WooCommerce Subscriptions

WooCommerce Subscriptions is an extension that allows WooCommerce sites to create and manage products with recurring payments.

Work for WooCommerce Subscriptions?
Recurly learnmore  2x

Learning about WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Subscriptions Reviews

Showing 13 WooCommerce reviews
WooCommerce review by <span>Casey F.</span>
Casey F.

Making Subscriptions Incredibly Simple!

What do you like best?

WooCommerce Subscriptions makes it easy to take recurring payments from clients, or set up subscriptions so that your customers can have access to specified downloadable content from your website, based on the status of their subscription.

I like that I don't have to send out manual invoices to my clients with QuickBooks, as this introduces the possibility of late payments, customer confusion, and other variables that I would rather not deal with in my business.

What do you dislike?

Some of the additional features, like integrating Quickbooks Intuit Payment Gateway has had a couple of quirks since setup, requiring contact with the WooCommerce support team, but after working out the initial kinks, it is now working well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to automate the recurring payments of your customers, WooCommerce is not only a great product for the job - it also integrates well with other WooCommerce extensions that can make your workflow even easier. Taking automated payments rather than sending out manual invoices is my preferred way of doing business with my recurring billing clients.

This software allows me to take recurring payments for my hosting clients. It makes it easier to collect payments from my clients than it would be to send out a manual invoice to each one of them every month. It's also easier for the clients, as they don't have to remember to send a payment to me - they can simply wait for their chosen payment method to automatically draft each month, and there's nothing for them to do.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WooCommerce Subscriptions
WooCommerce review by <span>Zach S.</span>
Zach S.

Flexible subscription product management for WooCommerce

What do you like best?

If you need to manage a subscription product in your WooCommerce store, Subscriptions is the best plugin available to make that possible! Monthly subscription services are a breeze, but you're not locked into charging monthly fees - you can set up the schedule that makes sense for your business. It works seamlessly with most well-written WooCommerce themes. And if you want to charge a subscription fee for access to a portion of your website, you can pair this with WooCommerce Memberships and get rolling in no time!

What do you dislike?

There's a reason we've chosen this plugin for multiple sites now - there isn't anything to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other, cheaper plugins out there... and they are cheaper in EVERY way, including functionality and support. Don't waste your time. This plugin is available from the source (WooThemes) for a reason - it's been vetted and reviewed for compatibility, and will be updated alongside the cadence of WooCommerce releases.

We needed to sell subscriptions, but wanted to do it a little differently: the subscription entitled you to your monthly fee in store credit (ensuring repeat business), 20% off everything in our store, granted free shipping for the month and gave you superpowers. Subscriptions handled the glue to make all but the superpowers reality. We paired it with Smart Coupons, Dynamic Pricing and Advanced Free Shipping to make all of this work. Subscriptions have been an excellent added revenue channel for our business, converting our most loyal supporters into a recurring revenue stream, the holy grail of any business!

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

WooCommerce review by Administrator in Computer Software

Gone are the days of paying for expensive front end development!

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation of add-ons into the woocommerce product. I've been able to expand the already robust woocommerce product into an extremely agile product. The add-ons have helped me tackle some ideas I didn't think were possible basically out of the box.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few issues with the woocommerce subscriptions helper on the back-end of Wordpress, that's about it. Aside from that I get exactly what I pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, if you are even a little bit savvy, you can combine this with woocommerce for excellent additional features that may help boost your ROI. I've been using subscription based add-ons for over four years now and they've enabled me to expand my business and increase the options I can provide to my customer base.

I was able to solve dynamic pricing, it was something woocommerce didn't necessarily have out of the box. This solution enabled me to scale pricing at certain quantity break points. I use several other add ons.

WooCommerce review by <span>Jezrel Jane H.</span>
Jezrel Jane H.

One of the must-have extensions for recurring payments

What do you like best?

It's a really great extension to be used for offering subscription-based products and/or services. It makes WooCommerce users to easily create and manage products that are simple, variable, intangible and even memberships, with free trials or recurring fees. Its administration area is also straight-forward and easy to navigate. I like the feature that it still supports manual renewal payments for those users who don't have cards for the online payment. For developers, the detailed documentation helps a lot in the customization of subscription products and renewal options.

What do you dislike?

The pricing of WooCommerce Subscriptions license that covers only a year of automatic update and customer support, in my humble opinion, is quite expensive, BUT still worth it. I still believe it's the best solution out there in terms of subscription functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Both new online shop owners and seasoned WordPress developers should be using this extension from the very start of the development membership websites, if they really want to have a full-featured subscription management software unlike any other. It's good value for the money.

WooCommerce Subscriptions is the all-in-one solution I found for my clients' websites offering monthly subscription boxes as their products.

WooCommerce review by User in Information Technology and Services

Very good but pricey and tedious to setup

What do you like best?

I love the array of options offered, from free trial for your subscriptions to variable lengths of the subscription

What do you dislike?

It was very tedious to set up e.g. even though i input all the keys correctly it kept saying my PayPal APN pin was wrong. Similarly, for the life of my, I couldn't figure out how to set up upgrade/downgrade even though i set up referential payments on my paypal account. I didn't want t o have 200$/month for the plugin and then another 200 to a developer to setup

Subscriptions. Haven't started using it yet - setup costs seem very high

WooCommerce review by <span>Callum L.</span>
Callum L.

Amazing for billing customers on a recurring basis, no code required!

What do you like best?

easily intergrateable within your current wordpress site, easy to manage current customer subscriptions. Can display subscription with woocommerce store. Customers can manually cancel current subscriptions with you. set minimum and maximum subscription length before a customer can cancel their subscription. A good way for customers to pay recurring fees. Works with many popular payment gateways such as paypal and stripe!

What do you dislike?

Bugs out on trial version when trying to purchase multiple subscriptions within one checkout session.

Billing automation.Saving time by not having to manually invoice clients and customers every payment (monthly).

Learning about WooCommerce Subscriptions?

* We monitor all WooCommerce Subscriptions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.