WordPress.com

(1,540)

WordPress.com is Automattic's WordPress hosting offering.

Work for WordPress.com?

Learning about WordPress.com?

WordPress.com Reviews

Showing 1,540 WordPress.com reviews
WordPress.com review by <span>Sandeep R.</span>
Sandeep R.

"A decent webpage builder"

What do you like best?

It was during last year that my professor asked the entire class to build a personal website. Due to constant procrastination, it went down to the last day and I had just 14 hours remaining for my assignment. I appreciate Wordpress for its ease of use and maintenance. You don't need to know HTML or javascript and complex jquery syntax for building/hosting your website. It allows you to select from a wide range of templates. Also, it provides you with additional plugins which might be necessary to achieve the task.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features which might be essential to you might be available only if you pay the price for it. For example, if you need a domain name, you'll have to shell out those extra bucks. As mentioned earlier, plugins are essential to achieve some functionalities.

I have hosted my personal webpage using Wordpress.com. As far as the benefits are concerned, you can make quick modifications. There is no need to worry about security as the webpage is hosted by the software provider themselves.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WordPress.com
WordPress.com review by <span>Cesar K.</span>
Cesar K.

"Review WordPress"

What do you like best?

EASY: WordPress does not require PHP nor HTML knowledge unlinke Drupal, Joomla or Typo3. A preinstalled plugin and template function allows them to be installed very easily. All you need to do is to choose a plugin or a template and click on it to install.

It's good choice for beginners.

Community: To have a useful support, there must be a large community of users, who will be a part of e.g. a discussion board.

Plugins: The script has over dozen thousand of plugins available on its website. They are the reason WordPress is considered a CMS, not only a blogging script. Strong majority of the plugins is available for free.

Templates: On the scritp's homepage you can view thousands of graphics templates, that can change your website's look. You can find there both free and paid templates. The paid ones are often more advanced as well as more interesting.

Menu management: WordPress menu management has extended functionalities, that can be modified to include categories, pages, etc.

Non-standard fields: You can easily add fields to forms by yourself or using plugins. It will allow your blog or subpages to have additional labels, categories or descriptions.

What do you dislike?

Modification requires knowledge of PHP: Operations like removing a date field requires some understanding of PHP language. It is the case for most of such modifications.

Graphics modification requires knowledge of CSS and HTML: Although there are plenty templates available on the homepage, most of them are very alike. To create a unique look, you need to know CSS and HTML.

Plugins and efficiency: To compete with Joomla! or Drupal, WordPress needs plenty of plugins to be installed. Unfortunately these plugins influence the script's efficiency and not in a good way. Another problem arises when you need to choose a plugin for a specific functionality. Among all the thousands of plugins, most of them have their clones. It means, that any given functionality can be added by several different plugins created by different authors. Sometimes choosing the right one may take quite some time.

PHP security: The script is not protected as well as other applications. It all depends on how sesitive is the additional content of your page.

Tables and graphics formatting: Modifying tables or graphics format can be more complicated than in other applications like Quick.Cms or Joomla.

SQL queries: Queries can be complex since all additional non-standard fields that make WordPress a CMS, require additional syntax.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress is a very good script to create a simple website. It is one of the simpliest to use (definitely not simpler than Quick.Cms though) of all solutions available on the internet. It's very good choose for a beginner's. Advanced users with advanced needs would have to install many plugins to have what is a standard for Joomla or Drupal.

No more waiting for your web designer to make simple updates to your site. With WordPress, you have control of nearly every aspect of your site and can easily make those simple updates yourself.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

WordPress.com review by <span>Lillian N.</span>
Lillian N.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that wordpress has a HUGE selection of themes to pick from and the clean interface it ha for blogging. i also enjoy how it acts similar to social media where he public can see your blogposts and read/react to them versus any other website builder that has a blog but doesn't have that interface of interaction with other people/blogs.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about wordpress is that it took me a long time to use. It was difficult for me to change the hang of and I had to look up so many videos and articles how to use some functions. I used weebly, webs, wix, and dabbled with squarespace and all those functions I can use easily. Wordpress to me was so difficult for me to find some buttons and functions , in a sense it was organized strange for me to find what I wanted to use on my blog. It was pretty frustrating but now that I've gotten the hang of it I still prefer weebly but I really like that wordpress has an audience they can actually rad my posts more than likely than other website makers. What I also don't like is it's kinda pricey and you are given so little for creativity. I'm a college student so I don't have the luxury to splurge on my dream blog at the moment versus on weebly I can do what I want and what wordpress can't do, all free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress is pretty well known so I don't know what their goals are. But for me I'd apperciate like a student discount (like squarespace) or like a "drag-n-drop" website/blog builder rather than going to different pages to build one thing.

With Wordpress I'm solving business problems by having an audience/following I didn't have. Benefit from that it helps me become a start up for myself as an influencer.

WordPress.com review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Wordpress Review"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is super user friendly and the best blog site I have ever used. Many of the other blog sites I signed up for before Wordpress were very difficult to figure out and made me frustrated.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that your blog is always the first page that shows when someone visits your page. I know blogs are the main focus on this website, but I would like my about page to be the first page that shows when someone views my profile. If this is a feature I can use, I have no idea how to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress is a great free site that allows you to post freely and as many times as you like. I love using it and had so much fun designed my page.

Wordpress helps get the word out for our non-profit easily. It allows users to search by key words and as long as we tag our post to certain Key words people will find it easily.

WordPress.com review by <span>Anastasia G.</span>
Anastasia G.

"Publish an Article...In Seconds!"

What do you like best?

I love Word Press because you can create a template/article in seconds! I used this in a language course at University. I published numerous articles simply by typing the text in appropriate boxes. You can incorporate media (photos) directly into the text too! Finally, I loved how you could organize your articles; you could publish one post or create separate folders.

What do you dislike?

Pasting text directly into WordPress did not work that well. The text would automatically alter the fonts, font sizes, and spacing. It made it difficult to post an article quickly if inserting it from an outside source. I would have to take extra time to redo the format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using WordPress to anyone. It is easy to create websites. I even used this website software within another platform! It is simple to add links, photos, text, and so much more! WordPress enables students, employers, and individuals to form intricate sites.

I am now able to create websites with specific tabs, formats, and posts. However, it is not an overwhelming process, all thanks to WordPress! You don't need much computer software background or anything of that sort!

WordPress.com review by <span>Sean L.</span>
Sean L.

"Entire business runs on WordPress based website "

What do you like best?

Our website and business run on WordPress. We're able to take care of customer accounts and tinker with other backend things with ease. Plugins galore. A lot of our customers even use WordPress so it just makes it even easier. I myself work with end-user support and social media analytics so for customer needs, I am able to pull up accounts and get to the bottom of issues relatively fast.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it there was SOMETHING I could do when someone deletes an account from our system. Not sure if its a WP related thing but once it's gone it's gone and I have no way to search for anything except that they once had an account.

It literally gives our customers a way to access our business. So basically we wouldn't have a business without it. And of course, the price is beyond right.

WordPress.com review by <span>Rebecca C.</span>
Rebecca C.

"Helps me feel like a Website Designer "

What do you like best?

Setting up the blog and writing the posts itself is fairly simple. Good for people who want a website but don't have experience with coding. There were a few things that I had trouble learning by fiddling around (eg. attaching plug-ins) but there are a lot of great resources online that I could follow.

What do you dislike?

The statistics page doesn't seem to be accurate. Either that, or the things that the numbers are referring to doesn't indicate what I think it does...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used both Wix and Wordpress, and I found that WordPress is superior in the sense that you can easily publish your site and be able to find it, even if you have no knowledge about SEO. I published a Wix site a year ago, and I am still unable to Google it unless I type in the exact address. However, with my Wordpress sites, I'm able to type in a few key words - even when I didn't set up the meta descriptions.

We wanted a blog to post articles about tutorials or industry trends because we felt that this was a good way for our users to see the brand as something more than just a product!

WordPress.com review by <span>Marline F.</span>
Marline F.

"It's easy to create, customize and update your site"

What do you like best?

It's good that you can easily install plug-ins, templates and updates. I like that I can customize my blog in many ways: adding categories, different links to different parts of my site, a template, colors. There is also a button so you can feel how many people like your message. Excellent customization options. A huge number of plug-ins at the same time. If you decide to stop your choice on this program, immediately think about buying the full version.

What do you dislike?

Expensive built-in themes. It happens that the topic really liked, but its layout is very bad, and you need to change the whole topic. The interface is not very friendly, sometimes it takes a long time to see how to change something on the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this tool, you can simply increase your business, because you will have a professional website and you will be able to grab customers for you. I noticed that this platform helps to support the interaction with the public, as we can make comments on, and this is very clearly visible to the clients.

This platform is the most common option for a personal blog or a small website. If you do not have technical knowledge, the program helps you, making it easier to manage the web page, it has different templates that will improve the visual aspect of your page. This platform is wonderful for daily updates, I recommend all people or companies to be in the first places of popularity and authority.

WordPress.com review by <span>N. A.  L.</span>
N. A. L.

"Looking for a free website? This is one you can trust"

What do you like best?

Easy and simple to use WYSIWYG with an iphone app that works in pretty much the same way as the web app. It's easy to upload and insert photos and it's really easy to get things up and running.

What do you dislike?

Re-routing of URLS costs money. If you've brought a URL and want your site to show that URL rather than the basic blog URL it's going to cost you. But if you just want to point your URL at the site, it's not that bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and especially good if all you're looking for is a site that you can get up and running within minutes that has ready made free templates and the ability to edit without too much hassle, it also gives you a basic understanding of the wordpress.org variety of wordpress for when the time comes to upgrade further.

I'm able to keep people up to date on what I'm doing and when, and on new releases, new articles, and much more.

WordPress.com review by <span>Madison S.</span>
Madison S.

"Wordpress is easy to use with a lot of possibilities"

What do you like best?

Wordpress has a lot of flexibility and add-on features. I like that you have access to many templates. I also like that it is a reliable platform that many websites use. Wordpress is a relatively easy to use with many plug-ins that can make your site one of a kind. Wordpress is a great platform for building a company blog and for sharing a variety of types of digital content with followers. Overall I would recommend Wordpress as long as that user has a developer to help with more of the back-end issues that can be overwhelming to someone who does not have a computer science degree.

What do you dislike?

Some features are difficult to use without support. The analytics component is somewhat hard to understand. You also have to be very careful with plug-ins that you use because they can be developed by anyone, many of them can be bugged or cause harmful issues on your page or cause your page to crash. It seems like Wordpress is best in the hands of a knowledgable WordPress developer. The day-to-day actions are relatively easy but the developing can be a little trickier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a lot of flexibility to make your site unique but technical features require support.

Blogging, digital marketing. It is a reliable platform. I have realized that WordPress can provide a high quality website with modern features. It runs quickly and has a good user interface and experience.

WordPress.com review by <span>Nelson T.</span>
Nelson T.

"One of the best open source content management systems. "

What do you like best?

I have been trying to host a blog page and was on Blogger for a while until I switched to WordPress. WordPress offers a plethora of options in terms of customizing and designing one's web page. It's easy to use and navigate. The best part about WordPress is the statistics that it offers to the users. The templates make the website look very professional.

What do you dislike?

The annual subscription fee can be steep at times. The fee causes a hindrance and makes one feel as if one might be missing out on the advantages of WordPress if one is not a paid subscriber. Also the domain name is slightly tricky, I could never find the right domain name and I had to pay for using it, well in retrospect it did seem fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress is definitely way ahead of Blogger. Its easier to use and easy to design and customize. If you really want to make the most of the services that it offers join the subscription plan. Its one of the best open source content management systems. However if you are only considering writing and maintaining a blog I would suggest sticking to Blogger. One can host websites and most of the people I know who host popular websites use Wordpress.

I have been able to create a blog and also at the same it has helped me help create a web page for my workplace. WordPress has helped me make my website look very professional and with its stats has helped me track our customer base.

WordPress.com review by <span>Geraldine C.</span>
Geraldine C.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

For me, WordPress is easy to use especially for beginners like me. It is easy to navigate through the pages you need change.

What do you dislike?

Since I am a beginner, I do not know the codes and the themes. So design-wise it would be limited. I have to rely on our website provider to make drastic changes like adding or removing pages, or adding or removing images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the most common platform for website creation. If you want a simple website, this is recommended as this can create a mobile-friendly website already. But if you want a lot of fireworks, they consider hiring a professional website management provider to do the complexity.

This is the platform we are using in managing content in our company website. This provides our company, our brand, our products to be known digitally. This ensures that we relay a consistent brand image and message to our customers and prospects.

WordPress.com review by <span>Siana S.</span>
Siana S.

"Works great of you don't know what you are doing"

What do you like best?

What I love about Wordpress.com is that it is super easy to use and set up. For someone who wants to start up a website or blog, it is perfect for beginners. Templets are great with customization and it is easy to run on the go from your phone.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it does not explain what the difference is between wordpress.com and wordpress.org. With .org you have more freedom to do what you want and if you don't know that beforehand it is very difficult to switch from one platform to the other. Even though .com is easier .org is more flexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to figure out wordpress.org before considering wordpress.com. You have more options with the .org site. More freedom to do what you want and you are able to monetize more freely.

I can see who is actually reading my content and whether that content is quality or not. I have found that with it, the analytics help way more than you realize.

WordPress.com review by <span>Lisa T.</span>
Lisa T.

"Finally ot the hang of it!"

What do you like best?

I would think almost anything you want to do on your site can be found and implemented fairly easy with a WordPress plugin. So although it's more complicated than a lot of the other website companies, if you take the time to figure it out, you can find almost anything you need for add-ons.

What do you dislike?

It's not extremely intuitive. It took a few days to figure out and make the more simpler changes, and a couple months to get a groove with the more complicated things - custom changes, style sheets, code. If something goes wrong, it's hard to pin point the problem and hard to fix. We used a programmer in the beginning who fixed everything. So far nothing has gone wrong since we took it over ourselves. But I worry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it if you have time to get to know it, or have someone knowledgeable to maintain and update for you.

We needed a more SEO friendly and powerful website. We get that with WordPress. Once you really get the hang of WordPress, you realize that you can customize and build almost anything onto the basic template. Just takes some time and skill.

WordPress.com review by <span>Ankur S.</span>
Ankur S.

"Unarguably The Best CMS Out There "

What do you like best?

Wordpress is one of those products which make you realize how powerful technology is. As I work in Marketing, that too in Content, WordPress is an indispensable part of my job. Absolutely love the level of ease, robustness and freedom it provides to a user. The integrations available can make you do almost anything you'd want to do out of a CMS, and Wordpress community has solution to any possible issue you might be facing. This is what insanely great products are like!

What do you dislike?

Nothing there to dislike to be honest. My experience with WordPress has been absolutely seamless, without any hiccups. One thing which can be vastly improved is the beautification of the product, in terms of the UI. That would make things absolutely perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it without two minds!

An end-to-end Content Management System for my organisation's blog. Have been using it for 3 years, across 4 teams now and this has remained a constant.

WordPress.com review by <span>Gretchen L.</span>
Gretchen L.

"Hard to Beat the Quality and Flexibility at the Cost"

What do you like best?

There isn't really anything you can't do with Wordpress. There are so many incredible plugins and templates now that are very well designed. I used to get that knot in my stomach when I client would ask to have a certain tool or technology they say elsewhere because I never knew how difficult and expensive the solution might be. But not, it's not "there's an app for that" in this case its, "there's a plugin for that".

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is steep at first and hard to explain to clients once the design is complete. Because the platform originated as a blogging format some of the user interfaces that is inherited can be frustrating to navigate through and find what you need. And because many of the templates are free you are stuck figuring it out on your own and with support boards. In the early stages learning to use Wordpress can be extremely time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is by far one of the best solutions available at the price level and the quality it delivers.

With Wordpress I can design and build website for around $2500. For a similar website without Wordpress I used to charge $10,000. But most of that money went to hire a coder to actually implement the design. With Wordpress I can keep more of the income generated in-house. And even better, I can build a website in 2 weeks or less. Before Wordpress, a similar design would take at least 2 months.

WordPress.com review by User

"Best tool for make blogs and websites!"

What do you like best?

Great User Interface clean and well organized. Always updated with huge quantity of widget, the interface and the functionality it's highly customizable thanks to plugins, free themes (and paid one too), many of the are mobile optimized too!.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve initially it is steep, the cost of some themes are excessive, the monthly subscription is not very cheap. The performance can be better.

A better support in terms of response speed would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is ideal for beginners, and for expert too. It's easy to understand and easy to use, there are plenty of themes, plugins, widgets and so on that you can use to customize and personalize your blog, or website.

with it we have easily created a blog of our society, and a micro site too where customers can find information and request advice or help. Thanks to wordpress we have gained time that we can invest elsewhere.

WordPress.com review by <span>Kelley  C.</span>
Kelley C.

"WordPress makes it easy to build sites. "

What do you like best?

There's a section called visual builder, so if I need to make an edit on a live site, I can get a sense of what it would look like before it published across the internet. I also like how easy it is to build on. Since it is so popular, there are extensions you can install to make your site to even more cool things.

What do you dislike?

The email issues that come with WordPress is maddening. Emails never seem to get delivered while working through WordPress. If you want to use WordPress you will need to find a work around for trying to deliver emails.

We make and manage about 900 sites. We have customized WordPress a lot to fit our needs, but we have a system that works really well, and the core of WordPress is the heart of everything.

WordPress.com review by <span>manoj o.</span>
manoj o.

"The Website Developer"

What do you like best?

As I have given it a title of website developer, it is a free source of developing the website by modifying the code or by just dragging and dropping system by designing what and where to keep and at free of cost. No need to install any software for developing the website just go on wordpress and create an online website with ease and as per your needs also the cost of purshasing it by removing the name wordpress is also less so it can be used for the non-profitable business.

What do you dislike?

First of all, the permissions given to customize your website is less and sometimes it can crash. And the security system is also somewhat week as per my usage because it can invite many hacker for you website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations are that the low level companies can use these website developer but high level companies should make there own as there are some possiblities of cracking your website. But over all it is a good software.

In our business the wordpress has made many problems solved by preventing to call the website developer and other issues. Now our employees are capable of making website of their own choice in there own way. It is very good software for some companies which are not that famous but they can complete their needs by purchasing the website and also it is given on the yearly basis.

WordPress.com review by <span>Keyla D.</span>
Keyla D.

"WordPress is wonderful to manage web pages"

What do you like best?

WordPress gives me the opportunity to work from my home, maintaining and creating daily important information to be published on the web portal to which I lend this service.

One of its main and best advantages is that I can work from anywhere in the world, just having an Internet connection works perfectly.

Its ease of use has become one of its main attributes, its icons and options are very explicit when using it.

Wordpress helps you in most cases, has the option of a library of images, as well as the use of formats and default templates.

There is the possibility of creating restrictions on other users to review their work before it is published.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I do not like about wordpress is that in some cases the computer slows down, causing the program to stick, making the only option to close it in a forced way, losing all or a great part of the information in which It was working.

Of the rest, Wordpress up to now has behaved very well in comparison with other web administrators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all the people that like the activity in web pages, as well as to the big companies so that they are up to date with the highest quality standards. In easy to use and in a short time it is mastered almost to perfection.

On a daily basis, I make various assignments with this application, be it to create information, modifications to the website, daily maintenance, among others.

Working with WordPress has become an excellent ally in terms of ease and time saving, giving me the opportunity to perform other tasks.

WordPress.com review by <span>Jeffry F.</span>
Jeffry F.

"With this program it is easy to customize, create and update your site"

What do you like best?

I like that I can customize my blog in many ways: adding categories, different links to different parts of my site, a template, colors. I like how easy it is to install plug-ins, templates and updates. A very simple platform to use, its functions are very clear and understandable. As for the price, it is very affordable and in the long run is profitable for the company's budget.

What do you dislike?

Adjusting the page is a torture, because with every small change it is updated, and even for a comma change it may take several minutes. Not the easiest tool to navigate. Many processes are not intuitively understandable, and I spent a lot of time looking for how to do something. The site can be awkward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program to all people or companies. With it there is an opportunity to be in the first places of popularity and authority. I solve many problems with this program, I create news for the information site every day, and I change images and advertisements every day, besides, if I need to leave the house, I can enter the program from any device connected to the Internet.

With this program you can increase your business because you will have a professional website and you will be able to grab more customers for you. I think that this platform helps to maintain interaction with people, because we can comment, and this is very clearly visible to customers.

WordPress.com review by <span>Lucrezia R.</span>
Lucrezia R.

"Easy to use and very intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive Wordpress is to use. I had never blogged before and it was quite easy to set it up and start writing right away. I also like how it gives you the possibility of following other bloggers without necessarily signing up for their newsletters.

What do you dislike?

The fact that not always I can copy images without importing them in the media. Being a book blogger, I always have some graphic so it can get taxing every time to import them instead of simply copying them. Also, customizing the page is torture since with every slight change, it updates and it can take minutes even to change a comma.

One last thing I did not like: the fact that the "drag and drop" thing to set the featured image does not work. At all. Every time I try to use it and it simply won't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to customize your theme, you will have to know your HTML. Also, hearing from other bloggers, it's really hard to change theme once you have chosen it.

One last thing, you cannot install plug ins with the free plan. For an occasional blogger like me, it's fine, but if you are looking for something more personal, you may want something more than the free plan.

Well, I started my new blog, it helped networking and establishing good connections with fellow bloggers. It's also great to keep up with what's going on in the community.

WordPress.com review by <span>kelly O.</span>
kelly O.

"Wordpress- a great option for the small business owner"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ability to input the content but then use the Visual Builder tool to see it all come together. I am just getting my website up and running so it is nice to be able to add a page, re-arrange it a bit, and publish it when I have it the way I like it. I appreciate that I can start simple, add on to that and get fancy along the way.

What do you dislike?

I wish that WordPress was more mobile friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone that is currently using WordPress give you a walk-through introduction.

I am able to sell tickets for events on my WordPress Site. In doing so, I am able to keep everything in one place instead of using a secondary site to refer visitors to for tickets. I am using a plug in called Event Espresso and it integrates seamlessly and allows me to use my PayPal account to sell the tickets. It did not take very long for me to set up and most visitors are able to buy tickets without any questions.

WordPress.com review by <span>Cesar E.</span>
Cesar E.

"what a great website builder!"

What do you like best?

i love how easy it is to do it! it tells you and gives you recommendation on how to add things and how just to be able to have a successful website! i love having different designs and just been able to convert it your own. The templates for each individual page sus as testimonies and contact form

What do you dislike?

am quite new to this so their isn't much and can say about disliking it sometime working with html codes could be sketchy but you can easily go to the internet and research and how to edit those and work with them but i with WordPress had some site for explanation with out having us go out in the internet and risk on getting something that it not legit and could be scam and we be putting it on our websites!

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to start your website with a program that you think its actually going to work and just have the option to test it out first this is it! it just work to our advantage to have this option and have the support and steps to do something great!

my agency website! our last one fail on us and we had to start from scratch. we started with the free one and it just work as good as if we paid for one! it has the designs etc. and lots of things to work on for free!

WordPress.com review by <span>Massiel D.</span>
Massiel D.

"Wordpress an incredible platform to work from wherever you want"

What do you like best?

Wordpress has given me the possibility to work directly from my home, it is a wonderful and easy to use program, its interface is very explicit, it is not necessary to have extensive knowledge to know how to manage a web page. besides that it has several great templates.

It's fantastic and simple, I create news every day and through Wordpress I can do it, it helps me with the corrections, steps that I have to follow, it helps me adjust the images and videos, it's great because it has a library of images, where I can search the photos you need at the moment.

The option to program in what day and time will be published the information is great, so I can plan weekly.

What do you dislike?

Wordpress does not have many faults, although many times the program is closed and I lose most of the information I was doing at that moment, and I tend to close the session at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program to all people, it is easy to use, if you want to start a work from home, with this platform you can be able to manage web pages and blogs, it does not need great preparation to use it, its icons and templates.

I solve many problems with Wordpress, I create news every day for an informative website, as well as change images and advertisements daily, besides that if I have to leave home I can enter the program from any device connected to the internet.

WordPress.com review by <span>Katrina B.</span>
Katrina B.

"WordPress is great for beginner and mid-level websites"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to install plugins, templates and upgrades.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to hack the theme and hard code changes, or add plugins to do things that should be a basic part of a WordPress website, like the ability to remove date, author, and time on articles, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use videos on youtube.com to see how to setup your website, add plugins, and add new themes. It's a bit of a learning curve, but if you stick with it, you'll catch on in no time and really enjoy building your website, and adding necessary plugins!

WordPress websites allow me to easily setup a website and get it up and running in just a couple of hours, with most of the plugins necessary to offer a complete site. The benefit is freedom of time, ease of use, and the ability to create a site that is ready to roll out within a day.

WordPress.com review by <span>Gabriella Q.</span>
Gabriella Q.

"Customizable Blog"

What do you like best?

I like that I can customize my blog in many ways: adding categories, various links to different parts of my site, the template, colors, etc. It's nice that I can stash away articles I've written that I don't think are relative to my blog anymore, especially because my blog is still in the process of changing. You can also easily share stuff on your blog using Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. There is also a like button so that you can have a sense of how many people like your post, and a comment section along with tags.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish there was more of an incentive to add more to my blog, but perhaps I should come up with that myself. I don't know about the paid features of WordPress too much, and I'm sure I could customize my page even more using HTML + CSS, but I'm afraid of losing all my work. I wish there was an easier format for adding pictures or links to videos. The way my template is set up, its hard to integrate pictures into the article. I also don't like how my template only lets me use one font type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about whether you should be creating your own website instead of using WordPress; WordPress only offers so much customizability.

I like to put my written papers on my blog and use it like a portfolio. It helps me stay organized.

WordPress.com review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

"Amazing open source CMS!"

What do you like best?

Everything really. When I think back to the time when we built website with html, this is an amazing, great leap forward. I would never go back to anything else. I'm a professional web designer (seriousweb.ch) and I can really recommend WP. There are so many tutorials out there, you wouldn't believe it. A big THANK YOU from my part to all the contributors out there!!

What do you dislike?

Since wordpress is so widely spread, many hackers are constantly attacking the sites. You need a very strong Security systems and 2 factor password authentication (at least for admins). I use iThemes Security and I have never been hacked again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you will definitely not regret it. I have started to visit some WordPress meetings and seminars and the community is truly amazing. People are so helpful and you can get help online for free very quickly.

I have found it to be extremely stable and reliable for the things I do.

I use it every day for my WebDesign business. I'm building an intranet solution based on WP for a small business as well.

WordPress.com review by <span>Cameron A.</span>
Cameron A.

"Perfect for starting out, better options available"

What do you like best?

Free is always a plus, especially if you're not ready to commit to a paid hosting service. You also don't have to worry about paying for a domain, though the domain will be a wordpress.com domain, not a custom one"; if that's not a problem, then so be it.

Speaking of domains, however, if you opt to pay for one of the upgrade plans, you do get a custom domain for free.

What do you dislike?

Should you decide to pay for a plan for added customization and other features, you'll need to keep renewing the plan before the term is up every month or year. Otherwise, you'll lose every change you've made on your site, since reverting to the free plan also reverts the site to its limited customization status.

And yes, I do mean "limited." Want to customize the colors of your fonts throughout your site? You'll have to subscribe to a plan to get full access to that feature. Want to change the CSS of your theme? Pay for a plan. Want to install Jetpack's full suite of features? Pay for a plan. You're better off going the WordPress.org route by self-hosting your site instead of at WordPress.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't expect much from your hosting service, and if you don't mind not being able to fully customize your site without paying for an upgraded hosting plan, and if you don't mind if those customizations go away once your plan runs out, then WordPress.com might be what you need, especially if you're starting out. Otherwise, WordPress.org and a hosting plan elsewhere will be the better bet to make.

My high school reunion is coming up. The class president assigned me the task of compiling an alumni directory with then-and-now photos, plus information on where each alumnus' life has gone in the 20 years since graduation.

Since the site is not meant to be updated once every alumni member has their profile online, and since it could be another 20 years before we come together once more, WordPress.com's free service felt like the way to go.

I'm a current user of WordPress.org, both for my own freelance portfolio site and with the handful of publications which use the self-hosted version of WordPress; thus, I'm familiar with how WordPress.com works.

WordPress.com review by <span>Igor N.</span>
Igor N.

"Content management is way easier with Wordpress"

What do you like best?

Easy content management, before wordpress every and any changes on the web were passed through the site admin, our new wordpress-based webpage (currently in beta) has many users with different roles thast can contribute to the content creation without the need to pass through the site admin, making its contents way more collaborative and easier to maintain.

What do you dislike?

Its resources-hungry and not very optimized out of the box, you do need a cache plugin and other optimizations in place to have an acceptable performance, as well as a good server, the cheaper server will probably not cut it for Wordpress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, most hosts have a 1-click installation and its really simple to setup

Mainly team content management instead of admin-only content creation, it does made the webpage management way simpler for us.

WordPress.com review by <span>Jackie B.</span>
Jackie B.

"Still the best CMS system out there: Free, SEO-Friendly & Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

We're constantly creating and market-testing demand. WordPress let's us do all of that in, literally in minutes. Every writer/blogger/creator/entrepreneur of any skill level can take their idea and put it out there for all the world to see using WordPress. (Then tweak what you've created based on results.

No need for the typical "20 extra steps" required doing that any other way that just wastes your valuable creative/revenue-generation time.

Here's just one of the many products we created,tweaked and now deliver to great demand, having started using Wordpress: https://creatingthefuturetoday.wordpress.com

What do you dislike?

Utopia would be that they offer upgrades for free too, then focus only on Ad revenues:) That *may* happen someday as their parent is Auttomatic, a nearly $2Billion dollar company

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the upgrades free too:)

After constantly testing every new website development product on the market (for years) we still found the same issues. We went back to WordPress every time!

WordPress.com review by <span>Андрей .</span>
Андрей .

"Millions of people trust WordPress"

What do you like best?

If you look, it's not a bad site builder. Great customization capabilities. A huge number of plugins at the same time, plus and minus. The free option is very poor. If you decide to stop your choice on Wordpress immediately think about buying the full version.

What do you dislike?

Quite expensive built-in themes. It happens that the theme really liked, but its layout is very bad and you have to change the whole theme. The interface is not very friendly, sometimes it takes a long time to look how to change something on the site. A huge number of plug-ins, some of them just duplicate each other's work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress is the most common option for a personal blog or a small website. Millions of people trust WordPress. The built-in themes are pretty good, but they are expensive. However, if you need a more professional or advanced tool, you can look for something else.

We needed WordPress to create a business card site for my company. At that time, WordPress had enough scope for us. Now we have a more advanced site on our hosting.

WordPress.com review by <span>Alejandro D.</span>
Alejandro D.

"WordPress a platform to create and manage web pages!"

What do you like best?

WordPress is a wonderful platform, in the company where I work from the beginning used this platform for the creation of your website. It is an important television channel in my country, therefore it must be at its best with the quality indexes on its website. Every day news, information, surveys, and several more visually pleasing options are created for the public that visits it. daily.

WordPress is very simple to use, its functions are very explicit and clear. As for its price, it is very accessible and in the long term it is beneficial for the budget of the company.

What do you dislike?

As for criticism, there are few that I have for WordPress, what disguises me many times is that when there is an electrical failure and the computer shuts down, the information that was writing at the time is lost, or when recovering it is not kept full .

I write informative news every day, to place the main image should help me to convert it to the size I want, without needing to be adapting it in another program of image editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have no technical knowledge, WordPress helps you a lot by facilitating the work of managing a web page, it has different templates that will improve the visual aspect of your page. This platform is wonderful for the daily update, I recommend it to all people or companies to be in the first places of popularity and credibility.

We must be in the first places to give informative news daily in my television company, when creating the news is wonderful for its ease of use, in our case, we have several people writing and creating news and in just a few days anyone You can be trained for its use.

Among the functions I do with WordPress, is to verify every information that is published, the page has some ads, I must cooperate videos and photos of the talents, among others.

WordPress.com review by <span>Federico A.</span>
Federico A.

"The best tool to manage a web page"

What do you like best?

WordPress seems to me an incredible tool, it is very easy and easy to use, I work managing the website of one of the largest and most recognized television media in my country, giving me the opportunity to create informative notes, place images and videos, modify the corporate image, among other features that must be updated to keep the website in a high position.

What do you dislike?

I do not have many complaints of WordPress, I learned to use it in a few days, but many times it tends to slow down and suddenly close, or due to some electrical or computer problem I think the informative notes that are written are saved as a draft to as I'm writing so that in case of any failure, it always stays there.

There are updates that make the WordPress interface blank, but the rest is very practical to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend with closed eyes to all people who do or work with updating, creation or modification of any web page, it is simple and easy to use, I in a week learned most of its functions, its interface is understandable to anyone since it is very explicit and clear. I am very happy using WordPress daily.

WordPress allows me to keep up to date with the web portal of the television channel where I work, every day I keep it updated with informative news that happen at the moment, besides placing images of the talents of the channel.

It has given me many benefits, like doing the work quickly, it helps me to correct, edit and modify texts, it is very beneficial to keep any web page updated.

WordPress.com review by <span>Alvaro R.</span>
Alvaro R.

"Excellent CMS to build websites"

What do you like best?

I always liked WordPress as constructor of websites, has the best templates and design for a professional website, has among its features the addition of add-ons to make improvements to your website. You have the ease of implementing comments or Chat for your Web page.

What do you dislike?

Wordpress does not dislike anything, it is very easy to have support at the time have some novelty with its function, on the web today there is enough content to solve any inconvenience that can be presented in this wonderful panel of websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend WordPress because this software is very easy to use when designing and implementing a professional Web page

With this tool you can simply boost your business as you will have a professional website and be able to capture customers for you. I have noticed that WordPress helps to maintain interaction with the public as we can make comments within the website and this is very well seen by customers.

WordPress.com review by <span>Cassandra D.</span>
Cassandra D.

"very professional for articles"

What do you like best?

I like using wordpress for blogging, it has a very professional demeanor and also very creative layouts that you can use. managing it is pretty easy and overall its a good hub to use for articles. If you are using it as a website host, they have an extremely easy to use interface. With plenty of options to use familiar plug ins.

What do you dislike?

In the past, compared to blogspot, it wasn't as customizable etc changing colors and fonts of every different thing. but they may have changed now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking to have a blog or website that is neat clean and direct, it is best to have it hosted by wordpress. It is very well put together and self explanatory, there is also a ton of help online with google for most questions you could think of.

in order to keep in contact with readers and giving more information and images of certain subjects, it can definitely help, especially since you can fall back on older articles.

WordPress.com review by <span>Ellie L.</span>
Ellie L.

"From big cartel to Wix to WP"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize my website with endless plug-ins and full access to CSS (if you know how to). You're also not limited to the design and you can change the interface anytime you want.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy for beginners who have on experiences with codes. The learning curve is a bit high for someone who's not familiar with wordpress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not want to keep paying monthly fee to service such as shopify or wix (I've used both), Wordpress is really your best option. Although the interface is not as easy and intuitive to new users, there're a lot of templates you can purchase. You can then hire someone who knows codes to modify the templates to the way you want it.

Although wix was good, I found the template was not good enough for me and I need a website builder that allows me to have fully control of what I want my website to look like.

WordPress.com review by <span>Annmarie W.</span>
Annmarie W.

"Wordpress is the best of really simple website builders"

What do you like best?

Wordpress allows you to use a variety of templates to create a website. In addition, it is easy to maintain, modify and improve. Also there is a huge number of plug-ins. For this reason, you can adapt your site to your style. Wordpress is very convenient, simple and understandable with simple navigation system. An important addition is that Wordpress is free.

What do you dislike?

I think Wordpress is not for beginners. Beginners can be difficult to understand right away. It has a large number of plug-ins that can be used for various purposes, but many of them require constant updating. Sometimes this can cause serious problems. It is not convenient for me to edit and publish on the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress allows you to quickly create sites with many features easily enough and edit your website remotely. And you do not need to hire a web designer when you need to update or edit. A good opportunity to save money. However, if you are new to designing sites, then perhaps the Wordpress is not the best option for you.

We have an perfect site and blogs with excellent navigation. WordPress allows us to create almost professional websites in a short time. WordPress helps us quickly and easily create or modify pages of our site.

WordPress.com review by <span>Joshua H.</span>
Joshua H.

"A great website building experience!"

What do you like best?

I love the Wordpress UI. It is so easy to navigate and find exactly what I'm looking for. Everything looks very clean and polished, making for a great experience every time I log on. I love the wide range of templates that Wordpress offers, both free and premium. The plugin selection is pretty amazing as well. Usually no matter what I'm trying to accomplish with my website, I can find a plugin that allows me to do it. The customer services is great as well. Anytime I've had a question, the customer service team at Wordpress has responded to me quickly and with a great demeanor, helping me understand in simple terms how to do what I need to do.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I dislike about Wordpress. Sometimes if I want to accomplish something, I don't always know exactly where to begin, but usually I can find an answer or a plugin I need to get the job done after a few minutes of searching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool to build and maintain your website if you are cool with hosting through a third party and are willing to learn the skills Wordpress requires to operate at full functionality.

Wordpress makes it easy to get information out to potential clients, and allows me to make a great website experience for those clients who return to it often. Having a professional-looking website that loads quickly and works seamlessly gives such a good impression to potential clients.

WordPress.com review by <span>Aly M.</span>
Aly M.

"Wordpress is an affordable way to start a blog or website"

What do you like best?

Wordpress' strength is the number of diverse themes that you can install for free. It is easy to try them on for size with the content that you've already generated. Some of them are customizable beyond their initial design. There are hundreds of plug-ins that you can use to further customize your site and help you achieve the results that you need.

What do you dislike?

I think some of the themes look outdated. Since I am not a website designer, I am unable to create my own website, so I rely on their free themes. You can upgrade to nicer/more polished website themes if you'd like. I also think that the back-end of wordpress is difficult to understand at first. It is not as user-friendly or polished as squarespace, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress is a great option for bloggers and small business owners. You might want to consider taking an online course or watching youtube videos on how to use Wordpress to build a quality website.

I currently use Wordpress to promote myself as a cook, writer, and blogger. I am benefitting from the smooth look and feel of my website!

WordPress.com review by <span>Nuno C.</span>
Nuno C.

"One of the best supportive tools for creating websites"

What do you like best?

It's highly customizable and have dozens of widgets. One of the best blogging interfaces out there. It has more than 100 free themes and gives bloggers a lot of control.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy for a beginner to start with wordpress.com, it has some learning curve. You need to invest in learning how it works before you can do some more advanced things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress.com is a free blogging platform and hosting service that is ideal for bloggers at all levels of experience. You need to invest a little of time to learn what you can do and not. I recommend to start with the free plan, and when you start to grow to buy a domain name and associate it to your wordpress account. Also, has things get serious to you (grow) a paid plan could be a optimal solution.

With wordpress.com I have a free blogging platform that allows me a lot of flexibility. I can start a blog in no time, and I can do all kinds of thing to customize it at my taste. One of the benefits is the fact that is free, and has a lot of themes and widgets build by an awesome community.

WordPress.com review by <span>Hemantha C.</span>
Hemantha C.

"Best (Expensive) Thing that has happened to Bloggers!! "

What do you like best?

WordPress offers outstanding Stability - It's the most reliable website hosting and content management system there is. The templates are very easy to choose and they offer great customization. The setup is also quite simple for those even with no previous experience.

What do you dislike?

The Service is worse - You've to google any error or help you need on your website. Also, the speed is sometimes low - quite often with interruptions in loading media on your website.Premium Hosting and Mapping the domain if you own one - is extremely expensive. If you want to increase your storage at some point - you have to shell out a lot of bucks. The quality of plugins are very much low - even though there are many developers who work on this Open Source

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are fine with having the "wordpress.com" tail for your website - WordPress is the best thing to use. While not the exceptional web hosting service in the niche, WordPress is a great choice if you are just looking for a simple and easy-to-use hosting. There is no better option for free hosting - until and unless you reach the point where you need more features - WordPress becomes very expensive

As a personal blogger and as at work - I and my company both use WordPress for hosting the websites. WordPress pretty much solves our regular hassles by making User addition easier. Designing web pages and writing content is unlikely to cumbersome because - it's open source and anyone can customize according to their own needs.

WordPress.com review by <span>Raegan F.</span>
Raegan F.

"Rather Difficult to Use"

What do you like best?

The customization features and the available layouts are nice. There are several options to choose from that cover a wide range of business or site types. Its a very simplified form of customizing in some ways by giving you a pre built layout where you can just fill in the blanks. The price is in line and comparable to other hosting sites.

What do you dislike?

Its a very difficult to customize in several ways. Its hard to find how to change many things. Its really a pain in the tush to attempt to change anything. There are much easier options out there. Its a shame that someone as large as WordPress cant have an easier platform to use for website building. We swapped host sites and actually built a new site in less than an hour that was far superior to anything we've attempted to build with WordPress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress isn't a bad site altogether and does offer some good options. However, there are easier host sites out there that are easier to build and maintain.

We have used WordPress to build our company website so that we have a better online presence. Its helpful to be able to refer patients to a website that has all of our information available in one place including paperwork and what all we do.

WordPress.com review by <span>Michael N.</span>
Michael N.

"Really Simply to use and maintain "

What do you like best?

I love Wordpress. First of all it's free. There are all sorts of plugins to make your life easy. You can use their templates to build a website, and then add plugins to modify and make it better. Plugins are like showing your tweets on your homepage automatically, or an SEO plugin to help with SEO. Most of the plugins are free. Also, there are tons of developers out there to help if you want to pay someone. Finally, I love how easy it is to maintain. You can just go in, search for the page you want to update, make your changes, preview them, and then post it. It is so so easy. You'll love it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the instructions are a little cryptic and they encourage you to do your own backups before an automatic update. I would love it if they would back up your site before they update it. Also, not all the plugins work after an update. So you really have to pay attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had someone else develop our site, and now we maintain it. If something big or complex comes up we go back to the developer to fix it. It is really easy to make changes though.

I think the biggest benefit is the awareness factor. Everyone needs a website, and Wordpress just makes it easy to build and maintain. Even if someone else builds it, you can maintain it. You don't give up control. I hated having to call someone everytime I wanted to update the site.

WordPress.com review by <span>Jenn C.</span>
Jenn C.

"Easy out of the box use"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is very user friendly and intuitive - I can teach someone else how to post to the blog without too much trouble.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more customization options and that it was just as intuitive to make those changes. I often find myself trying to google how to make the tweaks I am looking for to customize and improve my website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing a full evaluation of your goals. If you are looking for an out of the box easy solution, Wordpress would work for you. However, if you are looking to be able to customize things and make changes along the way, you might be better off exploring other venues.

We use WordPress to host our brand's blog, where we provide articles in an effort to gain brand awareness and build our reputation as thought leaders. We do not use this as our main website. The benefit of WordPress is that it is an inexpensive way to accomplish these goals.

WordPress.com review by <span>YoYo F.</span>
YoYo F.

"Wordpress.com is one of the best free website builders."

What do you like best?

It's basically wordpress.org but online. And is really inexpensive. By far the most inexpensive out of the popular web builders (Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, etc). It also has great SEO and a good amount of themes. It does take some time to get used to and changing themes and designing is a bit more of a pain, unlike with Squarespace and Weebly and Wix which all use around the same style of drag and drop onto rows.

What do you dislike?

You couldn't use plugins with wordpress.com unlike with wordpress.org, but now that they finally integrate it in, you have to pay more for it. Another negative is that in order to use your own domain, you have to pay extra for it even if you already own the domain and just need to connect it. It's newer UI that it's slowly transitioning into is a pain in the butt. Because it lacks a lot of features that the old UI has yet it forces you to go through to the old UI and doesn't have any links from the new UI dashboard to the old UI. You have to go to yourwebsite.url/wp-admin in order to access it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going for cheap website builder with a good reputation and have a possibility of switching off to your own self hosted website, you should def consider wordpress.com. It makes wordpress.org which most people who own websites inevitably switch to much easier. You won't have to relearn the UI.

Creating websites on the fly fast that is also SEO friendly and ranks well on Google. Also it being wordpress.com means an easier transition and export into wordpress.org both data wise and UI wise. You won't have to relearn the UI.

WordPress.com review by <span>Cliff T.</span>
Cliff T.

"Possibility for publishing from anywhere."

What do you like best?

Very comfortable and effective solution for creation and control of sites. Hundreds of ready-made themes help me to create an uncommon website. I like that I have maximum info about my readers. Wonderful access to the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Thanks that I don't have problems with using that software. I'm happy with everything that I'm working on. I hope that I will not receive any problems with using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect software which will give the beautiful and creative for making the best site for you. The set up is simple for everyone. Great sharing system with your information with a social media. I'm sure you will like that platform.

Our working days become easier. With WordPress.com have the chance to create sites of any kind of type. We have the ability to make changes to our site if we needed. Everything that we create everything belongs just to us.

WordPress.com review by <span>Tamara T.</span>
Tamara T.

"WordPress is search-engine friendly!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy hosting my website on WordPress. It is a free software to use, you don't have to pay monthly membership dues for it. We use a plugin tool called Cornerstone too in combination with Wordpress to make the website look gorgeous. So, you can use specific plugins to amplify design. I also, love that it is SEO friendly and that it can handle the video files we place on it from Youtube and Vimeo.

What do you dislike?

There was a learning curve in the beginning but, I have the hang of it now. It took a few weeks to really understand what I was doing. However, there are PLENTY of tutorials and you can basically teach yourself everything that you need to know just by Googling the web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give WordPress a try, you won't regret it. It offers a lot of freedom and flexibility to build out a site that you truly love AND a site that has the functionality you need!

We didn't have a website up for the longest time. Now, we have an attractive site and I am able to plug in SEO and rank higher in Google now. So, I really love how search-engine friendly Wordpress is. I love that you can easily see how well your SEO is using the Yoast plugin. I'm constantly measuring my keywords utilizing this tool.

WordPress.com review by <span>Thomas N.</span>
Thomas N.

"Great Platform for SMBs"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and ease of the system for admins and editors, and how compatible it is with other plug-ins or APIs that allow a developer to step in and help make big changes to the site's performance or compatibility without a lot of prior experience. I love the open community and resources for help. Security is also strong. We have not had any problems with site security with the platform, and appreciate the consistent and regular patches and upgrades that keep things running smooth.

What do you dislike?

Overall I think the UI of the backend could be improved. I wish it had a more intuitive and streamlined interface for managing page content. With two vertical sidebars on the right and left, the columns and rows sections you edit in the middle of the screen can get too squished when you're editing multiple pieces of content in the same area of the page.

We needed a platform that provided our team with greater flexibility when it comes to editing content. Our previous website had been built on a proprietary CMS that was extremely rigid, and wasn't even being supported by our development company any longer. We made the decision to move to Wordpress because it offered us a flexible and customizable platform, which greatly improved the user experience on our website, while also making it easy for non-technical users to go into the backend and make adjustments to copy or page content, or even crate pages, with little to no development resources.

WordPress.com review by <span>Lukas G.</span>
Lukas G.

"Easy way to get it on screen"

What do you like best?

It is currently the easiest and best way of getting your content on the screen. Easy to set up, easy to navigate, no web development experience needed, although additional code like CSS can be added manually. Wordpress provides a great variety of plugins and custom themes, some free to use. Most of the themes cost 50 euros or under and some of the key plugins are around 20 euros a piece. In other words, for less than 100 euros anyone can build and develop their own business or personal website.

What do you dislike?

Having some experience in creating a custom WP theme, I acknowledged that it can be tricky and in some instances illogical when coding when comparing to regular HTML developing. In other words, the structure is not fully clear. In addition, some of the plugins may cause your site to crash partially or completely, thus constant backup is advisable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend WordPress.com for anyone who is looking to developing their business or personal website by themselves or are on a tight budget. Start by choosing the most suitable theme, I would advise looking for themes that provide additional free plugins. Best plugins to use from the beginning: WP Visual Composer, YOAST SEO and JetPack for WP.

Currently, I am using WP as a website and social networks traffic boost in order to increase business visibility and revenues. Have realized that it works well with prebuilt SEO tools that are simple to use.

WordPress.com review by <span>Britni B.</span>
Britni B.

"Big journey with WordPress"

What do you like best?

Oh, I loved that product too much.The Very easy way to use.So much nice design.Always working with relaxing on contents.To say that I don't have questions about, I can but I always have so helpful support.

What do you dislike?

Honest nothing to dislike.So big platform and very great work with it. More pleasure to know and to use it.In working days big helper.My favorite one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So As I said very easy to use. Just with a click, you will create your web and you can change something that you need nicely.Always will see information about your users. They have great support as online, email. they help fast.Very nice to know that you can use with all different devices.

Help me to create a web and to make it so perfect and easy to understand. The Very great thing that I can watch all works which I did on my phone.So as you see my work can be everywhere not just an office.

WordPress.com review by <span>Tushar P.</span>
Tushar P.

"WordPress the Blog and website Builder"

What do you like best?

Now a days the requirement of blogs and website building is being increased day by day. As the people meets now and then the requirement of building the websites for there personal use or for the companies they are pursuing through. Before two years our company was started at the bottom level named Piersen Blue. We want someone to built our website using HTML coding and at that time I was not aware about the Wordpress website builder but my friend addressed me about the software which helps to build the blogs and website too and that to using drag and drop system. I was excited about the Wordpress.com. As there was no software before it which was used to make website using drag and drop system. It makes very very easy for the company. It has paid version too so that the wordpress which is present in the website name can be removed and we can use it and do as we wish. This was somewhat exciting and we built our own website by using the wordpress software and we purchased the paid version for one year to check the software but the software was really awesome after usage of it. It is hard to first learn the high level programming and then code the website which makes the wordpress easy to built.

What do you dislike?

One drawback is that, As all the codes are available online the hacker can easily down the website and second drawback I felt was the speed of opening and closing of website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that if your company is a low budget company then you can easily use this software to bulid your website by drag and drop sysytem. Thank you

Yes as our company is a low budget company. We can easily make the webiste using the wordpress and take the paid version which is quite cheap in price. That's the actual reason why our company has got some benefits.

WordPress.com review by <span>Abby B.</span>
Abby B.

"Easily Build, Customize and Update Your Website"

What do you like best?

The best thing about WordPress is all of the Plugins that integrate with it to help those people who don't know advanced code or are not developers. My favorite is the PageBuilder Plugin, which allows you to customize the layout of your website with no knowledge of HTML or CSS.

What do you dislike?

WordPress is not super intuitive at first. You have to play around with it for a while to get the hang of it. Sometimes it's trial and error--but there's a lot of documentation out there so an end user, like me, can easily post to the blog or update images on the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great place to build your website!

WordPress has allowed us to easily make updates to our website with no use of a developer. We can easily change the layout, the copy or add in pop ups or forms! Our company is constantly adding new products or changing our messaging strategy, and the fact that the marketing team can just update the website without going through a team of people helps our business stay ahead.

WordPress.com review by <span>MUDIT S.</span>
MUDIT S.

"A FASCINATING IDEA"

What do you like best?

WORDPRESS, well as far as my views on this amazing product are concerned I'd I am very moved by the idea itself but on the top of that talking about the various functionalities and features it provides, it is indeed an fantastic product or website whatever you'd like to call it. It has very interactive Graphical User Interface and many fantastic and amazing pre-made templates which are definitely a plus point. WordPress can increase your reach to the millions and billions of internet users and would help you to grow your idea or business as you never seen before.

What do you dislike?

well, I have been using this product for a very long time now and believe me on this that till this date I haven't found any feature or any aspect of it that I may dislike.

Cheers WordPress Team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and see the change for yourselves and for sure you'd love it.

We're working on a project called "E-Governance for Public Relations" and using WordPress so that we can take advice and ideas from millions of interested internet users online has helped us a lot in improving the quality of out product.

Thumps Up WordPress.

WordPress.com review by <span>VIVEK S.</span>
VIVEK S.

"EXTREMELY AMAZING AND JOVIAL TO WORK WITH"

What do you like best?

WORDPRESS, as far as my views on this exceptional product or website are concerned, I'd say this is just BRILLIANT in terms of the features and functionalities it possess. Further I am quite moved by the concept itself, with WordPress you cab reach out to the millions and share your ideas as well as flourish your business or whatsoever change you want to bring about in this world. And not to mention with the inculcation of very interactive Graphical User Interface it's just amazing and jovial to work with.

What do you dislike?

Well, I've using this product for years now, and believe me folks till date I haven't found anything or anything aspect of it to dislike or disagree with while on the other hand I am quite moved by the concept itself.

A big thanks to WordPress Team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an amazing product or concept for that matter but believe me people inculcate WordPress into your business or idea and definitely going to see the positive change and that is for sure.

Well, we are running an NGO to help and inspire people to help the needful and save this world form the extincting humanity. And with the inculcation of the WordPress we've came online and drastically improved our reach to the the millions and millions of the internet users.

WordPress.com review by <span>Molly F.</span>
Molly F.

"Easy Blogging Platform to Customize How You Need"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is exceptionally user-friendly. Any question or problem you have, there is a vast collection of responses, forums, and tools to solve your website woes. Relying on one of the top-used site platforms is smart to ensure your website always has access to the smartest, simplest upgrades or tweaks.

The plugins, in particular, are phenomenal; it's great to use a product that allows your marketing team to maintain everything from smart SEO practices and simplify URL tracking and redirects to audience readability and Facebook comments plugins. On top of that, it's easy to customize the blog to match your existing website OR build your website directly from Wordpress.com!

What do you dislike?

Some of the interfaces can feel outdated or confusing, especially as you're getting used to it. It's easy to assume where different components should live intuitively, but that may not align with how Wordpress has things set up.

That said, the "best" feature of Wordpress shines: the forums and resources to help you find the right answers or know how to access certain tools are out there, just one google search away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress.com can be exactly what you need it to be, especially with a bit of coding or marketing experience! Be sure to utilize the plugins to make your account the best for your purpose.

Our businesses are using Wordpress for their blogging platform, then integrating it into their websites. This integration makes it really easy to utilize the endless amazing, beneficial tools that marketers, writers, and web-developers need to produce well-trafficked content.

WordPress.com review by <span>Dérick S.</span>
Dérick S.
Organization Invite" ue="tooltip">Validated Reviewer

"Great website building, but still need improvement"

What do you like best?

The articles, websites and blogs creation is great even though it needs improvements. It makes blogs' articles and websites creation easier. There are many ways to build up what you want coding, drag and drop as well as simply writing what you want.

What do you dislike?

WordPress' interface isn't intuitive is hard to understand and, furthermore, it's difficult to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering all options. WordPress is great to create a blog and a website. However, it is not for everyone and you should consider other options. Based on your needs and knowledge of technology, another option could be better.

We used Inbound Marketing and a big part of this strategy is to create content for our users. We had to create a blog and have decided to go with the WordPress blog builder (and also website builder). The benefit was to be self-hosted, be able to create our content ourselves and deploy it on our website.

WordPress.com review by <span>Gabriel D.</span>
Gabriel D.

"Powerful site engine"

What do you like best?

it's a pleasure to create sites on this platform. WordPress is deservedly considered the best content management system because of its simplicity and extensibility of plug-ins. Plugins are a separate story. They are for every taste and at any price. Just a huge selection of plug-ins, install a plug-in and voila, you have a lot of new features.

What do you dislike?

The incredible choice of plug-ins raises the problem of choice. Sometimes you just do not know what it's better to install, plugin X or plugin U. This is the biggest problem in my opinion for all time usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best CMS, trusted by millions of users and different ratings.

I created and maintain an internal website for company news with a knowledge base. It is created by the beginner, serves for beginners and is filled by beginners too. This is our sandbox before launching public projects.

WordPress.com review by <span>vivek t.</span>
vivek t.

"A GREAT BUSINESS BOOSTER"

What do you like best?

Its easy to inculcate in, and the interface and facilities provided by WordPress.com along with the tools to manipulate and present your business idea is just amazing and jovial to work with at the same time.

It will give access to your choice of username with ease to use features to present your business model to million of users on the internet.

What do you dislike?

I have been using WordPress for quite a long time now and till date I haven't found any feature or functionality that I may dislike, on the other hand it will give your business a great boost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grab WordPress.com and give your business a exposure to million internet users and finally you will see your business flourishing.

We are actually providing hostel facilities to the students in need with very affordable prices as we already have tied up and have signed deal with hostel owners and in the way taking our idea online with WordPress.com has given our startup a great exposure and boost as well.

WordPress.com review by <span>bhanu s.</span>
bhanu s.

"website and blogs at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

If you want to leave your footprints on internet, WordPress is the word. Its simple, opensource and free.

It offers lot of services be it blog, website or a portfolio. It also offers you way to create your website for selling your goods.

Best part about WordPress is, it offers lot of schemes to choose from, for students, mid merchants or for high profile. It also provides lot of templates and functionalities.

you can use it to share ideas, or gather it from others. It provide one place for all innovations.

Creating you page is very easy, just few clicks here and there and you go, your website or blog is ready in minute.

WordPress GUI is also ten on ten. You can handle you blogs, sites smoothly without any hassle, which makes it stand out from its other competitors.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any reasons to dislike WordPress.

It offers all solution and for free, what more can I ask for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend all to use this site for their website creation purpose, its free and other plans are also reasonable.

Its GUI is simplistic and easy to work in. You can master in using WordPress in few hours.

Big thumps up to the WordPress team and their team.

To share ideas we have started using WordPress and from its first use we have become its fan.

We have created solution gathering sites for our research work.

WordPress.com review by <span>Jennifer P.</span>
Jennifer P.

"The biggest, and possbily the best"

What do you like best?

WordPress.com is one of the older free hosting solutions still available, and it shows, but not in a bad way. Their storage space is among the best available, and their bandwidth and file size limits are both unlimited. If needed, you can upgrade to a paid plan which offers even more storage space, the removal of ads, and quite a few other great features.

What do you dislike?

MY only real problem with is the pricing for the plans, although I've never even had reason to use a paid plan. The "personal" paid plan is current $4 a month, but billed all at once, yearly. While I would gladly pay $4 a month for the added features and abilities, I'm a bit turned off to the $48 price tag for something I don't make much if any money off of in return.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take a look at some of the other options, such as Wix, if you're looking for something entry level that a beginner could use. If you intend to use it for anything that might see potentially high traffic or requiring file hosting, have a look at WordPress.com and maybe some of its paid account plans.

Website hosting is pretty much essential to any attempts at branding in the modern age. An internet presence pretty much means you're at least attempting to take what you do seriously, and can be immensely informative for any potential audience or customers. Being able to have things such as business hours and contact information in a publicly available place makes it that much easier to drive up business.

WordPress.com review by <span>Austin I.</span>
Austin I.

"100% Must Have Tool!"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is the standard when it comes to building effective websites. Unlike other services out there, WordPress is 100% open-source and free. With thousands of amazing developers contributing to different plugins, templates, and features, WordPress allows people like me with no coding knowledge to build an effective site.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! Wordpress is my go-to platform for myself and my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the money on buying a great theme with demo content. Then import demo content to build your website to look like exactly what you viewed. From there change out as needed.

A fast, mobile friendly, website is a must for any personal brand or business. You can not expect to win while not having a website. 100% of people will research you before doing business or hiring you. Therefore having an effective presence online has become as critical to today's modern world as a college education.

WordPress.com review by <span>Abby A.</span>
Abby A.

"Needed something simple and inexpensive to build the help site I needed!"

What do you like best?

The themes, templates, and setup are incredibly helpful in getting the right views setup to ensure my site aligns with our company website. The ability to configure and template are very useful for getting just what I need.

What do you dislike?

Because my wordpress sites behind a secured site, the email/contact us does not work and I do not want to pay more for another add-on. The theme I have also does not allow me to clone a page, so I have a lot of templates which can make things a bit confusing.

I needed to build out a help site for our customers that matched our private site that didn't cost thousands. Wordpress can be managed by someone without coding skills, you just need to have an attention to detail and the ability to figure things out. It is exactly what we needed!

WordPress.com review by <span>vivek g.</span>
vivek g.

"AMAZING PLATFORM FOR PRESENTING YOUR IDEAS"

What do you like best?

WordPress, as far as my views on this product are concerned this is an exceptional product in terms of all the features and functionalities it possesses. I've been using this for quite a long time now and one word that I have for this product is just "BRILLIANT".

I am quite moved by the concept and with the functionalities as well, also you can reach out to millions and billions of internet users to share your ideas or grow and nourish your business whatsoever. And not to mention, with the involvement of the very interactive graphical user interface it's just feels amazing and jovial to work with.

A big Thumps Up from my side.!!

What do you dislike?

As I've said I've been using "WordPress" for a very long time now and believe me folks I've not able to find any factor or aspect for disliking it till date..

Cheers..!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it once and you'll love it for sure..

I am currently working on a project called " Cloud Security" and is building a website regarding the same.

WordPress has helped us in pitching ideas from all around the globe to find solutions regarding the problems we face nowadays in maintaining Cloud Security.

WordPress.com review by <span>VIVEK G.</span>
VIVEK G.

"FANTASTIC PLATFORM CHANGING IDEAS INTO REALITY"

What do you like best?

WordPress, I mean it's an amazing, fantastic and highly functional product and indeed its has changed my life for good. I am quite moved by the idea itself and as far as this product "WordPress" is concerned it is already is on the pinnacle of the functionalities it possesses as compared to others in the same league.

It's an standout product or I'd rather say a flagship one in the current league.

It's a platform that enables you to reach out to the millions and billions of the internet users all around the world, so that they can pitch their or do business whatsoever, making this world a great place.

cheers!! WordPress team...

What do you dislike?

Believe me on this account I am using it since quite long and till date never found anything about it that I may have been disliked. Its just brilliant.

A Big Thumps from my side to the WordPress team...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Believe me folks, just use it once and you'll love it.

cheers!!.

I am currently working on the project in purview of DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization) in the field of "Aviation Defence" to be exact, particularly with regard to the security aspect of it.

So WordPress has allowed me to reach out to the million, so that the interested ones can pitch their ideas regarding the same, hence helping this project along the way.

WordPress.com review by <span>Carlie I.</span>
Carlie I.

"User-friendly, great interface"

What do you like best?

I like that WordPress gives me the ability to control and edit our company's website without having to ask our web developers to make these edits every time. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly. The outline layout makes it easy to see how the website will be structured, especially when adding new pages into the site. WordPress makes managing our website easy.

What do you dislike?

I do have some problems with the "featured images" on our blog posts. When I share our website blog posts to our Facebook, the featured image will not be pulled over. It can be confusing to tell the difference between the pages versus the posts, but that may just be attributed to our specific website theme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like to take a hands-on approach to your website, WordPress is great. The software is user-friendly, intuitive, and makes it easy to edit our website in just minutes. I would recommend it to anyone who needs or wants to manage their own website.

WordPress provides me with the tools I need to keep our website updated. I can edit our website to showcase our new procedures and technologies in just a few minutes. The medical community is always changing and improving, so it is great to be able to keep our website up-to-date easily. Overall, a great program and I would recommend it to anyone managing their own website.

WordPress.com review by <span>Harpreet P.</span>
Harpreet P.

"Wordpress.com is good for beginners, but i would recommend self hosted word press"

What do you like best?

- It’s free for up to 3GB of space

- My Site section is great— the page editor is beautiful and it’s simple to understand. Pages and blog posts are created using a WYSIWYG editor (so not a drag-and-drop visual interface, which many users may prefer). Fortunately the WYSIWYG editor is very nicely done

- Wordpress.com has a wide selection of themes— both free and premium. Most themes are nice— sophisticated and modern

What do you dislike?

no inbuilt e-commerce tools. Instead it allows you to connect to 3rd party services such as Shopify or Ecwid— which is not ideal. If you want ecommerce find a website builder who offers an fully-integrated solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need extra features like ecommerce and newsletter.

Wordpress.com is a simple CMS used for building websites online. Wordpress.com is a service built on-top of Wordpress that tries to offer a website builder experience on top of the Wordpress CMS— to mixed results.

WordPress.com review by <span>Alejandro C.</span>
Alejandro C.

"WORDPRESS ALLOWS YOU TO BUILD A WONDERFUL BLOG TO EARN A BIT OF MONEY"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is the best free tool I´ve found for creating a blog in a few seconds. The thing I like the most about Wordpress is that I only need to click on the control panel, create a name for a new blog post, add some content, and I have a new post to share: moreover, I can use this new content to add links so that my readers can click on them and I receive a commission as an affiliate for the products and services I recommend! I´m amazed at how easy to use Wordpress is, because with a few clicks, I can also change completely the look and layout of my website in just seconds. I´m neither a web designer nor a web developer, and I´m proud to say that I still can create a nice blog website in a matter of seconds in a smart way with Wordpress.

What do you dislike?

The thing I don´t like at all about Wordpress is that I get lots of spam comments and registrations to my blog every single day. I think it´s sad that there are people who want to hurt you without even knowing who you are. I think that wordpress should take care of this by increasing their security algorithm or something like that. Also, it´s not cool that you have to pay a monthly price if you want a few more features or a domain name. It would be great if Wordpress allowed their users to connect an existing domain without having to pay more, because this would add more flexibility to current Wordpress fans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, give us the option to connect our existing domains without having to pay a monthly subscription price, because I think this will earn you a lot more fans than you already have. Besides that, I think you´re offering a great product, just keep up with the good work.

I make my own income at home from different personal sources, such as blogging and recommending products and services, this is what I do for a living. For this, I need a blog so that my friends and acquaintances (and other people) get my weekly comments and recommendations. Wordpress allows me to easily do this in an easy way, and that´s the reason why Wordpress helps break the barriers between my readers and me.

WordPress.com review by <span>Amy P.</span>
Amy P.

"For anyone to use, no matter your level of experience. "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. You can pick themes that are somewhat customizable if you're not skilled enough to create your own, or you can have free range and design your own pages. Apps can be imported to your site to help with different features or functions, which helps when there are features you don't know how to set up yourself.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit of trial and error. There are some quirks when it comes to page formatting. Something as simple as a photo size can throw off your whole page, and you'll just have to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to host your own site and you haven't done so before, WordPress is a good option for you to get basic experience setting up a site. It's pretty easy to use and can be super cheap to set up your site. Support is usually pretty quick if you need it as well. Solid option for newcomers and those with more experience, too.

It's relatively inexpensive if you need it to be. You can register your own domain or use a custom Wordpress URL to keep costs down.

WordPress.com review by <span>Amie Z.</span>
Amie Z.

"It's Okay, I don't recommend building a real website through it"

What do you like best?

I like that it's similar to wordpress.org as in, if you blog using WordPress normally, building a WordPress site is very similar. It's generally user-friendly and easy to find solutions to problems.

What do you dislike?

Even if it's easy to find a solution, it doesn't mean the solution is easy. I absolutely hate the fact that I cannot change the size of font when editing (I can use headings or paragraph, that's it. It might be our template, but I'm not changing our website template to find out...). You have to manually write the code for each line of text. It's so tedious (I know how to write code and it's dumb that you have to do this on a wordpress site). That's my biggest issue. And if you change the font size manually, you also have to change the line spacing because it gets very messed up. Also, changing the size of the font somehow makes it so that the site isn't mobile friendly - real fun stuff.... All in all, the site is not the greatest. Wix was much more user-friendly but couldn't do everything we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away. Go through a website development company and find another option that fits you.

We needed a better website than we had. Now, we are moving on from wordpress..

WordPress.com review by <span>Kelly S.</span>
Kelly S.

"WordPress - Easy for all Levels of Users"

What do you like best?

Compared to past content management programs, WordPress by far has come to the forefront of user-friendly. I can immediately find the page I need or want to edit. It tells me when updates need to happen. And its pretty self-explanatory to add widgets or there's plenty of self-help videos if you have issues. They even have great options for being a mobile website as well through widgets or through the use of responsive templates.

What do you dislike?

The editor on the media seems to not work most of the time. Not sure if that's the browser I'm using or the version I'm using, but its the only thing that doesn't work. It just either sits and spins or can't display the image in the editor. I can change the image size but not crop or edit colors on it. Also I wish when typing they had more options to change the font other than having to do so in the html side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you just buy a template to use on Wordpress, its better than not having a website at all. Templates have really come a long way in being able to mode to your needs along with being able to personalize to your color and logo.

This completely makes managing our own website doable. Instead of having to pay someone every time we want to make a change, add a page, or add a news update, we can easily do it ourselves.

WordPress.com review by <span>Jessica E. T.</span>
Jessica E. T.

"Why use anything else"

What do you like best?

WordPress is the standard in website design and building, but it's the plugins, flexibility, and ease of use of the interface that really makes it. The open-source community is a great resource for learning and troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

While the plugins are great (and provided by third parties), they're also the downfall. Some don't get updated for years and are security risks as a result, while others are simply not compatible with certain versions of WP. It would be great if WP could notify these third parties of potential issues to encourage these plugins to be the best they can be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress is not for the novice user. If you have basic knowledge of websites and some understanding of coding/programming languages, you'll have a much easier time working with the platform.

If you're resourceful, much of what you need to do is available on forums. There are lots of YouTube tutorials out there as well.

It allows us to have a website that meets our needs, and that's easily updatable with our internal staff.

WordPress.com review by <span>john w.</span>
john w.

"Not as simple as i would have liked in the particular case, our target plugin did not work."

What do you like best?

wordpress has a vast user supported community, so help can be found. there are a wide assortment of plugins that lend functionality to non-coders to build very function rich websites. wordpress has grown to much more than just a blogging platform and at times can be a website production solution for businesses. the learning curve is more relative to field of prior experience rather than ability to learn the interface. i spent more time unlearning than learning, coming from the background of coding and also WYSIWYG editors.

What do you dislike?

third-party plugins do not undergo screening for usability. claimed features are not as straightforward as samples would have you believe. we were in the market for a solution to tie in to MLS listing for a realtor. the plugins we planned to use were not actually workable within our country, and it took getting fully involved in the plugin before that information was discoverable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

before you commit to the platform for a project, try out the plugins you plan to use beforehand in a test environment.

wordpress allows entities to pursue advanced website functionality without heavy coding experience, that is not found in other WYSIWYG editors. with a relatively small learning curve, designers can build content in fraction of the time that other platforms facilitate. wordpress can be helpful provided you test your planned plugins prior to committing to the project.

WordPress.com review by <span>Alberto L.</span>
Alberto L.

"WordPress for Small Business - a review"

What do you like best?

One of the best CMS and website building platforms that offer both flexibility and ease of use. Whether you have a web development team or if you are the IT team, WordPress offers something for everyone.

What do you dislike?

Committing to a template can lock you in if you don't have the option to make changes on the fly. If you're going with a third-party vendor to build your site within WordPress, make sure you know the ins and outs of their template. If you're building websites for small businesses, please be sure to explain the pitfalls of custom templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, most of your favorite websites are running on the platform. There's really no other product readily available with the kind of support, developer community, and just ease of use available. Outside of a Wix or Squarespace deployment - this is probably the best option if you plan on growing your site and site's capabilities.

Currently using WordPress to house our webpage and provide information for various safety training courses. The initial goal was to build a platform that would allow us to better integrate online registrations - we've not only solidified our online registration process but helped build an online brand that just wasn't possible before moving the website to WordPress.

WordPress.com review by <span>Andrew S.</span>
Andrew S.

"Incredibly Robust, but not the Best for Beginners"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can make your Wordpress website from a HUGE selection of templates they (mostly) offer for free. The dashboard provides an excellent user experience with a simple overview of everything the basic user would like to know about their site (analytics, etc.) Within the dashboard, the blogging (post) section is fantastic - incredibly intuitive with customizable html if you need it, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

If you're new to website design, but want your site and specific pages to look a very certain way - good luck. Wordpress is definitely not for beginners in regards to this particular scenario. There's a vast array of plugins you can utilize for everything from search engine optimization to lead forms and more, but many require constant updating. This definitely isn't the biggest hassle in the world, but it is one other thing you have to pay attention to if you're consistently maintaining your site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In general, I'd say go for it. If you have a small business or blog, Wordpress.com offers plenty of customizable themes to make your site stand out from the rest. Additionally, there are a ton of plugins to choose from, so you can easily optimize your seo, monitor site analytics and more. If you're looking to build a bigger, more robust site, make sure you or someone on your team is very familiar with web development (html, css, java), or you'll encounter some hurdles.

Our much-better web development team likes the ease and convenience of being able to update content in real time as opposed to requesting them from an outsourced team or something of the like. We've realized we can save a lot of time and money by building a site with Wordpress in-house as opposed to outsourcing it to a third party. You (or your team) just have to have the talent and time to build and maintain a site like this.

WordPress.com review by <span>Jacob J.</span>
Jacob J.

"Great Web-Hosting Site!"

What do you like best?

I like how user-friendly the setup is. A couple of years ago I decided to take over control of my website and switched to using Wordpress. I chose a template that I enjoyed and proceeded to edit the content and link everything together. I am very satisfied with the result. The statistics that Wordpress provides are handy to have as well.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations that I found annoying at first such as not being able to post custom HTML code. They also did an awful update recently that does not allow you to edit picture dimensions after uploading them to your file space. In order to work around it, I have been editing the size of pictures beforehand. It was a feature that made it really nice when wanting to keep the sizes of pictures in a blog post consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a user friendly, cheap or free web hosting solution then WordPress is worth a look. I've also heard that Wix is a good option to look at too. I had never heard of Wix at the time or I would have probably done a better comparison between the two. The main investment that I have put into WordPress, is time, but even that hasn't been too bad.

Wordpress solves the problem of me having a home on the web for my writing. The benefit has paid off literal dividends. I have links on the site where customers can buy my books directly or link to resellers such as Amazon in order to get them. It also helps me keep customers up to date on current works or just with things that I find interesting which they may in turn find interesting.

WordPress.com review by <span>Amy C.</span>
Amy C.

"Affordable, easy to use content management"

What do you like best?

Wordpress is an easy to use website management tool. I like the control this product gives me over our website. I no longer have to pay a web developer to make updates to my site or to create new landing pages to coordinate with my marketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The WYSIWYG system can be a little buggy. Over time I've learned some HTML to help me overcome some formatting issues with the body text. Novice users may find that frustrating. The wordpress user community is very strong, so finding help is easy and over time users will figure out how to overcome these glitches on their own.

I needed to maintain a focus on my digital content, not spend my time overwhelmed by complicated systems. WordPress gives me an easy to use platform and has eliminated the requirement that I hire third party web developers to make changes for me.

WordPress.com review by <span>Taryn B.</span>
Taryn B.

"Love love love"

What do you like best?

I have 3 wordpress.com sites and host 4 on wordpress.org. I can't express the ease of use of wordpress.com. It's super simple if you're not code-savvy they have pre-made templates-- free or otherwise that you can choose from. The user experience is awesome and very easy. In terms of hosting, maintenance and things of that nature, you'll have zero problems as opposed to self hosting. My favorite aspect is that you have minimal hassle and still a great site.

What do you dislike?

Not as much customization on wordpress.com. For example, you're limited to fonts/colors and others design options of the theme vs. personal preference. Even with the business option, there's still not much room for personal flair in my opinion. In order to add additional plug-ins you need to upgrade to self hosting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for bloggers, business owners, and anyone looking for a nice, functional site

It's a great solution for business owners that don't want to invest in the time or $ for a custom site without having to sacrifice too much on quality

WordPress.com review by <span>Tara U.</span>
Tara U.

"Perfect balance of easy-to-use, yet customizable"

What do you like best?

There's a reason that WordPress has succeeded as a website platform. The "I need a website" market is so vast, spanning all those mom bloggers with funny stories about sticky fingers and advice from their own experiences to web developers working for major companies. WordPress accommodates them all. If you only want to write a blog, all you have to do is pick a template and domain name, then you're set. If you want to build from the bottom up (and have access to a pretty decent budget), WordPress allows you to do that as well.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't like their new backend platform. I find it less customizable. The old backend allowed me to see everything about the website in one sidebar menu, the new one breaks it up a bit. However, WordPress hasn't completely abolished the old backend, and there are ways to continue to access it. So I tend to just use that, and only use the new one when absolutely necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the menu and linking system. Organize your site through the menu system, but also be intentional about how to link articles together outside of the menus. Category linking is one of the strongest tools that WordPress has because it allows you to group articles together that you don't necessarily want to appear in the main menu, but are nevertheless accessible. And it's SO EASY to create and use categories.

I worked for a radio station that was grandfathered under a larger organization. Rather than build a child site under this larger organization, which would have taken a long time, we just set up a WordPress website and it has worked out really well. I like that WordPress allows us to host loads of text, audio files, and video files. The multiple-editor function is also particularly handy when running a radio station site. I also run my own website on a WordPress platform.

WordPress.com review by <span>Josh H.</span>
Josh H.

"User friendly experience makes it easy for me to hand over to clients."

What do you like best?

The low cost to build a Wordpress site and the ease of handing it over to a client to manage themselves if they choose. It has reduced my production time considerably when building a new website because of the easy setup and the ease of use on the front and back end.

What do you dislike?

Since there are so many different types of developers for plugins and themes, it is sometimes difficult to find compatible ones for a seamless user experience. Support is also mainly forum-based, would be nice to have a person to talk to over the phone or through email tickets. It is hard to do this though because each plugin and them have their own developers and support...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordpress is a great way to save money when building a website. You pay for hosting and can find great templates on Envato for $60 - one time fee. If you can find a developer that will build you a custom theme that's even better, just costs more.

We are saving money and time by bringing our website design and development in-house. Wordpress is considerably cheaper to use instead of paying for an outsourced company to build and maintain our websites.

WordPress.com review by <span>Nicole C.</span>
Nicole C.

"Good platform for SMBs"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to learn, lots of online support help. The whole world uses Wordpress!

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to fix problems that occur for no reason. I still haven't figured out how to get featured images to resize properly and not take up half the screen. You have to dive into the code to do it and I'm not willing to do that as it's for our corporate account and I could hose something up. We don't have a website designer at the moment so there's no one to fix it if I screw it up. It's not a problem that should take a lot of time and effort to fix but it does. There are other flakey problems too but overall I would recommend it to others. No platform is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall I like it...I would use it again or recommend it to a company if I needed to. I think it's great for small companies, startups, entrepreneurs, or for individuals. I don't know whether it's a good choice for larger companies (that's coming from ignorance, not a suggestion that it's not a good choice). They've got a lot of extensions and add-ons so that may make it really attractive for others too.

I work for a small startup so it's a quite inexpensive DIY solution for our website and blog. I've used Wordpress for close to ten years now for my personal blog and website and it's been just fine there too (where, bizarrely, I don't have the same tech problems I have at work).

WordPress.com review by <span>Kimberly M.</span>
Kimberly M.

"WordPress.com is perfect for the non-expert!"

What do you like best?

Wordpress.com is easy to use especially if you have no previous web experience. With their free themes you can create a beautiful webpage in just a few hours without any coding. Have some coding experience? Wordpress.com gives you the option of editing HTML code to give you even more options. Wordpress.com integrates with several 3rd party vendors expanding your website to include forms, photos and other items to make your site look great!

What do you dislike?

HTML is limited, CSS is not allowed and Flash content is not allowed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy solution that is fast and looks professional without coding skills then WordPress.com is perfect!

We have many pages that we use to promote programs and events. This cost effectiveness of doing the work in-house without having to outsource to a graphic designer is a huge benefit.

WordPress.com review by <span>Elyse A.</span>
Elyse A.

"Learning curve is steep, but worth it."

What do you like best?

I love how many things I'm able to change using WordPress. I have absolute and complete control over my webpages, unlike on many website builders or content management sites.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is steep.For most changes, I am able to do them myself with some trial and error. However, for more drastic ones like menus and layouts, I have to contact someone within my organization that is familiar with web development language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend WordPress only if you have knowledge about website development or have access to someone that does OR if you are okay with their pre-made template sites. Otherwise, it can be quite challenging to build something complex from the ground up with their provided tools.

We're using WordPress to manage our sites, allowing us to educate and reach our audience.

WordPress.com review by <span>Sean T.</span>
Sean T.

"Great for small-to-medium size blogs/sites, possibly less suitable for larger sites"

What do you like best?

The hosted version is very easy to get started, compared to the server-installed version. So much is done for you right from the start. There are so many template options built in or available freely via third parties, it is hard to fault this as a content management system and/or blogging platform, even for users with little or no prior experience of building sites or blogs.

What do you dislike?

The hosted version is somewhat less customizable than the server-installed version, but that was not a problem in the use case I had. In other larger sites I've worked on, the customizations available were definitely much needed. I would also say it's a little too easy for category and tag management to get become overwhelming without close monitoring by administrators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not ideal for larger sites

The hosted version of Wordpress definitely worked out well for a smaller site - good ease of maintenance. It is very easy to publish content and on blog posts it's easy for visitors to engage via comments. It's a quick way to get a site up and running quickly, and with the right theme, mobile optimization is taken care of you from the start which is huge. When using the server-installed version on a larger site, that too was relatively simple to use and I would still recommend it for a large site, although not necessarily as the main platform for an important enterprise site.

WordPress.com review by <span>Sydney W.</span>
Sydney W.

"Wordpress"

What do you like best?

I like WordPress because it's super user friendly! All of the templates they have are great, including the free ones! It's easy to set up your site, easy to track who views the page and see which content your readers like the best.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could monetize my site better without having to purchase a plan. I wish I could monetize it with the free plan, even if its just a simple version. I think that by making that assessable to all, WordPress could really up the number of people who use the site!

I really like that I can see all of my analytics. I can see which countries I'm reaching, how many views I'm getting and which posts are getting the most likes.

As stated above, I wish there were more ways to monetize my site with the free plan. With that, I would be able to make more money which would make me want to use the site more than I already do. I also wish there was an easier way to search for blog posts.

WordPress.com review by <span>Amanda E.</span>
Amanda E.

"Gaining exposure "

What do you like best?

Wordpress.com is a great way to start out in the blogging or business world. I think that a lot of companies use Wordpress.org because of the plug-ins and the ability to advertise. But you should know that you can get email sign-ups, have your own domain (.com, .org, etc) and just have a Wordpress.com site.

What do you dislike?

They have great designs/layouts - I suggest researching them by your website's function, not just how it looks. I originally had a small business layout but I am a blogger who produces regular content and I needed a better navigation - not a standstill page. After re-coding that platform, I realized the better option was to find a magazine styled site that guided users to categories and a steady stream of new content as well as easy to access archives. I also dislike the setup in the sense that it's not easy to edit and post and get the formatting correct when you're writing a post on your phone - I feel like you need a computer.

Right now I am using Wordpress.com to host my blog and gain exposure as a freelance writer and as an influencer. I receive great feedback from my site's layout and so it helps me look professional and have a good first impression. It's also easy to use and publish.

WordPress.com review by <span>Abby H.</span>
Abby H.

"The Best Platform Around"

What do you like best?

I've used Wordpress for years for all sorts of websites, from super-simple five-page deals to my current employer's incredibly complex site. I love that it's easy enough for a small business owner to bootstrap but flexible enough for some incredible development.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes take time to muddle your way through what you need to know. Once you find the right blogs and tutorials, though, the platform becomes intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a more complicated website, work with a developer who can set up your site properly. But find someone who will teach you how to do the basic updates and maintenance. Anyone can learn this system. It just takes time.

We have a really complicated website that needs to be able to do all sorts of custom stuff. At the same time, we don't want to have to tap a developer every time we need to make an update to our content and data, which is frequently. So we have a developer who has put together our site, and then we are able to make most of the changes we need to make on the back end.

WordPress.com review by <span>Chris D.</span>
Chris D.

"Reliable performance from an industry staltwarth "

What do you like best?

An enormous support community, access to many many free or low-cost enhancements and features, and a general open source , freeware nature make WordPress a go-to for a lot of website projects. Getting the WordPress CMS up and running on a web server is quick, easy, and free. The CMS comes with great templates already, but an array of nearly endless additional templates are also available for free or at reasonable prices. Similarly, plugins, which add additional functionality to a website, are available often for free, or again at a very reasonable price, through sites like code canyon and theme forest.

What do you dislike?

While the WordPress CMS is sturdy, it also can take 2-3 seconds to load each new change on the administrative side. As a site administrator making multiple changes to the website can feel cumbersome.

Additionally, and this is one of the things it bugs me most about it, the way that I handle CSS and JavaScript files is something to be desired. If your web developer an attempt to get a decent grade on Google's site speed insights with the WordPress website – good luck. It's likely that the multiple CSS files in the multiple jobs script files or hang you up.

With WordPress I've been able to set up, design, and launch complete websites, micro sites, or simple pages that looks great, and perform reliably.