WordPerfect

This all-in-one office suite delivers the power, productivity and compatibility todays home and business users need.

Work for WordPerfect?

Learning about WordPerfect?

WordPerfect Reviews

Ask WordPerfect a Question
Showing 48 WordPerfect reviews
WordPerfect review by <span>Desi P.</span>
Desi P.

"The perfect solution to word processing, it is not just the name"

What do you like best?

Wordperfect allows a user to customize and design a document without scratching their head, puzzled why the document has done something you didn't want it to do. With reveal codes (what sets the program leaps and bounds above Microsoft Word), you can manipulate every aspect of your porject to create the best document possible.

What do you dislike?

Not much to complain about. When you encounter a Word user, you can save as a .doc. The lack of track changing for colaboration on a document could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are particular about your document looking exacactly how you want it, Wordperfect will work for you.

My company uses Wordperfect as its go-to document solution. When I started here, I thought they were in the stone age for using the program, but now I am its biggest fan. We create legal documents and letters.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WordPerfect
WordPerfect review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It's easy to learn the functions, it does a lot and the more you use it the easier it becomes to navigate it. The interface is simple in a good way and most of the options are easy to find when looking to edit or change. Overall, works like Microsoft word and it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting is off and it can get saved with the weird formatting, you'll have to learn how to work around some instances where your font will overlap - usually I just have to delete it and paste what I want from a different window or mess with the line spacing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it, you'll get good at it. If you can use Microsoft Word - you can use this.

It;s easy to save and access proforma files, we make a lot of contractual agreements with WordPerfect and you can easily send it to someone via the program to sign, we rarely use that function but it is nice to have, we've never had problems making new contracts because it supports our forms and usually keeps them tidy. Line numbering is very important in what we do and the program keeps up with getting the numbers right.

What Office Suites solution do you use?

WordPerfect review by <span>Misael C.</span>
Misael C.

"3.0 out of 5 starsWordPerfect Word Processor: Great. Included Spreadsheet QuattroPro: Not So Great."

What do you like best?

The compatibility between Microsoft Word and WordPerfect seems to be exactly as advertised. All the other positive reviews of WordPerect itself are right on. I only wish the same were true of the advertised compatibility between the spreadsheet part of WordPerfect Office (QuattroPro) and Microsoft Excel.

My best recommendation: Use WordPerfect as a word processor but do not get rid of Microsoft Excel.

What do you dislike?

Corel tech support--only free for the first 30-days to deal with installation problems, is at the typical level of large software companies now--suggesting first some boilerplate advice, then concluding the problem must lie elsewhere. As a programmer since my first IBM 8088 in 1982, I've learned that when a PC works flawlessly before new software is installed and then develops a problem, it probably is not just a coincidence.

Whether or not QuattroPro will open a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet without crashing seems to be a completely random event. Even more worrisome is that after the crash (stops responding), the Excel spreadsheet is corrupted, although it sometimes is saved as a .tmp file.

I have worked for 30 years a a Paralegal. While I have learned, thanks to the WP Task Manager, to tolerate other word processors, I always tell people who ask why I won't switch to MS Word, "If it is good enough for the Federal Courts, it is good enough for me." Plus, it's hard "to teach an old dog new tricks."

WordPerfect review by <span>Dominique L.</span>
Dominique L.

"Great for composting official letters "

What do you like best?

Everything is easily accessible and formatted to print and send out quickly.

What do you dislike?

Under file, things you do use often are easy to see, but when it comes to opening a file that isn't used as often, sometimes it is a bit harder to find. I am not exactly the most tech savvy person though, so I suppose this could be easier for some people to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't really think of much else for others considering it, aside from if you know how to use Microsoft Word, then it will be easy to transition to Word Perfect as well and that it is great for creating documents.

We are creating letters to send out to attorneys to ensure that their clients are reviewing important legal documents and getting them sent back to us. The benefits of this are that we can do this in a quick and efficient manner that doesn't waste time in order for us to be able to get our documents back within the 30 day time frame required.

WordPerfect review by <span>Callum H.</span>
Callum H.

"Great for formatting documents, does what you want it to"

What do you like best?

After using WordPerfect for some time I am always impressed by the ease of which documents can be formatted and made to look how you want. Compared to other mainstream word processing programmes WordPerfect is second to none for getting the ideal layout for your document.

The preview feature on the latest version is great for saving time instead of opening documents just to check for something.

Also the installation process was very quick and hassle free.

Great value!

What do you dislike?

Would be good if documents could be saved as read only, a feature that seems to be missing.

Getting in touch for support was a lot more difficult than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that although not quite as modern looking as Microsoft's equivalent does everything the same and often better.

The programme saves me a lot of time and frustration when formatting documents compared to MS Word which is a lot more strict and doesn't allow as much freedom as WordPerfect. Time saved increases productivity.

WordPerfect review by <span>Ross N.</span>
Ross N.

"day to day use "

What do you like best?

ease of use is great and surpasses Microsoft word in many areas like with the image tool. inserting photos and having them work well with the present text is much easier in this program. the shear amount of options many find daunting but if you are more of a developer kind of person who likes to tweak then this is the one for you.

What do you dislike?

sometimes a bit limiting with the PDF export but great 90% of the time it mainly has issues with multiple sheets with a varying text/image content. I have found recently that this can be avoided by compressing the pictures but its not great for quality to have to do that each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Word perfect has its limitations and if you can afford the extra id go for a microsoft product. as it is this is a fantastic product for uni students especially when inserting pictures. I find that microsoft image inserter clumsy compared.

no business problems really, issues with the software like the image issue can be fixed as I have detailed above but generally its a great tool for the lower end of users who want a cheap but very useful word processor program.

Learning about WordPerfect?

* We monitor all WordPerfect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.