Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work)

Facebook at Work allows you to use Facebook tools to interact with co-workers.

Work for Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work)?
Ibmconnections 2x

Learning about Workplace?

Compare Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work) to Similar Solutions

Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work) Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 572 Workplace reviews
Workplace review by <span>Christopher G.</span>
Christopher G.

Just like my personal facebook!

What do you like best?

I love that I didn't feel like I had to learn a whole new system. Everything works just like personal Facebook does, but, of course, it's only seen by people I work with. I love the ability to be a part of different groups, being able to chat with my coworkers online instead of having to send an email or buzz them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that it required 2 new programs on my phone. I had to download the Workplace app, and the Workplace chat app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! It makes communication so great for offices with 50+ people, and isn't tied to your personal facebook.

Communication has never been better in our office. We can post things to different groups, get answers to questions quickly, and we are able to keep each other updated on changes, issues, etc. with different properties we rent.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work)
Workplace review by <span>Hari P.</span>
Hari P.

Workplace - Efficient social site to get relaxed

What do you like best?

The ability to like share comment and engage the employees between others in friendly way. One the best I like about workplace is the application on our mobile. It is very easy to co-ordinate with our colleges and sharing thoughts with our product. Communications and appreciations can be shared within our co workers and getting motivated is very inspirational in social way.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I like this tool very much and cannot find any dislikes in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Users who are all using workplace at your office, please try downloading the application on your smart device and experience the best. Once we start using workplace you will get easily into it and it is the best social site for workers which all can use at any time.

It helps out in reaching all the teams easily if we post a comment in General.

It also helps us in creating a close relationship with the employees and even it is very useful in sharing our thoughts to the other peoples who work out of different branches

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Workplace review by <span>Durga Prasad N.</span>
Durga Prasad N.

Relaxing tool at work

What do you like best?

It helps us to communicate and share our thoughts within the organisation by providing various features that are available in Facebook with privacy and security only with our colleagues. The achievements in our work can be shared and appreciated in this social tool. Which helps us to boost up with our great work.

Team meetings and updates can be informed instantly with one single message to total organisation.

What do you dislike?

I am not at all disappointed about this tool at any point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to connect with Co-workers, Feedback about the products can be shared, Presentations and celebrations at our office can be shared with your colleagues, Email communications can be reduced and time can be saved.

Easy communication, can create separate groups for our teams and can share the updates and the pics of our team outings. Tagging our co-workers from other teams and making fun. Overall a great social tool to use at our WORK (Office) PLACE.

Workplace review by <span>Brittany R.</span>
Brittany R.

Business for Facebook

What do you like best?

I like that my whole company has moved over to workplace. So instead of having different private groups on Facebook, (which there still are some team groups) we are now able to have open groups/chats/pages with workplace to answer business questions without the interruption of everyday Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was link or place that you could click to switch over to workplace super easy from your personal Facebook.

Since our business is on the cloud. And I work from home...being able to get onto workplace and see conversations about things I need help with is beneficial. I am also able to ask and questions that pertains to my real estate business to others in the company around the world on workplace. It’s very convenient to get answer back quickly. As I’ve compared to posting on workplace and regular Facebook. Much quicker. Also seeing news/updates from a broker or tech people through workplace is very quick as well. Great concept!!

Workplace review by <span>Roustem K.</span>
Roustem K.

Useful communication tool for our company

What do you like best?

At AgileBits we are using both Workplace and Slack. While nothing could be Slack for real-time chat, Workplace is much better suited for announcements and discussions that could span several days and even weeks. It helps that comments are threaded and it is possible to reply to a specific comment instead of the entire post.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that could use more work. For example, it is not that easy to format posts and if you forgot to specify that you were using Markdown then the entire post has to be recreated. Also, it is not possible to use Markdown formatting in the comments.

The timeline still confuses most of us. It is not clear why some post appear and some posts do not appear on the timeline. There are just too many smarts, it would be more effective if timeline was always chronological and included all posts from the groups I follow. I ended up using just the notification popup to keep track of the new posts and comments, which is not ideal.

We use different groups to communicate within teams. We also have a single Announcement group for company-wide announcements.

Most of our company is remote and in many different timezones. Workplace helps us to communicate asynchronously — some of the discussions take place over several weeks.

Workplace review by <span>David F.</span>
David F.

Familiar territory offers substantial benefit

What do you like best?

The Facebook platform remains one of the most recognizable user interface is on the market today. This familiarity no doubt have a positive ROI for companies looking to implement this across their organization . I found that you can accomplish a lot of tasks and keep everyone on the same page with this easy to use program. What Facebook is offering it’s truly exceptional for the workplace.

What do you dislike?

The one area that I believe they could use a little bit of work on would be the task management scheduling future in terms of calendaring out and following along the progress on each project. However, this is not a reason to dismiss this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like all other software decisions, know exactly what you were looking to Saul before selecting the software. Facebook offers a wonderful product however it is still in its infancy stages so don’t expect a fully operational and blown out program to meet all your needs. However the one outstanding feature with this program- everyone will know how to use it and that will save a substantial amount of money in training and on boarding expenses.

Team management on a project basis and internal communications are the two main objectives looking to be solved. Facebook does a mavelous job at both and for a fair price point.

Learning about Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work)?

* We monitor all Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work) to Similar Solutions