ZAP (Formerly ZAP BI)

With customers and staff around the globe, ZAP provides technology that supports a customer’s journey from data collection and manipulation to the presentation of best practice analytics, allowing organizations to better manage their business at a time when data is both exploding and becoming ever increasingly important.

Work for ZAP (Formerly ZAP BI)?
Ibmpuredatasystemsforana 2x

Learning about ZAP?

ZAP (Formerly ZAP BI) Reviews

Ask ZAP a Question
Showing 23 ZAP reviews
ZAP review by <span>Benjamín R.</span>
Benjamín R.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Such a pleasure work with ZAP

What do you like best?

There were two big hits, one is the complete Dynamics AX integration, you only need a few days to configure all the reports (views), therefore you can use any of the hundreds of the views and dashboards. Also, there is a very nice feeling to build your own views.

What do you dislike?

Maybe, the fact that there is not a desktop version, many times a web based program has some kind of delay when you are trying to design something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order you want a great knowledge of your business, you need an excellent FrontEnd for your ERP. Think ZAP is a powerful non-expensive tool.

Now we can easily know the highlights of our business

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ZAP (Formerly ZAP BI)
ZAP review by <span>Aaron B.</span>
Aaron B.

Love ZAPBI

What do you like best?

Supremely easy to use. You do need some database knowledge to fully leverage the system, but the drag and drop interface is slick, and allows me to provide answers to the business significantly faster than ever before.

The services team is top notch, and working with them is always enlightening. I never miss a tips and tricks monthly session, as they are always relevant, well presented, and give me the opportunity to influence future releases, while maximizing my current deployment.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for basic functions is quick, but the depth of the software is immense. Eventually you start realizing that there's so much to learn, and that last 5% of knowledge is really tough to figure out on your own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I truly believe that ZAP is simply the best option on the market. The flexibility and usability of the product is first rate, support is excellent, and the product simply gets better and better with each release.

We operate like a startup - every day there are new issues and questions. ZAP lets me quickly modify our data warehouse to incorporate new elements, and help the decision makers in my business make wiser choices.

We are at the point where my executive team trusts ZAP completely, knowing that it is the one source of the truth that they can always trust. Excel reports are no longer part of our analysis, because it's simply too easy to modify the numbers. But the data warehouse is solid, clear, and a trusted resource.

What Data Warehouse solution do you use?

ZAP review by <span>Gavin S.</span>
Gavin S.

ZAP BI - Powerful, Intuitive, and Relevant Business Intelligence

What do you like best?

The best part of ZAP BI is how easy it is to build the cube that is used for your business intelligence reporting. You don't even have to be a programmer to be able to easily create and modify the cube data for your reports. Very intuitive software.

The training and user support are also both excellent. Quick response times and excellent explanations are standard.

The user interface is also powerful and very intuitive which allows us to quickly and easily train employees. Many advanced features can be put to use to create a depth of reporting that can't be achieved with convention report-writing software.

What do you dislike?

When designing a report in the BI software, there is no undo button. This is not a major problem, but is annoying when report designers are used to having this available in most commonly used software applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that will save you time and money. Although there are competitors that can offer similarly insightful data/reporting, I don't believe that any do it as easily as ZAP BI.

We have realized many benefits including advanced insights into customer profitability, production floor performance, and capacity analysis. Financial data is easier to drill through and analyze as well. Always having the important/relevant data in a dashboard in front of users helps us make relevant decisions and recognize potential problems before they happen.

ZAP review by <span>Waylan S.</span>
Waylan S.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Definitely a learning curve but a great time saver!

What do you like best?

Probably the best thing about ZAP BI is the time saving functionality. We reduced the amount of time spent on our financial statements from about 4 hours running statements from BI-360 to 5 minutes using ZAP BI. There is also a great staff at ZAP that is always there when you need them. I highly recommend using ZAP.

What do you dislike?

I have to jog my memory here but I don't think you can put footers into your reports. The report pack functionality is also pretty basic. For example, I have 2 report packs that generate all the individual reports and one that runs a slicer to generate departments. It was advertised that we would be able to build our entire monthly financial statements in ZAP but we just email the reports to ourselves and then build them in Adobe. The other thing that needs improvement would have to be cell calculations. They should turn cell calculations into Excel where you can type formulas into a cell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you have multiple sources of data as ZAP can bring everything together.

We eliminated some statements that were still being manually created in Excel. We are saving tremendous amounts of time.

ZAP review by <span>Jordan S.</span>
Jordan S.

ZAP BI Consistently Delivering Quality Experience and Powerful UI

What do you like best?

Technical support from Kevin Tan has been crucial to our ongoing success of the product. Cube Xpress and Modeler have proved to be very intuitive ETL systems that provide enough flexibility to assist with our integration efforts of companies we acquire. The Help function is a great tool for both novice and advanced users, which greatly benefits me as the Application Administrator - I can often send people to the Help center to read literature rather than training them myself on common topics.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest downsides I experience is not having a good way for Consumers/Designers to share resources from the Personal Folder to other users' Personal Folders. As an Admin I typically have to copy and past resources myself which is a burden. Also, the error messages users receive when building reports in ZAP could be much clearer/easier to understand. Possibly listing common causes for the error message could assist non-expert Designers in troubleshooting the issue. Also, this doesn't pertain to the application itself, but I am not a big fan of ZAP's company website. Logging a ticket can be confusing and I think there could be a much better Community Blog where users can discuss common topics and answer questions. Also, I think more introductory training videos should be made available for free. While the personal training sessions are great, as a large company we cannot afford to send everybody to the ZAP classes. Lastly, Administrators should be able to have more freedom to control Consumer and Designer interactions. Specifically, as an Admin I would like to be able to set people default Home Page... so that users automatically see a specific dashboard when they login. Currently, each user has to select the homepage theirselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZAP is a great product for companies seeking quick implementation of databases and quality analytics.

Prior to developing our current data warehouse, program teams across the country were forced to perform manual processes in order to extrapolate program performance. In addition to crunching data, there wasn't a go-to resource for consistent reporting functionality and the same manual data gathering processes had to be repeated each month. Additionally, our databases were segmented - financial data was primarily only available to the finance department, and operational data within Dynamics CRM was only viewable within the application itself.

Once ZAP was connected to our primary databases, we were able to integrate all of the crucial data sets together and begin producing dynamic reports that automatically update each day, replacing the need for manual legwork and reducing the time program teams had to commit to analyzing and reporting on program performance. Additionally, once our operational and financial data were both connected to ZAP, we were able to begin answering complex questions with ease in a way that was not previously possible. Now program teams have access to data previously only available to the finance department, and vice versa. Therefore, less time is spent asking our finance department to provide a specific report or explanation now that users have access to data directly within ZAP.

ZAP review by <span>Bryan V.</span>
Bryan V.

ZAP is fantastic

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Yes, like any good product, there is a basic learning curve, but once you are past that, the product is intuitive and powerful. Support is always readily available if needed, whether a basic question or you are dealing with an issue (which is rare). ZAP the product works extremely well and ZAP the people are very easy to work with. Throughout our company, whether a data consumer, report writer, IT staff member, or executive, ZAP is highly regarded and heavily used. I can't imagine not having ZAP.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to come up with dislikes, but I would say the lack of a strong user community where beginning to power users can ask each other how to work through a problem, i.e. "how do I do X". ZAP support is always willing to help, but a strong community where users can talk to people just like them, peers, would be very helpful. ZAP has built the foundation for such an online community, but as of now the ZAP end users using it are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe ZAP is a no-brainer. It is easy to work with and so powerful, plus the company is great. The only complaints I hear are those from people that don't use ZAP and say things like "the way the cube is structured doesn't follow best practices" - if it works well, doesn't cause problems, then why does it matter if it doesn't do things the way some "experts" say it should be done. Innovation is about trying to do things better, not the way we were told we had to do it. At the end of the day, all those that are using ZAP are extremely happy with the solution.

There are the obvious but intangible benefits of having the right information at the right time resulting in better decisions. This is why we purchased ZAP in the first place. However, we have found a very concrete ROI in reduced headcount - this was not planned, but from natural attrition, we found we didn't need to rehire for some positions, as existing people could take on the additional work load as a direct result of much less time spent pulling information together.

Learning about ZAP (Formerly ZAP BI)?

* We monitor all ZAP (Formerly ZAP BI) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.