WordStream

WordStream is a online advertising software platform built for small to medium sized businesses with step-by-step guidance on how to get more leads, customers and revenue quickly from paid search and paid social advertising campaigns.

Work for WordStream?

Learning about WordStream?

WordStream Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 585 WordStream reviews
WordStream review by <span>Jeffrey B.</span>
Jeffrey B.

"Great for novice or intermediates"

What do you like best?

We had been on Adwords for about 15 months and Bing for about 4 months, and in the first phone call learned enough to justify the first few months of investment. Within 2 months, our "bad searches" that were costing us 80% of our daily budget were down to about 20%. By the third month, we have reduced it to about 10% and have now added our Bing account for the same management. The 20-minute workweek is very helpful. It does sometimes make the same suggestion even though I have told it no. I guess that means I really should do it. The monthly calls are very helpful at direction, and the email and online chat support between calls is good for those issues and questions that come up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard to get the monthly call scheduled, need to schedule them a bit far out, just causes me to look forward more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial for 6 months, unless you are an expert and can prove it because you have no bad searches, it will be worth it.

We are trying to gain more inquiries and applications, which is what has happened. Our rate of inquiries who found us through internet search is up over 100% from last year, so that is exactly what we wanted.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WordStream
WordStream review by <span>Summer M.</span>
Summer M.

"Wordstream, the Personal Assistant I didn't have to train."

What do you like best?

This program helps cut down the amount of time in which I spend on my PPC campaigns. When you manage a large account like me, it could literally take days of work to find just duplicate keywords alone. Wordstream is pretty much a PPC campaign personal assistant, that's smarter than you, that you didn't have to train.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about Wordstream. It makes my job a lot easier and more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your account will run more efficiently with WordStream. While you may be highly skilled, nothing beats automation. Take advantage of your training calls once you sign up with WordStream. They are very helpful. Write down any questions you have between calls. They'll be happy to clarify anything you're unsure about.

I've cut down on wasted spending since starting with WordStream. If you actually dive into it, it can work with you to make managing your PPC campaigns run a lot better. If you don't like to waste money, get WordStream.

What Search Advertising solution do you use?

WordStream review by <span>Jennifer G.</span>
Jennifer G.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

As a company with a very limited, very specific audience, with A LOT of search words to describe our software, we have unique challenges with Adwords Campaigns. Our Account Specialist Rebeka has been incredibly helpful getting to understand these challenges and offer solutions that may be different from the standard, but fit with our unique situation.

What do you dislike?

The lack of contract flexibility when we worked through the deal was very frustrating. This is different than the way we do business and it was disappointing to have to work so hard to get additional consultant hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful software but the best part we have found (so far as we are just a couple months in) is the account rep assigned to help us improve things before we move to the 20 min work week.

Improved efficiency with regards to ad spend and internal resources

By allowing our internal staff to focus on what they do best, and let Wordstream improve the efficiency of our ad spend, we are winning on two fronts.

WordStream review by <span>Laci L.</span>
Laci L.

"Streamline AdWords Optimization & Save Yourself a ton of Time!"

What do you like best?

I love the campaign builder and ad group builder tools, as well as the workbench and keyword grouper tools. These tools made a account reorganization so much faster and easier. I've found myself taking over old AdWords accounts and needing to restructure them on several occasions. Wordstream is a huge help when undertaking those projects. Wordstream also makes it easier to manage campaigns across platforms. For instance you can manage your AdWords, Bing, and Facebook ads all in one location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having more flexibility with time-frames when viewing reports within the interface. I'm also wish there were more flexibility in the landing page tools to create pages without registration forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it out so see if it fits your needs. The support team is awesome and they are always willing to help you through any issues that pop up for you.

I am primarily using Wordstream to streamline optimization of paid search campaigns. It's a lot friendlier than AdWords Editor and the new AdWords interface so you are able to pinpoint problems quickly and make optimizations without leaving the platform. It also works with Bing if you are so inclined. It helped us expand out account quickly. Wordstream also helps save time with campaign setup and restructuring if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to overhaul an account. My manager also loved it because he could log in and get a quick understanding of what was working and what wasn't without needing to know the ins and outs of paid search.

WordStream review by <span>Dave F.</span>
Dave F.

"Wordstream may be good for DYI managers but not powerful enough for agency quality mangement"

What do you like best?

Simple suggestions that will improve performance for a campaign for the first few months.

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of key features than any advanced user or agency would need and the cost is about a third of what you might pay to hire an agency to do all the work for you. Some of the features not included that we find essential: 1. Does not use keyword lists in shared libraries. 2. Does not allow editing of shared budgets across multiple campaigns. 3. Does not notice common errors such as double counting in Google's conversion data reporting 4. Does not optimize for impression share which is one of the most important metrics for small campaigns. 5. Does not recommend ads to be expanded unless they are a top performing ad in terms of impressions which unlikely because an old add would naturally underperform. 6. Syncing changes from AdWords to Bing is actually more difficult than using the IMPORT CHANGES tool from Bing. The bottom line is that while WordStream can be valuable for the first few months of a campaign if you are a novice and don't know what the essential optimization process are, it's usefulness over time will fall off tremendously and you may eventually find yourself using the free tools provided by AdWords and Bing to manage your campaigns. For a professional agency, the tool is inadequate unless you are using it to help a lightly trained staff manage hundreds of campaigns and you have negotiated a very good price for the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a DYI manager this is a good tool for about 3 to 6 months and then you should be able to manage on your own using free tools. It could be good for the long haul if you just cannot be bothered to learn more about AdWords And Bing Ads (which can be confusing). If you are an agency, you may be better off using free tools from Bing and Google unless you have a large staff with high turnover and just want a tool to manage basic campaigns following the key best practices - but unless your management fees are very high you will find that a substantial amount of your margins will be devoured by WordStream fees. If you are an agency I would advise not locking yourself into a contract until you have demoed the tool fully so that you can experience its limitations.

Managing AdWords and Bing Campaigns. The only benefit realized is that after using this Tool and Marin we are very satisfied working with free tools provided by Google and Bing along with our own simple proprietary budgeting tools that work with Google Docs' API.

WordStream review by <span>Cody H.</span>
Cody H.

"Outstanding platform for managing multiple clients"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Wordstream is the 20 min work week. This allows me to streamline my efforts by offering keyword advice as well as bid adjustments and best practices. I also enjoy the month calls with our Wordstream rep. During these calls we can discuss any questions we have on the account as well as ways we can optimize our campaigns going forward.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Wordstream allowed more social integrations. I would also appreciate if all the functionality found within the adwords platform was accessable in the wordstream platform. In some instances we have had to login to Adwords to make adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For managing multiple clients this is one of the best products you can purchase.

As a digital markeing agency it is important that we manage our time efficiently when dealing with multiple clients. Wordstream allows us to streamline our efforts and effectively manage our clients adwords campaigns.

Learning about WordStream?

* We monitor all WordStream reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.