XenServer

4.0

Citrix XenServer is a complete server virtualization software platform built on the powerful Xen hypervisor offering fast and secure virtualization.

Work for XenServer?

Learning about XenServer?

XenServer Reviews

Showing 40 XenServer reviews
XenServer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Citix Xen Center - Easy to Work with Any Virtual Machine"

What do you like best?

The best part I loved about it that I can work with any of the Virtual System accordingly. Like I have Libre Application installed on my system, but, when I want to work on Microsoft Office application, I access Xen Center and work on any machine having required MS Office version.One can easily save the space on his/her system when there is an application installed on VM, then there is no need to install, if the size of the application is big, that on your system, this will not only increase the space but, allows a user to work with more software also.

What do you dislike?

The thing I didn't like at all is that We have to keep patience while working with Citrix. It works very slow sometimes. Especially when I have to complete my work on urgent basis then I face difficulties with its speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

to maintain the speed only. otherwise, its a perfect application to work with.

Easily operating different applications simultaneously on different machines, which even saves space on a particular system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about XenServer
XenServer review by Shauna S.
Shauna S.

"XenServer works wonders for most Virtual Applications and Agnets!"

What do you like best?

I liked the interface and the ability to interact with the hierarchy during issues, if any, I was experiencing. It also helped move seamlessly when accessing various areas of the server on the desktop. I like the ay you can move between windows and not loose information as well. Priced well and utilization opens so may doors for the virtual agent and company!

What do you dislike?

The only downside I could really find is the way the interface resembles older programs. Updating the interface with newer colors, etc may help make it more interesting to virtual agents who work with it. Interactivity with other programs, etc tended not to be much of an issue... Did experience a slight issue with Citrix and XenServer, but this may have just been a compatibility issue...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you check compatibility with other programs, interface is a bit dated (At least the version we used was...) But, then again... it is about how well it interacts with other programs... and the XenServer will take you there and then some!!! An amazing opportunity for virtual agents and their hierarchy!

Solving interaction and inter-connectivity issues wit remote agents required XenServer. Benefits include the ability to reach out to remote computers and handle any issues remotely. Easy to use and makes using multiple agents and communication so much better by delivering ti in one area. Very forgiving as well! Implementation takes little or no time to begin

What Server Virtualization solution do you use?

XenServer review by Stênio P.
Stênio P.

"Greate Hypervisor with free license and many features"

What do you like best?

This hypervisor offer free resources that are in other paid hypervisors, like live migration, live storage migration, openvswitch with vxlans. It is compatible with cloud orchestrators like CloudStack and OpenStack. It supports paravirtualization, but currently HVM guests OS is better because of the current CPU that have virtualization support.

What do you dislike?

The snapshots management still presents problems, especially in environments with many virtual machines. The virtual memory management is still weak compared with others hypervisor. This software not has a central server to management of hosts. XenCenter is not good,demands so much memory and CPU to execute simple tasks with many VMs

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you don't depends of resources that needs VMware or Hyper-V, this hypervisor is for you.

we are using this hypervisor to offer IaaS to academic community of the University of Sao Paulo and others public universities. This hypervisor is the core of cloud computing service that is used to cientific processing. Other simple services uses our infrastructure too.

XenServer review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Makes remote access a breeze."

What do you like best?

Logging in and connecting to remote applications is very simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I lose my login after about 5-10 minutes. In reality, this is a security issues and not so much an issue with Citrix itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on my experience, end-users of XenServer will have a fairly easy time getting connected from Windows XP/7/10. I use the product on a weekly basis and have no complaints.

I'm able to work from multiple locations with ease. As far as benefit, I've been able to complete tasks remotely that would've otherwise been impossible.

XenServer review by Hernán R.
Hernán R.

"Nice hypervisor, free, and opensource!"

What do you like best?

It's free and easy to implement, before putting my Xenserver to work I didn't really have experience with bare-metal virtualization, always used hosted hypervisors. Learning curve has been painless so far.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the way you have to use DDK to compile drivers that aren't included on Xenserver's custom Kernel, it may be my lack of experience at this moment, it's my only complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, there's a lot of documentation on internet!

We needed a fast way to install operative systems for a wide variety of purposes like development, testing, learning, breaking stuff and so on. We already had the hardware, so the only thing we did was convert our physical OS. Copying VM's is the fastest way to do our new deployments.

XenServer review by Stan D.
Stan D.

"XenServer is good for small companies"

What do you like best?

Fast deployment, low HW requirements, easy to setup, configure and support. Doesn't require additional managers deployed, can be managed from native console and provides virtual machine, storage migration and HA. Hypervisor supports level 1 virtualization. Works better with storage in terms of iSCSI connections and returns free space if compare with VMWare on storage which doesn't non-support additional features. Works more stable and faster than Hyper-V.

What do you dislike?

provides less options in comparison with VmWare products. Requires Citrix licensed specialists for support and maintenance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

XenServer is very easy to deploy and setup. Provides most functionality with no necessity to setup additional managers on top of it. Perfect for small business.

As hypervisor provides ability to utilize HW more sufficient and run many virtual servers/machines on one physical host. Also creating shapshot saves a lot of time during troubleshooting while deploying new software if rollback is required. Just few clicks and previous state is restored.

XenServer review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I can see why companies are running away"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the tools we do get to go in and resolve broken sessions and how we can sort through what applications are primarily running on what server and what sessions are caught where.

What do you dislike?

It's been a nightmare. The constant issues with sessions getting stuck on various servers and having to be on the phone with support because we can't remove them is the worst. Also it feels like the hosting ability is seriously lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works. It takes lots of time and love but it works.

We recently implemented virtual desktops hosted on these servers to make our hospital more secure and keep us from having just open auto logged in machines sitting around. Because it gives us the ability to host this it means we can keep our system safer from users that don't need access to certain applications.

XenServer review by Adriano P.
Adriano P.

"Great Hypervisor!"

What do you like best?

XenServer has a wide range of possibilities and implementation sizes, you can use it as a small user with a single host, a single cluster with few hosts, multiple cluster into a single data center or even multiple clusters across multiple datacenter, all these hosts can be easily managed at a single point using xencenter.

Its very easy to install and configure, after some specific automation you will just need to boot your server and hit install.

What do you dislike?

Xenserver has a fame to have low market share, so many application developers do not care to be compatible with Xenserver. (Not really Xenserver fault, but has some impacts).

Xenserver still takes too long to put available guest os compatibility with new linux releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just trying go by yourself, but if you need to put a bigger production environment hire some citrix or partner support to help.

We are managing a big on premise cloud environment, most of it based on xenserver as hypervisor, we accomplish all virtual machine visualization goals with a very low cost.

XenServer review by Cyrano R.
Cyrano R.

"Almost the best"

What do you like best?

First of all it's free! I like too much of this product, It's easy to administer, today I'm responsible by an IT center that have hundreds and hundreds of XenServer hosts fully operational, to support the largest private cloud in latin America, one of the largest educational private cloud on the entire world

What do you dislike?

I like 99,999% of XenServer, the single problem it's the fact of not support VXLAN, in my perspective, if you put every hypervisor in a scale, all of them are the same or very close, just losing in the VXLAN functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

To future users I recommend the product by some reasons, when you compare all features with vmware for example, you probably will think vmware it's the best answer, but if you compare the features and limits that you need between them, you will see that both can help you, but one it's free, maybe you need to hire some support. My main recommendation to Citrix it is implement the VXLAN support on XenServer, with this feature is no limit to implement XenServer as Cloud Hypervisor in all my projects

I started to implement XenServer in my projects a long time ago, but, few years ago, more precisely in 2012, I received a mission to create an infrastructure that should support the consolidation of 149 small data centers spread on 9 cities, without centralize the IT staff (people), the main reason it was to reduce costs. I design a private cloud computing (IaaS), and the base to this cloud is XenSever

XenServer review by Vinicius L.
Vinicius L.

"Low Cost and reliable Hypervisor"

What do you like best?

Citrix XenServer is an low cost solution that delivers the powerful infrastructure to build a virtualization environment. Is a very ease to use tool with advanced features such as high availability, multi-server management, reporting, live migration, power management, overcommit, etc.

You can use XenCenter to manage all your servers hosts, deploy virtual machines and manage your pool storages. The interface is very simple and provides access to almost all tools.

XenServer is very easy to install and configure and is free. If you want, you can buy support solutions for your company depending of your knowledge about the platform.

You can also integrate XenServer to orchestration solutions, such as Apache CloudStack to build a robust private cloud environment.

What do you dislike?

The XenCenter manager tool is only available for Windows systems. If you are a Linux user, you will need to deploy a Windows machine only to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a low cost virtualization environment implementation you have to consider using Citrix XenServer. But is very important you make sure that the management team has enough experience to implement and manage the environment because you will not have support when using the free version.

Virtualization of several servers and to deliver a private cloud environment to University community.

XenServer review by Britton D.
Britton D.

"Xenserver is excellent!"

What do you like best?

I really like the feature-set of XenServer, especially during migration/upgrade times! I especially love that mdraid is now supported out of the box with XenServer 7, allowing me to quickly and easily setup small XenServer hosts for hosting VMs of particular services that my clients need.

I started with XenServer for a client after a long upgrade from bare-metal CentOS 5 to 6 upgrade, where I migrated to a couple of VMs. The CentOS 5 machine was starting to age, and becoming more costly to maintain, and suggested that we buy a server for running XenServer on. I've ran 6,6.2,6.5 and now 7, and have been very pleased. Being able to migrate Virtual Machines makes upgrades extremely painless, and being able to snapshot VMs is a real plus. Going from a licensed model to a license-free model (there are very important features available with the licensing, but I don't have a need for those features). Overall, I've been very pleased with XenServer and continue to use them for my clients. Adding GUI Updates to XenServer 7 was a real blessing, as it's much easier to perform updates via XenCenter than curl/ssh and xe commands was in 6/6.2. I also feel that management of servers and actions like reboot/poweron is something my client should be able to do themselves, and I really like the fact that XenCenter is easy for them to learn and use. I've used the original Xen before, and I wouldn't be able to teach that to my clients in a way that would make them comfortable enough to use. Being based on CentOS is a bonus too, as I can install ancillary reporting/alarming packages right from the command line!

What do you dislike?

I do wish features such as auto-power-on and automatic snapshots were still available and supported. I do know auto power-on is available, but seems to interfere with the update process and doesn't feel like it's something that Xen wants supported.

I do with a web interface was still something that Citrix supported, as firing up XenCenter over a VPN is sometimes tedious, although having SSH is also a helpful way to managing xenserver hosts. Sometimes the information provided in the console isn't as immediately informative as warning indicators is in XenCenter, which is why I often lean toward to using that, as I get more information at-a-glance.

I wish there was an easier way of setting up a local ISO repository from XenCenter, but it's not too difficult to cut some space out of LVM and setting up a local NFS ISO SR.

I needed a way to separate the hardware from the OS/services in a way that would make hardware upgrades and updates easy to perform, and Xenserver checked all of those boxes.

XenServer review by Fernand J.
Fernand J.

"Great Virtualization Platform "

What do you like best?

Robust virtualization platform with low entry cost. Mature product with multiple management tools. We use XenOrchestra from Vates with XenServer and it's an excellent combo.

What do you dislike?

Third-party support is not as broad as would be nice, but the options available are quite good.

Server and test system virtualization, management and backup. Increases our uptime due to the redundancy benefits of Xen Virtualization. Allows for rapid provisioning and flexible hardware utilization.

XenServer review by Rod M.
Rod M.

"Open source, enterprise level and cloud-ready technology with world class Citrix quality and support"

What do you like best?

I like that this product is open source and cloud supported, and if XenApp or XenDesktop is already implemented in your organization, no other hypervisor will allow for deeper integration with your Citrix environment as XenServer. This product also makes patching and updating your VMs easy and centrally managed.

With the server virtualization market having become mature and saturated with vSphere and Hyper-V, Citrix has focused their attention on making XenServer cloud-ready and supported on many different public cloud platforms such as Citrix CloudPlatform, Apache CloudStack and OpenStack.

Icing on the cake with this product is that it comes with the world class support that Citrix provides.

What do you dislike?

If you have vSphere or Hyper-V in your organization then there is little need to have this technology at your Enterprise. As well, if your organization does not currently have Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop, there is little need to implement this in my opinion - vSphere is a lot more feature rich, and if you're a Microsoft shop then you will probably not want XenServer which is Linux based.

This product allows you to increase your server density, and can host both servers and desktop operating systems. It also solves your cloud strategy problem since this product is full supported in the cloud.

XenServer review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Citirix XenServer review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and reliability. I work remotely approximately 1-2 days per week. I access our VDI environment(s) by using a Citrix receiver. While working remotely, I'm required to access many different VDI environments (testing, training, and production environments) simultaneously to test certain functionalities and diagnose end-user issues. The Citrix XenServer is able to accommodate this high usage of data easily without any noticeable lags.

What do you dislike?

I've experienced a few instances where I had to download the Citrix receiver more than once no matter which browser I'm using. These instances were merely inconvenient and resolved themselves rather quickly. It seems that the Citrix receiver does play favorites with certain browsers as I tend to have the most trouble using it through FireFox (with Chrome or Edge I typically have no issues).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The XenServer is great for organizations with employees who work remotely or work on the go outside of the office. We live in a society where we're constantly connected, and the same can now be said for the workplace. Using Citrix XenServer is intuitive even for first timers. I was able to walk myself through the entire installation process on my personal computer without any assistance.

We have countless people who work remotely or on the go and it is imperative that they have immediate access to their office desktops. The Citrix receiver solves that problem by allowing users to connect to their machine at work no matter where they are currently. The Citrix receiver allows communication to take place that wasn't possible a mere decade ago. Communication is key in any modern organization and the citrix receiver allows internal communication to occur seamlessly no matter where the individuals are.

XenServer review by Flavio S.
Flavio S.

"I love citrix xenserver"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, quality of the management of virtual machines. is a very reliable system, it is similar to VMware ESX, it is open source and is supported by many servers and storage systems.

I use it for some time. initially used for virtual machines demo and now has become the main system virtualization.They 'very reliable, the server hardware resources of virtualization are distributed properly.

What do you dislike?

technical support is not the same level of other similar product. vmware has a better technical support. the product does not have native integration between it and RedHat's RDO packages

Recommendations to others considering the product

you have to study well the product.It has a very comprehensive forum where you can get instant answers to all kinds of problems. including the very difficult

I have the ability to manage a large virtual infrastructure while reducing costs. Can I move my resources to buy better hardware resources

XenServer review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Useful Virtual Server"

What do you like best?

Citrix XenServer is nice in that it keeps all of my applications in one place. I like that I can log-in and have everything I need right at my fingertips, instead of opening each application from my desktop.

What do you dislike?

I still have to enter a password for each application I use. I would like to be able to just log onto Citrix and open the applications I need without having to enter a password each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very nice not having to pay for multiple licenses. If you wanted to work from home, you would just have to download Citrix to have access to the tools you need.

Again, it's nice to have all applications in one place. It also makes working from home so much easier, as we don't have to pay for licenses on each of the programs.

XenServer review by Steven L.
Steven L.

"I use this product to access other programs hosted on Citrix servers"

What do you like best?

The servers are reliable and very rarely do we have a problem being able to access the servers we use to do our work every day.

What do you dislike?

Stability has improved in my time using the product however when they fail, it can be detrimental to our workload. I'm not in IT so I'm not directly involved with issues like that so maybe it isn't the software but sometimes other factors. Overall, I'd say we've been successful with Citrix

We have multiple business locations integrated with our servers and they are reliable, secure, and fast.

XenServer review by Abby J.
Abby J.

"An easy way to access my work email on my mobile device"

What do you like best?

I like that I can securely access my work email while I am not at work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it isn't as streamlined as other email applications. It requires a bit more time to load.

If there is a link in an email I am trying to access I can't because it doesn't connect with the internet on my mobile device. It isn't the most user friendly application to utilize so I use it in a limited capacity.

XenServer review by Ngocngan C.
Ngocngan C.

"XenServer Review"

What do you like best?

It's a free download by Citrix and deploying the product was fairly easy. There are a lot of instructions and forum regarding this product.

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of bugs and most of the time they were known bugs. You would think Citrix would do something about this but they would just post it on their forums.

I was working for a backup and recovery software company. We leverage the Citrix hypervisor since we deploys our virtual machines in it.

XenServer review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"A great program that has it all"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of Citrix is awesome because all your favourite apps are all in one easy to locate place.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is something I really hate about Citrix. Everything i've used so far has been very easy to use and nothing comes to mind about anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend over other products of it kind. Well actually there's not really a lot other products that do what Citrix can ! So thats another reason why I like it !

On Citrix we can access our other main servers with ease such as EPIC. Ease of use 100%.

XenServer review by Administrator

"Citrix XenServer"

What do you like best?

I like Citrix XenServer because it allows me to setup applications for my brokers that are outside my organization

What do you dislike?

Citrix XenServer is good but needs at least 3-4 servers to run. if you have virtual servers then it help but if not it could be pricy for the hardware.

I am able to setup applications for my brokers that are outside my organization

XenServer review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"One of the best server management software of in house data centers "

What do you like best?

The best part of the xen server, is easy to management. Provides lot of flexibility for admins and developers to create and manage multiple nodes on xen server. It's windows xen server manager provides lot of visibility and enables admins to monitor the resources of the underlying hardware.

Xen server api's developers to build 3rd party apps for better usability and handling.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't come with the xen server manager for linux. OS dependent

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running your production workload on xen server, I suggest you guys to have a in house of xen server and use it for quality and qa purposes. which will help to reduce the infrastructure cost massively.

I am running the all the test and QA machines on xen server which is deployed in house.

XenServer review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Xenserver"

What do you like best?

Xenserver was one of the first dedicated Virtual host server and stayed free with the community edition. The community is friendly and helpful if you have any issues. The server is robust and mature, giving it an advantage in the virtual server market.

What do you dislike?

Xenserver, at the time of when i installed it last, the UI that you use to control the host, wasn't very strong. As the product matured it was improved. But at the time, it wasn't the high point of the server.

When i was tasked to reduce the cost of user desktops, i was testing out xendesktop and the documentation i had recommended using xenserver to host the desktops. So i would set up a xenserver and put the provisioning server as a virtual server.

XenServer review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Must have for office professionals "

What do you like best?

Allows me to work remotely, improving efficiency and allowing peace of mind. Use it for cumbersome programs. Sometimes runs laggy but unclear if that is attributed to the vpn program or not. Overall highly recommend mu

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can be laggy with launching new programs. It has limitations on what can be accessed through it. Only allows me to access production and not test databases

It has helped make me more efficient. I travel a lot for work and this saves me from having to come into a field office. Allows real time access to software

XenServer review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Xenserver for everyday applications"

What do you like best?

I liked that xenserver is able handle multiple operating systems on a single device. This allowed us to run multiple operations from a single server. Hosting Xenapp applications and users virtual machines from the same location made managing and monitoring a much more enjoyable process.

I primarily liked that xenserver was very robust when it came to GPU within VDI environments. We could easily show off how GPUs and VDI environments were a possibility to those in the autocad and design fields.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing currently that I dislike about Xenserver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Xenserver is opensource and free. There is also very good support for GPUs on the xenserver hypervisors if your company is looking to go in that direction.

We realized that virtualization of applications and virtual machines let us better manage and report upon applications and resources.

XenServer review by User

"Citrix from a Remote User Perspective"

What do you like best?

Support of multiple applications in a secure environment. Very useful solution in an office environment.

What do you dislike?

Significant issues with remote access and in particular very limited web browsing capabilities in the version used by our company. As a frequent traveller its the single biggest frustration

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the type of workforce you have. If most staff are in the office on a daily basis then you will find Citrix more than adequate. If you have significant remote staff or mobile staff you may find thats its a little inflexible in a remote operational mode

Citrix has been used to provide a multiple application capability, strong desktop capability all under the strong security domain of the Citrix platform

XenServer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Xenserver fits right between VMware and Hyper-V"

What do you like best?

We can migrate the VM's from one server to another using Xenserver and it is very easy to do so. Organization view, Objects by tag, taking snapshots easily are some of the features of Xencenter which I find handy.

What do you dislike?

Xenserver doesn't allow you to reduce the size of the storage of the copied VM. I think that feature would really be very good.

I'm using Xenserver for managing the VMs and it is pretty easy to get started with Xenserver. I manage multiple servers using the Xencenter application.

XenServer review by Renato O.
Renato O.

"Great Virtualization"

What do you like best?

The openness of the underling hypervisor (so we can do stuff like software raid, custom ssh ports)

Docker container support

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the hypervisor does find the storage and need to plug/unplug several times to enable again (increasing the VM downtime)

4 Servers cluster and about 30 VMs (20 for production and a few for testing new tech)

XenServer review by Blake J.
Blake J.

"Very handy"

What do you like best?

Being able to work through it from the comfort of my own home.

What do you dislike?

Too many glitches and freezing of the screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to connect with virtual server but be prepared for glitches. I still recommend giving them a try.

Being able to work from home.

XenServer review by User in Higher Education

"Great features!"

What do you like best?

The product has plenty of amazing features and is easy to use and setup. High data usage has never really been a problem in terms of noticeable lags. The ability to run multiple operating systems on a single device is also a great feature!

What do you dislike?

I used it for quite a while and didn't really find anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using the free version, make sure you have experience managing the system environment as no support is provided.

As I worked from outside the office quite a bit, XenServer proved out to be of a great use! Further, I never faced any downtime which saved a lot of time!

XenServer review by jenna e.
jenna e.

"Great product, used for 5+ years"

What do you like best?

It keeps everything I one place, you log into citrix environment and everything is right there at your finger tips. Xen server has been pretty awesome. No downtime like we used to experience when we just had basic citrix servers.

What do you dislike?

When citrix crashes, it's right back up which used to be a mess but has since been fixed and that would have been my only dislike.

No down time, no lag between upgrades or maintaince. Saves alot of time now using this xen server which we love.

XenServer review by Dyallen E.
Dyallen E.

"great tool and easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy to use and user friendly. it does not take a lot of time to understand how to use this software

What do you dislike?

so far, i have not find anything that i dislike.

I am able to go to PC server from my Mac to grab previous version / back up files

XenServer review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"XenServer Review"

What do you like best?

I like that you can access a desktop remotely. I also like how it can be accessed from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it freezes and kicks you out/disconnects frequently. I also do not like how you can't access your own computer at the same time, and use it interchangeably, like you can with other remote desktop servers.

I have realized that I am able to work from anywhere while using XenServer. This is a benefit because I am able to work outside of my office.

XenServer review by andre h.
andre h.

"Citrix Review "

What do you like best?

This is easy to install and use on workstations once setup on servers

What do you dislike?

very slow on some systems and usually get a flash player message based on the browser used.

running virtual secured networks applications

XenServer review by User

"Data Server"

What do you like best?

This allows organizations to provide users with self-service access to their applications and services -- all with a common user interface, regardless of the endpoint device hardware, OS or form factor.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly dislike this software.

IT department; Making sure it complies with regulations and does not interfere with other network.

XenServer review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Unrealible interface for users "

What do you like best?

Industry standard, and as long as you pay for it the support is very good

What do you dislike?

Very unrealible for my users. Sometimes they can connect sometimes they can't . Network and equipment are well above minimum requirments but still have major issues

Allows us to benefit from programs and environments that we would not be able to offer to all our users

XenServer review by User in Higher Education

"Wasnt exactly what we needed "

What do you like best?

This was a very easy to use system but it was not right for our needs

What do you dislike?

There was not enough positives to make this a smart purchase

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program, just not a good fit for our uses

WE are working with putting together a virtual server

XenServer review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"XenServer"

What do you like best?

Frequent updates and improvements. Doesn’t have too many downtime’s.

What do you dislike?

Slow at times. When working in an ER we need things to move a bit faster.

Updates often, improving often, fixing issues quickly, great support

XenServer review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Hospital server "

What do you like best?

This product is very efficient and makes work easier.

What do you dislike?

You can become locked out of the service quite easily.

Patient access and record keeping.

XenServer review by Shera S.
Shera S.

"Citrix rocks!"

What do you like best?

ease of use, accessibility, collaboration, CitrixTraining

What do you dislike?

uninformed sales reps, Want full features on mobile apps

providing just in time virtual training and webinars

Learning about XenServer?

* We monitor all XenServer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.