Workzone

Workzone is a web-based project management software that keep projects on track and team members informed, it includes training and support from U.S.-based customer support team.

Work for Workzone?

Learning about Workzone?

Workzone Reviews

Ask Workzone a Question
Showing 26 Workzone reviews
Workzone review by <span>Kevin M.</span>
Kevin M.
Invitation from the software vendor

As streamlined or robust as you want

What do you like best?

I like that we have been able to take the features that we like most and use them, but not HAVE to use a ton of the functionality that we don't need.

What do you dislike?

hmmm... Just a little bit of the usability, jumping from reports to projects to documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've made many to others that have been looking into it. My MAIN thing is that it is a project-based product instead of a task-based product. I also needed to have a system that could automatically number the projects as they were created. That way we could set up our archive folder structure similarly to that. Also being able to easily see how many projects are on a certain users plate. That way I can adjust the workload as more jobs come in by easily seeing who has the time for it. Also, the reporting was extremely beneficial to me. To be able to see how many projects were done in a certain amount of time, what the average turnaround time on those. etc.

Project management. Collaboration. Jobs based on projects rather than ONLY tasks, like many other systems.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workzone
Workzone review by <span>Chris D.</span>
Chris D.
Invitation from the software vendor

Simple, straightforward, and easy to use!

What do you like best?

We use WorkZone on a daily basis as the primary tracking system for our real estate, construction, and building systems teams. The system provides a great high level status view, with the ability to drill down into specifics. Because its easy to use, team 'buy in' was fast, helping ensure the system is accurate and up to date.

What do you dislike?

Navigation thru the system could be improved in some areas, such as returning to where you were on a page after making a change, as opposed to a full page refresh. That said; the product continues to develop and improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to someone using the product. They can provide great insight that will help you evaluate whether the system is right for your needs

Little things don't fall thru the cracks. Its a great tool for working smarter, not harder.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Workzone review by Administrator
Invitation from the software vendor

Workzone is simply the best!

What do you like best?

i love that Workzone gives me the tasks that i need to complete for the day as well as letting me know what is coming up. I can see everything that needs to be done in our office at any given time. I no longer have rely on piles of papers and folders everything is right at my fingertips on the computer.

What do you dislike?

there is really nothing to dislike about the program. sometimes it would be easier if i could alter multiple projects at once but it is not the worst thing in the world to have to do it one at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just try it, take the chance and really invest in setting it up the way you want it. its well worth the time ittakes to customize the system for your everyday needs.

i as the business manager know everything that is going on in the office, nothing falls through the cracks and if someone doesnt do something and just coninually ignores it i know they are ignoring it and can adress it ASAP

Workzone review by <span>Susan E.</span>
Susan E.

Workzone Works for Our Team

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can personalize requests based on specific projects, allowing us to get the information we need up front.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could edit the "Requested Deadline" header in the top of the forms section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Workzone for anyone who needs a project management system that's easy to use, adaptable to your needs and provides outstanding support.

We are able to get accurate information from our clients in advance, providing us with a more clear idea of their needs. We are also able to be more organized with our projects and communicate with team members and clients in one central program.

Workzone review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products
Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

Best Project Management Tool around

What do you like best?

The ease of use is one of the best features around. The software is intuitive and you can get up and running with very little training. They also allow you to store documents with each task thus keeping everything you need for your project together. The support staff is always friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend this software to anyone who juggle multiple projects and needs to stay organize.

What do you dislike?

Hardly anything, but the "reports" feature could be better...although I hardly use this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has been easy to use for people of all computer skills. If you have to manage multiple projects at various stages, this is the tool for you.

We have become more efficient and have also reduce the amount of errors we make. This has also allowed us to increase the amount of work we take in. Since utilizing workzone, we have almost doubled the amount of quote and sold jobs. By spending less time search for information, following up on jobs in a timely fashion and making fewer mistakes, WZ has allowed us to go after more business.

Workzone review by User in Marketing and Advertising
Invitation from the software vendor

Great tool for a variety of project types

What do you like best?

I like being able to have a variety of templates so each project type can be created easily. And, I like being able to add/remove steps in the process and extend a workflow as the scope of the project changes or revisions are needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the contingencies make getting the ideal date to line up tricky within a complex workflow. And, I would like for closed projects to 'reopen' automatically if new tasks are added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setting up templates is a key first step to successful implementation of the software. Communicated what information should be communicated in the various areas within a workflow is also important to consistent and effective communication within the team. There are a lot of ways to use the tool, so figuring out how your team finds/uses information is important.

We no longer need to manually and physically move projects through our ad agency. The workflows indicate whose turn it is in the process and even assigning tasks to multiple people is possible for multiple reviewers. It has saved a ton of steps, allowed people to work remotely where before it was next to impossible and provided insight into where issues and delays occur. Deadlines that are missed are flagged so we don't continue to get further behind schedule.

Learn more about Workzone

Workzone Videos

Learning about Workzone?

* We monitor all Workzone reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.