Xobni for Outlook

Xobni automatically finds all the people with whom you've ever exchanged emails, calls, or SMS messages. It instantly provides a full view of each contact, complete with their photo, job title, company details, and email history — as well as updates from Facebook and Twitter.

Work for Xobni for Outlook?

Learning about Xobni?

Xobni for Outlook Reviews

Showing 8 Xobni reviews
Xobni review by <span>Naga C.</span>
Naga C.

Improve your MS Outlook Experience

What do you like best?

Super fast searches on Emails

Amazing views (Slicing of data)

Ease of viewing attachments in one place

What do you dislike?

This seems to make Outlook comparatively slow. I know it is a value-add, but it shouldn't affect the regular functioning. Also, the initial indexing takes lot of time. Technically speaking, it may take that kind of time, but not being able to use the app for that long makes the first experience bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very fast and easy solution for your Outlook issues. Many of the features that Outlook should've built are built by Xobni. After installing, you need to wait for an hour or so for it to start working. After that you will observe that every mail interaction you do will be different, supported by Xobni. For example, when you click on an Email, immediately you can see statistics such as recent Email threads from that person, attachments sent by that person etc., In one click, you can Email that person, you can schedule a meeting with that person and so on. It also shows the appointments you have with this person, so that you get a complete 360 degree view of all your interactions with every contact. I also like the statistics shown by Xobni: For example, what is the favorite time to Email this contact. Such statistics are very useful in keeping our interactions smart and perfect. They have also added support for recent social trends such as Share. Another powerful feature is Global search of all contacts, Emails.

Ability to search and find emails/threads quickly

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Xobni for Outlook
Xobni review by <span>Fawzi B.</span>
Fawzi B.

side bar that saves you time

What do you like best?

it creates detailed profile for each person you ever contact. even contacts in common they will attach it. i like how they are extracted everything from all social media and makes it easily organized. after using it for a while you will get hooked it will feel like an essential plugin to your outlook.

What do you dislike?

it is scary how it analyzes everything in my mail. i wonder if it use a cloud service or the algorithm is local. this was my main concern when using it. the app feels like a yahoo app and it feels that doesnt integrate with the application.

i tried this as a trial and i really liked it. since it is a fork of yahoo it can sync with yahoo mail easily. i wish they can add more functionality for other services.

What Other Email solution do you use?

Xobni review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.

A Fantastic Outlook Add-in

What do you like best?

It was very responsive and could pull all associated emails in to view which made communications very easy. Xobni did not slow my computer down and functioned fantastically. With the rise in popularity of social media it is now even easier to bring in additional data to construct the user profile.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with Xobni was the fact that it would not work with macOS. When I go my new job this add-in was not compatible and therefore I was unable to use it at all. The app was discontinued as well. I did also find that the additional information provided, like number of emails to or from a user wasn't really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this add-in to anyone that does a lot of work in email.

Xobni was extremely useful in my daily email. Since it would bring up all relevant emails as I was working I would be able to easily reference previous emails. It also made finding email incredibly easy.

Xobni review by <span>Gerardo M.</span>
Gerardo M.

Xobni is a great tool that helped me organize my emails better

What do you like best?

I like three features the best, first the search capabilities are very useful I can find stuff easier. Second, organization tools, it's very useful, specially the attachments section, where it will show all attachment in one place. And finally, the analytics provided, is nice to see this information, such as emails in and out for specific person.

Another nice feature regarding searching, is the ability to specify advance search settings, such as including as many search fields as needed, such as From, To, Has Attachments, CC'd, All, With, Date, Body, Subject, etc.

What do you dislike?

Well, this product seems to be discontinued, so latest version I found didn't work that well with latest version of Outlook. For instance, the panels doesn't seem to aligned very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial version before purchasing it, and use it for the trial period to decide if is the right tool for you.

Most importantly, the search problem. It's hard to find emails, attachments and specific email threads when you accumulate thousands of emails. So, adding better search capabilities solves this problem.

Xobni review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

MIss Xobni's Gadgets

What do you like best?

Gadgets have been long go in Xobni since approximately mid 2014. As a result, the program appears to be less resource intensive and runs smother. Will some might argue that the loss of features might not necessarily be something to be happy about, I personally find it useful as the platform is less resource intensive.

What do you dislike?

Gadgets... It was nice being able to associate a contact in different social platforms. Albeit some might argue that it was mostly a novelty and that the information that was captured and presented in the gadget was not that relevant after your first interaction with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Too bad the product is no longer supported by the developer of the parent company (Yahoo Inc.).

It was helpful for me to have some metrics on the number of interactions with might contacts. The information was succinct and easy on the eyes.

Xobni review by <span>Matt H.</span>
Matt H.

Xobni is the best Outlook management system I have tried

What do you like best?

The best feature, hands down, about Xobni is the way it bundles attachments with people. This has made it so much easier to find that document that John Smith or Jane Doe sent me three weeks ago. Before Xobni, I was asking people to just resend emails with attachments, as that was quicker and easier than searching through my huge archives just to find one document.

What do you dislike?

Although Xobni is awesome, and makes keeping your Outlook mail organized a cinch, it can be buggy. When I contract or work full time for an organization, often times corporate contacts will get merged into personal contacts lists. So while I'll use it for work. I think it's telling, though, that I don't use it for personal use. I also don't use it on Android, because I feel that the Android app is too feature poor to be worth the install space and the sync resource drain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're ok with paying for it, definitely check out Xobni for your Email organization needs.

The biggest problem Xobni solves are some of the data organization problems inherent in email. The ability to cross reference contacts with social media lists and other CRMs is brilliant for keeping track of who's who from email to email. And like I said before, the grouping of files with people brilliantly solves the problem of hunting through hundreds of emails for attachments. I do wish that some of my colleagues would use the application too, since Xobni becomes much more powerful if your recent contacts use it too.

Learning about Xobni for Outlook?

* We monitor all Xobni for Outlook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.