Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)

Aabaco Small Business, previously Yahoo Small Business, is an online retail solution for website hosting, e-commerce, and more.

Work for Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)?

Learning about Yahoo Small Business?

Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business) Reviews

Showing 17 Yahoo Small Business reviews
Yahoo Small Business review by <span>Jon H.</span>
Jon H.

"I think Yahoo Small Business is still trying to figure out what they want to be"

What do you like best?

Since I came to Community Christian Church, we've had Yahoo for our web-hosting service (domain, website, and email all included in that). For most of the time, we haven't necessarily had problems. That's the good part. Yahoo email works well. I can access from my phone or desktop. We can also add email addresses for special things, and have it automatically forward to an established email address. For example, we could set up an email address specifically for our missionaries to communicate with us, and it could be sent automatically to our main office email address. It's come in handy a couple times. It also allows us to view our website usage easily, and with great detail

What do you dislike?

Recently, I've had a lot of frustration with Yahoo Small Business. For one...I don't think they've quite figured out what they want to be. I've been here for three years, and they've had numerous name changes. I think at first it was something like Yahoo Web Hosting, then it turned to Aabaco. Big announcements were made about that. Then it just kind of quietly turned into Yahoo Small Business. But when you log in, the web address is at luminate.com. I just don't get it.

The most frustrating part for me is their website solutions. We want to have an attractive website. They have three basic options: 1. SiteBuilder. It's fully customizable, and you can do what you want with it, but you have to absolutely build everything. From backgrounds to fonts, etc. There are no themes to choose from. You have to do it all. I don't have the time for that. 2. They do have a Web Builder that makes really nice looking websites, but it's an extra cost on top of all your hosting fees, and as a church with a tight budget, we really can't afford that. 3. SiteSolution makes quick, simple easy websites. You choose a theme, put in you pages and info, and go. The problem? While able to make a simple website, the themes just don't look that good. They almost all remind me of 90s websites. I went with a more modern-ish looking site, but it's really not great. And because it's meant for simple websites, there are some things I just can't add, like a scrolling picture marquis, which I'd really like to have.

While SiteSolutions has usually worked just fine (as unattractive as it may be), it's been over a week since I've been able to update our church's website. I've contacted their Help Desk services multiple times. At first they told me they didn't see any issue (although it was still happening), then the next time I contacted, they said they'd work on it. 3 days later I got an email saying they were still working on it. I'm frustrated. It was a time-sensitive update I needed to make, and I haven't been able to do anything. But they're "working on it". And even my email, which has been a steady part of the service, has had all kinds of errors lately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run! No, I don't know. I'm growing fed up with them. While I think they offer some good solutions, from what I can tell, others offer similar packages for better prices, and have more options. Just do your homework.

Well, it does give us email service, a domain name, and a website.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)
Yahoo Small Business review by <span>Daniel V.</span>
Daniel V.

"It works."

What do you like best?

Easy to do the simple things. It works and hasn't caused any major issues. There are a millions tools that looks good, but I have not ventured into. For a very simple store it's easy to navigate and not worry about features I'm not using.

What do you dislike?

Interface is very dated. Default invoice/order/packing slips are ugly. Sales Summaries are clumsy and hard to work with without exporting to excel. Uninviting UI. They keep switching ownership/names/something. Is is it Yahoo, is it not Yahoo? They try to sell me useless add ons and domain names

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your other options. Aabaco works and we aren't looking to switch, but that's from the perspective of it being what we've had for years and it works so why bother. We don't have a huge volume of orders, so it isn't worth the time or money to investigate and invest in a new option. If you are starting from scratch, there are other options out there. Now that Yahoo has once again sold, I'm worries Aabaco/Yahoo Small Business may be abandoned if not killed off. It's not great to be with a company that is under another company that has been in real trouble for years and is now under another company. BUT, until any of that happens, it works and does what we ask it to do for the most part.

Online store management. Allows for payment processing without make us take the responsibility of seeing account numbers.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Yahoo Small Business review by <span>Shuron  T.</span>
Shuron T.

"Yahoo Small Business Hosting "

What do you like best?

At the beginning it was good but something happened along the way where it just got worse and worse.

What do you dislike?

I was not able to speak to anyone who had the ability to help me with the problem. Customer service reps and floor supervisors just kept repeating from the same script. They failed to understand that nature or the problem. I had been customer since 2005 and over $50 they have lost me for life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is okay until you have real problem. Even if the scope of the problem is small they can't seem to resolve it. Check you bill because it won't matter in the end you will be stuck with it.

I had billing issue. I attempted to fix it 2015, 2017 and 2018. They continued to bill for a hosting package that I called and cancelled. twice. At the end they decided to hold my domain and business email hostage until I paid the $50. They had already cost me over $300 in billing errors.

Yahoo Small Business review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Not recommended for website building"

What do you like best?

There's honestly nothing that I can recommend about this service. The service is clunky and not easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Again, the service is clunky and not easy to use. The "easy" web builder doesn't have many features so you are very limited and the more advanced web builder is difficult to use. There is just nothing good to say about the product. The reports are not worth much. The prices are much higher in comparison to other options that provide much better builders and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely not recommend using Aabaco Small Business. Their customer support is no longer based in the US. The products are out dated with no indication of improvements or upgrades any time soon. They are clunky and not easy to use. The "easy" version is limited, though it is a drag-and-drop option and does make things easy if you don't want to spend time creating something unique. The more in-depth version is clunky and and doesn't work on Mac. The SQL and PHP abilities are cumbersome. Integrating with Wordpress is ridiculous to say the least. In general, don't use Aabaco Small Business. There are so many better options out there for much better prices. Steer clear.

Right now all I'm doing is waiting to be able to transfer my domain to another service. I've found nothing of real benefit with this service and don't even want to keep my domain with them.

Yahoo Small Business review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"No Longer a Fan"

What do you like best?

Great Question! This platform was cutting edge at its inception 20 years ago and has really fallen downhill fast

What do you dislike?

What is there to like? There used to be amazing benefits like preferred listing in searches on Yahoo, great design and partners, offers and professional help. Now everything is limping along

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another platform willing to keep up with the times

Nothing - I am going to close my store next month. There is absolutely no benefit in using this clunky old-fashioned platform over the more streamlined ones

Yahoo Small Business review by User

"If you have a business domain and are thinking of changing to Aabaco--DON'T ! Whatever you do, DON'T"

What do you like best?

There is nothing to like

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT IT IS A MISTAKE TO MOVE A WORKING EMAIL/DOMAIN TO AABACO

What do you dislike?

Aabaco took over my domain and it LOST ALL MY CONTACTS AND BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT--It took 10 hours of phone calls to get the account running and then, I STILL LOST MY 1400 CONTACTS

and, to make matters worse, my back up account, my personal account was lost as well--

they claimed they had nothing to do with that, but, it is simply not possible that, when I went to sign on after I paid Aabaco for the account, I had NO EMAIL AT ALL--NOT PERSONAL OR BUSINESS

I spoke to customer service for about 10 hours and found only one person who was actually able to help and who restored my business account (BUT COULDN'T GET MY CONTACTS BACK) and he got the personal account usable again (WITHOUT CONTACTS OR FOLDERS--so all my carefully saved info is NOW GONE)

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT--STEP BACK AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE

THIS MAY RUIN YOUR BUSINESS PRACTICE, AS THEY HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY WHEN THEY LOSE ALL THE CONTACTS AND ALL THE FOLDERS THAT YOU SO CAREFULLY CREATED

i have had NO BENEFITS and have no idea why I decided to change=-I( was also told that I could cancel within 30 days, but that was a LIE because when I said that, they said no---and after losing everything once, I was really, really afraid of losing everything again.

Learning about Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)?

* We monitor all Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.