XenServer

Citrix XenServer is a complete server virtualization software platform built on the powerful Xen hypervisor offering fast and secure virtualization.

Work for XenServer?

Learning about XenServer?

XenServer Reviews

Showing 38 XenServer reviews
XenServer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Citix Xen Center - Easy to Work with Any Virtual Machine"

What do you like best?

The best part I loved about it that I can work with any of the Virtual System accordingly. Like I have Libre Application installed on my system, but, when I want to work on Microsoft Office application, I access Xen Center and work on any machine having required MS Office version.One can easily save the space on his/her system when there is an application installed on VM, then there is no need to install, if the size of the application is big, that on your system, this will not only increase the space but, allows a user to work with more software also.

What do you dislike?

The thing I didn't like at all is that We have to keep patience while working with Citrix. It works very slow sometimes. Especially when I have to complete my work on urgent basis then I face difficulties with its speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

to maintain the speed only. otherwise, its a perfect application to work with.

Easily operating different applications simultaneously on different machines, which even saves space on a particular system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about XenServer
XenServer review by <span>Shauna S.</span>
Shauna S.

"XenServer works wonders for most Virtual Applications and Agnets!"

What do you like best?

I liked the interface and the ability to interact with the hierarchy during issues, if any, I was experiencing. It also helped move seamlessly when accessing various areas of the server on the desktop. I like the ay you can move between windows and not loose information as well. Priced well and utilization opens so may doors for the virtual agent and company!

What do you dislike?

The only downside I could really find is the way the interface resembles older programs. Updating the interface with newer colors, etc may help make it more interesting to virtual agents who work with it. Interactivity with other programs, etc tended not to be much of an issue... Did experience a slight issue with Citrix and XenServer, but this may have just been a compatibility issue...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you check compatibility with other programs, interface is a bit dated (At least the version we used was...) But, then again... it is about how well it interacts with other programs... and the XenServer will take you there and then some!!! An amazing opportunity for virtual agents and their hierarchy!

Solving interaction and inter-connectivity issues wit remote agents required XenServer. Benefits include the ability to reach out to remote computers and handle any issues remotely. Easy to use and makes using multiple agents and communication so much better by delivering ti in one area. Very forgiving as well! Implementation takes little or no time to begin

What Server Virtualization solution do you use?

XenServer review by <span>Stênio P.</span>
Stênio P.

"Greate Hypervisor with free license and many features"

What do you like best?

This hypervisor offer free resources that are in other paid hypervisors, like live migration, live storage migration, openvswitch with vxlans. It is compatible with cloud orchestrators like CloudStack and OpenStack. It supports paravirtualization, but currently HVM guests OS is better because of the current CPU that have virtualization support.

What do you dislike?

The snapshots management still presents problems, especially in environments with many virtual machines. The virtual memory management is still weak compared with others hypervisor. This software not has a central server to management of hosts. XenCenter is not good,demands so much memory and CPU to execute simple tasks with many VMs

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you don't depends of resources that needs VMware or Hyper-V, this hypervisor is for you.

we are using this hypervisor to offer IaaS to academic community of the University of Sao Paulo and others public universities. This hypervisor is the core of cloud computing service that is used to cientific processing. Other simple services uses our infrastructure too.

XenServer review by <span>Alex B.</span>
Alex B.

"Makes remote access a breeze."

What do you like best?

Logging in and connecting to remote applications is very simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I lose my login after about 5-10 minutes. In reality, this is a security issues and not so much an issue with Citrix itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on my experience, end-users of XenServer will have a fairly easy time getting connected from Windows XP/7/10. I use the product on a weekly basis and have no complaints.

I'm able to work from multiple locations with ease. As far as benefit, I've been able to complete tasks remotely that would've otherwise been impossible.

XenServer review by <span>Hernán R.</span>
Hernán R.

"Nice hypervisor, free, and opensource!"

What do you like best?

It's free and easy to implement, before putting my Xenserver to work I didn't really have experience with bare-metal virtualization, always used hosted hypervisors. Learning curve has been painless so far.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the way you have to use DDK to compile drivers that aren't included on Xenserver's custom Kernel, it may be my lack of experience at this moment, it's my only complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, there's a lot of documentation on internet!

We needed a fast way to install operative systems for a wide variety of purposes like development, testing, learning, breaking stuff and so on. We already had the hardware, so the only thing we did was convert our physical OS. Copying VM's is the fastest way to do our new deployments.

XenServer review by <span>Stan D.</span>
Stan D.

"XenServer is good for small companies"

What do you like best?

Fast deployment, low HW requirements, easy to setup, configure and support. Doesn't require additional managers deployed, can be managed from native console and provides virtual machine, storage migration and HA. Hypervisor supports level 1 virtualization. Works better with storage in terms of iSCSI connections and returns free space if compare with VMWare on storage which doesn't non-support additional features. Works more stable and faster than Hyper-V.

What do you dislike?

provides less options in comparison with VmWare products. Requires Citrix licensed specialists for support and maintenance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

XenServer is very easy to deploy and setup. Provides most functionality with no necessity to setup additional managers on top of it. Perfect for small business.

As hypervisor provides ability to utilize HW more sufficient and run many virtual servers/machines on one physical host. Also creating shapshot saves a lot of time during troubleshooting while deploying new software if rollback is required. Just few clicks and previous state is restored.

Learning about XenServer?

* We monitor all XenServer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.