XMind

XMind develops robust mind mapping, brainstorming and collaboration software and services.

Work for XMind?

Learning about XMind?

Compare XMind to Similar Solutions

XMind Reviews

Showing 24 XMind reviews
XMind review by <span>Krzysztof O.</span>
Krzysztof O.

I looooove XMind

What do you like best?

When I'm writing a book, thinking about something new or innovative, try to speak with my colleagues, work with my friends I click a couple of time and bam! - magic happens and everybody understand everybody. I'm testing ZEN and it looks smooth and relaxed to work with. I persuaded my CEO to us it for his own things. I would love to buy a full pro license for my company. I think that I will go Pro when ZEN final will be released

What do you dislike?

Why there is no Android version is beyond me. The system is based on eclipse so there are moments when it is a little heavy, and slow. No more cloud... I loved that, but they took it down. I would like to see if Gantt feature is worth the price (among other things) but I have to buy it to test it - that is lame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, and then use it again. It can be hard at the beginning to work with mind maps, but when you will discover capacities then WoW will happen.

Problem solving, and communications. It is so easy to show what I meant with XMind that I shame myself for not finding it earlier. I would love to try the gantt feature. I plan the general development in XMind.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about XMind
XMind review by <span>Teresa C.</span>
Teresa C.

Useful in many domains

What do you like best?

Mind mapping is a "way to think" and organize ideas and concepts. Several IT tools exist in this domain but Xmind is really the best one in terms of UI and features. The maps are highly configurable. It is so easy to use that it is possible to create maps "in real time" during a meeting, which is really useful in our field. You can add markers, comments, notes, links, images...

What do you dislike?

The only important limit of this tool is the lack of collaboration with other users, 'cause it is not a web based solution, easily shareable.

Of course I'd like to have more functions for free but it is not mandatory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just try and you will see :)

I use Xmnd for several tasks in UX/UI field: to create Architecture in Information (for web sites), to create content carthography, to put Personas, to make basic Card Sorting, to classify ideas into categories, to create a user path into a digital product (with screenshots for each screen of a flow, for exemple)...

What Diagramming solution do you use?

XMind review by <span>Bernardo C.</span>
Bernardo C.

Nice mind mapping tool.

What do you like best?

Xmind is a very easy to use mind mapping software. It's user interface allows us to easily understand how does it work and it it pretty versatile in terms of stablishing relationships among text boxes.

More: the free version allows for enough connections, making it one of the best free mind mapping softwares available.

What do you dislike?

The app is not very fast and consumes plenty of resources, with makes it hard to use when dealing with several amounts of data/diagrams, making it hard to navigate accross the app. It could also be important to have a feature that allowed us to share the diagrams with out colleagues, so that we could cowork.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use free mind mapping App, xmind is one of the best.

XMind serves the purpose of helping us, marketeers, organize information and structure it in a way that it is easier to understand the workflow of a specific process.

XMind review by <span>Gjalt W.</span>
Gjalt W.

Good for organizing research

What do you like best?

XMind is a mature, desktop based, mind mapping tool. I can organize my research very well. Dragging topics around works well. Linking to documents stored on the filesystem works well.

What do you dislike?

The product can be a bit slow to load/operate sometimes. Probably because it is based on Java. My opinion is that a modern product should have a fast and responsive UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for desktop software XMind is a great pption. We hava that requirement because we do not want our information stored in a cloud service.

Organizing my research. Adding links to websites, documents, video's works very well. Supports large mind maps by using different tabs that can be linked together.

XMind review by <span>Andy M.</span>
Andy M.

Worth the money

What do you like best?

I like that it has made it way easier to understand product flow and timelines. We've implemented the use of xMind mindmaps throughout our product development department and it has significantly changed the way we do business internally. The product completes 90% of needs. The other 10% is direct involvement from the agile process that makes things easier to comprehend and our sprints more organized.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the product is clunky, has a dated UI and is in desperate need of an overhaul from a design perspective. I get that it was designed for more technically minded people, but beautiful presentations sometimes make or break what's going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're ready to spend a significant amount of time understanding the product and some of its quirks. It is a massive time saver, but it is not incredibly user friendly and desperately needs a UI update.

The business problems that we solved were primarily based on organization. We've realized significant cost savings in having organized plans that are easy to follow and use. It has also organized our product maps to make them make more sense and to do more while working.

XMind review by <span>Paul C. E.</span>
Paul C. E.

Best MindMapping Application I've Used—Useful for much more than brainstorming

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use, especially if you take a little time to learn the keyboard shortcuts. It is a very fluid and easy to navigate mind-mapping application. I also like the ability to easily switch among multiple formats. In addition to a traditional mind-map cloud, you can create a variety of vertical and horizontal trees, fishbone diagrams, and other diagram formats.

I've used it not only for brainstorming and organizing my thoughts, but it is also useful to create outlines, work breakdown structures, org charts, and simple project diagrams. I continue to find new ways to use the software. With the professional version, you can link to MS Project and export to Word, PowerPoint, and PDF documents and create an interactive Web pages.

Also useful is the presentation view that allows you to present and walk-through a diagram to a large group on an overhead or via a web cast, where it might otherwise be difficult to view the diagram.

What do you dislike?

If you insist on using your mouse, some of the features require multiple clicks and it is not always readily apparent where to find the button or menu item you are looking form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the keyboard shortcuts. Using a keyboard greatly increases your productivity with this software over using a pointing device.

I use this for three primary purposes:

1. The brainstorm and organize my thoughts

2. As a way to capture information during group-planning exercises

3. To create professional and easy to understand diagrams for presentations and discussions

Learning about XMind?

* We monitor all XMind reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare XMind to Similar Solutions