Yahoo! Advertising

Yahoo makes it easy to get your brand message in front of a growing audience of engaged consumers across devices, partners, and properties with proven advertising solutions that drive results.

Work for Yahoo! Advertising?

Learning about Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Advertising Reviews

Showing 97 Yahoo! reviews
Yahoo! review by <span>Danielle N.</span>
Danielle N.

Low cost, low traffic

What do you like best?

Yahoo makes it easy to get your message in front of a large audience of engaged clients across devices, partners, and properties with proven advertising solutions that drive results. It's a great resource for people to find you and that's the main goal for me. I like being able to reach customers who don't use Google or Bing. Yahoo advertising is extremely simple to use and follow. The exposure connects you to millions of potential customers.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely difficult to control which sites your ads are appearing Gemini literally does not show you where your ads are. The interface is quite buggy and nearly as effective as it could be. I can't choose a period longer than a month and this is very annoying. Yahoo is not a popular, so the foot traffic is very low. I've never gotten 1/2 the traffic I can get from Google, but I guess that's why the price is so low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The lack of transparency prevents me from encouraging others to purchase this software. There are no trial periods, so there is no motivation to try the program out. The program is similar to Bing's services.

We are reaching customers outside of our usual demographic. Our growth has quickly grown, because of all of the exposure Yahoo has provided us with. The price per click feature allows for immediate results. Customer demand has improved, but I would prefer a higher traffic.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Yahoo! Advertising
Yahoo! review by <span>Dana B.</span>
Dana B.

Lacks a lot of Functionality

What do you like best?

If advertisers are interested in native ads Gemini is definitely a must as it's one of it's strength and definitely allows to reach a larger audience. Search only makes up a small % of overall volume and it's rather disappointing how limit it is with no opportunity to scale. There have been a lot of changes on the Yahoo side and it's clear that Yahoo Search certainly is not a priority for the company.

What do you dislike?

The UI lacks a lot of functionality and audience is very limited. Since there is no offline editor available it's rather difficult to optimize campaigns. If you limited your campaigns to Yahoo Search only your reach is extremely limited and does not compare to any of the other engines (less than 3% of overall share). Some verticals are still completely "owned" by Bing (Microsoft is serving ads on Yahoo.com) and it's impossible to scale volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yahoo Search does have a very limited audience at least for the B2B verticals we are targeting, however, I think there is a lot of opportunity with Native advertising - a product that Yahoo has been pushing for a while.

We are using Yahoo advertising as a paid acquisition channel, though volume is extremely limited.

What Search Advertising solution do you use?

Yahoo! review by User

Yahoo Gemini is improving but still remains well behind Google and even Bing in most aspects

What do you like best?

I think their display campaigns have more potential due to greater reach than you find on the search network and pretty good capabilities around audience building and retargeting,They also continue to add new features such as the power editor which has made management easier. Policy seems to be easier and less volatile than on other networks. Their customer support team is great also.

What do you dislike?

The interface still lags well behind Adwords in terms of usability, option availability, segmentation, and other aspects. It can be difficult to make the optimizations you want but the Yahoo team is always willing to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would get hooked up with an account team if possible, they are great and willing to help make the platform less of a burden.

Gemini is helping us reach customers across both search and display and we have found some campaigns that are profitable and worthwhile for us.

Yahoo! review by <span>Adam V.</span>
Adam V.

Not Worth Using for Native Advertising

What do you like best?

There's no doubt that Yahoo! has a large network of quality online website and app inventory to choose from and the campaigns I did run generated a strong CPA.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with Yahoo! (and this applies primarily to their Yahoo! Gemini native advertising platform) is the lack of transparency. You literally cannot see which websites your ads are appearing on. This was a huge issue for some of the clients I worked with who wanted us to be able to blacklist specifics sites (such as Brietbart) or ensure that their ads didn't appear on controversial placements in general. Not only was this not possible through Yahoo!, but I could not even tell the client what specific websites their ads WERE appearing on. In one phone call with a Yahoo! rep, the individual literally could not even tell me how many websites were in the Yahoo! Gemini inventory network ("probably more than thousands. But I don't know for sure"). I also found the interface itself a little buggy and not as a intuitive as some of the other platforms out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite generating some strong CPAs and CPCs, the lack of transparency with ad inventory is ultimately what prevents me from recommending this platform.

Online marketing (primarily native image and video advertising). The campaigns I ran did generate some strong results, but the lack of control and transparency with ad inventory is why I'm no longer using the product at my agency.

Yahoo! review by <span>Linda V.</span>
Linda V.

SEO Marketing using Yahoo

What do you like best?

Ease of use in using Yahoo has made SEO marketing for some sites I am working on more pleasant, although I have found that there are some glitches that Yahoo needs to work on to make things easier for people trying to utilize free avenues to market.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real qualms to gripe about except on something unrelated which is their Yahoo messenger, which did not run smoothly, if at all sometimes. t did not synch well with phone users so when I wanted to view people using my phone to hire, it was not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

more incentives should be in place to market to small businesses e.g. trial periods so that people are motivated to try it out

I saved money from implementing free ways to advertise.

Yahoo! review by <span>Daniela C.</span>
Daniela C.

High quality for a low cost!

What do you like best?

I am using natvie ads and search advertisments and yahoo! advertising give me the possibility to buy both of these ad types.

What do you dislike?

My strategy is statiscal-based and I work a lot with reporting. This is the weak point of Yahoo! Advertising, it's doesn't show a report of periods longer than a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This servicejust draws in quality clients and experienced promoters. You don't need to possess a major sold. On the off chance that you allready aren't utilizing Yahoo! Advertitising, I recommnd you to try it for a period of time. It's more improved than you'd think it is.

In case of generating low quantity of traffic, yahoo ads gives the option to include search partners

Learning about Yahoo! Advertising?

* We monitor all Yahoo! Advertising reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.