WP Engine

WP Engine

Hassle-Free WordPress Hosting. WP Engine Offers the Best Fully-Managed WordPress Hosting Platform

Work for WP Engine?

Learning about WP Engine?

WP Engine Reviews

Ask WP Engine a Question
WP Engine review by <span>Jason M.</span>
Jason M.
Validated Review

Absolutely blow away by their service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

WP Engine has stellar customer service. As someone who works all hours, having 24/7 chat support was a HUGE selling point for me. Now, after a few months of service, I can say that their 24/7 support is simply amazing. There's never a wait time more than a few minutes and the support staff is always helpful.

What do you dislike?

SSL implementation can cause issues when added after launch, but the support staff is always quick to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Check out the others. Do your due diligence. Weigh the factors. Then, quit wasting time and sign up.

Since beginning with WP Engine, we have begun closing our accounts with all other hosting providers. As a WordPress consultant and WordPress design agency, we are blown away by the understanding of the content management system, as well as the level of support given.

We've also realized how great the uptime is with WP Engine. After running a test across other WordPress installations on other hosting providers, WP Engine blew the competition away. After 2 months, ALL WP Engine sites had 100% uptime! Nobody came close.

Showing 101 WP Engine reviews
WP Engine review by <span>Kyle M.</span>
Kyle M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that this is not a hosting platform that is difficult to use like GoDaddy or Network Solutions. The UI is great. There's a plugin for Wordpress that helps facilitate moving between a development domain and your live domain. Its portal is also easily accessible from your Wordpress install so you can do things like enable SSL, set up redirect rules, establish a staging environment and more. SSL comes with all packages and is easy to enable.

What do you dislike?

To write redirect rules, you have to use RegEx language, which can be tedious, but there's documentation to support it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you're using Wordpress as your CMS, this is the only option you should consider for web hosting. Know the difference between DNS hosting and web hosting before getting started with choosing a provider. Consult support and the sales team at WP Engine, they're really helpful.

We've been able to migrate our customers off of hard to use/risky platforms and move them to WPEngine easily. We solve 404 errors quickly, fix long server load times from hosts like GoDaddy, and help minimize the amount of user errors on web development by utilize the staging environment that is easy to setup. It's also very easy to stand up an old version of your site on a development domain.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WP Engine
WP Engine review by <span>Seth P.</span>
Seth P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

What don't I like? First, migrating sites to WP Engine could not be easier. Managing my sites is so easy. Backing up and restoring my site is easy. Setting up SSL is easy. All of these things are so much harder on all other web hosting platforms I have worked with.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more tiers for accounts. jumping from 1 site for $30 to 10 sites for $100 is big, it would be good to see something in-between. It would also be nice to add more storage to your account without going to the next tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run your websites mainly on Wordpress then definitely make the jump. It is more expensive than many other hosting providers but the amount of time you save with all the tools in WP Engine that are so easy and quick to use it is worth the extra money for the hosting.

I am reducing the time I need to manage my Wordpress installs greatly with WP Engine. What takes me a minute or two with WP Engine would have taken me up towards an hour or sometimes more with the other hosting platforms I have used.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

WP Engine review by <span>Kevin G.</span>
Kevin G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

There is a lot to like about WPEngine, but I think their support team is the best. They are friendly, knowledgeable, quick, and thorough. They take the time to help but also to make sure I understand the technical aspects of the issue at hand. Their security is top notch, too. In the years we've been hosting with them, we've never had any hacks, breaches, or any security issues.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much of anything to dislike. I do wish they had some better entry-level pricing options, but other than that, I can't complain about the quality of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This space is pretty crowded. There are good options from Flywheel, Pagely, Kinsta, and others. WPEngine sits at the intersection of good pricing with good features, making it a great value when compared with the others.

WPEngine keeps me from worrying about the security of my website. Their support staff keeps me from spending unnecessary time troubleshooting issues. Website uptime is exceptional.

WP Engine review by <span>Nik L.</span>
Nik L.

Perfect for Freelancing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best thing about WP Engine is how easy they make everything. If you need a staging environment - boom - there you go. If you need a CDN set up - boom - there you go. If you need SSL - boom - you get it. Also the live chat support is amazing!

What do you dislike?

The pricing may seem initially a little high with what you can usually find at other places in regards to basic hosting, the pricing tiers are annoying too. Basic at $30 and the next level is $100...kind of a leap...

Also..setting up the domain mapping is a bit of a headache as the DNS records seem to take longer than normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into pantheon.io as well. I haven't used it but I've heard good reviews about them as well. Pricing is the same so I'm not going to switch, pantheon does Drupal hosting as well if you need your agency to be more flexible.

As a freelance business owner I relay on the ability to set up quick SECURE staging environments and deploy sites quickly to my clients servers. Super easy to get things done with just pushing buttons. Also, if I have any tricky server questions the live support team is available even at 3am in the morning.

WP Engine review by <span>James F.</span>
James F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that it's the closest you can come to a managed site without it actually being managed, It's great knowing that you don't have to remember to keep up with updates as they are done automatically,, backups are regular and included in the price along with image optimization for speed. Support is great too.

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive for Wordpress hosting, also their basic plans are 1 site or 10 sites and with the 1 site plan you can't do multi-sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The 10 site plan really is the better plan if you run multiple sites, you can also run multi-sites within this plan. Setup is a bit hard especially if you are using 1on1 for domains but they prove support for all of this. Once setup running it is a dream, require hardly any regular maintenance as they cover all of this.

We needed a solution that was secure and backups and covered updates. Our webs team is part-time so we often don't remember to keep our sites up-to-date so knowing that this is covered is great.

WP Engine review by <span>Sean A.</span>
Sean A.
Validated Review

Reliable hosting, well worth it.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Their systems and support are the best business-grade solutions for Wordpress hosting I have experienced. Great tools like Git integration, backups, and user management allows a professional agency or larger company really do what they need to do for their websites.

What do you dislike?

They can be a little costly I feel. That is really the only thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just consider the dedicated server. You will be able to control things better and customize more specifically for your website needs.

We use WP Engine for our hosting solution. They have been great with supporting our Wordpress instances. It has allowed us to focus on our design and development and less about servers and systems. It has really allowed our marketing department scale and be more agile.

Learn more about WP Engine

WP Engine Videos

Learning about WP Engine?

* We monitor all WP Engine reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.