Workwave Route Manager

Workwave Route Manager

Workwave Route Manager is a web-based route planning software for fleets and mobile workforces that helps you manage time, fuel, customer satisfaction and more.

Work for Workwave Route Manager?

Learning about Workwave?

Workwave Route Manager Reviews

Ask Workwave a Question
Showing 42 Workwave reviews
Workwave review by Francisco A.
Francisco A.

"General Manager"

What do you like best?

Route planning, ability to inspect performance from a single screen, android integration, real time feedback.

What do you dislike?

If data connection falls for more than a few minutes, sync will drop and after that the route information on the phone won't be available, this is a No No, and honestly a reason why we are evaluating other options.

Local customer support is not all familiar with the product. Nevertheless; we haven't got to the trouble of finding help further up in the company thus stock with the local vendor.

Price won't hold attractive with our volume, since the solutions we getting from the app soon might be developed in house at the cost of one or two years of operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate if the data provider of the area offers full coverage since signal dropouts or battery depletion might affect to unrecoverable data losses.

Even though route optimization is a strong selling point, the benefit we see now is a tool to manage the operation in real time, being able to pinpoint in a map.

Data retrieval for each customer is very valuable, but can be better though.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workwave Route Manager
Workwave review by Niki R.
Niki R.

"Easy to use route planner"

What do you like best?

I like that work wave's platform is easy to use. There are a variety of features this platform offers so you can use it for just putting stops in order or much more. If you want to take advantage of all of their features, they offer constant training so that you can take advantage of all that the platform has to offer. There is an app for your mobile to the device so that you can easily access your route. Many route planners only allow you to put so many stops in order while Work Wave allows for a lot more stops than others that I have looked into.

What do you dislike?

I personally do not need all of the features that they offer as I really only use the program to put multiple stops in order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to add a high volume of stops to a route this is the best program for this.

The benefit to me is that I can upload a ton of stops opposed to a few as I create a monthly route opposed to a daily or weekly route. Many other planners I looked into have a small number of stops that they allow for a route so I would have to create 2 routes to use their platforms opposed to using Work Wave to create one. I am able to print out my route, use it through my phone if needed and I can go back and find the route that I had previously created by searching through the calendar.

What Fleet Management solution do you use?

Workwave review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Excellent product - more features that we can hope to use"

What do you like best?

WorkWave Route Manager allows us to easily get the most effective path between sites, plans the day for field technicians and provides them step by step instructions on route logistics.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot I dislike. I would love to have a use for more of their features since the are so novel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an outstanding product. Again I wish I had more uses for it.

We have teams of people that periodically have to conduct site surveys. The surveys take about an hour. If we have large groups of surveys in a specific geography, we send out one-five people. Before WorkWave Route Manager, one of our people sat down with AAA maps and highlighters to figure out how many surveys could be done in a day and which ones.

Workwave review by Eddy C.
Eddy C.

"Workwave cut our mapping and routing time for our vans down to minutes from hours."

What do you like best?

For the most part it's very intuitive and easy to use, right out of the box. When it comes to routing for multiple vehicles with assigned inventory on routes that may overlap, Route Manager is a fantastic solution and has been a boon for us.

What do you dislike?

Integration with our CRM program has proven to be a challenge, but we continue to work on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial to it's fullest and take advantage of the initial support.

Man hours spend on manually inputting addresses in to a mapping program and sorting them in to routes and then sequencing them was a big time suck for us. It's nearly non-existent, now, in the markets that we use Route Manager.

Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"WorkWave has been very helpful to us in expanding the operations of our company. "

What do you like best?

Workwave is relatively simple to use and get set up. The dispatcher interface has good information and the driver app is very handy. We are able to track our trucks and see exactly where they are with the built in GPS functions and the driver app allows us to send live route updates to our drivers easily. We've even been able to build out a great deal of API integration which is allowing us to automate much of the process.

What do you dislike?

One of the few complaints I have about WorkWave is that the system feels to me to be more tailored to companies with routes that are more fixed at the beginning of the day than dynamically changing throughout the day. Our company does on demand fuel delivery so we are constantly getting orders throughout the day and the routes change quite often. With the dynamic route changes we have, we need a dispatcher with more hands on presence through a delivery shift to make sure everything runs smoothly. That said we've been using it for over a year and a half now and continue to invest time into integrating our API.

Workwave helps us keep our drivers accountable by showing the time and routes they took to get between each order. Its given us an interface that our dispatchers can log into and make real time decisions about the routes and then push those changes to drivers. It's given our drivers an easy to use app that allows them to navigate from stop to stop.

Workwave review by Raj B.
Raj B.

"Great experience since last year"

What do you like best?

We began using Workwave after a long serach and needed something to track our delivery truck and create routes. It was perfect because we get a perfect look into what our truck was doing. We caught our driver going off the route and wasting time. Saves money and is TOTALLY worth it. Trust me, I am cheap, but this saved me money. Absolute no brainer. I wish the monthly fee was less, but I cant complain. I save on gas now because of reducing hard driving from my drivers.

Workwave review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Does exactly what it should and more!"

What do you like best?

How well the workwave solution solves it's targeted problem. There are some bells and whistles for more advanced operators and controllers but my current operation doesn't require them, so we keep it simple. I appreciate the ability to dial in your cost metrics and get information on how much it might cost to do any given route.

What do you dislike?

The requirement to commit to a yearly contract. I think the solution is priced well for what it does, however if a small company gets in over their head, it would be nice to be able to cancel their subscription without fear of repercussions.

Workwave tells me when I'm trying to more in a day than is reasonable. This keeps me from over committing and making promises to customers that cannot be kept.

Workwave review by Christine N.
Christine N.

"Magic routing"

What do you like best?

I like to versatility Workwave Route Manager gives you. First the system routes, then you can drag to move the routes around. Then you can export the final routes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that after you "approve and dispatch" you can accidentally click on build route and the system reroutes everything you just did. I think that you should be required to "revoke" before being able to build a route.

We are an appliance recycling program and do not have routing software build into our scheduling system. Workwave is a great work around.

Workwave review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Very Happy With Workwave"

What do you like best?

I like the quick customer service response I receive when I have a question. They assist you via email or over the phone.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a report that displays the miles that each user has accumulated for the week. This would help out and cut a lot of the time doing it manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workwave is a very solid software. It is very easy to use and it has helped me a lot in saving money in gas and other expenses that I use to have when I was not using workwave.

With workwave I get to route my employees more efficiently. I'm able to see what location they are currently at and with bread crumbing I'm able to see where they been.

Workwave review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Great Route optimization Software"

What do you like best?

Workwave route manager and gps online software is easy to use and setup. The team at workwave is always focused on improving and adding new features which is nice. Lastly the support staff is always very attentive and looking for feedback to improve user experience.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the ability to change vehicles settings/restrictions from user interface instead of having to request changes.

Faster and more accurate day to day routing. GPS functionality allows you to monitor vehicles and make necessary changes

Workwave review by Jeffrey B.
Jeffrey B.

"Logical Logistics"

What do you like best?

We like that Workwave Route Manager helps to take the guess work of accomplishing a delivery route in a timely and efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

So far we have found everything to our liking and satisfaction!

Workwave allows to organize our delivery day effectively. With an Open API system we're able to have accurate information flow from our Point of Sale System into Workwave Route Manager allowing us an easy way to organize our delivery day, customer by customer.

"WorkWave Scheduling"

What do you like best?

Workwave helps to minimize driving times for our field team, so they are able to spend more time with members. It also gives time back to our corporate office with less time spent optimizing routes.

What do you dislike?

WorkWave is not as "intelligent" as we would like it to be when adding different parameters to orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot of trial and error with WorkWave but once you find what works with your company its worth it !

WorkWave cuts back on gas and toll reimbursements and gives us the ability to visit more member while providing a quality service.

Workwave review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Excellent customer service, great software."

What do you like best?

WorkWave has made it easy for us to transition from a paper-route system with over 5,000 weekly stops to an online web-based solution. I'm able to monitor drivers progress from anywhere with an internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Servicing a rural area has GPS and mapping limitations. The inability to update addresses in route would be my only main complaint. All updates have to be performed from the route manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A little slower if you have a large customer base. Rural locations may take longer to geo-code properly.

Driver tracking, instant route updates, the ability for our customer service reps to be "route managers" has been a huge benefit and success for us.

Workwave review by User

"Workwave, easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of workwave. Once you know the basics of the program it is simple to get it to do what you want. Sometimes it even surprises me by suggesting a better option to do a route.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the export files can't be named. They auto-generate the name.

We use workwave to route all of our client deliveries each day. We decided to upgrade to Workwave from a different routing program. We have seen efficiency for our drivers go up since the switch. It has also decreased the time it takes to do the routing of deliveries in general.

Workwave review by Rose E.
Rose E.

"Program is user friendly & comprehensive and the people are friendly & efficient. Great experience."

What do you like best?

We can give the drivers all pertinent information along with their route. It's easy to change a route (add or delete a delivery). I like that you can 'fit in' a delivery. I like the drag & drop feature.

What do you dislike?

Rural locations not always accurate. when you add an order individually, sometimes the custom fields don't come up

Quick easy routes- good detail to reference

Workwave review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"I use it for route planning."

What do you like best?

That it is cloud connected so colleagues can have access to each other's routes.

What do you dislike?

It is not as robust for planning as it is for dispatch route management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It needs more work to be a robust planning tool. But being internet enabled overcomes those concerns.

Being able to build scenarios as alternatives to current routes and to cost out potential savings.

Workwave review by Beth G.
Beth G.

"VP of Operations"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and integration with other system.

Ability to test different delivery scenarios.

Flexibility to see different delivery options.

What do you dislike?

still need to fully implement with our ERP system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and implement.

Routing in NYC. Save time and money due to better routing.

Ability to on-board new customers faster by analyzing the best delivery days.

Workwave review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"It’s helps tremendously for my pick up and drop off services."

What do you like best?

I can optimize my route for the month or daily.

I can pick and chose drop off stores per month or daily.

I can input visit time for each route, during my standard daily route I can re route for optimization.

What do you dislike?

Contract

I should have the flexibility of not being confined to these term.

I should have the flexibility of leaving whenever things slow down, retail is unpredictable and winter months can be crucial financially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease to use

One of the best route manage out there...tried so many

No limitations on numbers os stips

Daily optimization, hands down the best for my routes..

I can sync to my phone I can add and drop stores and re route as needed per day or monthly.

Workwave review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Customer Service is top notch but the product is not"

What do you like best?

The Customer Service was exceptional and the staff were more than helpful even in the face of the limitations of the system.

What do you dislike?

The idea that the system does not recognize left side of the street ick ups is a huge issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are some limitations and it would be beneficial to have a trial subscription to see if it fits your needs.

The need for a CRM system of some type to help organize the customers

Workwave review by Administrator

"Workwave Route Manager makes my life easier "

What do you like best?

The program is very user friendly and saves me SO much time!

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the way the app connects with map programs. With Google Maps, the Workwave App will default to coordinates, instead of exact addresses. If our drivers are not paying close attention, this can cause problems!

Workwave steamlines my systems by creating efficient delivery routes, and allowing me to easily transfer that info to my drivers.

Workwave review by Administrator

"WorkWave has made our jobs easier. "

What do you like best?

When a customer calls asking about the time of a delivery, we can confidently project based on real-time information available in Route Manager. It's a great tool.

What do you dislike?

I would like more comprehensive reporting related to time and locations.

We route efficiently and use the GPS component to track our vehicles. We save money month over month compared to the previous system we had, and we have information available immediately.

Workwave review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Workwave makes routing a breeze"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see where our deliveries are and to estimate the time spent for each route

What do you dislike?

I wish it would have real time traffic or at least historical traffic info

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is excellent. If there's something you don't know how to do, just ask

We are able to allocate our deliveries evenly and provide delivery time windows. We also know where our drivers traveled

Workwave review by Dwight U.
Dwight U.

"Workwave review"

What do you like best?

Control and capacity. Our company requires routing of over 900 deliveries and pickups a day and Workwave allows us to manage this.

What do you dislike?

We dislike that Workwave cannot replicate 80-90% of the routing pattern from the previous weeks routing.

We see reduced time it takes to organize deliveries and pickups. Also we are able to expand and add new routes easily as the business grows.

Workwave review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Route planning software for small business"

What do you like best?

Route optimization and real time tracking of drivers. Easy to add additional stops once the route has started.

What do you dislike?

Inability to save pick up locations of recurring customers. This feature would save me a lot of time if implemented.

We use the software to plan and track our in house couriers. It has helped us improve our customer satisfaction with quicker pick ups

"Best customer service"

What do you like best?

The software is excellent and is a critical part of managing our business. Customer support is fantastic - they always go the extra mile to help

What do you dislike?

I have no major dislikes - everything I have asked for is either implemented or on the road map

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fantastic, flexible product. Checks off most of the boxes, the support is otherworldly and they are reasonably priced.

We are trying to route close to 100 deliveries per day spread out among various delivery routes. WorkWave has helped us divide the routes fairly and reasonably

Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Workwave Route Manager helps schedule on-time deliveries"

What do you like best?

I am very happy with Route Manager's ability to provide real-time schedules to our drivers. No more guessing if there are cancellations.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we are not able to easily integrate Route Manager with all of our driving systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a powerful tool to keep your drivers and company on track for deliveries.

We have solved the problem of not knowing where our driver's are and the time lost when they aren't able to determine the shortest/fastest routes for delivery. We are now able to give our customers more accurate time range for delivery.

Workwave review by User

"Most Precise Route Planner and Manager "

What do you like best?

This route manager utilized my time and resources (gas and mileage) by optimizing my stops. The app even planned for time that should be spent with each stop.

What do you dislike?

I wish the map was a little larger and the app could determine if a stop needed to be rescheduled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workwave provides great support for their customers. They are a friendly, knowledgeable company that will boost your business to success.

My mileage was calculated for me, which will be so beneficial for tax season. Also, time management has improved.

Workwave review by Christopher G.
Christopher G.

"Good product and great support"

What do you like best?

The support offered is GREAT and they quickly answer any and all questions.

What do you dislike?

Some features we want are not offered, and they are not in the road map.

Scheduling and dispatching our technicians in an efficient manor. we have been able to save time and money by using this product.

Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"We use Workwave Route Manager on a daily basis to dispatch our delivery trucks."

What do you like best?

How easy it is for our customer service rep's to work with the program

What do you dislike?

Wish we could update the maps quicker to get new subdivisions added for routing.

We have cut our truck delivery time in half with Route Manger.

Workwave review by Administrator

"Utilizzerò Workwave per un servizio di food delivery"

What do you like best?

La possibilità di determinare il miglior percorso tra tante soluzioni

What do you dislike?

Non mi piace che non sia possibile utilizzare la licenza con autisti diversi anche se non in contemporanea

Ora posso determinare quali richieste di consegna posso prendere in carico

Workwave review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"A+"

What do you like best?

Workwave is very user friendly and should you run in to any issues, the staff is quick to assist!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the program

Workwave makes it easy to get the most out of our time

Workwave review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Very helpful as it is, looking forward to more sophisticated traffic and routing."

What do you like best?

Takes the legwork out of setting up routes. Helpful to know early if there's an issue on a route.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes the order of stops doesn't make sense -- taking into account things like the ease of right turns.

- Hate that traffic is manual.

- In many cases, I only have my phone and I can't access the admin portal to check in driver status.

optimizes delivery routes

Workwave review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"great routing app"

What do you like best?

I liked the ability to restrict use of some roads.

What do you dislike?

GPS tracking wasn't too great, or it didn't work that well in the Philippines

efficient routing of our deliverues

Workwave review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Goood Product"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and when I have questions, I can find the answer easily

What do you dislike?

not easy to plan different POSSIBLE rout

time and efficiency in the field

Workwave review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"works fine, high uptime"

What do you like best?

Main functionality well integrated with good import / export functions

What do you dislike?

Structure of pricing plans, was quite flexible. not anymore

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it

Easy planning is short times

Workwave review by Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain
Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Decently good"

What do you like best?

Support, User friendly, great options for route optimization.

What do you dislike?

Tedious are repetitive when multiple territory are set. Tech support can also be annoying sometimes.

route optimization.

Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"It's been a wonderful and helpful experience."

What do you like best?

We love how easy it is to complete the routing which would of took us hours before.

What do you dislike?

If i had to pick something to dislike it would be that I cant approve routes until 4 days ahead of time. Also there should be a managers app to follow crews from our phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Manager app

It saves alot of time.

Workwave review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Great product with fantastic support"

What do you like best?

Simple User Interface, API accessibility and great support

What do you dislike?

The technical documentation can be heavy going

Route Optimsiation

Workwave review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"What a time saver "

What do you like best?

The fact i no longer chase my tail during the day and utilise more time earning money

What do you dislike?

Online training but give them their due they persevered and by George i got it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most definitely

Time saved driving from street to street without missing a drop

Workwave review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Dispatch"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to use and helps me figure out which customer the drivers should go to first.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found a real dislike since using.

I route drivers to do pick ups of oil.

"WorkWave is AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

The friendly sales and support staff. The system is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

No CRM available - not able to easily track customers who cancel their order.

Making our courier routes more efficient and cost effective.

Workwave review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"CEO"

What do you like best?

How quickly it routes and displays route

What do you dislike?

Short on the reporting side to be able to choose based on selected parameters

It's a fantastic application and our company will benefot fully

Learn more about Workwave Route Manager

Workwave Route Manager Videos

Learning about Workwave Route Manager?

* We monitor all Workwave Route Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.