Neon CRM

Neon CRM is a cloud-based Donor Management database built specifically for nonprofit organizations. The product focuses on relationship management through automated alerts, day-to-day processes, and website integration.

Work for Neon CRM?

Learning about Neon CRM?

Neon CRM Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 42 Neon CRM reviews
Neon CRM review by <span>Ilana D.</span>
Ilana D.

"Versatile program that does a lot!"

What do you like best?

I love that Neon is cloud-based, so we can access it from anywhere, whether working at home, out in the field, or in the office. I also like that it performs so many functions -- we use it to manage memberships, receive and track donations, register people for events, and do social fundraising. When you look up a constituent's record, you can easily see all the events that s/he has attended, the donations they've made, and if their membership is current as well as other info.

What do you dislike?

Because it covers so many functions, it probably doesn't do any single function as well as a stand-along program would. For instance, I suspect that stand-along social fundraising software might offer us more bells and whistles than Neon. But as a small non-profit, we don't jave the budget or staff to purchase and manage a bunch of different programs. So Neon works well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Neon is generally easy to use, I would recommend making the time upfront to really learn the system. Whoever will be your lead user should spend a week taking all the training webinars.

In addition, if you have the budget for it, I would suggest hiring a Neon consultant for a couple of days to show you how to use it most effectively.

This isn't necessary. We didn't do it, and it's certainly possible to get going without a consultant. But it's always easier learning from an actual person sitting beside you than from a Help file or a webinar. It would gave made our transition smoother and more efficient if we'd done that.

Membership tracking and renewal

Donations and donor tracking

Event registration

Social fundraising

We are able to manage registration for events much more easily than in the past. We offer more classes than in the past, and registration is seamless with Neon.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Neon CRM
Neon CRM review by <span>Trina J.</span>
Trina J.

"Neon provides the functionality with great customer service"

What do you like best?

It's a toss up between the reporting and the customer service. Neon has vast reporting capabilities. While it takes some time to develop expertise in pulling the right information, you can really report on any breadth and depth of data. We use Neon in so many customized ways to fit and expand what we can do and track.

Neon's customer service is also excellent. They have a live chat feature I use all the time, and they consistently respond to client requests with frequent updates.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional blips with functionality, but nothing major. Two problem areas have been the ability to customize our donate form and proliferation of duplicates, but Neon is working on/has already solved these issues for us.

I have only ever used Neon, but I absolutely love it. We can record so much useful information about our donors and volunteers and report on it easily. I love the integration with Mailchimp and that donations are automatically processed from our website into our CRM. It is becoming an ever-more-useful tool.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

Neon CRM review by <span>Denise S.</span>
Denise S.

"Neon has been a great product for our small non-profit ministry!"

What do you like best?

We are a small non-profit ministry and the bottom line is usually our biggest concern. Neon was able to fulfill our needs and most of our desires for a donor database program and not kill our budget! As a small but growing ministry, the fact that Neon will grow with us, was a big deal for us.

The communication with Neon is great. When I have a question that I can't find the answer to, I just submit it online and they always respond quickly. I usually don't have to wait more than a day or two for my issue to be completely resolved.

Our conversion process was very quick and virtually 'painless'. The importing tool they have is fairly easy to use and with the implementation team at my disposal, it went very easily.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if the reporting programs would allow for more creativity and flexibility in printing directly from the program. Neon users need to be able to use and manipulate data within Excel in order to create comprehensive and good looking reports. For those with that skill, you can get pretty much anything you need out of the system - it just limits the user that isn't 'Excel savvy'.

We weren't able to bring over our account 'notes' when we converted to NEON. It was a nuisance, but not a show stopper.

We needed an easy way that multiple users at a time could inquire, update and post to donor records. Neon's cloud based system made it easy. Anywhere our development team is, if they have access to the internet, they can get to the database. We were also able to use Neon for our event planning and registration. This allowed us to NOT have to use another, 3rd party system to put our data into. It has made registration and dealing with sponsors much easier than before.

Neon CRM review by <span>Linda Sue M.</span>
Linda Sue M.

"Close to Utopia for a Non-profit CRM"

What do you like best?

Cloud-based database! What a relief to have someone else managing the server and software. Really lowers the cost of total ownership on a database system. The development team is regularly providing updates and improvements. In our old database it would take our consultants months to make one improvement.

Additionally, they have several built in tokens, (fields that are generated from within the database, like Last Donation Amount, or Last Fiscal Year Donation Total) which are extremely useful. They can be used within the system to communicate both with staff and also with the constituent.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much I dislike. One shortcoming if you could call it that is in the reporting. Whereas I appreciate the complexity of reporting the only option for making a report presentable at meetings is to export it into Excel and then establish the report headings and table formats. There is no option to print a report styled document within Neon.

Unable to use custom fields in several key areas. For example, being able to send out system generated letters, either email or snail mail, that contain custom fields. The only viable method to complete this activity is to export the data through a report and use Excel and Word to generate the letters.

Our organization uses volunteer very heavily. They are a critical aspect of the mission services we provide. There is very little tracking available. We've been able to create new fields to cover our need, but there is little structure within the system to do anything other than record their time and expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been very impressed with Neon's business. They are committed to helping non-profits. They offer training videos and a knowledge base of articles on how to do just about everything I've ever asked them. If I can't find the article myself, I send over a support request and get the article link very quickly. Usually, less than one day.

Our organization had a problem with the old system we were using. Not only were new features hard to implement, upgrades to the backend system were not getting done. We were at the point where we need to update the server and desktop software and were running into compatibility difficulties with the various desktop operating systems. Now all the desktops work with the database. And even have some limited functions on smartphones.

Neon CRM review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Neon is Helping Us Better Care for Our Partners"

What do you like best?

The ability to maintain a detailed record of our communications and interactions with our partners has allowed us to better care for and thank them. It allows us to see what they have given to, thank them specifically, and tailor our invitations to projects that they would be interested in supporting.

What do you dislike?

We had hoped for the ability to customize the Volunteer module more. Our volunteers don't volunteer for specific projects, but for different volunteer roles in our programs, and it's hard to reflect that in Neon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Neon takes a bit of a learning curve. However, because of all features and ability to capture information, it's totally worth learning! Something simpler may be quicker to learn, but it wouldn't offer as many features and tools.

For fundraising, the Campaigns feature has allowed us to create specific donation forms for different campaigns. This helped us ensure that our partners' gifts went to the programs and projects they specifically wanted to support! It has also helped our fundraising efforts be more efficient and specialized. It's nice when a partner wants to give to a particular project, and when they click to give, the form has the name of that specific project! It builds trust and offers transparency.

Neon CRM review by <span>Kathleen W.</span>
Kathleen W.

"Yes! for Neon CRM for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

We have had Neon CRM for 19 months now, and it has been a great experience. The program itself has been simple to use and is meeting our needs so far. What I like best is the customer service when I do have a question. The support team is quick to respond, friendly and professional, and have always been able to answer my questions and solve my problems.

What do you dislike?

The outward appearance of Neon CRM looks a little outdated to me. Very functional, but could be updated looks wise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There might be other software that is fancier, but Neon meets the basic needs and more for non-profits at a very reasonable price.

Membership management. Every day I am able to see where we are at with membership this year, compared to where we were at with membership the previous year on that day. Very helpful!

Learning about Neon CRM?

* We monitor all Neon CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.