XenDesktop

Citrix XenDesktop is a VDI solution that transforms applications into a secure on-demand service available to any user, anywhere, on any device.

Work for XenDesktop?
Teamviewer 2x

Learning about XenDesktop?

XenDesktop Reviews

Showing 90 XenDesktop reviews
XenDesktop review by <span>Jaime Alberto R.</span>
Jaime Alberto R.

xendesktop and how I stop buying PCs.

What do you like best?

it works perfectly. It allow us to virtualize operating systems (windows, linux) and also apps. They run very smoothly. It is very difficult to identify when an app is running locally or remotely with citrix. Operating system performance is much better on citrix. People have access to their "computers" anytime, anywhere, anydevice. It has been a hit in our university. We have around 1400 VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure)

What do you dislike?

Mac is not allowed because Apple restrictions, not because citrix technology

Recommendations to others considering the product

when evaluating to PCs vs VDI, I suggest to include all costs as maintenance, support, and particularly productive improvement.

I stop buying computers since 4 years ago. Instead I replaced them with Light Clients which has no mobil parts so never get hardware problems. My professors can ask for more memory, more cpu, more gpu o more space easely and we can serve them very fast. Before, when we used PCs, if a professors ask us for more memory we took 3 months looking for it, backing up the pc, installing the memory, etc. Now, it just take us a couple of minutes. It is much more cheaper to have VDi than PCs... (around 20% less per year).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about XenDesktop
XenDesktop review by <span>Lauren F.</span>
Lauren F.

Convenient for accessing network applications and working remotely

What do you like best?

I can be anywhere and access all the key applications right from Citrix as well as do a Remote Desktop through the Citrix interface. We had a disaster occur a couple of years ago and I had to work remotely through Citrix for 9 weeks. Our clients said had we not told them about our situation they would not have known. Citrix enabled us to access resources and applications on our network with such ease. I truly do appreciate the product!

What do you dislike?

If I'm having to borrow someone else's computer to get in Citrix, then I need to install the Receiver and the triCerat ScrewDrivers. This takes such a long time to get set up. Often the audio and video quality in training through Citrix displays with a lower quality than when I'm outside of Citrix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to say since I truly just get to use the product and don't have to consider implementation and troubleshooting when there are upgrades.

Citrix allows me to remotely access files and desktop applications that operate in my work's secure network environment. I can securely and safely use Remote Desktop through the Citrix environment as well.

What Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution do you use?

XenDesktop review by User

Good But Slow

What do you like best?

its a simple system that allows users with IT experience to get started. We moved from Microsoft DOS to this and it is much better, however there are better options on the market.

What do you dislike?

I wish this was a bit smoother, for example when we change something we have to manually make that change on each physical device. This creates a lot of extra work for the IT department. I wish would just send an update request and do them at the end of the business day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really look at all of the needs you think you'll have and then ask questions based off of real needs vs. wants.

This is a great minimum ability software that will get the job done but it has no bells and whistles.

it has definitely increased productivity on the desktop and mobile side. However we came from such an old system that anything would be night and day.

XenDesktop review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

Media Strategist

What do you like best?

Astheicly pleasing and simple layout. Easy access to help functions and tutorials. Easy to change password. SBMS and VIEW layouts easy to find and customize. Easy to log in and off. Easy to group accordingly. Easy to refresh if needed. Resources are readily available and listed in clear and simple manner so they are easy to find. Also enjoy the 'hint' feature that shares tips and help on a daily or frequent basis.

What do you dislike?

Theres not too much to dislike since we are only talking about the citrix homepage and not the functionality of te apps themselves. It serves its purpose and does so in a way that is not confusing or conveluded. If i was to pick something that I dislike, it would be the conent portion of the options is lacking. It lists 5 options for me that link to web resources. If those resources were available offline or if they had additional resources available based on what i most frequently use. That could be helpful.

I am using primarily to schedule and buy media and client reporting. Makes the buying process a lot faster and cleaner since insertion orders can be easily entered and adjusted, and makes reporting very simple.

XenDesktop review by <span>Mary Kylee R.</span>
Mary Kylee R.

Necessary Evil

What do you like best?

I like that this software allows me to work from home and access the same desktop that I would get at work. I can connect securely and relatively simply. It is a reliable product and works as expected.

What do you dislike?

This software requires an internet connection and provides a virtual desktop. We have a Fiber connection at my home and reliable and fast internet, even so, I find that there is a significant lag when using the Citrix desktop. It is difficult to switch between applications. Even the most simple tasks such as creating a document are hindered by the lag. There is a distinct lag in even getting your cursor at a specific place in the document. Tasks that are usually simple, such as resizing a screen in Windows are slow and bulky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Patience is key.

I need a secure connection to my desktop when I work from home. This software does solve this problem. We have upgraded to this from a previous solution. It is better and allows me to see my desktop exactly as I would at work, rather than a suite of applications I can use, but offers me a slow and frustrating experience.

XenDesktop review by <span>Emily P.</span>
Emily P.

This probably works for light usage.

What do you like best?

I can have access to the main servers in our company without having to be on a Windows computer (due to our security policy).

What do you dislike?

I find it to be slow, the graphic quality is not good. Using a mac I have had issues over the years with the client not meshing well with the browser I am using and multiple issues of an .ica file downloading instead of loading in the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage virtual desktops in multiple locations this software is good on an enterprise level.

We are a large company over a large geographic area that needs to share information. Using the XenDesktop is good for our IT to be able to manage multiple users and their software without having thousands of different workstations.

Learning about XenDesktop?

* We monitor all XenDesktop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.