WoodWing Elvis DAM

4.0

Elvis digital asset management enables businesses to store, index, search, repurpose and distribute digital media content. It enables them to break down silos and enhance workflow through integration with other business systems.

Work for WoodWing Elvis DAM?

Learning about WoodWing?

WoodWing Elvis DAM Reviews

Ask WoodWing a Question
Showing 23 WoodWing reviews
WoodWing review by Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.

"Easy to use digital asset manager."

What do you like best?

Elvis allows my team to collaborate on designs and lets us keep track of what publications the assets was used in. Simple user interface with the ability to share with outside clients for image approvals, comments, and allows you to set a time limit on how long you want to share a link to assets. Drag and drop upload with batch tagging is good feature.

What do you dislike?

When creating keywords, there isn't way to edit or delete keyword tags that was created. Video previews are only for the first 10 mins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to have someone dedicated to uploading and cataloging images to save designers time when searching keywords. Don't just use words that only your team can understand but anyone that will need to access and search for images.

The design team had a problem with assets that was being stored/linked to another designer desktop. With Elvis we no longer have that as a issue and everyone has access to assets because they are now stored in one location and is able to link/drag and drop assets in to adobe software.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WoodWing Elvis DAM
WoodWing review by Mauro T.
Mauro T.

"The digital assets you need, when you need them, wherever you are!"

What do you like best?

It's hard to say you need a DAM until you find yourself drowning in a tsunami of digital assets. Elvis make easy, in no time and with an almost flat learning curve to get back in control of what you have and what you can use.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to say, maybe that the UI doesn't have too much "nerdy" features but, eventually, it's one of its main values.

It make the difference between wasting time struggling to find the last version of a digital asset and simply using what you need being sure is the right asset. The main benefits are a terrific improvement of productivity and the reduction of errors down close to zero.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

WoodWing review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"A High Quality but Pricey CDN"

What do you like best?

I like the organized User Interface / Dashboard that WoodWing provides for their CDN solution. Being able to provide user access and control what they can do permissions wise makes the process very easy to manage. Managing a team of 5+ designers can get hectic at times and this helps solve that issue.

The speed of the Elvis CDN servers were on par if not faster than the other CDN solution providers out there and our website load time went from 5.0 seconds to fully load down to 2.8 which was a drastic savings.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price point that they offer as there are cheaper cdn alternatives out there. Such as Cloudinary or even Amazon's AWS depending on your overall needs. The dashboard is not as easy or simplistic as other CDN alternatives but it does get the job done of delivering assets in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on a tight budget I wouldn't recommend using WoodWing Elvis DAM, and would suggest that they try out a solution like Cloudinary or Amazon AWS. In today's world the faster cheaper CDN solution provider will be key in the coming future with a majority of customers turning towards Mobile devices for browsing our website.

For the short term the CDN by WoodWing / Elvis have helped us improve loadtime speeds while also improving our SEO efforts. The organized layout of the dashboard with detailed metadata makes working with many assets very efficient.

WoodWing review by Belinda A.
Belinda A.

"Easy to use image management"

What do you like best?

It is easy to find images, move images around and rename images.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many images you can see at a time - I wish that interface was a little easier.

I can share images with the customer instead of downloading them and saving them into an email. They can also download the images if they need to.

WoodWing review by Tove S.
Tove S.

"I'm very excited about Elvis DAM."

What do you like best?

As I have a background as a layouter and is now production coordinator I am very fond of the highly visual and intuitive interface.

It's easy to search or browse for assets and it is great that you can create collections of photos from conferences or otherwise.

I like that I have all kind af assets in one place as opposed to an image database and a server with old layouts and PDFs and so on.

What do you dislike?

When I send a dossier with an article to archive from Content Station and have to bring it back again it is not the same type of document I'll get back.

I also have some troubles with the Elvis/Content Station integration, but I think that it mostly has to do with the fact that we haven't upgraded til Content Station 9 - yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Being a production coordinator at the Journal of the Danish Medical Association my main taks using Elvis DAM is helping the Journalists and layouters search for and retrieve photos and old articles or announcements that they need to reuse in some way. Our archive of articles dates back to 2002 so if a member of the Danish Medical Association needs something this old I'm the one who finds it.

I am also in charge of to archiving documents from Content Station to Elvis.

WoodWing review by James G.
James G.

"CyanGate uses Elvis DAM internally as well as a developer and reseller of Elvis DAM."

What do you like best?

CyanGate chose Elvis DAM for the following reasons for mid-tier DAM solutions for departments and small to mid-tier companies:

User Friendly UI enables rapid adoption.

Elasticsearch provides scalability and reliability for searches to take milliseconds.

Share Feature enables secure file sharing without stressing email servers.

Rules based permission settings enables easy administration and security.

REST and SOAP APIs enables easy integration with other systems.

Underlying Technology: Elvis DAM is Java based enables easy customization. Elvis DAM was the first DAM to use the Lucene search engine to enable rapid search results.

Scalability. Elvis DAM is the only DAM solution that can handle 1 billion assets.

Native integration with Adobe CS, CC and CS6 allowing drag and drop features and auto-versioning.

What do you dislike?

If a customer needs support for 3D / multidimensional files or advanced video transcoding for video, the customer will need to integrate with another third party tool with Elvis DAM. This can be solved by leveraging the APIs or customization.

Although Elvis DAM is open for customization, some may need assistance if they are unfamiliar with Javascript. In these cases, a customer may want a consultant like CyanGate. On the other hand, I have seen customers with excellent java skills excel at making their own customizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Elvis DAM is an excellent solution for mid-tier and small companies and departments looking to organize, search, share, repurpose and distribute content. Given Elvis 5's server clustering, Elasticsearch and ability to handle a billion assets, Elvis DAM can be an Enterprise level solution.

Those who will benefit the most are the following:

Using Adobe CS, CC, CS6 and CC2014 on a daily basis

Using large amounts of photography and InDesign

Publishers using WoodWing Content Station or Enterprise

Indexing large amounts of material

Searching for text within documents

Regulating incoming materials via FTP sites

I encourage those considering Elvis DAM to run both individual tests for thirty days and a server trial to test on their own systems. Before engaging a server trial make sure you have the time commitment from all of those involved in the project, the equipment and test cases in a live environment.

To test hosting or a cloud solution, please contact CyanGate.

Typically, customers are looking to solve the following and received the following results:

Indexing all assets - Elvis DAM serves as the central place to search for all uploaded content.

Manage Versioning - Elvis DAM uses auto-versioning to monitor changes.

Regulating asset usage for copyright, legal, proprietary or marketing use - The rules and permissions settings enable administrators to grant access to assets. Some customers regulate assets by setting rules to sunset assets from usage.

Relieve the burden of sending large files via email - By leveraging the Share Client, hypertext to assets can be sent without encountering performance on the email server.

Better communication between sales and marketing - Marketers use Elvis DAM to share marketing collateral with sales reps in the field.

Tracking assets in large documents - Elvis DAM tracks all assets contained within a document.

Saving money - the ROI of Elvis DAM varies company to company, however the general benefits are reducing legal expenses from asset misuse, regaining time from staff by accelerating searches, repurposing content with a shorter time to market and eliminating file sharing tools.

WoodWing review by Administrator

"Elvis DAM, the only DAM you need"

What do you like best?

I like the possibility to share an asset with an external user, the possibility to have different saved versions for each asset, the possibility to manage diffent format

What do you dislike?

I have not something that I dislike about Elvis

With Elvis DAM, we have a central repository for all of our documents and not spend much time to search what we need.

WoodWing review by Eppu H.
Eppu H.

"A great tool to manage and share digital assets"

What do you like best?

I love being able to share the assets and folders with autenthic links.

I also like the ability to easily browse the strorage.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have more options sharing the folders - "dropbox" kind of workflow.

I'd also like to have more simple UI and a workflow for sharing links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to archive and explore the assets. Possible to make modifications to the assets without the need of download/upload actions.

Easy to make APIs and automations with production.

We've been able to replace the mailing and ftp workflows with the sharing abilities.

We've been also able to archive our magazine production assets automatically and explore them easily afterwards.

WoodWing review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Elvis DAM for retail"

What do you like best?

- open APIs

- based on really quick search index

- overall look and feel

- performance

- licensing model

- server supports Linux platform

- new indesign plugin works really well and uses asset unique identifiers when linking

- clustering and new elasticsearch-based index in version 5.0

What do you dislike?

- Elvis adobe drive had problems but now working as charm with indesign plugin based on Woodwing technology

- versions <5.0 did not support clustering

- media processing engine queuing and load balancing algorithm is not good in 4.x versions (one stuck node may have impact on all asset processing)

Recommendations to others considering the product

we found adding ESB as integration platform for DAM really useful. ESB + Elvis APIs allow really good and cost-effective integrations to other systems and datasources.

main focus is improving overall workflows of retail marketing by having all assets (whatever) in one centralized DAM.

Also content creation process has been redesigned so that it works on DAM platform.

Benefits realized

- huge boost on media processes both time- and moneywise

- no more excel-sheets in e-mails flowing accros company - all assets in DAM linked to products have all product information as Elvis meta fields

- Elvis has enabled us to further streamline retail businesses and allow us to develop new services

WoodWing review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Using Woodwing in Editorial Environment Review"

What do you like best?

Woodwing made tablet interactivity very fast and easy on a day to day basis. Was very intuitive to work with and was very quick and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Woodwing does not work super well with other softwares of similar makings, like DPS for example. There were many times the easiest route would be to use both softwares but I would have to start from scratch because this was not possible. Also I had many issues with the content viewer. Interactivity would not work or be corrupt in the viewer but would work fine on devise. Made for extra work and time used to clarify issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are aware of the interaction of programs and what you need to tweak in your workflow to have everything interact seamlessly.

Woodwing is useful and great for an national editorial magazine environment. However I believe that the software needs to take into consideration the other products it will be interacting with more and make sure that these core products all work together with ease and without disruption.

WoodWing review by Ian M.
Ian M.

"Easy-to-use DAM product - waiting for more"

What do you like best?

The UI is very intuitive and easy to use. Overall, it's not a very intimidating experience, which was important for our users. Getting assets into Elvis was so easy. As the admin, I felt it would have been a very great product to maintain. For a smaller company with less growth than ours, this "product" would provide a clean DAM experience for any organization.

What do you dislike?

I know the product is configurable/customizable to a degree, but I do not know to what degree. I have a feeling Elvis' ability to grow around an organization's use cases could be limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If DAM (archive) is your primary need - this is a great product.

Solving - Organization, search, and metadata. We have no DAM in place at the moment, so we need to control the assets we have and create a more secure channel for them to travel in our creative process.

Realized - Without DAM, we believe our efficiency has peaked. Process scale and risk management are huge red flags for us the longer we continue without DAM.

WoodWing review by Ed M.
Ed M.

"A Great Solution"

What do you like best?

Being able to browse a catalog of tens of thousands of images sorted in a specific manner is the key with this product. We are able to quickly gain access to critical data in a fraction of the time is used to take,

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have the ability to batch en masse images to meta tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Streamline and create batch processing of meta tagging. For instance: if you create a collection or "catalog folder" to house certain images that share a similar characteristics, when you drop these into a predetermined folder, they all become tagged with the attributes assigned to that folder. They can later be moved anywhere while maintaining those tags.

Having multiple workstations looking at the catalog from multiple locations. Quick access to a vast library of images presented in a logical, easy to read manner.

WoodWing review by User in Design
User in Design

"Woodwing Elvis - Making content designing a breeze!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact you can collaborate and share your digital work with everyone on the team. We can quickly and easily see how our work is coming along from others comments etc. the DAM is great, its easier than using separate windows with bridge and other content management system. The functions of woodwing too are intuative compared to Adobe DPS, there are less steps to remember which makes designing content so simple.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, its great! Would be great if the design of the DAM interface design was in light rather than dark, but that's just a personal thing, saves me getting headaches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it! It's only going to get better.

Quickly organising content and keeping it easier to find our files and also makign content come alive is worth so much. Not only can we do our work quickly, means our reports get to our clients quicker too.

WoodWing review by John S.
John S.

"Elvis rocked my world!"

What do you like best?

I put together an 80-page film guide for the Sarasota Film Festival. There was no way I would have gotten this done without Elvis. Superior Media Solutions was extremely instrumental in helping me use Elvis.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything negative to say. Elvis is as good as its namesake.

The film guide has thousands of assets, each requiring specialized metadata. I needed a system to help me quickly ingest those assets and give me the ability to put my finger on any one of them at a moment's notice.

WoodWing review by Caroline L.
Caroline L.

"Woodwing is such a powerful tool and has always been reliable and consistent"

What do you like best?

The software is such a powerful tool with so many functions. The ability to share resources remotely smoothly speaks volumes about Woodwing.

What do you dislike?

I never fully received a formal tutorial on how to utilize the program when I was working with it, it was unfortunate that there were many functions that I am sure I missed out on, but by no means is this a reflection on Woodwing but rather a shortfall from company that implemented Woodwing.

Digital asset management systems are being utilized more and more on a daily basis to communicate and share information. The need to have reliable and consistent quality is extremely important.

WoodWing review by Oscar C.
Oscar C.

"8 years IT management experience in Media Industry"

What do you like best?

The agility and the performance of the solution

What do you dislike?

The workflow configuration is too complex

Secure and rapidly archive accesing

WoodWing review by Jennette M.
Jennette M.

"Used Woodwing to review and edit pages in InCopy"

What do you like best?

Makes sharing pages among departments much easier.

What do you dislike?

Set-up is difficult if you're not an IT person.

File sharing, simultaneous page work.

WoodWing review by Tracy T.
Tracy T.

"Woodwing is efficient!"

What do you like best?

Woodwing keeps track of your files and lets you see who has edited your file and when.

What do you dislike?

nothing! it's great! i don't have any issues with it. it does get wonky when your computer crashes.

I'm in publishing so it helps keep us organized.

WoodWing review by Administrator

"A real DAM"

What do you like best?

API Capabilities, HTML5 WebClient, third-party integrations.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a modern desktop app, in media users likes to have a desktop or mobile app.

We still as a prospect

WoodWing review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Good system, well thought out"

What do you like best?

Routing and tracking status for files, layouts, copy and assets.

What do you dislike?

Number of versions for design files is too limited.

Making creating content as efficient as possible.

WoodWing review by Agency in Design
Agency in Design

"X'mas Advertising for GQ magazine iPad"

What do you like best?

Wide reach of audience. standard for large publishing firm.

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome previewing and uploading with the enterprise edition for 3rd party content supplier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think twice for interactive content. However quite intuitive for more static contentwith low level interaction.

X'mas advertising in the IPad magazine, developed with bespoke interaction using HTML5 and JavaScript.

WoodWing review by User

"the technology"

What do you like best?

the new technology are good to use in rapid environment

What do you dislike?

the mode of implementing the method was difficult.

Nothing

WoodWing review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Woowing Elvis helps us significantly in the procedural aspects our accomplishing our projects"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, helpful in our type of business

What do you dislike?

Subscription is expensive, with the intermitent internet connection, we'd arther not use Elvis sometimes

Storage shortage. It frees our individual computers of huge amount of data for archive

Learn more about WoodWing Elvis DAM

WoodWing Elvis DAM Videos

Learning about WoodWing Elvis DAM?

* We monitor all WoodWing Elvis DAM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.