Zapier Bot

Zapier is designed to automatically move info between Slack and other apps.

Work for Zapier Bot?

Learning about Zapier Bot?

Zapier Bot Reviews

Showing 15 Zapier Bot reviews
Zapier Bot review by Kyle G.
Kyle G.

"One of the most customizable bots "

What do you like best?

If you're familiar with the Zapier workflow, you're probably aware of the endless amount of actions you can trigger - with the only limitations being those set in place by the application or service Zapier is being integrated with. The slackbot integration is very customizable, with triggers available for most slack actions.

What do you dislike?

With a highly configurable product, configuration complexities can easily arise - complicating the use if you're not as familiar with certain triggers. Unless you have a dedicated integration team to manage the setup, I would recommend hiring someone for the project (depending on scope)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got someone who's familiar with IFTTT, they'll understand the general flow of how the product triggers actions. For Zapier Bot (Zapbot) - the trigger automates various slack actions. Highly recommended if you're using Slack for team communication.

When using Zapier, we were able to configure notices for an entire team when changes to a schedule in Google Sheets were made, allowing for real time schedule management and notifications to allow for more flexible scheduling and staffing depending on volume.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zapier Bot
Zapier Bot review by Tsahi L.
Tsahi L.

"The easiest and fastest way to integrate between SaaS products"

What do you like best?

The simple approach to automating a flow that spans across multiple products, along with the fact that almost any modern SaaS product already has an integration with Zapier.

What do you dislike?

The price. This tool is rather expensive once you start to scale.

A colleague of mine thinks the tool is a bit too complex, which is true once you start looking at the need to filter or format certain data that you pass across applications. For me, this is seldom the case.

Branching isn't possible with Zapier - you can only run it in a single direction (straight lines of applications that you connect one to another).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It works great.

Ability to create automation sequences across multiple SaaS products that I am using.

By making use of Zapier, I've been able to get more done in my business.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Zapier Bot review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Get notified about pretty much anything"

What do you like best?

If there is an online platform you can't link Zapier bot up to now, that platform is probably pretty old and crappy. It can literally connect to anything worth connecting to and notify you about changes in real time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the alerts you can setup in Slack are not the prettiest things, but I think that's more down to Slack than Zapier.

The two main things we use it for are to keep the team up to date on new blog posts (with selected tweets for sharing on our work accounts) and for being notified when our clients have added new products to their inventories by syncing it up to Google Docs spreadsheets.

Zapier Bot review by Daniel Q.
Daniel Q.

"Very much for productivity freaks, moderately easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Its been very functional for making regular reminders for people! With more experience using it, I can see myself making even more functional bots for my needs!

What do you dislike?

It has a high learning curve! The only way I was able to implement a functionality was through the help of a knowledgeable co-worker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tutorials available on the website when first setting up your bots, and take advantage of bots others have built.

We have a regular lab cleanup schedule in our lab that required sending reminders to people. We have replaced this by just maintaining a google calendar integrated through Zapier, and it is now completely automated.

Zapier Bot review by Caitlin D.
Caitlin D.

"The Zapier Bot has so many use cases"

What do you like best?

For my purpose, I use the Zapier Bot in order to test our own Zapier integration. But we also use it for tons of other cases where we want notifications within Slack. It was quite easy for our team to create our own bot due to Zapier's help and guidance.

What do you dislike?

The setup and implementation was quite easy, so not much to dislike.

We realized many users like ourselves use Slack for their team communication. Building a Zapier bot was going to be ideal for our business and help out a lot of users that pay for our product.

Zapier Bot review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Repetitive processes made easy."

What do you like best?

Customizable. The multi-step zaps. Supports MySQL.

What do you dislike?

Very less access for free users. expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a startup and workforce is limited, then, this is of great use as redundant work can be automated thus, we can channel the workforce to do better technical work. As a person who hates even simple redundant tasks, I loved the product and found it to be of great use. Setting up the flow was very easy and it is useable on a wide range of apps. It makes it versatile. The downside though, free users cannot access much of its functions and the lowest paid plan offers less number of zaps. If the company is small, it might find the app expensive.

For the company, I worked in, we were developing a cloud-based billing application. We had to thus, test a lot of scenarios/flows. Most of the task is redundant. Thus, using Zapier helped us rid these repetitive tasks. It is integrable with a lot of apps, including the google set. The whole process of setting up a flow is easy as well and came be done by a beginner without much difficulty/guidance. It has saved us a lot of time and rid us of redundant work.

Zapier Bot review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Useful integration for admin tasks"

What do you like best?

We use zapier bot to dump cancelation requests into a slack channel so that relevant staff are notified immediately. Keeps us from having to monitor CRQs constantly.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then zapier bot won’t bring through all the relevant information collected in the cancellation sheet into the slack channel.

We created a survey that customers complete to request to cancel their subscription. That survey dumps into a Google sheet and zapier bot collects all entries in that sheet and posts them into our CRQ slack channel. Our support team is immediately notified of the CRQ and get timely/relevant info on how to save the customer.

Zapier Bot review by Marketing Specialist D.
Marketing Specialist D.

"Brings in the info we want"

What do you like best?

It's ease and functionality with our current workflow.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I dislike. Maybe, if it had new features or suggestions?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a great way to tie other applications into your internal communication, it's a great solution.

Our internal communication is executed inside Slack and Zapier Bot helps us connect other functioning departments into our communication channels seamlessly and automatically.

Zapier Bot review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Zapier + Slack = :)"

What do you like best?

I love Zapier - they make things easy to do and integrate with the programs I use daily. I use Zapier with Slack to send me the weather every morning - simple, I know. But I love it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I wish I had more things I needed to automate, but this works great for my needs.

I use it mainly for my personal use, but Zapier can be used with all sorts of different programs. I tried using it with Zendesk, but it didn't quite work how I wanted it to. I'm still working on that.

Zapier Bot review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"Great tool for automation"

What do you like best?

Allows you to sync up with familiar apps like Slack

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the limitations but from what I have seen they will improve on that end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier has a platform that offers a wide range of automation abilities

Automating Tickets to Slack

Zapier Bot review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Zapier Bot Review"

What do you like best?

I like that we can send info straight from one platform into a Slack channel that everyone can see; it eliminates the need to have everyone be able to log into Zapier.

What do you dislike?

This isn't necessarily something that is against the Zapier bot, but if you have a lot of data coming into a channel, it can get annoying to constantly get notifications and it's hard to search to find one specific thing.

We use it to notify specific team members of activity within their accounts.

Zapier Bot review by Juan Pablo F.
Juan Pablo F.

"Connect everyting with everything"

What do you like best?

The huge library of apps. I have find all the Apps I use.

What do you dislike?

Some times I'd like to have a personal assistant to help me find the best way to connect the apps.

Optimize time sharing information is hosted in different applications.

Zapier Bot review by Carlos E.
Carlos E.

"It's a bit iffy... sometimes it works and when it does it's awesome!"

What do you like best?

I see the value in Zapier but it is has been hit or miss for me

What do you dislike?

The Eventbrite to Google sheets is not fully functional.

Integrations and data transfers

Zapier Bot review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Used to connect different CRM and Webinar software"

What do you like best?

Allowed for easy automation to be creates quickly.

What do you dislike?

Could have more features and automation for things.

Automation that used to be manual. I save a ton of time in office.

Zapier Bot review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Integration Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Helps connects all the different apps we use for business.

What do you dislike?

Can you rely on it too much and sometimes doesn't always work.

Able to take human error out of the equation.

Learning about Zapier Bot?

* We monitor all Zapier Bot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.