WooCommerce

WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin. And it's available for free. Packed full of features, perfectly integrated into your self-hosted WordPress website.

Work for WooCommerce?

Learning about WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Reviews

Ask WooCommerce a Question
Showing 424 WooCommerce reviews
WooCommerce review by Irina G.
Irina G.

"WooCommerce gives you everything to adjust your products in the best way"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is a platform that allows you to customize your products in the best possible way. Imagine you have some technically difficult product that has a lot of variations depending on its components. You would go mad creating each one separately, so here is WooCommerse to solve it. You can introduce simple product or a variable product and the platform will automatically generate all the variations of it. In case there are too many variations you can use Composite Product type to let the customer choose himself each component at the moment of buying on your website and thus to get the product that suits him best. The prices will be changing according to the type of the product your client has chosen, you just need to introduce all the necessary information in WooCommerce. For me it is especially useful because now we are introducing hundreds of products on the web site

What do you dislike?

There is no option to sort categories by the date of creation, it could be very handy in case you need to delete massively the categories that you introduced by mistake

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem difficult in the beginning, but it is not. Do recommend to give it a try

Presenting product in a handy way for a user, website looks professionally.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WooCommerce
WooCommerce review by Its ME! R.
Its ME! R.

"La mejor solucion e-commerce de codigo abierto"

What do you like best?

Su escalabilidad y el tamaño de la comunidad que se ha formado, Con la integración de otros plugins es posible solucionar todos los recursos que faltan a woocommerce fácilmente... Multi-idiomas? Hay un plugin para eso, Mejorar el SEO, hay un plugin para eso, vender un producto formado de muchos otros productos agrupados? Hay un plugin... y así para casi cualquier limitación que encuentres... la mayoría de los plugins son gratuitos y los de pago suelen ser bastante asequibles, además por ser código abierto cualquier desarrollador puede modificar caso no encuentres un plugin que ya haga lo que necesitas.

What do you dislike?

Igual que con Wordpress (donde Woocommerce funciona) necesitas un BUEN servidor con OPCache habilitado, una versión reciente del PHP y además plugins de cache y optimización y un CDN... Es MUY FÁCIL crear una tienda, no tan fácil que la tienda sea rápida, principalmente cuando añadas miles de productos a tu base de datos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asegúrese de que tu servidor sea rapido y tenga opcache habilitado así como una versión reciente del PHP.

Principalmente ofrecer toda la información de nuestros productos de forma fácil y intuitiva, lo usaremos como un catálogo online en la fase 1 de nuestra nueva web (aún en beta) añadiendo ventas en una segunda fase de region en region (empezando por España).

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

WooCommerce review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Finally a user friendly interface"

What do you like best?

Woo Commerce allows for many individuals to work on a website. Before it was difficult as you needed a more advanced level of web development leaving website updating to one or two people. Now when changes need to be made anyone can update the site. This has made for a more team environment. Working together to create a site has been great.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for adding unique coupons. We only have a few options where I would like to offer customers a buy one get one 50% option. I would also like to pick and choose which products can have special coupons. This is the only negative I have found. However I am sure I could locate an additional plug in to help with this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to try. Woo Commerce is great for business, especially e-commerce. We are now able to work as a team to create a user friendly experience for our customers. The design options are great, fantastic custom options and overall an easy platform.

Now many employees can make website changes rather than just one person. Changes get made much quicker rather than when we worked with code . With code only a true web developer could work on the site. This caused many delays in getting the site functioning properly. Now when a customer calls and needs immediate assistance we are able to help them more efficiently than before.

WooCommerce review by Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.

"Good software"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is the best content management system that allows installing WooCommerce and get transactions with it. I can easily edit any part of our site, from the main page to the purchase button. An important point is that it is so easy to use and that anyone can use it and integrate on their site to manage orders. I like that it is very easy to configure. It comes with several free themes that look beautiful, and they do not take care of anything to use the basic necessary functions.

What do you dislike?

The client account and the purchase of e-mail templates are little complicated. I do not like that WooCommerce still not suitable for mobile devices, because today's generation does everything on mobile devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for stores that are at a budget level. But you can still use it for more advanced stores. I can make my site easy to manage the product, and I can make an online store with a customer request. My customers are happy!

You will have the opportunity to create your online store in minutes. Your customers can buy your products with comfort. With this WP plugin you can make your store unique.

WooCommerce review by Isaura S.
Isaura S.

"The best tool for an ecommerce if you want a fully customized one"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is a powerful tool that can be integrated into your Wordpress site. It has a lot of inbuilt features, but you can add a lot more customization options via plugins. Great integration with some of the best payment gateways, like PayPal or Stripe. Also with some powerful e-commerce tools such as MailChimp. The stock management is also great.

What do you dislike?

There aren't so many things that I dislike about WooCommerce. I use it in so many projects and it has always been a good tool. The worst thing, in my opinion, is the automated email templates customization. They could implement an editor to easily customize the emails that the systems deliver automatically to the customers. Maybe I would also say that sometimes it causes some problems with multilingual sites developed with WPML plugin. The issues are usually for translation synchronization. And with some plugin or Wordpress core updates could appear some bugs, but they usually solve it when they release a new update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me, the best option if you want to build an e-commerce with a total freedom of creation, design and platforms that you want to integrate. Other platforms like Shopify or Bigcommerce are cool too, but you have to follow their rules. With WooCommerce you are free to do whatever you want, but you'll have to have a little knowledge or experience with Wordpress sites.

E-commerce creation in my clients Wordpress sites.

Great stock and orders management.

WooCommerce review by David D.
David D.

"The easier, open-source way to do online commerce"

What do you like best?

Its open source, free, have loads of integration and plugins available and development resources in a way that, if none of the 9999999 plugins available do what you need, (a rare case scenario) you just have to develop (or find a developer that can do the trick) and you fix the problem by yourself! A+

What do you dislike?

Its resources-hungry... once you start putting some hundreds (thousands in our case) of products, a cheap server will not be able to keep up with its requirements, so make sure you have a good server for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, its free and easy to setup, you can easily knnow if it meet your needs or not (check the plugins available before concluding it doesnt meet your needs and be sure to put it in a fast server)

We hadnt an e-commerce before, so its a new thing to our company.

WooCommerce review by Larry B.
Larry B.

"WooCommerce is an Excellent WordPress eCommerce Platform!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use! We just migrated from an old installation of OSCommerce, and the difference is like night and day. The integration with WordPress is seamless and it's handled all our needs with the help of a few readily available plug-ins. I love being able to generate variations of products at the click of a button, linking related products, selling in multiple currencies, and so much more!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't come with an offline credit card gateway, which is a must for my business. I had to purchase a plugin to do what should be native functionality...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make all your product photos the same size (height and width) so they line up nicely in the shopping area. You can change the level of zoom by changing the resolution - the higher the resolution, the higher the level of zoom when the product is published.

WooCommerce allows us to showcase and sell our products on our WordPress website. We sell in multiple countries with corresponding currencies and prices and WooCommerce easily handles the complexity.

WooCommerce review by Jasmine G.
Jasmine G.

"the best software I have used for my online shopping business"

What do you like best?

Woo commerce is very user friendly. I don't have any background with webdeveloping and coding but woocommerce made it possible for me to run my online shopping business. My online shop went smoothly with Woocommerce

Woocommerce has a lot of compatibility plugins I can use to add more features into my website such as adding discounts, promo coupon, setting up advance shipping rates and even wholesale discounts which cannot easily done. But with Wocommerce, I made that without any problems

Payment methods isn't a problem as paypal option is available there

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, just lacks payment method. Hoping that bitcoins will be added soon along with Payza

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are newbie, don't worry woocommerce is very easy to install.No need to be an expert do set up your own shopping site

Woocommerce helped me set up my online shopping website. I realized that it doesn't need that much skills in order to do that

WooCommerce review by James F.
James F.

"the software you need for your online shopping business"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce is very easy to set up. I don't have coding background when I first started my online shop business. With WooCommerce, I was able to set it up without any pain in my brain. Setting it up is just a matter of clicking next next thingy!

What I like the best about this is that it is compatible with most wordpress theme and plugins. The ability of pricing items, providing discounts, creating coupons and charging shipping fee is very easy with WooCommerce.

Dashboard wise, it tells me all the time my gross sales each day and 30 day period as well.

Stock management as well is a nice feature here. I can track all my inventory without any problem.

What do you dislike?

Insufficient payment method, the only thing useful now and fully functioning is paypal. It says there bitcoin is an option too but when I set it up, its not showing up

Recommendations to others considering the product

I swear that WooCommerce is very easy to setup. If you are doubtful with your skills, their support is very helpful. They would assist you till you understand everything about the software

i am using woocommerce for my online business. I have realized that its not that hard to start your online shopping business

WooCommerce review by Erna N.
Erna N.

"Excellent option for a startup"

What do you like best?

I can write a lot of positive about this service. Most importantly, it is free and easy to install and use. The administrator's dashboard is simple and convenient. A customizable section of reports, you will see only the data that you need, without unnecessary information. A large community of WooCommerce users. It the internet you can easily find a lot of useful information about this service, as well as many forums, blogs, and video tutorials. In general, a really customizable service. The service has excellent support and it works all the time. Also, there are many paid themes available, you can change the design as you like.

What do you dislike?

Looking at the fact that the service is built on the basis of WordPress, it carries some security problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WooCommerce is an excellent option for a startup or a young team. If you are a small business owner, you should give WooCommerce a chance.

The main purpose of working in WooCommerce is basic needs in e-commerce, namely the listing of orders, deliveries and receipt of payments.

WooCommerce review by Ajmeri S.
Ajmeri S.

"Features Rich and Free open source online webstore"

What do you like best?

Are you looking for to build webstore within some minutes without any technical knowledge? then woocommerce is the best solution for you! I am WordPress developer and I also develope online webstore inside WordPress using woocommerce plugin.

woocommerce is the great plugin to make the online store with great features such as product management, product categories, and product selling statics. One of the greatest benefits of WooCommerce is that it is free. This toolkit will make selling products online very easy, and it will not cost you a thing. All you have to do is download this plugin, and you will have it in just a few minutes.

Using woocommerce The platform includes detailed order tracking and customer engagement tools, which allow your customers to look at their past orders and get updates on their delivery statuses. It also comes with different shipping options and tax settings. so if you are selling products with tax and VAT then woocommerce can also manage that.

woocommerce is also stands for security it uses secure method for product management and payment, also woocommerce regular gives the updates so woocommerce also take care that the store owner always stays up to date!

One of the best benefits of WooCommerce is its provide to do all the customizations options. This means that your online store does not have to look like everyone else’s. Right now, WooCommerce has more than 40+ themes to choose from, so you can definitely find one that you like. Once you have picked the theme you want, you can start experimenting with the colors and styles. If you get tired of a certain WooCommerce theme, you can always change it.

so in my opinion woocommerce is the best platform to start your online webstore!

What do you dislike?

I only don't like one thing in woocommerce and that is woocommerce is still not good for mobile devices. as today's generation make all things on mobile so woocommerce should also need to make management better on mobile devices too so store owner does not have any worry and they can manage store whenever they go! despite this WooCommerce is still a better choice for those who want to secure profits and have no worry about cost. The platform is also easy to use and manage.

I am able to make webstore with easily product management features and I can make webstore with what client requested. and my clients are happy!!

WooCommerce review by David G.
David G.

"One of the best e-commerce platforms to use with Direct Bank transferences"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce for WordPress is easy to use, have a enormous support and libraries/plugins, themes you could use. So for start you could begin with a very advanced developed e-commerce and you could just put the final touches. Obviously that depends of the requirements but you have a lot to work with.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the most used functionalities are not free, so you have to buy a plugin or an extension, or developed from the start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should probably want to use a theme, could be paid or free, to give the interface a heads up. Later if you want add Internationalization should use a Internationalization Plugin that have a great support, always depending on the theme and the plugins you have installed.

We develop e-commerce websites so we use WooCommerce for WordPress to get a heads up on the e-commerce set up. That and because is greatly supported for themes and plugins, that makes really easy to work with it.

WooCommerce review by Orgu B.
Orgu B.

"More than listing your products!"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce helps me to track my items and creates reports about the actions of the each item's past. Reporting is the best part that I like. Also, MailChimp integration really makes my job easier. I can directly make relation of the product IDs between MailChimp and Woocommerce.

What do you dislike?

I can't say anything that I don't like actually. All the things with Woocommerce are helpful. When I need help, their support team immediately reply my requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to see detailed reports of your item sales you need to give Woocommerce a try. Also, there are lots of options like making discounts and applying the discount code to the products, integration of your local tax amount, shipping calculation etc.

Automated emails, customization of the mail templates, tracking reports of the total sales or even a campaign. These were the needs that I wanted to get and Woocommerce helps me to obtain them.

WooCommerce review by Brianna L.
Brianna L.

"The best e-commerce platform hands down"

What do you like best?

The open source goodness. It is easily expandable and easily customized. Because the software is a plugin built on Wordpress, the infrastructure is very well thought out and allows easy expansion of various features. The REST API is also available and fairly easy to connect to, which makes it great for developers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the openness of the software can be cumbersome. Turn off one switch, three switches turn on. Turn off one of those, two others turn on, etc. The open source-ness means that any time you install a plugin to add functionality, it can break the whole installation. This is true with WordPress but is something that developers deal with on a regular basis working with WooCommerce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best free option for an e-commerce store. IT'S FREE. Why not get it? With Shopify, you pay monthly. With many others, they take a cut of your sales. WooCommerce allows a team to put together a very fully fledged e-commerce store that does everything one can imagine, FOR FREE. LIKE ZERO MONIES FREE. WHAT IS NOT TO HAVE.

Built an e-commerce store and built-in SEO and mobile app rest API.

WooCommerce review by Chie C.
Chie C.

"WooCommerce is the Best eCommerce Platform that you can OWN"

What do you like best?

I like that I can set this up for my clients to own. They don't need to pay monthly for the eCommerce system and they can easily scale up when needed with WooCommerce's useful plugins.

What do you dislike?

The constant updates can be cumbersome, but they are crucial in running the software within your own platform like Wordpress anyway. Wordpress is free but needs constant update for security purposes and so is WooCommerce and other related plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WooCommerce is simple to setup, but I would recommend for new users to hire a professional to set it up first on your Wordpress platform so you are not overwhelmed by it. Once all your systems and integrated and products are setup, request a tutorial or check out online WooCommerce videos on how to do it yourself when it comes to uploading/updating new products.

WooCommerce provides the necessary ecommerce solution for my me and my clients. It allows us to customize the user's checkout experience, integrate with systems like Infusionsoft, Mailchimp, Convertkit etc. Being open-source, it's fully customizable & scalable to any type of business.

WooCommerce review by Seth P.
Seth P.

"Flexable e-commerce platform for flexable website platform"

What do you like best?

I love that WooCommerce is made to run on top of Wordpress. Wordpress is an amazing website platform that you can build anything on top of. I have used WooCommerce a few times to build an online store on top of Wordpress. It makes building a store into the same website that you have all your content on very easy.

What do you dislike?

The number of add-on plugins for WooCommerce is limited, especially the number of free plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a website that is built on Wordpress and you want to have an online store, WooCommerce is the way to go. If you don't but you want to have one website with content and a store than look into the Wordpress/WooCommerce combination.

I wanted to have an online store on the same website that I host other content on. This has definitely been realized because it works on Wordpress that I have done so much other great stuff with.

WooCommerce review by Lilian W.
Lilian W.

"Wonderful software. "

What do you like best?

It is the better content control system, which can make a trade with content. I can easily edit any part of our site start from the homepage to the buy button. I also like to work on publish beautiful content and create a powerful brand.

What do you dislike?

As for me I really struggle with the plugin. Will be much better and helpful if it's will be much easy and common for everyone. With the price I ok I don't think that it's expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you can make a store as unique. You can navigate your content and site. You will have the ability to create your online shop a reality. Your clients can buy your products from their comfort.

It is great that we can help our clients find what they want by adding a label to characterize a product. Also nice step to show purchaser feedback straight on the product page. For me, it is important to view all my sales, refunds.

WooCommerce review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"A year integrating with Woocommerce"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce is popular and reliable e-commerce plugin that runs on the Wordpress content management system (CMS). It integrates nicely with Wordpress, using the underlying functions and data structures as much as possible. For example, a customer in Woocommerce is a user in Wordpress. It builds onto, rather than reinvents, the CMS.

Out of the box Woocommerce adds considerable value before you even have to consider paying for premium features.

What do you dislike?

The premium (paid features) of woocommerce that we've used have been a bit of a disappointment. While focused and targeted to a particular business problem, they tend to be less flexible, less comprehensive, than the woocommerce plugin itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Woocommerce is easy to customize, not only through configuration menus, but also in the code. Documentation can be found on the Woocommerce website and many third party sites for code customization. Or you can spend money on premium Woocommerce and third party plugins to get features you need quickly. The disadvantage of some third party plugins, in particular, is that they don't always give you quite what you need or they integrate in a non-familiar way with Woocommerce.

We are selling physical product directly to consumers, affiliates and retailers. Customizing the checkout process was reasonable. Tax is collected where appropriate. Shipping is calculated. Integration with Stripe and Paypal has been sufficient. Once everything is set up, it just works.

WooCommerce review by Zane P.
Zane P.

"A successful sale starts with WooCommerce."

What do you like best?

I can say that it is great opportunity to manage all task at work. I like the way of controlling all my clients. I have the ability to manage tax account. Also, I like to work on install and smooth way to change there everything that I need.

What do you dislike?

As for me, I don't see any bad lines in this software. I guess will be better to make all process about working tools are more simple. Yes, this definitely will help a lot to understand a specific of work faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I recommend it to you this software. As I know that it is great opportunity to make your online business work much better. Also, you can do with WooCommerce a modify and customize anything that you will need. This product will make your sales much productive.

We like that we have more big opportunity to create our online store. With this software, we are concentrating on our need more effective. We are like to use them as they change our job for the better. We are always working on top of the most famous content management system.

WooCommerce review by Ben O.
Ben O.

"Perfect for a small-medium sized business"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Woocommerce is that if it doesn't do something you want it do, there's likely an inexpensive plugin that will allow you to do it. For example, ship products based on weight or quantity, or have customers customise their orders in almost infinite ways whether it be by size, colour or even (with plugins) allowing customers to essentially create their own variations of your product - one example would be a "design your own t-shirt" plugin in which a user can upload whatever they wish and it will be sent to you in a t-shirt printable form. The functionality with plugins is endless.

What do you dislike?

The lack of initial features in the system can mean that you may end up purchasing several different plugins, which, while each relatively inexpensive (usually), the costs can add up - especially if some plugins require a subscription fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Woocommerce is free, consider exactly what you will need to sell online and see if Woocommerce has these features. If not, look on the like of Codecanyon for plugins and work out what the actual cost will be.

Marketing with Woocommerce is great - there's a number of ways you can automatically email users who may have left their basket without paying, or other forms of automated marketing. It connects easily with email systems like mailchimp for sign ups and for automated marketing too so it segments my users and sends them relative emails based on past purchases or browsing history. Something that was either imposssible or not feasible beforehand.

WooCommerce review by Rob W.
Rob W.

"WooCommerce is a top choice for eCommerce"

What do you like best?

I like that WooCommerce has a strong presence as an eCommerce solution. A big part of that success is due to its being part of the WordPress ecosystem of plugins.

What do you dislike?

I doubt that WooCommerce would succeed as a standalone eCommerce platform. Their customer support has been lacking in the past, though it is improving lately with the addition of live chat and faster turnaround times on email-based support tickets. Still, the core plugin code suffers from issues like rounding errors and not all of the ancillary plugins are worth the full cost renewals Automattic forced on its customers in 2017. Alternative plugins exist that are just as good at much less recurring cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to eCommerce, consider hiring a specialist to at least walk you through setup and administration before you "go it alone". For larger implementations, hire an agency that specializes in WooCommerce implementations or a full-time employee who has had experience with at least 3 or more medium to large sites. Definitely budget a few hundred dollars minimum each year for helper plugins that you'll find the need for along the way.

WooCommerce fits the bill for the majority of small-to-medium eCommerce shops when it comes to quickly enabling product creation and purchases. Braintree and Square plugins make it particularly easy to set up a merchant account and start taking orders within an hour or two. While WooCommerce does scale very well to millions of orders per week, big scaling requires really specialized knowledge of MySQL, web server settings, and high-performance hosting platforms to pull off.

WooCommerce review by Derek C.
Derek C.

"Amazing plugin. Possibilities are endless. "

What do you like best?

I use WooCommerce for a few of my stores. It’s not 100% user friendly, but it’s close. It has amazing features that shopify and bigcommerce charge more for. You can download multiple free plugins to use with WooCommerce or pay a one time fee for the paid plugins. Compare that to a monthly fee like shopify and bigcommerce and it’s perfect for anyone on a budget.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things I dislike. Sometime the settings are confusing or not easy to find how to change something, but for the most part it’s easy to use and has a lot of possibilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have lots of updates that keep it secure and easy to use with additional features, etc.

It’s great for stores who are on a budget. But can still be used for more advanced stores. I like starting out each of my online stores with WooCommerce and until another platform proves to be more beneficial for that store.

WooCommerce review by Monica R.
Monica R.

"E-commerce de facil uso"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce es muy fácil de instalar, configurar y usar. Es realmente amigable.Ademas, es rápido de aprender, incluso para usuarios de cualquier nivel de conocimientos web. Trae todo lo necesario, y ademas da reportes sencillos. No tiene altos requerimientos, y las plantillas son fáciles de editar para un programador junior. Y es ideal para negocios que vende unos pocos productos en su pagina web y tienen un presupuesto acotado.

What do you dislike?

Es muy básico, carece de funcionalidades avanzadas y para hacer un poco mas, hay que instalar módulos. Por ejemplo, para generar cupones de descuento, para gestionar transportistas, ventanas de despacho. Ademas la visual de la tienda es muy simple, y requiere pagar una plantilla premium o tener habilidades de programación web para poder hacer una mas atractiva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si en tu negocio, vas a vender unos pocos productos, y necesitas o quieres mantener otras cosas en tu pagina web, como por ejemplo un blog, ademas cuantas con un presupuesto limitado, Woocommerce es para ti. Pero si necesitas tener un E-commerce con todas las funcionalidades, mejor es implementar otra aplicación, como prestashop o magento.

Necesitábamos una tienda para ventas a empresas donde nuestros clientes no pudieran cotizar productos por volumen. Instalamos woocommerce y en solo un par de días ya estábamos recibiendo cotizaciones a través de la pagina web. Ademas, nuestro personal de ventas a empresas, aprendió a usarlo relativamente rápido, considerando que no tenían ningún conocimiento técnico previo. Woocommerce nos permite hacer, de forma básica, lo necesario para nuestro negocio.

WooCommerce review by Esteve V.
Esteve V.

"Simple and efffective"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce's key point is that it is so simple and easy to use that everybody can use it and integrate it in his/her website in order to manage the orders. I would say that WC makes e-businessess easier to manage because it doesn't require too much time, they warn you when someone makes an order so all you have to do is accept it. Also, it's easy to add new products, as well as discounts, make reports, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, I think it is a very good selling platform with no mistakes. Just to say something, I can say that it is specially useful for beginners, but if you're already a consolidated enterprise, you might need something more powerful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WooCommerce is easy to use, and allows you to have great results in few time. But I recommend it only if they are beggining the business or they don't have too many sales.

With WC we manage our orders. We créate our webpage with the store with Wordpress and WooCommerce and we are very happy with the result. With little effort we have great results.

WooCommerce review by Iñigo N.
Iñigo N.

"Very common and very powerfull"

What do you like best?

When I first started using WooCommerce I was relatively new to Wordpress. WooCommerce was a great choice because its so popular, that it was very easy to find online tutorials for almost everything (specially if you choose a bundle host-woocommerce). Now that I know how it works I still like it because its very powerful.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the range of templates. As a start-up our products have evolved a lot and so, our site has to change accordingly. If Woocommerce had more templates this process would've been a lot easier. I'm not saying the templates they offer are bad, but I would like to see more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My biggest recommendation for new users would be not to get discouraged if WooCommerce doesn't seem to be easy to use at first. If you are used to managing a wordpress site, then this will be quite easy. If you are new to it, it will take some time, but it's worth it! There are other solutions out there like Shopify that seem to be easier to use (and I guess they are), but I really don't think is that big of a deal if you think long term.

If you are setting up an online store or pretty much any type of online business, woocommerce is probably suited for you. I think the best improvement we've seen thanks to woocommerce is our SEO position. Other solutions don't have as many options as woocommerce has regarding SEO.

WooCommerce review by Ramón Giovanny C.
Ramón Giovanny C.

"The best store platform ever , intuitive and simple ."

What do you like best?

Its simplicity, intuitive, robust and well developed, is in my opinion a platform for your e-commerce is already above many, perfectly integrated with wordpress, as I always tell my students and clients, if you can write a simple article in wordpress, you can ride a product in WooCommerce, is simple and efficiently .

What do you dislike?

In many cases, the plugin presents instability, should include a plugin or automatic function to support various themes, and should improve the function to include sizes rather than separated by | one size should be separated by (,) or another special character that is more intuitive to the editor or administrator, also more should be done frendly the cross-selling .

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking to implement an e-commerce store, WooCommerce offers the most intuitive solution with better performance, much simpler than other platforms of its kind, ncludes a detailed log of what is happening on the server, sold who buys, who order a product, better integration with various platforms and payment gateways, excellent documentation, support and framework.

I have solved many projects shop, fast and efficiently, facilitate learning and autonomy to my clients and students in the area, I always recommend WooCommerce both customers with time in the area as entrepreneurs, for its easy learning curve, its robust performance and intuitive way to assemble a product, as well as its integration with multiple platforms.

WooCommerce review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Most affordable way to open your own online shop"

What do you like best?

I like that it's super easy to setup, comes with a couple free themes that are nice looking, and they don't charge anything to use the basic, necessary features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they don't have more free themes because the paid ones are extremely pricey. Also, the calculated shipping feature they have built in doesn't always pull accurate shipping costs and won't let you customize it on other shipping methods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it. If you have a host and a domain, it's a no brainer. Sign up for Wordpress and immediately install WooCommerce. Please remember to find a good them that is compatible with WooCommerce as it is not the same as standard wordpress layouts. They are a few free ones out there but it's worth paying a little for a professionally designed them. It will still cost less than a monthly subscription service and whatever features you don't find on the platform, you can easily fix by installing one of millions of free plugins on the wordpress marketplace.

I'm able to list my items and display them in beautiful fashion. The site runs smoothly and the best part of all, I'm not paying monthly fees like you would with other eCommerce solutions. If you have a domain and a host, just sign up for WordPress and install woo-commerce today.

WooCommerce review by Terry P.
Terry P.

"Excellent tool, if you want a tool with features, and not a super-simple plug-and-play option"

What do you like best?

There's basically no scenario, from running 5 e-commerce stores with varying levels of complexity in the products, that I haven't been able to successfully execute with Woocommerce (plus a handful of Woocommerce extensions of course). It's possible to set-up a fully functional store at no cost, though most will probably want at least a few plug-ins/extensions to make things sing and dance.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of work to get Woocommerce's own themes to look any bit all like they do in the previews they provide. Newer plug-ins generally aren't tested extremely well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like digging into features to figure out how things work and how to tweak settings, you'll enjoy Woocommerce. If you want a simple plug-and-play solution, and don't know that you necessarily need deep options, there are simpler, hosted products available. I don't do code, but lightly learned PHP due to using Woocommerce. For most users that wouldn't be necessary, but a few times it saved me from having to hire a programmer to make specific changes that weren't native options in Woocommerce.

Our first use of Woocommerce was building an ecommerce site for our monogram jewelry line. Lots of options from the initials for the jewely, 60+ color and pattern options, chain length options, etc. Woocommerce was able to handle all the tiered levels of variations right out of the box. All other options we found would have required custom coding or advanced upgrades to achieve those options at that time.

WooCommerce review by Twin A.
Twin A.

"WooCommerce delivers a powerful shop for beginners and experts alike"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce has many powerful features out-of-the-box with an attractive price tag, free! Set up your shop easily just by installing the plugin and the user-friendly screens allow for simple customization.

What do you dislike?

Customer account and purchase email templates are somewhat difficult customize unless you have experience with PHP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn basic HTML, some CSS, and get acquainted with the WooCommerce plugins that are available on Wordpress. Do a case study of other e-commerce engines. Decide if you are going to focus on simply e-commerce or are going to have other content available on your website. We have found that if you are developing a website to include content, a store, memberships, subscriptions, etc. that WooCommerce is the most cost-effective option if you are willing to accept some limitations. Some features may not appear to be as "professional" as other more customizable online software, but are straightforward enough to get the ball rolling. Let's face it, if you are considering running an online store and are a new business, unless you have some type of large capital infusion, you need to start simple and not pay a lot of out-of-pocket expense just to run an online store. This is where WooCommerce really hits the mark! Generate enough capital through a fundamental e-commerce store and then move on to something more sophisticated (that's if you want to at that point!).

Strengthening our online website to be integrated with e-commerce to drive sales online. We have been generating sales on the web in addition to direct-relationship marketing.

WooCommerce review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Customer Service is Lacking"

What do you like best?

That the basic platform is free. It was fairly easy to install especially since this is not my forte. They offer a free theme that you can marginally customize for your storefront.

What do you dislike?

I am using the WC theme and products yet my website doesn't necessarily work correctly. I keep getting bounced back and forth between WooCommerce and GoDaddy and not really getting my problem solved. WooCommerce demands certain standards for their system status and GoDaddy says they aren't able to meet those standards. After spending several days being bounced back and forth with no real answers from either party, I simply gave up. If I can't solve the settings issue on my own, I make look for another ecommerce provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this is basically free, you need to be aware that the WC Facebook plugin (from the WC site!) does not work. Also, the shipping plugins are expensive and only good for one year. Any savings you may realize by using WC plugins is automatically offset by the price of the plugin.

Having an e-commerce site. I'm able to take credit cards and ship from my site without a huge expense.

WooCommerce review by Amy G.
Amy G.

"wonderful plug in for wordpress sites"

What do you like best?

i love how easy this is to add to our wordpress site and that is allows for easy integration with shipstation and amazon pay. this is a wonderful addition to our website. i also love that i don't have to collect credit card information, i can just integrate amazon pay and paypal instead. creates less liability for me and my business while still allowing consumers to purchase online securely.

What do you dislike?

I always get an error message that shipstation can't email the order confirmation. Haven't been able to figure out how to fix this problem. I also have not found a solution to this problem via their support channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very easy to install and use. love how they give step-by-step directions and offer "what does this mean" explanations about each input area. Every question is answered and they give examples on how to best fill out each section. Plus I love the sandbox version so you can test your configuration before it goes live. I am not a computer person nor do i know code, but i found this product to be easy to use and pretty self explanatory. Owning a small business owners need to be a Jack of all trades, so WooCommerce makes this easy for me.

allow us to securely sell our products on our website. I don't have to collect and secure credit card information which is a huge laibilty we don't have to deal with anymore.

WooCommerce review by Varun C.
Varun C.

"WooCommerce - Powerful yet simple"

What do you like best?

I've been woocommerce for e-commerce stores for a long time now. I'm taken over by the customization part. Woocommerce is very much easy to customize and very easy to use, as well. Also, the security and performance of the platform is over whelming.

What do you dislike?

Costly Extensions is the thing I dislike the most. Although, there are free extension, the premium extensions cost almost the same amount as a premium theme costs. Similarly, there are free themes one can install but it has it's own limitations. As a current user of WooCommerce, I've setup several stores. But most of the times, the clients have to pay some money to purchase a theme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend WooCommerce for every small business owners who's taking their Business Online and to E-Commerce startups. It's more than just a E-Commerce website. It can be customized. It can be integrated in a website. It also has the required Analytics module.

I used woocommerce to build an online store for my clients and help them increase their sales. We chose WooCommerce over other alternatives because of the heavy customization features and also because it was very simple and easy to use.

WooCommerce review by Wyatt H.
Wyatt H.

"Better than Shopify"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and install with Wordpress/WooCommerce compatible themes

Scalable - Works with small to large businesses

Free and Affordable plugins available

No monthly fees like Shopify

Integrates with almost every other software via a plugin

What do you dislike?

This is very little that I dislike about WooCommerce. The only thing that I can think of is that the backend order management could use a facelift and be more appealing/user-friendly for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are debating between WooCommerce and Shopify, I highly recommend WooCommerce. Shopify charges for every feature, including transaction fees! You want as little transaction fees as possible when operating your business. WooCommerce is very customizable and has the ability to grow with your business. You can also find a plugin to work with all your other business software such as your CRM, accounting software, email marketing software, etc.

My business wouldn't exist without the WooCommerce shopping cart system. It is extremely simple and affordable.

WooCommerce review by User

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

The output that it gives you. What I want to say is that despite all the difficulty in usage that it may have, it allows you to easily create a selling platform inside your webpage. It is extremely customisable and very useful, specially for small enterprises with few resources.

What do you dislike?

It is kinda difficult to use it. It is not as complicated as it may seem but it is not easy either. You need time and to read carefully the guides, so you have to spend some amount of time there. But the result is worth the effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a little bit of time, WooCommerce can become a powerful tool. Totally recommended

WooCommerce has become our selling platform, it is easily integrated with Wordpress (that we use to create the webpage) and it is very useful. It warns you when somebody buys so you don't skip any.

WooCommerce review by Max J. J.
Max J. J.

"Great For Beginners And Starters"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about Woocommerce is its ease-of-use and ability to be built out by the novice user. As a developer, I know that when I turn a website over to my client that they will be able to update any product easily. If my client wants to change the product title, description, pricing or other options, I know they can do it themselves without having to call and submit a change order.

What do you dislike?

One of my primary dislikes for Woocommerce is also one of my likes. Don't get me wrong this platform is excellent for beginners and do-it-yourselfers however it lacks some functionality that you get through other platforms like Magento. It seems with Woocommerce there is always a plug-in that has to be installed to get the system to do what you want whereas with magenta how a lot of these features are already built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you know the client that you are creating an e-commerce website for. If you're looking for a smaller store with a handful of items, this is the way to go. However, if you're looking for something a little bit more robust with additional features I would recommend investigating Magento. Please don't get me wrong WooCommerce is a terrific product but is not for everyone.

From a developer standpoint, WooCommerce has allowed our company to take on smaller jobs where perhaps a more expensive e-commerce system would have been just outside the budget for the client. It has also helped us identify which clients are serious about e-commerce and which ones are not. In many cases, I have started my clients off with an e-commerce site built through Woocommerce to see if they are serious about becoming true e-commerce professionals. So instead of creating a Magento system only to find out that my customer is not shipping their orders or applying to customers I can start them off with will commerce and see work goes from there.

WooCommerce review by Valerie A. W.
Valerie A. W.

"Most Flexible, Extendable E-commerce Solution for WordPress"

What do you like best?

Easiest e-commerce solution I've ever used to set up and sell different types of products. I regularly develop with WordPress and Woo Commerce is a natural fit. I've worked with platforms like Shopify and looked at other "carts" for WordPress but WooCommerce gives you complete control of your store and is extendable via plugins.

What do you dislike?

Some of the official WooCommerce and premium plug-ins are quite expensive. I've learned to be more thorough in vetting projects before I quote a WP site project. I looked at a third-party last week for auto ship functionality that was $500. For that kind of fee, I have to raise my quote or advise the client to buy it outright. Thankfully lite versions of many plugins are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's important to do a thorough needs assessment before implementing Woo Commerce. Explore everything from the number of products to shipping, billing and payment options. If you need an enterprise level solution, Woo Commerce will likely suffice but may take some time to set up if you have many products or need advanced ordering or shipping options. Features not included in WC core may require premium plugins or custom development.

I use Woo Commerce for my own site (selling virtual service packages) and for several clients – from luxury handbags to urban clothing. The out of pocket cost is low. Woo Commerce connects to PayPal and Stripe (both free). The only real cost to use it without configuring extra plugins is the time spent putting in products and descriptions.

WooCommerce review by Leah M.
Leah M.

"Incredibly easy online shopping system"

What do you like best?

The ease with which setting up woocommerce on my website was amazing. I was able to set up my entire shop in a day without any help or frustration!

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there was a built-in way to connect woocommerce to my email delivery system so that I could followup with clients faster. Having to use a 3rd party system to do this is tedious and costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't begin to describe how much using WooCommerce changed my business! I was previously manually creating pages for each of my products, which was time-consuming, tedious, and not efficient at all. I also had to create multiple systems for delivering products to customers, which WooCommerce has easily taken care of for me! I no longer have to worry about my customers finding their products, being concerned that they might have been sent to their spam folders, or not delivering in a timely fashion. WooCommerce is working for me 24/7/365, allowing me to easily and quickly make money in my business no matter what time of day or night. If you are looking for efficiency in your business, I can't recommend WooCommerce enough.

It is now incredibly easy to deliver virtual products to my consumers. I can update pricing in an instant, make coupons easily for special customers and situations, add new products quickly and efficiently, and always trust that it will look great on my website on a computer or mobile view.

WooCommerce review by yogesh s.
yogesh s.

"Best eCommerce Platform for Startups and Small Businesses "

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is one of the best eCommerce solutions if you're a startup or small business. Everything is sorted out and very easy to use in WooCommerce. You don't have to install it manually, just search for WooCommerce under WordPress and install it directly.

You can run woocommerce on a shared server, you don't need any high cost or high configuration server to run woocommerce. WooCommerce is highly customizable, you can customize it as per your needs very easily if you have knowledge of PHP/MySQL. There are a lot of paid themes and plugins available online of WooCommerce, so you can easily complete your custom needs with the help of these.

Report section is pretty good, shipping options, checkout system, pre-installed payment gateways, filter section under product listing page, product detail page everything is so great in WooCommerce.

The best part is there are a lot of help forum, communities, video tutorials available online in case if you need help or want to learn. Another best part is you will get WooCommerce developers at the cheapest rate in comparison to other eCommerce solution and there are lots of developers available online.

WooCommerce is one of the best solution ever for eCommerce I come across, so just use it once and you will love it for sure.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about WooCommerce, only one thing to be to take care that WooCommerce plugin version should be matched with external plugins in case if you're using external plugins for WooCommerce.

Rest everything is so perfect in WooCommerce that there's nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a startup or having a small business or you're a web development agency who wants to start developing eCommerce stores, WooCommerce is just for you.

Start using it and you'll like it. Everything is so perfect in it, the admin interface is very user-friendly and lots of video tutorials available online.

Use it and you will love it.

We're an eCommerce consultancy firm, we provide a to z solution to our customers related to eCommerce. Maximum of our customers are either startups or small businesses, and WooCommerce is the perfect solution for them.

Our customers love this platform so do we, because this is highly customizable and because of freely available plugins online for your all custom needs, also there are a lot of beautiful paid themes available online at very cheap price.

We're highly satisfied and happy with WooCommerce.

WooCommerce review by James S.
James S.

"Best eCommerce solution ever"

What do you like best?

There is a long list, First and foremost it's free and very easy to install and use. Very simple and user friendly admin interface. Highly customizable, reports section is pretty good, cart system, shipping options, pre-installed payment gateways everything is so good in WooCommerce. Every page is beautifully predesigned whether it's home page, category page (product listing), product detail page, shopping cart, checkout system, everything is well managed and well designed. There are a lot of free and paid themes available online, so anyone can change the look and feel as per their own way.

Another best part, wordpress has the largest community of developers and one can get almost all the required woocommerce plugins in free and can fulfill their custom requirements. There are a lot of online forums, blogs, video tutorials for woocommerce help and learning, so anyone can easily learn it or can solve their problem.

Woocommerce is the best ecommerce platform for startups and small businesses, if you've not tried it yet, just go for it and you will love it.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much I dislike about woocommerce, still category (product listing) page design could be little better, advanced filtering plugin could be pre installed and custom reporting need some improvement.

Still these features you can use it via paid themes available online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business owner or start up, just go for it instead of using any paid solution. It's very easy to use, highly customizable and you will almost all the plugins in free for your custom requirements. Also lots of beautifully designed paid themes available online, so you can change the design and looks anytime at very cheap rate.

We're a website development agency, specialized in eCommerce solutions. We use woocommerce as our primary eCommerce platform for our clients and our clients are very happy by this platform, it's very easy to use and highly customizable. We design eCommerce store within few days with WooCommerce and deliver it before time.

Use it, love it

WooCommerce review by Edmund Dantés H.
Edmund Dantés H.

"WooCommerce is Key Component of 1-Day WP Workshop Website and Training Class"

What do you like best?

What I like and what others who I train to use WooCommerce like is that it mirrors the same experience of an offline retail store when setup properly. For instance, many people use WooCommerce to sell physical goods, such as apparel items like T-Shirt, Hoodies and more. However, you can also sell services as long as you have a visually attractive mockup of the service with an attached description that tells the buyer exactly what they are getting.

What do you dislike?

The checkout process is way too complicated and should be shortened by default. For instance, a buyer sees your product and then they "Add to Cart." In default, they have to view the cart before they can go to "Checkout" unless they change the setting so that when they click "Add to Cart" they go directly to the cart and bypass the "view cart" step. This is an unnecessary step and should be eliminated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend WooCommerce to everyone who is considering an E-commerce WordPress website or blog. Nothing else comes close as far as a plugin that does everything WooCommerce does.

I sell a service, which is a training class, which teaches people to setup an E-commerce WordPress website or blog on Google Cloud Platform in just 8-hours. For me it would be crazy if I did not have an E-commerce solution like WooCommerce live so people can see I practice what I preach. Most all of my E-commerce websites run WooCommerce.

WooCommerce review by Joe L.
Joe L.

"Best of both worlds"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce excels at bridging the gap of being both easy to get started using and being extensible enough to continue using if/when you need more intricate customizations. There's a lot of ways you can go with WooCommerce in terms of developer involvement. From no developers to a full-blown engineering department. For startups, this ability to have a fast start and continue to iteratively improve is absolutely key.

What do you dislike?

While WooCommerce is quite good, being built on WordPress opens it up to a lot of negatives - namely performance and security issues. Sure, these can be navigated around fairly easily. And with our own engineering team on-hand, it's never caused us any serious downtime or issues, but it is something to note. That said, with the major improvements to PHP coming in the past few years, I'd really hope WordPress can also vastly improve their ecosystem. I do feel that they're moving in the right direction, but currently it is a concern.

We use it for our basic e-commerce needs - payment process integrations, checkout, cart, order management, etc. The main benefit was ease of getting started. It does have quite a few plugins to expand functionality.

WooCommerce review by Danielle M.
Danielle M.

"All encompassing platform"

What do you like best?

Woocommmerce is a simple streamlined form of creating an ecommerce section for any site. I love that all my products are in one section, that I have the option to do quick edits, and am able to upload multiple pictures to one product. I use hostgator for hosting, and it helps eliminate issues that I have with hostgators steep learning curve. I am easily able to create product sections, making it easier for my customers to find the products they are looking for. Overall it is the best ecommerce platform I've used in a long time.

What do you dislike?

Fused with hostgator, the learning curve becomes extremely steep if you're use to drag and drop website builders. The shipping cost options are horrendous. There needs to be a way to make this easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your aim is growth and a professional looking estore, then ecommerce is the way to go. It offers flexibility as well as a clean professional look.

There is a more professional look with woocommerce. It feels more like a huge company rather than a small business. I love that it comes with a short description section as well as a long description.

WooCommerce review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Big shops or small shops, WooCommerce is perfect almost everyone"

What do you like best?

I began using WooCommerce 4 years ago because of its broad extension selection. I was building a WordPress MultiSite business in the restaurant space and needed a flexible and scalable ecommerce solution. It fit the bill perfectly and I've used it on dozens of other websites since them, from big to small and even on mobile with AppPresser. It's well-thought out and battle-tested in both security and in user experience.

What do you dislike?

I've found that if your server has enough horsepower and speed, you can build very large stores that can serve thousands of concurrent users. But if you have a lot of SKUs - and I mean a LOT, like tens of thousands - you might do better with another platform, like Magento or a custom solution. I also don't like that every extension for everything costs so much now. It's gotten to the point where I have to add a grand or so for plugins to the budget and explain to your customer that he's not paying that money to ME every year. I don't mind paying for plugins and I think plugin developers should be paid, but some of the prices have gone insane.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a casual WordPress user, learning WooCommerce can be a little daunting and you might. But if you're a developer, I recommend you learning this over any other PHP-based ecommerce solution.

I'm creating world-class ecommerce sites in less than half the time I used to. As I mentioned earlier, I've even used it in apps. A client came to me with a shopping app they wanted to create that would only have a few SKUs, but that needed to scale and load fast. I built a hybrid app with AppPresser with WooCommerce as the shopping cart. I was able to create apps for both Android and iOS simultaneously and no one would ever know it wasn't custom code.

WooCommerce review by Maddy O.
Maddy O.

"The best ecommerce solution for WP nerds"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce's software addresses basically everything you can imagine with their freemium product. If basic functionality is all you need, you probably wont' have to spend any money to setup a store. For advanced features, you'll have to buy some extensions, but they're fairly reasonable if you just need a few.

What do you dislike?

Using a third party integration (like Printful) can cause some confusing problems that are not easy to fix, because everyone's WordPress installations are different. So even if someone has solved the issue for themselves, it doesn't mean the fix will be as simple for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sound in your knowledge of WordPress before attempting to implement Woocommerce. Follow along with a book or online tutorial so you know how to affect things like shipping, sales, products, inventory management, and more.

I use Woocommerce for my ecommerce tank top store. I have a web development background and didn't want to pay $50/mo for Shopify when I'm perfectly capable of doing the backend work myself! With that in mind, it's best for someone who either has the budget for a developer, or the existing web design/development background to DIY. It is NOT the perfect solution for someone who's a beginner.

WooCommerce review by Hope M.
Hope M.

"Woo Commerce review"

What do you like best?

I love how it integrates with Wordpress so easily and how it looks on my website. I like that since it is established you can find information easily online. I enjoy using Printful for clothing so it's nice that it integrates to well with Woo Commerce

What do you dislike?

It has a lot of missing features compared to some of it's competitors like Shopify. I think it is a great option for clothing but other services or products make it more challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy way to sell things on your website without an overhead subscription, this is a great option! It's great how it easily syncs with Printful

I am able to sell clothing online on my site with woocommerce in an easy way. I have realized that it's nice to not have to pay an extra fee and if you really already know WordPress, this is a natural integration.

WooCommerce review by Alejandro J.
Alejandro J.

"El mejor plugin del mercado"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce permite a cualquier usuario convertir un sitio web básico en una plataforma e-commerce capaz de funcionar de manera totalmente independiente. Gracias a ello seremos capaces de iniciar nuestro negocio, convertir ventas, y analizar resultados y gestionar la facturación de nuestro negocio en una única plataforma. Es un plugin gratuito, personalizable e indispensable que, además, permite la gestión de envíos de productos tanto físicos como virtuales. Por si fuera poco, seremos capaces de añadir múltiples addons o funcionalidades extras a nuestro negocio totalmente adaptadas a WooCommerce.

What do you dislike?

¿Sinceramente? Hay poco que criticar a este plugin. Es gratuito y, para la inmensa cantidad de funcionalidades que tiene, no podemos exigir más. Un detalle a mejorar sería la implementación en negocios de dropshipping sin necesidad de añadir nuevos plugins. Cuantos más plugins tengamos instalados en nuestra web Wordpress más vulnerable será éste de cara a hackers o atacantes y, cuando se trata de datos personales y transacciones online, la seguridad es el punto más importante tanto para el vendedor como el cliente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and start grow your business. It's a must!

Rompemos la barrera inicial de costes que supone montar un nuevo negocio. Gracias a Wordpress y WooCommerce podemos establecer nuestra tienda virtual en cuestión de horas totalmente operativa, con infinitud de productos, tanto simples como variables o incluso virtuales; pudiendo configurar además los métodos de pago, de envío y los emails automáticos que recibirán nuestros clientes en cada fase del proceso de venta. ¡Increíble!

WooCommerce review by Ady C.
Ady C.

"Best platform for startups and small business owners"

What do you like best?

Almost everything is nice in WooCommerce! It comes with all the preloaded features of the cart, filter page, product description page, checkout process, multiple shipping & payment options. Installation is very easy and every server has the automatic WordPress installer so if someone doesn't have the knowledge to install, he can directly install from the server.

The best part is free plugins, Wordpress has free plugins almost all of your requirements. Wordpress has so many support forums and blogs, so if in case you need help there are a lot of communities to help you out.

If you are a startup or small business, WooCommerce is the best solution for you. Even if you need an expert, there are a lot of experts in the market at a very cheaper price.

Just go for it!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike in WooCommerce. Though filter (category/product list) page and product description page UI could be better. That's the only room of improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it! If you get any difficulty, there are a lot of video tutorials and help forums out there. You can also hire experts at a very cheaper price, because WooCommerce is very reknown and most used eCommerce platform worldwide.

We are into eCommerce solutions and develop eCommerce store for our clients. So we use it regularly, we use premade themes or purchased themes in building up the eCommerce store. WooCommerce has so many themes online, so you can cater any requirement of your client, whether design wise or functionality wise.

It's very easy for us to design beautiful eCommerce storefront with all the required functionality using WooCommerce.

WooCommerce review by Logan G.
Logan G.

"WooCommerce Review"

What do you like best?

I love the complete ability to customize the look and feel of every aspect to your online store. We were able to really customize how our online store looked with ease. This enables a unified experience to customers regardless if they see us on social media, our website, or at one of our festivals!

What do you dislike?

It took a while to find payment portals that I was really happy with in terms of their function and aesthetics. After some trial and error, however, we landed on two options that meet all our needs and have had zero issues since!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn everything about the software before launching your sight. Test every feature before making your store available to the public. Run monthly site maintenance to ensure complete functionality.

WooCommerce has solved all of our business issues. We run our entire business with ease via WooCommerce. Everything from purchasing to shipping, WooCommerce makes running an online store easy!

WooCommerce review by Gabriel V.
Gabriel V.

"My Favorite eCommerce platform to use"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce is one of the best eCommerce systems available that is scalable, easy to use, loads of premium plugins and offers a great eCommerce shopping experience for customers to use. You have options to sell digital products, physical products, memberships, even use woocommerce to create a platform to sell affiliate products. I have used this system to create a multi-million dollar store which later on went to be on Sharktank and even handled the traffic well that Sharktank threw at it.

What do you dislike?

The platform can need to be updated frequently due to updates which can be a task to update while still making sure your current website does not break during the update. Other than the updates the system works really well with many features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very easy to use the system as well easy to train clients how to use themselves. Highly recommend

I am providing clients with this eCommerce platform over others due to the variety of features we can provide for our clients. We have created membership sites that sell content, we have created sites that only sell digital goods and of course we have created sites that sell physical products that get shipped out. We have just about created platforms that are almost autonomous in how they work well allowing our business owners to grow their business.

WooCommerce review by Kingsley I.
Kingsley I.

"Best Ecommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce is the easiest to ecommerce platform. using the simplicity of wordpress. It has a very easy learning curve. you can set up your own shop in no time. It has loads and loads of plugins and extensions. it can be linked to payment platforms like paypal. It also integrates easily with other app like mailchimp.

The installation is quite straightforward and just like any wordpress plugin, you have a huge community where you can share ideas get free plugins and extension and even find solution to any problem you might encounter

The dummy content that comes with woocommerce during installation is very useful in one setting up their own store in no time.

What do you dislike?

Like every other free plugins, some much more required functions are reserved for the paid versions or rather plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you considering a simplified and easy to start and operate ecommerce platform, them the best way to go is woocommerce and you can never be wrong.

Whether you want to offer goods, services or both. You will find woocommerce useful.

Woocommerce is a low cost solution which you could start without any payment. The basic features that comes with woocommerce during installation is good enough to help you successfully run your own store.

The woocommerce has been so helpful in setting up our online shop, we also used it to as a platform for our paid events, membership and contents.

It is also helpful in our managing inventory

WooCommerce review by Daniel Ajay A.
Daniel Ajay A.

"Really great online experience using the WooCommerce"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce is really a great thing and i would suggest that if your are starting a store with the option of online selling then woocommerce is the best thing i would suggest. The major things i would really appreciate this is they are simple and easily editable option available for a common person without the technical knowledge can also use the woocommerce. The main reason is they are error free and neatly arranged cms. The impressive thing is they are using wordpress as their main platform . This is a world which revolves under a small plugin. So it doesn't matter is your a huge cms or small, It matters does reach the use for the customer in ease way, So from a Customer and developer point of view woocommerce does it job at the best. I would recommend using woocommerce for a startup and people who are starting their store with a very low budget as well as a huge budget. If you know to use WordPress to the fullest you are a king in using the woocommerce. This helped many entrepreneurs and will help for always.

What do you dislike?

They can add few functionalities additionally like geo-location tracking and more options on the product display.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kudos to the team. Please concentrate on the various product display options.

It is useful for building a entire E-commerce website without knowing the technical part behind it.

This is more easier than any other cms.

It needs only the basic understanding of wordpress.

WooCommerce review by Rick R.
Rick R.

"best software to use when setting up online shop"

What do you like best?

I like woocommerce because it is very easy to set up. I had my first online shopping website and I have installed woocommerce on it, and it is now generating lots of sales knowing that I'm a newbie in website creation. Woocommerce also offers the most used method of payment online which is paypal.

Also there's a lot of wordpress themes compatible with it which makes my life easier!

What do you dislike?

It was stated on the manual that bitcoin is available as a payment method, it is also showing up when setting it up, but users cant really use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are planning to create an online shop, use woocommerce, it is very easy to set up.

I am using it for my own online shop

WooCommerce review by Eugene D.
Eugene D.

"Most customizable program "

What do you like best?

Gives me complete control over your store, from tax calculations and stock levels to managing user accounts. Also I can do add and remove extensions, change the aspect and change the settings as I like. It's all what i can do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really serious. as for me its great software platform for my company. So i don't have bad points to tell about.I like it so much just gives me a desire to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That product powerful and secure core, you can scope your customers' electrical stores from the ground level.I like to use it and i will recommend to you.

For sure helps me, it gives me a free way of creating my own store and has loads of great functionality right out of the case. So useful and understanding.

WooCommerce review by Cindy C.
Cindy C.

"Great Ecommerce Solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of integration with WordPress. Ability to keep track of inventory or connect with print fulfillment companies. I also like the dashboard that keeps track of recent sales and data.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve. If you are not familiar with WordPress you may need someone to set it up for you and walk through things with you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the tutorials on the WooCommerce site. If you follow them step by step you will be able to easily integrate WooCommerce into your WordPress site. If you are uncomfortable with working in the back end of WordPress you may want to hire someone to initially set it up for you.

I have used it for both my websites and clients to get products online to increase sales. It also offers great ways to integrate social media via sharing product pages.

WooCommerce review by Tim V.
Tim V.

"Inexpensive E-commerce Solution that is simple to use, with numerous extensions and plugins"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is very customizable. Change, or add, css code for the ability to make your e-store look like your website template, compared to Square store and some other "offsite" products. WooCommerce allows you to have everything in-house. And, if you need a specific add-on, (custom features like: additional fields, payment portals, specific data field management), there is likely a plugin for that. You only have to add on the features you need.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is frustrating that every single plugin is an additional purchase. (WooCommerce basic set up is free, so while this is quite fair, clients sometimes don't agree!) There is a bit of a learning curve, especially when setting up custom solutions for a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some homework first, and see if this is the best solution for you. Some colleagues of mine want a more turn-key solution. WooCommerce takes some time to set up, but once it is up and running, it works tremendously. The customization, the plugins, and the ability to house and download your reports make it a great ecommerce solution.

I recommend Woocommerce to my clients that need an online ecommerce solution. For two non-profit clients in particular, we were able to bring their event registration completely in house. This saved both money (in service charge fees, as they were able to charge those fees themselves to recoup costs, rather than pay someone else) and time generating reports (since all data is housed within the Wordpress site).

WooCommerce review by David G.
David G.

"Simplest ecommerce plugin out there"

What do you like best?

I try a lot of ecommerce plugins but for me this one its the most simple and useful one. Maybe others can be more powerful but are not friendly as this one. I learn to use it very fast , its simple but it works.

Highly reccomended.

What do you dislike?

The price of his themes / plugins could be lower. Also it could implement some extra features that other competitors have it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something simple to setup and work with it this its your ecommerce solution.

With it we could have an online shop. Well al the benefits that an ecommerce can bring it to the table.

WooCommerce review by Sandeep K.
Sandeep K.

"Simple(but includes most of features), Free, powerful tool for web-sotore"

What do you like best?

First and best thing is its very simple to use and configure.

Secondly its open-source (free for commercial use).

It looks small but we can include lots of functionality by using sub plugins for woocommerce like sms gateway integration and lot more without going into code.

Lastly, Its part of wordpress so it gives us power of wordpress SEO and blogs within site.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far for a simple web-store, but if you have huge customer base / visitors on your store you will need to move to some other platform or a good server infrastructure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes for initial e-commerce stores and small/mid-level e-commerce websites. Does not recommend to enterprise level stores.

Created a e-commerce web store using woo-commerce. Also providing sms notification to woocommerce plugin.

WooCommerce review by Francis R.
Francis R.

"Complete package with great customization options"

What do you like best?

Product options can easily be applied and there is also ways to keep your product list up to date with a spreadsheet from your vendor. We can completely customize the whole experience to suit your business needs. The WC integration options and capabilities allow you to build a rich online sales solution.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but it's worth it for the most part and can improve in some areas. Be aware of the theme that you use and how it is updated when the over WC software is updated. Many themes do not work well after some updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WC is a many-featured online shopping platform. You can easily learn basics actions and the and then move into custom templates, designs and other settings. We can provide e-commerce needs for others by building shopping carts they can manage on their own.

Be sure to do some research to make sure that it will handle all the customizing you want. WooCommerce can be pretty easy to use for those who don't know too much about CMS and online shopping platforms.

WooCommerce review by Horacio O.
Horacio O.

"Great and powerful but simple."

What do you like best?

Ability to control all my steps at work. To manage customers contacts, tax account. Good that I can change all installs which I need. A good way to add and delete extension. Makes my work done.

What do you dislike?

We are working with a great software. We are sure that on our hands are powerful tools which doing their work. Great service support. Always ready to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know for sure. That this software will make your store work very fast. All of your favorite things will be around you. Definitely will recommend it to everyone.

Big opportunity to work more deep and effective. We can work on building our store. Very good tools. We are like to use them as they change our job for the better.

WooCommerce review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Wordpress fanatics can rejoice over the tight integration"

What do you like best?

Tightly integrated with Wordpress for a seamless experience. Lots of product listing features and options on how to display products on the site and in the cart.

What do you dislike?

Any advanced payments or shipping requires additional modules and carries additional costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your experience and comfort are Wordpress-centric this is a no-brainer decision. If you have an existing Wordpress site, this is also a no-brainer decision. If you are starting from scratch and have no preference to Wordpress, look closely at the features of each platform.

Present an easy to use and manage interface to admin users while presenting a modern and mobile compatible cart to the end user.

WooCommerce review by KEHINDE A.
KEHINDE A.

"Looking for eCommerce Software?"

What do you like best?

Everything you needed to own an eCommerce website is included in just one place. It is easy to customize and readily available to use at anytime. And, it's FREE!

What do you dislike?

As good as woocommerce is, woocommerce additional plugins like Multi-vendors, are too expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple ecommerce solution for your business without going through a lot of trouble, woocommerce is the best for you because it is easy to install and easy to manage.The Security is fine and every other things like shipping set up, payment integration etc. are all in good standing. Please give it a try.

I use it for Payment gateways because many payment gateways already have plugin built for it.

I use it as ecommerce solutions for WordPress.

WooCommerce review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Near-Perfect Ecommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

It works amazingly with WordPress. It takes the hassle out of keeping track of products. I love that you can create different variations for the same product, and the ability to duplicate products has saved me so much time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I cannot customize each products page- in the aspect of design. This is the only complaint I have. It may only be because I am using WooCommerce in conjunction to Wordpress, but it has caused me frustration when I did not realize that WooCommerce limits that ability to customize. Also, there may be a slight learning curve due to the number of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since woocommerce is such a widely used platform, you will have no trouble finding tutorials and help if you happen to get stuck. This is a tested and established brand- so you honestly cannot go wrong.

I have been able to create well over 100 products and increased my rate of productivity.

WooCommerce review by Raul G.
Raul G.

"Tu e-commerce más online que nunca"

What do you like best?

Woocommerce ofrece infinidad de posibilidades para la venta online. Es muy escalable, estable, y su comunicación interna con otros módulos de wordpress es excelente, ofreciendo una experiencia sin límites tanto para el administrador como para el cliente

What do you dislike?

El software básico, pese a ser de los más completos, carece de ciertas funcionalidades que deben ser implementadas mediante módulos adicionales

Recommendations to others considering the product

Woocommerce es un entorno de comercio electrónico excelente para comenzar a desarrollar tu negocio digital. De una manera fácil, rápida y con muchas posibilidades de evolución.

Woocommerce ayudará a cualquier empresa a implementar el comercio electrónico de una manera sencilla, rápida y a un bajo costo.

WooCommerce review by Aaron N.
Aaron N.

"WooCommerce is essential for E-commerce Startups"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that WooCommerce works so well for startups who are building their businesses on Wordpress. plugins that build a whole suite with WooCommerce are awesome!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not quite as customizable as we'd need. We're making it work and I'm sure it would work better if we knew more coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on the plug ins. Find a developer that is active and responsive. A lot of the plugins were made by people who needed a specific need solved. And then don't support it any more.

We're currently undergoing a major redesign for our business and its the first time that we'll be using WooCommerce. But so far it looks like it's everything we need!

WooCommerce review by User in Internet

"Best ever plugin of WordPress for smaller business"

What do you like best?

There are many features that makes WooCommerce best compared to other free CMS such as Its free and very easy to install.It takes less then 5 minutes if you have knowledge of developing or if you are a shop owner then also you can install it using videos and start selling online.

Best features of Woocommerce :

1. Free : Its completely free and easy to install also.

2.Professional and Easy Customizable : Its also easy to customize even if you are a shop owner.

3.Security : As i described earlier, its a professional so it also provide best security.So its better to develop site in WooCommerce instead of developing site with new developer.

4. It provide inbuilt analytics so shop owner can get idea about the profit or loss.

What do you dislike?

For small business, its best plugin of WordPress but still there is few things that i don't like in WooCommerce.

1. Frequently provide updates : I see since last few months, i am getting frequent updates of WooCommerce so and after upgrade WooCommerce, mostly see 'Outdated copies of WooCommerce' templates if any templates used in theme.

2.For larger business : No more customization possible without paid plugin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommand to all the store owner or the people who start with smaller business can install WooCommerce easily and start selling products online.

My friend has IT Company so mostly they are asking me to use WooCommerce for selling online product.

WooCommerce review by Janet C.
Janet C.

"With a little work, very customizable"

What do you like best?

I love that you can do just about anything you need to do. Have a need or a problem? It is most likely a feature or there is a plugin that will do the job.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of pieces to put together and sometimes the theme, fixes, or plugins create a conflict.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I took an online course called "Life Beyond Etsy" by Jeff Daigle (https://dbdc.us/) that was a great starting point.

I have moved to my own site, so no listing fees or sales fees. My customers are using the different payment gateways I have set up. I love the variables I can set up for each item (not possible on Etsy).

WooCommerce review by User

"A serious competitor to all the big ecommerce platforms - should be seriously considered"

What do you like best?

As wordpress has already been the de-factor standard for any blogs and many more sites, its extension Wordcommerce has emerged as a serious competitor to the major eCommerce platforms over the past years.

It is a powerful, feature-rich extension that allows you to run a full-blown eCommerce site on top of Wordpress, without needing to run a blog at all. One of its biggest advantage is that it is highly SEO optimized and your new shop site will easily get a high ranking with the major search engines. And a high visibility is what probably matters the most nowadays - you can have the greatest products and slickest website, but if nobody finds it, you're lost.

What do you dislike?

Many of the available plugins and extensions are not free and many of them quite pricey. As WP itself is opens-source and published under GPL, many plugins are actually GPL and therefore free to use as well. However, the authors make it look like you hav etc pay for it, but they are actually charging you for a "Support License" and not for the product itself. So you could go to 3rd party sites and download the plugin from there, however these sites are a bit shady and you need to watch out that you won't get malicious code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider additional investments as many must-have plugins/extension are not free and can become quite pricey.

Building a customizable eCommerce platform that easily integrates with other services/APIs that we use.

We've realized what a powerful platform WooCommerce is and how it boosted our visibility on the web and therefore sales.

WooCommerce review by Barbara B.
Barbara B.

"A great add-on to Wordpress for ecommerce"

What do you like best?

It looks and works great - easy to get set up and they have great customer support. They support most major payment gateways, and provide email alerts when orders are placed. I also liked that we were able to export orders.

What do you dislike?

A little pricey and it's hard to know which add-ons you need out of the box. Most add-ons are an additional cost, but there are free ones. We've had some trouble with corrupted virtual products such as video downloads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WooCommerce has a plethora of add-ons, depending on your needs. I recommend shopping around for a payment gateway if you don't already have one. If you do have one, make sure it is compatible with WooCommerce. There are many tutorials and videos on setting it up, and once it's up and running, it's quite simple.

Ecommerce - selling digital and physical merchandise online.

WooCommerce review by Alexander H.
Alexander H.

"eCommerce meets CMS"

What do you like best?

Easy to customize like Wordpress itself, many free themes but also paid ones.

A big community, and documented like Wordpress.

If there's a missing function you can be sure there will be a plugin for that

What do you dislike?

Well, same problems like Wordpress: sometimes a bit buggy. Documentation is not complete so sometimes it gets a bit messy.

Out of the box not good for german markets, since there are special needs.

And to be honest: the community support lacks of professional help. Most of the supporters are users with not that much knowledge, so you'd better check your support options before you start your project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need complicated shipping and booking, woocommerce is an interesting plugin for ecommerce.

If you need a small ecommerce solution for a customer, you should give it a try.

Not bloated as other shop systems, but also not that comfortable.

You know Wordpress and can manage it: perfect.

Woocommerce integrates smoothly now, so it should be a no-brainer :-)

Also somewhat SEO friendly, if you use Yoast SEO plugin or other similar ones.

Since all the customizing is done by child themes and additional plugins, updates don't mess your project anymore.

Give it a try :-)

WooCommerce review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"Easy way to set up Online Shop"

What do you like best?

I love how simple and easy it is to use WooCommerce, I personally use it for my Wordpress blog page where I have online Shop as well. It is really easy to integrate everything and you can run your shop in just a day.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the cost of extra features that are available for WooCommerce, simply because there are dozens of free add-ons that can do just the same job as upgrades for WooCommerce and that makes them irrelevant for any WooCommerce user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend WooCommerce to anyone that is just starting their online store, or even to folks that already have their online store set up. You will benefit from WooCommerce greatly.

I'm able to track my orders, maintain my inventory and change the statuses of all the orders that I have.

WooCommerce review by Damian C.
Damian C.

"WooCommerce has all the stuff you need for eCommerce "

What do you like best?

I like WooCommerce because it is a solid option for any eCommerce projects. As a major advantage why WooComerce is one of the best tools for eCommerce, is because now it’s being a piece of the WordPress environment.

What do you dislike?

WooCommerce has a low quality of customer support, and this issue it's not improved. When I have a question about this product or I have to send an email to customer support but it will take very long time to get an answer. The same issue o live chat support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In case you're new to eCommerce, I recommend you to request some help form a person who has a related experience to eComemerce. You need to have a strong market strategy and you need to know how to invest your money

WooCommerce meets all the necessary qualities for the low or medium eCommerce projects.The plugins make it especially simple to set up a vendor record and begin taking requests inside a hour or two. While WooCommerce scales exceptionally well to a large number of requests every week, huge scaling requires extremely particular learning of MySQL and web server setting.

WooCommerce review by Travis K.
Travis K.

"WooCommerce - A Great Starter eCommerce System"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is a great starting eCommerce system that easily integrates with site Content Management System Platforms like WordPress. It offers integration into other systems such as Paypal and other payment processing systems.

What do you dislike?

Biggest dislike is in order to integrate into a fully operation eCommerce experience you have to use a lot of 3rd party plugins that integrate and connect with both WooCommerce and whatever system you are trying to connect with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small, even though it offers a great professional grade platform it can seem like it is difficult to setup initially because it lacks the non-coding type system a lot of people look for in site eCommerce solutions, especially ones that are made to integrate with CMS systems such as Wordpress.

It is an affordable solution for clients who want a well integrated eCommerce solution to their websites but do not have a large expansive budget in order to pay for better known, and higher premium eCommerce solutions. It is also a secure solution so that the client doesn't feel like they are just getting a cheap solution where their systems are going to be easily hacked and accessed to have their information and money stolen, or their clients information and money stolen.

WooCommerce review by Arron D.
Arron D.

"Not as easy as others"

What do you like best?

I like WooCommerce because it is free with Word Press so if those are one a budget this would be a great starting point to get into the eCommerce world.

What do you dislike?

Its a little confusing on the dashboard. Editing products are sometimes a pain and very time consuming. Not as many apps to help the process run smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It just really depends on what your goal is. If you are blogging or maybe have a small store than it would work out, but if you have many many products and you have to edit them and keep them organized you might find it as a painful process.

WooCommerce like I said is free and if you have patience and can deal with the functions then it would be a great tool to have for your website.

WooCommerce review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"There is nothing impossible with WooCommerce"

What do you like best?

For many years I've been using WooCommerce, I have not found anything difficult that I can't implement with WooCommerce. Thousands of plugins and themes, and thousands of people ready to help you

What do you dislike?

In fact, I didn't find anything that didn't dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be late and try WooCommerce and will never regret, this software provides you tons of features and has the best technical support to the world.

Multiple payment methods and freight methods are available in convenient ways, in addition to the ease of use with the possibility of identifying the countries where I want to sell.

Also an amazing control panel through which I can manage orders, products, categories and coupons. Everything is easy and very simple and if you find something difficult I contact with technical support and receive an response in minutes.

Really, they are a wonderful team and the most revolutionary program in the world of e-commerce

WooCommerce review by Khadiga R.
Khadiga R.

"Best Choice for an E-Store"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the ability of managing a whole e-commerce store.

WooCommerce is user friendly and using it does not need much of programming experience, which make creating an e-commerce website easier for normal users.

There are many people who are using WooCommerce which means a huge community where you can find answers about a lots of questions that you have.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I face some problems dealing with it, but referring to the documentation and forums I can find the solution easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For all those people who are looking for an e-commerce store that is easy to use and manage, I highly recommend WooCommerce for you.

I'm pretty sure you'll like it as I did.

To create a whole e-commerce store online in not that much of time.

I realized that managing a whole store will be much easier using WooCommerce.

WooCommerce review by User in International Trade and Development
User in International Trade and Development

"Works for what we need it to do"

What do you like best?

The platform is mostly intuitive. There seems to be a straightforward and apparent workflow, with not a lot of bells and whistles. I use WooCommerce in a very limited way, so it's great for that function.

What do you dislike?

Right now we use a different POS to ring up the orders. So on the back end, it's not integrated. I'm not the decision maker for the expense of integrating and don't k of the scope of what would have to change with our business to do so, but that's me single greatest waste of time. It's my job, it's how I get hours, but it's not efficient at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If all your purchasing and shipping are integrated with WooCommerce, great. If not, and you plan to use it as cheaply as possible and bridge in other systems manually, with your staff, it'll work - but there can be some pain points.

We are ensuring swift customer service to customers 24/7. The main benefit is that phone orders, which can take up to 20 minutes of staff time, are no longer necessary. A customer can shop from home at 8:00 pm, and then they take 10 minutes to ring out rather than 30. It frees up sales associates to be with customers in the store rather than phoning people back to take orders.

WooCommerce review by Alexandro L.
Alexandro L.

"THE tool for online shops or catalogs"

What do you like best?

Being build around Wordpress makes it really easy to setup an online store or catalog, and customize it with thousand of options. Being organized:

- There are thousand themes available to customize the website and store, also it's easy to modify the design and details of Woocommerce.

- There are thousand of plugins available to extend the functionalities, being able doing so to offer more options to customers, or to admins.

- Support is great with the huge community sourrounding it,

What do you dislike?

This plugin isn't something for new users of Wordpress, it requires skills and knowledge about this CMS and design, if not things wont work as it should, as there are lot of options and adjust to do.

Also, when something doesn't work as expected, there are tons of options to dive around, and hard to find the problem if you don't know what to search for. But that problem isnt something related with Woocommerce, but it's something about webdesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know about Wordpress, hostings, domains, and a bit of coding... go ahead, it can meet all requirements needed. Not only for seeling online, but for selfpurpose management, or a complete CMS and CRM solution.

We are using Woocommerce as an online catalog for all of our products, just as intranet with a CRM system integrated. Cheaper than a complete software, being able to modify it as we need adding options, or changing others on the fly.

WooCommerce review by Carolyn S.
Carolyn S.

"Great e-commerce for wordpress"

What do you like best?

I like that woocommerce is one of the most used plug-ins for wordpress ecommerce. It's compatible with many different themes and comes built in to many too. This means there is tons of support available for it and many developers that know how to use it. I like that it's fairly easy to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

The main problem with wooCommerce is that it isn't easy to change multiple products at once. If I have 30 designs in my shop and they all have the same variation, I want to be able to change that variation across all products without having to go one by one. I've had to spend a lot of money to be able to change products all at once and sometimes that doesn't even work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WooCommerce is a well known ecommerce plug-in for wordpress. Because it's so widely used, you can find many themes that already incorporate it into their code. There isn't much you can't do with it, however you may have to spend extra money on more plug-ins to go along with it. The costs really do add up!

I sell baby onepieces on my website which required an ecommerce site. It solves the problem of having to code my own pages to create a shop. It has the storefront, shopping cart, and checkout gateways ready to be used.

WooCommerce review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Easy to use given the huge number of features"

What do you like best?

I like how easy WooCommerce is to use out of the box and just how vast the add-ons are. You can have WooCommerce do just about anything you need without being super-techie (not everything, but close).

What do you dislike?

WooCommerce does get complicated to use the more features you add on. Also I think their help documentation could be more comprehensive, though their customer support is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that the more complex your implementation, the more likely it is you're going to need a WooCommerce expert to help you maintain your WooCommerce store. If you just need a straightforward store, you're going to love how easy WooCommerce is to use and the fact that it integrates with everything under the sun.

I set up a very complex online store that ships physical products. I was blown away by how I was able to create a custom solution for my client, who has very diverse shipping parameters including different products, different sizes of boxes, different shipping locations, and more.

WooCommerce review by Sam I.
Sam I.

"Best solution to add eCommerce to WordPress."

What do you like best?

It gives you the solution to start selling on WordPress platform immediately.

What do you dislike?

If a user need customization he has to hire a programmer.

Although there are many plugins that can do the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a rapid ecommerce solution to your WordPress woocommerce is the right solution for you.

If you need more customization to your store such as membership and special discounts there are many free and paid plugins you can install.

I'm a programmer and I integrated woocommerce with WordPress. My customers sells 50% of their product with woocommerce. Other company who is not ready to sell online but would like to show the products, woocommerce has a feature called catalog mode.

WooCommerce review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"Have Created Several WooCommerce Stores, Works Well"

What do you like best?

WC is reliable, flexible, and sports a large quantity of plugins and extensions.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally configuration requires a tedious amount of time spent poring through documentation. On-screen tooltips can be very cryptic.

The basic functionality of WooCommerce is just that: basic. Any intermediate or advanced functionality requires sifting through the extensions/plugins, trying them (which comes with the burden of picking through more cryptic documentation), and making more cost/benefit decisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously evaluate the competitors in light of your business model. For instance, depending on the market channels you want to reach, Etsy may be just the ticket. Be very clear on what you want your customer experience to be like; basic WooCommerce features do not go a long way to making the experience a rich one.

The problem is achieve a stable, available online product store at low startup cost. The benefit is that this is achieved out of the box.

WooCommerce review by Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"One of the most capable and FREE E-Commerce solution for self-hosted web stores."

What do you like best?

For the price of $0, you get one of the most capable and simple to set up e-commerce solutions. For a Wordpress site, it comes in the form of a free plugin. Woocommerce even provides a free compatible theme. With basic Woocommerce, you get to sell physical or digital products, calculate flat rate shipping, calculate taxes, accept Paypal, Stripe, or Amazon as payment gateways, and a customer accounts area. Extra functionality is available for yearly payments at the Woocommerce extensions store.

I recommend spending the money you're saving on a fast business hosting service that includes an SSL certificate. The lowest tier shared hosting plan will cost you sales since site speed will most definitely be affected and customers will leave out of sheer frustration. SEO is also negatively impacted by slow websites.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike something that is free and works really well out of the box. If I had to point out something, some of the extensions are a bit on the pricey side if you are on a budget and trying to open a store that deviates from the simple look for an item and buy it e-commerce model.

The subscription extension is $199/year. Memberships extension is $149/year. To take online bookings, that is $249 a year. On top of hosting, domain, theme, and SSL certificate costs, you could easily be spending more than you thought it would costs to start a web-store.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the money saved from a free E-commerce plugin to getting a high-performance hosting service with an SSL.

Coming from Shopify, I was looking for a self-hosted solution because I was uncomfortable with having a third-party e-commerce provider having the "keys" to my store. Basically, I was afraid of having them shut down my store or shut down functionality at any moments notice. I already had problems with payments with Shopify so I decided to move to another solution.

Getting set-up with Woocommerce on a self-hosted Wordpress site felt very natural. UI is very intuitive and the knowledge base and support are robust for even beginners to start their own e-commerce store. I'm glad to say I like the look of my new store compared to Shopify. The best part of Woocommerce is that they even provide a free compatible theme so you can get up and running in no time.

It is a lot more customizable than Shopify if you are looking for that. More popular extensions that manage email marketing, shipping, and fulfillment are all available on Woocommerce extensions. Those extensions in combination with Wordpress plugins will make your store run like a professional business.

WooCommerce review by Val S.
Val S.

"WooCommerce is one of the best eCommerce systems available"

What do you like best?

I love how flexible and extendable WooCommerce is. Using plugins, templates and some custom coding, it can do just about anything you need it to do for a business with an eCommerce presence.

The user interface in the backend is organized and seamless with the rest of WordPress. My clients are able to pick it up quickly and manage their own stores with relative ease.

What do you dislike?

Depending on what you want your shop to do, you will need plugins and extensions, which can be costly at times. The basic templates are also a tad clunky and I normally need to make customizations to get them to look and work the way they need to for my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are adding plugins or extensions, do your research. Make sure that you are getting them from reputable developers that offer support or a warranty if the plugin doesn't do what you need. There are some really good developers and plugins out there, but there are also some that don't actually work.

I have used WooCommerce to build retail shops,manage signups/registrations for classes and programs, manage event tickets, create quotes for commercial businesses and do scheduling for a variety of businesses. It works for big and little businesses alike - from a couple of products to hundreds, or thousands of sku's.

WooCommerce review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"One of the most comprehensive e-commerce solutions for WordPress"

What do you like best?

Well designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications. The core plugin is free and they offer the ability to add functionality with a large section of add-on plugins. You can add things like membership and recurring subscriptions as well as a very large selection of payment integrations. We often default to woocommerce because of the number of payments options. Customers may have a merchant service they wish to use or a bank that requires a specific gateway it's much easier to accommodate that with WooCommerce.

What do you dislike?

Expensive add-on plugins. There are a very large section of add-ons, but adding multiple can add up quickly. Also, we've found support times can be slow. It sometimes takes, at least in our experience, several days to get a response. For the amount of money they charge for add-ons, I'd expect prompter service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's one of the best options out there.

E-commerce for businesses websites.

WooCommerce review by Administrator

"Stable WordPress plugin for sales"

What do you like best?

Firstly, it's free. AND—it's easily integrated into the WordPress platform and functions very well. We've had no problem with WooCommerce. My programmer had looked at other options, and choose this plugin due to experience he'd had working with other sites. It's user friendly, and administrator friendly. Also, I used WooCommerce both for direct sales as well as adding to PayPal sales.

What do you dislike?

WooCommerce does need a programmer to manage the tweaking. This isn't something most business owners would want to adjust on their own. But compared to other plugins, it's fairly straight forward if you had to go in and make a correction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I especially like the ability to add coupon discounts to my Shop page during holidays/promotional sales. WeeCommerce makes this feature very user friendly.

We needed two features: direct sales and aligning with PayPal. Woocommerce did both of these functions very well. In short—I was never in need of finding another plugin.

WooCommerce review by Santiago V.
Santiago V.

"Lightweight, Flexible, Great Ecosystem"

What do you like best?

- Built on top of Wordpress, so: lots of documentation, upgrades, API, easy of use

- Powerful API

- Powerful ecosystem, with plugins and templates

- Ease of integration with other tools (due to previous reasons) like Enhanced Ecommerce

It's definitely very versatile, easy to make changes and you won't find much trouble because Wordpress is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

- PHP and MySQL, not very scalable

- Admin menu it's poor

- Shipping options are basic

- Could be slow to load. Depends on template and optimization

- Reporting is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Search for templates on Themeforest. It's worth the $20 you'll pay.

- Use plugins, there are tons of them that will make your life easier.

- Use SEO plugins and image compresion.

We use it as eCommerce for our retail store.

It's definitely very powerful, easy to use, easy to expand (plugins, templates) and there is a lot of documentation. You will be able to deploy your store pretty fast.

WooCommerce review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"E-commerce for designers who want more out of their site"

What do you like best?

WooCommerce is a flexible plugin with so many different options available. Since it's a plugin made to run with WordPress, you're not limited to so few designs (as with other e-commerce platforms). While there are many WordPress themes designed with this plugin in mind, WooCommerce typically works with just about any theme.

One of my favorite parts about WooCommerce is the ability to add/import/manage products just like you would blog posts and pages in WordPress. .xml imports are a little buggy, but the last few I've had to do were fairly easy to work around. (They've probably made improvements on this since the last time I used it.)

What do you dislike?

Shipping functionality. If you're shipping a variety of different items with tons of different weights and sizes, prepare for a major headache. At this point, you'll have to install add-ons for add-ons trying to get table rate shipping functionality instead of the limited native features.

The only solutions are to buy a plugin (usually for at least $100) or hire someone to create a custom plugin for your specific needs. Small businesses and professionals new to the e-commerce world may find this overwhelming, especially if you're also new to WordPress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since WooCommerce is a free plugin, you won't be losing anything by giving it a try. If you know your way around WordPress well and prefer WordPress to other platforms, I highly recommend trying it out. Just know that you won't have a support team at your fingertips 24/7 and you'll have to do a lot of sorting through documentation and searching for answers, which can be difficult if you need a highly specific solution.

If you're not familiar with WordPress or find WooCommerce overwhelming, consider setting your shop up on a managed-for-you service like Shopify. While it's not nearly as flexible, you can absolutely host your site and shop in different places.

Also note that WooCommerce doesn't have a POS/in-store solution, so if you're looking for a more "seamless" solution for physical retail, you'll want to look at some other options.

I still recommend WooCommerce to developers and web designers who want the flexibility and functionality of WordPress. Shipping functionality aside, if you're using this for digital products or flat rate shipping, WooCommerce is an easy (and free!) solution for e-commerce. There have been many improvements made over the past few years.

WooCommerce review by Liz T.
Liz T.

"WooCommerce is the only software I use for e-commerce."

What do you like best?

If you want a platform that can do nearly every feature on your website bucket list, then you have to look at WooCommerce. It's open-source so the possibilities are endless as long as you're working with a competent web team. It's also easy for you to manage your inventory and product catalog by yourself. My own mom used to maintain a WooCommerce store at another business she worked at and was able to do it with ease. No matter your technical skill set, after the setup is done - it's really that easy for anyone to pick it up, add their own products, set pricing, manage inventory, review order status, run reports - and the list goes on and on for how much Woo can do. People compare Woo to Shopify - but frankly, there's no comparison when it comes to which platform can do more. Being open source, Woo can do way more - and Shopify is better for DIYers.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could purchase 24/7 support from Wordpress directly (since they own Woo) so any client with an issue would have someone other than me to call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does more than Shopify - Shopify is better if you're a DIYer and Woo is better if you're willing to hire someone to help you build your store.

The obvious benefit is that I'm able to help my clients launch a storefront on their own without needing to invest in Shopify.

WooCommerce review by Aaron F.
Aaron F.