Neon CRM

Neon CRM is a cloud-based Donor Management database built specifically for nonprofit organizations. The product focuses on relationship management through automated alerts, day-to-day processes, and website integration.

Work for Neon CRM?

Learning about Neon CRM?

Neon CRM Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 42 Neon CRM reviews
Neon CRM review by <span>Ilana D.</span>
Ilana D.

"Versatile program that does a lot!"

What do you like best?

I love that Neon is cloud-based, so we can access it from anywhere, whether working at home, out in the field, or in the office. I also like that it performs so many functions -- we use it to manage memberships, receive and track donations, register people for events, and do social fundraising. When you look up a constituent's record, you can easily see all the events that s/he has attended, the donations they've made, and if their membership is current as well as other info.

What do you dislike?

Because it covers so many functions, it probably doesn't do any single function as well as a stand-along program would. For instance, I suspect that stand-along social fundraising software might offer us more bells and whistles than Neon. But as a small non-profit, we don't jave the budget or staff to purchase and manage a bunch of different programs. So Neon works well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Neon is generally easy to use, I would recommend making the time upfront to really learn the system. Whoever will be your lead user should spend a week taking all the training webinars.

In addition, if you have the budget for it, I would suggest hiring a Neon consultant for a couple of days to show you how to use it most effectively.

This isn't necessary. We didn't do it, and it's certainly possible to get going without a consultant. But it's always easier learning from an actual person sitting beside you than from a Help file or a webinar. It would gave made our transition smoother and more efficient if we'd done that.

Membership tracking and renewal

Donations and donor tracking

Event registration

Social fundraising

We are able to manage registration for events much more easily than in the past. We offer more classes than in the past, and registration is seamless with Neon.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Neon CRM
Neon CRM review by <span>Trina J.</span>
Trina J.

"Neon provides the functionality with great customer service"

What do you like best?

It's a toss up between the reporting and the customer service. Neon has vast reporting capabilities. While it takes some time to develop expertise in pulling the right information, you can really report on any breadth and depth of data. We use Neon in so many customized ways to fit and expand what we can do and track.

Neon's customer service is also excellent. They have a live chat feature I use all the time, and they consistently respond to client requests with frequent updates.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional blips with functionality, but nothing major. Two problem areas have been the ability to customize our donate form and proliferation of duplicates, but Neon is working on/has already solved these issues for us.

I have only ever used Neon, but I absolutely love it. We can record so much useful information about our donors and volunteers and report on it easily. I love the integration with Mailchimp and that donations are automatically processed from our website into our CRM. It is becoming an ever-more-useful tool.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

Neon CRM review by <span>Denise S.</span>
Denise S.

"Neon has been a great product for our small non-profit ministry!"

What do you like best?

We are a small non-profit ministry and the bottom line is usually our biggest concern. Neon was able to fulfill our needs and most of our desires for a donor database program and not kill our budget! As a small but growing ministry, the fact that Neon will grow with us, was a big deal for us.

The communication with Neon is great. When I have a question that I can't find the answer to, I just submit it online and they always respond quickly. I usually don't have to wait more than a day or two for my issue to be completely resolved.

Our conversion process was very quick and virtually 'painless'. The importing tool they have is fairly easy to use and with the implementation team at my disposal, it went very easily.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if the reporting programs would allow for more creativity and flexibility in printing directly from the program. Neon users need to be able to use and manipulate data within Excel in order to create comprehensive and good looking reports. For those with that skill, you can get pretty much anything you need out of the system - it just limits the user that isn't 'Excel savvy'.

We weren't able to bring over our account 'notes' when we converted to NEON. It was a nuisance, but not a show stopper.

We needed an easy way that multiple users at a time could inquire, update and post to donor records. Neon's cloud based system made it easy. Anywhere our development team is, if they have access to the internet, they can get to the database. We were also able to use Neon for our event planning and registration. This allowed us to NOT have to use another, 3rd party system to put our data into. It has made registration and dealing with sponsors much easier than before.

Neon CRM review by <span>Linda Sue M.</span>
Linda Sue M.

"Close to Utopia for a Non-profit CRM"

What do you like best?

Cloud-based database! What a relief to have someone else managing the server and software. Really lowers the cost of total ownership on a database system. The development team is regularly providing updates and improvements. In our old database it would take our consultants months to make one improvement.

Additionally, they have several built in tokens, (fields that are generated from within the database, like Last Donation Amount, or Last Fiscal Year Donation Total) which are extremely useful. They can be used within the system to communicate both with staff and also with the constituent.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much I dislike. One shortcoming if you could call it that is in the reporting. Whereas I appreciate the complexity of reporting the only option for making a report presentable at meetings is to export it into Excel and then establish the report headings and table formats. There is no option to print a report styled document within Neon.

Unable to use custom fields in several key areas. For example, being able to send out system generated letters, either email or snail mail, that contain custom fields. The only viable method to complete this activity is to export the data through a report and use Excel and Word to generate the letters.

Our organization uses volunteer very heavily. They are a critical aspect of the mission services we provide. There is very little tracking available. We've been able to create new fields to cover our need, but there is little structure within the system to do anything other than record their time and expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been very impressed with Neon's business. They are committed to helping non-profits. They offer training videos and a knowledge base of articles on how to do just about everything I've ever asked them. If I can't find the article myself, I send over a support request and get the article link very quickly. Usually, less than one day.

Our organization had a problem with the old system we were using. Not only were new features hard to implement, upgrades to the backend system were not getting done. We were at the point where we need to update the server and desktop software and were running into compatibility difficulties with the various desktop operating systems. Now all the desktops work with the database. And even have some limited functions on smartphones.

Neon CRM review by <span>Megan S.</span>
Megan S.

"Neon is Helping Us Better Care for Our Partners"

What do you like best?

The ability to maintain a detailed record of our communications and interactions with our partners has allowed us to better care for and thank them. It allows us to see what they have given to, thank them specifically, and tailor our invitations to projects that they would be interested in supporting.

What do you dislike?

We had hoped for the ability to customize the Volunteer module more. Our volunteers don't volunteer for specific projects, but for different volunteer roles in our programs, and it's hard to reflect that in Neon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Neon takes a bit of a learning curve. However, because of all features and ability to capture information, it's totally worth learning! Something simpler may be quicker to learn, but it wouldn't offer as many features and tools.

For fundraising, the Campaigns feature has allowed us to create specific donation forms for different campaigns. This helped us ensure that our partners' gifts went to the programs and projects they specifically wanted to support! It has also helped our fundraising efforts be more efficient and specialized. It's nice when a partner wants to give to a particular project, and when they click to give, the form has the name of that specific project! It builds trust and offers transparency.

Neon CRM review by <span>Kathleen W.</span>
Kathleen W.

"Yes! for Neon CRM for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

We have had Neon CRM for 19 months now, and it has been a great experience. The program itself has been simple to use and is meeting our needs so far. What I like best is the customer service when I do have a question. The support team is quick to respond, friendly and professional, and have always been able to answer my questions and solve my problems.

What do you dislike?

The outward appearance of Neon CRM looks a little outdated to me. Very functional, but could be updated looks wise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There might be other software that is fancier, but Neon meets the basic needs and more for non-profits at a very reasonable price.

Membership management. Every day I am able to see where we are at with membership this year, compared to where we were at with membership the previous year on that day. Very helpful!

Neon CRM review by <span>Johanna M.</span>
Johanna M.

"NEON covers multiple uses for small nonprofits"

What do you like best?

I like the cloud-based function that allows me to access it from anywhere and the how easy it is to learn. I was only trained on how to use it once and navigating the program on my own has been uncomplicated. I also like that in one place we can keep track of membership, collect payments, and manage events.

What do you dislike?

The search function has been inconsistent at times. Sometimes I have to search in multiple ways (by organization name, leader name, first name or only last name) to find what I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use, so if you don't have extensive training, take time periodically to go through it and figure out how it works.

Being able to keep track of membership, payments, events, and being able to search the history of any particular organization that sends people to our events.

Neon CRM review by <span>Kate F.</span>
Kate F.

"Wonderful Solution for Growing Nonprofit"

What do you like best?

The accessibility for our members to access all event registrations, the member directory and fluidity to share information is wonderful. The constituent login reflects the look and feel of our website, providing a consistent brand.

The direct link with Mail Chimp is extremely helpful and has reduced the amount of staff time for running reports in excel and uploading into a mass mail provider.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the Member Directory was a bit more editable with colors and fonts and fields. However, the basics are covered and that is primarily what our members are looking for.

The time in streamlining membership renewals has decreased ten fold. The reports are generated through Neon and letters can be mail merged directly from the system. By using Neon's system our membership renewal's have increased.

Neon CRM review by <span>Sally A.</span>
Sally A.

"Great for Non-profits!"

What do you like best?

This system has helped us grow our non-profit and manage our database of event attendees, donors & sponsors. Everything we used prior to was very manual and labor intensive. Neon now allows us to reach a large audience and the push of a few buttons.

What do you dislike?

This has nothing to do with Neon; we only use the system for our one annual fundraiser. This means that we are not in the system very often, so it is easy to forget how to navigate. However, there are plenty of videos and FAQ's to get us back on track.

Less labor intensive tasks & reaching more people. We also don't have to worry about cash & checks at the events since we are linked into Paypal through Neon.

Neon CRM review by <span>Terry S.</span>
Terry S.

"The right software every non profit needs to take their fundraising to the next level."

What do you like best?

We can do everything regarding fundraising, volunteers, reporting and events in one software package. It is very user friendly and the set up and transition to Neon was incredibly efficient. Being able to use it on a PC, tablet or smartphone has allowed us the flexibility we need in reaching our donors and working fundraising events. The knowledgeable people at Neon and their willingness to help has made the move to Neon even more worthwhile. You feel like the team at Neon are partners in helping our non profit succeed in our goals. My personal favorite feature that I like is the donors being able to create their own account in the Neon system, where they can see their donation history and setup, manage and make recurring donations. This has helped us more than double our online recurring giving.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting could have more choices in what is included in that report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a live demo and ask questions, Neon will win you over with their knowledge, support and their desire for you to succeed in your goals. We had 4 people on the team evaluating new crm's and it was unanimous for Neon when the live demo was complete.

We have been able to better track our donor mailings and the return on those mailings which allows us to know which ones are effective and which are not. We are able to send email updates to our donor data base much more efficiently. We are able to upload documents to our donor accounts so everything is in one place and can be accessed by all who need the information. Being able to create forms in Neon and have them on our website where our donors can make donations and have it post to their record and send them a receipt without human intervention has saved us time and funds. Volunteers can fill out a volunteer application on line and managing that through Neon has helped us increase our volunteer base. Being able to answer managements questions about our donors and fundraising efforts has been outstanding.

Neon CRM review by <span>Linda L.</span>
Linda L.

"THE best database for Non-profits"

What do you like best?

Their technical support is OUTSTANDING! I cannot say enough great things about their staff and how quickly they respond and get issues resolved. What a wonderful aspect to this great product! There has not been one instance where the problem hasn't been resolved in a short period of time or that they haven't been able to figure out where the problem lies. They do not hesitate to take issues to their developers, if necessary, for a permanent fix.

Also, they offer several different modules that are useful for various projects and tracking that is critical for fund raising, managing memberships and events, balancing ways to communicate with members or non-members. They are constantly listening to their clients and making upgrades that prove to be beneficial for all users.

What do you dislike?

Reports are the biggest problem that we experience. It takes a while to understand what criteria is necessary to extract the information you wish to analyze. However, once you have the proper criteria you know that the information is accurate.

When you download a report to Excel it is exactly as you see it in NEON. Therefore, you have to sort it and "fancy it up" if it's required for a presentation or is to be in an official report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at SEVERAL CRM's out there and determined that NEON best suited our needs. It's not perfect but it's very close to fulfilling any non-profits needs for tracking donors, fundraising, etc. My recommendation would be buy, buy, buy!

We have reduced the amount of time and resources it was taking to manage members, their information and their payments. We have the capability to increase the awareness of our organization and have seen our membership grow. We have also enjoyed seeing our membership renewals increase and a decrease in members who lapse.

Syncing with QuickBooks has been a tremendous help with data entry and has reduced the amount of time it used to take to allocate items individually into QuickBooks.

Neon CRM review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Donation Page, Revamp"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to get something done, and how everyone updates you with its progress whether its a question, or a new addition to my organization's platform. We just had our donation page match what our website is. You wouldn't even know that two different people put it together!

What do you dislike?

The biggest hiccup that I run into is when making new forms! I want to be sure that I'm doing it correctly and it always seems like I'm messing something up! Eventually I get there, it just takes a little more time.

We have continuously solved the difficulties that come when trying to have donors donate - all the questions they have are answered in the platform. It's also always been difficult to make sure that all of my staff is on the same page with where we stand with donations and reaching out to stakeholders.

Neon CRM review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent Customer service and tech support"

What do you like best?

The quick response time to support tickets and other tech issues is unmatched! If I cant find what I ma looking for in the Knowledgebase- and most of the time I can- I know I can count on great support from a knowledgeable Neon staff member.

What do you dislike?

There are really just some simple things such as

I wish all reports containing numbers would total every number column at the bottom

I wish declined gifts/ payments were not shown in the gift record and giving total

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial database. Go in and test anything and everything that you may use the system for.

The system is very user friendly and our entire team is able to navigate and handle the basics no mater what their skill level. This frees up my time to do what I need to be doing.

Neon CRM review by <span>Amber N.</span>
Amber N.

"It's what non-profit donor management should be"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. I've struggled through other CRMs geared toward non-profits. Nothing comes close to NeonCRM in terms of ease of use, intuitiveness, and ability for anyone to just start using it with minimal training. Running reports is so easy. Importing donations from an excel file is so easy. It's just exactly what a CRM should be, especially for a small non-profit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system takes a few minutes to make changes to letters and forms, and that gets confusing. I also sometimes have to look through 3 or 4 help articles to get what I'm looking for, and a more solid help structure might help that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're not going to find anything easier to use, especially if you're an organization with limited resources.

With no employees, all volunteers based, we have a solid database of every donor that has given to the organization from the beginning, as well as tracked volunteer hours for matching grants. I have worked professionally with a lot of non-profits, and this is usually an area where they struggle to keep up after an initial few years of (mostly) bad record-keeping. I count us so lucky to have started with NeonCRM; I tell everyone in a non-profit setting about it.

Neon CRM review by <span>Rebecca A.</span>
Rebecca A.

"A robust product for the price, but still requires improvements on everyday functionality"

What do you like best?

NEON CRM does a great service to the nonprofit industry by offering a fairly robust, cloud-based CRM solution for a reasonable price. It fills the bill when handling basic functions and does a good job of tracking communications (including its internal e-mai program) and automated acknowledgement letters. It is fairly intuitive and easy to learn with a wealth of videos and an extensive knowledgebase which answer a variety of questions.

What do you dislike?

Having used other, more advanced (and costly) systems, NEON comes up short on a variety of both basic and advanced features and functionality. There is a major problem with duplicates which is frustrating since there is very little the system does on the front end to deter users from creating duplicate accounts, and the duplicate finder on the backend is almost worthless. The reporting function is also very limited and requires advanced techniques to forcefully access the information you need unless you are pulling the most standard of reports. There is no way to make user-defines mass changes to data--only a few pre-defined options which is frustrating for anyone with CRM experience. The system is glitchy too with error pages showing up an inopportune times causing chaos and lost time. If you are used to the big-name solutions which allow the user advanced freedom to work with the database, you will find this system extremely constricting. A lot of time is spent cleaning this database to maintain its integrity due to the limited access the user has to customizing anything and setting up auto-generated fields (preferred name, salutations derived from formulas, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on your needs--if you want a very basic yet easy to understand system--then yes.

I have recommended this product for two clients I work for and it meets their basic CRM needs. Having done full implementations simultaneously, I have come across many limitations and may not recommend it again--but much of this has to do with having experienced the functionality of other, higher-end CRM systems. That being said, I think it does a great job of holding the information, generating basic reports, and providing communications on a basic level. Can't beat the price and it gets the job done for most small organizations.

Neon CRM review by <span>Beau V.</span>
Beau V.

"NeonCRM great produce, superior service, best prices"

What do you like best?

The price versus value. My organization, Brighter Bites, is just getting started into fundraising, and partnering with NeonCRM is the best decision we could have made. Not only do we get a robust system with tons of features, we are also getting system that can grow as we grow, and that my friends, is invaluable. I also love the ability to sync with some of the systems I already use. The features of this software are amazing, give Samantha Nyland a call, she will show you all the features and get you started.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. My organization is driven by data. We love to measure the success of our program, so we require a software that will allow us to drill down an analyze our efforts. I can see where this software might be a bit overwhelming for some smaller non-profits that are not used to using a robust system. However, with that said, it's like riding a bike, once you learn how, you never forget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare NeonCRM to Donor Perfect and Raiser's Edge and then look at the pricing. You'll be happy you did.

Brighter Bites needs a system that enabled our staff to remain connected to donors, volunteers, and funding foundations. We have several segments to consider, and we needed a system that would work with some of the systems we have in place, and a system that would enable growth. NeonCRM did just that.

Neon CRM review by <span>Kay C.</span>
Kay C.

"Easy to learn, easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is a great CRM for smaller organizations. It is easy to use, allows for fairly complete records of constituent information, and the training videos and documentation are well-executed. I have been using CRM-type systems for over 20 years and I think Neon CRM is an excellent value for the price. The knowledgebase is easy to search and the help I have received from the helpdesk has made my work much easier.

What do you dislike?

The standard reporting tools provided seem robust at first glance, but I am finding it difficult to do any deep analysis (and I am accustomed to "forcing" systems to give me the data I want). For example, I just used Neon CRM to manage a year-end campaign, and the campaign reporting tools are weak and not very useful. The data must instead be exported for analysis in another program. But to be fair, this is a shortcoming of every single CRM I have ever used - including many of the major systems commonly in use in non-profit fundraising - and I know this is systemic industry problem, certainly not unique to Neon CRM.

Duplicates seem to be a major problem in Neon CRM, but only because a user can make a gift online without logging in or creating an account. It is easy to remove duplicates from the system, but it is time-consuming. Users will need to devote time for regular duplicate maintenance, especially following any large online gift campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any fundraising CRM, I recommend engaging the services of someone who is experienced with gift entry processes and best practices. Recording information correctly, acknowledging donor promptly, and analyzing data are critical work (and legal) components that should be supervised by a knowledgeable person.

Neon CRM was selected to be the first CRM/fundraising database for the organization I am working with. The organization has no home office, so this system makes it easy for all concerned parties to work in the records from anywhere, and to share information as needed.

Neon CRM review by <span>weston k.</span>
weston k.

"Great service!"

What do you like best?

I am able to have everything in one place with easy access. Entering information wether it be financial or individuals contact info is easy to find and change if necessary. If a co-worker is looking for something I can tell them to look it up in NEON and they always are able to find it.

What do you dislike?

using the back button messes things up sometimes. I have had some trouble with merging accounts but the support team usually does a great job helping me. Creating events doesn't always work properly as far as having people register and the link in our website. I wish there was an app so I can view it on my phone when Im on the go instead of going through my browser and having to zoom in just to navigate the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want everything in one easy to manage place than NeonCRM is what you need.

We can track finances from various places and communicate easily. one benefit is that you dont have to sync your computer which can make things more difficult. no matter where I am I have access to our info.

Neon CRM review by <span>Dan L.</span>
Dan L.

"Excellent tool for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

Being able to automate responses when a donor donates. Analyzing the data is easy and extremely helpful. The communications features are very helpful in tracking communications with volunteers, donors, members and others who are in our database. The software has lots of potential and I feel like I am still learning how to fully utilize it but so far it has been everything we wanted and needed.

What do you dislike?

It is such an extensive program that learning how to maximize its potential can be time consuming. We are still trying to understand the difference between a "donor" and a "member" because we use the terms interchangeably but the Neon has them as different types of constituents/customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be a game changer for your nonprofit or company. We used to have to enter all this data manually and now it can be automated and streamlined so it has made us a more efficient non profit.

Automating our donation responses and providing annual reminders of expiring memberships to members. Our fundraising efforts are more streamlined, professional and easier to analyze.

Neon CRM review by <span>Ashley C.</span>
Ashley C.

"Can't Imagine Work Without It"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to keep notes and actions on our donors. It has helped us keep from stepping on toes here in the office. I also like the ability to track what type of mailings you send out such as Thank You notes. It's got everything you could possibly need and not know that you need.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little clunky at times and not the best at user experience. I've had some issues with their automatic email system at times.

I don't really like the way "prospects" are set up but that might just be because I'm still learning what I can do with the software.

The app could use a lot of work. You can look up donors but can't add donations or notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very powerful system. It can do a lot and so give it some time with study and trial and error.

We've been able to better segment our donors and target them for special communications.

Neon CRM review by <span>Lora Z.</span>
Lora Z.

"Not intuitive"

What do you like best?

It is very robust and pretty much anything you have thought of, they have already incorporated

What do you dislike?

This is not the easiest to use application. I am quite computer literate and I find this app a bit tedious. There is a pretty steep learning curve

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is training available, I would consider scheduling it for those who will need to use the app

It tracks our donors, the people who come to our events and the donations we receive. It does automatically send thank you letters out to our donor base.

Neon CRM review by <span>Chelsea Renee A.</span>
Chelsea Renee A.

"The BEST shopping experience and the BEST deal!"

What do you like best?

Look here first! The shopping experience was incredible compared to other CRMs. I loved that my sales rep, Kyle, showed me an in-depth walk through of Neon using a preexisting organization. It made it so easy to picture my organization in the software. Kyle is experienced in non-profit management and knew what an organization of my size needed in a software. That really helped us determine what functionality we were looking for since this would be our first CRM. Getting the free 30day trial was extremely helpful. All this functionality, ease-of use, unlimited users, low monthly cost, partnering with payment processors with a transaction rate of 1.99%- there is no other CRM like it!

What do you dislike?

I learn better with someone showing me rather than telling me. When it comes to setting up the software, I think it would be really helpful to have someone from Neon have access to my screen (like Microsoft does) to show me how to set up what we need to get started (online donation form, event tickets, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look here first! The experience of evaluating Neon was way, way, way better than evaluating other software. With almost every other CRM out there, you never really knew what it would look like or what it would do exactly. There's no mystery here. I learned Neon at an internship and even as someone new to the nonprofits, it was easy to understand and to use effectively. The organization that I'm with now has just implemented it and it's already making our lives easier.

My organization was looking for one program that would integrate online giving, CRM, volunteer and event management, and fundraising management. We are a small organization with less than 20 employees and a donor pool of about 250 that we want to grow. Neon is really going to make it easier for us to get to the next level. I'm not a computer expert. I didn't want to get a great software that is a nightmare to learn and use. Neon is incredibly functional and user friendly.

Neon CRM review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"So user friendly and shares data across my needs"

What do you like best?

Love to track so much data about donors! It's nice to have everything tracked in place - from registrations to donations, and volunteers, too.

What do you dislike?

Terms aren't assumptive when you go to pull reports. I have to "speak neon" to know the report parameters I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is worth every penny. The amount of work it has reduced from our workload is significant. I just wish that it would look less pixelated and nicer on our website donate sheet as well as the mail merges.

Tracking donors and donations to thank properly!

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"NeonCRM Still Impressive with A Year in Use"

What do you like best?

The best thing about NeonCRM is the quick access to live customer service. I will not say there are not occasional issues, but when there are, it is a quick incident report and a solution within hours. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable and understands the world of non-profit. The same names you read online are the people you speak to in person or through webinars. It's like family.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features are intricate and therefore take some time to get used to. If you do not understand the report you are running, you may not get expected results. I suggest to my staff to practice by running reports in which you are sure of the results and see if you can run the report to match the results. Also, the time must be taken to use the reporting guides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the All-In-One plan. You will not be sorry. If you do not know how to migrate your database, don't waste the hours trying to save the company money. Just pay the money to have NeonCRM support staff do it. It's worth the time, aggravation and lost donations while trying to figure it out. Use the incident reporting!! NeonCRM is so responsive. Don't ignore the option thinking you need an answer now and don't have time to wait. They will get you an answer often times by end of day!

We solved the problem of exponential growth by automating our donation system. Now a person can donate, receive an immediate thank you and be added to our database for reporting and mailing. That was why we initially researched to find a software subscription.

We are realizing that instead of hiring a volunteer coordinator, we have a virtual one in NeonCRM. The new volunteer module has solved a real issue for our organization. We have also realized how valuable the events module is as we have been able to automate our entire Educational Tours season with dates and times for a donor to sign up, pick a time, pay and receive their email registration. We used to do this by phone!!

Neon CRM review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Really intuitive and Well Documented"

What do you like best?

I really liked the wizard mode during the setup and that the help on how to setup the campaigns is ever at hand. This kind of software is used also by non tehc-savy people so usability is the key!

I really like the automation part and reporting is very useful and well implemented.

Involve the staff on all levels into the campaign on an unique tool is a great feature, the fragmentation of using a tool for email, donation and all... the synchronization of those parts really worried me before starting the project, after few hours on the application i knew that this is the solution to manage everything in one place!

What do you dislike?

Can be pushed the customization side of the product. Is really not an issue but a suggestion.

An app would be really useful to manage remotely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start the trial ASAP is enlightening on how the software works on all its parts.

I had a lot of doubts for the non techie people involved but at the end everything is usable for all the team.

Registration and organization of donors. I never used other softwares but seems quite a good solution to the problem we had with those topics, i don't think i'll search further.

Automation and reporting features are amazing.

Neon CRM review by <span>Tess M.</span>
Tess M.

"NeonCRM makes my life easier each day at work!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about NeonCRM is how easy it is to use. I started work about 6 months ago and had never used a system like this before. With very little time spent looking around NeonCRM, I was able to understand the key features that my work required of me to use on the site. We are able to update memberships, events, and E-Blasts at the touch of a button. This makes my life much easier and simple at work.

What do you dislike?

The hardest part to learn on NeonCRM was the E-blast (communications) System. It can be very specific and I have had to learn HTML code to get certain aspects of the E-Blast to work. I at times, still struggle to use this aspect of NeonCRM.

The biggest business problem that we solve are making sure our members are happy with how they sign up for events, and renew their memberships. With NeonCRM, we are able to streamline a lot of these problems by making sure everyone knows their login, so they do not have to put their information in the system each time they sign up for an event. The biggest benefit of having everything in one place, events, memberships, volunteer management, is that everyone on staff knows how to work the system and thus can help out members out when they need it. Having everyone under one system simplifies everything, when it comes to working.

Neon CRM review by <span>Alison J.</span>
Alison J.

"NEON CRM"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Priced competitively. We are able to assign varying levels of access for staff users. Having all our grant, donor, and contacts in one place makes things easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality is clunky, but I believe the last update helped. No real complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommended this software to other nonprofits.

Tracking events, development, and CRM in one combined software package.

Neon CRM review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Basic CRM system"

What do you like best?

Neon CRM is a simple platform that is easy to integrate into any company that has never worked with CRM softwares before. It is easy to learn and good for someone just getting started.

What do you dislike?

I did not enjoy the "customizable" features, scalability, and overall format of the software after using higher scale competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how far you want your CRM system to take you, and exactly what you will be using it for.

Allowed a brand new nonprofit to manage their donor database in a way that was easy for the founder to understand.

"Fairly new user"

What do you like best?

Having multiple functions within one system.

What do you dislike?

Although the system is quite robust, it is not always very intuitive. There are better systems out there for social fundraising that are more 'user friendly' for our constituents. We field many calls from those trying to set up their fundraising page and experienced difficulties.

In addition, we are having issues with multiple accounts - many, many of them. Merging duplicates is a very time consuming chore. In addition, there needs to be a way to merge accounts that are similar but do not necessarily have matching name/email details. For example, Shari A. registered for an event with her personal email and then a few days later she made a donation as Sharon A. with her work email address. Need to be able to select two accounts to merge like these. Would also like to have an option for 'joint' accounts. We have numerous people registering as Bill & Jane X.

Would like to be able to add items to the calendar without creating an event.

Have asked for the ability to offer volume type discounts for registrations (like you can in the store feature) - i.e. $150/person for a gala ticket or purchase a table for $1250. You can create two items but we need to also be able to collect the registrant details for 10 at a table. Would be nice to be able to set it up as - X% or $X discount when 10 or more register together.

Other major software systems I have used have an annual user conference where you can go and select workshops on topics of interest and actually learn in person and have the chance to ask questions. In addition, it is always helpful to be able to talk with other users and learn tips and tricks from them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not terribly intuitive. The 'language and terms' used for various functions do not always fit each organization so you have to figure out what something means in your own terms. Expect a fairly extensive learning curve.

I like having donations, event registrations, etc. all using one database.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"It has been a learning curve but well worth the effort."

What do you like best?

The best feature on Neon CRM, in my opinion, is the fact that I can run reports and then create a hyperlink. With that hyperlink I can share it with whoever I want and they can view a report at their own convenience. For example, we do a campaign that involves intense tracking over a 2 1/2 week period. With the hyperlink I can set up the parameters of a report and people on my team can view those up to date reports in real time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if someone pledges a donation that the system does not automatically generate a letter that can be programmed to be sent by a certain date if the donation is not received. I also wish that there were better templates for emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I had to go through the process of selecting a software all over, I would definitely choose this system again. The tech support is fantastic. They typically will respond to your question within the same business day. That service is unparalleled especially when you are under a time crunch.

We are a non-profit that needs to communicate regularly with our donors and manage data that comes along with our donations. We also need to utilize our data in order to strategically market. By using this software we have been able to accomplish all of this. We now have the ability to send up to 9,000 emails to our entire database and tailor the message to the appropriate audience. We can quickly run reports and analyze data that will make us a more successful fundraiser.

Neon CRM review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Very helpful!"

What do you like best?

It was really helpful to have a space for info on customers and keep track of various tasks that needed to be done. I could do a pretty easy query to find data I needed to have.

What do you dislike?

Exporting queries to Excel, etc, could be a pain if I needed things categories differently. Overall, though, it felt pretty user friendly. I also would have loved to have been able to customize a little better. Maybe there were ways to do it, but I never felt confident after watching the video tutorials.

Mostly just solving keeping track of those who are using our products. We also used Neon at a non-profit I was working for, and it was really great regarding donor management - printing off tax receipts etc. I liked being able to see overall giving for different donors or to be able to leave notes to myself about them.

Neon CRM review by <span>Allison B.</span>
Allison B.

"Amazing Donor Data Base: Neon CRM"

What do you like best?

After researching many other donor data bases, my organization chose Neon CRM and have not been disappointed. It is very user friendly. Easy to run reports, input data and customize for the needs of the organization. Donors can log in and change their information, register for events and print tax receipts. I love that it is web based.

What do you dislike?

Duplicates caused when donors make a donation on line. Need a place for "Nicknames".

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommended this software to other nonprofits and would do it again.

YES had to put all donations in by hand. Using NeonCRM has saved so much time. We also know our donors better.

Neon CRM review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Neon - a user friendly donation management system"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Neon was how easy it is to customize to fit your needs.

What do you dislike?

Parts of it can be a little clunky until you get the hang of it. I didn't enjoy how many clicks it took to complete one action.

Neon allowed the organization I worked for to track habitual donors. This allowed us to recognize patterns and be able to pinpoint who needed to be reached out to.

Neon CRM review by <span>BILL B.</span>
BILL B.

"NEON"

What do you like best?

This application is the easiest to use of any that we've tried.

What do you dislike?

So far, we've encountered nothing that would discourage an average user from trying this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Arrange for a trial. The application sells itself.

As an organization with more than 80,000 constituents in 102 countries, we needed a robust application that is capable of managing complex series of data. Still, it needed to be intuitive enough to be used by volunteers with limited computer skills. NEON fits the bill.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Neon CRM is just what we needed."

What do you like best?

Neon CRM has many great features for membership management and event registrations.

What do you dislike?

There are many modules that we have not yet had a chance to utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Neon has great support. We did not pay for any additional support when we started. The import instructions were clear and importing data was simple. Any questions we have had have been answered promptly and completely. This has been extremely helpful while we were learning.

The Event Registration module has been great. We are able to keep much more accurate records of students registering for classes. Parents have especially liked being able to register online for Summer Camp. Registration records are easily accessible through generated reports.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I use NEON on a daily basis to management several of our programs."

What do you like best?

The fundraising component is relatively easy to use for our participants.

What do you dislike?

Matching donations and running reports has been very frustrating for our organization. Duplicate accounts is also very frustrating.

Our social fundraising has become a bit easier to implement through NEON.

Neon CRM review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy software that is useful to nonprofits of all sizes"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Very easy to understand, even for the non-tech savvy. Great training tools available

What do you dislike?

Limited template availability for form letters, thank you notes, etc.

Simplifies running reports and makes it very easy to pull the information needed. That means it is faster and easier to target appropriate donors and volunteers on different campaigns.

Neon CRM review by Administrator

"Many feature, weird way of putting it together"

What do you like best?

Customer support is okay and is easy to use once you figure out some of the things.

What do you dislike?

The company email really confuses me, why can’t you just pull everyone’s email into a concise list?

Able to send emails and do our basic tasks

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good product, shaky customer service"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, good for donor prospecting and management, shows relationships between donors.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, haven't used it too long. Was hard to get in touch with customer service / sales reps sometimes due to proposal communication issues.

Keeping track of donors, running reports for old donors.

Neon CRM review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"No data base is perfect"

What do you like best?

1) It can be maintained in the cloud

2) It can be customized

What do you dislike?

1) the reporting is clumsy

2) the reporting on prospects does not function

3) it will not allow using the back button

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good inexpensive data base, but it has issues, as do all data bases.

Tracking events, development, and CRM in one combined software package

Neon CRM review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Neon CRM "

What do you like best?

Flexibility of settings and functions with the system

What do you dislike?

The sluggish pace of the website in the afternoons

Donor engagement

Neon CRM review by User in Higher Education

"NeonCRM Review, AICGS"

What do you like best?

The interface is relatively easy to use and easy to pick up.

What do you dislike?

In general, I thought the software was easy to use, and I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good piece of software that is fairly easy to use and user-friendly.

I used it during my internship at AICGS, who used the software for donor database management.

Learning about Neon CRM?

* We monitor all Neon CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.