Yapp

Create a mobile app for your next conference. Customize and instantly publish apps in minutes with no design skills or coding required.

Work for Yapp?
Spotme 2x

Learning about Yapp?

Yapp Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 15 Yapp reviews
Yapp review by <span>Deepak S.</span>
Deepak S.

Best tool to manage events in an organization

What do you like best?

I like Yapp because it helps me in keeping a track of any event’s time, address and any other related information handy. It shows all the meetings, activities, workshops and more from a single centralized location. Also I can easily manage who will be able to the event details like schedule and place and also invite others for the events.

If there is any change in the event or any new updates, Yapp can easily send that to all the attendees to make sure that they are aware of the changes. It helps in storing Word docs and PDF files for easy reference and sharing. Users can easily see them in the Yapp mobile app, as well as email it to their personal id.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I can see in Yapp is with the photo uploads feature. It is providing 3 different areas for the photo upload, but most of the users need just 1. So, they can remove the Crowd photos area as it does not allow captions in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It offers various styling themes to choose from and thus makes your app more intuitive.

The main benefit of using Yapp is that it allows me to create my own unique URL for the mobile app and share it with other users for easily remembering the URL. This makes it easy to download it on Android and iOS smartphones with just a single click.

Also it has Twitter hashtags which can be used used for the event. Multiple twitter pages can be added to the app easily. Also it helps in cloning the existing apps by just making a few necessary edits and saves time for creating it from scratch.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Yapp
Yapp review by <span>Casey L.</span>
Casey L.

Attendees were impressed by the app.

What do you like best?

It was easy to get started. The available features made me think about the design more than I originally planned and the app turned out better for it. I liked being able to insert speaker bios with all the contact info at hand, so attendees could quickly tag speakers in their social media posts.

What do you dislike?

I submitted a question through the ZenDesk help feature and never got a response. However, I submitted the same question through the chat feature and received a response quickly. I asked about the ability to link speaker bios and documents to specific events in the schedule. That feature is not available, but they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I checked out a few other apps before this one. None had all the feature I wanted, but Yapp had most of the features at the best price.

The app allowed all of our content to be in one easily accessible place for all attendees. It also allowed me to change info and notify attendees on the fly when the schedule changed.

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

Yapp review by <span>Jeff E.</span>
Jeff E.

Our members loved it!

What do you like best?

Easy to admin. Love the upload ability since a lot of our schedule and similar info is already available - hated having to enter it all manually with the free version so we just reformatted a few things, did some copy/pasting and uploaded it.

Most importantly, our members loved it. Our member survey after the event indicated it was one of the things they commented on most, and it was all positive. Even had some non-users say they wished they had used it.

All this was a bit of a surprise to me, as our membership is a bit older than average and have not been "early adapters" of tech in the past. Some still don't use email! I ran it as a "soft opening" a year ago and didn't promote it. It worked well on the limited scale, so this year we got a sponsor, started promoting it early and quadrupled the number using it.

What do you dislike?

Users can upload photos to three different areas. I would probably like to see this reduced to just one, which I guess I can do simply by eliminating some of them. For example "Crowd photos" doesn't allow captioning, so it's not as popular. The social feed is definitely better for everyone that way. News Feed probably should be restricted because I had some people using it like the social feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Smaller events probably best suited, but it is more robust than even we used. Will expand to other features in the future.

We're a non-profit so it's really just all about engaging members and the sponsor/vendors who attend. We don't have to convert any of it to sales (I know...lucky us) but we did get a positive response from our vendors, so there's that.

Yapp review by <span>Teresa K.</span>
Teresa K.

A awesome app product with exceptional customer service

What do you like best?

*easy to use *easy to implement .... We are a small corporate team building company that do BIG things. The success of my company is based on the costumer service I give my fortune 500 companies. Being a co owner I wear many hats. I have been a YAPP costumer for many years and it always impresses my clients that I am able to develop an APP for their meetings. So easy with professional results. But what I am so impressed with is the costumer service that YAPP provides. They are always there for me to answers questions if they do not have an answer they will figure it out. I worked with several people at YAPP but Luke really helped out on 9/11. I was doing a large event and the President of the company need the pictures on the APP formatted in a different way then the way it was presented on the APP. Luke was able to come through in a timely matter and save the day. Making me look I had a whole IT team behind me. Thank you YAPP for making me add a service of an APP to my company profile that can be easily develop and more importantly the outstanding costumer service to back it up! I wish I could give you more then just 10 stars. Teresa Kelly, coowner of Simple Creations Team Building

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more FONT options .... not much I dislike after that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definite recommendation . A company can have a great product but the company has to have the costumer service to support ... Yapp has a great product and the costumer service

I am able to update large groups easily..... share ideas easily...

Yapp review by <span>Katie R.</span>
Katie R.

5+ year Yapp user

What do you like best?

I've used Yapp for my nonprofit organization's annual conference every year since 2012, and I've continued to be impressed with the growth and ease of use of this product. Yapp makes creating a professional, sleek event app easy for even the most tech-challenged.

What do you dislike?

There are growing pains with any tech product, and with Yapp, some desired features took longer to come to fruition than we would have liked. Still, it's a great product with a robust suite of features, and a little patience has gone a long way!

I'm the solo producer of an annual event for 300+ guests on a nonprofit organization's limited conservative budget. Yapp makes an easy to use and reliable product that is within a reasonable price point and doesn't require a developer. It's a perfect solution for our needs!

Yapp review by <span>Alma C.</span>
Alma C.

Easiest to use and affordable!

What do you like best?

Yapp software is very easy to use, it has all the features needed to create an event application.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I disliked. All the required information to set up the application is readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further. Yapp has the most amazing Support Team, it will make your experience even easier.

I wanted an application to help me keep track of a 21 day event, that involves a lot of participation from involved people and Yapp offers just that and more. I was able to enter all the dates at once, with information for each day, support documentations for all participants, pictures, and they even offer a section, where people can share their thoughts and comments.

Learning about Yapp?

* We monitor all Yapp reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.