Workamajig Platinum

Workamajig Platinum is a customizable, web-based project management software for advertising agencies, design firms, in-house creative departments and public relations firm that track expenses and time use in an entire company, from new business and account management to accounting and financial reporting.

Work for Workamajig Platinum?

Learning about Workamajig Platinum?

Compare Workamajig Platinum to Similar Solutions

Workamajig Platinum Reviews

Ask Workamajig Platinum a Question
Showing 138 Workamajig Platinum reviews
Workamajig Platinum review by <span>Shelby R.</span>
Shelby R.

"Workamajig is good when you have a lot of of detailed projects"

What do you like best?

I like how you are able to add in as many projects as needed and list as many job functions as needed. There is a lot of flexibility when it comes to project functionality. Th search bar is very hand when looking for a specific project. It's nice to submit all time cards all at once. There is a lot of detail in each project.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get used to all the buttons and pages. The user interface is pretty confusing. They have icons for one page but I don't think they are very communicative of what they represent. Overall the user experience is not the best. There are many ways to achieve the same goal but it is actually more confusing than helpful. For someone to wear different hats during a project, I would have to be added as additional roles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a long time to adjust and get the hang of this software. If you have the time to learn then you're good. From my management, the team that helps set up the program are really great, so they have excellent customer service.

The problems we are solving are tracking hours that we spend on projects. We do not bill based on time logged but it's good to know how much time we are spending on different clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workamajig Platinum
Workamajig Platinum review by User

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and enter information. The GUI is clean and clear. Clutter seems to be well managed. The way Workamakjig has "page" flyout outs from the side keeps clutter down. It's surprisingly simple and clean. Probably one of the better GUI interfaces compared to other CRM tools I've researched in recent days.

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate with Outlook very easily. Requires IT involvement. I would like to integrate to Outlook without IT support. The first thing I did when Workamajig became my current and company selected CRM is I went to the app store to download the app. Nothing! That was a major surprise. Maybe you have as a work-in-progress that I don't know about. Either way, it's a must have in today's world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow it to integrate to email, mobile devices without involving IT department.

For me, it helps manage client activity. From a sales perspective, Workamajig is probably not the most sales person friendly, but it gets the job done.

I would be great if I could stay connected to my clients using a mobile app. Pipedrive, Hubspot and several other all seem to be mobile friendly. If Workamajig wasn't just for the desktop, I think it would have a lot more potential.

For me, I rely on it to keep track of sales activity. Reminders fall short so it would be a nice feature to have also. Again, maybe it's all user error?

What Project Management solution do you use?

Workamajig Platinum review by <span>Alyssa K.</span>
Alyssa K.

"Better than the classic version, still needs tweaks"

What do you like best?

I like that you no longer have to log in as much, you can have multiple tabs open, it doesn't crash like Classic used to, and it looks way cleaner.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I as the timesheet administrator can't create a timesheet for someone if nothing is entered on their timesheet already. If my employee is OOO, I'd like to enter in our PTO timesheet for them to make my daily reports accurate. I also don't like that I can't update the in/out board for other team members. Sometimes people forget to update it, but I know they're OOO and would like to be able to update that so the entire team can see it.

A more streamlined way of how we used Classic. I expect we will modify our process in the future with some capabilities Platinum has. As of now, we've been getting used to the program as our current process stands.

Workamajig Platinum review by <span>Annie K.</span>
Annie K.

"Best on the market for mid-sized agencies"

What do you like best?

Workamajig Platinum gives your advertising agency a program to put all necessary project information in one central location. Everything is documented, and is fairly easy to use. Additionally, Workamajig is great for looking up projects afterwards. Access rights and privileges are also easy to assign.

Also, it's very convenient that Workamajig is web-based and they provide a very user-friendly interface. As an added bonus, the mobile app provides team members flexibility.

Project home pages can be customized by the individual user. They can show or hide columns or fields that are the most important to them based on their role or how they work.

What do you dislike?

If there are very large projects, with multiple components/pieces, there is no easy way to link them up and put them under an "umbrella" project, for example.

Sometimes the "diary" for a project can get very confusing, especially if there's lots of people involved in the project. However, setting up a good system internally for how to post can help streamline things and make the "diary" easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other agencies who has used the program. It was the best help in making our decision.

It is very easy to track your time. It's obvious when you've reached your allotted time on a project. As a result, designers are more conscious of their time spent on particular tasks. Files are also easier to find. Account managers, for example, can easily search for a project, review the original notes and look in the "files" section for PDFs. It streamlines the process and allows for quicker turnaround times for clients.

The program also assists with providing future time estimates as you can look up the exact number of hours all team members spent on a project.

Workamajig Platinum review by <span>Kurt W.</span>
Kurt W.

"Jigs May Not Be The Best Fit For You"

What do you like best?

The best part is its robust reporting functionality

What do you dislike?

It's incredible unintuitive and flash based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are a medium to large marketing or advertising organization, then I don't think that this is the tool that would best suit your needs. It is extremely robust in its capabilities, but these are hindered by its lack of mobile capabilities. And although the Platinum version attempts to remedy its standard dated user interface it just doesn't provide any more intuitive of an experience with the tool. Its reporting functionality is vast and customizable, and provides our organization with a great deal of financial information on our projects. We also rely solely on this tool for our entire organizations' timesheet entries and it is in this area in particular where it does have a tendency to crash frequently and since it does not have any auto save functionality data is frequently lost. We also don't use this tool to create our work back schedules or resources even though it does have this functionality. We found that unless you follow the workflow requirements set out in "Jigs" (as we refer to it) you won't have the ability to use all of its capabilities. This is the case with our organization, as the way we distribute resources on tasks isn't compatible with the way Jigs needs to resource teams.

It houses all of our project information: estimates, vendor POs, timesheets, budget reporting, and campaign management

Workamajig Platinum review by <span>Jamie C.</span>
Jamie C.

"WMJ Platnium Review"

What do you like best?

I like the sleeker new design and the search capability of WMJ platinum. You are able to easily see where projects are in the process and if any are at risk - this feature is much better in the platinum version than in the standard WMJ application.

What do you dislike?

I find the long-form view of projects difficult to navigate and the collapsing of diary posts to be confusing. I've often missed the latest diary post in the new format, I much prefer seeing all listed ensuring I haven't missed anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a full view of all projects - complete and active - pull a comprehensive report rather than searching on the home screen / in old projects.

I'm used to leveraging WMJ in general and aside from a new user interface and greater visibility into project status, I do not see any additional benefit to the platinum version

Learning about Workamajig Platinum?

* We monitor all Workamajig Platinum reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Workamajig Platinum to Similar Solutions