X-Lite

(14 reviews)

Combining voice and video calls in a userfriendly interface, CounterPath's X-Lite helps you seamlessly transition from a traditional phone environment into the world of Voice over IP.

Work for X-Lite?

Learning about X-Lite?

Categories

X-Lite Reviews

Showing 14 X-Lite reviews
X-Lite review by Alfonso F.
Alfonso F.

"The best voip software you' ve ever had"

What do you like best?

Give it a try, i can swear there' s no other product that is such as useful as x-lite and it' s very easy to implement and set up on final users. There' s no need for a physical desk phone, you can use it with headphones or any audio device you have. Don' t worry if you have low band with it still works.No matter if i 'm traveling across the world or sharing my mobile web access, x-lite is the best option i 've met. Bandwidth usage is incredibly low and voice quality is the best. I feel like i 'm sitting at my desk in my office. No long-distance call charges and i 'm missing a single call. . Been a user since 2010 and have no complaints about. You won' t regret

What do you dislike?

Maybe contacs should be backed up in a cloud storage i dont know if already does it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, no complaints about it. Please give it a try

Not missing a single call and no long-distance call charges

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about X-Lite
X-Lite review by Alejo N.
Alejo N.

"A great way to receive and make calls anywhere"

What do you like best?

No matter if i 'm traveling across the world or sharing my mobile web access, x-lite is the best option i 've met. Bandwidth usage is incredibly low and voice quality is the best. I feel like i 'm sitting at my desk in my office. No long-distance call charges and i 'm missing a single call. Give it a try, i can swear there' s no other product that is such as useful as x-lite and it' s very easy to implement and set up on final users. There' s no need for a physical desk phone, you can use it with headphones or any audio device you have. Don' t worry if you have low band with it still works. Been a user since 2010 and have no complaints about. You won' t regret

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dont like about x-lite, maybe that not everyone in the world has it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, i can swear there' s no other product that is such as useful as x-lite and it' s very easy to implement and set up on final users. There' s no need for a physical desk phone, you can use it with headphones or any audio device you have. Don' t worry if you have low bandwith it still works

No long distance call charges

Not missing a single call

Keeps my personal mobile number private

Landline calls has better quality

What VoIP solution do you use?

X-Lite review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Great for tutoring and online calls!"

What do you like best?

I have been using XLite for 3 1/2 years for online tutoring for my job, it is a great program - I love the features like mute (if you have to sneeze or cough) so that your student doesn't hear the background noise; it's easy to load contacts in and just click them and call so easily. It opens quickly and you can turn off the video as well (I don't use video for my job). It works great, I have really never had a problem with the program.

What do you dislike?

I would say the ONLY problem I have had and I can't say it's the program or my computer, is that once in a while it will just shut down and give an error message. Like I said, could be my computer or Windows or something else - otherwise it works great and it always opens right back up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this over Skype or other programs I have used as VOIP online. It is VERY easy to use and has a lot of great features.

Well this works MUCH better than Skype for my student classes and I like the way it drowns out background noise and that you can see right on your screen whether you are making noise or not. It's nice to know if there is some background interference.

X-Lite review by Mauricio A.
Mauricio A.

"One of the best solutions for VoIP softphone communication"

What do you like best?

-For testing purpose and basic VoIP tools, it’s perfect, compatible with almost any version of Asterisk and Elastix.

-Easy to install and configure for end users, technical options are pre-configured and do not need an experienced IT department.

-The app allows codecs configuration (G.711a & G.711u) and support almost every device on the market (Plantronics & Logitech in my case).

What do you dislike?

-There are some important options like call forwarding or call transfer only available on paid version (Bria 5).

-Show adds on the main bar promoting his paid version (Bria), sometimes it’s annoying to some users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a Softphone compatible with SIP configuration Xlite it's perfect, my company install and configure with most free VoIP environments like Asterisk and Elastix.

-Some users need basics function on his softphone, we use Xlite for those users and works amazing.

-When we have new options added to our Elastix server, Xlite it’s the first platform to test with.

X-Lite review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great program when working from home"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best is that it is a great program to use when I am working from home, when I can't make it into the office, because I am still able to log in and take and make calls to my customers.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about the program. Once you learn how to use and navigate around it is great.

The benefits that it provides to me is that I have it loaded on my personal laptop and have a headset at home and allows me to work from home while still taking inbound calls and making outbound calls. It works great when you don't have a company phone but is also great because allows your calls to still be tracked and monitored.

X-Lite review by Administrator in Computer Software

"This softphone has no comparison"

What do you like best?

X-lite is easy to install, easy to config and easy to use. It has a wizard which helps users without experience. Best of all, it works like a charm.

What do you dislike?

Really do not have anything bad to say. Although I do not like advertising, but it's understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product Its perfect!

We communicate in the company using voip. Our softphone is X-lite. It never fails. Everyone can work from wherever they want.

X-Lite review by Tiffanee A.
Tiffanee A.

"Impressed by counterpath"

What do you like best?

Its super easy to use for calls and messages. At my job i am able to access multiple lines at once. Very organized application.i also like how i can determine if my boss is on the phone or not without calling her

What do you dislike?

Shows a video chat feature that im not able to use.

Very problem a client has we use the soft phone to communicate affectly

X-Lite review by User

"Decent VoIP App until they decided to charge"

What do you like best?

Ability to make/receive calls from an extension or any line from your business and not have it tied to your cell phone.

What do you dislike?

App crashed occasionally and it was not rich in features. Not an easy app to configure correctly either, but that may have been due to the provider we used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are now charging for the app where it used to be a free app. Add in some more features like voicemail retrieval if you plan to charge.

Being able to be away from the office and still make/receive calls. Able to transfer to another extension from your cell phone.

X-Lite review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Consolidating phone communications on desktop "

What do you like best?

Ability to create new numbers and set up payment plans directly through the desktop application

What do you dislike?

Forwarding existing and activated phone numbers through desktop interface is cumbersome and requires going through multiple menus and pages

Being able to consolidate communication with clients and team members through one desktop application greatly increases efficiency and ease of communication

"VoIP on your desktop"

What do you like best?

The capability of use your desktop/laptop to connect whit your VoIP central and a easy configuration

What do you dislike?

the promoting adds on the interface inviting you to use the paid version (Bria)

Bring a softphone to the users that needs a VoIP basic interface

X-Lite review by Holly S.
Holly S.

"Talk to me"

What do you like best?

A very cool way to make conference calls and make a speedy connection between people

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t seem very user friendly . Hard to use

Fast calls to multiple prople

X-Lite review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Good Softphone for VoIP"

What do you like best?

The popups and notifications are pretty intuitive. Respectable amount of customization for a free product

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I cant think of anything for the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that the free version might miss a couple key features you might find critical.

Mobile access when on the go is key, and using this is very helpful when im out of the office, but still working.

X-Lite review by User

"As Tina Turner would named it: Simply the best!!!"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use, very reliable and awesome application for voip client.

What do you dislike?

This is not a free aplication, although there's a free trial. Also there's too many upgrades (almost every week).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it

Voip Client for voip communications, cutting costs for remote clients and

X-Lite review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"voice over internet"

What do you like best?

You get crystal clear call quality between users

What do you dislike?

I've experienced dropped calls but that also may be due to internet connections

easier call connectivity and faster connectivity with the call volume

Learning about X-Lite?

* We monitor all X-Lite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories