YouTrack

YouTrack enables you take advantage of IDE-style intelligence to save your team lots of time on issue tracking and task management. Use smart search queries, batch issue modification and handy shortcuts. Let every team member be as productive as they can be.

Work for YouTrack?

Learning about YouTrack?

Compare YouTrack to Similar Solutions

YouTrack Reviews

Ask YouTrack a Question
Showing 28 YouTrack reviews
YouTrack review by Burton T.
Burton T.

"The opportunity to build the projects in time."

What do you like best?

I like the way of clever search. Gives me the ability to find everything that I need in no time, using smart search request with perfection. I'm glad that I can accelerate the daily routine in a comfortable way. Much better to make multiple panels and share them with my employees or other user teams.

What do you dislike?

I don't know what I can say bad about this software. Tracking system is working good and fast so I'm not complaining about it. Actually its better helper than a bad routine of our working days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The powerful solution to work at your business. I'm sure it is will the best key for your track and report system. Perfect step to know everything about your employees. To use that product is really simple. I recommend to you and I hope that this platform will assist you every time.

We have a much better plan, estimate and control our team’s work by tracking the time existence spent on progress and other performance. We think that is always good to know how and where we work. I can say that we are higher inspection progress and analyze project facts with reports.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about YouTrack
YouTrack review by Erinn C.
Erinn C.

"Issue tracker for progress team. Very easy and fast."

What do you like best?

I can say that here is very clever search. To find everything I need in no time, using clear search queries with ending.I can easily rate up to the daily routine with comfortable shortcuts. Very useful and easy to work.

What do you dislike?

A nice and productive tracking system which is working well doesn't making any bad issues for us. I like that I don't have any problems with use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The better plan, evaluation and control your team’s work by tracking the time essence spent on development and other activities. Productive monitor progress and analyze project information with powerful reports. A great way to know anything about your workers.

We are glad that we can work with higher control progress and dissect project information with reports. The plural and shareable panel. To build multiple dashboards and share them with our working team or another user.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

YouTrack review by Sonny S.
Sonny S.

"A brilliant tool for bug tracking"

What do you like best?

I really love YouTrack for its ease of use. Also, this service can be easily configured for each project and for a specific user. The product is very convenient configuration of the key combination.

I also like a lot of shortcuts, which are very easy to navigate through the program.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I lack some indicators. I would like to see more reports in the next updates. Also, this service does not have a friendly interface - a beginner will find it difficult to quickly understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already familiar with the products from Jetbrains, then you are already familiar with their quality. If you need a great tool for storing the problems of your project and all the problems of your team - Youtrack is definitely what you are looking for. With it, you can easily enhance the control of your team.

Our team has a large project and we needed a service to monitor the functionality and problems of our product. Since we already use other Jetbrains products, we decided to try YouTrack.

YouTrack review by Roland M.
Roland M.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like the smart search, it is convenient for them to use. With its help, it is possible to find anything in the shortest time. I also like reports, they help to monitor and analyze your project more efficiently. Recently, I started using YouTrack Mobile as well. The mobile client is quite convenient, it shows unfinished tasks and you can easily plan your time.

What do you dislike?

Great product. I have no complaints. In general, I am completely satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really good choice from JetBrains company. I use a lot of software from that company. If you are looking for a quality service, do not doubt and try the YouTrack.

We are working on several projects at once, this is our main goal in a short-term solution of problems. Integration of this service was very quick and without any difficulties. If we had any questions, the support service quickly solved them. With the help of YouTrack, our team began to better plan the work. We monitor how much time is spent on development, and how much time for other activities.

YouTrack review by Jeffry F.
Jeffry F.

"Awesome product, ahead of the competition"

What do you like best?

The guys-developers from JetBrains are just great, Youtrack is just great. I really love the support of keyboard shortcuts for any action. Backups are created automatically according to a specified schedule. There was an integration with command products JetBrains, BitBucket, and GitLab. Improved integration with GitHub. The new reports are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any special comments to this program, but from a huge number of functions the speed of work a little suffers. The user interface can be a little better for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program. The price is acceptable, and for a small team of up to 10 people, a free package is enough. I have recommended it to many other people.

We tried a lot of issue / project tracking product but we chose YouTrack. We've been using this for a little over a year for all issue and task tracking. Flexible system setup for workflows of any complexity saves time for the whole team. All the code changes are conveniently viewed and discussed in Upsource, this is a very convenient integration.

YouTrack review by Krystyna L.
Krystyna L.

"Great edition for tracking"

What do you like best?

Now I can have the better estimate and control my team’s function by tracking them. To have effectively progressed and analyzed the project with help of strong reports.

What do you dislike?

Until this moment I don't have any issue. Actually, with this program, my work becomes more productive. Everything coming in time. If something will come up I can easily take an answer from online support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In this Software you will have everything that you need. Powerful report and tracking system. By tracking system, you will have the best chance to control your working team.

Helps to my team be on top of our project. Ability to access our mobile.And connect with my working team everywhere I want. Helps to us to find everything that we need.

YouTrack review by Amar K.
Amar K.

"Extremely easy to track tasks and assignments!"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is the feature that I like the most. It gives a snapshot of the most recent tasks for the particular project, makes it easier to search through recent tasks. Another feature which makes Youtrack extremely useful is the comment features enable for the entire team. The team can not only engage through comments over a particular issue but also upload attachments alongwith the comments thereby making available everything at a single place.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit too technical and for the first few days seems complicated to use.

The access rights which needs to be provided to all the users is a bit unclear. At times , I have faced issues while adding team members to projects and assignments only to later find out that they are unable to create issues or assign or post updates to the tasks assigned to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're responsible for managing a number of tasks and a team, Youtrack will be extremely useful for you in managing the responsibilities with ease.

Managing a big project like overseeing the development of a product entails keeping track of hundreds of individual tasks and items. Youtrack actually helped to manage all the tasks, with features like assigning a task to a particular individual in the team. In a nutshell, Youtrack will encourage accountability within the team. When all the tasks and issues are listed and assigned alongwith the expected due dates, it will help in ensuring the the project gets completed on time.

YouTrack review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Project management and tracking tool for developers"

What do you like best?

In our company, we use YouTrack both for tracking developer tasks and marketing tasks. I'm in the marketing team and for me, this tool works okay although obviously it's just not made for my kind of tasks. However, it works fine as a task tracking tool for me. Adding and formatting comments, as well as tagging people in them, is easy and convenient. You can also attach images to a task or a comment in a simple copy-paste manner.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any particular problems with YouTrack. It may not certainly be an eye candy and super intuitive but it looks and works fine.

We use YouTrack to keep track of tasks, both for the development team and the marketing team. The development team uses the sprint methodology, as well as agile boards. However, the marketing team does not make use of this functionality.

YouTrack review by Medet T.
Medet T.

"Yet another tracker"

What do you like best?

They ability to customize properties, dynamics, search and of course the pricing, it was FREE.

Flexible search - very useful

Dynamic models - very very useful

Pricing - it's just free

And this is it. All positive sides i found on youtrack,

What do you dislike?

DESIGN. The most awful design ever.

UX is horrible, such a great tool but such an ugly.

When i tried it for the first time, i tho wow cool, it's free, but then, it get's annoying really fast, no flexibility on UI.

On mobile looks so horrible, and the agile board is just insanely bad. The agile board was good enough, but could be better

Here's the same positive listing but with comments

Flexible search - other alternatives also have it

Dynamic models - might not be required for all projects

Pricing - some alternatives also have free plans

YouTrack definitely has room to grow, with all the dislike, i indeed like it, as a programmer i like they dynamics, and we developers always love free products, but even free product needs a good designer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do some work on UX.

Add features, make it a SPA application, reimplement tagging, improve colors

Such a great product but so terrible gone wrong with the UI/UX.

And please integrate it with other products, like atlassian does

We were using it for couple of projects, when we were developing mobile apps.

First thing first - it's free, our company liked this much. Cuz alternatives required a lot of money investments.

And that's it, we used it because it as free

YouTrack review by Alexander C.
Alexander C.

"Good PM software, has some flaws"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the cleanliness of the software, it's robustness when it comes to setting up projects in specific ways based on team need, cost if self hosted and the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the notification system. The one thing this software lacks is true notifications and an activity feed that's customizable.

We manage all of our non biz dev related projects in YouTrack. That includes all of development, design and research. We also manage bugs, sprints and prioritize projects and requirements.

YouTrack review by Oleksandr M.
Oleksandr M.

"I use the youtrack daily in my company. I am a web-developer"

What do you like best?

- flexible search bar

- flexible agile boards

- works pretty fast

- adjustable for custom workflows (you can create custom fields, program custom logic)

- good at task management: comfortable tasks overview, navigation.

What do you dislike?

- timetracking and time reports - they are is not automated well, there is no pause/play timer for working times. TIme reports and general reports are not flexible enough.

- project overview is not implemented: you cannot provide any data for a project except name. Would be good to have separate pages for projects where you can set project start, end, estimate, etc.

-does not provide "wiki" pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pros: Youtrack is really good at tasks planning, navigation. Suits for agile teams.

Cons: Weak at project management, does not have a proper projects overview.

We use youtrack for Project management, planning and communications.

Youtrack is really good at tasks management, you have a good overview of tasks, it is easy to navigate and see tasks relationship.

It is good for 'agile' teams. You have agile board, can easily manage sprints, milestones.

YouTrack review by Eduard K.
Eduard K.

"Excellent issue-tracking tool! "

What do you like best?

There are a plenty of things I like about YouTrack. First of all, its support for a wide range of processes and how it allows customization of fields and workflows. Besides, it has strong agile support: board, backlog, burndown charts and a huge range of reports. What also sets YouTrack apart is this: in YouTrack you can search issues by entering various queries such as "for: me #Unresolved" and it gets you all unresolved issues assigned to you.

What do you dislike?

I did not find anything I do not like about it, seriously. I found it so much easier and better to use rather than Atlassian JIRA. From the very first day I switched to YouTrack, I never thought about using JIRA ever again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use JetBrains products, you most definitely gotta checkout YouTrack for yourself and your team. If not, it is a great chance to start using all of them including YouTrack and getting all of its benefits right away!

Our workflow is not possible without such a great issue-tracking tool as YouTrack. Despite the fact that our team is not that big, it still would be impossible to track all tasks and issues otherwise.

YouTrack review by Andy N.
Andy N.

"Works smoothly, quickly, and in the way you want"

What do you like best?

YouTrack can adapt quite well to your workflow, and integrates well with other tools.

What do you dislike?

Advanced features are intuitive once you know the basics, but it's not super-easy to feel your way around with no introduction.

Agile project management for embedded software. It's given us functionality that facilitates an Agile process, where we didn't have this capability before.

YouTrack review by Lindsay K.
Lindsay K.

"Great solution for bugs and dept sharing"

What do you like best?

I love that I can enter bugs and tasks and they can be tagged to multiple people and my team can share things back and forth with each other.

What do you dislike?

There are some little nuances in the program that are probably more on my end but it seems like some things could be cleaned up a bit. Attaching a file or something is not available when creating a new card so that's a bit annoying.

We use YouTrack only with our web design and web dev teams. It's a great piece for collaboration between the two teams.

YouTrack review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"A brilliant tool to manage your development teams"

What do you like best?

@team mentioning, easy to setup, very customisable meaning it can flex to suit multiple development teams using multiple methodologies, updates add incredibly useful features, easy to update, easy to manipulate data so importing and exporting is very easy. Very quick to use and update and the wiki markup just works. Simply AMAZING for teams to submit tasks to one another.

What do you dislike?

No out the box plugins with other systems. In built reporting works but not pretty. UX is very functional but not a pretty tool to use, which puts some off. Time reporting leaves a lot to be desired. Fantastic for tasks but hard to run projects within.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccommend to review what would be the majority use of youtrack before developing. Individual task managed is where the tool excels - and can do easily; it WILL bring effciencies into the team and install a lot of good practices to their workflows, even from minimal youtrack builds. However, project management requires significant more setup and it does feel a lot more native to unrelated, development or team tasks to projects working to particular methodolgies. As such, as much as I genuinely love youtrack as a development tool, i would advise against it for pure project management.

We needed a single point of entry for all tasks for our development team, so they could be managed, resourced and prioritised accordingly. Youtrack certainly fills that objective and more. The benefits are a much better organised development team (that span multiple countries) with up to date tickets throughout.

YouTrack review by Mooniq M.
Mooniq M.

"Great features"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about YouTrack is the amount of features available. You can link issues/tickets together, which is quite useful when you're creating a multitude of issues all under one umbrella issue. In fact, when you're creating new issues, YouTrack highlights and searches for keywords to find related issues. This is helpful if your organisation is large and finding duplicate tickets. It's easy to search for keywords and even easier to filter out the results so that they're relevant to you. I also like the email notifications.

What do you dislike?

Initially, when I first started using it, I found the interface clunky. It took a while for me to get used to it, but once I did, I became happy with using it. That being said, a sleeker, more intuitive design would be nicer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely trial it first and see if your team likes the feel. It could feel too clunky & technical for some users, but others would love it.

An organised and central place for time managing projects, assigning tasks and resolving issues/bugs within a team. The time management is especially beneficial as it allows managers to keep track of where users are within an assignment and allows users to update tickets with any setbacks they may be having, and their progress on the task.

YouTrack review by User in Internet

"Flexible and perfect for bug tracking"

What do you like best?

How flexible it is. You can customize it entirely and it lets you add a lot of options and sections for every case you may need to fit your organization workflow and feature/bug tracking.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit complex, but you know: with a great power comes a great complexity!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Youtrack is definetly a great option if you need a tool to keep trak of your project or issues with all your team. It is so configurable so it can fit any team role and it also has many integrations with third party apps that makes workflow and task tracking even better. You can get everyone involved without leaving your current workflow behind.

We're using Youtrack to keep a track of the features and issues of our productes. We're a big team of remote developers so it is crucial to keep everything perfectly organized and under control. Youtrack is the best tool we've tried for this purpose.

YouTrack review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Youtrack - The Jetbrains magic for your team"

What do you like best?

Youtrack is a bug/issue tracker, it will allow you to manage your projects, team, issue and development process, from posting a new issue to closing it when it's done.

First, one of the best thing about Youtrack is the fact that you can host it yourself, which will save cost for your company. You can also rely on well made integration with other jetbrains products, like IDEs or TeamCity, but also with other companies products like GitHub or Bitbucket for example.

Deploying Youtrack is really easy with a well made documentation and the possibility to deploy a JAR. You just have to prepare a new user, and launch the server.

What do you dislike?

Youtrack doesn't really have a good user interface, you sometimes find yourself struggling to make something should be a lot more easy to do. For example, you can't remove a user from a project. If you've added someone that doesn't belong to a project. You will just have to leave it like that, which is very frustrating.

The only maje flaw in Youtrack, is it's poop user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a good bug tracker that you can host your self and that working like a charm with the Jetbrains environment, stop right there, you just found it!

My company was in need for a good issue tracker to allow us to work more efficiently, since we were already using other Jetbrains products like Webstorm or Phpstorm, we didn't really thought about changing. Youtrack as been a really good way of solving our managment and communications issues.

YouTrack review by Pedro F.
Pedro F.

"great experience"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about YouTrack is that it covers all my needs in terms of team management, and client issues management.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would love to have on YouTrack would be an automation for archive the issues one by one rather than per project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the only fair comparison with YouTrack is Jira from Altassian.

We manage a custom ERP for a group of clients, and we manage new requests, bug reports, and improvements. But most of all we manage priorities in collaboration with the clients.

YouTrack review by Kamran Ahmed A.
Kamran Ahmed A.

"It is for developers!"

What do you like best?

You have a command prompt, you can actually write commands to do everything on YouTrack. Plus, you can host your own YouTrack server.

What do you dislike?

The UI could be more polished, but hey it doesn't matter much.

We were using Redmine before, which looked like a console to write SQL queries, plus it wasn't as customizable as far as I could explore it.

YouTrack review by Calvin L.
Calvin L.

"Great tool for organizing work flow and tracking progress"

What do you like best?

Great organization features, searching tools, progress tracking, extensions and rest api

What do you dislike?

Upgrading you track versions is not as easy as it should be

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier version upgrade / database migration process

Application Software development.

Easier organization of bugs and features. A nice way to distribute load between team members. Highly flexible searching tools.

YouTrack review by Nikolay G.
Nikolay G.

"Modern and clean issue tracking system"

What do you like best?

It's created by developers and for developers, so it has a good configuration of keyboard shortcuts

It has a good integration with other production from JetBrains.

It has a cloud hosted solution.

What do you dislike?

It's not that flexible as it might be, so it mostly for a software development processes.

I use it for working with bug requests and it works perfectly for that task.

YouTrack review by Jeremy P.
Jeremy P.

"YouTrack is a complex and convenient bug database offering unique methods for all users."

What do you like best?

It offers a large amount of options (such as viewing it like a standard database or as an agile board) for users and varying options for each project.

What do you dislike?

Currently my biggest issue is in relation to searching. There may be some ways to correct this that weren't setup correctly when we started using the service but currently I run into unusual issues when I attempt to search unique states an issue is in with multiple exact terms resulting in inaccurate results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

YouTrack offers a large variety and can even be very complex but offers easy to use shortcuts that make for simple navigation.

YouTrack is being used for bugs and tasks in Software Development.

YouTrack review by Ben L.
Ben L.

"Customizeable"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to modify the entire method of tracking bugs and features

What do you dislike?

The workflow process can be cumbersome in nature

We have implemented bug tracking and auto email responze

YouTrack review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Great application for managing cases"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is what I love about youtrack! It was very simple to catch on and ticket tracking has never been so smoothe.

What do you dislike?

Maybe add a little more reporting and metrics. Other than that, great product!

This has been. A great tool for managing tools. We have integrated youtrack with many different applications which makes our lives easier

YouTrack review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to learn and manage"

What do you like best?

YouTrack has been a great tool for both internal and client QA. It's easy to learn which is great.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to ensure clients can only see their project and not all others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for bug tracking

We now have a consistently used and centralized QA/bug tracking tool.

YouTrack review by User in Computer Software

"For everyday use"

What do you like best?

It's really convenient, reliable and fast software. I like how API works, easy to get data from the system.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far (2 years of experience). Won't make up anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First give it a try.

Issue/features tracking

YouTrack review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Decent management tool"

What do you like best?

Easy tracking and movement of tickets. Customizable.

What do you dislike?

Agile board doesn't show dependencies easily. Reporting capabilities very limited, need third party like periscope data to visualize what I want.

Building new products: organizing and maintaining backlog, sprint planning and execution

Learning about YouTrack?

* We monitor all YouTrack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare YouTrack to Similar Solutions