence about whether video was working: bringing us more traffic, promoting engagement, and nudging prospects closer to that sales conversation. Not only have we been able to track the performance of our videos (and which parts of our videos are most effective), hosting the videos on website landing pages and including transcripts (which Wistia can generate at a very reasonable cost), as well as taking advantage of Wistia's SEO site map, we've seen our Google ranking rise. I don't know if that will be true for everyone, but shifting our focus away from YouTube to hosting videos on our own site increased our backlinks and for some of our keywords, moved us to page one.

Wistia review by <span>Candice D. C.</span>
Candice D. C.

Wistia Rocks #nodoubt

What do you like best?

Functionality is sleek, high tech, easy to use + way ahead of YouTube + Viimeo. Analytics are clear + easy. Plus their blog is killer. Helped us in early stages of creating video. We are #fans

What do you dislike?

Would love to be able to host even more videos on the freemium version for my personal vlog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendation other than to simply do it.

Wistia helped us solve a company culture + communication problem - their blogs were our go to when we had no idea what we were doing. We have now created a culture of video communications and it accounts for 90% of all communications and has been a reason for skyrocketing employee engagement. #winwin

The ease of use + speed at which we can upload + distribute helps us get communications out fast + is especially helpful for crisis communications. Their google chrome extension helps us create slick looking emails in a hurry - analytics help us track effectiveness easily. Want to create + distribute awesome video easily?? This is it. #wistiafan

Wistia review by <span>Luque W.</span>
Luque W.

Simple but Powerful Video Solution

What do you like best?

Simple to use with native integration with HubSpot. Real-time analytics provided great insight into our marketing campaigns. Once it's setup there almost no maintenance required that's why I couldn't comment on its support. The user management feature was also very useful, which made this tool easily scaled and be used by different departments in the company.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a "dislike", rather a wish list. The lead gen feature could be further improved. During the time when we were using Wistia, the in-video form didn't allow users to create custom fields. I agree that in-video forms need to be simple and short for conversion or even UI purpose, but it will be great to leave this decision to users for their specific marketing goals and tactics.

Wistia was used not only as our video hosting tool but also as an integrated video marketing solution, which provided great value to our inbound marketing strategy.

Learning about Wistia?

* We monitor all Wistia reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.