WooCommerce Subscriptions

WooCommerce Subscriptions is an extension that allows WooCommerce sites to create and manage products with recurring payments.

Work for WooCommerce Subscriptions?

Learning about WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Subscriptions Reviews

Showing 14 WooCommerce reviews
WooCommerce review by Casey F.
Casey F.

"Making Subscriptions Incredibly Simple!"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce Subscriptions makes it easy to take recurring payments from clients, or set up subscriptions so that your customers can have access to specified downloadable content from your website, based on the status of their subscription.

I like that I don't have to send out manual invoices to my clients with QuickBooks, as this introduces the possibility of late payments, customer confusion, and other variables that I would rather not deal with in my business.

What do you dislike?

Some of the additional features, like integrating Quickbooks Intuit Payment Gateway has had a couple of quirks since setup, requiring contact with the WooCommerce support team, but after working out the initial kinks, it is now working well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to automate the recurring payments of your customers, WooCommerce is not only a great product for the job - it also integrates well with other WooCommerce extensions that can make your workflow even easier. Taking automated payments rather than sending out manual invoices is my preferred way of doing business with my recurring billing clients.

This software allows me to take recurring payments for my hosting clients. It makes it easier to collect payments from my clients than it would be to send out a manual invoice to each one of them every month. It's also easier for the clients, as they don't have to remember to send a payment to me - they can simply wait for their chosen payment method to automatically draft each month, and there's nothing for them to do.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WooCommerce Subscriptions
WooCommerce review by Rozalia M.
Rozalia M.

"Woo Commerce Subscriptions - great way to manage your e-commerce website"

What do you like best?

I use Woo Commerce for a variety of WordPress e-commerce websites. For some websites I recommended the owner to use Woo Commerce Subscriptions. These are plugins and services that improve your website shopping management and visitor experience.

What do you dislike?

There are not plugins for anything you need, sometimes you need to write code or adapt existing code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can start with some free tools, but if you want constant technical support and updates, Woo Commerce subscription can help you by saving time and not having to deal with complex situations.

Integrating shopping cart in WordPress, adding subscription tools like inventory, invoices & shipping list, and more. There are multiple templates and design tools available, including Woo Commerce Store Front suite.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

WooCommerce review by Zach S.
Zach S.

"Flexible subscription product management for WooCommerce"

What do you like best?

If you need to manage a subscription product in your WooCommerce store, Subscriptions is the best plugin available to make that possible! Monthly subscription services are a breeze, but you're not locked into charging monthly fees - you can set up the schedule that makes sense for your business. It works seamlessly with most well-written WooCommerce themes. And if you want to charge a subscription fee for access to a portion of your website, you can pair this with WooCommerce Memberships and get rolling in no time!

What do you dislike?

There's a reason we've chosen this plugin for multiple sites now - there isn't anything to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other, cheaper plugins out there... and they are cheaper in EVERY way, including functionality and support. Don't waste your time. This plugin is available from the source (WooThemes) for a reason - it's been vetted and reviewed for compatibility, and will be updated alongside the cadence of WooCommerce releases.

We needed to sell subscriptions, but wanted to do it a little differently: the subscription entitled you to your monthly fee in store credit (ensuring repeat business), 20% off everything in our store, granted free shipping for the month and gave you superpowers. Subscriptions handled the glue to make all but the superpowers reality. We paired it with Smart Coupons, Dynamic Pricing and Advanced Free Shipping to make all of this work. Subscriptions have been an excellent added revenue channel for our business, converting our most loyal supporters into a recurring revenue stream, the holy grail of any business!

WooCommerce review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Gone are the days of paying for expensive front end development!"

What do you like best?

The ease of implementation of add-ons into the woocommerce product. I've been able to expand the already robust woocommerce product into an extremely agile product. The add-ons have helped me tackle some ideas I didn't think were possible basically out of the box.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few issues with the woocommerce subscriptions helper on the back-end of Wordpress, that's about it. Aside from that I get exactly what I pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, if you are even a little bit savvy, you can combine this with woocommerce for excellent additional features that may help boost your ROI. I've been using subscription based add-ons for over four years now and they've enabled me to expand my business and increase the options I can provide to my customer base.

I was able to solve dynamic pricing, it was something woocommerce didn't necessarily have out of the box. This solution enabled me to scale pricing at certain quantity break points. I use several other add ons.

WooCommerce review by Jezrel Jane H.
Jezrel Jane H.

"One of the must-have extensions for recurring payments"

What do you like best?

It's a really great extension to be used for offering subscription-based products and/or services. It makes WooCommerce users to easily create and manage products that are simple, variable, intangible and even memberships, with free trials or recurring fees. Its administration area is also straight-forward and easy to navigate. I like the feature that it still supports manual renewal payments for those users who don't have cards for the online payment. For developers, the detailed documentation helps a lot in the customization of subscription products and renewal options.

What do you dislike?

The pricing of WooCommerce Subscriptions license that covers only a year of automatic update and customer support, in my humble opinion, is quite expensive, BUT still worth it. I still believe it's the best solution out there in terms of subscription functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Both new online shop owners and seasoned WordPress developers should be using this extension from the very start of the development membership websites, if they really want to have a full-featured subscription management software unlike any other. It's good value for the money.

WooCommerce Subscriptions is the all-in-one solution I found for my clients' websites offering monthly subscription boxes as their products.

WooCommerce review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very good but pricey and tedious to setup "

What do you like best?

I love the array of options offered, from free trial for your subscriptions to variable lengths of the subscription

What do you dislike?

It was very tedious to set up e.g. even though i input all the keys correctly it kept saying my PayPal APN pin was wrong. Similarly, for the life of my, I couldn't figure out how to set up upgrade/downgrade even though i set up referential payments on my paypal account. I didn't want t o have 200$/month for the plugin and then another 200 to a developer to setup

Subscriptions. Haven't started using it yet - setup costs seem very high

WooCommerce review by Callum L.
Callum L.

"Amazing for billing customers on a recurring basis, no code required!"

What do you like best?

easily intergrateable within your current wordpress site, easy to manage current customer subscriptions. Can display subscription with woocommerce store. Customers can manually cancel current subscriptions with you. set minimum and maximum subscription length before a customer can cancel their subscription. A good way for customers to pay recurring fees. Works with many popular payment gateways such as paypal and stripe!

What do you dislike?

Bugs out on trial version when trying to purchase multiple subscriptions within one checkout session.

Billing automation.Saving time by not having to manually invoice clients and customers every payment (monthly).

WooCommerce review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Confusing Package"

What do you like best?

I like how it separates out new subscriptions from previous subscriptions.

What do you dislike?

When a customer updates their address for their "Subscription" , it does not update the address in the "Order" of their subscription. We use the "Order" form to print the subscription. The data downloaded also comes from the "Order". So, when the address is not updated in the "Order", we have to re-ship a lot of subscriptions and manually update the customer's "Order" information. Not handy at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you monitor newly purchase subscriptions and renewal subscriptions, this software is very hands on. Especially with PayPal. For some reason, PayPal payments do not always update the order status to processing. They require manual payment verification and manual status updates.

We ship out subscriptions to customers 4 times a year. We have not found another software that can manage our subscriptions yet.

WooCommerce review by Haithm E.
Haithm E.

"Great tool to start a service based eCommerce business!"

What do you like best?

> Based on WooCommerce and WordPress.

> Easy to use.

> Easy to customize.

> Excellent API to extend functionality.

> Easy to setup.

> Support both digital and normal products.

> Can be integrated with shipping tools.

> Supports a lot of payment methods.

What do you dislike?

> Expensive.

> Not support in most of the current WordPress themes in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you provide an service or an renewable product, WooCoomerce Subscriptions will make it easy for you keep your current clients and make money without the efforts or expenses to convince them or remind them about renewing your service subscription.

> Theme integration is quite hard is you are new to it.

> Not support in most of the current WordPress themes in the market.

WooCommerce review by Drew M.
Drew M.

"okay solution with terrible support and compatibility reporting"

What do you like best?

It is comparatively straightforward to set up compared to other complex woocommerce extensions

What do you dislike?

Out of date documentation and HORRIBLE support. There is no list of compatibility with other woocommerce extensions and since Woo doesn't required third party providers to provide that info, you can end up purchasing a solution that causes far more problems than it solves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to ask Woo sales which extensions this is compatible with otherwise you may end up being very sorry.

Providing subscription solution for clients.

WooCommerce review by Shane R.
Shane R.

"WooCommerce Nailed It!"

What do you like best?

LOVE LOVE LOVE WC Subscriptions. WC Subscriptions and Stripe go hand in hand - to build an amazing power house subscription e-commerce site. Now that 2 subscriptions can be handled simultaneously - in one transaction - the sky is the limit!

What do you dislike?

I wish, and I am sure there will soon be a way, to allow users to split up payments. For example $60/yr split into 3 easy payments.

This was actually a requirement for one of my companies and WC Subscriptions couldn't handle it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save your clients money - or yourself. Use WC Subscriptions!

I use WC Subscriptions for nearly every eCommerce site I create.

WooCommerce review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"This plugin makes it incredibly easy to create subscriptions"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create recurring subscriptions for our plugin business! We love WooCommerce and the subscription add-on is incredible. I think one of my favorite features is the admin interface. It's uncluttered and easy to manage everything.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes at this time. Everything has worked perfectly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that if you are a WordPress user using WooCommerce. Then the subscriptions add-on is a must have if you are taking payments on a payment plan or have monthly/yearly subscriptions.

It helps us take payment for our yearly subscriptions for members and license renewals.

WooCommerce review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"perfect for the side project"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce and their subscriptions made it easy to set up my store. It allowed for more options than other platforms and more variety. Most other options stopped at 2-3 variants. My products had 5-6 choices and over 25 variants within one of those choices. WooCommerce made this work. Their package made my side project easy to launch.

What do you dislike?

Their self-help was lacking, however you could add more packages on if you want to. Easy to get out of hand with adding more

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the extra money.

Setting up an online store to run a small side business. The benefits were allowing me to offer several options to my customers that most other shopping carts limited me to.

WooCommerce review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"WooCommerce G2 Crowd review"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to integrate and add plugins that fit your business needs

What do you dislike?

Hmm tough question. We dislike nothing about WooCommerce!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it! Saves time & money!

We are solving issues with our shipping and order turn around time- saves so much time!

Learning about WooCommerce Subscriptions?

* We monitor all WooCommerce Subscriptions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.