Workboard

Workboard

The app goal-driven teams use to raise their velocity.

Work for Workboard?

Workboard Reviews

Ask Workboard a Question
Showing 55 Workboard reviews
Workboard review by <span>Taylor F.</span>
Taylor F.

"An OKR Nirvana"

What do you like best?

Running with multiple objectives for the year, Workboard allows me to quickly see the status of progress for each different project leader and how we're all moving as one toward the end objective. RBRs have saved the team a ton of time in terms of crafting time-intensive powerpoints for weekly touch point meetings. I love the 1:1s and the capability for both parties to access historical topics that were discussed. The other fantastic feature would be the workstreams, for any visual person, this is the ultimate checklist that gives you a percentage of how far you've come on your personal project.

What do you dislike?

At first, changing the KR titles/measurement scales isn't the most intuitive, but the customer success team is so amazing and responsive I quickly learned in no time :)

Our company thrives on alignment and transparency and workboard has made it really easy and accessible to quickly see exactly what our executives are working toward and what marginal gains we can make on our end to continue to help push the company's success.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workboard
Workboard review by <span>Geoff T.</span>
Geoff T.

"Focus of outcomes and not hurdles, silos and current state."

What do you like best?

Workboard and OKR methodology is all about a mindset shift. The Workboard team assisted with great training (that we rolled out to the entire company) then ongoing support for app usage. Their approach was that "speed is our friend", we committed and executed the change to OKR methodology fast and with great support. We are already seeing a much greater focus on outcomes and defining how to measure success. We have started the journey of shifting our mindset!

What do you dislike?

There is not much that we dislike so far. The Workboard team have provided great support and are continually expanding the features of their app. Where there are current limitations (for example, around meetings) they happily take feedback on board and provide feedback on where requests sit in the development timeframe.

There was a bit of a learning curve with the UI initially. This is not because it is bad, it's just different to other (often not very user friendly) software that I had used. Once I understood how the software worked (and with great advice/support from the Workboard team), I was able to use the software very easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workboard provides a new way to help staff both collaborate in cross functional teams and to focus on their contributions to objectives. It is a mindset shift away from traditional planning and towards what generates value.

Execution and effectively planning in the short to mid term timeframe. We are already seeing an increased focus on outcomes and focusing quarterly rather than yearly. We are already seeing an increase in collaboration across teams, breaking down silos that previously existed. This is improving the culture of the teams in the region as we are working together both more often, and more effectively.

What Knowledge Management solution do you use?

Workboard review by <span>Catherine R.</span>
Catherine R.

"Expert Course of Workboard with Sameera "

What do you like best?

I couldn't feel more lucky that I had the opportunity to take Sameera's expert course on Workboard yesterday afternoon. I loved how relatable she made the class to our workflows, and how much time she took to individually help every team that wanted help to make their work more efficient and reach the goals that we are hoping to achieve.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we can't meet with Workboard MORE OFTEN!

We are able to see our goals in a more clear and concise way, and are able to collaborate amongst work groups. We are also able to set meetings and define what the outcomes were in an efficient way, without over utilizing email for follow ups. The meeting agenda and objectives allow us to ensure that we keep track of all of the decisions made, and also keep track of the progress we have made. The running business review will also allow us to track the lifecycle of our unique client set up processes from an operational standpoint.

Workboard review by <span>Suzan G.</span>
Suzan G.

"Workboard "

What do you like best?

I have enjoyed the visibility and transparency that Workboard has allowed my team, we communicate concrete measures and actions toward the company goals and objectives. It is easy to stay on top of what my team is up to and when they are going off track.

What do you dislike?

The calendar option shows odd times and usually doesn't schedule my 1on1s correctly, so I manage the topics in workboard but end up setting an Outlook calendar meeting for each meeting separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy how as we attend training, they listen and grow in the right direction

We are tracking our customer service, quality and innovation/partnership objectives and were able to set and share each individuals contribution using the key results

Workboard review by <span>Alexey M.</span>
Alexey M.

"Works well as a collaboration tool for an accounting team"

What do you like best?

Workboard is simple to use, has the ability for schedule recurring tasks and to separate tasks across work streams (read functions) and teams (read companies within the group). Those were the main functions our team was looking for.

We also liked the fact that:

WB has a very responsive support team.

The software has a bit of depth to it, but does not overwhelm.

The structure is well done with a doing/reporting functions clearly separated, so the team does not have to learn the whole software at the same time to be able to get value out of it.

What do you dislike?

The recurring tasks functionality seems like a new addition. Some improvements to how these tasks are displayed and managed would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a few hours to understand the software and functionality, understand what your team actually does as a function. We implemented this software in the accounting space and it would work in a number of other functions, but it probably would not be robust enough for a large development team.

At a certain stage of company growth a project management tool like workboard is quite useful as it allows to

a) Make sure recurring tasks are done and process descriptions are always close at hand

b) Allows the team to gain visibility into workload of each member

c) Once goals are rolled out, allows to track and communicate on performance matters within the team.

We implemented to software within the accounting function with a team of 7 people and it is working quite well so far.

Workboard review by <span>Mia Rose T.</span>
Mia Rose T.

"Workboard Deep Dive Course"

What do you like best?

I liked how Sameera was organized and had clear and concise resources to follow.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to have had a more interactive session.

Business Problems Workboard helps Solves:

- Time and Project Management - saved time during the day and made meetings faster and more productive.

- Ownership and Accountability - Allows for individuals to take ownership of their tasks.

- Innovation - Allows teams to strive for innovation.

- Analytics - Allows our larger team to be driven by data.

- Customer Success - Allows our larger team to focus on the customer.

- Organizational Skills - Improves organization.

- Successful Routine and Habit - Allows the larger team to make workboard a part of their daily routine.

- Clear and Concise Communication

Workboard review by <span>Jennifer P.</span>
Jennifer P.

"Great for my small multifunctional team!"

What do you like best?

Workboard is a very intuitive, clean way for my small group to communicate with each other as well as for us to each manage their own workload. It is functional for each individual and managerial task assignment and follow up. It was particularly helpful when I had several new hires that were learning new roles within the company. I could create weekly tasks and regular tasks and easily follow up. It is very flexible and can be used as much as or as little as your group requires. Also--a big benefit is that it is free.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I don't like, but I don't feel like we are super committed to its continual use. I would love to be able to create a multi channel marketing calendar within Workboard, but its flexibility doesn't really do this. We don't use the chat becayse we are still using the free product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a solid foray into simple project management software. It is low commitment and you can see how well it works for your team. The free version covers all its basic functionalities. You will be able to tell after previewing if you want to spend more money on more features. We decided that the free version met all of our needs. However, if I found out tomorrow Workboard was going to charge a low amount for the free version, it would be worth sticking with for us.

Communication, training, and follow up are easy with Workboard. Task assignments and personal organization are Workboard's sweet spot.

Workboard review by <span>Vince D.</span>
Vince D.

"Critical for alignment and execution "

What do you like best?

The results. We've delivered profound results with Workboard. We are aligned as a team, so our people know what's most important and can thus operate autonomously with confidence that they're working on the most important initiatives. The Workboard team is fantastic. They are a professional team who bring to bear a unique and formidable set of experience and skills to get teams aligned and working through the product and methodology.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find a valid criticism. The web UI is great. The mobile app is too. They have APIs for doing what you need with the data, in case you want to sync up with another system. Integration with O365 and other platforms brings forth added efficiencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's easy to try and you will see the results quickly.

Alignment and focus in pursuit of results. We are in a fast-paced organization growing rapidly and working on multiple simultaneous critical initiatives. Sequencing, cross-functional alignment, and prioritization are necessary to get things right. Our people know what we're doing, where they fit, and each component's respective priority. Efficiency is no longer enough. To achieve our bold objectives our people need a common vision, accountability, connectivity of trust and purpose, and adaptability at scale. Fully leveraged, Workboard brings those benefits to our organization and the results speak for themselves.

Workboard review by <span>Alison H.</span>
Alison H.

"Great improvements and new features"

What do you like best?

-All my action items are in one place that are easily viewed on the week view.

-Being able to send action items from Outlook to Workboard has been a tremendous life saver, as well as using the comments, notes and subaction features.

-I can go through Workboard action items/tasks with my supervisor and check items off as we go, versus having to scramble and search for emails and files for review.

-Workboard support and staff go above and beyond to help us troubleshoot - thank you!

What do you dislike?

For the every day user, the platform is relatively easy to use, however there are several steps needed to complete one function and a new user can get lost rather quickly.

Business problems we are solving:

-Reduction of email correspondence

-Delegation and goal structure / alignment

-Improving performance reviews process

Benefits I have realized:

-More organization and team structure

-Users are creating individual goals and team goals to stay on track

-Performance reviews are now engaging and a two-way street

Workboard review by <span>Wayne L.</span>
Wayne L.

"A tool that helps to hold you accountable"

What do you like best?

I love the transparency that it provides throughout the organization. I can see what others have as a task or key result that is dependent on me and vice versa. It's like muscle memory for tracking OKRs. The ability to schedule 1:1s and to assign objectives or key results that they are responsible for is great for keeping teams on task and aligned. Lastly, I love the visual representation of tracking where you are against your OKRs.

What do you dislike?

It's a small item but it shouldn't ask me for updates once I've completed a task/key result.

Manage and share progress throughout the organization. It's forced us to create baseline measurements for things we want to improve.

Workboard review by <span>D Stephen H.</span>
D Stephen H.

"Keep your team on the same page and get more done with less time!"

What do you like best?

The way you can easily create tasks and have productive meetings. This changes how we capture meeting tasks and delegate these items to the team.

What do you dislike?

The response of the system can slow down a little. I'm confident this will be addressed over time as the platform evolves. Also, it's hard to impossible to use Workboard in a plane when the Internet connection is very slow. An "offline" mode would be very cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with one "stream" or area of your business and grow from there. Realize that not everything needs to run from one stream. Don't worry about getting it wrong, because Workboard is easy to manipulate and move items around in. Just get started and work through it as you go.

Effective Meetings! Team delegation of tasks and items. The tool is one of the best out there for businesses to be able to effectively delegate tasks.

Workboard review by <span>Michael O.</span>
Michael O.

"Sr. Director, Strategic Program Mgmt."

What do you like best?

The ability to manage the tactical day-to-day of an initiative and the strategic dash-boarding for an initiative in one place makes it significantly easier to lead an initiative.

What do you dislike?

While the visual/graphing capabilities for metrics are a nice feature, there are some limitations. Having said that - this is not meant to be a primary data / graphing tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workboard is a highly collaborative, easy to use tool that can enable you to more effectively manager your key results and action items.

Effectively manage our most strategic initiatives - provide full transparency to sr. leadership for our strategic initiatives - enable the project team to see the connection of their action items to their OKRs. We've seen meeting time reduced and more proactive project risk management.

Workboard review by <span>Kate R.</span>
Kate R.

"Using Workboard"

What do you like best?

It actually stores information in the way that we use it - the actions that we take align with our goals and all of that information moves easily in and out of meetings, so that we can spend more time getting work done than recording notes and making sure people are doing what they are supposed to do.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of things that I wish were different - I wish we could enter a start date for an action item, for example, or that adding an action item to a meeting agenda incorporated the context a little differently - but Workboard is making improvements pretty quickly and take feedback from their users pretty well.

There is now more transparency across my team about what people are doing, when/how it's getting done, and how it fits into our goals for the year, which is a big one - in the past, people have checked items off of their to-do list, but didn't see how all of the team's work fit together. We also have been more focused in meetings - we spend less time building agendas and connecting action items from meetings back to our work, so we know what we need to talk about going into a meeting and are really easily able to track and see what are supposed to do coming out of meetings.

Workboard review by <span>Bill B.</span>
Bill B.

"Workboard is great for Team Work!!!"

What do you like best?

I like everything. The ability to stay connected to my team and all the work we're doing. We track projects, assign each other action items, comment on protect status and focus on goals. It helps me understand what each member of the team is working on and where I can help. Workboard's been so great for creating agendas for our team and 1on1 meetings that we've shifted our meeting practices to use and update Workboard as we meet. We also use Workboard to provide meaningful recognition and feedback to employees much more frequently than ever before.

Another really great thing is the great customer service from the Workboard team as well as the increasingly vibrant community of users. Workboard has scarfed up all of our questions, feature suggestions and bug reports and made changes we benefit from.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much of anything. I will say that Workboard can do a lot of things so it takes some care and intention on my part to set things up so it works for my team. To that end, if you're a manager, I recommend spending quality time with Workboard yourself, asking questions and really grokking it. That will enable you to provide one-on-one coaching to members of your team. Plus, if you're using it, your team will be encouraged to use it. This isn't the sort of thing you should delegate, although having Workboard expertise on your team certainly helps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just be an "Executive Sponsor." Use Workboard yourself and support your team to make it work. Part of that is around change management. You have to both be patient as well as keep gently pushing to get the most out of it.

My team is more aligned. Our goals are much clearer than they've ever been and we have frequent conversations about project status, next steps, etc., informed by the data we have in Workboard. By sharing everything through this system, my entire team has better, more transparent, understanding of where we are and what they should be working on.

In addition to our key quarterly objectives, we've started to use Workboard to manage a couple of more complex and long-term projects we have to deliver. So far so good!

Workboard review by <span>Joshua M.</span>
Joshua M.

"It revolutionized our work"

What do you like best?

I love the relationship between Workstreams, Goals, and Meetings. It allows my team to remain focused and unified while giving me the chance to share the big picture vision with everyone on staff. We've brought in our board of directors and committees as well because we believe, based on our experience, that Workboard can unify our efforts in a way that other project management tools cannot.

I think it's great that staff can contribute to team agendas and one-on-ones. It gives me the opportunity to easily empower my team without putting in a lot of effort.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more of the levels have permissions to create and assign tasks. For a small organization the top down structure is a little too rigid and necessitated making all of my staff co-managers. I would have liked some boundaries without having to assign all the tasks myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the savviness of your team, I'd roll it out starting with the department most likely to adopt, get their feedback, and then roll it out to other teams. It's a very easy system and if you can build in-house support you can get folks on board quickly.

The biggest issue that workboard solved for us is inter-department collaborations. My programs team now better understands what our development goals are and my development team knows what issues programs are trying to address. As a manager it allows me to observe workflow and assign tasks without becoming a micro-manager. I'm able to deal with the priorities that come with being an executive director without micro-managing my team.

Workboard review by <span>Pedro R.</span>
Pedro R.

"Best app for project teams, functional teams and leadership management"

What do you like best?

A management app must be comprehensive. What I look for is the ability to set:

-Strategic Goals (along with their KPIs)

-Team Goals (along with their OKRs)

-Recognition Badges

-Workload Tracking per team and per individual (across projects)

-Task Priority setting

-Task by Calendar view

-Meeting Management (agenda, summary and takeaways and task assignment to a specific person)

-Automatic Report Generation

-1on1 Meeting console

Workboard is the only one I've found that does all this natively, and I've looked at over 30 apps.

What do you dislike?

Integration to iCal could improve, though it exists to a limited extent and Workboard has its own calendar view.

It is also missing an organizational chart tool that allows you to visualize in a global setting how all the teams are set up and who reports to who. I would add the ability to integrate a few HR tools such as job description.

Finally, the ability to switch with the same email account in between organizations would be very useful to me and this is not supported by workboard at the moment. This means my team views get very crowded and I can't separate companies very easily.

Management of teams in very diverge sets of industries including hospitality, real estate, public services, bioinformatics, education, urban development and construction.

Workboard review by <span>Oscar L.</span>
Oscar L.

"Investing in Workboard for successful Library team."

What do you like best?

The ability to creatively design teams. Ability to monitor and identify strengths and areas for improvement in our performance both internally and with other departments. Allows me to look at what departments enhance or hinder our performance by keeping clear and precise notes on all projects, tasks, and goals.

What do you dislike?

Some tasks can't be printed out. It would be helpful if we could print out all notes and comments, for example, so that we can review them as a team without having to be logged on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the free trial and explore. Once you decide if this is the right system for you, don't hesitate to purchase the admin platform. The reporting functions really allow you to develop a full image of what your teams are working on, as well as identify strengths and areas for improvement (internal and external, for example).

I have a small library team and we are always collaborating on projects internally and with other departments. By utilizing Workboard, I've been able to better manage and supervise projects, identify staff to take leads on projects, and be able to create short-, mid-, and long-term strategic plans and goals. Also, I can keep better track of tasks and performance, and provide my staff constructive feedback during one-on-one check-ins and performance evaluations.

Workboard review by <span>Audra C.</span>
Audra C.

"Tracking made simple"

What do you like best?

There are several features in Workboard which are extremely helpful. I find the meeting feature to be most helpful to track action items, decisions and notes at the time of the meeting eliminating the need to type up minutes afterwords. In addition, tracking delegated items and having shared workstreams allows everyone on the team to know project status. Workboard has increased accountability of action items because of the assigned due date, notifications when items change and a constant flow of communication so no one person is waiting for a meeting.

What do you dislike?

If one person in the meeting feature is taking notes, then the action item is assigned to them. I would like the ability to assign action items to everyone in the meeting instead of having to go back to the item after the meeting is closed to reassign.

I do see less email and I am able to hold direct reports accountable to delegated action items. It allows the ability to stay on top of managing multiple projects.

Workboard review by <span>Ben S.</span>
Ben S.

"Premium product, premium customer service"

What do you like best?

Workboard is not only a product that has provided a ton of value to my team, but Workboard is a company that truly cares about their customers. The product is exceptional, and there's nothing like it out there. As a GTD freak, I'm always seeking out better and more efficient ways of not just staying organized, as well as providing my team with tools they want to use, and ultimately for the benefit of the organization. Workboard has done exactly that. As it pertains work habits and styles, organizational skills, communication styles, etc., my team is comprised of people who represent all marks along the spectrum. Workboard appeals to all of them. Everyone has found a way to fit Workboard into their daily and weekly routines, and in doing so they've relieved themselves of pain, and have realized certain benefits that they otherwise couldn't. My point is that Workboard has been of tremendous value to my team and to each and every person within it. That's a rare thing.

What do you dislike?

While the user experience is very well-considered, some features overcomplicate things for people, and ask the end user to treat something with more complexity that might be necessary. That said, Workboard has been very receptive to feedback and have even implemented things I've suggested. And because Workboard is completely cloud-based, you don't have to wait long for enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend Workboard. It's a truly excellent product with a truly excellent team behind it. I've been nothing short of delighted working with, and within, Workboard.

I was seeking one solution to capture everything being worked on in my team, beyond that which can be found in project plans, the priorities therein, and how everything contributes to specific goals and overarching priorities. We have organizational goals, department goals, team goals, and individual goals. Within those goals there are specific and discrete projects and action items. Finding all of that in one place simply wasn't possible before Workboard - we tried to repurpose various tools and technologies but nothing was doing it. Workboard has solved this problem, and as a result has provided everyone with clear optics into what's being worked on, what the priorities are, when they'll get done, and how they contribute and roll-up to goals and overarching directives. The resulting benefits include reduced e-mails and meetings, more self-enablement, more alignment, more efficiencies, and more focus on the right priorities.

Workboard review by <span>Michelle M.</span>
Michelle M.

"I use it every day to run my practice, manage my team and hit my goals."

What do you like best?

I love that I have at my fingertips all the activities and their dependencies for success linked together. I open Workboard when I open my desktop. I update goals and run my one and one meetings with ease. I love the txt items as I get out of the shower feature!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see greater support in helping with changing the way some people work. Some of my team have their own historical ways of managing their to do lists. I would like more information around "how to change" very personal individual to do systems to the collaborative, team based, transparent and goals oriented environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement it into a pilot team and see the results.

Hitting goals and ensuring we are able to report to board and exec team with minimal effort is critical.

Line of sight and control of significant amount of initiatives across multiple geographies.

Total control and management of every action at your finger tips.

Workboard review by <span>Pamela H.</span>
Pamela H.

"We love using Workboard, and my teammates and I enjoy the friendly competition over velocity ranking"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user interface. Creating new tasks, re-assigning dates and priorities is really easy. I like the notes and comments capabilities, and some newer features which have fixed earlier iterations of checklists. I find myself enjoying keeping my projects up to date, and being able to loop in colleagues as necessary.

The responsiveness of the Workboard team has been way above anything I anticipated - even though the team may be halfway across the world from Philadelphia, PA, USA...I always get a response, and a helpful response at that. To me, that's an extremely good reason to use a tool like Workboard (competitively, versus other tools on the market).

What do you dislike?

I wish more of my colleagues were using this tool - it'd make assigning subtasks and dates to others a lot easier.

I would like better ability to share links within posts and comments - this isn't working for me very well at the moment.

I also wish that all of my teammates would adopt Workboard usage at the same level - some of us use it more frequently/heavily than others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like it better than Clarity or Trello, and over many other on-phone simple to-do type of apps.

I am not privvy to my client company's pricing terms, but I do know that we were able to implement and learn Workboard very well in under a week, with no special integration team or training. That's pretty darn easy to use!

Please note that although my client company has approximately 40,000 employees; I'm responding for one small team's usage (12-15 users). We hope to add more users as they see our proactive, simple adoption methods.

Keeping track of all of our work is the first benefit.

Being able to re-prioritize work on the fly has become much easier using Workboard.

Transparency into what everyone's working on, and how small steps work up into each Workstream and Goal are really helpful to us.

Workboard review by <span>Kristine D.</span>
Kristine D.

"Keeping productivity productive thanks to Workboard"

What do you like best?

Workboard has helped me to stay more proactive. With many demanding tasks and many more added that are far outside of my scope of plans throughout my day , Workboard has significantly helped me to keep my head clear and prioritize. The meetings feature is one of my favorites as it keeps me accountable (helps to improve memory) to the follow up action items.

I appreciate receiving the emails even though this system has successfully decreased my email velocity. The alerts that come into my inbox let me know how I'm doing on a daily and weekly basis against my action items and goals. This is becoming more useful than I'd originally anticipated.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few user enhancements I've requested that the development team has already started working on. Love how responsive the product development crew and client support team have been as I've adjusted to using Workboard over the past month. Amazing support!!

I have to add that there is a significant learning curve when it comes to starting to use Workboard. I consider myself a nerd and love learning new products/systems, and this one took some getting used to.

Not loving the to do items shown in the action item. Would prefer that the to do box display on it's own somewhere on the page and that I could turn any to do item into an action item if it grows to a greater scale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that there is a tad learning curve, but it's well worth the time it takes to configure and get rolling. The support staff is stellar and will do whatever they can to get you setup in the right fashion so you're getting the most out of the program.

Focus. The Workboard platform has greatly increased my ability to focus on the most important aspects of my job and responsibilities. It has also helped to increase my follow through in my tasks.

Workboard review by <span>Jeremy C.</span>
Jeremy C.

"Transforming ourselves using Workboard"

What do you like best?

Workboard is very intuitive and easy to use. The free version of the software is very robust. I recently upgarded to Workboard Elite and am now using Worboard for 1 on 1s and team meetings. This has transformed these processes and has helped with employee engagement. Scheduling meetings and the new dashboards are great features of Workboard! I also like how this tool is flexibile and can be used in a variety of ways for different teams in the organization (e.g. tactical teams versus strategic teams).

What do you dislike?

The one challenge I have in using the product is displaying the meeting agenda and capturing updates live during the meeting. The font size can be hard to see for action items when displaying the agenda on a screen with a projector. I have addressed this by printing out the agenda.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it for yourself personally before rolling it out to your team. Workboard has a ton of really great resources to get you started. The information they provide for leadership is great too!

The largest challenge our organization faces is getting traction on a multitude of projects occurring simultaneously and keeping stakeholders informed of progress. Since we have engaged Workboard, we have been able to get our staff focussed on important projects and deadlines. We have also reduced a significant portion of redundant communication and emails to keep people in the loop. Workboard has helped our company continue to Transform ourselves.

Workboard review by <span>Jason E.</span>
Jason E.

"Workboard has significantly improved our team focus, communication, alignment, and transparency."

What do you like best?

By linking goal, meeting, and action item functionality, Workboard provides the tools necessary for a team to operate at its highest level of contribution.

What do you dislike?

The UI is slightly confusing at first, as the same actions can be accomplished a number of different ways. After some experience with Workboard, it is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that provides and streamlines the tools necessary for top-to-bottom alignment and goal achievement, Workboard is a great fit for you.

Workboard has significantly improved our team focus, communication, alignment, and transparency. As a direct result of our use of Workboard, we are successfully completing more of the right work (work that creates the most value for our company) and communicating more efficiently than ever before. Through the use of Workboard action items and reminders, we have dramatically reduced our dependence on email (which has saved us a lot of time, as email is a "manual" and unstructured communication tool).

Workboard review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Off to a good start!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the transparency across teams in my organization. By linking our OKR's, we have clear alignment and dependencies to show how each group can work independently, but also support our higher level objectives. The progress bar for how we're tracking towards completion of OKR's for the quarter is visible and quickly shows our wins and where additional focus is needed. I also enjoy that my entire team is marching toward the same OKR's and we're supporting each other for success.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are not very intuitive, but I'm hopeful with more time in the tool and another round of OKR setting, I'll be less dependent on our Workboard SME's. For example, aligning my OKR's to other group's OKRs to see the linkage. I enjoy the badge feature and giving out badges when I recognize a job well done. I don't like that there isn't a way to view the history of badges that I've given so I maintain my own spreadsheet to keep track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be open minded. Ask lots of questions! Make sure if you manage a team, write your OKR's in such a way that they can be delegated to team members.

Visibility and alignment to department objectives with clear results that we have all agreed upon. We have found it's tremendously valuable to set OKR's at a quarterly basis, not annual. By defining work at the quarter level, it gives us the ability to keep track on shorter increments and continually ground ourselves on what we set out to do. It also provides the ability to pivot following that quarter when priorities and direction changes.

Workboard review by <span>George S.</span>
George S.

"Workboard is core to Talloo's business operation"

What do you like best?

As the CEO of Talloo I knew that many of the resources I would need to run my young business would be geographically dispersed. I began my evaluation of project tools looking for specific attributes:

- Agile. I wanted a platform that worked the way my company did. We are a lean startup and we use agile development methodologies not only in our development team, but also throughout the rest of our business.

- Cloud: We do not invest in infrastructure as we all work remotely. I wanted a solution that was accessible everywhere.

- Mobile: The solution had to have a mobile application so users would have access to status and issues immediately.

What do you dislike?

I would recommend to Workboard that they work on how a user can import and export data. Initially I setup our information structure incorrectly and because the solution lacked an Excel export I had to key in all of the items again and remove the old items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read use cases. Theses sophisticated software and therefore very powerful. You'll never scratch the surface if you don't dig in.

I needed to organize my desperate team with goals and tasks that we could assign priority and timeframes to. Our SMART goals fit very well within Workboards framework.

Workboard review by User in Computer Software

"OKRs done right"

What do you like best?

It is very clear how what you're working on relates to your company's objectives

What do you dislike?

Some of the UX is a little clunky, nothing is broken, just some actions take too many clicks, or aren't easy to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about using OKRs or use OKRs but would like more rigor around them then you should use Workboard.

Alignment in the organization, from the top down. We use it to make sure we are working on the most important things, and prioritizing correctly.

Workboard review by <span>Elizabeth P.</span>
Elizabeth P.

"Great product!!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the ability to collaborate within a team, assign tasks, prioritize what's important gather a snapshot of "what's going on" within your team. My department @NBCUniversal uses Workboard in lieu of weekly status reports, and to manage our project and operational workload. The functionality is very intuitive and organized.

I not only use Workboard to manage my work projects, but I also use it to plan my June 2015 wedding and on various house projects. The functionality is perfect for assigning tasks to bridesmaids, husbands/wives, family members, and organizing efforts.

I like the ability to "ping" others on my team for a status.

What do you dislike?

I've noticed recently the speed on filtering tasks is a bit slower than usual, but other than that, nothing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage a lot of projects and tasks, or work with a large team and would like to collaborate more effectively, Workboard will definitely make a difference in helping you meet project deadlines and communicating.

Communication and cooperation. Staff meetings are more productive. As a manager, I have more visibility to what my team is working on, so it's easier in general to collaborate with them.

I'm currently working on about ten projects simultaneously, so Workboard allows me to organize the efforts and ensure we meet our deadlines and get the results we need.

Workboard review by <span>Rich C.</span>
Rich C.

"Transparency and Accountability provided in the most streamlined service for goal management "

What do you like best?

Complete transparency at any given time for all my direct reports and non direct reports working to achieve my portfolio's goals. The need for PowerPoint mixed with excel mixed with SharePoint are a thing of the past with Workboard. Not only do I know where my team is at any given point in time my leadership also is a few clicks away from getting an overall picture of where the team stands at any given time. The true genius of this service is the simplicity in tracking action items pertaining to key goals and objectives to meet.

Identifying trouble areas is immediate due to the confidence level rating an Action Item can be given to raise awareness quickly. The ability to focus on trouble areas quickly is invaluable without having to go through layers of spreadsheets and project plans.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Workboard. Other then some basic UI/UX improvements the offering is spot on. With that being said the product has come a long way since its release and the leadership truly listens to customer feedback which is then seen implemented in the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the market flooded with SaaS offering around Management, project management, and goal achievement I have found that Workboard completely strips the complexity out of a good majority of offerings and provides a very unique way of achieving goals and objectives set forth by organizations and their leadership. Adoption this tool is very easy and the general concept of using it makes it a pleasing experience for people due to it's simplicity. Another feature which is invaluable is the feedback and status reports mechanism built into the core offering of Workboard. I can choose how much and how often I want to receive feedback at any level via automated email which allows me to come into the office everyday and get a full picture of what needs to get done and what may be in jeopardy. Not only can this be achieved via email but it can be done via Workboard's mobile offering.

The biggest problem I see is the multitude of different tracking tools used in business today. Multiple versions of spreadsheets, MS Project, SharePoint Portals, PowerPoint slides etc make tracking action items next to impossible and a true picture of the "reality" of your business is not painted. I see this pattern all the time and the amount of time wasted on "decks" to present to leaders that leave most with a puzzled look on their face is extremely disheartening. The amount of time, which is money wasted on the production of these materials is practically wiped out with the use of Workboard. I don't have to call a meeting with my entire leadership team to discuss something that is only applicable to a single line of business and I don't have to wait for a monthly meeting to find out if things are going in the wrong direction. The biggest benefit is time saved which can be directed to mission critical activities rather then lengthy status reports.

Workboard review by <span>Jose E.</span>
Jose E.

"A fresh, intuitive, and simple product to help manage projects and teams "

What do you like best?

Workboard has allowed our team to change the way we manage our projects, increasing productivity while reducing the amount of time spent tracking items separately. The option to sort tasks and easily be able to add to-do items is one way that Workboard has truly changed our processes.

What do you dislike?

What's to dislike about Workboard? We came on board pretty early with the product and the team there has been very receptive to feedback and implementation of user features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some features are currently being developed. Having tried other products before, our team has realized the potential of Workboard to continue to evolve at the same pace that our organization does.

We are spending less time tracking items which offers a direct benefit to the number of projects we can fulfill for our team. Supporting close to 100 people and many groups within Medical Center Development is challenging, but we do believe that with the rights software (Workboard) we are able to increase our team's bandwidth.

Workboard review by <span>Jason W.</span>
Jason W.

"You want to be effective and get things done! Workboard is the way to go!"

What do you like best?

Workboard is EXTREMELY USER FRIENDLY and EASY TO USE!!!

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a contacts options to add in contacts and leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You want to complete tasks, help others be more effective, generate your goal lists and accomplished tasks for easy reporting... Workboard is for you... I am sold :) Awesome job Workboard!

I am solving productivity & focus issues... Workboard has made me realize that daily goal setting really helps get things done. I have been very effective in accomplishing (and remembering) tasks daily and ACTUALLY FREEING UP MORE TIME FOR ME and GETTING IT ALL DONE MORE EFFECTIVELY!

Before I used paper and notepads and just my head! Now it's all up on Workboard and so easy to track with Workstreams and so easy to involve others and collaborate on tasks and GET MORE DONE!

I am excited as in my job, I often have to juggle many tasks and Workboard really helps me focus on the task at hand and accomplish more in a shorter period of time... It is also helping me prepare and plan for the future by involving others in my workstream and collaborating on projects insteads of getting lost in my notes or other times just doing it myself!

GREAT JOB WORKBOARD!

Workboard review by <span>Veronica C.</span>
Veronica C.

"Workboard helps keep me up-to-date on my to-dos and my teams!"

What do you like best?

One place to see the status of all projects and to-dos, an easy way to check in on my staff and understand where people stand. The weekly reports my team sends me are great too! The help section is easy to use and I always find the answers I need there, which is refreshing!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike, but there are some features I hope to see added! I wish there was a way to assign a task to more than one person, I also wish you could indicate a start date, a check-in date and an end date on tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workboard is so easy to use and update, it's most definitely worth a try. I don't think anybody will be disappointed.

My team and I are trying to be more efficient and really concentrate on the important things we have going on. Workboard helps us to do that because of the visibility we have into each person's workload. We can easily have a conversation about what's holding something up and if it makes sense to change what we're doing.

Workboard review by <span>Nick W.</span>
Nick W.

"Easy and Effecient"

What do you like best?

The workflow and layout is very easy to use and understand. I can easily get a feel each day for what needs to be done. I also like the collaborative aspect of the comments and being notified when ever changes or comments are made on projects. One of my favorite features is being able to edit project statuses right from the the list view without having to go into each project change it and then save. Great product!!

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a easier way to collaborate in real time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool to streamline projects and make sure they get done on time.

We were solving a few. One, we used to have problems with people saying our projects were not completed in the time frame they were requested. We could not track before, but now we can go back to each project and say here is what was said and when it was marked completed. Also, this has solved organizational issues of projects.

Workboard review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Workboard productivity "

What do you like best?

It lets me focus on my goals on a daily basis and keep track of what is really important. Additionally, my role is such that I need to work with every department within our organization. The ability to loop in specific people and departments along with the ability to receive real time updates is essential to keeping our company on track and making sure that we accomplish our goals.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the mobility solution and meeting functionality continue to be developed. There is great potential. Future collaboration tools either for projects or assisting in attaining goals may be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We discuss with all of our partners and customers how we are utilizing Workboard and the early success that we are achieving.

Achieving personal and organization goals. The company has been able to achieve early success by eliminating 1000's of e-mails and achieving Quarterly goals.

Workboard review by <span>Marie Z.</span>
Marie Z.

"Great product - changing how my team works together!"

What do you like best?

I recently put a new team together - 7 people who report to me but each person does VERY different work. We decided we needed a tool to help each team member stay organized with their own work and I needed a quick view into the status of each person's work for leadership updates. We also wanted an up-to-date tool that would work on laptops as well as mobile devices.

After going through a trial period with 3 different products, we selected Workboard.

Workboard had a modern interface that appealed to my team. It is easy to learn and get up and running on.

The 3 features I like most are My Work - to focus on personal action items, Workstreams to review the projects for each person on my team and Priorities which I use to prepare for leadership touch bases.

The Workboard team is also VERY responsive to questions and suggestions. The Instant Chat feature has been very helpful for quick questions. The system is also regularly updated with new features.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about this product, I only wish there was better, more flexible reporting options. This is something the Workboard team is working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend Workboard to any individual or team looking for a basic task/project management system

We needed a way for individuals to manage their projects and for team leaders to have a view across the entire team. Workboard absolutely meets those needs. I can very quickly pull up current information on projects for everyone on my team and provide updates to my leaders.

Workboard review by <span>Kim L.</span>
Kim L.

"Project Management made easy for newbies"

What do you like best?

Free prgrm w/ basic project & task mngmt

What do you dislike?

I don/t have any complaints! Easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will help you get where you are going!!

Free program w/ basic project & task management helped me and my other newbie partners to organize our project and get things delegated and follow up needs properly handled.

Workboard review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Great product even better team behind the curtin of software!"

What do you like best?

We love the Idea that a work stream can be anything. Using Work Board to mange live Software development very easy to setup and use out of the box. My teams have been able to come up to speed very quickly with only me holding training.

Great response from the development teams in adding new features.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point we use all the features and anything we have asked work board to add they have either added or put on the road map. Great team players with a knack for customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try it is a great product.

Who is where and who owns what and how are they doing with what they own

Workboard review by <span>Andrew H.</span>
Andrew H.

"My Workboard Experience"

What do you like best?

Workstream - allowing me complete visibility to each departments' requests, as well as company wide priorities.

What do you dislike?

I know the calender feature was recently rolled out and features "this weeks" tasks, however due to a large number of assignments with longer lead times, I'd like to see a monthly calender viewing option to better manage tasks.

Creative/production requests that were once overlooked are now being captured correctly and executed with greater accuracy. Workboard allows us to:

1.) Immediately address any last minute deadlines conflicting with weekly objectives

2.) Quantitatively justify an increase in resources to grow headcount

3.) Effectively hold teammates accountable and set realistic expectations up front.

Workboard review by User

"Great customer service, rapidly improving product"

What do you like best?

Focus on alignment, tracking and achieving goals, fantastic support response time. Other tools can do similar things, but lack the focus.

What do you dislike?

Lots of bugs, slow webapp, lackluster mobile app.

Creating and tracking OKRs. We have achieved alignment across the company and within our team.

Workboard review by <span>Amy W.</span>
Amy W.

"Workboard makes work life easier! "

What do you like best?

I work in a small team, it's great that we can show what we are working on day to day and keep up to date with where we each need to have some input. It also helps us stick to deadlines.

What do you dislike?

Before the most recent update I found it difficult to identify which tasks were my own and needed attention with the update this is really clear and I can look over the work week to identify my own tasks.

It makes it a lot easier to stick to time frames. It also helps as you can see the clear split in workload. Quite often it will take someone completing a task for the next person to be able to get on so it's really helpful to have this shown within the tasks.

Workboard review by <span>Neal D.</span>
Neal D.

"No more herding cats!"

What do you like best?

Accountability and time frames are a no-brainer with Workboard. Everyone knows what and when items are due.

What do you dislike?

Hmmm...Nothing comes to mind. Anything I've noticed has normally been addressed in a new version before I can mention it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of support, they are absolutely wonderful!

Nothing falls through the cracks anymore, and no one can "forget" about a task or delete it without a notification.

Workboard review by <span>Roy L.</span>
Roy L.

"Getting Stuff Done!"

What do you like best?

Tracking work tasks is very easy on mobile app. Daily email of 'what's due today'. Helps me keep track of my daily , weekly and outstanding tasks.

What do you dislike?

Currently trying to add additional departments in above and below my initial department. This is not straightforward and could do with a better 'organisational management' function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent option for workload management. Easy to delegate tasks to reports and team members. Start with your organisational layout before any other setup.

Keeping on top of my busy workload and delegating/assigning tasks to direct reports.

Workboard review by <span>Debrah C.</span>
Debrah C.

"Helping to keep non-profits more effective"

What do you like best?

This isi an amazing program! As the Executive Director of a non-profit, Workboard has saved me hours in sending multiple emails to my staff. Each team member feels proud of their accomplishments and our favoirite word has become "done". We are currently working the goals piece and finding it great in managing fundraising outcomes.

What do you dislike?

I have not had an easy time integrating the application to my Evernote account or Slacker. I basicallty gave up!

Continuous communication across departments has improved significantly. Accountability has improved. Inmy role, Workboard has literally removed the clutter in mind that I now call workstreams.

Workboard review by <span>Nicholas I.</span>
Nicholas I.

"Great, Time saving, workforce reporting platform!"

What do you like best?

The ability to check, add, and work on Action items and filtering through them with ease.

What do you dislike?

Little hard to keep your loops active, other team members have a hard time seeing all action items they are looped in on.

I have a ton of responsibilities at work, each of which has 2-6 action items needed at a time. This platform allows me to track them separately and see them in one place. It also helps me let other team members and management track what has been done on action items I am working on.

Workboard review by <span>Nancy N.</span>
Nancy N.

"Workboard has enhanced my workday "

What do you like best?

I love my morning email - G'morning here is what your day looks like.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it - it will help you !

Trying to put my finger on who is doing what and how into the work they are as well as when they are falling behind. This is a great tool!

Workboard review by <span>Susan H.</span>
Susan H.

"We LOVE Workboard"

What do you like best?

Workboard keeps our company organized. Prior to utilizing Workboard we had no way to track things in our small company. This provide the accountability we need.

Love the fact that Workboard integrates so nicely with our emails.

What do you dislike?

Some of the items in the tasks are a bit imbedded and cumbersome to access. It would also be nice to be able to assign multiple individuals to one task.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to append further email communications to the same task.

Accountability!

Workboard review by Internal Consultant in International Affairs
Internal Consultant in International Affairs

"Workboard - Workflow Management"

What do you like best?

The program is set up to establish a work stream that follows production from initiation through completion. It provides adequate flexibility to add steps and individuals responsible in between so that many people can track the job.

What do you dislike?

We work in foreign languages. There is no way to replicate a record -- yet. The company is working on improving their product and have included this as an upgrade item to be implemented soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is improving with upgrade. The company is easy to work with and takes suggestions seriously.

We produce material in multiple foreign languages. There was no system in place to track the 30+ staff members and show what their current production levels consisted of. now there is. It also provides a basis for turning down material based on current workload. This is also something that was not available prior to using Workboard.

Workboard review by <span>Rachel F.</span>
Rachel F.

"Workboard has a great user-interface"

What do you like best?

Workboard has helped me streamline my team with all of our projects and small details in one place. The fact that I can utilize the mobile app to check on my team while I am out of the office is a HUGE plus. The organization of Workboard has helped us eliminate any tasks falling through the cracks, and the fact that we can add as many workstreams as we want really makes it customizable for our industry.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features which are not customizable- such as alerts.

We are working with a variety of clients to manage their content marketing needs.

Workboard review by <span>Rani H.</span>
Rani H.

"Can't lead my team without it!!!"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Workboatd is that it enables complete alignment of my teams priorities, activities and status. When priorities change, as they often do, the team has a single source of truth for the change and we are immediately aligned. Eliminates the hassles of lost emails and lengthy email status reports.

What do you dislike?

I have a highly matrixed work structure. I use the tool effectively to track work both functionally and by program. The system handles the complexity well.

This drives my teams productivity. We can move faster and more directly toward the goal.

Workboard review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Simply the best management tool.....ever."

What do you like best?

Their service is exemplary. Unlike many corporations where the difficulty is finding someone to help, the team at Workboard have responded to me personally on a Sunday night.

What do you dislike?

The layout could be a little brighter, it seems the colours are quite 'pastel'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try

Managing teams between the USA and Australia has allowed me to efficiently delegate tasks with ease of follow up.

Workboard review by <span>Ryder K.</span>
Ryder K.

"Great Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

It's aesthetically pleasing to look at and the design is well-thought.

What do you dislike?

Lots of changes at the moment makes it difficult to certain things as they keep changing, but most changes are not terrible. Some of the fonts are really small on some buttons/tools.

Keeping track of priorities and deadlines. Managing others' work and running check-in meetings.

Workboard review by User in Internet

"Workboard has simplified our marking team"

What do you like best?

Workboard has been an excellent tool for our team to keep track of tasks and stay in the loop on each other projects. Helps us delegate, communicate and share

What do you dislike?

Would be great to see Workboard include dependancies - when one task is completed, another one is triggered. Looking forward to seeing where the product goes

Consolidating tasks and various projects in one location. We now use Workboard for our weekly planning

Workboard review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"It is a great tool!"

What do you like best?

Delegating assignments and receiving updates from the team.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is a little limited, to just yourself. But overall, I am happy with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, its free. I enjoy the meetings functionality, so I am doing the paid subscription.

Keeping up with all of my teams work has been a challenge. So we put it in workboard and collaborate with other teams within our division.

Workboard review by <span>Syed A.</span>
Syed A.

"Works great!"

What do you like best?

It helpins to achieve more success within timeframe

What do you dislike?

Nothing such to dislike but would like if WB do more testing before releasing any new version.

Not applicable

Workboard review by Administrator in Cosmetics
Administrator in Cosmetics

"Great customer service and the product is excellent and effective!"

What do you like best?

I really like that we can add our OKR's and manage the entire team using Workboard. Team tracking and workstreams have come in handy and allowed us to organize our projects efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much not to like about Workboard!

Addressing the need to manage our team and goals

Learn more about Workboard

Workboard Videos

Learning about Workboard?

* We monitor all Workboard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.