Xactly Express

Xactly Express Sales Compensation that Runs on Salesforce. Xactly Express makes calculating, paying, and tracking commissions easy and efficient. Increase payment accuracy, improve visibility, and reduce disputes with sales compensation in the cloud.

Work for Xactly Express?

Learning about Xactly Express?

Xactly Express Reviews

Ask Xactly Express a Question
Showing 58 Xactly Express reviews
Xactly Express review by <span>Nathan D.</span>
Nathan D.

Xactly Express

What do you like best?

Gives users easy access to their sales and variable compensation information. You can build new plans to pay different individuals appropriately. It allows quick access for the Sales team to check their data which is invaluable for them to see their performance. Express helps with the month end close process and getting variable compensation information submitted to Payroll.

What do you dislike?

Does not integrate well with all environments. Software does not do too many complex functions. It cannot handle a large amount of transactions. The system will become very slow if it has too many transactions. It cannot create Sales reports. This solution would be great for small businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only implement this software if you are a small business. It does not work well for large amounts of data. The system is very picky, fixing it is a pain. This solution is great for what it is intended to be. If you have large amounts of data you are better off going with Xactly Incent.

Sales visibility on a daily basis was an issue. This helped motivate the sales department even more. It also allows the Sales team to understand even more on what they are being paid on. The amount of time it takes to complete the monthly variable compensation process decreased. This helped create efficiencies and allowed us to spend time in other areas.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Xactly Express
Xactly Express review by <span>Prashant G.</span>
Prashant G.

Xactly Express - Express Solution for Commissions

What do you like best?

I had worked on Express for over 2 years. I used to calculate commissions on a monthly basis for over 80 reps on Excel before I was introduced to Xactly Express. After round of discussions with Xactly, we implemented the tool and started using it for commission calculations. It is really a great tool for small companies; helped me to save a lot of time in the calculations and on disputes. Even designing a new plan was easy. Commissions Estimator is a great function.

And the connection within Salesforce is a real plus.

What do you dislike?

I really loved this tool and there is hardly any feature that I do not like about it except for that this tool is good for small companies - up to 75 users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very helpful tool to run commissions. Plus it eliminates/reduces the chances of making an error compared to running calculations on excel. ROI on this product is really good and it hardly takes time to get a positive ROI.

Commissions Estimator is a great feature that the sales team really loves it.

As mentioned, I used to calculate commissions for over 80 reps using Excel and it used to take me almost a week per month with more than a week on the last month of the quarter. With this tool, it helped me save a lot of time and it reduced to 1 day for each month and around 2-3 days for the last month of the quarter.

What Sales Compensation solution do you use?

Xactly Express review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.

Powerful and Intuitive product

What do you like best?

I'm an atypical admin as a sales manager, and it's easy and intuitive enough for a sales manager to use. I like that it also has a good SFDC API so it can pull any info we attach to the opportunity records and map that info into the Express system. It also can handle a lot of calculations like adjusting the MRR up/down on deals where we want to incentivize/disincentivize our reps (like giving MRR discounts to win customers on MRR, wanting to pay the rep at full list price).

What do you dislike?

I used to dislike Xactly's speed & noted this in my previous review, but in recent months (Q4 2016), the Xactly team did something to boost speed. It used to take 15-20 minutes to run comp calculations and it's now done in 2-3 minutes. My main complaint is that you can't clone the comp credit rules if you're making a lot of similar rules (like having a different bonus amounts for different products). You have to create each exception rule individually then create the payment/credit modification rule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that someone will take ownership from day 1 so that the setup of rules, data mapping, and field renaming within the Xactly platform goes smoothly and makes it easy for others to go in and use the system in the future. Also, make sure you hire an expert and/or train someone on the system because the downside to the amount of calculating power is the speed at which things calculate. It's not easy or fast to do trial and error implementation & bug fixes.

But, once it's set up and the rules are configured, it's easy to use.

In my case, I stepped in as an Xactly admin after implementation where nobody in our org took full ownership of the tool or took the time to learn the tool at a high level. After getting proper training at their CompCloud conference, my skills have improved significantly but my early goings were tougher than I expected them to be.

The problem we were looking to solve is moving away from complex spreadsheets and manual calculations of commissions. Xactly is Automating the commission calculations, reporting, and payments for the sales teams. Now, I sync closed-won accounts with SFDC and it computes the uplift on quota attainment automatically for certain products we are incentivizing the reps to sell and correctly calculates commissions on the uplifted amount or the standard MRR of the deal automatically based on filters and rules. Plus, it's easy to design team-based incentives and bonuses.

Xactly Express review by <span>Todd P.</span>
Todd P.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Not looking back....

What do you like best?

Xactly Epress has helped improve accuracy and saved me many hours of work on incentive compensation each month. We're a small business and calculating commissions for 5 different sales roles is very time consuming. I used to do it all via spreadsheet and despite my best efforts, finance always found mistakes. After implementing Xactly Express, I've yet to have that problem. I'm a big fan! (can you tell?!)

What do you dislike?

This is not a limitation of the tool, but because of our business rules, I have to upload a CSV file to get data to Xactly Express. I wish we were set up to use the data directly from Salesforce. Even with the CSV upload process, I wouldn't live with out the tool.

Saved time, increased accuracy and visibility for the sales team. They always have a clear view of what they got paid and on which accounts. I'm getting fewer calls with questions about pay from them each month as well. They love it.

Xactly Express review by <span>Jocelyn F.</span>
Jocelyn F.

Accurate and Fast

What do you like best?

The ability to sync direct from Salesforce.com and Xactly Express. The integration is easy and this allows for no more excel spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

The limitations around renaming fields. Some sales reps like the naming convention their company uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the rollout to the sales team includes training on terms. Acceptance from the sales team and finance was critical to full user adoption. Ongoing training can not be taken for granted. Continue training so all team members can increase their efficiencies with the product.

We used Exactly at a previous company. We found the ability for our sales team to have visibility into their sales commissions allowed for better communication and transparency. There became a huge time savings for our Operations team, as commissions were previously tracked in Excel. The errors in commissions decreased, our sales team was proactively participating in the finance process to collect money and all teams saw better communication around commissions.

Also, being a competitive team, the sales teams were able to utilize the gamefication that Xactly allows for to create friendly competition.

Xactly Express review by <span>Kolapo O.</span>
Kolapo O.

Great tool for calculating commissions

What do you like best?

The process for loading data and running the calculations saves us a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to setup dashboards and custom views with the right filters to be able to see the slices of data you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Xactly is a great tool and I highly recommend it.

Our company has been using Xactly for a year and a half. I took over as the commissions administrator 4 months ago. The product has been really easy to learn and is quite powerful. We have a team of about 60 sales reps and managers that we pay quarterly using Xactly Express.

Learn more about Xactly Express

Xactly Express Videos

Learning about Xactly Express?

* We monitor all Xactly Express reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.