Workbooks.com

Workbooks.com

Workbooks.com delivers an intuitive, fast to implement CRM that empowers small to mid-size organisations.

Work for Workbooks.com?

Learning about Workbooks.com?

Workbooks.com Reviews

Ask Workbooks.com a Question
Showing 355 Workbooks.com reviews
Workbooks.com review by Carl B.
Carl B.

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I like the level of bespoke care given to our business. We have taken advantage of the CS+ package where Workbooks allocate additional hours for support and development but even their standard level of care is excellent. Their onsite technical support has also been of exceptional quality in my experience.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike - any tech issues/improvements customers have can be voted up on their forum and will be addressed by their tech teams. It would perhaps be beneficial for the sales team to have a higher degree of tech literacy so that many different types of enquiry can be handled with a single call but this is a minor gripe considering just how good the technical team is.

We are streamlining our fee renewal processes, our ability to report and are branching out into marketing campaigns. Workbooks is excellent for integration with mail clients and surveys allowing for a granular level of detail recorded in real time on customer records. We are also hoping to roll out their customer service system of ticketing and priority categorisation very soon.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workbooks.com
Workbooks.com review by Pradeep H.
Pradeep H.

"Wonderful CRM software"

What do you like best?

Support: Workbooks have a very strong and capable support team which really helps outweigh any of the slightly frustrating areas of the CRM. They are very quick to respond via email and very few problems taking longer than a single phone call to resolve. Capability / Flexibility: The system is extremely flexible. It allows a huge amount of different areas of the business to be logged, controlled and reported on. Some CRM systems can deal with lead tracking and customer tracking, but Workbooks very easily deals with this as well as all financial areas of the business sales orders, invoicing, purchasing and more. `Single Platform: linked to its flexibility, Workbooks, with the introduction of the Web Insights and Email Marketing platforms is able to deal with a contact end to end, from warming a lead up, to delivering a product once they have become a customer and then their journey via support and account management. Reporting: The reporting engine is so powerful that you can create virtually anything you can think of. I have only found one thing when creating reports that I wasn't able to do, even then it was a nice to have. Once you understand how the platform works, it becomes an invaluable tool.

What do you dislike?

Capability / Flexibility: Although this is in the pros, it is not without its frustrations. The flexibility of the platform, in particular 'how' you make it fit what you need, also makes it difficult to understand. It is not immediately intuitive to customize and if you add modules after using it for some time, (like the advanced security) it can be extremely painful. Some areas of the platform seem overly convoluted and often either need the help of their support team (who are excellent) or sometimes a consultant which comes at extra cost. Reporting: Again, as the reporting engine is so powerful it creates its own downside due to being unintuitive and even with some understanding difficult to understand. You cannot simply open a new blank report and create even simple reporting without having some idea of the logic behind how it works. A number of other CRM's allow you create 'general' reports far easier due to a more simple interface but they lack the power. I think there are areas where the platform could be easier to use and therefore create some frustrations but if you are aware that you need to have training and understanding in how the platform works first, you will have a versatile and powerful tool for your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this software for those who are looking to implement CRM in their business

I am not using for business. But I am using it to manage my peers and their progress in research.

What CRM solution do you use?

Workbooks.com review by Abigail D.
Abigail D.

"Workbooks is user friendly, and adaptable. The Support team is fantastic."

What do you like best?

Workbooks is easy to pick up. It was the one of the first databases that I have used, and the only database that I have used full-time, so I was worried that I would not be able to use it to its full advantage. I was wrong, and was able to fully grasp its functions in a short period of time. Everything is clearly laid out, and, where I do need that little bit of guidance, the Support team are always happy and willing to help.

The different Record Types allow me to navigate easily around the database, and the Reporting function is brilliant. Gone are the days of tirelessly amending spreadsheets in Excel! All the information that I need is in Workbooks exactly where I need it.

The Importing tool is also a massive asset to me personally, as I import a lot of a data on a regular basis, both to create and update records. The function is completely logical, and works seamlessly. I am also able to test using our UAT database to ensure that my workings are correct, which is very handy for those moments when I am hesitate to manipulate live data without first checking that my process will work as I would hope.

What do you dislike?

In an ideal world, I would be able to use the Search function to search by Id. As System Admin, I use Ids far more than I do references due to importing. That being said, it is still simple to find a record based on their id by using filters within the Record Type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a database that is secure, easy to navigate and simple to use, Workbooks is for you. I was not well-versed in databases before using Workbooks and have been able to pick it up quickly and without difficulty. I can use all of its functions as they were intended, and my company benefits greatly from its ease. The data and stats that it provides us with are exceptional, and save us a lot of time.

With Workbooks, we are able to create and hold more secure data than we could with our previous provider. I am easily able to give different users their own individual capabilities based on experience and job role, which means that the data that we hold cannot be amended incorrectly. We are also able to prevent customers from changing secure data, and can use the Auditing functionality to track everything that occurs within the database.

I am also able to view my data in a more structured setting, which is easy to navigate. The Filtering tools provide me with more specific data when I need it, and means that I spend far less time manipulating data in Excel than I would previously.

Workbooks.com review by Jenny S.
Jenny S.

"Great for tracking sales cycles and orders"

What do you like best?

I like how much information you can store in one record, whether it is a sales lead or person record, how it all links to organisations and what emails have been sent is very handy. I use workbooks primarily for sales administration, so being able to see the sales team opportunities and the features like 'close date' and being able to link records to that is also a really good feature.

What do you dislike?

I think the search function could be a lot more advanced, trying to find exact people in a certain country etc, I think this would be a good feature to have. I also don't like how complicated it can be to make a report, all the different criteria you need to complete can make it tricky to use.

Using this for sales cycles has been ideal, being able to track and update opportunities in real time so that everyone can see has been beneficial to the company.

Workbooks.com review by Fiona E.
Fiona E.

"Making the complex - straightforward "

What do you like best?

The ability to let your processes dictate the best way to use Workbooks - you don't need to build your processes around the limitations of the system as is the case with other systems.

I particularly find this useful for sending press releases to media partners which can be tested and scheduled to be sent and then record the outcomes of interest.

I also like the drop box function which enables employees who are not users to be able to share info in to the system

What do you dislike?

The configuration can be a little tiresome if you do it yourself, but adding to the customisation, after the initial set-up is simple to do.

The is a perception that an App for use on mobile may work better for sales people when they do not access to the internet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously consider using workbooks as it is easy to set up and the with it the adoption rates then follow through.

Make sure that you have a strong team and an executive sponsor who will help overcome an challenges

Look at all the functionality as now the web Insights and email platform it is truly an all embracing system

Sharing and simplifying processes both for people who are users and work in departments that are not currently using it

Workbooks.com review by Madhu S.
Madhu S.

"Excellent, well thought out CRM that is flexible with an amazing interfacce"

What do you like best?

Here are 4 reasons why I love Workbooks

1) Brilliant interface

CRM software can often be very difficult to use, because of all the task it can do. Workbooks, however, has a beautiful user interface. The system is designed to look like Windows complete with a desktop and start menu, so it is very intuitive and familiar. The desktop is used to store the more frequent tools, while the rest is clever organized in the start menu. This means that you can always quickly find what you want as nothing is ever more than a click away, but unlike other systems, there is no danger of being overwhelmed.

2) Flexibility

Another great feature of Workbooks is the flexibility. Unlike other systems which force you into their rigid way of thinking, Workbooks lets you assign custom fields to record types. This is handy if you have specialist data requirements which may not be otherwise covered by a CRM system.

This flexibility is mirrored in the report creating functionality, as you can incorporate any fields into your reports.

In the past, I used another CRM software that didn’t have this feature. Very often, after generating a report, I would have to copy and paste it into Word and then edit it to fit my needs, which was a huge time waste especially as the number of reports and records began to grow.

Thankfully, with Workbooks, there’s none of this foolishness. The software dances to my tune and not the other way around.

3) Snappy cross-platform cloud based system

Workbooks is fully accessible over the web and even works on mobile and tablet. Quite wisely the mobile version doesn’t replicate the Windows desktop and instead has a custom designed solution that uses a well designed hamburger menu to arrange the options. Despite being a web based system, Workbooks is very snappy whether being viewed on Desktop, Mobile or Tablet. Sometimes it is so fast, that I think I am using a native app.

The last system I used required syncing with a desktop client and often I would find that data was missing when I was off site, which was a pain. Thankfully with Workbooks there is none of this nonsense!

4) Excellent training videos

Workbooks has a great library of training videos.

They are very well made and I often watched them when I had a minute. In doing so, I often came up with new ideas of how the software could better help the business, which I had not originally considered.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of any complaints. In the past it used to be a little sluggish, but this has long been since fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks comes with a 30 day trial, so you can check out if its right for you. And from the moment you see the excellent interface you will be hooked.

I used Workbooks at a company for keep track of customer enquiries and then charting their progress to competition, including the tracking of sales. It was a real eye opener over the value of certain clients in relation to the time spent interacting with them and the money earned.

Workbooks.com review by Cathy C.
Cathy C.

"Workbooks review"

What do you like best?

The workbooks have a fast and capable support team that is ready to help with any areas of CRM. They respond very fast compared to other call centers and they can resolve every problem that is given to them. The workers are all well trained with the system. The system is also very flexible which allows for ease of use. Once workbook is mastered then it becomes a tool that can be always relied upon.

What do you dislike?

I suppose what I dislike about workbook would be the search system. Also it can be a little bit hard for people who never used these types of systems before, but anything can be over come with a little bit of practice.

Also I do not like how there is no function that it forces me to write a certain amount of words like it should be up to the user to say how much they want. If its short let it be short.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a nice software

Well the business problems would be that I can view data in a more organized format which is easier to navigate. I also love using this to manage my co workers and myself. Nice tool

Workbooks.com review by Ramon Enrique B.
Ramon Enrique B.

"CRM software based on knowledge, and great for marketing campaigns"

What do you like best?

The part of keeping the accounts of my clients in my company, besides the control of the invoices, the credits, the contracts and the orders of my clients this part is very complete in the software

What do you dislike?

For a not very experienced user it becomes a little complex but it is enough to see the training tutorials with it, you get an idea of how you have to work with this software. Also with the webinars with this tool you also learn to use this application a lot

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a quite complete software with many potentialities when it comes to keeping accounts and its security layer with the double factor of authentication is very good at validating the login of users. The permisology of the different modules or options that allows you to give public and private access to certain users depending on what each user doesThe templates to give a very personal touch to the pages that are going to have in your web domain, also allows you to customize the same and of course the tool for marketing to send emails to your different contacts as scheduled.

It has helped me to be more orderly and have a better control of the accounts of my clients in my company has given me multiple benefits among them being up to date when it comes to delivering a summary of all the orders of purchase and sale that I have with my suppliers (clients)

Workbooks.com review by Dan B.
Dan B.

"Really flexible CRM does help stay on top of leads "

What do you like best?

Its a really flexible system, our previous CRM was not really suitable for our business (B2B/recruitng), so it wasn't very efficient, but thanks to the adaptability of workbooks we've really been able to set it up to work perfectly in our business, and it makes us a lot more productive. We've definitely had less leads slip through the net since we've been using it

What do you dislike?

It was quite a big job to set up. There were a lot of elements to tailor the arm to work in our company with our sales process and customer service. As it's so flexible there are a lot of elements which we changed, but in the long run that's helped us save a lot mire time so it was worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest the time at the beginning to get it set up properly and it will save you hundreds of hours in the long run

We've found it easier to stay on top of leads and keep them from going cold. We've increased sales and we're now missing out on less opportunities as we know exactly when to be contacting people.It's also helping us a lot with customer service, so we've had happier clients as well as more clients.

Workbooks.com review by David C.
David C.

"Flexible CRM software"

What do you like best?

Flexibility is the main reason we use workbooks, We were allowed to customise the software to exactly how we wanted it for our business. We use it for sales, lead tracking and management of our customer database. We also use it as a support tool, allowing us to link support requests to existing organisations

The support from workbooks is excellent and prompt

What do you dislike?

Whilst it is extremely flexible, this can be a hinderance as it then becomes complicated to setup. We use it for support but its not entirely suitable for this as its more aimed at managing customer data.

We use it to allow us easy management of our customers and potential customers through lead tracking, as well as using it for support

Workbooks.com review by Stuart R.
Stuart R.

"Workbooks CRM"

What do you like best?

Very quick to get started with - very intuitive

Very flexible & configurable

Supports simple user driven amendments such as custom fields

Supports sophisticated amendments with PHP scripts, triggers etc.

What do you dislike?

Minor gripes around UI especially the number of windows that can end up opened.

Looks similar enough to a Windows type environment to be easy to pick up, but lacks one or two of the ease-of-use features within the Windows UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be put off by the low profile & price when compared with other better known CRM systems - Its flexibility makes it very simple to tailor in the hands of non-technical people, and yet extremely powerful for developers to tailor.

Also its best to work with a partner to implement, as they can highlight the best way of achieving your objectives in the most straightforward way.

We current have a lack of visibility with our pre-sales processes, particularly as our items have long lead-times of up to 18 months from initial contact to a sales order.

We would expect Workbooks to give us improved insight as to the state of the sales pipeline and, as we gain more data, to provide us with a better understanding of the relationship to size/stages of pipeline to the resulting sales orders.

Workbooks.com review by Georgina H.
Georgina H.

"Workbooks Review"

What do you like best?

I love using Workbooks on a day to day basis. The system is very straight forward to direct through the different record types. It is so beneficial to our company to have anything inbound going through one place ensuring that the processes are streamlined. We actually use our system for all complaints and all leads that come through directly and through our telesales companies, which is great. The reports that we can get out of Workbooks are outstanding, all information that is put into Workbooks can be pulled out so easily. As the database is a web-based system it is great for our users as we can use this anywhere, and not have to worry about if we have downloaded the system.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about Workbooks is the fact that you can only have one person assigned to the record. I know you can watch records but I just think it would beneficial if you could assign a record to more than one person.

As we can now all put all leads or enquiries onto the system, this will stop any confusion over who the lead belongs to. As everything is now going into one place for our three divisions of the business this has now improved the communication, and knowledge of the teams.

Workbooks.com review by Keeran W.
Keeran W.

"An excellent package with many possibilities!"

What do you like best?

Being able to customise almost every part of the Workbooks CRM is great. Changing every detail to match our business and in particular, the commercial training department, to meet our needs. Its been easy to learn and grow my knowledge, without turning to Google searches or spending much time on the support forums.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't change the entire background from the standard blue. It is possible to change the logo in the very corner of the screen but I would like to match the background with our business colours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, the trial is free. Once you start getting in to it you will wonder how you lived (worked) without it.

We have solved the issue of managing multiple events. Training courses, assessments, labour requests and more. Our business is based around the Rail and Construction labour supply and training industry. I've managed to customise workbooks to make these two business areas work in tandem from the same system, while giving us the ability to manage individual tasks. Keeping in touch with customers/clients is now far easier through the mail shot function.

Workbooks.com review by Tannaz R.
Tannaz R.

"Workbooks is the best CRM management for small business with small budgets"

What do you like best?

I like to thank workbooks consultants and customer service for being so on point and quick in helping us achieve what we need for our business. Customer service is absolutely amazing. I 100% recommend Workbooks to business who looking for a functional CRM system without having to pay a fortune for it.

Thank you to all the staff at Workbooks!

What do you dislike?

I must say that sometimes importing data and mapping could be quite frustrating however, workbooks team have supported us every time we had any issues regarding this - so nothing to dislike really!

The fact that we have a centralised database where we can see exactly who's who and how much engagement we had from our clients. Its great to be able to see what the sales do and how marketing can help to improve it - all the info you need is in one place and so its easy to navigate through and find notes and any interaction done with a particular person.

Workbooks.com review by Nicola A.
Nicola A.

"Workbooks - amazing aftercare and support"

What do you like best?

Can configure system to report on any area you want to, amazing support from WB to enable me to get the information I want from my data. No request is too much; they have helped me develop reports that are of real financial value to our business

What do you dislike?

That I need to have more time to learn how to use the system better as I know I can make it do more for me and make my life easier, but I am too time poor!

Recommendations to others considering the product

integration with accounting package XERO to make my life even easier!

Keeping up to date and on top of opportunities and pipelines, invoiced business, can see at the press of a button. The webinar I watched inspired me to create financial reports that had been taking me a day a month to create in excel. This now means that we have up to date information at the touch of a button on all our opportunities realtime.

Workbooks.com review by Melissa D.
Melissa D.

"Efficient and user-friendly CRM - Workbooks"

What do you like best?

Workbooks'interface is similar to Windows which makes him familiar to most users and very easy to use. It is a very intuitive software and I like how much you can customise it to make it your own. Configuration and customisation is so easy as well.

I also like the fact that Workbooks is web-based so accessible at any time from anywhere which makes a lot of difference for our team who is constantly on the move. I like the possibility to have the app too although we have not used it much recently.

Finally, Workbooks has an amazing support team and customer service. They are very reactive and helpful and always with a smile on their face.The amount of resources available online (forum, training videos and guides, ect.) is incredible, always up to date and very useful.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike with Workbooks is the integration with our accountancy practice software (CCH). Nothing to do with Workbooks itself, I think the problem comes from Wolters Kluwer who can't update their software version quick enough to keep up.

A couple of other points that could be improved: the reporting tools could be more intuitive and the app could require some more development.

As a medium-size business, we reached a few years ago that level when you need a CRM if you want to run and develop your marketing activity within the business. We installed Workbooks, and although it took a few months for the team to buy into it, we are currently happy with the results. Workbooks has really helped us to track where our opportunities are coming from as well as helping the team to carry on their sales and marketing activity easily.

Workbooks.com review by Kieran J.
Kieran J.

"Workbooks CRM Review"

What do you like best?

T platform has a nice and clean interface that basic users would be able to navigate with ease, due to the similarities between Workbooks and other popular operating systems. Workbooks comes with many options including Sales, Marketing and Finance tools that can all be managed form any machine remotely.

The remote functionality is just what we were looking for. For event recruiters, we are often on the move, so being able to store everything within a Workbooks account makes life so much easier and removes the need to be lugging around files and document folders when on business.

I also have quite a poor internet connection from home, sometimes only receiving 1 Mbps, the platform still manages to load quickly on lower internet connection speeds which is really great!

What do you dislike?

I couldn't find anything major that I disliked about Workbooks, before utilising Workbooks API, I would recommend some minor reading with how to get started. Aside for this, support is very good and can help you with any questions you might have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks offer a 30 day free trial for you to test the platform before you commit to a full plan, I would recommend checking offer out before going live with a premium subscription. You will not however be disappointed.

Our business is gradually starting to grow and we were looking for something that would allow us to keep all leads, enquiries etc. in one place and assign them to certain people as well as having a single platform to store transactions, invoices, emails, temporary staff information etc. in one place.

Having the ability to access this information online is very handy for working on the go and removes the need to be carrying hard-copies of documents when away on business!

Workbooks.com review by Adé S.
Adé S.

"Great Customisable CRM - Workbooks"

What do you like best?

One of the first things I like the most is that it has a clean interface. The first time you log in, the space does not look clustered and it does not look busy, so you don't feel overwhelmed. At the same time, it has really advanced tools, and many of them. This means it is easy for you to get started, and it is very flexible. And it is entirely customisable to support your company's needs.

Another feature I like is the integration. Many of us would have been using other business tools for our companies, so it is nice to have smart integrations to key business tools like Hubspot.

What do you dislike?

Coming from an Apple background and being used to Apple interface, I did not care so much for the Windows look. I have long forgiven it of this defect because it has all the features I need. However, I would still jump on a "Apple-like" interface if they ever decided to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has many features and you might be tempted to start testing them all out at once. But I would encourage you to think of the main things your business need, and consider that as priority before jumping on any other features that Workbooks might offer.

Since my business is growing, it's rather hard to keep using various software for different jobs. I want to be able to have everything in one platform. With Workbooks, you can keep records, transactions, invoices, emails etc.

Also, having multiple users and advanced features means it will grow with my business, and I wouldn't have to worry about switching to another platform anytime soon.

Workbooks.com review by User in Computer Software

"Effective system for tracking business needs but can be very slow."

What do you like best?

It allows our company to run our business. We can track support cases and the associated organisational contracts. As this is a SaaS system this means no server maintenance, upgrades take place at night so there is very little downtime.

What do you dislike?

So many windows to click and wait for things to open. At times it can take minutes for windows to open which can get very frustrating.

It's not built as a support system, so it's only logging the emails which some with categorisations and custom fields. Overtime your DB can become massive due to storing every entire email rather than reading the email and storing only the new parts.

There isn't a convenient way to see a summary of a support case you have to read every email.

Contacting their support team can be complex, they only allow 2 authorised contacts, so if your 2 colleagues happen to be off they won't answer your call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good system for tracking customers and contacts, opportunities etc... Tracking support cases is an add on to this and depending on how complex your needs will depend on how well workbooks does this. It works it just could be significantly better.

Companies can be linked to contracts, contracts can be linked to support cases. So only active support

contracts get support.

Multiple team members can do support at the same time, without answering the same case two times.

Automated replies giving customer case numbers and a point of reply.

Integration with our accounts software.

Workbooks.com review by Sean H.
Sean H.

"A fantastic CRM that has changed the way we sell subscriptions"

What do you like best?

The user experience. It presents a windows type experience, which is easy to pick up by the sales teams. There is also flexibility to create custom views for different roles within the business

What do you dislike?

You don seem to be easily able to share a default user set up across a group of users. In these instances we need to login to each users account to design the view we want them to have

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks allows a flexible, customised setup that is in your control. Their technical support team provide fantastic consultation on how to get the best out of the product and the system itself provides a user friendly experience. This means that the CRM becomes part of your working day rather than a hindrance to it.

- Performance reporting has become consistent and trustworthy

- User adoption has been fantastic with all activity being records in Workbooks

- Lead generation process is more efficient

- Subscription opportunities are easier to identify through reporting and analysis

Workbooks.com review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"A very positive game changer for our business"

What do you like best?

The flexibility that we have in tailoring the 'of the shelf' system to match; and strengthen, our business processes.

The ability to have our entire team working 'on the same page'.

As a small company we access Workbooks through Wizard Systems UK, based near Bristol. They have provided excellent development support and have allowed us to adapt the Workbooks platform to mirror our business needs.

What do you dislike?

Uploading photographs; pdf documents; or CAD drawings, which we like to form part of our quotations and Risk Assessments, is way too difficult.

The look of outgoing documents created within Workbooks gets a 7 out of 10... could do better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to look at what you are trying to achieve and get systems/processes clear before setting the direction/scope of your use/implementation.

The main advantage has been the increased transparency of our workflow - it is now very easy for any team member to look up an opportunity and see exactly where we are with the project and who is 'holding the baton' within the team.

Keeping an eye on submission flow; hit ratios; turnaround times; and projected cash flow is simple and a real asset.

We have really thought about what could improve our compliance area, as we are ISO approved, and on many occasions, Workbooks' functionality (or minor development changes to a couple of landing pages) really helps us to record and monitor areas of quality control and corporate compliance.

Workbooks.com review by James G.
James G.

"Workbooks - Taopix"

What do you like best?

Once setup the level of data available is amazing. We use workbooks across all parts of our business. As the CEO I regularly access to a few dashboards that tell me the majority of information I need to know about the business performance in realtime.

What do you dislike?

To get the best out of the system you need to put a lot of effort in, however this is the same for every CRM and workbooks is much easier to work with than other systems I have previously used.

We needed one platform that could manage everything from a lead coming in to the business, tracking through the pipeline and into order/invoice along with contract management. Previously we used SugarCRM along with far too many google docs and spreadsheets, workbooks has now allowed us to streamline our processes and gain access to key business data in realtime. Workbooks was one of over 50 CRM products we evaluated, the performance/features vs price left workbooks with o competition.

Workbooks.com review by Helen N.
Helen N.

"Great product, even better service"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of this system is what set Workbooks apart from other software for us. It's incredibly user-friendly and the fact that we could customise it ourselves without the need for expensive consultants was a real bonus for us. We were up and running with a bespoke CRM system within a matter of days.

The UK based support line is a real bonus and means that you have a point of contact should you need any advice or experience any problems. The support staff really are excellent - always friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about this software. Any issues we've had have been effectively dealt with by the Workbooks team. My one niggle would be that the quotation module & line items section don't work too well for our business - not necessarily a criticism of Workbooks as our business is very complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks has all features of Salesforce at a lower cost and far better customer service.

Before Workbooks we struggled to engage our sales team with using a CRM. Our old system was rarely updated and we recorded most activity on a variety of different spreadsheets. The sales team buy-in for Workbooks has been astounding. We're now tracing all sales & marketing activity through workbooks which gives us great visibility of our sales cycle, allows us to manage our customers more effectively and we can report on anything we like at the touch of a button.

Workbooks.com review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Workbooks is an excellent sales tool!"

What do you like best?

Workbooks makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities. With Workbooks I always know where we are in our sales cycle and what our next actions are. I can contact a lead directly via their record by email and workbooks will keep track of my communication.

What do you dislike?

Setting up reports can be tricky and the search tool can be a bit slow.

Workbooks makes it easy to manage customer and prospect accounts. All of their information can be found quickly and if used correctly can store their history, meaning that even if accounts are reassigned it's easy to find what you are looking for.

Workbooks.com review by Karl L.
Karl L.

"Highly flexible and customisable CRM product."

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the product, and the options that this flexibility offers for different use cases across a wide range of business requirements. You could just use it straight out of the box or you can, as in our case, custom configure many different aspects of the UI including automating parts of your business process or integrating the CRM with other systems via the API.

As a system admin I really like the fact that Workbooks allows you to be very hands-on in terms of the configuration and automation options available within the product.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. There can be bugs on occasion, though the Support Team are always super helpful and issues tend to get resolved quickly. We did have some problems initially but these mostly stemmed from integrating the CRM with a bespoke web-application via the Workbooks API. If there was any criticism of Workbooks in this regard it would be around the documentation and training with regards to development when using the API - though this has since been addressed and Workbooks now have a developer training course available for this very purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't try to do too much at once. If your implementation plan allows I'd recommended taking a phased approach - start off with some core configuration and build out from there. In retrospect we perhaps tried to implement far too much in very challenging timescales. The fact that Workbooks does allow you to create a highly customised and integrated system makes it tempting to implement a complete solution at go live when this may not necessarily be the best approach.

We were basically looking to migrate our entire end to end business process from various disparate systems and applications into one single system. We've been Workbooks customers for a yea and a half and using the system live for about a year; due to the cyclical nature of our business we've not managed an entire 'cycle' within the system as yet so as yet have not realised all of the intended benefits (e.g. post-cycle reporting and analysis) but have certainly realised benefits such as increased visibility across the piece and more integrated workflows.

Workbooks.com review by Jamie K.
Jamie K.

"Enjoy It More Every Time I Dive Deeper"

What do you like best?

Customer support is incredible. All hail Ross! Not difficult to customize if you have a little experience with programming. I know I'm not even touching the majority of the functions but for tracking new business, existing business and keeping in touch with those existing clients, it's perfect for me. Simple to use - I can log in anywhere. Simple to add new fields as I discover new needs. If I add employees in the future I'm not worried about the difficulties they would face learning and utilizing it.

What do you dislike?

Wish it linked to my Google Calendar, which I believe they are implementing. Perhaps it already was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. The cost is great, easy to use and the support is couldn't be beter.

I'm a one person legal business that has grown every year. I no longer am able to keep the status of everything in my head. I love how easy it is to customize a report that sends what I'm supposed to do for the day in an email to my Outlook. Currently, I have it send 3 emails spread throughout the day so I can track how much progress I've made.

Workbooks.com review by David C.
David C.

"A powerful, flexible CRM tool"

What do you like best?

The most attractive part of Workbooks is it's flexibility. You can create a new field of any kind on any record type and create reports on any field in the entire database. All data that goes into Workbooks and be used later on through the built in reports or the readily available API reference library.

What do you dislike?

The appearance of Workbooks lets itself down and makes it look as though it's an out of date system. This is not the case, which you discover after you have started using tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all the flexibility you want to have in a CRM tool and I think it would be hard to find a tool that can match Workbooks in this way.

We managed our sales pipeline for different sales teams within the business using custom permission levels to ensure confidentiality without losing management oversight of activity. The ready-made Web-to-Leads html script gave us an instant solution to capturing leads from our website straight into Workbooks. The built in email templates can be used forward these leads to our clients.

Workbooks.com review by Dianne M.
Dianne M.

"I couldn't do my job without Workbooks"

What do you like best?

I like the powerful automated reporting feature that Workbooks gives me. Our sales team receives up to date daily reports on all sales activities and tasks that keep us all on our toes!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike, for me it delivers everything a CRM system should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Workbooks to other businesses looking for a flexible and powerful CRM platform. Our experience has been very positive and our business is wholly dependent on it.

From a business perspective, Workbooks gives me a global view on how all the sales channels are performing and where they are against target on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. This is important for me when considering where to invest in additional resources.

Workbooks.com review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Workbooks Review"

What do you like best?

The reporting tools offer a great insight into all areas of the business and so much can be done with them if the time is taken to set them up correctly.

The support staff are always very friendly and helpful if you have any problems or queries and the online forums, videos and FAQ are a great tool, especially for new starters to the business, We now include the training videos as part of their induction.

The automated processes save so much resource and are constantly being improved upon the more we get to know the system.

What do you dislike?

Our system is very slow at times, however we are aware that this is being looked into in order to help speed it up for our day to day use.

There are certain items even the admin user does not have the power to do e.g. delete contracts. This would be really useful as not being able to do this can make our figures appear incorrectly.

Reporting has made looking into our historical data much slicker, as well as giving us a great insight into our ROI and sales conversions.

Workbooks.com review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Powerful, user-friendly CRM"

What do you like best?

Adoption very easy, logical layouts and easy customization made implementation a breeze. Intuitive and powerful reporting makes data driven decisions quick and correct.

What do you dislike?

As a manufacturing business we will always rely on an MRP/ERP system as well as CRM.

Centralization of all data-Previously our data was spread across individual outlook clients and excel spreadsheets. Using Workbooks we have rationalized this and all users have access to all the data required when dealing with clients.

Workbooks.com review by Felicity V.
Felicity V.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Ability to link emails and documents to people. A variety of activity choices. We also like the new function of adding an additional email to record

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in the report function, if you have too man y columns they can't all appear on the screen.

For our own company we need a more reliable relationship with Event HQ and Workbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product, great support. As with any CRM as long as you input complete data you will reap the benefits.

We are exploring marketing campaigns, sales and streamlining the process using Workbooks. So far we can see that we can keep historical information on contact with leads which will then make further sales/ marketing campaigns much quicker.

Workbooks.com review by User in Computer Software

"Workbooks takes work just to look at!"

What do you like best?

I like setting a contact to watch so it always pops up first. I do this with my hottest leads so I can remember to touch base with them. In the activity feed it shows me what opportunities are still open and what leads I need to tend to. I also like how there is a field to track how this lead heard about our company so the marketing company can tell what is working and what is not working. There is advanced reporting in quickbooks that keeps tracks of all interactions which is nice for a sales team to have access to.

I also like how you can make the new opportunities look the exact way you would like it to look. You can take out information, add a logo, or implement new information in an opportunity.

What do you dislike?

There are many things that I do not like about quickbooks. There is too much power given to the system's admin vs. the user. For example, if a user creates an opportunity, they do not have the ability to edit once they post the opportunity. The user needs special permissions to edit their OWN work. That makes no sense to me. The opportunity that you create, should be yours to edit. If I sent my client the wrong opportunity and see that it is incorrect within a minute's time, I should be able to send my client a new opportunity without the hassle of my manager being involved.

I also don't like when you open an opportunity it asks you to put in the date it should close, that isn't always guaranteed and it is not needed for a field. I also do not like that if you want to add more fields to a lead, you have to pull your systems admin aside and have them add the field you'd like into the lead for you.

However, you can pass opportunities to other people without approval from a system's admin. That is so backwards to me. If anything, this is when a system's admin should be approving if that is allowed or not.

I don't like when you add contacts the different stages you can place them in is totally unnecessary to closing a sale. You can put them in as either positive or negatively support your business, but that doesn't ultimately matter when you're trying to close a sale. You can put down in the notes that Jake at the front desk doesn't like your business but it isn't needed as a field.

The product book is not useful

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Workbooks is too outdated. The interface is not easy to use and boring to look at. I like that there is a free option, but that's only free if you have only two users. You should look into Hubspot or Pipedrive instead!

Tried for a period of time to use it with the sales team I was on. It wasn't successful application.

Workbooks.com review by Kirsty W.
Kirsty W.

"Good people - Good training"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is not structured and the team are flexible.

What do you dislike?

That it comes across quite complicated and I think that there should be manuals specifically for section. For instance marketing, accounts etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to use the system offline. marketing courses offered.

Issues with quotations, reporting and general use. That it was not implemented right for various reasons, but that it is more versatile than I thought.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"All in one place"

What do you like best?

I use Workbooks on a daily basis. It's very straight forward to work through the different record types.

What do you dislike?

System is not yet fully functional on the mobile at the moment which would benefit our staff and their engagement greatly but it's on it's way.

Greater visibility for all members of staff

Workbooks.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Workbooks promises a lot but many advertised features are limited or require complex customisation"

What do you like best?

Consistent user interface;

Speed;

Powerful report functions;

What do you dislike?

Very limited email implementation;

Inability to search email content;

Limited case management feature (requires significant customisation);

Lacks basic features such as ability to merge cases;

Inability to change font sizes or customize display;

Fake Windows user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to get a trial before you commit to an expensive contract. If you have very specific requirements from a CRM then ensure that Workbooks delivers these requirements in practice. Be prepared to spend money on getting Workbooks to customise their product to your requirements - don't think that you can do this yourself.

Integration of sales and support customer databases and communications archive. After two years we are yet to fully realize the benefits of this.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"I would recommend "

What do you like best?

Workbooks.com has really helped to streamline our business in the sense that it has significantly increased our productivity and the performance of the business as a whole. Our sales have increased and and our operational cost as shrunk. What more can you ask for?! I find the workbooks to be very well priced.

What do you dislike?

i found that Workbooks integrates with a quite a few other software packages one of which being MailChimp. Perhaps that isnt really a bad thing but i found the whole process quite tricky to integrate. It wasnt as easy as i had thought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely worth giving a go.

I really appreciate the automated reports send out via email. They tell us of any potential new leads that we may have overlooked or missed that day therefore getting us valuable business that could have been missed. i also like the weekly management summaries automatically prompting us to review exceptions.

Workbooks.com review by Chelsey H.
Chelsey H.

"I use Workbooks everyday"

What do you like best?

Workbooks is easy to pick up. I have someone using it that is not tech savy and she was able to pick it up rather quickly. I am able to make sure each user sees everything they need to. Everything is clearly stated and organized.

What do you dislike?

The mobile tools/mobile user friendly could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well with any other browser other than Internet Explorer. If you are an Internet Explorer it will probably run a bit slow. Run great through Google Chrome.

The training was very easy. I can easily find a record or file by using the workbooks tools. It helps me sell!

Workbooks.com review by Alan I.
Alan I.

"Usefull CRM But Not for Everyone"

What do you like best?

Don't get me wrong it is a great CRM , they think end to end control of the chain with the customer , in fact they start with the client and end with the client , but it seems not quite integrable with other systems or data from another place.

From a technicall point of view is great to use or capabilitty of use MYSQL db

What do you dislike?

Lak of integration with oracle , is really confusing to get data from another place.

For latin america markets is not quite adjust to use full features , it seems to be design for other market les agilly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for european markets or US market in latin america is not quite usefull yet

Customer relations and how to implement marketing strategys for each customer.

Workbooks.com review by ashley r.
ashley r.

"I use workbooks.com in my direct sales business and it works well for me."

What do you like best?

I like best the how easily the site is navigated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the site lags a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free trial and take advantage of it. You will have 30 days to decide whether it is a good match for your business.

workbooks.com helps me to identify opportunities, close more deals and increase my income.

Workbooks.com review by Harriet D.
Harriet D.

"Extremely helpful and effective in assisting organisation"

What do you like best?

The wide range of areas you can tap into, it covers all aspects of the business e.g operations, finance, sales.

What do you dislike?

Once setting permissions that these cannot be revoked, the records shared can then not be restricted, only new records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get full training as there is so much to learn and some great features that may not seem that obvious if not pointed out.

Streamlining our sales process from lead to customer. I have realised that the whole process is possible through workbooks and can effectively be dealt with and activities shared between the team. Along with all targets and figures can be reported clearly.

Workbooks.com review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Workbooks Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Workbooks is highly customizable flexible product providing access to highly valuable data. It's a hand on system with full functionality for any small to mid sized sales force. It has a solid user interface with plenty of options for customization and configuring to specific business requirements. Workbooks is intuitive, their customer support is excellent. The team is very helpful in getting any issues resolved fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

Apart from occasional bugs there is not much to dislike. There is a lack of built in lead allocation functionality and the user interface is fairly traditional, and not as modern as some other products. I believe there is still a free trial available so it's definitely worth a look with no obligation.

The biggest benefit of this system is it helps to streamline the entire business process increasing productivity and performance through efficiency gains. This also helps reduce operational costs and increase business growth.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Intuitive "

What do you like best?

flexible with simple user amendments such as custom fields.

Supports sophisticated amendments with PHP scripts, triggers etc.

What do you dislike?

Minor gripes around UI especially the number of windows that end up opened.

Looks similar enough to a Windows environment to be easy to pick up, lacks one or two of the ease-of-use features within the Windows UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try a very thorough and concise piece of software integrating many aspects of contract and operations management enabling a virtually seemless catalogue of data from pre-sales to completion of order.

Lack of visibility with our pre-sales processes, particularly as items have long lead-times up to 18 months from contact to a sales order.

We would expect Workbooks to give us improved insight as to the state of the sales pipeline and, we gain more data, to provide us with a better understanding of the relationship to size/stages of pipeline to the sales orders.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Reliable, affordable and highly customizable CRM Solution"

What do you like best?

Customization at a high level if fully utilized! Ability to COPY records is seamless and scripting available to automate almost anything you can dream up. Price point is favorable although a strong move would be to allow monthly payment plans to compete not only on price point alone but also cash flow wise for small to medium size businesses. Helps with customer to vendor loyalty- and could be used as a talking point for your sales team to increase your conversions for those on edge about moving to Workbooks CRM.

What do you dislike?

You view tasks, check multiple and bulk update them. Widely available on other much less sophisticated CRM Software's. (i.e. if I and viewing all of today's tasks and I want to select 7 of the 30 tasks to bulk update the due date ahead two days I have to open each of them to do so...)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Options with regards to payment plans and more flexibility in BULK updating tasks.

Time management, capacity and accountability. Realized thousands in human capital savings.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Love the System, Love the Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Workbooks has been very intuitive. I did not receive any training before using it; however, I have hadn't had much difficulty using Workbooks. If I do not know how to do something, the help feature gives detailed and clear instructions on how complete a task. The few times I have had issues, the workbooks support has emailed back within 12 hours with an answer or solution. We did not purchase a support plan, but when we were having serious login and functional problems, our personal support representative gave us a call and worked with us until it was up and running again.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major complaints. There are a few features I updated, but I think it is just personal preference.

We had a lot of contacts on excel spreadsheets and we had an increasing amount of information we need to document and keep track of, and it was difficult to use an excel spreadsheet for this information without becoming very confused. Workbooks allowed to be organised and make sure no task fell threw the cracks and allowed us to document useful information.

Workbooks.com review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"A great asset to any business"

What do you like best?

The level of organisation and search capability

What do you dislike?

1 license per user means it too costly to have our entire business making contributions

Recommendations to others considering the product

run a trial and use live data

Level of cross sell potential from our existing clients (ie who knows who and/ or who should know who)

Workbooks.com review by Jane T.
Jane T.

"Workbooks what did we do without it?"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of building your own screen displays and reports. Quick to access records.

What do you dislike?

Due to lack of experience is sometimes takes longer than I would wish to create reports with the details I require.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the help, training videos and webinars they are most useful.

The customer support is more efficient as we can add so much more detail to the calls, including email information. We can produce more reports than before for both in house staff and customers. It makes us look more professional.

Workbooks.com review by Tassia A.
Tassia A.

"Generally brilliant!"

What do you like best?

I really love the simplicity of such a complex programme. It's very easy to use and navigate around.

It's very useful that this sort of programme can easily integrate with softwares such as Sage and that you can send emails through it.

Workbooks' marketing integration (reports and the like) are also very useful.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the length of time it can take to load up new screens - although that might just be our computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Workbooks does what you need it to, and it can integrate with other software that you might be using.

Workbooks makes it easy to record everything you need about a customer.

Workbooks.com review by Samantha R.
Samantha R.

"Workbooks seamlessly integrates into your business"

What do you like best?

Workbooks has been the perfect tool for organising our client and customer information. Now that we have all of our information in one, easily accessible database, we are assured that everyone within the business is viewing the most current and updated version. Not only this, but as we have been recently wanting to increase our number of clients, it has proved perfect for organising mailshot campaigns. This can also work alongside Mailchimp, a third party company that specialises in mailshot building and post mail reports. We've been able to connect more with the people who love to see what we're are doing in the company, and therefore building those all important relationships.

What do you dislike?

I found the learning curve a little steep, and occasionally thought that certain options and configurations were not made clear. Though as soon as you dedicate enough time learning the software it's a breeze to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Workbooks.com to any business. If you are a new company, or a large longstanding company I would still suggest using Workbooks to see how it can integrate so seamlessly into your business, or the business you work in.

Primarily in my company we use Workbooks to organise our customer and client base. It has allowed us to easily view them all in one single place, and others can edit and amend data, without the worry of someone having an older or incorrect version.

Workbooks.com review by Nikki T.
Nikki T.

"Client contact book"

What do you like best?

I like the way it looks, quite a pleasant interface when you first open it.

It is relatively easy to use. When entering client/contact details it is highlighted which areas you need to fill in to complete your entry.

The campaign tool is very useful for marketing external and even internal events. We are able to ensure that our marketing campaigns reach out to all our clients, prospects and contacts. I am also able to use this for internal events which saves having to set up a new email group every time I need to send an update on an event.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't search by word parts. I have to type in exactly what I want, so I am unsure on the full name of a campaign it is difficult to find. I have not been using this long though so its possible that there is a better way to search and I am not yet aware of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a product that can keep all your client information/meetings and campaign information in one place then this is the product for you.

Our business often has clients that use a range of our services. It is therefore useful to have a communication tool such as this to easily find out when people are going out to meetings with clients/contacts and to ensure there is no overlap or duplication.

This is also great for setting up events internal and external, once set up with all the people going it can also be used for future events so there is an easily accessible record of who attends what events.

Workbooks.com review by James P.
James P.

"Workbooks.com - Customised CRM system"

What do you like best?

After reviewing a number of CRM systems we chose workbooks due to the ease of implementation to our business. Being cloud based we didn't need any additional servers or software on our machines. The customisation was a breeze and allowed us to turn on and off as many features as we needed for our business and was essentially up and running in a matter of hours. Being cloud based we can access it anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version is a little limiting and maybe a dedicated app would work better. There are also only a select few emarketing systems which worksbooks integrates with but maybe this will increase in the future. Templates can also be an issue as if you have a number set up any changes have to be replicated in all of them but is easy once you have edited a few.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a demo and also use an expert for implementation and customisation

Improving communications between opportunities and sales and ensuring all enquires are fully followed up. Also assisted us with customer retention activities

Workbooks.com review by David A.
David A.

"Providing IT Support Services to our clients, using Workbooks CASE and Contract Management"

What do you like best?

Workbooks has really integrated well into our business and has allowed us to easily and quickly capture our notes and actions when support our customers.

We utilise the CASE and CONTRACT Management components of Workbooks but the best component for me is the Outlook Connector. This simplifies the way I can save all email correspondance that comes into the business into one central database, for all of my staff to view and respond to.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to see some further development into the Smart Phone or Tablet app for Workbooks, as this would help us gain access to more information when we are out and about. There are some good features on the browser that could work well for us if they came across into the Smart APP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are struggling with Email management - Workbooks is ideal

If you to capture your sales cycle and easily save your notes and emails to prospect clients, Workbooks will work for you.

Simple, Easy and Effective.

Capturing data into one location by making full use of the Outlook Connector. Customer corresondance in email files is a nightmare to manage and does not easily allow you to pass cases between users.

Workbooks.com review by Darren T.
Darren T.

"A highly recommended CRM solution for your business"

What do you like best?

The performance of the system in particular, ease of data management and the integrations with mail clients.

What do you dislike?

The layout and interface is slightly dated and could do with being modernised, but understandably this is challenging for a system as sophisticated as Workbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a one-stop provider of excellent customer database software, Workbooks is essential for the smooth operation of any business.

Being able to create multiple reports for our marketing campaigns, so the data is automatically synchronised with our mail clients saves precious time and resource.

Workbooks.com review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Quality CRM"

What do you like best?

It was a very easy to use cloud base CRM. The ease of use is a huge pro. I loved being able to customize it as well. It synced with google calendar.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite thing about workbooks.com was the price point. It is a high quality system but it's not as economical as other CRMs. The free plan is good alternative though it isn't as extensive as the expensive plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give the free trail version a try. Worth the effort. If you have the money to buy it, do. Worth it. 9/10

We used it to solve the email management issues, which were rampant in the office. It was a great tool for sales and marketing, which is what it's meant for. I give it a 9/10

Workbooks.com review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"My experience with Workbooks"

What do you like best?

The application with Workbooks is very intuitive and will help you get the job done. It's not hard to understand what you need to do, and where to go to do it. This app helps process much data and makes your sales job easier.

What do you dislike?

Workbooks has functions that seem outdated, and a design that looks like it came straight from Windows vista.

Workbooks just helps me to organize my sales and records. Not much benefit other than being digital.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"A good experience"

What do you like best?

I like that there are links to help and videos. I also like that although slightly complicated a non-IT qualified person can get stuck into it.

What do you dislike?

Setting up templates is not easy. Always having to go into HTML to ensure the formatting has not changed. i.e. the font, size etc.

When editing a template, looking at it on screen sometimes looks totally different to when you use the template.

I also have had difficulty in setting up signatures so they do not appear huge. As we don't have fancy arty software at work, when I try to reduce the size using standard Microsoft software, the signatures are blurry.

Very good with reporting, reminders, autofill templates.

Workbooks.com review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Workbooks Revew - Quick, efficient, retrievable data."

What do you like best?

I use Workbooks to record all Leads and Cases that come into the Company 0800 number The system is great as it is easy to record callers details.

It is good that from creating a Lead that the person and organisation are also created, which saves time having to then create theses separately.

We can chase Cases eg Certificates not received. We are able to look into the record while the caller is on the phone and provide them the most up to date information (providing the person responsible has updated this in a timely fashion)

What do you dislike?

Users being able to put Activities within activities eg. may have called a site on 2.6.15 then called them again 5.6.15 but if they don't include dates and details then it is difficult to decipher.

I have used another CRM system in the past which had a breakdown page of what jobs you had, if they were on time, what was outstanding. This was done in the form of a traffic light system eg Green (Current), Amber (Close to due date), Red (Overdue). I personally found this visual board ideal as I could click straight into the records and do something with them there and then. If records were red they would be flagged to your Supervisor/Manager. With the Workbooks system people can simply dismiss their notifications and then forget to go into them.

Also only one person can be assigned a record at any one time.

With everything being on one system, saves duplication and time. From our point of view it means that we can look up a learner, employer or site and see if we are in that site, what is happening within that site. We can chase certificates and solve any issues that may arise.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Strong software with great potential & fantastic support team"

What do you like best?

I have found Workbooks to be a reliable, no nonsense product with pretty strong customisation options. Where the company excels, in my opinion, is the support team which due to an integration project with HubSpot, has taken a huge number of calls from me in the past weeks on a range of different issues.

The issues are always dealt with quickly and where an issue has not been resolved, a suitable work around has been provided which has not affected our company processes. That and the fact it is a UK based support team does make that difference.

As a non administrator, Workbooks is intuitive and easy to navigate. As an admin, it has strong customisation and potential integration options.

What do you dislike?

I have found that more detailed integration with HubSpot has been an issue. The integration stops at the sales lead stage and as Workbooks closes leads once converted, you essentially lose any further connection between what is now an Opportunity / Person and the HubSpot contact.

In using a product like HubSpot and the versatility it has, it has shown that links and dependencies between Workbooks fields could be more 'user friendly' for non-developers and that record customisation options and form layouts could be more intuitive.

The integration to HubSpot could have more depth in terms of what information passes from HubSpot into which Workbooks records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks can be a powerful tool but needs a little time to understand if you want to create a completely bespoke system. If you have developers available, I can imagine the power Workbooks would increase by a huge amount.

Any training as well as advanced training available to your team would be fully recommended as once you start to understand how to adapt Workbooks, things really open up.

I have been dealing with business processes within our company and adapting them to our Workbooks / HubSpot system. Workbooks is strong enough and versatile enough to be able to work around any issues that have been created, but it has been the support team that has made this possible.

Having that support there and having such speedy resolution to problems has made things much easier.

Once fully understood, Workbooks could be a hugely versatile product. Admittedly, I have more to learn!

Workbooks.com review by Jeffrey G.
Jeffrey G.

"Workbooks CRM - Customization Properties are Amazing"

What do you like best?

I like Workbook's ability to provide its customers with amazing customization processes and options. In addition the support is top of the line. Our entire business is ran off of this product, but only because it has so many custom features. We never want to leave!.

In addition to the custom fields, WB also offers a semi-broad line of developers who can help automate everything.

Reporting features are extremely in depth

What do you dislike?

WB lacks the ability to edit supply schemes and pricing schemes so that you can insert custom fields. This is not particularly an issue with other businesses, our business just happens to never fit in the same "box" as every one else's (everything has to be build custom.

I really wish WB offered more with its integration with sales platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know how to build custom fields and have a broad understanding of back-end functions.

We are automating most everything with scripts. Because WB offers such an amazing array of custom fields options I am able to report and script most everything in the business.

Workbooks.com review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Membership recruitment"

What do you like best?

Workbooks is excellent for tracking the full sales journey. I book the initial appointment and task it to one of my Area Managers, they are then able to task others including myself following the appointment to ensure promises made at the meeting are delivered. Everyone in the organisation is then able to track the process and report on the outcome easily.

What do you dislike?

Workbooks doesn't currently have an I-phone app which is disappointing as our team all work off I-phones and I-pads, but I think this is in development so hopefully will be fixed soon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whilst workbooks is clearly an off the shelf product, it can easily be adapted to suit the needs of your own business. Workbooks offer consultancy work to perform much of this for you or can train an administrator so you can do it in house

Recruitment of new members pre-workbooks was done on spread sheets which resulted in lack of visibility across the group and duplication. This has now been resolved

Workbooks.com review by Lesley H.
Lesley H.

"Enables me to manage and promote sales within my business"

What do you like best?

It is straight forward to use and it is flexible enough to personalise to suit my business requirements. I can plan in advance and know exactly what I need to do each day. My team can up date me so I have all the information required to make a good sales proposal

I can prioritize my business and I can blacklist any clients that I know longer want to work with.

I work with another sales and marketing company ad it allows me to manage their leads with easy which gives me up to date information

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is when my internet connection is not great. It can then work too slow for my liking.

I would like more of my staff to have access to it. It will take another couple of months to justify the cost of a licence to allow us to buy more for the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to learn to manage your sales leads and business definitely look at Workbooks!

It solves lack of sales leads and also any duplication. It enables staff on the road to push through leads direct through to me with the App. Clients are communicated with more effectively which gives us a better chance of success with our sales. I have now recruited a Business consultant as a result of using Workbooks and I can performance manage them using all of the reporting tools.

Workbooks.com review by Joel C.
Joel C.

"Brilliant CRM System, Customizable, Shear elegance"

What do you like best?

The layout and structure from the get go is simple and easy to use, very simplistic , very easy. cannot be faulted at all.

What do you dislike?

Interface is quite boring, sometimes there are rare cases of lagging but this is expected in a system, my biggest recommendation would be to simply update the gui , make it more user friendly in the way it looks, i like to look at a piece of software and think that should be easier than it actually is. and this software does highlight this but to only some extent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplicity is the key, the key is workbooks.

CRM enables you to focus on your organisation’s relationships with individual people – whether those are customers,service users, colleagues or suppliers. Some of the biggest gains in productivity can come from moving beyond CRM as a sales and marketing tool and embedding it in your business – from HR to customer services and supplychain management. This is why it cannot be faulted, it is complete and utter perfection which cannot be argued with .

Workbooks.com review by Rachel J.
Rachel J.

"Workbooks review"

What do you like best?

The ease of functionality and organisation I can have on the product. I also like the lists I can watch and filters to segment data.

What do you dislike?

Once I have completed an order form, I cannot go back and edit anything I have to do a whole new form. This means I can waste time and it becomes difficult to see which orders are live and which are cancelled

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a user friendly system to use and can be easily picked up by novices and can also be adapted to your own specific needs within the business

I have saved a lot of time using workbooks as it is easy for me to book meetings by segmenting data. It also keeps me organised and I don't forget anything important!

Workbooks.com review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Easy to use CRM System"

What do you like best?

The ease of searching for information, and being able to filter down by specific types of records really helps save time as part of my role. Workbooks, is easy to use, and the online resources are very helpful, and give you a good overview of how the CRM system works. The report section is so useful and is a nice way to present information to colleges.

What do you dislike?

There isnt a huge amount to dislike, there are the occasional bugs, which can be frustrating, however the support team will always look into the issues for us in a timely manner.

There were, and with any new data systems, some migration problems,but we managed to work together with workbooks to find the best solution.

Keeping on top of membership applications, chasing membership fees and general invoices. Workbooks has a very effective way of ensuring we can build reports and check the status of these particular business areas.

Workbooks.com review by Hernan G.
Hernan G.

"Workbooks CRM"

What do you like best?

Creating opportunities, contact and companies from Leads is very quick - much better than some other CRMs, and also the overall user experience is intuitive and efficient.

The reporting tool is another solid aspect of Workbooks as it allows the user tailor the CRM to their personal workflow, not the other way round.

What do you dislike?

All items in reports are hyper-linked by default so, for example, if I just want to highlight the email of a contact to copy it, the CRM automatically opens the entire contact info of that person. The same happens with opportunities, etc and it's quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend it. As someone who used Salesforce for many years I think Workbooks is just as good or better.

It's used to increase the accuracy of the sales pipeline and to keep track of the business performance.

Workbooks is successfully helping us deliver that.

Workbooks.com review by Rob A.
Rob A.

"Workbook and support"

What do you like best?

Datatank have been using Workbooks for the past 12 months and utilise the Outlook connector to synchronise e-mails to share information within Workbooks across the Sales and Operations teams. I encountered a problem which prevented the sync. process from completing and had to raise a support call. Alex Ramshaw - Workbooks Customer Support Analyst dialled in from remote and following a thorough analysis recommended a series of steps to rectify the problem. Despite a minor blip towards the end all is now working as it should be. This is an example of Customer Support and Service as it should be :-)

Rob Andrews Business Development Manager - Datatank Nottingham

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything within the functionality that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very competitively priced and "does what it says on the tin"

N/A

Workbooks.com review by Alistair W.
Alistair W.

"Very easy to configure and rollout. Workbooks works!"

What do you like best?

Workbooks has been easy to configure and we've put it good use straight away.

We like the way that there are lots of options to configure out of the box and LOTS of features that we can use. We've implemented an integration with Mailchimp without any additional costs or hassle.

The support at Worksbooks has been top notch - both in terms of the staff we talk to, but also the Knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

The user interface (while practical) is starting to look a little dated. I wonder if there will be plans to update it to a more modern UI?

We have two main aims when looking for a CRM system:

1 - better manage and organise our sales and marketing processes

2 - a companywide contact list so that all our staff could work off the same list and maintain it together

Workbooks.com review by Sarah P.
Sarah P.

"WorkBooks CRM"

What do you like best?

Great functionality, reporting, ability to integrate the CRM data to create marketing campaigns and integrate with API key to my chosen e-marketing platform.

What do you dislike?

My main dislike is that I'd like to have a better understanding of the Reporting function. There is a great help section / Knowledge Base which I use to dip in and out of to find answers and if I don't have any joy there I will contact the support team who provide help and guidance.

I use WorkBooks to integrate my Marketing Campaigns to Mailchimp which works well for me. Any teething problems I have had have been resolved in a timely manner by a very dedicated team in technical support who are always happy to help.

Workbooks.com review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

I love how convenient this product is, and how easy it is for people who are new business managers to navigate through it. i like that i am able to save invoices and send frOm this program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that often times i am unable to find things tjat i try to save, and sometimes when i try to email the email appears differently to the person recieving the email then the way it appears to me (the sender).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes it is a great option

I am feeling more organized and professional using this product, and have realized a company. benefits from being organized

Workbooks.com review by Nora H.
Nora H.

"Workbooks amendment assistance"

What do you like best?

The assistance of all workbooks staff, and Alasdair with this query, is always useful...if this is to understand if the question is not able to be solved by me as administrator or if this is something we need to receive a cost before approving work. Also, the fact that Alasdair picked up the phone and called can often solve queries a lot faster instead of via email. This was a big help to me!

What do you dislike?

Not fully understanding how to create a report with a graoh in workbooks as this woul dhelp me improve my MI.

The amendment to the customer invoice & credit note whereby we needed to update the company logo appaering as this showed the wrong website and telephone number; and also the footer needed to have the registered address updated. Knowing I can do this myself, and how easy it was, means this is a self-serving tool.

Workbooks.com review by Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.

"Brilliant customer service"

What do you like best?

I love the support I get from the Workbooks support team. They have a really lovely team who respond quickly, which makes them a pleasure to deal with.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the occasional bugs which show up in the system, although these are often quickly fixed by the Workbooks team.

I also dislike that we are not able to create supplier orders without creating an invoice first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the training videos, they are very helpful.

Don't be afraid to try out reporting, it will revolutionise your working life!

We are helping to solve capacity issues by logging and monitoring tasks on Workbooks.

We have realised that we can run our client loyalty programme from Workbooks by creating various reports and campaign lists.

Workbooks.com review by Depak P.
Depak P.

"A great CRM"

What do you like best?

The layout, structure and the fact it can be edited to our requirements.. It is very user friendly, and this makes it a joy to use! Oh and it helps that you have a kind of Windows vibe with the desktop they provide.

What do you dislike?

We have come across a few bugs, which have been noted and reported. But that would be the most hated things about Workbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Steep learning curve, be prepared. Check out ALL aspects of Workbooks to fully understand what it can do, as you might be able to utilise more of the application, rather than just covering the points you need to tick off.

Having worked with Salesforce to keep all of our documents in the right place and track contracts, Workbooks has picked up the gauntlet in true British fashion. It works really well, all departments can now communicate together, and this improves visibility to all for any contract currently being worked on. Everything simply works from the reporting tools to the dashboards. This is by far one of the best company decisions we have made. The benefits of being able to use scripts means you can automate certain things, this is currently being worked on, but it's a great feature to have available.

Workbooks.com review by Lorna B.
Lorna B.

"Superb software!"

What do you like best?

Happily just renewed for another 12months and can still confirm Workbooks has been a dream since the original installation a number of years ago in their infancy; it is intuitive, easy to use and invaluable for the day to day running of my previous business and my current one. The team are professional and helpful and the service has never experienced any issues from a connectivity point of view so I am safe knowing my data is safe and easily accessible anywhere in the world which is helpful when running a small business and you need constant access wherever you are. 10 out of 10 Workbooks.

What do you dislike?

Ideally an inbuilt program for exporting invoices etc. into accounting systems such as Sage maybe useful, however this is achievable via a 3rd party plugin therefore not a great hindrance! I am lucky enough not to have to do this so my processes are quick and easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We previously tried to function using ACT! which was a nightmare. It kept crashing and there was no easy visibility of the workforce as a whole and no way of following opportunities accurately with minimal reporting possibilities. Transferring to Workbooks was relatively simple, the training was thorough and concise and the team worked seamlessly with us to enable our documents and reports to perfect for us. The sales process from lead generation to converting opportunities is second to none and invoice creation is quick and easy. Combined with the fact you can work anywhere with an internet connection makes mobile working effortless which is paramount as a working mother!! My job could not be as easy as it is without this software. I can quickly look up records, history, pricing and calculate profit margins and turnover in a few clicks - fundamental for running a business. All in all I love Workbooks and would strongly recommend it to any organisation.

Fluidity and time saving are key. I like the fact quotes are linked to orders and in turn PO's and invoices. You can relate multiple organisations together and contacts. This makes searching easier and quicker. I would be lost without Workbooks!

Workbooks.com review by Ruby U.
Ruby U.

"Simple to use "

What do you like best?

Workbooks is able to integrate with our CMS and works fluidly in providing us the information we need. We have build up an extensive list of leads and have an automated method for leads to move over from our CMS to workbooks. Once in workbooks we are able to go as deep as needed building organisation profiles and tracking everything from meetings, to when we called them and what the next step is.

What do you dislike?

Workbooks can be a little confusing sometimes when importing lists of leads we have received from events we have attended. I think this is mainly because I haven't spent enough time learning how to use workbooks efficiently.

Workbooks removes the middle man for us - having an automated link from our CRM to workbooks and all the information in one place. It allows us to keep track of our revenue through different channels and what our targets are based on the last year.

Workbooks.com review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Intuitive and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like the organization and customization options. You can mange customers by Person, Organization, Lead, or Opportunity. Also within these categories you are able to customize fields which is great so we can be specific with details about each customer depending on which one of our products they are interested in.

What do you dislike?

At first it seemed to be overwhelming since there are so many capabilities. With a little time we were able to decide what works for our team and how we wanted to track things in this CRM. Now it is easy to navigate. But there are still so many capabilities we are not using and haven't explored yet.

Keeping track of all Leads and Opportunities in our sales funnel is important. With workbooks we are able to clearly label where people are in this funnel and focus our efforts more specifically. Another benefit of keeping track in this software is a manager can easily follow the sales activities and updates for their entire team easily.

Workbooks.com review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"Flexible but with restrictions."

What do you like best?

The ability to customise input fields to your needs

What do you dislike?

Workbooks not have some of the basics right, (i.e case handling) not as goods as other packages.

We didn't have a CRM system prior to Workbooks, we now have a centralised customer focus database.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Not Going To Uni sees licence costs halved and higher retention rates since moving to Workbooks CRM"

What do you like best?

The move from Salesforce to Workbooks went well – despite the need to merge three databases into one to support the expanded business and the migration of 20,000 contacts and 10,000 records, as well as the finance information from the old system. “Workbooks worked really well with us to identify the risks associated with data migration and deduplication and the integration of Sage – we were really pleased with the outcome.

What do you dislike?

Is not great interface on mobile platforms and would like to see a native app to improve the experience for staff members that are on the road.

In the past there was a big risk of duplication of effort. Workbooks has removed that problem completely by allowing us to link clients and agencies together for the first time. We now know with 100% confidence what is going on in any account at any one time; we know who is talking to the agency and who is talking to the client – there is no risk of overlap or miscommunication, or wasted effort due to two people chasing after the same account

Workbooks.com review by Jackie H.
Jackie H.

"It is great and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's definitely helped to increase sales as well as the ease of tracking everything. Very easy to work with and understand once you got the hang of the program.

What do you dislike?

Like I said it was easy to understand but it a little bit to get use to the whole set up.

It definitely helped to create a better customer service because it was all kept together and organized.

Workbooks.com review by Peter D.
Peter D.

"Very flexible product. Excellent support. "

What do you like best?

WB allows for easy customisation with little formal developer knowledge required. The reporting features are powerful and flexible, with the ability to create custom reports quickly and easily. The support service is reliable, fast and friendly.

API capabilities are extensive.

What do you dislike?

Some types of reports are not possible.

Some users find the UI a bit clunky.

Conditional formatting in reports is not supported. I'd like to replace many accounting documents we have in excel with WB reports but can't reproduce some key excel functionality, e.g. conditional formatting.

Creating complex reports for someone with no previous SQL knowledge could be made easier with more detailed SQL function syntax help. There is some offered but this could be improved.

Replacing local excel reporting spreadsheets with cloud based, always up-to-date reports.

Centralising reports on customer spend across all products in the business, providing much more visibility of our business.

Central database of customers.

Workbooks.com review by Nigel T.
Nigel T.

"Workbooks: Simple, Cost Effective and very easy to get users up to speed"

What do you like best?

I really like the way in which you have full control and customisation of contact records which is easy to do one you have an understanding of the platform.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything I don't like other than my ability to understand scripts and everything that works in the background. I suppose if I was disliking anything I would maybe suggest that there is a need for a system administrator which if you are a small company which doesn't have an IT dept you could be looking at higher support costs.

Secondly, the structure and formatting of the email templates send from workbooks seems a little odd sometimes to the recipient, but if you structure these in html I don;'t think you'll have an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, you won't look back and it works out far easier to get up and running than you might think!

I try to solve as much as possible with the CRM and it's really made a difference to our Administration

Workbooks.com review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Saves me time"

What do you like best?

This has saved me so much time re GDPR compliance and managing marketing strategies. It is a type of software that I have not been particularly familiar with but after the initial learning curve I have found that it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike really although I did find it a steep learning curve but that is more down to my inexperience. Anyone new, I would recommend taking your time to familiarise yourself with the many different aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will be surprised at its ease of integration

Targeted marketing

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Workbooks CRM is the best out there! "

What do you like best?

The ease of use! Not only is the software incredibly easy to find your way around and learn how to use it, but the technicians that helped us every step of the way made it even easier!

What do you dislike?

There isnt much I dislike about Workbooks CRM but if I had to choose something it would be the appearance of the software interface. However the function does make up for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't go wrong, give it a try!

We are using Workbooks to better track are revenue and identify opportunities to maximise growth. It's really helping us achieve our goals!

Workbooks.com review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The best CRM I have ever used"

What do you like best?

With just a few easy steps, you can perform what would normally be complex tasks, including filters, dashboards and reports

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to see the ability to have multiple contacts visible for the same organisation

Recommendations to others considering the product

The functionality combined with the ease of use has revolutionised how we deal with both customers and clients. Many manual processes have now been replaced with an automated solution that has vastly improved our own performance.

Personally, I use Workbooks to focus my sales activity. Some other CRM systems that I have used over the years have required the entry of complicated instructions. Workbooks' uses a simple and instinctive method to be able to ensure you are looking at the relevant records

Workbooks.com review by Joanna C.
Joanna C.

"Tailored to fit your needs and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Workbooks can be tailored to fit organisations, it is easy to use (by users) and because it is online, it can be accessed from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

As an administrator, I find it difficult to get into the bottom of some features in Workbooks. There is not enough info to do everything in-house, so the use of Support is often required. As an administrator, I had to go through a training course, which (I am only finding out now) was nowhere near enough to be able to freely update the layouts and use Workbooks to its full potential. Every time a user has a suggestion, it can take a while to figure the solution out. Even though Keith has been very helpful and tries his best to help us, I wish I had a better training and understanding of Workbooks to be able to solve the issues my organisation has by myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a larger organisation with other systems in place and need to link them to Workbooks or vice versa, Workbooks may not be an ideal solution for you, unless you spend a lot of time working it out. However, Workbooks is a great system if you are a small to medium enterprise. It is not the easiest to set up, but very easy to use. If you need a system to communicate with other departments, quote from, record opportunities, report from and have a database with all your clients, it is a very good system and does the job really well. The price is also very competitive.

Several commercial services are offered by different departments, who are never communicated with each other. Since implementation of Workbooks; we can see what opportunities are currently being developed, what clients we have and how much profit we could generate. We can quote from Workbooks and by using cases we can record all phone calls and emails coming our way.

Workbooks.com review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Pros and Cons"

What do you like best?

Excellent resource planning and project management. Very good summary information for PMs and it's easy to use. HTML interface is much better than Silverlight now.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the reports are unclear, where figures are derived from. There are too many of them to be of real use. It would be great if reports were tailored to company requirements as part of set up.

With Workbooks I am able to create and hold more secure data than I could with my previous provider. I am also able to prevent customers from changing secure data.

Workbooks.com review by Clive P.
Clive P.

"Very dynamic and fitted solution which is perfect for our needs"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the reporting tools, sales process and speed of the system. The heaviest use of the CRM system for me is the Pipeline tracking, the reporting on this and closed business and the lead to order process and through to Invoicing. It certainly makes the speed of the quotation process fast and Dynamic, but most of all keep it looking professional.

What do you dislike?

limitations on quotations and the regimented way in which you need to produce the quote or proposal in a formatted way. Therefore there would be elements I would change here. Personally, it you have the ability to design a template on the system, this would be very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend Workbooks to other businesses given how easy the product can be set up and how dynamic it can be for a lower cost than some of the other more mainstream vendors. It's a versatile piece of software that we utilise every day for a wide spectrum of areas.

The ease of keeping track of delegates through reporting tools and clever designed templates that you can view in the dashboards. admittedly it would be great if you can have a template set up and for it to be replicated for each of the subsequent quarters at a click of a button. Although still I feel we have a much better system in place now that we are using Workbooks for this element of the business.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"A highly customisable workflow solution"

What do you like best?

We use multiple platforms to manage our business -trading/front office - middle and back office - as such we require a good degree of interconnectivity between these systems and our CRM. the customisable nature of Workbooks not only allows this, but allows us to do it ourselves, which saves time and money in the development of our systems

What do you dislike?

We can only have two support contacts for free, which means that if we do need help these requests have to go through two people, rather than allowing our department heads more autonomy - I see why Workbooks do this, but it can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

instead of focusing on what Workbooks can do Vs. an existing CRM, think about what youwould like to have in an ideal world and I'd be confident that Workbooks can be configured accordingly.

Workflow across different departments and centralised data reporting.

we are able to see exactly where the business is at any moment in time, from a top level overview down to very granular enquiries

Workbooks.com review by User

"User Friendly and Great for Organization"

What do you like best?

Workbooks is among one of the most user friendly CRMs that I have used. It allows you to keep all of your info in one place. They also have a great support staff for quick responses to questions you may have

What do you dislike?

The search function could be more accurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it

I have never been more organized

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"We switched to Workbooks 18 months ago and we're very happy with our choice"

What do you like best?

Having trialled several in the market place, we chose Workbooks as the layout of the data is easy to understand, plus searching, filtering and reporting are also very simple. The team at Workbooks were very professional and supportive during the migration of our data from our old database and are always fast to respond to any queries we have.

What do you dislike?

That's a hard one, there are so many features and configs available. In the Transactions tab I would like the view to display some of our custom fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the expertise of the Workbooks staff, ask lots of questions and think carefully about how you want to use/configure the system, ensuring it is as simple as possible for your users - that way they will on-board faster and use it more.

We use Workbooks to aid sales/support in keeping in touch with our existing customer base and to drive new sales through the use of Leads, Activities and Opportunities. All staff find Workbooks easy to use, the transition from our old database was very quick. All the data is at your finger tips, whether its an email address list for an eblast, a forecast list for management or a list of customers owning a certain product, and rarely do I need to extract to Excel to manipulate the data further.

Workbooks.com review by User in International Trade and Development
User in International Trade and Development

"Workbooks is a simple & effective CRM"

What do you like best?

Workbooks is simple, easy to use, has a good interface and is good value.

What do you dislike?

The integration with other systems, such as eventbrite/mailchimp/survey monkey etc could be improved. Also, the speed of the system, so jumping between different displays could be smoother.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks is very simple to use. I have used many CRM systems, and all others are very confusing and messy. Workbooks does everything that is needed, and is always looking to improve and takes the feedback from it's users on board. It's also fairly well priced.

Our CRM is crucial to our business model and Workbooks is a simple way to maintain all our contacts. The email storage system is very useful within the contact section, and the reporting function is very helpful too, also the fact that your reports are saved is helpful.

Workbooks.com review by Gareth P.
Gareth P.

"Excellent CRM solution that does what we need it to do"

What do you like best?

We have recently migrated from an Access database to Workbooks and researched many of the main players in the market. At the end of this process we decided to go with Workbooks over SalesForce as Workbooks is very easy to customise and manage ourselves, without having to go through resellers or agents, it does what we want and was good value for money.

So far it has met and bettered our expectations. The support received from our developer (Workbooks employee) has been excellent and he has taken the time to really understand our business and what we need / don't need from a CRM system. The training we've received also means we're confident in making most of the changes we require ourselves.

Although we're only a recent user of Workbooks we have been very very impressed with it flexibility and the insight it gives us into our data both from a new business and also existing client basis.

What do you dislike?

We're not quite finished with the development process so there are still the odd issue or two being resolved but these are always dealt with quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent system that I'd recommend to any business

We now have much better visibility on our data and have already improved our business processes as a result.

As small example of where Workbooks has saved us time and money is we recently needed to reassign approx 500 accounts to a new manager. With Access this would have taken approx 1 day. With Workbooks it took 1min 20 seconds (I timed it, sorry!) and when we do it again it will take half this time as we'd never done it before so wanted to double check we had it right.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Workbooks CRM"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of this CRM system as it is customizable. I also enjoy their availability

What do you dislike?

The API insertion is something that has been challenging for us because of cost & complexity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to identify what your needs and expectations are in order to get the appropriate solution. Also implementing too many features too soon may not be ideal. It takes time to fully appreciate the value of a CRM, Workbooks is certainly satisfying in many ways and the ongoing development of the system is a sign of their desire to improve consistently.

Because of the nature of our organisation, we use our CRM in a peculiar way which Workbooks has been able to accomodate this.

Import/Export

Reporting

Workbooks.com review by John H.
John H.

"Simple CRM, Integration and excellent customer service."

What do you like best?

I liked the way Workbooks can be tailored in-house with ease. This allows customization of landing pages and various other features to ensure a user friendly interface

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike really, as we build the system according to our taste. Integration with more 3rd party apps and software is always a bonus, so more of this would be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage as early as possible with your own internal stakeholders. Getting Buy-in is key. Workbooks will take care of the rest from a software point of view.

Improving visibility and measuring previously unquantifiable activities.