WORK[etc]

WORK[etc] allow you to manage your entire business with just one cloud app. Integrated CRM, Projects, Billing, Help Desk & more. Centralize employee and customer communication. Work from anywhere. Bring remote teams together.

Work for WORK[etc]?

Learning about WORK[etc]?

WORK[etc] Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 51 WORK[etc] reviews
WORK[etc] review by Sam G.
Sam G.

"Great project management CRM that works for my small business "

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to track my income, project task and leads all in one place. When using projects I am able to keep all the information in once place and access it from any computer that is connected to the internet.

What do you dislike?

No email automation based on triggers. Having follow up emails go out automatically based on milestones. That would be a great to have. Especially on projects. After a new project is started, it would be nice to have an automate email go out to the customer asking them for an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those that are looking for a great project management CRM that has other great features including, prospecting management, reports, billing and all around solid CRM this is a great software.

Efficiency, big time. Being able to keep all relevant notes and task in one place. Inbound contact info, prospecting and project management. The reports are pretty good too.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WORK[etc]
WORK[etc] review by Dave T.
Dave T.

"Fully customizable CRM with features by the dozen"

What do you like best?

We love the Project Template allowing our Implementation staff to create a new project with all associated subprojects and To Do's already setup with timeframes and reminders pre-programmed. This means nothing is ever missed through the project phase anymore as our staff have to complete each stage before the next is opened up for them to complete.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to review/audit what has been completed on a particular job and by what user (job Auditing) Would also like other Invoicing integrations but they do have full integrations with some Accounting software like quickbooks already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very customizable and fully encompassing software that will grow with your business and in-fact grow your business. Project templates, Workgroup Discussions, Timesheets, Deadlines, email integration, the list of features goes on and on and every one of them will help with productivity within your business.

Staff Accountability - Timesheets that can be accessed via any part of the CRM allows us to track how much time our staff are taking on every single activity. This also allows us to set targets for things such as billable hours. Since bringing Timesheets into action, our bullable hours have risen over 20% across the board.

What CRM All-in-One solution do you use?

WORK[etc] review by Keith K.
Keith K.

"Fast, Efficient, Effective and Comprehensive"

What do you like best?

Reducing the number of "silos of information" is the #1 benefit of WorkEtc, and the reason we adopted it. Get rid of separate CRM, support ticket management, project management, database entries, notes, spreadsheets, untracked email, work timers, and more....because ALL are part of WorkEtc. Customization tools are the #2 benefit. Create 'Custom Tags and from them, create Smart Lists' (based on info already contained in WorkEtc (instead of separate spreadsheets for everything). Create standard (YOUR 'custom standard) projects, email replies, etc. Do it once and ensure it's done the same way every time.

The third top benefit is easy integration with Google Apps, especially email and calendar apps. I understand the program does the same for Microsoft email and calendars.

What do you dislike?

Weird complaint: As much as we rely on WorkETC, I believe we're only harnessing 2 or 3% of what the program is capable of doing. That's our fault - not theirs. Set aside time to concentrate on the basics when you set it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set aside at least fifty hours to learn the system as an owner or deeply invested manager. That's before implementation. For implementation, I devoted several long weekends (2 or 3 days x 12 hours/day) to set up templates for projects, basic Knowledge Base articles, integration with Google Mail and Google Calendar and more. Project To-Dos are explicit and comprehensive. The time was/is well worth it. That time was paid back five- or ten-fold in the first year, and at least 50-fold per year since, besides greater accountability and accuracy.

Done once, done right. WorkETC helps you set a strong standard for your work, and provides templates for getting it done right the first time, without reinventing the wheel. Our typical project has 72 steps+, all covered by our project template and reinforced by the WorkETC knowledge base.

WORK[etc] review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"An all-in-one for a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

We've finally found a business management tool that works for us! We are a 2-person shop that needed both project management, and support desk tools. This is the only tool we found after 24 months that worked for us - and was priced appropriately! The staff is responsive and was very helpful when we were first setting up our instance. We know that they'll be there if we ever need assistance in the future!

What do you dislike?

There are a few things about the current system that aren't quite "there", such as the integration with Xero accounting software. But, we hear that there is a new, completely revamped version on the way that will be a big improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a test drive and understand all the possibilities to integrations! Take the time to meet with some of the Work[etc] staff to get your questions and specific situation discussed in detail. They'll provide you with great recommendations on how to use the tool to its fullest.

We use Work[etc] for project management, deal management, incident management and customer management.

WORK[etc] review by Randy B.
Randy B.

"Excellent all in one CRM and more "

What do you like best?

I have three favorite areas of Worketc. First, it is an excellent CRM database which lets us keep track of our customer info. We can drill down to a customer record and see all of their tickets, invoices, etc in one place. Second we love worketc for the support tickets. Attached to customer records we keep track of all support requests with these. Thirdly, we love worketc for the billing. We can keep track of time our techs spend right inside of worketc, attached to the ticket. When its time to bill, its jsut click a couple of buttons and boom... customer billed!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an automatic way for tickets to enforce and remind techs and supervisors of compliance with Service Level Agreements, or even just auto reminders of tickets that are outstanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take advantage if their awesome customer service to get you all set up.

Just keeping all of the info together (see above) lets us provide better customer service AND save time and money. 2 techs can do the work of 3, easy.

WORK[etc] review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"WorkETC"

What do you like best?

The ability to track and keep on task with all the events that we have for our clients. I am able to constantly keep track from sales pitches, to quotes, to sending over contacts. You can do all of this from within the site or your gmail track which my company uses in our day to day.

What do you dislike?

Although I do like the worketc app, it does not have the same functionality. I would like to be able to do more like the website. I am able to track as I am out in the field but we are limited.

We had issues with not retaining the correct information in an efficient way. Often times we had data all over the place in different areas so it was hard to ensure everything we needed was in one place. This was able to solve that issue for us and keep us accountable with timelines and data entry.

WORK[etc] review by Runy C.
Runy C.

"Worketc has helped me survive with zillions of projects and tasks"

What do you like best?

How it integrates with google apps and gmail.

The flexibility to change the system to your business is incredible.

What do you dislike?

That They currently don't have an affiliate program. So I'm not receiving a penny writing this review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start using it. Key in one project you are working on. Make one sales proces for a specific client group. Then make one online form and put it on your website to get info right in your worketc system. If you are using gmail or google apps install the plugin right away. It is simply awesome. You link all emails to a project or lead.

Then build more projects and you see it growing.

One last thing: download the apps for iphone and ipand and carry your crm in your pocket.

I coach knowledge professionals to stay on top of their business and deliver quality services.

I have managed a portfolio of complex projects with just one online tool. If you ask me what I have been doing the last year, I can press 1 button and give you a report.

WORK[etc] review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great CRM for Any Company Size"

What do you like best?

​love the timesheets they really help me keep organized and make me feel better about what I have done in the day. We use the support ticket feature the most and I couldn't see being able to do my job without it. It allows us to stay organized, upload attachments and make sure we're not stepping on each others toes.

What do you dislike?

The original mobile app felt a bit crowded. You aren't able to filter support tickets like you can on a desktop. Also they could have more pricing options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are plenty of videos and online support to get an idea what the interface is like. If you can afford to take a few months to try it out I'm sure you will love it.

I use mostly support tickets, so being able to keep tabs on who it is assigned to, and what is being done on it. Such as time spent, did they email the person back, have they attached documents to help prevent the issue in the future. We realized we could activate these for the customers to see, so if they ever have the problem again they can go back and look at how it was resolved.

WORK[etc] review by Emmett "Corky" K.
Emmett "Corky" K.

"Working with Work[etc]"

What do you like best?

This is the most comprehensive SaaS tool I've been able to find for managing operations of my geographically distributed, multinational digital services firm. It has all the things I need from CRM to PM to Accounting and Support all under one interface, with mobile apps so I can work from the field as well as from my office. No other product I have located can provide as much of what we need in a single place as this tool does.

What do you dislike?

I definitely encountered a bit of a learning and configuration curve when taking this on, but that speaks to it's power and flexibility. The problem is, there are no real basic defaults to use as guidelines which means you have to dig in and overcome a steep learning curve, while encountering things that may be bugs, or may be user issues or lack of configuration and it's difficult to tell the difference. Support is great so these things can usually be overcome, but don't expect this process to be fast or easy (the support is lightening fast, the learning curve is what takes the time)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are solo, this is not for you. If you are a firm larger than a few staff with many external suppliers and clients, this could be just the ticket, just be prepared for a couple weeks of setup, support and configuration to get it dialed in for your needs.

I'm solving the problem of automating as much of my business as I can, so I can focus on customer service and not on spreadsheets and post-it notes. A single solution like Work[etc] means I don't have to have integrated multiple login systems for various operations like CRM into project management, billing and support. The strength and weakness of this system are it's scope, scale and depth. The learning curve is a bit steep, the configuration is a bit overwhelming at first, but once done, the value is huge to me and my organization of 65+ people to work cohesively throughout an entire engagement lifecycle.

WORK[etc] review by Cyntia L.
Cyntia L.

"WORKetc, a great software for start ups"

What do you like best?

I like this software because it is very easy to use and you can do many things with it: project management, CRM... It's like having many software integrated in one.

My favorite feature is project management. It's kind of like using MS project but in more simple.

I alo like being able to transfer emails from Outlook to WORK[etc] thanks to the add-in feature. It helps keeping track of who said what to who. Moreover, other people of the company can see the discussion without having to receive all the emails !

What do you dislike?

Some features could be added to the software. For example, there could a tab about suppliers where we could create request for quotation.Also, it would be nice to be able to create forecast reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend WORKetc to start ups that do not hav a bigh budget to spend in softwares. WORKetcis pretty straightforward and there are great videos to teach users how to use every module of the software.

This product is being use for the contact database, Indeed, thanks to this feature each member of the team can have access to the common database. Before, we always have to ask each other what is the phone number or email address of this person, now all our contacts are in WORKetc !

This software is also use for the sales tab: to create sales lead, product catalog, prices, make quote. It's great because we can assign different people to each sales lead.

WORK[etc] review by Lydia B.
Lydia B.

"Worketc = Dynamic CRM tool"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about using worketc is the ability to link different mediums of a customer's profile together. Support cases, projects, notes, discussions can all be linked to the original contact's page with ease and a detailed overview. The ability to tag and send requests to notify other employees that are recorded in the customer's client file ensures that a user can easily see the historical interactions with the customer and be fully informed.

What do you dislike?

I think Worketc could manage generating lists or compiling information a little more easier for the user. When i try to look through customers by address or phone number, I find it difficult to use the advanced search options. Worketc could also improve the dashboard with more interactive features to give users an overview of their weekly/monthly/lifetime use. Sometimes I find a more concise overview and automatically generated daily reports can help users make more focused decisions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worketc is a wonderful CRM tool, that if used correctly, can help any business owner or employee stay on track. This CRM has features that are extremely dynamic and versatile and can be applied to any type of business.

I really like being able to view the historical interactions between our registered users and the clients. Linking clients to discussions allows anyone involved to easily access historical information in order to make the most up to date decisions. I have recently been taking advantage of the tool on my Gmail that allows me to attach email correspondences to existing leads, projects, and support cases.

WORK[etc] review by Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.

"Worketc is a performance workhorse"

What do you like best?

What I like best about worketc is automation. What I also like about wortketc is the fact that every department head can access the phases of a project easily and with comfort. When we lose touch with our customer base it's because we're not using worketc properly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about worketc. I believe that if you use worketc properly you can take full advantage of creating a wonderful customer experience for your customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure that you get your team together when you start using worketc and design the workflow together and have everyone on board.

We are solving the business problem that we want to succeed in maintaining up to date data and contact information for our clients. We need to keep in touch with them because the timescale of our projects can be vast and differs on a case to case basis and it's hard to systemize.

WORK[etc] review by Hannah G.
Hannah G.

"Great project management for a start up"

What do you like best?

The best part is that it is CRM tool, Project Management and invoicing system. You don't have to access any other system for information for your projects which doesn't sound like much until you have it! Seriously come invoicing time we used to scramble around looking for updates on projects and the accountant would have to enter everything in on the consultant's word. With WOKR[etc], the employee puts in all their normal project management tasks and updates and when it comes time for invoicing it automatically pulls everything. It's seriously great. We have it integrated with QuickBooks and GoogleApps as well. All payments post to our books and we can link emails to projects.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features seem like a work in progress. A couple links are very clunky and it can be hard to get around unless you know where you're going. We had a lot of trouble with the calendar feature and it doesn't really add anything helpful, so we just ended up not using it entirely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend a lot of time in set up and work with your users a lot. It took about 3 months of setting it up the way we needed for our company and some users are still learning how to use it. It's easier if your users have some experience with project management or CRM tools. Not a very good tool for entry level users, but not impossible to learn.

We've really been able to eliminate so much organizational trouble. We used to have to run around collecting information from people's inboxes or fileshare and no other project management product really seemed to fit for a consulting business. Discussions, document shares, project updates, contacts and invoicing all work really, really well in WORK[etc]/

WORK[etc] review by Christina F.
Christina F.

"A great way to keep your Digital Ducks in a row."

What do you like best?

Everything in communication with my clients is accessible in one click. WorkETC's main search box is my #1 tool for finding anything from people and companys to emails and support cases. They make it very easy to file items under company or client profiles and give you great customization options for tagging content, organizing data and creating customized profiles/fields to track content specific to our company.

What do you dislike?

WorkETC's search box is probably their most powerful tool, but it lacks in search-ability in some cases. Sometimes it's hard to find phrases with more than one word as it searches for them as separate content rather than one phrase together. This makes me have to think about unique words so I don't get overloaded with useless search results.

One feature I would like to see from WorkETC in the future is a proofing system. We're a graphically inclined company and sending proofs via email attachments one by one can be cumbersome especially when we're sending 20+ files in one email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small businesses that are largely in communication with their clients via email, WorkETC is a great tool to keep your data organized in one easy-to-use threshold. We do not utilize the Projects, Financing sections, but know that they are included and tie in seamlessly with the client data. The smart lists and reporting are another notable feature and WorkETC offers a multitude of pre-templated reports that cover all aspects of company data, billing and employee rates and hours to make it easy to evaluate your business from any perspective.

WorkETC's filing system combined with their powerful searching tool allows us easy access to a massive amount of data we would otherwise have a hard time rifling through via only an email client. Being able to organize our communication and profiles for our clients have made it much easier to resolve issues or contradictions with a dedicated 'paper-trail'. Timesheet tracking has also made us more efficient with keeping hours on clients so we can bill them accordingly and on schedule - something we lacked with out this technology.

WORK[etc] review by Ross H.
Ross H.

"More than just a CRM: WorkEtc helps with many different business processes"

What do you like best?

The best feature about WorkEtc is that it allows us to work trans-nationally. WorkEtc is not only a CRM but through it's project management and customer support integration we've been able to automate many different business processes, and we don't need to rely on being in "the office" to work. The best feature is that WorkEtc works to integrate business processes, linked to a CRM, through to invoicing and then through to Xero (our accounts system).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface feels and behaves a little "clunky". And at times data is not captured correctly in data fields (such as completing sales invoices). These are tiny complaints in comparison to the benefits of WorkEtc. Their inventory sales system is inadequate for our needs (we use another Trade Gecko for inventory) and their timesheet reporting could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better options for Inventory Management; I don't think WorkEtc is suited for inventory.

We use WorkEtc to manage our CRM and marketing processes, including direct mailing, emailing (within WorkEtc and MailChimp). We have set up project management for contract work - this includes project planning, time-sheets and invoicing. We also loan items to clients and use WorkEtc to manage this process: from order enquiry, to fulfilment, return and to invoicing.

WORK[etc] review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"What does philosophy have to do with CRM?"

What do you like best?

The philosophy implemented is "Is it is not in Worketc, it does not exist!" Live and breath this ;-) But really there are huge benefits to productivity increase. Employees don't have to reach out to employees everything they have a question, they can reach out to Worketc and how your company has set it up. This saves everyone time! No more searching around for information.

Also something of importance, keeping all documents and information in a single location, is the single most important thing to me. This cuts down on customer support case resolution. We answer the same questions many times, and we can used canned responses and locate documents apply those to a support case and move down the road. No wasting time.

What do you dislike?

The one thing Worketc needs to improve on is speed. We live in an instant world and when I click on something, I expect it to go there right away. The slowness is a matter of milliseconds though, just more of a OCD thing when surfing the net that I have. The good thing about Worketc is they are always working on improving their product. Although I say this now, they already have features to speed up their system. Their continues support gives me confidence any concerns I may have will be resolved in the near future, and that is more important to me than a few milleseconds.

Productivity increase. We are able to manage our website projects more efficiently and respond to clients. We are also able to know where things stand. What stage are we in project X? Questions like these can be answered in seconds helping management know went to speed things up, and where projects need more work.

WORK[etc] review by Branden M.
Branden M.

"Everything you need for WORK"

What do you like best?

The best thing is how everything is linked together in one place. You can add support cases, timesheets and to-dos (and can attach any of them/all of them to each other as appropriate). This makes it easy to follow any issue or new feature from beginning to end. And it makes it easier for someone other than yourself to see what you're doing, and how long it's been taking (useful for analytics).

What do you dislike?

I'll second what a lot of people say in hoping for an auto-save feature. I also wish a bit more QA was run with the UX as I've run into weird issues where I resize a textbox to view some data, just for it to revert to its smaller size when I go to edit the data. These will both hopefully be fixed with the next website revamp. None of these are world shattering, but they are annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look, I say go for it. They've got a ton of features, almost everything you'd need with a business. And whatever they don't have, they've probably got some sort of connectivity set up with the necessary 3rd party apps. Your business definitely won't be hurt by switching and will most definitely be improved.

We've gotten rid of using multiple products and focused all on WORK[etc]. We don't need a separate timekeeping program, we have WORK[etc]. We don't need a to-do list program, we have WORK[etc]. We don't need to have a subscription to a support desk system (or make our own), we have WORK[etc].

WORK[etc] review by Deanna P.
Deanna P.

"A great way to connect our company from the backstage to the front stage!"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that WORK[etc] is more than just a CRM system to keep all of our contacts in one place. We utilize this system for everything from building out our sales leads to the backstage process for each of our services and engagements. Everything is able to connect with each other and everyone on our team is able to access all of the information from one location. It's also been great at improving our communication in the office. We are able to start discussions under calendar events, contact names, firms, leads as well as projects to ask critical questions and provide quick updates. This also allows for all of our communications to be captured in one place where we can look back at them in the coming years if we need a refresher.

What do you dislike?

Random bugs that occur can really throw off your work and process. That has probably been my biggest dislike. I understand that bugs happen, and they are good about getting them fixed pretty quickly, but they still happen enough to get you frustrated. I also don't like that sometimes updates take place during our work hours, this causes the system to slow down or be un-accessible. Since we utilize the system for everything, if it's not working while we are open then we can't get work done or help our clients accurately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very open with them when you are first reaching out. Explain what you need and figure out if what they have to offer really fits your needs. Make sure that you have the majority of your staff onboard with investing in this project. I'd also highly suggest you set up a task force/team that will be the individuals working to standardize your processes in each of the areas. This group should be well versed in what you need and willing to be the go-to individuals for anyone else in your company that might stumble across a problem or question.

Again, a huge problem that we've solved would be the across company communication. Everyone knows what is happening in all stages of our process, and if they don't know they know exactly where to find the answer. Now that we have everything built out, it's also helping with the time that it takes to complete projects. In WORK[etc] you're able to clone a project which means all the beginning work we did when we first started with the system is paying off by cloning those to our current and future projects...we don't have to build the same thing out over and over and over. It's also helped in the sales department since we have all of our leads captured and we are able to see what is being worked, what has been overlooked and where we are at in the process.

WORK[etc] review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Not bad, not great "

What do you like best?

I have no idea what the cost on the product is. However, I like the search all function and the ability to user it across departments.

What do you dislike?

Oh man, it is not an intuitive product at all.

This is a convenient way to track projects. Additionally, the interface with the G suite is convenient.

WORK[etc] review by William M.
William M.

"WORKetc is the all in one solution we were looking for to run our multi-university consultancy. "

What do you like best?

I love that WORKetc is an affordable, integrated business management system; not just a sales oriented CRM with a bunch of apps appended to it.

What do you dislike?

Like any CRM or Business Management System, it still takes deep thinking and hard work to create business processes, set up WORKetc to track those processes and to get end users to adopt the processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having tested ALL of the major CRM's on the market, I have found WORKetc to be not only the best CRM (Business Management System) but also the best VALUE with the best SUPPORT.

With our consultants working out of three separate universities and on three different IT systems, the entire front end of our sales process was dark. Getting all consultants to use WORKetc sheds light on the sales process. Because WORKetc is not just a CRM, it allows us to move a client engagement along from first contact to lead, to proposal, to contract, to project, to billing, to accounting and to reporting.

As a result of above, we are building a complete and accurate database of clients and are increasing consulting opportunities in every area of our business.

WORK[etc] review by James H.
James H.

"The search is over..."

What do you like best?

Slick CRM combined with project management, central email and document handling and lots of other features - WORKetc was the solution we were looking for but didn't know existed.

As a business owner - it gives me complete transparency and accountability in every area.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I didn't find it sooner?

No honestly - the weakest part in my opinion is the cross platform usage. The current app could be better... but all that is being addressed in an update that I believe should be released very soon.

So really this dislike is really a like - as WORKetc is a company that actually listens to its customers and integrates the soltuions they need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to work out how your business works and how WORKetc works.

Setting it up well and adapting it well to your business will pay off in spades as you get in deeper.

Crucially - WORKetc solved the problem of everyone in our design office and front office having individual threads of conversations by email with clients - leading to a lot of leaning over and verbal synchronisation between staff (very inefficient... not to mention noisy).

Now all email passes through the project management system, with multiple employees assigned and it keeps everyone up to date effortlessly.

Thank god the days of mails cc'ing the whole office are over.

Just blitz your clients to get them to stop using the individual mail addresses - and watch the time saving!

WORK[etc] review by Michal B.
Michal B.

"Best CRM we've used!"

What do you like best?

The ability to track everything! Worketc. has made it easy to track hours, notes, inter-company discussions about the project, expenses, and on and on. We take full advantage of the Gantt charts and project trees for our company, and it's great that we can have a quick glance at the structure for each job.

Also, the support is fantastic. We always get a quick response when we email, and they're genuinely helpful and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

There's no auto-save feature like Mac or Google Drive has. It's so easy to get used to everything saving when you exit out of a screen, so I've made quite a few "oops" without the auto-save feature. We do a lot of note taking either on paper or in Evernote and have to transfer information into Worketc, just so we aren't losing them as we're talking with clients.

Secondly, the time-sheets like to think they know how long you've worked, or they like to put your time into the next day. It would be great if they weren't quite so smart. I would call this a user-error, but when all of us have the same problem, I know it's not just me :)

Finally, the cross-platform usage and the app aren't the greatest, but I've seen definite improvements. We're excited to see how awesome these become over the next several updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it now. It's so worth the money and time investment. Our company is built around this software and we would be lost without it.

We are a technology company who primarily services restaurants and franchises. We use Worketc. to keep the projects separated between companies and their individual franchises. The benefits we've seen are the ability to track expenses, time, emails, quotes, invoices, and customer documents (contracts, permissions, etc) to each specific job; and the ability to bill everything in a clean and easy manner.

WORK[etc] review by Randy F.
Randy F.

"Just about the best - short on mobile"

What do you like best?

WorkEtc covers a lot of ground with a relatively easy and intuitive interface. Workflows from lead capture to service invoicing all work well. Best feature? - the fact that it covers so much ground all in one app.

What do you dislike?

Mobile use. Current (v2) mobile app was simply not written by people who actually use WorkEtc. in a real mobile environment. Where the web app (on a desktop) is very good for a great many workflows, the mobile app borders on unusable for anything that you would expect to do while in the field (i.e. .... mobile). The v3 mobile app is approaching beta - preview video looks VERY good. If WorkEtc. executes the mobile app any where near as well as their web app, they will be alone at the top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you fully understand what workflows are critical to your business. Don't role out too much too soon, and take a hard look at mobile use cases (v3 mobile app, responsive web site design - both 'coming soon').

Primary workflows are related to project management, service tracking, and invoicing. Biggest benifit is a single app to assign a support case, track events/activity related to the support case, tracking products related to a support case, and then "one button" invoice generation with the client being able to follow the whole process via the client portal.

WORK[etc] review by Kathryn G.
Kathryn G.

"FINALLY! The perfect fit for my boutique consultancy."

What do you like best?

The support staff.

I have tried a number of business management systems in the past and those that seemed to work well, just didn't have the support to back them up.

In the case of WORKetc, I've got a powerful and highly-customizable system at my fingertips. And should I come across a function I don't understand, a quick email to support and a short wait is all that stands between me and moving my work along.

What do you dislike?

When writing reviews like these, I try to shy away from "dislikes" that are actually feature requests, but in my case, these are starting to present some problems.

First, there is no background auto-save feature like in Google Drive. When I'm in a meeting with a client, I'll append a note to the calendar event for the meeting and type my notes directly in the system. However, without an auto-save feature, if my browser or computer crashes, my notes are lost. Yes, I know. Noob mistake. I just take my notes in Evernote now and copy them over, but it's a step that's kind of annoying.

I also really wish there was a tablet-specific app for WORKetc. When I'm in the field, I don't really need to carry around a laptop, except that's the only way to easily update WORKetc. Yes, I could pull it up in a browser, but it's just not the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WORKetc is definitely a system that you're going to (1) want to trial for yourself extensively and (2) budget for some up-front consulting on setup.

This is not a system you can just pay for an be up-and-running with in a few days if you want to leverage its full power (automation, notifications, etc.).

Being a fan of well-run operations, and knowing that providing a consistent experience to customers is often attributable to a consistent behind-the-scenes process, we've been able to systematize almost every aspect of our business.

This has led to quicker implementation of client contracts, and increased client satisfaction overall.

WORK[etc] review by Robbie C.
Robbie C.

"Work[etc] Review by a Web Developer"

What do you like best?

Its a complete solution with all the variables any organization needs that bills by task, to do or project. Manage all clients and contacts, lead management, quoting, project management, invoicing, expenses, and help desk.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this software, we tested dozens of CRM's and this one stood out like a diamond. The time sheet does have a laying flaw but it does not bug me anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Managing all clients and contacts, lead management, project management, help desk aka web/development support. Using the chart to have a timeline on when websites should be completed bases on the avg time from other sites that have been completed.

WORK[etc] review by David M.
David M.

"Work[Etc] helps us work!"

What do you like best?

Timesheets/ Project Management / Activity Streams / ToDo lists / Progress Charts / Support Cases / Reporting

What do you dislike?

Timesheets can be a little fiddly but other than that it's a very feature-rich system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll love it.

Web development for small/ medium businesses in Adelaide, South Australia.

WorkEtc helps us to keep in touch with clients and staff, create TODOs, Support Cases and manage our larger projects,

We have been using WorkEtc in our Web Development business and it's definitely improved our processes. We use WE through the entire development lifecycle and it has proved to be invaluable for devs, support and sales. We also use it to store timesheets and documents, etc. The CRM is intuitive and we would recommend it to many tech businesses like ours.

WORK[etc] review by Stan Z.
Stan Z.

"Awesome all in one CRM for SME"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use, cloud based system that allows us to run project management integrated with a sales pipeline and a range of other key contact marketing activities. We also really like the support and constant optimisation of features and functionalities that the team behind WorkETC is working on.

What do you dislike?

At the moment that mobile app is a bit cumbersome - but apparently there is a new version of the app coming which will be a lot better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system - will take a bit of time to set up - but then works like a charm!

Aligning medium to long term projects with contact activity. It's been great to have everything to do with the business in the same place.

WORK[etc] review by Martin M.
Martin M.

"Great product for growing your small business."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and ease of use of the product. The setup of the product was fairly hassle free and the support is there if you need it. As a technophile and business owner this product has helped me to automate parts of my business and grow.

What do you dislike?

My only problem with the product which is common with this product and similar products is the price for small micro business owners. A pricing plan for one man business's is needed industry wide.

I am solving the problems of lead tracking and generation as well as using this software to grow my knowledge and monitor my business growth baseline.

WORK[etc] review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best CRM and much much more!"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is in one application, we are not having to use multiple applications for CRM, expenses, Projects, Support, document storage and many more.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to come up with what I do not like...we have had so much success thus far and not run into anything negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe you will see quickly the ease of use of the application. If you have used other CRM's before you will see this easy to use and offers much much more!

Our business problems being solved; one applications for all staff to locate everything - CRM, documents, expenses, billing, project time lines, support management. Our benefits are that everyone has access to all information, there is no excuse for not knowing or getting your project complete.

WORK[etc] review by David J.
David J.

"WorkEtc"

What do you like best?

We evaluated WorkEtc 2 years ago and back then it was and still is the best all in one product we could find for CRM, Support, and overall enterprise communication management.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint about workEtc is that someones it can have a bit of feature bloat. In some cases it could do with a little less flexibility to make it easier for the users to understand. This is in no way an issue for our organization but if I had to mention something I dislike, that would be it.

We were able to consolidate 4 separate systems with one WorkEtc implementation. We can now display intuitive dashboards of information about each of our customers that allow us at a glance to see important information about what is going on with that account.

WORK[etc] review by Rima U.
Rima U.

"One Stop Shop For Complete Project Management"

What do you like best?

WORKetc is very easy to learn and very user-friendly tool.

It brings all you work in one place.

Features like Time-sheets, Ticketing and Billing make life really simple and easy to manage.

Solid customer support makes me love it more and more.

What do you dislike?

It would be a great feature if user could work offline with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to everyone who is staring business/setting it up.

This tool is fairly priced and has a high ROI

We use Work[etc] very frequently.

It is very simple to create, maintain and pull out history of tickets.

You can create your own notes and important information for all you clients.

All in all this is a great tool, makes you work productive.

WORK[etc] review by Mike R.
Mike R.

"WorkEtc. offers an all-in-one CRM, Project Management and Financial Reconciliation Solution"

What do you like best?

-Easy to Learn and Customize

-Cloud Based

- Manage calendars

- Project Management

- Invoicing & Accounting

- Leads

- Expenses

-Billable Items

-Invoicing

-Reports

- Awesome Support

- Continued growth of the software

- Has a mobile app

- Integration with Gmail Apps

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for businesses that need to manage client contacts, accounting, service or project management and lead generation.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The main business problem solved was finding an all-in-one business management tool. There are other tools out there but mainly for one primary reason. Whether if it's invoicing, project management or CRM. WorkETC provides all the tools you need that almost any business can use. WorkETC provides a great team and client/contact interaction. Another problem that WorkETC has solved is finding a tool that can be used anywhere, with of course internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything that we dislike but are looking forward to enhanced quoting and mobile platforms

Recommendations to others considering the product

We tested dozens of CRM's and this one stood out in the crowd

Manage all clients and contacts, lead management, quoting, project management, invoicing, expenses, help desk and much more!

WORK[etc] review by Will C.
Will C.

"Powerful and Painful"

What do you like best?

The database is deep and complete - WorkEtc has some serious potential for the price you're paying. It's very comprehensive - project management, CRM, invoicing, help desk, etc, and lots and lots of customizability. The potential for use is expansive!

What do you dislike?

As of this writing, the interface is terrible and the user design is woeful. We are constantly coming up against clumsy and unintuitive design for seemingly basic use cases.

For example, let's say a user is using the search function to look for projects - if his entry has any results for projects he does not have access to, those results still appear in the search results, but it simply says "access denied". So if he only has access to 10 of the 100 results returned, he'll have 90 search results that are completely useless taking up his returned results.

That is only one example of a myriad of questionable design decisions that have made the product have steep learning curve and a pain for us to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out extensively first. We did not do an extensive enough trial run, and we may now be paying for it as we're finding out that it is not well built for timehseet-based invoicing for consulting. There are heaps of features and benefits to be sure, but sometimes down at their most functional level they don't actually work they way we expect or even need.

As a consulting company spread out across the world, WorkEtc allows us to share information about projects with the variety of people around the globe who are involved on a project. As a company, this is our first time using any sort of 'organizational' software - so it is helping us to standardize what we're doing across the company in terms of Project Management, which can otherwise be tough with so many people spread out across so many countries and timezones.

Additionally, having a searchable database of projects is very handy to us in terms of Knowledge management, as frequently we'll do projects related to past work and having those as a reference is incredibly helpful (and saves us time in creating proposals!)

WORK[etc] review by John B.
John B.

"WORKetc Helps Me Build Better Businesses"

What do you like best?

As an independent business consultant, I like the fact that WORKetc provides me with all the tools I need to run my consultancy in a low cost, cloud based solution. I can manage my sales via the CRM and marketing features. Manage my work through the project management and customer support features and keep my finances up to date as well.

What do you dislike?

If there was an area I'd like to see improved it is the iPhone/iPad App. Thought they are functional, I prefer to log in via my iPad's browser to get the full features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around to try other tools first. I spent 12 months finding the right tools for my business and have been using WORKetc for four years now.

Rather than have to pay for several applications to run CRM, Marketing, Project Management, Help Desk and finance WORKetc provides them all so I can run an efficient end-to-end consulting service for my clients.

WORK[etc] review by Brittany T.
Brittany T.

"One Stop Shop for CRM"

What do you like best?

With so many amazing features it is hard to pick just one, however my favorite feature has to be the powerful project management suite of tools. I love that our whole company has the ability to get together in one spot to manage our projects efficiently and with ease! It has been one of the best and most effective project management tools our companies has ever used.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there is nothing about work etc that lacking. It is a complete management tool for any business!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get ready to be dissatisfied with any other customer management tools you have tried! Work etc. will ruin you for anything other than its perfection!

Among the time management tools and the ability to store all of your customer data in one convenient place the small features seem to be the most worthwhile features. The smart lists as well as the custom fields that can be added to the customer information make this software one of the best I have used for Customer management.

WORK[etc] review by Sholem B.
Sholem B.

"One Stop Shop for Anything and Everything Business."

What do you like best?

The possibility to get to know just one system, and with that you cover ALL basic business needs, from

(1) a full Marketing Funnel, to help you get people in the door, and track what works and how, to

(2) a full CRM system, including tracking all contacts, even the dead cold ones like those in your Social Media Networks, up the hottest Fans and avid ambassadors, Then to the actual work load:

(3) Project Management, and all tools and features affiliated with it. Next is the:

(4) Resources abilities, where you keep all your connections, employees, and outsourced workforce, combined and integrated with the Project Management system. Just Brilliant! Add to that:

(5) the full Billing cycle, including Budgeting, automated Expenses and Payroll etc. Above all that you get:

(6) A HelpDesk system, covering all aspects of all previous compartments! Unfathomable!

(7) A customer's view port, to be able to observe the progress without bothering anyone.

(8) Automatic Email integration, for any specific inquiry or the share whatever comes up.

It truly is a dream come through for anyone who wants a smooth running business.

What do you dislike?

The price for a Start-up company, who wants to start out on the right track, systemizing everything right from the beginning, but have no resources to pay for anything. This is not fitted for a shoestring budget so many companies start out with.

If only they can grow in tandem with the growth of the company...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the features of all other systems combined, then compare it to WorkEtc.

Business systemization and automation

Marketing Strategy and automation

Acquisition and retention costs

Customer Relationship and Customer Life Time Value Analysis

WORK[etc] review by Thomas L.
Thomas L.

"Work[etc.] All-in-one Collaboration "

What do you like best?

Having everyone use the same platform, and bringing clarity and openness to the companies projects, sales process, etc.

What do you dislike?

The application can be a little daunting with all of the options, settings, tabs. With a little time and training, most of our employees have enjoyed the transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to set everything up before you go-live with the application!

Removing the barriers between departments. We have seen great collaboration and openness since we launched a couple of months ago.

WORK[etc] review by Allen B.
Allen B.

"WorkETC the All-In-One Business Management Software Tool"

What do you like best?

The best things about WorkETC are:

- It is cloud based, so you can get on your account from anywhere with an internet connection

- It is easy to learn and start working on your every day tasks

- It's a CRM

- Manage calendars

- Project Management

- Invoicing & Accounting

- Leads

- Reports

- Awesome Support

- Continued growth of the software

- Has a mobile app

- Integration with Gmail Apps

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WORK[etc] review by Arturo G.
Arturo G.

"It help me consolidate our business"

What do you like best?

Work ETC is an excellent tool that helps me capture the continuous data stream of my work, and convert it in something more tangible. Emails that request or ask something regarding my work can be converted in tasks or support cases, emails appointing me to some meeting will be converted in events, new business opportunities are converted into Sales leads..... and all this is done with many devices, gmail, smartphone and all this information is automatically linked to clients, projects, time sheets, billing, etc.

What do you dislike?

I should have a better integration with social media being able to capture sales leads that come from forums in Linked In or twitter. It should have profiles connected to groups that help me identify people looking for professionals like me.

All the busines process: Potential customer, sales lead, quotations, closing deals, projects, expenses and time sheets, delivery and finally billing.

WORK[etc] review by Pablo V.
Pablo V.

"It's a truely complete and versatile product with loads of features"

What do you like best?

The hour-registration to invoicing feature saves me loads of time in my daily business.

What do you dislike?

Getting a good overview of available/reserved time for my team is really hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though it's a team product it has its benefits as well for a solo-use as I have been using it for a couple of months already.

For my webdevelopment business it's difficult to find a product that suits a lot of needs (planning, CRM, projects, invoicing, documents) in an easy to use way. WORK[etc] really does this in a fast and clear way, getting my hands free to focus on business instead of the paperwork.

WORK[etc] review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Greatly improved our project management process"

What do you like best?

This software has greatly improved our internal processes by allowing us to share projects, tasks, and information. The fact that it is a people-based software allows us to organize projects by client, and assign sub-projects that are linked to the master project.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if more of their features were able to be exported (GANTT chart, project tree, etc.).

Billing efficiency has greatly improved. We are able to capture expenses when they are incurred and timesheet activities as they occur to assist with job costing.

WORK[etc] review by Joanne L.
Joanne L.

"Work.etc works for me"

What do you like best?

I like that it is cloud based so that I can access it anywhere

I like the way that it allows my to combine virtually all of the activities of my business in one place

Really like the option to have multiple invoice designs as I run several businesses

What do you dislike?

Blog design options are a bit limited and I sometimes have trouble with the integration with microsoft

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an all round solution to managing customer interaction I highly recommend that you give WORKetc a trial. It's the best option I've found.

Managing appointments and invoicing are the major benefits for me.

WORK[etc] review by Steven K.
Steven K.

"Very good!"

What do you like best?

Its an all in one web based program that works well for a tech support.

What do you dislike?

they do not have shipping, inventory section.

We solve may things with our help desk.

WORK[etc] review by Administrator

"Great Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the variety of features and automated functionality of the product.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was integrated with Outlook so that we could synch up our calendaring directly instead of having to use Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More integration with Outlook

Project Management, Invoicing/Billing, IT Job Tickets, HR-It is an all-in one tool.

WORK[etc] review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Just What We Needed and Just in Time!"

What do you like best?

The ability to drill down and get to other pieces of information. Along with the custom fields.

What do you dislike?

the projects in ability to factor in weekends and or holidays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely the best customer service experience I have ever received.

Held Desk, knowledge-base, and company communication. The ability to have all the information we need at our finger tips. We don't have to go to 3 or 4 different sources.

WORK[etc] review by Biljana G.
Biljana G.

"Great cloud service"

What do you like best?

Great service with fresh ideas, great support team and always new improvement in progress.

What do you dislike?

hmm..nothing special. there is a lot of options and team from work[etc] made a great product.

all in one service.

WORK[etc] review by Marc K.
Marc K.

"Professional services - you need Worketc.."

What do you like best?

Complete solution with all the variables any organization needs that bills by task, to do or project.

What do you dislike?

Vocabulary tasks some getting used to, invoice details need improvement but they are working on it!

I wish it interfaced with our exchange email server

Centralized point for time, to do, project and tracking

WORK[etc] review by Ralph Y.
Ralph Y.

"As a Small Company WORK[etc] is Cost Effective & Does Almost Everything we Need."

What do you like best?

The quick access to client information and the ease of building mailing lists and lead pools.

What do you dislike?

The Outlook integration can be slightly flaky sometimes.

Allows the sales and marketing to join up properly. Easy quote and invoicing production.

We are now starting to use it for time-sheeting and help desk.

WORK[etc] review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"A fantastic all in one business platform"

What do you like best?

I love that I access 9+ cloud apps from one pane of glass. I was able to cut down on so many subscriptions.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit steep for this product and the UI design is a bit dated.

Having all customer contact from lead through support has been the biggest benefit.

WORK[etc] review by Oscar C.
Oscar C.

"Pretty good for a work in progress. "

What do you like best?

Billing and calendar integration and time sheets. The help desk and knowledge base and contacts.

What do you dislike?

Lack of reports exports and limited report filters and a not so great client portal.

I have 4 consultants in different cities this mostly helps me organize my billing and workflow.

WORK[etc] review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"One stop shopping"

What do you like best?

- Cloud based

- everything included (no need for any other app) : Helpdesk ticketing, finance, invoicing, CRM, 'email'

- evolutive

- reactive Helpdesk (thanks to Steve W.)

What do you dislike?

- you need to trust worketc since you give them all your data (with God's help, they won't go bankrupt)

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider it twice

everything, I have a company I can run with dashboards

Learning about WORK[etc]?

* We monitor all WORK[etc] reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.