Workzone

Workzone is a web-based project management software that keep projects on track and team members informed, it includes training and support from U.S.-based customer support team.

Work for Workzone?

Learning about Workzone?

Workzone Reviews

Ask Workzone a Question
Showing 28 Workzone reviews
Workzone review by Jon V.
Jon V.

"A wonderful tool for cross functional projects"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to see everything you have going on, no matter the department, and the ability to filter by task and project. I think this is largely dependent on how well your Workzone instance is set up and maintained by your department or company, but when it is done right, productivity and/or accountability can skyrocket.

What do you dislike?

I dislike templates in general. They're only editable (and viewable) by the administrator. And when you set a template, it's pretty rigid and difficult to change on the fly -- sometimes you have to make major changes because of a specific project, and Workzone doesn't make that too easy. Plus the way some tasks are dependent and cascade, one missed deadline could make EVERYONE else's tasks late. Again, this may be something that can be remediated by a good administrator, but it's a risk nonetheless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have an A-type running the show. Someone who is extremely organized can boost your value out of this platform, and especially someone who is able to hold others accountable for the work they're assigned.

Our team works with 10+ teams in our department, and most are in sync with this software. Questions about projects can generally be answered in the software itself, and project requests are simple if the right work flows are in place. We are making teams work better together just about every day, and keeping people accountable for their tasks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Workzone
Workzone review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"As streamlined or robust as you want"

What do you like best?

I like that we have been able to take the features that we like most and use them, but not HAVE to use a ton of the functionality that we don't need.

What do you dislike?

hmmm... Just a little bit of the usability, jumping from reports to projects to documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've made many to others that have been looking into it. My MAIN thing is that it is a project-based product instead of a task-based product. I also needed to have a system that could automatically number the projects as they were created. That way we could set up our archive folder structure similarly to that. Also being able to easily see how many projects are on a certain users plate. That way I can adjust the workload as more jobs come in by easily seeing who has the time for it. Also, the reporting was extremely beneficial to me. To be able to see how many projects were done in a certain amount of time, what the average turnaround time on those. etc.

Project management. Collaboration. Jobs based on projects rather than ONLY tasks, like many other systems.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Workzone review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Simple, straightforward, and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

We use WorkZone on a daily basis as the primary tracking system for our real estate, construction, and building systems teams. The system provides a great high level status view, with the ability to drill down into specifics. Because its easy to use, team 'buy in' was fast, helping ensure the system is accurate and up to date.

What do you dislike?

Navigation thru the system could be improved in some areas, such as returning to where you were on a page after making a change, as opposed to a full page refresh. That said; the product continues to develop and improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to someone using the product. They can provide great insight that will help you evaluate whether the system is right for your needs

Little things don't fall thru the cracks. Its a great tool for working smarter, not harder.

Workzone review by Administrator

"Workzone is simply the best!"

What do you like best?

i love that Workzone gives me the tasks that i need to complete for the day as well as letting me know what is coming up. I can see everything that needs to be done in our office at any given time. I no longer have rely on piles of papers and folders everything is right at my fingertips on the computer.

What do you dislike?

there is really nothing to dislike about the program. sometimes it would be easier if i could alter multiple projects at once but it is not the worst thing in the world to have to do it one at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just try it, take the chance and really invest in setting it up the way you want it. its well worth the time ittakes to customize the system for your everyday needs.

i as the business manager know everything that is going on in the office, nothing falls through the cracks and if someone doesnt do something and just coninually ignores it i know they are ignoring it and can adress it ASAP

Workzone review by Susan E.
Susan E.

"Workzone Works for Our Team"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that we can personalize requests based on specific projects, allowing us to get the information we need up front.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could edit the "Requested Deadline" header in the top of the forms section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Workzone for anyone who needs a project management system that's easy to use, adaptable to your needs and provides outstanding support.

We are able to get accurate information from our clients in advance, providing us with a more clear idea of their needs. We are also able to be more organized with our projects and communicate with team members and clients in one central program.

Workzone review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products
Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

"Best Project Management Tool around"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is one of the best features around. The software is intuitive and you can get up and running with very little training. They also allow you to store documents with each task thus keeping everything you need for your project together. The support staff is always friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend this software to anyone who juggle multiple projects and needs to stay organize.

What do you dislike?

Hardly anything, but the "reports" feature could be better...although I hardly use this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has been easy to use for people of all computer skills. If you have to manage multiple projects at various stages, this is the tool for you.

We have become more efficient and have also reduce the amount of errors we make. This has also allowed us to increase the amount of work we take in. Since utilizing workzone, we have almost doubled the amount of quote and sold jobs. By spending less time search for information, following up on jobs in a timely fashion and making fewer mistakes, WZ has allowed us to go after more business.

Workzone review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for a variety of project types"

What do you like best?

I like being able to have a variety of templates so each project type can be created easily. And, I like being able to add/remove steps in the process and extend a workflow as the scope of the project changes or revisions are needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the contingencies make getting the ideal date to line up tricky within a complex workflow. And, I would like for closed projects to 'reopen' automatically if new tasks are added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setting up templates is a key first step to successful implementation of the software. Communicated what information should be communicated in the various areas within a workflow is also important to consistent and effective communication within the team. There are a lot of ways to use the tool, so figuring out how your team finds/uses information is important.

We no longer need to manually and physically move projects through our ad agency. The workflows indicate whose turn it is in the process and even assigning tasks to multiple people is possible for multiple reviewers. It has saved a ton of steps, allowed people to work remotely where before it was next to impossible and provided insight into where issues and delays occur. Deadlines that are missed are flagged so we don't continue to get further behind schedule.

Workzone review by Administrator

"Easy to use but extremely powerful "

What do you like best?

I love that the software is so intuitive. Most things can be figured out with very little training. Because it's available online, it's always accessible and most importantly all of our tasks and associated files are kept together with each job.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say what I dislike as we use this everyday. I guess the reports the software generates could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to anyone that has to manage any kind of project regardless of size or timeline. It's extremely easy to use and worth every penny.

We are a lot more organized and can find everything we need to know about a job right away. We can track every step of the project including where every stick of wood that was shipped, all plan changes and all communication with our customers. This has really help reduce the amount of errors, improve productivity, increase margins and has made us more efficient.

Workzone review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall good user experience "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to organize projects by category and year - it's great for keeping me on track and an essential tool for managing multiple clients simultaneously, with the ability to see deadlines by date so you can easily see which tasks are pressing. Also helpful for our Director of Projects to see all tasks and keep the rest of the team on target.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions I wish WZ had that would aid in ease of use, for example, the ability to copy over a project template to a new year where the dates update based on the prior year, not based on the date you drag over the template.

It's a great project management tool to help keep track of all the clients we manage in an organized way.

Workzone review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Workzone is helping us get stuff done!"

What do you like best?

Visibility into what projects are happening and where they are in the work flow. You can also share files and comment on files within the system.

What do you dislike?

While they do have a feature for commenting on files, I wish it was more robust and had a better user interface that you could use. I do wish they had a better mobile experience as I think people are always on their phones and would be nice to be able to update items from that device.

We use it to get better insight into where projects are and what projects might be falling behind. We get to have better insight into projects and assign tasks to people in a sequential order so everyone knows when they have to do their part on the project.

Workzone review by Administrator

"Workzone is user friendly"

What do you like best?

The ability to set up project templates.

What do you dislike?

We don't like that you have to match start and end dates on tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set the system up to work in the way that best fits each person on your team. Team members can work from a to-do list or from the project list. Customized templates have saved us time as well as helped cut out the chance of human error in assigning tasks for specific project types.

We use Workzone to keep our marketing team organized by utilizing task lists under overarching projects. This keeps everyone involved in a project up to date of the status of the project. It has helped us increase the amount of projects we are able to complete.

Workzone review by Todd W.
Todd W.

"I manage all Construction and Special Projects for CURO Financial Technologies, Corp."

What do you like best?

The Cloud storage of communications, files, drawings, & material that relates to the Construction Project. The project template notification to responsible parties, and the notifications to myself as manager when activities or task have been changed or completed.

What do you dislike?

Over the Years Work Zone has become more user friendly, I wouldn't say I dislike any particular thing in WZ other than being able to set up certain items in WZ

Workzone provides an exellent communication path between myself, our design team, General Contractors, internal departments, along with a Cloud storage for all communications and documents that pertain to the Project

Workzone review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"Thorough and user friendly "

What do you like best?

IT WORKS! It's functionality, personal information management, communication ability, it's stable, customizable, efficient/runs fast and ability to cross platform. Very solid, usable tool that I turn to on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

very little but at times I find search in the help function to be a bit challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most definitely. It works, its user friendly, has the ability to cross platforms, crates accountability and is effective in tracking and organizing communication between responsible parties.

tracking projects by task and responsible party, ability to contain communications between all involved in one location while creating a paper trail and accountability.

Workzone review by Maryanne N.
Maryanne N.

"Workzone is a great tool! Organization made easy!"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of seeing what projects or tasks are listed as well as the status of completion. It keeps everyone accountable.

What do you dislike?

No negative feedback to give yet! I’ve had a great experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It keeps items organized and up to date. A very productive tool!

This was used as an internal “team” tool. It’s benefit is being able to see what everyone is working on as well as the status. It’s keeps everyone accountable on their tasks or projects. It also helps management see where help is needed within the team.

Workzone review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Easy and effective tool for our staff"

What do you like best?

Very easy for new staff to learn and use. Workzone is always working to improve the user experience with updates and modifications.

What do you dislike?

Could add more reporting options. If I need to report on historical information, we have difficultly filtering and searching archived projects. Hard to see how many reports are open at certain point in time.

We had using a hard copy review system for all of marketing projects which created many problems. Workzone allow us to streamline our process, create realistic timelines and communication effectively with each other.

Workzone review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great project management tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use once you get the hang of it, constantly updating what it can do and evolves with us. Great customer service!

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging to use if you don't go into it often, like some of my users. You do have to stay on top of it or else you will have a sea of red!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would totally recommend WZ to others. Cost is reasonable and customer service is top notch

Manage all marketing projects to come into our office each year, approximately 1500

Workzone review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products
Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

"Excellent Organizational Tool "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use to view and track all projects in one space. So even if someone else worked on a project while I was out I am able to see what they did and pick up where they left off

What do you dislike?

The search features, I wish it was more extensive and easier to use. Also the expansion feature.

Timelines, ease of following a job from start to finish and being able to see it all at once

"Patience is a virtue"

What do you like best?

I like that it does keep the documents organized, and that we are able to copy projects and tasks.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes one wrong move can completely ruin your schedule, which seems to infuriate some people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient and find out how to make it work for you, this may mean altering your tasks, or starting over, but you will need to try different things to see what process works for you.

We use this for project management, and to keep our teams, which are mostly remote and in different offices across the world organized when it comes to delivery.

Workzone review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Fiddly but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

What I like best about WorkZone is the ability to have different boards for different projects and the ability to choose to see everything together or separately.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike that there is no mass time entry/deletion/moving/copying. If I have input several time entries on the wrong date, I have to delete them individually and re-add them to the correct date.

I use WorkZone to solve the problem of timekeeping and billing. It gives me the benefit of managing all of the projects I'm involved in at the same time and with some cohesiveness.

Workzone review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"One stop shop"

What do you like best?

I like how customizable it is. I can tailor it to the number of employees I have. I love that everything is stored on the cloud, making it super convenient to access.

What do you dislike?

It took a minute to get the hang of the software initially because I feel like there are so many features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, takes some time to get used to, but everything you need is in one program which makes project runs very smoothly.

Being able to break down bigger project into smaller tasks is nice. Tracks progress really well so I can see exactly where we are behind

Workzone review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Clean, Simple, Powerful"

What do you like best?

They just redesigned the interface and it feels so much nicer. I like that we can separate things into workspaces so people aren't stepping on each other's toes

What do you dislike?

password strength requirements, login/timeout, can't bulk copy tasks from one project to another

Recommendations to others considering the product

UNLIMITED TRAINING. They'll take the time to sit with even the least tech-savvy members of your team and teach them how to do stuff over and over.

Cross-departmental collaboration has been much better. It keeps people accountable for hitting their deadlines and shows them the impact of missing a deadline has on the next person.

Workzone review by Ronna W.
Ronna W.

"I has been okay I would like more functionality. "

What do you like best?

I like it better since the last update that happened. The drag and drop feature is great.

What do you dislike?

There are still a lot of items you can not do and the software is limited with editing and moving with the set ups of work spaces.

It helps keep projects on task for a lot of different groups being pulled in together.

Workzone review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Great tool for a large work volume"

What do you like best?

I love the reports, sort options, and how everything lives inside of the project.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could search for a word and have all projects with that word come up. I also wish that when you create a new project, that it takes you directly to that project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

continue to release updates

We are solving the problem of letting projects sit for too long without moving forward. We are also identifying whirlwinds easier.

Workzone review by Jeff H.
Jeff H.

"WorkZone keeps us on track"

What do you like best?

Easy and intuitive project management flow. Really keeps us on schedule, and keeps my team and others who need to know aware of status on our projects

What do you dislike?

The help functions could be stronger. Sometimes difficult to find the answer to a question.

Keeps projects on track, and keeps everyone informed.

Workzone review by Samantha A.
Samantha A.

"Organizational Bliss "

What do you like best?

- the ability to customize to our needs

- reporting especially the To Do List

What do you dislike?

- love the program , do not have any dislikes

- can easily prioritize

- communication in one place allows for all parties to be in the know

- tracking of edits is key

"Invaluable Tool"

What do you like best?

It helps keep our team on track and organized. We have increased efficiency as a whole and are able to report back to the organization meaningful results.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, but always looking for enhanced reporting features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an amazing project management tool, I love that we can customize it to fit our needs exactly!

We have become more efficient as a team and are able to provide meaningful results to the organization.

Workzone review by User in Information Technology and Services

"WorkZone works"

What do you like best?

We've been using WorkZone for time accounting for years and it's quite reliable.

What do you dislike?

Over the years, they've been less than responsive to support and enhancement requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it already does what you need 'cause they're slow to implement new features.

Time accounting, file sharing, review / approval workflows

Workzone review by User

"Great interface "

What do you like best?

Interface is great and super smooth

It’s fun able to see task that need to be done across the board

What do you dislike?

Have yet to find anything about the product that we don’t enjoy or like

Team mates able to see tasks across the board need to be done

Learn more about Workzone

Workzone Videos

Learning about Workzone?

* We monitor all Workzone reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.