WP Engine

WP Engine

4.7

Hassle-Free WordPress Hosting. WP Engine Offers the Best Fully-Managed WordPress Hosting Platform

Work for WP Engine?

Learning about WP Engine?

WP Engine Reviews

Ask WP Engine a Question
WP Engine review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Absolutely blow away by their service"

What do you like best?

WP Engine has stellar customer service. As someone who works all hours, having 24/7 chat support was a HUGE selling point for me. Now, after a few months of service, I can say that their 24/7 support is simply amazing. There's never a wait time more than a few minutes and the support staff is always helpful.

What do you dislike?

SSL implementation can cause issues when added after launch, but the support staff is always quick to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Check out the others. Do your due diligence. Weigh the factors. Then, quit wasting time and sign up.

Since beginning with WP Engine, we have begun closing our accounts with all other hosting providers. As a WordPress consultant and WordPress design agency, we are blown away by the understanding of the content management system, as well as the level of support given.

We've also realized how great the uptime is with WP Engine. After running a test across other WordPress installations on other hosting providers, WP Engine blew the competition away. After 2 months, ALL WP Engine sites had 100% uptime! Nobody came close.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WP Engine
Showing 112 WP Engine reviews
WP Engine review by Jared M.
Jared M.

"WP Engine has changed the way we do the web for our business and clients"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is a great product for managing website consolidation, quick M&A turnaround and new properties that you need stood up quick. It also makes it seamless for internal and 3rd party development with good staging and production flows to roll things up and down as needed.

What do you dislike?

Most of the items I have had suggestions for improvement for over the past couple of years have been implemented on the administrative and support side, so no complaints here!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on how many properties you are going to manage investigate going dedicated vs. shared as there are benefits to both sides with the biggest consequence mainly being you will share resources with other shared tenants (and at times it could be not speedy). We elected to go dedicated and have never had a single problem with in 2.5+ years. Also, when pricing your enterprise tier do your homework on how many sites you need now and how many you will need so you do not overestimate your initial first year of your dedicated instance.

Reduced # of CMS to support, providing single pane of glass for managing and administering platform, delivering marketing faster time to market on website instance stand-up. Benefits are type 1 ROI on license savings from moving from other platforms and reduction in cycle time of time to market of delivering an available website for editing. Other benefits are providing great ease of use in WordPress and freeing up internal IT resources from day-to-day management of wordpress.org properties.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WP Engine
WP Engine review by ★ STACI J.
★ STACI J.

"Ideal Server Setup for WordPress Websites"

What do you like best?

We use WP Engine as our WordPress server. We know that there is requirements for each website that is setup and it helps to keep the WordPress websites running as fast as possible.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is honestly nothing to say as an item to be disliked. All in all, WP Engine has a certain way that they are running the server for the WordPress websites that we run on the system and we've found that it helps to keep all the sites we host on the server to run that must faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands down, if a client is running their WordPress website on something other than WP Engine, you might want to do a comparison and really determine if that is the best choice for you.

Previously we had websites running on another server that ran into DDOS attacks at the time. When this was happening, we looked for a new server to get our sites moved over too so they could be up and running. We like how WP Engine is powering their servers as it helps us to report to our clients with just about each month with 100% up time. Keeps our clients happy and us.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

WP Engine review by Ivelina D.
Ivelina D.

"The Best Managed WordPress Hosting Ever!"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is the best choice for hosting your WordPress website! They offer so many great tools for your website - from migrating, to automated backups, free SSL certificate, levels of security...support is 24/7, the staff is super knowledgeable and helpful, going above & beyond!

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this company! I have used them for about 3 1/2 years now, and it just keeps getting better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a WordPress website, don't even consider hosting it anywhere else but WP Engine. It is all well worth it! A few clients have had their websites compromised in the past, while using other hosting companies - it was a nightmare to deal with those issues. Ever since those clients switched to WP Engine, we can all relax and have a peace of mind because of the level of security and excellent support WP Engine provides!

Website backups, website security, managed WordPress, easy WordPress website migration, easy user portal navigation, chat available 24/7 for any issues, easy SSL certificate setup, excellent support

WP Engine review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Extremely Reliable and Useful Wordpress Hosting"

What do you like best?

I like that this is not a hosting platform that is difficult to use like GoDaddy or Network Solutions. The UI is great. There's a plugin for Wordpress that helps facilitate moving between a development domain and your live domain. Its portal is also easily accessible from your Wordpress install so you can do things like enable SSL, set up redirect rules, establish a staging environment and more. SSL comes with all packages and is easy to enable.

What do you dislike?

To write redirect rules, you have to use RegEx language, which can be tedious, but there's documentation to support it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you're using Wordpress as your CMS, this is the only option you should consider for web hosting. Know the difference between DNS hosting and web hosting before getting started with choosing a provider. Consult support and the sales team at WP Engine, they're really helpful.

We've been able to migrate our customers off of hard to use/risky platforms and move them to WPEngine easily. We solve 404 errors quickly, fix long server load times from hosts like GoDaddy, and help minimize the amount of user errors on web development by utilize the staging environment that is easy to setup. It's also very easy to stand up an old version of your site on a development domain.

WP Engine review by Seth P.
Seth P.

"WP Engine has great features and amazing customer support"

What do you like best?

What don't I like? First, migrating sites to WP Engine could not be easier. Managing my sites is so easy. Backing up and restoring my site is easy. Setting up SSL is easy. All of these things are so much harder on all other web hosting platforms I have worked with.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more tiers for accounts. jumping from 1 site for $30 to 10 sites for $100 is big, it would be good to see something in-between. It would also be nice to add more storage to your account without going to the next tier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run your websites mainly on Wordpress then definitely make the jump. It is more expensive than many other hosting providers but the amount of time you save with all the tools in WP Engine that are so easy and quick to use it is worth the extra money for the hosting.

I am reducing the time I need to manage my Wordpress installs greatly with WP Engine. What takes me a minute or two with WP Engine would have taken me up towards an hour or sometimes more with the other hosting platforms I have used.

WP Engine review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"WPEngine for WordPress Hosting Hits the Sweet Spot"

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like about WPEngine, but I think their support team is the best. They are friendly, knowledgeable, quick, and thorough. They take the time to help but also to make sure I understand the technical aspects of the issue at hand. Their security is top notch, too. In the years we've been hosting with them, we've never had any hacks, breaches, or any security issues.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much of anything to dislike. I do wish they had some better entry-level pricing options, but other than that, I can't complain about the quality of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This space is pretty crowded. There are good options from Flywheel, Pagely, Kinsta, and others. WPEngine sits at the intersection of good pricing with good features, making it a great value when compared with the others.

WPEngine keeps me from worrying about the security of my website. Their support staff keeps me from spending unnecessary time troubleshooting issues. Website uptime is exceptional.

WP Engine review by doug l.
doug l.

"Poor customer service, Expensive: exceedingly poor value."

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use. The salespeople trying to sell me their product were very polite, if not very knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

Support staff are arrogant, generally not knowledgeable, and have a tendency to rely on excuses and scapegoating.

Customer and/or tech support was never live. Instead, relying upon a ticket system and an antiquated back and forth email communication structure....is this 1996?

WP provide the kind of customer service that I've come to expect from shared hosting platforms that cost 10% what WP charges. Thus, the service is EXPENSIVE, and the value is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its expensive. The value is poor.

If you're really small, and price is no object, then fine.

If you want a good value, good customer service, and a no-excuses attitude about tech support, DON'T CHOOSE WP ENGINE.

Once upon a time, WP had a product that was unique. Now everybody offers the same product; most cheaper, most better. Better in terms of the value and the customer support, both of which are poor with WP.

WP technology is no longer novel, with alternatives currently available that exceed the offerings of WP Engine, with the added advantage of LIVE customer support.

With WP, tech support is no more than a few email exchanges and a day or two away. Did that sound acceptable? Then maybe WP is for you. For those who like to fix their problems immediately, without excuses or scapegoating, DON'T choose WP.

Their service is comparatively expensive...meaning their value is poor. Their service agents are arrogant, and negative feedback will cause them to non-stop email you in an attempt to compensate for the poor service their company offers.

Lastly the "speed" they offer you is a pipedream. My site had a D rating for speed, despite having paid extra for their apparently useless CDN software. I was advised to add a plugin. Couldn't I have done that on a shared server? Did I really need to pay a premium price for 18 months for you to tell me the speed I was paying for was ultimately determined by a 3rd party plugin?!

As I started to see the poor value that I was getting from WP, I asked them to outline what exactly I was getting from WP. What I discovered is that they do not manage anything at all. In fact, they don't even do DNS. (You'll have to get your DNS from a third-party.) They’ll keep your WordPress software updated, and keep a daily backup of your site. But that is it. For what they charge, I'd assume they would offer services that are beyond what the free plugins would accomplish. Guess I was mistaken.

When directly confronted with WHAT they had actually done for me, they balked. I requested, in writing, a rundown of the services they offered. He copied the text from their webpage into an email. Clearly, he had no respect for me…or apparently customers of WP in general.

Lastly, the same web development professional that introduced me to WP acknowledged that the company has gone downhill significantly as it pertained to customer service in the time I'd been with them. (Going on two years). That same web development professional recommended I get the same product for less money at any number of outlets.

So let's see, WP is comparatively expensive and a notably poor value. WP’s customer service is somewhere between poor and none. WP doesn't live up to hype or expectations that they themselves promoted. And everything they offer is available from their competitors for equal or less money. In short, there’s no longer anything special about WP…except its poor value.

WP Engine review by Nik L.
Nik L.

"Perfect for Freelancing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about WP Engine is how easy they make everything. If you need a staging environment - boom - there you go. If you need a CDN set up - boom - there you go. If you need SSL - boom - you get it. Also the live chat support is amazing!

What do you dislike?

The pricing may seem initially a little high with what you can usually find at other places in regards to basic hosting, the pricing tiers are annoying too. Basic at $30 and the next level is $100...kind of a leap...

Also..setting up the domain mapping is a bit of a headache as the DNS records seem to take longer than normal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into pantheon.io as well. I haven't used it but I've heard good reviews about them as well. Pricing is the same so I'm not going to switch, pantheon does Drupal hosting as well if you need your agency to be more flexible.

As a freelance business owner I relay on the ability to set up quick SECURE staging environments and deploy sites quickly to my clients servers. Super easy to get things done with just pushing buttons. Also, if I have any tricky server questions the live support team is available even at 3am in the morning.

WP Engine review by James F.
James F.

"We love the additional security and backups they provide"

What do you like best?

I love that it's the closest you can come to a managed site without it actually being managed, It's great knowing that you don't have to remember to keep up with updates as they are done automatically,, backups are regular and included in the price along with image optimization for speed. Support is great too.

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive for Wordpress hosting, also their basic plans are 1 site or 10 sites and with the 1 site plan you can't do multi-sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The 10 site plan really is the better plan if you run multiple sites, you can also run multi-sites within this plan. Setup is a bit hard especially if you are using 1on1 for domains but they prove support for all of this. Once setup running it is a dream, require hardly any regular maintenance as they cover all of this.

We needed a solution that was secure and backups and covered updates. Our webs team is part-time so we often don't remember to keep our sites up-to-date so knowing that this is covered is great.

WP Engine review by Collin B.
Collin B.

"Best professional hosting for Wordpress"

What do you like best?

WP Engine support and backend is the best I've ever had to use. They're UX is and Cpanel are clear and modern. The 24 hour chat support and phone support is staffed by technical people and i haven't had an issue yet. Deploying sites and creating staging environment is super fast.

What do you dislike?

very little is wrong with WPengine. Sometimes it can be a bother to not have the customization of adding on extra thinks (like a client portal built outside of WP) but thats extremely small and rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wp engine is fantastic if all your needs are met within the wordpress ecosystem. otherwise it can be challenging to find work arounds.

WpEngine has a no worry solution for automatic backups and free SSL is great for $30/month. They scale to our needs as well so we never have to worry about being throttled if we get a lot of press. and at $1 for every 1000 visitors over your quote, hits one of the cheapest solutions

WP Engine review by Sean A.
Sean A.

"Reliable hosting, well worth it. "

What do you like best?

Their systems and support are the best business-grade solutions for Wordpress hosting I have experienced. Great tools like Git integration, backups, and user management allows a professional agency or larger company really do what they need to do for their websites.

What do you dislike?

They can be a little costly I feel. That is really the only thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just consider the dedicated server. You will be able to control things better and customize more specifically for your website needs.

We use WP Engine for our hosting solution. They have been great with supporting our Wordpress instances. It has allowed us to focus on our design and development and less about servers and systems. It has really allowed our marketing department scale and be more agile.

WP Engine review by Francis R.
Francis R.

"Does much of the heavy lifting"

What do you like best?

There is a CDN built right in for faster performance. The features the come with the hosting are fantastic and very useful. The chat support is always easy to reach and super helpful. This platform is fast and secure, which are critical when choosing a web host.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to add more storage to your account without going to the next level. Adding SSL support can cause issues when at some point after installing it. Otherwise, not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty much any company can use the security, quickness and reliability that WP Engine gives you. The the monthly cost should be reasonably within most budgets for small business. It works for us!

Our team doesn't need to make extra effort to back up or keep our WP Engine software updated. Needed stable, fast and secure hosting. We have closed our accounts with all other hosting providers.

WP Engine review by Oscar S.
Oscar S.

"The best managed WordPress hosting platform I have come accross"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about WP Engine is that they have excellent support. I've used them for over 2 years in a corporate website setting and they have never let me down. They make my job a lot easier and the price point is more than affordable.

I also like their daily backups, system for creating FTP accounts, and easy-as-pie process for adding certs to the site (you call them and they do it for you).

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about WPEngine. If I were to stretch for a criticism, i would have to say that they could do a better job marketing themselves. I've seen a lot of review sites that don't include them when they should be at the top of the list. I would think that there is room for some differentiation with regard to product offering as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though WP is the most popular WCMS by far, worldwide, some professional organizations are still hesitant to use it for their primary web presence. WP Engine alleviates the anxiety associated with doing this. I would recommend most businesses to give it a try considering to price of entry (which is pretty low).

There was a time when an organization needed a back-end web developer and/or system administrator to ensure that all web systems ran properly. With WP Engine that is no longer the case. I have found that the combination of a WordPress CMS and WP Engine enables front-end only administration in most cases.

WP Engine review by Hannah W.
Hannah W.

"The best WordPress host"

What do you like best?

After many years of trying a variety of hosts for WordPress sites (and a lot of problems), I am relieved to have found WP Engine. It is dead simple to use and ideal for anyone hosting WordPress websites.

Not only is the speed amazing, but they specialize in Wordpress, eliminating a lot of common problems when setting up installations. Oh, and the support is quick to respond and highly skilled/technical. I've spoken to support I believe two times total, and every time they were quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most frugal of solutions, but it's not crazy either. Let's just say I have tried many hosts, and with WP Engine, you get what you pay for. The reward is high-quality dedicated hosting and superb support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a specialized WordPress host, these guys have a good reputation for a reason. You get what you pay for, and you can always expect quality.

WP Engine makes WordPress sites lightning fast. The regular backups are nice, and I never run into any issues with installation or plugins.

WP Engine review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Awesome for hosting your WordPress website"

What do you like best?

I love having a staging site so I can work on website changes and test them before pushing live. I also love having the ability to not only back up our live site, but also our staging site. This comes in handy especially when I'm updating plugins and may not be 100% sure they will work properly after making the updates. The products and services provided are well worth the $99/month we pay.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of! I've had a couple of instances where the support techs weren't as helpful as they could have been, but overall I love WP Engine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know someone with some IT experience who can make sure you're taking advantage of all the tools WP Engine offers, like cache purging.

We needed a better way to host our website and someone recommended WP Engine to us. WP Engine makes it so easy to create 301 redirects, back up our site so we don't lose anything valuable, and now they offer free SSL certificates! Score!

WP Engine review by Gary G.
Gary G.

"Pricey, but well worth it for the right site/client"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is stable, fast and secure - which arguably are the three most important attributes in picking a hosting provider.

What do you dislike?

In order to achieve that stable, fast and secure environment, they do limit site owners from installing certain plugins that WPE determines will place an undue strain or weakness on their system. These are not fringe plugins, but mainstream plugins like UpdraftPlus.

It is vital before initiating a migration to WPE or starting a new site, that you confirm plugins or other site features are allowed on the WPE platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your site needs the security, reliability and speed that WP Engine provides, and the monthly fee is within your budget, by all means go for it - provided that your plugins and other web services are allowed on the WP Engine platform - as some high profile plugins aren't.

Needed stable, fast and secure hosting. Got all three.

WP Engine review by Jeffrey C.
Jeffrey C.

"The Best Wordpress Hosting Solution"

What do you like best?

It doesnt get better than wpengine when youre looking to host your wordpress website. They make it easy to access all of your files, set up your website, and take care of all of your plugins.

What do you dislike?

I dont really have anything that stands out to me about disliking wpengine but the only thing I wish that we had access to was the files in the backend, being able to go through a file tree and see all of the wp-content and other files would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be in your budget to go with WP Engine and I would say DO IT. Going through other hosting providers is just messy and annoying to have to deal with, but WPEngine really is the best and easiest solution out there.

We built a wordpress website for a client and using wpengine made it as easy as signing up, purchasing a plan, and setting it up within an afternoon of talking back and forth with our client.

WP Engine review by Natalie P.
Natalie P.

"Excellent Wordpress Hosting Solution!"

What do you like best?

I love that WP Engine has 24 hour customer support. I especially love that I can work on a site any time of day and have some one to chat with whenever I need it! They also help me with issues that are not even related to them!

What do you dislike?

The price is a little steep but very much worth it. It would be nice if you were to add installs as you need them. They allow you 10 installs and the next package jumps to 25 installs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to take all the worries and troubles out of your website hosting, this is the company for you! They take complete care of your site so you don't have to stress about it. I don't have to worry about spammers and viruses invading my sites. Customer support rocks. I love that the employees are so nice and go above and beyond to solve any issues you may have.

I am able to manage websites for my clients on a safe server. WP Engine can also fix any problem that may arise any time of the day and you don't have to wait hours!

WP Engine review by User

"Really helps to maximize your WordPress website's performance"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is great because they are dedicated to hosting specifically for WordPress websites. With the abundance of issues that could arise from your WP install, from connectivity problems to server compatibility, WP Engine takes away much of the stress from fine tuning your WordPress install so that you can focus more on your content and business. They have a detailed dashboard that keeps you updated on your latest visits and other performance data.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is generally much higher than standard hosting plans. For larger websites, the costs can get very high if you have increasingly more website visitors. Some of the information involved with setting up and maintaining your website through WP Engine can be confusing for some beginners or those not acquainted with the basics of WordPress websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest you analyze your website's performance on your existing host as much as possible to see if the move to WP Engine would give you much value. Though it is generally a great service and should allow your WordPress site to perform better, the upgrade might not be noticeable for simple websites.

WP Engine lets our team worry less about the technical details of our WordPress websites. They have updated server software, like PHP, and highly informed support team that can guide you through performance issues to maximize loading times. We can use our WP Engine websites to create landing pages that display information about services, events, news and promotions.

WP Engine review by User

"An awesome platform for efficient WordPress website performance"

What do you like best?

I think the best about WP Engine is that optimizes the performance of our WordPress websites. Using WP Engine has been surprisingly easy. In my opinion, WordPress is typically complex for the average person to implement, so I expected a WordPress hosting platform to be complicated to use. However, the user portal's interface was straightforward and provides us with many tools to help us optimize performance and shows us data about visitors, storage and bandwidth usage.

What do you dislike?

Though I find WP Engine to be a solid performer compared to other hosting companies, I think the pricing is rather high compared to the average hosting company package. For very basic WordPress installs, there probably won't be a noticeable difference in performance. Also, though the customer service is generally helpful overall, they are often limited in the amount of help they can give you about particular website issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a WordPress website that has a large amount of auxiliary code attached or uses a complex database, WP Engine can likely improve the overall performance of your web pages and facilitate a more pleasant user experience for your visitors. It can also allow you to focus more on your business, rather than keeping up with technical maintenance issues.

WP Engine has given us a ton of piece of mind when it comes to our websites and landing pages. WordPress is constantly changing environment with hackers on the prowl to exploit and holes in the system, so having WP Engine's security features in place has been great for uptime and keeping our WordPress assets accessible to our visitors. Also, WP Engine allows us to not have to focus on changing WP standards or server requirements. We can focus more on the content of our websites.

WP Engine review by Cortney M.
Cortney M.

"Very Happy With Our Move to WP Engine!"

What do you like best?

Working with the friendly and knowledgeable technicians. Help is always a quick chat away!

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing that we've found to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're moving over from another hosting provider, the migration process couldn't be easier. If you do have any snags in the beginning or along the way, their chat feature is super responsive and the techs are always able to help out. I feel they go above and beyond expectations.

We love working with a company that is specific to the WordPress platform. This is primarily what we use for our web clients, so it helps to work with a company that's so focused on doing that really well.

WP Engine review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"WP Engine is one of the best hostings for a Managed Wordpress Solution"

What do you like best?

WP Engine makes managing hosting for a wordpress website super easily. They provide a top notch hosting environment for hosting wordpress. Installation is one click and they offer an easy to use staging area, which most hosting of this price range does not. Moving from a staging to live area is as easy as a few clicks using their web interface. Rollbacks are equally easy to accomplished, and a feature I have had to use a few times when updates did not go as planned.

What do you dislike?

Being a managed Wordpress hosting environment there are some limitations. They turn off revisions history by default, which for some people can be more then problematic. Some plugins also dont work well in their environment and they expressly tell you which ones wont and that they will be deactivated if installed. Really minor details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WP Engine might cost more then your basic shared hosting plan but is a much better product. For a bit more a month you get real auto backups and a staging server. You can also produce on the fly backups with a click, something lower end hosts dont have.

WP Engine helps me solve the issue of limiting hours required for routine tasks. WP Engines auto backs and rollbacks allow to not have to spend time making tedious backups and setting up staging servers, which has greatly freed up time. I am able to focus on development and rollout of sites instead of maintenance taks.

WP Engine review by Ane L.
Ane L.

"Review of working with WP Engine"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to get in touch with someone whenever I need help, and they're incredibly knowledgeable. They've also made suggestions and given me tips to improve my page speed and security, which in turn has helped me improve my SEO efforts and traffic.

What do you dislike?

honestly I can't think of anything off the top of my head

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for; I believe in paying a little bit more for hosting to ensure that my site is secure and improved.

The benefits I've realized is faster loading times on my website, which is incredibly important for SEO and for keeping people on your website. As a blogger, I need to try to get people to stay on my website and check out other blog posts.

WP Engine review by Josh P.
Josh P.

"Powerful, secure, and excellent for running my agency and hosting my clients with"

What do you like best?

Top feature is being able to have my template site with all of my settings, base code, etc. all ready to go. And can create new sites for new clients directly from that template site in one click. Such a time-saver right from the beginning.

I can also upgrade to my own server and host all my clients on their super convenient platform with quick ways to manage their sites, restore sites, deploy back and forth from a staging site for each client, and most importantly never worry about security of my client's sites because it is so tight and always backed up with quick restore points. And then the speed enhancements like CDN and server cache are great as well.

Support has always been very responsive and helpful with any needs as well.

What do you dislike?

They do disallow a few plugins due to performance degredation and/or security, but I prefer faster, more secure sites so haven't had any really problems with it. Also wish I had a way to set up my own cacheing exceptions. Currently support has to take care of adding those.

I think I touched on it already. But systemetizing new site setup for new clients (by duplicating template sites) and easily manage many client's sites are big ones.

Also the reason I originally looked at it was the security. That is my original top concern considering the issues on other hosting providers I've been with.

WP Engine review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"Always amazing service and support"

What do you like best?

WPE is there to help, whenever needed, and always gets any issue I have resolved quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

The mandatory cache while in development can cause some issues. The cost can be a hard sell for clients who only look at dollars. But see below.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for wordpress hosting, IMO they are the best. They cost more, compared to cheap hosts, but, the time and money saved with the build-in features alone will more than make up for the cost difference.

I maintain and work on a lot of wordpress sites. WPE offers the best managed hosting I have used, which keeps wordpress secure yet still fully functional. The benefits of this are time and money saved for my clients, time and money not spent, say, unhacking a site, or, manually reinstalling WP or reverting to older versions. WPE has saved me many hours, and my clients literally (at least) hundreds of dollars just this year alone.

WP Engine review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Without question, the best WordPress host on the market today"

What do you like best?

WordPress is everywhere for good reason — it works, and it's easy for anyone to get started. But anyone who has used WordPress at a enterprise level knows it also comes with many limitations.

Thankfully, WordPress seems to be 'growing up', and WP Engine is right on the cutting edge of this effort. Top-notch support (both live chat and phone) by engineers who actually know what they're doing, developer-grade tools like git access and automated staging deployments, and of course bullet-proof infrastructure with regular updates.

I have used WordPress on both standard servers and other 'Managed' hosts. WP Engine has always come out at the top, and I now bring any new projects here by default.

What do you dislike?

I appreciate that blacklisted plugins exist to keep the platform healthy, but for this price I expect some degree of leeway (and a better process for reconsideration when plugins are updated).

The default caching configuration is generally sensible, but some especially advanced implementations will require working with the support team since there are no user-level configuration options.

Headache-free hosting for various web properties. We don't have to spend time thinking about infrastructure and security.

WP Engine review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Simple powerful hosting for amazing security for your WordPress creations"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use and security which we use daily, issues can be rolled back instantly and new designs and development can be worked on in staging before deployment.

New deployments are quick and easy to release and all options are right there in the dash like php My Admin.

What do you dislike?

The cost is higher than other solutions but this is something which we sell to our clients as a premium product. We sometimes find caching issues on some sites where we have to keep purging the cache to ensure changes are revealed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking to host your WordPress website WP Engine gives you the confidence that your creation is going to be safe and secure. With daily backups, instant roll back and staging sites this hosting supplier truly is the only supplier to consider.

My previous hosting was on a virtual server which I managed via Plesk which was time consuming and at times difficult to manage. Back ups are daily with WP Engine along with the use of staging which we use to test new creation before deployment.

WP Engine review by Nathan S.
Nathan S.

"My day job is in marketing communications; I freelance for small clients developing custom themes"

What do you like best?

Stellar service. Not only do they explain the issue and how it's resolved, but they actually do it for you in many cases. I have yet to get support like this from any company of any kind. Support usually answers quickly and follow up when necessary. Aside from the support, the platform is just snappy. I have noticed a big difference when switching sites to WPengine. Even though I'm a relatively small fry, their service treats me like VIP.

What do you dislike?

Only thing is LiveChat wait time during peak hours is creeping a bit longer, but this is obviously a sign pointing towards an uptick in business. That uptick is because WPengine is a great company to work with and rely on for critical hosting needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As of 4/2017, WPENGINE provides excellent hosting, is regularly introducing new and useful features, and it's all backed with stellar support. Whether you're a small fish or a huge company, WPENGINE always seems to deliver VIP-level product and support. Very High Quality.

Excellent support, which mitigates any issues or downtime as quickly as possible. I never feel like I'm put on the back burner, and this makes me look great for my clients. Also, when sites respond and load quickly, it saves me precious time that I'm able to put out other fires with.

WP Engine review by Matthew H.
Matthew H.

"Taking the hassle out of WordPress hosting"

What do you like best?

Having sites hosted with WP Engine means that I have no worries now when it comes to updates to WordPress. Where as before I had to go through time consuming backup processes before making updates now it's just a simple click and done. Any problems and it's undone in seconds.

Another major plus point for the system is the ability to setup as many development sites as we want without this impacting on our billing. This way we can proof of concept various sites to clients before committing to a new package with WP Engine.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the incremental pricing structure currently, but this is nothing major as we would be looking to upgrade to a higher package in the future to help with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was hesitant at the price of WP Engine to start with as it is much more that if you were going to a normal shared hosting provider. But I would not host a WordPress site anywhere else now. The whole process of setup, migration and administration is so simple but so powerful that you will never look back.

For us one of the major benefits is being able to have confidence that "if" there is a problem, that WP Engine will fix it swiftly for us. We have had a couple of issues (with updates) that the support staff have fixed with no fuss.

One big benefit for us is the saving in time we now get with the system. Previously things like a new deployment / migrating a site / updating WordPress / setting up a development site - these all took large amounts of time to implement. But now we can do all of these actions in a few clicks with confidence that the system is going to work for us.

WP Engine review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"WPEngine What a Great Hosting Partner!"

What do you like best?

The first thing I love about WPEngine is that they handle the hosting, I handle the development and design, and don't have to mess much with the hosting. We are not a hosting company nor do we want to be. WPEngine has been a Great Hosting Partner.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to run into anything I don't like, not to say there is not something that will come up, but as of yet with a little over a year, I have yet to run into whatever it may be. Not to say I have not broken stuff :) but they are always there via phone or chat to fix it. The support reps are nice, they speak plain English and very knowledgeable about WordPress and their own Hosting platform. They have helped me with DNS and Domain issues too in the past with other hosting support they have told me to contact CloudFlare, or my domain registrar. But WPEngine staff help me get it fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IF you are looking for a hosting partner, someone who can handle all of your hosting needs and work seamlessly with you to provide a great overall service to your clients, then you are looking at the right company. They have been very helpful to our company and made changes to their process from recommendations that we have provided. WPENgine seems to really care about providing the best customer experience for us and our clients.

The first thing that I already mentioned is that we are not a hosting company. We want our customers to have fast reliable hosting, but we do not want to put countless hours of non-billable hours into fixing any hosting issues that may come up. I handed this headache over to WPEnginge a while ago and I am happy to have a full team of professionals to handle that for my clients.

WP Engine review by Raymond S.
Raymond S.

"WP Engine is hands-down the best place to host a WordPress site"

What do you like best?

WP Engine's managed hosting environment is by far the best way to host a WordPress site. We build and manage many websites for a wide variety of clients. When a particular client or website demands the best possible performance and security, we put them on WP Engine. Besides unmatched site performance, WP Engine's host of features makes our work as designers, developers, and webmasters very easy. We love and make frequent use of their git push, free SSL certificates, htaccess site security, domain management, and more, all of which is very easy to use through their online portal. These tools are a key part of our workflow. And on top of all of this, their customer service is phenomenal. They answer quickly and their support representatives are very knowledgable, even about highly technical topics. In the rare case they do not know something, they quickly get a technician involved. The few issues that we have had have been resolved quickly and easily. WP Engine offers enterprise-grade performance and service at incredibly reasonable and accessible prices. We love WP Engine!

What do you dislike?

We really have nothing negative to say about WP Engine. If I had to come up with something, I would say that sometimes their list of disallowed plugins prevents us from using plugins we would like to use, however overall we agree with their list of disallowed plugins and it really helps prevent reckless WordPress configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having performance issues with a Wordpress site, WP Engine will take all the headache out of site optimization and solve many of your problems instantly.

WP Engine helps us solve a variety of business problems for our even wider variety of clients. Usually the key reason for migrating a client's site to WP Engine is site performance: A WP Engine site is blazingly fast. Our clients (and us) also love the security and daily backups. And their other tools and features make our development workflow seamless and efficient (the git push is great!).

WP Engine review by Jack S.
Jack S.

"Delivers turnkey hosting that our clients need."

What do you like best?

WP Engine's focus has allowed them to fine-tune the experience of hosting a WP site. Having used many hosts, WP Engine is the most simple and most reliable. We want our sites to "just work", and WP Engine is the first to make that happen. There's definitely a philosophy behind WP Engine which just doesn't really exist with other hosts. We appreciate their vision. WP Engine is an active WP community member which shows their broader quest to drive WP forward.

What do you dislike?

Some developers might see WP Engine's platform limiting as you don't get a "server", so there isn't any CLI or non-LAMP support. For us, this focus and minimalism is actually what makes WP Engine great, but they might not be for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WP Engine comes in at a higher cost per install than many other hosts, but you get what you pay for. Their unrelenting quest to improve their platform, amazing support, and consistent quality beats out others.

WP Engine has allowed us to incorporate hosting as a core component of business. We actually REQUIRE clients host with us because we want the best experience for them and know that WP Engine will deliver that. We've driven revenue and phenomenal client experiences with this approach.

WP Engine review by Bret W.
Bret W.

"Excellent Service and Support"

What do you like best?

The automated migration tool makes moving any site over to WP Engine easy as cake. Just install the plugin, follow the step by step instructions and your site is migrated in just a few minutes! And I can use that time to do other things now.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see what sites have available updates to installed plugins, and the ability to keep notes on a client. We've already converted to WP Engine, but this would save us from needing to keep these notes some where else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WP Engine will not be a waste of money or time, between their amazing and helpful support team and the ease of setting up and launching a new site, I have never been happier with a hosting provider.

Sites built on WP Engine are significantly faster than the sites we had previously been building on our old hosting provider. Add to that the additional security that WP Engine offers in protecting your site from brute force attacks

WP Engine review by Pat S.
Pat S.

"From a Yugo to a Tesla"

What do you like best?

There are two things I really like. One is the absolute reliability of the hosting. There has been only one short downtime since I switched from one of the bigger low costing hosting options that was plagued with down times. The other thing I like is the reliability of the tech support. Compared to the other host, it is like going from a Ugo to a Tesla.

What do you dislike?

I wish it cost less just like I wish a Tesla was affordable...oh well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence about switching from a cheap hosting company to WP Engine, give it a try. Not having to spend hours and sometimes days trying to solve problems all the while getting conflicting advice from different tech support staff makes WP Engine worth every penny.

I am trying to expand my reach and monetize my content. Having a reliable hosting experience is obviously foundational to that.

WP Engine review by Scott J.
Scott J.

"Outstanding Performance and Nearly Immediate Service"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how WPE console allows me to review and modify all my client accounts from one easy to use control panel. It takes a bit to make the jump from cpanels, but well worth it! Secondly, it is really nice to know that any one of their support people you talk to know more about WordPress than you do!

What do you dislike?

Their documentation and it's availability/indexing could use some work. Often I have to bug a tech for something that should be easy to find in a KB of some sort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WPEngine is a big part of my business and they do a terrific job supporting me and my clients.

I manage the hosting accounts for several large WordPress sites and it is great to know that WPE has my back from a hosting standpoint. I would say the biggest benefit I have seen as a small agency is that I don't have to employ an Apache/Hosting guy. WPE handles all of that for me.

WP Engine review by Rich K.
Rich K.

"Reliable Hosting, Efficient Processes, and Great Support"

What do you like best?

I have worked with dozens of hosting providers and WP Engine has been the best to work with by far. The hosting has been reliable, with little-to-no downtime. Any issues that I do experience are handled quickly with fast responses from the support team. Most of all, I appreciate that WP Engine has streamlined the processes that I routinely perform, like pulling a staging site, pushing a site live, spinning off a new site and importing from another WordPress install. What used to take me hours, now takes me only minutes; giving me more time to focus on my clients.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing about WP Engine that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The amount of time you will save in website administration is far worth the higher price you pay for this service.

WP Engine makes hosting and managing WordPress sites extremely efficient, allowing me to focus more time on my clients' digital marketing and less on their hosting administration.

WP Engine review by Todd A.
Todd A.

"WP Engine is the most advanced and intuitive Wordpress hosting and management platform we've used."

What do you like best?

WP Engine's admin management is organized intuitively and automatically takes care of many of the issues that typically take marginal to extensive time and effort to solve on other platforms such as updates, migration and formatting. The hosting services, propagation and and migration have been virtually flawless. The WP Engine support is exceptional with regards to accuracy and responsiveness.

What do you dislike?

There are few if any negative aspects to the WP Engine platform. As the service grows it can sometimes be a chore to find an "available" development URL in the character count allowed, but this is typically very easy to solve with an alternate URL. There could be an additional service plan between the 10 site license and the 25 site license, or able to incrementally allow single site licenses to be added to bulk packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have tried other services you know the challenges. Give WP Engine a try and you'll be immediately impressed with the admin management, speed and support of WP Engine.

WP Engine allows for transferrable and non-transferrable development sites that are say to access by clients for approval and surprisingly easy to migrate to other client hosting services or simply pushing live with WP Engine hosting using the base domain.

WP Engine review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"I'll Never Use Another Web Host Again"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pick just one thing I like best, since WP Engine is packed with features, but if I could pick one thing it is their amazing support. They are all experts in WordPress and will help you fix your website (even if it's your fault that it's broken). Even Rackspace doesn't come close to the level of service they provide.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. I've been surprised a few times when a few side applications I am developing in the directory disappear without warning, but now I know it's an automated malware removal. Now I just notify them to protect any special subfolders I am working in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WP Engine is more expensive than your entry level hosts, but if you depend on your website significantly to stay in business, it's better to pay a little extra to ensure your website is secure, loads fast, and is properly backed up every night. Since we moved from Rackspace we started saving money right away, but even if we had upgraded from something like Host Gator, the investment would have paid for itself in a year, just to free up my time from managing all the websites.

I use WP Engine to manage all of our non-profits websites for marketing and lead generation.

WP Engine review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Our Go-To For Reliable and Fast Managed WordPress Hosting"

What do you like best?

The speed, performance and reliability of the hosting. I have to mention the tools included as well- specifically the ability to copy installs and the fully automated site migration.

What do you dislike?

Being that it's managed hosting it comes with a few hindrances like no SSH and configuration limitations, but that is not a WPEngine limitation, it comes standard with Managed Hosting and is necessary to maintain the positives of the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't believe that WP Engine is the right for a business or company that only has one or two websites. I don't think the cost-benefit efficiency exists for that case. However, if you are a company, freelancer or otherwise who needs to professionally support your websites and others, than WP Engine is the correct product choice for you.

I know the cost is up there, but compared to the competition in the marketplace, is it worth it and unbeatable.

As an agency we service, support and maintain well over 30+ WordPress site installs at any given time. WPEngine provides scalability and reliability to efficiently support our major and minor clients alike without increasing overhead on my support staff.

The game changing benefits to agencies like mine are:

Daily & on-demand backup / restore points

Automatic updates

One-click staging and production replication and deployment

WP Engine review by Felix N.
Felix N.

"The Best Wordpress Host - Seriously"

What do you like best?

Pretty much everything. The support is incredible. I've put them through rigorous stress tests and they've always been able to help., The range and ease of services such as automated SSL, staging server, migration tool, CDN and more. Makes my life as a dev so easy. Performance also has outranked all other service providers and I've been through them all.

What do you dislike?

No email or domain registration, would love an all in one hosting solution.

That installs are sold in groups and not a pay as much as you need this makes scaling difficult as I would like to be able to add installs as I need them instead of paying for 10 when I only need 3.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it now and reap the benefits.

Site Speed, I was able to vastly improve performance for my clients.

Staging environments.. Allowed me to easily test out new designs and features safely.without interrupting live sites

Multisite - easy to setup multisite networks

SSL - Allowed me to easily and automatically add SSL to sites

CDN - SPEEEED

WP Engine review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Administrator and Edit Work on Custom WordPress platform"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is a hosting solution for the incredibly versatile WordPress content management platform. Anyone familiar with WordPress.com or WordPress.org will have instant familiarity, which makes it a great tool for content marketers.

What do you dislike?

WordPress is a fantastic content management solution, and for startups or small businesses, it's even a useful as a front-end solution. But that's also the rub: you're going to be locked into WordPress' formatting. So get a dedicated WordPress developer, not a general web developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've used WordPress in any other platform, you can use WP Engine. WP Engine is a great solution for hosting and content management as you scale up, but may not be necessary for small operations.

Our company publishes to 44 unique sites across about 30 interest verticals. WP Engine gives us a content backend that is easily transferrable between sites, making training familiar for our various content coordinators. With WordPress' standard accounts system, we can also scale writers, editors, and administrators for our various blogs. Onboarding and release from employment are thus incredibly easy.

WP Engine review by Matthew C. E.
Matthew C. E.

"Fast, Secure and Stable - You Can't Ask For More From A Host"

What do you like best?

WP Engine is very fast hosting - and that was our #1 want from a host, but because they are a WordPress exclusive host they are very fast. That is the only thing they do. That said, they are on top of all of the security concerns that impacts WordPress. Their backups are fantastic, they warn us of any plugins that have a vulnerability, etc.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't much that I dislike - it's maybe a little spendy, but it's great.

I wish I could host simple HTML websites with them sometimes, because they're so good - but they are 100% WordPress only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WP Engine is the best host we've ever used with a level of support that actually truly surprises me - they've never told me they couldn't help me, even when it's with stuff you wouldn't expect to get support on.

Faster WordPress hosting is part of Google's algorithm so it's great that we can get a secure reliable host that is so fast.

WP Engine review by Steve Y.
Steve Y.

"Most Flexible and Easiest to Manage Wordpress Hosting"

What do you like best?

The simplicity in setting up a new site. I was able to quickly add a new virtual server for Wordpress and then in no time it was installed asking me to add an admin user.

What do you dislike?

Lack of understanding of the underlying environment underneath the Wordpress install.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. For not a lot of money you can determine how well it and they perform.

I have small technology companies and need to quickly add new site, change themes and have good performance.

WP Engine review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Simple WordPress management with extra super powers"

What do you like best?

Beyond making hosting and management of our website simple, WP Engine's platform has allowed us to significantly optimize our website in terms of load time, content quality and user experience.

What do you dislike?

Minor issues may arise from the security standards of WP Engine's storage; however, I have not encountered any problems that could not be reasonably overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, this is an easy sell internally given the time resources WP Engine will save your IT and marketing departments.

We moved my company's website from self-hosting in AWS to WP Engine in order to remove resource burden from the IT department. WP Engine has performed well, and has created a self-service environment for marketing to plan and implement website changes and optimization.

WP Engine review by Chase B.
Chase B.

"WPEngine for the win! "

What do you like best?

The support team is top notch. The fact that we don't have to worry about client sites getting hacked is a big relief. Launching new dev setups takes a few minutes whereas with our old server manager and cpanel, it was always a big ordeal.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike really. The setup process can be a little buggy but nothing severe. For a while the live chat wait time was a pain, but it definitely seems better lately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of agencies and freelances really struggle with hosting issues. Moving this off our plate by going with WPEngine was one of the best decisions we've made. The only friction was that by doing so, we had to change our policy to not host email any more, which caused some client complaints but was ultimately a great decision.

WPEngine allowed us to ditch our Amazon server and the consultant we were paying a retainer to manage it.

WP Engine review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Best Wordpress Hosting. Period."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that WPEngine only focuses on Wordpress hosting. When a company focuses on just one CMS, then you get experts on that CMS. Everything just works and if you have an issue, their chat support is quick and thorough, solving your issue quickly,

What do you dislike?

There is not really much not to like. Their pricing is higher than most, but it's well worth the value.

WPEngine stays on top of security risks on the Wordpress platform and heads those off. There is also tremendous value in being able to spin up a Wordpress instance in the matter of minutes which makes building websites extremely fast. The automated daily backups are also like an insurance policy on your site so in the rare case you blow up your site, you are not spending a ton of time backtracking and recovering.

WP Engine review by Richard D.
Richard D.

"Excellent customer support, great performance"

What do you like best?

I've used wpengine and it is a dream. Their customer service is great, and the performance of their servers have been excellent.

I also like their portal and tools for us to use. I like how we can use any code we write with WordPress on them, unlike using the biggest name out there which requires you to vet all of your code.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about them. They may seem a bit more expensive than your cheapo shared hosting plan, but you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try. Don't hesitate to contact customer support too. I had a complicated support question relating to Pressflow contrib plugin and their higher tier support engineer was able to debug it and figure out the issue was not with their servers, but with the way the plugin handled object caching.

We're able to run and test a lot of code without having to get it vetted. We normally have clients who have to decide on running their own VPS or having their own servers, and using managed hosting from WPEngine has been a dream. Why worry about having your own infrastructure when the WP Engine folks can do it for you?

With their portal we also are able to run a large number of instances of WordPress instances and point different domains to them.

WP Engine review by Nate R.
Nate R.

"My favorite Managed WordPress Hosting service"

What do you like best?

WPEngine offers extremely fast-loading Managed WordPress hosting and makes it very easy to enhance speed with their variety of included tools.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the traffic limiting. Although it hasn't been a problem yet, I just have a philosophical difference in opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a single site, it can be a bit pricey, but it is definitely worth what you receive. If you host multiple sites, the plans are structured where you can offer much better deals to your clients than hosting on their own while still making some money for yourself. Win-Win!

When I was using a different host, my site speeds were topping out at 3 seconds. I wanted to get faster. WPEngine has allowed me to have a much faster initial load time, as well as offers features that help me go further.

WP Engine review by Mitchell C.
Mitchell C.

"WP Engine is an Extension of our Business"

What do you like best?

The user interface. WP Engine is crafted just for WP. Furthermore, they took conventional hosting (think cPanel) and turned it into something you want to use. Never have user permissions and backups been so simple.

What do you dislike?

Coming from conventional hosts to WPE, it's very hard to find something to dislike. If I had to say one thing: it's lack of 2 way Git support. However, I know it's in the works! So, all good. ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

WPE is great if you use WordPress. In addition to managing security and back-ups, there are a lot of excellent plugins that WPE offers, including:

- A separate cron service (for those of you familiar with the WP Cron!)

- GeoIP plugin

- Object caching and CDN

All of these have been incredibly useful for us. Plus, their staging environment is incredibly easy.

I sound like a huge WPE fan, mostly because I am. :)

We focus on WordPress development. Before, I had to manage a server. With WP Engine we no longer have worry about things that aren't our strengths, and instead we can focus on those that are. Hosting no longer takes in our day to day problem solving. We know we have partners who handle it best.

WP Engine review by Kim P.
Kim P.

"Intermittent downtime issues in the last couple of months but handled well by tech team"

What do you like best?

Our site loads faster now.

We needed to upgrade from a VPS environment for our Wordpress site to a faster environment. We were looking into a dedicated server environment when we came across WP Engine. It could be faster, if we knew how to manage and optimize a dedicated server for our Wordpress site, but we don't have the technical know-how to make that happen. WP Engine fits our current needs better. When the current setup becomes insufficient because our web traffic increases we will have to re-evaluate.

The staging environment

Being able to make a copy of our site on the fly and test our updates on a staging environment is what everyone who is serious about their site should have. When the updates are tested and approved by the executive team, then at a click of a button, the staging version of the site replaces the old version.

The tech support team is very knowledgeable.

They are also very willing to do some of the "repairs" and maintenance work themselves to make sure it is done well.

Automated Backups

Everyone says they do automated backups, but WP Engine's solution is very easy to use. They give you access to several weeks worth of daily backups that you can revert to at any time. Creating a backup before making an update is easy to do and therefore it is actually done.

What do you dislike?

Wait times on Live chat is usually around (15-20) minutes. It has been over 30 minutes a handful of times.

Also their service has experience intermittent issues, especially in December 2015 with a couple of bad weeks. Downtime added up to 5 hours over the course of that month. It turned out that they had been victim to a DDoS attack and had been fighting to move their clients around to maintain service. All things considered, it was handled pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into hosting your site on a dedicated server before making the switch. If your tech team can manage it, it could be a better fit for you than WP Engine's shared hosting environment.

We had been hosting our site on a Virtual Private Server before and were looking to upgrade to a dedicated server. WP Engine offered a solution at a similar price point. While their solution means that our site is still hosted in a shared environment, the idea that if anything goes wrong, there is a strong team that can help is a big deal.

Learn more about WP Engine

WP Engine Videos

Learning about WP Engine?

* We monitor all WP Engine reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.