Xubuntu

Xubuntu is a community developed operating system that combines elegance and ease of use.

Work for Xubuntu?

Learning about Xubuntu?

Xubuntu Reviews

Showing 5 Xubuntu reviews
Xubuntu review by Srinivasa R.
Srinivasa R.

"Fast and intuitive, even on older computers"

What do you like best?

Clean, clutterless Xfce interface distro for my favorite operating system - Ubuntu. Needs lesser resources than regular Ubuntu distro. Works with just 512 MB RAM and 5 GB hard disk. Even with lesser resources, I am able to run all my general use software at same efficiency as the regular Ubuntu. Exhaustive documentation is available. A very active community forum is also available if we get stuck with something. And, best of all it's free!

What do you dislike?

Whatever I wanted to use my laptop for, I could. Haven't found anything yet to dislike about Xubuntu :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works on computers with less than 1 GB RAM. Users migrating from other operating systems like Windows, or other Linux distros, should consider using the Xubuntu distro rather than the regular Ubuntu distro.

Does not make legacy machines obsolete. Able to use a decade old laptop with same efficiency as in the previous two LTS releases of Ubuntu on better, latest machines.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Xubuntu
Xubuntu review by Georges R.
Georges R.

"Very good Linux OS"

What do you like best?

Xubuntu is a Linux OS, a variant of Ubuntu. This is very easy to use for everyone because Xubuntu looks like Windows OS, we can program and using Xubuntu like a real and basic operating system. This Linux OS is 100% customizable, we can create a desktop like Windows or Mac OS, or like basic Ubuntu. There is a lot of software and this is a fast operating system. There is 2 options for installing : a graphical and a programming setup. I personally use the graphical setup this is very easy to install. There is every languages, good and easy to setup and use like another operating system ! Everything we want for an OS is in Xubuntu, and because this is with the Linux core, this is open-source and customizable !

What do you dislike?

The only one problem I dislike is for every softwares, there is software for linux, windows or macOs, If we switch to Xubuntu, every tools and softwares we used are not compatible with Xubuntu for example Windows softwares. I know there is a linux tool for installing and using Windows software in Xubuntu (the name of the tool is Wine), it's cool but a little unstable, so, I don't use it, but everything we need is already on Xubuntu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend Xubuntu for everyone who came from Windows Os, and wants to use Linux !

We try this for programming data servers, and for our development team, it's better to program on Linux than on Windows or MacOs, and more faster because there is only the essential !

What Operating System solution do you use?

Xubuntu review by Linda J.
Linda J.

"My favorite *ubuntu distro"

What do you like best?

Xubuntu is simply amazing. Not in a way of how flashy it is, but because of how light and fast the OS feels. I'm running every OS imaginable (Win, macOS, Linux) and find Xubuntu to be the best for when you need to get maximum efficiency out of any hardware. Yes, it might not be an ideal OS for media creators, but for marketers it's more than enough.

I like how light Xubuntu feels and the fact that you can customize it the way you want the system to look and behave.

What do you dislike?

With every major release come new bugs and issues. This is a plague of all Linux distros, but still. Each time I have to wait a few months before deciding to upgrade the system as a lot of the stuff I need daily might brake. Overall, if you know what you're doing, there won't be problems, but I would still like to see some more stability out of Xubuntu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best Linux-based OS out there. If you're looking for a free alternative to Windows which does everything and some more, Xubuntu is a perfect choice.

My daily work driver. Every app or service you use for work needs an OS to run on. And Xubuntu makes a perfect choice for when you need efficiency and speed over beauty and different windows effects.

Xubuntu review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"Xubuntu Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it was fast, even on old hardware. It had a lot of pre-installed games that were fun to play.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the fact that the menu was a little hard to navigate through to find what I was looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for older hardware and users that are willing to navigate through an operating system to find what they need.

The only problem we have solved with Xubuntu was not having to spend a lot of money on Microsoft licensing.

Xubuntu review by Johnathan H.
Johnathan H.

"Xubuntu, Fast, Light, and Secure OS"

What do you like best?

It will basically run on a toaster. Turn older laptops into worthy machines again.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Perhaps people who are not use to linux wouldn't prefer it over flashier shells.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Linux a shot, start using it as your main operating system. Harness the power as an admin it will give you plenty of options to choose from, unlike other operating systems.

Getting the use out of older desktops and laptops again.

Learning about Xubuntu?

* We monitor all Xubuntu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.