Workday HCM

4.0

Workday Human Capital Management is built as a single system with a single source of data, single security model, and single user experience. Workday offers organizations a cloud-based system that evolves to meet changing business needs today and into the future. The user-friendly, global system also ensures that customers are always on the latest version with up-to-date capabilities, whether they’re using Workday on a browser or mobile device. Workday HCM is part of a single system with other Workday products including Workday Financial Management, Workday Payroll (for the U.S., Canada, France, and the UK), Workday Recruiting, Workday Learning, Workday Planning, and more.

Work for Workday HCM?

Learning about Workday HCM?

Workday HCM Reviews

Showing 710 Workday HCM reviews
Workday HCM review by Chelsea B.
Chelsea B.

"So Far So Good"

What do you like best?

Workday has an incredibly amount of features, so much so, that it can be quite intimidating at times. However, do not fret, once you figure out exactly what you are looking for, the processes become quite intuitive.

What do you dislike?

As listed above, WorkDay has so many features that it can be overwhelming, for people timid by technology it may not be incredibly "user" friendly. Don't be afraid to play around, there are also multiple ways to complete the same action which can be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something with a lot of features and customization to bring your processes to one place this is the product for you. If you struggle with technical programs, this may take some time for you to adjust to. It makes it much easier to work as a cohesive unit (organization) and we are excited to see how easily information can be shared and eliminate a lot of the manual reporting that currently exists within the organization. Take time to consider what features your organization has and needs, it would be nice to add in the ATS to have applicants in from start to finish but maybe in due time. Ultimately, a great program with great customer service.

WorkDay is allowing us the opportunity to integrate all of our HR systems from manual to automatic processes. It was a bit of a challenge integrating and adding in all of the pieces but will be easier in the long run.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workday HCM
Workday HCM review by Patrice F.
Patrice F.

"Not the best hr system"

What do you like best?

The design is really simple, not bulky, and presume to be user friendly. My organization upgraded to this system. Prior to this, we had to access multiple systems such as job applications, pay roll, performance management, benefit enrollment and management. Now, everything is in one place.

What do you dislike?

1) Job application process doesn't allow posting until a person who has given notices actually vacates the roll.

2) internal candidates (which may be the way my organization has set up the system) must log in to view job opportunities. I feel that this may need to monitoring/tracking that I would rather not have employer know about

3) The time off feature is confusing. It took me a while to figure out how to cancel a request. You have to go to the physical calendar and a click the request. The separate queue with request history doesn't allow you to cancel from there. That's very frustrating.

4) Each time you review/edit benefits you must re-confirm all benefits, instead of one specific section.

My organization is able to integrate multiple systems such as job applications, pay roll, performance management, benefit enrollment and management into one place.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Workday HCM review by Athena B.
Athena B.

"Change was hard, but for the better!"

What do you like best?

Before we switched to Workday we were using 3-4 different softwares to track different aspects of hiring, payroll, p-card reconciliation, etc. Now we can do it all through Workday. It's great to have a "one stop shop".

What do you dislike?

There are aspects of Workday that are not user friendly. When tracking timesheets and approving, you can only have one manager. So if an employee works in multiple departments you cannot list multiple supervisors. We also tried to implement the many aspects that Workday can accomplish all at once and that seemed to make it difficult. I would suggest working on one aspect at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are willing to put in the effort to learn the software, it is definitely worth it. You can manage many aspects of your workload all in one software program. There is also a mobile version of it as well.

Time tracking is simiple. You can get all employee information easily, update or add job positions, reconciling your expenses is definitely a smoother process. The program allows you to upload your receipt before submitting, choose the G/L code, add memos. While threre is steep learning curve, it can do amazing things.

Workday HCM review by David M.
David M.

"Robust but very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The look and feel, general flow of the HR business processes. I'm sure a lot of it, is how my company has decided to use it. There are lots of easy to use quick reference guides, and how to help files. Navigation and layout of the screens are easy. You can find pretty much anything using the search.

The recognition piece, for us you can leave a thank you not, in someone's profile, add a badge to it. It really helps lay the foundation of your culture to recognize someone publicly.

The mobile app is also amazing! you can do pretty much everything from it.

What do you dislike?

You sometimes lose visibility into what's next, or where is a current process stuck. Usually it is in someone else's workday inbox. Maybe there should be some kind of trace left in your own, and being able to remind people that they have something pending that you need, would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! I'm sure you can do demo or trial period engagements to see the value. All of my opinions of course are more towards the user experience, and I'm not aware of how is it from an administrator point of view, or actual HR business owner. Haven't heard any complaints either.

It basically streamlines all of our HR business processes. Hiring, Goals (performance), Recognition, Compensation. For all of our timesheets to billable projects in consulting, as well as expenses, it's all integrated. Don't get to participate much in it, but Payroll is also done through here...

Workday HCM review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Needs Updated"

What do you like best?

I like how when I'm looking for information on a certain topic, I can always find it in a timely manner. I've never had to go through and click on multiple areas to find the info I need. Everything is pretty grouped together.

What do you dislike?

I dont like the layout of the pages. Sometimes I get very confused as to where some of the external and internal links are located. And after the last update, they have completely jumbled everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always check your work before submitting anything payroll or time off related. Sometimes it is very time consuming to fix

I'm not really solving and problems, its more like I'm managing what few problems I have. Which is how I've benefited from using this program. I am able to track my personal performance, update and check my payroll each week, and manage all my time off I have/and will accumulate.

Workday HCM review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Very good timesheet system"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor. Sending reminders to everyone about updating info in workday is another good feature that we utilize often. It is also nice to have the quicklinks feature as it makes things easier to find in a time crunch. The payroll feature has been useful to me as well, I like being able to go back and see past checks.

What do you dislike?

The other features, such as benefits and messages, are not as easy to use as the timesheet. They are fine though, they just take some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a training for your employees about how to use it. Once you get used to it, Workday is simple but it can be confusing at first if you have never used it. I wouldn't say that this is a downside to the product though, as this is the case with any new technology or software system.

Keeping track of time worked, benefits, retirement, etc.

Workday HCM review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Great HR product"

What do you like best?

I can access all my personal and work related information on Workday. I can make changes on my benefits, my time sheet, personal bio info, etc. I can also obtain information on other people at my company as well. It is very easy to navigate around the website. I can view all of my payslips and change my direct deposit and W4 forms. It is truly a HR one stop for all.

What do you dislike?

The process can be tedious. Whenever I make a change, it goes through upper management. The goals and self appraisal process were also very confusing. There were multiple steps and I didn't see why it needed to be that way. They should've just made everything available online instead of us having to upload a word document of our goals and appraisals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For managers, it is important to take training seriously. It might seem very easy to use, but there are many tricks that you might learn. Also, with HR, it is based on individual so there are many "what-if" situations. Thus, you will have a lot of trial and error.

Having so many people in the company, it is very time consuming to manage HR related things for everyone on top of having new recruits. It is easily accessible for the current employees (can't say much for the new employees). I can access and make changes at home or at the office.

Workday HCM review by Patricia O.
Patricia O.

"Worday user review"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality and ease of use. The application allows use on your work computer, home use with a mobile app. The options are helpful to those employees who travel and are in the field and may not have direct access to work intranet. The mobility function is easy to use and allows quick access on the go to fill out time cards, update abscesses or even check paystub information.

What do you dislike?

Some options are not easy to find. I do work through using the search button for simple things like schedule options. The quick links can be helpful but some simple stuff is not always clearly labeled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to setup a point person for training the material to management. The initial role-out will have a lot of trial an error. Having a point person will help with the transition to the new system. The intergration of Taleo and workday still have kinks, especially around payroll. I would recommend making sure you are aware of how your salaries translate in the system. For example if you got multiple decimal places in one system Workday may not translate the salary the same way and that can cause you to be paying less in salary dollars than expected.

This allows easy access from management to employee review. Give the employees a true view of all the information with the ability to upload documents and update their information at anytime. The benefits do also allow all the employees and management to have access to the platform anywhere, whether that be using the website or the mobile app.

Workday HCM review by Douglas M.
Douglas M.

"Middle of the road"

What do you like best?

It makes adding and removing staff or assigning them to leadership teams a snap.The icons with the pictoral displays make it easy to navigate. The templates that are assigned for task completion are foolproof in that they include check lists.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome and is process driven. So as a result if a team leader or operations manager doesn't complete a task you cannot complete the move of an agent. Sometimes cancelled tasks remain as activities in your inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Alternate users under the same operation and leader level roles so that if one goes on leave or is absent a secondary person can complete terminations, staffing moves, or approvals for timekeeping.

It helped us consolidate time off and leave requests under one system after merging with another center. One benefit we realized is a streamlined Holiday, Absence, and Paid Time Off System. With the integrated calendar and tasks that go to supervisor inboxes we avoid missing requests, duplicate approvals, and have a clear line of sight for the remaining hours available for staff.

Workday HCM review by Kacee C.
Kacee C.

"Work Day HCM"

What do you like best?

I like the visibility that Work day gives you into the processes. It is a centralized system that allows view into every HR function. It is very straightforward and user friendly after some training.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of administrative work the system creates on the back end. And I also dislike that there restrictions in place that correspond to your role, there are some areas in HR that cross over into each other; there admin work comes when we have to correspond out side of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Resolving all HRs issues with workday, talent, payroll, employee records.. unfortunately, since implementation there's be needs to add more systems to supplement functionality because Workday is not capable of everything.

Workday HCM review by Alexandra H.
Alexandra H.

"Workday is a great tool for any employee to access all of their employment information!"

What do you like best?

Having all of my important personal details for my employment in one place in an easy to use dashboard makes it seamless for me to obtain and update any information I need. I love the view of Workday and navigation is so effortless. Having it all on one page is incredible, and reassuring when I need to find something! I can change benefits information as needed and at any time right through the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. Workday solves everything for me when it comes to finding my employment information, benefits, and staff directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keeping the staff directory up to date is extremely helpful for employee use!

Workday enables me to access all of my important employment information at any time. At previous companies, I would have to login to several different platforms to obtain information that is all kept in one place with Workday. I am also able to receive updates from HR immediately with the Inbox messaging feature; keeps me informed at all times!

Workday HCM review by Brittany L.
Brittany L.

"Clean Interface, Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the interface because it is clean and aesthetically pleasing.

What do you dislike?

Some times, trying to get from A to B is confusing; multiple steps and taking you in circles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is an innovative company that needs a cloud HR software, go with workday. The normal HR software is archaic, slow and on-prem, which removes the ease of use from any interface (computer, mobile, etc). Workday gives all information in one, single source of truth versus pushing you to log into many different platforms to retrieve information.

I enjoy that I do not have to go through a third person to get the information that I desire, it is all available online, which gives me time back in my and allows me to own my information.

Workday HCM review by Aaliyah-Mae H.
Aaliyah-Mae H.

"Very Accessible "

What do you like best?

The platform is laid out nicely and very user friendly. Workday is simple to navigate once you memorize the position of each of the specific widgets.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of different sections that can become overwhelming. This is easily solved once you become familiar with the system and understand the heading that more specific sections fall under

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always press the "submit" button when finished in a specific section to ensure that your changes have been applied and saved

Time sheet input. Makes submitting hours worked very simple. It gives lots of different options for the type of time that is being submitted (hours worked, vacation, time off with.without pay, etc...)

Workday HCM review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Modern Look, Less Modern Feel"

What do you like best?

Workday's Dashboard is great, although someone newly exposed to it may not see great value in it.

What do you dislike?

One of the most annoying things in Workday is, for example, after approving time off you'll receive a notification that time off has been approved for someone, even though you approved it. It's redundant, and while not a deal breaker, is simply annoying. In addition, after completing a time off approval task, the notification simply says that time off has been approved, but not on what date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A smaller company may not find as much value in workday with its variety of tools. If you're a company under about 100 or so employees, look into a smaller HRIS system.

Workday is used primarily for our associate management. We also use Workday for talent acquisition. Workday looks and feels like a modern system should and makes these processes flow quite seamlessly.

Workday HCM review by User in Higher Education

"Workday Review"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to work through the program - the home screen or the options on the side make it easy to find what I'm looking for. I mostly use it to log time, and to check benefits / pay slips. It's nice that it doesn't automatically download the payslip to view like other sites - it just shows up there.

What do you dislike?

I typically accidentally click on the company name when it comes to my payslips which brings me to information about the company, and not my time sheet - i wish that that option was placed in a different option - because it happens to me every two weeks.

I'm not solving any business problems - i do think the interface is nicer than the previous one the company was using (dayforce). it has a sleeker design to it, and I think it's more user friendly.

Workday HCM review by Shira S.
Shira S.

"Easy to Use HR Workbase"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate my team of 160. Through Workday I am able to review bi-weekly time sheets, review compensation increased, any pertinent information for mailings, as well as promote or terminate my employees.

What do you dislike?

Workday seems to always forget my password and I must log in through my google suite. I don't always have my computer on me and it would be nice if I could access it through a link instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool for everything payroll related. It is SO easy to use, makes time sheet tracking a breeze, and is very user friendly. It is simple to go in and correct any mistakes your employees make which makes it great for Monday mornings.

Workday has made it simple, easy, and efficient to pay each of my employees on a bi-weekly basis. Additionally, it has helped to manage the large fleet of employees I manage because everyone is listed under my team. Lastly, it has allowed me to keep track of my own paystubs, tax forms, and relevant information around my information.

Workday HCM review by User in Internet

"Good System to Handle HR/Payroll"

What do you like best?

My current company uses Workday for onboarding tasks (W4 forms, Direct Deposit forms, etc.), tracking time off, and accessing pay slips. I like that the workflow is intuitive and it's a good single platform to access a lot of the HR capabilities (changing tax elections is very simple through Workday, for example).

What do you dislike?

Although it is easy to navigate, there are sometimes too many steps to get to where you want to go. Notifications for tasks also take time to update. For example, I had previously completed a workday task, but still got notifications that I had to complete that task. When I clicked on the notification saying that I had to complete a task, it would lead me to the task page saying it was already completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From my understanding, my company doesn't utilize all the functions of Workday. For example, we use another software for job applications. I know that Workday does have that function, but from what I've heard, it's a clunkier process (more pages to be navigated) than other application softwares. For the purposes that my company uses Workday, it does its job and does it well. Every so often there are some glitches, like notifications not updating in real time, but those don't happen often.

With Workday comes a lot of efficiency in terms of the paperwork. As mentioned before, it makes it simple to access and change witholding elections or pay information. I know in other companies that didn't utilize workday, filing a new W4 required filling out a physical paper copy that was then transcribed digitally by an admin, which was a huge time suck.

Workday HCM review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Easier Flow for the New User"

What do you like best?

The user experience or the "work flow" so to speak simulates a smartphone where you can easily identify each tool by large icons to track all your Human Resource needs. You are able to update hours, predict vacation time, and change billing information all on your own without going through an actual representative from the department itself.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I did not like and had to get used to is the dual log-in services to get into the system. If I do not have the app on my phone, I cannot access Work Day without have to call a customer service line. I do understand it is for security purposes but it seems like a secured password could be enough.

The main benefit that this business resolved was the overall performance in reporting. It is more efficient, manageable, and resourceful for the administrator and user to give you the best information when needed. I have been impressed with the amount time that has been saved working off this system for my needs versus the HR system we used to have implemented.

Workday HCM review by David H.
David H.

"Easy Time Tracking For Employees"

What do you like best?

Using Workday was very easy to track my time. I logged in, hit clock in, done. Simiplicity is a beautiful thing and this made it easy for me and my co-workers to track our time. It was also easy to edit our time and also change who was billable for that time.

What do you dislike?

In my department would also use Workday as directory and it was hard to find people in other branches of the university. Sometimes I'd have to click every path available to find someone - a search feature would've been nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to track your billing and Workday is an easy way to do that. As an employee, I loved it. My manager had some gripes about it, but he didn't hate it.

The greatest benefit of Workday, as a regular employee, what that I could track my time and also see what its approval status. We get jobs to be payed and efficient tracking is vital to any employer and employee relationship.

Workday HCM review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"all employee info right where I need it"

What do you like best?

Love how easy & intuitive it is to navigate. Homepage is so clear and the design is attractive while not being distracting. I feel super in-control of my work info, as well as my benefits. It gives me access to certain resources that are not always immediately available directly through my company (benefits info).

What do you dislike?

There are a couple categories from the home page that are irrelevant to me/my job, such as the "Performance" tab and some of the financial spaces. Maybe this could be improved by giving my company/management some choice in what they put on there. Our company also uses a very specific vocabulary for our operations, both large-scale and day-to-day. It would be helpful if managers had the option of re-labeling some of the Workday tabs. All in all, it would be great if it could be more personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for the organization and reliability it provides on an individual and group level.

We are making employee resources immediately available in one place and providing info for individuals that they can access at any time, anywhere. It is especially helpful during the hiring process for getting the right paperwork filled out without having to meet in person excessively. The directory is also very useful to us. It keeps everybody in the loop, which is important because our staff members have very different levels of commitment to the company, so sometimes employees will be in only a couple days a week. Workday is an important touchpoint.

"Easy access"

What do you like best?

I like that everything that is HR related is in one page. Before, when we wanted to change our W4 form, we had to physically go to our HR department or go to a separate website but now everything is just few clicks away. Also, it looks very nice. Every function has a button with an image on it.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about this product but some buttons are kind of hidden. If I am doing something very specific and unusual, it takes me awhile. Also, if I want to change something about myself, it has to go through several steps. For example, if I want to edit my "About me" page, my supervisor is notified, which I thought was weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workday might be different from regular employee and managers. If there is on-site training for managers, it would be really helpful. For regular employees, just videos and online training would be great.

Our HR department is trying to make everything available online so even people at home can access it. It goes beyond payment and time sheet. We do our employee evaluation and goal improvements on Work Day as well.

Workday HCM review by User

"Better and Newer HR tool"

What do you like best?

I love the way it looks. It has icons so it's easier to access. Also, the dashboard is not overwhelming, yet it has all the buttons that I need. It depends on the company I guess but we have nine icons (benefits, performance and goals, absence, directory, personal information, pay, my hr reports, career, wss job aids). Within each icon, there are other related actions that you can take.

What do you dislike?

There are no clear directions. Also, every time I make an edit, it notifies my manager. It makes sense for my manager to get notified for certain things, but not like my name change. If I want to add my education background information, I need to have my transcript scanned. I do not want to put my transcript out for everyone in my company to see. That is personal information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is an phone app that you can download, but I don't recommend that because you have to answer three or four security questions every time you log in. They should include finger print.

We use Work Day to handle a lot of HR activities, such as viewing your Payslip, making changes in your W4,e tc. You can elect your benefits as well.

Workday HCM review by Susannah F.
Susannah F.

"Workday - best for all around HR use"

What do you like best?

Workday does it all. Recruiting, on-boarding, I-9, performance management, reviews, improvement plans, benefits, payroll, time off, terminations, surveys, reporting, and finance. you can do approvals and processes and set reminder.s you can make the reminders come from specific people or groups. you can send reminders to specific people or groups. regular reports can be sent out. you can track I9 and vista info which is really helpful.

What do you dislike?

almost overwhelming. can be a lot of clicks. you will always receive questions from employees. had to create lots of documentation for instructions. constant updates so had to redo documentation. always receiving employee questions. sometimes a lot of log-in time. search function could be better to show more relevance

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workday can do it all. IT is expensive but worth it. easy to do processes and reminders. You can do so much with workday, it really can encompass all of your HRIS needs.

reporting on people analytics - really help understand probelms and make real decisions for better actions in the company. For example implemented the voluntary termination process in workday so that employees who were departing would submit exit questionnaires and reasons for leaving with in workday and could track these reasons for leaving against their personnel info (i.e. dept, mgr, time in position, level, etc.) and then report out on the data in order to make better hires in the future or identify trends of why people were leaving to make improvements upon.

Workday HCM review by User in Internet

"Workday is intuitive and pleasant to use, making administrative tasks a breeze"

What do you like best?

Workday makes navigating these types of administrative tasks very simple, as they should be. The different portions of the application are organized neatly and things are intuitively where you might expect them to be. Requesting time off is especially simple, as long as the categories of time off available to you are straightforward (which is on your employer). Seeing your compensation and other employee information is very easily accessible as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to know when you have important messages in your inbox within Workday. It's not a huge issue because it is seldom that I have to check my Workday messages, but usually they are quite important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very simple to use for employees.

Administrative tasks and "meta-work" shouldn't take much time away from your actual work, and I feel that Workday helps me get back to work faster. Employee efficiency is a constant concern, and Workday definitely improves mine.

Workday HCM review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Prettiest HR software I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Workday looks good. The main dashboard has icons you can click on to navigate around (i.e. vacation time, directory, etc.). Time off requests can be submitted by clicking on dates in calendar (no accidentally booking a Saturday off when you work Mon-Fri!). It's also integrated with our email accounts so we receive notifications and reminders to our inboxes.

What do you dislike?

Revising or cancelling vacation is an absolute pain. Not to mention the summary that my manager receives shows the wrong details so it's very difficult for my manager to figure out what requests I've submitted and what I've corrected. They're listed by submission date instead of vacation date so the further apart the corrections are made, the harder it is to link them together!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like the software is great at what it's designed to do, but that in itself may be limited. Test it out and make sure it can do exactly what you want, so you're not left feeling like you can't do certain things.

It's an easy way to manage vacation/time off requests as well as employee goal submissions. The ability to submit things for review before final submission is key when it comes to these functions. Automated email notifications and reminders are handy since Workday is not a tool most of us use on a daily basis.

Workday HCM review by Mohd. Y.
Mohd. Y.

"Great HR tool"

What do you like best?

Nice user interface for employee profile. It displays everything at one place like profile, compensation. All Configurable modules like Training, benefits, Time off, Personal information etc. Feedback from other colleague or manager is good feature. Compensation and compensation history looks good and hold information appropriately.

What do you dislike?

No option to search specific label. It takes time in navigating each and every tab to find the specific information for ex. company code or organisation code. Generate report is not instant, it takes time to generate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and features.

Workday has managed all employee and HR related data very effectively. Navigating for multiple information has become effortless after we started using it.

Workday HCM review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Has the right features and looks slick, but ultimately clunky and not intuitive"

What do you like best?

APP

-ability to approve events on the go

-ability to add to my timecard on the go

WEB

-inbox stays up to date

-profiles for each employee

What do you dislike?

APP

Limited functionality for simple tasks. For example, the feature to approve Time cards is unhelpful because I can't see the individual events of the timecard.

WEB

This may be due to how my organization uses this program, but usability is not intuitive. Reports for common tasks are buried in sub folders, and I'll often have to run multiple reports for information that should definitely be available easier. Also, you can't remove items from your inbox without sending them along to a manager, which reaults in items permanently being there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask users what information they will need to access most and make this even easy to identify within the the progeam theough their customization options.

Employee management of HR benefits

Workday HCM review by User in Financial Services

"Workday is a solution to engage the business in HR matters"

What do you like best?

I like that Workday is intuitive, easy to use, and has functionality for both our back office HRIS team to understand and utilize, as well as our HRP for are on the front lines working with the business units.

What do you dislike?

There are some reporting functions I don't like for instance, I can't export the graphs that I will populate and it would be more beneficial than having to export into Excel and then make a pivotgraph to show the same information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what your key stakeholders are expecting out of Workday. It doesn't solve problems without the users doing some homework and hardthinking about what you need / desire from an HCM solution. The data itself is really powerful, but knowing what you want and what you hope to achieve is the best recommendation I can provide.

I'm using it for compliance and inclusion measurement and programming - it allows the information to be digested by multiple groups and pull the key pieces they need to implement.

Workday HCM review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Workday is a suitable HR management system"

What do you like best?

Visuals are appealing, and internal navigation is relatively simple. Setup depends on your company’s HR team, but my experience has been positive.

What do you dislike?

Load times are often way too long, especially when outside my normal office WiFi network. I have to log in many times a day to enter expenses while on the road, and the login process is cumbersome. It would be nice if Workday allowed you to remain signed in as long as you leave the app open on your mobile device. It would also be nice if there was a single-click “clock in” and “clock out” option rather than having to navigate through multiple pages and menus before being able to clock in or out. I lose 3-5 minutes of work time every morning just trying to get to the clock in screen.

Our full expense reporting process has moved to Workday, and while it took some adjustment, it’s been good so far. One note: it would be better if we could create expense reports with unlimited expense items. When I travel, I often have 30+ expenses per trip and am forced to file multiple expense reports because the system only allows for 250 or 25 expenses per report.

Workday HCM review by Max M.
Max M.

"Great HR system"

What do you like best?

Workday is very easy to use and navigate. The UX is one of the best that I have seen. For the most part the layout is intuitive. There is very little that I dislike or would change about Workday. I have not used many other competitive products but I do not see how they could really improve upon Workday.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps it is possible but I wish there was more customization available to what is or is not displayed on the Home page for my Workday page. There are certain features that I would like more direct access to than having to search or navigate to them and a shortcut button would be helpful. This may be an internal issue on our side but I wish that there was more governance over certain aspects such as job tittles. It appears as though the titles can be edited to what you or your manager chose which can cause some confusion.

I use workday to set my personal and work goals that are reviewed by my management. I often use the org chart to navigate my company's high-achy as it is easier to use than the internal org chat we have. I also will check workday to see if someone is still with our company as it is more up to date than LinkedIn.

Workday HCM review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"User-friendly Workforce Management"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Workday is how clean and simple the user interface is. It's generally very easy to find whatever you're looking for. One of my favorite features in particular is the interactive org chart, which lets you see a co-worker's place in their organization, who else works on their team and who things should be 'bubbled up' to. Very simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The only frustration I've run into so far in Workday is the lack of fuzzy-search functionality. Seems like a glaring omission from HR software, where some of the most commonly searched terms are first and last names. I work with a couple of Samirs and a couple of Sameers, and if I'm not sure which way the one I'm looking for is spelled I've gotta conduct both searches. Similarly, if I'm looking for myself in Workday, I will populate for Nicholas but not for Nick, even though this is an obvious relationship.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have very little experience with other HRMS considering my last few employers have been Workday customers. I would of course recommend researching all of your options in depth before purchasing but as a user I have encountered few if any difficulties with this software.

Workday is helping us simplify intra-office communication, allowing employees self-service access to org charts that make it quick and easy to find the right contact and get in touch with them. With Workday I don't need to get in touch with HR or a directory to figure out who I should talk to - I can conduct a search myself, browse through the org charts etc.

Workday HCM review by Tiffany L.
Tiffany L.

"Does the Job, But Not Well"

What do you like best?

Workday acts as a one-stop shop for employee HR needs. You can quickly adjust your preferences and make sure that all your paperwork is up to date. It also sends notifications so you do not have to check on your different statuses on your own. You get friendly reminders.

What do you dislike?

The interface is oversimplified. Workday tries to use just a few, large buttons for everything. It can make it hard to find anything specific. It also feels very impersonal. It becomes frustrating very fast and no support is really offered by the supplier to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that HR can provide support with the Workday system. Have people who can be reached via phone to help navigate the site.

Workday manages HR processes for employees.

Workday HCM review by Robin M.
Robin M.

"Excellent mobile experience"

What do you like best?

I really liked the ability to log in using TouchID. The mobile was not super quick in regards to response time but it was easy to navigate. It also was intuitive and offered easy access to the tabs I needed to use when away from my desktop. Submitting payroll was a quick, simple process that could be easily completed from the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

The app required quite a bit of load time and there would be drag when navigating between tabs. The desktop version was very basic which made it user friendly but not very attractive. Employees are unable to customize their mobile or desktop views. It would be nice to have the tabs customizable so employees can quickly and easily select the categories they need access to most often. Goal setting was not specifically useful. Goals were not broadcast and progress was not easily tracked. Using the program for goal setting was not a worthwhile investment of resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for employees working outside of traditional office. Mobile version works very well. It easily allows long distance managers to keep tabs on teams of any size.

Used Workday to track time clock punches, track payroll, request holiday and vacation time. It allowed the team to manage their own time and be accountable for their own vacation requests. It allowed management to quickly approve and submit payroll. W2 and paystubs are available quickly and in easy to read and use formats. Paystubs are stored for easy access at a later date. Workday was used to log goals but it was not useful in tracking progress to goals. You will be disappointed if you actually use goals to track and measure progress. If your company only sets individual goals as a means to satisfying an HR requirement end, then it will meet that minimum requirement.

Workday HCM review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Using Workday in a fulfillment center environment"

What do you like best?

I like that Workday can do so much for myself and my peers in HR. Since implementing over a year ago, Workday has taken on a lot of data storage for our time and attendance programs for hourly employees. It's also our hub for benefits and time off.

What do you dislike?

Workday is not always ideal for our environment which is a fulfillment center warehouse. We find that most of our employees are only able to access the internet via phone and the Workday app does not have full functionality. We also found that checking in-out via Workday directly did not quite fit the business of a warehouse so we invested in third party time clocks to capture worked time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for ample time for set up, work in implementation and go-live. A rushed implementation and go-live period into production is very risky and can cause a lot of administrative issues in the long run.

We utilize this software heavily for tracking time off, including leaves of absence. This is great from an administrative side because it talks directly with the payroll section of the system.

Workday HCM review by J. Nicole W.
J. Nicole W.

"Lots of potential"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the accessibility of workday for HR management. This process is immensely easier than the paper process we had before and on top of that it is very visually appealing. It is obvious that they've put a lot of time into developing this portion of their product because it is pretty intuitive and very effective.

What do you dislike?

I am annoyed by the inability to go back one page in most of the worklets. Like, if I click into a worklet and navigate to another page from there but need to go back, I generally have to go back to my home page, click on the worklet again, and start from scratch.

Well we've been able to digitize many of our processes by moving them to Workday which streamlines so much. From hiring, contracts, timesheets, time-off requests to changing benefits and completing performance evals. We're getting a lot done in a consistent manner (less room for human error).

Workday HCM review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"We have recently transitioned to workday as our university wide system for business purposes."

What do you like best?

The best feature of Workday is the fact that the program assists you in completing a large number of tasks. For example, if you forget a detail code when verifying a business purchase, it will pop a message up reminding you to do so. It is also nice that all business processing requiring my approval are filtered to a single inbox, rather than using multiple software platforms to complete different aspects of my administrative duties. Finally, I would comment that the user interface and it's "buttons" are quite easy to use and require very little training to become proficient in.

What do you dislike?

The biggest aspect of Workday that I dislike is the timeout feature. If I have to look something up in reference to an action item like a purchase transaction, it is more than likely that I will be logged out when I get back to the Workday tab. Five minutes is simply not enough and constant interaction with the Workday interface is an unreasonable requirement. I also wish that there was an easier way to see all of my direct reports time on one screen rather than having to access each individual employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is excellent for streamlining systems.

Workday has sped up a great number of the processes we use at the university. From travel documents to host forms and other approvals, it is an efficient system to complete tasks. I greatly appreciate this as the multiple platforms we were using before required a lot of time for switching between systems and tracking information across softwares.

Workday HCM review by Keven U.
Keven U.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Im use to communicating with HR to do everything I do on Work Day. I love how accessible Work DAy make finding the important information I need.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Work Day that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work Day makes communicating with HR easy. I am able to take care of my business without having to worry if my information is correct or even being taken down. I feel like Work Day should be a standard for all businesses, especially those with a lot of employees like mine has.

Work Day allows me to properly track my hours. I am able to give up to date information instantly.

Workday HCM review by Ravi Ranjan S.
Ravi Ranjan S.

"Great HR tool with all features"

What do you like best?

Organizational hierarchy and Charts are very nice. Feature to search other employees details with their name and email. All HR related tasks and activities at one place like HR related data, Employees data, Time off request, Performance and Goal tracking. Inbox for new incoming requests and for to-do.

What do you dislike?

Performance and goal management needs more improvements. They look plane and very simple. Not easy to locate a new features like time off from the standard options. You need to know more before using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Uniform and consistent look and feel of the application. Nice experience of using this tool.

HR related all tasks managed and handled effectively.

Workday HCM review by Elizabeth F.
Elizabeth F.

"Excellent HR Central"

What do you like best?

I really love the way multiple functions can be encorporated into Workday. Easy to use and friendly interface and GUI that allows for navigation to be simple to use and to teach. Fairly intuitive design. I like the use of icons and the simple animations that are embedded into the system.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like. Maybe the excess of notifications that can be sent to your Workday Inbox for every little thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to centralize things and avoid the use of multiple systems. Employees will like this so that there is one place to go for multiple uses and only one password to rememeber!

Takes care of time off requests, payroll and tax documents, contracts, compliance training, as well as employee information.

Workday HCM review by Natalie C.
Natalie C.

"Retail Experience with Workday"

What do you like best?

Its simplicity and user interface is inviting and quick to master. I find that if I can figure something out during the first 5 minutes of use it means that I will be able to teacher others to use it with ease as well. I like that the scheduled maintenance is most often kept to off-hours where no coworker is put a disadvantage to completing work because they have to wait for it to finish its work.

What do you dislike?

the categories could be expanded. They seem to just default to the simplest of categories which can be modified which is a great workaround, so this isn't really a dislike more of just an initial annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is very easy to use and helps with transition from other software. Its quick and doesn't have any noticeable lag at all. The simplicity helps with non-tech savvy coworkers who find using technology difficult.

This software allows us to streamline new hires and introduce them to our system and how to access their individual information and change what they would like.

Workday HCM review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Company is new to the platform -- still figuring it out "

What do you like best?

I love that you can customize Workday to provide users with ability to track and view multiple things. Also a huge time saver and eliminates emails & phone calls to HR to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

My organization is new to the platform and still figuring out how to use -- so some of the functions I am used to utilizing are not being used. My previous employer had fully integrated Workday into use -- so it was a huge help. I wish it were a bit more functional from a mobile device -- still a bit buggy.

Eliminates spending a lot of time trying to get questions answered -- especially when working for a large organization. Can access everything from time off, pay stubs, and benefits information without having to visit multiple sites or navigate through HR chain.

Workday HCM review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"The Most User-Friendly Out There!"

What do you like best?

The flow of it is seamless. I never felt intimidated by navigating the system - always simple to go "home" and start back over if needed to go to a different area of the program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the submit icon is hard to locate if on a tablet screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is extremely user friendly and for the less-seasoned PC user it will be simple to navigate without feeling lost. With many softwares one feels that they get too deep into it and can't start back over, but with Workday you can always go "home" and start back over!

Applicant tracking , showing exactly where they are in the process.

Workday HCM review by Tamara S.
Tamara S.

"Good product, could use some minor changes"

What do you like best?

Access both in the office and from home. Simple to enter time and time off requests. If I forget to enter my time at work I can do it at home.

What do you dislike?

Data doesn't flow as i would expect it to but you get used to it. They also made changes to the colors in the screen which i don't care for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a great program. I wish they would go back to their previous color setting though. The blue and white background makes it look a little clinical and hard to follow at times.

Time management, pay checks, tax info, year end and mid year reviews

Workday HCM review by Sean M.
Sean M.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like that you can view all your paychecks and W2 information from workday. It is a great service that my company uses. I can view all of my HR documents in one place and make changes easily.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can not customize the dashboard. I want more customization. It is better for customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work day is a great product. I think every company should use this software because you can see all of your HR documents in one place.

Human resources solves the problem of having great documents in one place for their workers.

Workday HCM review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Super Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love that Workday offers a single place that I can take care of all of my pay and time needs.

What do you dislike?

I have been using workday for over two years now and I have not had a problem at all with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a program that makes it easy for your employees to track their time and manage sick and vacations days than this is the program you have been searching for.

Workday makes it so easy for me to submit my time and keep track of my hours. I also love that I can manage my time off and health benefits all through one program.

Workday HCM review by Rhema L.
Rhema L.

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

I like that its easy to find people in the company I work for. Working for a large university means you don't always meet every single employee in the company, Therefore when I need assistance from a certain department, it can be daunting to narrow down a specific person. Workday helps me with this process.

What do you dislike?

Lately there was a new update that when you get to a certain person's profile, you have to click on the name and phone to actually see the phone. This is a minimal annoyance, but I prefer the way the phone number just appeared under the person's profile picture.

The problem of not knowing how to assist students in our university, and or people who are needing to do business with the university. It impossible to be able to memorize every single department at a university; workday helps us helps students and other customers with ease.

Workday HCM review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like workday a lot! Its interface is very clean and I find it to have a large amount of data in a useful format! I feel like it provides me with lot of great information!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes certain things are placed in strange categories that make it hard to find. Also, even when using the search function it is hard to find things. For example I think that the compensation section should maybe be under pay not About Me, or at least pop up in the search function.

I can see all my paychecks, give reviews to my coworkers, and submit important paperwork. I also know it can hold all coworker's birthdays and send reminders. it also made my onboarding process much much simpler because I could upload most things on to that and everything was handled before my first day!

Workday HCM review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Workday Review"

What do you like best?

The functionality of workday is pretty user friendly. I haven't had any issues.

What do you dislike?

I am not really a fan of the new update. I use workday a lot to look up coworkers and it is not as intuitive as it used to be as far as where information is held.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time going through workday and exploring. It is hard to know where all the information is without doing that first.

We use the benefits, PTO, onboarding, and compensation managements portions. I like that it is all in one place instead of in multiple systems.

Workday HCM review by Kamla K.
Kamla K.

"Pretty good at keeping all info though slow"

What do you like best?

I think the best thing I like about workday its ability to store all information and have so many different fields and thus works out pretty good. You can also track updates and the different steps in a particular process.

What do you dislike?

Its pretty slow at times and sometimes just freezes on you. I would say the folks need to figure out these bugs and make it faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the workday work space faster and this can only be done by figuring out bugs and probably internal stuff.

Tracking normal HR and personal information stuff. Its just a storehouse of all the info in the world.

Workday HCM review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Clunky and confusing"

What do you like best?

From a user standpoint, I don’t think there are many positive features of Workday. I guess one positive is that all HR tasks/areas are located in one dashboard but that’s kind of the point.

What do you dislike?

The modules are difficult to navigate through (there’s no back button or arrow.) It’s unclear when you’ve actually completed and submitted all items for a task (for example: when onboarding for a position.) From an operational standpoint, we’ve had a lot of difficulty integrating Workday into our other HR softwares.

This manages all HR-related tasks: pay slips, benefits management, W2 distribution, onboarding tasks etc.

Workday HCM review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"I like the concept but poor the poor usability is very frustrating"

What do you like best?

I like that it is one portal for many employee resources and tools. I'm sure there are many more useful features I haven't even used.

What do you dislike?

Every task seems daunting. While the initial interface looks to be clean and user-friendly, it's very clunky and frustrating, especially performance management and self-evaluations. Even simple tasks such as submitting and editing time off isn't intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this is a powerful tool, I'd consider other options unless significant improvements to usability are made in the near future. I'm sure there are many other tools within this program that are very useful, but I do not have the desire to check out other features since the ones I have experience with haven't been all that impressive.

I am able to manage my career and utilize tools for planning and development all in one place.

Workday HCM review by Camille N.
Camille N.

"Cool Advanced User Experieince, Lacking in capabilities"

What do you like best?

The look of the product is very impressive - and that it is a beginning to end HR services is fantastic too.

What do you dislike?

This is an all-inclusive product, so that means products that are individual pieces of the HR puzzle (on the high end) have many more capabilities than Work Day. For example, there is no calendar integration with Workday?!?!?!?!?!? Ideally Workday wants all employees at a company to work through this software system, but who can that happen when you have to toggle back and forth between your scheduling tools? This is one of many features that the top SaaS companies in HR offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workday does do an integration with many systems, but certainly not all. Evaluate what products you use right now that you want to keep, and see if they will integrate or offer another similar solution.

The fact that is does give a beginning and end solution for the life of an employee makes tracking trends in employee performance and life cycle possible. With this information you can evaluate causality of these performance trends and then adjust your business process.

Workday HCM review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"The Best of the Best"

What do you like best?

I love that Workday has a bi-annual release cycle, with feature enhancements and upgrades introduced on a weekly basis. The system is hyper-configurable and you can really tailor it to the needs of your specific organization.

What do you dislike?

It can be really hard to keep up with all the updates and changes going on. In the past, Workday didn't do that great of a job of communicating changes. They have gotten a lot better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workday may not be right for your organization if you are smaller (less than 1,000 employees). We have struggled to keep up with all the innovation going on at Workday. When staffing internal support for Workday, just be aware that it takes a village.

Turnover, Retention, Succession Planning, Skills Gap Analysis, Time to Fill and Cost Per Hire

Workday HCM review by Administrator

"Workday!"

What do you like best?

Its extremely user friendly for both the employer and self service portal for employees. The sleek, updated design of the homepage and the ability to access all of this information on a mobile device. The on boarding process is very straight forward for new employees - rave reviews.

What do you dislike?

Customization for employers, since there are many Workday users, there are a few sections that we are unable to customize. One example being the gender selection is solely Male/Female and we wish this could be edited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump on board, great product that is user friendly for both admin users and employees.

Compensation, Onboarding, Payroll - Workday is extremely efficent and easy to use. The benefits are more streamlined processes and less paper!

"Excellent Administrative Software"

What do you like best?

System is user friendly and I thoroughly enjoy being able to correct business processes according to the frequent changes that my department receives. It is exceedingly helpful being able to scroll through the background and history on candidates to understand where they are in process.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the way the system kicks backs errors with limited explanation. It can cause hold ups in the business processes and approvals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize all training that is available.

Effectively transferring candidates to new managers can be difficult if the dates are not properly aligned. The effective date and first date of work starting have to be aligned or employee access may be cut off prematurely. Benefits include the ease altering employee information according to continual back office change.

Workday HCM review by Nishanth K.
Nishanth K.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

The SaaS offering removes the pain of updates. I also like the autopush notifications option. Moreover, the overall UI is very friendly. It is very easy to navigate through the various modules and also to track existing workflows.

What do you dislike?

This was the status quo, and I do not have any complaints so far. The one thing that could probably improved is explaining the product better to the people who are logging into workday for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, so I would recommend Workday.

Understand the OKRs and track them through the quarter. I can easily apply for leaves and track my pending requests.

Workday HCM review by Consultant

"Gold Standard HCM Saas"

What do you like best?

Workday's front end configuration capabilities allows functional consultants maximum capability to customize the software to fit client needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how cumbersome the bi-annual updates can be for clients. I think Workday should do more to help clients manage each upgrade so that their HRIS teams do not have to spend so much time and resources testing new features and ensuring that their current set up does not break when the new update takes place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not rush your implementation. If you find that after implementation you need additional support, hire a consulting firm that specializes in post implementation support.

I am able to support clients and end users manage company compensation events and structures.

Workday HCM review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Excellent HR Management platform"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how easy it is as a manager to get a quick and detailed overview of my team. It's very easy to transfer, give them raises, and other actions.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. It would be nice if the mobile app would allow you to store your password and give more detailed info for timecard approvals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very easy to use and implement tool that you can access from anywhere. I would highly recommend this - especially if you're looking for integration with other software.

I'm able to keep track of my team very easily. This provides excellent integrations to Jobvite - allowing for us to see what positions are available in the system and get them setup to an online application.

Workday HCM review by Lamar P.
Lamar P.

"My favorite ATS so far"

What do you like best?

Everything is very intuitive in my opinion. The processes make sense and once you learn how to really use the system it's quite nice!

What do you dislike?

There are rare instances where it seems to glitches, but I'd say it's less than 1% of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of tools in the system that most people aren't aware of I feel. You can really optimize your use if you take some time to learn the system!

We're able to easily pinpoint and snapshot candidates in various statuses.

Workday HCM review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Workday Simplifies Employee Information"

What do you like best?

The layout is super simple and intuitive. Clean design, easy navigation through the website, and good organization of content.

What do you dislike?

We have had a lot of problems transferring information from our old system. Not sure if that was just because of the system we were using or if all transfers create issues. It was worth the hassle though because I like Workday more than our old system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have some hassle transferring information over from your old program. But know that once things are up and running, they run well. It is a simple system that makes doing things like viewing paychecks and electing benefits simple. The goal setting feature is okay but could use improvement.

Easy navigation to find information means less calls from our workforce to ask how to find things.

Workday HCM review by Bryan P.
Bryan P.

"Workday - solid HR system that keeps things simple"

What do you like best?

I like that there are limited options and ways to navigate the app. Most of the time, the info you're looking for or actions you're trying to do don't need to be complicated, so keep them simple

What do you dislike?

WorkDay doesn't seem to connect well with other systems (decent on direct integration but the report export formats are limited), so when you want to use WD data in other systems, it can be troublesome

Managing/requesting PTO, finding team members and their managers/hierarchy. We do integrate WD into our PSA system, which helps to keep hierarchy and job titles current.

Workday HCM review by User

"Stylish Powerful HR tool for the new generation"

What do you like best?

Workday is a cloud-based enterprise resource planning tool for the new generation. It has a sleek uncluttered interface that is easy to navigate for not only HR professionals but also the workforce that they support. It is easy to generate reports on literally any metric and this is key and critical for business and resource planning functions within HR.

What do you dislike?

There are parts of the ERP that are definitely style over function - for example, the org chart under team looks over pretty but it is clunky and it's auto-refreshing is time consuming. I wish there were a few places that I could turn off the profile pictures and just have the names of individuals. There have also been a few instances where WorkDay functionality has not worked- individuals couldn't be moved into new roles and the help team couldn't figure out why.

Resource and business planning have been pain points for my organization but this has really streamlined the reports acquisition that older, clunkier systems have made impossible to do. As my organization goes through significant change, workday has made it easier to track changes at any point in time. For example, reports can be run for a given point in time, regardless of how long ago it was.

Workday HCM review by User in Higher Education

"Useful for the end-user"

What do you like best?

It has a nice user interface, the different sections that I frequently look at such as tax information, places to update my address, places to sign up for healthcare, etc. are easily accessible. The landing page is very clean, and the software feels very secure because of two-factor authentications that are required. You can do many things right from Workday such as leave requests or vacation requests and it does allow me to review my current benefits very easily

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike any feature as a user to be honest. Some of the less tech savvy people do not like the fact that you have to use 2-factor authentication, and gave some pushback, but it is nice that it feels more secure.

Managing HR nitty-gritty administrative requirements.

Workday HCM review by Mallory D.
Mallory D.

"OK ATS"

What do you like best?

It streamlines converting the applicant data to employee data.

What do you dislike?

It paints the picture that recruiters will be able to be more mobile using the app so they can be out recruiting more. The app does not have all the capabilities needed to operate in the recruiting role. Also, it is hard to accurately track results. We pulled several different reports and came up with different numbers in each one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the volume of hires you plan on having. We higher on average 100 people a month in various cities and its difficult to manage this type of volume with this system.

We wanted to have a "one stop shop" for all departments in our company. The WD Recruiting tool was supposed to solve our issues, but has not lived up to the promises it made.

Workday HCM review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Working through workday"

What do you like best?

I like the way we are able to connect various parts of what we do as a company. For instance, we can onboard and provide opportunity to sign up for various amenities at the same time. This has reduced our paper use overall and increased our ability to serve people efficiently and effectively.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve and in today's world, I don't always have time to dig deep enough. This means that I personally may not get full use of the product because I don't have time to learn it all.

Onboarding issues, connection to other departments, communication benefits, quick access to information regarding my employees, cut in use of paper

Workday HCM review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Easy, Neat, User-friendly System"

What do you like best?

As an HR system, it has many functions, but as a user with very basic needs, I like that Workday is user-friendly and I can find what I need simply and quickly. I also like the way the directory is organized so I can easily look up various members of the organization using anything as specific as their name to a general supervisor.

What do you dislike?

My company still has a few areas not integrated properly and not updated quickly (such as staff changes). I also wish I could stop the email notifications or there were a simple "instant message" type thing when I make changes to limit the number of clicks/steps required each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the administrator level, I would make sure to integrate other parallel systems if you can, specifically pay roll.

The best use for me (and for the HR department at our company) is being able to update and change benefits quickly and easily without needing to email or speak with a rep.

Workday HCM review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Great HR product"

What do you like best?

Access all personal and work related information on Workday. Can make changes on my benefits, time sheet, personal bio info, etc. Can also obtain information on other people at my company as well. It is very easy to navigate around the website. Can view all of my payslips and change my direct deposit and W4 forms. It is truly a HR one stop for all.

Workday HCM review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Workday is great!"

What do you like best?

It is extremely simple to use. It is very user friendly. It is configurable.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not as intuitive as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did an RFP which included Peoplesoft and other products that were not cloud based. I would recommend everyone move to a cloud-based system and Workday in general if they are looking for ease of use, a system that is always current and configurable.

We had no true HRIS system and relied on an ancient payroll program for HRIS.and reporting. Workday is now our system of record and we can maintain information that we weren't able to before and report off of these fields. We will be implementing new modules as we move forward. Payroll, Compensation Management and possible applicant tracking are next.

Workday HCM review by shannon m.
shannon m.

"Workday can make you work for it"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have all company records in once place.

What do you dislike?

So much to list here.... but at the top of the list... making it more user friendly. There was not a training session for this software, so much of it is trial and error.

I am not a fan of the log in process which requires you to key in a number that is texted to your phone...

Imputing time on a worker's time card can be tedious...

The ease of putting all PTO into one place.

Workday HCM review by Consultant

"Great Products - Arrogant Buying Experience "

What do you like best?

1) Workday's ERP is second to none for large enterprise.

2) It's object base architecture is beautifully designed, very secure and truly global in both depth and scope.

3) The UI/UX is excellent. For beginning end users the tool is simple to use and for master users they can go deeper than any other tool on the planet.

What do you dislike?

1) Workday's sales culture is arrogant, boastful and stiff, which is understandable as most new sales hires are coming from the likes of SAP, Oracle/Netsuite and Ultimate Software. This creates a buying experience, which is not only time consuming and expensive, it's also abrasive, because no one likes working with braggots.

2) Seriously too expensive.

3) Crazy long implementation process. Also, don't be surprised when you need to cough up more money in the middle of implementation. Remember this post before you walk into your CFO's office with your hands out...AGAIN.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save up your money and buy it, if you are serious about transforming your business. If you're a company under 1,000 don't bother.

Pretty much any ERP issue under the sun, with the exception of inventory management.

"Five Stars for Workday"

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of workday- I'm able to review my timesheets, time off, etc so easily.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints so far! I think it would be nice to have less clicks in between logging time off but that's just a overly picky thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very self-explanatory! Great way to track all of your time activity, benefits, etc. I'd go through and make sure everything is set up correctly and from there, it's just a great spot to track all of your personal information at your company!

Through workday, I manage my compensation, HR benefits, performance management, and time tracking. I find it to be so easy to log/monitor all of those things and it's really helped me to be efficient at work!

Workday HCM review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Streamlined punchcards and vacation requests"

What do you like best?

Before Workday we had multiple systems for managing time cards, vacation requests and other HR related stuff.

It's nice now to have a one-stop-shop for insurance, pay-stubs, vacation requests and time-cards.

What do you dislike?

One issue is that it sometimes doesn't recognize hours that go past midnight. I work 3rd shift 11pm - 7am, but to get it to calculate 8 hours correctly I log it as midnight to 8am.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a one stop shop for HR related issues, workday may be for you.

It's really good for time tracking and vacation requests.

Employees can also easily track Benefits elections, and make changes.

It is also easy to access recent paystubs and see total compensation.

Time tracking, Vacation requests. Streamlined scheduling.

Workday HCM review by Jody M.
Jody M.

"Interesting that you can combine so much info in one place"

What do you like best?

I like that workday is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. It is great to have one place to visit with all of the HR information in one place. When I finally find the information that I need, it is displayed in an easily understandable manner and I like that I have all of this information at my fingertips.

What do you dislike?

I feel as though it is a little difficult to navigate all of the possible places to find your information. I feel like every time I go into WorkDay, I am searching for several minutes before finding something that I need. If the software can be a little more user friendly and easier to find items, I would love it. Even something that allows for a user to access a "tree" of information and where to look would be helpful.

We used to use multiple different software (cannot remember the names) for all of the abilities that Workday now tracks for us. We are able to go to one central location and find all of the information that we need to find. I know that Workday has helped our organization alleviate the stress from HR to have to answer all of the questions people had regarding their information that is now easily accessible in Workday.

Workday HCM review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Workday: time and expense chamption"

What do you like best?

While there's so much to do in the way of HR management: expenses, time tracking, time-off tracking, etc. Workday does a fantastic job of managing all of that under one roof. It also makes mileage and expense tracking incredibly easy. It can such a pain to track that stuff consistently, and Workday does a great job making that easy for employees.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike here. At times, the UI can get a little frustrated, and it feels like features are "hidden", but overall, it's an incredibly strong product. The Performance Review UI isn't the easiest thing to navigate either. It can be a bit clunky and tedious

Recommendations to others considering the product

The mobile app is an absolute game-changer. Especially since employees can submit expenses via the mobile app, it's much, much easier to stay on top of expenses and keep them current.

We need to do lots of things in our company--track time, track expenses, manage performance, etc. Workday helps us to do all of that in a single system, which is a major advantage for our people to get so much of this under one roof. Especially when the mobile app, it helps us tracking expenses so much more efficiently (just ordered food? waiting for it to be delivered? snap a picture of the receipt, upload, and process the expense on the spot) it helps our people get paid faster, and keeps our organization on top of expenses.

Workday HCM review by Keith M.
Keith M.

"Great for applying to jobs and current positions"

What do you like best?

When I worked for one company, it was great to have a collection of everything HR-related in one website that looked great, easy to navigate, and literally contained everything. Really wouldn't even have to ask for help as everything was located on Workday and it was easy to find. Also recently learned that some companies can post positions on Workday, making it even easier to apply to them.

What do you dislike?

Really not much to dislike about Workday. As I've previously said, it does everything that I need or want it to do without overloading the user with information that isn't needed. That's how a HR website is supposed to get it done. Keep the nitty gritty; forego the fluff.

Helping HR with their workload so they can focus on other tasks.

"Workday is great!"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. When you first log in, the icons for your options with pictures on them makes it easy to maneuver through!

What do you dislike?

I don't like how small the font is when you click into specific information and I do not like how all of the tabs look the same and are boring gray boxes.

We complete our annual reviews. It also houses our employee data, salary information, org structure, time off and expenses. The benefits are the fact that we can have all of this information in one place without having several platforms to find this information like we use to have. It is also very easy to use.

Workday HCM review by User in Computer Software

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

It's clean and modern and great for scalability but it's not as intuitive as it could be for the everyday user. I'm only really in there for very simple tasks like checking benefits, seeing teammates, and reviewing pay slips. It is, however, great for power users like in an HR function to do deeper data analytics.

What do you dislike?

Compared to smaller HR software like Zenefits or BambooHR, it's not intuitive to the user.

Switched over to Workday from Bamboo because we're growing rapidly. In terms of scalability and growth support in the future, Workday is the best choice but it's fairly complex to navigate and implement. No benefits yet as we just switched about a month ago.

Workday HCM review by Adia S. G.
Adia S. G.

"User-Friendly all encompassing HA Service"

What do you like best?

Everything that you need to understand / facilitate for HR purposes is at your fingertips! I love that I can easily update my sensitive information and have an easy avenue through which I can reference expenses, timetracking, etc.

What do you dislike?

I think that the user interface could be a bit more streamlined but other than that, it's great.

I love that I don't have to petition anyone in HR for accessing simple information about my pay, what benefits I have or what hours I've clocked. The delegation feature is awesome because I can track expenses for all of the people to whom I report.

Workday HCM review by Aaron F.
Aaron F.

"Best HR software application out there"

What do you like best?

A modern HR application that truly transforms traditional HR departments into a modern, strategic solution for talent acquisition, talent management, learning, payroll and benefits. Also accessible through our employees and leaders mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

If you are used to traditional HR systems like Peoplesoft and Lawson then you may have a learning curve as you experience the shock of a vastly different experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend making the switch. It’s the best modern HR system out there beating Oracle HCM Cloud, Infor and Ultimate.

Provides a mobile solution for our employees and leaders around talent analytics, acquisition and management. Also poor idea our employees a great HR self-service experience.

"Solid Platform"

What do you like best?

The interface is fairly intuitive and the UI/UX is really nice. I wasn't using the software for very complex functions, but it met most my needs without too much hassle.

What do you dislike?

While I feel that the design of the platform was nice, it seemed a little over-simplified. Also, there were some issues finding relatively basic stuff (i.e. I needed to click into the "Request Time-Off" feature again in order to look at days I already had approved & holidays. Why couldn't these be integrated automatically into a calendar?).

I also had trouble finding documents that I signed via HR in the platform. I could always look up the notifications, but it would be nice to have a singular location for each important HR document that I electronically signed via the platform. After I reviewed them, they disappeared forever unless I explicitly downloaded and saved them to my PC.

I used the platform specifically to receive and review documents specific to my compensation, benefits, W2 information, Time-Off requests, and Performance Review/Feedback.

Workday HCM review by User in Financial Services

"Not intuitive - but very useful once you ramp up"

What do you like best?

I like that I have one system to manage a lot of HR functionality from expense reporting to hiring to payroll - it makes it easy to figure out where to go to get information.

What do you dislike?

I don't find the UI of the system to be very intuitive for a new user and there isn't a lot of built in "help" functionality into the tool that makes it easy for a new user to navigate the system. I get a lot of questions from new employees about how to use the tool.

It is used as our primary HRIS system so we are doing everything from payroll to employee management to hiring to accounting in this particular system. In terms of benefits, it is helpful to have one integrated system that manages all of this functionality.

Workday HCM review by Lindsay E. P.
Lindsay E. P.

"Intuitive and ease of use! "

What do you like best?

As a user of Workday, I like that all HR components live and breathe inside one system. From time to performance to compensation, I can find everything I need in one place.

What do you dislike?

Again, the system is VERY intuitive, if I had to pick out one minimal change, adding/editing time is confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend - seems functional and intuitive for all organizations, small business to enterprise

Increase efficiency amongst cross-functional groups, saving time not having to log in and out of different systems

Workday HCM review by Iwona M.
Iwona M.

"Everything at my fingertips"

What do you like best?

Streamlined menu allowing you to find the category you need at a glance.

What do you dislike?

Adding information/completing lengthy tasks is unnecessarily complicated, by having to click through several menus to return to the starting point, instead of a single "back to task list" option somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of accessibility - all apps represented visually and allowing quick and intuitive navigation.

Hiring/promoting, onboarding and benefits selection in one accessible platform.

Workday HCM review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Organized and Efficient "

What do you like best?

I really like that it houses all the information I need to access in one place and in a very organized and easy to use way.

What do you dislike?

As of now, I have nothing bad to say. The platform has allowed me to easily access informatio for any questions I may have with everything from Payroll to Benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use it. It is an extremely organized way to access information.

Allows for a place for all employees to access their individual information and enables them to get the answers they need without contacting HR directly. Therefore, it helps the employee and HR communication process run smoothly.

Workday HCM review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"HR Solutions for Everyone"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access Workday from my computer and also my phone. I can make changes to my profile such as direct deposit, time off requests, etc from anywhere. Platform is easy to use and very user friendly

What do you dislike?

Some of the time off requests don't always work they way i want them to. If I want to change something simple like adjust the day i want to take off or delete a day I want to take off, I have to wait for my manager to approve it before I can submit a timesheet

Recommendations to others considering the product

very easy to use, customizable, efficient

Employees are much more satisfied with the payroll and HR process. Their customer service is very responsive

Workday HCM review by User in Computer Software

"Workday Review"

What do you like best?

Great resource for streamlining information and hiring/hr practices. It's very intuitive and easy to use. To give you context on how I use the tool, I am in a recruitment role, and manage a team. Reporting is also really easy to do via WD.

What do you dislike?

Their ATS needs A LOT of work. It's reporting is amazing, but actually using it to see where people are in the process and as an ATS, it is at least a year away from where it should be to compare to Jobvite, Lever, etc. Would be great if they would let us integrate a more advanced system easily, rather than making it super difficult to persuade us to use their ATS.

Workday is our "source of truth" - so it is helping us really understand and identify what we're hiring for, who (in terms of recruiters, and hiring managers), when, and budgets. Having one system as a source of truth is a huge game changer.

Workday HCM review by User

"Great for self scheduling!"

What do you like best?

Workday was very easy to use. The portal was designed well it is aesthetically pleasing, and was easy to navigate. I was able to log my own hours easily. I could even log all my hours at once for a period or log them individually. Somedays I did a combination. You can also use Workday on your mobile device although sometimes you have to go through a portal to authenticate yourself as a user.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface would be glitchy or slow. If I entered all of my hours at once there was a tendency for the software to incorrectly log some making me go back and edit the hours. I also wasn't sure how once I submitted hours to my supervisor whether I could go back to change it. There is also no chat support so I believe I would've had to call my companies IT to reach out to Workday HCM and I wasn't sure how that worked at all. I also found that there are certain links to get to your workday portal and if I didn't have the exactly right URL I couldn't log my hours correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If most of your employees work from home, you can trust them to set their own hours honestly, and you don't have someone in HR for them to communicate with besides HR this will be great for you! The interface is very easy to use.

Scheduling, human resource management, time clock. The benefits of scheduling!

Workday HCM review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"A mixed bag"

What do you like best?

I like that I can find a lot of information in one place - my benefits elections, my direct report's birthdays and work anniversaries, new hire on-boarding status, pay stubs, PTO balance, etc. I can also update my personal information from Workday.

What do you dislike?

To me, Workday seems a bit clunky. For example, if I want to update my personal information for HR, there are 7 different options to choose from of things I can "change" and there are 7 options of things I can "view." It would seem much more efficient if those 7-14 things were just listed out all together when I clicked on "Personal Information" with the option to "edit" anything on the page (as most websites offer nowadays). I'm also not a huge fan of their on-boarding section. We previously used Red Carpet for on-boarding and I liked their interface a lot better. With Workday, I can't see any due dates for the new hire, only tasks that are in progress or complete...and until they complete certain tasks, I can't see any part of their on-boarding.

Workday HCM review by User in Internet

"Great way to organize time, benefits, and career opportunities"

What do you like best?

All of the dashboard apps are very easy to differentiate, the color scheme makes it easy to tell things apart, and the UI is very point-and-click user friendly. I love the ease of time accounting, with the ability to enter unique times or translate hours over week by week - very fast. Time off is easily requested and monitored, benefit elections are easy to read and elect.

What do you dislike?

Some of the search functionality in the careers section is a little hard to read and differentiate. They do an OK job of separating and highlighting information on the actual career opportunity page, but for the most part this section is not as enjoyable to use and the information appears dense and harder to read through.

Organizing all benefits, time reporting, vacation/PTO/sick time and more. Fantastic way to keep everyone on the same page, and give easily accessible HR resources to your entire team.

Workday HCM review by User

"Streamline your HR processes with Workday!"

What do you like best?

I like how it is a central location for all HR needs for your employees.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it doesn't require more information from you when you are first loading it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workday streams many HR processes such as time off and performance. Instead of having multiple systems, this one system can do a lot of things for employees and it is easy for them to track their performance and time off. I would really test out what features you want to use and make job aids for them so that new users can understand how to use it. There are a lot of benefits to the tool that are not always easy to see when you first start using it.

We use it to manage time off. We have different times of time off and it lets you see that ahead of time and also allows you to figure out how many days you would have on a certain date. Some teams who don't see each other much can also see pictures of their teammates, which is helpful for some. You can also submit all of your performance on here in a easy way and it reminds employees to fill out certain things.

Workday HCM review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best HRIS system "

What do you like best?

I love that there were so many modules with workday- it was more than just an HRIS, you could use it for compensation data and analysis, they had a talent management suite and I heard that they were going to start integrate a learning module in it too.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that some things were so specific and non configurable but I also understand that’s how these systems work. I loved that they have such a strong user community and they listen to their customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend this software! They are the best!

I was a part of the implementation of the talent management suite to workday at our company. We went from paper excel spreadsheets that our managers would fill out for their talent pools and talent review assessments to an online module through workday. Workday made it easy for us to drag and drop employees into the correct 9 box and tag them to certain talent pools and overall just handle the process digitally instead of manually.

Workday HCM review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Workday"

What do you like best?

Very clean, neat, interface, easy to navigate. We switched to this software from another, and we are now able to access many more changes and options without having to submit and email or wait for a request to be approved. I have not used the mobile app, but I know that a lot of my colleagues like that feature.

What do you dislike?

Some issues were encountered when transferring the data between the old software to the new. Some beneficiary changes were reversed. Not sure if that was an issue with data input or with the software itself. Onboarding process took a significant amount of time and infrastructure at the plant. We have not used this software yet for benefits enrollment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that all data is transferred correctly.

Able to be self-sufficient in amending human resource data, easy access to benefits and pay stubs.

Workday HCM review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Vast software , still needs improvement ."

What do you like best?

We use it for onboarding documents, applicant tracking , time off as well as our online contact list .

What do you dislike?

Can be very glitchy, not a ton of automation in the right areas . Candidates can get kicked out of application pool if they answer a response wrong on a questionnaire and theres no way for me to retrieve the app after that. It also does not keep up with the progress of a job req on ownit's own. ould be listed in the interview stage for a req ,with the req being closed and filled so no "thank you for applying" gets sent. Also the offer letters operate almost as their own entities.

We can track corrective actions and time off requests electronically. Corrective actions being tracked electronically and finalized after the employee signs electronically limits possibility for falsification or miscommunication.

Workday HCM review by Michelle B.
Michelle B.

"Great for viewing paychecks"

What do you like best?

Kohl’s uses workday for managing our paychecks. I am able to view my pay stub online and even download it as a PDF.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the servers get overloaded and I can’t access my account.

Kohl’s mainly uses Workday for paystub management. I think it is a lot easier than using the ADP app that I used to use with a former employer.

Workday HCM review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Workday is helpful but still has many issues "

What do you like best?

I do like that mass amounts of data can be quickly imported. I like that many manual processes are not necessary for large masses of data.

What do you dislike?

There are too many discrepancies using a global platform. For instance, Canada is not the same as U.S. or other payrolls, so to use the same platform creates serious issues with direct deposit data, etc. Also, characters in Canada come through workday incorrectly .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assists in cutting the manual work down tremendously.

Timely files can be pulled via a ftp file and they are encrypted so security is not an issue.

Benefits less errors, as much of the data can be mass imported.