Yesware

Yesware is an email tool for salespeople. Track emails, create templates, CRM sync, and more. Yesware helps you close more deals faster.

Work for Yesware?

Learning about Yesware?

Yesware Reviews

Ask Yesware a Question
Showing 440 Yesware reviews
Yesware review by <span>Blake E.</span>
Blake E.

Gets the job done, cost effective, easy set up

What do you like best?

Helps me send targeted email campaigns at massive scale.

Helps me see which subject lines resonates with target customers. Helps see which target customer groups are more likely to open/reply to my outreach.

What do you dislike?

Plugin is buggy, requires reloading/refreshing more than I'd like. The template labs are sometimes confusing to navigate.

Dislike not being able to schedule a specific time for the follow up emails - they go out at the same time as the initial email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out a bit sending emails to yourself - sometimes the formatting appears off in receiver inboxes.

As the first sales person for a small startup, I need to send a lot of targeted emails to potential customers. Yesware helps me set up campaigns in advance so I can spend one day setting all the campaigns up for the next few weeks and spend my days on calls with customers instead of copy/pasting emails. Huge time saver. Helps me see which campaigns are more successful than others with metrics/reporting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Yesware
Yesware review by <span>Alexander S.</span>
Alexander S.

Growing with a Long Way to Go

What do you like best?

Yesware functions as a means of tracking e-mail engagement, creating a sequence or cadence for Sales/Marketing follow-up, provide analysis across a team for campaigns and emails sent and connects to our database for digestible information directly into our e-mail client.

The best: real-time tracking of the e-mails, clicked links, and engagement. You can attach presentations which will give you rep[orts on time engaged and pages scrolled through on that specific report.

What do you dislike?

Yesware is set up for a specific type of business. You can see this in the way they setup with Salesforce to only pull Contacts and Leads into their MailMerge and Touchpoints. It's been an issue I've raised several times - add in a direct pull from Opportunity lists in Salesforce otherwise you're really only catering to a business model that goes P2P or B2C. As an Account Executive, I get the impression this product doesn't fully support my workflow.

1. It slows down my browsing session by running in the background.

2. I don't like that I can't just save a sent e-mail as a template for use later.

3. I don't like that when I'm doing a MailMerge drip campaign that adding in a new template will reset the subject line

4. I don't like that I can't manually add contacts with Email and First name and have to upload as a total .CSV file which restricts adding people to a campaign that I would've received in my pipeline mid-campaign.

5. By not allowing for an Opp list to be pulled from Salesforce I'd wager that 75% of my team doesn't regularly use this tool.

6. MailMerge drip campaigns can't set different times to send throughout the day from Stage to Stage - everything is locked in from 1 set time of the day.

7. There's no way of segmenting a group of people for PST, CST, EST on a list to send at particular 'hot times' across the country.

8. Analytics need a LOT of work to accurately portray how people are interacting with my drip campaigns. There's also no great way of pulling the entire data on a completed campaign to assess how well the campaign did. If I have 3 stages I have to pull 3 different reports.

9. Team analytics don't accurately track individual components like Subject Lines or trackable links to better understand how my team efforts could be made more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your business model and what your team actually needs. It provides some great advantages in a team that's looking to scale but for larger teams that are more seasoned there need to be more developments made before your team will feel comfortable adopting the tech.

The biggest problem Yesware solves is figuring out how people are reacting to the content you produce via e-mail. I work in Sales and constantly need to know how my prospects are interacting with what I'm sending. Yesware allows me to keep a finger on the pulse of my pipeline.

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Yesware review by <span>Alister R.</span>
Alister R.

Poor customer service

What do you like best?

It is a simple integration to gmail. This way I can do what I was doing without too much changes to my day to day routine.

The salesforce integration is a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service, once you have signed up and paid they dont bother to clarify, help introduce any new features etc. Attention is only paid till you are a prospect.

No integration to anything other salesforce. We use zoho and there is nothing we can do to integrate Yesware data to Zoho, have tried to communicate multiple times to see if something can be done regarding this. But to no avail.

Pricing is opaque, they keep discounting for folks who have not signed up, but don't incentivize for existing customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No point wasting money here. Look at other options which are both cheaper and better.

Bulk email sending.

Managing email templates

Yesware review by <span>Caleb P.</span>
Caleb P.

Yesware @ B2B Tech Company

What do you like best?

Email open tracking is fast and accurate (90%+). Seamless integration to email workflow allows usage of features like send later and multi-step campaigns without too much additional effort. Yesware has also funcitoned as a front-end interface to a CRM, allowing users to add contacts, update contact information, synchronize emails, and add new tasks directly from the email client. (For example: you email person A directly, who responds but also adds a net new contact, person B to the thread. Yesware will suggest adding Person B to your CRM, attribute the existing email, without leaving the Yesware client.

What do you dislike?

One repeated feature request doesn't seem to be on the roadmap: the ability to view a particular email thread's open history while reading the email in the email client. Link tracking is a good feature, however it requires the URL be hosted via Yesware servers, creating a long, randomized Yesware-specific subdomain that can look suspicious to a prospect. This sometimes causes emails to be flagged as spam as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial and use it heavily--be prepared to try out multiple functions and complex use cases, especially across different recipient email clients.

Measure the effectiveness of subject lines, sent time of day, and email messaging. Send multi-step, multi-person email campaigns at a fraction of the time. Track activity across teams extremely quickly. Gauge the effectiveness of templates across teams. Yesware saves at least 5-10 hours of duplicate work per person, per month.

Yesware review by <span>Jeffrey L.</span>
Jeffrey L.

Yesware is an invaluable business tool that "just works". Equally useful from SMB to Enterprise.

What do you like best?

Having used Yesware in both a 5 person shop and a 500 employee organization there is not a more flexible out the box solution for email and communication workflow management. Yesware has best in class email tracking, reporting and analytics which are presented in a clear and accessible manner.

The team features of the email templating system ensures cohesiveness in outreach and response efforts while minimizing errors, inconsistencies and duplication of effort. The templating process itself is straightforward utilizing an easy to understand markup system and includes a dropdown based visual editor as well.

Unlike "fully automated" email systems, Yesware provides the ability for teams of any size to efficiently deliver consistent and clear messaging that still feels human and personal to each recipient. This is huge and cannot be overstated. Allowing each member of your team the ability to communicate with individual nuance without sacrificing universality regarding core, immovable information delivers exceptional engagement.

What do you dislike?

When emails sent utilizing Yesware tracking are then forwarded and re-forwarded within the recipient organization you can lose some context and granularity. This is a problem inherent to all image based email tracking tools.

Permissions at the team level could be a bit more flexible insofar as restricting particular templates may be useful within a wide sales or marketing team.

Templating is fairly robust and works great but I would like to see additional embed options for tailoring proposal based emails. This can be of course be accomplished by adding content manually after inserting your completed template but once you start de-duplicating effort you keep pushing for greater and greater efficiency.

I have not had the ability to do a full Salesforce integration as this functionality is disallowed at my current company. Because of this organizational limitation pushing email content to Salesforce is relegated to using bcc functionality. Because Yesware cannot create contacts within opportunities in this configuration, If you are not properly managing contacts in Salesforce you can end up with a large number of unresolved email based tasks. Again, not an issue with Yesware per se but a problem with the limits of writing to CRM using strict email routing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use email as a component of your business operations (and everyone does) you owe it to yourself and your team to give Yesware a thorough look. They offer a fully featured free trial and It takes 30 seconds to integrate with your email provider. Support hasn't been needed very often but when we have had to hit them up they have been quick to engage resolve issues.

Our company uses Yesware on a departmental basis so each use case is probably a bit different. The sales team that I work within is distributed amongst 5 offices across 3 different countries. Some of the key points Yesware has allowed us accomplish include:

-Eliminate inconsistency in messaging content and tone.

-Greatly reduce time spent in email freeing up staff for other efforts.

-Foster collaboration around developing best communication practices.

-Track response rates around the clock and allow for scheduled/ delayed outreach and response across countries and timezones.

-Keep important contacts and conversations "top of mind"

-Sync emails to CRM allowing multiple team members access to pertinent conversations

-Track analytics per open and per template allowing for rapid a/b testing

Yesware review by <span>Thomas P.</span>
Thomas P.

Works well for what I need it to do, although I'm sure it can do more

What do you like best?

It is unobtrusive but powerful - it tracks my emails outside my organization and shows me notifications when people open my emails. It is helpful when I don't hear back from someone that I can see whether or not they read my email and if they did, when it was. I also love that it gives me the ability to schedule emails to send in the future and to create templates of emails I need to send similar versions of to many different people.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would be that I can only schedule an email for an hour or more in the future. I wish I could schedule it for whenever.

It helps me get a better understanding of my communications with my customers.

Learn more about Yesware

Yesware Videos

Learning about Yesware?

* We monitor all Yesware reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.