Workfront

Workfront

Workfront is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools.

Work for Workfront?

Learning about Workfront?

Workfront Reviews

Ask Workfront a Question
Showing 328 Workfront reviews
Workfront review by <span>Vesna N.</span>
Vesna N.

Workfront totally transformed how we work as a team

What do you like best?

Weve been with workfront for a few months and have gradually added more modules to our platform. I like how we now have a view over all the work the marketing team is producing, how we have standardised requests from our stakeholders and how we have transformed our sign-off process to be 100% digital through workfront.

What do you dislike?

Not much! We have just added the DAM functionality in the last year and i think there is room for improvement in the the UI there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend the time getting to know the system and getting it set up to meet your needs. Also take baby steps in introducing others to it. There's so much is=t can do that it might sema bit overwhelming at first. But stick with it - its worth it.

We needed to standardise how we kept track of campaigns, how we took requests from the business, how we managed sign offs and also standardise campaign processes. While making sure everyone we worked with had full visibility of our work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workfront
Workfront review by <span>Chelsea T.</span>
Chelsea T.

Workfront is more important to me than Outlook

What do you like best?

I love the reporting capabilities. I also love the platform itself and the ability to customize it for my team and our needs. Working on a project with team members across functional teams (and even across offices) is no longer a big "to do." Each person knows what is expected of them and the tool creates accountability. It has become one of my "always open" programs, similar to my email.

What do you dislike?

Today? Nothing; the tool and its accompanying mobile app is always improving based on customer recommendations. Originally, the ability to customize was overwhelming, and there was no one "correct" way to build something out. Once I was able to determine my team's needs, this became less of an issue.

Workfront has provided my department with a way to streamline our request intake, allocate to available resources, and track volume by both functional team and by practice group, which is especially important for our executive leadership to have reports on. We had close to zero processes before Workfront, and reporting on any one thing was a challenge and often included hours of digging through email.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Workfront review by <span>Jarad M.</span>
Jarad M.

Easy to use project management software with minor hiccups

What do you like best?

From a general user perspective it's relatively easy to use and navigate to know what work is assigned to you and the ability to leave comments in tasks as well as in document proofs. The highlight for me is that it integrates with email (Outlook for me) so that I get updates, comments, etc. in my email and can respond via email if I'm remote and don't have access to Workfront.

What do you dislike?

While it's easy to get away with the basics to hobble along, unless you are properly trained by someone in this software prior to using (or have experience with a competitor) you will miss or not understand MUCH of its functionality. I've been using it for almost a year and half, and there are still so many things I'm just now learning. So make sure you're trained properly or else you might have a steep learning curve. Or if you're satisfied with bare minimum use as a contributor and not a PM yourself, then perhaps this isn't as big of a deal.

Also, we've dealt with some annoying downtime and delayed response. We've had almost full workdays where it is "down" and unusable (NOT on a scheduled maintenance day). There have also been days where its update system doesn't notify people for hours after your comment or request, so you have sit in the program and hit refresh constantly if that happens, which can be annoying. It doesn't happen frequently, more like once a quarter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have experience using this or a similar product, do some training and research. It's a very complex program with lots of capabilities that are not readily apparent to a first time user.

Workfront is the software our company uses for project management. Our PMs manage our instance while individual contributors such as myself comment, approve, and do timesheets. We've benefitted from having our projects and timesheets in the same place--it makes it much easier to keep track of hours for our agency.

Workfront review by <span>Tegwyn S.</span>
Tegwyn S.

Workfront is the most robust project and asset management software I have ever used

What do you like best?

Creating smart custom forms has really streamlined our job request process and has made capturing initial necessary information so much easier for the marketing dept. Creating custom reports that are available in real time - in a dashboard helps keep workflow transparent and easy to follow. Request queues - routing rules - user access levels help further define user interface.

What do you dislike?

we were under tremendous time crunch upon implementation and roll-out and I do not think we were able to think through proofHQ connection. I find somewhat of a disconnect between the two and often have to try and troubleshoot issues myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. I would definitely choose to take on the role of a full time administrator as opposed to having more than one person try to work full time and handle admin duties as ir can be overwhelming and time consuming.

we are able to use same software across several departments for the first time. we are also able to integrate external customers with limited access in order to streamline customer requests to mktg who then determine if job will continue by adding additional smart forms that correspond to specific templates for schedules. very easy to manipulate schedules for those outlayer projects that don't always fit process.

Workfront review by <span>Connie S.</span>
Connie S.

Marketing Project Management simplified

What do you like best?

I like the fact that regardless of the process, the tool has the ability to flex for all the divisions of my organization. It does this with integrated project management thought and tools without the end user even realizing that these principles are being applied. When used to its full capacity, your team can be better project managers without even knowing they are project managers.

What do you dislike?

The good is often the bad at the same time. Because of the many capabilities, users can become easily overwhelmed with the functionality. This is easily managed through the creation of templates and training, but it is something to be aware of as you build out your iteration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in. The system is flexible and the customer community is extremely helpful. I have never experienced a community as awesome as the one that Workfront has created.

Efficiency, streamlined/inline feedback, annotations of marketing collateral, portfolio optimization and overall increase in better metrix for marketing as it relates to work getting done.

Workfront review by <span>Teale M.</span>
Teale M.

Workfront to Manage Tech

What do you like best?

All of it... Resource Planning, Budget Tracking, Schedule templates, Agile queue, support queues, customization, reporting, dashboards. Ease of use and implementation.

What do you dislike?

When I first began using Workfront, I noticed a few quirks, if you will. For instance, dragging and dropping is not as easy as you'd think and Ctrl-Z or Undo doesn't exist in the current functionality.

I'd like to see functionality that tracks when stories are placed into or removed from a sprint. In general, more functionality in the Agile arena would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strong executive support is recommended when a Workfront implementation is being considered. Because of the unlimited power of the tool, non-technical individuals can be easily intimidated when first introduced to the interface.

Always make sure you've outlined the pain points that you're trying to solve so that you can reference them frequently to show the success that implementation of the tool brings to the organization.

Workfront provides transparency into the work that we do to support our cross-functional teams. Centralized reporting is real-time and reduces PM workload to report status.

Learn more about Workfront

Workfront Videos

Workfront Downloads

Learning about Workfront?

* We monitor all Workfront reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.