WoodWing Elvis DAM

Elvis digital asset management enables businesses to store, index, search, repurpose and distribute digital media content. It enables them to break down silos and enhance workflow through integration with other business systems.

Work for WoodWing Elvis DAM?
Libris 2x

Learning about WoodWing?

WoodWing Elvis DAM Reviews

Ask WoodWing a Question
Showing 23 WoodWing reviews
WoodWing review by <span>Kimberly A.</span>
Kimberly A.
Validated Review

Easy to use digital asset manager.

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Elvis allows my team to collaborate on designs and lets us keep track of what publications the assets was used in. Simple user interface with the ability to share with outside clients for image approvals, comments, and allows you to set a time limit on how long you want to share a link to assets. Drag and drop upload with batch tagging is good feature.

What do you dislike?

When creating keywords, there isn't way to edit or delete keyword tags that was created. Video previews are only for the first 10 mins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to have someone dedicated to uploading and cataloging images to save designers time when searching keywords. Don't just use words that only your team can understand but anyone that will need to access and search for images.

The design team had a problem with assets that was being stored/linked to another designer desktop. With Elvis we no longer have that as a issue and everyone has access to assets because they are now stored in one location and is able to link/drag and drop assets in to adobe software.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Madre Roothman of WoodWing

Hi Kimberly,

My name is Madré Roothman. I'm the Product Marketing Manager of Elvis DAM here at WoodWing.

I want to take the time to say thank you for such a great review. We always appreciate when a customer takes the time to write a great recommendation.

If you ever need more information on our products, you can contact me at madre.roothman@woodwing.com.

Have a fantastic day!

- Madré

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WoodWing Elvis DAM
WoodWing review by <span>Mauro T.</span>
Mauro T.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's hard to say you need a DAM until you find yourself drowning in a tsunami of digital assets. Elvis make easy, in no time and with an almost flat learning curve to get back in control of what you have and what you can use.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to say, maybe that the UI doesn't have too much "nerdy" features but, eventually, it's one of its main values.

It make the difference between wasting time struggling to find the last version of a digital asset and simply using what you need being sure is the right asset. The main benefits are a terrific improvement of productivity and the reduction of errors down close to zero.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Madre Roothman of WoodWing

Hi Mauro,

There’s not much we appreciate more than great customer feedback. Like the “nerdy” features you’d like to see more of in Elvis DAM. 🤓

We think you’ll be excited to know that we have some new features up our sleeve - due for release soon - and another exciting announcement tbc beginning of next year. But we’ll update you when the time comes.

We just want to say thanks for being a customer, and for taking the time to write a great recommendation.

In the meantime, if you ever need more information on our products, you can contact me at madre.roothman@woodwing.com.

Have a fantastic day!

Product Marketing Manager of Elvis DAM

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

WoodWing review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

A High Quality but Pricey CDN

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the organized User Interface / Dashboard that WoodWing provides for their CDN solution. Being able to provide user access and control what they can do permissions wise makes the process very easy to manage. Managing a team of 5+ designers can get hectic at times and this helps solve that issue.

The speed of the Elvis CDN servers were on par if not faster than the other CDN solution providers out there and our website load time went from 5.0 seconds to fully load down to 2.8 which was a drastic savings.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price point that they offer as there are cheaper cdn alternatives out there. Such as Cloudinary or even Amazon's AWS depending on your overall needs. The dashboard is not as easy or simplistic as other CDN alternatives but it does get the job done of delivering assets in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on a tight budget I wouldn't recommend using WoodWing Elvis DAM, and would suggest that they try out a solution like Cloudinary or Amazon AWS. In today's world the faster cheaper CDN solution provider will be key in the coming future with a majority of customers turning towards Mobile devices for browsing our website.

For the short term the CDN by WoodWing / Elvis have helped us improve loadtime speeds while also improving our SEO efforts. The organized layout of the dashboard with detailed metadata makes working with many assets very efficient.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Madre Roothman of WoodWing

Hi there,

Thank you for the valuable insights you have provided to my team and I.

Before I go on, let me introduce myself. My name is Madré Roothman - Product Marketing Manager of Elvis DAM here at WoodWing.

We’re sorry to hear that you dislike the price point. We believe in giving our users only the best in Digital Asset Management software - which means we want to be more than only a Digital Asset Management library system. This includes providing our users with product features like permissions and asset access control - features you mentioned you liked.

Your feedback will be communicated to the rest of the team, and we thank you for being a user of Elvis DAM. If you'd like to know more on how we provide value to our clients, or if there’s any other way in which we can improve your customer experience, feel free to reach me at madre.roothman@woodwing.com.

- Madré

WoodWing review by <span>Belinda A.</span>
Belinda A.
Validated Review

Easy to use image management

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is easy to find images, move images around and rename images.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many images you can see at a time - I wish that interface was a little easier.

I can share images with the customer instead of downloading them and saving them into an email. They can also download the images if they need to.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Madre Roothman of WoodWing

Hi Belinda,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Elvis DAM.

We’re happy to hear that some of the features you like the most are things we also pride ourselves on. Like finding images easily, thanks to our built-in Elasticsearch technology.

But also hearing what your thoughts are on features like our view grid (thumbnails, list and filmstrip). It’s feedback like yours that we are able to always strive towards a better Digital Asset Management solution. Know that we’ll definitely take your suggestion into consideration with our product.

If you ever need more information on our product, or would like to suggest ways in which we can improve your Digital Asset Management experience, feel free to contact me at madre.roothman@woodwing.com.

Have a great day!

Product Marketing Manager for Elvis DAM

WoodWing review by <span>Tove S.</span>
Tove S.
Validated Review

I'm very excited about Elvis DAM.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

As I have a background as a layouter and is now production coordinator I am very fond of the highly visual and intuitive interface.

It's easy to search or browse for assets and it is great that you can create collections of photos from conferences or otherwise.

I like that I have all kind af assets in one place as opposed to an image database and a server with old layouts and PDFs and so on.

What do you dislike?

When I send a dossier with an article to archive from Content Station and have to bring it back again it is not the same type of document I'll get back.

I also have some troubles with the Elvis/Content Station integration, but I think that it mostly has to do with the fact that we haven't upgraded til Content Station 9 - yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Being a production coordinator at the Journal of the Danish Medical Association my main taks using Elvis DAM is helping the Journalists and layouters search for and retrieve photos and old articles or announcements that they need to reuse in some way. Our archive of articles dates back to 2002 so if a member of the Danish Medical Association needs something this old I'm the one who finds it.

I am also in charge of to archiving documents from Content Station to Elvis.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Madre Roothman of WoodWing

Hi Tove,

We at WoodWing love it when a customer provides such thorough feedback on our products. It helps us improve–to provide you with the best possible product we have to offer.

We just wanted to take the time to say thanks.

Have a great day!

WoodWing review by <span>James G.</span>
James G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

CyanGate chose Elvis DAM for the following reasons for mid-tier DAM solutions for departments and small to mid-tier companies:

User Friendly UI enables rapid adoption.

Elasticsearch provides scalability and reliability for searches to take milliseconds.

Share Feature enables secure file sharing without stressing email servers.

Rules based permission settings enables easy administration and security.

REST and SOAP APIs enables easy integration with other systems.

Underlying Technology: Elvis DAM is Java based enables easy customization. Elvis DAM was the first DAM to use the Lucene search engine to enable rapid search results.

Scalability. Elvis DAM is the only DAM solution that can handle 1 billion assets.

Native integration with Adobe CS, CC and CS6 allowing drag and drop features and auto-versioning.

What do you dislike?

If a customer needs support for 3D / multidimensional files or advanced video transcoding for video, the customer will need to integrate with another third party tool with Elvis DAM. This can be solved by leveraging the APIs or customization.

Although Elvis DAM is open for customization, some may need assistance if they are unfamiliar with Javascript. In these cases, a customer may want a consultant like CyanGate. On the other hand, I have seen customers with excellent java skills excel at making their own customizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Elvis DAM is an excellent solution for mid-tier and small companies and departments looking to organize, search, share, repurpose and distribute content. Given Elvis 5's server clustering, Elasticsearch and ability to handle a billion assets, Elvis DAM can be an Enterprise level solution.

Those who will benefit the most are the following:

Using Adobe CS, CC, CS6 and CC2014 on a daily basis

Using large amounts of photography and InDesign

Publishers using WoodWing Content Station or Enterprise

Indexing large amounts of material

Searching for text within documents

Regulating incoming materials via FTP sites

I encourage those considering Elvis DAM to run both individual tests for thirty days and a server trial to test on their own systems. Before engaging a server trial make sure you have the time commitment from all of those involved in the project, the equipment and test cases in a live environment.

To test hosting or a cloud solution, please contact CyanGate.

Typically, customers are looking to solve the following and received the following results:

Indexing all assets - Elvis DAM serves as the central place to search for all uploaded content.

Manage Versioning - Elvis DAM uses auto-versioning to monitor changes.

Regulating asset usage for copyright, legal, proprietary or marketing use - The rules and permissions settings enable administrators to grant access to assets. Some customers regulate assets by setting rules to sunset assets from usage.

Relieve the burden of sending large files via email - By leveraging the Share Client, hypertext to assets can be sent without encountering performance on the email server.

Better communication between sales and marketing - Marketers use Elvis DAM to share marketing collateral with sales reps in the field.

Tracking assets in large documents - Elvis DAM tracks all assets contained within a document.

Saving money - the ROI of Elvis DAM varies company to company, however the general benefits are reducing legal expenses from asset misuse, regaining time from staff by accelerating searches, repurposing content with a shorter time to market and eliminating file sharing tools.

Learn more about WoodWing Elvis DAM

WoodWing Elvis DAM Videos

Learning about WoodWing Elvis DAM?

* We monitor all WoodWing Elvis DAM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.