WordStream

WordStream is a online advertising software platform built for small to medium sized businesses with step-by-step guidance on how to get more leads, customers and revenue quickly from paid search and paid social advertising campaigns.

Work for WordStream?

Learning about WordStream?

WordStream Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 528 WordStream reviews
WordStream review by <span>Laci L.</span>
Laci L.

Streamline AdWords Optimization & Save Yourself a ton of Time!

What do you like best?

I love the campaign builder and ad group builder tools, as well as the workbench and keyword grouper tools. These tools made a account reorganization so much faster and easier. I've found myself taking over old AdWords accounts and needing to restructure them on several occasions. Wordstream is a huge help when undertaking those projects. Wordstream also makes it easier to manage campaigns across platforms. For instance you can manage your AdWords, Bing, and Facebook ads all in one location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having more flexibility with time-frames when viewing reports within the interface. I'm also wish there were more flexibility in the landing page tools to create pages without registration forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it out so see if it fits your needs. The support team is awesome and they are always willing to help you through any issues that pop up for you.

I am primarily using Wordstream to streamline optimization of paid search campaigns. It's a lot friendlier than AdWords Editor and the new AdWords interface so you are able to pinpoint problems quickly and make optimizations without leaving the platform. It also works with Bing if you are so inclined. It helped us expand out account quickly. Wordstream also helps save time with campaign setup and restructuring if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to overhaul an account. My manager also loved it because he could log in and get a quick understanding of what was working and what wasn't without needing to know the ins and outs of paid search.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WordStream
WordStream review by <span>Dave F.</span>
Dave F.

Wordstream may be good for DYI managers but not powerful enough for agency quality mangement

What do you like best?

Simple suggestions that will improve performance for a campaign for the first few months.

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of key features than any advanced user or agency would need and the cost is about a third of what you might pay to hire an agency to do all the work for you. Some of the features not included that we find essential: 1. Does not use keyword lists in shared libraries. 2. Does not allow editing of shared budgets across multiple campaigns. 3. Does not notice common errors such as double counting in Google's conversion data reporting 4. Does not optimize for impression share which is one of the most important metrics for small campaigns. 5. Does not recommend ads to be expanded unless they are a top performing ad in terms of impressions which unlikely because an old add would naturally underperform. 6. Syncing changes from AdWords to Bing is actually more difficult than using the IMPORT CHANGES tool from Bing. The bottom line is that while WordStream can be valuable for the first few months of a campaign if you are a novice and don't know what the essential optimization process are, it's usefulness over time will fall off tremendously and you may eventually find yourself using the free tools provided by AdWords and Bing to manage your campaigns. For a professional agency, the tool is inadequate unless you are using it to help a lightly trained staff manage hundreds of campaigns and you have negotiated a very good price for the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a DYI manager this is a good tool for about 3 to 6 months and then you should be able to manage on your own using free tools. It could be good for the long haul if you just cannot be bothered to learn more about AdWords And Bing Ads (which can be confusing). If you are an agency, you may be better off using free tools from Bing and Google unless you have a large staff with high turnover and just want a tool to manage basic campaigns following the key best practices - but unless your management fees are very high you will find that a substantial amount of your margins will be devoured by WordStream fees. If you are an agency I would advise not locking yourself into a contract until you have demoed the tool fully so that you can experience its limitations.

Managing AdWords and Bing Campaigns. The only benefit realized is that after using this Tool and Marin we are very satisfied working with free tools provided by Google and Bing along with our own simple proprietary budgeting tools that work with Google Docs' API.

What Search Advertising solution do you use?

WordStream review by <span>Cody H.</span>
Cody H.

Outstanding platform for managing multiple clients

What do you like best?

What I like best about Wordstream is the 20 min work week. This allows me to streamline my efforts by offering keyword advice as well as bid adjustments and best practices. I also enjoy the month calls with our Wordstream rep. During these calls we can discuss any questions we have on the account as well as ways we can optimize our campaigns going forward.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Wordstream allowed more social integrations. I would also appreciate if all the functionality found within the adwords platform was accessable in the wordstream platform. In some instances we have had to login to Adwords to make adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For managing multiple clients this is one of the best products you can purchase.

As a digital markeing agency it is important that we manage our time efficiently when dealing with multiple clients. Wordstream allows us to streamline our efforts and effectively manage our clients adwords campaigns.

WordStream review by <span>Amber S.</span>
Amber S.

Very Helpful and a great way to save time

What do you like best?

I like that we have a dedicated rep to help us build our campaigns and give advise. It's better than us guessing at what we should do. The meetings are helpful in us being able to stay on track as well.

What do you dislike?

May just be the nature of it but our campaigns aren't performing as well as we would like. I think part of it is just us figuring out the right keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your meetings with your rep and don't put it off. They help a lot with implementation.

Our team is really busy and we aren't ready to add another staff member just dedicated to working on SEO full time. This is helping us to be able to make sure we are strengthening our SEO but not at a cost of having to hire someone or pull our team members away from their already busy schedules.

WordStream review by <span>Joseph J.</span>
Joseph J.

The experts at WordStream know what they're doing

What do you like best?

Every few weeks I get my consultation call with my personal WordStream rep and we dive right in to the PPC campaigns we have running. It isn't just a scripted "how-to" session. We talk about my real goals as a PPC advertiser and what I can do to enhance our current performance. I feel like WordStream and I are on the same team, not just a student sitting in class listening to a lecture. The platform is easy to use and cuts down the time I would spend on analysis ten-fold!

What do you dislike?

I have, at times, felt pressured to lead the consultation call rather than having my rep come with strategies ready. This only happened on a few calls and was fixed when we were able to set the stage for the next call at the end of the current consultation. So it's more of a suggestion than a complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear idea of your advertising goals before you get started. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to PPC advertising, but they can only do so much if you don't have an idea of where you want to go. WordStream is great for beginners, I was one, but I have found that the more prepared I am for the consultations, the more I get out of each session.

We're looking to become independent from lead brokers and generate customers from our own advertising efforts. The results have been customers who are more in tune to our product and service set by the time we talk to them on the phone.

WordStream review by <span>Guy B.</span>
Guy B.

Wordstream Has Been Invaluable

What do you like best?

Wordstream has been an important tool for us to quickly find out what is and is not working in our AdWords account. They have helped optimize and trim down costs, so we're only paying for terms that are converting. I've enjoyed the one-on-one attention I've received from Wordstream, as well as the in-depth training they have provided. Wordstream customer service has been responsive to every question and the knowledge of my Account Manager is superb. I consider Wordstream a partner for my company and am depending on them to help us continue to grow our E-Commerce capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been much I've disliked. I only encourage them to continue to fine-tune the tool. My major complaint is that they do not have a mobile app. I really think that will be important for them to do over the next year. I travel often, and usually do not have access to my laptop. A really nice mobile app would really help me with flexibility and make sure I don't skip a day reviewing my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an in-house marketing manager, who has to manage many other projects beyond e-commerce, Wordstream is a powerful tool to make sure you're not wasting time, money and energy.

The major problem Wordstream helped us resolve was wasteful spending. Wordstream has been invaluable in optimizing our search campaigns and making sure we only spend on things that are working.

Learning about WordStream?

* We monitor all WordStream reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.