Workamajig Platinum

Workamajig Platinum is a customizable, web-based project management software for advertising agencies, design firms, in-house creative departments and public relations firm that track expenses and time use in an entire company, from new business and account management to accounting and financial reporting.

Work for Workamajig Platinum?

Learning about Workamajig Platinum?

Compare Workamajig Platinum to Similar Solutions

Workamajig Platinum Reviews

Ask Workamajig Platinum a Question
Showing 140 Workamajig Platinum reviews
Workamajig Platinum review by Shelby R.
Shelby R.

"Workamajig is good when you have a lot of of detailed projects"

What do you like best?

I like how you are able to add in as many projects as needed and list as many job functions as needed. There is a lot of flexibility when it comes to project functionality. Th search bar is very hand when looking for a specific project. It's nice to submit all time cards all at once. There is a lot of detail in each project.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get used to all the buttons and pages. The user interface is pretty confusing. They have icons for one page but I don't think they are very communicative of what they represent. Overall the user experience is not the best. There are many ways to achieve the same goal but it is actually more confusing than helpful. For someone to wear different hats during a project, I would have to be added as additional roles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a long time to adjust and get the hang of this software. If you have the time to learn then you're good. From my management, the team that helps set up the program are really great, so they have excellent customer service.

The problems we are solving are tracking hours that we spend on projects. We do not bill based on time logged but it's good to know how much time we are spending on different clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workamajig Platinum

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and enter information. The GUI is clean and clear. Clutter seems to be well managed. The way Workamakjig has "page" flyout outs from the side keeps clutter down. It's surprisingly simple and clean. Probably one of the better GUI interfaces compared to other CRM tools I've researched in recent days.

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate with Outlook very easily. Requires IT involvement. I would like to integrate to Outlook without IT support. The first thing I did when Workamajig became my current and company selected CRM is I went to the app store to download the app. Nothing! That was a major surprise. Maybe you have as a work-in-progress that I don't know about. Either way, it's a must have in today's world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow it to integrate to email, mobile devices without involving IT department.

For me, it helps manage client activity. From a sales perspective, Workamajig is probably not the most sales person friendly, but it gets the job done.

I would be great if I could stay connected to my clients using a mobile app. Pipedrive, Hubspot and several other all seem to be mobile friendly. If Workamajig wasn't just for the desktop, I think it would have a lot more potential.

For me, I rely on it to keep track of sales activity. Reminders fall short so it would be a nice feature to have also. Again, maybe it's all user error?

What Project Management solution do you use?

Workamajig Platinum review by Alyssa K.
Alyssa K.

"Better than the classic version, still needs tweaks"

What do you like best?

I like that you no longer have to log in as much, you can have multiple tabs open, it doesn't crash like Classic used to, and it looks way cleaner.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I as the timesheet administrator can't create a timesheet for someone if nothing is entered on their timesheet already. If my employee is OOO, I'd like to enter in our PTO timesheet for them to make my daily reports accurate. I also don't like that I can't update the in/out board for other team members. Sometimes people forget to update it, but I know they're OOO and would like to be able to update that so the entire team can see it.

A more streamlined way of how we used Classic. I expect we will modify our process in the future with some capabilities Platinum has. As of now, we've been getting used to the program as our current process stands.

Workamajig Platinum review by Annie K.
Annie K.

"Best on the market for mid-sized agencies"

What do you like best?

Workamajig Platinum gives your advertising agency a program to put all necessary project information in one central location. Everything is documented, and is fairly easy to use. Additionally, Workamajig is great for looking up projects afterwards. Access rights and privileges are also easy to assign.

Also, it's very convenient that Workamajig is web-based and they provide a very user-friendly interface. As an added bonus, the mobile app provides team members flexibility.

Project home pages can be customized by the individual user. They can show or hide columns or fields that are the most important to them based on their role or how they work.

What do you dislike?

If there are very large projects, with multiple components/pieces, there is no easy way to link them up and put them under an "umbrella" project, for example.

Sometimes the "diary" for a project can get very confusing, especially if there's lots of people involved in the project. However, setting up a good system internally for how to post can help streamline things and make the "diary" easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other agencies who has used the program. It was the best help in making our decision.

It is very easy to track your time. It's obvious when you've reached your allotted time on a project. As a result, designers are more conscious of their time spent on particular tasks. Files are also easier to find. Account managers, for example, can easily search for a project, review the original notes and look in the "files" section for PDFs. It streamlines the process and allows for quicker turnaround times for clients.

The program also assists with providing future time estimates as you can look up the exact number of hours all team members spent on a project.

Workamajig Platinum review by Kurt W.
Kurt W.

"Jigs May Not Be The Best Fit For You"

What do you like best?

The best part is its robust reporting functionality

What do you dislike?

It's incredible unintuitive and flash based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are a medium to large marketing or advertising organization, then I don't think that this is the tool that would best suit your needs. It is extremely robust in its capabilities, but these are hindered by its lack of mobile capabilities. And although the Platinum version attempts to remedy its standard dated user interface it just doesn't provide any more intuitive of an experience with the tool. Its reporting functionality is vast and customizable, and provides our organization with a great deal of financial information on our projects. We also rely solely on this tool for our entire organizations' timesheet entries and it is in this area in particular where it does have a tendency to crash frequently and since it does not have any auto save functionality data is frequently lost. We also don't use this tool to create our work back schedules or resources even though it does have this functionality. We found that unless you follow the workflow requirements set out in "Jigs" (as we refer to it) you won't have the ability to use all of its capabilities. This is the case with our organization, as the way we distribute resources on tasks isn't compatible with the way Jigs needs to resource teams.

It houses all of our project information: estimates, vendor POs, timesheets, budget reporting, and campaign management

Workamajig Platinum review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"WMJ Platnium Review"

What do you like best?

I like the sleeker new design and the search capability of WMJ platinum. You are able to easily see where projects are in the process and if any are at risk - this feature is much better in the platinum version than in the standard WMJ application.

What do you dislike?

I find the long-form view of projects difficult to navigate and the collapsing of diary posts to be confusing. I've often missed the latest diary post in the new format, I much prefer seeing all listed ensuring I haven't missed anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a full view of all projects - complete and active - pull a comprehensive report rather than searching on the home screen / in old projects.

I'm used to leveraging WMJ in general and aside from a new user interface and greater visibility into project status, I do not see any additional benefit to the platinum version

Workamajig Platinum review by Karen W.
Karen W.

"Love the look and all the changes"

What do you like best?

The sleek new look. It still has everything I need and is easy to move around, it just looks better getting the job done. It's easy to find just what you are looking for.

I also love that information that is put on the calendar shows as a sidebar. In Classic, most users never used the calendar. In Platinum, all users will be using the calendar.

What do you dislike?

We use the in/out board daily. In Platinum the board does not stay open like it does in Classic. Hopefully this will be something that can be changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was a huge fan of Workamajig Classic but Platinum has blown me away.. It is so easy to use and now it looks good too. I would highly recommend to anyone considering using. It is so nice to have all your data in one system. Your clients, your projects, your time, your billing, your payables, purchase orders. All in one system. All tying together. Makes your day so much smoother when it's all together in one system.

The new reports, charts and graphs are very helpful. They allow me to create the graphs and charts in Platinum instead of exporting data to excel and manually creating the same graphs and charts in excel. I save the time and honestly, the ones in created in Platinum looks so much better. I feel this benefits our company, saves time and presents a much nicer product.

Workamajig Platinum review by Kendra P.
Kendra P.

"Platinum a huge improvement from the flash version, but work still needed"

What do you like best?

I like the interface of Platinum much better than the old version, primarily because my creative team appreciates this interface much more. It's more intuitive and certainly easier to use on a mobile/tablet. The windows stack nicely on each other and it's a sleek version of the database.

What do you dislike?

There is functionality in the flash version that's not yet in Platinum, and Platinum still has some bugs. But it's on it's way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Platinum, but you need a dedicated team of people able to build it and implement it. And it requires a lot of work to maintain. It can be buggy at times which can make use difficult, and it is a heavy lift in terms of staying on top of the data to make sure everything is input properly. I wouldn't recommend this to an agency/department that didn't have at least one full-time WMJ administrator and a team of 2-3 people to learn it well and manage it moving forward. It's the blessing and curse of WMJ all in one - it's a system that can tell you anything you want to know about your projects, but because it's so robust, it requires a lot of data entry in several different areas, so when you miss a step or don't capture something, it has consequences. It's been very useful to our firm to have the product, but 18 months in it's still a lot of work to make sure all of the data is in correctly all of the time.

We used Platinum to put work processes in place to make work flow more smoothly through our company. It's helped us make huge strides in efficiency and in tracking financials against clients/projects.

Workamajig Platinum review by Mary Luz M.
Mary Luz M.

"Intuitive UX"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to input the time every day or every week. I specially like the copy feature so I can duplicate time sheets easily when I am working on the same projects for a while.

What do you dislike?

I don't believe I have anything in particular that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always try to make my coworkers switch to Platinum, they are still on the standard Workamajig. If they see it open on my computer screen they always ask me about it and as soon as they see the easy of use once you get to the timesheet view, they all are sold on it. The most challenging (not really) is to set the timesheet view as your home screen because most of the creatives like me go to the "creative" user instead of to the "everyone" profile from the main menu.

It has been easier for me to enter my time every day, I just leave the page open on my browser and enter the hours on every project as I work during the day. With the previous version it wasn't as easy for me.

Workamajig Platinum review by Erica B.
Erica B.

"Outstanding Platform for Recording Time"

What do you like best?

Easy-to-use tracking system, Various options for design preferences, the real-time dashboards that highlight real-time daily progress, reducing your need to micromanage and reminding employees of what they need to do to stay on target. I enjoy the notes sections so I can let the managers know exactly what I am working on for that time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult with the interface when I am deleting cells or choosing a new task. When I am scrolling through the job numbers choices it will sometimes close out of the window when I am not ready. I dislike having to ask the account manager to 'invite' me to the job, it wastes a lot of productivity time.

Time-saving and work productivity to better manage projects

Workamajig Platinum review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Vice President of Client Operations"

What do you like best?

It has a nice design and I like how you can give different dashboards by role, i.e. PM, or creative or admin.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot longer to build a schedule then in the older system. I.e. you have multiple steps in Platinum that use to be one step. It is always very glitchy, i.e. when I hit duplicate tasks, sometimes it does it, sometimes it does not. It does not seem to be dependable and my team seems to lose a lot of their work when working in platinum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use has a long way to go. It seems to take us twice as long to build schedules and is very glitchy.

Traffic and staff utilization, project budgets and profit analysis.

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"Huge Upgrade from Regular. Well organized and pleasant UI/UX."

What do you like best?

The information is easily manageable and the layout is very intuitive. The layout is leaps and bounds better than the classic version which is extremely appreciated. The UI is probably the biggest improvement with draws and intuitive structuring of information. Time tracking and widgets are more accessible instead of just put into a menu inside of a menu and a lot of the excess functionality is tucked away unless you need to access it, in a spot where it in non invasive the the rest of the experience.

What do you dislike?

The overall layout is a huge improvement from classic, however there are still some functionality issues that are somewhat obnoxious. Certain information not linking over and limited functionality that can only be used in classic view (although this is very limited and overall is not much of an irritation). The system can sometimes be slightly glitchy, not sending read reports and update notices, although I am not sure if this is a problem with Platinum or how it links to our systems email / network. The notifications generally allow our project managers to move things along, however we get repeating information and questions if they never get notified about status updates which can slow things down quite a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fairly intuitive, and very capable. As long as you use it the way it is intended than it really should help with organizational and time management quite a bit.

Time tracking and time management, file storing and transferring. This helps our internal partners with billing and production estimations. Over all it's a useful program that helps with scheduling and keeping track of stages of production and completion on different projects.

Workamajig Platinum review by Maria Clara D.
Maria Clara D.

"Pretty effective for time keeping and project numbers"

What do you like best?

The time keeping can be stretched by day, weeks, hours and as someone who has to keep track of their time in 15 minute increments I feel the start/stop functionality lets me focus on work instead of hours.

What do you dislike?

Mobile use is a little weird, the calendar often overlaps buttons that I need but on the whole it's still a TON better than the old flash-based version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works across any device I've experienced, and the biggest challenge isn't so much in the software itself but ensuring everyone in your team is using it the same way. There's many ways to accomplish the same goal so standardization and training with your internal team is critical from launch.

We use it for everything from account, project management, time tracking. Using platinum is relatively new for us and we're discovering which browsers it works best in but almost everything we do, including project notes in the diary function are through WMJ.

Agency

"Well-meaning, but leaves much to be desired"

What do you like best?

I like that the Platinum view is way less complicated than Classic. Easy to input time (when it works).

What do you dislike?

Let's see: The app times out way too quickly in my opinion—I usually keep my WKMJG timesheets open in a browser tab, and sometimes by the time I input time at the end of the day, I can't scroll down through the Project/Task fields to make appropriate selections (i.e., I either have to refresh or remember the task title or number as opposed to scrolling down to see my role, "Copywriting").

Diary posts are too cumbersome—I get duplicates of every post I make, and when I go to view the Conversation feed, I can't click on, or even know whether there is, any attachment without first opening that post.

Based on the way I work, I would prefer a calendar view of my deadlines/milestones for each project, as well as the ability to see how these milestones overlap. Not sure if this is just the build we have or if this is even possible, but "task cards" don't really work well for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want this to plug into your billing, estimating and scheduling systems, this is for you. If you, like me, want a good view of your actual workload, and your project timelines in a calendar (not Gantt) format, and the ability to view multiple projects, look elsewhere. I'm sure it's valuable for the backend, admin side of the house, but as a Creative...it's just kind of there.

Entering time.

Workamajig Platinum review by Grayson P.
Grayson P.

"Very comprehensive, well-thought-out product"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how they value and understand the perspectives of so many different users. It is just one product, but it becomes something totally different and unique to each person that uses it. It is so customizable and comprehensive, anyone from billing to creative can be comfortable and get what they need.

What do you dislike?

Although I do appreciate the refreshed UI design in Workamajig Platinum compared to the incredibly clunky Standard, I feel like their UI reinvents the wheel a few too many times. Getting around is not always intuitive, and many times it feels like they cleaned up TOO much, so that certain things are hard to find. Plus the option to have multiple modules open in the same window will be very missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is so much to use here, it will really take a while for your company to get to know it and see how it will work for you. It's basically a super-combination of Salesforce, slack, trello, dropbox, and much much more. It doesn't do all of those things perfectly or as robustly, but there's a lot to be said for having one unified workspace.

Workamajig is an end-to-end workflow management solution. We need very little, if anything else. From my department, I see Workamajig as offering excellent efficiencies in project management, time cards, and billing. Having all those components connected to the same database keeps us moving at the pace of the work coming in.

Workamajig Platinum review by Kyle P.
Kyle P.

"Workamajig Review"

What do you like best?

Truth be told, there isn't much to like too much. But if push came to shove, the best features are the intuitive names of different sections/tasks, and the application is definitely superior to simply using the website.

What do you dislike?

The software has an extremely clunky interface; additionally the platform seems to be always undergoing changes (often releases that change many features), but no issues are improved nor are there ever any UX enhancements (which would be welcomed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would honestly check other competitors (e.g. Jira, Mavenlink, maybe even Asana) before committing to Workamajig. There may be very niche companies and/or uses, that would lead to Workamajig being a valuable tool to be used, but we were not in a place where this was the case, nor can I think of many cases like this.

Time reporting and client/project/task level billing.

Workamajig Platinum review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Gets better with every update!"

What do you like best?

Clean look and feel, layered pages to know how far down one path of navigation you have already gone, multiple ways to get to similar information based on preference.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the navigation feels too layered, like you have to go all the way back to the beginning and start over. Scroll glitching can get in the way. Sometimes the loading of information takes a really long time compared to Classic Workamajig.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to roll out in stages (like we have and are still doing). There's a lot of moving working pieces, that if used correctly, can create a beautiful digital world for your company's processes, project execution, and accounting needs.

Project management system to house budget, timekeeping, deadlines, task directions and information, and team communication. Billing that directly connects to labor and expense costs are providing us with business information we've never had before as a small agency.

Workamajig Platinum review by Rachel D.
Rachel D.

"13+ years and always getting better"

What do you like best?

The integration between projects, work flow and accounting is seamless. The report options are countless and the continuity between screens makes it very easy to train new users. The Workamajig staff has a dedication to making the product better and better which can be seen in their updates to the software each month. In addition, their support when issues or questions arise is beyond question, polite, quick and with a depth of understanding of the software similar to what you would expect your own employees to have when speaking to your clients.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things I dislike about the software. I have gotten used to the Adobe Air version of the product that isn't currently supported with Platinum. Perhaps they will offer that soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm happy to speak to anyone looking to make the switch. I can't talk about the transition but I can help you to know how it works and any concerns you might have.

Platinum helps us stay ahead of the curve, looking at leading and laging indicators so we can make the best business decisions. We use the software to see trends and fill in the gaps.

Workamajig Platinum review by Linda S.
Linda S.

"Efficiency "

What do you like best?

I like that you can approve, and then create invoices all at once for all of your clients versus creating one at a time. You only have to put the invoice date in once as well and it populates in all of the invoices. The billing worksheets are much easier to work with as well.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is not always easy and unless you understand the tables it is hard to get the correct data in your report. I think this is just a matter of some additional training from Workamajig. The vendor invoice input screen could also be less clumbersome. You create part of the entry with one screen and then for the balance of the items you have to go to a different screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understanding what you want out of the system and working with Workamajig's great people to set it up is important. There are some things now that I have been using it for a while that I think we can do better by employing the system more. My task this year is to accomplish this.

We now use time and materials to capture all of the staff time that then flows directly to the project and then to the invoice. Our profitability has increased greatly since using Workamajig.

Workamajig Platinum review by Karen A.
Karen A.

"Workamajig Platinum - A Powerful Tool for Your Toolkit"

What do you like best?

Two days before rolling out WMJ to our agency, the client portal and project manager were released. Made the decision to use Platinum rather than classic (flash based), due to the beautiful interface. It allowed a lower level of angst among both our internal clients, but staff users.

For clients, It is more intuitive to use and requires less training than classic. This is a huge time saver for the few of us on my staff who are handling the training.

Honestly, it is still a bit buggy in a few areas. During a roll out this has not been ideal, but the WMJ support staff have been EXTREMELY responsive to get us back on track. Thanks so much to Randy and Esther who are my rock'n team, and all the engineers!!

Since WMJ just launched, plan on implementing the "Workamajig Way" which is a best practices approach to utilize the built-in functions of this very powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

Log-in credentials - Currently have to input every client log-in request (insert hair pulling). A client self-created log-in account would be such a huge assist (with review by WMJ admin). Understand, from the 5.0 conference, we may be able to use SAML.

Emailing tech support - I would rather be able to call and speak with my account manager directly. Emails are cumbersome, especially if in a different time zone. So WMJ, hire more support staff to reduce the client load each manager has. It will make a huge difference and be much appreciated.

Online training - Ugh. Only an hour a week is not ideal or practical when there are so many questions. More updated/current online videos showing how-to in all areas would be wonderful. A step-by-step guide in the program would be helpful to our clients (and us).

Online help guide - Somewhat helpful, but needs to be more in-depth. Not all aspects are fleshed out enough to answer many questions asked.

Security groups - A more detailed explanation of each specific permission. Some of it seems like in-side baseball.

Terminology - Use the same language throughout the platform, guides and communications (e.g. tasks, assignments, task assignments, etc.). It will keep the confusion to a minimum.

Language - Only in English. Our clients globally need to see the platform in Spanish, French and Arabic. Heard at the 5.0 conference that at least Spanish and French will be added, and will be user activated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After reviewing MANY different platforms, WMJ (classic) seemed the best on functionality, support and price. Since launching Platinum, the UI is user-friendly which is allowing a better acceptance rate among our clients.

Definitely speak with the WMJ team to learn more and speak with companies that are currently using WMJ to find out pros and cons.

As the internal marcom production director, I was tasked to find a "one stop shop" portal for our internal clients. This was particularly needed for our colleagues overseas and in U.S. regional offices, in addition to the ones in our building (about 4,000 total).

This meant all project requests for all creative needs must reside in one place and be customized (we currently have four, with two more on the way), and accessible from anywhere. Project requests need to be directed to the right project managers for review to avoid silos and gaps in coverage (connecting the dots).

Production had previously managed only design projects. Our mandate was to now enable all marcom units with a staff of 50 (communications, social media, advertising, web, video, print shop, marketing strategy, Hispanic marketing and editorial/writing) to have projects in one location for easy review, management and reporting.

Part of the reporting requirement was also to track time spent to show how resources/staff are being used (or overused), and which clients utilized what percentage of services (currently free, except for printing). It should show the metrics why more resources/staff and a charge back system are needed.

Oh, and it should be easy to use to meet 100% use worldwide.

Workamajig Platinum review by Jim P.
Jim P.

"The Platinium Experience"

What do you like best?

The platinum interface is extremely clean and intuitive and allows you access to different screens without having to close out and go back and forth. This will allow for greater continuity of work and less wasted time.

What do you dislike?

Since the entire platinum platform is still being developed and refined, I cannot make an accurate assessment of any items that I do not like as yet. Once completed, it will be easier to assess any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use workamajig to run our entire company and have been doing so for almost 9 years. The development and implementation of the Platinum interface will only enhance the capabilities of the product and will be even more user friendly. I would highly recommend this product!

I believe the CRM module will be extremely beneficial to our Marketing Team and allow for greater efficiency especially since you can go from leads all the way through to an actual project within the system.

Workamajig Platinum review by Angela A.
Angela A.

"Our company continues to evolve along side Workamajig!"

What do you like best?

The Platinum interface is certainly more intuitive than the Classic version. I love that rather than customizing for each user (or security group) from scratch, Platinum has already identified the parts of the system that would be most relevant to each user.

What do you dislike?

Change is always hard, but I have to say that Platinum is proving to be an easier rollout than the Classic version by far!

We started with Workamajig in 2008, which brought timesheets, project management, client billing and finance into a single system. It was a huge organizational upgrade at a time of growth for us. With the launch of Platinum, we are excited to adopt the CRM and Resource Management components. Along with managing client relationships better, using CRM (Opportunities, specifically) will streamline our forecasting. Regarding Resource Management, this tool will help our PMs assign work and predict freelance needs. I also see it helping to inform our hiring process and inform our growth.

Workamajig Platinum review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Workamajig Platinum has a lot of potential. "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the new interface. It's much sleeker and aesthetically pleasing. I also enjoy how some things save automatically such as the time sheets.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are a lot of kinks left to work out in Workamajig Platinum. My team is working on converting our entire company over to Platinum. We currently have our project managers working out of it now, however, we've come across a few bugs so we're still not confident in adopting Platinum agency wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Workamajig classic because I never have to have two workamajig windows open on my desktop. However, with classic, I do because as a project manager, when I go to schedule, I need to also be able to view the capacity window. WMJ classic made that easy. However, it's a little more complicated when using WMJ Platinum.

Nothing yet that hasn't been solved with Workamajig classic.

"First Timer"

What do you like best?

It's my first user experience with a project management software so I don't have much to compare it to but it seems sufficient for the task at hand.

What do you dislike?

There are way too many steps for what should be a more simplified task. I also do like all the additional windows that stack when you are trying to enter a project request. It needs a better UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it will fit the needs of your entire department or company and not just meet the needs of a few. The software has many bells & whistles but it can be over whelming if you don't need all of those features.

Lack of tracking the many projects we process in our department on a weekly, monthly and annual bases.

Workamajig Platinum review by Amanda K.
Amanda K.

"Useful in Theory; Clunky in Reality"

What do you like best?

It is nice that it is one place to access all projects.

What do you dislike?

It is not intuitive; hate cascading windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best to use for simple workflow for few projects. Painful to use for large volumes of work, especially when billing is not integrated.

We are using it as a centralized project management software. It is nice that all of the key project set up information is in one place, however, it is very challenging to keep accurate with timely information due to the quantity of projects we manage.

Workamajig Platinum review by Kendra F.
Kendra F.

"Needs work"

What do you like best?

Cloud based system that allows for multiple users to electronically track together in real time

What do you dislike?

System is not intuitive and takes alot of effort and energy to tailor the system to your business needs. This is so much of an issue that there are independent contractors that have established their own consulting business to specifically assist with Workamajig implementation.

We are tracking schedule in actual time; the online system works remotely so you do not need server access to view schedule/related documents.

"Okay time logger"

What do you like best?

Integrates with Jira time logging. Simple to submit time for review each week. Navigation is simple.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX takes a bit to get used too and it also doesn't look as appealing as other time sheets. Filling in expense sheets can be a huge pain. Especially when uploading images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a quick jira integration I would suggest using workamajig.

Sometimes complicated changes on JIRA does not get applied to WOrkamajig. Such as updating time, changing dates of the time.

Workamajig Platinum review by Amy J.
Amy J.

"A rewarding complex took that is robust in information "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Workamajig in Platinum is the functionality. It is user friendly and easier to understand how each function is linked together

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to refresh the screen sometimes and how long it takes to load new information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Platinum over the Classic version. The Classic version is very dated and not as user friendly.

Workamajig Platinum allows everyone access into each project. It helps to make the work more transparent across the teams.

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"Multifunctional platform, great for all encompassing project and finance system"

What do you like best?

I like that everything can be in one place. Everything from project management to billing, and time can all be in one place. I also like that it can be customized to our particular business, needs, and shortcuts/preferences.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little while for personal preferences to get updated, there is definitely a learning curve, and sometimes it can look and feel busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with it, but it can be an all encompassing system if you let it be.

We are solving how much overhead is actually being used and how much we can really bill our clients. We are lowering our overhead percentages and utilizing workamajig to be more efficient therefore bringing in more money/

Workamajig Platinum review by Madeline P.
Madeline P.

"WMJ Platinum is growing on me"

What do you like best?

The organization of everything. I like how it's divided amongst everyone, project managers, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have two windows open at once, such as the staff schedule and a schedule you're working on. I dislike that it does not have a project snapshot like the previous version of WMJ.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the how to section if you don't know how to do something and spend a lot of time playing around in it. Click on everything and see what it does!

It lists your pages in a more organized, cleaner manner.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Platinum is so much better than the old version! "

What do you like best?

Timesheets are never fun, but Platinum makes the process so much easier. I like that I only have to input each job and task information one time per week. I also like that Platinum is visually appealing and (for the most part) intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don't know how to submit my company card charges with platinum so I have to log into the older version. The process in Platinum is not intuitive, and I would rather just stay in Platinum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to explore all the features of Workamajig Platinum so you use the software to its full potential.

The process for requesting stock through Workamajig Platinum is really streamlined and makes a lot of people's jobs easier.

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"Useful software with a lot of potential "

What do you like best?

Interface is much better than the old version, great way to manage projects and keep schedules up to date, efficient for time tracking

What do you dislike?

Lots of bugs within the new app, I often have to go into the old version to update schedules. Could be more visually appealing, seems a bit old school when compared to other project tracking software, unaware of all of the features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come up with a formal training system for how you want employees to use the software every day. Find short cuts and share with team

as a project manager it is a great tool for staying on track and managing multiple projects, good for time tracking, useful for budgeting

Workamajig Platinum review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Product; Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Workamajig is a great product because of its versatility. It allows you to customize your project workflows for what your company specifically needs. It also will connect via an API to your Accounting software to account for billable hours, which is great. It has great features for tracking hours worked on each project and to easily view how much work is on your team's plates for the upcoming days so you can plan accordingly.

What do you dislike?

There were a few features our company used with project workflow software that Workamajig didn't have, which were the ability to auto assign teams to specific projects; with Workamajig you have to manually assign the team members who will work on each task / project. The other feature that was more challenging with Workamajig was review cycles, meaning reviewing work and sending it back for rework as many times as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When doing a cost / benefit analysis, Workamajig is great.

Project workflow process and project organization

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"New User - so far easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy navigation to what I'm looking for. The user experience to click through to headings flows well and makes it easy to find project details.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to create reports on my own or view billing once it has already been approved. This may be a setting my administrator has set for my user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through the training guides on how to use. There are a lot of features that I was unaware of until I started looking through more of the documents.

Project management. Multiple teams working on one project with multiple tasks and deadlines. Able to see who is working on what and when items are due.

Workamajig Platinum review by Jesse M.
Jesse M.

"Your Way to Power, Flexibility and Accessibility"

What do you like best?

The HTML5 engine is less prone to browser hangups than Flash. The new UI is fast and fairly intuitive, with the feel of a current smartphone OS.

For day-to-day work, there are many tasks that are easy to accomplish without having to drill deep into a project.

What do you dislike?

Looking for more customer-configured options on some of the dashboards and report screens (they may still be in the works, as it's still early in the development).

I wish the project-level contents were served up with more top-level linking (making Conversations, Spec Sheets, and other screens more quickly accessible in the project left-nav.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once the initial bugs are ironed out, the benefits over the Flash version (and over other management software) will make this a powerful partner for your office.

Easy communication and collaboration across project teams and channels. Capturing information that allows us to pull cross-channel project and schedule data into a single report or search.

"Great improvement!"

What do you like best?

The new interface is much more agile than the flash version. The ability to drill down into levels of information within a project with speed and ease is a real time-saver. Drag and drop within Scheduling is a game-changer for me. Frankly, we had moved away from WMJ as a traffic management tool as not only was it time-consuming to reassign tasks, but we needed a comprehensive overall view that was easy for everyone to digest- looks like our problem is solved! Looking forward to rolling out Deliverables with our clients- again, the efficiency of keeping all information in one space is critical in an industry where account managers travel and/or are often off-site.

What do you dislike?

As Operations Director, my role encompasses both the Project Management AND Resource Allocation roles in Platinum. I'm finding it cumbersome to need to toggle between the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your Project Manager and Resource Manager are totally comfortable with the platform prior to rollout. Works best if Finance and Operations work hand-in-hand to keep the team engaged.

We've had success with using the CRM functionality to more accurately forecast pipeline. I can see the Twitter feed in the contact view being a great tool for us in fostering and maintaining contact relationships. In addition, the improved features of Deliverables will be a great asset to our team in tracking project history. Looking forward to rolling out the Conversation element to our team- having everything in one spot has been our goal, and this will help!

Workamajig Platinum review by Trisha H.
Trisha H.

"The learning curve is high"

What do you like best?

Ability to organize projects and track deliverable approvals

What do you dislike?

Clients trying to learn it is very difficult. The ux design of the system is abysmally complicated and not at all intuitive.

Getting approval and having a record of that in an easy to find fashion is incredibly helpful. Since our clients are still internal, we offer have to go back and verify that things were signed off on.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"I didn't think we could afford Workamajig, now we couldn't afford to do business without it"

What do you like best?

The new user-friendly interface is easier to use and the designers have embraced it quickly.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always work well on my phone, it sometimes gets hung up on setting up new meetings. The navigation on my smart phone is a challenge, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the power of all the modules and tools before setting up your system. There is a lot of good stuff, but sometimes if you set it up incorrectly it's challenging to make corrections.

Tracking projects from beginning to end, and creating schedules that are finely tuned, yet flexible and easy to update. I also use Platinum for sales and new business, much more than the previous version of WMJ.

Workamajig Platinum review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"Excellent management software"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use. I'd never used PM software before, and I had almost no learning curve.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is not being able to go back to tasks after they are complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're DONE with a task before closing it out as done.

It keeps me organized and helps me stay on task.

Workamajig Platinum review by Walter D.
Walter D.

"A step up, but still glitchy"

What do you like best?

Platinum is much more aesthetically pleasing than flash as well as contains additional features that are not available on flash.

What do you dislike?

Platinum seems to have many glitches and is, to my experience, gotten glitchy-er as each monthly update is rolled out. For example, I frequently will have to refresh a page and re-enter report filters which can often be time consuming.

Our biggest problem we have been solving is decreased time utilization, thus resulting in lower revenue. With Platinum we have been able to address those with lower utilization numbers, increasing their billable hours, consequently increasing our revenue.

Workamajig Platinum review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Its great for project management"

What do you like best?

project management system is awesome and really helps agency. the system also allows different usage by users, however, we can't lock numbers in the system to not allow changes after posting.

What do you dislike?

financial accounting system limits what is able to happen and not the most compliant

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for gannt charts and project management features, could use some additional things in terms of financial accounting and what reports are including. different reports do not specify what is included and it can be confusing what is included causing inaccuracies.

custom reporting is a great feature within the system

Workamajig Platinum review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Platinum is More Refined but Still Could Use Work"

What do you like best?

Workamajig allows us to easily open jobs that come into the agency, assign team members to work on it, create/manage budgets, and track our time.

What do you dislike?

We often find ourselves wishing Workamajig was a bit less cumbersome or that it could do more all-in-one work, like allowing us to easily share/markup documents associated to tasks that we've opened in jobs. It's possible that this is a functionality, but it's not intuitive or easy to uncover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely start with and stick with Platinum. The UX is better even though there are still some bugs.

Workamajig is used primarily for us to track jobs that come in and out of the agency. We track our time here, use it for accounting, and we also look at the team's workload in the traffic view. It's helped us centralize these tasks.

Workamajig Platinum review by Collin W.
Collin W.

"User Friendly and Intuitive"

What do you like best?

The interface is very clean and easy to understand. I like the on the spot training that you can use to learn it.

What do you dislike?

Anytime you have to change something you have been used to it is difficult. It takes some time to get used to the change, but it is for the better.

None yet.

Workamajig Platinum review by Mary S.
Mary S.

"Platinum helps us get organized and stay organized"

What do you like best?

Platinum has been set up in a way that it is easy for users to find the information that is relevant to them and can take an informed approach on next steps. I can't express how much thought, planning and understanding Workamajig does to make the user experience wonderful. This allows us to concentrate on improving our process and reading the data so we can improve year over year.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say I dislike anything. It just takes time to understand and find the functions you need in Platinum. If you spend the time learning, it pays off quickly.

Where do I start on benefits. The most important item, is organized and structured data points and the ease of updating templates.

Workamajig Platinum review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Works well, still has some kinks. "

What do you like best?

I love the new user interface experience. It's clean, modern, and works well overall.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy way to see transactions made within a job. I feel like I spend a lot of time hunting for functions that were easily found in Classic. Still undecided on the main screen and having to "switch hats" depending on the role I'm playing that day.

The timesheet entry system is easier than Classic, loving the function of entering time across multiple days. Being able to set up daily hit lists via the system is incredibly useful.

Workamajig Platinum review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"not the worst timesheet/accounting suite I've used but also not very usable"

What do you like best?

the borderline attempt at a functional user interface

What do you dislike?

glitches, menus that simply don't work, fluff, sections that are difficult to find

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a lot of flash and gusto but simply does not work as intended for the most part. My team has difficulty helping me accomplish certain things within the software and oftentimes cannot show me how to use certain features due to difficulty and differences between this and older versions of the software.

ties in timesheets and various accounting functions into one suite

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"Good tool with opportunitiy for improvement"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of having job tracking, billing, time sheets, and feedback tools all in one place

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I cannot view images and PDF's within the interface or the automated emails that WMJ sends. Having to download those images is a hassle when compared with similar tools like basecamp

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool with a few improvements that would make it even better

We are seeing great value in having our jobs tracked and trafficked with our employees timesheets integrated

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"Decent for project estimates and hours tracking... not great for task management"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface and easy to navigate. Creating a project is a fairly quick process. As a manager, I appreciate quickly being able to review and approve my team's hours.

What do you dislike?

Task management is way too cumbersome. Would like to see something a lot simpler when it comes to creating, assigning and managing tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If task management is a major decider, I'd make sure you're happy with how this work. If you only care about hours tracking and cost estimating, then it does the trick.

Needed to track time spent on projects by a small staff and accurately estimate future projects based on a scope of work. Would also like one system to assign and track tasks as well.

"Platinum experience"

What do you like best?

More modern interface with dynamic qualities. Accessibility from handheld devices to full features. Function organization by role. Ability to set web links to reports, etc.

What do you dislike?

still a little "clunky" - panels may hesitate to come out; Panel layering sometimes a bit much when trying to get to details. Freezes frequently as compared to classic, which rarely, if ever froze. Inability to customize landing (today) pages is a BIG one. Plus customize what data the graphs, etc pull for display.

Recommendations to others considering the product

product is not 100% fully functional yet, so stare in Workamajig Classic

Time keeping is better, so there is less push-back from employees on keeping their time. Overall easier to use and navigate which has helped us increase utilization by our employees and integration into processes.

Workamajig Platinum review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Night and Day over the classic version"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that it is no longer on a flash platform. In addition, the interface is far more cleaner and easy to navigate from area to area. The new platinum version catches up to modern interfaces that we are used to viewing.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest struggles is when our clients submit a request that is more of a campaign request that includes 12-15 individual projects that holistically go together. If the system could allow a person to submit multiple projects under a new "campaign request" submission at the time of submission would be ideal rather then needing to submit each item individually or copying a request to multiple new projects and then cleaning out any irrelevant information. This would greatly reduce time both on the client and agency side.

We are always trying to find new ways to reduce administration burdens and build upon stronger productivity.

One of the key benefits that we have found with Workamajig is that with all content for a particular project being centrally located - we are always able to reference the project ID number and pull all information on that project even if it was something we completed a few months ago. The systems data gets stronger and stronger as time goes on as long as the users continue to put "good" data into the system.

This clearly has cut down on the wasted time in past cases where we were trying to track down project info through email, spreadsheets, etc.

Workamajig Platinum review by Jade V.
Jade V.

"Management "

What do you like best?

I love that you can assign tasks to other users and track time.

What do you dislike?

It does not always work correctly on safari.

Easy to track the number of hours used for each job. We can see how to save time.

Workamajig Platinum review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Still in testing "

What do you like best?

The interface is much more up to date then the default version

What do you dislike?

Completely different interface if you are switching from the old version. Very hard to get used to and find features you are used to using

Not much with the platinum version

"Powerful and customizable"

What do you like best?

Retaining all of the actions for review later is what I appreciate the most. When we are asked "what did I do last year" we are able to pull all the information to answer that question

What do you dislike?

So many tools can make it hard to use - it is fully customizable, which is great. But then there are tools that may not be used fully because your team may have a hard time adjusting

Everything is streamlined and saved in one central location. We are often asked "what did we do last time?" we can easily answer that question because all of the data from the previous job is stored under one master project detail.

Workamajig Platinum review by Giev F.
Giev F.

"What a wonderous experience"

What do you like best?

Everything is exactly where we need it to be and it's so easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike this software is amazing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn it and you'll do great!

Workflow efficiency and timetracking

Workamajig Platinum review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Clunky interface, overkill for my purposes "

What do you like best?

It’s better than their Flash interface, at least. And it works with my password manager, unlike the Flash interface.

What do you dislike?

Time sheets should be pre-filled with projects and tasks, rather than requiring me to remember to copy my time sheet before submitting it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate other options, particularly if you only need time tracking.

Captures time spent on projects so clients can be billed. It has other functions, but that’s all I use it for personally.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Workamajig Platinum Helps Organize and Keep Workflow Moving"

What do you like best?

All facets of our company use Workamajig to compile notes, updates and roles/responsibilities for each client. Having everything in one place has made it extremely helpful for us to manage workflow and time code accordingly.

What do you dislike?

I have not used many tools like Workamajig, but generally I'm very happy with the platform. It can feel a little clunky at times, but generally I do not have any dislikes.

Primarily utilizing the tool for Diary Entries that can be shared with the full team to keep everyone informed from meetings, client meetings, etc. This has helped us save a significant amount of time and has kept lines of communication consistent amongst teams.

"Glitchy"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use once you get the hang of it.

What do you dislike?

I find that there are a lot of small glitchest that make it difficult to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure it's the right solution for you. It works well for 75% of what we need it for, but the rest makes it difficult to use. It may just not be the right fit for us.

It helps keep track of time and projects.

Workamajig Platinum review by Erin H.
Erin H.

"Newbie platinum user"

What do you like best?

The interface and all around platform is very intuitive and provides for an easy and great user experience. It didn't take long to understand the flow of the platform.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been using it long enough to know fully what I dislike about it yet. I'm actually really excited for all of the new features especially with resource manager and on the CRM side.

I am on the business development side so really nailing down the sales flow using the CRM so we can assess the data and reporting for the sales side to really be able to see how we are doing.

Workamajig Platinum review by Eryn T.
Eryn T.

"Platinum Use in a Marketing Firm"

What do you like best?

Timer/stopwatch for time tracking on projects.

What do you dislike?

App is frequently not available in my browser.

More accurate time tracking. Platinum also handles scheduling of meetings more efficiently than the original version of the app.

"A good experience"

What do you like best?

The overall interaction and design. The layout is easy to understand

What do you dislike?

There are some complications that could be easier such as the deliverables and internal review process

Recommendations to others considering the product

For an overall better work experience I would suggest workamajig platinum due to its easy use and interface. Working through workamajig helps make my job easier without ever having to leave my desk

Communication with teams, sharing files, getting approvals and expensing things

"So many details..."

What do you like best?

I like how you can add, as well as see so many details of the the project. From hours allocated to hours used and original files.

What do you dislike?

I'll admit it did take some time for the format at first (from C&P), but now it's so easy to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem scary at first but taking the leap is pretty seamless.

We've been really able to increase our profits with the estimating and tasks to track Change Work Orders.

Workamajig Platinum review by Ahley G.
Ahley G.

"Workamajig has been easy to connect to and log my hours while on the road. "

What do you like best?

Workamajig Platinum has a very clean and simple design. The layout is intuitive which makes the introduction for using it easy.

What do you dislike?

Everything is pretty simple. There really isn't much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an employee using Workamajig, it has been great.

I am a temp employee and my work days/hours are very random. Workamajig Platinum has allowed me to easily log in and record my hours so I don't forget them.

Agency

"Workamajig review from an AM"

What do you like best?

Easy to store leads, various contacts per client. Also a great tool for invoicing and easy to find past invoices, quickly see what is paid and remains open.

What do you dislike?

Not able to preview many of my invoices in screen- need to pop open an email or a separate pdf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the monthly tips! They point out new features you don't even know exist!

Better communication flow with external clients

Workamajig Platinum review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use with training, some quirks"

What do you like best?

Workamajig makes it easy to log and track time, and once you're trained it is user friendly. The more you put into it the more you get out.

What do you dislike?

There are some little technical quirks that are annoying and it requires significant set up and user training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more you put into setting it up the more you get out of it.

project management and tracking and time entry.

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"A good upgrade for time tracking purposes"

What do you like best?

We use Workamajig for much of our internal project organization and use Platinum for time tracking. It's definitely an improvement to the previous functionality. The interface is easier to use, easier on the eyes, and saves a lot of time due to the improved tabular structure. Support is also excellent.

What do you dislike?

Still lots of weird workflow things you have to make sure to do - check certain boxes, make sure everything is set up perfectly. Once you get the hang of it its not too bad but there is a learning curve

Time tracking, project management, budget management and accounting (all in one tool).

Agency

"This platform has helped our organization be more profitable."

What do you like best?

The task cards are great. They give you a quick picture of what your day looks like.

What do you dislike?

We are always having to customize this to our needs and it takes time.

We are now able to decide if we have the time/people available to take on new customers or not. We have also been able to predict if a job would be profitable or not.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Looks good, but not as easy as the old version"

What do you like best?

It has a clean design. Features are cool and looks very updated. Some features like estimating are easier than the older version.

What do you dislike?

Cannot search inactive jobs. Not sure if this is a setting we need to change. Also that every time you want to open something it comes as a new tab. The tabs start to add up and then I become unorganized!

Project management

"Workamajig Review"

What do you like best?

I like the UI the best. It is much cleaner and a better UX than the "non" platinum version of the app.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app still needs some work. I found myself searching for things too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it. It keeps our company on track and the projects and time management organization much easier.

Solving our scheduling and overall project organization needs.

"WMJ Review"

What do you like best?

I like that the platform allows for multiple systems to be integrated into 1 dashboard -- project management, Insertion orders/Media, accounting/financials, timekeeping. It allowed us to consolidate.

What do you dislike?

I wish the media section was a bit more robust. I know that it's meant to interface with strata, however, would be good to have more options here if we are using it as the main platform.

We are able to better see where staff time is going -- which clients, projects, and types of tasks. As well as revenue by services. This helped us rethink our breakdown of services and how to best align our resources and pricing models

Workamajig Platinum review by Andy E.
Andy E.

"Pretty good platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to operate. high functionality. Easy to teach.

What do you dislike?

Some features withing creating briefs like changing fonts, adding bullets need to be added

Advertising solutions

Workamajig Platinum review by Giovanna S.
Giovanna S.

"Amazing Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Their support team is the best. Very fast and helpful. Had a great experience with them and for sure will be using their skills. Amazing team!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I've noticed. The only thing I didn't like, the support team helped me figure out.

We are an agency, so it's very helpful with organization and communication inside the company.

Workamajig Platinum review by Agency in Financial Services
Agency in Financial Services

"Great system for tracking projects"

What do you like best?

The ability to track projects and tasks with an automated workflow.

What do you dislike?

The system is not that intuitive and requires lots of setup

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend ample time setting up Workamajig for your specific needs, rather than the generic setup, which places too much unnecessary information.

Project management is key to keep our projects moving. This system allows us the opportunity to get a global view of our projects and reallocate if needed.

Workamajig Platinum review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Decent PM tool, but sometimes overbearings"

What do you like best?

Building jobs, assigning roles, creating estimates are all pretty intuitive. The workspace is clean, and for the most part, the UX is good.

What do you dislike?

Too many clicks are often needed to execute the simplest of commands. Adding a task to a project can take 3-5 different steps, and those steps when done over and over add up to wasted time/

Jig allows our company full insight into our work capacity and has allowed our Client Services team a better way to manage workflow as well as a way to properly scope and manage budgets for projects.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the new layout and I like the scheduling options. More user friendly. I haven't spent a lot of time with platinum, but what I have checked out I like.

What do you dislike?

That I can't do a workback schedule in jigs (or if I can that I haven't figured out how yet).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's great from what I have seen so far!

I have only checked out platinum a few times, but we use jig in general for almost everything, projects, budgets, reporting, and scheduling. Its nice to be able to do everything all in one place.

"Positive Experience"

What do you like best?

The interface is very clean and simple and makes it easy to navigate. Logging in as a new user isn't overwhelming.

What do you dislike?

This tool does many things, and it can be hard to learn all of it quickly.

It's been extremely helpful in helping to know if I'm spending too much time on a project in terms of the project budget.

Workamajig Platinum review by Ibrahim S. R.
Ibrahim S. R.

"my experience with Workamajig"

What do you like best?

I love the new interface, I think it's very user friendly and allows for easy navigation between tasks. I am also a big fan of the multiple integrated options like excel and email export.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cumbersome update process.

expense reports are made ver stream line and it gives us a higher level or organizing dense financial information

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"Platinum is an improvement on the difficult-to-navigate old interface"

What do you like best?

This is an improved ux. They took the past product and they added a more intuitive interface

What do you dislike?

It's really just a reskin. Really, it's just a reskin. There isn't additional features that I can see, it's just a better interface on top of the same functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use with a good internet connection for better speeds

tracking hours/projects

Workamajig Platinum review by Whitney M.
Whitney M.

"Review'n Platinum"

What do you like best?

The interface / functionality is great. you can drill in, drag/drop. control a lot more then through flash

What do you dislike?

so far what i've found is in the schedule screen assigning people seems to take longer. you can't mass assign people instead you have to add someone, save, then assign someone else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

follow the way and keep consistency across your entire agency.

CRM for sure will be something we'll start utilizing more of, billing worksheets, and retainer / campaign billing. figuring out over under utilization of projects.

Agency

"Workamajig Platinum hits the mark!"

What do you like best?

I like the improvements to the overall user experience and functionality of the new platinum platform. It's very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

We have only been using Platinum for a short time and, to date, I have yet to find a feature I dislike.

As a business, we are streamlining billing and project management. It is very efficient!

"Copywriter"

What do you like best?

I love the task widget and project list. It's easy to sort and see everything I need in a number of different ways.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how I have to submit timesheets using the little sidebar. I wish I could just hit "submit" on the page.

Tracking time, to-do list compilation, and project assignments.

"Love Workamajig Platinum"

What do you like best?

We love the new, clean look and feel and navigation of Workamajig Platinum. We appreciate the intuitive layout and improved performance. We're still learning the new features and functionality.

What do you dislike?

There are some slight functional variances between the flash and platinum versions. We have a little more of a learning curve than we expected.

Workamajig has helped us identify some areas in which were not estimating appropriately. We have also identified and remedied some notable utilization and realization issues. Thank you!

Workamajig Platinum review by Pat B.
Pat B.

"Resource manager and scheduler"

What do you like best?

Project screen and updating tasks, assignments

What do you dislike?

calendar, difficult to click to see who else was in a meeting

Scheduling and task management

"Clunky Reskin"

What do you like best?

I do think it has a better interface than the previous version. I do like the Ghantt charts!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have all of the functionality I like that would make it more competitive to things like Basecamp or Dapulse (I forget their new name). The chat/commenting features are also wonky in how they display. Didn't like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think as long as you're open to feedback and share a roadmap for improvement then that is promising!

Project management. Keeping things on track, communication open, and it done on time.

Workamajig Platinum review by Andy S.
Andy S.

"AS Review"

What do you like best?

Updated interface looks much much better

What do you dislike?

Really tough to manage projects and resourcing

N?A

Workamajig Platinum review by Suzanne S.
Suzanne S.

"We are getting Jiggy Wit It!"

What do you like best?

Platinum is a very intuitive product, and we are looking forward to growing our agency and streamlining our process and workflow.

What do you dislike?

We would love to have a Workamajig Support staff member come to our location and do a deep dive into what we are doing right and what we need to fix. One-on-one would be great, in person.

We are still in the early process, but are looking forward to the many benefits to come.

Workamajig Platinum review by Administrator

"new ish to workamaijig"

What do you like best?

the ease of getting around, there ar templates built in which you can personalize by company and/orjob.

What do you dislike?

so many windows to do one simple task, so many steps to do one simple task

Recommendations to others considering the product

be prepared for a very long onboarding

ggant charts

Workamajig Platinum review by Clara D.
Clara D.

"Works but needs mobile improvement "

What do you like best?

The time tracking app is absolutely fantastic for multiple projects.

What do you dislike?

The calendar on mobile is horrible and nearly impossible to utilize beyond the current day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it but be patient on phones.

We’re sreaamlining projects and workflows mostly to help accounting and scoping accurately all in one place.

Workamajig Platinum review by User

"An efficient way to send and receive projects"

What do you like best?

I liked that it was easy to understand. When I first started my position, I had a lot to learn. WMJ made it that much easier.

What do you dislike?

I had trouble logging in from time to time. I would have to copy and paste my password in to WMJ in order to log in.

Managing workload in a quick in efficient way was the biggest problem solver that WMJ provided. I have realized that without something like this, work would take double the time to complete.

Workamajig Platinum review by Administrator in Gambling & Casinos
Administrator in Gambling & Casinos

"Getting JIGgy with it! "

What do you like best?

Ability and o customize, track and manage our projects

What do you dislike?

I’d rather have the windows laid out as in classic workamajig

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it helps project manage our busy creative office and projects for multiple clients

More efficient and faster sans java script

Workamajig Platinum review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Workmajig is too convoluted a solution"

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of the broad range of solutions provided as well as the integrations available.

What do you dislike?

The UX is atrocious. Maybe some people like it - I would call it "anti-intuitive" - I've been involved in web development for years and still am struggling to comprehend the benefits of this setup. That being said, Worka is not the only tool that makes me feel this way.

Basically timesheets - although I've used it for many other purposes. I like the consolidation.

"Clean interface"

What do you like best?

The way the system allows tasks to be done without having to load additiona pages.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to load the projects screen when there are quite a few projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go

It’s great for our CRM and project manager

"Updated WMJ"

What do you like best?

Easier to see and use. TImesheets are easy. Looks more inviting.

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive. Lots of layers.Makes it hard to complete estimates and project assignments and such when you have to drill up and down through different layers. Keep it all in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your business imperatives clear before using them. If your project process isn't clear, then it will make WMJP harder to use.

Not much yet - it does help me see projects a bit easier.

Workamajig Platinum review by Gillian M.
Gillian M.

"Great platform for an agency-wide solution!"

What do you like best?

The ease of submitting projects, tracking!

What do you dislike?

The platform is extremely manipulative. You can do almost anything with it -- however, since it's ever-changing and updating, users will occasionally encounter issues that they really shouldn't.

Great platform for an agency-wide solution!

-Communication

-Workflow

-Time Management

Agency

"I really enjoy the Workamajig platform, and our agency has found it extremely helpful for all."

What do you like best?

I really like the ease the platform provides to manage jobs and communications amongst employees. The diary notes functionality makes capturing all project member communication easy.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things I dislike. I wish that I would be able to assign to do items and create to-do lists for projects, similar to the functionality in Basecamp

We are using it for our agency to manage projects, budgets and resources. We have benefitted from our project planning and estimating capabilities.

Workamajig Platinum review by James L.
James L.