Workable

Workable is everything you need to hire, in one place. From posting your job ad to managing candidates, it saves time on admin and creates time for people.

Work for Workable?

Learning about Workable?

Workable Reviews

Ask Workable a Question
Showing 38 Workable reviews
Workable review by Deb M.
Deb M.

"Workable offers us so many options!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to share applicants with other team members - we can add our notes, email the applicant using their recommended templates (or customize them ourselves!) and track them throughout the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a way to move a candidate from one job to another if we feel they are more qualified to a different position we have open. I wish you could add a working link to a document we want them to fill out or set them up for an Uberconference call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you learn the product, it's easy to navigate and search. If you've never used software of this type there is a bit of a learning curve to learn all of the features the product offers.

We've attempted to track our applicants via an Asana task and move them through different stages but it was messy, confusing and not nearly as easy to communicate with them to send mass emails or individual replies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workable
Workable review by Kelly C.
Kelly C.

"Functional ATS with lots of great perks"

What do you like best?

I love the organizational pipeline that tracks your candidates through each stage of the interview process - from applying to hiring. The pipeline is totally customizable which is great for our company's unique processes. From a marketing standpoint, we love that Workable is integrated with our website's careers page - better for SEO, etc.

What do you dislike?

We get so many candidates that it would be nice to have a customized, generic email go out immediately upon applying. Workable send's it's own "We received your application" but we'd like to have one go out explaining that we may take a week or two to get back to them while we sort through everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really consider how may job slots you need - we way overestimated and will likely be scaling back at renewal. I also am not totally sold on the "People Search" function.

Our applicant tracking is totally organized! We used to have great candidates that fell into the "black hole" - forgetting about, never followed up with. That doesn't happen anymore. And we're keeping our managers accountable for what needs they say they have.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Workable review by Leigh V.
Leigh V.

"Great tool with many uses"

What do you like best?

Workable is super easy to learn/use and extremely helpful for keeping all of our candidate info and correspondence in one place. Plus Workable is constantly updating with new features that make it even better.

What do you dislike?

I can only say I dislike a few small things (that are easily fixed and hopefully will be). If you have the same candidate in the system twice there's no way to merge them. Also, you can't move a candidate from a job into the Talent Pool, which would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considering they will give you a free trial, there's no downside to trying Workable out. The tool has been massively helpful to our company. We started out just using it in one department but quickly realized the entire company could benefit from using it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a better way to communicate with and organize candidates.

Workable is a one-stop-shop for advertising a job, tracking and corresponding with candidates, reviewing candidates after interviews and communicating with co-workers about candidates. It's saved massive amounts of time for me as a recruiting coordinator and has been happily adopted by the entire company (which is a feat!).

Workable review by Aravind N.
Aravind N.

"A handy tool for a recruiter"

What do you like best?

Workable is an amazing crm tool for a recruiter. Unlike other crm tools which can be used to store leads for sales and recruiting, workable is purposefully created for recruitment process. We can post and publish a job. It says it will post to 20+ job boards and sources the resumes. The resumes received through workable can be handled in workable’s dashboard through one can send emails, track and update the status of the candidates in the recruiting process.

It has a chrome extension were we can search using keywords such as name and title or you can paste the LinkedIn link to get email and phone number along with the presence of social media profiles. You can avail 5 free credits every day for a free user, to get more credits we need to upgrade the plan.

What do you dislike?

While using chrome extension to find contact details such as email and phone number, whether you get the contact info or not the credits will be deducted and these daily 5 free credits will not get carry over to other day so we have to use it at least by the end of the day. The contact info obtained sometimes contains dead phone numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workable has 15 day free trial to post jobs to get resumes sourced and a free chrome extension with daily 5 credits loaded to get contact info by just pasting the LinkedIn link in the search bar. If you like it you can upgrade to a paid plan.

It is very useful to find contact info while lead generation. It gives multiple phone numbers and email addresses as well as links to various social media profiles which helps to get actionable insights about the candidate. Found phone numbers for few prospects in some situations.

Workable review by Brad P.
Brad P.

"Simply robust"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to custom design the recruitment stages, and the interaction with other managers with whom I need to discuss candidates. Generally, it's also a very easy platform to use.

What do you dislike?

Loading can be pretty slow, and I think several tasks could do with some improvement in terms of number of clicks. Something as repetitive as moving through the recruitment cycle in an ATS involves a lot of repeat actions. Some of those are accounted for, but I think the workflow could be made more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check if you'll get the integrations with other software platforms you might hope for. If it checks those boxes, I think it's worth at least a trial. I'm happy with Workable and like that it doesn't get too involved / complicated. If a simple process is what you're after, I think you'll probably be happy with Workable. If you want ALL the bells and whistles, maybe keep shopping.

We get a few hundred applicants for each job ad we put live, so Workable has helped us manage that flow, as well as retain a great pipeline of candidates.

Workable review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Excellent Recruitment Website "

What do you like best?

Workable is streamlined and very efficient to use. Not only do you have multiple pools of candidates to choose from you can share candidates between recruiters and positions. You can also move candidates stage by stage in the hiring process, anywhere from reviewed all the way though to hired. This allows an easy streamlined pipeline of use when dealing with multiple applicants. Searching through applicants is also easy as well. You are able to filter through names, headlines, and even tags. Communication can be done through the website as well keeping yet another aspect organized between you and your applicants or other recruiters using the same job board.

What do you dislike?

For email communications it would be nice to see the entire email chain from the email itself. Workable separates these unless you are on the candidate profile.

Being able to help other recruiters or managers fill positions. When you have a candidate more qualified for another position, it is easy to move them over.

Workable review by Megan S.
Megan S.

"Streamline Your Hiring Process"

What do you like best?

It makes the hiring process so much easier! Everything is in one place and it takes care of the posting for you! You can track your applicants from their application all the way through the process to hiring! We absolutely love it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike right off the bat -- we truly do love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will streamline your process -- they have a free trial so you can definitely try before you buy!

Hiring! It saves us from having to cross-post our job ads and lets us manage the entire process in one place... including inviting different team members to evaluate applicants for any given job.

Workable review by Dustin M.
Dustin M.

"Workable has streamlined our interview and hiring process"

What do you like best?

We were doing things the old fashioned way with sheets in a shared drive basically trying to track things manually. We looked at a lot of solutions and Workable seemed to fit our online centric collaborative culture. My core responsibilities are not related to interviewing and hiring so I love that I can quickly get pulled into the process, leave my feedback and then check in as needed. Also if I need some back ground info on a candidate and where they are in the process I don't need a full briefing from our HR team, I can just look at a candidates timeline and jump right in.

What do you dislike?

I felt like I was getting too many updates on new candidates as we had a high number applying everyday. I went into my profile and changed from a daily alert to a weekly update. Problem solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

We were trying to solve the problems that come along with manually tracking candidates through spreadsheets and shared drives. We are a rapid growth start up and needed something that could scale with us.

We've cut considerably cut down the amount of time our HR staff spends on hiring and found a solution that quickly and easily plugs in the right people at the right time in the process. I've also lost a little weight during the process but that might just be due to better eating habits and increased activity

Workable review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Decent Workflow for Hiring, from a Hiring Manager Perspective"

What do you like best?

Workable is nice from the perspective of being able to move candidates through a process, from initial screening through phone screen to onsite interviews, etc. Bonus is the ability to email communicate with them directly inside the product, and to be able to converse with colleagues about candidates and have all of that captured and easily reviewed.

What do you dislike?

The product is lacking some sort of candidate ranking system, a way to compare candidates inside a particular phase or stage against each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you're ok with not having simple candidate scoring; if that's not a need, this is a great system.

It's wildly easy to collaborate on candidates and quickly move through the hiring process.

Workable review by Natalie B.
Natalie B.

"Some tweaks needed, but overall a great tool"

What do you like best?

The UI is intuitive and everything is customizable. I can collaborate with team members easily using workable. Daily email alerts keep me up to date with applicants. The background check feature is super convenient and I like how Workable pulls in social media info into the account.

What do you dislike?

In order to repost a job, you have to create an entirely new post, meaning that candidates can't be tracked in the same req. Along the same lines, there is nowhere to store candidates who have expressed an interest in your company without assigning them to a specific role. I would also love to see a more robust search feature and reports. Linkedin profiles are sometimes not matched with the correct applicants, but that's rare. The only other thing that would make this nearly perfect are the addition of a few additional job boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have another way to track generally interested applicants-- there's no way to add qualified candidates to the system unless you create a job for them or add them to an existing one.

We use workable as our main ATS, so we track everyone through it. Before that, we were keeping track of folks in spreadsheets-- it was really a mess!

Workable review by Maxime B.
Maxime B.

"Great ATS"

What do you like best?

Workable allows you to be in sync with all of the candidates from different position very easily. It's user friendly platform helps you navigate through all of the stages of the process with a quick glance. And you can connect other tools that you might be using. We did it for our assessment tools, and the process went very well.

What do you dislike?

We can't send bulk emails of the assessment tools to candidate just yet. Hence a lot of clicks are required to contact every candidate with the link for the assessment tool.

We're saving a lot time!!!

Workable review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good baseline product"

What do you like best?

It's a solid platform that integrates with Google suite and assists with applicant tracking. It makes messaging and reviewing where candidates are in the application process fairly smooth.

What do you dislike?

The integration with google events is sometimes buggy with its sync and will send multiple invites to the candidate if you just add another attendee (even within Google events itself)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for the baseline product, but the 3rd site integrations (pay per click) ROI aren't the clearest as applicants move through. I recommend still using any paid promotion services as an external service.

A smoother application process for our candidates for our multi-stage reviews (phone, technical, in person).

Workable review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

I found the layout of the platform really easy to use. If was great to be able to see how many applications were at each stage of the process. I also liked being able to easily track all communications with candidates through the platform. Was also great to be able to collaborate with other members of the organisation through the comments features.

What do you dislike?

What I really would have like was a IOS mobile app. The mobile website worked fine, but I was a little harder to navigate around. This being said, I believe that an IOS version is on the way. Would have been nice to be able to upload templates to a stage of the process to standardise the process more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a really simple and easy to use platform, definitely worth considering.

We were ultimately trying to build a team, and through workable we were able to accurately track and mange the hiring process. Not only this but other parts of the organisation were also buildings there teams out at the same time and we were all able to easily use this platform.

Workable review by User in Internet

"Workable Review"

What do you like best?

- General usability and intuitive usage

- Ability to tag and search tags is helpful

- The fact that emails are linked so that full interactions are logged is helpful

What do you dislike?

Suggestions rather than criticisms but:

- When i've made a mistake and moved someone into a stage which I then want to delete so the colleagues don't wrongly assume they've moved further than they have

- Would be great if you could rate good candidates or have a button/category for coming back to them if they were good but there was no role available at that time

- Not sure of the "not interested or suitable stage" is a standard for workable or created by the account administrator from my company but it does not adequately distinguish between candidates who aren't interested, or when we reject a candidate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not just useful as a platform for publishing job specs and receiving applications through one, visible-to-all avenue but has had the surprise benefit of effectively standardising the hiring process. It is an effective logging tool, and works for re-targetting old candidates and providing key data (such as number of unsuccessful applicants) to prompt businesses to improve/adjust a job spec or be more realistic about the candidate they're looking for

Business problems:

- Not just useful as a platform for publishing job specs and receiving applications through one, visible-to-all avenue but has had the surpirse benefit of effectively standardising the hiring process. It is an effective logging tool, and works for re-targetting old candidates and providing key data (such as number of unsuccessful applicants) to prompt businesses to improve/adjust a job spec or be more realistic about the candidate they're looking for

Workable review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Workable is a great, easy to use solution for our company's rapid growth"

What do you like best?

I come from an HR/Recruiting background and was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to learn the ins and outs of Workable. Within less than a week, I was already well versed with the site and most of the functions. It's easily one of the most attractive, user friendly ATSs I've ever used. Whenever I do have a question, the Workable staff are always quick to respond with a solution. There have been rare occasions when Workable hasn't had a function I was looking for, but since it's a web-based solution, the Workable team is very willing to look into ways to constantly enhance their product , based on user suggestions.

What do you dislike?

There are some suggestions I have given on functions I have needed that Workable doesn't currently have:

- We have a lot of people who were hired for a role on Workable that then help with the interviewing for that same role in the future. It would be nice to be able to archive their profiles (and the profiles of other hired people) and keep the same role open for them to work off of rather than having to open a new role and move all candidates over or to input their feedback for them.

- It would also be helpful to have an easier way of knowing if someone has applied to multiple roles other than looking up their name in the search bar and seeing a few entries and the small message about it on the bottom of their timeline (which is often hidden when there are emails/feedback for the person)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great web-based ATS solution that you can use on the go or throughout your normal day. It's easy to use without being over simplified and Workable has helped us reach our aggressive hiring goals for the year.

We were very rapidly growing in the beginning of this year (we have doubled in size over the last 8 months) and Workable has been a really easy way to organize all of the applicants, move them through the interview/hiring process, engage the hiring managers, and a great resource to store comments/resumes etc. The hiring volume that we were doing earlier this year would have been a lot more stressful/harder to manage without Workable.

Workable review by George P.
George P.

"Recruiting Reinvented"

What do you like best?

We were wanted to start hiring and going in person or go though a sea of CVs was out of the question. Workable seem to fit our cause. From writing the job post to posting it and getting the first responses is a few hours time. Everything was in front of us and we could collaborate and choose applicants with no issues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI is a bit confusing as we were trying to understand the pipeline. After the first times though this was better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

loved its effectiveness

I used it for recruiting and not having to do anything by excel sheets. The time to start having CVs and looking at candidates was really small.

Workable review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I describe workable as "The app that just works. No complaints""

What do you like best?

Everything about workable is the best! It's a solid platform that consistently works the way we need it to. We use a lot of SaaS apps and there are always weaknesses, but we really don't have many complaints about workable!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate well with LinkedIn Premium. You really need a full LinkedIn Recruiter account to tie the accounts together.

The reporting also isn't exactly what we need. It would be great if it had some dynamic filtering in the reports to customize the view better.

Hiring! We're a growing business and Workable keeps our hiring pipeline for 15 active positions organized and streamlined. It takes the pain out of gathering feedback on a candidate and has increased our time to hire through the collaboration / commenting tools.

Workable review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Great Experience with Workable"

What do you like best?

Able to post jobs quick and easy, the knockout questions can be formatted base don the requirements you have keyed in for the job already. you also have the opportunity to disqualify a candidate based on the answers to your knock out questions.

We used Workable and another tracking system and always pulled awesome candidates from Workable over the other system.

We would also have positions that would be open again and Workable saved all job positions as archived so it made posting the position as available that much easier.

What do you dislike?

Some of the navigation through the website was a little hard to get the hang of at first. But nothing that kept me or anyone else on my team from using it to post jobs.

It allowed us to quickly move through candidates based on the knockout questions and allowed us to manage and track candidates more efficiently! I loved using Workable

Workable review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Organize your recruiting process, with good integrations"

What do you like best?

Good workflow and provisioning tools to make sure the right people have the right access on different open roles. Ability to provide comments and perspective is also helpful.

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes, I enjoy using the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Huge upgrade over the previous excel-based process we used (no surprise)

Managing a pipeline of potential candidates, getting back to people in a more timely fashion, prioritizing outreach and interviews for top candidates

Workable review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Human Resource sourcing"

What do you like best?

Workable is simple to learn and a helpful program for recruiting over multiple sites without a lower cost than ZipRecruiter. It has enabled us to gain multiple candidates for positions and to easily network with them.

What do you dislike?

It would be beneficial if workable had a database of individuals looking for jobs that we could search. However, I understand that this is the distinct purpose of workable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.

Filling places in our company with the right employees is difficult. Workable has helped us have a larger platform of candidates to draw from.

Workable review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Great product! "

What do you like best?

I love staying in touch with candidates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. No current dislikes

Workable is a fantastic product. Great workflow, applicant tracking, and on boarding process.

Workable review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"Great ATS"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use interface, being able to construct your own hiring process/pipeline is a great feature, and really easy to do. Also, the new People Search Chrome plugin is very useful. Good integration with lots of candidate sources.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, the only improvement could be more drill downs on reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In-app chat support is quick and easy - use it.

Recruiting staff ongoing.

Workable review by Nana M.
Nana M.

"A great tool for tracking and building out recruitment funnels"

What do you like best?

Great applicant tracking system, a good substitute for company careers page.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific worth mentioning, rather than the customer support which lacks urgency when dealing with the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool if you are building your talent pipeline and want to have an easy applicant tracking system. The UI/UX is very friendly and hassle-free.

Tracking and building out recruitment funnels, applicant database management, job postings, recruitment

Workable review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great product some tweaks would be ideal"

What do you like best?

I really like workable. It's user friendly and intuitive. It's also at a reasonable price point. I like that all members of my team can use it

What do you dislike?

I don't like that someone can apply several times and that there a multiple profiles. I don't like that you've hidden the job codes when looking at the jobs on workable. I don't like that you can no longer download profiles from LinkedIn....I'm assuming that LinkedIn changed something on their end to prevent that.

It's a good product. It's helping with our recruitiment

Workable review by User in Financial Services

"My FAVORITE ATS. "

What do you like best?

I wish they expanded their overall products and features. This ATS would be a game changer if it was more robust.

Best User Interface. Streamlined. Easy. Very Sleek Look.

What do you dislike?

Really only geared towards small companies because it doesn't have a huge amount of features. There's no option to develop your own career site, it comes standard with Workable. At the time we had an issue with workable on Craiglist and couldn't post the link to Workable from Craigslist but otherwise Workable is FANTASTIC.

At the time the only recruiter at that company was using Excel and email to track his candidates. We needed a quick option and Workable was just that. Easiest.setup.ever.

Workable review by Pamela B.
Pamela B.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Workable is a great recruiting tool. It keeps your pipeline organized and it is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

I get most of the traffic from Indeed job boards, it would be awesome if I could get candidates from other job boards as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free 2 week trial so try it for yourself to see if it is a good tool for you

I have noticed an increase on the skills level of my candidates after working with Workable

Workable review by David B.
David B.

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The timeline and emailing feature really keep us organized

What do you dislike?

Timeliness of background checks can be a bit long.

Workable saves us time! It also gives us a much more in depth look at candidates.

Workable review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that i get notifications when someone has submitted a resume to a job I'm interviewing for

What do you dislike?

The notes for each candidate aren't super easy to read. The flow i'snt there for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used other software so I dont have much to compare it to

We are a growing startup and it helps us manage our recruiting. We might think we need to interview and hire people ASAP and then something changes. Luckily, all previously interviewed candidates live there.

Workable review by Latia H.
Latia H.

"Great Startup with easy access!!!"

What do you like best?

The layout is so simple. No directions or instructions are needed. You can just jump right on in.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the delay from when I send a job posting to be published from when it's actually being published.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Workable is a cost effective way to recruit and manage a pipeline.

Working on onboarding and recruiting. I've realized that a simle format works best for us.

Workable review by Amanda L.
Amanda L.

"Simple and efficient. "

What do you like best?

I love the ease and the flow of the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

It's very simple. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not the prettiest thing to look at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use! Would reccommend.

Like i said, very good flow. great communication system and I love the automated responses.

Workable review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Decent product, could provide better integration with jobs boards"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very intuitive software with the most common ATS features needed to be productive.

What do you dislike?

Connecting outlook email is complex, the integrations with jobs boards are not very robust. Seems like you are paying full price for less than what you could get by going directly to the source.

Helped increase applicants for our posted jobs. Keeps us organized and speeds up the hiring lifecycle. We hire more qualified applicants much faster.

Workable review by Executive Sponsor in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Executive Sponsor in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Reliable and affordable online hiring manager."

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the platform and the quick learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Seemed like it took a while to get the pricing strategy figured out.

A simple, shareable tool for managing our hiring.

Workable review by User in Computer Software

"Great software for SME"

What do you like best?

It's easy for managers who are recruiting without HR support to organise candidates funnel

What do you dislike?

happy overall, nothing to raise as a low point here.

Helping managers recruit with limited to no HR support

Workable review by Troy W.
Troy W.

"Workable for tracking candidates "

What do you like best?

That our entire team can make and share notes.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing that I can think of. So far so good.

Systemizing the interview process.

Workable review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Make your life easy when recruiting!"

What do you like best?

This is literally the best system I have ever used. So simple to set up and start straight away. You can track recruits easily through the process. The system is adaptable to meet your individual needs and can be tailored to reflect the individual needs of your company. The on line support is rapid and on the ball!

What do you dislike?

It is costly and not as many advertising outlets for jobs in the UK

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! you will have no regrets!

Solves the entire recruitment process!

Workable review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Recruiting Tool!"

What do you like best?

Incredible Real Time Visibility. The amount of data and content available all together in one place is great.

What do you dislike?

Managing Multiple Open Positions Can Be Difficult

Gathering Better Recruits, Hiring Quality People

Workable review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Clean and User-friendly"

What do you like best?

The company landing page is clean with a clear call to action

What do you dislike?

Design in the border of minimalist and cheap

We used Workable while the company I'm currently working was wecruiting new team members

Workable review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"What would you do without workable!"

What do you like best?

Recruitment is a numbers game to a greater degree. Workable manages numbers and find candidates.

What do you dislike?

The app is a little clunky and mostly feezes

Recruitment process and funnel of good candidates.

Learning about Workable?

* We monitor all Workable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.