Workday HCM

Workday's enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products are cost-effective alternative to ERP software systems for human resource management.

Work for Workday HCM?
Kronos workforce ready  hr managment suites  2x

Learning about Workday HCM?

Workday HCM Reviews

Showing 523 Workday HCM reviews
Workday HCM review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

Very good timesheet system

What do you like best?

I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor. Sending reminders to everyone about updating info in workday is another good feature that we utilize often. It is also nice to have the quicklinks feature as it makes things easier to find in a time crunch. The payroll feature has been useful to me as well, I like being able to go back and see past checks.

What do you dislike?

The other features, such as benefits and messages, are not as easy to use as the timesheet. They are fine though, they just take some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a training for your employees about how to use it. Once you get used to it, Workday is simple but it can be confusing at first if you have never used it. I wouldn't say that this is a downside to the product though, as this is the case with any new technology or software system.

Keeping track of time worked, benefits, retirement, etc.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workday HCM
Workday HCM review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

Great HR product

What do you like best?

I can access all my personal and work related information on Workday. I can make changes on my benefits, my time sheet, personal bio info, etc. I can also obtain information on other people at my company as well. It is very easy to navigate around the website. I can view all of my payslips and change my direct deposit and W4 forms. It is truly a HR one stop for all.

What do you dislike?

The process can be tedious. Whenever I make a change, it goes through upper management. The goals and self appraisal process were also very confusing. There were multiple steps and I didn't see why it needed to be that way. They should've just made everything available online instead of us having to upload a word document of our goals and appraisals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For managers, it is important to take training seriously. It might seem very easy to use, but there are many tricks that you might learn. Also, with HR, it is based on individual so there are many "what-if" situations. Thus, you will have a lot of trial and error.

Having so many people in the company, it is very time consuming to manage HR related things for everyone on top of having new recruits. It is easily accessible for the current employees (can't say much for the new employees). I can access and make changes at home or at the office.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Workday HCM review by <span>Patricia O.</span>
Patricia O.

Worday user review

What do you like best?

I like the functionality and ease of use. The application allows use on your work computer, home use with a mobile app. The options are helpful to those employees who travel and are in the field and may not have direct access to work intranet. The mobility function is easy to use and allows quick access on the go to fill out time cards, update abscesses or even check paystub information.

What do you dislike?

Some options are not easy to find. I do work through using the search button for simple things like schedule options. The quick links can be helpful but some simple stuff is not always clearly labeled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to setup a point person for training the material to management. The initial role-out will have a lot of trial an error. Having a point person will help with the transition to the new system. The intergration of Taleo and workday still have kinks, especially around payroll. I would recommend making sure you are aware of how your salaries translate in the system. For example if you got multiple decimal places in one system Workday may not translate the salary the same way and that can cause you to be paying less in salary dollars than expected.

This allows easy access from management to employee review. Give the employees a true view of all the information with the ability to upload documents and update their information at anytime. The benefits do also allow all the employees and management to have access to the platform anywhere, whether that be using the website or the mobile app.

Workday HCM review by <span>Douglas M.</span>
Douglas M.

Middle of the road

What do you like best?

It makes adding and removing staff or assigning them to leadership teams a snap.The icons with the pictoral displays make it easy to navigate. The templates that are assigned for task completion are foolproof in that they include check lists.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome and is process driven. So as a result if a team leader or operations manager doesn't complete a task you cannot complete the move of an agent. Sometimes cancelled tasks remain as activities in your inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Alternate users under the same operation and leader level roles so that if one goes on leave or is absent a secondary person can complete terminations, staffing moves, or approvals for timekeeping.

It helped us consolidate time off and leave requests under one system after merging with another center. One benefit we realized is a streamlined Holiday, Absence, and Paid Time Off System. With the integrated calendar and tasks that go to supervisor inboxes we avoid missing requests, duplicate approvals, and have a clear line of sight for the remaining hours available for staff.

Workday HCM review by <span>Alexandra H.</span>
Alexandra H.

Workday is a great tool for any employee to access all of their employment information!

What do you like best?

Having all of my important personal details for my employment in one place in an easy to use dashboard makes it seamless for me to obtain and update any information I need. I love the view of Workday and navigation is so effortless. Having it all on one page is incredible, and reassuring when I need to find something! I can change benefits information as needed and at any time right through the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. Workday solves everything for me when it comes to finding my employment information, benefits, and staff directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keeping the staff directory up to date is extremely helpful for employee use!

Workday enables me to access all of my important employment information at any time. At previous companies, I would have to login to several different platforms to obtain information that is all kept in one place with Workday. I am also able to receive updates from HR immediately with the Inbox messaging feature; keeps me informed at all times!

Workday HCM review by <span>Brittany L.</span>
Brittany L.

Clean Interface, Ease of Use

What do you like best?

I enjoy the interface because it is clean and aesthetically pleasing.

What do you dislike?

Some times, trying to get from A to B is confusing; multiple steps and taking you in circles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is an innovative company that needs a cloud HR software, go with workday. The normal HR software is archaic, slow and on-prem, which removes the ease of use from any interface (computer, mobile, etc). Workday gives all information in one, single source of truth versus pushing you to log into many different platforms to retrieve information.

I enjoy that I do not have to go through a third person to get the information that I desire, it is all available online, which gives me time back in my and allows me to own my information.

Learning about Workday HCM?

* We monitor all Workday HCM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.