Worldpay

Worldpay enables businesses of all sizes to accept payments securely and quickly to help them make the sale.

Work for Worldpay?
Springboard pos  2x

Learning about Worldpay?

Worldpay Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 13 Worldpay reviews
Worldpay review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

WorldPay in non-ecommerce application

What do you like best?

Initial setup was the thing I liked the most. The documentation on our first steps was pretty straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Well, a lot of small problems were caused by slightly different test environment. After we did a lot of payments through test and we tried prod some things like 3DS didn't work as they should've. Also documentation wasn't quite clear and didn't contain some of the items we needed to make it work with on-site checkouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion price/value ratio is pretty good. Basic setup is also quite simple, but if you are planning to make some more complicated stuff prepare to exchange a lot of emails saying that you've done something wrong and after not making any change it miraculously starts working. It's standard line of defense in their tech dept, but really isn't as bad as it sounds.

Cashflow that needed to be secured enough against scams that happened quite often.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Worldpay
Worldpay review by <span>Ezequiel F.</span>
Ezequiel F.

Very Interesting

What do you like best?

It accepts a lot of cards and is very easy to use it, totally recommended. It offers support to both, small and large companies.

What do you dislike?

About Worldpay I dislike two things, first it doesn't have so much documentation and demos to try it before. Also their webpage opens pop ups when you want to click on some hyperlink and it's very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recomended, you found a solid product for a very good price.

I had to implement electronics payment for some pymes. It works very nice, and for the owner of the business, it results very accessible about the price and easy to learn

What POS Retail solution do you use?

Worldpay review by <span>Andrew L.</span>
Andrew L.

Great customer service, robust API

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use in working with the API. It was easier than working with the PayPal Pro API.

What do you dislike?

When I used the product, the admin interface was a little clunky, but it looks like they've redone it recently.

We needed to be PCI compliant and process orders on our side by sending them to a PCI Compliant 3rd party service. Worldpay did that for us better than Paypal Pro.

Worldpay review by <span>James C.</span>
James C.

Nothing groundbreaking about WorldPay - more or less what you'd expect from a Bank

What do you like best?

WorldPay is available in New Zealand and integrates with ChargeBee (for subscription billing). This is pretty much the only reason I went with WorldPay.

If you're operating in another country though, you're probably better off going with someone like BrainTree or Stripe, since they'll be heaps cheaper and easier to setup. WorldPay were thorough and professional and their service is reliable... but then you could probably say the same for pretty much any of the payment providers.

What do you dislike?

The application process took forever (from start to finish, around 4 months). Don't expect to be up and running very quickly with these guys. They'll need documentation supporting the fact that your grandmother had a cat in 1972 and various other details that you might not see the relevance of (OK, maybe not the cat... but you get the idea).

I also didn't much appreciate the fact that I had to pay, just to make an application to become a WorldPay merchant (something in the order of NZ$480)... but that appears to be standard down under. SwipeHQ also charged me NZ$100 to make an application with them... after which they lost the copy of my passport no fewer than 3 times (the 4th time they asked me for it I gave up on them)... so I guess to WorldPay's credit, at least they came through in the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them if you have to...

My circumstances were a bit particular. I wanted a solution to charge customers for a New Zealand based SaaS company. So that I didn't have to write the code to do all the subscription management myself, I used ChargeBee and quite literally the only Payment Gateway in New Zealand that ChargeBee supported (at least when I set up early 2014) was WorldPay...

Worldpay review by <span>David A.</span>
David A.

A great tool used by many clients!

What do you like best?

Worldpay offers a good value payment gateway solution for many of our eCommerce customers using NetSuite and other platforms also. It is a modern retail ready platform.

What do you dislike?

The lack of integration to modern payment portals such as paypal and paypal business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always look at the volume related cost structure for any payment gateway provider, along with fixed costs and transactional costs/percentages. There are plenty of choices out there and you need to pick the correct solution to grow with you.

Full integration and communication from eCommerce through to NetSuite ERP.

Worldpay review by <span>Charles S.</span>
Charles S.

Pleasant

What do you like best?

The fact that I can accept payment from various cards globally.

What do you dislike?

Setting up a new account. The requirements and the process are a bit tasking

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it easier to create accounts and begin using from the word go.

A multi-nation, multi-language store catering for one product in multiple translation with local prices in each nation.

Learning about Worldpay?

* We monitor all Worldpay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.