Workplace by Facebook

Workplace by Facebook

Workplace by Facebook allows you to use Facebook tools to interact with co-workers.

Work for Workplace by Facebook?

Learning about Workplace by Facebook?

Workplace by Facebook Reviews

Ask Workplace by Facebook a Question
Showing 700 Workplace by Facebook reviews
Workplace by Facebook review by Elynn S.
Elynn S.

"Great Connection within the Company"

What do you like best?

it literally connects almost everyone in the company, it is convenient for larger companies as we do not tend to know all the employees, but by having everyone on workplace, we kinda have a clue on who is who and what are their roles. co-workers get to know and connect with each other in an easier and convenient manner.

What do you dislike?

nothing much. just that the new posts does not show up on the dashboard. you need to click in the created groups to look back on the past posts. it would be better if the posts are shown on a timeline basis rather than popularity basis. it would be easier to track on information or post shared earlier by co-workers

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great platform to connect with new and old co-workers. we also get to share daily updates and information through this platform.

we are using workplace by facebook as a platform to connect to co-workers. a lot of important information and office functions are also shared and discussed on the platform. the greatest benefit is of course getting to connect to one another, especially getting to know new and old colleagues.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workplace by Facebook
Workplace by Facebook review by Jon H.
Jon H.

"Workplace is Just Another Facebook, Don´t Expect PM Tools"

What do you like best?

While the title says it´s blasé, I do like the fact that it operates and feels like Facebook. It´s familiarity makes it easier to use. It does keep work drama off personal ¨social¨ FaceBook, which is a big plus for project teams and call centers. I´ve used polls, discussions for creatives, status updates, and status of peers to be available for communication. We work remotely in five locations, three states, which made seamless cloud a must.

What do you dislike?

It needs more collaboration features like collaboration and project management. If I didn´t have to use something like Asana, it would help a lot. The features are a FaceBook for work, and that´s about it. Our feature implementation was weak, there weren´t many to use. We were better off just with Instant Message and Hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that if you have Chatter (SalesForce) or other collaboration implementations, you don´t need WorkPlace unless you want to socially communicate off of the ¨social¨ personal FaceBook. It is featureless for project management or progress tracking, and really disappointed us.

I looked for coordination of projects. What I had was a way to share concept art. Beyond that, it really isn´t highly functional other than hiding projects from mutual non-FaceBook friends. It does move any work drama off FaceBook, and keeps my competitors in mutual circles from seeing anything we work on. Sales Training and Consulting is collaborative, but a bad break with our former employers made secrecy a necessity.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Workplace by Facebook review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"My experience with Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

I like that this program really helps to cultivate a social atmosphere in the workplace. It makes it much more fun to get to know coworkers when you have an electronic platform which to connect on. I used this program as a summer intern this summer, and found that Workplace by Facebook made it easier to connect to other interns in my local office, as well as across the country and world! One of my favorite aspects about Workplace by Facebook was the ability to follow pages within my own company. My company has a company pets and company twins page, and I thought that this was such a neat idea in order to make a more friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the work place, allowing for an easier flow of ideas and positive communication between coworkers.

What do you dislike?

My biggest qualm with this program is the amount of notifications that I receive. I get probably 7-8 emails per day with "updates", and even though I click "unsubscribe" on the emails, I still receive emails from a different category (apparently the unsubscribe button only works for specific categories of posts, and you have to go in and manually unsubscribe from everything to stop receiving emails).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others to really get involved in Workplace by Facebook! It is definitely one of those products where the more effort you put into using it actively, the more you get out of it.

I have realized the benefit of improved communication in my place of work.

Workplace by Facebook review by Destiny C.
Destiny C.

"Workplace is great tool for multi-departmental businesses"

What do you like best?

I love that it is exactly like facebook if it were only groups. So you have great flexibility in what you see and don't see. I work in vacation rentals, so there is sales, guest services, maintenance, property service managers, and marketing. But then there are groups created like "Social Post" "Photos To Share" "Health Club" and others that help all departments come together!

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if you can or not, but there are certain people I would prefer to block, but that wouldn't be conducive to the point of workplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have inter-department issues where you feel like there is a disconnect or confusion, this will iron it out quickly! It's easy to not know how much a person's job affects the company until you see how it affects you! That is easy to see on workplace.

Receiving and sending messages that are inter-departmental. Someone may not check their email often. But a message on workplace chat can be seen easily.

I also really like that it helps me feel connected to people I might not see often, but I know are valuable part of the company.

Workplace by Facebook review by Tirthak P.
Tirthak P.

"Never underestimate the power of facebook !! Best thing you will get :)"

What do you like best?

Firstly it is the product from facebook so man !! Everything is best. You will not feel regret even if you choose to have this for small period.

Support team is also there for us which help us in workplace regarding any query of yours.

Go ahead if have a big team and make pages and groups. Everything you can do using this. even you will have access to free video and audio calls using workchat.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is to be disliked.. you will get everything fantastic..No other hassle in platform iot is simple and well planned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to all the company head who need their team on the board and also want them to be live on a best platform.

So from my side just go ahead.

Here at our organisation we use it for our team. We collaborate there and manage our work. See others report and check the status and post our success stories.

Benefits-

- You can create your page.

- you have personal groups.

- You can manage team using Admin panel

- Everything on your finger tips

Workplace by Facebook review by Christopher G.
Christopher G.

"Just like my personal facebook!"

What do you like best?

I love that I didn't feel like I had to learn a whole new system. Everything works just like personal Facebook does, but, of course, it's only seen by people I work with. I love the ability to be a part of different groups, being able to chat with my coworkers online instead of having to send an email or buzz them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that it required 2 new programs on my phone. I had to download the Workplace app, and the Workplace chat app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! It makes communication so great for offices with 50+ people, and isn't tied to your personal facebook.

Communication has never been better in our office. We can post things to different groups, get answers to questions quickly, and we are able to keep each other updated on changes, issues, etc. with different properties we rent.

Workplace by Facebook review by Hari P.
Hari P.

"Workplace - Efficient social site to get relaxed"

What do you like best?

The ability to like share comment and engage the employees between others in friendly way. One the best I like about workplace is the application on our mobile. It is very easy to co-ordinate with our colleges and sharing thoughts with our product. Communications and appreciations can be shared within our co workers and getting motivated is very inspirational in social way.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I like this tool very much and cannot find any dislikes in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Users who are all using workplace at your office, please try downloading the application on your smart device and experience the best. Once we start using workplace you will get easily into it and it is the best social site for workers which all can use at any time.

It helps out in reaching all the teams easily if we post a comment in General.

It also helps us in creating a close relationship with the employees and even it is very useful in sharing our thoughts to the other peoples who work out of different branches

Workplace by Facebook review by Durga Prasad N.
Durga Prasad N.

"Relaxing tool at work"

What do you like best?

It helps us to communicate and share our thoughts within the organisation by providing various features that are available in Facebook with privacy and security only with our colleagues. The achievements in our work can be shared and appreciated in this social tool. Which helps us to boost up with our great work.

Team meetings and updates can be informed instantly with one single message to total organisation.

What do you dislike?

I am not at all disappointed about this tool at any point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to connect with Co-workers, Feedback about the products can be shared, Presentations and celebrations at our office can be shared with your colleagues, Email communications can be reduced and time can be saved.

Easy communication, can create separate groups for our teams and can share the updates and the pics of our team outings. Tagging our co-workers from other teams and making fun. Overall a great social tool to use at our WORK (Office) PLACE.

Workplace by Facebook review by Corbin S.
Corbin S.

"Workplace is the way to go for daily communication with co-workers. "

What do you like best?

The messenger function is essential to my daily work routine. I also love the updates that I receive when customer service (for the company I work for) responds to issues with clients. The updates keep me in the loop with any errors with my work.

What do you dislike?

I wish there wouldn't always be the need for uploading an image for my profile. Even if there was an option for random images then that would be nice (maybe there is?).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this program as the only program to communicate with your peers. It has chat, video, updates, and probably a ton more that I have yet to discover.

Tons. If not for Workplace, I would be communicating via text/facebook messenger/skype. Workplace is a combination of all those and without the unwanted messages from friends while I am working.

Workplace by Facebook review by Brittany R.
Brittany R.

"Business for Facebook"

What do you like best?

I like that my whole company has moved over to workplace. So instead of having different private groups on Facebook, (which there still are some team groups) we are now able to have open groups/chats/pages with workplace to answer business questions without the interruption of everyday Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was link or place that you could click to switch over to workplace super easy from your personal Facebook.

Since our business is on the cloud. And I work from home...being able to get onto workplace and see conversations about things I need help with is beneficial. I am also able to ask and questions that pertains to my real estate business to others in the company around the world on workplace. It’s very convenient to get answer back quickly. As I’ve compared to posting on workplace and regular Facebook. Much quicker. Also seeing news/updates from a broker or tech people through workplace is very quick as well. Great concept!!

Workplace by Facebook review by Roustem K.
Roustem K.

"Useful communication tool for our company"

What do you like best?

At AgileBits we are using both Workplace and Slack. While nothing could be Slack for real-time chat, Workplace is much better suited for announcements and discussions that could span several days and even weeks. It helps that comments are threaded and it is possible to reply to a specific comment instead of the entire post.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that could use more work. For example, it is not that easy to format posts and if you forgot to specify that you were using Markdown then the entire post has to be recreated. Also, it is not possible to use Markdown formatting in the comments.

The timeline still confuses most of us. It is not clear why some post appear and some posts do not appear on the timeline. There are just too many smarts, it would be more effective if timeline was always chronological and included all posts from the groups I follow. I ended up using just the notification popup to keep track of the new posts and comments, which is not ideal.

We use different groups to communicate within teams. We also have a single Announcement group for company-wide announcements.

Most of our company is remote and in many different timezones. Workplace helps us to communicate asynchronously — some of the discussions take place over several weeks.

Workplace by Facebook review by David F.
David F.

"Familiar territory offers substantial benefit"

What do you like best?

The Facebook platform remains one of the most recognizable user interface is on the market today. This familiarity no doubt have a positive ROI for companies looking to implement this across their organization . I found that you can accomplish a lot of tasks and keep everyone on the same page with this easy to use program. What Facebook is offering it’s truly exceptional for the workplace.

What do you dislike?

The one area that I believe they could use a little bit of work on would be the task management scheduling future in terms of calendaring out and following along the progress on each project. However, this is not a reason to dismiss this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like all other software decisions, know exactly what you were looking to Saul before selecting the software. Facebook offers a wonderful product however it is still in its infancy stages so don’t expect a fully operational and blown out program to meet all your needs. However the one outstanding feature with this program- everyone will know how to use it and that will save a substantial amount of money in training and on boarding expenses.

Team management on a project basis and internal communications are the two main objectives looking to be solved. Facebook does a mavelous job at both and for a fair price point.

Workplace by Facebook review by Udhaya K.
Udhaya K.

"Official Facebook tool to share, like, comment within our work place"

What do you like best?

It is a best place to share our thoughts with other colleagues, assign tasks to the team in the group.

This tool helps us is socializing with other employees in the organization, if a new member joins the office then he/she will take time to communicate with other personally but Workplace helps them by interacting through this tool and ensures the gap between the teams are minimized.

What do you dislike?

I personally need more features that we have in the actual Facebook so that we can spend even more time on Workplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a tool that could help your employees in building a good relationship between others then this workplace will serve the purpose.

It helps us in monitoring the activities of the employees and assigning tasks to them over the groups. Also makes the work environment

It is very helpful for us in building a good and healthy relationship within the business.

Also we use the tool to share our daily activities and the celebrations that are done in the office so that other team members who reside in other parts of the world can know what we do or what we celebrate in various branches of the company.

Workplace by Facebook review by Jordan D.
Jordan D.

"An excellent company intranet and comms platform "

What do you like best?

I love the group feature. Workplace groups feel like little online communities, and it fosters great communication. What's nice about Workplace is that it brings all of the fun social features about the Facebook platform into a professional setting. There's virtually no learning curve involved, because really everyone intuitively understands how the platform works. The mobile app is fantastic, and it doen't just feel like another social media platform to check. It really feels like it's enhancing my experience at work.

What do you dislike?

We've experienced some text field bugs, and I wish there were more robust chat features (ie: desktop app).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of groups. It's an excellent way to foster communities at work. Turn on desktop notifications, as you may miss a lot of activity otherwise. Definitely use the mobile application, as it is a terrific companion app. My company pushed Workplace as a way to aggregate our many communications channel, but I don't think they pushed hard enough, so it has become an additional channel. I think the best way to implement this is to ditch your other services (Slack, etc) and go full on with Workplace. Otherwise, it can just sort of feel like just another app to check.

Intra-company comms have improved a lot. As a global business, communications have always been a pain point. To have everyone in the global network on one platform has shortened the distance between countries. I've gotten to know a lot more of my coworkers through the platform.

Workplace by Facebook review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Social networking for remote teams done right"

What do you like best?

For making group and team announcements, it's very well suited for that. I regularly share links and articles with my colleagues and I can be sure these will not be lost. The social algorithm makes sure my posts are seen and not lost in the noise like these teams that use WhatsApp groups. It's also very well suited for video announcements (both live and recorded), for the reasons stated previously.

What do you dislike?

The gray background, it's just too strong to the eye. Perhaps it's configurable, but I don't know as I am not the administrator of the service. It's not easy to link my personal account the Workplace account, yet I've seen some of my colleagues do it, not very intuitive there, needs to be more clear on how to do it. Some of the GIFs load slowly, even if I have a fast connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to keep employee engagement, encourage your colleagues to post interesting articles about productivity, comment on those posts and give likes where it's deserved. Also, have a "random off topic" group, that's great for remote teams to hang out, specially if you never see each other. Encourage also good smart debates/discussions that stimulates deep thinking, this doesn't sink productivity, actually it improves it and develops mental models every employee can benefit from.

Communication for announcements and teams is very effective. The algorithm understand what is important so it doesn't get buried.

Workplace by Facebook review by Eduardo M.
Eduardo M.

"Wonderful way to keep in touch with your co-workers"

What do you like best?

It feels like a facebook, but without the need to share your personal life with everyone, just workrelated stuff, you can share photos of your office or your work-doings, or photos with co-workers, sharing events that you might have, or annoucing events that may happen.

What do you dislike?

its kinda confusing about the different groups it offers, there are like 10 different groups in the workplace I use, and its kinda annoying the way they are displayed. Like facebook, seems like it consumes alot of bandwith, feels kinda slow when opening it in my web-browser, it may be something with my computer, but dont really know about that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommed this software for any organization that wants to make its internal employees to feel like they can have an social life inside their organization without feeling like they dont have one outside of your organization.

actually none business problems are being solving there, the most beneficial thing I've find is the connection with my co-workers and the use that the leader of our organization is giving it to share all his knowledge with us.

Workplace by Facebook review by Kristján Geir M.
Kristján Geir M.

"Just like Facebook yet it is not like Facebook"

What do you like best?

Easy to post rich content, scheduled posting (finally!), great mobile apps (both Workplace and messenger), polls. In many ways it´s like Facebook and its familiar. Ubiquitous! Connection with Windows AD makes the single sign on (well, same user and pass at least) an options.

What do you dislike?

HR tells me that custom fields, like cell phone numbers, cannot be added to one´s profile in Workplace. This alone forces me to go back to the intranet for phone numbers. More gadgets need to be there - like birthday gadget that can be placed by admin on group pages. There is a lack of such features that make Workplace not-so-good replacement for intranets. Sad because it´s so close, yet not close enough. Also the number and usage of groups can get out of control. Too many groups, too much "chatter" in the notification area can lead to missed announcements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a good look into what features are customizable, especially if you are looking to replace the intranet with Workplace. For example, can you add cell phone numbers to the profile?

Better communication, more and better flow of information. By encouraging staff to have the mobile apps on their phones, it has become easier to contact and get reply from colleges out of office hours.

Workplace by Facebook review by Ravi Ranjan S.
Ravi Ranjan S.

"Great Social collaboration in company"

What do you like best?

Ability to interact with your co-workers easily. Login using company single sign on which is a great Security and Authentication. Chatting, Sharing videos, posts and photo are similar to facebook but controlled usage to company with company policy. It has a vision o creating workplace as knowledge base so that employees could interact each other for a problem and solution. This will increase collaboration between employees with no efforts.

What do you dislike?

Org chart has no data available and you will have to add manager here. Who would like to add that I do not know. This is although great in look and feel, but there is only limited functionalities are available in this version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although limited accessibility to a facebook like social media, this will enhance in long term for users experiences.

Corporate social collaboration and knowledge base enhancement using limited social media.

Workplace by Facebook review by Joey T.
Joey T.

"Great social media for professional setting"

What do you like best?

Workplace by Facebook is simply a Facebook page for a more professional setting. Many people post interesting informal articles (eg. sports, jokes) that would not be necessary appropriate to post on a more formal social media like LinkedIn. Workplace by Facebook is easy to use and make the connections between departments better.

What do you dislike?

The default setting for Workplace by Facebook sends email notifications to email; if the notifications are not acknowledged, maybe emails are received. However, the frequency of the email notification could be changed. Workplace by Facebook is an internet web browser based; would be better if it is an app for computer to receive badge notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workplace by Facebook is a great tool for the company to connect different departments. As many people already have experience with their personal facebook account, using Workplace by Facebook should be very easy.

Workplace by Facebook is a great great tool to integrate different departments of the company. Chat available and it could replace other chat apps like slacks. My company use it to make informal announcements, reminders, photo sharing, and polls.

Workplace by Facebook review by Kinga O.
Kinga O.

"A good tool to manage your team. "

What do you like best?

That it is all in the ecosystem of Facebook so you don't need an additional app to start making the most of it.

What do you dislike?

I would say it is still in a beta version, not as intuitive and user-friendly as it could be. There may be many improvements going on and I will be happy to keep an eye on its development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some people think it is like Facebook, but it still differs a bit and requires some time to get any persuaded to use it. Also, there are many good apps in the market so Workplace by Facebook doesn't have to come as your first choice.

I saved some time for people I cooperated with - they didn't have to install and configure anything. They were more willing to use Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at work) than to install any other apps and spent time on configuring them correctly.

Workplace by Facebook review by Preet J.
Preet J.

"Fun at work with Facebook"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about workplace by Facebook is it has the same interface which Facebook has. So it saves the time for people to understand as they already have been using the real Facebook. Another thing i like about workplace is it has a feature called as org chart which helps to understand a person's organizational chart and the user can see the details in that place itself rather than checking in MS Outlook.

What do you dislike?

The things i dislike about workplace is you get added to random groups without your permissions and another thing is you get email notifications about those groups. I am not able to find how to leave/mute or un-tag myself from getting notifications from unwanted groups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company should Adopt it in their company for their employees as in today's world everyone is on Facebook and with similar interface for communication at work would make people more interested in it.

The Major benefits we have achieved by using workplace by Facebook is our team is consisting of around 40 members and it always used to be very difficult communicating to all of them at once whenever required. so Now with workplace at Facebook we have created our own group and we communicate/plan team outings all together and we get everyone's input on time. it is best for larger and smaller groups to keep your team connected.

Workplace by Facebook review by Rob R.
Rob R.

"Workplace by Facebook review"

What do you like best?

This is a great collaboration tool for the many 'groups' and projects being held at work. Often times, people need to be informed, but not actively part of weekly meetings, so having this tool compartmentalizes the communications and may limit some of the meetings needed.

What do you dislike?

Because is is so much like facebook, people tend to forget the correct business etiquette for what to post where. At first, you were being added to a lot of groups and notifications and emails from the system were overwhelming and had to be manually fixed. Both are addressable from a management perspective.

Increased collaboration, documentation and communication. We have a new quoting tool being pushed to our users and we post our training sessions online to share with everyone. This also creates a history to the project that can be referenced by new employees without having to scour through emails, and such.

Workplace by Facebook review by Onella A.
Onella A.

"The tool behind team-working of our Startups"

What do you like best?

Workplace is very similarly to Facebook, that let me learn the whole interface within 10 minutes. It's very organized and can properly departmentalize all the teams within the organization as chat groups. The iOS app makes using workplace easier for me. I haven't experienced any downtime of this services, that confirms that the services are working 24/7. Therefore this will not affect the availability as our communication portal. I really like Org Chart feature of the workplace. That lets to share our contact details with co-workers and organize them under positions. Workplace groups help to circulate special announcement in a very fast and efficient way.

What do you dislike?

Workplace can not run under the domain of the company. If Facebook can give that feature it will be great for the organization's brand. And we can't change the colors of the interface according to our preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workplace is a great tool for startups and the agencies that work 24/7 and the companies that need a great boost for the employee motivation to get together as one community.

Workplace by Facebook solved all the communication barriers that novel the technology. Earlier we use email for this, but Workplace simplified the communication process and save time, money and reduce the complexity.

Workplace by Facebook review by Manhattan R.
Manhattan R.

"A social Intranet truly made for the workplace."

What do you like best?

I like that I can control the message to my colleagues. I can show what is best to post on the public side of Facebook. We are in sales and Facebook is a big part of our marketing. Unfortunately, some do not know what is or is not appropriate on a corporate Facebook page. This aids is educating everyone in one place and a place for new hires to catch up.

What do you dislike?

I would like more options to bring in clients and project colleagues into a protected area of my workplace site. I don't really dislike anything. It's the familiarity and ease of Facebook which makes it easier to train people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think any company seeking to work with a younger group of people will benefit because it is so familiar for the generation and for us oldies, it's super simple to learn and use.

Brand control and education was the reason I chose to test Facebook Workplace. Being a virtual company, a place that all contractor can meet is a plus. They have the option to check in on the road and at their leisure.

Brand control has been a huge problem. In Real Estate the wrong terminology can result in fines. By having a place to post copy that can be cut and pasted until the agent is more secure in writing their own ads gives me, the owner piece of mind.

Workplace by Facebook review by User

"Adequate"

What do you like best?

I like that this platform has a small learning curve. If you're familiar with Facebook and have used Facebook then this platform should also be very easy to use. The interface is almost identical to a personal Facebook profile and functions the same. You can pretty much use this platform with confidence the same day as you sign up. Most platforms take a bit of time to get used to but this is very easy as long as you're familiar with Facebook.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike about this platform. However, besides the ease of use, there isn't much that stands out. Other platforms have similar functions. Workplace by Facebook wins in terms of its clean interface and the fact that most users will have already used Facebook (probably for years) before they sign up for this. Their past use will make the transition easy. Still, there isn't a single feature that has blown me away. Nothing bad, but nothing extraordinary either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a platform that is familiar then this would be a good fit. It is easy to use since it functions like Facebook so if you've used Facebook at all then this will be easy for you.

Workplace by Facebook allows users to communicate in a simple layout. Things like the organizational chart also let you see a clear chain of responsibility that can sometimes get a bit blurred in larger digitally based companies. There is also a section for reviewed work and disputes within the working interface that streamlines follow-ups.

Workplace by Facebook review by Caspar A.
Caspar A.

"A new way to use a familiar interface"

What do you like best?

Everyone knows Facebook - no matter how proficient someone is with technology, they're guaranteed to either already know Facebook, or be able to pick it up within ten minutes.

What do you dislike?

It's not nearly as fully featured as the main Facebook platform. Everything needs done within specific groups rather than posting updates to your wall and viewing a newsfeed. Which will help keep things organised, but it's the one thing that makes it more awkward than the main Facebook platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team knows Facebook - and you can pretty much guarantee they do - they'll get to grips with Workplace by Facebook immediately. It's as simple to use and pick up.

Our team of 15 remote contributors have all recently started using Workplace and are finding it much easier to communicate. Everyone used Slack in the past, and while it was easy for the more technically proficient, it was a little tricky for others to learn and get to grips with - the difference between private messages and channels, and finding files uploaded more than a couple of days ago. On Workplace, this is a breeze.

Workplace by Facebook review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"A dedicated and secure space our employees connect, communicate, and collaborate."

What do you like best?

The flexibility with this tool is beyond remarkable. There are different integrations you can opt-in to make this space form your business needs. However, workplace has actually make more than just an impact in our employee group. I first started with this tool a year ago with Delta airlines. As you know, we have employees from all over the globe. Social media in the workplace is more than you would think it is. This tool connects our 80,000+ employees from all over, allows them to communicate and collaborate.

A few months after we launched it to a small group of employees (a test pilot) there were hurricanes that were impacting the homes of some employees. This tool allowed us to reach out to them to make sure they were okay, and if they selected "no" then we knew to take action.

Like I said, it's much more than just a social media tool in the workplace.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. Workplace allows us to form the space to fit our business needs. Example, we don't want to see all posts from all 80,000 employees, so we are able to create groups for the different work areas, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workplace doesn't just get your employees talking. It's a rich space for everyone to work together share ideas, swap expertise and network. Cut down on email with unlimited file sharing. Hold team and one on one meetings with group calls and screen-sharing or just catch up with a colleague through the Chat feature. There's even an app for easier access! You can control all notification in the app so you are only disturbed when you want to be.

Just a prime example is real-time transparency. Email is a great tool in some cases, but social is so much better. If you send out a memo or policy change to employees, you can get immediate feedback from them via workplace. Email is a one-way communication tool, and Social is two-way. Enough said. This allows for a virtual open-door policy.

Workplace by Facebook review by Giovanni D.
Giovanni D.

"Social experience at work!"

What do you like best?

The ability to create groups, pages, and find ways to engage employees. It includes many of the features that you will see in Facebook and that makes the experience easy.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I dislike the fact that looks almost identical to facebook. I would like to be able to change styling, placement of options, and features. Just to make it look a bit different. Employees could have the misconception that is not a "professional" solution because of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a very good plan to implement it. If you don't, this could go anywhere and be a problem rather than a solution.

Employee engagement. We have done many activities that leverage this platform to involve employees and also connect with them. Our group is fully remote so having this platform made it easier to share, engage, and connect with them.

Workplace by Facebook review by Dr. Novia Wan-Yi L.
Dr. Novia Wan-Yi L.

"New to Workplace but Liking it so Far"

What do you like best?

1) Can invite members from the same organization with different departments into the same workplace, without having to create different group or page for each department.

2) Easy to use like facebook, able to keep categroies very clear so know where to find relevant information.

3) Easy to upload files and search relevant file & information.

4) Members can communicate with each other easily as when using facebook.

5) Support multiple languages, which is great for connecting people with different culture background.

What do you dislike?

1) Require people to set up a new account (and install a new app if using mobile phones) so took very long for some people to join, which doesn't help with work efficiency.

2) Not overly different from facebook so some people may lack the interest to switch to Workplace from facebook.

3) Some elderly may find it difficult to use (in terms of navigation, finding information or uploading/downloading files)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to organize information from different departments, and enhance communication between members like in facebook.

1) You don't have to create different FB groups for different departments, which is great!

2) Able to communicate with people from different departments in the same organization, also able to invite them to view files when necessary (even if they don't belong to that specific department and you don't have to add them to that specific group)

Workplace by Facebook review by Taylor R.
Taylor R.

"Marketing"

What do you like best?

The ability to make separate groups for our different departments is really helpful. By doing that, and then tagging our different team members helps pinpoint projects and tasks to the right people, rather than everyone wasting their time looking at EVERYTHING.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to find old information. I thought that using the search bar, it would be easier to look up posts from months prior but it doesn't read the information like I'd like it to.

Communication in one place. Emailing each other is good in much smaller amounts of people with larger documents, but Workplace has been great for doing things in real time - including the chat feature. Although it's a small office, sometimes it's hard to discuss information audibly if clients are around so by using the chat feature we can keep information more private.

Workplace by Facebook review by Ellis R.
Ellis R.

"Workplace is Facebook for Work"

What do you like best?

I like that Workplace is basically Facebook, for professionals. Since I already use Facebook that made it much easier for me to use, and I like being able to keep people I work with out of my personal account but still be connected to them.

What do you dislike?

Not much, works great, just like Facebook. If you don't like Facebook, you wont like Workplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workplace is great for connecting to your coworkers without having to add them to your personal social networks. I love that I can keep my work seperate from my private life and not have to worry about who's looking at my page.

ALso very good for messaging and file sharing. If you use Facebook it's great and easy to use because its basically the same thing.

Being able to keep my coworkers out of my personal Facebook account has been awesome. Its good for messaging and sharing links too.

Workplace by Facebook review by Ibukun O.
Ibukun O.

"Workplace has bridged social gaps at my workplace."

What do you like best?

Workplace is just another Facebook ,but this time meant for businesses and their employees. Because it is a Facebook clone(no insults meant), everyone is already used to the interface and majority of the functionalities.

Workplace enable me interact with my colleagues across the world ,just from behind my desk and also via its mobile app.. It has helped me in communicating better with everyone at work ,especially with staffs who work in a different department from mine ,with whom I would usually not have any physical contact .I am a fan of how Workplace is helping to bridge that gap.

What do you dislike?

I have to install two Workplace apps. on my smartphone .One to enable me chat, that is Workplace chat ; which turns out to be just another Facebook messenger like clone and the Workplace app. itself for accessing the entire Workplace platform.

My organization is spread across five plus countries, thus Workplace serves as the only means for Mtn staffs in different countries to have real time communication ,thereby making it easy for different teams in different countries to get to work together easily ; despite differences in location and timezone.

We also leverage on our in-house bot "MTNGO" which we have integrated with Workplace ,for teams in my organization to easily access vital information and documents on the fly.

Workplace by Facebook review by Olabanke O.
Olabanke O.

"Workplace integration with third party apps. open new doors of possibilities."

What do you like best?

Integration - Workplace integrates with my most important apps. at work. I especially love its integration with Onedrive which enable authenticated previews of shared files providing only colleagues with access to a file or folder a preview of the content on Workplace.I am also able to link one or multiple Onedrive folder to groups on Workplace ; thereby easing the process of group collaboration.

We have recently integrated Surveymonkey with Workplace. This assists teams in my organization to get feedback from the organizations workforce on project ideas and iterations. Integrating Surveymonkey with Workplace enable teams socialize survey results, thereby enabling the workforce in my organization to collaborate from where they are already active ,such as through groups on person to person conversations on Workplace.

What do you dislike?

Easy to confuse using Workplace to maximize collaboration and work related activity with Facebook for gossiping and idling away. I have discovered older staffs in my organizations majorly view very active Workplace colleagues as idle hands , seeking Workplace as a medium to share gossip around the work environment, or waste time that could be expended towards more productive activity.lol

Workplace provides teams ,departments and individuals in my organization with a platform to communicate and collaborate freely. It has improved team rapport across my organization and broken the ice between top management staffs and entry level staffs ,ensuring everyone is communicating and sharing ideas.

Via its third party app. integrations, we have been able to discover newer ways of maximizing apps. we normally use at work such as Survey monkey ,One drive, Netscope and Jira cloud.

Workplace by Facebook review by Santhanakrishnan s.
Santhanakrishnan s.

"Relaxing tool at your Office"

What do you like best?

Facebook gives us relaxation out of work, whereas the only tool to be relaxed at work is WORKPLACE.

It helps us to share the team memories and birthday celebrations of our colleagues and festival celebration with our co-workers. It gives us a connectivity with our co-workers from other team and helps us to get connected to them in easy way.

What do you dislike?

If is little bit distracting at work. Also, the online status needs to be improved. Mobile application needs to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the product and it is cost effective. Boost at work

Communications with our co-workers through work chat in our mobile is a plus which can be done when we are off at work. Promoting and motivational about our product can be shared socially.

Workplace by Facebook review by Doreen S.
Doreen S.

"Workplace is rooted in connections."

What do you like best?

My organization has got teams in five different countries. Courtesy Workplace I am able to interact with group leaders and fellow software engineers working for my organization ,in these countries and learn from them about what they are doing right ,this probably wont be possible without Workplace.

It allows me communicate with almost everybody in my organization in real time . I have sometimes gotten a thumbs up and post like from the founder of my organization ,whom I have never met physically but thanks to Workplace , he knows whom I am and better appreciates my effort towards making the organization better.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Workplace ,except that I probably dislike the Facebook feeling I get whenever I use Workplace. I sometime almost forget this is Workplace and not Facebook.

Workplace provides teams and departments in my organization with a place to collaborate and stay connected in real time.While getting more productive in our daily activity courtesy integration with some of the most important tools we use at work such as Bluejeans , Jira, Dropbox and Quip.

Workplace by Facebook review by Moyinoluwa A.
Moyinoluwa A.

"Workplace is familiar terrain for most."

What do you like best?

FAMILIAR AESTHETIC : I have used Facebook.com since 2009 ,therefore I am used to everything Facebook from its user interface to functionality. Workplace user interface is what I will call a Facebook clone ,same with its functionality. This similarity counted when I was first introduced to Workplace early last year . Over the past months , every new staff we have hired at the Hr department have had a similar learning curve as mine,because they also have been on Facebook.com for years.

SOCIAL EFFECT : I like the social effect workplace brings to the workforce in my company. Since staffs usually belong to different departments , it becomes difficult for most staffs to have any sort of relationship or need to communicate with staffs in other departments. Workplace has changed this narrative ,as staffs from different department now communicate easily on Workplace , thereby creating good social interaction amongst the workforce.

Mobility : Workplace has a smartphone app. and this has come very handy on a lot of occasions. I do not need to be behind my pc to send messages , make audio calls ,or have video conferences ; I can do all these ,no matter where I am.I am always moving around the office environment, and Workplace mobile app. has allowed me do this without worry.

What do you dislike?

older staffs in the office (in their late 40's and 50's) rarely want to use Workplace to communicate. I guess it just does not appeal to them.

This is used in my organization as the default informal communication tool. It has reduced the need to write an email every other hour. It has also served as an effective way for the Hr department to make announcements to the whole team. In time past ,we do emails for impromptu not too important announcements, now we simply post on Workplace and in less than an hour ; everyone has either seen it or has been told about it.

Workplace by Facebook review by Miriam J.
Miriam J.

"Dynamic communication for organizations."

What do you like best?

Workplace provides users like myself with a familiar aesthetic and interface ,like what is obtainable on Facebook.com .This provides great intuition and a short learning curve(if there is any at all) ,since a lot of people and in fact everybody at my current team have used Facebook.com at least since 2010.

It provides us with an effective and dynamic range of communication options at work.From chatting to audio calls ,video calls ,file sharing etc greatly reducing the tendency to send a formal email for everytime we communicate with one another at work.Overall ,Workplace promotes a much relaxed communication amongst my work team as against with emails,where we all have to be formal.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I now have to manage what I see as two Facebook accounts.Workplace and Facebook.com are basically same theoretically and I think there should be a way to join these two products.

We communicate in a much effective and dynamic manner with Workplace.For example at my previous company ,whenever we were having team meetings and a few members of the team weren't available ,we had to summarize details of the meeting ; outlining the major discussion points and then email to the missing team members.

That way they had an idea of what took place but as it always was the case,they still had to come ask series of questions about different things on the summarized notes. However ,at my current company we integrate Bluejeans with Workplace ,allowing us to simply host our meetings on Bluejeans and then stream it live on Workplace ,making it possible for team members not available ; to follow the meetings from wherever they are.Eliminating the need for long,tedious summary which had very little effect in time past.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"A Fantastic Team Collaboration, Work Chat, and Multi-Office Social Tool"

What do you like best?

We loved using Workplace by Facebook as a team collaboration tool as well as a person to person chat tool. We also loved using it as a place to keep the office social.

What do you dislike?

The major flaw with Workplace by Facebook is that each time you send a file through chat, and the user opens it, the receiver ends up getting bumped into the Facebook.com domain. It's very confusing and requires a lot of backspaces to get back into the Workplace domain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would storngly recommend using Workplace by Facebook if you're looking to have a communication tool, a collaboration tool, as well as an office social tool.

We solved business communication issues by utilizing Workplace by Facebook. In addition , Workplace was a great opportunity to allow our multiple offices to get social online and celebrate achievements, talk about office events, and overall get to know each other.

Workplace by Facebook review by Ellza M.
Ellza M.

"Awesome solution for interal communication, sharing ideas and connecting inter-offices."

What do you like best?

Ease of use is amazing. This was the key decision for our organization to help increase user adoption. Both the web browser and app are very familiar. The set up is also really easy.

What do you dislike?

Support responses are quick, but the get an invoice request complete takes longer than I expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at several options for sharing ideas and best practices. We were looking for something easy to use to enable our team to share and collaborate more. The solution is great as it's simple to set up from an IT perspective and the familiar UI makes adoption much smoother.

We wanted a solution that would enable our teams to share ideas, creative work and best practices in an easy forum.

Workplace by Facebook review by Kingston D.
Kingston D.

"The right way to handle internal communications in your organisation"

What do you like best?

Resemblance to facebook and ease of use. There is literally no learning curve which makes it a no-nonsense choice for anyone.

What do you dislike?

It could easily become a distracting experience for employees. The groups and chats could lead to spending more time enjoying than huddling for solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! There is no way someone would not recommend Workplace. Unless your company follows a work culture that is strict and requires employees to have no fun while huddling and finishing the assigned task, you should do well with Workplace.

Organisation-wide announcements are no longer an issue. People management is easier too. Collaboration becomes simpler. Commenting system is simple is robust. The reactions are standard fare and gives an idea of what people think without them having to comment.

Workplace by Facebook review by Kansola O.
Kansola O.

"Dynamic communication tool for the workplace. "

What do you like best?

I picked up this program with ease, as the workings and features are almost a carbon copy of what is available on Facebook social network : a platform I have now used for a decade.

This platform makes it easy for me to communicate with everyone at work, the way I would communicate with my friends on Facebook social network.

For me, it has replaced sending emails for minor tasks at work. I simply send my colleagues a Facebook message and get a response few seconds later.

What do you dislike?

It is a carbon copy of Facebook social network and this makes me get the feeling that I have bow got two Facebook profiles. Lol

Workplace makes communication at work much more interesting and dynamic. I can post on different groups, get the trendiest office gossip, pass mass instructions etc

It has made it easy communicating regularly with colleagues in other departments at my workplace, whom I wouldn't had likely had any reason to communicate with, but for their presence on Workplace.

Workplace by Facebook review by Amarachi O.
Amarachi O.

"Perfect for office gossips,really."

What do you like best?

Workplace has an intuitive user interface, which is familiar to users because it's a close copy of the interface and functions for Facebook.com

It makes it easy for me to join different work groups and listen to conversations about important office discussions and of course ,office gossips.

It allows me do everything I believe would normally do on Facebook social media network,only that this time ; it is restricted to only my colleagues at work.

What do you dislike?

Would be brilliant if I could easily switch from Facebook social network to workplace.

I also dislike the fact there are too many similarities between Facebook and Workplace.

Workplace is the perfect software for internal conversations as it is easy to send messages to colleagues in other branches and even within the office and get an almost immediate response.

It also makes it easy for management to pass across special announcements in the office to everyone ,including those working remotely.

Workplace by Facebook review by Ezhil P.
Ezhil P.

"Best social networking tool for business"

What do you like best?

The main reason why we loved workplace is because of the nature that it looks like Facebook and it is easy and convenient to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much as of now, all the features are good and it works as fast facebook

Recommendations to others considering the product

If any of you require a tool that can act as a connect between the employees and the managers and all others in the company then it is the best tool to consider. It serves the purpose and ensures it is as smooth as a Facebook...

We use this tool to share our daily activities within the organisation between other co workers and the management . Most of the time we chat between others in the group we created and post photos...

Workplace by Facebook review by User

"Great platform for team collaboration and content sharing"

What do you like best?

Because most people are familiar with Facebook for their personal lives, it's requires little to no training to get widespread adoption of Workplace by Facebook across teams and even the whole company. It works seamlessly across both mobile and desktop. And for us, it's also great that it integrates with our BlueJeans meetings platform so we can stream video meetings and share with people who cannot attend.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike Workplace, given it's such a huge improvement over alternatives I've had at prior companies - portals that always seem out of date, or worse yet, email newsletters that clutter the inbox and no one reads.

It's a simple way to share content and collaborate with different teams and interest groups as well as at the company level. Workplace's ease of use has enabled us to accelerate sharing of content, whether it be company news, or relevant content for teams and interest groups.

A nice side benefit is fewer emails and content is shared in a more visual format.

Workplace by Facebook review by Adenike O.
Adenike O.

"I get faster response from colleagues over Facebook."

What do you like best?

ZERO LEARNING CURVE ; Facebook workplace is easy to use ,since it has an extremely similar use case ,aestethic and user interface with Facebook.com social network. Thus for most people who have ever used Facebook social network at anytime in the past (over a billion people have ) ,it becomes very easy to adapt to Facebook for workplace.

Facebook for workplace has also improved the team bond at my workplace , as I now get to interact with my colleagues who are in other departments or teams like the finance department ,whose members I rarely get to meet in person or have any communication with them before I began using this program.

Lastly this isn't an expensive program to deploy at work ,even for premium users and thus most companies ,even the very small ones can use Facebook at their workplace.

What do you dislike?

I wish new team members can signup all by themself as against being signed up by the office administrators.Maybe I see this as a con ,because I develop a cold feet every time I have had to contact my office admin staffs. :) But on a serious note , if I were ceo of a company ,I will not use Facebook for business ,as it does not offer anything new ,which isn't already present on the social network version.

Admittedly , Facebook for business enable me communicate better with my fellow colleagues at Iroko tv. It is easier for me to send a message to a team member via Facebook ,as against having to put a call across to them or walk up to their desk ; and for whatever reason ,I get a response faster from them when I contact them over Facebook.

It has also recently been used by the Chief Operating Officer at Iroko tv to pass general announcements to the staff population. An announcement post by the COO gets seen by everyone ,via multiple sharing in just a matter of minutes.

Workplace by Facebook review by Rebecca O.
Rebecca O.

"A Facebook carbon copy."

What do you like best?

Facebook at work basically provides me with the regular tools and features I use on the Facebook social network ; however this time, I use this Facebook features and tools to communicate with my colleagues at my workplace.

FAMILIAR INTERFACE - The interface is almost a carbon copy of the Facebook social network. This ensured that on my first day at work ,I already understood the workings of the program.

SHORT LEARNING CURVE - The fact it has got a familiar user interface like that of Facebook social ,made it very easy for me to learn the workings of this program,

INTEGRATION - Facebook for workplace integrates well with third party tools we use to work like Gsuite , Windows Azure AD , Okta etc

What do you dislike?

I feel this is a carbon copy of the Facebook social network and thus think that companies basically can make use of the Facebook social network service(which is free) , as a replacement for Facebook workplace premium which isnt free.

Facebook workplace makes it easy for me to communicate with my co workers at the office with ease. It has removed the need to forward a formal email for every minor request I have to make to a co-worker.

Workplace by Facebook review by Sheri B.
Sheri B.

"Two Facebooks Is Too Much"

What do you like best?

The concept is amazing. Facebook is a huge asset for keeping in touch with those friends and family. Facebook is an amazing tool for sharing and connecting with people you might not otherwise connect with. What has grown inside of Facebook is nothing short of miraculous, frankly. Groups, Events, a way for users to express themselves, the Marketplace, Messenger - and everything else that Facebook does in between is awesome! So that said, the concept of Workplace by Facebook sounds like a no-brainer. Until you start to use it. What I like best is the concept - but that's really about all that I like.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to switch windows between Workplace and Facebook. I dislike that the people I work with don't or sometimes can't login when they're at their day job because their firewall doesn't permit it. I dislike that everything is separate and you have to start from zero on Workplace. Uploading all of the things that I had already uploaded to the business page on Facebook wasn't able to migrate over. I don't like that the people I have connected with on Facebook, couldn't be connected on Workplace unless they had an account.

I'm not solving any of my work-related problems with Workplace. I don't use it anymore because I didn't have time to start building yet another profile or account with the information and documentation that I had on FB (and other socials) for the past 9 years.

Workplace by Facebook review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"An amazing way to stay organized without anxiety! "

What do you like best?

I love that the emails go away until I'm ready to see them again! Set the "remind me" and no need to have them marked as unread or in a to do folder. I love the fact that I can schedule emails to send at a later time, set up read receipts and track percentage opened.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky to get to work on some platforms, not compatible with mobile use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's relatively inexpensive, especially for a non-profit. If you're looking for a way to save time and energy, go for it!

Time savings! I am able to "set it and forget it" and it will remind me about things based on when I want to be reminded, with no task list looming over me.

Workplace by Facebook review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"A great way to bring employees together for discussion"

What do you like best?

We use our Workplace setup as a hub for both work, and non-work, related discussion. We have groups that are specific to teams/departments/projects and tend to stay very work and industry focused, and then we also have some more laid-back groups where employees with common interests and hobbies can meet others with those interests and discuss. It's been great for team-building in that regards, as there aren't any other business systems in our company where we can go "off topic" and talk about hobbies and interests - I've met other co-workers with the same interests as me who I never previously knew at all! It's also been a great tool for those on the road, especially travelling to conferences, tradeshows and events, to share back some candid photos of everything our company is doing there and help those of us who don't travel like that to feel more immersed in everything going on with the company.

What do you dislike?

It still looks and feels a lot like traditional Facebook - I sometimes worry having it on my screen that someone who doesn't use it as much would look over and think I'm "browsing Facebook" while at work. Perhaps giving companies stronger branding control where we could really get the tool into our own design and colours from end-to-end would help give it more visual separation from "personal" social media tools.

As a user of the product and not an admin, I'm enjoying it simply for it's ability to help me feel closer to everything and everyone going on around the world in our global business. It puts names to faces, helps us meet others with common interests, and gives us an inside look into things going on throughout all our different locations!

Workplace by Facebook review by Tanya S.
Tanya S.

"Great for large organizations, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Workplace is very easy to use, because it's so similar to Facebook. You can join groups based on departments, interests, and control how much notifications you're getting when people post. I get a daily digest of posts I'm interested in so I only log in if I want to comment or check something out.

What do you dislike?

It's an app and a browser-based interface, so it's not useful for in-the-moment conversations. For that we are still using skype group chats or slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for large teams that are spread out. Ours has been an exceptionally successful tool because we have great admins who did training and promoted use.

Internal communications between teams that are based around the world, building community between teams and staff, providing a place where official announcements are open to comments and feedback.

Workplace by Facebook review by Derek R.
Derek R.

"(Almost) Everything You Need For Organizational Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Very familiar interface with integrated communications

What do you dislike?

While the integrations to file sharing services like Dropbox and Google Drive are helpful, the perennial challenge of whether to upload a file to comment or to point to a file to collaborate on persists. Also, the dashboard is a little clunky still when it comes to user management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a nonprofit, you are able to get Workplace as an in-kind donation from Facebook. I don't think it can be beat for its utility and features for organizations of all sizes.

Engagement! With the familiar interface people have been much more ready to adopt it for collaborating and communicating. Polling has been very useful as we've navigated new strategic objectives.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"All Hail Facebok! Best at what it does"

What do you like best?

Familiar Facebook interface. Easy for new members to join. Text, audio, and video chat are supported. Inexpensive. The ability to like share comment and engage the employees between others in friendly way. One the best I like about workplace is the application on our mobile. It helps that comments are threaded and it is possible to reply to a specific comment instead of the entire post.

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to find anything major which I dislike. However, if Ihad to say something, I'd say that Workplace doesn't encourage brief interactions. It also has Weak support for third-party integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend this. Having your own private social network for your business is quite beneficial for its employees and that is why I would recommend this

Team management on a project basis and internal communications are the two main objectives looking to be solved. Facebook does a marvelous job at both and for a fair price point. I can easily post problems, suggestions and ideas relating to my workplace and take action accordingly

Workplace by Facebook review by Rhonda  M.
Rhonda M.

"Useful communication tool a Company"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and understand that everything has a progression period.

Workplace by Facebook review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Workplace by Facebook Review"

What do you like best?

It offers a way for employees to socialize with other professionals on a social media site while still maintaining a professional environment. Workplace by Facebook bridges the gap of professional networking and professional socializing - making it easier for people to socialize in a professional setting to get to know each other better, instead of just chatting or making connections. This is especially necessary for workplaces.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit clunky to use compared to the normal Facebook application. I think that the layout of it could be cleaner or more minimalistic to make it easier for people to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend setting up groups for employees to join, such as groups for team sports/outings, etc. This would help people bond better and make for a easier way for people to meet new people without having to be invited somewhere.

The main problem that Workplace by Facebook solves is helping employees socialize without disrupting the work environment. It also allows for people to join groups to meet people of similar backgrounds or interests without needing to be invited first. It makes bonding experiences much easier compared to Slack, as Slack is mostly just for chatting, or LinkedIn, because LinkedIn is usually just to find others in your professional network.

Workplace by Facebook review by Shiv S.
Shiv S.

"Simple to use collaboration platform for small teams"

What do you like best?

the interface being very similar to Facebook, the onboarding of members is very easy

the ease of sharing links, videos etc is also very helpful

What do you dislike?

inability to delete groups

the archive function only removes visibility, but still lets the content be accessed

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking at a simple to set up platform for group member interactions, this is a good solution

while the features are limited, the interface being just like facebook makes it easy to onboard new users

small team collaboration and information sharing

use it to share resources of interest, some documents to read etc

Workplace by Facebook review by ka r.
ka r.

"Review of Facebook for work"

What do you like best?

The concept is clear and easy to use: just like the good old Facebook you know & love (or hate, or love to hate), but for work. In this sense, it's really easy to use, the format and interface are familiar and intuitive, and it encourages exposure to content and engagement with a wide variety of departments and individuals across our organization / campus.

What do you dislike?

The flip side of my positive answer is also how I would answer this question about what I dislike most: in every sense and respect that it appears to be the good ol' familiar Facebook, it feels like wasting time or NOT being productive when you use it at work, even through that's what it's designed for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations

It's nice to have a low- pressure place to share information, events, etc. across our institution. Many fellow users have commented that it's great to have a centralized source of information about events and so on. Easy to browse. (At the same time, I don't know if I am seeing everything... like regular Facebook). So that's the main problem solved or benefit realized -- sharing information from many divisions across campus in a centralized source.

Workplace by Facebook review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Easy to use and share ideas."

What do you like best?

We like having an ongoing feed of our conversations to look back on. Everyone can comment and like others posts. We also like that we can share files and pictures of our programs or other work related things.

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of anything. I like that it is easy to navigate since I am already familiar with the way Facebook works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend giving it a try! It is easy to set up and use.

It's easier to use and share information, than by using group emails. Less clutter in our emails. Easy to add others into our group. Can private chat on the side with people.

Workplace by Facebook review by Joyce O.
Joyce O.

"Interactive"

What do you like best?

I can keep my work secure, I can go live at anytime, I can share information with other companies, it has a messenger, let's me organize files, shows me charts of interaction, let's me search in wide variety, and most importantly, I can view it all from my phone!

What do you dislike?

I like it all! I do not have anything negative to say about it. It is quite user friendly, and I cannot give a negative response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I completely recommend this software! It is just great! We are about making sure everyone is on the right page, and making sure everyone knows what it going on is important! All information put in this software is seen by all employees statewide. There is no way we can be confused about what is being put on there. It is wonderful! USE IT! You will love it!

We are trying to reach all employees statewide. We are making sure there is a software that can be used at any time, any place, any where.

Workplace by Facebook review by Tabitha C.
Tabitha C.

"workplace by facebook review"

What do you like best?

I like the familiarity of using it the best. I'm used to using Facebook so I know how to use Workplace. I like that its a separate account to some degree, although I do wish that you can connect your account to your main facebook and get notifications there alongside your other notifications.

What do you dislike?

It is incredibly hard to categorize and find any type of discussions. Popular discussions get moved to the top and unpopular discussions get lost. This will result in duplication and potential real problems not being addressed due to the lack of popularity. I wish that you can get notifications of workplace on your fb account. I'm not too fond that this is a facebook clone, look-and-feel wise. I feel like they could use the same back-end but present it differently. Business use is completely different than social use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there should be a better way of categorizing threads, more like a forum and less like digg. I think that the sub groups should have more control over the content and how its managed. I think there should be a way to cross-post content to another subgroup.

Trying to find a real life solution to communication needs that programs like slack doesn't have or other solutions, while keeping the budget to free, as we are a non-profit organization and need to be careful without our costs. We like the costs the most and the ease of use. But with cost, we sacrifice the categorizing and archiving that we need to have to keep information relevant.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Keeps a global organization connected"

What do you like best?

Workplace by Facebook allows me to keep in touch with my colleagues who are located all over the world. I also find it a useful place to find interesting articles and updates posted by my colleagues. It's a nice way to make me feel connected to my organization as a whole, and not just with the people who are in the same city as me. I actually like it better than regular Facebook as I find it contains much more relevant information, while my personal account is filled with cat videos.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. It's fun and easy to use.

I work at an organization that has at least 20+ branches. It is easy to feel disconnected, considering our size, and Workplace by Facebook helps alleviate any sense of isolation.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"One of the good internal social networking sites"

What do you like best?

It has a familiar Facebook interface which means it does not require great pre-hand knowledge. Easy for new members to join. I know this because I was recently added by my manager on it. All kinds of media is supported which is another thing I like. And you can follow people just like you are friends with them on the real Facebook and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

Lags sometimes and is not useful for brief interactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try since it will be the easiest thing for the employees to use. Easier than any other social networking sites anyway. Since almost everyone out there uses facebook anyway so there is no special training required. Moreover, it's that one place where you could post about the happenings throughout the company.

We use this as our in-house social networking site. Gives that informal feel in a formal setting.

Workplace by Facebook review by Elie W.
Elie W.

"Great work culture"

What do you like best?

It's a great way for our company, cross country, to communicate and share articles relevant to our business. We have really enjoyed the ability for our users to comment on posts and share thoughts.

What do you dislike?

It's becoming a distraction.

There is a lot of social posts more than business. some users end up treating like their personal facebook. I also wish the timeline was much better.

It's isn't chronological, most just what is more relevant to you. I think we can improve this feature better.

Provide great culture for the company.

A quick way to collaborate on share some thoughts on projects/business topics.

An

Workplace by Facebook review by Adebukola A.
Adebukola A.

"Workplace has changed how we communicate."

What do you like best?

Auto translate - My organization has offices around the globe ,with some staffs speaking other languages apart from English. Workplace auto-translate enable me to break the language barrier by translating content on my news feed in other languages than english to english language ;which is the language I speak fluently.

What do you dislike?

With everything good,there is always a bad side. Workplace provides a platform for staffs to be easily tempted to engage in idle gossips and side talks ; as against focusing on their work for the day.

Workplace enable teams,individuals and departments across my organization to collaborate ,communicate and connect across all devices ,while using familiar Facebook features like chat ,video chat ,audio chat etc Making us work more effectively while building good social bond among staffs,who usually will have very little reason or avenue to communicate.

Workplace by Facebook review by Jandi D.
Jandi D.

"Easy collaboration"

What do you like best?

Workplace by Facebook is simple to learn and allows for users to quickly share information with the entire group without the disruption that comes from chatting or emailing. Users may check in as time allows.

What do you dislike?

Workplace messenger opens in a whole new window instead of at the bottom of the page as it does on Facebook. This may just be a setting that I have yet to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to update the entire company or individual teams in a casual environment that few users will need additional training to use or implement.

Communicating quickly with other employees without the immediate disruption that chat/email cause.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Workplace by Facebook Gets Everyone on the Same Page"

What do you like best?

I like that Workplace by Facebook can connect such a huge corporation such as Viacom. It's helpful when looking for groups or event announcements and the interface is easier than my company's main site.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it looks so much like Facebook, it still feels unprofessional to add people or message people on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Workplace by Facebook for announcements. Unless you encourage co-workers to join the platform, it's a little awkward to use it to keep in touch or maintain daily contact.

We're solving mass communication issues with Workplace by Facebook – getting a message about an event, charity or group out to many people in one place where the message is less likely to get buried. We've realized that Workplace by Facebook is excellent for livestreaming and that all of the different internal groups can share information more easily.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great medium to share ideas, events, updates, and more!"

What do you like best?

Workplace by Facebook's user interface mimics that of Facebook, making it a very user-friendly platform. Since the majority of our employees already had a Facebook account, the Workplace platform was easy to adopt and employees did not require any "hand-holding" throughout the on-boarding process.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps I haven't explored the functionality enough, but everything one does on Workplace becomes public to others. It would be nice if there were some sort of anonymous forum feature

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool and easy to use. I highly recommend Workplace as an alternative communications medium to email.

Workplace by Facebook allows us to centralize our communications without bogging down people's inboxes with emails. People post industry trends, relevant industry events, internal events, questions, company updates, and more. We have also utilized the Live feature which allows people to present in real-time for meetings, conferences, and other worthy events.

Workplace by Facebook review by Administrator

"Very usable, great for communications, once you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

The familiar UI and mechanics of Facebook are effortless to pick up for people who have used Facebook. Even for those unfamiliar, Facebook's UI has evolved over the 15 years of it's existence and all those lessons were applied to Workplace.

Searching works amazingly well. Hashtagging is a very useful tool for sorting the many posts that will float about once adoption rates go up.

You can share more file types in Workplace than on Facebook, so PDFs, documents and slideshow can all be shared an previewed right in the newsfeed.

The new multi-language feature has been released and (now that it's stable) has been very helpful to our multi-lingual environment.

What do you dislike?

Any problems I have with it really come down to user habits. Learning to use professional etiquette in a platform that feels so social has a bit of a learning curve, and some users may not take it seriously at first.

As well, if you have very high user count (we currently have over 20k weekly users) the newsfeed gets very crowded and you need to tend to it more to reduce noise. That's very possible however, by unsubscribing or leaving groups, and muting users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the infrastructure that Facebook has developed over the last 14 years, it's hard to argue that anyone else knows more about a platform like this. They have tuned it to professional, practical purposes but also maintained some of the fun things that people like about Facebook (emojis, GIF replies, following individual users). Once users try it out they really get into it.

We can have an international, private content sharing and communication network that is easily accessible by users around the world (fast) with a livestreaming video platform and chat built in. It's hard to compare it to anything.

Workplace by Facebook review by Jim K.
Jim K.

"Workplace By Facebook is a more efficient alternative to texting & email"

What do you like best?

Workplace keeps my inbox and texts free of simple questions and business chatter with my coworkers. All messages are in one place, organized, searchable and easily reviewable.

What do you dislike?

A bit of a learning curve. Unfortunately can only add people who have email addresses within your corporate domain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. If you and your team works well in the parameters of Workplace, this could be very useful for you.

Between text messages, emails, Facebook Messenger there was just too much communication flowing in a very inefficient and difficult to review fashion. Workplace eliminates a great deal of that (85%?) and keeps all that communication within the service, organized, categorized and searchable.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Higher Education

"Adequate, not as intuitive as I'd like"

What do you like best?

While Workplace by Facebook has the same functionality as Facebook itself, while having the added benefit as being separated from your person FB page, it does take some getting used to. The Admin seems to be "all powerful" and most of the changes need to come from him or her. I have no idea if this is a feature that can change. Sometimes polls get a little garbled/rearranged, as well. However, it's great to have as an app to keep up, especially on the road.

What do you dislike?

Not as easy to set up as you think, and it's not as encouraging to be a participant than to be a passive user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haven't explored ALL it can do, but it has been a pretty good organizational tool for us, and can probably even be better utilized if only we could find the time to really dig into it.

Coordinating everything in one place, mostly events.

Workplace by Facebook review by Abhishek R.
Abhishek R.

"Like the Facebook version for corporate "

What do you like best?

New Interaction platform with your own colleagues over an improved social platform. Look and feel is like facebook but more inclined towards company terms of use. All options for Chatting, calling and settings are just like the facebook has. Notifications are sligtly different and seems like Facebook old release. New innovation in sharing the knowledge.

What do you dislike?

Stuffs are limited as comparison to the facebook. Being the company plateform, You already have the default privacy enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great initiative by facebook. Emplyees will be able to access this without the limitation of using social media like facebook.

Social interaction and discussion within company.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Iffy about Workplace by Facebook. "

What do you like best?

I respect that Workplace by Facebook completely seperates one's personal account from the system. I can see my older co-workers being more comfortable with a Workplace by Facebook account even though they swear to never want a personal FB account.

What do you dislike?

At first, I enjoyed that it looked so much like Facebook. But then, I felt like it needed a slightly different interface to distinguish itself..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really evaluate the age level of your employees. My staff is a much older audience, and they are very hesistant with any mention of Facebook at times.

As a non-profit, we used an online server to share/insprire and keep everyone in the loop of what we are doing. Many times the files would get buried or put into multiple places and it's really a mess of information--you have to know exactly what you are looking for and miss a lot of the extra stuff that could aid your search. Workplace by Facebook helps organize files in one place, easy to find and easy to share/download.

Workplace by Facebook review by Peter D.
Peter D.

"The experince was very good"

What do you like best?

The Facebook workplace is very easy to and you can Find what you need fast . is able to establish a principle, or work out a rule, or suggest a reason for failure or success. His analysis is always accurate and sometimes original. always completes any assignment on time and to a high standard. Always assured and confident in demeanor and presentation of ideas without being aggressively over-confident. pays great attention to detail. always presented work properly checked and completely free of error.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone app doesn't work well with IOS 11 , the previeous version was better than this one (ios 10) . Follows instructions well, but has a tendency to be too literal, and can be lost unless there are firm guidelines. Or sometimes may not take sufficient care to check the instructions before starting. Panics and gets flustered when an emergency arises. is generally good with detail and checks work thoroughly, but there have been one or two minor errors in work presented in the current perio2: Interested in learning about other people and the world, but tends to let others ask the questions and find the answers.

Has occasionally made a suggestion or come up with an idea in the past six months, but creativity is not a strong point. copes with short periods of pressure, but the quality of work and level of enthusiasm begin to decline if the pressure continues for a longer period.has his own ideas when faced with a problem, but is reluctant to implement them unless others are supportive. Cautious with original ideas. Generally clean and tidy, but at times, his work-station needs organizing and tidying. Sometimes 0 fails to clean up at the end of the day. willingly joins groups, but tends to remain anonymous. refuses to carry out tasks outside the job description or requiring extra work. Usually defensive when efforts are criticized – but he nevertheless tries to learn from mistakes. When a topic is unfamiliar or new concepts are put forward, engages in the conversation, but contributions show a lack of understanding at first. Needs to make more effort to listen, learn and adjust. Can work in a team but often produces individual

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workplace by Facebook is the best place where you find exactly what you need to make you work easier.

That all kinds of companies use Workplace

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A good try to become a Platform for Group Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Collaboration

Communication

Group capabilities

File sharing

Mobile app is an advantage which creates a more interactive way to communicate. Instead of switching between emails and Skype, now you have all features in one place.

What do you dislike?

Only effective as long as the people you need to communicate with are also using it.

Data management: hard to search for a message or file that you shared to a particular group in Workplace by Facebook, especially if you don't put hashtag into the post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good product but have to make sure all employees use it in a proper manner to get the best of the product.

From the business point of view, it's a central place where employees can communicate, and executives and managers can message everyone en masse using more up-to-date tools than email. Just as in Facebook, you can schedule events, but maybe here it's a town hall meeting rather than a birthday party or a playdate like you'd see on Facebook. Just as in Facebook, you can live-stream a video and record it for anyone to watch later, but in Workplace, it's more likely to be a quarterly budget meeting than a vlog.

Workplace by Facebook review by Matt U.
Matt U.

"We've recently implemented this as a social tool in our company"

What do you like best?

I like the familiarity of the platform because I'm used to communicating and socializing on Facebook. Having this tool as a business communication tool causes me to gravitate and stay connected more consistently than on other tools.

What do you dislike?

Because my experience on Facebook has al and been more lax and familiar, I'm inclined to communicate more in that fashion, which in some situations can be inappropriate. The layout is different enough, however, that I wouldn't mistake one platform for another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to increase morale through a familiar platform known for use in an informal way.

Keeping up to date on important inter office information very quickly and being able to communicate with various teams in a way that ensure everyone is in the loop. Also keeping it somewhat more informal makes for a boost in morale.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Truly An All-in-One Team Communication and Project Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

We can easily segment our project into groups with a layout similar to Facebook's news feed for familiarity. This is great because we can update our team on each client's project progress and tag coworkers to individual posts with ease. It's great for messaging team members, keeping project notes to refer to, basically it's just AWESOME!

What do you dislike?

Default is set so you see every single post, like, comment, etc. and with lots of projects it can be overwhelming. Have to dig around a bit to change these settings. Further to that, if there are lots of updates being posted on a daily basis it can be easy to miss those important to you unless you save posts to look at later.

We are using it to help with team communication and project management/updates for our client and internal projects. It's been great to keep a real-time overview of everything we're working on.

Workplace by Facebook review by Jackie R.
Jackie R.

"Information Place for Employees"

What do you like best?

It's a great place to information the entire staff of upcoming events. To gather ideas and to post new things.

We like that it's free and has a chat feature and all the posting is pretty easy to post.

Customer service are also very helpful in getting your started.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have a way to create forms and store that information. That would be a nice feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It a nice way to keep staff involve and informed about all of our events and on going projects. Getting more staff involved help the business relations.

It helps staff know each other and see what other departments are doing.

Workplace by Facebook review by Chethan R.
Chethan R.

"Best social networking tool for corporates"

What do you like best?

This tool is very much easy to use as it has a taste of Facebook and it allows the employees to work socially and builds a close relationship between the coworkers

What do you dislike?

Not much as of now as all the features are very much useful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool to communicate with coworkers.

Builds a strong relationship between the employees

Not much training is required to use this tool as it is similar to a Facebook

We can share, post and like posts of your colleagues

We use Workplace to communicate with our organization and share our posts with our coworkers from across all the branches we have.

Workplace by Facebook review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Workplace as an Office Social Media Portal"

What do you like best?

Workplace acts as a Facebook for work-- it allows employees to create their own profiles and connect with colleagues through a social media site. Because it operates similarly to Facebook, its interface is incredibly easy to use and our employees feel comfortable operating the site. Workplace has become an excellent site through which our employees share news, updates, photos, and more. It allows for easy connections and collaboration between different offices, and even across the globe. I would highly recommend Workplace as an effective means of sharing news and information across a company through a social media site.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of many cons to Workplace. We really use this site for everything worth sharing at our company and think highly of it. It's invaluable to our workplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool if you have multiple offices and need to connect employees. It is easy to administer and user-friendly.

Our company struggled with finding a place to share news and relevant issues with other colleagues appropriately. Workplace has solved this issue for us by becoming an easy place for employees to share various information and articles with others. The site also has helped connect various offices and individuals globally, especially those with related roles or working on similar projects. It has allowed us to celebrate the "wins" of our company by enabling employees to share those successes on the site.

It has also hugely reduced the number of emails received by our employees by creating a one-stop-shop of sorts to find news and information related to our company and industry. Employees know that they can find information on Workplace that means reducing emails sent.

Workplace by Facebook review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"It's been great so far at breaking down silos in the organisation and has encouraged conversation"

What do you like best?

It really helps to encourage conversation between people that have never met, to link people in to initiatives that may be interesting to them that they would otherwise not know about. I've also seen lots of examples of people commenting and having dialogue with the senior leadership that otherwise wouldn't have happened.

What do you dislike?

The group functionality isn't working perfectly for me yet. I would like to see sub-groups if possible. I'd also like to have more control over the news feed algorithm (e.g. favouriting some people and groups).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are doing a trial period then it's important to choose a sufficiently large sample to trial with - the platform feeds off it's users so it won't work if there isn't enough content

Internal communications. We were using a sharepoint platform before and there was very little dialogue - mostly just formal posting of information in a top-down way - this has really encouraged a community

Workplace by Facebook review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Workplace made my business so effective"

What do you like best?

Workplaces's Group feature is very helpful and it let us to do departmentalization and the project planning is a clear way. And this service is very secured and there is no downtime. Even nowadays people are addicted to use Facebook as a habit. Workplace let those kind of employees to work at the company with the feeling of using Facebook. Other hand they have a free plan forever.

What do you dislike?

Workplaces url comes as companyname.facebook.com this is not a good thing for company brand. better if Facebook let companies to connect workplace to company sub-domain via a cname record. Also, workplace log is placed in the left of menu bar. Better if it the company logo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workplace is a the best way to improve the effectiveness of communication process of an organization. The price is also reasonable and very easy to use.

Workplace by Facebook let us to simplify communication process. Formerly we use email or whats app groups to do the communications regarding business operations. But Workplace let us to do it in a very organized way in a one platform. It's iOS and android app let us to be connected with co-workers at anytime.

Workplace by Facebook review by Patrizia Z.
Patrizia Z.

"Connect professionally on Social Media with Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

With Workplace I could create a Facebook account that is separate from your personal one and with it I could connect and interact with co-workers without a problem or the question "should you connect with people you work with?". It offers features like Groups, Events and Messenger, but also audio and video calling.I love that you are only visible to people in your company and that it is completely separate from your personal account.

What do you dislike?

It's a work social network platform that can be used as messenger and is "sold" to companies as a productivity tool for teams, but I also think it is used for a lot of private conversations and eats up company work time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you start using it, you can't do without anymore! It's for sure worth the try since it's free to start.

The communication between our team members definitely increased and we use it as our main communication tool because it has a mobile and web app that aims to keep us connected.

Workplace by Facebook review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Group Networking"

What do you like best?

Allows for easy communication across the workplace in a familiar format. Workplace uses the same backbone as the regular Facebook app but adds a professional feel to the friendly interface allowing for companies to quickly and easily share company information in an easy to access channel.

What do you dislike?

Workplace does tend to send notifications for groups that you are not part of or sends multiple notifications throughout the day for the same event or post.

Our company is national with divisions spread out across the states. Workplace allows us to quickly share information.without having to schedule meetings or conference calls

Workplace by Facebook review by Irina M.
Irina M.

"Excellent tool for collaboration and networking "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Ability to create public and private groups to discuss interests, collaborate on assignments and projects, and network across peers. Customizable notifications, mobility (Mobile App is great).

What do you dislike?

Nothing. However, I would like something similar to Google Drive/Google docs to be integrated, in other words an ability to collaborate on spreadsheets/presentations/documents through the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great tool that can replace Intranet and increase social collaboration.

Using workplace for handling of team assignments for an MBA. Workplace helps to quickly and timely interact with all group members, and provides an ability to easily access information without having to search through multiple e-mails.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"My review of Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

The best part I would say is the amalgam of an interface similar to Facebook and at the same time providing a separate space for your organization.The second best part would be the ease of accessing meeting notes, events, documents anything from anywhere with the help of mobile app

What do you dislike?

While the interface is what I like, it might turn to be a negative as well to someone who is looking for a more formal space of interaction with the team

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this to any organization to leverage its ability to better recognize employees and keep them motivated. Even if they have a formal platform, Workplace can be an additional space to interact and form a more close knit community

It helps us stay connected with people across locations. It also helps in knowing what is happening in the organization easily and also recognize someone for good work with greater visibility. This in turn has helped in maintaining high motivation levels

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Higher Education

"A great way to keep up with what colleagues are doing at work"

What do you like best?

I like that it uses a similar Facebook interface, which most people are already familiar with, to allow coworkers to update each other about what they're working on.

What do you dislike?

Because it functions like Facebook, it is most intuitive to post your accomplishments and updates, and less intuitive to go to the chat function to message others. There's not enough to differentiate what happens in chat vs. just sending an email, and it's another thing to login to when you're already logged into email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set some guidelines about what should be posted there and what should be sent by email or other forms of communication. Our office already has Skype for Business, Email, Box, Google products, and internal newsletters, so adding something else can sometimes create redundancies.

Keeping up with what else is going on in the organization that isn't directly related to your department and that you otherwise wouldn't know about

Workplace by Facebook review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Workplace by Facebook"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, interface is very similar to Facebook. Eliminates use of email and the dreaded "reply all". We are still testing it in certain groups around the organization, I see it best fitting a process oriented team that works at multiple projects at once. Connect colleagues around the global with a translation function on posts.

What do you dislike?

If groups are created as public they appear on everyone's news feeds, these should automatically default so that everyone isn't getting irrelevant information and extra noise when they open Workplace. For individuals who have never used Workplace the learning curve is steeper. More time is needed to show how cross-functional groups will interact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Designate champions for each group and get your leaders involved to drive engagement

Eliminate the use of emails and having all information in one place

Workplace by Facebook review by Astha S.
Astha S.

"Facebook @Work"

What do you like best?

A good social network where all the members of the company can come and interact in a more informal way than what can happen over emails and chats. Glad that we can share so much now with our office mates as well and make lasting relationships.

What do you dislike?

Facebook at work is generally not more active among many members of the organization. Something needs to be done so that it can be more interactive and people stop viewing it as 'face-booking' at work and consider it more of a sharing platform.

Have used Facebook at work for various purposes - from spreading news in the organization about the latest developments and achievements to providing recognition to employees awarded during the quarterly program so that their work can be known to a much larger audience now and that too at different geographic locations.

Workplace by Facebook review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"It's just Facebook - for work."

What do you like best?

It is a picture sharing, news sharing, less drama having version of Facebook.

What do you dislike?

It's one more source that I need to check regularly to get any benefit out of it. Call me old-school, but a simple email that goes out saying "Cindy got promoted today!" beats getting the email with the Workplace notification, and clicking the link there, and opening Workplace, and seeing the post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd take a second look into getting your ROI. Remember that Facebook is known as a time waster. Workplace may fall into that category as well.

It's not a bad idea I don't think - it is a way to share pictures and information on a single platform. It does help when there is an announcement from the team to go and see who volunteered where and who got promoted.

Workplace by Facebook review by J B.
J B.

"Good alternative to Skype"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of Workplace by Facebook, it allows us to have group projects and unlimited storage (even in the free version!) Video conferencing as well as Work Chat apps are both crucial in my line of work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that a lot of features are only included in the premium version but at $3/user if you are a small business the price is decent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool, It may not be for everyone but is it a growing competitor for Skype.

It is vital to have group chats within the office, it is a good interface to use to keep your employees as a unit without all of the extra things that facebook for the consumer has.

Workplace by Facebook review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Workplace by Facebook is a great Social Connect and place for office news."

What do you like best?

I like that there is a way to connect departments across a large organization while keeping it ore casual and community oriented. I can learn what it happening around the company, without feeling like I am reading a "blanket statement email" or "corporate announcement." The Workplace at Facebook really makes the office feel like a "virtual" community.

What do you dislike?

It has been a little tricky building momentum. Even though most of the company has been added, and we purposely release office news and events through it, it seems like only a few people are consistently posting. I guess it is similar to Facebook. Some people love it—others can't be bothered with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like Facebook, and you are looking to translate your love of Facebook to the office - here you go. I mean, who doesn't like another profile? If you a