WordPress.org

WordPress.org is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. They like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.

Work for WordPress.org?

Video Review

WordPress.org review by <span>Anthony K.</span>
Anthony K.

The Best CMS That I Have Ever Used

What do you like best?

Well, first of all, it's free to use and open source. So there won't be any additional cost for using it other than hosting. It is very easy to manage with a very simple console, unlike some other CMS. It has a wide range of plugins and themes to suits every needs.

What do you dislike?

WordPress is perfect for building websites for any purpose, but sometimes it just doesn't have the specific feature that I needed. It also has no support at all except for a support forum, so if something went wrong it would be a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress is free besides hosting, with a cheap hosting service this would be perfect for everyone. I would suggest https://panel.hailiga.org as the total cost will just be $40 per year for both hosting and domain.

I needed a better way of managing my websites with full customisation right to the source codes, and WordPress is definitely the software of my choice.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WordPress.org
WordPress.org review by <span>Mohd Anas K.</span>
Mohd Anas K.

The easiest way to create a website or blog.

What do you like best?

It is the most flexible and reliable way for blogging and website content management system. Since most of the operations are drag and drop, you don’t need any hard-core coding skills to create a website, just a simple basic knowledge is sufficient. One of the best thing is, It is completely free, so you don’t need to spend money to get your website.

What do you dislike?

Besides having a wonderful website building tool, it has some limitations also. Since, many websites are self hosted, and wordpress is quite large, it is vulnerable to hacking, so it has some security flaws. The other thing which I don’t like is, it has very limited permissions. Unlike many other CMS, it has many restrictions over permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For beginners, It is more than amazing tool. It is very easy to handle,hence the fastest way for creating website.

Since, wordpress is open-source, you can modify code for your benefit and share with others without worrying licensing fees. Since it is build on PHP, which is not a very tough language to learn, so you can easily learn and implement into it.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

WordPress.org review by <span>John K.</span>
John K.

Word Up!

What do you like best?

The ease of use is quite nice these days. In the early days of WordPress, it was not so user-friendly, especially when adding and arranging images. However, they've made it a point to get people on their platform and have made image placement and resisizing very easy.

Also, a great platform for low budget startups as it comes with a multitude of free templates.

What do you dislike?

Though sizing and arrangements may be easier than it used to be, it can cause issues if the user is unfamiliar with inserting both images and wording. Columns can get skewed and a bit wonky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great place to start out. If you're new to web development, this is a great set of training wheels. If you have some development skills already, you can also use the advanced features as to not insult your intelligence. Highly recommend.

We currently use WordPress to host what is going on inside the company, whether that be a new location opening, customer spotlight, product spotlight, a holiday greeting, or whatever we think about.

It also provides the information to our shareholders of who we are as an organization and where to find us. It allows everyone to see what we do and how we can help their business succeed when they partner with us.

WordPress.org review by <span>Olimar P.</span>
Olimar P.

Wordpress, a great CMS

What do you like best?

It is one of the most popular CMS in the market, developed with PHP, and makes use of mysql and apache, which makes it much more popular. If one needs to give quick answers for the construction of prototypes, Wordpress is one of the best options. Its popularity allows a wide availability of themes that avoid having to spend time on one of the tasks that consume it most: the graphic design of the sites, although the designs available are very competitive, adapting one to particular needs will not require much time . The administrative interface of the backend has a large number of options that make it highly customizable: from user configuration, appearance, etc. and the possibility of adding a variety of plugins for specific tasks such as statistical analysis, social networks, calendars, etc. and functions that facilitate the user's navigation. One of the best features of this CMS is the large number of users and developers that keep it up to date, competitive and secure, it is more likely that security gaps are found in Wordpress than in any other CMS. The support to keep it safe is one of the most active and guarantees that security problems can be solved in a short time.

What do you dislike?

I think not, it meets all my expectations

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to configure and with a wide variety of templates ready to use

we use wordpress for the development of a website for internal information about projects and responsible

WordPress.org review by <span>Rosie P.</span>
Rosie P.
G2 Gives Campaign

Where function meets quality

What do you like best?

WordPress is user friendly and has a lot of different tools to help customize your website. Once the website skeleton is set up, it is easy to go in and manipulate the content or add new things. You can customize so many features on your website, it will take your brand to a whole new level.

What do you dislike?

Though it is great to have many different customizable options, it can be a bit overwhelming. There were a few times when I had to figure things out by trial and error to see what it was that i was adding to the page or what I ultimately had to click on to get the look I wanted.

We wanted to launch an interactive page where book donors could find a location in their neighborhood where they could drop off book donations. We wanted to set up an interactive "look up" map; simply type in your zip code and the map will bring up all the locations closest to you.

This not only helped us spread the word about out Book Drop Network but also allowed people with one-off donations a chance to drop the donation off without having to come out to our Processing Center in Lake Bluff.

WordPress.org review by <span>Anthony G.</span>
Anthony G.

Wordpress is the best platform for websites today

What do you like best?

I was a graphic designer before the internet came along and changed everything, but once it did I started making websites in HTML, and that was hard. I'm not much of a coder — more of a visual person. But once I found Wordpress everything changed for me again. Wordpress is great! The little bit of code I do know i get to put to use to customize things, but for the most part, I don't need to work with any code, and I am able to design sites that fit my client's needs, are simple to develop, and quick. It is a well-supported community and pretty much anything you want to do you can do with Wordpress these days.

What do you dislike?

Wordpress needs to be kept up to date or else it can become a target for hackers. AND all the plugins and tools you use to design and maintain your site also need to stay up to date. So it can become kind of a hassle to update everything all the time, and when you run into problems troubleshooting can be confusing too. Luckily the community supporting Wordpress is extensive and every time I have a problem the answer is out there to be found from some helpful person on a forum or a blog post explaining the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose a solid host that specifically supports wordpress hosting. Good hosting makes all the difference.

I create Wordpress websites for my own projects as well as for clients. Wordpress has opened the possibilities of what I can design up to whatever I can imagine because I have the support of a huge community of users.

Learning about WordPress.org?

* We monitor all WordPress.org reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.