Workday Student

Workday Student is an end-to-end student and faculty lifecycle information system that is designed to work seamlessly with Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management, Workday Payroll, and Workday Grants Management. It unites an entire campus under a single configurable, easy-to-use application that is delivered in the cloud.

Work for Workday Student?

Learning about Workday Student?

Workday Student Reviews

Ask Workday Student a Question
Showing 23 Workday Student reviews
Workday Student review by Miles P.
Miles P.

"Works well - probably one of the better solutions on the market"

What do you like best?

Definitely one of the most user-friendly SIS's I've come across. Most places tend to rely completely on Oracle (nightmare). Ease-of-use, to me, is just as important as utility.

What do you dislike?

Could use more functionality and would love for it to "feel" faster, tighter, more responsive, and overall more a tad more enterprise - but hopefully that will be resolved in future versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's the right bandwagon to jump on. They have an excellent product and it ties in nicely with other HR solutions

The obvious - offering our student body an information system to manage and view records. It's a given business need if you're in the higher education space. More competition in the arena has been good to see.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workday Student
Workday Student review by Brittany M.
Brittany M.

"Good UI, Intuitive design"

What do you like best?

The user interface is nicely designed, with large and clearly labeled buttons and other features. Also, the design is fairly intuitive. Most students easily pick up on how to use this tool.

What do you dislike?

Some features are redundant and not obvious. As a result, they require continuous explaining and it can be difficult to contact students to train them correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, this product is very helpful. It significantly cuts down on the amount of paperwork and outside tracking of students. As someone who has worked in different higher education institutions managing students, Workday is not significantly better in terms of practical applications of student management. However, it is mostly easy to use for students and staff and is a powerful took in terms of being able to do many different tasks.

Easy communication, reduce hard copy paperwork, reduce back up file storage needed (since Workday stores everything)

What Higher Education Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Workday Student review by Alicia Z.
Alicia Z.

"Used it for work, it was fine"

What do you like best?

It is a simple design. It was always pretty easy to use and straightforward. I never had problems with actually logging in hours.

What do you dislike?

I wished there was a phone app for the portal. I think that would have made things more convenient. Also, it was really difficult to find your company's Workday page unless you had the specific url. Personally, I feel like a username and password and possibly a simple url extension should be enough, but I always had trouble logging in from another computer because the url was too complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be wary that the site may not be as easily accessible as one may hope for. Regardless, it still serves its purpose and I feel like it is reliable as a company.

NA

Workday Student review by User

"Review of Workday Software"

What do you like best?

The workday interface is clean and easy to use. The calendar format for entering work hours makes it easy to log and keep track of your work hours.

Another useful feature of Workday is that it is possible to complete documents for Tax and other legal requirements using the software. The fields are easy to fill and the information is then used to generate the required documents.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to open documents using the Workday interface. When you request to view a document, it asks you to wait for few minutes or to be notified later.

The names of the generated documents are very complex. Using the current system of notification and complex names, when I click on multiple documents to be opened, it gets very confusing as to which one is what.

Its notification system can be improved. There are times when I was not even aware that I had important messages in my payroll system. Email notifications and other forms of notifications that highight the importance of the message can be very useful.

I use Workday student version to fill in my everyday work hours and get paid accordingly. The biggest benefit of using the system is that it stores all kinds of employment details and documents that include payroll information.

It was a fairly easy to onboarding and I did not struggle to understand how to use teh software. I liked the way that the information and buttons have been placed. The informations are in the right category.

Workday Student review by Sogand K.
Sogand K.

"my school switched to Workday"

What do you like best?

As a graduate student in Louisiana State Univesity, I am using workday to check my payments, any official documents, travel reimbursement, and so on.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, it was too hard for the staff to assign correct contract numbers or upload correct information. But, afterwhile, it went smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since Workday is a unified system, I recommend it to other schools too.

Here in LSU, all students, faculty, and staff have a Workday account. Every official document are managing in Workday.

Workday Student review by Chelsea G.
Chelsea G.

"Timekeeping made simple"

What do you like best?

Workday allows you to record the time you have worked in a fast and simple way. There is a feature that allows you to set the same time frame worked over multiple days which makes things extremely easy!

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to figure out how to input multiple days of the same time. I wasn't able to attend a training so it definitely took up a good bit of time trying out the different features.

Putting in time as I worked was much easier than the paper form we had used previously. I could complete the log after a shift and just submit at the end.

Workday Student review by Serina S.
Serina S.

"tide and clean UI"

What do you like best?

UI is easy to navigate and use.

Has a lot of functions/features combined in one website.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to find certain things I want.

Too less tutorial to go through the dashboard and explain the items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be better if I can see the current status and also expected received time for things I'm waiting to get.

The website could be more interactive rather than just presenting a lot of information for me.

I was recording my work-time at school using Workday Student.

Easy to track and manage.

Workday Student review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Workday Student "

What do you like best?

I really like Workday. It is a great tool. I love the worklets. It’s so easy to find what your looking for. Everything is at your fingertips on the home page.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that when you search for something, it takes you back to the beginning instead of the previous page you were on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get it. It’s a great resource. As a student, I think it is a valuable tool.

It helps unite our campus and make us operate as a single body. I think that’s very important when having such a large group.

Workday Student review by User in Higher Education

"It's fine. Sometimes a bit difficult from worker side"

What do you like best?

Everything is there, in a friendly, not-terribly-difficult-to-navigate presentation.

What do you dislike?

The messaging system is a bit of a pain, and it's not always clear where different menus/interfaces are located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fine. You aren't going to run into unexpected problems. As a user, you probably don't have much say, insofar choosing a different software to accomplish these needs. Workday had been fine for what we've needed to do. While it's hard to get *excited* about this kind of software, I and my collaborators have really had no problems with it.

We've used this to manage research assistant payments. It's been easy managing them all from one place, rather than checking in, through emails and asking them to track hours on something like a spreadsheet. Benefit is that we're spending less time managing payments and time-tracking, and more time actually getting things done.

Workday Student review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"New system and it is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease if use this system has. The human resource and payroll sections are flawless.

What do you dislike?

This is brand new and I have not experienced anything negative yet. The system runs very efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enjoy the ease of use and simplicity!

Payroll and human resource needs.

Workday Student review by Paalika B.
Paalika B.

"Great platform to bring all HR documents together including payslips, insurance etc. "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, the pages are simplistic so there's not too much clutter.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not as organized as I'd like it to be. Takes a white to find things.

Easy platform to gather all HR information for jobs and benefits.

Workday Student review by Jessica J.
Jessica J.

"Academic material review and messaging"

What do you like best?

Great central hub for resource organization, messaging, and structured material review. I like the calendar and reminder function within the platform; this is helpful to stay on track.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, the scheduling/reminder function WITHIN the platform was great, but I wish this could have been further integrated with personal or Google calendars.

Academic training and refresher courses as well as scheduled outreach messaging to manage materials.

Workday Student review by Charles B.
Charles B.

"Review of a Convenient Tool"

What do you like best?

It helps students in a easy format. It has a nice interface. I able to view pay stubs and benefits.

I enjoy the mobile tool.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time for forms to load at times. It can use better with the duo factor authorization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful tool.Understand the pieces of the product you might use, potentially not implementing the entire product

How information get transmitted and organization of the information.

Workday Student review by User in Higher Education

"User Friendly portal for the future"

What do you like best?

Its so easy to use. Everything is clear and minimizes clicks and easy to look at. It looks a little like a child's toy, but in a good grown up way.

What do you dislike?

honestly not much. It definitely meets the needs of our use.

Its much more cooperative with our other systems and easy to navigate so it cuts back on time for training and use.

Workday Student review by Vahid B.
Vahid B.

"Workday is an effective tools"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about workday is its visualization and accessibility. it is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Well, there is nothing I don't like about it. It is all good and the only recommendation is to make it a little faster.

Provide all the required information regarding the courses and personal information.

Workday Student review by User in Computer Software

"Convenient HR management"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use, it is extremely straightforward and I love the mobile compatibility

What do you dislike?

Adding a meal break into the software can be difficult

It is far better than our previous solution and easier to visualize and fix any issues with time entry

Workday Student review by Mickey M.
Mickey M.

"used Workday for 2 years, no issues"

What do you like best?

Mostly organized in an easy and navigable fashion

What do you dislike?

A little too heavy on the graphics and fluff, could use a barebones version

Pretty easy to put time in manually at the end of the week like I do

"Workday review"

What do you like best?

Nice, clean design. Easy and intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I want Workday to do something, it gives me errors that I cannot fix.

All in one portal that allows me to access all the info I need/to process.

"Workday Student Review"

What do you like best?

Of all the applications I have used, this is one that has helped college students very well and I have used it before.

What do you dislike?

The marketing tactics should reach out to specific students or colleges because it could benefit more people better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To use the application to as much as possible.

I haven't noticed any problems, but often times there are times that the application needs to be updated often for phone and ipad versions.

Workday Student review by User in Higher Education

"Convenient Tool for Tracking Pay/Benefits"

What do you like best?

Workday allowed me to enter all my salary paperwork online, and I can easily update this information or check a pay stub.

What do you dislike?

The two factor authorization to log in can seem like a bit overkill.

I think it saves our HR department a lot of hassle, and it also allows student employees to submit paperwork without having to go to HR in person.

Workday Student review by Felicia B.
Felicia B.

"Easy!!!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and how similar it is compared to the employee workday.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more customization and automation.

Organization.

"Got the job done "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that no matter where I am, I could see and reviews my hours I worked from my phone

What do you dislike?

It was simple but not simple enough. Before workday we have used adp and that was awesome

Workday allows students to clock in and out on their own times, which is a double edge sword

"Workday Review"

What do you like best?

I like the easy-to-use interface with large buttons. It makes the mobile usage much easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes some of the PDF information a long time to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what pieces of the product you might use, potentially not implementing the entire product if not necessary.

We are solving ways to transmit and house information.

Learning about Workday Student?

* We monitor all Workday Student reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.