Workbooks.com

Workbooks.com delivers an intuitive, fast to implement CRM that empowers small to mid-size organisations.

Work for Workbooks.com?

Learning about Workbooks.com?

Workbooks.com Reviews

Ask Workbooks.com a Question
Showing 386 Workbooks.com reviews
Workbooks.com review by Carl B.
Carl B.

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I like the level of bespoke care given to our business. We have taken advantage of the CS+ package where Workbooks allocate additional hours for support and development but even their standard level of care is excellent. Their onsite technical support has also been of exceptional quality in my experience.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike - any tech issues/improvements customers have can be voted up on their forum and will be addressed by their tech teams. It would perhaps be beneficial for the sales team to have a higher degree of tech literacy so that many different types of enquiry can be handled with a single call but this is a minor gripe considering just how good the technical team is.

We are streamlining our fee renewal processes, our ability to report and are branching out into marketing campaigns. Workbooks is excellent for integration with mail clients and surveys allowing for a granular level of detail recorded in real time on customer records. We are also hoping to roll out their customer service system of ticketing and priority categorisation very soon.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workbooks.com
Workbooks.com review by Pradeep H.
Pradeep H.

"Wonderful CRM software"

What do you like best?

Support: Workbooks have a very strong and capable support team which really helps outweigh any of the slightly frustrating areas of the CRM. They are very quick to respond via email and very few problems taking longer than a single phone call to resolve. Capability / Flexibility: The system is extremely flexible. It allows a huge amount of different areas of the business to be logged, controlled and reported on. Some CRM systems can deal with lead tracking and customer tracking, but Workbooks very easily deals with this as well as all financial areas of the business sales orders, invoicing, purchasing and more. `Single Platform: linked to its flexibility, Workbooks, with the introduction of the Web Insights and Email Marketing platforms is able to deal with a contact end to end, from warming a lead up, to delivering a product once they have become a customer and then their journey via support and account management. Reporting: The reporting engine is so powerful that you can create virtually anything you can think of. I have only found one thing when creating reports that I wasn't able to do, even then it was a nice to have. Once you understand how the platform works, it becomes an invaluable tool.

What do you dislike?

Capability / Flexibility: Although this is in the pros, it is not without its frustrations. The flexibility of the platform, in particular 'how' you make it fit what you need, also makes it difficult to understand. It is not immediately intuitive to customize and if you add modules after using it for some time, (like the advanced security) it can be extremely painful. Some areas of the platform seem overly convoluted and often either need the help of their support team (who are excellent) or sometimes a consultant which comes at extra cost. Reporting: Again, as the reporting engine is so powerful it creates its own downside due to being unintuitive and even with some understanding difficult to understand. You cannot simply open a new blank report and create even simple reporting without having some idea of the logic behind how it works. A number of other CRM's allow you create 'general' reports far easier due to a more simple interface but they lack the power. I think there are areas where the platform could be easier to use and therefore create some frustrations but if you are aware that you need to have training and understanding in how the platform works first, you will have a versatile and powerful tool for your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this software for those who are looking to implement CRM in their business

I am not using for business. But I am using it to manage my peers and their progress in research.

What CRM solution do you use?

Workbooks.com review by Abigail D.
Abigail D.

"Workbooks is user friendly, and adaptable. The Support team is fantastic."

What do you like best?

Workbooks is easy to pick up. It was the one of the first databases that I have used, and the only database that I have used full-time, so I was worried that I would not be able to use it to its full advantage. I was wrong, and was able to fully grasp its functions in a short period of time. Everything is clearly laid out, and, where I do need that little bit of guidance, the Support team are always happy and willing to help.

The different Record Types allow me to navigate easily around the database, and the Reporting function is brilliant. Gone are the days of tirelessly amending spreadsheets in Excel! All the information that I need is in Workbooks exactly where I need it.

The Importing tool is also a massive asset to me personally, as I import a lot of a data on a regular basis, both to create and update records. The function is completely logical, and works seamlessly. I am also able to test using our UAT database to ensure that my workings are correct, which is very handy for those moments when I am hesitate to manipulate live data without first checking that my process will work as I would hope.

What do you dislike?

In an ideal world, I would be able to use the Search function to search by Id. As System Admin, I use Ids far more than I do references due to importing. That being said, it is still simple to find a record based on their id by using filters within the Record Type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a database that is secure, easy to navigate and simple to use, Workbooks is for you. I was not well-versed in databases before using Workbooks and have been able to pick it up quickly and without difficulty. I can use all of its functions as they were intended, and my company benefits greatly from its ease. The data and stats that it provides us with are exceptional, and save us a lot of time.

With Workbooks, we are able to create and hold more secure data than we could with our previous provider. I am easily able to give different users their own individual capabilities based on experience and job role, which means that the data that we hold cannot be amended incorrectly. We are also able to prevent customers from changing secure data, and can use the Auditing functionality to track everything that occurs within the database.

I am also able to view my data in a more structured setting, which is easy to navigate. The Filtering tools provide me with more specific data when I need it, and means that I spend far less time manipulating data in Excel than I would previously.

Workbooks.com review by Jenny S.
Jenny S.

"Great for tracking sales cycles and orders"

What do you like best?

I like how much information you can store in one record, whether it is a sales lead or person record, how it all links to organisations and what emails have been sent is very handy. I use workbooks primarily for sales administration, so being able to see the sales team opportunities and the features like 'close date' and being able to link records to that is also a really good feature.

What do you dislike?

I think the search function could be a lot more advanced, trying to find exact people in a certain country etc, I think this would be a good feature to have. I also don't like how complicated it can be to make a report, all the different criteria you need to complete can make it tricky to use.

Using this for sales cycles has been ideal, being able to track and update opportunities in real time so that everyone can see has been beneficial to the company.

Workbooks.com review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"User friendly, customisable CRM product"

What do you like best?

Workbooks has a great level of customisation available, meaning we can edit all the record types in terms of how they look, what must be filled and what is shown for certain people if necessary

What do you dislike?

I've found more often than not, I have had to chase up Workbooks on completion of some minor paid developments. I also found in our early days of using the product in situations where I'd need customer service it would be a real pot luck of if I get someone capable and willing to truly understand the issue and help, or if I got someone who pretty much listened for key words in my conversation and directed me to a semi-relevant knowledge base page

Recommendations to others considering the product

Putting the time in to get the product right from the start i.e. form layouts, mandatory attributes etc. will be very useful in the long run, ensuring you have clean, reliable data if you want to report on it.

Workbooks is currently helping us with improved visualisation of our own sales team. By using report downloads and API keys in another piece of reporting software, we can link information from workbooks to other data sources such as our accounting software to effectively forecast what the business can expect

Workbooks.com review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Workbooks CRM in the flooring construction industry"

What do you like best?

The cloud based nature of the software with very competitive pricing options make Workbooks an attractive choice to use, but more than that is the simplicity of the interface and its intuitive nature to use. There is a significant degree of customisation available which meant that we could adapt the standard CRM language and names to better fit our own bespoke business processes. This is a big plus of the system to us at Courtcraft. I would also recommend you check out the right the right Workbooks Partner company who will set you up with the system, our provider CRM Insights comes highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

Some of the additional functionality that you can purchase is not easy to justify if you are a small business and so we do not use those. A more integrated CRM package for small business users would be a great option to create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, but with the right partner support

We needed to migrate legacy data from an old Microsoft Dynamics system to a new system and in the end we went with a completely new system as we thought it had more advantages over the Microsoft CRM. The new Workbooks CRM has integrated with our bespoke business processes in a superior way. Its easier to manage our opportunities pipeline and maximise our sales in Construction.

Workbooks.com review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

I like workbooks because it is user-friendly and the customer service is actually really great. I had to call when I was first set up and they were super helpful. All features don't pertain to my business, I'm a real estate agent, but as a CRM it works well for my needs. Great for marketing and sales. (Note my father is the actual user who deals with the "finance" part of it-as he does all of my finances)

What do you dislike?

There are lots of extra features and windows that probably could be streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely like the ease of use, and the customer service is very good. Great for marketing, CRM, and finance tracking especially in my case as a self-employed business.

My CRM mostly and for sales tracking and finances. I like the part for marketing and CRM for tracking my sales and for mailchimp and web stuff. My father is the one who deals with Workbooks for all of my finances. He is my "accountant".

Workbooks.com review by Edynn S.
Edynn S.

"Great tool for a customer success team "

What do you like best?

It is a wonderful tool to generate Reports and Dashboards that give you insight into your Case KPIs. Understanding your customer service performance will help you make the right decisions - ultimately increasing customer satisfaction. It gives a more in depth look at your clients so they don't fall through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

It is an excellent tool for customer success but not robust enough for a full cycle sales team so most businesses you will need to use 2 different systems to get what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great stand alone tool but it does not solve for all the CRM needs for most sales organizations so we found ourselves having to use this in conjunction of another CRM to provide everything that we needed in our organization.

It is allowing us to identify re-occurring problems with customers and churn. Customer services teams often deal with recurring problems or issues: a recurring issue with a particular product, a problematic courier etc. Use that knowledge to deal with the source of the problems and stop the issues recurring, saving your business money and improving overall customer satisfaction.

Workbooks.com review by Fiona E.
Fiona E.

"Making the complex - straightforward "

What do you like best?

The ability to let your processes dictate the best way to use Workbooks - you don't need to build your processes around the limitations of the system as is the case with other systems.

I particularly find this useful for sending press releases to media partners which can be tested and scheduled to be sent and then record the outcomes of interest.

I also like the drop box function which enables employees who are not users to be able to share info in to the system

What do you dislike?

The configuration can be a little tiresome if you do it yourself, but adding to the customisation, after the initial set-up is simple to do.

The is a perception that an App for use on mobile may work better for sales people when they do not access to the internet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously consider using workbooks as it is easy to set up and the with it the adoption rates then follow through.

Make sure that you have a strong team and an executive sponsor who will help overcome an challenges

Look at all the functionality as now the web Insights and email platform it is truly an all embracing system

Sharing and simplifying processes both for people who are users and work in departments that are not currently using it

Workbooks.com review by Madhu S.
Madhu S.

"Excellent, well thought out CRM that is flexible with an amazing interfacce"

What do you like best?

Here are 4 reasons why I love Workbooks

1) Brilliant interface

CRM software can often be very difficult to use, because of all the task it can do. Workbooks, however, has a beautiful user interface. The system is designed to look like Windows complete with a desktop and start menu, so it is very intuitive and familiar. The desktop is used to store the more frequent tools, while the rest is clever organized in the start menu. This means that you can always quickly find what you want as nothing is ever more than a click away, but unlike other systems, there is no danger of being overwhelmed.

2) Flexibility

Another great feature of Workbooks is the flexibility. Unlike other systems which force you into their rigid way of thinking, Workbooks lets you assign custom fields to record types. This is handy if you have specialist data requirements which may not be otherwise covered by a CRM system.

This flexibility is mirrored in the report creating functionality, as you can incorporate any fields into your reports.

In the past, I used another CRM software that didn’t have this feature. Very often, after generating a report, I would have to copy and paste it into Word and then edit it to fit my needs, which was a huge time waste especially as the number of reports and records began to grow.

Thankfully, with Workbooks, there’s none of this foolishness. The software dances to my tune and not the other way around.

3) Snappy cross-platform cloud based system

Workbooks is fully accessible over the web and even works on mobile and tablet. Quite wisely the mobile version doesn’t replicate the Windows desktop and instead has a custom designed solution that uses a well designed hamburger menu to arrange the options. Despite being a web based system, Workbooks is very snappy whether being viewed on Desktop, Mobile or Tablet. Sometimes it is so fast, that I think I am using a native app.

The last system I used required syncing with a desktop client and often I would find that data was missing when I was off site, which was a pain. Thankfully with Workbooks there is none of this nonsense!

4) Excellent training videos

Workbooks has a great library of training videos.

They are very well made and I often watched them when I had a minute. In doing so, I often came up with new ideas of how the software could better help the business, which I had not originally considered.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of any complaints. In the past it used to be a little sluggish, but this has long been since fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks comes with a 30 day trial, so you can check out if its right for you. And from the moment you see the excellent interface you will be hooked.

I used Workbooks at a company for keep track of customer enquiries and then charting their progress to competition, including the tracking of sales. It was a real eye opener over the value of certain clients in relation to the time spent interacting with them and the money earned.

Workbooks.com review by Cathy C.
Cathy C.

"Workbooks review"

What do you like best?

The workbooks have a fast and capable support team that is ready to help with any areas of CRM. They respond very fast compared to other call centers and they can resolve every problem that is given to them. The workers are all well trained with the system. The system is also very flexible which allows for ease of use. Once workbook is mastered then it becomes a tool that can be always relied upon.

What do you dislike?

I suppose what I dislike about workbook would be the search system. Also it can be a little bit hard for people who never used these types of systems before, but anything can be over come with a little bit of practice.

Also I do not like how there is no function that it forces me to write a certain amount of words like it should be up to the user to say how much they want. If its short let it be short.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a nice software

Well the business problems would be that I can view data in a more organized format which is easier to navigate. I also love using this to manage my co workers and myself. Nice tool

Workbooks.com review by Ramon Enrique B.
Ramon Enrique B.

"CRM software based on knowledge, and great for marketing campaigns"

What do you like best?

The part of keeping the accounts of my clients in my company, besides the control of the invoices, the credits, the contracts and the orders of my clients this part is very complete in the software

What do you dislike?

For a not very experienced user it becomes a little complex but it is enough to see the training tutorials with it, you get an idea of how you have to work with this software. Also with the webinars with this tool you also learn to use this application a lot

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a quite complete software with many potentialities when it comes to keeping accounts and its security layer with the double factor of authentication is very good at validating the login of users. The permisology of the different modules or options that allows you to give public and private access to certain users depending on what each user doesThe templates to give a very personal touch to the pages that are going to have in your web domain, also allows you to customize the same and of course the tool for marketing to send emails to your different contacts as scheduled.

It has helped me to be more orderly and have a better control of the accounts of my clients in my company has given me multiple benefits among them being up to date when it comes to delivering a summary of all the orders of purchase and sale that I have with my suppliers (clients)

Workbooks.com review by Dan B.
Dan B.

"Really flexible CRM does help stay on top of leads "

What do you like best?

Its a really flexible system, our previous CRM was not really suitable for our business (B2B/recruitng), so it wasn't very efficient, but thanks to the adaptability of workbooks we've really been able to set it up to work perfectly in our business, and it makes us a lot more productive. We've definitely had less leads slip through the net since we've been using it

What do you dislike?

It was quite a big job to set up. There were a lot of elements to tailor the arm to work in our company with our sales process and customer service. As it's so flexible there are a lot of elements which we changed, but in the long run that's helped us save a lot mire time so it was worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest the time at the beginning to get it set up properly and it will save you hundreds of hours in the long run

We've found it easier to stay on top of leads and keep them from going cold. We've increased sales and we're now missing out on less opportunities as we know exactly when to be contacting people.It's also helping us a lot with customer service, so we've had happier clients as well as more clients.

Workbooks.com review by Nick J.
Nick J.

"Function rich and highly configurable"

What do you like best?

Whilst Workbooks comes with so much functionality 'out of the box', it's highly configurable. Whilst this isn't necessarily easy for the layperson, Workbooks provide great training, assistance and support. They are regularly enhancing the product to release new features. The reporting tool is very powerful and enables pretty much any data to be combined.

What do you dislike?

As with any software product there's a few bugs and things that could be better, but these are minor and in no way get in the way of the overall experience, which is positive. The integration with Communigator could be slicker.

Our data was scattered across numerous CRM databases, email marketing systems and spreadsheets. We've been able to combine this into one place and are nearing a 'single customer view', enhanced with details about online activities, transactions and communications.

Workbooks.com review by David C.
David C.

"Flexible CRM software"

What do you like best?

Flexibility is the main reason we use workbooks, We were allowed to customise the software to exactly how we wanted it for our business. We use it for sales, lead tracking and management of our customer database. We also use it as a support tool, allowing us to link support requests to existing organisations

The support from workbooks is excellent and prompt

What do you dislike?

Whilst it is extremely flexible, this can be a hinderance as it then becomes complicated to setup. We use it for support but its not entirely suitable for this as its more aimed at managing customer data.

We use it to allow us easy management of our customers and potential customers through lead tracking, as well as using it for support

Workbooks.com review by Stuart R.
Stuart R.

"Workbooks CRM"

What do you like best?

Very quick to get started with - very intuitive

Very flexible & configurable

Supports simple user driven amendments such as custom fields

Supports sophisticated amendments with PHP scripts, triggers etc.

What do you dislike?

Minor gripes around UI especially the number of windows that can end up opened.

Looks similar enough to a Windows type environment to be easy to pick up, but lacks one or two of the ease-of-use features within the Windows UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be put off by the low profile & price when compared with other better known CRM systems - Its flexibility makes it very simple to tailor in the hands of non-technical people, and yet extremely powerful for developers to tailor.

Also its best to work with a partner to implement, as they can highlight the best way of achieving your objectives in the most straightforward way.

We current have a lack of visibility with our pre-sales processes, particularly as our items have long lead-times of up to 18 months from initial contact to a sales order.

We would expect Workbooks to give us improved insight as to the state of the sales pipeline and, as we gain more data, to provide us with a better understanding of the relationship to size/stages of pipeline to the resulting sales orders.

Workbooks.com review by Georgina H.
Georgina H.

"Workbooks Review"

What do you like best?

I love using Workbooks on a day to day basis. The system is very straight forward to direct through the different record types. It is so beneficial to our company to have anything inbound going through one place ensuring that the processes are streamlined. We actually use our system for all complaints and all leads that come through directly and through our telesales companies, which is great. The reports that we can get out of Workbooks are outstanding, all information that is put into Workbooks can be pulled out so easily. As the database is a web-based system it is great for our users as we can use this anywhere, and not have to worry about if we have downloaded the system.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about Workbooks is the fact that you can only have one person assigned to the record. I know you can watch records but I just think it would beneficial if you could assign a record to more than one person.

As we can now all put all leads or enquiries onto the system, this will stop any confusion over who the lead belongs to. As everything is now going into one place for our three divisions of the business this has now improved the communication, and knowledge of the teams.

Workbooks.com review by Simon J.
Simon J.

"CRM that does what it sets out to do"

What do you like best?

Integrates well with our back-end systems, works very well for our users and integrates well with other SAAS software, such as Survey Monkey and MailChimp.

What do you dislike?

When we first purchased, the UI was awful - but thankfully that has now been rectified to a much slicker and modern looking interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and check it's the right software for you

A very outdated (20th Century) contacts database, that needed to integrate with other systems we have in our business. Also, to provide more intelligence around what contacts bring us the most business.

Workbooks.com review by Keeran W.
Keeran W.

"An excellent package with many possibilities!"

What do you like best?

Being able to customise almost every part of the Workbooks CRM is great. Changing every detail to match our business and in particular, the commercial training department, to meet our needs. Its been easy to learn and grow my knowledge, without turning to Google searches or spending much time on the support forums.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't change the entire background from the standard blue. It is possible to change the logo in the very corner of the screen but I would like to match the background with our business colours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, the trial is free. Once you start getting in to it you will wonder how you lived (worked) without it.

We have solved the issue of managing multiple events. Training courses, assessments, labour requests and more. Our business is based around the Rail and Construction labour supply and training industry. I've managed to customise workbooks to make these two business areas work in tandem from the same system, while giving us the ability to manage individual tasks. Keeping in touch with customers/clients is now far easier through the mail shot function.

Workbooks.com review by Tannaz R.
Tannaz R.

"Workbooks is the best CRM management for small business with small budgets"

What do you like best?

I like to thank workbooks consultants and customer service for being so on point and quick in helping us achieve what we need for our business. Customer service is absolutely amazing. I 100% recommend Workbooks to business who looking for a functional CRM system without having to pay a fortune for it.

Thank you to all the staff at Workbooks!

What do you dislike?

I must say that sometimes importing data and mapping could be quite frustrating however, workbooks team have supported us every time we had any issues regarding this - so nothing to dislike really!

The fact that we have a centralised database where we can see exactly who's who and how much engagement we had from our clients. Its great to be able to see what the sales do and how marketing can help to improve it - all the info you need is in one place and so its easy to navigate through and find notes and any interaction done with a particular person.

Workbooks.com review by Nicola A.
Nicola A.

"Workbooks - amazing aftercare and support"

What do you like best?

Can configure system to report on any area you want to, amazing support from WB to enable me to get the information I want from my data. No request is too much; they have helped me develop reports that are of real financial value to our business

What do you dislike?

That I need to have more time to learn how to use the system better as I know I can make it do more for me and make my life easier, but I am too time poor!

Recommendations to others considering the product

integration with accounting package XERO to make my life even easier!

Keeping up to date and on top of opportunities and pipelines, invoiced business, can see at the press of a button. The webinar I watched inspired me to create financial reports that had been taking me a day a month to create in excel. This now means that we have up to date information at the touch of a button on all our opportunities realtime.

Workbooks.com review by Melissa D.
Melissa D.

"Efficient and user-friendly CRM - Workbooks"

What do you like best?

Workbooks'interface is similar to Windows which makes him familiar to most users and very easy to use. It is a very intuitive software and I like how much you can customise it to make it your own. Configuration and customisation is so easy as well.

I also like the fact that Workbooks is web-based so accessible at any time from anywhere which makes a lot of difference for our team who is constantly on the move. I like the possibility to have the app too although we have not used it much recently.

Finally, Workbooks has an amazing support team and customer service. They are very reactive and helpful and always with a smile on their face.The amount of resources available online (forum, training videos and guides, ect.) is incredible, always up to date and very useful.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike with Workbooks is the integration with our accountancy practice software (CCH). Nothing to do with Workbooks itself, I think the problem comes from Wolters Kluwer who can't update their software version quick enough to keep up.

A couple of other points that could be improved: the reporting tools could be more intuitive and the app could require some more development.

As a medium-size business, we reached a few years ago that level when you need a CRM if you want to run and develop your marketing activity within the business. We installed Workbooks, and although it took a few months for the team to buy into it, we are currently happy with the results. Workbooks has really helped us to track where our opportunities are coming from as well as helping the team to carry on their sales and marketing activity easily.

Workbooks.com review by Kieran J.
Kieran J.

"Workbooks CRM Review"

What do you like best?

T platform has a nice and clean interface that basic users would be able to navigate with ease, due to the similarities between Workbooks and other popular operating systems. Workbooks comes with many options including Sales, Marketing and Finance tools that can all be managed form any machine remotely.

The remote functionality is just what we were looking for. For event recruiters, we are often on the move, so being able to store everything within a Workbooks account makes life so much easier and removes the need to be lugging around files and document folders when on business.

I also have quite a poor internet connection from home, sometimes only receiving 1 Mbps, the platform still manages to load quickly on lower internet connection speeds which is really great!

What do you dislike?

I couldn't find anything major that I disliked about Workbooks, before utilising Workbooks API, I would recommend some minor reading with how to get started. Aside for this, support is very good and can help you with any questions you might have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks offer a 30 day free trial for you to test the platform before you commit to a full plan, I would recommend checking offer out before going live with a premium subscription. You will not however be disappointed.

Our business is gradually starting to grow and we were looking for something that would allow us to keep all leads, enquiries etc. in one place and assign them to certain people as well as having a single platform to store transactions, invoices, emails, temporary staff information etc. in one place.

Having the ability to access this information online is very handy for working on the go and removes the need to be carrying hard-copies of documents when away on business!

Workbooks.com review by Adé S.
Adé S.

"Great Customisable CRM - Workbooks"

What do you like best?

One of the first things I like the most is that it has a clean interface. The first time you log in, the space does not look clustered and it does not look busy, so you don't feel overwhelmed. At the same time, it has really advanced tools, and many of them. This means it is easy for you to get started, and it is very flexible. And it is entirely customisable to support your company's needs.

Another feature I like is the integration. Many of us would have been using other business tools for our companies, so it is nice to have smart integrations to key business tools like Hubspot.

What do you dislike?

Coming from an Apple background and being used to Apple interface, I did not care so much for the Windows look. I have long forgiven it of this defect because it has all the features I need. However, I would still jump on a "Apple-like" interface if they ever decided to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has many features and you might be tempted to start testing them all out at once. But I would encourage you to think of the main things your business need, and consider that as priority before jumping on any other features that Workbooks might offer.

Since my business is growing, it's rather hard to keep using various software for different jobs. I want to be able to have everything in one platform. With Workbooks, you can keep records, transactions, invoices, emails etc.

Also, having multiple users and advanced features means it will grow with my business, and I wouldn't have to worry about switching to another platform anytime soon.

Workbooks.com review by User in Computer Software

"Effective system for tracking business needs but can be very slow."

What do you like best?

It allows our company to run our business. We can track support cases and the associated organisational contracts. As this is a SaaS system this means no server maintenance, upgrades take place at night so there is very little downtime.

What do you dislike?

So many windows to click and wait for things to open. At times it can take minutes for windows to open which can get very frustrating.

It's not built as a support system, so it's only logging the emails which some with categorisations and custom fields. Overtime your DB can become massive due to storing every entire email rather than reading the email and storing only the new parts.

There isn't a convenient way to see a summary of a support case you have to read every email.

Contacting their support team can be complex, they only allow 2 authorised contacts, so if your 2 colleagues happen to be off they won't answer your call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good system for tracking customers and contacts, opportunities etc... Tracking support cases is an add on to this and depending on how complex your needs will depend on how well workbooks does this. It works it just could be significantly better.

Companies can be linked to contracts, contracts can be linked to support cases. So only active support

contracts get support.

Multiple team members can do support at the same time, without answering the same case two times.

Automated replies giving customer case numbers and a point of reply.

Integration with our accounts software.

Workbooks.com review by Sean H.
Sean H.

"A fantastic CRM that has changed the way we sell subscriptions"

What do you like best?

The user experience. It presents a windows type experience, which is easy to pick up by the sales teams. There is also flexibility to create custom views for different roles within the business

What do you dislike?

You don seem to be easily able to share a default user set up across a group of users. In these instances we need to login to each users account to design the view we want them to have

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks allows a flexible, customised setup that is in your control. Their technical support team provide fantastic consultation on how to get the best out of the product and the system itself provides a user friendly experience. This means that the CRM becomes part of your working day rather than a hindrance to it.

- Performance reporting has become consistent and trustworthy

- User adoption has been fantastic with all activity being records in Workbooks

- Lead generation process is more efficient

- Subscription opportunities are easier to identify through reporting and analysis

Workbooks.com review by Administrator

"Intuitive and always striving for more"

What do you like best?

I like that the system follows a logical and common sense approach to creating a user friendly system that enables clients to develop the CRM into a platform that works for them. Their knowledge base is a excellent resource that empowers users to learn and develop the system in a way that works for them

What do you dislike?

The dashboard functionality has felt a bit one dimensional though I know this is an area on Workbooks roadmap for future development so am confident of great things to come in this area

We are able to overview our membership population whilst recording interaction with our client base from service support, marketing, training and event attendance as well as managing business relationships and opportunities to grow these relationships further

Workbooks.com review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"A very positive game changer for our business"

What do you like best?

The flexibility that we have in tailoring the 'of the shelf' system to match; and strengthen, our business processes.

The ability to have our entire team working 'on the same page'.

As a small company we access Workbooks through Wizard Systems UK, based near Bristol. They have provided excellent development support and have allowed us to adapt the Workbooks platform to mirror our business needs.

What do you dislike?

Uploading photographs; pdf documents; or CAD drawings, which we like to form part of our quotations and Risk Assessments, is way too difficult.

The look of outgoing documents created within Workbooks gets a 7 out of 10... could do better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to look at what you are trying to achieve and get systems/processes clear before setting the direction/scope of your use/implementation.

The main advantage has been the increased transparency of our workflow - it is now very easy for any team member to look up an opportunity and see exactly where we are with the project and who is 'holding the baton' within the team.

Keeping an eye on submission flow; hit ratios; turnaround times; and projected cash flow is simple and a real asset.

We have really thought about what could improve our compliance area, as we are ISO approved, and on many occasions, Workbooks' functionality (or minor development changes to a couple of landing pages) really helps us to record and monitor areas of quality control and corporate compliance.

Workbooks.com review by James G.
James G.

"Workbooks - Taopix"

What do you like best?

Once setup the level of data available is amazing. We use workbooks across all parts of our business. As the CEO I regularly access to a few dashboards that tell me the majority of information I need to know about the business performance in realtime.

What do you dislike?

To get the best out of the system you need to put a lot of effort in, however this is the same for every CRM and workbooks is much easier to work with than other systems I have previously used.

We needed one platform that could manage everything from a lead coming in to the business, tracking through the pipeline and into order/invoice along with contract management. Previously we used SugarCRM along with far too many google docs and spreadsheets, workbooks has now allowed us to streamline our processes and gain access to key business data in realtime. Workbooks was one of over 50 CRM products we evaluated, the performance/features vs price left workbooks with o competition.

Workbooks.com review by Helen N.
Helen N.

"Great product, even better service"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of this system is what set Workbooks apart from other software for us. It's incredibly user-friendly and the fact that we could customise it ourselves without the need for expensive consultants was a real bonus for us. We were up and running with a bespoke CRM system within a matter of days.

The UK based support line is a real bonus and means that you have a point of contact should you need any advice or experience any problems. The support staff really are excellent - always friendly, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about this software. Any issues we've had have been effectively dealt with by the Workbooks team. My one niggle would be that the quotation module & line items section don't work too well for our business - not necessarily a criticism of Workbooks as our business is very complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks has all features of Salesforce at a lower cost and far better customer service.

Before Workbooks we struggled to engage our sales team with using a CRM. Our old system was rarely updated and we recorded most activity on a variety of different spreadsheets. The sales team buy-in for Workbooks has been astounding. We're now tracing all sales & marketing activity through workbooks which gives us great visibility of our sales cycle, allows us to manage our customers more effectively and we can report on anything we like at the touch of a button.

Workbooks.com review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Workbooks is an excellent sales tool!"

What do you like best?

Workbooks makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities. With Workbooks I always know where we are in our sales cycle and what our next actions are. I can contact a lead directly via their record by email and workbooks will keep track of my communication.

What do you dislike?

Setting up reports can be tricky and the search tool can be a bit slow.

Workbooks makes it easy to manage customer and prospect accounts. All of their information can be found quickly and if used correctly can store their history, meaning that even if accounts are reassigned it's easy to find what you are looking for.

Workbooks.com review by User

"It's all about the set up!"

What do you like best?

Reporting - although they can be a little tricky to set up, the reporting function is really useful in my role and I like the level of detail included which can be set up for daily, weekly, monthly reporting or whenever i need it.

GatorLeads - We have recently added GatorLeads to our portfolio which is proving really useful for our lead generation team.

What do you dislike?

It is a little 'clunky' although some of this is definitely down to how it was set up (before i joined the company) and the amount of data it is holding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rush into setting it up. make sure you consider every aspect of your business and get it right. I struggle to get what I want out of Workbooks from time to time, but I know a lot of that is down to the set up (which happened before I joined the company). Workbooks has the potentially to be a fantastic CRM, but you need to start with a very clear vision of what you want to get out of it.

KPI tracking and identifying interested customers.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Workbooks is easy to use"

What do you like best?

Workbooks is easy to use because it just looks like a windows desktop. I use it to track sales enquiries, and I like that I'm able to hide fields that aren't relevant to me. The knowledge base and forum are good and there are loads of ideas of how else I can use Workbooks in my business further. I like being able to log in from anywhere, and their mobile version is really good. It allows me to take down details from customers when i see them rather than using pen/paper and risk losing or not being able to read what I wrote.

What do you dislike?

There are lots of reports that are simple to build, but some reports are more difficult. They have a good knowledge base to help with that though.

It took a while to figure out how to change form layouts, but once I knew how to do it, it was actually straightforward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to understand why you want CRM in the first place, and understand the value that offers to your business. I have found that my sales have increased, ,and i'm spending less time doing 'admin' so i can focus on selling more.

Understand the conversion rate for Leads. It has enabled me to chase hot leads and increase conversion. I have integrated with MailChimp so I can send Campaigns easily. No more spreadsheets to track all of my customers too!

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Workbooks Review "

What do you like best?

We use workbooks to record all of our potential and exsisting customer details which allows me to therefore create marketing campaigns and keep in touch with these people. The workbooks system also allows me to mange our sales pipeline and also understand what opportunities we currently have in the business and what we have created for the year.

What do you dislike?

I would like the flexibility to be able to change PDF layouts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workbooks allows your business to record and report on data in one system

Since using workbooks we have been able to report year on year our sales growth and by recording all the sales data in workbooks understand our market better

Workbooks.com review by Karl L.
Karl L.

"Highly flexible and customisable CRM product."

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the product, and the options that this flexibility offers for different use cases across a wide range of business requirements. You could just use it straight out of the box or you can, as in our case, custom configure many different aspects of the UI including automating parts of your business process or integrating the CRM with other systems via the API.

As a system admin I really like the fact that Workbooks allows you to be very hands-on in terms of the configuration and automation options available within the product.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. There can be bugs on occasion, though the Support Team are always super helpful and issues tend to get resolved quickly. We did have some problems initially but these mostly stemmed from integrating the CRM with a bespoke web-application via the Workbooks API. If there was any criticism of Workbooks in this regard it would be around the documentation and training with regards to development when using the API - though this has since been addressed and Workbooks now have a developer training course available for this very purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't try to do too much at once. If your implementation plan allows I'd recommended taking a phased approach - start off with some core configuration and build out from there. In retrospect we perhaps tried to implement far too much in very challenging timescales. The fact that Workbooks does allow you to create a highly customised and integrated system makes it tempting to implement a complete solution at go live when this may not necessarily be the best approach.

We were basically looking to migrate our entire end to end business process from various disparate systems and applications into one single system. We've been Workbooks customers for a yea and a half and using the system live for about a year; due to the cyclical nature of our business we've not managed an entire 'cycle' within the system as yet so as yet have not realised all of the intended benefits (e.g. post-cycle reporting and analysis) but have certainly realised benefits such as increased visibility across the piece and more integrated workflows.

Workbooks.com review by Jamie K.
Jamie K.

"Enjoy It More Every Time I Dive Deeper"

What do you like best?

Customer support is incredible. All hail Ross! Not difficult to customize if you have a little experience with programming. I know I'm not even touching the majority of the functions but for tracking new business, existing business and keeping in touch with those existing clients, it's perfect for me. Simple to use - I can log in anywhere. Simple to add new fields as I discover new needs. If I add employees in the future I'm not worried about the difficulties they would face learning and utilizing it.

What do you dislike?

Wish it linked to my Google Calendar, which I believe they are implementing. Perhaps it already was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. The cost is great, easy to use and the support is couldn't be beter.

I'm a one person legal business that has grown every year. I no longer am able to keep the status of everything in my head. I love how easy it is to customize a report that sends what I'm supposed to do for the day in an email to my Outlook. Currently, I have it send 3 emails spread throughout the day so I can track how much progress I've made.

Workbooks.com review by David C.
David C.

"A powerful, flexible CRM tool"

What do you like best?

The most attractive part of Workbooks is it's flexibility. You can create a new field of any kind on any record type and create reports on any field in the entire database. All data that goes into Workbooks and be used later on through the built in reports or the readily available API reference library.

What do you dislike?

The appearance of Workbooks lets itself down and makes it look as though it's an out of date system. This is not the case, which you discover after you have started using tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all the flexibility you want to have in a CRM tool and I think it would be hard to find a tool that can match Workbooks in this way.

We managed our sales pipeline for different sales teams within the business using custom permission levels to ensure confidentiality without losing management oversight of activity. The ready-made Web-to-Leads html script gave us an instant solution to capturing leads from our website straight into Workbooks. The built in email templates can be used forward these leads to our clients.

Workbooks.com review by Dianne M.
Dianne M.

"I couldn't do my job without Workbooks"

What do you like best?

I like the powerful automated reporting feature that Workbooks gives me. Our sales team receives up to date daily reports on all sales activities and tasks that keep us all on our toes!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike, for me it delivers everything a CRM system should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Workbooks to other businesses looking for a flexible and powerful CRM platform. Our experience has been very positive and our business is wholly dependent on it.

From a business perspective, Workbooks gives me a global view on how all the sales channels are performing and where they are against target on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. This is important for me when considering where to invest in additional resources.

Workbooks.com review by Brian P.
Brian P.

"Big improvement on old CRM"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and adding additional features/fields easy.

Customised reports are very good.

What do you dislike?

Customisation could be better with layouts, report writing, easy to write macros (no built in script writer) like in Microsoft Access, so programming even simple scripts is virtually impossible and customisable macro buttons.

Better report functionality and formatting (ie pulling data from other reports, better layouts/templates (very basic), formatting printing reports, and be ability to run a report straight from Organisation record which is filtered on that record like an activity statement)

Dashboards are also a bit too cumbersome and not scalable.

Merging two separate databases into one

Workbooks.com review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Workbooks Review"

What do you like best?

The reporting tools offer a great insight into all areas of the business and so much can be done with them if the time is taken to set them up correctly.

The support staff are always very friendly and helpful if you have any problems or queries and the online forums, videos and FAQ are a great tool, especially for new starters to the business, We now include the training videos as part of their induction.

The automated processes save so much resource and are constantly being improved upon the more we get to know the system.

What do you dislike?

Our system is very slow at times, however we are aware that this is being looked into in order to help speed it up for our day to day use.

There are certain items even the admin user does not have the power to do e.g. delete contracts. This would be really useful as not being able to do this can make our figures appear incorrectly.

Reporting has made looking into our historical data much slicker, as well as giving us a great insight into our ROI and sales conversions.

Workbooks.com review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Powerful, user-friendly CRM"

What do you like best?

Adoption very easy, logical layouts and easy customization made implementation a breeze. Intuitive and powerful reporting makes data driven decisions quick and correct.

What do you dislike?

As a manufacturing business we will always rely on an MRP/ERP system as well as CRM.

Centralization of all data-Previously our data was spread across individual outlook clients and excel spreadsheets. Using Workbooks we have rationalized this and all users have access to all the data required when dealing with clients.

Workbooks.com review by Fran K.
Fran K.

"Brilliant customer service, innovative company"

What do you like best?

Open APIs which open up possibilities for innovative interfaces.

Excellent customer service, a team that really cares about providing solutions.

Good at connecting users with their events and updating on new developments.

What do you dislike?

Communigator interface has been a little tricky for us but through no fault of Workbooks and they have put a lot of effort into rectifying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a good option.

We are working on a client onboarding platform in order to automate this process as much as possible, we are using Workbooks as the backbone to this and the flexibility of the system is proving beneficial.

Workbooks.com review by Felicity V.
Felicity V.

"Great"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Ability to link emails and documents to people. A variety of activity choices. We also like the new function of adding an additional email to record

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in the report function, if you have too man y columns they can't all appear on the screen.

For our own company we need a more reliable relationship with Event HQ and Workbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product, great support. As with any CRM as long as you input complete data you will reap the benefits.

We are exploring marketing campaigns, sales and streamlining the process using Workbooks. So far we can see that we can keep historical information on contact with leads which will then make further sales/ marketing campaigns much quicker.

Workbooks.com review by User in Computer Software

"Workbooks takes work just to look at!"

What do you like best?

I like setting a contact to watch so it always pops up first. I do this with my hottest leads so I can remember to touch base with them. In the activity feed it shows me what opportunities are still open and what leads I need to tend to. I also like how there is a field to track how this lead heard about our company so the marketing company can tell what is working and what is not working. There is advanced reporting in quickbooks that keeps tracks of all interactions which is nice for a sales team to have access to.

I also like how you can make the new opportunities look the exact way you would like it to look. You can take out information, add a logo, or implement new information in an opportunity.

What do you dislike?

There are many things that I do not like about quickbooks. There is too much power given to the system's admin vs. the user. For example, if a user creates an opportunity, they do not have the ability to edit once they post the opportunity. The user needs special permissions to edit their OWN work. That makes no sense to me. The opportunity that you create, should be yours to edit. If I sent my client the wrong opportunity and see that it is incorrect within a minute's time, I should be able to send my client a new opportunity without the hassle of my manager being involved.

I also don't like when you open an opportunity it asks you to put in the date it should close, that isn't always guaranteed and it is not needed for a field. I also do not like that if you want to add more fields to a lead, you have to pull your systems admin aside and have them add the field you'd like into the lead for you.

However, you can pass opportunities to other people without approval from a system's admin. That is so backwards to me. If anything, this is when a system's admin should be approving if that is allowed or not.

I don't like when you add contacts the different stages you can place them in is totally unnecessary to closing a sale. You can put them in as either positive or negatively support your business, but that doesn't ultimately matter when you're trying to close a sale. You can put down in the notes that Jake at the front desk doesn't like your business but it isn't needed as a field.

The product book is not useful

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Workbooks is too outdated. The interface is not easy to use and boring to look at. I like that there is a free option, but that's only free if you have only two users. You should look into Hubspot or Pipedrive instead!

Tried for a period of time to use it with the sales team I was on. It wasn't successful application.

Workbooks.com review by Kirsty W.
Kirsty W.

"Good people - Good training"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is not structured and the team are flexible.

What do you dislike?

That it comes across quite complicated and I think that there should be manuals specifically for section. For instance marketing, accounts etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to use the system offline. marketing courses offered.

Issues with quotations, reporting and general use. That it was not implemented right for various reasons, but that it is more versatile than I thought.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"All in one place"

What do you like best?

I use Workbooks on a daily basis. It's very straight forward to work through the different record types.

What do you dislike?

System is not yet fully functional on the mobile at the moment which would benefit our staff and their engagement greatly but it's on it's way.

Greater visibility for all members of staff

Workbooks.com review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Workbooks promises a lot but many advertised features are limited or require complex customisation"

What do you like best?

Consistent user interface;

Speed;

Powerful report functions;

What do you dislike?

Very limited email implementation;

Inability to search email content;

Limited case management feature (requires significant customisation);

Lacks basic features such as ability to merge cases;

Inability to change font sizes or customize display;

Fake Windows user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to get a trial before you commit to an expensive contract. If you have very specific requirements from a CRM then ensure that Workbooks delivers these requirements in practice. Be prepared to spend money on getting Workbooks to customise their product to your requirements - don't think that you can do this yourself.

Integration of sales and support customer databases and communications archive. After two years we are yet to fully realize the benefits of this.

Workbooks.com review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"I would recommend "

What do you like best?

Workbooks.com has really helped to streamline our business in the sense that it has significantly increased our productivity and the performance of the business as a whole. Our sales have increased and and our operational cost as shrunk. What more can you ask for?! I find the workbooks to be very well priced.

What do you dislike?

i found that Workbooks integrates with a quite a few other software packages one of which being MailChimp. Perhaps that isnt really a bad thing but i found the whole process quite tricky to integrate. It wasnt as easy as i had thought.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely worth giving a go.

I really appreciate the automated reports send out via email. They tell us of any potential new leads that we may have overlooked or missed that day therefore getting us valuable business that could have been missed. i also like the weekly management summaries automatically prompting us to review exceptions.

Workbooks.com review by Chelsey H.
Chelsey H.

"I use Workbooks everyday"

What do you like best?

Workbooks is easy to pick up. I have someone using it that is not tech savy and she was able to pick it up rather quickly. I am able to make sure each user sees everything they need to. Everything is clearly stated and organized.

What do you dislike?

The mobile tools/mobile user friendly could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well with any other browser other than Internet Explorer. If you are an Internet Explorer it will probably run a bit slow. Run great through Google Chrome.

The training was very easy. I can easily find a record or file by using the workbooks tools. It helps me sell!

Workbooks.com review by Alan I.
Alan I.

"Usefull CRM But Not for Everyone"

What do you like best?

Don't get me wrong it is a great CRM , they think end to end control of the chain with the customer , in fact they start with the client and end with the client , but it seems not quite integrable with other systems or data from another place.

From a technicall point of view is great to use or capabilitty of use MYSQL db

What do you dislike?

Lak of integration with oracle , is really confusing to get data from another place.

For latin america markets is not quite adjust to use full features , it seems to be design for other market les agilly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for european markets or US market in latin america is not quite usefull yet

Customer relations and how to implement marketing strategys for each customer.

Learn more about Workbooks.com

Workbooks.com Videos

Learning about Workbooks.com?

* We monitor all Workbooks.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.