Workable

Workable is everything you need to hire, in one place. From posting your job ad to managing candidates, it saves time on admin and creates time for people.

Work for Workable?

Learning about Workable?

Workable Reviews

Ask Workable a Question
Showing 36 Workable reviews
Workable review by <span>Kelly C.</span>
Kelly C.

Functional ATS with lots of great perks

What do you like best?

I love the organizational pipeline that tracks your candidates through each stage of the interview process - from applying to hiring. The pipeline is totally customizable which is great for our company's unique processes. From a marketing standpoint, we love that Workable is integrated with our website's careers page - better for SEO, etc.

What do you dislike?

We get so many candidates that it would be nice to have a customized, generic email go out immediately upon applying. Workable send's it's own "We received your application" but we'd like to have one go out explaining that we may take a week or two to get back to them while we sort through everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really consider how may job slots you need - we way overestimated and will likely be scaling back at renewal. I also am not totally sold on the "People Search" function.

Our applicant tracking is totally organized! We used to have great candidates that fell into the "black hole" - forgetting about, never followed up with. That doesn't happen anymore. And we're keeping our managers accountable for what needs they say they have.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workable
Workable review by <span>Leigh V.</span>
Leigh V.

Great tool with many uses

What do you like best?

Workable is super easy to learn/use and extremely helpful for keeping all of our candidate info and correspondence in one place. Plus Workable is constantly updating with new features that make it even better.

What do you dislike?

I can only say I dislike a few small things (that are easily fixed and hopefully will be). If you have the same candidate in the system twice there's no way to merge them. Also, you can't move a candidate from a job into the Talent Pool, which would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering they will give you a free trial, there's no downside to trying Workable out. The tool has been massively helpful to our company. We started out just using it in one department but quickly realized the entire company could benefit from using it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a better way to communicate with and organize candidates.

Workable is a one-stop-shop for advertising a job, tracking and corresponding with candidates, reviewing candidates after interviews and communicating with co-workers about candidates. It's saved massive amounts of time for me as a recruiting coordinator and has been happily adopted by the entire company (which is a feat!).

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Workable review by <span>Aravind N.</span>
Aravind N.

A handy tool for a recruiter

What do you like best?

Workable is an amazing crm tool for a recruiter. Unlike other crm tools which can be used to store leads for sales and recruiting, workable is purposefully created for recruitment process. We can post and publish a job. It says it will post to 20+ job boards and sources the resumes. The resumes received through workable can be handled in workable’s dashboard through one can send emails, track and update the status of the candidates in the recruiting process.

It has a chrome extension were we can search using keywords such as name and title or you can paste the LinkedIn link to get email and phone number along with the presence of social media profiles. You can avail 5 free credits every day for a free user, to get more credits we need to upgrade the plan.

What do you dislike?

While using chrome extension to find contact details such as email and phone number, whether you get the contact info or not the credits will be deducted and these daily 5 free credits will not get carry over to other day so we have to use it at least by the end of the day. The contact info obtained sometimes contains dead phone numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workable has 15 day free trial to post jobs to get resumes sourced and a free chrome extension with daily 5 credits loaded to get contact info by just pasting the LinkedIn link in the search bar. If you like it you can upgrade to a paid plan.

It is very useful to find contact info while lead generation. It gives multiple phone numbers and email addresses as well as links to various social media profiles which helps to get actionable insights about the candidate. Found phone numbers for few prospects in some situations.

Workable review by <span>Brad P.</span>
Brad P.

Simply robust

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to custom design the recruitment stages, and the interaction with other managers with whom I need to discuss candidates. Generally, it's also a very easy platform to use.

What do you dislike?

Loading can be pretty slow, and I think several tasks could do with some improvement in terms of number of clicks. Something as repetitive as moving through the recruitment cycle in an ATS involves a lot of repeat actions. Some of those are accounted for, but I think the workflow could be made more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check if you'll get the integrations with other software platforms you might hope for. If it checks those boxes, I think it's worth at least a trial. I'm happy with Workable and like that it doesn't get too involved / complicated. If a simple process is what you're after, I think you'll probably be happy with Workable. If you want ALL the bells and whistles, maybe keep shopping.

We get a few hundred applicants for each job ad we put live, so Workable has helped us manage that flow, as well as retain a great pipeline of candidates.

Workable review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

Streamline Your Hiring Process

What do you like best?

It makes the hiring process so much easier! Everything is in one place and it takes care of the posting for you! You can track your applicants from their application all the way through the process to hiring! We absolutely love it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike right off the bat -- we truly do love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will streamline your process -- they have a free trial so you can definitely try before you buy!

Hiring! It saves us from having to cross-post our job ads and lets us manage the entire process in one place... including inviting different team members to evaluate applicants for any given job.

Workable review by <span>Dustin M.</span>
Dustin M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Workable has streamlined our interview and hiring process

What do you like best?

We were doing things the old fashioned way with sheets in a shared drive basically trying to track things manually. We looked at a lot of solutions and Workable seemed to fit our online centric collaborative culture. My core responsibilities are not related to interviewing and hiring so I love that I can quickly get pulled into the process, leave my feedback and then check in as needed. Also if I need some back ground info on a candidate and where they are in the process I don't need a full briefing from our HR team, I can just look at a candidates timeline and jump right in.

What do you dislike?

I felt like I was getting too many updates on new candidates as we had a high number applying everyday. I went into my profile and changed from a daily alert to a weekly update. Problem solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

We were trying to solve the problems that come along with manually tracking candidates through spreadsheets and shared drives. We are a rapid growth start up and needed something that could scale with us.

We've cut considerably cut down the amount of time our HR staff spends on hiring and found a solution that quickly and easily plugs in the right people at the right time in the process. I've also lost a little weight during the process but that might just be due to better eating habits and increased activity

Learn more about Workable

Workable Videos

Learning about Workable?

* We monitor all Workable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.