YouMail

YouMail is the fast, fun way to handle missed calls.

Work for YouMail?

Learning about YouMail?

Compare YouMail to Similar Solutions

YouMail Reviews

Showing 11 YouMail reviews
YouMail review by Greg K.
Greg K.

"Great visual voicemail app."

What do you like best?

YouMail is one of the best visual voicemail options available. It's free and helps you better manage your voice mails than through your phone provider's system. It allows you to sync your contacts to the app, which helps better organize things as calls come in.

What do you dislike?

Google Fi is not a supported carrier, so I can no longer use YouMail as I did when I had T-Mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow Google Fi customers to use YouMail on their network. I loved using it on my T-Mobile phone, but now I have Google Fi, which isn't listed in the supported carriers list.

It helps organize your voice mails in one box, allowing you to get through them quickly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about YouMail
YouMail review by User

"YouMail is the BEST automated secretary for my device. It delivers a personal greeting on my behalf."

What do you like best?

I really like the automated personal greeting(s) YouMail delivers for my answering service. I no longer have to use the bland automated answering service by my provider. YouMail gives me the ability to personally greet my callers and make them feel special and SURPRISED when they are greeted with my message when I can't get to the phone. Not only does this make my callers feel special it makes them feel connected to me when YouMail greeted them by their name. I have received so many OHHH's and HOW NICE when I reach back out to the callers who left a voicemail message.

What do you dislike?

It's not a dislike but I wish there were several other personal greetings to choose from but this is just a very very small wish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lower price solution

Flexibility to customize

Eliminates unwanted Robo calls

Personalized voicemail

Ease of use

The business problems we are solving using this service is, it personally connects with our customers/callers and it makes them feel welcome and received when their name is pronounced/announced during the message. Using YouMail also provides a much better LOW COST solution to using voicemail. All of our employees use the service so regardless who is getting a call and not available they caller is greeted with a personal message. We have heard from customers that being greeted by their name connect them with us and they feel appreciated as a customer. Lastly, we can get rid of the annoying robo calls we receive by customizing YouMail to block them.

What Contact Center Infrastructure solution do you use?

YouMail review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"Out of Date UI with poor customer support."

What do you like best?

Automated attendant that greets callers by their name.

What do you dislike?

User interface is tired. Lack of consistency between web and app design.

None really. When it works sending voice to text to email is nice because it can be forwarded.

YouMail review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Call screening and text voicemail "

What do you like best?

able to screen calls and block callers or robocalls

What do you dislike?

Easy to lose track of missed calls and messages

Able to screen calls

YouMail review by User in Computer Software

"YouMail is great if you don't have visual voice mail and even better if you want some extras..."

What do you like best?

It is essentially visual voicemail but with the added perks of answering your callers by name (what!?!?) and also transcribing voice mails so you do not have to listen to them, you can just read them instead. The transcription is fairly accurate.

What do you dislike?

This is no knock on you mail, but transcription as a whole needs to get better at picking up accents in non native speakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it, its not that expensive, and its free to try as of this review.

No real business problems, but it makes me as a whole seem more professional. I really like not having to listen to voicemails.

YouMail review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Very tricky to use"

What do you like best?

It’s interesting as a novelty software, but not necessary as a business utility.

What do you dislike?

It’s unable to be used on certain carriers, and they make it very difficult to setup.

None at the moment.

YouMail review by User

"Don not get this App"

What do you like best?

It sounded very good to have robocalls decreased or eliminated

What do you dislike?

Youmail was more annoying than robocalls. There are frequent messages to upgrade and more importantly, messages from family and friends had to be retrieved via my email and the message callers received was robotic and not at all welcoming.

None

YouMail review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"Complicated to Setup"

What do you like best?

I came across this in the list on this site and decided to give it a try. I really liked the concept. If I could get it setup and working properly I would be able to better answer this question.

What do you dislike?

I have been in IT for 30 years and load and setup apps all the time. I can not figure out how to get this one to work. The FAQS are pretty limited. I messed up my password. You have to create a separate login to their helpdesk to get a password reset. Kind of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to struggle with setup.

YouMail review by User in Computer Software

"Amazing Voicemail Solution for iPhone"

What do you like best?

Voicemails comes to you via txt message, e-mail and through the app itself. You can set custom messages based on who is calling. It will say the name of the caller if they are in your phonebook. Voicemail transcription is also an amazing feature, I use it all the time while in meetings where I cannot take the call or listen to the message, but do have the ability to read e-mail.

What do you dislike?

Text transcription is not cheap, and it works just ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Due to restrictions from Apple and Google not spending a lot of design time for Google Voice on iOS, YouMail is an awesome solution for receiving voicemail, having it come to your phone via the app, txr message and email. You can also add custom greetings for friends and family, and institute a temporary response based on availability.

YouMail review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Good way to get voicemails in other formats - but Google Voice is better option"

What do you like best?

Just signed up for this -- it was easy and fast (just need to enter in a TXT activation code or dial their number -- which is what I did). It's *free* for the basic version so that's a huge feature. Can't wait to avoid listening to my voicemail box (which I never do anyways)

What do you dislike?

Transcription costs $$ (20 msgs for $5/mo) , and up from there -- doesn't Google Voice do this for free?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful about their automatic cleanup plan which will delete voicemails after 30 days.

Callers who leave a voicemail are defaulted to receive a TXT msg receipt advertising Youmail and which may also cost them txt msg fees - be sure to change this setting.

YouMail review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"Replace your cell phone voicemail with this amazing tool"

What do you like best?

By replacing my Verizon voicemail with this service I am able to route all voicemails through YouMail. This allows me to get email notifications when I miss a call or transcribed emails of all voicemails. Since I cannot always be available via phone, this allows me to easily see who called and what they want.

What do you dislike?

The transcription quality seems to be getting a little worse, but I still get the general idea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at this or Google Voice.

Learning about YouMail?

* We monitor all YouMail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare YouMail to Similar Solutions