Workfront

4.0

Workfront is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools.

Work for Workfront?

Learning about Workfront?

Workfront Reviews

Showing 345 Workfront reviews
Workfront review by Jill B.
Jill B.

"Amazingly Robust Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The basic project management capabilities, the continuous innovation and adaptations we are able to implement, and how it can become whatever tool you need it to be when you set it up the right way.

What do you dislike?

I miss my old project management software's "start/stop" timer for tracking time, but apparently they are considering adding this to workfront.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your systems before you go into implementation. Spend the extra money and time to get your workflow to best translate into the system. This is mandatory to have a good experience. Once it's all set up, the learning curve is manageable, and your homework will be worthwhile.

I was an end user, and used it to account for my time, track my projects from start to finish, share proofs, get feedback, and communicate with internal clients. Now I am managing the projects for the end users, and it is more robust than I ever knew! I am able to make reports that make my design team's lives easier, their clients lives easier, and with their mobile apps, my sales team's lives easier.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workfront
Workfront review by Jordan C.
Jordan C.

"Workfront is great once you get past the learning curve."

What do you like best?

I like that the entire workflow processes are transparent. This provides my colleagues and me the capability to see what's happening at each step of the process.

What do you dislike?

Like any other enterprise systemt that's customized, there's going to be a learning curve for the comapny. Additionally, there are going to be things that will be implemented that you'll find won't work. Just adapt, update, and it'll be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provided you're willing to go through the growing pains implementing the product, you shoud absolutely use it. It needs to be customized to your needs and you need to be willing to take the time to make that happen. The workflow tools are great for communication and discussion across teams, but you have to get the steps down correctly.

We've solved a lot of workflow problems that resulted from legacy systems that were in place. We're seeing greater communication and clarity with our tasks.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Workfront review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Workfront is a PM Tool Win"

What do you like best?

The visibility, reporting functionality and accountability of user is what I like most about Workfront. In addition, the support one receives from the company is quite remarkable. I have used several PM tools, but, Workfront surpasses them all in so many facets.

What do you dislike?

There were several things that I didn't care for about Workfront such as once you deleted a file, it was gone forever. Workfront addressed what I dislike and now they are a feature in the tool; thank you Workfront for listening to your customers!

Recommendations to others considering the product

When a company is looking for an amazing PM tool, there are several important benefits that are essential for success of the tool. The reporting functionality was they yes. Other tools had many of the benefits that Workfront offers, however, the reporting was what sold us.

Efficiency, accuracy and visibility of projects were the initial business problems to be resolved. Within a few months, the Creative team was not just able to resolve the business problem, but able to explore new creative opportunities because we were working more efficiently; BIG WIN!

Workfront review by Vesna N.
Vesna N.

"Workfront totally transformed how we work as a team"

What do you like best?

Weve been with workfront for a few months and have gradually added more modules to our platform. I like how we now have a view over all the work the marketing team is producing, how we have standardised requests from our stakeholders and how we have transformed our sign-off process to be 100% digital through workfront.

What do you dislike?

Not much! We have just added the DAM functionality in the last year and i think there is room for improvement in the the UI there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend the time getting to know the system and getting it set up to meet your needs. Also take baby steps in introducing others to it. There's so much is=t can do that it might sema bit overwhelming at first. But stick with it - its worth it.

We needed to standardise how we kept track of campaigns, how we took requests from the business, how we managed sign offs and also standardise campaign processes. While making sure everyone we worked with had full visibility of our work.

Workfront review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"Workfront is more important to me than Outlook"

What do you like best?

I love the reporting capabilities. I also love the platform itself and the ability to customize it for my team and our needs. Working on a project with team members across functional teams (and even across offices) is no longer a big "to do." Each person knows what is expected of them and the tool creates accountability. It has become one of my "always open" programs, similar to my email.

What do you dislike?

Today? Nothing; the tool and its accompanying mobile app is always improving based on customer recommendations. Originally, the ability to customize was overwhelming, and there was no one "correct" way to build something out. Once I was able to determine my team's needs, this became less of an issue.

Workfront has provided my department with a way to streamline our request intake, allocate to available resources, and track volume by both functional team and by practice group, which is especially important for our executive leadership to have reports on. We had close to zero processes before Workfront, and reporting on any one thing was a challenge and often included hours of digging through email.

Workfront review by Brandon H.
Brandon H.

"Fantastic for Creative Teams"

What do you like best?

I can't choose just one thing. The integrated proofing tool has been amazing. It allows me to create automated review and approval workflows that my designers can then select for proofing. And the in-tool annotation function is excellent -- it takes any guesswork out of the process altogether. In addition to that, the reporting has been beyond excellent. If you are, in any way, inclined to do so, you can easily create custom reports on virtually any field within Workfront -- including fields that you create in Workfront's custom forms. This function is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

On a particular project, most updates/comments will show up on the main 'updates' tab. The only updates/comments that will not show up are ones that are put directly onto documents or made within the proof tool. This is a very small issue, but one none-the-less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be intimidated by how robust Workfront is. Even if you don't need all of the functionality that it has to offer now, you may need it in the future. It is extremely scalable.

Workfront is giving us a uniform way to submit creative requests, gather information to complete projects, manage resources, manage workflow, track statuses, proof deliverables, and report on virtually an infinite number of metrics. Workfront has revolutionized the way that we are receiving project requests and keeping track of our projects.

Workfront review by Jarad M.
Jarad M.

"Easy to use project management software with minor hiccups"

What do you like best?

From a general user perspective it's relatively easy to use and navigate to know what work is assigned to you and the ability to leave comments in tasks as well as in document proofs. The highlight for me is that it integrates with email (Outlook for me) so that I get updates, comments, etc. in my email and can respond via email if I'm remote and don't have access to Workfront.

What do you dislike?

While it's easy to get away with the basics to hobble along, unless you are properly trained by someone in this software prior to using (or have experience with a competitor) you will miss or not understand MUCH of its functionality. I've been using it for almost a year and half, and there are still so many things I'm just now learning. So make sure you're trained properly or else you might have a steep learning curve. Or if you're satisfied with bare minimum use as a contributor and not a PM yourself, then perhaps this isn't as big of a deal.

Also, we've dealt with some annoying downtime and delayed response. We've had almost full workdays where it is "down" and unusable (NOT on a scheduled maintenance day). There have also been days where its update system doesn't notify people for hours after your comment or request, so you have sit in the program and hit refresh constantly if that happens, which can be annoying. It doesn't happen frequently, more like once a quarter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have experience using this or a similar product, do some training and research. It's a very complex program with lots of capabilities that are not readily apparent to a first time user.

Workfront is the software our company uses for project management. Our PMs manage our instance while individual contributors such as myself comment, approve, and do timesheets. We've benefitted from having our projects and timesheets in the same place--it makes it much easier to keep track of hours for our agency.

Workfront review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"Excellent Team Collaboration Platform"

What do you like best?

I work on a team where each of us are separated individually across the united states. Workfront enables us to collectively collaborate on a common project setting individual goals. Project managers can invite users, send out updates and set goals to be marked as complete by individual users. Definitely a AAA+ option for global team project collaborations.

What do you dislike?

Live chat would be nice. Not sure on cost versus RIO but would definitely say this product is worth its weight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the built in feature of this product and you will be hard pressed to find it lacking for your needs.

Unifying multiple team projects across more than one platform. Workfront allows our IT teams in a corporate environment to collaborate and work on individual team goals. Our IT teams are spread across not only the United States but global locations. Workfront enables us to work collaboratively toward common tasks and goals/resolutions.

Workfront review by Tracey M.
Tracey M.

"Potential to make Awesome with good planning. Easy to pick up with CRM background."

What do you like best?

I like that there are visual options you can add to reports and when you are managing resources. It makes it so much easy to see things are a glance. when your busy.

I am new to Workfront but its been easy to pick up with my CRM background and its easy to pick up the Workfront specific things. The learning Ascent environment and webinars really help to understand how and why Workfront does the things it does. This includes there API guide when I do some coding to go pass the standard reporting options.

What do you dislike?

I came in late to the implementation and am seeing that its overwhelming for users to see all the information and the multiple way to do or find things. Mostly for the non-project managers. I am also seeing the long click paths too time consuming for users. At 3 you've lost people. Lucky there are some setup things you can do.

Transparency between teams and client. Creating a documented trail to follow on the production side for everyone to tap into. Its helping us to define roles more (ie Project manager vs Account Exec etc) Having everything is one place is helping get better metrics and improve timelines.

Workfront review by Tegwyn S.
Tegwyn S.

"Workfront is the most robust project and asset management software I have ever used"

What do you like best?

Creating smart custom forms has really streamlined our job request process and has made capturing initial necessary information so much easier for the marketing dept. Creating custom reports that are available in real time - in a dashboard helps keep workflow transparent and easy to follow. Request queues - routing rules - user access levels help further define user interface.

What do you dislike?

we were under tremendous time crunch upon implementation and roll-out and I do not think we were able to think through proofHQ connection. I find somewhat of a disconnect between the two and often have to try and troubleshoot issues myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. I would definitely choose to take on the role of a full time administrator as opposed to having more than one person try to work full time and handle admin duties as ir can be overwhelming and time consuming.

we are able to use same software across several departments for the first time. we are also able to integrate external customers with limited access in order to streamline customer requests to mktg who then determine if job will continue by adding additional smart forms that correspond to specific templates for schedules. very easy to manipulate schedules for those outlayer projects that don't always fit process.

Workfront review by Connie S.
Connie S.

"Marketing Project Management simplified"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that regardless of the process, the tool has the ability to flex for all the divisions of my organization. It does this with integrated project management thought and tools without the end user even realizing that these principles are being applied. When used to its full capacity, your team can be better project managers without even knowing they are project managers.

What do you dislike?

The good is often the bad at the same time. Because of the many capabilities, users can become easily overwhelmed with the functionality. This is easily managed through the creation of templates and training, but it is something to be aware of as you build out your iteration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in. The system is flexible and the customer community is extremely helpful. I have never experienced a community as awesome as the one that Workfront has created.

Efficiency, streamlined/inline feedback, annotations of marketing collateral, portfolio optimization and overall increase in better metrix for marketing as it relates to work getting done.

Workfront review by Teale M.
Teale M.

"Workfront to Manage Tech"

What do you like best?

All of it... Resource Planning, Budget Tracking, Schedule templates, Agile queue, support queues, customization, reporting, dashboards. Ease of use and implementation.

What do you dislike?

When I first began using Workfront, I noticed a few quirks, if you will. For instance, dragging and dropping is not as easy as you'd think and Ctrl-Z or Undo doesn't exist in the current functionality.

I'd like to see functionality that tracks when stories are placed into or removed from a sprint. In general, more functionality in the Agile arena would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strong executive support is recommended when a Workfront implementation is being considered. Because of the unlimited power of the tool, non-technical individuals can be easily intimidated when first introduced to the interface.

Always make sure you've outlined the pain points that you're trying to solve so that you can reference them frequently to show the success that implementation of the tool brings to the organization.

Workfront provides transparency into the work that we do to support our cross-functional teams. Centralized reporting is real-time and reduces PM workload to report status.

Workfront review by Winfield D.
Winfield D.

"Project Management - Workfront"

What do you like best?

-Project visibility across multiple teams - Workfront makes it easy for different groups to work on projects together & provide updates through the system, so all your project information is gathered in one place. The project details page & updates become your one source of truth when tracking why a project became late or who made decisions about certain project aspects.

-Project templates - The ability to create project templates makes opening new projects a breeze & quicker manipulation of due dates

What do you dislike?

-Resource allocation - I think that the process of bulk assigning users to project tasks is a bit clunky, but I still like the feature. It feels awkward having to leave your project, go to a different tab, and navigate through several more clicks to find where to bulk assign all of your project tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workfront is a great project management tool that is still growing. While it has it's pros and cons & may not be 100% where you want it to be right now, they are always improving the site & listening to what their users want.

-Creating a standard workflow for our campaigns for all of our marketing managers across multiple regions (US, UK, etc)

-Integrating multiple softwares with Workfront - Having the request queues in WF to kick requests into different programs for other groups has made the campaign workflow/process almost seamless; prior to Workfront, different teams were requiring the same information, but all had different forms to fill out & everything was being captured via email or Skype, so it was hard to keep track of where things were in process

Workfront review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Keep Agency Organized and Informed"

What do you like best?

Workfront is great for keeping our agency organized and in constant communication. Because of the forms fields, it allows project creators to input all of the needed information, which limits back and forth between specialists and creators, saving a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

You're limited to time tracking within each task. I would prefer there was an overarching task for time spent doing things outside of specific tasks - such as organizing folders and campaigns. I also would like to see the recommended time eliminated. I feel it pressures employees not to take longer than requested, or if it takes them less time than suggested, that they didn't do the task well enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a ton of training. The more upfront training and catchup training you can get on the software, the better. It's a great tool, but takes some getting used to and making sure you are using it most efficiently.

It keeps our many clients projects organized. It limits the amount of back and forth between specialists and project sponsors. Workfront also helps our team members keep track of time spent on specific projects, allowing us to know which clients are taking longer and which employees are tracking a lot of hours and can't take on more new clients.

Workfront review by John M.
John M.

"Useful tool for managing workflows "

What do you like best?

As a content creator in a team that uses Workfront to manage workflows in producing creative, this software helps keep everyone involved on track. I especially like the accountability it brings to individual members. If they are late with a task, or holding up an approval, it's very obvious where the bottlenecks are.

What do you dislike?

The "Tasks" can be confusing. There are parent tasks and child tasks for essentially the same task. This can lead to confusion about where people are supposed to make updates. Updates can very easily get "lost" in this jumble of seemingly redundant tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During your evaluation phase, make sure everyone who will be using it gets a chance to weigh in on their specific needs.

Streamlining the fulfillment of creative in an in-house agency. It's definitely helped with accountability as everything is tracked in Workfront and available for everyone to see, as opposed to people being able to say they "didn't see an email" and holding up the process.

Workfront review by Lindsay E. P.
Lindsay E. P.

"Overall great system! "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the alert email feature within Workfront - if I am tagged in a project and need to take action or review/approve a document, Workfront immediately alerts me via email., which is extremely helpful because I am not living in the system every minute of the day.

What do you dislike?

the "search" component is not very intuititive when I need to reference an old project. It would be helpful if I could search for a project from a specific timeframe and within keywords. When I search for an old project or document today, I will search for the exact name of the document and it will come up at the very bottom of the page, rather being the most relevant at the top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for project management if you are looking for a tool to use between cross-functional groups within the organization.

Benefits of the system have included faster turnaround with project completion and an overall increase in project efficiency within the team.

Workfront review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Helps with organization and efficiency"

What do you like best?

I love that each project is its own separate link yet you can display them altogether or by portfolio. Helps our team keep organized regarding all of our business units, keeps track of creative team projects that span across multiple different brands and business units.

What do you dislike?

There is no good calendar view, really hard to see exactly what's coming up this week. I wish we could see all of the projects that we needed to complete that week. If I pull a report it only lets me see tasks, which is helpful but not as helpful as it could be if it were project based or gantt-based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They don't respond quickly, if at all, to customer service emails. Pretty deplorable.

We're able to track time and assign tasks to individuals to keep our email clutter down and hold everyone accountable. We've been on time with our projects far better than before using.

Workfront review by Daniel J.
Daniel J.

"Workfront Project Management"

What do you like best?

Workfront is a great tool for project management tool that has been critical in completing several big projects efficiently and on time. It has a very wide feature set for tracking progress, prioritizing tasks and projects, and collaborating with other team members. While a little daunting at first, with great support and help, it became completely essential to getting our projects done.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little hard to grasp at first, but they have great training and support to help new users. Once you learn how to use it, the power and flexibility make up for the initial learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It has definitely helped us in our project management, so I would say give them a call and check out their demo to see if it will meet your company's needs.

Workfront has been a crucial part of helping us stay organized and on time with big projects that have a lot of moving pieces and due dates. It really helps us prioritize tasks and commit to due dates while making it easy to stick to those dates.

Workfront review by Jacquelyn W.
Jacquelyn W.

"Workfront for Organizing Projects"

What do you like best?

Workfront does a great job of giving you the flexibility to build out projects and set tasks to remind you of the necessary steps within the project. It's excellent to use in a team environment, where each team member can mark where they are in the process and everyone has an overall view of the project as a whole and what stage it is in.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the programs can have some limitations, such as not allowing you to rename certain titles or columns, etc. There are a lot of ways to use Workfront, so the flexibility can also be a bit overwhelming at times.

Solving problems surrounding large projects with multiple people working on them and finding a way to provide reports to leadership about the progress of projects.

Workfront review by Lauran H.
Lauran H.

"Not the right fit for our creative team..."

What do you like best?

I acknowledge that Workfront has powerful features and can be highly customized; however, if your dev team lacks the available time to make the changes necessary there are other solutions more "creative/production team" friendly straight out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Workfront's out-of-the-box interface is complex and clunky. Far too many layers and features for most mid-sized creative teams. It definitely requires admin oversight (as most process solutions do), but the education load on our admins seems much heavier with this product than with products like Podio or Alfresco. I believe that Workfront lends itself best to process-heavy/task-based projects. It is not the best solution for highly collaborative, content creation teams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any project/process management software, invest time on the front end to fully research your organizational needs. One downfall in our implementation of this product was accounting for individual team needs and not evaluating how team would collaborate with each other across the platform. If the process you are trying to manage is highly linear this might be the solution for you. If your needs are non-linear and highly collaborative, I recommend exploring other products created for your industry.

Workfront is currently being used by our IT and Video Production teams to manage their projects and workflows. It seems to be the best fit for the IT team. The Video Production team needed to track their equipment, human resources, travel/time spent and Workfront allows them to add those layers to their overall project management. However, any time these teams need others within the organization to contribute to a project the process is cumbersome. With so many layers to a project all users (except the most advanced) seem to become easily lost in the interface.

Workfront review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Put a ring on it. "

What do you like best?

I have implemented Workfront several times and this is what I continue to find value in: The customization around building custom data, custom forms, custom reports/dashboards, layout templates, etc means that you have a lot of control with how your users interact with the system. Also, their development team listens to customers and implements new features accordingly. If you are exhausted from jumping from one tool to another, Workfront is a great investment for medium to large organizations.

What do you dislike?

From my experience, Workfront sells itself as a solution to a problem that it does not solve: Aligning small teams with the organization. In other words, if this is supposed to be the selling point for why a small team should ditch their current favorite small team tool (trello, asana, basecamp, jira, etc) I don't think WF ever pays off for these small teams like their old tool did. to the small team inside a large organization, It ends up feeling more like meeting organizational policy compliance rather than more efficient collaboration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your a startup, either use WF for everything or not at all, and hire a Web developer part-time to assist with integrations.

If you are a medium to large organization and are bought into Salesforce, Workday, and other Saas solutions, this is a no brainer.

Workfront is the open arena where PM's and project teams can coordinate strategies across business units.

I think Workfront's sweet spot is strategic initiative management.

Workfront review by Kurt O.
Kurt O.

"A scalable, highly flexible work management platform that also scores high on ease of use"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and expandability; the custom forms and fields allow Workfront to be easily customized for the way your organization works. For end users, the interface, when setup appropriately allows them to get to what they need quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

The flexibility and scalability is both a blessing and a curse during configuration and setup. There are 5 or 6 different ways of achieving the same goal in Workfront. Deployments must be made with patience and rigor in mind.

Workfront also assumes a strong project management background as part of their configuration and implementation process. We came into it without much experience here, so the learning curve was intense.

Creative talent asset management and visibility. Before Workfront, we could not accurately track the creative value put towards projects, and therefore billing for that value was a wild guess. Now we have real-time visibility into costs v. revenue that we can share with the sales org, so they can track creative ROI along with all other products and services.

Workfront review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Workfront Works, but needs team buy-in"

What do you like best?

Workfront has tremendous project management capabilities, from storage and organization of documents to in-browser editing functionality, not to mention it's core functionality as a tremendous organization-wide ticketing system and project management tool.

What do you dislike?

This isn't something you can use by yourself. This is a whole-team kind of product. It requires buy-in not only from your department for task management (giving, say, your workfront administrator a clear view of who has capacity, who is slammed, etc.) but also from outside your department, for everyone else who is in a client role using the product as a ticketing system to submit requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workfront is a strong product with fantastic features, but do not trick yourself into thinking that you can use it appropriately without complete organization-wide buy-in. Put together a plan (and feel free to use WorkFront resources to do so) to get buy-in from everyone else. That will make it a dream software to use.

We use workfront for a team of 50+ communication/design/editing/web professionals for task and project management, and as an organization-wide ticketing system where our colleagues/clients can submit work to us, our administrator can assign it appropriately, and we can manage the project from beginning to end, all within the workfront system without a single email sent or product storage platform (like dropbox) used.

Workfront review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"WorkFront can turn an unorganized team/company into a well oiled machine"

What do you like best?

I would say it's a 3-way tie between how easy it is to build and update custom forms, updating project timelines and building reports/dashboards. Before my team started using WorkFront, we had to use 3 different systems to get a single project started because there was no central place to house all the information and capture what the details were for an update to our website. Since moving to WF in 2014, i cannot think of using another system.

As a project coordinator i'm responsible for reviewing project request submissions, then converting them into projects and building timelines around all the deliverables and due dates. I can honestly say the system is easy to learn and intuitive to use. I can build timelines in mere minutes, assign out tasks to team members, build a report or dashboard of project requests stats for my manager, post an update on where the project stands, etc. The list goes on and on. It takes a universal design seen a lot on social media platforms and uses it as a skeleton for how easy the system is to learn and use. Most changes or updates can be made in seconds and helps keep everyone organized with their plate of work.

What do you dislike?

I heavily dislike how WF as a company seems to spend their time updating parts of the site that my team does not use on a regular basis, or on things that nobody was asking for. Case in point, they just released a system update to include emojis in the update section of a project. This is an unnecessary update that nobody was clamoring for, and when it was pushed live it broke other things on the site my team uses on a regular basis. So as a company they need to focus on making updates to more important things that need to be worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend lots and lots of training before throwing your users into the deep end of the pool to use the system. It's easy to learn and very straightforward, but i will admit it takes a bit to get use to how everything works. So take as much time using and practicing using the system before implementing it throughout your organization.

As I mentioned before, before my team started using WorkFront, we had to use 3 different systems to get a single project started because there was no central place to house all the information and capture what the details were for an update to our website. Now we have a central intake system that houses all our requests, and makes it easy to review, convert and assign our to the appropriate team members to make the updates and push live to our site.

Workfront review by Brodie W.
Brodie W.

"Workfront solution"

What do you like best?

We have consolidated all project effort internally to workfront. It is great seeing time use and what projects are being supported. Probably the best feature is reporting and dashboards. You can pull data anyway you like depending on your role. Nothing limits your imagination.

Last, they have a great training program. As long as you want to be involved, you can take advantage of their online classes.

They also have online or live classes, either work. When I don't know something, I jump on a class, search their knowledge bank the add to our own wiki.

What do you dislike?

It is limited how you integrate with support tools for handling customer escalations. Also, if you don't work within their model, it is harder to use.

After our initial implementation, they could have done a better job of helping us engage our employees. Since the system isn't "fool-proof", we could have used more tips. I think user groups would have helped more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully understand how you do business, prioritize what you need most before moving forward.

We used to utilize 4 different systems to manage projects, status, time tracking, etc. It is nice to manage things in one place.

Another nice save "solve" was the use of custom data. We are no limited so we were able to save time and storage by using custom data to track information that ties to our customer projects. Very useful when consolidating systems.

Workfront review by User

"It is a good software for a company that wants to fully commit to using a work management system."

What do you like best?

I like the potential power of it, the ability to be able to track vendor work hours, share files outside the company with creatives, etc. I also like the ability to share large files and the versioning capabilities.

What do you dislike?

We inherited a legacy instance of the software, and with it were a lot of "bloat" content programmed into it. Had we had more resources and/or budget to hire workfront's consultants to clean it all up, we would have done that. However, for various reasons, we have not been able to do that, so our instance is a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you plan out what you are going to want to use workfront for. Don't just jump into it because you may regret that approach. If you implement it with a methodical approach, getting all the necessary stakeholders involved from the beginning, you'll have a more successful deployment of the software.

Marcom and Digital Marketing and Product Marketing workflows, etc.

Workfront review by Alison S.
Alison S.

"Not a fan at first, but now can't live without it"

What do you like best?

Workfront is a great way to organize the entire foundation. We have 50+ employees and a lot going on at one. It's been a great way to filter requests and see how many requests each department is getting during the year. I like that I'm able to assign those I manage to tasks and all of the information is inputted into the task vs. sending even more emails back and forth. It's been a great way for our team to utilize emails for outside support instead of internal communications.

What do you dislike?

Because we do have so many requests coming in, on occasion they get lost in the shuffle. We also have projects that get forgotten about an update has not been made or if some information is still sent through email but also in WorkdFront. It took a while for me to adapt, and I wasn't a huge fan of the change, but now that I know how to work it, I could not imagine work without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and we have one person dedicated to setting people up in Workfront and teaching us how to use it along the way. I would recommend having someone just oversee WF content for this program to be successful.

We sent A LOT of emails before getting WorkFront. Projects were all over the place, we didn't know who the real owner was and things fell through the cracks. With WorkFront, we are able to see where the project is being held up, who the contact person is and create a schedule everyone can work with.

Workfront review by Maryland T.
Maryland T.

"Workfront helps you get your work done and keeps your team working together!"

What do you like best?

I like that Workfront is cloud based and very easy to use. Workfront provides collaboration on projects which is critical to a projects success. Workfront gives everyone high level visibility in their projects down to the smallest detail. No more spreadsheets for me!

Before purchasing Workfront, I reviewed about ten project management systems and Workfront was the only project management tool that could do what we needed. Very easy to use and the customer service & support is excellent. I use the reporting on a daily basis to give an overview of all project timelines so that they stay on schedule and meet the production completion date.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing that I dislike about Workfront. They are improving the application throughout the year with maintenance updates and system upgrades. You also have an opportunity to submit a product idea to Workfront, once reviewed it could be implemented in their next upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know how many users you will have and discuss with your consultant about the access levels for each user. Also have your workflow structure documented to review with your consultant. Give all users a deadline for going through all training to make sure everyone is trained before they begin using Workfront in the production environment.

With Workfront we are able to minimize meetings and internal email. Workfront allows us to communicate within the project so that we have an audit trail of the project. It has allowed us to bring all of the teams closer together to help with approvals and the completion of the projects. No more missed deadlines. The benefit that I have realized is we have cut our meetings by 50% and with the reporting part of Workfront we are able to keep to our deadlines and prioritize the projects better.

Workfront review by Rachel C.
Rachel C.

"Great software that keeps me on track"

What do you like best?

I use Workfront every day at my job. It's a versatile tool that has a lot of great features. We use it for project management: assigning due dates, collaborating on tasks, keeping track of time, etc. You can easily view reports that show how much time specific types of tasks took, which helps with managing operations efficiently. Workfront also notifies you each time you are tagged by a coworker or a pending task becomes available to work on.

What do you dislike?

The email notifications can get overwhelming. I had to set up a filter in Outlook to move the majority of the Workfront notifications to a folder automatically just to keep them from cluttering up my inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a mid-sized business, you'll probably want to hire someone to manage Workfront for your team. Setting up the templates, creating new tasks, monitoring reports, etc. can be a full-time job depending on how you're going to use the software.

Without Workfront, we'd have a very difficult time keeping track of needed projects and tasks. Workfront keeps my business running smoothly and efficiently.

Workfront review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"It's a decent program - but definitely requires knowledge to set up properly"

What do you like best?

The ability to make project updates and status to the project via the desktop or mobile app is super nice feature. It's also nice that you're able to communicate in the program.

What do you dislike?

The steps around setting up new templates or reports. There is a lot of manual data you need to pull - but it's a breeze once it's properly set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that it's the right program for you based on how your organization is set up. If you're looking for something to manage quick turn projects and web issues - workfront definitely is a great tool! If you want to track time, Workfront is a great tool. If you're trying to run super, detailed reports re: statistics of a project, how the creative/deliverables performed and utilize the tool for outside vendors and managing the promotional content of day to day changes and trafficking media - then Workfront, may not be the best tool to utilize.

Workfront allows us to easily track the progress of projects and keep a detailed archive of all the deliverables. We've benefitted from Workfront via it's nice, uniquely crafted project reports that outline key milestones, time spent and deliverables.

Workfront review by Administrator

"A Powerful yet Flawed Experience"

What do you like best?

Hands down the best feature is proofHQ. This tool helps our creative team get feedback from stakeholders much more easily than emailing several people in a chain. There are also seemingly endless permutations of reports you can generate of various goings-on in the site - it takes quite a bit of training and playing around to get competent at that, though

What do you dislike?

Forever and always, no matter how much training and goading you give of teams, no one outside of your direct team will likely mark their tasks as 'complete', which messes up the timelines of projects in the system, and you end up spending hours a week just making the projects 'accurate.'

Also, the software tends to be quite buggy and people complain to me often of it not doing things it should be doing. Occasionally you get some very helpful people on the phone, occasionally you get some seriously incompetent customer service reps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I liken it to an Italian supercar. It's got a hell of a lot of horsepower, but holy god, is it ever temperamental and buggy.

It takes a LOT of training to become an effective admin, which I can say I put in the effort, and that helps my experience a lot. But for my users, they get confused a lot because this is less user friendly to amateurs than it could be.

Mostly making proofing easier. If brings a lot of pain to my life as well in managing the site. It's honestly a full-time job just to administrate the tool well for a department.

Workfront review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Perfect for Project Orginization"

What do you like best?

I like the customization that is available to to you so that you can make the software tailored to your needs.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of info and different parts and pieces to the software. There can be a lot of repetition on your part if you are having to create similar tasks on the same project.

I am using it to manage projects for clients (which we are using the Portfolio option to manage our clients). We can create a new project under a program and use the tasks under the project to manage and make sure we are accurately billing our client for the time spend.

Workfront review by Shadi M.
Shadi M.

"A pretty dope PM system, with some caveats"

What do you like best?

We've been using Workfront for over a year at work. Initially, it was intended to be a replacement for our project management team. As such, we got really into the weeds with marking our progress on projects and communicating about them exclusively through Workfront and not relying on email.

What do you dislike?

The problem with this is that Workfront sends out a ton of alert emails to your Inbox. You can customize them based on the alerts that are most important to you, but staying on top of a project still requires you to comb through the mountain of emails Workfront sends to get to the ones with comments from other team members and such. It's a little cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a full project management team, Workfront may be too feature-rich for your needs. This may or may not be an asset on top of a solid project management foundation.

We were attempting to solve losing our entire project management team. We realized the benefits of actually having a project management team.

Workfront review by Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.

"Marketing Project Management Automation... At It's Finest!"

What do you like best?

I love the automation features for proofing and approvals, but even better than that is the ability to fully customize the system setup and tailor the experience for different teams, departments, and organizations!

What do you dislike?

This is such a powerful tool, that it can become overwhelming from an adoption and training perspective very quickly. Luckily, with Workfront Ascent (Training Portal), the training portion is easily taken care of. And if you keep your users in mind when building your iteration, you can easily overcome adoption hurdles too.

Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency! We have gained many efficiencies since using Workfront, from automated reviews and approvals, to reporting and resource management!

Workfront review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Workfront keeps me organized!"

What do you like best?

Our PM uses this to help us get detailed in our project workflow. Individual tasks can be broken down multiple ways, with or without subtasks, and can be put in order of precedence allowing us to know which tasks might be dependent on completion of each part. Overall its easy to log time, make comments, and communicate with cross-campus teams.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for the proofing/documents portion of workfront. Although there are some integration features with other platforms, it's not always easy being able to update revisions, make/see other comments, and overall just seems to be a bit difficult.

Also, once once you post a comment you cannot edit it and have to delete the comment and start over if you've made a mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work for a large company this is a great tool! I would highly recommend this for project managers.

This is really helping keep teams organized and allows us to have a better understanding of capacity across teams.

Workfront review by Mitchell C.
Mitchell C.

"Easily manages the flow of projects and events"

What do you like best?

Workfront is great in that it keeps the whole team aligned on what steps need to be taken, where projects are in development, etc.

What do you dislike?

We have had a couple issues with tasks not notifying people when they are assigned. The problem was resolved pretty quickly though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you are struggling to manage the process of producing content, event planning or campaigns this is a great tool to use.

Instead of wasting time in meetings, we have an easy to navigate platform that can tell anyone on the team where a project is, saving time and providing better transparency

"Good, but not great"

What do you like best?

Workfront helps our busy creative team categorize the high volume of work we receive from the rest of the company. Without this tool, it would be a lot more difficult to manage our workload. The reporting functionality is a very useful feature.

What do you dislike?

This system is not user friendly and not very intuitive. It is hard for the average user to drill down to the relevant information or tasks they need without the use of custom reporting or dashboards - something that requires time to build and provide training on. There are multiple ways to do the same actions in the system which makes it hard for users to learn and adopt best practices. A lot of the additional customization requires the ability to make edits using the "Text Mode" coding. Help from Workfront is not readily available without paying extra costs for consulting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team has a good grasp on general project management principles you may have an easier time with adoption.

Workfront helps us manage the high volume of work our team receives. We are able to pull reporting data from the system on things such as hours and project types to help us with visibility and resource estimates.

Workfront review by Shelley G.
Shelley G.

"Good project & process management"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to enter & share core/basic information about a project, including reference resources and notes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the search algorithm, which makes it difficult to find specific documents or items within a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This must be approached as a complete workflow change. Every single person must be willing to change their personal workflow in order to conform with everyone else.

Streamlining & organizing our creative projects is the most important way we use Workfront. Some teams are trying to use it for general projects management, such as overall campaign management or even strategy management, but it seems to be most effective at the individual level.

"Workfront Review"

What do you like best?

Workfront organizes tasks and project in a few different ways to help ensure that each step is taken care of on time; tasks are grouped by project on the main dashboard, and there is a calendar for tasks due that week. Additionally, notifications are sent when an item is ready to be worked on.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, notifications for "Work Requests" are not sent. I also wish the updates tab on the main project page would include comments made on each task; when working on several projects (and tasks within each project), it would be helpful to have that information available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create project templates that can be easily duplicated to save time.

Workfront makes it easy to track and communicate progress on each task; you can log time, mark a project as "complete" or "done with my part", update "% complete", ask for approvals, and more. It enables collaboration across our team.

Workfront review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Newer User to Workfront"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps us connected on what is happening within projects. I like being able to see how well a project is or isn't going. I also like to see where projects are at within completion and the approaching deadlines.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes hard to find comments or conversations that are taking place within Workfront. I also struggle with locating uploaded documents if I'm not accessing it through a link in an email notification. I'm newer to using Workfront so I am still learning the ropes of Workfront. I am hoping the more I learn about it the easier I will be able to locate conversations/comments and documents without having to track down an email notification from Workfront.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the time to dive-in and learn how to use it. Those who like it the most within our organization are the ones who are frequently working within it. Those who do not really care for it are teams or individuals who do not need to constantly be working within Workfront.

It helps keep everyone connected on multiple projects at once.

Workfront review by User

"It works, but it's cumbersome"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the product is the ease of uploading and retrieving documents tied to a ticket.

What do you dislike?

The project management portion of the product is very cumbersome. I sometimes find myself spending excess time updating and making changes to a project. Being a web-based product, it seems to lag a bit when making changes, especially to a large project. The time estimates/projections for individual tasks of a project is also a little difficult to work with. Additionally, we use Workfront as a ticketing system, I wish it didn't send an email, from my email, to whomever submitted the ticket for every single update or change I make.

We are using Workfront as a ticketing system for IT and a project management tool within the organization.

Workfront review by iliana c.
iliana c.

"Workfront pros and cons"

What do you like best?

It can be used as an image storage. We are sharing new uploads through the Workfront image storage, works same as DropBox but integrated inside the project management tool.

What do you dislike?

The tool is way too complicated. Multiple "layers" prevent you from clear, transparent, straight forward info/updates exchange. Maybe I've got spoiled by Basecamp, but noticed that 80% of our team is having difficulties in communicating through Workfront. To be on a safe side we are sending emails to each other to confirm that task was received and clear. And it's after 5(!!!) month after we switched from Basecamp to Workfront.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The training Workfront offers online simply is not enough. Your company should invite Live Training Person to the office and schedule multiple sessions in order to clarify all (way to many) raising questions while being introduced to the tool.

We are working on print and web graphic deliverables. Using Workfront for simple task, same as for the complex ones, where more than 8-10 people involved.

Workfront review by User in Financial Services

"A project management platform that has frustrated my team for far too long"

What do you like best?

As I've used WorkFront for about three years now, I've come to learn how to use the elements I need to use for my job. I feel like it's a small part of what WorkFront is capable of, but it's become second nature to me. We are actually switching to a different platform and work management system soon, and although I know in the long run it will be good, I've been dreading the learning curve and letting go of what has become familiar with WorkFront.

What do you dislike?

There's no single way to use it. Every team in our company on Workfront has its own system for using it, and if you work on multiple teams, you have to learn how each team uses it uniquely and adapt to their preferences. That can get frustrating quickly, since everyone does everything their own way. There's also no way to know what everyone else on your team is doing, or how much of a workload everyone else has, so when it comes to taking assignments when your workload is light or letting go of some when it gets to be too much, there's no easy way within the program to know who can help you by giving you something to work on or taking something from you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really consider your unique needs before jumping into this. It isn't always very intuitive, and it can leave teams frustrated if they don't find a way to systematize processes across the board when it comes to using WorkFront. I would recommend a trial run before you commit to it.

Project management and organizing all the many steps and key players for any project of any size has been done in WorkFront for a long time across many of our teams. Among individual teams, it's allowed us to keep track of a work and to track a project from beginning to end. It is deadline based, which could be good or bad for you, depending on the nature of your work.

"Best intentions"

What do you like best?

I like that Workfront has two calendar views. You can see your list of tasks and change the order depending on priority or due date, or you can look at your calendar view to see what your upcoming week(s) looks like. I appreciate that. It helps me stay organized.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many times you have to click to upload documents. It just seems "heavy." I feel like this could be much more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work the Kanban method, this probably won't be something you love. It's difficult to get a big picture view of the entire project or scope of work since you only see your specific task. But, that might be what you want! And if so, this is great.

We use Workfront for our team project management. The marketing team creates tickets, assigns them to us, and we send the completed tickets off to the next team in line. It helps me see what I've done and keep track of my assignments. And I like that I can go back and see what things I've completed in the last month or so.

Workfront review by User

"Using Workfront to Approve Communications"

What do you like best?

I like receiving email notifications so I know when an update was posted. Being able to comment like on a social media page can be a helpful way of tracking updates.

What do you dislike?

Navigation can be a bit confusing. Sometimes it's difficult to find what I'm looking for. It's frustrating when I don't have access to see something one of my peers submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This was a helpful hint for me. At first I couldn't figure out how to include comments on a document I uploaded but you have to first submit your request then you can return and add your comments.

When I need to have a document approved I use Workfront to submit the request. It allows the request to stay organized. Rather than having several unofficial emails back and forth it allows us to better track the request and document the changes.

Workfront review by Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.

"Workfront Celanese"

What do you like best?

Reporting and allocations metrics. Projects are managed by a system that standardizes processes. With the use of Workfront we have identified efficiencies, streamlined our processes and met all project deadlines.

What do you dislike?

When trying to onboard new users I've created tools and emails. I'll schedule meetings to answer any questions but will come across issues with comprehension of the platform. The management of duration dates have proven to be a troublesome for project owners. I will always do a "clean up sweep" .

Recommendations to others considering the product

When trying to onboard new users I've created tools and emails. I'll schedule meetings to answer any questions.

Workfront review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"Good program but pricey"

What do you like best?

Lots of features and user friendly, our normal users required very little training. Project managers require more training to understand what it can do for them.

What do you dislike?

It is one of the more expensive project management programs available but there is a lot of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The two biggest considerations when purchasing this service is price and it doesn't have accounting built into it.

We have streamlined our workflow process and our users happily accepted it. We had a less user friendly system that also integrated accounting into it but it's complexities shadowed that benefit.

Workfront review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Outstanding tool, have project management resources available"

What do you like best?

We've been using Workfront since the start of 2017 and it's provided us with tremendous visibility in the status of our projects as well as helping us realize how inefficient our existing processes can be. We're beginning to use the reports and analytics to understand where we can improve and measure those improvements. It's very simple as it's most basic task tracking level but Workfront can do so much more. We're looking forward to taking full advantage of these new tools.

What do you dislike?

We are now looking at bringing on a full time project management coordinator to help with overall Workfront management and our overall project efforts. Workfront can do so much that you need to be prepared to have system admin and project management resources ready to support it if you want to get the most out of it. Once you do, Workfront can make a huge difference!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it but be ready to have people to manage it.

Improved project transparency, collaborative cloud-based reviews and approvals with ProofHQ, and analytics that are helping us understand how much we are doing and where we can get more efficient.

Workfront review by Kimberly N.
Kimberly N.

"Workfront is helpful and makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

Workfront is flexible and that is the best part of their system. I like the ability to have all our projects in one place so that we can roll the information up to a single source.

What do you dislike?

There have been some bugs and feature requests that we've requested. And Workfront is usually already looking into those things once we request them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to someone who uses Workfront and talk to the Workfront team. You'll find all your answers in those two conversations.

We started with Workfront to move all of our project management into one central place for more visibility for our VP of Marketing. As Workfront has expanded, we've been able to take the benefit from their Agile processes. This allows our team to work the best way for them while still giving visibility for our VP.

Workfront review by Julia G.
Julia G.

"Workfront allows the team to collaborate and get projects done efficiently & effectively "

What do you like best?

Being able to view a project from start to finish - with all assets and discussion included, as well as the time applied and involved in getting it done.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the datelines can be off, and require us to manipulate them manually.

Time management. Project management. I can easily see whats done - whats not done - where we're at in the process of completing something, or where things get stuck since everyone involved on a project is looped in.

Workfront review by Kathy R.
Kathy R.

"Worth considering"

What do you like best?

Workfront is great for project managers and has a lot of features for different types of work. The user interface is easy to use and the back-end data/functionality is quite extensive.

What do you dislike?

The native document storage and handling is poor. You cannot easily integrate with many asset management solutions and editing documents "in the cloud" using the native setup is not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting user buy-in early is key. Work with your teams to fully understand how they need to be prompted to do their work.

Resource management, workflow management, workload projections and planning, and more. We are seeing better data on how we work, how long things take, which teams are most effective, etc.

Workfront review by User in Internet

"Marketing Work Management Software at it's best"

What do you like best?

Workfront is a world class marketing work management and collaboration tool. It allows for the simple creation of requests, conversion of requests to projects, resource allocation and assignment, and then task and milestone tracking through completion. It does all of this while incorporating Digital Asset review and management.

What do you dislike?

It's heavily dependent on entire organizational buy in. The system is only as accurate as the information that's being put into it by the users. If you have partial buy-in, meaning part of your project and work management is happening in Workfront, and part is happening somewhere else, you can quickly lose the benefit of the solution. It really is an all-in tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a true Enterprise System of Record, that will allow you to track everything involved with the work completion process from request to completion, then Workfront is a fantastic option.

Centralized project management in one solution, marketing project collaboration, digital proof and review, digital asset management. We've seen an massive increase in project completion rates, as well as our ability to complete more projects than we were able to do before. We've also significantly reduced the amount of meetings that used to be required.

Workfront review by User in Computer Software

"A Robust Collaboration and Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - it's simple to keep track of your work requests and keeps stakeholders in the loop of the job status. On my homepage, I can tell which tasks have been assigned to me and due dates.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if this is because of how it was implemented/maintained, but finding a project after it was closed was not easy. Also, this is user-error, but if someone didn't tag me in a comment then I wouldn't receive an email notification. I had to go into Workfront, click on the task, and read each comment to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training! Set it up to meet your needs.

Our marketing team implemented Workfront because we were getting a large amount of marketing requests through email or SharePoint. With Workfront, we were able to track every requests and assign it to the appropriate person. Also, our team works on marketing campaigns and we can document every step through Workfront.

"Workfront Workflow Review"

What do you like best?

I like the transparency of the system. All marketing project entered can be searched by keywords including codes, owners & topics. There are no hidden workstreams or tasks.

What do you dislike?

The projects can be run in tandem where there’s no dependent tasks. The schedules indicate predecessors; however, there’s nothing that prevents users from jumping ahead, which creates issues with version control.

Workfront has eliminated the need for additional projects management resources & has streamlined similar types of projects. The production department now has time to focus on vendor relationships & process improvements, instead of chasing down deliverables. It’s also created consistency in how bidep or email or web projects are managed by predetermine get the required steps.

Workfront review by Christina E.
Christina E.

"End User of Workfront"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to share and delegate tasks, and to upload and share task-related information with all relevant parties from wherever I'm working.

What do you dislike?

I really wish Workfront a) did NOT email a notification for every single comment made by the same user on the same proof, and b) DID email a notification when that user was finished marking up a proof. It would be a much more useful way of knowing when to begin applying changes.

Collaborating in Workfront helped my team solve the problem of needing multiple sets of eyes from various teams looking over the same documents in a a timely fashion without all of those people being in the same place. It helped us keep all of our notes and thoughts in one place so there was no duplication of labor as we worked on time-sensitive projects together.

Workfront review by User in Internet

"Easy to use project management tool "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the UI. I can see everything I need in one place. The communication tools allow me to easily collaborate with teams across the company to assign work, track deadlines, and check status updates for projects I'm working on.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to use a separate program to track my time on projects. It would be nice to have a time tracking feature within Workfront for a more seamless experience.

We're solving the following business problems with Workfront

1- Project management / ensuring projects are completed on time

2- Employee time tracking / ensuring employees are working efficiently

3- Billing clients based on employee time sheets

4- Tracking scope / ensuring we stay within the SOW

I realized that life is easier when you have one software that can do it all. Workfront helps keep everyone on the same page and working efficiently.

Workfront review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Comprehensive Project Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Workfront is great because it allows our organization to stay on top of projects and their priorities. It is a very powerful tool that scales well from assignees working on tasks, to project managers building out projects, to leadership and management building and viewing reporting.

What do you dislike?

It can be a very complicated tool and does need some time to set up. I'd recommend really thinking about what needs you're trying to solve and having those figured out before you set everything up with your consultant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workfront is great for medium and large sized organizations with a decent amount of projects. It does require a large investment, so think about if you have the resources to really scale it up.

Workfront has helped our project management organization mature. We now have the ability to track our progress and success and can more accurately prove our overall value to the organization. Workfront reporting is now essential to our business processes.

Workfront review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"Innovative concept for large organization"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive tracking ability for any project. If all parties adhere to guidelines set by users, a clear audit trail is available for status update, accountability, etc.

What do you dislike?

The user group/org must have clearly defined process, expectations and guidelines to ensure that everyone will pull his weight. For my project, this pointed out critical deficiencies that had to be addressed before implementation. Also, my project was initiated by Marketing, independent of IT at the time due to workload contraints. Although Workfront assured set up support and hand-holding, they did not understand/recognize our limitations. It was our problem to solve.

Discovered that one key element for handling content development was an add-on app, distributed by Workfront, but which Workfront was ill-prepared to support. Our project continually pushed the envelop for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure your IT team will support set up and on-going management. Spend time prior to decision on specific expectations. Map out details, review with WorkFront to ensure all your questions are addressed, and more importantly that you are ready to commit to the next steps.

Looking for

- on-line, real-time visibility, project tracking and audit capability

- ability to make creative and content updates, review, comments and edits in a virtual environment

- improve content management strategy and process

Key benefit: adoption of WebDAM for content management

Workfront review by Mandy L.
Mandy L.

"Finally a Way to Track the Document Approval Process"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to import and track the approval process of documents, illustrations, videos, etc. You can create custom workflows to include various approval levels from different collaborators. It takes a bit of setup, but once you've created the workflows it's smooth sailing!

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky, but with some use (and maybe a bit of guidance), you can quickly become familiar with how to navigate ProofHQ and make it work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got multiple projects in various stages of approval, ditch the email approach and let ProofHQ become your document vault.

We needed a way to manage a copy workflow that always produces several rounds of drafts, and ProofHQ gives us a place to track and manage the process.

Workfront review by Lena U.
Lena U.

"Not the most intuitive and user friendly solution"

What do you like best?

Ability to add a lot of details and attach documents

What do you dislike?

It allows too much customization and a lot of users end up entering duplicative information, which is essentially the same but is named slightly differently. It makes it more complicated to analyze and run reporting off it. Changing reporting layout is also labour intensive, particularly if one needs to do the data dump of the entire data set and schedule it. Data visualization and reporting module need help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that customization are within the reason and data is standardized as much as possible for the reporting consistemcy

Project management, timesheet reporting for FTE and 3rd party consultants

Workfront review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

"Workfront Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to see all of your assignments, and conversations about a project, in one place. The ability to upload and view documents, as well as the proofing tool feature.

What do you dislike?

Once you are tagged in a comment, you will get emails/notifications about every comment that follows, even if the conversation is not applicable to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the initial training. Use it daily to get comfortable with the software.

Our team is able to collaborate on projects, and we can cut down on the number of emails we receive. Everything is in one place, rather than being scattered among different emails, phone conversations, meetings, etc.

Workfront review by Vaughn C.
Vaughn C.

"They're the best PM Platform I ever know"

What do you like best?

I am so much in love with the continuous innovation. They are also very supportive on how WF work - in terms of training, sessions, consultations etc.. I also impressed with how WF listens to their customers. They provide the best customer experience and they create conferences where you meet other clients that uses the same platform. This is my first conference with WF and I totally like it.

What do you dislike?

The new homepage seems like I needed to study the switch. I am totally used to the old version but I open to the innovation they have for us.

project management

Workfront review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Agency solution for disconnected tools, poor resource planning, and ineffective reporting"

What do you like best?

Workfront is one solution that provides us with streamlined communication, real-time reports, automated issue tracking and asset quality control. The ability to integrate with other systems, such as our development and financial systems, will increase our connected solutions and provide additional benefits in future phases.

What do you dislike?

There are a few areas within Workfront that do not currently meet our needs from an agency perspective. However, Workfront listened to our requests and recognized the business impact to all agencies and are working on a solution. Also to note, as they work on that solution, they are mindful to keep on-going collaboration with us (and other agencies).

Our initial challenges included disconnected tools and processes that were not very intuitive or user friendly, poor resource planning and ineffective reporting. Some of the benefits we have realized in just over a year after implementing phase one of our three-phase rollout plan include:

* Saved an estimated 105 hours of time per week across teams, a savings of at least $240,000 per year

* Increased individual's weekly services volume by approximated 50% - 70%.

* Increased on-time delivery rate to 99.9%

* Accelerated onboarding from 2 months to 3 weeks

* Added two strategic roles without increasing the budget, a savings of approximately $345,300

* Reduced overburn run-rate by 20% in 2 months

* Saved 45 hours weekly by reducing project and status update meetings, a savings of at least $110,000 per year

* Gained real-time reporting

Workfront review by Mallory T.
Mallory T.

"Workfront"

What do you like best?

I like the customization and process streamlining within the platform.

What do you dislike?

The navigation leaves a bit to be desired as there is space for a LOT of content within the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put some time into developing your project tracking layout.

Staying on track and relaying updates to the client without sending daily emails.

Workfront review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Very good project management tool, if you can get it rolled out."

What do you like best?

I like the granular views you can create based upon resource allocation. The ability to "template-ize" projects makes it easy to scale.

What do you dislike?

Due dates for tasks gets jumbled sometimes due to the multiple dates a task could have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having a consultant come in and help role the product out. The software itself has a lot of potential but it is important you do not have to go through multiple iterations of implementation and adjustments. Not only can it confuse folks but you also have to get people bought back in once you get it implemented correctly.

Time tracking, resource allocation.

Workfront review by User in Judiciary
User in Judiciary

"Very Reliable PM Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload Project schedules and tinker with them in the browser. Additionally, the workflow/resource allocation is especially useful and provides a good tool for our workplace.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat unintuitive design - sometimes the schedules don't work properly. However this may be from the certain contract we're under, so I don't know that this can speak for all users of the product. Perhaps not uploading templates - which is all we do - would be a way to counterract the issues we've had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely robust, with little downtime (ie very reliable).

We had no PM software, and this helped us. In terms of benefits, we're making sure projects are completed on-time and on-budget. This software helps us track which devs are on a specific project and how they are progressing on any given project.

Workfront review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Too many tasks"

What do you like best?

I like that you can get extremely detailed and granular with projects. If you are using this product, you are likely to not miss a beat when working with a team.

What do you dislike?

At times I think the product is too "micro managed". There is a button, step, tab, task for every step of the way. If you are working with a lean team, it's probably unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure everyone attends adequate training, as the interface isn't extremely intuitive.

What I have solved using Workfront is the minimization of work loss. You can truly keep an eye on your project at every level.

Workfront review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Workfront is a Solid Platform"

What do you like best?

I really liked how configurable the platform is, and I really valued the ability to view the entire Professional Services department's project portfolio.

What do you dislike?

The configuration was hard to do well and the consultant that WorkFront sent to help us, at a significant cost, was not properly prepared. We worked through it, but it took longer than we would have liked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, but as with any enterprise software, it would behoove you to make sure you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish with WorkFront in as much detail as possible before you start the implementation.

We were focused on portfolio management. The major benefit we realized was to better understand the capacity of our professional services organization, manage our resources more efficiently, and plan our pipeline more effectively.

Workfront review by User

"Great way to schedule and track emails"

What do you like best?

Workfront is a great program to submit email deployment tracking, create work orders for various tasks and to review the progress of a project.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see my work orders in a calendar view. Especially if I am using it for email deployment requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend workfront to others who are looking for an easy to fill out workorder program. It easily keeps everyone on the same page.

I am creating work orders, scheduling email deployments and tracking the progress. I have found it is easy to use and allows you to look up your progress with ease.

Workfront review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Workfront has really improved the way we work and helps get things done."

What do you like best?

After looking at many different PPM tools, I like Workfront the best mainly because of its usability and user interface. Many products out there have similar functionality, but with Workfront, they make it all so easy to use. Everything just seems to make sense. There isn't multiple steps to do something like in other products, and how you would think something should work, it does. The system is highly configurable too. We can really leverage that functionality and use the system in multiple ways for each department that uses it. The best part about it is that the normal user can understand and use the system to get their work done. They don't have to fully understand project management, need special certifications, or extensive training to get in and use it. I work at a University, and not only does our technology department use it, but so does our marketing and communications, our admissions office, our advancement office, and our facilities office, all using the system in different ways too. Its a great product and really fits our needs well.

What do you dislike?

We've been using the product since 2009 and have been very happy with it and the technical support that we've gotten. We have not been thrilled with the customer success representatives, or account reps though. It seems that every 6 months we have a new rep so there has been a struggle of working with someone that really understands our business and creating that partnership with us to make sure we are using the tool to best fit our needs. The product is great, the technical support is great, its just the account rep area needs some work. That said, if that is the worst thing about the product, I think that is a pretty good thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a look and I think the best product out there on the market. It is a tool though, so make sure you have your processes and methodologies and then use the tool to make them easier.

We use the product to manage our portfolio of projects, managed operations, time tracking, and in some cases the daily operations of the business. There are some departments that use the system just to create reports on the projects that they manage, and not actually use the tool to manage their projects. Each department has different reasons for using the system. We also use the system to help manage our capacity planning, and have taken data from the system to show our cabinet and help validate why we needed new positions created.

Workfront review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"WorkFront"

What do you like best?

It's clean looking. Nice colors, nice font. User "pretty"

What do you dislike?

Nothing is innate. You need to train on everything and learn everything. You don't get alerts on everything either. When a tasked project is complete and assigned to someone to approve and you are subscribed to that project, you don't get an email alerting you. That's a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use consistently on a daily basis and keep checking your projects over and over for updates. Many updates aren't sent to you automatically so I am constantly in WF checking all day long.

It's a good traffic management system.

Workfront review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"It don't Work very well"

What do you like best?

It's bulky and looks like a 10-year-old software solution. I don't like anything the best but if I had to choose it would the task comment function.

What do you dislike?

The design is horrible and not intuitive. It takes a long time to get used to it. Views of project timelines are horrible. People don't think of time as a list they think of time as something that moves horizontally back and forth, that would be a more intuitive design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This only works for .....well I don't know,, perhaps some widget based operation, the system isn't set up to really take into account real life project drag and shifts. It is not agile.

Manage project. We realized that there are so many variables with a project, adjust workflow isn't easy in workfront. Yes there are dependencies but often they aren't like real world situations. Design a software catered to how people actually work, rather than trying to make them work in an outdated waterfall style.

Your agile option is also horrible.

Workfront review by Dana K.
Dana K.

"Comprehensive Work Management Platform"

What do you like best?

I love the Workfront interface and ease of use. A lot of the more basic tools like Basecamp or Asana have very clean interfaces as well, but they don't have nearly as much functionality. Workfront has an incredibly comprehensive list of features while also keeping the user experience on par.

The reporting feature would have to be at the top of the list as well. While it does take some practice and training to really create some solid reports, once you get the hang of it, the options are endless.

What do you dislike?

The documents section of Workfront is getting better every rollout, however, it hasn't fixed the issue of folders and subfolders creating a bit of chaos for agencies like us. If a project manager wants to set up folders at the project level, those folders don't roll down to the task level creating a mismatch of files all over the place. No structure. Lack of organization capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time implementing. Don't try to master everything at once. Start small and work your way up.

We are able to track profitability on a project with time tracking, expense tracking and project planning. It's provided so much insight and visibility into what we do everyday. It allows us to dive deeper into problems and pinpoint issues to get to solutions faster.

We are also able to see where our resources loads are. We can instantly see who's overbooked and who's under utilized. The visibility into everything has been the largest benefit to us as an organization.

Workfront review by Katherine M.
Katherine M.

"Workfront helps keep me organized and my team on track - a pleasure to use"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see all of my tasks and their due dates on the My Work page. Workflows make it simple to run a task from design and production, to approval and then to legal and compliance review. It's easy to keep projects organized, with all the necessary documents and details stored within the task page. And in the same vein, it's easy to get caught up on the status of a task or project by reviewing the "feed" of updates. Workfront is also extremely user-friendly, unlike other project management tools I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the "My Work" page gets a little cluttered up, usually by projects I am still assigned to be working on, but which have either stalled or are stuck on a step of approval that I am not involved in. It would be great to have a way to better organize this section, since I refer to it so frequently throughout the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After using two competing project management tools in the past (at previous jobs), I can honestly say that Workfront is leaps and bounds ahead of them - both in ease of use and the robust functionality it offers. I would recommend it without hesitation.

Our team is now all on the same page with the status of all of our many, many projects that are being managed at a given time. Workfront has been a great way to keep members from different areas of our organization apprised of task updates as well. Essentially, Workfront has simplified and streamlined the daunting amount of projects our team works on, as well as the communication between members of our team. It also personally keeps my current tasks organized in a central location.

Workfront review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"It works, but it's frustrating to use"

What do you like best?

The timesheet is easy to use to track against specific tasks. Also, it's not terribly difficult to set up a front-facing screen to allow customers/internal users to submit issues to different groups.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels quite clunky, and it doesn't integrate nicely with anything else. The task assignment menu is flaky as well, at least on Chrome and Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workfront isn't bad, and has noticeably improved over the past year. It does require a lot of configuration however.

We were looking for a tool to manage time tracking and issue/task management. This has worked fairly well, as it is a huge upgrade over just using emails, however it is a far cry from JIRA when it comes to task/issue tracking.

Workfront review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Great project management tool"

What do you like best?

The feature we most appreciate on workfront was the template feature for projects. Being able to set up a variety of templates for our teams and apply them to projects as needed rather than having to set up projects from scratch saved us a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The hours/dates feature on projects never quite worked for us, I think there are some bugs there that still need to be smoothed out as this was our biggest issue. When we adjusted some dates on a project others would break and we'd have to start all over again. Not sure if this is a standard experience.

We're solving for communication and project management across several teams that work together. Workfront has significantly improved our effectiveness and communication across the board, ensuring that we're on top of deadlines, sharing creative files and strategy, and keeping a constant line of communication while getting things done.

Workfront review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great for multi person proofing"

What do you like best?

We've been looking at other proofing software since our contract was getting close to done and the price was going up. But after looking at other ones, ProofHQ rocks even more than we already knew. We love that we can send out proofs for promotional emails, homepages, or an entire catalog, and to many different lists of people. You can make comments on certain areas with drawing tools, people can comment back in a nice thread. And you know who is commenting so if you have questions you can go to them. Many of the other proofing sites don't have those options. Oh and there's an app to look at proofs on your phone too! Although I deleted that so I wouldn't get sucked into working from home :)

What do you dislike?

Some times I feel like it needs a creative refresh, but I know where everything is and it's functional, so doesn't really matter. I don't believe it's mobile friendly unless you have the app, which was annoying the few times I tried from my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to stop paper routing on things, ProofHQ is the way to go! Especially if you have a catalog and a large team of people who need to proof it. It's a very easy to use tool.

Using ProofHQ has been great for our business. We've moved our entire catalog paper routing process to digital. Saves so much paper, time, and confusion. Making comments in ProofHQ is so much easier than using a paper sticky note and then on to the next person who could comment on the sticky note but the people who saw it previously wouldn't see it. I'm sure there is more to the tool that we're not using also.

Workfront review by User in Computer Software

"Product that can't live up to its great marketing"

What do you like best?

The marketing and thought leadership offerings from the company are great. Everything from promotional product demos to industry-specific white papers and reports were excellent and very useful.

What do you dislike?

The product itself is antiquated, non-mobile-friendly, and one of the most counter-productive software user experiences I and my Marketing team have had. Processes that took only 1 or 2 clicks in Asana (our previous system) or Wrike (our current system replacing Workfront) often took 10 or more clicks in Workfront. Even with significant and expensive consultation with the Workfront team, most of our problems with Workfront were simply system limitations and poor UX design, not setup or implementation shortcomings. All the great things about the marketing and thought leadership, in addition to the excellent visual rebrand from AtTask to Workfront, only made the poor product experience more painful. It felt like bait and switch, or like the company tried to solve their product issues with a visual/marketing facelift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to actual users. Don't just rely on their marketing. Do a thorough comparison with Wrike, Asana, and others.

None. We used Workfront for a little over a year and it was a project management disaster that made us regret leaving Asana and forced a switch to Wrike.

Workfront review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Making updates that will help my office function more efficiently"

What do you like best?

I like that Workfront has lots of customizable options through the custom form feature. We're able to quickly make tweaks and changes based on the various needs of our customers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the level of detail required (or not required) in the Search feature makes finding documents difficult. The results can be inconsistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Workfront based on the customizable nature of the solution. It's a great tool for managing portfolios and individual projects, down to almost the minute, in terms of tracking productivity and expenses.

We're managing a more efficient workflow for our office. We see projects through to completion much more quickly, and we've realized where we can gain efficiencies in terms of costs, etc.

Workfront review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Workfront Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I have all of my information in one centralized location. Workfront allows you to take a look at pay slips, HR information, career opportunities, healthcare benefits, etc. all in one stop rather than having to navigate to multiple websites.

What do you dislike?

There is somewhat of a learning curve that takes some getting used to, but assuming you have someone in place or a process in place to train there is a very seamless transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, and if it doesn't meet your expectations there are other tools available. With that being said, this product definitely cuts out a lot of manual processes that I have seen in other work environments.

Managing HR related information was our primary use case. This has numerous benefits, including streamlining the PTO request process, payslip viewing/processing, etc.

Workfront review by Shelly L.
Shelly L.

"One tool for all project work."

What do you like best?

By using this tool we have reduced the number of tools and spreadsheets used to track projects and project work. Highly customizable. Can be overwhelming for technology challenged people. We overcame this by stripping out some of the options to make it more user friendly for implementation.

What do you dislike?

Some reports and calendars are not printable yet. Tech support usually requires tier 2 assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a highly customizable software that is easy to implement. I recommend that people know their processes and project timelines prior to purchasing as this will make implementation easier.

We have had a huge time savings in creating projects and tracking project status. We no longer rely on 20+ spreadsheets for status updates and project schedules.

Workfront review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"great pm system "

What do you like best?

Easy to use for clients and love the charts and tracking you can see per designer for workload

What do you dislike?

having to custom build your forms and platform was time consunming but worth the effort

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a great platform but you have to do the prework. Know what type of info you need to gather from your clients, what type of data your company wants to see etc. that way you’ll get the best use out of the tool.

Tracking workflow, quantity of work and realizing the volume of requests our creative teams deals with.

Workfront review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Nice for revisions, but clunky interface"

What do you like best?

I like that several comments can be made on one thing.

I also like that you can highlight the thing/spot you're referring too

I like that you can share out a link of the proof

I like that you can organize by project

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to go back and forth and in and out of multiple screens - if you're reviewing a website link that has multiple pages for example.

The interface isn't intuitive for our clients.

We looked into using symu.co, which I love! However, they are based out of country and we didn't feel as though the verbiage used on the instructions and interface were well written. So we couldn't use that with out clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good tool, just takes some getting used to

Internal proofing as well as client proofing. It's nice to have confirmation in client writing

Workfront review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Decent PM tool ... "

What do you like best?

SaaS. Reporting is very good. Custom forms gives you good flexibility. I like the notifications for overdue tasks or tasks coming due. Interface is easy to navigate. Support seems to be excellent - I am not the admin but I have sat in on support calls and the tech person seems very knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

Creating tasks and subtasks can be tricky. You need to pay attention to dates. We are also using it to track time. You can only create two (maybe three) levels/layers for recording time. Not enough detail for us so we will see how that rolls up.

The tool offers various roles and access which is a benefit to keeping the team informed. It takes a little time to get accustomed to the tool but everyone seems to be getting the hang of it and having one tool to do the PM is great.

Workfront review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Workfronts ProofHQ Great Tool to Get Everyone on Same Page"

What do you like best?

I like that it helps get everyone from different departments on the same page. It is very easy to use and for people to make comments on a proof.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it moves really slow sometimes and also that people are not notified when someone makes a comment on their comments. If that was fixed, this would be the perfect product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great product and perfect for organizations who need to have creative in front of a lot of different eye balls. This helps keep everyone accountable for approving a piece of creative and keeping the approval process moving.

We have multiple departments/people that need to see every email we send out. This is great for archiving and keeping all comments/approvals/requests in one place from all the different groups.

Workfront review by Kevin A. H.
Kevin A. H.

"User unfriendly and inconsistent"

What do you like best?

Works as a repository for assets and information related to a project.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the tabs and functions have very similar names, and it's hard to find the page I am looking for. User access is buggy. Some days, some users are suddenly unable to access particular parts of a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to verify everyone has the access they need!

Solving the issue of getting assets and information from disparate groups of people over extended periods of time and it all goes to one place.

Workfront review by Benjamin G.
Benjamin G.

"Great Control of Project Requests and Asset Management"

What do you like best?

Workfront has enabled our in-house marketing department to reign in the daily exercise of constant project requests that come from every corner of our corporation across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. These requests - which usually include phone calls, emails, sticky notes and employees looming over our desks - also were either lacking critical information or were half-baked ideas to start and just wasted our time. By directing these requests through Workfront, we can control the information required for submission and get everything that we need up front. When a valid request becomes a project we can actually work on, our management team can also review each team's workload at a glance and assign tasks as necessary. When the higher ups ask for a report on what your team is doing, you can forget about scrambling to compile metrics and asking each employee to jot down a rough guestimate of hours worked. Reporting is as simple as pulling up your customized dashboard, setting the report parameters, and sending the resulting graph up the chain.

What do you dislike?

Workfront has a Flash-based, drag-and-drop staff assignment tool that leaves something to be desired. The highly intuitive reports that you generate are lackluster in design. Initial sticker shock for implementing this tool makes it hard to get started.

These are very minor concerns in the grand scheme of things. Workfront has many more pros than it does cons, and the time and effort you save by using the tool more than makes up for the small improvements that could be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the initial sticker shock or the seemingly laborious education/implementation phase turn you away from this product.

We are solving the problem of constant project requests coming in the form of sticky notes, phone calls, emails and people stopping us in the hall. We are also much more efficient with project assignments and updates, as team projects are all visible to the entire team.

Workfront review by Administrator

"User Friendly Proof Software"

What do you like best?

I liked the visibility of the software. You could see who was looking at proofs in real time, and their comments, then you could respond to or check off a box indicating their comment had been addressed in the proof. I also liked that you could set workflows so that the same group of people would always be invited to review similar projects. I also enjoyed that it sent out reminders to people who hadnt checked a project.

What do you dislike?

It was a pain to archive things sometimes, a project didnt go into its respective folder once it had been approved by all submitter's. It would have also been nice to be able to work on the proof in the program rather than having to go back and forth between another program and then upload a new version.

We had a lot of marketing projects that required both people in the office and those working remotely. This software gave us all a platform to share and edit creative proofs together. It's also very good to see who had approved, who has reviewed, and what their comments are.

"Workfront Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the multiple and seemingly endless possibilities for functionality. All work can be done and tracked inside the system and it doubles as a great collaboration tool.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the endless functionality can seem like a double-edged sword; I can get lost in the possibilities and new features. Sometimes it can become a bit overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time and be patient when learning the system. It works well once you understand all of the features and benefits.

We are solving the problems of collaboration, logistics, reviews, and approvals. We have realized the power of "nothing is final until approved in Workfront." We use it as our official "go ahead" to seek approvals prior to moving forward on projects.

Workfront review by User

"Great for online proofing and project management "

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to watch a project from start to finish and to be able to compare multiple versions.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, I miss updates from members working on a project. I wish you didn't have to "@" a person to get an alert of pertinent commentary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is an ideal program for managing jobs/work and also offers the ability to easily reference projects from the past.

I am able to track the progression of marketing materials from job request to completion.

Workfront review by G2 Crowd User in E-Learning
G2 Crowd User in E-Learning

"Great Work Management System"

What do you like best?

Workfront makes it very easy to have project-level and task-level views of an enterprise's collective work. The user interface is very intuitive. And the tech support is excellent. The reporting and dashboard views are particularly helpful when it comes to showing progress against goals. We have been able to organize and track workflows for thousands of projects, and this wasn't as feasible in Microsoft Access, at least with not this level of detail.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there were a live chat function so employees could talk to each other in real time instead of through the formal (and sometimes public) comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tech support and free online trainings/seminars offered by Workfront are really valuable, and you can check in with them when experiencing problems, many of which they can solve on their end. This sets Workfront apart from many other project management platforms.

Managing workflow, assigning tasks, ensuring compliance

Workfront review by User in Education Management