WordStream

WordStream is a online advertising software platform built for small to medium sized businesses with step-by-step guidance on how to get more leads, customers and revenue quickly from paid search and paid social advertising campaigns.

Work for WordStream?

Learning about WordStream?

WordStream Reviews

Showing 662 WordStream reviews
WordStream review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"Great product for managing your ads"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and the customer service is great. It took very little time to get set up on the platform and get going. The 20 minute work week is very easy to use. It definitely simplifies out the process of managing your ads. The platform recommendations are pretty straightforward but the UI is 1000x better than the UIs Google and Bing provide which makes it a lot easier and faster to work out of. You're able to quickly get in, make some changes, and then upload them with one click which is really nice. Google and Bing I find can be tedious to work through.

What do you dislike?

Site can be a little clunky to use sometimes and a couple of the 20 minute work week items may not seem obvious but their on-boarding team was great and extremely responsive walking me through the process. The sales team is a little aggressive but they work hard to close a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can look expensive upfront but the long term cost savings can become apparent right away depending on your current average keyword costs. Their plans incentivize you to pay the annual fee upfront and they can be worthwhile.

We solved how we managed ad spend. We saw increased conversion rates and higher quality users entering our site after using their platform. The platform simplified out our ad management which made things a lot easier for us especially when managing across a couple of accounts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WordStream
WordStream review by Reinard D.
Reinard D.

"Easiest money I spend every month"

What do you like best?

Just the ease of use and how the platform provides expert, easy to understand guidance on how to improve the performance of your campaigns. As a new user only having used AdWords in the past, this was such a change of pace, for the good. I'm not sure who Google copied when they updated the AdWords dashboard, but I have a sneaky suspicion they were looking at WordStream. Customer service is also great, I live in a country 6 time zones ahead of Boston, my account representative has always gone the extra mile to setup calls, training and feedback sessions. So if you're in another country, there should be no worries about service levels.

What do you dislike?

To list things I dislike would be to gripe over small things that are probably outside of WordStream's control. Small UI fixes, a file size restriction, but, other than that I have absolutely no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a platform that makes setting up and managing AdWords and Facebook campaigns a breeze, gives you relevant advice on how to improve the performance of your campaigns and is budget friendly, WordStream should be your first port of call.

We recently launched an online booking portal for our holiday resorts. WordStream was the quickest way for us to get up to speed and drive potential customers to our website, and from our social media sites, drive conversions. It's easy to report on all our activities and integration of the WordStream e-commerce tag was very easy.

What Search Advertising solution do you use?

WordStream review by David O.
David O.

"WordStream Success!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about WordStream is how it has made such a daunting task as organising my company's AdWords account into a very simple task. In particular, the 20 Minute Work Week feature has truly simplified the various tasks involved with improving my company's online performance. Rather than spend hours pulling my hair out trying to navigate Google's confusing AdWords interface, WordStream makes everything clear. If you find AdWords daunting, look no further than WordStream. Their support staff are experts who are beyond helpful!

What do you dislike?

If I had to make one change to WordStream, it would be

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will lighten your workload tenfold - try out the free trial and you won't look back!

WordStream has simplified how I use AdWords, BingAds and Facebook Advertising. I can now post new ads in one place for all 3 platforms. I can track what adverts are working best, and where they are working best too!

WordStream review by Dustin H.
Dustin H.

"The Gold Standard in SEM Efficiency "

What do you like best?

Removes duplicates: The platform has a tool that enables marketers to easily identify duplicate keywords across campaigns, ad groups, and the account; from there duplicates can be paused in an effort to improve quality scores and account performance.

Bid management: WordStream reveals which current keywords can improve campaign performance by increasing and decreasing their bids - updates can be made on the spot.

Ad optimizations: WordStream scans paid search accounts to ensure each ad group is using high performing ads. Marketers can quickly create new ads, and pause ads based on the tool's recommendations.

What do you dislike?

Keyword URL updates: Ad extensions support could be better. WordSteam provides recommendations on how to improve some ad extensions; however, Google's newer ad extensions (Structured Snippets) are not supported by the tool. There should also be an easy way to add new keywords to the account and concurrently add custom keyword level "final URLs" to each keyword (this is important for Marketers who use custom tracking parameters at the keyword level).

Integrations: Currently, WordStream only integrates with AdWords, Bing, and Facebook - the tool would provide much more value if it integrated with more platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordStream is a little different from the competition. There are much more expensive solutions that manage the account for you with more features (Kenshoo, Marin, etc) and there are cheaper solutions out there that offer some of the features that WordStream provides; however, if a marketer wants to personally manage an account with some aided help than WordStream provides a great, cost-effective solution.

We use WordSteam to better manage and optimize our SEM campaigns. Since the tool is meant to primarily improve the efficiency of SEM managers it is not being utilized broadly across our organization. The tool enables me to quickly identify areas in our paid search accounts that need to be optimized (bids, keywords, ads, etc) and improve them on the spot.

WordStream review by Max W.
Max W.

"WordStream made my job a lot easier."

What do you like best?

I like that WordStream saves me so much time. I don't have to spend a ton of time digging through keyword lists and checking what bid worked best for which ad/keyword - this took all the hassle out of it. To be honest, I kind of look forward to the 20-minute work week because it makes optimizing campaigns a lot less troublesome and the user-interface is very easy to work with. The customer service is great, too - Alec Battista has been very helpful whenever I've had a question and he's very timely with his responses. I appreciate that.

What do you dislike?

I've been using WordStream for a couple of months now and I can't say I have any complaints at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend it just for the fact that whoever is managing your PPC is going to save a bunch of time - and since this also helps manage social media ads, your potential savings are significant. It's definitely cut down on my workload.

The New Business element you've recently added has tipped the scales in a couple of situations when our sales team has dealt with potential clients. It's nice to be able to generate a report and give them actual data on how we can make improvements on their campaigns. We've definitely realized the time savings - that's by far the most appreciated benefit so far.

WordStream review by Isa L.
Isa L.

"Insightful Strategies powered by Great Service"

What do you like best?

The passion of each employee in helping us succeed is what I love the most. I love the fact that each suggestion comes with a reason behind. The rep assigned to me is very knowledgeable in all areas of digital marketing (SEO, email marketing, SEM), which makes his advice a well rounded advice that I can trust.

The team is easily reachable at all times, and booking an appointment is easy.

The platform is relatively easy to use, and there are tutorials available if needed. Every premium consultation call has been very helpful. The rep gave me screenshots or recordings of our sessions so I can always go back and review them if I had questions after the call.

What do you dislike?

the glitches and errors on the Wordstream Advisor Platform. Sometimes there are sync errors with Google Adwords platform so it delays my work. the support team responds in a timely manner, but the hassle to troubleshoot through it is just extra work and time for me that I would rather not have to go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they will set you up for success. Specially if you're a small business. Many agencies out there don't know what they're doing nor put the attention needed on your business. But WordStream does give you that attention you need.

I am trying to reduce ad spend and get more leads. The benefits so far are getting quality leads and improving our online ads.

WordStream review by Piril E.
Piril E.

"WordStream provides us a clear understanding of how we can improve our Adwords experience."

What do you like best?

I like to be able to see and optimize all campaigns, reports, generic dashboard in a single platform. "20 Minute Work Week" gives me some tips and optimization ideas for our campaigns that we usually wouldn't aware. I also like the consulting meetings we have with WordStream rep. Every meeting, we get new insights that enlighten our aspect.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say that I dislike of anything, but it would be much better if I can also optimize our display campaigns in the "manage campaign" dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be more productive in search campaigns in several platforms, you would like WordStream as it offers more than you think. Every time I dig into WordStream, I find a different area to improve which overall increases our campaign performance.

I realized that I could do more in less time with WordStream dashboard. I can manage both Bing and Adwords in the same place and check out the reporting that includes both platforms. We are actively using WordStream to optimize search campaigns which helps us to improve campaign performance continually.

WordStream review by Jeffrey B.
Jeffrey B.

"Great for novice or intermediates"

What do you like best?

We had been on Adwords for about 15 months and Bing for about 4 months, and in the first phone call learned enough to justify the first few months of investment. Within 2 months, our "bad searches" that were costing us 80% of our daily budget were down to about 20%. By the third month, we have reduced it to about 10% and have now added our Bing account for the same management. The 20-minute workweek is very helpful. It does sometimes make the same suggestion even though I have told it no. I guess that means I really should do it. The monthly calls are very helpful at direction, and the email and online chat support between calls is good for those issues and questions that come up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its hard to get the monthly call scheduled, need to schedule them a bit far out, just causes me to look forward more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial for 6 months, unless you are an expert and can prove it because you have no bad searches, it will be worth it.

We are trying to gain more inquiries and applications, which is what has happened. Our rate of inquiries who found us through internet search is up over 100% from last year, so that is exactly what we wanted.

WordStream review by Summer M.
Summer M.

"Wordstream, the Personal Assistant I didn't have to train."

What do you like best?

This program helps cut down the amount of time in which I spend on my PPC campaigns. When you manage a large account like me, it could literally take days of work to find just duplicate keywords alone. Wordstream is pretty much a PPC campaign personal assistant, that's smarter than you, that you didn't have to train.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about Wordstream. It makes my job a lot easier and more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Your account will run more efficiently with WordStream. While you may be highly skilled, nothing beats automation. Take advantage of your training calls once you sign up with WordStream. They are very helpful. Write down any questions you have between calls. They'll be happy to clarify anything you're unsure about.

I've cut down on wasted spending since starting with WordStream. If you actually dive into it, it can work with you to make managing your PPC campaigns run a lot better. If you don't like to waste money, get WordStream.

WordStream review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

As a company with a very limited, very specific audience, with A LOT of search words to describe our software, we have unique challenges with Adwords Campaigns. Our Account Specialist Rebeka has been incredibly helpful getting to understand these challenges and offer solutions that may be different from the standard, but fit with our unique situation.

What do you dislike?

The lack of contract flexibility when we worked through the deal was very frustrating. This is different than the way we do business and it was disappointing to have to work so hard to get additional consultant hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful software but the best part we have found (so far as we are just a couple months in) is the account rep assigned to help us improve things before we move to the 20 min work week.

Improved efficiency with regards to ad spend and internal resources

By allowing our internal staff to focus on what they do best, and let Wordstream improve the efficiency of our ad spend, we are winning on two fronts.

WordStream review by Laci L.
Laci L.

"Streamline AdWords Optimization & Save Yourself a ton of Time!"

What do you like best?

I love the campaign builder and ad group builder tools, as well as the workbench and keyword grouper tools. These tools made a account reorganization so much faster and easier. I've found myself taking over old AdWords accounts and needing to restructure them on several occasions. Wordstream is a huge help when undertaking those projects. Wordstream also makes it easier to manage campaigns across platforms. For instance you can manage your AdWords, Bing, and Facebook ads all in one location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having more flexibility with time-frames when viewing reports within the interface. I'm also wish there were more flexibility in the landing page tools to create pages without registration forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it out so see if it fits your needs. The support team is awesome and they are always willing to help you through any issues that pop up for you.

I am primarily using Wordstream to streamline optimization of paid search campaigns. It's a lot friendlier than AdWords Editor and the new AdWords interface so you are able to pinpoint problems quickly and make optimizations without leaving the platform. It also works with Bing if you are so inclined. It helped us expand out account quickly. Wordstream also helps save time with campaign setup and restructuring if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to overhaul an account. My manager also loved it because he could log in and get a quick understanding of what was working and what wasn't without needing to know the ins and outs of paid search.

WordStream review by Amy J.
Amy J.

"Vastly saving time"

What do you like best?

As the primary person running all Adwords for our agency, I really appreciate that I can create multiple campaigns, ad groups, and ads with minimal effort. I can't say enough about how being able to pull up other ads I've already created and duplicate them with a few tweaks has reduced my time spent creating ads. I am also able to make bulk edits that save me significant amounts of time. I am able to quickly change out landing page links, and much more! I have been able to spend a lot more time cultivating new clients and increasing our customer base and revenue because of WordStream.

What do you dislike?

The tech team customer support has been a little lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are debating whether it's worth the value... It is. I've already gained additional clients due to the tools, support, and confidence in our ability to produce leads for our clients. I love that WordStream provides reporting in such a great easy to follow manner, and in 3 months I've already improved so much for my accounts through WordStream.

Because of the awesome Best Practice indicators, the suggested negative keywords, and bid optimization suggestions, I've greatly improved my client's accounts over a short period of time. I was also able to gain a new client last month because I was able to run the previous year's report and show him why Adwords had failed in the past.

WordStream review by Dan E.
Dan E.

"Wordstream Advisor Is The Best PPC Helper I've Found"

What do you like best?

The 20-Minute Work Week (20MWW) is great. I was initially skeptical, but found that I really can go through all the suggestions in 20-30 minutes. The 20MWW is first of all a weekly reminder that Adwords and Bing Ads need regular attention. Second, going through the suggestions each week performs helpful maintenance on aspects of my campaigns that would otherwise impact cost and effectiveness. Third, in going through the suggestions of the 20MWW I see other things in my campaigns and ad groups that could use attention. As much as possible, I try to make those adjustments immediately after completing the 20MWW. Within the 20MWW, I like the negative keyword suggestions best. Even though my products and industry are highly technical, I find that most of the negative keyword suggestions are good.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I dislike that there was not enough space to describe all the things I like about the 20MWW.

Within the 20MWW, I find the keyword suggestions to be the least useful. Perhaps it's a function of the technical terminology or the cryptic names and model numbers of our products, but I almost never accept the keyword suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accept all the live online trainings that are offered. Use the chat feature or email when you need help. Ask for additional training sessions if you need them. Give feedback -- Wordstream wants to make the app better and my experience is that they are listening.

Before deciding to try Advisor, I was getting help from an outside PPC consultant and using a different online PPC management helper. The consultant had the PPC expertise, but he did not know our industry. He couldn't write our ads or pick our keywords or negative keywords with any consistency. The other online helper was OK, but does not compare well to Advisor. In dropping the consultant and the other app and using Advisor, I cut our PPC management costs by about 70%. The regular addition of negative keywords cuts down on wasted spend and help me keep revenue above $10 per $1 of ad spend. The other aspect of the 20MWW that helps make our search advertising more productive are the suggestions about writing additional ads or rewriting less productive ads. The ad composition page in Advisor lists best practices in ad writing. As you compose your ad, Advisor puts a check mark by each of the best practice items you've achieved. It's a simple thing, but it's very helpful -- and it's motivating. When you have many hundreds of products, keywords, and ads to build and maintain, you can use some extra motivation here and there. Advisor lets me divide and conquer by taking a weekly bite out of my search advertising management problem.

WordStream review by Dave F.
Dave F.

"Wordstream may be good for DYI managers but not powerful enough for agency quality mangement"

What do you like best?

Simple suggestions that will improve performance for a campaign for the first few months.

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of key features than any advanced user or agency would need and the cost is about a third of what you might pay to hire an agency to do all the work for you. Some of the features not included that we find essential: 1. Does not use keyword lists in shared libraries. 2. Does not allow editing of shared budgets across multiple campaigns. 3. Does not notice common errors such as double counting in Google's conversion data reporting 4. Does not optimize for impression share which is one of the most important metrics for small campaigns. 5. Does not recommend ads to be expanded unless they are a top performing ad in terms of impressions which unlikely because an old add would naturally underperform. 6. Syncing changes from AdWords to Bing is actually more difficult than using the IMPORT CHANGES tool from Bing. The bottom line is that while WordStream can be valuable for the first few months of a campaign if you are a novice and don't know what the essential optimization process are, it's usefulness over time will fall off tremendously and you may eventually find yourself using the free tools provided by AdWords and Bing to manage your campaigns. For a professional agency, the tool is inadequate unless you are using it to help a lightly trained staff manage hundreds of campaigns and you have negotiated a very good price for the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a DYI manager this is a good tool for about 3 to 6 months and then you should be able to manage on your own using free tools. It could be good for the long haul if you just cannot be bothered to learn more about AdWords And Bing Ads (which can be confusing). If you are an agency, you may be better off using free tools from Bing and Google unless you have a large staff with high turnover and just want a tool to manage basic campaigns following the key best practices - but unless your management fees are very high you will find that a substantial amount of your margins will be devoured by WordStream fees. If you are an agency I would advise not locking yourself into a contract until you have demoed the tool fully so that you can experience its limitations.

Managing AdWords and Bing Campaigns. The only benefit realized is that after using this Tool and Marin we are very satisfied working with free tools provided by Google and Bing along with our own simple proprietary budgeting tools that work with Google Docs' API.

WordStream review by Cody H.
Cody H.

"Outstanding platform for managing multiple clients"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Wordstream is the 20 min work week. This allows me to streamline my efforts by offering keyword advice as well as bid adjustments and best practices. I also enjoy the month calls with our Wordstream rep. During these calls we can discuss any questions we have on the account as well as ways we can optimize our campaigns going forward.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Wordstream allowed more social integrations. I would also appreciate if all the functionality found within the adwords platform was accessable in the wordstream platform. In some instances we have had to login to Adwords to make adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For managing multiple clients this is one of the best products you can purchase.

As a digital markeing agency it is important that we manage our time efficiently when dealing with multiple clients. Wordstream allows us to streamline our efforts and effectively manage our clients adwords campaigns.

WordStream review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"Very Helpful and a great way to save time"

What do you like best?

I like that we have a dedicated rep to help us build our campaigns and give advise. It's better than us guessing at what we should do. The meetings are helpful in us being able to stay on track as well.

What do you dislike?

May just be the nature of it but our campaigns aren't performing as well as we would like. I think part of it is just us figuring out the right keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your meetings with your rep and don't put it off. They help a lot with implementation.

Our team is really busy and we aren't ready to add another staff member just dedicated to working on SEO full time. This is helping us to be able to make sure we are strengthening our SEO but not at a cost of having to hire someone or pull our team members away from their already busy schedules.

WordStream review by Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.

"Save a ton of time"

What do you like best?

The 20-minute work week, coupled with the Query Stream helps to save a lot of time. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. I find it much faster than using AdWords and/or AdWords Editor.

What do you dislike?

It's more of a suggestion than a dislike, but I wish that the Query Stream allowed users to select more than one negative keyword (via the mouse click) than just one at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're juggling multiple projects, WordStream can save you a lot of time on your paid search campaigns. They offer a trial period and train you to use the software. Since using WordStream, our CPC has decreased and conversions have increased.

The main benefit in my case is time savings. I don't have to go searching through AdWords to find things that need improvement because Wordstream points them out in the 20 minute workweek feature.

WordStream review by Shaun D.
Shaun D.

"Excellent Service & Customer Care"

What do you like best?

The interface is super easy to use and is crucial for someone who doesn't have the bandwidth to focus the majority of their day on SEO. We also opted for the premium consultant package, and this is a lifesaver. Our consultant is awesome, and makes the most of our time each month.

What do you dislike?

As of this time we haven't had any complaints about the Wordstream UI or our dedicated consultant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It will save you so much time and energy having this product, along with the dedicated consultant on a weekly basis.

My work week has been greatly facilitated by this service, and I can now better focus on other responsibilities, while still feeling confident that our SEO is heading in the right direction.

Better reach of our Adwords campaigns along with making the content more applicable, bringing overall monthly costs down.

WordStream review by Julio M.
Julio M.

"Incredible Customer Turn-Arounds"

What do you like best?

The 20 minute work week is absolutely phenomenal. In addition, the support received from our premier consultant is hands-down and exceptional service. Well done word stream. The actionable items from the meeting are clearly outlined and sent to complete. Very happy.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, if I were to KNIT-PICK is the ability to have MORE hours. Per agency, you are allowed a maximum of 3 hours of premier consulting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For us, as an agency - WordStream has been amazing and would try them.

We are resolving the optimization of our PPC accounts. The main benefit received is the acquisition of intellectual property not native to our agency. Wordstream has really become an extension of our agency and makes us confident to take on PPC clients.

WordStream review by Joseph J.
Joseph J.

"The experts at WordStream know what they're doing"

What do you like best?

Every few weeks I get my consultation call with my personal WordStream rep and we dive right in to the PPC campaigns we have running. It isn't just a scripted "how-to" session. We talk about my real goals as a PPC advertiser and what I can do to enhance our current performance. I feel like WordStream and I are on the same team, not just a student sitting in class listening to a lecture. The platform is easy to use and cuts down the time I would spend on analysis ten-fold!

What do you dislike?

I have, at times, felt pressured to lead the consultation call rather than having my rep come with strategies ready. This only happened on a few calls and was fixed when we were able to set the stage for the next call at the end of the current consultation. So it's more of a suggestion than a complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear idea of your advertising goals before you get started. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to PPC advertising, but they can only do so much if you don't have an idea of where you want to go. WordStream is great for beginners, I was one, but I have found that the more prepared I am for the consultations, the more I get out of each session.

We're looking to become independent from lead brokers and generate customers from our own advertising efforts. The results have been customers who are more in tune to our product and service set by the time we talk to them on the phone.

WordStream review by Guy B.
Guy B.

"Wordstream Has Been Invaluable"

What do you like best?

Wordstream has been an important tool for us to quickly find out what is and is not working in our AdWords account. They have helped optimize and trim down costs, so we're only paying for terms that are converting. I've enjoyed the one-on-one attention I've received from Wordstream, as well as the in-depth training they have provided. Wordstream customer service has been responsive to every question and the knowledge of my Account Manager is superb. I consider Wordstream a partner for my company and am depending on them to help us continue to grow our E-Commerce capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been much I've disliked. I only encourage them to continue to fine-tune the tool. My major complaint is that they do not have a mobile app. I really think that will be important for them to do over the next year. I travel often, and usually do not have access to my laptop. A really nice mobile app would really help me with flexibility and make sure I don't skip a day reviewing my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an in-house marketing manager, who has to manage many other projects beyond e-commerce, Wordstream is a powerful tool to make sure you're not wasting time, money and energy.

The major problem Wordstream helped us resolve was wasteful spending. Wordstream has been invaluable in optimizing our search campaigns and making sure we only spend on things that are working.

WordStream review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"Extremely Useful Tool for Google AdWords Beginners!"

What do you like best?

The interface for AdWords is not very user-friendly. This tool has made increasing ad relevancy as simple as 20 minutes per week! Everything is laid out for you in a very clear way! We also opted for an adviser's help and he has been above and beyond helpful to us. Without knowing anything about our industry, he has quickly picked up on our target audience and how to write the best ads for them.

What do you dislike?

The functionality for WordStream and social media isn't quite there yet. We are a B2B and LinkedIn advertising is most valuable to us. Wish we could utilize for that. Also, we do a lot with video ads on Facebook an cannot use WordStream for those ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the adviser's help if you are just starting out! So helpful!

We are all very new to Google AdWords. Our quality scores have gone from 1s and 2s to 6s and 8s!

WordStream review by Rudi H.
Rudi H.

"Best time saving and reporting tool"

What do you like best?

The reports are professional and can be sent directly to the client without changing much. 20 minute work week is perfect for a small agency that is always running around and don't have dedicated account managers. It helps keep traction on accounts with minimum input.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the twelve month contract period and the cost. Being in a developing country, the R/$ exchange rate is always on the wrong side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the price! Their customer support and onboarding process is some of the best I've had to deal with.

It helps me to save time to sift through all the stats and help make decisions quicker. I'm able to keep better track of the planned budget across our accounts with a quick overview.

WordStream review by Allie L.
Allie L.

"Love the Premier Consulting"

What do you like best?

I feel like I am able to do more in a shorter amount of time when I use WordStream. The 20 minute workweek feature is amazing to get an overview of accounts at a quick glance and make changes on the fly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's restricted to Search ads only for now. We have a variety of campaigns with search, display and youtube that WordStream doesn't help optimize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider the consulting. At the very least, it helps you get acclimated with the product much quicker.

Before WordStream, there wasn't enough hours to get everything done for PPC, so it started to fall by the wayside. With the consulting option, too, we have gained an invaluable resource to bounce additional ideas off of.

WordStream review by Michelle  R.
Michelle R.

"Best Internet Find"

What do you like best?

I love the software, freedom to customize my advertising campaigns and All the support from Wordstream. Completely saved my campaigns and business. With Wordstream you can actually keep an eye on what is going on with the campaign, use weekly work week to make sure the spend is appropriate and ask questions anytime of day.

What do you dislike?

I honestly would say if I disliked anything, and I don't I have recommended word stream to all businessesI know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to see improvement in your campaigns, take over command and personalize them your way.

Google adwords campaigns. I have realized the benefit to staying actively on top of the campaign to avoid non lead generating spend. I have the campaign customized to our services.

WordStream review by Hayley S.
Hayley S.

"Exceptional time management and educational tool"

What do you like best?

I greatly appreciate the one-on-one time with the rep. He's been very helpful in assisting me and providing me with the knowledge I need to have effective campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike so far and I've been using WordStream for a few months now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're managing multiple accounts, or even just one for that matter, WordStream provides excellent support with their product. I appreciate the weekly suggestions I receive on all accounts to continually improve on my SEO efforts.

With WordStream, I have been able to streamline managing multiple accounts. It's extremely convenient, creates a more efficient workflow, and I know they are there to help should I ever need it. Over the months of using WordStream I have watched the CPAs go down and the ROIs go up.

WordStream review by Jack T.
Jack T.

"Helps us streamline and scale"

What do you like best?

WordStream simplifies the process of managing PPC campaigns by bringing to the surface everything you *need* to optimize on a week to week basis.

What do you dislike?

I've mentioned that more sales tool would be nice - they've actually just released an awesome auditing tool, but you need access to your prospect's AdWords account to use the tool. I'd love something simpler that doesn't require access. Even as simple as, "Here's what you, a dentist in Chicago, should be spending monthly and here's what you can expect from that."

We were looking for a way to manage low-cost PPC clients without spending much time each week in the weeds. WordStream addresses this issue by making it incredibly easy to manage these accounts at scale.

WordStream review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"WordStream is a Godsend for PPC Management"

What do you like best?

WordStream brings a lot of efficiency to our PPC management workflow. It really pays for itself in that way alone. More importantly though, we've been able to improve the results we get for our clients by using the features of the WordStream tool. Better Quality Scores, higher conversions, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is a small bit of lag from the live AdWords instance to Wordstream, so you have to remember to "Get" or "Post" updates to your account. Typically this isn't a big deal though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give their free trial a shot and see if it works for you. If you spend a decent # of hours on PPC management every month, I'm betting it's going to pay for itself in efficiencies alone.

WordStream provides a ton of efficiencies for managing PPC ad social advertising. It more that pays for itself from that standpoint alone. The biggest benefit however is that is has helped us achieve better results for our clients.

WordStream review by April H.
April H.

"A Significant Investment That Isn't Always Worth It"

What do you like best?

The software has a fairly intuitive interface, and it is simple to go through the 20 minute work week. Their customer support is also fairly good, and we're usually able to schedule calls when needed. It's also helpful to get things up to snuff, such as pointing out ad copy that doesn't adhere to best practices.

What do you dislike?

The thing is, with the new release of adwords, there isn't that much that separates adwords from wordstream. The unique offerings are basically down to reporting and the 20 minute work week. The 20 minute work week, as we understood it, would learn from what you approved or turned down, but that never turned out to be the case. We ended up spending time every week turning down the same suggestions instead of getting new ones. It also took quite a long time to load to adwords, sometimes upwards of 10 minutes (of course depending on account size.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what your needs are in regards to AdWords. This software would be good for those without much other experience in adwords, but if you're well versed in the platform then it might not offer significant advantages. The most disappointing thing for us was the software's inability to learn or come up with new suggestions for keywords or negative keywords, instead suggesting the same few things every week.

After a few months of not realizing enough improvement or time savings to justify the cost, we've decided to end our contract with this service. I can see it being helpful for a company that doesn't have PPC staff per se, but it really didn't work for us as an agency.

WordStream review by Samantha O.
Samantha O.

"Great additional learning resource!"

What do you like best?

I like that you are assigned to a knowledgeable representative that is available for any questions you may have, and are able to connect with them once a month. This allows you to learn new things every month while also having an expert on PPC right behind you for those times were you are not certain about a specific problem!

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about this company, I wish there was a way to meet with your representative weekly instead of monthly, but that is just because they are so good at what they do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a software to help better understand how to run PPC and Search Advertising campaigns

As a small marketing agency that really wants to promote our PPC and search advertising services, WordStream is a great helping and learning tool to assist our company in helping our clients and their businesses grow! These are just some of the benefits that I have seen in the few short months that we have been partnered with WordStream.

WordStream review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"WordStream Simplifies PPC "

What do you like best?

The 20-minute work week saves time managing my PPC accounts every week. I have seen bigger improvements in less time using WordStream as opposed to just using the AdWords interface.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I prefer to use the AdWords dashboard when looking at my accounts. Possibly because I have more experience with the AdWords interface, but sometimes it is easier to find what I need directly in AdWords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give WordStream a 6 month trial and see what you are able to do with your PPC accounts to determine if it is the right fit for you. The help and support is amazing, they will help you implement conversion tracking and always suggest the best practices to help improve your account. We have seen an increase in traffic, and the reduced costs we have experienced offset the cost of the software.

We were looking to increase our site traffic by improving our PPC accounts, and we have seen higher traffic at a lower cost since starting with WordStream.

WordStream review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Learn to do it Youself!"

What do you like best?

The Dashboard is laid out well and very easy to use. I LOVE the 20 minute work week. The intuitive design of the software is amazing and it learns more about my specific needs every week. The recommended changes are simple and easy to follow and it really all can be done in less than 20 minutes. But what I truly like best about WordStream is their people. My personal rep is Courtney and she is incredibly helpful in helping me implement new tools and continue to grow my campaign

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything. The monthly cost is not cheap but my ROI is less than 6 months. Well worth the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend WordStream to anyone operating a PPC campaign who doesn't consider themselves an expert in the field. If you're interested in learning what works and what doesn't, this is your best option.

I have spent years trying to run a PPC through a third party. It was incredibly difficult for me to follow the money and see how much of my dollars were actually being spent advertising my company. The WordStream interface solves that problem. I can see exactly where each of my dollars is being allocated and, more importantly what's working (and what's not).

WordStream review by Ardalan Z.
Ardalan Z.

"Smart and evolving tool to optimize your search ads"

What do you like best?

Many of their features become your daily routine as they make sense a lot. It's as if you have a nice team of analyzers to help you understand what's going on in your account and then suggest what actions to take.

What do you dislike?

Ad optimization is not as intelligent as the rest of the features. They use something like best practices and then analyze your ads based on CTR and CPA to suggest which ad needs to be optimized. But the suggested actions are very limited. To be fair, I think it would be really hard for a software to suggest changes to your ad other than comparison to best practices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter how much you're spending or how complicated your campaigns are, you do need at least a 6-month contract with them because using ONLY the 20 minute work week from their platform could save you more money.

After the first 6 months, it's gonna be up you to see whether or not it's helping your business. But again, no matter what, I highly recommend giving it at least 6 months chance.

Everyday AdWords and Bing Ads optimizations. I know they do Facebook Ads too but they require a pixel installation which is not too convenient.

I'm saving at least a few hours every week by using WordStream to optimize my campaigns.

WordStream review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Wordstream helps me save time and money on Adwords"

What do you like best?

Wordstream helps me speed up the weekly management of my Adwords account. It brings potential money wasters (like duplicate keywords and lower performing ads) to my attention, and makes it very easy to correct any issues.

What do you dislike?

Since I have a fairly niche product to promote, the keyword suggestions are typically not relevant. It took me a little while to get comfortable using the management tool rather than Adwords directly, but now that I'm familiar with it, it's much more efficient.

The Wordstream team gave me a few tips for managing my account, and I have seen a huge increase in click through rates since implementing their suggestions. Wordstream is valuable as a platform that saves you time and prevents wasted spend, but they are also PPC experts that can offer insight and suggestions.

WordStream review by Juliett C.
Juliett C.

"Great Serivce to Manage Your Ads "

What do you like best?

The service Wordstream is providing is completely easy to use. It takes little time to get set up and start working. What I also liked a lot form Wordstream is that the Wordstream team tries their best to help there costumers in anything they need. They are always trying to get feed back in order to improve their services. Wordstream makes everything simpler and cleaner to work with. If you are managing ads this is a must have service.

What do you dislike?

At this point I have not found something that I dislike about Wordstream. As I already said any incovinience you experince or anything you do not understand the Wordstream team helps you.

When I was not using Wordstream I had to pay for a service called CallRail and I had to do individual reports for the call ads and my other ads. After getting wordstream I discovered that they had a service for call ads which makes everything easier for the future.

WordStream review by Jeff T.
Jeff T.

"Wordstream Helped Us Reduce Waste And Gain Conversions"

What do you like best?

WordStream helped us lower our cost per acquisition while simultaneously helping us increase our conversion rate across 6 different clients and 4 different industries. The fee we're paying is low compared to adding an additional person to payroll.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that WordStream only gives us recommendations once per week. Things are changing so rapidly with Google and in the marketplace that I would like to see recommendations twice a week or perhaps daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure and show your clients (if agency) the results you are getting using WordStream. Show them the lower cost per acquisition and higher conversion rates.

We have lowerd our cost per acquisition and raised our conversions across all client campaigns.

WordStream review by Rebecca V.
Rebecca V.

"Great experience with WordStream"

What do you like best?

They are very knowledgeable with both Google Ad Words and Facebook, I am a beginner and they have taken me to the next level. I still have a lot to learn and I confident WS will right there with me. I love the personal attention I get from my counselor Danielle, and the tech help is wonderful also.

What do you dislike?

I wish they did more in helping with coming up with the Ads, but I understand that is not expertise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would recommend for anyone that wants to learn more about Ads works or marketing on FB. Even if you think you know how to do it.

Selling our product on line, wasn't sure if it was going work but it has. We have sold a couple of properties already on line

WordStream review by Emily D.
Emily D.

"Took our PPC campaigns to the next level, and still saved us time."

What do you like best?

Having a dedicated success rep to get our accounts started.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be improved, it's a great base reporting tool but I hope to see more customization available in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just starting to get into PPC, this tool is super helpful because it actually teaches you along the way. Also, the automation it offers in features such as the 20 Minute Work Week and reporting is awesome - huge time saver.

Our biggest issue was having the time to optimize all of our campaigns, and with WordStream, I'm able to do the 20 minute work week on all of our accounts! Each account is able to receive that attention and in turn be more successful.

WordStream review by Phil W.
Phil W.

"Worth the investment"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface

Greater intel than available through free tools

Actionable recommendations that save money

Ability to build and track paid search and paid social campaigns

What do you dislike?

More of a premium PPC management solution

No search retargeting capabilities

We're a smaller marketing team, and don't have dedicated resources to hire a full-time paid search specialist. With WordStream (and by adding on their Premier Consulting), we get many of the benefits of having a dedicated resource on staff. We still need to run through the automated recommendations (20-Minute Work Week) and build out new campaigns, but those are recommendations that an in-house search specialist would be responsible for anyway.

The Premier Consulting is good too, and our rep is able to walk through and make some of the manual adjustments that can't/shouldn't be made using the automated 20-Minute Work Week suggestions.

Bottom line: it's a significant investment, but it's a bargain compared to hiring a full-time resource to complete many of the same tasks.

WordStream review by Scott R.
Scott R.

"Very Helpful and Connected to Results"

What do you like best?

The onboarding process was fantastic! They immediately trained me on best practices and made sure I was up and running ASAP. The ongoing consulting has been so important to my success. My consultant (James) is always dialed into my campaigns & his advice always produces better results.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the system is a tad slower than the AdWords platform...but it's pretty minor. It's something I'm willing to deal with for the added benefit of using their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase the product with the consulting option.

I'm able to manage multiple client campaigns easily and quickly. WordStream is great at directing me towards better results. There are suggestions all along the way and the software is incredibly helpful at reinforcing AdWords best practices.

WordStream review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Great Support, Fantastic functionality and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Both service and software are fantastic, but I'd have to say having the software backed by a human being to help us make sense of everything is a perfect touch. Most importantly, that human touch is not there to just help us understand how to use the software, but it's more to help us improve our advertising campaigns. Our rep is deeply knowledgeable, and if he doesn't know something, he's willing to admit it, and go find out the answer.

What do you dislike?

I wish the software could read our minds. :-) There really aren't any major issues... just minor in-the-details issues such as it can sometimes load quite slowly. Also it can be difficult to quickly skim over our large keyword lists because you can't tell what "match type" the word is at a glance, like you can with Adwords.through its use of "keyword", [keyword], +keyword symbols. There are a few other nitpicks like that, but the benefits far, far outweigh the negatives.

We needed some institutional consistency in our approach to Adwords, and as we changed teams, or moved team members from one responsibility to another we lost the knowledge and process. Wordstream helps our efforts of continuous improvement and consistent methods which can enable better and faster growth.

WordStream review by Alan F.
Alan F.

"A Must Have for Paid Search Experts with Large Budgets"

What do you like best?

20 Minute Work Week is a godsend. Quick and easy maintenance, for when work gets too busy. Also, the ability to tweak and edit ad sets right within the platform is easy and fantastic.

What do you dislike?

When you hit My Account and it takes you to the Customer Hub, you are unable to get back to the main Wordstream Advisor page without brute forcing the Back button. No easy link at the top, no intelligence to assist. Strange UX folly from an otherwise awesome product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The 20 Minute Work Week alone will be what hooks you.

Saving money on Paid Search, optimizing for more conversions and more traffic. Saving tons of time being able to go in, check the pulse, and make bulk updates rather easily.

WordStream review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"User-Friendly Tool for Managing and Analyzing Adwords"

What do you like best?

Wordstream is fantastic at organizing the data from our adwords campaigns in a way that is easy to understand, and giving relevant suggestions for what changes we should make. We've seen great results from using the platform.

What do you dislike?

There are some features from adwords that don't port over and require switching between google's platform and wordstream's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The additional consulting is totally worth it if you don't have a ton of adwords experience. Their advice is tangible and immediately useful.

Wordstream allows us to manage our adwords effectively without devoting a prohibitive amount of time or having extensive knowledge, or hiring an expensive agency. The monthly phone calls are super helpful as long as the 20 minute work week for effectively managing our time and money.

WordStream review by User

"Google Ads Made More Practical"

What do you like best?

As the title indicates, WordStream makes paid ad management very practical and hands-on, in my opinion. Google Ads dashboard and FB Ads Dashboard are both good but WS seems to have gone some extra miles. It feels more robust and collective. More so that it can reach where it itches.

What do you dislike?

I'd wish WS to be a little more intuitive or visual. As a designer, it takes a little bit of commitment to learning the software as it is now. It'd be better if the interface and navigation required less Googling to actually use it efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend WordStream to especially those who are bombarded by the default interface of Google Ads and Facebook. In my opinion, WS's interface is a little more organized and refined to meet the practical needs and makes the bulk management and edits easier.

I find bulk edit option really helpful since we are an ad agency and manage tons of different ads, always testing those.

WordStream review by Kate F.
Kate F.

"WordStream Fills In The Blanks!"

What do you like best?

WordStream has helped me where AdWords and FB business manager haven't been able to. I no longer waste time reading articles to figure out PPC or targeting questions. WordStream has answered my questions with suggestions before I even realize there's a question. The support team is smart and easy to talk to, they are warm and eager to help. No high and mighty types at WordStream! I love the 20 minute work week, I just roll through the list and I know that WordStream has it covered. The platform is worth every penny!

What do you dislike?

I wish WordStream covered more platforms. Pinterest is a very important aspect of my company and their business platform can be confusing and hard to navigate. It would be great to cover Pinterest when using WordStream.

I'm solving Google AdWords PPC issues. There are so many ins and outs with PPC and It's amazing to have a platform that tells me what I need to do without a bunch of research and course work on my part. The benefits of having PPC and FB targeting in one platform has saved me loads of time.

WordStream review by David P.
David P.

"Fantastic Support that helps make sense out of Google Adwords"

What do you like best?

The support and the user interface. Google Adwords is basically a mess if you're coming to it new. Wordstream helps you make sense out of the headache so that you get results for your clients.

What do you dislike?

There's a small bug with the Facebook Ads portion that just launched where it seems to disconnect from the FB it's supposed to be connected to and it includes data from my other clients. So I have to fully disconnect the FB account, reconnect, then re-choose the correct profile for it to use. This is less than ideal but the feature is new. I imagine it will be sorted out soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are worth it just for the consulting and support. Then their interface is the icing on top. These guys are fantastic.

It provides clarity and guidance for navigating PPC especially with handling the awful interface of Google Adwords. Our clients Quality Scores have increased. Their ad portfolio's now make sense and are far better organized. The clients are now seeing better results that is earning them business which is the result we all want to see.

WordStream review by User

"What a Time and Penny Saver!"

What do you like best?

WordStream makes adjusting my PPC campaigns easy and painless. Not to mention the fact that its tools help me save thousands of $$ in ad costs by helping me accurately target what's working and what isn't.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some additional user-friendly guides in terms of UI (finding tools, what they are for, etc.), but I'm sure they have future advancements in the works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordStream is the product for you if you are very busy and not an expert in Google Ads or Bing Ads. They have a 20-minute update you do periodically that gives you a checklist of items to look over to ensure nothing gets missed -- and that you don't end up getting sucked into a PPC black hole.

My team was trying to refresh our PPC campaigns to make them more relevant and cost-effective. We've seen an immediate difference in our paid traffic and the effectiveness of our ad spend since using WordStream.

WordStream review by Mehmet E.
Mehmet E.

"A+ for lead generation / B+ for e-commerce"

What do you like best?

20 minute work week is a convenient tool that saves your time plus you get to explore new keywords that help a lot with keyword expansion. However it is free, their blog is beneficial for people in the PPC business.

What do you dislike?

Although the software was first developed for PPC, they also have tools for Facebook advertising. The only ad format that it supports is the single image 1200 x 628. I wish they also had other ad formats. And I have to say that the software is a little bit biased towards lead generation goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have clients with a goal of lead generation, try it right away and you'll see results soon. If you're in the e-commerce business, try it too but don't rely on the Facebook tool. They also don't have a tool for google shopping yet.

Saves time in adding negative keywords and exploring new keywords, reporting, grading and also helps with decreasing campaign costs.

WordStream review by Anthony W.
Anthony W.

"Excellent easy-to-use tool with advanced capabilities"

What do you like best?

Wordstream is a very intuitive and easy-to-use tool for managing all ppc campaigns for those who may not have a great deal of time or expertise. If you are a more advanced user, there are additional tools that put a great deal of power at your fingertips. In addition, there are expert support services available if you ever have questions or need guidance from a knowledgeable pro.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see better reporting that incorporates revenue metrics such as ROI/ROAS. Also would like to see support for Amazon Product Ads and improved management of Shopping campaigns.

Able to take ownership of our PPC campaigns in-house with limited staff and time to manage our campaigns, and avoid having to pay hefty agency fees.

WordStream review by ★Angela H.
★Angela H.

"Effective & Efficient"

What do you like best?

It is easy to manage multiple client campaigns. Also, the 20 Minute Work Week is incredibly helpful. It helps to cater recommendations to each client's needs.

What do you dislike?

My only critique with WordStream is when creating new Ad Groups, it would be nice if it recommended keywords to add besides the keyword recommendations within the 20 Minute Work Week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that allows you to cater to you or your client's PPC Campaigns in an efficient way, WordStream is the way to go.

As an agency, WordStream helps us manage not only our own PPC campaigns, but also our clients. Every client has different needs within AdWords and having recommendations from WordStream catered to those specific clients' campaigns is not only helpful, but it also makes efficient use of our time with the client.

WordStream review by Danny W.
Danny W.

"Must Have For Any PPC Projects Small To Large"

What do you like best?

Simply put, Wordstream makes the management and day to day running of our PPC projects much simpler. The information is laid out in a way that makes it much easier to digest than staring at months worth of data in Google AdWords. The 20 minute work week in particular is very useful and in general provides good suggestions of changes to make when you may otherwise think there's not much to do. I'd also highly recommend the consultancy on offer, it's great to have another set of eyes cast over your campaigns, and our consultant - Rebekah - has been friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I've encountered very few negatives from using Wordstream, however on the odd occasion the suggestions in the 20 minute work week have been irrelevant.

The primary benefit of using Wordstream is that it streamlines our PPC management and allows us to process the data and make more informed improvements. The consultancy provided is also a fantastic benefit as it provides expert insight from someone outside our organisation.

WordStream review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Search Engine Marketing for Busy People"

What do you like best?

When a lot of people start doing SEM, they think it is going to be easy. The truth is that it can take tons of work, tons of planning, data analysis, and that's just getting started. Wordstream has a very useful system that brings to the forefront the things you need to be looking at. For instance, which keywords are costing you too much? Which ones are performing best? Do you have ads that should be rewritten?

They have a thing called the, "20-Minute Workweek," and this allows you to address all of the important parts of your campaign quickly and easily. They also have great tools for creating new ads quickly.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see them integrate features that allow you to see how call-outs, phone numbers, snippets, and other ad extensions are performing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe WordStream helps out both the business owner that wants to run ads with as little work as possible and it also fits in for agencies that dig extremely deep into their client's accounts. Either way, it is a great tool that I highly recommend.

I also recommend that instead of having all your adGroups in a single campaign, break everything up into much smaller campaigns and adGroups. This will benefit you the most in addition to what you'll be doing with WordStream.

Wordstream lets us address critical issues in our online accounts quickly and easily. This frees up time to work on the more time-consuming stuff such as A/B testing landing pages, etc.

WordStream review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Great Service. Great Advice. Great Help."

What do you like best?

The one-on-one consultations have been great to understand what I need to do to optimize my settings

What do you dislike?

The initial time for setup. It took us a good 2 months before I felt like our accounts were set up and functioning. I would have liked that to be quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for each consultation meeting to be able to get the most out of the time with the consultants

I am understanding google adwords a lot more and it is helping me achieve more success with my adword ads. This is helping because we would like to start selling SEM as a service for our customers so it is giving me the training I would need.

WordStream review by James M.
James M.

"My firm has saved thousands since using Wordstream"

What do you like best?

I am very pleased with Wordstream. Google adwords for lawyers is extremely expensive and competitive. One click can cost anywhere from $120-$200. Using the suggestions from wordstream, I have saved about 50% of my monthly budget for adwords on a monthly basis, and getting better quality clicks. So far, we are very pleased.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike. They walk you through every process. Sometimes, when you have a more technical issue, scheduling with their technical team can be a struggle. But I only had to do that once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sooner you start with them, the more money you'll save.

We are saving a lot of money every month using wordstream, and we don't have to outsource to a company to maintain our google adwords account.

WordStream review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Wordstream has been a godsend for redoing our Adwords on our new website"

What do you like best?

We like the fact that you have one system to control both Google and Bing all in one place.

A big advantage with wordstream is the preset report templates. It has been extremely easy to make this report show exactly what I need to show to my companies.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes with the 20 minute work week it does tend to show you suggestions that you have already shelved. An ability to shelve forever would be great for suggestions that have no relevance to the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free training sessions. The advise and extra info they give you in the training calls has been indispensable. We have been extremely impressed by the amount of information available to us to ensure everything is setup correctly and giving our company the best results available.

We had a marketing agency build our adwords for our old website and we thought it wasn't as effecient as it could have been. When we built our new website we decided to handle adwords in Wordstream and we have found the ability to redirect and update all our ads in one place has made the transition seamless so much we did not notice a single dropoff in website visitors even though our new website was on brand new URL's.

The ability to convert old ads into new ads whilst at the same time getting feedback on the side to ensure you are following best practices on each ad has been very valuable to us.

WordStream review by Simon H.
Simon H.

"Very Impressed"

What do you like best?

Since signing on with WordStream my click through rate has improved 250% and my Pay Per Click rate decreased from $264 to less than $24. So, when I consider the $500 per month I am spending on this service, it is a drop in the bucket compared to my real income realization through properly targeted ads that drive customers to use my services.

The customer support and training phone calls are excellent. The reps goes out of their way to assist you to ensure you are getting good value for your money.

What do you dislike?

As of the writing of this review I really cannot verbalize any unhappiness with WordStream

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your struggling with AdWords and are spending too much money on clicks.. give it a go, it can't hurt.

I am paying less in Google ADWords to attract more customers. I feel as if my ads are not so spastic and all over the place and are now actually providing me a great return on my investment

WordStream review by Ben R.
Ben R.

"Good but expensive and not necessary"

What do you like best?

Based on my experience, Wordstream sees best suited for companies that do not want to outsource their PPC advertising and want a Done With You solution. User interface and reporting have some excellent features but also some limitations, especially for agencies, see below. Weekly task list, the 20-minute work week, is good as is the consulting and coaching service but neither is a replacement for time spent working through the details of an account. Quality score suggestions are helpful. Query analysis is good. Ability to push to Google and Bing helps save time by reducing duplicated effort.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive and I prefer working directly in Google AdWords, the new version. Using Wordstream I felt one step removed from the process and preferred to work directly in Google AdWords. Reports are limited to services managed by Wordstream, making it necessary to send multiple reports in cases where other services need to be reported on. The other reporting issue I ran into is that I needed more robust call tracking features for my clients (Wordstream only provides one number) but when I switched to another call tracking provider I was not able to pull those results into my Wordstream reporting. This was a major limitation and the ultimate deal breaker that caused me to cancel the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the month to month plan to get started. I made a mistake and signed on for a year. When I decided I no longer needed it after a few months, it was not fun trying to cancel the contract early.

The problem that it solved for me was ramping my Google AdWords service for clients. I needed help getting started and Wordstream was a great way to start off strong and with confidence that I could do a good job serving my customers.

WordStream review by Jim L.
Jim L.

"Saving me money from day one"

What do you like best?

Wordstream has made it very easy to effectively market my business on a very difficult to understand platform. I spent countless hours trying to figure out how to use ad-words and many more hours reading tips and tricks to marketing with Google...all of these efforts combined were less effective than one session with Wordstream

What do you dislike?

As the software develops further it can get a little overwhelming trying to figure out the many different areas to address. Fortunately, the do have the "20 minute work week" to help navigate all of the obstacles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save yourself lots of time, headaches, and money. Use Wordstream to help you with your PPC campaigns.

We are able to limit the number of inquires we receive for services we do not offer and more effectively target the marketing audience we need to be communicating with. We are seeing better quality leads and lots of saved time in our lead qualifying process.

WordStream review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"WordStream review from Adam White - Marketing Director of Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals"

What do you like best?

I like the platform - very easy to use. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. They take time to make sure you understand how Adwords works for you. They also listen to what your marketing goals are, so they can partner with you to achieve what you want. They really helped me to understand how social media ads work, and how to use them for marketing purposes.

What do you dislike?

It needs to give information on the auction insight of google adwords. Would love to be able to see how other companies who use the same keywords are ranking with their ads...if that were possible. Being able to see your competition - not too spy, but to make sure you are meeting the expectation to compete with other same businesses - ie. if you need to adjust your budget. I would also like to see this in social media ads as well. To be able to see how ads are doing with other companies similar to mine own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. It is well forth the time and energy.

My cost per click have been down. My budget has really improved on my adwords account overall. I'm also glad that WordStream provides assistants with Facebook Ads. I thought that was something to spend marketing dollars on, but I have received leads and bookings just from facebook.

WordStream review by Quint C.
Quint C.

"Automation makes it so simple"

What do you like best?

Really appreciate the 20-minute work week recommendations. It makes for a good starting point on our PPC campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I have a few minor issues with the Text Replace feature when using it for text in ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a small dept of 2 people we don't have time to manage the behemoth that is Google AdWords. WordStream has boiled it down to the basics for us and has allowed us to consistently update our campaigns so they don't become stagnant.

Currently we are using WordStream to help manage our PPC campaigns with Google. In the past 3 months I've seen our spend budget go down each month and our conversions go up.

WordStream review by Doug F.
Doug F.

"Simple! Massive Time Saver! Incredible Support!"

What do you like best?

The support is off the charts! Answered all of my questions and helped me build campaigns that are delivering incredible results for my clients. They answer quickly and have a vested interest in your success.

What do you dislike?

Facebook integration continues to improve. Initially it only showed ads that were built within WordStream, now allows me to manage and edit ALL campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to help you scale the management of your ads, stop your search! This tool will make managing AdWords a breeze. Facebook management continues to improve, but having the data in one place allows you to aggregate and report on ad spend and conversions seamlessly.

I am able to managed multiple clients from one, easy to use interface. Making adjustments and optimizing campaigns for AdWords and Facebook is a breeze.

WordStream review by Breanna W.
Breanna W.

"Highly recommended this tool to any brand looking to expand their digital footprint!"

What do you like best?

As the digital marketing manager for Spring Arbor University, I have been using Wordstream for nearly 6 months now, and I have never been so instantly satisfied in a web tool. Wordstream is an effective, easy to use tool that helps me to quickly analyze our ad account, and make to support our goals. On top of that, our customer success manager is knowledgable, helpful, and provides actionable steps to help improve our account after every call. The platform, staff, and service for Worstream is all I could want in a paid search advertising platform. I highly recommend this tool to any brand looking to expand their digital footprint!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more for display, but according to my Customer Success rep, this is in the works!

At my job, I have to juggle all things digital. Before Wordstream, online advertising took up a significant part of my week, and I was unable to ever make recommendations for expanding our digital advertising. After beginning my partnership with Wordstream, I can confidently make weekly updates and new ad recommendations while still focusing on the other priorities of my job. My only complaint is I didn't sign up sooner!

WordStream review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Better Results, Less Time"

What do you like best?

The 20 minute work week is crazy effective. It's part of my normal Sunday or Monday morning coffee and sets the whole week up.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The biggest complaint that I had was that it used to be Flash-based and that was fixed over a year ago.

Time matters. You can do much, not all, of what WordStream does via the AW editor or flat files, but it just isn't fast.

We took some time off from the platform and naturally saw CPA drift up due to lack of continual improvement, but we've slashed CPA 55% within just the first few months of returning. It's an unbelievably effective tool.

WordStream review by Anastasis E.
Anastasis E.

"Streamlines working with Ads"

What do you like best?

I like that I can work on several different platforms at once, by working with this service it cuts my time needed to work on this. Also they have a fantastic support team and knowledge base. Their team responds usually within an hour with the answers to your question if you email them. They also have a chat function built their site which can help you instantly. There is a great advisory section on the site where they look at your accounts and make suggestions for you to make it more profitable. As complex as where you should add more adds or split adgroups or as simple like where to increase and decrease cpa, adding negative keywords to adgroups, or adding new keywords. They also have their own tracking template that you can add to your site for added conversion tracking.

What do you dislike?

The service every once in a while loads slowly. Other than that this service is perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it the service is great, and they have a fantastic support team. They responsive and knowledgeable, and always are very kind when contacted. They have a great advisory section where they look at your accounts and make suggestions for you to make it more profitable. As complex as where you should add more adds or split adgroups or as simple like where to increase and decrease cpa, adding negative keywords to adgroups, or adding new keywords. They also have their own tracking template that you can add to your site for added conversion tracking. All in all the service is great and I highly recommend it.

I am the only in person in my company that works on this and I work on several other projects. This service helps me work on ads on multiple ad platforms at once which saves me a great deal of time.

WordStream review by User

"Excellent Customer Service & Really Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Our account manager, Ben Bernard, is really friendly and helpful. He always works with us to make sure we understand how to best use the platform to our advantage. Without his consistent guidance, the learning curve would have been much higher for our team, who have limited familiarity with managing ad platforms effectively.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would be that the Bing ads manager lacks a lot of the copy/paste and "select all" functions that make the Google ads manager so easy to use. It is more time consuming to create ads, set negatives, and adjust bids manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To get the most out of your experience with the product, I would definitely prepare and ask a lot of questions during the consulting calls. They are eager to tailor the service to your particular needs, and you can get a lot more mileage out of strategies and best practices that work for you.

We were wasting a lot of money on broad match keywords that were bringing in traffic that would never convert for us. We also were spending money on duplicate keywords across ad campaigns, which also made it difficult to serve relevant ads to people searching specific terms. We were able to perform a thorough audit of our campaigns and bid more strategically.

WordStream review by William C.
William C.

"A System Designed to Make Yours Better"

What do you like best?

WordStream has a clean interface that allows me to improve my AdWords accounts on a weekly basis, whether I have 15 minutes to spend, or 15 hours.

What do you dislike?

The 20-minute work week is one of my favorite features -- so much, that I wish it could be a daily work week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research -- it's a great program, but if you let it sit there and don't use it (which I'm sure some people do), you'd be better off just not running AdWords and saving that money as well.

We've been able to cut down on wasted ad spend on search queries that aren't relevant to our current product lines.

WordStream review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Wordstream has helped us streamline AdWords and Facebook Ads campaigns!"

What do you like best?

They have a great 20-minute-work-week section that besides the "fun" name it's truly helpful to understand the updates that campaigns need to keep up with a successful delivery and budget optimization. They have taken a lot of the time it usually takes to uncover these elements in a series of suggestions. Other great features: reporting tool, landing pages creation tool, Call tracking options built into it. In general terms, it's out of the box and relatively easy to use which is why we use it for all the ad campaigns we are running.

What do you dislike?

I wish we were able to manage other platforms there too. For example, you are unable to do LinkedIn Ads which for some clients/markets this is becoming a basic need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research other competitors but at least for us it was the best option so we are really happy with it. It has made our process for Ad management much faster and streamlines. The reports feature is really good and it makes it very easy to produce really good reports.

Before we were forced to do the management on each platform. This has now been improved since we are now able to manage both Facebook and AdWords in the same place. Of course, every once in a while you will need to go to the individual platforms but this has now been reduced by using wordstream. It's relatively easier to use their platform than the original ones.

WordStream review by Todd V. Y.
Todd V. Y.

"WordStream fits the bill."

What do you like best?

The most valuable asset? The conference calls with the account consultant who guides you through the changes needed, how to do them and understands your level of expertise.

What do you dislike?

Some may find the pricing beyond their budgets. Wordstream is only relevant if you are spending at the very minimum $3k/month and you do not have a full time resource for AdWords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have the time to admin AdWords and find the interface for AdWords daunting, WordStream will work for you. You still have to know AdWords and pay attention. It is not a full automation platform, nor should it be when you are spending money on AdWords ads.

During the course of my work week I can be found working on print, newsletter (email), product brochures, website maintenance and of course AdWords. Although I am an intermediate user of AdWords, I rarely have the time to devout as much time to it as I would like. Wordstream, allows me to pay attention to the details and not the pathway to find those details that need attention. AdWords has a horrid wayfinding system and if you don't know or (as per me) forget how to do something your not able to reach out for a quick answer from a real person. The changes and rules for best practice are also long and hard to remember. Making notes helps, but an interface that handles those issues and shows you how you are doing (such as writing ad copy) is paramount for someone who does not have a full time AdWords job function.

WordStream review by Gary F.
Gary F.

"Wordstream, one of the best PPC optimization tools out there"

What do you like best?

I like to say Wordstream is PPC optimization for Dummies. However, if you have some knowledge of how PPC works this is a fantastic tool to add to your arsenal. I have been able to further streamline our program reducing our CPA rates by over 40% while increasing our conversions rate significantly. Our monthly PPC spend is also down significantly that I was able to increase the number of ads we are doing from 9 to 15. One of the best features is the QueryStream and the 20-minute workweek. Yes, the QueryStream can also be found in the Google tool but I like the simplicity of the tool. With the 20-minute work week, you need to only log in once a week. However, I find if you log in more than once a week it can benefit you in further reducing wasted spend. if you're new to PPC this is the tool for you. If you are an experienced user you can still benefit from the tool.

What do you dislike?

If you are doing Product LIsting Ads it does pull the information into your account but does not allow you to do anything with that information. They could work on enhancing this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence about this tool it's worth the investment. If you manage multiple accounts as I do then your costs on a monthly is significantly reduced as you can spread the costs across the multiple accounts. The savings you will see in your PPC spending is worth the investment in this tool.

There were a number of goals in acquiring this tool. Mainly these are the ones I was focused on:

- Reduce our monthly Spend

- Increase our monthly conversions

- Increase our quality scores on Ads and Keywords

- Decrease our CPA cost.

- Improve on CPC cost

- Improve out CTR rate

Each of those metrics identified above we have seen improvement across the board. Our conversions rates are up and in February we set a record for online sales and number of conversions.

WordStream review by Lorle C.
Lorle C.

"They exceeded my expectations in terms of level of knowledge, personal service, professionalism. "

What do you like best?

I love the 20 minute work week. It's very very well done. Simple and quick enough to do that I do it almost every week without fail. I even like the "Holy Moley, you're a PC Wizard!" comment at the end. Fun touch.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to get more hours of consultation without having to sign a contract and commit to a certain number of hours. It shouldn't be so complicated to get more help and give my money to Wordstream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer. Not expensive. Great professional guidance. Easy program.

Cleaning up a mess with my Adwords account that someone else (who didn't know what they were doing) created.

WordStream review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Great product to help streamline PPC"

What do you like best?

The 20 minute workweek allows me to spend some effective time on the on-going management of my PPC campaigns. If you're new to PPC, I would definitely recommend adding the premier consulting, as my consultant was top-notch and helped me ramp up fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the load times can be a bit slow, and after 3 months, I'm not sure that I'm seeing any improvements on negative keywords to add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend considering utilizing WordStream if you've been less than impressed by PPC vendors.

While I had to spend significant time initially cleaning up the legacy account (and making some rookie mistakes along the way), it's been easy to manage utilizing the 20 minute work week.

My company had utilized multiple companies to manage PPC efforts over the years. We recently brought it in-house and were able to improve our CTR, quality scores, conversion rate and acquisition costs for a fraction of what we were paying a 3rd party to manage the account.

WordStream review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Consulting"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about WordStream is the access to their Customer Success Specialists. I'm a newer AdWords user and the consulting calls with their specialists have been extremely helpful when it comes to campaign set up and strategy. They are very flexible with my schedule and are always there to answer questions when I have them.

The dashboard and 20 minute work week sections of the site are also very useful. They provide quick, easy access to data that I would normally have to dig deep into AdWords to view. It saves a lot of time when you can see everything you need in one place.

I would definitely recommend!

What do you dislike?

I wish that their Facebook tracking was more built out.

Wordstream is extremely user friendly and provides top-notch support. It definitely takes time to learn where everything is. However, they make the site as easy to use as possible. It's hard to find something to dislike when it covers such a wide array of AdWords tracking and capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend!

We use WordStream to monitor and adjust our AdWords campaigns. We also use consulting hours for suggestions and optimizations.

WordStream review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"My Experience After Several Years As A WordStream Customer"

What do you like best?

When I started using Wordsteam I really enjoyed their software and learned a lot through their Premier Consulting Program. I had an excellent representative who I met with on a bi-monthly basis and he gave me tremendous insight into my account. He then left the company and I decided to move to managed services and that is when the problems began...

What do you dislike?

After a couple of years of Premier Consulting, my representative left WordStream and I was passed around to a handful of different representatives - each who I felt knew less than previous one. I had made the decision to move to Managed Services, hoping to see a better ROI on the account - but my experience was quite the opposite. First of all, the service is very expensive - I was paying over $1,600 a month and my advertising costs were sky rocketing. My cost per conversions were going up along with ad spend. There were tracking problem, especially with BING, that over the course of 9 months or so they could never figure out. All the monthly reports I was given meant nothing, they were all based on incorrect data and the time we spent going over them was a complete waste. I'm really sorry that things turned out this way as I was customer of Wordstream for nearly 4 years.

I really wish I would have stayed with the Premier Consulting and the software and never moved to Managed Services. I am very sad that things turned out this way. :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful! Don't turn over the reigns to your advertising and PPC to a third party and trust that they will do a great job. In the end, they are not personally connected to your money - so how could they really care if you start spending more and get less ROI?

Their software is ok, but why spend all the time learning to use their software, when you can just invest that time using the Google Adwords / Bing and Facebook interfaces?

The benefits in theory are to have someone else manage your advertising so you could dedicate your time to other aspects of your business - but at what costs? In my case, not only did I lose the $1,600 a month I needed to pay WordStream to "manage" my account - but I started spending significantly more money and getting less leads.

WordStream review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"Smarter AdWords"

What do you like best?

Automation and monitoring are key. Our staff can get high-level overviews of multiple clients and have an understanding of what is performing well. The 20 Minute Work Week function is an incredible timesaver as well.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup with AdWords was a little hard to figure out at first. There are some features that work better in the Ad Words panel, but the synch is seamless between the 2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo to make sure it works with what you need. Campaign managers are another great route.

We were trying to get our clients improved performance. WordStream was our solution. Once a campaign is set up the spend, as well as keywords, are analyzed. This analysis looks at ad groups, negative keywords, and new recommendations.

WordStream review by Juveria S.
Juveria S.

"Great Software, Even better people!"

What do you like best?

We have been using wordstream for a couple of months now - the software is great, very simple and convenient. The best part however is the staff. Right from the start, Matthew Goldney did a fantastic job of explaining why Worstream would be a good fit for us. He never pressurized us to buy into it, which is usually what account executives do. Signing the contract was easy and fast, and our customer success specialist David has been very helpful and professional. As I say it in my title, the software is very good, but the people are fantastic!

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have faced so far is - we have deleted all our old sitelink extensions on Adwords, but that is not showing up on Wordstream for some reason.

It helps us to put all our analytics in one place, and save time on maintaining the campaigns.

WordStream review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Time-Saving PPC Campaign Genius"

What do you like best?

The slimmed down 20-minute work week does a lot of the advisory work for you, while still allowing you to make the best educated decision based on data.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't have any negative feedback. The consulting is a huge perk, but in my first 3 months I've seen lots of new features and updates as the WordStream folks continually grow their product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage more than 2 campaigns, this is worth the investment in time saved and advice given alone.

Time-management, ad development, and bidding strategy techniques, but again, the time-saving aspect is much greater than initially anticipated.

WordStream review by Jack W.
Jack W.

"Simplifies Adwords for the layman and saves money - lots"

What do you like best?

As small company with limited marketing resources Adwords can become expensive and unmanageable very easily. Wordsream's "20 minute workweek" solves this. We now managed our spends costs and have gained control of the monster. And as bonus our Quality Score has improved dramatically so more bang for buck..

What do you dislike?

The fact that you cannot design Landing pages for mulitple urls and implement Easy Tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need help to get grips with Adwords this product works

Search Advertising is the only advertising we do. It can be expensive but if well managed and closely monitored it is highly profitable.

WordStream review by Loren F.
Loren F.

"Makes me look smart"

What do you like best?

Wordstream is very easy to use. By tracking activity on a daily basis, it gives me very effective tips I can then use to modify campaigns. As well, the reporting functionality is very helpful and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more reports and that there was a way to manage display campaigns more effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how much you will need to manage retargeting display campaigns as well as overall display campaigns.

I am managing Google Adwords and Facebook ads without taking the time to log into the respective systems. It makes it quick for me to create and edit ads as well as see areas of improvement.

WordStream review by Kelly F.
Kelly F.

"The Best Tool to Manange PPC Advertising"

What do you like best?

WordStream allows me to easily manage all of our PPC efforts. The 20 Minute Work Week takes the guesswork out of what ads/keywords are performing and what needs revision. The interface is user friendly, and the online training and webinars are fantastic. I've learned so much since joining WordStream; a webinar or learning tool is offered on any PPC topic you can imagine. It's honestly the best investment we made this year.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about WordStream. If I have to pick something, I'd say that the training options can be better organized. I'd like to see at a glance what sessions/webinars I completed, and place topics in a queue that I'd like to explore next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it. If you're able, invest in the consulting service. The weekly calls help you stay on track.

WordStream is slowly solving our PPC problems. Prior to joining, our account was managed by an agency. Our PPC efforts were disorganized and not attended to on a regular basis. It's much better now that I can monitor activities daily and make appropriate changes.

WordStream review by Michael D. R.
Michael D. R.

"Wordstream Feedback"

What do you like best?

Working with Wordstream and my advisor, we are starting to build out our Google Ads system to help build more effective and efficient advertising business for Basketball World Toronto. My experience has been very positive with the Wordstream team as they are professional and very organized. My advisor is very knowledgeable and is able to quickly learn my business challenges to help ensure my ads are customized for my business.

What do you dislike?

The challenge with the Wordstream system is to understand it quickly and then integrate a small part of your week to helping manage your Google Ads accounts. As the main contact for our business, it was a challenge to set aside the time required to make inroads into a large project. But the Wordstream team and their systems are making this big project easier to handle as it is broken down into weekly tasks which I can handle both from a resource standpoint and from a technical understanding point of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time at this system as I can see the benefits to my company. But just like everything else in business, it takes time.

We are looking to enhance Basketball World Toronto's new business by making more efficient Google Ads (and eventually Facebook Ads). Although the benefits are not realized, I have started to see how the Wordstream system can expedite my management of my advertising business and I look forward to feeling the ROI in the near future.

WordStream review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Wordstream has increased my ability to manage hundreds of PPC accounts with ease and confidence."

What do you like best?

The feature on the Wordstream platform that I have found to be most efficient is the 20-minute PPC work week as well as the account reports to give an overall top-level perspective on the account's performance. We have seen an large lift in total performance with very satisfied clients.

What do you dislike?

Wordstream tends to be slightly slow in loading due to the amount of clients that we are uploading on a regular basis. The load time is very long which breaks our focus on account management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a large amount of clients, be prepared to be patient with the dashboard's load time to import from Adwords, export to Adwords and launch from the get-go. With smaller clients, it isn't so bad. Although larger clients with 20+ campaigns takes some time to finally load.

We have been able to successfully drive potential leads via phone calls and form submissions to our clients. We are able to record those leads using Google Analytics and relay the successful metrics to our clients. The user-friendly interface and handy features have given my team more time to optimize the accounts in detail.

WordStream review by Daniela C.
Daniela C.

"My review about WordStream"

What do you like best?

WordStream product actually makes everything very easy with PPC. With it, I'm ready to roll out improvements on the fly, refresh negatives all the time, and I can change my profile in significantly less time than it would take utilizing AdWords or AdWords Editor.

What do you dislike?

I don't have to many bad things about this tool,. I do miss with the Classic Editor how you would have the capacity to do the interface/columns .My scores have decreased since I added WordStream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The item truly pays for itself. Figure out how to function it into your financial plan and you'll see the outcomes quick.

With an item like our own, it's anything but no difficult to appear for the wrong groups. Accordingly, we were spending a great deal of cash on a ton of terrible leads. With WordStream I'm putting in more negative catchphrases, more medium to longer followed watchwords, in a small amount of the time it typically takes with AdWords or AdWords Editor.

WordStream review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Truly Knowledgeable Company"

What do you like best?

Working with WordStream has been a truly positive experience. The people that I’ve worked with there have really helped me learn more about Google Ads and are very knowledgeable. It is also great that they are so responsive. I recently had a call for help with my conversion tracking and the gentleman worked with me for over an hour to help me get it set up. I’ve never worked with such patient, helpful people. I could go on all day.

What do you dislike?

I can’t honestly find anything that I don’t like.

My primary goal is to learn best practices for google ads, and to keep ahead of the trends. They have helped me improve my click though rate and lower my bounce rate and also improve my Google score.

WordStream review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"WordStream is an amazing tool to help simplify managing your PPC"

What do you like best?

If you are not a dedicated PPC manager, WordStream provides an awesome set of tools and a significantly more intuitive UI that really to help to simplify management of your PPC accountas. Also as a relative novice the way it encourages you to follow best practice and start investigating the different campaign set up and targeting options is an excellent way to build your understanding of PPC.

What do you dislike?

On of WordStream's few shortcomings, for me at least, is the lack of ability to manage display network ads but apparently this is in the works already. We are currently looking at other 3rd party solutions that will enable us to track PPC generated calls so to add even more value rolling out Call tracking in the UK would be another amazing improvement too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't a dedicated PPC professional, are struggling to find time to do more than just update an ad or dump in the odd keywords, and want to develop your understanding of the proper ways to setup, run and manage a SEM campaign... in the inimitable words of Hollywood superstar Shia Labeouf, JUST DO IT!!!

Time saving and simplifying our PPC management process have been enormous benefits, but having inherited much abused adwords account full of hastily put together campaigns Wordstream has already paid for it's self by helping me identify large chunks of wasted spend. Saving almost 30% on some campaigns, without any drop in conversions is a definite win for me!.

WordStream review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Excellent Task Manager & Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

The "20 minute Work Week" is a huge help. This tool allows me to make sure I am doing regular maintenance on our accounts and provides solid suggestions.

I particularly find the negative keywords and bid optimizer tools to be accurate and useful.

Moving keyword into new ad groups is a breeze.

The integrated call tracking is perfect for auto dealers. Leads are their life-blood, and the more leads I can track, the better.

We have found the reports to be a great way to tell the story to our clients. With a bit of editing, we send them to the client along with raw data. It's sort of like an infographic, which is easy for clients to digest.

What do you dislike?

The "add keywords" and some of the other sections of "20 minute work week" is often a bit out of touch with my goals and structure, but I can see how they would be helpful to a more traditional eCommerce business.

The program functions as an "app" and crashes a bit. (Not too often, though.) And Generally loading the app or navigating to a new page can be slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll find this easy to use and successful at managing multiple accounts/clients.

SCALE! I'm able to manage 10+ accounts as 1 person and feel confident that all my clients are being serviced properly. I'm still swamped, but not overwhelmed.

WordStream review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Makes Quick Work of AdWords Admin"

What do you like best?

UI is clean and MUCH better than native AdWords console. The "20 minute Work Week" legit saves time. Ability to integrate Facebook and *straightens face* Bing gives a simple, total CAQ across the 3 platforms.

What do you dislike?

It's not the cheapest software, but I think you get what you pay for. I also don't find the CPA target-setting to be all that useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If AdWords are a big part of your strategy AND you don't love the native AdWords UI, this is a solid tool.

Headcount + time savings + better-looking reporting than typical agency stuff.

WordStream review by User in Information Technology and Services

"WordStream Review"

What do you like best?

I like that its easier to see how my campaigns are doing in a single snapshot and how everything is broken down into easy to digest metrics. Their social integrations are great too, but I only have limited experience with them. I do like the fact you can make a lookalike audience to target (or retarget) on google search, based on your social media audience. I think as a crossover marketing tool, it's strong, at least in that regard.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some of the options are hidden and its difficult to add things (such as call out or extensions to ads). I also dislike how the same recommendations pop up every week, even though I have dismissed them repeatedly for not being relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely take advantage of the training and monthly check-ins. If not necessarily for the recommendations they make for your campaigns, then for making sure you're using it correctly. I had several things set up wrong, and they were able to correct it within a couple of hours. Now I check in with them 1-2 times a month.

I use it primarily to stay on top of Goole's constantly changing policies and added features for google rankings and advertising.

WordStream review by Jenna B.
Jenna B.

"Wordstream is a great CPC management, analytics and analysis tool"

What do you like best?

It mines all the data and provides digestible recommendations weekly for quick wins. It is a great time saver, allowing you to do so many things for multiple platforms in one place. I like the keyword, negative keyword, query search term numbers they show in the side navigation. This allows you to visually see how many of each you have in various adgroups within the campaign you are managing without having to go into each one individually. The reports they provide are great monthly success reports you can provide to upper management to illustrate progress. In addition, the benchmark reporting they have available adhock is very helpful when trying to determine where you need to improve by analyzing date ranges and performance metrics. Very helpful when you need quick wins or a total restructure if you are inheriting an account from a predecessor.

What do you dislike?

You cannot manage remarketing using this platform. It is somewhat tedious to go back and forth between platforms for that one piece - especially when Bing is coming out with all these new remarketing features this year ... That being said, I have been told that Wordstream is working on adding remarketing as a feature on their platform. There is no ETA on when this might be available however.

Limited resources, easier management and faster analysis. Because I am a one-stop marketing shop I have to be able to do many things at one time. This tool helps me to be able to effectively juggle multiple balls at one time without dropping the SEM ball. It has already helped me to begin my restructuring process a lot less painfully then when I first began without it.

WordStream review by Terri R.
Terri R.

"Excellent Coaching and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I have really appreciated the flexibility and responsiveness of my dedicated support coach and have learned a lot about how to best optimize campaigns. The Wordstream software itself is intuitive and very easy to use. The bulk edits feature is especially useful.

What do you dislike?

I think I am still spending too much. I would like to go after long tail keywords for a lower CPC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The goal is to make the consultants pay for themselves through optimizing and lowering ad spend while increasing conversions.

I am using Adwords to appear at the top of the page for keywords that we are not yet ranking in first place organically.

WordStream review by Panteleimon S.
Panteleimon S.

"Wordstream is an amazing tool"

What do you like best?

Wordstream helps me to keep on top of my accounts. The 20 minute per week workout suggests changes that do help the account move forward.

What do you dislike?

There are not a lot of things to dislike, Wordstream is an excellent tool for every day use. I would like to see though more suggestions in the future in the 20 minute per week suggestions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wordstream is an amazing tool but the user must have strong knowledge of advertising platforms in order to use it

Wordstream helps me to create accurate reports without wasting a lot of time. Reporting to clients has never been easier.