WordStream

WordStream is a online advertising software platform built for small to medium sized businesses with step-by-step guidance on how to get more leads, customers and revenue quickly from paid search and paid social advertising campaigns.

Work for WordStream?

Learning about WordStream?

WordStream Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 628 WordStream reviews
WordStream review by Jeffrey B.
Jeffrey B.

"Great for novice or intermediates"

What do you like best?

We had been on Adwords for about 15 months and Bing for about 4 months, and in the first phone call learned enough to justify the first few months of investment. Within 2 months, our "bad searches" that were costing us 80% of our daily budget were down to about 20%. By the third month, we have reduced it to about 10% and have now added our Bing account for the same management. The 20-minute workweek is very helpful. It does sometimes make the same suggestion even though I have told it no. I guess that means I really should do it. The monthly calls are very helpful at direction, and the email and online chat support between calls is good for those issues and questions that come up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard to get the monthly call scheduled, need to schedule them a bit far out, just causes me to look forward more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial for 6 months, unless you are an expert and can prove it because you have no bad searches, it will be worth it.

We are trying to gain more inquiries and applications, which is what has happened. Our rate of inquiries who found us through internet search is up over 100% from last year, so that is exactly what we wanted.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WordStream
WordStream review by Summer M.
Summer M.

"Wordstream, the Personal Assistant I didn't have to train."

What do you like best?

This program helps cut down the amount of time in which I spend on my PPC campaigns. When you manage a large account like me, it could literally take days of work to find just duplicate keywords alone. Wordstream is pretty much a PPC campaign personal assistant, that's smarter than you, that you didn't have to train.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about Wordstream. It makes my job a lot easier and more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your account will run more efficiently with WordStream. While you may be highly skilled, nothing beats automation. Take advantage of your training calls once you sign up with WordStream. They are very helpful. Write down any questions you have between calls. They'll be happy to clarify anything you're unsure about.

I've cut down on wasted spending since starting with WordStream. If you actually dive into it, it can work with you to make managing your PPC campaigns run a lot better. If you don't like to waste money, get WordStream.

What Search Advertising solution do you use?

WordStream review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

As a company with a very limited, very specific audience, with A LOT of search words to describe our software, we have unique challenges with Adwords Campaigns. Our Account Specialist Rebeka has been incredibly helpful getting to understand these challenges and offer solutions that may be different from the standard, but fit with our unique situation.

What do you dislike?

The lack of contract flexibility when we worked through the deal was very frustrating. This is different than the way we do business and it was disappointing to have to work so hard to get additional consultant hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful software but the best part we have found (so far as we are just a couple months in) is the account rep assigned to help us improve things before we move to the 20 min work week.

Improved efficiency with regards to ad spend and internal resources

By allowing our internal staff to focus on what they do best, and let Wordstream improve the efficiency of our ad spend, we are winning on two fronts.

WordStream review by Laci L.
Laci L.

"Streamline AdWords Optimization & Save Yourself a ton of Time!"

What do you like best?

I love the campaign builder and ad group builder tools, as well as the workbench and keyword grouper tools. These tools made a account reorganization so much faster and easier. I've found myself taking over old AdWords accounts and needing to restructure them on several occasions. Wordstream is a huge help when undertaking those projects. Wordstream also makes it easier to manage campaigns across platforms. For instance you can manage your AdWords, Bing, and Facebook ads all in one location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having more flexibility with time-frames when viewing reports within the interface. I'm also wish there were more flexibility in the landing page tools to create pages without registration forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it out so see if it fits your needs. The support team is awesome and they are always willing to help you through any issues that pop up for you.

I am primarily using Wordstream to streamline optimization of paid search campaigns. It's a lot friendlier than AdWords Editor and the new AdWords interface so you are able to pinpoint problems quickly and make optimizations without leaving the platform. It also works with Bing if you are so inclined. It helped us expand out account quickly. Wordstream also helps save time with campaign setup and restructuring if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to overhaul an account. My manager also loved it because he could log in and get a quick understanding of what was working and what wasn't without needing to know the ins and outs of paid search.

WordStream review by Dave F.
Dave F.

"Wordstream may be good for DYI managers but not powerful enough for agency quality mangement"

What do you like best?

Simple suggestions that will improve performance for a campaign for the first few months.

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of key features than any advanced user or agency would need and the cost is about a third of what you might pay to hire an agency to do all the work for you. Some of the features not included that we find essential: 1. Does not use keyword lists in shared libraries. 2. Does not allow editing of shared budgets across multiple campaigns. 3. Does not notice common errors such as double counting in Google's conversion data reporting 4. Does not optimize for impression share which is one of the most important metrics for small campaigns. 5. Does not recommend ads to be expanded unless they are a top performing ad in terms of impressions which unlikely because an old add would naturally underperform. 6. Syncing changes from AdWords to Bing is actually more difficult than using the IMPORT CHANGES tool from Bing. The bottom line is that while WordStream can be valuable for the first few months of a campaign if you are a novice and don't know what the essential optimization process are, it's usefulness over time will fall off tremendously and you may eventually find yourself using the free tools provided by AdWords and Bing to manage your campaigns. For a professional agency, the tool is inadequate unless you are using it to help a lightly trained staff manage hundreds of campaigns and you have negotiated a very good price for the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a DYI manager this is a good tool for about 3 to 6 months and then you should be able to manage on your own using free tools. It could be good for the long haul if you just cannot be bothered to learn more about AdWords And Bing Ads (which can be confusing). If you are an agency, you may be better off using free tools from Bing and Google unless you have a large staff with high turnover and just want a tool to manage basic campaigns following the key best practices - but unless your management fees are very high you will find that a substantial amount of your margins will be devoured by WordStream fees. If you are an agency I would advise not locking yourself into a contract until you have demoed the tool fully so that you can experience its limitations.

Managing AdWords and Bing Campaigns. The only benefit realized is that after using this Tool and Marin we are very satisfied working with free tools provided by Google and Bing along with our own simple proprietary budgeting tools that work with Google Docs' API.

WordStream review by Cody H.
Cody H.

"Outstanding platform for managing multiple clients"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Wordstream is the 20 min work week. This allows me to streamline my efforts by offering keyword advice as well as bid adjustments and best practices. I also enjoy the month calls with our Wordstream rep. During these calls we can discuss any questions we have on the account as well as ways we can optimize our campaigns going forward.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Wordstream allowed more social integrations. I would also appreciate if all the functionality found within the adwords platform was accessable in the wordstream platform. In some instances we have had to login to Adwords to make adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For managing multiple clients this is one of the best products you can purchase.

As a digital markeing agency it is important that we manage our time efficiently when dealing with multiple clients. Wordstream allows us to streamline our efforts and effectively manage our clients adwords campaigns.

WordStream review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"Very Helpful and a great way to save time"

What do you like best?

I like that we have a dedicated rep to help us build our campaigns and give advise. It's better than us guessing at what we should do. The meetings are helpful in us being able to stay on track as well.

What do you dislike?

May just be the nature of it but our campaigns aren't performing as well as we would like. I think part of it is just us figuring out the right keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your meetings with your rep and don't put it off. They help a lot with implementation.

Our team is really busy and we aren't ready to add another staff member just dedicated to working on SEO full time. This is helping us to be able to make sure we are strengthening our SEO but not at a cost of having to hire someone or pull our team members away from their already busy schedules.

WordStream review by Joseph J.
Joseph J.

"The experts at WordStream know what they're doing"

What do you like best?

Every few weeks I get my consultation call with my personal WordStream rep and we dive right in to the PPC campaigns we have running. It isn't just a scripted "how-to" session. We talk about my real goals as a PPC advertiser and what I can do to enhance our current performance. I feel like WordStream and I are on the same team, not just a student sitting in class listening to a lecture. The platform is easy to use and cuts down the time I would spend on analysis ten-fold!

What do you dislike?

I have, at times, felt pressured to lead the consultation call rather than having my rep come with strategies ready. This only happened on a few calls and was fixed when we were able to set the stage for the next call at the end of the current consultation. So it's more of a suggestion than a complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear idea of your advertising goals before you get started. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to PPC advertising, but they can only do so much if you don't have an idea of where you want to go. WordStream is great for beginners, I was one, but I have found that the more prepared I am for the consultations, the more I get out of each session.

We're looking to become independent from lead brokers and generate customers from our own advertising efforts. The results have been customers who are more in tune to our product and service set by the time we talk to them on the phone.

WordStream review by Guy B.
Guy B.

"Wordstream Has Been Invaluable"

What do you like best?

Wordstream has been an important tool for us to quickly find out what is and is not working in our AdWords account. They have helped optimize and trim down costs, so we're only paying for terms that are converting. I've enjoyed the one-on-one attention I've received from Wordstream, as well as the in-depth training they have provided. Wordstream customer service has been responsive to every question and the knowledge of my Account Manager is superb. I consider Wordstream a partner for my company and am depending on them to help us continue to grow our E-Commerce capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been much I've disliked. I only encourage them to continue to fine-tune the tool. My major complaint is that they do not have a mobile app. I really think that will be important for them to do over the next year. I travel often, and usually do not have access to my laptop. A really nice mobile app would really help me with flexibility and make sure I don't skip a day reviewing my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an in-house marketing manager, who has to manage many other projects beyond e-commerce, Wordstream is a powerful tool to make sure you're not wasting time, money and energy.

The major problem Wordstream helped us resolve was wasteful spending. Wordstream has been invaluable in optimizing our search campaigns and making sure we only spend on things that are working.

WordStream review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"Extremely Useful Tool for Google AdWords Beginners!"

What do you like best?

The interface for AdWords is not very user-friendly. This tool has made increasing ad relevancy as simple as 20 minutes per week! Everything is laid out for you in a very clear way! We also opted for an adviser's help and he has been above and beyond helpful to us. Without knowing anything about our industry, he has quickly picked up on our target audience and how to write the best ads for them.

What do you dislike?

The functionality for WordStream and social media isn't quite there yet. We are a B2B and LinkedIn advertising is most valuable to us. Wish we could utilize for that. Also, we do a lot with video ads on Facebook an cannot use WordStream for those ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the adviser's help if you are just starting out! So helpful!

We are all very new to Google AdWords. Our quality scores have gone from 1s and 2s to 6s and 8s!

WordStream review by Allie L.
Allie L.

"Love the Premier Consulting"

What do you like best?

I feel like I am able to do more in a shorter amount of time when I use WordStream. The 20 minute workweek feature is amazing to get an overview of accounts at a quick glance and make changes on the fly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's restricted to Search ads only for now. We have a variety of campaigns with search, display and youtube that WordStream doesn't help optimize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider the consulting. At the very least, it helps you get acclimated with the product much quicker.

Before WordStream, there wasn't enough hours to get everything done for PPC, so it started to fall by the wayside. With the consulting option, too, we have gained an invaluable resource to bounce additional ideas off of.

WordStream review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"WordStream is a Godsend for PPC Management"

What do you like best?

WordStream brings a lot of efficiency to our PPC management workflow. It really pays for itself in that way alone. More importantly though, we've been able to improve the results we get for our clients by using the features of the WordStream tool. Better Quality Scores, higher conversions, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is a small bit of lag from the live AdWords instance to Wordstream, so you have to remember to "Get" or "Post" updates to your account. Typically this isn't a big deal though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give their free trial a shot and see if it works for you. If you spend a decent # of hours on PPC management every month, I'm betting it's going to pay for itself in efficiencies alone.

WordStream provides a ton of efficiencies for managing PPC ad social advertising. It more that pays for itself from that standpoint alone. The biggest benefit however is that is has helped us achieve better results for our clients.

WordStream review by April H.
April H.

"A Significant Investment That Isn't Always Worth It"

What do you like best?

The software has a fairly intuitive interface, and it is simple to go through the 20 minute work week. Their customer support is also fairly good, and we're usually able to schedule calls when needed. It's also helpful to get things up to snuff, such as pointing out ad copy that doesn't adhere to best practices.

What do you dislike?

The thing is, with the new release of adwords, there isn't that much that separates adwords from wordstream. The unique offerings are basically down to reporting and the 20 minute work week. The 20 minute work week, as we understood it, would learn from what you approved or turned down, but that never turned out to be the case. We ended up spending time every week turning down the same suggestions instead of getting new ones. It also took quite a long time to load to adwords, sometimes upwards of 10 minutes (of course depending on account size.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what your needs are in regards to AdWords. This software would be good for those without much other experience in adwords, but if you're well versed in the platform then it might not offer significant advantages. The most disappointing thing for us was the software's inability to learn or come up with new suggestions for keywords or negative keywords, instead suggesting the same few things every week.

After a few months of not realizing enough improvement or time savings to justify the cost, we've decided to end our contract with this service. I can see it being helpful for a company that doesn't have PPC staff per se, but it really didn't work for us as an agency.

WordStream review by Samantha O.
Samantha O.

"Great additional learning resource!"

What do you like best?

I like that you are assigned to a knowledgeable representative that is available for any questions you may have, and are able to connect with them once a month. This allows you to learn new things every month while also having an expert on PPC right behind you for those times were you are not certain about a specific problem!

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about this company, I wish there was a way to meet with your representative weekly instead of monthly, but that is just because they are so good at what they do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a software to help better understand how to run PPC and Search Advertising campaigns

As a small marketing agency that really wants to promote our PPC and search advertising services, WordStream is a great helping and learning tool to assist our company in helping our clients and their businesses grow! These are just some of the benefits that I have seen in the few short months that we have been partnered with WordStream.

WordStream review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"WordStream Simplifies PPC "

What do you like best?

The 20-minute work week saves time managing my PPC accounts every week. I have seen bigger improvements in less time using WordStream as opposed to just using the AdWords interface.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I prefer to use the AdWords dashboard when looking at my accounts. Possibly because I have more experience with the AdWords interface, but sometimes it is easier to find what I need directly in AdWords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give WordStream a 6 month trial and see what you are able to do with your PPC accounts to determine if it is the right fit for you. The help and support is amazing, they will help you implement conversion tracking and always suggest the best practices to help improve your account. We have seen an increase in traffic, and the reduced costs we have experienced offset the cost of the software.

We were looking to increase our site traffic by improving our PPC accounts, and we have seen higher traffic at a lower cost since starting with WordStream.

WordStream review by Ardalan Z.
Ardalan Z.

"Smart and evolving tool to optimize your search ads"

What do you like best?

Many of their features become your daily routine as they make sense a lot. It's as if you have a nice team of analyzers to help you understand what's going on in your account and then suggest what actions to take.

What do you dislike?

Ad optimization is not as intelligent as the rest of the features. They use something like best practices and then analyze your ads based on CTR and CPA to suggest which ad needs to be optimized. But the suggested actions are very limited. To be fair, I think it would be really hard for a software to suggest changes to your ad other than comparison to best practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter how much you're spending or how complicated your campaigns are, you do need at least a 6-month contract with them because using ONLY the 20 minute work week from their platform could save you more money.

After the first 6 months, it's gonna be up you to see whether or not it's helping your business. But again, no matter what, I highly recommend giving it at least 6 months chance.

Everyday AdWords and Bing Ads optimizations. I know they do Facebook Ads too but they require a pixel installation which is not too convenient.

I'm saving at least a few hours every week by using WordStream to optimize my campaigns.

WordStream review by Rebecca V.
Rebecca V.

"Great experience with WordStream"

What do you like best?

They are very knowledgeable with both Google Ad Words and Facebook, I am a beginner and they have taken me to the next level. I still have a lot to learn and I confident WS will right there with me. I love the personal attention I get from my counselor Danielle, and the tech help is wonderful also.

What do you dislike?

I wish they did more in helping with coming up with the Ads, but I understand that is not expertise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would recommend for anyone that wants to learn more about Ads works or marketing on FB. Even if you think you know how to do it.

Selling our product on line, wasn't sure if it was going work but it has. We have sold a couple of properties already on line

WordStream review by Phil W.
Phil W.

"Worth the investment"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface

Greater intel than available through free tools

Actionable recommendations that save money

Ability to build and track paid search and paid social campaigns

What do you dislike?

More of a premium PPC management solution

No search retargeting capabilities

We're a smaller marketing team, and don't have dedicated resources to hire a full-time paid search specialist. With WordStream (and by adding on their Premier Consulting), we get many of the benefits of having a dedicated resource on staff. We still need to run through the automated recommendations (20-Minute Work Week) and build out new campaigns, but those are recommendations that an in-house search specialist would be responsible for anyway.

The Premier Consulting is good too, and our rep is able to walk through and make some of the manual adjustments that can't/shouldn't be made using the automated 20-Minute Work Week suggestions.

Bottom line: it's a significant investment, but it's a bargain compared to hiring a full-time resource to complete many of the same tasks.

WordStream review by Scott R.
Scott R.

"Very Helpful and Connected to Results"

What do you like best?

The onboarding process was fantastic! They immediately trained me on best practices and made sure I was up and running ASAP. The ongoing consulting has been so important to my success. My consultant (James) is always dialed into my campaigns & his advice always produces better results.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the system is a tad slower than the AdWords platform...but it's pretty minor. It's something I'm willing to deal with for the added benefit of using their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase the product with the consulting option.

I'm able to manage multiple client campaigns easily and quickly. WordStream is great at directing me towards better results. There are suggestions all along the way and the software is incredibly helpful at reinforcing AdWords best practices.

WordStream review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Great Support, Fantastic functionality and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Both service and software are fantastic, but I'd have to say having the software backed by a human being to help us make sense of everything is a perfect touch. Most importantly, that human touch is not there to just help us understand how to use the software, but it's more to help us improve our advertising campaigns. Our rep is deeply knowledgeable, and if he doesn't know something, he's willing to admit it, and go find out the answer.

What do you dislike?

I wish the software could read our minds. :-) There really aren't any major issues... just minor in-the-details issues such as it can sometimes load quite slowly. Also it can be difficult to quickly skim over our large keyword lists because you can't tell what "match type" the word is at a glance, like you can with Adwords.through its use of "keyword", [keyword], +keyword symbols. There are a few other nitpicks like that, but the benefits far, far outweigh the negatives.

We needed some institutional consistency in our approach to Adwords, and as we changed teams, or moved team members from one responsibility to another we lost the knowledge and process. Wordstream helps our efforts of continuous improvement and consistent methods which can enable better and faster growth.

WordStream review by David P.
David P.

"Fantastic Support that helps make sense out of Google Adwords"

What do you like best?

The support and the user interface. Google Adwords is basically a mess if you're coming to it new. Wordstream helps you make sense out of the headache so that you get results for your clients.

What do you dislike?

There's a small bug with the Facebook Ads portion that just launched where it seems to disconnect from the FB it's supposed to be connected to and it includes data from my other clients. So I have to fully disconnect the FB account, reconnect, then re-choose the correct profile for it to use. This is less than ideal but the feature is new. I imagine it will be sorted out soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are worth it just for the consulting and support. Then their interface is the icing on top. These guys are fantastic.

It provides clarity and guidance for navigating PPC especially with handling the awful interface of Google Adwords. Our clients Quality Scores have increased. Their ad portfolio's now make sense and are far better organized. The clients are now seeing better results that is earning them business which is the result we all want to see.

WordStream review by David O.
David O.

"WordStream Success!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about WordStream is how it has made such a daunting task as organising my company's AdWords account into a very simple task. In particular, the 20 Minute Work Week feature has truly simplified the various tasks involved with improving my company's online performance. Rather than spend hours pulling my hair out trying to navigate Google's confusing AdWords interface, WordStream makes everything clear. If you find AdWords daunting, look no further than WordStream. Their support staff are experts who are beyond helpful!

What do you dislike?

If I had to make one change to WordStream, it would be

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will lighten your workload tenfold - try out the free trial and you won't look back!

WordStream has simplified how I use AdWords, BingAds and Facebook Advertising. I can now post new ads in one place for all 3 platforms. I can track what adverts are working best, and where they are working best too!

WordStream review by Mehmet E.
Mehmet E.

"A+ for lead generation / B+ for e-commerce"

What do you like best?

20 minute work week is a convenient tool that saves your time plus you get to explore new keywords that help a lot with keyword expansion. However it is free, their blog is beneficial for people in the PPC business.

What do you dislike?

Although the software was first developed for PPC, they also have tools for Facebook advertising. The only ad format that it supports is the single image 1200 x 628. I wish they also had other ad formats. And I have to say that the software is a little bit biased towards lead generation goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have clients with a goal of lead generation, try it right away and you'll see results soon. If you're in the e-commerce business, try it too but don't rely on the Facebook tool. They also don't have a tool for google shopping yet.

Saves time in adding negative keywords and exploring new keywords, reporting, grading and also helps with decreasing campaign costs.

WordStream review by ★Angela H.
★Angela H.

"Effective & Efficient"

What do you like best?

It is easy to manage multiple client campaigns. Also, the 20 Minute Work Week is incredibly helpful. It helps to cater recommendations to each client's needs.

What do you dislike?

My only critique with WordStream is when creating new Ad Groups, it would be nice if it recommended keywords to add besides the keyword recommendations within the 20 Minute Work Week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that allows you to cater to you or your client's PPC Campaigns in an efficient way, WordStream is the way to go.

As an agency, WordStream helps us manage not only our own PPC campaigns, but also our clients. Every client has different needs within AdWords and having recommendations from WordStream catered to those specific clients' campaigns is not only helpful, but it also makes efficient use of our time with the client.

WordStream review by Danny W.
Danny W.

"Must Have For Any PPC Projects Small To Large"

What do you like best?

Simply put, Wordstream makes the management and day to day running of our PPC projects much simpler. The information is laid out in a way that makes it much easier to digest than staring at months worth of data in Google AdWords. The 20 minute work week in particular is very useful and in general provides good suggestions of changes to make when you may otherwise think there's not much to do. I'd also highly recommend the consultancy on offer, it's great to have another set of eyes cast over your campaigns, and our consultant - Rebekah - has been friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I've encountered very few negatives from using Wordstream, however on the odd occasion the suggestions in the 20 minute work week have been irrelevant.

The primary benefit of using Wordstream is that it streamlines our PPC management and allows us to process the data and make more informed improvements. The consultancy provided is also a fantastic benefit as it provides expert insight from someone outside our organisation.

WordStream review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Search Engine Marketing for Busy People"

What do you like best?

When a lot of people start doing SEM, they think it is going to be easy. The truth is that it can take tons of work, tons of planning, data analysis, and that's just getting started. Wordstream has a very useful system that brings to the forefront the things you need to be looking at. For instance, which keywords are costing you too much? Which ones are performing best? Do you have ads that should be rewritten?

They have a thing called the, "20-Minute Workweek," and this allows you to address all of the important parts of your campaign quickly and easily. They also have great tools for creating new ads quickly.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see them integrate features that allow you to see how call-outs, phone numbers, snippets, and other ad extensions are performing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe WordStream helps out both the business owner that wants to run ads with as little work as possible and it also fits in for agencies that dig extremely deep into their client's accounts. Either way, it is a great tool that I highly recommend.

I also recommend that instead of having all your adGroups in a single campaign, break everything up into much smaller campaigns and adGroups. This will benefit you the most in addition to what you'll be doing with WordStream.

Wordstream lets us address critical issues in our online accounts quickly and easily. This frees up time to work on the more time-consuming stuff such as A/B testing landing pages, etc.

WordStream review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Great Service. Great Advice. Great Help."

What do you like best?

The one-on-one consultations have been great to understand what I need to do to optimize my settings

What do you dislike?

The initial time for setup. It took us a good 2 months before I felt like our accounts were set up and functioning. I would have liked that to be quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for each consultation meeting to be able to get the most out of the time with the consultants

I am understanding google adwords a lot more and it is helping me achieve more success with my adword ads. This is helping because we would like to start selling SEM as a service for our customers so it is giving me the training I would need.

WordStream review by Dustin H.
Dustin H.

"The Gold Standard in SEM Efficiency "

What do you like best?

Removes duplicates: The platform has a tool that enables marketers to easily identify duplicate keywords across campaigns, ad groups, and the account; from there duplicates can be paused in an effort to improve quality scores and account performance.

Bid management: WordStream reveals which current keywords can improve campaign performance by increasing and decreasing their bids - updates can be made on the spot.

Ad optimizations: WordStream scans paid search accounts to ensure each ad group is using high performing ads. Marketers can quickly create new ads, and pause ads based on the tool's recommendations.

What do you dislike?

Keyword URL updates: Ad extensions support could be better. WordSteam provides recommendations on how to improve some ad extensions; however, Google's newer ad extensions (Structured Snippets) are not supported by the tool. There should also be an easy way to add new keywords to the account and concurrently add custom keyword level "final URLs" to each keyword (this is important for Marketers who use custom tracking parameters at the keyword level).

Integrations: Currently, WordStream only integrates with AdWords, Bing, and Facebook - the tool would provide much more value if it integrated with more platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordStream is a little different from the competition. There are much more expensive solutions that manage the account for you with more features (Kenshoo, Marin, etc) and there are cheaper solutions out there that offer some of the features that WordStream provides; however, if a marketer wants to personally manage an account with some aided help than WordStream provides a great, cost-effective solution.

We use WordSteam to better manage and optimize our SEM campaigns. Since the tool is meant to primarily improve the efficiency of SEM managers it is not being utilized broadly across our organization. The tool enables me to quickly identify areas in our paid search accounts that need to be optimized (bids, keywords, ads, etc) and improve them on the spot.

WordStream review by James M.
James M.

"My firm has saved thousands since using Wordstream"

What do you like best?

I am very pleased with Wordstream. Google adwords for lawyers is extremely expensive and competitive. One click can cost anywhere from $120-$200. Using the suggestions from wordstream, I have saved about 50% of my monthly budget for adwords on a monthly basis, and getting better quality clicks. So far, we are very pleased.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike. They walk you through every process. Sometimes, when you have a more technical issue, scheduling with their technical team can be a struggle. But I only had to do that once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sooner you start with them, the more money you'll save.

We are saving a lot of money every month using wordstream, and we don't have to outsource to a company to maintain our google adwords account.

WordStream review by Max W.
Max W.

"WordStream made my job a lot easier."

What do you like best?

I like that WordStream saves me so much time. I don't have to spend a ton of time digging through keyword lists and checking what bid worked best for which ad/keyword - this took all the hassle out of it. To be honest, I kind of look forward to the 20-minute work week because it makes optimizing campaigns a lot less troublesome and the user-interface is very easy to work with. The customer service is great, too - Alec Battista has been very helpful whenever I've had a question and he's very timely with his responses. I appreciate that.

What do you dislike?

I've been using WordStream for a couple of months now and I can't say I have any complaints at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend it just for the fact that whoever is managing your PPC is going to save a bunch of time - and since this also helps manage social media ads, your potential savings are significant. It's definitely cut down on my workload.

The New Business element you've recently added has tipped the scales in a couple of situations when our sales team has dealt with potential clients. It's nice to be able to generate a report and give them actual data on how we can make improvements on their campaigns. We've definitely realized the time savings - that's by far the most appreciated benefit so far.

WordStream review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Wordstream has been a godsend for redoing our Adwords on our new website"

What do you like best?

We like the fact that you have one system to control both Google and Bing all in one place.

A big advantage with wordstream is the preset report templates. It has been extremely easy to make this report show exactly what I need to show to my companies.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes with the 20 minute work week it does tend to show you suggestions that you have already shelved. An ability to shelve forever would be great for suggestions that have no relevance to the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free training sessions. The advise and extra info they give you in the training calls has been indispensable. We have been extremely impressed by the amount of information available to us to ensure everything is setup correctly and giving our company the best results available.

We had a marketing agency build our adwords for our old website and we thought it wasn't as effecient as it could have been. When we built our new website we decided to handle adwords in Wordstream and we have found the ability to redirect and update all our ads in one place has made the transition seamless so much we did not notice a single dropoff in website visitors even though our new website was on brand new URL's.

The ability to convert old ads into new ads whilst at the same time getting feedback on the side to ensure you are following best practices on each ad has been very valuable to us.

WordStream review by Simon H.
Simon H.

"Very Impressed"

What do you like best?

Since signing on with WordStream my click through rate has improved 250% and my Pay Per Click rate decreased from $264 to less than $24. So, when I consider the $500 per month I am spending on this service, it is a drop in the bucket compared to my real income realization through properly targeted ads that drive customers to use my services.

The customer support and training phone calls are excellent. The reps goes out of their way to assist you to ensure you are getting good value for your money.

What do you dislike?

As of the writing of this review I really cannot verbalize any unhappiness with WordStream

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your struggling with AdWords and are spending too much money on clicks.. give it a go, it can't hurt.

I am paying less in Google ADWords to attract more customers. I feel as if my ads are not so spastic and all over the place and are now actually providing me a great return on my investment

WordStream review by Isa L.
Isa L.

"Insightful Strategies powered by Great Service"

What do you like best?

The passion of each employee in helping us succeed is what I love the most. I love the fact that each suggestion comes with a reason behind. The rep assigned to me is very knowledgeable in all areas of digital marketing (SEO, email marketing, SEM), which makes his advice a well rounded advice that I can trust.

The team is easily reachable at all times, and booking an appointment is easy.

The platform is relatively easy to use, and there are tutorials available if needed. Every premium consultation call has been very helpful. The rep gave me screenshots or recordings of our sessions so I can always go back and review them if I had questions after the call.

What do you dislike?

the glitches and errors on the Wordstream Advisor Platform. Sometimes there are sync errors with Google Adwords platform so it delays my work. the support team responds in a timely manner, but the hassle to troubleshoot through it is just extra work and time for me that I would rather not have to go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they will set you up for success. Specially if you're a small business. Many agencies out there don't know what they're doing nor put the attention needed on your business. But WordStream does give you that attention you need.

I am trying to reduce ad spend and get more leads. The benefits so far are getting quality leads and improving our online ads.

WordStream review by Ben R.
Ben R.

"Good but expensive and not necessary"

What do you like best?

Based on my experience, Wordstream sees best suited for companies that do not want to outsource their PPC advertising and want a Done With You solution. User interface and reporting have some excellent features but also some limitations, especially for agencies, see below. Weekly task list, the 20-minute work week, is good as is the consulting and coaching service but neither is a replacement for time spent working through the details of an account. Quality score suggestions are helpful. Query analysis is good. Ability to push to Google and Bing helps save time by reducing duplicated effort.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive and I prefer working directly in Google AdWords, the new version. Using Wordstream I felt one step removed from the process and preferred to work directly in Google AdWords. Reports are limited to services managed by Wordstream, making it necessary to send multiple reports in cases where other services need to be reported on. The other reporting issue I ran into is that I needed more robust call tracking features for my clients (Wordstream only provides one number) but when I switched to another call tracking provider I was not able to pull those results into my Wordstream reporting. This was a major limitation and the ultimate deal breaker that caused me to cancel the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the month to month plan to get started. I made a mistake and signed on for a year. When I decided I no longer needed it after a few months, it was not fun trying to cancel the contract early.

The problem that it solved for me was ramping my Google AdWords service for clients. I needed help getting started and Wordstream was a great way to start off strong and with confidence that I could do a good job serving my customers.

WordStream review by Jim L.
Jim L.

"Saving me money from day one"

What do you like best?

Wordstream has made it very easy to effectively market my business on a very difficult to understand platform. I spent countless hours trying to figure out how to use ad-words and many more hours reading tips and tricks to marketing with Google...all of these efforts combined were less effective than one session with Wordstream

What do you dislike?

As the software develops further it can get a little overwhelming trying to figure out the many different areas to address. Fortunately, the do have the "20 minute work week" to help navigate all of the obstacles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save yourself lots of time, headaches, and money. Use Wordstream to help you with your PPC campaigns.

We are able to limit the number of inquires we receive for services we do not offer and more effectively target the marketing audience we need to be communicating with. We are seeing better quality leads and lots of saved time in our lead qualifying process.

WordStream review by Piril E.
Piril E.

"WordStream provides us a clear understanding of how we can improve our Adwords experience."

What do you like best?

I like to be able to see and optimize all campaigns, reports, generic dashboard in a single platform. "20 Minute Work Week" gives me some tips and optimization ideas for our campaigns that we usually wouldn't aware. I also like the consulting meetings we have with WordStream rep. Every meeting, we get new insights that enlighten our aspect.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say that I dislike of anything, but it would be much better if I can also optimize our display campaigns in the "manage campaign" dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be more productive in search campaigns in several platforms, you would like WordStream as it offers more than you think. Every time I dig into WordStream, I find a different area to improve which overall increases our campaign performance.

I realized that I could do more in less time with WordStream dashboard. I can manage both Bing and Adwords in the same place and check out the reporting that includes both platforms. We are actively using WordStream to optimize search campaigns which helps us to improve campaign performance continually.

WordStream review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"WordStream review from Adam White - Marketing Director of Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals"

What do you like best?

I like the platform - very easy to use. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. They take time to make sure you understand how Adwords works for you. They also listen to what your marketing goals are, so they can partner with you to achieve what you want. They really helped me to understand how social media ads work, and how to use them for marketing purposes.

What do you dislike?

It needs to give information on the auction insight of google adwords. Would love to be able to see how other companies who use the same keywords are ranking with their ads...if that were possible. Being able to see your competition - not too spy, but to make sure you are meeting the expectation to compete with other same businesses - ie. if you need to adjust your budget. I would also like to see this in social media ads as well. To be able to see how ads are doing with other companies similar to mine own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. It is well forth the time and energy.

My cost per click have been down. My budget has really improved on my adwords account overall. I'm also glad that WordStream provides assistants with Facebook Ads. I thought that was something to spend marketing dollars on, but I have received leads and bookings just from facebook.

WordStream review by Quint C.
Quint C.

"Automation makes it so simple"

What do you like best?

Really appreciate the 20-minute work week recommendations. It makes for a good starting point on our PPC campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I have a few minor issues with the Text Replace feature when using it for text in ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a small dept of 2 people we don't have time to manage the behemoth that is Google AdWords. WordStream has boiled it down to the basics for us and has allowed us to consistently update our campaigns so they don't become stagnant.

Currently we are using WordStream to help manage our PPC campaigns with Google. In the past 3 months I've seen our spend budget go down each month and our conversions go up.

WordStream review by Doug F.
Doug F.

"Simple! Massive Time Saver! Incredible Support!"

What do you like best?

The support is off the charts! Answered all of my questions and helped me build campaigns that are delivering incredible results for my clients. They answer quickly and have a vested interest in your success.

What do you dislike?

Facebook integration continues to improve. Initially it only showed ads that were built within WordStream, now allows me to manage and edit ALL campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to help you scale the management of your ads, stop your search! This tool will make managing AdWords a breeze. Facebook management continues to improve, but having the data in one place allows you to aggregate and report on ad spend and conversions seamlessly.

I am able to managed multiple clients from one, easy to use interface. Making adjustments and optimizing campaigns for AdWords and Facebook is a breeze.

WordStream review by Breanna W.
Breanna W.

"Highly recommended this tool to any brand looking to expand their digital footprint!"

What do you like best?

As the digital marketing manager for Spring Arbor University, I have been using Wordstream for nearly 6 months now, and I have never been so instantly satisfied in a web tool. Wordstream is an effective, easy to use tool that helps me to quickly analyze our ad account, and make to support our goals. On top of that, our customer success manager is knowledgable, helpful, and provides actionable steps to help improve our account after every call. The platform, staff, and service for Worstream is all I could want in a paid search advertising platform. I highly recommend this tool to any brand looking to expand their digital footprint!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more for display, but according to my Customer Success rep, this is in the works!

At my job, I have to juggle all things digital. Before Wordstream, online advertising took up a significant part of my week, and I was unable to ever make recommendations for expanding our digital advertising. After beginning my partnership with Wordstream, I can confidently make weekly updates and new ad recommendations while still focusing on the other priorities of my job. My only complaint is I didn't sign up sooner!

WordStream review by Anastasis E.
Anastasis E.

"Streamlines working with Ads"

What do you like best?

I like that I can work on several different platforms at once, by working with this service it cuts my time needed to work on this. Also they have a fantastic support team and knowledge base. Their team responds usually within an hour with the answers to your question if you email them. They also have a chat function built their site which can help you instantly. There is a great advisory section on the site where they look at your accounts and make suggestions for you to make it more profitable. As complex as where you should add more adds or split adgroups or as simple like where to increase and decrease cpa, adding negative keywords to adgroups, or adding new keywords. They also have their own tracking template that you can add to your site for added conversion tracking.

What do you dislike?

The service every once in a while loads slowly. Other than that this service is perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it the service is great, and they have a fantastic support team. They responsive and knowledgeable, and always are very kind when contacted. They have a great advisory section where they look at your accounts and make suggestions for you to make it more profitable. As complex as where you should add more adds or split adgroups or as simple like where to increase and decrease cpa, adding negative keywords to adgroups, or adding new keywords. They also have their own tracking template that you can add to your site for added conversion tracking. All in all the service is great and I highly recommend it.

I am the only in person in my company that works on this and I work on several other projects. This service helps me work on ads on multiple ad platforms at once which saves me a great deal of time.

WordStream review by William C.
William C.

"A System Designed to Make Yours Better"

What do you like best?

WordStream has a clean interface that allows me to improve my AdWords accounts on a weekly basis, whether I have 15 minutes to spend, or 15 hours.

What do you dislike?

The 20-minute work week is one of my favorite features -- so much, that I wish it could be a daily work week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research -- it's a great program, but if you let it sit there and don't use it (which I'm sure some people do), you'd be better off just not running AdWords and saving that money as well.

We've been able to cut down on wasted ad spend on search queries that aren't relevant to our current product lines.

WordStream review by Amy J.
Amy J.

"Vastly saving time"

What do you like best?

As the primary person running all Adwords for our agency, I really appreciate that I can create multiple campaigns, ad groups, and ads with minimal effort. I can't say enough about how being able to pull up other ads I've already created and duplicate them with a few tweaks has reduced my time spent creating ads. I am also able to make bulk edits that save me significant amounts of time. I am able to quickly change out landing page links, and much more! I have been able to spend a lot more time cultivating new clients and increasing our customer base and revenue because of WordStream.

What do you dislike?

The tech team customer support has been a little lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are debating whether it's worth the value... It is. I've already gained additional clients due to the tools, support, and confidence in our ability to produce leads for our clients. I love that WordStream provides reporting in such a great easy to follow manner, and in 3 months I've already improved so much for my accounts through WordStream.

Because of the awesome Best Practice indicators, the suggested negative keywords, and bid optimization suggestions, I've greatly improved my client's accounts over a short period of time. I was also able to gain a new client last month because I was able to run the previous year's report and show him why Adwords had failed in the past.

WordStream review by Dan E.
Dan E.

"Wordstream Advisor Is The Best PPC Helper I've Found"

What do you like best?

The 20-Minute Work Week (20MWW) is great. I was initially skeptical, but found that I really can go through all the suggestions in 20-30 minutes. The 20MWW is first of all a weekly reminder that Adwords and Bing Ads need regular attention. Second, going through the suggestions each week performs helpful maintenance on aspects of my campaigns that would otherwise impact cost and effectiveness. Third, in going through the suggestions of the 20MWW I see other things in my campaigns and ad groups that could use attention. As much as possible, I try to make those adjustments immediately after completing the 20MWW. Within the 20MWW, I like the negative keyword suggestions best. Even though my products and industry are highly technical, I find that most of the negative keyword suggestions are good.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I dislike that there was not enough space to describe all the things I like about the 20MWW.

Within the 20MWW, I find the keyword suggestions to be the least useful. Perhaps it's a function of the technical terminology or the cryptic names and model numbers of our products, but I almost never accept the keyword suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accept all the live online trainings that are offered. Use the chat feature or email when you need help. Ask for additional training sessions if you need them. Give feedback -- Wordstream wants to make the app better and my experience is that they are listening.

Before deciding to try Advisor, I was getting help from an outside PPC consultant and using a different online PPC management helper. The consultant had the PPC expertise, but he did not know our industry. He couldn't write our ads or pick our keywords or negative keywords with any consistency. The other online helper was OK, but does not compare well to Advisor. In dropping the consultant and the other app and using Advisor, I cut our PPC management costs by about 70%. The regular addition of negative keywords cuts down on wasted spend and help me keep revenue above $10 per $1 of ad spend. The other aspect of the 20MWW that helps make our search advertising more productive are the suggestions about writing additional ads or rewriting less productive ads. The ad composition page in Advisor lists best practices in ad writing. As you compose your ad, Advisor puts a check mark by each of the best practice items you've achieved. It's a simple thing, but it's very helpful -- and it's motivating. When you have many hundreds of products, keywords, and ads to build and maintain, you can use some extra motivation here and there. Advisor lets me divide and conquer by taking a weekly bite out of my search advertising management problem.

WordStream review by Todd V. Y.
Todd V. Y.

"WordStream fits the bill."

What do you like best?

The most valuable asset? The conference calls with the account consultant who guides you through the changes needed, how to do them and understands your level of expertise.

What do you dislike?

Some may find the pricing beyond their budgets. Wordstream is only relevant if you are spending at the very minimum $3k/month and you do not have a full time resource for AdWords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have the time to admin AdWords and find the interface for AdWords daunting, WordStream will work for you. You still have to know AdWords and pay attention. It is not a full automation platform, nor should it be when you are spending money on AdWords ads.

During the course of my work week I can be found working on print, newsletter (email), product brochures, website maintenance and of course AdWords. Although I am an intermediate user of AdWords, I rarely have the time to devout as much time to it as I would like. Wordstream, allows me to pay attention to the details and not the pathway to find those details that need attention. AdWords has a horrid wayfinding system and if you don't know or (as per me) forget how to do something your not able to reach out for a quick answer from a real person. The changes and rules for best practice are also long and hard to remember. Making notes helps, but an interface that handles those issues and shows you how you are doing (such as writing ad copy) is paramount for someone who does not have a full time AdWords job function.

WordStream review by Gary F.
Gary F.

"Wordstream, one of the best PPC optimization tools out there"

What do you like best?

I like to say Wordstream is PPC optimization for Dummies. However, if you have some knowledge of how PPC works this is a fantastic tool to add to your arsenal. I have been able to further streamline our program reducing our CPA rates by over 40% while increasing our conversions rate significantly. Our monthly PPC spend is also down significantly that I was able to increase the number of ads we are doing from 9 to 15. One of the best features is the QueryStream and the 20-minute workweek. Yes, the QueryStream can also be found in the Google tool but I like the simplicity of the tool. With the 20-minute work week, you need to only log in once a week. However, I find if you log in more than once a week it can benefit you in further reducing wasted spend. if you're new to PPC this is the tool for you. If you are an experienced user you can still benefit from the tool.

What do you dislike?

If you are doing Product LIsting Ads it does pull the information into your account but does not allow you to do anything with that information. They could work on enhancing this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence about this tool it's worth the investment. If you manage multiple accounts as I do then your costs on a monthly is significantly reduced as you can spread the costs across the multiple accounts. The savings you will see in your PPC spending is worth the investment in this tool.

There were a number of goals in acquiring this tool. Mainly these are the ones I was focused on:

- Reduce our monthly Spend

- Increase our monthly conversions

- Increase our quality scores on Ads and Keywords

- Decrease our CPA cost.

- Improve on CPC cost

- Improve out CTR rate

Each of those metrics identified above we have seen improvement across the board. Our conversions rates are up and in February we set a record for online sales and number of conversions.

WordStream review by Lorle C.
Lorle C.

"They exceeded my expectations in terms of level of knowledge, personal service, professionalism. "

What do you like best?

I love the 20 minute work week. It's very very well done. Simple and quick enough to do that I do it almost every week without fail. I even like the "Holy Moley, you're a PC Wizard!" comment at the end. Fun touch.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to get more hours of consultation without having to sign a contract and commit to a certain number of hours. It shouldn't be so complicated to get more help and give my money to Wordstream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer. Not expensive. Great professional guidance. Easy program.

Cleaning up a mess with my Adwords account that someone else (who didn't know what they were doing) created.

WordStream review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Great product to help streamline PPC"

What do you like best?

The 20 minute workweek allows me to spend some effective time on the on-going management of my PPC campaigns. If you're new to PPC, I would definitely recommend adding the premier consulting, as my consultant was top-notch and helped me ramp up fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the load times can be a bit slow, and after 3 months, I'm not sure that I'm seeing any improvements on negative keywords to add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering utilizing WordStream if you've been less than impressed by PPC vendors.

While I had to spend significant time initially cleaning up the legacy account (and making some rookie mistakes along the way), it's been easy to manage utilizing the 20 minute work week.

My company had utilized multiple companies to manage PPC efforts over the years. We recently brought it in-house and were able to improve our CTR, quality scores, conversion rate and acquisition costs for a fraction of what we were paying a 3rd party to manage the account.

WordStream review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Consulting"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about WordStream is the access to their Customer Success Specialists. I'm a newer AdWords user and the consulting calls with their specialists have been extremely helpful when it comes to campaign set up and strategy. They are very flexible with my schedule and are always there to answer questions when I have them.

The dashboard and 20 minute work week sections of the site are also very useful. They provide quick, easy access to data that I would normally have to dig deep into AdWords to view. It saves a lot of time when you can see everything you need in one place.

I would definitely recommend!

What do you dislike?

I wish that their Facebook tracking was more built out.

Wordstream is extremely user friendly and provides top-notch support. It definitely takes time to learn where everything is. However, they make the site as easy to use as possible. It's hard to find something to dislike when it covers such a wide array of AdWords tracking and capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend!

We use WordStream to monitor and adjust our AdWords campaigns. We also use consulting hours for suggestions and optimizations.

WordStream review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"My Experience After Several Years As A WordStream Customer"

What do you like best?

When I started using Wordsteam I really enjoyed their software and learned a lot through their Premier Consulting Program. I had an excellent representative who I met with on a bi-monthly basis and he gave me tremendous insight into my account. He then left the company and I decided to move to managed services and that is when the problems began...

What do you dislike?

After a couple of years of Premier Consulting, my representative left WordStream and I was passed around to a handful of different representatives - each who I felt knew less than previous one. I had made the decision to move to Managed Services, hoping to see a better ROI on the account - but my experience was quite the opposite. First of all, the service is very expensive - I was paying over $1,600 a month and my advertising costs were sky rocketing. My cost per conversions were going up along with ad spend. There were tracking problem, especially with BING, that over the course of 9 months or so they could never figure out. All the monthly reports I was given meant nothing, they were all based on incorrect data and the time we spent going over them was a complete waste. I'm really sorry that things turned out this way as I was customer of Wordstream for nearly 4 years.

I really wish I would have stayed with the Premier Consulting and the software and never moved to Managed Services. I am very sad that things turned out this way. :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful! Don't turn over the reigns to your advertising and PPC to a third party and trust that they will do a great job. In the end, they are not personally connected to your money - so how could they really care if you start spending more and get less ROI?

Their software is ok, but why spend all the time learning to use their software, when you can just invest that time using the Google Adwords / Bing and Facebook interfaces?

The benefits in theory are to have someone else manage your advertising so you could dedicate your time to other aspects of your business - but at what costs? In my case, not only did I lose the $1,600 a month I needed to pay WordStream to "manage" my account - but I started spending significantly more money and getting less leads.

WordStream review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"Smarter AdWords"

What do you like best?

Automation and monitoring are key. Our staff can get high-level overviews of multiple clients and have an understanding of what is performing well. The 20 Minute Work Week function is an incredible timesaver as well.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup with AdWords was a little hard to figure out at first. There are some features that work better in the Ad Words panel, but the synch is seamless between the 2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo to make sure it works with what you need. Campaign managers are another great route.

We were trying to get our clients improved performance. WordStream was our solution. Once a campaign is set up the spend, as well as keywords, are analyzed. This analysis looks at ad groups, negative keywords, and new recommendations.

WordStream review by Juveria S.
Juveria S.

"Great Software, Even better people!"

What do you like best?

We have been using wordstream for a couple of months now - the software is great, very simple and convenient. The best part however is the staff. Right from the start, Matthew Goldney did a fantastic job of explaining why Worstream would be a good fit for us. He never pressurized us to buy into it, which is usually what account executives do. Signing the contract was easy and fast, and our customer success specialist David has been very helpful and professional. As I say it in my title, the software is very good, but the people are fantastic!

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have faced so far is - we have deleted all our old sitelink extensions on Adwords, but that is not showing up on Wordstream for some reason.

It helps us to put all our analytics in one place, and save time on maintaining the campaigns.

WordStream review by Jack W.
Jack W.

"Simplifies Adwords for the layman and saves money - lots"

What do you like best?

As small company with limited marketing resources Adwords can become expensive and unmanageable very easily. Wordsream's "20 minute workweek" solves this. We now managed our spends costs and have gained control of the monster. And as bonus our Quality Score has improved dramatically so more bang for buck..

What do you dislike?

The fact that you cannot design Landing pages for mulitple urls and implement Easy Tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need help to get grips with Adwords this product works

Search Advertising is the only advertising we do. It can be expensive but if well managed and closely monitored it is highly profitable.

WordStream review by Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.

"Save a ton of time"

What do you like best?

The 20-minute work week, coupled with the Query Stream helps to save a lot of time. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. I find it much faster than using AdWords and/or AdWords Editor.

What do you dislike?

It's more of a suggestion than a dislike, but I wish that the Query Stream allowed users to select more than one negative keyword (via the mouse click) than just one at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're juggling multiple projects, WordStream can save you a lot of time on your paid search campaigns. They offer a trial period and train you to use the software. Since using WordStream, our CPC has decreased and conversions have increased.

The main benefit in my case is time savings. I don't have to go searching through AdWords to find things that need improvement because Wordstream points them out in the 20 minute workweek feature.

WordStream review by Kelly F.
Kelly F.

"The Best Tool to Manange PPC Advertising"

What do you like best?

WordStream allows me to easily manage all of our PPC efforts. The 20 Minute Work Week takes the guesswork out of what ads/keywords are performing and what needs revision. The interface is user friendly, and the online training and webinars are fantastic. I've learned so much since joining WordStream; a webinar or learning tool is offered on any PPC topic you can imagine. It's honestly the best investment we made this year.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about WordStream. If I have to pick something, I'd say that the training options can be better organized. I'd like to see at a glance what sessions/webinars I completed, and place topics in a queue that I'd like to explore next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it. If you're able, invest in the consulting service. The weekly calls help you stay on track.

WordStream is slowly solving our PPC problems. Prior to joining, our account was managed by an agency. Our PPC efforts were disorganized and not attended to on a regular basis. It's much better now that I can monitor activities daily and make appropriate changes.

WordStream review by Michael D. R.
Michael D. R.

"Wordstream Feedback"

What do you like best?

Working with Wordstream and my advisor, we are starting to build out our Google Ads system to help build more effective and efficient advertising business for Basketball World Toronto. My experience has been very positive with the Wordstream team as they are professional and very organized. My advisor is very knowledgeable and is able to quickly learn my business challenges to help ensure my ads are customized for my business.

What do you dislike?

The challenge with the Wordstream system is to understand it quickly and then integrate a small part of your week to helping manage your Google Ads accounts. As the main contact for our business, it was a challenge to set aside the time required to make inroads into a large project. But the Wordstream team and their systems are making this big project easier to handle as it is broken down into weekly tasks which I can handle both from a resource standpoint and from a technical understanding point of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time at this system as I can see the benefits to my company. But just like everything else in business, it takes time.

We are looking to enhance Basketball World Toronto's new business by making more efficient Google Ads (and eventually Facebook Ads). Although the benefits are not realized, I have started to see how the Wordstream system can expedite my management of my advertising business and I look forward to feeling the ROI in the near future.

WordStream review by Shaun D.
Shaun D.

"Excellent Service & Customer Care"

What do you like best?

The interface is super easy to use and is crucial for someone who doesn't have the bandwidth to focus the majority of their day on SEO. We also opted for the premium consultant package, and this is a lifesaver. Our consultant is awesome, and makes the most of our time each month.

What do you dislike?

As of this time we haven't had any complaints about the Wordstream UI or our dedicated consultant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It will save you so much time and energy having this product, along with the dedicated consultant on a weekly basis.

My work week has been greatly facilitated by this service, and I can now better focus on other responsibilities, while still feeling confident that our SEO is heading in the right direction.

Better reach of our Adwords campaigns along with making the content more applicable, bringing overall monthly costs down.

WordStream review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Wordstream has increased my ability to manage hundreds of PPC accounts with ease and confidence."

What do you like best?

The feature on the Wordstream platform that I have found to be most efficient is the 20-minute PPC work week as well as the account reports to give an overall top-level perspective on the account's performance. We have seen an large lift in total performance with very satisfied clients.

What do you dislike?

Wordstream tends to be slightly slow in loading due to the amount of clients that we are uploading on a regular basis. The load time is very long which breaks our focus on account management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a large amount of clients, be prepared to be patient with the dashboard's load time to import from Adwords, export to Adwords and launch from the get-go. With smaller clients, it isn't so bad. Although larger clients with 20+ campaigns takes some time to finally load.

We have been able to successfully drive potential leads via phone calls and form submissions to our clients. We are able to record those leads using Google Analytics and relay the successful metrics to our clients. The user-friendly interface and handy features have given my team more time to optimize the accounts in detail.

WordStream review by Daniela C.
Daniela C.

"My review about WordStream"

What do you like best?

WordStream product actually makes everything very easy with PPC. With it, I'm ready to roll out improvements on the fly, refresh negatives all the time, and I can change my profile in significantly less time than it would take utilizing AdWords or AdWords Editor.

What do you dislike?

I don't have to many bad things about this tool,. I do miss with the Classic Editor how you would have the capacity to do the interface/columns .My scores have decreased since I added WordStream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The item truly pays for itself. Figure out how to function it into your financial plan and you'll see the outcomes quick.

With an item like our own, it's anything but no difficult to appear for the wrong groups. Accordingly, we were spending a great deal of cash on a ton of terrible leads. With WordStream I'm putting in more negative catchphrases, more medium to longer followed watchwords, in a small amount of the time it typically takes with AdWords or AdWords Editor.

WordStream review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"WordStream is an amazing tool to help simplify managing your PPC"

What do you like best?

If you are not a dedicated PPC manager, WordStream provides an awesome set of tools and a significantly more intuitive UI that really to help to simplify management of your PPC accountas. Also as a relative novice the way it encourages you to follow best practice and start investigating the different campaign set up and targeting options is an excellent way to build your understanding of PPC.

What do you dislike?

On of WordStream's few shortcomings, for me at least, is the lack of ability to manage display network ads but apparently this is in the works already. We are currently looking at other 3rd party solutions that will enable us to track PPC generated calls so to add even more value rolling out Call tracking in the UK would be another amazing improvement too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't a dedicated PPC professional, are struggling to find time to do more than just update an ad or dump in the odd keywords, and want to develop your understanding of the proper ways to setup, run and manage a SEM campaign... in the inimitable words of Hollywood superstar Shia Labeouf, JUST DO IT!!!

Time saving and simplifying our PPC management process have been enormous benefits, but having inherited much abused adwords account full of hastily put together campaigns Wordstream has already paid for it's self by helping me identify large chunks of wasted spend. Saving almost 30% on some campaigns, without any drop in conversions is a definite win for me!.

WordStream review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Excellent Task Manager & Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

The "20 minute Work Week" is a huge help. This tool allows me to make sure I am doing regular maintenance on our accounts and provides solid suggestions.

I particularly find the negative keywords and bid optimizer tools to be accurate and useful.

Moving keyword into new ad groups is a breeze.

The integrated call tracking is perfect for auto dealers. Leads are their life-blood, and the more leads I can track, the better.

We have found the reports to be a great way to tell the story to our clients. With a bit of editing, we send them to the client along with raw data. It's sort of like an infographic, which is easy for clients to digest.

What do you dislike?

The "add keywords" and some of the other sections of "20 minute work week" is often a bit out of touch with my goals and structure, but I can see how they would be helpful to a more traditional eCommerce business.

The program functions as an "app" and crashes a bit. (Not too often, though.) And Generally loading the app or navigating to a new page can be slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll find this easy to use and successful at managing multiple accounts/clients.

SCALE! I'm able to manage 10+ accounts as 1 person and feel confident that all my clients are being serviced properly. I'm still swamped, but not overwhelmed.

WordStream review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Makes Quick Work of AdWords Admin"

What do you like best?

UI is clean and MUCH better than native AdWords console. The "20 minute Work Week" legit saves time. Ability to integrate Facebook and *straightens face* Bing gives a simple, total CAQ across the 3 platforms.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest software, but I think you get what you pay for. I also don't find the CPA target-setting to be all that useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If AdWords are a big part of your strategy AND you don't love the native AdWords UI, this is a solid tool.

Headcount + time savings + better-looking reporting than typical agency stuff.

WordStream review by User in Information Technology and Services

"WordStream Review"

What do you like best?

I like that its easier to see how my campaigns are doing in a single snapshot and how everything is broken down into easy to digest metrics. Their social integrations are great too, but I only have limited experience with them. I do like the fact you can make a lookalike audience to target (or retarget) on google search, based on your social media audience. I think as a crossover marketing tool, it's strong, at least in that regard.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some of the options are hidden and its difficult to add things (such as call out or extensions to ads). I also dislike how the same recommendations pop up every week, even though I have dismissed them repeatedly for not being relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely take advantage of the training and monthly check-ins. If not necessarily for the recommendations they make for your campaigns, then for making sure you're using it correctly. I had several things set up wrong, and they were able to correct it within a couple of hours. Now I check in with them 1-2 times a month.

I use it primarily to stay on top of Goole's constantly changing policies and added features for google rankings and advertising.

WordStream review by Jenna B.
Jenna B.

"Wordstream is a great CPC management, analytics and analysis tool"

What do you like best?

It mines all the data and provides digestible recommendations weekly for quick wins. It is a great time saver, allowing you to do so many things for multiple platforms in one place. I like the keyword, negative keyword, query search term numbers they show in the side navigation. This allows you to visually see how many of each you have in various adgroups within the campaign you are managing without having to go into each one individually. The reports they provide are great monthly success reports you can provide to upper management to illustrate progress. In addition, the benchmark reporting they have available adhock is very helpful when trying to determine where you need to improve by analyzing date ranges and performance metrics. Very helpful when you need quick wins or a total restructure if you are inheriting an account from a predecessor.

What do you dislike?

You cannot manage remarketing using this platform. It is somewhat tedious to go back and forth between platforms for that one piece - especially when Bing is coming out with all these new remarketing features this year ... That being said, I have been told that Wordstream is working on adding remarketing as a feature on their platform. There is no ETA on when this might be available however.

Limited resources, easier management and faster analysis. Because I am a one-stop marketing shop I have to be able to do many things at one time. This tool helps me to be able to effectively juggle multiple balls at one time without dropping the SEM ball. It has already helped me to begin my restructuring process a lot less painfully then when I first began without it.

WordStream review by Mathew H.
Mathew H.

"Software That Actually Pays for Itself"

What do you like best?

WordStream's software literally makes everything easier with PPC. With it, I'm able to make changes on the fly, update negatives on a regular basis, and totally transform my account in much less time than it would take using AdWords or AdWords Editor.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I do miss with the Classic Editor how you would be able to customize the order of the columns. Personally, I like being able to look at Bid, CPC, 1st Page CPC and Top of Page CPC all next to one another

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product literally pays for itself. Find a way to work it into your budget and you'll see the results fast.

Overall spend and qualified leads hands down. With a product like ours, it's very easy to show up for the wrong audience. As a result, we were spending a lot of money on a lot of bad leads. With WordStream I'm putting in more negative keywords, more medium to longer tailed keywords, in a fraction of the time it usually takes with AdWords or AdWords Editor.

WordStream review by Whitley M.
Whitley M.

"20 Minute Work Week is the best!"

What do you like best?

The 20 minute work week really takes 20 minutes or less and helped me make changes in my account that I wouldn't have known to make without Wordstream.

What do you dislike?

The negative keyword suggestions aren't quite as thorough as I'd like. Some of the recommendations are to add really broad negative keywords that I probably wouldn't choose to exclude (and maybe because I know the client more) because I can think of ways a user may include that KW in their search term.

I've never really analyzed bid adjustments for devices before until using Wordstream. That has helped me put my clients' AdWords spend towards the best performing audience!

WordStream review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Great all-in-one online advertising management platform."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and simple insights on how to get the most of every dollar spent.

What do you dislike?

You can go very granular on the each ad platform but that comes with a price of sometime being a bit too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please go ahead and give it a try even if you use an angency right now. At least it will give you tools to discuss with your agency and challenge them.

We are not big enough to have a full time team or agency to run our paid advertising so this is a great solution for us. So getting most of each dollar is a priority for me and my team.

WordStream review by User in Design
User in Design

"Accessible help with the overwhelming Adwords environment"

What do you like best?

SImple interface to track progress and make basic changes, easy access via chat or phone call to customer service, access to a personal account manager to help with glitches, questions, etc.

What do you dislike?

The 20 minute manager seems to be a bit limited in functionality. However I am a relative newbie to PPC so I may just not know how to utilize the tools properly. I find myself jumping back and forth between the Adwords platform and Wordstream and of course articles on the net, trying to learn more and more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a bit to new to this to give others much guidance. I think it is worth the money for now to help me get organized. Not sure in future if it will be or not.

I was sucked in by Google's suggestions as a complete beginner with our Adwords account, and it got totally messed up before I realized what I was doing. Wordstream is helping me step back and decide what to focus on, and gives me suggestions to get me to a sensible mix of keywords, ads, etc. This traffic creates a significant part of our new business.

WordStream review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Excellent Improvement To Campaigns And It Pays for Itself"

What do you like best?

Unless you're an AdWords expert, Wordstream consultants will show you methods that you've never thought possible. The 20 minute work week creates goals for you to complete every week. Combining these methods you're certain to see an addition to conversions and revenue.

What do you dislike?

Every AdWords account is different. Some 20 minute work week methods can hurt some campaigns at first however every AdWords account needs trial an error. They can easily be figured out and fixed.

Consulting fees are a little high, but if you're dedicated to learning and managing your AdWords / Wordstream account, improvements are almost guaranteed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordstream gives you a weekly work schedule and shows new adjustments every week. There are many things beyond your 20 minutes work week to be done. The more you tweek everything the better but you need to wait to see results in order to properly analyze and execute your plan. Spending a few hours every week or two is a perfect formula.

Initially our goal was conversion tracking. Wordstream excels in creating goals to see results. Even though most of our orders aren't placed on the web, we also saw an increase to website revenue. On top of that, we then analyzed and improved our account to spend less and receive more conversions. Win, win & win.

Once you've analyzed and improved your account, you can start experimenting with new campaigns and keywords that you had not thought about. How do you find these keywords? Well, Wordstream can help you out with that too.

WordStream review by Dane S.
Dane S.

"The Best Software I have ever used"

What do you like best?

That the recommendations are easy to follow and prove to bring results with the most cost effective approach possible. I see the software helping me produce the results for my clients each and every day

What do you dislike?

I wish it worked alongside other softwares like hubspot and databox for reporting. The more combinations that work the more effective the software is for my clients and I

The time management and lead tracking. Being able to trace phone calls directly from paid by far benefits my clients in having all information surrounding leads etc. As well I believe this software have saved 1,000s dollars for each on of my clients while producing up to a 536% increase in the amount of conversions they are receiving

WordStream review by Cheryl W.
Cheryl W.

"Perfect for a newbie like me"

What do you like best?

I have a lot of questions and I always get not only answers, but help when I want it. My Premier Consultant, Ben, is great and their Chat is perfect for when I need information right at that moment. As I'm new to PPC, I don't have an experience to fall back on and I feel that I get the guidance I want while they're really trying to help me to it within my budget.

What do you dislike?

I really wish their dashboard could be in real time rather than a day late.

We're getting leads. People are finding our website and converting.

WordStream review by Kelsey R.
Kelsey R.

"Finally - a Transparent PPC Optimization Platform that Works! "

What do you like best?

Wordstream lets me learn while doing the PPC optimization work myself. Premier consulting has been fantastic, and in just a few months we have dramatically reduced our average CPC. Other platforms we've tried have account managers who do the updates for us, which doesn't allow me to oversee what's really happening on the other end, or be in control.

What do you dislike?

so far so good! Nothing to truly dislike. I'm not a huge fan of the CPA goal tracking because we are currently having Bing conversion tracking issues, which means that our CPA is showing up as higher than it should be = inaccurate data to judge by as KPI, but that's more of a Bing issue than anything. Would be great if we could get the BING ETAs in the dashboard soon to add and edit those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! The insights are fantastic, and the support staff is knowledgeable in all of the PPC changes happening

More conversions, lower CPC, and a better understanding of how to analyze and cut out the useless keywords, optimize bids for match type, and include all of the right pieces to get PPC ads working at peak performance for our e-commerce products.

WordStream review by User

"I LOVE THIS SOFTWARE, It tells me where to spend my money on Adwords and eliminates poor keyword."

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet, but I will let you know if I find one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will take the funds your already spending on AdWords and direct them toward the keywords that are working for you while eliminating the ones that aren't all on one easy platform. You can also use it for several different AdWords accounts and still only pay one minimal price. It helped me get a better grasp of my advertising budget which is set at $300 a month. Small business and large companies can both benefit from it.

I like that it best utilizes my AdWords budget to keywords that work for my industry and that are obtaining results. It took what I was spending and distributed it evenly so that my funds were working better for me while also generating reports I was not able to see before. I have stopped wasting money on keywords that are not working for me, whereas before I was incorrectly spending my budget in the wrong places. It also can handle several different accounts because I have several businesses and I only pay one price. Very user friendly platform and I wouldn't change it for the world.

WordStream review by User in Computer Software

"Unlocks paid advertising ROI for small teams or individuals"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of syncing with AdWords and the 20-minute work week. As the sole implementer of paid advertising at a startup along with many other roles, it's essential that I can quickly diagnose and implement effective changes across our paid campaigns. WordStream gives me the information I need to get our campaigns humming in ~2 hours a week.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding materials around the social advertising product aren't as robust as their AdWords materials. There are no training webinars available for the social product, while the AdWords product has at least two standing webinars every week. You can find the materials yourself, but this is a gap in their training portfolio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you review the tiered pricing based on ad spend, and recognize that it's backward looking so it'll apply to the spend on the month prior to when you sign your contract.

Also, take advantage of the extensive library of training ebooks and whitepapers that are available to you, and ask your account rep to compile these if need be. They're very helpful in getting the account up and running quickly.

We're solving the problem of getting our content in front of potential customers while we build our organic presence. Paid advertising lets us get laser-focused on our niche and get our content downloads out to more people, which in turn fill our conversion funnels.

We have directly attributable revenue coming out of our PPC efforts, and WordStream's time-saving software is a big part of that. The benefits of building our paid campaigns with a minimum of time investment lets us focus on other items, knowing that our campaigns are in a good spot.

WordStream review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"One stop paid marketing solution at a higher price"

What do you like best?

Wordstream combines all paid marketing platforms and displays CPL in relation to the marketing source in a pretty good way. 20-minute workouts are good... Optimization features are robust and directs to specific ad groups and helps in reducing Ad spend in non-relevant areas. Improves Ad quality by letting us decide on whether or not to active certain features. Finding duplicate and negative keywords is very simple.

What do you dislike?

20-minute workouts can be better, mainly in the social platforms area. As they tend to not have many recommendations depending on what is happening.

price is a little expensive compared to other management tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a one-stop solution that can deal with most of your paid advertising platforms for a price that you are happy (not so cost effective). This is the solution.

Makes it easier to optimize and locate settings that can be missed by human error

One stop solution that can manage all paid marketing channels.

WordStream review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"The edge I needed"

What do you like best?

As an independent consultant, the Wordstream software training and consulting make it feel like I have a support team regularly helping me pick and move my paid strategy. I'm steadily improving my understanding of paid tactics, and I have a consultant/advisor I can check in with to make sure I continue going in the right direction.

What do you dislike?

Using Wordstream for multiple clients helps mitigate some of the cost, however the spending threshold makes it difficult to do that. If I was with an agency or in-house at an organization, this would be a no-brainer, however as it stands it does get expensive on my own.

Search insights applied directly to my paid tactics have drastically improved my results. It allows me to optimize towards a CPA I wasn't able to achieve previously. It allows me to manage my campaigns independently. I don't need to outsource as much as I did prior to working with Wordstream.

WordStream review by Troy S.
Troy S.

"After travelling through the desert... I'm finally home."

What do you like best?

They now only helped me, but they educated me too. They made light work of correcting my mistakes. One of those mistakes being selecting other companies to try and manage my AdWords and Bing PPC accounts.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is the money I spent with other companies to manage my AdWords account. I try not to think about it.

I also dislike that WordStream educated me so much, that I had to change the name of my business. No joke. It was a lot of work. I hate them for showing me my errors. But it was so worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Hard to lose with WordStream. Even if you sign up temporarily. There is benefit of them retooling your accounts. It really worked for us.

My sales guy is awesome. He closes deals. It's my job to get him leads through our website. Well, when we got with WordStream, my account rep worked with me over a couple of weeks to reduce my CPA(Cost per Aquisition) and increase my CTR(Click Through Rate). It was in the success of the steps that led to these improvements that the data revealed the real issue. Visitors were not seeing what they wanted. I could spend $1,000,000 a month for advertising, but if my website doesn't reveal that we have and we are what our visitors are looking for... no conversions; no love. -_-

So, it was time for a complete rebranding of my company. It was a ton of work. It took me a couple of months to complete, but we're closing more deals than ever in our company's history. This all due to WordStream software and on-going support.

I've been on the web for a long time. But, we're a small shop. It's nice to have the advantage of a team of people keeping up with all the changes that Google and Bing throw at me.

WordStream review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Director of Marketing"

What do you like best?

Really like how much time Wordstream saves me for daily & weekly paid search maintenance. The Wordstream platform is intuitive & super easy to navigate unlike Adwords & Bing. Also their onboarding & training was fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about using Wordstream. Especially when you compare it to using Adwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend really focusing on the areas you need to improve upon in Paid Search & working with the Wordstream to get the most out of the onboarding consulting ours with their experts. I found this especially useful when setting up Wordstream.

Mainly using Wordstream to save time & keep on top of the multitude of time consuming tasks that are required to run efficient PPC campaigns. Also like the way Wordstream allows you to set a target CPA to work towards. Wordstream has allowed us to quickly see unprofitable campaigns & keywords. The biggest benefit has been the time it's saved me.

WordStream review by Administrator

"My WordStream Review"

What do you like best?

The WordStream UI is very intuitive and informative. I was looking for a solution to increase CTR's and lower CPC's and WordStream has provided that and then some. Our quality scores have gone up, click through rates have gone up and CPC has gone down. Also, the consulting calls have been extremely helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike about WordStream? Nothing yet. Dislikes in general? Skim milk. It's just water lying about being milk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to increase CTR, ad rank and lower CPC's, I wholly recommend WordStream.

Our ad position, quality scores and click through rates were not where I wanted them to be. Use of WordStream has brought all of them up to the levels I wanted to achieve. Higher quality score and CTR's led to better ad position and more conversions for more business.

WordStream review by User

"Adwords confusing? try Wordstream..."

What do you like best?

The 20 minute work week is the best thing for me. As a relative newbie to AdWords, I found the management of the AdWord campaign quite coplex and confusing. With the 20 minute work week they do all the hard work for you. They check what keywords are good, which aren't and many other suggestions that help maximise your campaign

What do you dislike?

When I asked a question about something I didn't know, it prompted me to submit a pre-formatted email requesting assistance. A day or so later I received an email back telling me to check the help section. That was it.

I could have worked that out myself. At the very least if you have an issue, the program itself should point you to the help section. Not make you fill in a form then wait for an email telling you that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tyr it! You've got nothing to loose. If you are struggling with understanding how to run and manage your AdWords campaign then this can really help. The automation is fantastic. It does most of the work for you. It looks at where you are going right and wrong and gives you suggestions for both.

Simply to maximise and streamline our AdWord campaign. AdWord can be very daunting for new commers. Having a simplified version can really help.

WordStream review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Good for english, not great for foreign languages, customer service is poor"

What do you like best?

easy to use interface that is web based, quick isolation of wasted spend keywords

What do you dislike?

Client service isn't good, offers to pause too many keywords even if they don't convert after 2-3 clicks, we use it for foreign languages as well and it's not as accurate. When we were paying $600 a month we had a dedicated account manager who was pretty useless and had a very rudimentary knowledge of adwords and was no able to offer any suggestions as to our foreign campaigns and nothing that I couldn't find by going to Wordstream's blog on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you can get it for less than $100 a month

Trying to better manage our adwords spend and account. It has helped us to better pick out keywords that weren't converting as well as quickly add new keywords and add some globally across multiple campaigns to a negative keyword list. The split adgroups feature is very helpful however lately the 20 minute work week hasn't had that many groups it suggest I split.

WordStream review by Mark d.
Mark d.

"WordStream is a great product, really helps manage our paid search accounts"

What do you like best?

I like how the software suggests keywords and negative keywords, as well as bids. A real time saver because we have a lot of keywords and campaigns running. Not having to go through each campaign to make sure the keywords are optimized really helps a lot.

I also like the reports and graphs it creates, it allows me to share the data in a way that others can understand. One look at the graph and you can see how well the campaign is doing and what areas need improvement.

What do you dislike?

I wish the landing page feature was a little better. I was hopping I could edit the form code itself, I guess that would be more advanced for some people. Currently I think it's great for someone who does not know how to create a landing page or online form. I think the advanced people who have built a website using HTML code would find it to simple. Work around is hosting the landing page / website on your own server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial and see how you like it, will definitely optimize your account even with the trial version.

Helps manage paid search faster and easier, a real time saver. Allowing us to be more productive with our time and even explore other marketing media as well as focus on what we do best.

WordStream review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"I really wanted to dislike WordStream"

What do you like best?

The ability to enhance your account with just a few clicks saves me so much time on a weekly/daily basis. The software helps you analyze the information, makes suggestions, yet also allows you to use many of the same functionalities that you'd use within Adwords itself.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more clarification on the conversions. Sometimes I need more information so I need to jump back to Adwords to get that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. I thought it was going to take so much away from my job, but really it's helped me do my job even better.

We've been able to streamline our process and save so much time with the help of the 20-minute workweek plus we've been able to enhance our campaigns using Query Stream. With a few clicks we can create new ad groups, add/remove keywords to ad groups, etc. All this has helped improve our quality score thereby helping us save money overall.

WordStream review by Ronda B.
Ronda B.

"Incredibly Happy with WordStream"

What do you like best?

The WordStream team is incredibly helpful, not just in learning their software but in helping us understand how to better manage and use AdWords. They have several options for help including; email, live-chat, phone and consulting sessions. We have used all of these options with great success. We continue to learn and improve our PPC campaigns on a weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

There have been some platform upgrades. This is actually not a bad thing for WordStream users, it was just bad timing for us. We started using the software and several months in, they upgraded and made some changes to the user interface. I think these changes will be great for users, including us. We've already noticed some functions that were not available when we started and are very useful and helpful. Like I mentioned, it was just bad timing for us because we are still learning the software and now there are some changes but we will roll with it and I have no doubt it will be great for us in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We scheduled the call to hear the pitch about WordStream with no actual interest in purchasing. We hoped we might pick up a few pointers. By the time the initial call was over we were more than interested. We have used other managing agents and tools to manage our PPC campaigns but have been very unhappy with the results. We have a very small market and our goal is not to have huge amounts of clicks because we don't have a huge amount of traffic. Our consultant at WordStream is the first person we've worked with that has really understood what we need and want. And the best part is, he has given us the knowledge and power to do it on our own. This would not have been possible without WordStream and their incredibly helpful staff.

We've been using WordStream for about 4 months. It has helped us to streamline our AdWords and Bing management. We have noticed a significant reduction in spending but have maintained our clicks and conversion goals. WordStream has already streamlined our PPC campaigns so much that it has practically already paid for itself and we know it will only improve with more time.

WordStream review by Hayley S.
Hayley S.

"Exceptional time management and educational tool"

What do you like best?

I greatly appreciate the one-on-one time with the rep. He's been very helpful in assisting me and providing me with the knowledge I need to have effective campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike so far and I've been using WordStream for a few months now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're managing multiple accounts, or even just one for that matter, WordStream provides excellent support with their product. I appreciate the weekly suggestions I receive on all accounts to continually improve on my SEO efforts.

With WordStream, I have been able to streamline managing multiple accounts. It's extremely convenient, creates a more efficient workflow, and I know they are there to help should I ever need it. Over the months of using WordStream I have watched the CPAs go down and the ROIs go up.

WordStream review by Cory D.
Cory D.

"WordStream Is So Helpful!"

What do you like best?

We loved that Wordstream gave us the power to streamline our Adwords account all in one place. It has also helped us to eliminate wasteful spending as well.

What do you dislike?

The only challenge is that if you are a bit unfamiliar with Adwords to begin with the terminology can be a bit overwhelming.

We are solving our issue of wasteful spending on keywords that are not relevant to our business. Also we are able to make sure that our ads are impactful in the ways that they should. There are plenty of benefits, but the one that is most useful to us is how we are able to streamline things all in one place.

WordStream review by Rush H.
Rush H.

"WordStream streamlines my work in Adwords"

What do you like best?

The interface allows me to make changes quickly. Performing those same tasks within the AdWords or AdWords Editor interface is much more cumbersome. The support team is terrific as well, as are the webinars that are offered. Any time I have a question I can call or email and get a useful response in a timely fashion. I also like the ability to make multiple changes within my account, and post it all at one time. I look forward to getting the 2 report cards each month. These are helpful to validate the actions I've taken, as well as provide data which shows the impact our AdWords account is having.

What do you dislike?

Not much, really. As with any tool, I guess, trying to teach it our industry terms took a little while. I wish I could see the previous days information more quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are struggling to manage an unruly AdWords campaign, give WordStream a shot. The 20 minute work week is real. You can get a lot done in a short period if you simply complete those tasks. At the same time, it encourages me to do even more, making the performance of my account even better.

WordStream, as well as their implementation team, helped me ad structure to my account, and my CTRs have gone from about 0.6% to 6.5-7%, This allows me to get much more value for the same spend than I got before.

WordStream review by Justin G.
Justin G.

"Easy to use, cost effective"

What do you like best?

I liked the 20-minute tool, because often in PPC time is sucked away extremely fast, so having a tool that has you focus on the key things that are most impactful helps.

What do you dislike?

Could use more ROI-based reporting to show the value you're getting both out of the tool and out of your PPC efforts in general. It's also tricky bringing a tool like this into a team when you're the 'ppc optimizer' so it's tricky to navigate the "you still need the human to control this" conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not for everyone, but it's a great tool to have. It's nice to have a health grade on your account too - which many managers like to see.

Time management, PPC efficiency, ability to go focus on larger projects.

WordStream review by Richard (Rick) L.
Richard (Rick) L.

"Need Help Trying To Navigate The Maze Of Online Advertising? STOP! Go to WordStream.com...NOW!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and LOVE the 20-minute work week.as a way to get your bearings, see through the fog, and start really drilling down towards building success.

However, there is more...the Customer. Support Team rocks! The Premier Consulting service is simply fabulous. From the moment our consultant comes online to work with us in our consulting session, we feel like our little company is the only thing that matters to Wordstream. Their knowledge is extensive and they are always helping us figure out how push the envelope of success.

Finally, their customer webinars are terrific. In honor WordStream, our company has adopted the 'Unicorn' as its office mascot!

What do you dislike?

Is there something to dislike? Really? As a small-medium sized business where we all wear lots of hats and our plates are always full, WordStream has been simply awesome in helping us manage our AdWords campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the awesome Customer Support Team through Premier Consulting. It will catapult you farther than you can imagine and exceed your expectations.

Saving tons of time and spending our precious resources way more wisely with outstanding results in CTR & CPA. WordStream is the only thing that we have found that offers us way to navigate the maze of on-line advertising and see the forest for the trees. We work with a global organization with whom we share some of our reports and since moving to WordStream we are getting good karma sent our way all the time, for the demonstrable progress we are able to share through the reporting system.

WordStream review by Ali B.
Ali B.

"I will not recommend WordStream services "

What do you like best?

They are very organized to contact you and complete their sales transaction.

What do you dislike?

Part of my package was the monthly assistance to look in to adwords and train me to optimize my profile. Obviously I have paid extra for this, I only used them for the first three months, and then I had no news from them.

My PPC charges has increased almost 100% with their new and suggested campaign. I lost more than $1500 a month for few month until I have stopped the campaign completely and I am now back to square one.

Nothing was solved.