Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)

1.7

Aabaco Small Business, previously Yahoo Small Business, is an online retail solution for website hosting, e-commerce, and more.

Work for Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)?

Learning about Yahoo Small Business?

Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business) Reviews

Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
Showing 20 Yahoo Small Business reviews
Yahoo Small Business review by User

"Platform that is far behind the times"

What do you like best?

In general Yahoo is a good starting point for an e-commerce company and its hosting fees are rather inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

Whatever is saved by staying on Yahoo compared to other ecommerce platforms will cost their customers severely in custom development costs when the average customer realizes how basic the yahoo platform is and how little third party support there is from other companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a more robust e-commerce platform unless you are just starting out.

We used Yahoo for our online store and relied heavily on it to work properly, it rarely did and we had so much downtime and issues and development costs that our spending on this platform went out of control.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)
Yahoo Small Business review by Administrator

"A Declining Platform That Once Was A Leader"

What do you like best?

Pricing on Yahoo is relatively cheap as far as fees go, unfortunately this does not take into account hosting which Yahoo does not do thus cancelling that out.

What do you dislike?

Everything about this platform is awful and incredibly slow to implement compared to their competition like Shopify and Magento. Yahoo for instance only last year implemented https to anyone hosting on them. Applications are also extremely limited, good luck getting anything done on your site without custom work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay clear of this platform and switch to one of many far superior ones. In terms of SEO and development costs as well Yahoo is not worth using.

What was once a great and important platform 15-20 years ago is now rubbish. Changing their name to Abaaco and then back to Yahoo is clear of that as Yahoo lost their identity a long time ago. We are one of many businesses that had no choice but to flee this platform after being with them a long time.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Yahoo Small Business review by Consultant

"Unprofessional & unethical service "

What do you like best?

NOTHING I CAN SAY IS GOOD ON HOW THEY HANDLED MY ACCOUNT.

What do you dislike?

I transferred my domain in 2016 thinking it cancelled may account. I saw a charge on 7/25/18 & asked for refund which they REFUSED to do because it was after 30 days from today.

none

Yahoo Small Business review by Shuron  T.
Shuron T.

"Yahoo Small Business Hosting "

What do you like best?

At the beginning it was good but something happened along the way where it just got worse and worse.

What do you dislike?

I was not able to speak to anyone who had the ability to help me with the problem. Customer service reps and floor supervisors just kept repeating from the same script. They failed to understand that nature or the problem. I had been customer since 2005 and over $50 they have lost me for life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is okay until you have real problem. Even if the scope of the problem is small they can't seem to resolve it. Check you bill because it won't matter in the end you will be stuck with it.

I had billing issue. I attempted to fix it 2015, 2017 and 2018. They continued to bill for a hosting package that I called and cancelled. twice. At the end they decided to hold my domain and business email hostage until I paid the $50. They had already cost me over $300 in billing errors.

Yahoo Small Business review by Jon H.
Jon H.

"I think Yahoo Small Business is still trying to figure out what they want to be"

What do you like best?

Since I came to Community Christian Church, we've had Yahoo for our web-hosting service (domain, website, and email all included in that). For most of the time, we haven't necessarily had problems. That's the good part. Yahoo email works well. I can access from my phone or desktop. We can also add email addresses for special things, and have it automatically forward to an established email address. For example, we could set up an email address specifically for our missionaries to communicate with us, and it could be sent automatically to our main office email address. It's come in handy a couple times. It also allows us to view our website usage easily, and with great detail

What do you dislike?

Recently, I've had a lot of frustration with Yahoo Small Business. For one...I don't think they've quite figured out what they want to be. I've been here for three years, and they've had numerous name changes. I think at first it was something like Yahoo Web Hosting, then it turned to Aabaco. Big announcements were made about that. Then it just kind of quietly turned into Yahoo Small Business. But when you log in, the web address is at luminate.com. I just don't get it.

The most frustrating part for me is their website solutions. We want to have an attractive website. They have three basic options: 1. SiteBuilder. It's fully customizable, and you can do what you want with it, but you have to absolutely build everything. From backgrounds to fonts, etc. There are no themes to choose from. You have to do it all. I don't have the time for that. 2. They do have a Web Builder that makes really nice looking websites, but it's an extra cost on top of all your hosting fees, and as a church with a tight budget, we really can't afford that. 3. SiteSolution makes quick, simple easy websites. You choose a theme, put in you pages and info, and go. The problem? While able to make a simple website, the themes just don't look that good. They almost all remind me of 90s websites. I went with a more modern-ish looking site, but it's really not great. And because it's meant for simple websites, there are some things I just can't add, like a scrolling picture marquis, which I'd really like to have.

While SiteSolutions has usually worked just fine (as unattractive as it may be), it's been over a week since I've been able to update our church's website. I've contacted their Help Desk services multiple times. At first they told me they didn't see any issue (although it was still happening), then the next time I contacted, they said they'd work on it. 3 days later I got an email saying they were still working on it. I'm frustrated. It was a time-sensitive update I needed to make, and I haven't been able to do anything. But they're "working on it". And even my email, which has been a steady part of the service, has had all kinds of errors lately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run! No, I don't know. I'm growing fed up with them. While I think they offer some good solutions, from what I can tell, others offer similar packages for better prices, and have more options. Just do your homework.

Well, it does give us email service, a domain name, and a website.

Yahoo Small Business review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"No Longer a Fan"

What do you like best?

Great Question! This platform was cutting edge at its inception 20 years ago and has really fallen downhill fast

What do you dislike?

What is there to like? There used to be amazing benefits like preferred listing in searches on Yahoo, great design and partners, offers and professional help. Now everything is limping along

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another platform willing to keep up with the times

Nothing - I am going to close my store next month. There is absolutely no benefit in using this clunky old-fashioned platform over the more streamlined ones

Yahoo Small Business review by Daniel V.
Daniel V.

"It works."

What do you like best?

Easy to do the simple things. It works and hasn't caused any major issues. There are a millions tools that looks good, but I have not ventured into. For a very simple store it's easy to navigate and not worry about features I'm not using.

What do you dislike?

Interface is very dated. Default invoice/order/packing slips are ugly. Sales Summaries are clumsy and hard to work with without exporting to excel. Uninviting UI. They keep switching ownership/names/something. Is is it Yahoo, is it not Yahoo? They try to sell me useless add ons and domain names

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your other options. Aabaco works and we aren't looking to switch, but that's from the perspective of it being what we've had for years and it works so why bother. We don't have a huge volume of orders, so it isn't worth the time or money to investigate and invest in a new option. If you are starting from scratch, there are other options out there. Now that Yahoo has once again sold, I'm worries Aabaco/Yahoo Small Business may be abandoned if not killed off. It's not great to be with a company that is under another company that has been in real trouble for years and is now under another company. BUT, until any of that happens, it works and does what we ask it to do for the most part.

Online store management. Allows for payment processing without make us take the responsibility of seeing account numbers.

Yahoo Small Business review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Not recommended for website building"

What do you like best?

There's honestly nothing that I can recommend about this service. The service is clunky and not easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Again, the service is clunky and not easy to use. The "easy" web builder doesn't have many features so you are very limited and the more advanced web builder is difficult to use. There is just nothing good to say about the product. The reports are not worth much. The prices are much higher in comparison to other options that provide much better builders and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely not recommend using Aabaco Small Business. Their customer support is no longer based in the US. The products are out dated with no indication of improvements or upgrades any time soon. They are clunky and not easy to use. The "easy" version is limited, though it is a drag-and-drop option and does make things easy if you don't want to spend time creating something unique. The more in-depth version is clunky and and doesn't work on Mac. The SQL and PHP abilities are cumbersome. Integrating with Wordpress is ridiculous to say the least. In general, don't use Aabaco Small Business. There are so many better options out there for much better prices. Steer clear.

Right now all I'm doing is waiting to be able to transfer my domain to another service. I've found nothing of real benefit with this service and don't even want to keep my domain with them.

Yahoo Small Business review by Cherie W.
Cherie W.

"poor customer service"

What do you like best?

nothing. I was unable to resolve my web page being dropped without notification.

The charge reverted to a domain name hosting charge only

What do you dislike?

resolution options. I am being charged for nothing. and unable to cancel the charge.

Web page turned into web domain hosting only. I tried to cancel same day and was unable

Recommendations to others considering the product

be very sure of what you are being charged for

all attempts at resolution failed. No benefit to the charge whatsoever

Yahoo Small Business review by User

"If you have a business domain and are thinking of changing to Aabaco--DON'T ! Whatever you do, DON'T"

What do you like best?

There is nothing to like

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT IT IS A MISTAKE TO MOVE A WORKING EMAIL/DOMAIN TO AABACO

What do you dislike?

Aabaco took over my domain and it LOST ALL MY CONTACTS AND BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT--It took 10 hours of phone calls to get the account running and then, I STILL LOST MY 1400 CONTACTS

and, to make matters worse, my back up account, my personal account was lost as well--

they claimed they had nothing to do with that, but, it is simply not possible that, when I went to sign on after I paid Aabaco for the account, I had NO EMAIL AT ALL--NOT PERSONAL OR BUSINESS

I spoke to customer service for about 10 hours and found only one person who was actually able to help and who restored my business account (BUT COULDN'T GET MY CONTACTS BACK) and he got the personal account usable again (WITHOUT CONTACTS OR FOLDERS--so all my carefully saved info is NOW GONE)

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT--STEP BACK AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE

THIS MAY RUIN YOUR BUSINESS PRACTICE, AS THEY HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY WHEN THEY LOSE ALL THE CONTACTS AND ALL THE FOLDERS THAT YOU SO CAREFULLY CREATED

i have had NO BENEFITS and have no idea why I decided to change=-I( was also told that I could cancel within 30 days, but that was a LIE because when I said that, they said no---and after losing everything once, I was really, really afraid of losing everything again.

Yahoo Small Business review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Yahoo Merchant Solutions needs a makeover"

What do you like best?

If you are new to ecommerce this tool is for you. I really liked how easy it was to set up. Setting a page from scratch and the ability to add products was fairly easy. Also, adding payment features was a breeze.

What do you dislike?

When using this I felt it was out dated compared to google and Amazon. The front end needs a makeover and it needs to pop more. From a user perspective I felt the tool was years behind more popular sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to sell online for the first time I would recommend this solution. You can get a feel of setting up an eCommerce business with minimum effort.

As a first time seller online this will solve your problems for small online sales.

Yahoo Small Business review by User

"A good website for the all the web related work "

What do you like best?

It is the complete solution for the web from the creating of website to the marketing. It has also very good tool for business email and bulk emails and shared hosting. Local market and small business advertising is also one of the best solution for targeting the local market.

What do you dislike?

I liked most about the website features however the site in the web and Mobile UI is I don't like much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will definitely recommend this as this is one of the best for the enterprise and make the website and marketing ease.

We have used almost all the features of the website from buying the domain to Marketing and advertising. And it is good all around solution.

Yahoo Small Business review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Should be useful in the long run"

What do you like best?

YMS provides the right toolset to allow for great development. Customization is endless with store tags and data feeds, allowing the user to get the nitty gritty work taken care of quickly and allow for more time in other realms.

Support has been quick and responsive when facing YMS specific issues.

Yahoo Developer Network has been a great resource when additional research has been required.

What do you dislike?

Feels as if this tool has not taken off and the breadth of use cases have not been identified yet.

Seems like most users are aiming for the more popular sites such as eBay, Google, or Amazon.

Yahoo can still be a big contender.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got the time, investigate the more popular alternatives.

Online sales for small items

Yahoo Small Business review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Yahoo Merchant Solutions "

What do you like best?

Everything is easy to use after you learn your way around, but the interface was ok.. they definitely need a face lift to make everything pop.

What do you dislike?

The interface was not as friendly as google's however it gets the job done.

It is a good supplement to anyone with products or ecommerce that sells products. The benefits we realized is that it was all inclusive in regards to seo and digital marketing. Everything was a touch of a button with the interface of merchant solutions. Sure the is some other ecommerce platform but we found out that this one was the easiest to launch.

As far as implementing your products for images it was a drag and drop.

Yahoo Small Business review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Easy for beginners, a pain for people with experience "

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up a page and be bale to add products to sell if you are new to ecommerce. Adding the payment gateways in automatically as well. Convienent.

What do you dislike?

They use their own code RTML which not many people know, the ability to change templates to different features is hard, much more time taken to try to work within the program then to change the bit of coding one may need to change for a desired affect. Myself and other professionals in the ecommerce world have agreed that after using yahoo for a bit it was time to move on as the functionality does not change well with the current trends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere for more functionality.

The benefits are if your a casual user, starting a business, this may be good for you. In time you will want to move on to something with more features and more control over your site.

Yahoo Small Business review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"Extremely outdated, not user friendly, minimal 3rd party support, server stability issues"

What do you like best?

Uploading mass changes via the database manager is a fairly straight forward process. This is a no frill feature that allows you to manipulate many products/pages very quickly. This is probably yahoo small business's strongest feature.

What do you dislike?

The platform is old and outdated - many of the addons are nessacary to even have a functioning website. Many of these 3rd party vendors do not update or bug fix their products and have moved of to other platforms. With the need for so many unsupported addons, server stability is always questionable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The current version of yahoo small business is not something I would be quick to recommend. With so many better solutions on the market, starting with something else would be much more future proof.

This is kind of an odd question - a web platform is a necessity for an eCommerce business. We personally feel that we're getting left behind, technology wise, by being "married to yahoo." We just added customer account to our yahoo powered website, but it was quite an investment for minimal additional functionality - most platforms now support customer accounts natively and more seamlessly.

Yahoo Small Business review by Sandy K.
Sandy K.

"Super support and reliability"

What do you like best?

We've been on the Yahoo Merchant Solutions platform since 1997 and have had an excellent experience with the reliability of their service. Their support team is super helpful and very responsive. I have considered trying to move my store, but after weighing the advantages and disadvantages, Yahoo is still my platform of choice after almost 20 years.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the ability to copy items, only changing the title/URL and item specifics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yahoo offers 24 hour support and during business hours, you can develop a very good working relationship with their engineers, who are always willing to share tips for improving your store.

Adapting to changes in the buying habits of wedding customers. We need to offer ever-increasing options for customization of our products. The major benefit is the responsiveness of support.

Yahoo Small Business review by Tom L.
Tom L.

"Ok for a novice but you're going to want more."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use if you've never built a website before and need to set something up quickly.

What do you dislike?

Their prices are high and they have very little to offer for anyone with advanced skills. There are a lot of other web hosts that will give you more for your money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out godaddy or doteasy first.

Yahoo Small Business review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great basic eCommerce software"

What do you like best?

Can add up to 50,000 products to your inventory. Almost 40 different templates to choose from. Easy setup and great tracking feature if you spring for the higher cost plan.

What do you dislike?

Missing marketing tools such as product comparison, daily deals, and reward programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great basic software to start your online store. Very good price makes this a solid application.

Yahoo Small Business review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"Slowing fading away but still offer a cheap solution"

What do you like best?

They have a good range of products (email ecom tools ) and have partnered with BT in the uk,

There services are cheap to use, and offer a quick platform to get of ground

What do you dislike?

The name yahoo now sounds cheap, and as a seller, tools and services from Paypal/ebay amazon and google sound more professional. Unfortunatelythe .com boom of yahoo no longer carries it for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at how you will market you store and services with a Yahoo tag line

Learning about Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business)?

* We monitor all Yahoo Small Business (formerly Aabaco Small Business) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.