Xplenty

Xplenty is a data delivery platform, designed to enable teams to derive insight from marketing campaigns data, sales pipeline statistics, customer data, application usage analysis and others.

Work for Xplenty?

Learning about Xplenty?

Xplenty Reviews

Ask Xplenty a Question
Showing 66 Xplenty reviews
Xplenty review by Steve L.
Steve L.

"Xplenty has been great for us"

What do you like best?

Xplenty has been easy to use and the support has been great. We haven't had any issues. We use it as an add-on through Heroku. It gives you many connections options including direct to Salesforce or to PostGres.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any real issues with Xplenty, You have to be creative with your connections to save node hours or you can pay for more of course :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid product that you can learn on your own. Knowledge of API's and data connections is certainly helpful, but Xplenty will you through creating connections and most connections these days are relatively well documented.

Xplenty has helped us connect several different databases including Salesforce. The connections are fairly simple to build and there is solid functionality to manipulate data where needed. We've been able to eliminate data silos and pull information from a finicky ERP that was previously a manual process to move data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Xplenty
Xplenty review by Neha R.
Neha R.

"Simplified ETL pipelines with tons of user level customization and yet highly reliable."

What do you like best?

Clean dashboard, optimum documentation for ease of user. System is highly reliable, yet they have elaborate error logs available in case of job failure. Also, job failures are gracefully addressed through job configuration where the latest successful run fills the data gap created from previous failed job. Proper alerting mechanism through emails is in place without any extra configuration required. Also, packages can be copied across accounts, this is useful in the case where we want to replicate an existing job configuration from one environment to another(for e.g. test to production) without any manual intervention. Lastly, I want to specifically mention the excellent support team Xplenty owns.. Thank you guys..!! Naftali, David, Omri

What do you dislike?

Nothing much is there to dislike about this product.

Yet I would strongly like to have an enhancement. While fetching data from an API(considering the case when response is in json), Xplenty currently auto-detects first level of json. But it can't auto-detect nested json. It maps it to either bag or map and then in the select component we manually need to extract the fields using jsonExtractScalar or jsonScalar. I would love if Xplenty auto-detects the nested json in the source component itself and not in select component. Basically, I want to pivot nested json response to unknown number of columns in redshift extracting fields from all levels of json hierarchy.

If this feature is currently supported, then please help me out implementing it.

Loading data from various data sources(mostly APIs) into a central data warehouse. Also backing up the same data to some cheap storage. In my case, the data source is sparkpost, twilio and mixpanel APIs whereas the destination is amazon-redshift and amazon S3 bucket. It eases collection of analytics data.

What iPaaS solution do you use?

Xplenty review by Lally B.
Lally B.

"Great product and support team"

What do you like best?

As a bonus to the product features, Xplenty has excellent customer service. The team goes above and beyond to work with us to develop our data flows and answer any questions we have about the product in their real-time chat system. If bugs or feature requests are discussed, the support team works with us to find adequate workarounds and keeps us in-the-loop while the fix/feature is implemented.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see support for package versioning. Even the ability to view edit history would be a nice addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent support team, ongoing product improvement. Overall a great experience with the product so far.

We were looking for an easy way to compile/manipulate large amounts of data from a number of sources. Xplenty has provided a solution that has made prototyping and development easy, fast and reliable.

Xplenty review by Bodor L.
Bodor L.

"Xplenty makes data integration very easy"

What do you like best?

- Xplenty allows me to acquire data, transform it, organize it and analyze the data intuitively and effectively.

- It allowed us to free up development resources that were previously tied up in making data integration pipelines with custom software. That is not needed anymore as Xplenty solves this issue for us and we can achieve the same result with significantly less resources and very quickly.

- We love the fact that Xplenty integrates with the major data warehouses like Amazon Redshift for example.

What do you dislike?

There are certain integrations that are missing as of now but I'm sure they will add them eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. I'm sure you will find that you have much more free time to focus on your business goal, instead of maintaining your data pipelines.

Moving data from one platform to another and also transformation of the data.

Xplenty review by Franck G.
Franck G.

"SaaS online ETL solution at best"

What do you like best?

The user and tech support are amazing. The platform is pretty easy to use and you don't need a lot of trainning to use it. And the online help is really good.

What do you dislike?

The UI maybe improved, It's sometimme dificult to find some functions / packages. A better log / console / output solution will greatly improce the tools, especialy for debugging.

And last,, a real MDM solution will be a huge addons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitively try it. This solution is really easy to use and cover 90+ % of the ETL needs of a small to medium business

We have to collect data from more than 30 differents sources. Xplenty help us to maintain all the various API call. We save hundred of developping hours. It also help more junior analysts to be able to aggregate data without the help of the senior team.

Last it help us to aggregate and normalize all our data srouces.

Xplenty review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"Excellent support, great service!"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to use tool that they are willing to guide you through! They even did custom connections for us! Beyond that, when we were confused about doing things, they were willing to walk us through and actually do some of the work until we understood.

What do you dislike?

Notification of holiday hours would be nice. We had a mission critical migration going on when Passover came, no support as everyone was off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give xplenty a try. Work with the sandbox a bit, and if something is confusing, ask support, they always seem to reply within about 5 minutes for us!

We've been able to migrate from Netsuite into Google Bigquery, Bigquery to Salesforce, as well as various other combinations of software fairly intuitively! It's far easier to learn than other integration tools, and just as powerful!

Xplenty review by Pablo S.
Pablo S.

"My xplenty experience"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the costumer support, they're always there in case you have any doubt. Even if you don't ask them something, they are constantly monitoring their system and asking you if you need any help with any of your running jobs.

What do you dislike?

Errors might not be the most descriptive, and it has happen to me that and strange error happens that I don't know how to solve. I had it happen that a package got stuck for too long (7 hours, compared to 10 min averawge) and they weren't able to fix it, but so far it has only happen once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, amazing costumer support. Hihgly recommended for data replication and mergin data from diferent sources to a common one.

Creating ETL process, quickly, easyly and more importantly reliably. Benefits include the facility to create new packages and duplicate them, so you do less work when you need that. There's also a nice API which we us to complement the capabilities of Xplenty

Xplenty review by Sudhir A.
Sudhir A.

"Huge time saver"

What do you like best?

Things we like the best -

1) Ease - It is very intuitive product.

2) Variety - It has tons of integrations ready to go.

3) No maintenance - Since it's on the cloud we don't have to spend our IT resources managing the systems.

4) Customer Support - There had been few times when I needed help with formatting the data. Live support was always there to help me. You get emails from real people when something fails - they are watching!

What do you dislike?

Package organization and inability to group components within a package (wink wink - Add a sequence container)

Building ETL pipelines with the speed of light. We could write integrations using python but Xplenty saved us lot of time. We wanted to spend more time understanding data; not how to get to it and Xplenty did that for us.

Xplenty review by Stephen F.
Stephen F.

"Excellent tool if you are looking for a powerful yet simple to use way to move your data."

What do you like best?

By far, their support is incredible. They are incredibly responsive and helpful and the people doing the support know their stuff. Next, I would say that they have found a nice blend of capabilities and simplicity. We have been able to get non-engineers productive in the tool very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I know that they are working on this but the new UI is much better but doesn't seem to be fully completed. We are still forced to jump between the old and new. Not terrible but it will be nice to be fully transitioned.

We have a lot of SaaS services that we use that lock up a tremendous amount of valuable data. We needed a way to bring this value back in house to combine with data from other systems to maximize its value. We were able to do this very quickly with xplenty and now we are able to take value adding aggregate data and push it back to these services such as Salesforce. This has made these tools even more valuable.

Xplenty review by Jamie B.
Jamie B.

"Good Product backed by great service"

What do you like best?

What we love best about Xplenty is the near real time support we get from the team. Xplenty's point of difference is the customer support we receive. The product itself is good. Easy to use at a high level. The people at Xplenty are the difference - which is unusual for Cloud proposition. A nice change from dealing with a faceless machine.

What do you dislike?

If I had one complaint it would be lack of the ability to interrogate datatypes in the processing flow before it's pushed to the hadoop cluster. Sometimes troubleshooting the ETL process is a little slower than it could be because of that. I'm sure as the product develops that will improve - we have many examples where we've found an issue and then their engineers proactively work to solve it. Online Documentation could do with some improvement but that is mitigated by the customer service.

We're building our business around a completely automated no touch information flow. Xplenty has helped us realise that in an affordable fairly priced way. The particular problems we're solving is being in a place to flexibly deal with 1M new rows of information every day in order to make good decisions about the smart-grid infrastructure that we're getting that data from.

Xplenty review by Brendan B.
Brendan B.

"Great Support and Powerful functionality"

What do you like best?

Amazing support. I always get a quick and helpful response. Visual structure of building data flows means I can more easily introduce less technical colleagues to the tool and have a higher expectation of their success.

What do you dislike?

Occasional UI glitches that I need the support team to fix. Lack of results simulation can make debugging slower. Iteration is slower when I need to allow it to complete and fail before resolving issues.

We are building a data warehouse in Bigquery of marketing data to use in online reporting dashboards. This is merging data from multiple sources, including FTP file storage, Google Sheets, and external API's. We also leverage the tool to create more complex outputs such as forecasted data and generating deltas between periods. It helps to ensure we can generate the output exactly as desired, without needing to shoehorn into limitations of dashboard tools.

Xplenty review by Sharat V.
Sharat V.

"Comprehensive Feature Set, Excellent Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Their customer support is excellent, they've addressed issues I've brought up in a timely manner and also implemented reference solutions for complex problems that are incredibly useful for getting the maximum value from their platform. Variety of data sources, destinations and intermediate transforms covers all of our ETL needs and most of our third-party integration requirements as well.

What do you dislike?

Entry level plan at 250 hours per month is on the expensive side. Lack of XML support (they support JSON just fine).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall this is an excellent product.

Ingest, clean and enrich client data before loading into our systems. Pull data from ad platforms like Facebook and services like Stripe. Generate and export reports for clients and for internal use.

Xplenty review by Mike  B.
Mike B.

"Good but could be cheaper"

What do you like best?

I like the relative power of the new UI, where you can connect a source to a destination and pass it through some transformations along the way. I configured this a while ago and haven't had to touch it, which is what I was hoping for. In most cases I've been able to take care of some of the configurations that other ETL solutions didn't allow.

What do you dislike?

The price for this service is very high, relative to other companies doing the same thing. There are plenty of cheaper ETL solutions around who are rapidly developing new features, and I'm not sure that xplenty will still be as attractive in a year. Also, there is at least one unusable feature that has yet to be fixed---I wanted to be able to synchronize from an Azure container, but this still doesn't work like the AWS bucket synchronization. Also, incremental database transfers are not particularly easy and required some SQL coding. This is a checkbox in most other ETL solutions I looked at.

data warehousing. Also geo-ip tagging.

Xplenty review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Simple and Flexible Integrations"

What do you like best?

The number of integrations. Xplenty supports a good number of the platforms we use and makes it very easy to bring that data to our data warehouse.

I also love the pricing model. "cpu hours" is much more reasonable pricing than # of rows. I get a lot more value out of xplenty than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

Complexity and lack of documentation. I'm not looking to do a whole lot of ETL between the data source and destination. For example, it took me a long time to figure out the available options for "table". The documentation pointed me to the schema browser but it wasn't very clear that I needed to click "View v2017.2 SuiteTalk Schema Browser Online" then "Connect Browser" to view the list of tables. I would have expected xplenty to be able to query netsuite for a list of tables, then present a dropdown, similar to how its able to query for the list of columns.

Another example is LinkedIn. I don't know how I would have ever figured that out if xplenty did not provide a template. Many of the "integrations" listed on the website just come from supporting REST.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's more involved than just typing your name/password for each data source and hitting go.

Integrating all of our data sources into our data warehouse on a >nightly basis.

We have AdWords, Bing, Netsuite, and LinkedIn Ads hooked up. We would like Twitter Ads, Ringcentral, Outreach.io, cloud health, google sheets (source), and Marketo

Xplenty review by Santiago E.
Santiago E.

"Great Service and tool!"

What do you like best?

In the time I've been using XPlenty, I really liked the tool and the amount of work it saved us from doing, that we achieved in just some hours with XPlenty. Also the chat support was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I found the UI a part of the application that can be improved. In some times I found it a bit confusing. For example when running a package, the first time I was afraid that clicking the "Play" button will run the production package, I didn't assume that it would pop up a dialog to pick the environment.

Database migrations / Data transformation for analytics. It saved us effort and time of building a ETL tool or process.

Xplenty review by Roie S.
Roie S.

"Great Cloud ETL service with A++ online support "

What do you like best?

Their ability to work with many sources (both relational and non-relational DBs, JSONs, XML etc.), but definitely the support team with their prompt responses and solutions.

I haven’t met many providers with such a patient and helpful team, which sometimes stay with you hours on the chat until you have what you need.

Also the tool has many features-yet-to-come, they always have suggestions and work-arounds on more complicated issues which haven't been implemented yet in the GUI.

Xplenty has a great API and many connectors to DBs and other cloud providers, making it easy to implement it into existing workflows.

What do you dislike?

Actually nothing, maybe those several missing features I wish they would be already implemented in the GUI (but hey, they are constantly improving)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to set up and start working on it immediately.

Try and see for yourself

The whole ETL process which until now was coded in Python

Xplenty review by Alexandru B.
Alexandru B.

"My experience with Xplenty"

What do you like best?

The customer support is one of the best I have experience. They were very prompt every time I would have an issue with using Xplenty. Moreover, the development team is also quite fast, as they were able to implement pagination for an API I was using in less than 2 days.

What do you dislike?

It's impossible to perform iterations for APIs unless i create a table with all the indexes and load them into xplenty. I also think the rest API modules should accept inputs coming from selects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise that you keep the support as efficient as is and improve the set of features, which is still rather basic for some use cases (like performing a REST API request multiple times).

I'm creating a data warehouse solution for a marketing company. The platform helped me gather data from a lot of marketing sources.

Xplenty review by Consultant

"It's good at what it's good at"

What do you like best?

As an SaaS ETL tool, it mimics some of the ETL tools "of old" such as Pentaho, SSIS, etc. But, by leveraging cloud services, you can have this ETL environment up and ready for development with a conversation - perhaps same day.

What do you dislike?

Needs the ability to change connection based on a variable (environments: dev/prod, etc). Without this, to ensure safety, we have to have separate packages for dev/prod rather than simply changing environments. They are very close to this with variables, but to my knowledge you can't use variables in the Connections. You also can't have "secure" variables that can be input, but never known to the end user. The new "beta" version of the UI adds some much needed features such as workflow, but it adds a TON of useless whitespace, which is the trend of the last few years. Significant waste of space, loved the compactness of the old version better. Needs folders (or worst case "tags") to organize packages. Should be a one-day implementation, shocked this doesn't exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the limitations and ensure it will work for you prior to pulling the trigger.

Cloud to Cloud data warehousing. Great integration with Salesforce, Netsuite, GCP. Simple to get started if your cloud accounts aren't too locked down (VPN, etc).

Xplenty review by Corinna Z.
Corinna Z.

"Top notch customer & support service"

What do you like best?

The live support chat is what separates XPlenty from its competition. 10/10 for that. The number of premade integrations is also in the top 3.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across any negative aspects so far. There are always more connections that could be (and are) added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of competitors out there but what really made me become a fan of XPlenty is its live support chat. Every data source is vastly different and has a steep learning curve when it comes to APIs. XPlenty has a lot of premade integrations but usually my clients have very specialized data sources online that require using the Rest API. Every single time in the past 3 months has the support been helpful, sometimes daily, all day long. Nevertheless, XPlenty is in the top 3 of the number of premade integrations I believe.

I help my clients get their social media and advertisement data from all their different online sources into SQL databases which they can then use for data visualization purposes. Not having to use multiple software to achieve this has been a big plus.

Xplenty review by Shachar A.
Shachar A.

"Breaks the dependency on R&D"

What do you like best?

Xplenty saves us lots of developers hours (internal and external), simplify data integration and cancel the need in many Salesforce Apex Codes. Within minutes, you can create any process you want from multiple data sources for your needs.

What do you dislike?

As a non-developer, sometimes I need a step-by-step guide in order to understand (and not just execute) the processes I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I would have the option, I would use Xplenty 3 years ago, and save valuable time and resources.

As a Customer Success team, we want to have the accurate data, real-time, in our CRM, for alerting and measuring purposes. With Xplenty, we can easily do that to give better service to our customers.

Xplenty review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"A great tool for developing data processing"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to use, and does not require experts to use. Anyone with some basic knowledge in data manipulation (and business knowledge) can use it. The UI is simple, easy and clear. The support is GREAT!! we asked for a new connector and it was ready in less than a month.

What do you dislike?

We did not have any issues. If you need to tune performance, you might need someone with more technical knowledge (but this is the same as in any tool).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use. We do not use it for Big Data, but for our use it is great. They have great service!

We use Xplenty to enable our business users to create data processes for their own use (like query DWH and export data to Salesforce). It is very quick and has good monitoring.

Xplenty review by Mitchell B.
Mitchell B.

"Allows me to easily access data from various sources"

What do you like best?

Once packages are created and jobs are scheduled, shipping data between sources becomes a completely automated process. Customer support is usually quick to respond to questions too.

What do you dislike?

Some of the packages to move data from certain channels are a little clunky, but they provide templates to make it easier to get started.

Moving all advertising data to Google BigQuery to make it easier to track performance without sifting through every channel. Also moved data from our mySQL database to BigQuery to improve query speed and reduce load on our live database servers.

Xplenty review by Administrator in Alternative Medicine
Administrator in Alternative Medicine

"Xplenty makes the ETL process user friendly"

What do you like best?

Before xplenty I had almost no experience with the ETL process or data in general for the most part. Luckily their support team was fantastic and they were willing to walk me step by step through the convoluted mess that is data management.

Seriously they are available around the clock and always respond withing 5-10min.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could create folders for your packages so that related packages would be easy to find. I also would like better scheduling. Not being able to schedule jobs to SPECIFIC nodes means we waste node hours regularly or are forced to run a less than optimized scheduling system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to jump into it. After a week or two with assistance from support you will know the platform in and out.

I am solving too many to count but the main problems being solved are:

1) Cut development time in half for data migration and transformation (maybe more than half)

2) Operational Data Analytics

3) Call center monitoring

Xplenty review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Extremely Well Put Together - Lacks Advanced Functionality"

What do you like best?

Xplenty's integration and interface is bar none the best that I have seen in the business. They have put a lot of effort into building robust solutions very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Lack of advanced features and customization. Looping is a very important part to accomplish some of our most important API calls - unfortunately this was an area in which Xplenty did not succeed in meeting our expectations. Lack of Python or other programming languages was also an area that held it back from a more fully customization experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine the limits in which you can grow into the product. After several successful integrations we found ourselves at the mercy of the inability to push the product further.

Extracting digital marketing information and custom client integrations.

Xplenty review by Luca G.
Luca G.

"Everything good but something to change"

What do you like best?

Xplenty is a lot of userfriendly.

It's easy to learn and very powerful.

What do you dislike?

The workspace is not really clean, probably this is just a subjective idea, but when i develop with an etl the workspace must be clean instead of having some buttons that overlap the components.

With Xplenty i'm am developing some packages to migrate and modify a lot of data from a data source to an other.

Also i am able to test some API call and the correct connection to a different DB

Xplenty review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Xplenty eliminated all cron job headaches"

What do you like best?

Xplenty ETL platform removed our need to maintain cron jobs. Their customer support is also quite efficient in troubleshooting any pipeline transfer problems quickly.

What do you dislike?

Didn't like losing our primary support person after 6 months but such is the nature of tech.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any ETL needs and cron jobs are too difficult to administer across multiple ETL jobs then you definitely need to give Xplenty a try.

All our ETL jobs from various data lakes are now all being ETL'ed into Redshift via Xplenty. Its ideal for our data aggregation needs.

Xplenty review by Brock C.
Brock C.

"Great cloud-based ETL tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, connects to any database, very easy to schedule ETL jobs

What do you dislike?

The ETL transform functions aren't the best out there. It doesn't really stack up to the transforms you can do with other software like SSIS or Pentaho, but since you can use SQL you can really work around any of that if you do encounter a limitation.

We are building a Star schema data warehouse in the cloud and using Xplenty for the the ETL tool. It's been a very easy process and we've relied heavily on Xplenty for much of the processing since the source database isn't that powerful (we do aggregation and joining and calculations in Xplenty rather than using a SQL script off the database).

Xplenty review by Etan S.
Etan S.

"Great ETL service allowing us to move at extreme speed"

What do you like best?

Xplenty makes it extremely easy to understand how to do really developed ETLing, this brings down the barrier and gives the power of moving and cleaning data to an entire company.

Xplenty has amazing customer support, and continues to proactively help us use the product as well as possible.

What do you dislike?

UI update could be nice, and the ability to schedule within a collection would be amazing.

Moving data from production systems with order and minimal impact to SLAs. Cleaning data for standalone products, allows us to move extremely quickly.

API calls at scale, and great json parsing.

"Awesome tool!"

What do you like best?

What I like best of the tool is how you can define a data workflow with their respective transformation in a really easy and visual way. Just by adding nodes in the package editor page you can add any type of sql command you like. Moreover the columns selector are kind of cool, where you can see which attributes you have available for that node.

What do you dislike?

There some bugs in the UI that make the experience a little bit difficult. For example there are some times where the validation fails at first, but when I refresh the page it passes. I would be awesome if I don't have to refresh at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would really recommend this tool for anyone, it was really easy to learn and we had a functional dataflow in few days. Editing these is also really cool and kind of fun actually. It makes it really easy to move data from an application to another with features that help you know which attributes you have available in each node of the flow.

We are syncing and transforming data from one app to another in order to perform data analytics. Xplenty came really handy when we were defining the architecture, we had a tough deadline, and at first we where considering the option of doing this our selfs, but it was a really crazy goal to accomplish. When we found about Xplenty we didn't even doubt about using it, it was the perfect tool to solve our issue. And by adding this one to our architecture, we could reach the deadline with a really good product!

Xplenty review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"Smooth integration process with Xplenty!"

What do you like best?

We use Xplenty to integrate different softwares into our CRM Salesforce. Very smooth process and works well. We have tried other integration systems but none of them work as well as Xplenty. Highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike at this point. Product works well and has a fair price point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for integrating other softwares. Saves time and effort.

Seamless integration. Saves a lot of time and effort to integrate with them.

Xplenty review by User

"Easy to use ETL-Tool with great support"

What do you like best?

The fast and qualitative support, the user interface and how easy it is to build connections and schedules.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some things are not very clear and you have to ask the support. For instance the variables in a package are only going to work if you run the package as a job. I tried to run the REST API Connection in the package and wondered why it didn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure your data is of high quality

We are importing salesforce and marketing data from many different channels. The benefits are clearly automation of data flows and shape the basis of our analytics.

Xplenty review by Administrator

"Decent functionality, easy to use, limited documentation, poor version control"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use, strong customer support

What do you dislike?

Documentation is kind of weak, occasionally jobs will fail with no real explanation and work on reruns which scares me a little bit, no option to view past saved packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fine for out of the box stuff, lacks some customizability and documentation. The sweet spot for using Xplenty is probably a team with relatively strong technical knowledge but without the desire/time to set up a full Luigi/Airflow pipeline.

We use Xplenty to automate data transfer in and out of warehouses, collect from disparate sources, and to automate some other stuff similar to a cron job.

Xplenty review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Xplenty Saves Time and Increases Data Accuracy - In a Straightforward Manner"

What do you like best?

The employees at Xplenty, from management to the individual contributors, truly understand what small and medium businesses need to integrate data across their various systems. I came from very minimal experience working with SQL, REST APIs, and Salesforce SOQL. In a few weeks, we were able to connect our Salesforce into a SQL database for reporting, storage, and analysis. The time we saved and the insights we gained were invaluable.

With Xplenty's support, documentation, and straightforward design, there were very few challenges I faced. For any questions that came up, their support usually responded within a few minutes or at most the next business day, which was critical when we had time-sensitive projects. The cost of their service is well worth the accuracy, consistency, and time savings it provides. I would recommend them to anyone looking to connect data in CRM systems like Salesforce to SQL databases, and anything in between.

What do you dislike?

A while back, Xplenty transitioned to a new user interface for their product. It wasn't necessarily worse than before, but it took some time to figure out how to do the same tasks I was doing before in the old interface. This was a minor inconvenience, and I would suggest creating more documentation/training videos around how to transition from the old to new interfaces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend some time learning about REST APIs, JSON, and SQL. Doing so will give you a much better perspective on how and why Xplenty works, and this knowledge should help you figure out creative or nuanced solutions to connect your systems together. It is an investment of your time, but it will pay off personally and for the business as a whole.

Xplenty solves the problem of manual data extraction and insertion, and the errors that occur in this process. After configuration, which is a very important step, we realized a large time savings from this manual process. Any errors with our data that arose we knew were on our end, and this allowed for faster problem identification and resolution.

Xplenty review by Wojciech R.
Wojciech R.

"Great ETL platform to integrate various data in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Guys are VERY responsive and have flexible approach to customers` needs. Whenever there is any problem they help at once, even if this would mean creating a new integration or writnig custom data flows.

What do you dislike?

Product needs some interface optimization fine-tuning and more connectors.

Xplenty allowed us to build not only automated ETL workflows for a data warehouse but also dataflows for database migrations. We created one place where we can store all data from many sources.

Xplenty review by Yoann A.
Yoann A.

"Powerfull and very simple to use !"

What do you like best?

We use Xplenty primary to help us integrate datas from our many Adserving services

What do you dislike?

We have many package and it is not easy for us to find them.

I saw this must be better with new version in preview but i am still wainting for it.

We have many datas coming from different Ad sources.

With Xplenty, we could do it more quickly.

Xplenty review by Rui C.
Rui C.

"Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I think the product is good but the best part is the customer service experience because every time you face a difficulty the team is there to support (very responsive and very helpful).

What do you dislike?

The package preparation / design is not easy to use. For me, the template packages are a great feature but there should be videos explaining how to configure these packages.

Xplenty was one of the tools to build our BI capability.

Xplenty review by Adityo A.
Adityo A.

"Simplify our Job"

What do you like best?

How they bring hadoop to a very simple platform and based on cloud.

Fully configurable setting

Easy to setup

Many integration services

Great support team, always available

What do you dislike?

Still need more feature and capability.

Need more feature supporting Google BigQuery

Package. Price per node hours need to be reduced (maybe should consider pay as you use scheme)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should you consider having Hadoop running platform as your ETL but doesnt like the complexity of Hadoop, Xplenty will bring the same performance and capability with much less complexity to your platform

Integrating many data sources to our data stacks

Xplenty review by Administrator

"Quick to get up and running, does simple stuff from multiple sources well"

What do you like best?

Quick to get up and running

Relatively easy to use

Good variety of connectors

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions for transformations seem to be very bespoke, maybe look to refine or make them slightly easier to use / understand

Maybe a wiki to say "if you are trying to do x... then you can use the following functions" - can be added following user support cases answered

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick to get up and running

Look at connectors before making decision

good for use of simpler, need support (admittedly a quick response) for more transformation steps / more complicated

bringing in varied data sources into a central area

Combining different sets which we were unable to do before

Reducing manual reporting effort

New insights into data now new

Xplenty review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Xplenty"

What do you like best?

Customer support team, product reliability, customization

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit counter-intuitive when it comes to executing a job compared to similar services.

I think for the most basic use cases, the pricing is also slightly steep (but I found this across all similarly position services, so not a direct dig at Xplenty). If you need to get data warehoused quickly without dedicated, in-house resources, this is what you'll have to do.

Quick, reliable data ETL services. Ability to avoid reliance on engineering and sidestep bottlenecks.

Xplenty review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"Excellent tool"

What do you like best?

Xplenty provides a simple, intuitive interface for ETL operations. They have provided a number of feature upgrades since we have started using their tool, and their support is phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

Larger packages run slow and as a result can be tough to edit. I understand that xplenty is currently upgrading the UI to address this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions. They have a great team and are eager to help.

ETL from our core systems to our data warehouse at a reasonable cost compared to alternatives.

Xplenty review by Patrick R.
Patrick R.

"Data Scientist"

What do you like best?

* No server maintenance required

* Very easy to use

* Support staff really helpful

What do you dislike?

* Text editing can be clunky

* No R integration

* Integrating our data sources together

* Building an ETL pipeline for our data warehouse

Xplenty review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"A Complete ETL Tool without the headache"

What do you like best?

XPlenty manages to be simple to setup and use while still putting an extensive array of functionalities and transformations at your disposal to establish a customized dataflow.

What do you dislike?

The amount of details fed back to the user via the UI on the jobs that ran (completed or failed) could be more extensive, but the live support - when a problem occurs - more than make up for this and more details are always available via the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to contact XPlenty's live support, they will get you up and running in no time and will help you sort out common strategies in designing your pipeline.

Moving production data from an OLTP to a business Data Warehouse.

Xplenty review by Administrator

"A good solid Cloud ETL product with UX updates I'm looking forward to."

What do you like best?

It makes scheduling Jobs out of Redshift and delivering them into older RDS architectures a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There have been interface updates depicted on the homepage for over a year which have yet to be realized and made accessible to customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into it if you need to move quickly on Data integrations.

Bridging the gap between Cloud and On-premise data deliveries.

Xplenty review by Supabuth C.
Supabuth C.

"Xplenty Service"

What do you like best?

Promptly reply and good suggestions from supports

What do you dislike?

Internal Error in configuration, makes schedule tasks errors

Data Loading, Required less times to upload huge amount of data into data warehouse

Xplenty review by Julio R.
Julio R.

"great service at xplenty"

What do you like best?

the support is awesome! and the integration of packages is real easy

What do you dislike?

sometimes there to many functions available an little documentation

when you have many source data to collect like FACEBOOK ADWORDS GOOGLE ANALYTICS, you lost precious time implementing each single API implementation. and the you need to process the data.

with xplenty you do all of that on the fly

Xplenty review by User in Internet

"A great solution for running powerful ETL processes in a few simple steps"

What do you like best?

The workflow process is very simple and intuitive. Using the available connectors is pretty simple. The expression builder is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The management of packages in the UI could be better, i.e. being able to sort packages into folders and share between specific users rather than all users can see all packages in a single view.

Automating our marketing reports.

Xplenty review by Saar M.
Saar M.

"End to end ETL solution"

What do you like best?

customer support and customer service.

QUick rsponse time, very helpful

What do you dislike?

Lack of customizing and ordering packages

ETL for external data sources

By-demand integrations

Xplenty review by Keith S.
Keith S.

"Xplenty is a great service for moving data from different services into Redshift"

What do you like best?

Having the ability to manipulate the data as needed without being overly complex when we don't need to. Support is great. Always responsive and willing to help.

What do you dislike?

We could probably use more built in integrations with additional marketing sources.

We were trying to move data from many different data sources into Redshift. Xplenty has helped us do that quickly and easily.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to configure, and to setup

What do you dislike?

I would like a way to handle environments better (for example a variable that you could set somewhere to say this is production and it would use the database or connections from production). I also would like a way to test this in development

ETL

"Good support"

What do you like best?

Support is ready available via the quick chat option and support is able to quickly login and view progress

What do you dislike?

Need to explain the full background of the process followed. Support team could trace the issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure it integrates with your other softwares well

ETL. Great benefits

"Good tool for ETL work"

What do you like best?

It's graphical and works well for ETL processes.

What do you dislike?

You still need knowledge of programming fundamentals. It would be nice to have more templates to start from (e.g. bringing in a Google Sheet into BQ).

We are using for ingesting and ETL of different data sources into Big Query

Xplenty review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Easy to use tool for anyone in the organization to create data flows"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI and integration with most services

What do you dislike?

The documentation on how to work with JSON, bags, tuples, etc. Needs way more examples.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Moving and transforming data between Salesforce, SQL Server, Redshift, MySQL, Aurora, S3, BigQuery, BigTable, Google Sheets, NetSuite, and more.

"Easy to use ETL tool"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, no programming required

What do you dislike?

Support not available on the weekends and offhours

Avoiding having custom spark jobs and making it easy for various data people to create jobs and get alerts on failures and schedule jobs.

Xplenty review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Not bad and getting better"

What do you like best?

The velocity of change at which bug fixes and new enhancements have been deployed thus far.

What do you dislike?

The number of bugs my team and I have encountered.

Xplenty serves as our general integration middleware for our Heroku instance

Xplenty review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"A great data integration tool"

What do you like best?

I like the great selection of data connections.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Bing connector would have an option to pull all account associated to an MCC account.

We removed the need to maintain multiple APIs

Xplenty review by Administrator

"Solid Platform with Good Support"

What do you like best?

The Tech Support for aid in resolving issues is really good.

What do you dislike?

Learning the platform takes some time and dedication if used to other ETL type tools.

Xplenty is used for our ETL layer.

Xplenty review by Josh M.
Josh M.

"Powerful tools, outstanding support"

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable and accessible support team

What do you dislike?

No access to logs for debugging job issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support teem is the best, can really help you get the best out of the tools.

Data engineering without the data engineer

Xplenty review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great Support"

What do you like best?

The Xplenty support is just brilliant and apart from that the integration they provide is commendable.

What do you dislike?

There are no limitations as such.

Package and Databases integration.

"Review xplenty "

What do you like best?

support team help and features of xplenty.

What do you dislike?

some features are still in development.

Integration of various data sources into google cloud.

Xplenty review by Fernando P.
Fernando P.

"Amazing fast integration tool"

What do you like best?

Support and efficency are key at xplenty.

What do you dislike?

Somehow complex but support is perfect and brings you to the next level

ETLs

Xplenty review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Xplenty Review"

What do you like best?

The features of being able to test and roll out an API integration within a few hours or a few minutes is great. Support is also awesome

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a way to more easily sort and filter jobs. More permissions controls would be great to (e.g. someone who can create jobs but can't schedule)

API Integrations

Xplenty review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful ETL tool"

What do you like best?

I can pick most User Interface while structuring etl processes.

I think it is very easy and useful,

What do you dislike?

It would be low performance and still BETA UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Xplenty has powerful UI and ease for using.

I have a challenge to extract from oracle to redshift.

In this case xplenty gives me a convinient solution.

"Simple and effective "

What do you like best?

Xplenty seems to support most of what I need todo straight out of the box

What do you dislike?

The information architecture is a little bit confusing, its difficult to find your way round at first

Quickly moving data from one place to another without getting into any technical debt.

Xplenty review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Seamless and easy migration"

What do you like best?

Xplenty’s seamless solution to transfer data easily. The support team leave no stone unturned to help.

What do you dislike?

The timezone difference with the team but I am sure as xplenty scales up this won;t be an issue

migrating and syncing data with salesforce from a sftp server.

Xplenty review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Surprised that a newbie to connectors could figure it out so quickly"

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate, understand, and create joins. Service was also amazing at helping

What do you dislike?

nothing that I can think of - other than learning more about json initially

more advanced data joins beyond what Salesforce reporting can provide

Xplenty review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Xplenty "

What do you like best?

How to easy way the data is loaded into redshift

What do you dislike?

The workflow structure should be much better for viewing.

ETL most of the time

Learn more about Xplenty

Xplenty Videos

Learning about Xplenty?

* We monitor all Xplenty reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.