WorkBook

Workbook is a grown-up software suite for project & resource management, crm & accounting.

Work for WorkBook?

Learning about WorkBook?

WorkBook Reviews

Ask WorkBook a Question
Showing 19 WorkBook reviews
WorkBook review by Administrator

"Accounting Module is Amazing"

What do you like best?

The accounting and finance module is better than any other program that I have seen. Great for project timelines and scheduling when it comes to project management. Very user friendly on the accounting side. The reports that we produced were done with much ease and appeared to look very presentable.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports do not give a clear indication of where the bottom line numbers came from. At times it is not as user friendly as I would like it to be for the project manager side. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if they could get the project management side to be as user friendly as the accounting side I think it would be amazing ! The reports and ease of use on the accounting side was so great we thought about using it just for that side.

Some project management issues and accounting and finance solutions. Help with streamlining the two together.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WorkBook
WorkBook review by Frants E. M.
Frants E. M.

"Workbook for consulting companies"

What do you like best?

Workbook manage to integrate Project Management, Sales activity, Finance and communication in one solution.

It makes it easier to share information in the organisation and reduces the learning curves for employees in the long term.

What do you dislike?

Mainly that the Workbook has so many configuration possibilities and therefore is not a plug and play solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The value of having a specialized project management solution that can handle multiple Project types together with finance and CRM is more than you expect.

We sell finance BPO, secondment staffing and process optimization.

Workbook gives us a more collaboration in the organisation and more clear insight in resource management

What Project Management solution do you use?

WorkBook review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great program. Has markedly decreased our efforts that were previously duplicated "

What do you like best?

I cannot say enough about how much we love and use this program! It’s simple to learn and the support is great if you do have a problem. The staff also accept feedback really well and can make changes for you if your company needs them

What do you dislike?

The only thing we dislike is the price, we wish we got more of a discount since we are nonprofit

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try this out the visualizations are really great for people who prefer something simple and colorful. The way it presents timelines and graphics are easy to share as well

Before using this we didn’t know that many of our staff were doing a very similar reports, that we could’ve been having only one person do or combining our efforts into each doing smaller parts

WorkBook review by Andreas R.
Andreas R.

"Clunky but feature filled CRM"

What do you like best?

Workbook has a lot of features and is an improvement to our previous CRM.

Accounting reports that it's easy to keep track of invoices and expenses.

What do you dislike?

Workbook tries to please too many and gives subpar experiences for most regular users. Especially navigation is hard and counter intuitive. It's quite unpopular with most our users.

The older version uses silverlight plugin, so doesn't work in Chrome.

The newer HTML5 version has been a long way coming and is still unpolished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, buy a superior product. If you can't, don't worry. Workbook will get you there, it just takes the long route.

We needed a cheap and usable CRM that could tie time management, project management and financials together. Workbook accomplished that, however at the cost of user friendliness.

WorkBook review by Administrator

"Excellent database"

What do you like best?

The database is very intuitive and easy to pick up. It has a variety of extremely useful functions, including importing tool and dropbox function, that allow me to organize and share information in a very clean manner. The support team is very quick to respond to any qualms we have.

What do you dislike?

There are some customization features that are so complex that it leads to the platform becoming more complicated than necessary and losing its seemingly intuitive charm.

Being able to use a simple database that can be picked up quickly and manage information even with those who do not use Workbooks has been immensely helpful to the company

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

We needed a CRM that could do time tracking, project management and tie in with our finance department. This was the only product in our price range.

It gets the job done, even though a more responsive UI would have been preferred.

It makes it easier for us to book our employee resources.

We had an easy time integrating it with our AD.

We were able to integrate it with our cloud based filestorage.

Our financing department seems quite happy with it.

What do you dislike?

Old version uses silverlight plugin which we can't use in Chrome, our preferred browser. It's a hassle for most our users.

Newer HTML5 version that works in Chrome lacks functionality.

App for inputting expenses is still lacking, has been in development for over a year.

Seems like they have a small development team.

The UI is extremely clunky, they could benefit a lot from spending more effort on ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it fits your usecase.

We needed a CRM that could do time tracking, project management and tie in with our finance department. Workbook does that however it could be a bit easier to navigate through.

WorkBook review by User

"Workbook"

What do you like best?

Everything we need in one tool we use it. We can organize many different types of dat used at out store and have it all in one place. This saves us time which saves us money.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all is disliked about this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing all types of data within one spread sheet of many.

We have issues managing time with employees. Using a spread sheet alotting time of each employee helps us to keep track of this issue better. I like that we can do this and keep track of survey capturesas well as payroll all in one area.

WorkBook review by User in Judiciary
User in Judiciary

"My experience has been a good one now that I know how to use the product."

What do you like best?

I now like the ease of being able to use the product on a daily basis. In the beginning I was not so sure about it but now its easy as pie to me. I like the ease of navigating on my desk top as well as my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Initially I did not like the program because I found it hard not navigate, it was new to my computer and very new to me. At this time I don't dislike anything about the program.

I am solving a lot of business problems as they are assigned and I am also able to navigate through the program and learn new things on my own

"WorkBook Review "

What do you like best?

Although I do not have too much experience with WorkBook, what I have used it seems to be very tactical at keep project management programs on time and flowing.

What do you dislike?

I have only been using this system less than three months and I have not found any dislikes yet.

Being able to track and manage program timelines, manage deadlines, and keep all parties involved in the program up to date.

WorkBook review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A all-in-one management program "

What do you like best?

I have really enjoyed using workbook the last 3 months (our company just transitioned to it), because it allows me to manage projects and update estimates/timelines in real time. It's easy to allocate resources and see what else is on a resource's plate!

What do you dislike?

Its very slow to respond at times whenever too many people are using the program. It crashes occasionally and forced to stop and restart

Resource management, estimating more accurately using schedules, and managing campaigns with quotes approved.

WorkBook review by nowreen h.
nowreen h.

"great"

What do you like best?

user friendly, addressess my needs apppropriately

What do you dislike?

non specific, scattered and help options are limited

organizes the products and help in project prposal writing

WorkBook review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Life Saving"

What do you like best?

The ability to do so much with one program is amazing! Plus, the accounting is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I've found anything yet to dislike.

I'm currently trying to find the perfect rates for my business using WorkBook.

WorkBook review by User in Higher Education

"Great to get organized"

What do you like best?

It is a very good software for project and resource management, collaboration, file sharing. It is user friendly.

It has on lie supports and provide training as well.

What do you dislike?

Starting and getting the hang of it is a bit hard.

Also, there are some inflexibility in reporting.

For sharing information and data and to fasten our projects communication.

WorkBook review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Documentation in standard formate"

What do you like best?

The work plan of the project, where baseline is the starting point followed by the steps to reach the targets

What do you dislike?

In practice the plan is to be updated, that required automated options

Recommendations to others considering the product

It requires to monitor and evaluation in ease way

Basically the plan of the project implementation process

WorkBook review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great PM tool"

What do you like best?

Excellent resource planning and project management tools!

What do you dislike?

Software isn't as user friendly as I'd like - the system can be fairly confusing.

The software has been great at addressing a lot of our project management needs such as resource scheduling and project timelines and management.

WorkBook review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great for CRM"

What do you like best?

WORKbook behaves exactly as you would expect it to and then more. It is a great software suite for project management, CRM, and accounting

What do you dislike?

File exchange needs to be worked on because that’s a major component

It helps me get organized which is major.

WorkBook review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"quality performance "

What do you like best?

the ease of use and simplicity of the product is great

What do you dislike?

can't say there is anything I dislike. maybe include more ways to customize the layout but the basics are plenty

more organization and communications amongst coworkers just by including this in our day to day

WorkBook review by Consultant in Education Management
Consultant in Education Management

"Effective and upcoming system "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use from the beginning.

What do you dislike?

It seems to glitch if too many tabs open.

Worldwide groups and projects that are being managed from 4 project managers in differing time zones.

WorkBook review by Consultant in Building Materials
Consultant in Building Materials

"Overall user friendly "

What do you like best?

Once you starting using in on the regular pretty straight forward

What do you dislike?

Takes some getting use to. Not user friendly right away

I use it in a project management role

Learning about WorkBook?

* We monitor all WorkBook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.